Miami, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.69/5
Based on 1,061 ratings submitted in the last year

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Read every other review. This company is a SCAM and a RIP OFF! I DO NOT, and WILL NOT EVER recommend this company! No matter who you talk to or what department you get the run around! I even had the Rep I purchased my phone from call them and he got the run around. I had been with them almost a year and I broke several of the cheap phones. It seems the with each new phone you purchase you start you 1 year over, even when you purchase your own phone and they activate it, they start you over... That is not what they tell you. The last time they told me I had 3 months.. after the 3 months they told me I had 7 months! All Lies! Even with my own phone! They also claim to note the account to help you and somehow the "NOTES" disappear and they have no record of you calling.. MAJOR RIP OFF!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I leased a Straight Talk phone off the straight talk website but through their lease partner Smartpay because I trusted straight talk. I have been a straight talk customer for several years and even recommended them to friends and family. Unfortunately I am now a very unsatisfied customer and will be leaving straight talk very soon. Their leasing partner is a scam and will have you locked into an agreement costing you more than triple for a phone with no way out. Their advertising is false. Completely false. I'm currently dealing with the BBB to make the public aware of this scam and very disappointed in straight talk for allowing this company to do this to their customers. Even though they are a separate company, straight talk has them on their own website to lease a phone to their customers. Shame on you straight talk.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Basically a burner phone system for drug dealers. You can change your number as often as you want... Can't imagine any other purpose in having a Straight Talk account than to try to avoid law enforcement monitoring. Only for poor people with no transportation. They limit your data once you are outside the zip code in which you bought it. Customer service is completely useless. I hope next time someone flies an aircraft into a building, it's the Straight Talk headquarters.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I've been a Straight Talk customer for years and it's ridiculous of how things are. I got my data cut back on the ultimate unlimited with 10gig hotspot, because you guys failed to inform your customers which are the people that keep you guys in business that the hotspot is only for T-mobile and Verizon users. So everyone pay the ultimate price but only those that have tmobile and Verizon gets the benefits? This is beyond unfair and neither to this day have it been put on your website regarding this.

It's beyond false advertising, and something must be done to protect customers from this outrageous decision and the failure to inform All customers of who can and can't you your hotspot service. I've spoken with numerous reps and not one could explain this to me. They sit on the phone flabbergasted. Love your service, but be fair to all or none. By the way, I had to connect to my Straight Talk hotspot just to post this, because my service is cut back.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We had Straight Talk phone over a year and when I went to have the phone unlocked, they refused even though you only have to be on contract for one year. Somehow the eligibility date gets changed in their company. When I asked for an email for the “new” end date, they refused! I would stay away from this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I've used Straight Talk for about 5-6 years now and had no serious problems. Yesterday, I see my Manager called me for work and had missed their call. I check my voicemail and get a robot prompting me to use my "AT&T Service Account Number" instead of the usual password robot. I've only ever used Verizon and Straight Talk. So I can't access my voicemails after trying my phone number and regular PIN - the one I've used for 12 years (switched over from Verizon).

I called the service phone number and talked to "Jan" or "Jen". I explained the situation and he told me my pin is wrong and needs to be reset. I explained my situation again, but this time explained the sudden change is my primary concern - access to voicemail has now become secondary. I want to know why, after a decade of use, I was suddenly locked out of my voicemail and associated with AT&T. He explained that Straight Talk uses other towers, there must've been a carrier outage, and some other stuff that didn't seem relevant, but what do I know?

I told him I didn't understand what that has to do with access to voicemail and impressed my concern it could happen again, but he just wanted to reset my pin. I told him I didn't want to reset anything, I want to understand what exactly happened, why was there no warning, why after some 5 years, etc. He put me on hold and said he fixed the issue and all I had to do was hit *73, turn off/on my phone, and my old pin would work so I can access my voicemails. Ok.

So I comply and find myself being prompted to reset my entire voicemail, not the pin - losing my messages, the whole shebang. Good news is I'm not locked out anymore, just with no voicemails, saved or new, no explanation, no idea what caused this or if it will happen again. I called back, calmly asking for a supervisor for a complaint about Jan or Jen. Talked to Susan, Zana, and Kimchi who transferred me to a supervisor only to have the phone either picked up and left on a call center desk where I could hear everyone talking or they hung up on me. Three times this happened.

The fourth time I talked to Janel who claimed to be a manager. She followed Jan/Jen's playbook and just wanted to talk about resetting my pin. I explained I wanted to file a complaint about the rep who I felt tricked me into resetting my junk - losing all my voicemails. She said she'd correct the problem, but I never gave the name. I asked how she'd fix the problem if she didn't know who it was. She said she'd see who reset my pin in the record to which I countered - he had ME do it. It's like she wasn't listening to a thing I said! I lost my patience at that point, grilled her about the fact I think she's no manager and just happened to be working there five years longer than everyone else, why isn't a "manager" concerned about how her reps are handling problems, etc. Not sure why, it's not like she was listening, I was just upset at that point and hung up.

In conclusion, it's very possible I already lost my voicemails when whatever happened had occurred. A little quirk of getting cheap service, I guess. Being tricked into doing an action when I explicitly stated I wanted no action until I understood what happened and had access to my unheard messages, there's just no excuse for that, but worse, no recourse whatsoever. It's typical call center methodology. Distract and refocus the customer on a very generalized menu - like the robot menus that don't even offer customer service reps as an option. I'm just going to shell out the extra 40 bucks for a carrier. At least they have their own towers so I don't have to worry about suddenly and inexplicably losing my voicemails. Straight Talk is great... until you have a problem. My advice is don't have problems if you're going to use Straight Talk.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I had Straighttalk Wireless for some time. I am ditching it. At first I liked it. It was inexpensive and data plans seemed decent, etc. But as time went on it was like they just made up the rules as they went along! If you called about data and you had some left, they would set it to zero. Their goal seemed to be to make sure you did not have too much data. They started cheating on service end dates. I'm not sure why, but everything defaulted to Minnesota on searches and GPS. If you did a Data add on, it seemed to upset them. And the worst was when they would just accelerate the data usage and eat up all the data - then they said I had to use a local number and could not keep my old one!

This caused me the loss of contacts and all sorts of problems. After a while it seemed like the company was simply against me. Complaints did no good. I could go on and on and on. I think they are not happy unless they control the lives of its clientele. Also they would put their apps on and tell you to remove and tell you to remove your own apps to free up space! Tomorrow is my last day of service and I'm done! I will not import the number.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Straight Talk claims to provide unlimited data text and talk but cut my phone off before the 30 days because I used "too much data". How can you use too much if I purchased the $55 unlimited talk, text and data! Now I have no phone to call anyone. I am currently using my sister's phone to write this review. I have no tv in my home so I use my phone for everything. I live alone and can't call for help if I need it. I am completely disappointed in straight talk.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I just set up my new iPhone 11 Pro Max, which to less than 30 minutes to set up and transfer everything from my old phone. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of transferring my phone service from Verizon, who has stellar customer service in comparison, to Straight Talk. I have spent 4-1/2 hours trying to active a SIM care in my unlocked phone. When I tried to active online, I was directed to call customer service. Had to call from my neighbor's landline as Verizon immediately transferred service to Straight Talk. I spoke to at least 6 representatives, only to be transferred and be disconnected. The last person I spoke to was named Anthony, who would not give me any ticket number to associated with the conversation, transferred me only to get disconnected. I finally gave up. This is some of the worst service I have ever received in the past 20 years of having a cell phone.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I was very disappointed in the customer service I received recently. I was rewarded points and then they were removed after it was discovered they were rewarded in error. The frustration is that they were pending for 60 days and when I contacted them TWICE they told me the date they would be available to use. Once the 60 days came, that's when they were removed because of error. It seems the 2 agents I contacted could have told me that instead of leading me to believe they would be available for 60 days.

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information