1.27/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Miami, FL

2120 Straight Talk Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

Call the 611 for them to not understand English nor speak it after going over and over and them not understanding. I can't take anymore and ask to speak to supervisor. She says supervisor Ok but just continues to just sit on phone. After numerous attempts she says please hold. And then she comes an disgusting her voice and says she is the supervisor. Ok said, "No you're the one I have been dealing with." She then admits that she's not the supervisor and yes it's the same person I've dealt with. Straight Talk IS DISGUSTING AND TRULY YOU DONT SAVE MONEY. YOU LOST IT! AWFUL SERVICE, AWFUL RESOLVING AND CAN'T GET IT FIXED.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Do not give them your credit card number! You cannot remove it from them and they will keep charging you long after you cancelled their service and “ported out” your number, LONG AFTER YOU TOLD THEM TO STOP. Then they tell you to call your credit card company and remove the charges and they will not dispute it. But they do dispute the charges, in writing AND they will lie about it, in writing. So depending on your level of service you may end up overpaying them a few hundred dollars without any service from them. I had to cancel my credit card to stop them from charging.

After spending some five hours of my time filing paperwork with the credit card company and the highway robbers known as Straight Talk, I am fed up and I think there is no room in a civilized world for such a company, in a very competitive field. My stolen money still has not been returned to me. Yes, I will not consult an attorney, I already own a legal department and I am fully aware of all my legal venues. Rating should be an absolute zero.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Really upset that I had to put a star rating because they deserve none. Straight Talk is supposed to be a no contract TracFone service. Well come to find out it’s really not. Although you pay full retail price for a phone you don’t actually own the phone. Straight Talk requires you to stay with their services for 12 months (consecutive). That’s right pay a bill for a 1-year before they will unlock your phone you paid for. Sounds a lot like a contract doesn’t it? Right! Then Customer service agents are extremely rude and disrespectful. They can’t help you and transfer you multiple times before you speak with someone that tells you they are sending you an email with instructions on how to fix it. So again, no help. If you’re looking for a true no contract don’t buy a phone with them and get it turned on.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I wish there was a zero rating. Firstly their inability to cancel orders PRIOR to shipping is horrible. Far easier than how they demand you receive then refuse Fedex. I did just this when their website said "order not able to process" so unfortunately I tried again to same error message. Luckily I checked bank as I have become so used to customer service failures, so proved right yet again...sadly. There it was exact order twice! Out $200.00 and after 20 min told refund in 30 days! Why does it take 2 seconds to grab our funds, a month to return it? I wish I had read reviews prior and unbelievable after so many same complaints, nothing is done to rectify! Clearly their service and system is utterly inefficient. Please do something and hire qualified staff. Where is the CEO in all of this? Does he/she know or care?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a service plan and it was suppose to be added to the end of my service date and Straight Talk added it nine days too early. When I called I was told the automated machine paid it and they could not help me. So they stole nine days service from me and will not fix it. They told me They were sorry an automated machine did it and they could not fix it, sorry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: April 8, 2019

The Straight Talk website sent us a duplicate order for a phone. A phone rep told us the extra phone could not returned. After 40 more minutes on the phone, someone said he'd help, but then he disconnected me without confirming they'd accept the return or reimburse me for the phone.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Just bought a phone 6 days ago for my son who received a message today that off his data has been used. In the settings it shows he actually used .98gb of data. Called the company to see what happened. The man just kept saying that all the data was used, would say hold on while he checked it out and then came back to say the same thing. Given that it was a new phone wouldn't even compensate for anything, just kept saying to add a new plan. Spoke to a manager who kept saying the same thing. I even asked where they were because of the accent and acting like they didn't even understand simple mathematics, was told they were in some place in Columbia.

They even went as far as to say they couldn't compensate for anything and they couldn't transfer me to someone with authority to help at all. All they wanted was for me to buy another plan. Called back later and this time I spoke to an American who actually did work with me to come to a resolve. First two have no business even being in customer service because they have no clue what customer service is.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I bought a phone from Straight Talk website and make Smart Pay payments. My Galaxy S9 is defective so I called Straight Talk and the said it wasn't their phone but a Smart talk phone. I had to send the phone back but they don't give you a loaner phone in place of the bad phone. I was told that they are a leasing company and they don't do that (Well on my lease car if I have problems with it I take it back to the place where I purchased it and get a loaner during the repair). No matter how many times you call you will receive a different answer every time. They do not care about their customers because now I don't have a phone. When I got my new phone I took the AT&T carrier because I had Verizon on my old phone well they said AT&T won't work with a Verizon phone, they said I need to go buy a new sim card to get it to work. They have poor customer relation and service!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Okay, so I've been with Straight talk for maybe a year or so. My mom bought it from Walmart. We kept up with payments and this past month, we paid a month advance so we were good right? Nope! Twice this past week, my phone's data was gone! No calls, no texts, no internet. I even got a text message from a 900 number and assumed it was from out of the country! We called customer service and they said someone tried to use/steal my phone number. It was taken care of that day, I got my data back and life went on good until a few days ago. In the middle of the day I suddenly have the same problem, but no 900 number issue. We called again, waited too long it felt like.

Straight Talk said that my phone number was on the Blacklist and I reported it Stolen and I couldn't use it for 72 hours. My mom was SO MAD! I never reported it. I am a high school senior with part time job and college bound. So we went 3 days without service, called again and they said they couldn't do anything until my data date comes. I paid ahead just to be cheated out and no use my phone. I will never come back to use Straight Talk. They have never wronged me before but I believe this is God's sign saying I deserve a better company than a WalMart phone.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have had my new phone only 3 weeks, I bought it from Wal-mart and all of the sudden it won't charge. I paid $100 for it. I have tried several different charges and have still only got it to the highest of 11% and then as soon as I make a phone call or look up something, it is dead again. For a brand new phone that I paid $100, I would expect even a cheap phone to last longer. I'm going to bring it to the technician at Wal-mart and see if they can figure out a solution but since I've already tried it on chargers of other people's this looks bad - especially when I got this phone specifically so I would have a new phone for my business which is having its Grand Opening in ONE WEEK, ARG!

Original review: March 26, 2019

I love the unlimited talk, text and 10 gigs of data that I get from Straight Talk for a flat fee. I get reception almost everywhere I go. However, I HATE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE! I absolutely dread calling them. I speak to so many companies each week for work and I can tell you that most if not all large companies have mediocre customer service agents. Every once in a while you’ll get lucky with a large company and speak to a highly qualified agent that is way underpaid.

Customer retention is the only reason many of these companies still exist. But with Straight Talk you will consistently get the most ill equipped agents you’ll likely ever encounter. It’s 3rd grade level logic and the shortest attention span I’ve ever had the agonizing pleasure of dealing with. Corporate if you’re reading this, please find out who trains Chick-fil-A’s team members and pay them double to train your entry level agents. Your business will likely double since you’re so much less than the big 4 carriers.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I haven't proven this yet, but I'm almost positive that Straight Talk and all the other cheap cell phone services are actually using a VOIP connection which is phone service over the internet and not via cell phone lines. The sound is terrible and it's exactly like the VOIP service. I think these companies are not disclosing it. The only major lines are owned by the big companies, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. And by "lines" I'm referring to satellite/air lines. I think these companies are scamming everyone by using technicalities to get around what they are actually providing. I have been with Straight Talk for many years and just recently the service has gotten much worse, most likely due to the amount of users accessing their internet phone servers. This needs to be uncovered and exposed to the media and they need to disclose what they are actually selling.

If you want a clear signal you have to go with actual cell service-and that is provided by the major companies. In order to keep appearances away from Verizon, AT&T and Sprint from appearing to have a monopoly they probably help in keeping the cheap company’s true nature hidden-that way it looks like people have a choice. People paying for any of the cheap cell services are actually talking over the internet. I'm moving to Verizon as of today. I'm not paying one cent to to talk over the internet via an expensive mobile phone. They will be exposed sooner or later. Hopefully people will read my post and spread the word...don't pay money to them, maybe they will go out of business.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I went online to purchase extra data for my son's phone for $10, it denied my card even though I knew there was plenty of money to cover well over $10. I thought it must be his plan so I went and purchased a plan not realizing the plan I purchased only had 1 gb of data for $35. The following day both charges went through my account. The next plan up for $45 has 25 gb of data, I called to change the plan within a day of the $35 and the $10 charge it showed as denied both went through my account! They refused to change it so I paid $45 for 3 gb of data instead of the $45 plan with 25 gb of data! I will dispute with my bank and go get my son a different phone because Straight Talk obviously does not care about customer service. The supposed supervisor I talked to was Sheila and when I asked for her ID number she hung up on me.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Recently, I purchased a new phone through the Straight Talk website. They sent a wrong phone other than what I ordered and it was not usable with the towers where I live. They refused to send a return label, after I was told by one of the MANY reps I talked to that one would be emailed to me. So, after hours on the phone and multiple chats with them, I have to pay to ship a useless phone back to them that they sent out in error. They refused to make good/correct their mistake. I will be looking for a new carrier when my time expires this month and I will be looking into reporting them to the BBB.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The whole experience was horrible. Spent over 6+hours on the phone being transferred back and forth to each department. Wasted $40 on data I can't use because the device will not let internet connect. The customer service reps was rude. They want me to pay to send the device back into the company. Asked several times where I bought the device that it was probably misused before I got it. Funny thing I bought it brand new off of the Straight Talk website. I'll never buy another device of any kind through Straight Talk and I am switching all 3 phone services I have to another company as well as the mobile hotspot.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I needed to activate a new iPhone and when I finally got thru they kept putting me on hold. It really shouldn't take more than 5 min for the whole process. I waited about 45 min before they disconnected the call. Worst customer service???

Original review: March 11, 2019

I had been a customer of Straight Talk for years. Today they totally failed me. Their customer service is horrible. I am out 300 dollars for a phone that Wal-Mart sold as a Straight Talk device. I cancelled my service on the day of monthly renewal and they charged me anyhow. They will not reimburse me. That is what you get for cheap phone service. Use it if you want, but the moment that you have a problem or transfer a phone, the trouble will start. You will not get an English speaking representative, and both of you will not understand each other.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I been a customer for years. I had a iPhone and I transferred over to a android phone. Well now the nightmare begins. Anyone who has a iPhone that I text I don't get their messages, my messages keep going back to my old iPhone that's turned off. I must of spoke to higher-ups each time and they got dumber with every person I spoke to. They said I need to tell people with iPhones to not send I text messages. My reply was, "How do I know who has iPhones." I keep having to repeat myself over and over, I asked if I could get a new phone since I had the phone for 2 weeks and had nothing but problems with the phone and they won't let me return phone for a replacement. Worst they don't understand English.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've had this service for my mother for about 5 years and the price is great! I just got my landline a little bit ago and the price is great. No complaint yet. I am worried about their cell phone service. I would not pay that price for cell phone coverage. Anyway good landline service. You're kind screw if electricity goes out though.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Talked with representatives and supervisors about the poorest coverage I ever had from a cell phone carrier. The only solution given was to change my zip code in the area which it used most. I explained what a problem this would be. They told me that there was no other option. I paid for the phone and selected a $35.00 plan. I have had them less than a month. I asked them if they would unlock the phone so that I can use another carrier that offers better coverage. They say not for a year. They advertise as a "no contract" cell carrier. If this is true then why am I in jail for a year with a carrier that cannot provide service with a good signal. Why do I have to pay for something that only works in some places?

Original review: March 7, 2019

I started using Straight Talk back in May since it was one of the cheaper options with Verizon. I never had too much of an issue with it until recently, the only big downside I noticed compared to Verizon was that data was a lot slower. About a month ago I lost my phone so I bought another one, and when I bought the other phone the data was not working with it so I was told to buy another SIM card for it, which I did. I went to Walmart & spent $50-$60 on a SIM card kit & a renewal code. Now, I called customer service about 4-5 times to get it set up since about half of them knew English... one of the calls I supposedly spoke to a "supervisor" who kept asking me over & over again "Do you have data?" when I kept telling him "My data is not working," and he put me on hold then hung up.

When I finally got a hold of someone they told me I needed to buy another SIM card kit... I JUST BOUGHT ONE! They told me that the SIM card was registered under another device which wasn't possible considering I had just bought it. I asked them to send me a SIM card & they said I would have to go to Walmart & buy another kit, or spend $2 on a SIM card over the phone. Keep in mind, I've had a lot of fraud from over the phone, so I prefer not to give my card number through it. I asked the lady why they couldn't send me a less than $2 SIM card for free when I pay them almost $60 every month. They screwed up somewhere in their system with the SIM cards & because of that, they're telling me to pay more money.

I told them I wasn't paying them any more money considering that I had bought a SIM card that didn't work which was on their fault. At this point I was getting frustrated & straight up told the lady "I'm not buying anything from you" & hung up. The same lady (said her name was Jessa or something, claimed she was a manager) calls me back trying to sell me the damn SIM card I told her I didn't want to purchase...

At this point I'm fuming & have already made the decision to switch carriers. The next day I go to the Verizon store to switch with them & it took 2 HOURS to switch over. Why? Because Straight Talk was somehow holding my phone number and would not give me my account number. This poor guy was making phone calls back & forth for me making sure I get to keep my phone number (since I've had it for about 10 yrs now). He spoke to about 3-4 reps before we were able to figure out how to transfer my phone number over. It was a NIGHTMARE!

Overall, NEVER USE STRAIGHT TALK! It's $55 a month for unlimited everything... I'd rather pay an extra $15 a month with Verizon so I can have good customer service & faster data. I've never experienced such bad customer service before. I'm not sure who trains these people or how this company is organized but they have no idea what they're doing.

Original review: March 2, 2019

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. Run from this company. They do not honor their warranties on their phones. I bought a Samsung phone from them. It does not work. They would not replace it or give me all my money back. I repeat please run from this company.

Original review: March 2, 2019

They false advertise they're truly unlimited. When you hit a certain amount they shut your service off. Also if you spend more on a phone that comes with a hot spot you're not allowed to use it. You can use it but again they will shut you off for using it so why sell it. Much better companies out there.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

First, let me say that I have been in retail biz most of my working career and sometimes you have to step out of the box to take care of your customer to keep them as your customer. What I have experienced with Straight Talk is horrible. What has transpired is within 1/3/2019 to now 2/27/2019. Straight Talk Mess: To start with, my Mother is 80 years old and is basically homebound. She has some health issues too. Because of this we want to make sure that she can call 911 if needed and be able to call her family and that we can call her.

My Mother’s house burned down last year. Unfortunately she lost her phone. So, we decided to set up an account with Straight Talk to get her a phone. I purchased a phone and sent it to her in November. By the in of December her phone did not work anymore. Now I live in GA. and she lives in FL. So I called ST and tried to find out what might be going on. They said that I didn’t pay the bill which is wrong because it’s set up on autopay. So, a friend went over to Mom’s place and let her use their phone to call and diagnose what might be happening. After two hours on the phone ST said that it was a bad SIM card and that they would ship her one and she would get it in 3-5 days. This is a standard script for them. Everything is 3-5 days.

Well after two weeks and nothing delivered, I called and found out that they shipped it to the wrong address. I talked to six different people “foreigners” to correct the address. They said they would ship another to her, 3-5 days. After 10 days I found out that they sent it to the wrong address again. So they shipped another and she finally got it. After putting in the card, it still did not work so they said that it was a defective phone. I talked to Juan at ST and he said that because of the situation, he would have a new replacement phone sent to her and when she got it, she was to put the defective phone back in the box and put the return label on and send it back. Then she could reactivate the new phone. Of course he said that she will get it in 3-5 days.

