Miami, FL

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Straight Talk is a no-contract phone plan that shares networks with four major cellphone service providers. It doesn’t restrict people to long-term contracts, and it offers nationwide coverage and more data plans with flexible payment options.

Straight Talk Wireless Learn More

Unsubscribe at any time.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have been buying the unlimited plan ($55 plan) for the past 6 months or so and for a couple months now, the speed of the network is so very slow and I am very displeased. For paying 60 a month including tax I would expect the network speed to be fast but I can barely even watch videos because of the constant loading.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Took money when I cancelled auto refill and took credit card info off account, sent refund to wrong card, terrible service, I was rarely ever able to call, some texts didnt go through, I didnt receive all texts sent to me, I got a bunch of random texts from random numbers asking about micheal, customer service is also terrible, they get angry and for sure show it, I wish there was a 0 star review.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I tried to order a phone directly from their website using two different debit cards. Both were said to be declined multiple times and they would not process the order. They still charged me 4 times for the phone I wasn't getting shipped to me and when I called customer service to speak to loss prevention about a refund, they claimed that they never charged me, their system said the cards were declined. My bank accounts show otherwise. They refused to process a refund or even look into the issue with their website's payment processing. Had to resort to calling the bank directly to dispute the charges.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

This is the worst cell phone company I've ever had the displeasure of using and they have horrible customer service. First, my phone stopped getting coverage in a well-covered area. Straight Talk's (ST) Customer support agreed that this area has great coverage and there is no reason why the phone wouldn't get good reception. I dealt with it for another couple weeks until I could no longer put up with constantly having calls dropped no matter where I was.

While talking with customer service again, the rep told me that I needed to buy a new phone that is VoLTE capable because they are switching to VoLTE exclusively in the next year. In case you are wondering what that means, it essentially is using voice calls as part of the data so I only assume that by next year they will be counting all voice usage towards data consumption which will inevitably make sure you purchase the higher data plan in order to have a usable phone. I was not keen on that idea at all since we are on a strict budget because of Covid.

Then the very next month, for no reason at all, the auto-refill feature did not go through (it had always worked and there was plenty of available funds to cover the refill, there was not even an attempt at refilling) which rendered my service inactive. This was the last straw that made me consider switching mobile carriers.

When attempting to switch to the new company, I had major difficulty getting the new carrier's phone activated with the same number (since I have had this number for over 15 years). The new company's customer service rep told me that everything was fine on their end and to contact ST's customer service. When I contacted ST, their rep told me that since the phone is not active I cannot transfer the number - I had to buy a plan in order to have the number released. I reluctantly agreed to pay for a new plan but not without first offering my opinion that this is basically an extortion fee.

After telling the rep my thought she replied, "I just checked the status of the phone number and it is not available anymore. You cannot get it back." Strange, the number was available just a few seconds before that. This was a very spiteful act and I feel that there should be repercussions to an action such as that from a customer service representative for a national company. In short, stay far away from Straight Talk, their coverage is horrible, their practices are unethical, and their customer service is not only rude but spiteful. I have filed a formal complaint to their Customer Relations Department and am eagerly awaiting their reply.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Straight Talk service is horrible! They say hotspot is included, pay $55 but they don't tell you not everyone can get it due to what towers you on... buy a plan, no compensation for the lies. Phone goes down for hours, they could care less, they don't tell you of supposed down time, they should advise well before it happens. Some do have important calls. Towards the end of the month if you don't do auto pay, internet will be slowed way down and you're lucky to even get any internet. Calls and text messages, lucky to get them as many will not even go through. Customer service absolutely sucks, can't understand most of them and they do not seem knowledgeable at all about the service they are supposed to be providing. Save some money and shop around. They need to refund people some funds for lack of service that you have paid for.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Straight Talk customer service has no clue how to do anything other than read from a computer screen. They are no help at all. All they do is transfer you from department to department. It has been 3 days and my phone still doesn't work. They don't speak English. That was the final straw. I am DONE with Straight Talk. I hope everyone else follows.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I made a payment on my mother's phone bill 2 days ago. After I made the payment their automated system asked if I wanted to store my card on file for future purchases and I would save a dollar per month by doing so (one whole dollar)! I signed up for it. I checked my account after I made the payment and I could see it pending. I checked my account again yesterday and there where now two payments pending. One for 37.86 and the other for 37.83, why are the amounts different? Nonetheless I called customer service, got transferred around until I spoke with Sarah in the Philippines (who couldn't give me a reference number for the refund she processed).

Sarah told me the system processed my payment and still auto drafted another amount again after I stored my card on file. I asked why her system wasn't sophisticated enough to realize I'd already made a payment on my mother's account? She couldn't give me an answer but refunded the payment. She also couldn't tell me why the amounts were different. Their billing system is all jacked up, they know it clearly and still won't do anything about it. I'd recommend going with a bigger carrier. I certainly wouldn't go with Straight Talk. Unless you in an area where thats the only option like my mother.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Well I got Straight Talk wireless for my At&t phone and it worked good for about an hour. First off it struggled to find service, then when connected to service my phone would not connect to it fully. After trying to talk to customer service they gave me a USSD code which didn't work and said my phone was blacklisted which it isn't because I can use wifi and still call (when my phone wants to connect) after which I told customer service that they, hung up on me! I basically paid 35$ for a month of no service. Definitely will not be using or recommending this service.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Actually really liked Straight Talk I until recently. My phone was stolen, called ST and reported it, had them deactivate my account and blacklist the phone. I checked 2 days later and the phone was active and not on the blacklist. I contacted them today about it and was told my account was reactivated. I asked them how that even happened and they didn't know, asked who reactivated it so I could add that to my police report, they don't know, was told they don't keep records of who they speak to. I tried to log into my account, and couldn't, all my passwords have been changed along with the security pin on my account. I was put on hold and the rep never came back, tried again with a different agent, same thing. Seems they are more interested in helping who stole my phone than their own paying customer. Will not but another ST phone, will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Prepare to be hung up on over and over and over for even the simplest of issues. Talked to over 40 agents for longer than 14 hours JuST to transfer service to a different phone. Robot will hang up on you, agents hang up on you. Corporate hangs up on you.

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information