3.23/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Miami, FL

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been reading reviews of Sprint and Cricket and Straight Talk. I agree with everybody about your services, good or bad. But I will say had Straight Talk from March 2015 and for me the service was great. Just saying. Service, phone no problem. Never had a drop call. Signal was always strong. Phone worked in my basement. Changed phones 2 times, fast and easy and kept my number. Okay called one time and that was when I was making my first phone change. I don't what to say, but the customer service was cooperative, friendly and fixed my screw up trying to change phone. You don't have to believe a word I'm saying, but I'm sitting at my computer and really can't bad mouth Straight Talk for anything. So if you try Straight Talk, may the force be with you.

Because my wife pays for my phone service, I don't question her judgment. Now the bad news, she switch us to, wait for it, Sprint. Sprint no signal, very poor signal, hard to understand people if the call gets through. No or low bars. Put on the wrong plan and did not figure that out until later. Wife and I agree now, Sprint is, bad for us, may be great for other people. My wife wants to try Cricket, I'm going to see if I can get her to go back to Straight Talk. Oh well, have a nice day and I hope everybody finds the best and right phone service.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've had this service for my mother for about 5 years and the price is great! I just got my landline a little bit ago and the price is great. No complaint yet. I am worried about their cell phone service. I would not pay that price for cell phone coverage. Anyway good landline service. You're kind screw if electricity goes out though.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Straight Talk served my purpose at the time. I always used it when I traveled. Clarity was fine. There was time when it was hard to hear. The help lines were foreign which was hard to understand. When I paid I set up automatic payments so I would not forget.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I've been a customer for years with no problem. Their problem is with their god awful customer service. I suggest NEVER buying a phone from their website. The process is supposed to take 9 days total, but it's day 6 and my phone HASN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED YET. It's so incredibly frustrating to run into dead end after dead end talking to their service reps. All I want at this point is a freaking date for my phone to be shipped out. The only answer I can get is "hopefully we can ship it out this week". How is this even legal?? I bought a phone, and they did not even have the inventory to ship it. Completely ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Over the course of 18 mos. S/T double charged my autopay account $860. They told me it was from another phone number and if I gave them the other phone number they could look into it. I told them I only had one phone not two so I didn't have another phone number to give them. They said sorry without the other number they couldn't look into it and they didn't refund autopay anyway. I had to shut down my bank account to stop them but they had received one payment for that month and I had stopped from getting it twice so they turned my phone off. What a bunch of crooks, I gave them one star because they didn't have anything less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

First, they disabled my working Verizon SIM and told me I needed a new SIM. Then they sent an AT&T SIM and my internet speed went to crap. When I complained, they offered to sell me a new Verizon SIM which I purchased. After receiving the SIM, they told me my phone would no longer work on the Verizon system, even though it had been working for several months on that system. They had me contact customer service several times, but the response was always the same. They really don't have a customer service department, they have people with a bunch of canned responses.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have had Straight Talk since 2010, I have never once called in and gotten quality customer service. Kudos for speaking 2 languages, but the language barrier makes it impossible to get help. I am low income/disabled and run a non-profit so I stayed for the costs. I am done. Also, regardless of service date and usage, service and data speeds vary. One day it works as it should, the next day you can't load a web page, or send or load a photo on social media. I was without voicemail for my life and death business for 19 days. Then I had to spend hours researching online and diy updating my APN because my data services wouldn't work and they couldn't help me as long as I was calling FROM MY PHONE. Not sure where else I'm supposed to call from. Overall, it has been a horrible experience and I am going to Google Fi.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I have had problem after problem after problem with Straight Talk. My most recent problem was with the auto refill. Recently I decided to take part in the auto refill they offer because they lowered the rate by $5 for the first 3 month & then $1 every month after that. So today was the first day & I notice that the refill amount was $6 more than usual instead of $5, or even $1 cheaper. I call & she tells me that the E911 fee that is usually .65 cents went up to $5 & some change! Bull!! I told her to un-enroll me Immediately! Straight Talk just gets worse & worse. They're SCAMMERS!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

This is the worst phone company ever. I regret the day I ever signed up for their service. They charged me twice. The manager is so rude. They have the worse customer service. Customers is not a priority to them. The manager and agents have no empathy. They do not care. The agent goes back and forth with the customer. Please don’t waste your time. You will regret every moment of it. I wish I had someone to tell me.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I tried to transfer my wife's Straight Talk service to my carrier, but after 5 attempts, on the phone for 45 minutes each time, straight talk refused to release my wife's number. Finally they released it 1 day before their contract expired. Stay away from this company, unless you like wasting all your free time on the phone trying to resolve issues!

Straight Talk Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Straight Talk is a provider for TracFone, a subsidiary of América Móvil. The company has offered no-contract wireless phones since 2009. They currently have several unlimited plan options.

• Plan options: Straight Talk offers several plans from which customers can choose. The company offers several monthly plans with varying amounts of data as well as a six-month and a one-year plan. Parents might wish to purchase the longer term plans for teens or college students.

• Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a customer service representative 24/7. Customers can receive help by phone or basic answers by texting HELP to 611611.

• Other services: In addition to cell phone service, Straight Talk offers wireless plans for tablets and home phone service. Consumers can also sign up to use their phone as a mobile hotspot.

• Included features: All Straight Talk plans come with call waiting, voice mail, caller ID, and call waiting. These features are free and available on most devices.

• Blog: Consumers interested in learning more about prepaid and no-contract cell phones can visit the Straight Talk Blog. They can also follow the company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

• Best for: Straight Talk is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs