Straight Talk Wireless

Miami, FL

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I hate Straight Talk, to the moon and back, for now and eternity. I’m pretty sure if they have cell phone service in hell, it’s provided by Straight Talk. Our girls use a cell phone for literally 1 week out of the year, when they spend a week at Grandma and Grandpa’s house to take part in Prairie Fire Theater in Sherburn, MN. We used to have an extra line on our Verizon plan, but it was $15 a month, so I cancelled it.

According to the Straight Talk website, the old Verizon flip phone we had been using was compatible with Straight Talk, so I attempted to activate it. But $45 for 1 month for a flip phone? The heck with that, they have a 1500 minute plan sold by Walmart. So I purchase one online, have the PIN delivered via email, and I’m off to the races, right? Wrong. Upon entering the PIN, I get the message “This Service PIN is not compatible with your phone.” It’s non-returnable. Crap, I just threw $30 away. Thanks, Straight Talk. Next step, call customer service. Baljeet in Bangledesh answers, and I can’t understand a word beyond Hello. I’m sure he said his name was Frank or Billy, or something like that. At that point, I had another call coming in, so I hung up. It’s just as well, I would have needed a translator. If only they had Closed Captioning for cell phones.

A few minutes later, I call again. This time it’s Baljeet’s sister. She speaks slightly better English than Baljeet. After about 20 minutes of asking her to repeat everything so I can make sure I heard her right, she assures me that I can’t use that $30 plan I just purchased with this particular phone, that I will need the $45 plan. Great, thanks a lot. But she assured me that the phone was compatible and needed a SIM card to be activated. Next step: drive 31 miles away to Walmart to buy a $50 kit that includes the SIM card and the $45 plan. After I get home, I try to activate it. No luck. I let the phone sit all night long. When I get up, the message “Programming SIM Card in Progress” is still on the screen. Great.

So I call back, and end up speaking to Mike, who speaks very good English. After Mike does a little research on why the phone isn’t activating, he assures me that the phone is not compatible with Straight Talk. ARE YOU ** KIDDING ME?!? Of course I didn’t say that on the phone, but I sure as shootin’ wanted to. So by this time I’m into it for $80+tax, and have nothing. Abso-friggin-lutely nothing. Well, I do have a $30 PIN that I can’t use and an old, beat up Verizon flip phone, so there’s that.

Next step: I’m in too far to back out now. If I don’t end up with something to show for it, I’ll be doubly ticked off. So it’s off to Walmart to shell out another $30+tax for a cheap Straight Talk smart phone. I try to activate it, but no luck. Guess what? It needs a $45 service PIN. Great. But I remember that Mike assured me that the service PIN could be transferred to the new phone. So I call back. This time it’s Baljeet’s sister again, and she is in a rather unpleasant mood. After about 20 minutes of trying to make sense of what she’s saying, she says “would you give me 2 minutes to look in to this?” Sure, what the heck, I’ve got nothing better to do. 20 minutes later, and 5 minutes of saying “Hello, is there anybody there,” and each time followed by weird sounds, I get fed up and hang up.

I’m into it for $110+ tax by this point, so I call back. This time the call is answered by Mike’s sister Sarah, who speaks great English. 5 minutes later she has the service PIN transferred for me, and says that it can take as long as 24 hours to activate. Great. Now she’s going to transfer me to the department that handles service transfers so I can get an estimate on how long it’s going to take. But there’s an error. Rather than the supervisor of the service transfer department, I get the main system. Isn’t that just perfect. So I can either call back, or wait and see. After waiting 24 hours, and still no activation, I decided to cut my losses, return the stupid phone, and hopefully sell the unused $30 service PIN on eBay. If I ever had the choice again between a root canal and Straight Talk, I’d prefer the root canal.

I bought an LG Stylo 2 and after about 3 weeks it crashed... I called customer service and after some investigating he told me I had a defective phone... He said I was still under warranty and they would replace it... Well after about 3 weeks of going with no phone I got one in the mail and it was refurbished. I just paid 150 dollars for my phone and then I ended up with a phone they are selling on the website for 55 bucks. As I'm writing this I was sitting on hold for 20 minutes after telling the woman something was wrong with my phone again, and guess what, she just hung up on me. That's 4 times in a row. I've called them and immediately got put on hold for at least 20 minutes. While they are "getting information". My mom called them also and got the same thing happen to her. She said after 20 minutes they hang up on her.

Was a customer for over 8 years until they recently let my acct get hacked yes let even helped. I lost my company number and they wouldnt help to get it back. Yes they gave the hacker my info to get into my account. Then told me then apologized and said there was nothing they could do. Fyi all you need to do this is the phones meid "your account login" and the phone number and you can port any Straight Talk number to any other phone. Yeah zero security. Welp never again. Yeah anyone but straight talk.

For weeks I have been calling for them to reset my VM because I don't want anyone to be able to leave a VM. So this last time he tells me the towers where I am is every other carrier but Straight and he can't reset it.... BS. So I hung up. This pisses me off. In three weeks no one in consumer care has resolved my problem... soooo very sad Straight Talk Wireless.

I called in and paid for my friend's phone service, gave the phone number I was calling about. Bought the same plan as I have done for months. They even ask if I wanted to use the same card. After they said to make sure phone was turned to receive minutes and that transaction was complete, texted my friend. Service was on. He called. Said he tried to text me. No service. I called back. They had already charged my card. They said they couldn't find that number. They told him I cancelled his number. They took my money. Shut his number down. You have to have security information to do that which I didn't. He lost his number after 6 year and still have my money. I lost my friend over this. I'm going to sue over this. That is stealing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

I've been with Straight Talk for years! Bought many Straight Talk phones for others as well. 1st if you change your number, they will not at all give you the old number back if you get locked out of your email because of the 2 step verification, Straight Talk will not care nor help!! 2nd Even if your phone is under warranty and something breaks that is covered, you will have to send your phone off and "WAIT" for a replacement phone which can take up to 13 days!!! I truly this company, the customer service is no good, they could care less. They are foreign but selling in US stores!

I started new service with Straight Talk. I got 12 gb with my plan and in less than a week it was gone. Before this service I used Family Mobile and had 10gb that lasted all month and was online and downloaded so much more. I'm switching to Sprint. Bring my own phone plus have unlimited high speed plus 10gb hotspot.

Apparently policy is more important to them than the well being of customer retention. Bought a new phone that was delivered by USPS from the company. 2 weeks later it crashed. Called to get corrected and replaced. Was told 15 days. Drive for a living across the states and won't be home to receive the replacement phone. Asked if we could expedite the process as overnight (willing to pay the cost) and was immediately told no. I now am terribly inconvenienced by the "policy."

Was told that we broke the phone. I had to explain to them that we are not irresponsible adults and it was through no fault of our own that the device was electronically defective. Spent about 4 hours and 3 people later with not one result in any favor of a customer. Only excuses that it is "policy."

I come from an extensive customer service background and this type of treatment would NOT be tolerated. I was always taught to do what was best for our customer within reason of the company's policies and expectations. I'm still beside myself with the way our situation was handled. One lady even was sassy on the phone with me from the call center. I asked for a supervisor and she stated in a sarcastic tone that she was the manager. I do not believe that due to the unprofessional way that she handled our situation. The third person that I encountered was dialed on a different number. He was fairly decent until that word "policy" came up and what they "can't" do. I thought the process was, what is it we CAN do to helps customer have a great, good, experience with the company.

I then proceeded to ask for one billing month's worth of credit for the time, frustration, defective phone, lack of compromise and poor service. He kept telling me the bill will be due In August, not July (when the next one was/is due). So I asked that he please notate this on the account. He said no, it was against policy??? REALLY! He literally JUST said something, that I repeated back for clarification and now it's against company policy. Well, we danced around in that circle for a few rounds until I just stopped. My blood pressure has risen, head is aching and chest hurting after this experience. I totally do not get their so called "policy."

Someone mentioned the Better Business Bureau and I am thinking that is a great idea after this.

I bought a $200 phone from Straight Talk 1 year and 2 weeks ago. Two days ago I started having issues with it not wanting to charge, it had been kicking out of 4G off and on for a while, but nothing I could not fix going into mobile networks. Now today when I went to message a friend back my keyboard would pop up then drop back down. When I would try to get it back up it continued to do this over and over again. Then later on in the day when I swiped the screen to unlock it just froze and would not unlock.

I called customer service to help and they had me do a hard reset to factory, which did nothing because it would not let me get past the sign in screen for my Gmail account. I called back customer service to only be told their warranty is 1 year??? For a $200 phone??? Are you joking me??? At least my other cell company I had when my phone croaked and the warranty was up they sent me a refurbished phone & I sent them the messed up one back. This is BAD BUSINESS!!! I am not happy after being with them for all these years. This is how you treat your customers?

Prior to purchasing the phone and service card the employees, I spoke with assured me the service would work while I was in Europe for the military, however, shortly after purchasing the plan and phone I found out the service won't work. Less than 24 hrs after activating service I called wanting a refund since they were dishonest but was refused.

Going on a deployment? Need to hold your phone number? Need to transfer your phone number to a more friendly service? Forget about it!!! They will hold your phone number, force you to buy unneeded services, and delay a phone port to the point it not worth keeping your old phone. They are unable or incompetent to execute very simple and basic requests.

Below is my story. In summary here is my complaints: Inability to hold phone number and place current account hold account status for military personnel deployed oversea IAW Service Member Relief Act (customer service reps said they can only hold accounts inactive for one month no matter the circumstance). Inability to transfer phone unlock code despite meeting the customer longevity requirements to own the rights to my straight talk phone. Forcing me to purchase an unneeded cell plan to release my phone number for porting to another provider. (Note: Direct FCC violation - customers have the rights to their phone numbers not the cell providers - This was essentially an illegal porting fee).

Once purchasing the above service plan, the Straight Talk rejected two requests to transfer to another carrier stating that the phone was not active when it was (Another 3 days of service lost). Ultimately, I was forced to buy an unneeded service plan to get access to my phone number. Have since made a request to port my number to another service provider.

I have experienced several month's worth of aggravation of not being able to log into my account online using a computer. They have tried to force me to use their worthless app and I will not use it, ever. Today, I was successful in logging in a couple of times, changed some information and now it doesn't work again. I was even supposedly transferred to some person at "Corporate Headquarters" in Florida. I doubt that one but anyway, that person would not help me either. And I have had multiple people just stop talking to me and act like they can't hear me, I guess. Which really just rips into me.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole group of so called technicians or whatever they're called, just need to give up their little job because they can't do it anyway. Pretty sad that these people piggy back off of other companies' cell towers just so that they can save a few bucks but yet they are not even capable of solving a simple login problem that most computer technicians are taught how to resolve in the first few months of either training or on the job use. This I say because I was a computer technician for over 15 years and possess multiple certifications for several big name IT companies. But I guess they don't want to talk to or deal with anyone that is smarter than they are.

Also, I am rather over polite with these people when talking to them on the phone, however, I can remember losing my temper once and then ended up apologizing to them, by my own choice because I felt that I may have been too strong on that one individual. So, chock this ill experience up along the thousands of others that are on this site as well as others around the internet.

I finally cancelled my order as I never received my phone and was continually told it would be shipping out the next day. Tomorrow another payment comes out and they can't stop it. Takes a few days to cancel the lease. I cancelled over a week ago and then had to send SmartPay a copy of the cancellation notice. So now they owe me $200 and it takes another 5 to 7 days for a refund.

I purchased a hot spot and 5 GB of data. I barely used it for 2 days and it quit working. The first time I called I was told there was an issue on their end and I had 3.3 GB left of data. Today I called since it's still not working and they said I had 0 GB and would have to pay them before they would do any troubleshooting. I spoke with "manager" Dick ** customer **, he said his supervisor was Sylvester ** but would not let me talk to him. I was on the phone 43 minutes and he refused to do any more than read my balance which I can do online myself.

I bought the Straight Talk hotspot Friday night and had to get help Saturday because it was not working every day since I've had to call because it says internet service not working. When I call a representative will first tell me I've used all of my data then they will reset after I explain that I just got it. Last night I had someone hang up on me and another tell me I used all my data and there's nothing they can do about it. This morning the same thing was said. I bought $40 dollar plan that was supposed to be for two months and only lasted approximately three days once they fixed it but I've used all of my data.

I have my own phone so I checked with them and they said I could use it with them. So they sent me a SIM card. I tried to set it up and called to activate it, purchased a monthly plan of $45 and it didnt work. So I called Straight Talk and after about 30mins they told me my phone wouldnt work with them. I ask them for a refund of the $45 since I could not use it and was told straight out NO. So I ask to speak to someone else. When someone else got on the phone, I explained what had happened and he ask me to hang on one min... So I waited and waited and waited... and I said Hello... HELLO finally he said yes... I ask what was taking so long. No answer.

I stayed on the phone for 45mins. You could hear them, but no one would answer me. So I hung up and called back. This time a girl answered. I explained what had happened... SAME THING. They must just lay the phone down and walk away. So I have no phone and I am out $45. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I purchased Straight Talk Wireless service from a Walmart in New Mexico. They assured me the service should be active immediately with nothing further required. When Straight Talk refused to activate my phone, they said I needed a service number from Walmart or they could not help me. Walmart told me they have never operated that way and never give out service numbers. Neither side knew anything about the other, and I never got the service I paid for. How a company this poorly managed is still around boggles my mind. Worst service ever. Straight Talk is an outright scam.

I really don't know where to begin. It would take all day to write about it. I got my friends & family on Straight Talk. It was great way back. Great phones, great access. I've been a customer and referring everyone I could find, with no interest on getting anything in exchange from anyone. BUT, starting about end of 2015 to beginning 2016, it went from back to intolerable. My unlimited service stopped at 5m, then text & picture receiving & sending got so slow, It was useless. After many, countless hrs with tech support & service, it would work for a few hours and then cell started malfunctioning. Constant, self shutdowns, constant self resetting, cell would get extremely hot & battery would drain in minutes and even in seconds. Customer service would send me another phone, but failed to tell me that even though the re-up card I was buying said "Unlimited Data", they had changed their services.

Then the whole 4g for the first 5Gs, and then 2g access for the rest of the month. It was useless. The internet speed was NOT even dial-up speed. I WOULD SOMETIMES WAIT MAYBE AN HOUR OR MORE JUST TO CHECK MY E-MAIL. Then it would take 30 to 45 minutes to appear on the screen. Most of the time, cell would power off and back on, and I had to start all over again. Hack protection on the LG Androids; nonexistent. LG 15, would lock up. They sent me 2 or 3 empty boxes so I would return the old one and they could send me the new/refurbished one. FedEx would not ship without charging me because they used the wrong label, even though I was clear in telling them what FedEx had said and required. I got so tired of it all, no cell, time running on plan for the month without service, SO I agreed to pay shipping via USPS, BECAUSE FEDEX would charge me tons more $.

They said they would reimburse me for the cost of mailing the cell to them, NEVER GOT REIMBURSED THE $30+ DOLLARS IT COST ME TO SEND IT TO THEM. Then nobody knew anything about it. Got the refurbished cell in the mail, was literally heck to get them to activate it, after more than an hour (as if I didn't have anything better to do), headache, nauseous, frustration and dealing with 3 or I don't even remember how many that sounded like they were in some country far away and were using tin cans and a string, with some form of English that was barely understandable, finally got it activated, but no reimbursement for shipping, time spent and the phone was "FREE", yeah right, free.

Nowadays, still being "THROTTLED" cell malfunctions. I have not changed company because I can't find a plan with another company to fit my budget or my situation. Besides, many of the competition is own by the same company as this one. Amercell, Americacel or call or whatever, by the Billionaire guy from Mexico. Get this, now he's setting Mexico's cellular service probably better than our service.

Honestly, I don't get it: I see see everyday people transmitting on their refurbished cell phones from poor countries that people are so poor, and I can't get half decent service at a reasonable price in U.S. & Puerto Rico. I don't get this... Really I don't. If they don't get you one way, they'll get you another. 4g? What, if I had a choice on what network I was getting better service with LTE data consumption and still got everything done, I would pick 3g network, constant back and forth 2-3-4-lte-other. It wastes date on the consumer side. Hope you have better luck than me on cell phone services. I am tired of changing numbers. It's time to say goodbye to Straight Talk and their other companies. It's all the same, look it up on www, who owns Straight Talk and you'll find out what other companies they are mixed up in. Do your research.

Hi. I have been a customer of Straight Talk phones for almost seven years until recently I decided to go to AT&T because I started to experience a lot of drop calls and it started to become more of a problem. So I tried to switch to AT&T and found out that my iPhone was locked which I have had for a year. They told me I have to buy one more month of a prepaid and then they would unlock it. So I asked to talk to a supervisor and the man told me there was no supervisor and went on to hang up on me. I called back again and got the same man which was very unprofessional, no customers service skills whatsoever and hanged up on me again. After that I just simply stopped trying and I will no longer get Straight Talk. I have canceled my son and husband's phones with them.

I am a national chaplain joining millions of Americans using conference call lines. The line we use is simply to pray for our nation. Part of my responsibility is to lead certain hours each week. This is in addition to working for an Appalachian charity serving the needs of some of our nation's poorest residents. On May 31st, my service quit. Upon trying to contact someone to troubleshoot, I was told my service was permanently terminated and my telephone and 20 year old number were permanently disabled. They said I had violated their contract. There was no notice, no indication prior to this anything was wrong.

I am nearing 70, have hearing impairment and am technically challenged. Over the next two weeks, in a small rural community, sales representatives were on the phone a total of 21 hours getting Supervisors from Verizon to talk with Supervisors from Straight Talk to first release my phone, then finally my number. I still don't know what I did. Straight Talk said I violated my contract by making 800 number calls or 3rd party calls. The service we use along with millions of Americans is FreeConferencing.com. The Straight Talk service advertises it is unlimited. The FreeConferencing.com number is ** which is no different than any personal or business number.

To get my 20 year old number reactivated, I was instructed to purchase a new Straight Talk phone and they had to send a SIMs Card. Upon arrival of the SIMs Card then the local Straight Talk sales representative talked a Supervisor into activating the number. But before Verizon could get it transferred, Straight Talk deactivated it again. It took several visits to both stores, to learn what happened. I had to purchase a 2nd new Straight Talk phone and service, the following Wednesday (2 weeks) and again get it activated. This time a Verizon Supervisor was standing by to quickly transfer the number.

Conclusion: I would rate Straight Talk as 1 star. No one could explain what was done wrong. We were not able to talk to Straight Talk representatives that could speak English well enough to understand them. One department would transfer you to another department, then want to transfer you back all with 30+ minute wait times. I would rate both the Walmart who took a special interest in helping, as 5 star. She listened to this story and repeated it several times.

I've been dealing with Straight Talk since 2010 and my service has always lasted me the whole month. No matter how many sites I visited or how much data I used it always lasted me 30 days. The last two months my data has been running out now. Mind you I'm not doing no more or no less then what I always have. Well tonight I called cause EVERYTHING IS RUNNING SLOW and she told me my data was running out AGAIN. It's only been like 20 DAYS THIS TIME since I refilled my service.

I told her it's bull. Ever since they went with Verizon my data don't last. They need to get rid of them cause they will be losing a lot of customers. Me for one after 7 years I will be dropping Straight Talk. I don't have 45 dollars every 20 days. They were a good company till they got with Verizon. So if you don't have Straight Talk don't get it now. Thank you. Very upset customer.

I would give 0 stars if I could. Completely uncooperative customer service. They forgot to reset my data with my new phone cycle and refused to credit the data back to my account. I can't wait to leave this service.

Since Straight Talk has started their loyalty reward program, I have been enrolled in it. Tried to redeem my points for my free month of service but when I went online to do so, it said that I'm not enrolled in the program. First, I had an online chat with a representative and said that I'll have to call Straight Talk to get the problem fixed. I tried that and spoke to someone and told me that I had to talk to the leasing Dept. I even tried that knowing that they wouldn't be able to help me because I haven't leased my phone nor do I have the insurance. Once again I tried to online chat and after dragging me along, they said the only way I can redeem my points is online and I don't have the option to do so. Unfortunately everyone in my home has them and we will be going to Verizon today.

I am fed up with Straight Talk. I purchased my phone in January and noticed the first month it would go into roaming and in the same areas at other times it would call through. Each month it got progressively worse with more roaming. Wal-Mart assured me that this phone LG Stylo 2 would work in my area of residence — wrong. I did the updates to no results, was sent two SIM cards; the second one I received on the date that I should have had my replacement phone or at least received the box to ship it.

Really how long should all this take? It is June 18, 2017. This replacement stuff was to have taken place by now. I became unemployed in March and now I have no phone service when I go to make my work searches for jobs. Stores should not be selling these phone under Straight Talk if they have no services in areas that are local. People are being ripped off. I am going to send a letter to the Better Business Bureau as well. I was given a confirmation number today for the empty box to be sent FedEx and they said it should arrive this Thursday or Friday. They also told me that the replacement would have the same features as my current one. Now it is waiting again while I am inconvenienced again without a working cell phone. If you call Straight Talk Customer Service number you can always give the confirmation number below My Name and all and they can confirm what is going on if they will.

I ordered a new phone from Straight Talk online and financed through Smart Pay Leasing with FedEx delivery next day. This was Wednesday at noon. I received emails from both companies saying everything was going through. I received an order #. I have been on the phone with Straight Talk trying to find out why my order has not processed for over 3 days now.

They have lied to me, given me fake FedEx numbers, told me I would have the phone by the end of the day. They have told me at times the order doesn't exist. Promised to handle it personally by one lady and she would call me back and did not, told me it was the leasing company who sends the phones out and that I need to call them. I call the leasing company they transfer me back to Straight Talk. My husband is on the phone now trying to get a refund to my account and they have hung up on him and sent him to one reply to another. I recommend no one order a phone from Straight Talk online.

There are so many things I would like to say about this company but the same issue will always be the same. The 4G SPEED is a joke. They steal your data that I pay money for and FCC lets them get away with it. My service end date is 28th and supposedly I am out of data. I can't even get on to speak to customer service which I might add is a waste of time. Last week I used my 10 GB and still have 3 weeks of service. Also I had AT&T unlimited plan and never used but 8 GB a month. I play one game and daughter watches kids YouTube but the game I play is on top of list. Yahtzee uses 10GB A MONTH? Seriously? That game was always in bottom of list with any other phone carrier I had. I'm so disappointed with STRAIGHT TALK.

I even screenshot everyday to show there was never even 4G LTE. I always have 3G. They are a joke and a insult. They steal data, steal money and should go ahead and change their name to CROOKED TALK. They don't fix the issues and instead of reimbursements they want you to call them and say 100 times during the conversation that they are so sorry for that! Ok so what are you going to do? You're going to tell me I used all that data. Well now I have proof I don't use that much data. Fix your issues STRAIGHT TALK before you have other issues and LAWSUITS on your hands. Oh and I turned off data last month several times when I didn't need phone and still used 10 GB IN 2 WEEKS!

I saved little by little for two months to get my husband a new phone for his birthday and Father's Day. I ordered the iPhone 4 and unlimited plan for the both of us as this was also my late Mother's Day present. I received confirmation email with my order # and order information. The money was taken from my card however I had requested next day delivery to be here in time for him. When it did not arrive I called since tracking link still said "order processing".

2 hours and 7 representatives later NO ONE can find my order or conveniently my payment info to refund my money. FLAT OUT THEY STOLE MY MONEY. It will take up to 10 business days to process dispute to get my money back so after 2 months of scraping I have NO GIFT for my husband and NO MONEY to get him something else. DO NOT USE STRAIGHT TALK!!!

I have the Straight Talk home phone connect device! The device only works maybe 25% of the time. I have to no answer transfer the calls to my cell phone all the time (it's that bad for now working) for you all who don't know what that means it when if you don't answer it forwards your calls! For the first two weeks I was losing business calls... they don't tell you that the reason they can sell the plans that cheap is because you're last on the priority list to using towers! Go to Page Plus and get service... it's a bargain and great dependable service!

My first month using the Straight Talk mobile hotspot was wonderful. Good speed, consistent internet access and never losing connection like I frequently had with T-Mobile. But when it came time to top up, the nightmare began. For 5 days I have spent countless hours on the phone waiting on hold sometime over half an hour and trying to find someone who's could fix the "system error" so that it stayed fixed. Each rep gave different reasons, one I caught in a lie about how much data I had, and one who hung up on me when I asked to speak to his supervisor.

The reps don't seem to know what they are doing, are often hard to understand, avoid direct answers to questions, and lack professionalism to deal with problems. At this point I would warn people to not do business with Straight Talk until they can fix their customer service issues of qualified reps to give tech support and having more techs available to decrease wait time from 30-40 minutes to 5-10 minutes.

I called for help switching phones. The man said his name was Joshua. He didn't know about my phone or its commands. I read what the screen said 3 times and he said that I wasn't reading it right. He kept asking me to skip when I couldn't. He said I had to take my phone into a store for help because then THEY could read it properly. I asked for a supervisor or anyone else, he wasted time, stayed silent then said he was a supervisor. After over an hour on the phone with him being rude and not helping (or speaking proper English) he started pressing buttons so I couldn't talk. I lasted 5 minutes then hung up. I was unable to call support again. It kept saying to call back. He blocked my number.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Straight Talk is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. The company has offered no-contract wireless phones since 2009. They currently have several unlimited plan options.

• Plan options: Straight Talk offers several plans from which customers can choose. The company offers several monthly plans with varying amounts of data as well as a six-month and a one-year plan. Parents might wish to purchase the longer term plans for teens or college students.
  • Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative 24/7. Customers can receive help by phone or basic answers by texting HELP to 611611.
  • Other services: In addition to cell phone service, Straight Talk offers wireless plans for tablets and home phone service. Consumers can also sign up to use their phone as a mobile hotspot.
  • Included features: All Straight Talk plans come with call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting. These features are free and available on most devices.
  • Blog: Consumers interested in learning more about prepaid and no-contract cell phones can visit the Straight Talk Blog. They can also follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
  • Best for Straight Talk is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Compare Prepaid Phones