3.28/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Miami, FL

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

2195 Straight Talk Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Just want everyone to be aware of the poor business practice of Straight Talk online. I bought one of their phones online. The phone did not work. Their customer service thought maybe either the phone or the sim card was bad. Straight Talk shipped me a new sim card but sent it to the wrong address in town. The address they used was so far off, the package got delivered to the other side of town.

Also, I noticed today, Straight Talk has 4 inactive phones now listed on my account when there should only be 3; however, only 2 of the phones listed are mine. So I do not know where or why the other two phones are listed. I spoke with Straight Talk customer service this morning about my returning the inoperative phone. I am told that if I want a refund, I have to pay for the return shipping in full!!! The agent also did not answer my question as to if they require a particular method for returning the phone. The agent disconnected! So now I have to call their refund department to get full details as to requirements for returning the piece of crap phone.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

My wife (an existing Straight Talk customer) received a promotion by mail from Straight Talk to "Bring a family member to Straight Talk and they get a free service plan and you get a $25 gift card of your choice". The promotion came with specific instructions on how to benefit from it. So my wife and my son (Straight Talk customers) bought a new Straight Talk smart phone (1st step in the instructions) for me and I activated the new phone (2nd step in the instructions). I then tried to claim the promotional free service plan and gift card (3rd step in the instructions) by logging in to the provided website but it did not work. So I called Straight Talk for help with this using my home landline.

After several calls and being passed around to different agents, I was finally told that the reason my promotional items were denied was because I called them from a landline and not an existing Straight Talk phone, that is my wife's phone or my son's phone, and that I didn't call before the promotion ended even though I activated the new phone well before the expiration of the promotion as stated in the promotional instructions. This is a good example of misleading and deceptive marketing tactics on the part of Straight Talk to bait potential new customers and then refuse to deliver on their promise due to a contrived technicality. I am very disappointed in Straight Talk and will look for another provider that is more honest and will honor promotional commitments.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Spent over an hour yesterday troubleshooting about my new iPhone having text issues which they told me to cb if it continued. It has and they still will not do anything. I have 3 phones with Straight Talk and have had for a few years. I am forced to find a new service since I literally cannot send or receive texts unless I turn my phone off and on several times a day.

Original review: July 27, 2019

They will not let you cancel your auto-charge online. So, have to call, then wait forever on hold, then get disconnected, call again, get transferred, then maybe get a hold of someone that can help at their Philippine call center.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I have had Straight Talk since they first came out and never had any problems. Since they have employees who barely speak English and can't understand your question, it is a joke! I wasted an hour and three supposed supervisors to get no results. Come on Straight Talk... Come back to the USA!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Straight Talk Wireless?

Original review: July 25, 2019

3 months ago I bought my wife a new Samsung Galaxy s7 phone and now the screen flickering and have tried Googling and YouTube fixing it and no help from Straight Talk. About to choose another provider after 5 years of service.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I ordered a new Samsung Galaxy S8 via their website and of course you have to purchase a plan with it. My total was about $412. It took me 5 days to get the initial phone and when I received it, it was defective. I couldn't open emails, couldn't text because the messaging app just kept "force closing", nor could I make a call and hear the person on the other line. I immediately contacted Straight Talk and asked for a refund. The lady I spoke to encouraged a replacement phone and that would fix the problem. Against my better judgement, I waited another 5-7 days for the replacement. I received that and it was doing the same exact things the previous phone did. I think they just received the defective phone back, slapped a piece of plastic on the front as if it was new and mailed me the same phone back. They claim they have different IEM numbers but that is not true. So now I am almost 3 weeks without a cell phone.

When I received the replacement with the same issues, I called Straight Talk to initiate my refund. They don't know their right hand from their left and they must not make notes on people's accounts because they seem to not have a clue what is going on. The guy I spoke to said I couldn't get a refund because it has been 30 days. I asked him to research and he would see that I purchased it 6/18/2019 and it had been less than 30 days and that I want my money back. At this point, I don't want a phone, service or anything from them. They asked me to mail the phone back to their refund center and of course I had to pay $16 for shipping via FedEx. (Great customer service for a phone they sent me TWICE that was defective on their part.) They got the phone back now last Wednesday because I tracked it and called them right away to give me my money back.

Every time I have called, there is a different response and they aren't too keen on giving refunds for their defective devices. Now we are almost 5 weeks later and still without a cell phone because I have to wait on their reimbursement in order to get another one, through another carrier. They are liars, tell you anything to get you off the phone and their so called managers don't have a clue either. They are in the business of keeping people's hard earned money just like they would be if they called and scammed you out of it. I have disputed with my bank because they stated initially it would take 3-5 business days for a refund and now it is 1-30 business days. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone and NEVER go back with their "service." By the way, when you call them and get upset about what THEY are causing, they will hang up on you and you will have to call back.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have had Straight Talk for a year now and for the last five months I have nothing but had issues with trying to refill my service. They told me to wait 5 minutes 10 minutes. I wait those few minutes. My phone still not active. When I call I get told to wait two hours. I wait 2 hours. Guess what my phone still not active so anybody wanting to use Straight Talk I advise highly against it because you talk to people overseas that you cannot understand. They will not help resolve any situation. All they do is say, "I'm sorry. Please give us two hours. We're working on it." Well I've waited two hours. Now I'm losing my job because I do not have my cell phone because they will not help me. I should have never of left AT&T. This is one of the worst cell phone providers that I have ever heard of a never used. I think they are a joke and a rip-off for just people to pay money to them into a foreign countries can benefit from me.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I had Straight Talk for about two years, the mobile service was good. No complaints about that, I decided to ultimately switch because while on vacation the iPhone 6 that I purchased FROM THEM stopped working due to electrical issues within the phone that was not caused by me. I had auto refill and this happened right when it was time for them to refill my account. They took my money for a new month of service but refused to work out any deal for me to purchase a new phone, no discount, no upgrade pricing. (They were actually trying to charge me MORE than the price they were offering new customers!!) They give zero cares for retaining their customers. What's great mobile service without great customer service?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Like many here I'm beginning to question Straight Talk's business ethics. I've had their service for over 8 years with the same phone number & gone through 4 phones I buy from Walmart. I buy the $10 global international card because I call my fiance in Algeria, been using it to make calls with no problem until 6 months ago. I now get a recorded message saying, "Your call pattern has changed, please contact customer care to review your account." I've been through a dozen tech reps over last few months promising they'd reset my phone & I should now have no problems making the call.

Lo & behold the problem remains to be resolved. So I call 2 days ago & this rep finally informs me they had blocked me from calling due to suspicious activity but do not elaborate as to why. I laid into them telling them they needed to mind their own business & unblock me from calling, to which he said, after speaking to his superior, that it is now unblocked, that I can call this number. Of course when I try I cannot get through as usual. What kind of company manipulates, withholds account info for months, & simply lies to customers. I recently upgraded from my Android phone to the iPhone 6s but will soon be looking for another service. They have lost my trust!

Straight Talk Wireless Company Information