1.22/5
Based on 110 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

619 Safelink Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I just spent the last 3 hours with SafeLink. They were trying to find my account. Excuse me, they have been sending me information about my cell phone and other important items. Well first they sent me the wrong Sim card for the phone I bought from Motorola, then I just got the one that fit today. So I did exactly what the information told me to do. I called to get the phone activated. I am currently with Assurance Wireless and just wanted them to transfer service. Using my phone number... after all was done a "SUPERVISOR" got online and assured me all was settled and done.

I called my daughter and asked her to call me to see if all was well. They did not transfer my number. In fact they even gave me an area code that I think is Fla. and I live in CA... Now this supervisor assured me I had my old number, so like the other lady. I have very many medical people and important people that have this number...They need to be accounted for. I was leaving Assurance for this very type of customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I qualified for Safelink Wireless service months ago. I had my own unlocked, T-Mobile compatible, GSM phone... not branded and not tied to any carrier. I was porting my long-held phone number from Simple Mobile to Safelink. I am disabled, under regular medical care, and have a myriad of medical, support staff, home health aides, labs, transportation, imaging, clinics, and other organizations and individuals that are connected to and rely on my existing phone number. Without these people and services I would be in a nursing home or worse. (I am not elderly.) I am EXACTLY who the Safelink program is designed to help. Thus far my Safelink experience has been a frustrating exercise in futility. I still have no cell phone service.

To start, Safelink sent me the wrong SIM card THREE times. They kept sending a SIM for a NEW phone number. I was porting my existing number. After the fourth SIM card arrived, I was finally able to port my number and activate service on 6/28/18. Approx six days later my service stopped working entirely. I had absolutely zero ability to make & receive calls or texts. I live alone and have no personal transportation and no landline phone.

Starting 7/05/18 (after I was able to get transpo to a family member's house to use their phone) I began my frustrating journey of day after day, hour after hour phone calls to Safelink. It's July 15, 2018 as I type this, and I still have no resolution, and no cell phone service. One Safelink rep told me my identity must have been stolen and some thief must have ported my number back OUT of Safelink. Which is not true.

After speaking with T-Mobile, Net10, Tracfone, and Simple Mobile to find where my phone number went, I learned that no other carrier had ported my number out of Safelink. No one else has my phone number, it's not in use by any other carrier or individual. The problem is that number was INCORRECTLY PORTED into Safelink in the first place, which is why my cell service suddenly stopped working.

As of the date of this review (7/16/18) I have lost count of how many times and how many hours I've spent on the phone with Safelink and its various departments & subsidiaries. (Net10, Tracfone, etc, are all just different departments of the same company.) Each and EVERY time I speak with Safelink, we go through the exact same process: I give them all my information- my phone number, IMEI #, ticket #, SIM card #, etc. After a rep spend 30-60 minutes "researching" my problem, the result is the same. They tell me "Your issue has been 'escalated' and I have sent an email to reactivate your phone number with your SIM card and your phone. Your service should be back on within 24 hours."

After 24 hours, and 48 hours, and one week, or two weeks... nothing changes and I still do not have any cell service let alone service with my number ported. I stopped counting after the 5th time this happened. According to my notes (taken every time I call Safelink) I've spoken to Safelink - and been through the same cycle- NINE times in the last 30 days.

What makes Safelink difficult to deal with is poor communication. Very few people at Safelink/Net10/Tracfone have a *command* of the English language. They have a script they read from. They know enough English to pass when dealing with run of the mill issues that stay within the confines of the script they are trained to use. If your issue is more complex, you will need to climb FAR up the chain of command before you speak to someone who understands your issue adequately and can communicate effectively with you.

I have no bias or hatred for any group of people from any country or background. I don't care what country the call center is located. I simply need to COMMUNICATE effectively with another person in this company. Period. That's very difficult to do. Even more problematic is the underlying attitude coming through that nobody cares. We're just freeloaders getting a free service, so who cares? Who are we going to complain to?

At this point I have to take my issue to a higher authority than a Safelink supervisor. I've already sent an email to Tracfone "Corporate Resolution Team." That was one week ago. I've not received a response from them yet. Same goes for Safelink corporate. I'm now taking the issue to the California FTC that oversees the Safelink program. The same complaint and plea for help is also going to the California Attorney General, one State Senator and one US Senator. And of course… I need all manner of help in accomplishing this task. And I have to do it all without any phone service. All I want is basic cell service with my phone number ported in to Safelink. If I had any other options to ensure I have cell service no matter my physical condition or income. I would NEVER choose Safelink or ANY of its associated companies/departments. I'd recommend you avoid Safelink like the plague.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 14, 2018

The most incompetent arrogant people around & a customer is always wrong by them. They cheat you out of the minutes you are entitled because they never reflect it on the phone. They lie that you were given your entitled minutes. On top of everything else they're dishonest. They just want your money without showing in a honest way pride in their work. It is a criminal business company run by rogue people.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The worst phones and customer service attempts for repair or replacement, ever. We have two phones and both continually break up and/or disconnect. We spent hours with no resolution, constant disconnects and repeated attempts to get replacements. Every call disconnected and we had to start over. Even their online customer service disconnected. I hate these phones and their customer service! Don't buy these phones. You will regret it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Over two days wasted 75 minutes of prepaid. Spoke to 4 people on phone and 3 on live chat. I was denied a phone because SafeLink did not have their “catalogue” updated. So my valid and correct EBT was denied as documentation though it is what my state uses. A supervisor Mark, the last person I spoke to eventually just hung up on me. I had the valid documentation given to me by my state. It said EBT on front and back but because SmartLink didn’t have a picture of that design in its catalogue they called it invalid and denied me. I’m all set now on another carrier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?

Original review: June 7, 2018

Free cell phone service, paid for by the government. Service is spotty and customer services are almost non-existent. They cut off my service beginning of every month stating I had to re-apply. No person to speak with; after 10-12 minutes attempting to navigate automated phone system it often hung up on me. Hold times range up to 3 hours, the system offers a callback but that never happens, I waited 2 days for callback. It might be free but if you depend on it for phone service you're better off paying a different provider. For $15 a month I'm trying another company!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Trying to recertify the account for my father's phone turned out to be more of a hassle than anything. Try to recertify online and couldn't get to the proper areas so I decided to call them back and just do it on the phone and mail the application to them. 5 failed attempts later due to being disconnected or being put through to the wrong department. I have given up. They can keep their stupid service and phone. I'm adding him to my cell phone account. He is disabled, he has the education of probably a third grader. So these things are very hard for him sometimes to do on his own. Getting through the basics is bad enough. What bothers me the most is when he signed up for this to begin with I am the one that done it for him and I made a point to let them know he lived in the country so certain phones would not receive service there and I was reassured that the phone chosen for him would be fine.

Original review: June 5, 2018

For the month of June 2018, I was suppose to get my 500 minutes of free airtime because I'm on a GOVERNMENT program. Which means that I use the phone for emergency purposes only and with permission through DSS so long as I receive certain government benefits. Anyway, without warning I come to find out that my service has been cancelled because I didn't verify my address? Huh? After living at the same address for three years and was never told I needed to verify my address unless I changed my address.

Plus DSS has me in their system and I have to re-certify for benefits every six months or so. Therefore, after going through the "India Fan" (by Victoria Holt) Call Center (metaphorically speaking)... And several hours later, my issue was never resolved. Nonetheless, I wrote out a complaint to BBB and I am sure a nice letter to the federal government ought to light a match under somebody's rear. If that doesn't do it, then maybe sign a petition on "Change.org" and have the company removed all together. What say you?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have a free Safelink Wireless service for my disability and set my number to donotcall.gov list and still get 20 calls and or 50 Text messages a day with spam. They need to be brought down. I can not even use the phone with this Bad service as the main reason I got the phone was for emergency and all the monthly minutes is used up in a couple day by spammers.