After a week I called ST again to find out what was going on. They said that they sent it and that it was delivered. I go in touch with Mom again and she went to check and there was a FedEx box on the front porch. After opening it, they found that it was an empty box. So she put the bad phone in, put the label on and sent it back. Now after about a week, I called ST again to find out what the process was going to be. They said that they had not received it yet. Put me on hold and checked again. Got back on the phone with me and said that they actually had received it and that Mom would get her replacement in 3-5 days.

OK, after a week I called ST again and they said that they never got the bad phone so they did not ship the new one. They put me on hold to check again because I repeated what I was told that they did get it. They came back and told me that there was a misunderstanding and no update on the case number, but they did get it and she would get the new phone in 3-5 days. After a week with no phone delivered, I called ST again and went through the exact same thing again. I was told that they would ship it out and that she would again get it in 3-5 days. At this time I wanted them to ship it to me and that I would personally take it down to her to ensure all was good. So they now said that they would ship it to me and that I would get it within 3-5 days.

After a little more than a week, I got a package. After opening it up and finding that it was empty. It was a box to ship back the defective phone. I called ST again only to find that they said that I needed to ship the defective phone back to them first, then when they get it they would ship the new phone and should get it in 3-5 days. OMG! So I told them that they already had the phone. So they checked again and found that they had it and apologized for the inconvenience. They then said AGAIN that they would ship it out and I should get it in 3-5 days.

Well here we are over a week later and I called them today to find out what is going on. They are now telling me that they could not ship it because they don’t have any and that it’s on backorder. So, I asked them to just credit me back for the phone and the service month of Jan. that we paid for but could not use because we had no phone. They are now telling me that this is not possible. How can a multi-million dollar company not be able to issue a CC credit to take care of a customer that they have screwed. After almost two months, as of today I still have no replacement phone.

Here is a little more info. Any time I called them, I got someone in a foreign country. Their corporate office is in Miami, FL. So I asked for a phone number of corporate to actually speak to someone that spoke good English and could help me. The number I got takes you out to another country too. I found out that you can not speak to anyone in Miami corporate office and that anyone you call does not have any power to help. As I write this, I’m waiting for another supervisor to call me back to try again to get a refund. I would never recommend anyone use Straight Talk. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. As of today 2/27/19 I have not heard back to settle this situation.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My husband and I have been with Straight Talk for a very long time as well as adding our kids. We have had a lot of problems over the years, but now they're charging us an extra $7.21 PER LINE. Here is the reasoning: "A fee, charge or surcharge to fund state and/or local E911 related programs imposed by law on prepaid wireless users or assessed by us to recover the cost of complying." "This amount is to help recover our contribution requirement to federal universal service." "This amount is to help recover our costs related to complying with government regulations and programs."

These are all costs that WE are paying into that Straight Talk is responsible for. Notice the wording 'us and our'? This is not our responsible to be paying, it's Straight Talk for not complying with laws in the first place and getting in trouble. So now the users are being held responsible for paying their fines. They are now more expensive than Charter, Verizon & AT&T. Why in the world would anyone pay extra for the crap customer service they provide? Switch, it's the best thing I've done. If you're looking for something cheaper give Republic Wireless or Mint Mobile a try. They have caps on data, but that's what you deal with when looking for a cheaper plan. Don't forget, even the big name companies are now cheaper than ST and they do offer unlimited data packages. THESE ARE NOT YOUR FEES AND FINES TO BE PAYING.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Bought a new phone - then when the billing began the phone cost doubled. I don't want to go over this story yet again and again (I have emailed them and BBB and Attorney General and several reviews) but basically when I purchase the phone I was given conflicting info on the phone and website -so I chose to do a live chat throughout before actually purchasing - confirmed price and payments etc. I saved the transcripts and have everything in writing - what I was buying and what I was paying for- the Straight talk employees on both the live chat and phone call both guaranteed the price and confirmed everything was good. ALL lies. I cannot send back the phone because there is an early payout fee and or a return fee- I have been robbed. Also another HUGE problem is ever since buying the new phone I now receive about 10-15 phone soliciting calls a day - ironic or did they sell my contact information to these solicitors.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My son went from an iPhone 5 to a 6s from Wal-Mart. I always add minutes through the app. The new phone was on 2 weeks before they cut it off. After 3 days I actually spoke with someone who resolved my issue and they cut it off AGAIN the next day. They proceeded to tell me I have to buy another refill card or show receipt of the last refill card. Once again I purchased through the app. Last rep used order id and my bank card number. Why Do I have to send a receipt of something you already have. They tried to talk to me like I was slow. One guy hung up on me when I told him I'm a call center rep myself and far from stupid. Now I have to spend more money so my Diabetic son can have his phone for emergencies. Looking for a new service provider. Sad... I have 3 phones through this service.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

This company has been charging me for an extra phone for a whole year, I contacted them last year to inform them and they had told me that they will fix it. Come to find out that they've taken an extra $160 out of my account over the last 4 months at least. They refuse to fix to it, they did say they cancelled the charges this time (again) however they refuse to refund any of the money they have been taking. They told me I have to contact my bank. So I'm filing fraudulent charges against Straight Talk for the second time in as many years. Do yourself a favor and take your money and time elsewhere because this company is worth its weight in manure.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have been using Straight Talk for almost 9 years. Since their phones were lacking, I continually have made use of the "Bring Your Own Phone" plan and usually haven't had too big of a problem with the phones working other than them being time-consuming to set up. I've always elected to be on auto refill. For many months, I've been magically booted out of auto refill wondering why my phone isn't working, but hey, you get what you pay for, right? I thought, well, Straight Talk is cheap enough for me to put up with these headaches. I've finally decided I've had enough.

With my current phone brought to the plan that is "compatible," after it was first set up, the GPS wouldn't work. After several phone calls (and hours), the GPS finally started working after I was told "That should have been switched when you were first set up." Fast forward, GPS works, but now, I am unable to see or send picture messages or use the bluetooth in my car--these are all things that worked while the GPS did not work. I called Straight Talk today (1 month later) to find out that they cannot check these things because I don't have any more high speed data to use. They told me to check my wifi connection.

I explained that there is no trouble with my wifi connection. However, unless I buy more data, they will not look into it because they don't see it as their problem (even though I had plenty of data when the issue started happening). I spoke with a customer service rep and a supervisor. Neither of them were the least bit helpful. After years of struggles, this is the last straw. I can no longer stick with a company that randomly disconnects my phone AND is entirely unhelpful. Even though I love to save money, I will look elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

After several years with Straight Talk, I upgraded my phone. New Straight Talk brand phone kept disconnecting from service. No error message showed up. I just realized the hard way when texts wouldn’t go through, or someone who tried to contact me via cell emailed me and I got the message on my laptop. None of the customer service people would advise me to get a new phone until the fourth time this disconnection occurred. Walmart discontinued the phone, but didn’t tell users. Still in the process of returning that phone.

When I tried to order a different phone, the website glitched and placed two orders. Even though I never got a confirmation screen at all, only a screen that said my request couldn’t be processed. They refused to cancel one of the orders, even though this was entirely the fault of their shoddily run website. I now have one defunct phone, and I’m waiting on one hopefully functional phone, along with an additional phone I did not want, that I’ll have 60 bucks tied up in for over a week. Straight Talk is an inexpensive carrier, but that cheap cell service comes at the cost of poor customer service.

Straight Talk Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Straight Talk is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. The company has offered no-contract wireless phones since 2009. They currently have several unlimited plan options.

• Plan options: Straight Talk offers several plans from which customers can choose. The company offers several monthly plans with varying amounts of data as well as a six-month and a one-year plan. Parents might wish to purchase the longer term plans for teens or college students.

• Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative 24/7. Customers can receive help by phone or basic answers by texting HELP to 611611.

• Other services: In addition to cell phone service, Straight Talk offers wireless plans for tablets and home phone service. Consumers can also sign up to use their phone as a mobile hotspot.

• Included features: All Straight Talk plans come with call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting. These features are free and available on most devices.

• Blog: Consumers interested in learning more about prepaid and no-contract cell phones can visit the Straight Talk Blog. They can also follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

• Best for: Straight Talk is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs