Miami, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.06/5
Based on 1,062 ratings submitted in the last year

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Having had Straight Talk for a few years, I am questioning their billing. We have two cell phones, each with different "refill" dates. This past month, we were billed twice for one of the cell phones. I understand that some months have different number of days. Customer Service hung up on me once and got irate with me on three other attempts to straighten out the confusion. I will determine whether to report them to the Federal Trade Commission after I receive the next statement. They have gone rogue in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Very bad. Worst ever customer service. Can barely understand people. Always transferring you. Use to be able to use my hotspot anytime with unlimited data now before I even get to 65k gb it shuts off. I can't even use my hotspot anymore! I will never recommend them to any one. I wouldn't even give them one star if possible. I paid for unlimited data an for my hotspot with their $90 unlimited card for 2 phones and I can't use my hotspot. They told me I needed to get the $55 unlimited card. But never had to before. I'm changing my phone company an will never use Straight Talk again. Not worth the money or aggravation!

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Straight Talk is good until you need to speak to a customer service representative. I was transferred twice, requested a supervisor, because no one could help me. I was on hold for over 30 minutes. I hung up and called back. I went through the same process of being transferred. When I spoke to the supervisor he was unable to help and said he would have to transfer me again. I was on the phone for over 4 hours trying to get my issue resolved. The only solution that any representative that I spoke had was to transfer me, even the supervisor. When I said I didn’t want to be transferred again the supervisor hung up on me. I ended my service with Straight Talk the next day.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Poor poor poor customer service!! Using my phone, to set up a friends phone, I got my phone turned off 18 days before it was even due plus lost the 55 dollar card to be put on my friends phone. After HOURS of being on the phone from rep to rep n being hung up on n calling back never got fixed!! What a horrible scam!! Wow Straight Talk AWFUL!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Worst customer service ever. The first rep. hung up on me. 2nd rep transferred my call, 3rd rep said she would call me on another line, phone rang twice. The rep hung up, rep called back. Rang twice. She hung up. My mobile hotspot will NOT CONNECT to any device in my house but the rep stated my 10 gigs have been used and I don't have any left, how can you use 10 gigs when your hotspot won't connect?? Wasted my time, wasted my money... Going elsewhere... Don't waste your time or money..

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I switched from Verizon pre pay unlimited plan to Straight Talk unlimited plan to save a few dollars. Keep in mind that Straight Talk does not tell you that you are limited to 10 gb of data for mobile hotspot streaming, while Verizon is truly unlimited hotspot streaming for not much more money. I used to tell people to go to Straight Talk but I will definitely not recommend it again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Read every other review. This company is a SCAM and a RIP OFF! I DO NOT, and WILL NOT EVER recommend this company! No matter who you talk to or what department you get the run around! I even had the Rep I purchased my phone from call them and he got the run around. I had been with them almost a year and I broke several of the cheap phones. It seems the with each new phone you purchase you start you 1 year over, even when you purchase your own phone and they activate it, they start you over... That is not what they tell you. The last time they told me I had 3 months.. after the 3 months they told me I had 7 months! All Lies! Even with my own phone! They also claim to note the account to help you and somehow the "NOTES" disappear and they have no record of you calling.. MAJOR RIP OFF!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I leased a Straight Talk phone off the straight talk website but through their lease partner Smartpay because I trusted straight talk. I have been a straight talk customer for several years and even recommended them to friends and family. Unfortunately I am now a very unsatisfied customer and will be leaving straight talk very soon. Their leasing partner is a scam and will have you locked into an agreement costing you more than triple for a phone with no way out. Their advertising is false. Completely false. I'm currently dealing with the BBB to make the public aware of this scam and very disappointed in straight talk for allowing this company to do this to their customers. Even though they are a separate company, straight talk has them on their own website to lease a phone to their customers. Shame on you straight talk.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Basically a burner phone system for drug dealers. You can change your number as often as you want... Can't imagine any other purpose in having a Straight Talk account than to try to avoid law enforcement monitoring. Only for poor people with no transportation. They limit your data once you are outside the zip code in which you bought it. Customer service is completely useless. I hope next time someone flies an aircraft into a building, it's the Straight Talk headquarters.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I've been a Straight Talk customer for years and it's ridiculous of how things are. I got my data cut back on the ultimate unlimited with 10gig hotspot, because you guys failed to inform your customers which are the people that keep you guys in business that the hotspot is only for T-mobile and Verizon users. So everyone pay the ultimate price but only those that have tmobile and Verizon gets the benefits? This is beyond unfair and neither to this day have it been put on your website regarding this.

It's beyond false advertising, and something must be done to protect customers from this outrageous decision and the failure to inform All customers of who can and can't you your hotspot service. I've spoken with numerous reps and not one could explain this to me. They sit on the phone flabbergasted. Love your service, but be fair to all or none. By the way, I had to connect to my Straight Talk hotspot just to post this, because my service is cut back.

Not sure about Straight Talk Wireless?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Prepaid Phones for you.

Straight Talk Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Straight Talk is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. The company has offered no-contract wireless phones since 2009. They currently have several unlimited plan options.

• Plan options: Straight Talk offers several plans from which customers can choose. The company offers several monthly plans with varying amounts of data as well as a six-month and a one-year plan. Parents might wish to purchase the longer term plans for teens or college students.

• Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative 24/7. Customers can receive help by phone or basic answers by texting HELP to 611611.

• Other services: In addition to cell phone service, Straight Talk offers wireless plans for tablets and home phone service. Consumers can also sign up to use their phone as a mobile hotspot.

• Included features: All Straight Talk plans come with call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting. These features are free and available on most devices.

• Blog: Consumers interested in learning more about prepaid and no-contract cell phones can visit the Straight Talk Blog. They can also follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

• Best for: Straight Talk is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team