Original review: June 1, 2018

You get these damn foreigners... Can't hardly understand them, they're rude and totally incompetent. I had over 10,000 minutes on my phone and the dirty ** stole them from me. I absolutely detest Safelink Wireless!

Original review: May 23, 2018

Called to cancel service for deceased mother. Tried to called customer service. Had to call 5 different times on two days and answer 10 computer generated questions each time just to get to talk with a person from the Philippines AND I had to lie and say I was interested in a new service just to talk with a human being! Then I get a recording stating all representatives are busy, but I could press 1 to be put into the callback cue without losing my place in line.

They called back at 12:30 AM!!! Message received said to press "1" to talk with the representative, and I did press 1 only to hear the computer-generated message stating that "No representatives are available now." Really!!! THEY ARE ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH REFERENCING CUSTOMER SERVICE. A BBB rating of A+ ??? Someone needs to see the reviews. Sorry, they are FAR from a A+ rating. Plus, the phones provided are some of the poorest quality phones available.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I was trying to install SAFELINK sim card that they have sent me. For 2 days, and over 2 hours and 16 minutes, SAFELINK refused to order me another phone or replace me my 2 hrs and 16 minutes, since my TracFone was smashed from an attack and assault brought upon me. So I asked for the SUPERVISOR and they (Ms. ** and some other technical support operator) thought it was FUNNY draining my PRE-PAID minutes from a FREE WiFi App since I'm on a FIXED LOW INCOME. They refused to finish the installation and left me with NO CELLPHONE SERVICE and no REFERENCE #.

I get seizures and it worries me that I won't have a phone available when I have one of those episodes. The WiFi App is not capable of DIALING 911. This company should be investigated, reprimanded, and punished/suspended. 'Cause if I have an episode and can't get in touch with anyone, that could be a LIABILITY on SAFELINK, if anything serious results from the NEGLIGENCE. They even gave me a cellphone that is TAPPED, too. ** is not recognized by any bill paying service, yet it's the number SAFELINK has given me. Thanks OBAMA, your phones are as USELESS as you were as a PRESIDENT. I recorded the calls.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I'm truly concerned with how this company has any involvement with the government. I've been on the phone for a total of 5 hours for a sim card. I've been transferred countless times and hung up on. How disrespectful for absolutely no reason. How do we go about reporting this company?

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was qualified with California Lifeline on March and received the first SIM card from Safelink. Then I called the Safelink customer support to port-in my number from the old carrier, an easy task that should take only few minutes to complete. The lady that was helping me did not understand or speak English well enough to be in that position. I had to repeat every word at least 5 times. I could hear the clicking on the keyboard as she was trying to type simultaneously, but for every line of information I gave her I did not hear more than 3 or 4 clicks. Then I had to repeat the entire line again and again. I was very frustrated since it was clear that she did not possess the ability to comprehend and type the information I was giving her. After about 3 long hours I heard her talking to another person but I could not understand nor recognized the language.

After consulting with the other person about 3 minutes it was decided that I need a new SIM card so she proceed with that and ended the call. I received the new SIM card and called in for activation and to port-in the old number. The exact same thing as my first phone call except it took only half as long or 1 1/2 hours. Then I was told that it's done and my cell it's going to be working normal with my old number in few hours and I was instructed to restart my phone a few times for the port-in to be finalized. Well I did, but no number got ported-in. I was very disappointed and decided to reinstall my old SIM card and called to pay for one more month of service when I was told, that my account is frozen because of the 2 unsuccessful port-out attempt and my number is lost and I need to buy a new SIM card which is going to have a new number.

I was devastated and confused. I called the Safelink customer support line for the 3rd times and this time the rep admitted that the other two who helped me had no idea of what they are doing, she apologized for their lack of knowledge and disastrous work, then she typed all the information and gave me a reference number for my case. She also said that I am going to receive a new SIM card in 2-3 days! And that was about 2 weeks ago!!

I was using my old number for nearly 6 years, and all the people I talk to, such as family and friends, as well as all the organizations that I conduct business with, like banks, credit cards, SSA and utility companies just to name a few, have been using the same number to identify me for about 6 years. It took couple of Safelink's untrained Reps just about 6 hours to destroy and totally wipe out. It was obviously crucial to port-in and keep my old number since I have set up totally paperless accounts and use internet to pay my bills, update my information, send and receive text and messages and etc... Etc. For security reasons I had also set up the two step verification method using both password and a verification code texted to my number. I have lost contact with the outside world and cannot even make a doctor appointment without having to go through dozens of barricades to be verified and prove my existence!

Original review: May 16, 2018

This is a company where you cannot speak to a U.S. Representative who you can understand what they are saying. Safe Link is SUPPOSED to provide free government service, however, myself and so many others are having the same problems I am having. You send proof showing that you are qualified, then they say you need more paperwork. This has been going on for months and now after an agonizing effort to get approved, I finally got the approval, told my free cell was on the way. I was stalled, hung up on and lies to whoever runs company? I called again and I was not going to get my free phone, probably never would, but I could buy one? What kind of government would this to happen? Online website showing government free service, so why is it I have to buy a free cell? And cannot get any help from a United States Representative or are the websites just more lies??? I have no order number.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have been with Safelink for about 10 years and never had a problem. When I asked for a replacement phone I got one in a couple of days without having to send the old one back first. The next time, I did have to send the old one back first. So I was without service for about a day, probably because some people were not sending the old phones back. Three days ago, I saw an Assurance Rep at the grocery store and signed up for Assurance because it was convenient to do so. Safelink ported my old phone number over to Assurance with no problems. The only thing I didn't like was trying to understand the foreign voices. I will see how it goes with Assurance and the new smartphone. My little ole TracFone from Safelink was rugged.

Original review: May 9, 2018

NO STARS!!! Absolutely atrocious company. Was approved for a Safelink Obama Phone Service in Chicago in a temporary room set up outside social services. I showed her my ID, Snap and SSI info and was approved immediately. I got the phone but sent it back thinking I only needed minutes. I have now have moved to another state and have been using the website to upload proof that I am eligible. If one letter or name does not match up on all items perfectly they will deny you. I have been trying to get another phone again for over a year through the website and they have no way of telling you where the popup stores are. Terrible! Frustrating! Especially for a disabled person!!! Shame on you!!! Apparently this is how they are getting out of giving people emergency phones that people like me need desperately. This after SS was able to reduce my check to $500 a month with a rule they "Made up" says legal aid.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Never in my life have I had to deal with such an incompetence, intellectually challenged, unprofessional, uncouth, useless bunch of people. They seem to intentionally hire the rudest and nonchalant group of people. I had zero service from the time I got the phone to the day I told them to cancel it. Absolute rubbish! Was told by a rep that I needed to go stand outside in order for me to make a phone call! Lied to repeatedly. Was spoken to like a 2 year old. If I could give them negative stars, I swear to all things sacred, I would.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Applied and sent ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, yet still rejected my application. You cannot speak with a live representative, there is no field to read the reason for rejecting the application, other than it states did not receive requested documents. YES THEY DID! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH SAFELINK!

Original review: April 20, 2018

Would you believe I have been trying since Jan, 2018 to get regular monthly airtime added to my account. Prior to that as far back as October I had to call in each month to ask for my airtime because it didn't automatically. Their excuse, my documents weren't updated. My computer name doesn't match name on documents. OK. The most horrible thing was listening to the reps laughing and talking about customers. They are rude as well as the supervisors. Nothing gets done. Is this how to treat people, handle a government account? These are our tax dollars. Is my account fixed? NO. I had enough. Just turn it off. Something needs to be done. These people are plain rude.

