3.25/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Miami, FL

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

2197 Straight Talk Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've had this service for my mother for about 5 years and the price is great! I just got my landline a little bit ago and the price is great. No complaint yet. I am worried about their cell phone service. I would not pay that price for cell phone coverage. Anyway good landline service. You're kind screw if electricity goes out though.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Straight Talk served my purpose at the time. I always used it when I traveled. Clarity was fine. There was time when it was hard to hear. The help lines were foreign which was hard to understand. When I paid I set up automatic payments so I would not forget.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I've had Straight Talk for over 4 years now. I enjoy my service. I get good reception and service. I get the 55 dollar plan and I use a lot of data since I live in the country and don't have access to WIFI. The only problem is I need a new phone BAD and I can't get the smart pay plan to work. It says there was a problem loading or we can't process you at this time. I believe I have good standing with Straight Talk. I'm in the auto refill plan so I’m not late paying. I just don't get what the problem is?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have had Straight Talk for two years now, and I have NEVER had an issue! They ship phones overnight, have great service areas, and are no different than the more expensive carriers. I had Sprint and AT&T in the past. This is as good!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

So, I tried to order a phone through SmartPay and Straight Talk. SmartPay charged me way more than they said they would and so right away I called and cancelled. I was told my order was going to be cancelled, but then it wasn't and I got a notification that the phone and service was shipping. I called back very angry but got no help and was told that because the agent said the order was "going to be" cancelled and not that it "was" cancelled, that I didn't have a leg to stand on. So, I returned the phone and service plan. I was told I'd receive a refund for the lease from SmartPay and the service from Straight Talk.

I spoke with someone via Straight Talk's website and was told I'd receive the refund for the service within 30 days. Although I was pissed it would take so long, I waited. And waited. I contacted them again and was given the runaround trying to contact the refunds department. Then I was told that I would not be receiving a refund for the service even though I didn't use it and was told from both SmartPay and Straight Talk that I'd be receiving a refund. Their customer service is horrible and was no help at all in resolving this issue. Now I am out $50. I would've kept the damn card had I known I wouldn't receive a refund, but I was told that I would be...by several different people. I am cancelling my service and will never use these companies again. They both have TERRIBLE and foreign customer service. I was lied to and then treated like crap by both companies. This is after being a customer of Straight Talk for several years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My phone is hacked and they say they can't help with that. It's the worst internet speeds you can imagine most of the time. Even when you pay for high speed it's still slow most of the time. Like when watching a YouTube video a single song might stop 20 times or more.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I have been having problems with Straight Talk. They keep messaging me and telling to thanks for contacting Straight Talk and I haven't even contacted them since our last problem I had with them about my phone. So here is my problem with the Straight Talk company. When it sends them these thanks for contacting Straight Talk my phone service is gone. I can't make a call or anything. I have been dealing with this a few times now and after I called and complained about it it was fine for a while now. Tonight I get an email that says, "Thank you for contacting Straight Talk. Please turn your phone off and back on again and make a call. If you can't make a call please repeat the steps." Well I did what it asked and I still have no phone service. Mind you I car on a phone call when my drives was cut off and my service plan isn't up yet. I hope no one else is having this problem like I am. It is very irritating.

I feel with all the problems that they have caused me and my job cause I use my phone for work they are messing with my work life. I can't make phone calls or receive any if I'm needed on a job site. This is very upsetting that us customers. If my service isn't working by morning they will be getting a call and it won't be a nice one this time. I'm thinking of changing companies. I don't want to cause I have been with Straight Talk for a long time but I can't keep going like this with them interrupting my service for no reason when the plan isn't up yet or sending me a email like they did. I didn't contact you. My service best be fixed by morning or you won't like what's coming on the other side of the phone????

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have been a Straight Talk user for years and am absolutely disgusted with their customer service. They are falsely advertising using the same towers as AT&T and Verizon. I traveled to Puerto Rico and am roaming. Can’t use my phone for work! I called customer service to be put on hold and transferred over and over. My phone does not work and I cannot be reimbursed! They said I cannot use the phone outside of the zip code the phone was activated in; what a joke!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Paid for months' service. Did not work. No refund. No service. Called customer service, received no service stating it was 'technical issue" BS and they kept my $35 as phone never worked. Buyer BEWARE! I have an unlocked iPhone 5 that has been used multiple times on Straight Talk network for when guest come to visit from abroad - I provide this smartphone for them. It is activated when guest are here. They screwed me this time, so no more!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

They have terrible customer service and even though I press “1” for English it’s still very hard to understand them. I was on the phone with them for 6 hours because my phone said “no service”. They still never resolved the problem and I got disconnected and recordings several times. I would NOT recommend them!!!

Straight Talk Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Straight Talk is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. The company has offered no-contract wireless phones since 2009. They currently have several unlimited plan options.

• Plan options: Straight Talk offers several plans from which customers can choose. The company offers several monthly plans with varying amounts of data as well as a six-month and a one-year plan. Parents might wish to purchase the longer term plans for teens or college students.

• Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative 24/7. Customers can receive help by phone or basic answers by texting HELP to 611611.

• Other services: In addition to cell phone service, Straight Talk offers wireless plans for tablets and home phone service. Consumers can also sign up to use their phone as a mobile hotspot.

• Included features: All Straight Talk plans come with call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting. These features are free and available on most devices.

• Blog: Consumers interested in learning more about prepaid and no-contract cell phones can visit the Straight Talk Blog. They can also follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

• Best for: Straight Talk is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs