Miami, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.07/5
Based on 1,059 ratings submitted in the last year

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Straight Talk claims to provide unlimited data text and talk but cut my phone off before the 30 days because I used "too much data". How can you use too much if I purchased the $55 unlimited talk, text and data! Now I have no phone to call anyone. I am currently using my sister's phone to write this review. I have no tv in my home so I use my phone for everything. I live alone and can't call for help if I need it. I am completely disappointed in straight talk.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I just set up my new iPhone 11 Pro Max, which to less than 30 minutes to set up and transfer everything from my old phone. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of transferring my phone service from Verizon, who has stellar customer service in comparison, to Straight Talk. I have spent 4-1/2 hours trying to active a SIM care in my unlocked phone. When I tried to active online, I was directed to call customer service. Had to call from my neighbor's landline as Verizon immediately transferred service to Straight Talk. I spoke to at least 6 representatives, only to be transferred and be disconnected. The last person I spoke to was named Anthony, who would not give me any ticket number to associated with the conversation, transferred me only to get disconnected. I finally gave up. This is some of the worst service I have ever received in the past 20 years of having a cell phone.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I was very disappointed in the customer service I received recently. I was rewarded points and then they were removed after it was discovered they were rewarded in error. The frustration is that they were pending for 60 days and when I contacted them TWICE they told me the date they would be available to use. Once the 60 days came, that's when they were removed because of error. It seems the 2 agents I contacted could have told me that instead of leading me to believe they would be available for 60 days.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

These folks are nothing but fraudulent liars. For years they advertised unlimited data, then cut service on anyone who used too much. When they tried cutting me off I told them to go ahead and try it. I'd see them in court. They told me I couldn't sue them, because of their arbitration clause. Too bad they were already facing a class action, at that time, for the exact same issue. (A class action they eventually settled, so that arbitration comment wasn't as solid as they thought.) When I explained that I knew about that, they backed off. I still ended up switching services out of disgust. Now I don't use anything by or from TracFone Wireless or Wal-Mart. (The two companies behind Straight Talk.) I've never had a positive experience with either company or their services.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Straight Talk recently charged my debit card 3 times for unlimited package and never installed the first unlimited package to the phone. With 3 charges at 61.84 each they wanted me to but another unlimited package to turn the phone on. A mistake much so. Are they using any common sense? Not at all They should have put service on the phone and returned the other 2 charges of 61.84 and 61.84. Have they done this? No. Give me the runaround that they're not seeing these charges at this time. My advice do not use their app. Buy a card at Walmart or be like me be taken for 185. 52 and still have no service or refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I bought a Straight Talk Galaxy Phone. When I tried to get on the Straight talk website it said phone not comparable. I called customer service and was told they could send me forty dollars off for a new phone. It was a straight talk phone that was incomparable on a straight talk website and that's all they offer after vfc the purchase from Walmart of a new Galaxy Straight talk phone. Go back and buy another one at forty dollars off? SMH.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

This is an extremely frustrating company to deal with. My phone's internet stopped, and texts weren't working. I dealt with them for 5 days, and they would all have me try the Exact Same Things. Finally I got a guy who told me my phone wasn't working. Well, DUH! He said they would send me a new phone. He said they would send me a box, and to send my old phone in, and when they got it, they'd send me a new one. Two lies right there! I waited for the box, and by accident, I found they'd sent me a shipping label by email. I found my own box, and sent it in. They sent me a Refurbished phone with a 90 warranty. Also, they ask if you'll do a survey after each call, but if the call doesn't go well, they don't call/text you back with it. If you have Enormous patience, go ahead and use Straight Talk. You've been warned.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have had Straight Talk for about five years now and have mostly been satisfied. I can use my phone in most areas, most of the time. I recently travelled to Alaska to visit family. When I arrived, I attempted to call my husband to let him know I got there safely. Right away, I knew there was a problem. I was unable to make ANY calls or receive any calls while I was in Alaska. I discovered I could, however, send and receive text messages. I was away for 10 days and not having use of my phone was a problem to say the least. I did some research online to see what the problem might be and read several reviews describing the same problem I had in Alaska. I was lucky to be travelling with my daughter, who had a phone that worked in Alaska, but if you are planning on travelling with your Straight Talk phone, you may want to check coverage before you go!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Contact customer support chat. I am asked if someone can help me. Soon as I type a message and send it I am put on a queue to wait 30 minutes. I got no help from them with the matter on my phone. I had trouble with the phone I had, I sent it back yesterday to the returns dept. and without an RMA number. Let me know ahead of time instead of waiting for my message then say oh I have to wait 30 minutes. No help. They used to be helpful when I first signed up in 2011. Apparently not anymore do they seem to care much if at all!!! I am terribly 100% disappointed they could not even return a message about an RMA number when I reached out to them since I don't have a phone right now. I hate cellphone service!!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I allowed my son to do a one time charge to my bank card. Straighttalk started billing me every month. I did not authorize this to draft every month and when I tried to call the number on my bank statement it wouldn't go through so after a couple of months of trying the number I went to my bank and they told me the only way to stop this was to cancel the card and get a new card number. I did with a lot of work and grief updating for the companies I did allow automatic drafts. After all that Staighttalk still is taking money from me even though I stopped that card. I finally get a number to work for straighttalk and they tell me that I can't be reimbursed for auto pay even with knowing I did not authorize the continuing transaction. I ask them to check usage on the phone and they just changed the subject back to they have stopped it now. Not good enough!!!

I asked for them to provide proof that I had authorized more than a one time charge and they don't acknowledge the question. They just say this is the first notice they have received, as I explained a good number on my bank statement would have helped an earlier response. Then I said just send me to the survey Only to have straighttalk tell me it will be sent in a text to the number they are billing me for that I don't have...AHHHH a nightmare that I will share.

In short I didn't authorize an auto draft. They had a non functioning number to respond to. I cancelled the card the were billing and they managed to bill my new card. They say they can't refund auto draft. But they have stopped it now. And when I asked to do the survey...They said it was in text form sent to the non functioning number that they are billing me for. They didn't acknowledge the fact there had been no usage on that number in months. Total scam.

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information