Original review: April 15, 2018

It took me 5 hrs over 3 week period to even get the phone working. Wanted to bring old phone number to new phone. It took 3 sims cards! Talking to people you cannot understand and I can't even call out! Looking at all these complaints I have been reading, I think a class action lawsuit should be brought about as they are being paid by the US government and not doing a good job, I cannot believe the number of complaints and no suit has been filed!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have been a recipient of a Safelink phone service for less than one year. My near worthless smartphone was dropped and broken in December 2017. I asked the usual question of whether I could get a replacement and they refused and said I had to provide my own phone. I got a cell phone from my daughter, an iPhone 5S that she has had and used till she upgraded and it still works fine. Of course the dimwit CS rep from some Nigerian location said it was a no-good. I know someone else who uses the exact model and it's fine. Once I got a flip phone from my son that is a TracFone and acceptable, the imbecile that answered the next call that I waited 1 hour and 08 minutes to talk to (or no, try to translate what he was saying, in a whisper no less) told me that the 2nd application that I sent in on January 18, 2018 was rejected because I checked boxes that were not required.

It has been 4 months of back and forth with CS reps who clearly do not understand what they are doing at all and this morning I checked my status and it is still pending due to rejected application. They were to send my another application in the mail, a month ago and it has not arrived. I have never in my entire life had any customer service dept that is as uneducated, unqualified, lazy, stoned on whatever herb or toxin that this nugget is smoking be left to handle customer accounts and being paid to do so by the government with MY OWN TAX MONEY!! Safelink is obviously taking funding and pocketing it since nobody can get their phone services to work properly and nobody can get any sort of reasonable answer to why their stuff is not fixed after months. I think it is time to report this place to whoever approves the funding to them and have them removed as providers for government phone services.

I tried to go thru Assurance Wireless instead and they refused me because they say it shows that I have an active account with Safelink, which I clearly do not. The criminals at Safelink are showing me as an active client however, and fraudulently. Here is a link for any of you who do not have a phone to use because of these cretins. I use it now and I am happy with my free talk and text service. If you have internet access you can call on free minutes and text unlimited at a link on your Android or iPhone - Textfree. They give you a phone number and they offer little 20 or 30 second videos that will give you additional free talk minutes for each one you watch. I got 100 minutes in an hour or so just by watching the videos. Hope this helps some of you.

If you don't have internet at your house just go to any place where you can connect and you can use your phone. I have been using this service for the past two months, and I am grateful. Safelink is a scam and I am reporting them to whatever agency that I can report them to. BBB is first on my list. Next I might go to our local news station and see if my pal who works there might want to run a little story on this cluster hump that is Safelink Wireless. TracFone might be interested to hear of this too since they are in bed with them and providing services. Good luck to anyone who has to ever deal with Safelink.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have had Safelink Service since 2015, with relatively few problems until February of this year, my phone was deactivated. I use my phone and that is not the reason why and no reason was given when I called, and it was reactivated. In March, I did not receive the minutes, I called and was told they reissued them, I still never received. In January I kept getting notices my service was ending, when I called I was told I was enrolled. In February I received the same messages, my service was ending, I called and was told that I needed to re-certify by 4/1, was not available, call back next week. I got this every week.

On 3/31, I was still unable to re-certify, but needed to be done by 4/1. I asked how do I re-certify, you will not let me. I was told I could purchase airtime with them to continue my service. If, Lifeline is a government based income program, why do I have to purchase airtime with TracFone? I cancelled my service. I was told it will be a year before I can apply with another carrier, because the plan with Safelink included data and you had to have the plan a year. It has been well over a year since the data was included, I did not ask for it and it was not used.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I began getting emails and text telling me that I would be having my service cancelled. I called and they said they did see any problems because I had a few more months on recertification and nothing had changed except my last name due to a divorce. I continued to get these texts saying they were going to cancel my service and called again. Again someone that barely spoke English and was hard to understand did not know why I was getting those and said on their side of the system things were good.

Well, today I have no service and their system is trying to force me to pay for the poor service I was receiving. I would not pay for it for all the trouble they had put me through plus I can prove I'm low income and have each year. I call this a bait and switch consumer fraud. I will no longer use this service and just borrow phones for a call to my doctor and let them know I no longer have phone service due to Safelink. This program is a fraud and if there is a problem, no one will fix it. The taxpayers should be furious that their tax monies are being wasted on this program.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I'm a person with low income and can barely payphone service therefore trusted Safelink as an alternative to have said service. After getting their services and using the smartphone provided, I'm receiving notices in my address box stating they will shut down my services unless I use their phone which I had for days after activation. I tried calling the number provided to contact their support but it redirects me to an adult service hotline. After using ANOTHER number I found their recorded message indicates I have to pay for said service even though I was told this was a FREE service with limited minute usage. This is a poor display and a sick joke to those with low income and who can't afford phone services. I feel like Safelink is playing pranks and taking advantage of such customers.

Original review: March 30, 2018

This is supposed to be a Lifeline provider. They send you a piece of ** phone, then when it gets lost or stolen, you have to go out and buy another phone! Worst Lifeline company out there! Stay far away from SafeLink!

Original review: March 30, 2018

This company should not be receiving any funds from the government. Their "customer service" is terrible. They are surly and uncooperative. I tried twice to get an application to renew my contract. They said they sent the applications but never did. My service was discontinued without my knowledge.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This has to be the most absolute worst customer service, that any phone company could ever have. I had Safelink Wireless for five years until it was time to recertify in Dec. 2017. I've faxed, mailed and uploaded my documentation and application to them four times within two months and each time that I check the status, it says pending, application approved documentation rejected. When I call customer service the representatives are rude.

I have to ask for a supervisor, just to try and get a understanding of what is going on with the status of my application. The representative (supervisor) tells me that she will approve my application status again and all I need to do is go online and upload the document and they will verify the information in no time. After submitting the documentation, I check the status in a couple of weeks and the cycles starts over again. It is ridiculous to provide such poor customer service to anyone. I've decided to file a complaint with the BBB and whatever else it may take, so that no other person has to go through this.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble trying to get a phone from this company. They kept saying I already had a device, which I didn't. They issued me a number, but never sent a device to activate to the number. Finally I got the Universal Service Administrative Company (the company appointed to collect data on customers that have a free govt phone and service) to help me with SafeLink. They called SafeLink directly in a 3 way call with me, to try to get it sorted out. SafeLink stated the only way I could have service is to bring my own device. When the rep with USAC asked what was the reason for me not to be able to get the free phone, the representatives didn't have an answer, but reiterated I could have an application for the bring your own device service. The USAC rep had to repeat the question several times. I am eligible for a free phone, but SafeLink refuses to send one.

I have no phone to bring and no money to buy one or I wouldn't need their service. No income is less than LOW income and SafeLink should be stripped of their rights for refusing to give service to qualified LifeLine customers while accepting Federal Funding to do so. Being in a rural area, there aren't choices of who actually has coverage where I live, so because of SafeLink's horrible service, I might not be able to get a phone for myself at all. I'd give them zero stars and would go lower if I could. By the way, the Better Business Bureau must be getting paid off. They have SafeLink Wireless as having an A+ in reviews.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I was with Safelink for 5 years and left a year and half ago when my flip phone started acting up. They sent me a replacement that was having the same issue, then a second one and after hours and days on the phone trying to resolve this issue I ended up forced to go with another lifeline company who at the time had a great deal by giving us an android phone that Safelink didn’t offer. A year with the company I went with that had great customer experience but poor 3g network. I decided to return to Safelink on January 3rd 2018. What a journey. 2 pages of notes, over 20 supervisors, and probably 40+ reps.. hours and days to get my enrollment id attached again that they never deleted. Now I’ve been on the phone 40 minutes on 2nd escalation on why the enrollment id does not still attach. I’ve done all you, Safelink has asked me to do.

4 ticket numbers last one being **...ticket number **, ticket number ** and many, many confirmation call numbers. Poor rep who just answered. Hopefully she can figure it out...why my enrollment is not attaching, now I find it’s because of my recertification…certification unsuccessful. A new one. Yet on the account on their end I’m enrolled and still pending. So this poor rep.. I hope will finally help me. Safelink is the best lifeline service as far as service and network but customer service is a whole different story and this service is fine until you have an issue then good luck with getting it resolved on 1-10 phone calls if you are lucky! I’m giving up after this! if not finally resolved. My last call confirmation after waiting 30 minutes for a second level rep and having to explain all for the 100th time.

Oh and I’ve been calling from my computer otherwise guess what.. My minutes would have been used up trying to resolve all this and since my enrollment id still cannot get attached I can’t get the monthly plan either. Go figure. I have two pages of notes front and back. Anyone like them? I’m not sure at this point if I send corporate a detailed assessment if they will even figure it out since over 40 reps and 20 supervisors have not been able to? Is it cause I left and now this is the punishment. Lol. No closure at this point except for a poor customer service, inconsistent...now I’m being told after all this I have to disenroll and enroll again. Well if I disenrolled over a year and a half ago and tried to re enroll on January 3, 2018 and the system did not let me online or with many reps... Why am I having to disenroll again? Now I’m told it’s because of regulations.

Ok she’s trying to do this for me today... I hope someone here takes notice so I don’t have to spend more time in an assessment to their corporate office!!! Her manager that there are options for me to disenroll and enroll but she doesn’t have access. It I have to wait till they.. So is they. Oh the administration office cancels my account which there is no explanation why over a year and a half ago it wasn’t when I formally left Safelink my account wasn’t cancelled. I fell in a loophole according to this rep and her manager no resolution. I just have to wait for administration. End of call. How long, who knows?

Wonderful rep but her hands are tied due to Safelink's administration processes... Confirmation call # today # ** not the rep’s fault. It’s the administrative dept of Safelink. Awful. Let me take it to prayer. It’s either this or get a lawyer! I lost very important calls last month due to disconnections also thru this process and not being able to get your plan! Safelink.. another lifeline company gets the same services you have. I guarantee you if you do not change your customer service administration you will lose in the long run! My advice to you!

Safelink Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TracFone Wireless operates SafeLink Wireless, which is a plan designed for people who meet certain income qualifications. Consumers who qualify for a SafeLink plan receive free cell phone service and can add minutes on a pay-as-you-go basis.

• Lifeline service: The Lifeline program was established in 1984 to help low-income families access telecom service. SafeLink’s plan gives qualifying customers cell phone service for free. Consumers may only enroll in one Lifeline program, but those enrolled in another program can easily switch to SafeLink.

• Features: SafeLink’s plans include caller ID, call waiting and voicemail. As long as the phone consumers select can enable these features, they are provided for free.

• Extra minutes: Consumers who need additional minutes can purchase a TracFone Airtime card. The company will automatically add extra minutes to these cards for free when they’re applied to a SafeLink account. TracFone Airtime cards are available at major retail stores.

• Customer service: Customers with questions or problems can reach a technical support representative from 8 a.m. to12 a.m. seven days a week. Those wishing to enroll or change their service can reach a customer service agent during extended business hours seven days a week.

• Qualification: Consumers who are not already enrolled in a Lifeline program can find information about qualifying on the SafeLink website. They can also submit required documentation and check the status of their application on the site.

• Best for: SafeLink is best for all those who meet the income requirements.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs