Straight Talk Wireless Visit Website

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.92/5
Based on 1,113 ratings submitted in the last year

Straight Talk Wireless Visit Website

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have used this company for my phone needs for years now. It has worked for my needs by being reasonably priced and useful when I need it. The one complaint is that they do throttle data near the end of the month. It would also be helpful if the calls didn't drop in my house when I try to talk. This phone is an Android based device so I wonder if that also has something to do with the spottiness of calls. I would recommend this to anyone that does not want to be shackled by contracts. The main drawback for some is you have to buy your phone up front.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

So, I am a Walmart shopper. I started to use a prepaid after I just couldn't seem to keep up with a traditional phone service. Staying on a shoe string budget is vital when you live on social security. Getting my money orders, groceries and Straight Talk phone cards all in one place is fantastic for me. This company is practical. I get everything I need for the month. I don't need all the bells and whistles but you can. You can also pay online without having a contract. You have the option of choosing exactly what plan or service you want.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

My family has been customers of Straight Talk for over 10 years. They have amazing customer service, always willing to help. I have a $35.00 a month plan and my sons have their $45.00 a month plans. For $35.00 I get 3gb of 4G LTE speed for 30 days and for $45.00 a month, my boys get 25gb of 4G LITE for 30 days. After that our speeds drop to 2G. I have never gone over my 3gb and the boys seem to have plenty while playing video games and playing YouTube videos, etc... wherever we go.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I have the unlimited plan $45 month with 25 GB of data. Because I have it on autopay I only actually pay $44.49 month saving me hundreds of dollars over other brands. With Straight Talk you must either "Bring your own Phone" or buy one upfront. I think now they do over payment plans for purchasing phones but I usually just buy one then sign up. I've been using straight talk ever since I dropped Sprint when I got my first cell phone thru Avon. It didn't have good coverage like Straight talk did in my rural area & whenever I traveled it seemed my phone was the only one with service so that's a bonus. Best coverage, good rates just not happy with customer service. You never speak to anyone in USA & they don't speak/understand English as well as they should. There's no other company I'd use right now due to coverage & cost that Straight talk wouldn't be superior. Love my Straight talk plan (I have the new Samsung Galaxy S10+).

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Update on 11/7/2019: Today 7 November 2019, changed phone service from sprint back to Straight Talk. On the landline for 1½ hours with Ivy. She had the patience of...she just had the patience to put up with me. We did have a good time. I tried to change service by myself and that did not work. So I called customer service and was put through to Ivy. For the next 1½ hours she worked with me to get the service changed to Straight Talk. She worked with the Sprint SIM card and got me all set up and I kept my same phone. I believe using with SIM card did have to reboot the phone and start all over. Understand, because I don't live on the phone. I can reload all my data and phone numbers and I'm okay with that and I'm still using the Sprint SIM card, so I'm returning the "Keep your own phone, SIM activation kit" to Walmart...never had to open. Paid up online, good to go.

Sometimes customer service is really amazing. So if you are going to change service to Straight Talk and talk to a live person, in customer service, be very patient, understanding and nice and ask to have them say something over, they will and be nice about it. Please understand I know to be patient and understand getting something done can take time, but the end result is what counts and I'M BACK TO STRAIGHT TALK. So have a nice day.

Original Review: I have been reading reviews of Sprint and Cricket and Straight Talk. I agree with everybody about your services, good or bad. But I will say had Straight Talk from March 2015 and for me the service was great. Just saying. Service, phone no problem. Never had a drop call. Signal was always strong. Phone worked in my basement. Changed phones 2 times, fast and easy and kept my number. Okay called one time and that was when I was making my first phone change. I don't what to say, but the customer service was cooperative, friendly and fixed my screw up trying to change phone. You don't have to believe a word I'm saying, but I'm sitting at my computer and really can't bad mouth Straight Talk for anything. So if you try Straight Talk, may the force be with you.

