3.23/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Miami, FL

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

2218 Straight Talk Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have never had an experience with any customer service dept as inept as these people. Three weeks and counting. Still have no phone service. This from 1st attempt to transfer service from Straight Talk to Verizon. Apparently the phone wasn't compatible, so we said never mind just go back to Straight Talk. We have spoken with an uncountable number of different types of reps and support, with each one coming up with an equally absurd reason why this number and service hasn't made it to the phone yet. These calls have never been less than an hour long, and have made multiple calls each day, it doesn't seem like they are any closer now after 20 days of frustration than we were the first day. I would not recommend this for my worst enemy!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I would not recommend this company. When you call in to customer service, rarely does anyone know how to assist you and either claim that they are having technical difficulties or transfer you to multiple people who still are unable to help you. So after dealing with the incompetent representatives for the last time, I ported my number to another phone company but wanted to keep my phone. My new phone company advised me to contact Straight Talk and request that they unlock my phone. They would not do so, stating that I had to have 12 consecutive months of service with their company before they would unlock the phone...a phone that I paid for in full, there is no balance remaining on the bill or service.

At no time was I ever made aware that upon purchasing my phone that I would be bound to Straight Talk. The customer service representatives were unable to answer my questions and when I made them aware that there was never any contract or disclosure regarding the phone that I purchased, they refused to comment or answer and hung up. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I lost my phone two days after I paid for a month's service. I got an iPhone and they told me I needed to buy another activation kit and sim card. The lady after much time arguing with her told me I would have the extra activation in my reserve. She lied. I tried talking to management and was on the phone for three hours and they would not give me my extra months paid for already even though they could see it on the computer what happened and wasted my time and money. Being missed is an understatement.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

So, I tried to order a phone through SmartPay and Straight Talk. SmartPay charged me way more than they said they would and so right away I called and cancelled. I was told my order was going to be cancelled, but then it wasn't and I got a notification that the phone and service was shipping. I called back very angry but got no help and was told that because the agent said the order was "going to be" cancelled and not that it "was" cancelled, that I didn't have a leg to stand on. So, I returned the phone and service plan. I was told I'd receive a refund for the lease from SmartPay and the service from Straight Talk.

I spoke with someone via Straight Talk's website and was told I'd receive the refund for the service within 30 days. Although I was pissed it would take so long, I waited. And waited. I contacted them again and was given the runaround trying to contact the refunds department. Then I was told that I would not be receiving a refund for the service even though I didn't use it and was told from both SmartPay and Straight Talk that I'd be receiving a refund. Their customer service is horrible and was no help at all in resolving this issue. Now I am out $50. I would've kept the damn card had I known I wouldn't receive a refund, but I was told that I would be...by several different people. I am cancelling my service and will never use these companies again. They both have TERRIBLE and foreign customer service. I was lied to and then treated like crap by both companies. This is after being a customer of Straight Talk for several years.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My phone is hacked and they say they can't help with that. It's the worst internet speeds you can imagine most of the time. Even when you pay for high speed it's still slow most of the time. Like when watching a YouTube video a single song might stop 20 times or more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I have been having problems with Straight Talk. They keep messaging me and telling to thanks for contacting Straight Talk and I haven't even contacted them since our last problem I had with them about my phone. So here is my problem with the Straight Talk company. When it sends them these thanks for contacting Straight Talk my phone service is gone. I can't make a call or anything. I have been dealing with this a few times now and after I called and complained about it it was fine for a while now. Tonight I get an email that says, "Thank you for contacting Straight Talk. Please turn your phone off and back on again and make a call. If you can't make a call please repeat the steps." Well I did what it asked and I still have no phone service. Mind you I car on a phone call when my drives was cut off and my service plan isn't up yet. I hope no one else is having this problem like I am. It is very irritating.

I feel with all the problems that they have caused me and my job cause I use my phone for work they are messing with my work life. I can't make phone calls or receive any if I'm needed on a job site. This is very upsetting that us customers. If my service isn't working by morning they will be getting a call and it won't be a nice one this time. I'm thinking of changing companies. I don't want to cause I have been with Straight Talk for a long time but I can't keep going like this with them interrupting my service for no reason when the plan isn't up yet or sending me a email like they did. I didn't contact you. My service best be fixed by morning or you won't like what's coming on the other side of the phone????

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I have been a Straight Talk user for years and am absolutely disgusted with their customer service. They are falsely advertising using the same towers as AT&T and Verizon. I traveled to Puerto Rico and am roaming. Can’t use my phone for work! I called customer service to be put on hold and transferred over and over. My phone does not work and I cannot be reimbursed! They said I cannot use the phone outside of the zip code the phone was activated in; what a joke!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Paid for months' service. Did not work. No refund. No service. Called customer service, received no service stating it was 'technical issue" BS and they kept my $35 as phone never worked. Buyer BEWARE! I have an unlocked iPhone 5 that has been used multiple times on Straight Talk network for when guest come to visit from abroad - I provide this smartphone for them. It is activated when guest are here. They screwed me this time, so no more!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

They have terrible customer service and even though I press “1” for English it’s still very hard to understand them. I was on the phone with them for 6 hours because my phone said “no service”. They still never resolved the problem and I got disconnected and recordings several times. I would NOT recommend them!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I could write a big old review about spending 3 days on phone trying to get someone to address my problem but I’ll just say you can’t understand anybody even manager and there is no technical support. I was satisfied with Straight Talk till I had tech troubles which were on their end. Not worth it to save a few bucks. I know Verizon has a prepaid plan cause that is what I switched to and if I have a problem I can go to their store and talk to someone who speaks English plus their plan is only 5 dollars more. Never ever going back to Straight Talk.

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information