Miami, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Straight Talk is a no-contract phone plan that shares networks with four major cellphone service providers. It doesn’t restrict people to long-term contracts, and it offers nationwide coverage and more data plans with flexible payment options.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I purchased a phone after mine died. The website indicate that shipping was 1 - 3 days. I made the purchase Thursday so I figured the phone would arrive by Saturday. On Friday at 5:05 PM I got an email saying the phone had shipped and would arrive on Monday. That's 5 days. I'm not okay with that. Had I had accurate shipping information I would have purchased my phone through someone else. Now I'm trying to contact the company. They have phone numbers I can call if my phone worked but no email or chat options, even though they were quick to chat when I was shopping for a phone. This really bothers me.

This is the first time I've ever had an issue and now I can't get any support. The website says to contact them click below.... There's a spot, way below, that says contact, when you click on it it only has generic links to account balance, order tracking, etc, but no real help. I tried. The chat is a robot. I'm probably going to change service providers after this.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I tried to purchase a new phone on the site but the website was malfunctioning so I called the company. After jumping through a number of hoops, I finally was transferred to the sales department. A day after I place my order for a new phone, I received an email telling me the order was cancelled. I called back and after being transferred three times, I explained that from the verification email I received, they had mixed up the information that I had given them. They finally got the information correct and order the phone again. A day later, I received another email telling me that the order had been cancelled. What is going on with them? Is it poor staff training? Is it inadequate policies or procedures? The answer to the questions is to simply find another cellphone service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

After explaining to Straight Talk the Note 9 would be coming from Verizon, and getting it released, we were not pleased when after our new account would not send any attachment in an email or text. We were told it was a Note 9 issue. Funny there was never a problem on Verizon and why wouldn't you tell a possible new customer this info. Now we have a SIM card and month of service that is worthless. When we called back for the problem to be fixed we were just told it was a glitch because it was a Verizon phone. Worst. Service. Ever.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

We purchased this phone after being assured that we could unlock the phone and use it in Canada. All the people we spoke with at Walmart and Straight Talk are liars. This phone is nothing but an expensive paper weight. I will be filing a formal complaint with the FCC/FTC.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I've had to file 2 BBB complaints in the last three months over their complete lack of customer service. I've had their employees hang up on me, put me on hold and never return, yell at me, refuse to transfer me to someone else. One guy let me listen to his dog bark for 20 minutes while he couldn't figure out how to transfer me to the correct department. They lied to both me and the BBB in my first complaint in November. They do not back up their products, service, or any other programs.

If you have a problem you will be shunted through a series of low level employees who read a script of what they're suppose to say and do not know anything beyond that script. Getting an answer or a solution is next to impossible. If you wish to leave, you cannot take your phone with you as they will not unlock it unless that phone, not your number, the phone has been in service with them for over a year. I've had to buy 4 phones in the last 4 years with them, their phones don't last a year.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

For 5 consecutive months Straight Talk has changed my plan mid-cycle and taken away all of my data. Every time I have contacted their tech support which is no help whatsoever! They tell me that there is nothing they can do for me. The options given to me are: 1) pay for extra add on data at $10 per GB (or maybe 2GB), 2) wait until the end of my billing cycle and go without data, or 3) upgrade back to the plan I was strangely kicked off of mid-cycle and pay extra since I'd be giving up my current service and restarting a new service! Twice I have even paid extra to immediately reinstate my (supposed unlimited 60GB) data in order to do my job. Because of this happening so many times I'm going back to postpaid through another provider. Sure it costs more but there's much less nonsense to deal with.

For the record I feel that straight talk has ripped me off. For example, in the end of December I had to pay an extra $60 to get my data back by starting a new cycle early. In the process I lost 10 days of prepaid service. After 10 days of "unlimited" data they kicked me off of my plan into a lower data plan (5th month in a row) thus causing me to lose ALL of my data yet again!! Tech support offered ZERO help as usual. Again, they gave me the three above options. I consider these actions stealing from their customers! Keep in mind that I'm using nowhere near the 60GB per month. As far as I'm concerned they owe me data that was taken from me 5 times and at the end of this cycle I will never give them another cent!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Straight Talk is great for prepaid cellular service... Just make sure you don’t have ANY problems that come up to where you have to call and speak to someone. The CS employees/agents/associates are some of the most condescending, down-right rude people I have ever had to speak with. I work for a company that activates prepaid and postpaid phones with different carriers. I dread having to call Straight Talk every time. The agents get irritated at me when I can’t hear them because of background noise or feedback... on their end.

When guiding me through whatever issue I called about, they speak to me like they think I am stupid. They literally use a tone that’s so condescending, it makes the entire conversation frustrating... Nobody likes to be made to feel stupid, especially when dealing with electronics and technical phone issues with service. The last phone call I had to make was due to the customer I had not being able to access their account. Every time we tried to enter a password, we got an error no matter what account or password we used.

I tried everything I could to help out... reinstalling the StraightTalk app, changing passwords through email links, creating a new account, and even creating an entirely new email account to create a new Straight Talk account! I finally called StraightTalk. The person I spoke to was nice in the first couple minutes, but became increasingly rude when I explained to her that I had already done everything she was instructing me to do. She ended up HANGING UP ON ME while I was trying to change the customers Straight Talk password for the 4th time!

My boss has had the same issues with StraightTalk as well. We have had to speak to manager after manager, and they’re usually worse than the associates! Working in Customer Service myself, it’s absolutely awful to have someone in the same position treat me like I am beneath them, like I’m too stupid for them to deal with. These CS representatives need better training when it comes to how to speak to people on the phone. It’s very frustrating having to call in the first place, but to have a person (whose job it is to help with issues) speak to people like they’re idiots is even MORE infuriating. Do better, Straight Talk.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I've been with ST on & off for about 6 yrs. For a US customer who speaks English, explaining issues to service reps whose primary language isn't English is very frustrating. I often just hang up & call again hoping to connect with someone who comprehends what I'm saying. They recently changed the terms of my plan without any notification or warning of any kind. Cut me from 120GB data down to 25GB high speed data. I had no notice of this & when I went over the 25 GB, they cut off internet service!

My questions to first service rep were answered with standard "canned" responses & filler about assuring me she had the tools to solve issues. She solved nothing & had no understanding of why I was questioning having internet disconnected. Finally got a supervisor who explained everything in agonizingly technical detail, but could not explain why terms of my plan changed without notice or why I had received no warning that data limit was about to expire! He also said the data usage info shown on phone isn't accurate; said I have to text inquiry to one of their help numbers to get that info. (Why put data usage info on the phone if it isnt accurate?) Bottom line, they also determined my sim card might be faulty & to their credit, sent a new one at no charge. Straight Talk's biggest problem is their customer service language barrier & inability to directly pinpoint issue & solve it for the customer.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I purchased a Samsung A20 Mobile Phone and never received the shipment. It was never delivered by FedEx. I called Straight Talk but could not talk to anyone about phone sales from their website. There is no customer service for Straight Talk Phone orders, only for technical phone issues. I was bounced around from one department to another, finally was told to contact FedEx. I had to file a lost shipment claim with FedEx. When I submitted a requested review on Straight Talk Web Site I received this response. (Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!) Terrible Service!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I've been a loyal customer for 7+ yrs, I always buy the $55 card, the Ultimate Unlimited, but all of a sudden they decided to limit the internet usage, I was told to read the fine print, I did, it says, reserve the right to review your account, nothing about turning it off, I'm switching companies, BEWARE!!

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information