Because my wife pays for my phone service, I don't question her judgment. Now the bad news, she switch us to, wait for it, Sprint. Sprint no signal, very poor signal, hard to understand people if the call gets through. No or low bars. Put on the wrong plan and did not figure that out until later. Wife and I agree now, Sprint is, bad for us, may be great for other people. My wife wants to try Cricket, I'm going to see if I can get her to go back to Straight Talk. Oh well, have a nice day and I hope everybody finds the best and right phone service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: April 2, 2020

We purchased new phones several months ago, these being 3 of 4 we have purchased with Straight Talk. In addition to the phone, Straight Talk provides a certain number of points for said purchae, which can be used for paying your monthly bill etc. Well, straight talk added the points and said they would be available for use in 2 months. We went back after two months to apply this to our account (equivalent to approximately 125.00) and the points had disappeared. Upon calling straight talk and inquiring why, the simply hung up on us....5 times. One corporate CS rep said ease give it 48 hours. We did....no points. We called back. They hung up 3 times. Called corporate. They gave as the same run around as the first time. Simply put, average phones, average service, zero customer service. Try Cricket or anyone by these thieves.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was told that my phone wouldn't not be disconnect and they did it. Because of this virus a lot of people is out of work and we have no way to pay our bills. I feel like Straight Talk is heartless. They only worried about money when we the customers don't have.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Worst customer service I have ever come across!!! Made a payment to extend service and somehow it got credited to the wrong account. Not mine. It took 6 reps just to find that out and that took 3 telephone calls. Then after finding that out was suppose to be transfered to the refund department so they can transfer the service to whomever the credit went to to my phone and get hung up on. Call back rep transfer and the same thing happens again. Call back again and the same thing. Absolute BS. To add to it they are offshore phone reps. Asking for a supervisor doesn't help as they did I the same thing. Ask for a US rep - they say they can't do that. Stay away far far away from this Mickey Mouse company!!!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I have been with ST since march of 2017. Yes they are rather affordable for most of us. Customer service is horrible online and mobile. They cannot communicate properly with you or to their coworkers properly making it so they cannot fix the situation at hand. Numerous issues, with total free wireless as well and net 10. 1 issue requiring a ticket taking over 24 hrs to fix trying to set up my mothers phone w her current number. They did it wrong 2 times and could not understand what I wanted done.

Everytime I had to call back it would start all over. I had to stay on the phone with a cust rep while she was at home with her child screaming in the background. Just a minute...just a minute... over 1 hour on the phone with her. My phone calls drop, I have no service where I reside, data shows N/A. Then with this covi19 virus they pledge to keep americans connected being Tracfone and they DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for their customers.

They shut my phone off 03/20/2020. I have been without for 5 days now. It has been a stressing hassle trying to find resources for a phone. Safelink...forget it lifeline...it will not work and they are just as horrible. ST updates their website to ship you off to safelink but only if you qualify with the requirements will you possibly get 350 talk minutes, 3gb data, but then you either have to get a new phone, or sim. Pick a company, wait for shipment, or go in store for them to have no idea how to help you. I am without work right now, and I have 1 yr old. They lie, deceive and are in so many ways greedy and selfish. Half their replies are automated and the same to every customer. I'm sick of it, why pledge to something you dishonor fully. You're a joke.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Where I live the governor put in effect a stay in shelter order due to the coronavirus crisis. I ran out of minutes today so I could not call Straight Talk customer service but I could communicate via internet. I started a chat with a straight talk customer service agent to see if they could extend my minutes until Friday when I get my paycheck. The customer service texted me back in chat saying that in order for me to get assistance with my issue...that I needed to CALL and speak with him directly....now if I'm telling you that my phone has no minutes but I have to call you in order to get assistance!! Hey there is a 5pm curfew...how am I supposed to get access to a working phone!!! How awful!! They are full of crap and only care about money....

Straight Talk Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Straight Talk is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. The company has offered no-contract wireless phones since 2009. They currently have several unlimited plan options.

• Plan options: Straight Talk offers several plans from which customers can choose. The company offers several monthly plans with varying amounts of data as well as a six-month and a one-year plan. Parents might wish to purchase the longer term plans for teens or college students.

• Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative 24/7. Customers can receive help by phone or basic answers by texting HELP to 611611.

• Other services: In addition to cell phone service, Straight Talk offers wireless plans for tablets and home phone service. Consumers can also sign up to use their phone as a mobile hotspot.

• Included features: All Straight Talk plans come with call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting. These features are free and available on most devices.

• Blog: Consumers interested in learning more about prepaid and no-contract cell phones can visit the Straight Talk Blog. They can also follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

• Best for: Straight Talk is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information

www.straighttalk.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.