3.23/5

Miami, FL

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

After checking compatibility with my Cricket Wireless phone I purchased their Sim kit with a $35 plan. Total cost was $45. Inserted Sim to set up is not compatible with Cricket Wireless. Called customer service at 1 877-430-2355 spoke to representative. Gave me a reference number one 78200 to 209 good credit the $35 over to my son's Straight Talk phone since it didn't work on Cricket. Call today on the 11th with my information to have it taken care of. Representative looked it up said they react applied it to the phone that was original on a number that was discontinued the day I called on the phone never used. Then representative said that number was no good further in the conversation. A very shady company. Do not buy their SIM card kits for Cricket Wireless. They do not work. Save yourself the money and trouble.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Don’t bother. They sent me a form via email for review. Then rejected my review for profanity. ** company. Shipping is the worst. Be prepared to be out of a phone for a week or more. Didn’t even send me the key to open the damn SIM tray and I had to schlep my ** 35 mins away to the nearest Apple store to have them open it. Still so pissed about the whole situation. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I had been a Straight Talk customer since 2016. I purchased a new iPhone back in 2017 FROM THEM and called to activate it immediately. About two months ago (August 2019) I finally got a new iphone and went to switch it and was going to give my mom my old iphone. We found out that we cannot use the older one because they are doing some upgrade and it's not eligible anymore. Apparently in Dec. 2019 the phone was just going to stop working and NOBODY INFORMED US. We decided to cancel and switch services then. They lost four customers that day due to this. But that isn't where it ended. They are REFUSING to unlock my old iphone because they claim I only used the iphone for NINE MONTHS. Am I missing something or is 2017-2019 OVER NINE MONTHS?!

I have been speaking to NUMEROUS agents here and recently the gentleman said "We have explained this to you, and we cannot help you and HUNG UP ON ME"!!! I am disgusted in the behavior of this company, I am upset that I was a loyal customer to them for years and this is how I am being treated and I am mad at myself for giving this company any sort of income because they don't deserve a penny! I will never refer this company to anyone, I hope they go out of business, and I hope one day someone has a lawsuit against them for robbing people of their personal property and money. Absolutely disgusting company and employees.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Purchased a home phone for my mother. Box hasn't worked correctly since Day One. She has to call in from another phone to make outgoing calls. They won't troubleshoot with me. I can type to her to tell her what to do. They won't do it. Wants her to call in. She doesn't have an alternate way to call them. When her health care worker shows up she tries to help. As soon as Straight Talk hangs up she once again cannot make outgoing calls. They are rude on the phone. Hard to understand. Very heavy accents. Not handled in the USA. Very poor service. If they can't fix it I think I'm going to the bank and have them refund everything I sent to them. This is BS. I got this service I am disabled. There is only so much money to go around. How many times can they troubleshoot?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I had Straight Talk for over a month now and I was like okay it had pretty decent service but not in all the areas I live. I could put up with that. But I started having zero Internet service and slow ** service so I decided to call. I called five times and they kept hanging up on me and then when I finally get to a freaking employee of course I was frustrated because I've been hung up on five times. But I asked for a refund because I was tired of being hung up on and dealing with this crap and they wouldn't do it. They do not do refunds. Beware. I lost money out of this and it's crap because I'm not even getting proper service and I only used 20 gigs! !

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Updated on 10/05/2019: Just as an update. Porting my number back to CC was like trying to squeeze an elephant through a manhole. I eventually had to call them and got a rather snotty manager who refused to do anymore than give me my account number and pin. CC was still unable to get a port due to ST not responding. It wasn't until this morning that I finally had cell coverage with CC. People, think twice about getting a ST phone. I know there are people who love it and have never had problems but there are an equal number with the opposite feeling. I spoke to a cell phone industry person who told me that ST is fine when it works, But when it doesn't it's terrible.

Original review: I was with another carrier and decided to port my number over to Straight Talk. I ordered a SIM card and went through the process. I should have known better. Their call center is obviously in India and I had a very difficult time understanding the person. After being on the phone with them for quite a while I was cut off. I called back and got another person who was able to finish the setup. But I have no cell service in my house. I have to go outside to make a call. This is unacceptable. I stood outside yesterday trying to get through to them but after three attempts I gave up. I was on hold for a long time and then the call gets dropped. I never had these problems with the previous service. Lesson learned. I'm going back to where I was and be thankful!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I am beyond frustrated with the service on this phone. I didn't pay $60 a month to have unlimited everything and then not even be able to watch some Netflix. My Snapchat won't load, Hulu, Netflix, Instagram, NOTHING! But if I switch to a cheaper plan I'll run out of data right away. I'm so upset that I paid so much for a service that doesn't even let me do anything!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

After years of having an older cell phone, I purchased a smartphone from these people. The phone would quit working every time I went into an adjoining state. I called customer service. They were decidedly unhelpful and ignorant. They kept telling me to call them when I went to another state. Folks what part of the phone doesn't work do you not understand. I went to a different company and have never looked back.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My story starts about 45 days ago when my wife's data service just stopped dead in its tracks. I did what anyone would do and opened a support request, to which I was told first to wait for reactivation to be sent out, no go... Second time I was told it was being escalated and it would be fixed, well they closed the ticket out as resolved with no actual fix, still no data. So I go to change services, no love lost, enough time wasted. I waited a bit too long and one day after my contract ended the port went through from Comcast and they claimed I had to pay $39 to reactivate service to get my number which they "own".

Supervisor Jean ** wasn't much better, she had the nerve to say that my contract didn't include guaranteed data working. Even though I paid the $39 a month for 3GB of data, it's not guaranteed to work per the contract, they'll simply make their best effort. So I had 45+ days with no data service and according to them, that's acceptable and by the way if you want your number per Jean **, pay up sucker for another month. Good luck dealing with my credit card company when I send over the chat transcripts and my lack of service that I'm going to go back and claim for three months.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Straight Talk is trash, nowhere close to being worth the cheap service. I used to love Straight Talk but, in the last year it's turned to trash I don't want for free! The customer service is like being operated on fully conscious, I'd be better off translating Egyptian hieroglyphs into English. If I had the option I'd demand a full refund of every penny I ever gave them, on top of filing a lawsuit for pain and suffering and mental anguish from dealing with them and their customer service!!!!

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information