Miami, FL

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Straight Talk is a no-contract phone plan that shares networks with four major cellphone service providers. It doesn’t restrict people to long-term contracts, and it offers nationwide coverage and more data plans with flexible payment options.

Straight Talk Wireless Learn More

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I've been a loyal customer for 7+ yrs, I always buy the $55 card, the Ultimate Unlimited, but all of a sudden they decided to limit the internet usage, I was told to read the fine print, I did, it says, reserve the right to review your account, nothing about turning it off, I'm switching companies, BEWARE!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I have been on the phone with them for 3 hours with no satisfaction. They keep moving me to a new department to do the same tests with no satisfaction. At one point the person said I needed a new phone and was taking my info for that when the call dropped. She never called back. I called and they wanted me to restart from the beginning. I tried again online with the same results.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I bought the $65 Platinum plan with 20 gigs of hotspot 4 days ago. I get a text message saying my 10 gigs of hotspot is up. I need to purchase a $55 card. I spoke to customer service. They verified the $65 plan been verified that soon as you touch your hotspot button even if nothing is connected using hotspot it burns your gig up. How can data run out if nothing is using it. It's a good promise that I found unfulfilled. I work most all day. Watch a movie or two at night then bed. So 4 cause times 2 movies that 8 movies I've used hotspot for. That costed 20 and I'm sure it didn't but just having hotspot activated costed. No stars given unless fixed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I was a Verizon Customer for years, but in Wal-Mart one day. Straight Talk had a person talking about how Great they were. The person told me that I would Love the whole plan, if I purchased a phone. I asked the person, if I was Unhappy with Straight Talk could I switch the new phone. Back to Verizon Service and she said yes, I tried the Service for 3 months and was very Unhappy with it. So I went back to Verizon to switch back to them, they contacted Straight Talk to switch the phone to Verizon. And Straight Talk would not release the phone to be switched, so I'm out the $200.00 I gave for the phone. Plus the $600.00 to buy the new phone from Verizon since I couldn't switch the $200.00 phone to Verizon. So if you want a Great Phone Company to use, use Verizon Phone Service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I wish I'd NEVER gotten this service!! You pay extra money so the internet won't be slow and it's a waste of money because from the word go the internet is about 2G and it doesn't get faster. Not a surprise with it being AT&T because they just lost a HUGE lawsuit over the same thing. Guess they didn't learn their lesson. Will be switching as soon as my first month is up. I advise anyone thinking about getting it, NOT TO!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Service good. Getting told a new phone to replace a defective phone is bad when all business contacts and schedule are in my phone. Twice I have spoken to them and twice I had told new phone was on the now. 20 days later they want my defective phone to be sent a new phone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

We have Straight Talk users since at least 2015. It was before then because that’s when I have on record for signing up for rewards. We really gravitated towards the bring your own phone plan because we all love our iPhones. At first it went well, but recently, as we tried to add our last two family members to the plans, it has been horribly difficult to find SIM card that work. The service is average. Sometimes it’s very good, sometimes it horrible. But we like the unlimited plan and with 6 of us on. It’s more affordable than any other service available in our area. Both of my oldest have bought expensive nice iPhones on the straight talk website and they are happy with their plans so far. They did NOT use the SIM card sent with their new phone. They used their old SIM cards and it works fine for them.

The new cards we have purchased and the new iPhones we haven’t bought from straight talk do not work with straight talk Sims even when the website says they will. We have spent hours in the phone with very strange people. Sometimes we can hear wind and chickens outside in the background, or who knows maybe the chickens are inside? Anyway, if you're looking for affordable average service this is an ok deal for you. Just don’t expect to bring an unlocked iPhone from another company and be prepared to spend lots of hours on the phone every time you want upgrade or add a phone for your daughter's bday. Best of luck to you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

They sold me an unlimited service plan for text, talk and data with no indication of it actually being a LIMITED service plan. Apparently somewhere there is small writing that isn't discussed when you're purchasing your service that limits all of the above "unlimited services".... This is not only misleading but a flat out lie that they sold me! 13 days into my plan my phone was disconnected in the middle of my work day. I spent 3 hrs trying to get the customer service to help me, but they kept transferring me to another company who kept hanging up due to technical difficulty and telling me to call back at a different time. THIS IS THEFT IF YOU ASK ME AND I WILL BE FILING AGAINST THIS COMPANY. DO NOT BE TRICKED BY THEM.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

They said I used all my data so I paid extra $10. Then they didn't add it on. After 3 days I called and they hung up on me 3 times. Last time talked to someone who said they would fix it and data came on but found out they charged me $10.. again. Then they slowed it down so much it was unusable. Employees speak poor English and unable to understand most of convo. When I asked her to spell what she was saying she said nothing for a few seconds and hung up on me. This hanging up is the norm with this company. It can take an hour with having to call back constantly. I am going to change to ** tomorrow as they have an A rating with consumer reports. Straight talk had an F rating and they deserve an F-. Terrible service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I ported my phone number from Verizon yesterday. All my balances for talk, text, and data went to zero and when I tried to set up voicemail, dialing *86 and holding down the 1 button connected me with Straight Talk customer service. After chatting with several agents and calling and speaking with at least 4 more agents, I was unable to resolve either issue. It is very difficult to communicate with the agents. I was promised a call from technical support on two occasions but I never received a call. I am shopping for a real phone service today.

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information