Safelink Wireless

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received a free California SafeLink cell phone 9 months ago now and just reading some of the negative reviews shocks me because for 9 months now I have had my free cell phone and I have had no issues with it. Works very well. I use it everyday, several times a day now, and no issues at all. I have been very careful with a protective case. I keep it charged. I keep it clean. I have never dropped it. It still looks brand new after 9 months of use & it still looks brand new out of the box. Some of the very negative reviews makes me wonder why do these free cell phone people are having issues? Could it be they cannot manage their life very well?

I have been a customer for Safelink for a long time and I was happy, but because I only received 500 minutes, I needed more minutes, so I decided to accept an offer of unlimited minutes and data for only $15. The problem was that I never receive the free minutes after that, although they promise me to return me the 46 minutes left over from March. I was supposed to receive my free minutes in May and I never did. I called customer services and they told me that they will give me the 500 minutes, but they never did.

I had to call again and this time, the technical support was able to fix my phone, because I wasn't able to make or receive phone calls. They told me that I didn't have to worry about not seeing my 500 minutes on the phone screen, as long as I was able to use the phone. I never thought that accepting an offer from Safelink will bring me this problem. Anyway, now I am able to make phone calls by now, I hope that I can continue being a customer.

Safelink owes me money for two cell phones I bought on their website; one was bought on Dec. 26, 2016-- would never turn on ($39.00). The second phone bought on Jan. 7, 2017-- barely worked at all, had very bad reception. When I finally could get through to Safelink one day-- had to use speaker and was the only "person" I ever got through to. I paid through PayPal and needed to know where to return the bad phones. Safelink NEVER got in touch with me--- NEVER has. I have written them FIVE LETTERS to them; wrote to the Attorney General of Maine and two other government agencies due to the fact that Safelink is paid for through the US GOVERNMENT!!! Safelink owes me $189.00 total. Anyone else out there who has been screwed over as I have???

Have been with them since 2007, different states, transferred service. I too received no text/call, to re-certify my Lifeline assistance. They dropped me like a hot potato! Recovery? I had to reapply. My nightmare started Feb. 2017. No internet, they mailed me their enrollment packet. WHAT A JOKE! From their Fax It Back- get your phone in 7 days (2 sent, two different fax numbers) 1 mailed in app, too many phone calls & phone cards bought at $19 a 60 min. card. And no their 611 was not free! Language barriers, etc. $90 spent I didn't have, to resolve what never was resolved.

This Corporation didn't even rate a star. Grew tired of Reps that put me on hold and never came back, lost fax excuses, lost app excuses. And hearing "invalid" checking my status. I only hope that Consumer Affairs, or the Government, will step in, and investigate this train wreck soon. Nothing stable or safe about you, Safelink Wireless. No recommendations, no doubt.

Never get my minutes on time. I have to call them which burns up more minutes. I get the rudest customer service person, who wastes my time telling me that I have already received minutes. As if I'm too stupid to see I haven't gotten them. Then I have to go thru the same code entry mode crap that I have already done, for this non-American English speaking person to tell me he can't understand me because I have an accent. OMG!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?

I do NOT know where to begin, I must stress to anyone who dares to even think about signing on with these bastards. My phone service will turn off out of the blue for no ** apparent reason, differently, NOT ON MY ** PART (ALL RECERTIFICATION PAPERS ARE ALL UPDATED PROMPTLY). I make sure of that cause a ** need this phone. Anyway, I am constantly having something going wrong with this service almost to the breaking point like nervous breakdown. I will not go through everything I went through, but I will say this, I WAS GIVEN A GIFT CERTIFICATE Visa reloaded card (FOR MY BIRTHDAY). You know the ones that you can purchase at a ** Dollar Store, or Dollar General wherever part of the planet you live. But, I'm CALIFORNIA SO WE GOT DOLLAR STORE.

So I was happy that my aunt got it for me with 100 dollars. US dollars on that **. So I decided to purchase one of them fancy phones. Sorta wanted to splurge on myself. Sorta speak you heard me. So I guess just thinking about it now my aunt knew I wanted a new phone cause I talked about this constantly but I was dreaming cause not one of my family have credit. Let alone any damn credit card. Cut long story short I called them, seen which one I wanted online, called Safelink and told them the model serial number. All the ** and mind you I'm talking to a person, a human. Now I reflect on the **, maybe a ** mutant, who knows.

2 weeks came and went. One month came and went. Almost 2 months cause I forgot. Nothing, the phone never came, I call these ** and guess what?? These ** don't have nothing in their database of me EVER ORDERING the phone. I almost fell out, real talk. It wasn't so much the money, it was just how restarted these people are. Oh my God, I hung up cause I couldn't I mean could not even stand the thought of hearing a voice that represented them (Safelink). Go on. Play with those people if you want ** service or whatever, but, me, I’m gonna go tomorrow to locate another carrier that specialize in my poverty situation. And I hope, I pray that I never see anything, a commercial, anything that will make me remember this god awful times in my life.

I spoke to 3 or 4 managers there and they do not comprehend anything either. Total waste of time. From that moment on, I came to terms of them being the most INCOMPETENT INDIVIDUALS I HAVE EVER EVER ** GOTTEN TO KNOW BECAUSE MY SERVICE WAS INTERRUPTED CAUSE OF SOME ** ERROR. I even told them, "Sure I like to surf the web looking for employment, but, what oh my GB aren't added to my phone cause you guys can't even give me my online service that I'm suppose to get cause that's what you offer." You know the new feature they say, "Now YOU CAN SEARCH the web cause we offer it." They don't even know how to wipe their **. HONESTLY!!!

SO I couldn't stand being on the phone any longer than I should with these people. I told them I didn't need the web on my phone cause he surely couldn't add this feature to my phone that I'm suppose to get - What does it take to take this contract from them and let them fold, what will it take??? One day your home with a family member that desperately needs medical assistance and you can't call cause of a ** ERROR OR some ridiculous reason, and you or a family member, or possibly just someone a stranger needs help! And they die or possibly yourself cause these bastards are incompetent. And shouldn't be allowed to own a fish. Let alone people's lives. I have to say this, AS A AMERICAN, I ASK YOU DISCONTINUE THEIR CONTRACT OR IN THE WORKING FIELD SAY, TERMINATED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

I have had nothing but trouble from this company for a year now. I have been dealing with them for 5 years, and at times they have definitely been "less than" average, but this year they have gone above and beyond that accountability. Last week, after waiting 23 days, as I chose to just purchase minutes in order just to have some, they still made me wait more than 48 hours in order to get them, even though I contacted them and asked for assistance. This week, I contacted them to get my minimum minutes, and it has now been approximately 36 hours, and unless I use the "if you speak Spanish key" I can't even talk to anyone, as they are "processing my request".

Meanwhile, while I take care of my father who has cancer and severe dementia, contact a good friend of mine who is receiving radiation treatment for cancer again, and need to contact another friend of mine who has cancer for the 6th time, I cannot use one text or make one phone call unless I use my mother's telephone. Ridiculous. I will immediately contact another company and they can receive the government grant for this program. DO NOT USE SAFELINK!! It is only "safe" for them... no one else.

I was 8 weeks without service because I was told I had to buy my own phone. After I brought my phone the following day to be activated I was told it would be activated in 48 hours. Well I called Safelink about 20 different times without success. I was given about 10 different ticket numbers for service to activate my phone. Finally I was connected to an American representative (by the name of Mark) and he turned my phone on immediately! What I did was called to by additional minutes, explained to them my situation and they connected me to an "American Representative". I'm giving this rating because of the service I received from Mark and not Safelink as a whole. Kudos to Mark!

I applied on Mar. 5 and it's now Mar. 28th. I keep seeing pending even though all paperwork was approved. When I call it takes forever to get to someone and then no one knows anything other than what I've been seeing. I've spoken to 3 different managers and each time was told it would be expedited. What is their idea of expedited? I've had to end up getting a minutes SIM because I don't have their SIM yet. I really can't afford this. But there are not many companies that do the bring your own phone. Had QLink but their phones are old and don't work, and when I asked about returning for another they said it would be the same brand. So I canceled them so I could use my own reliable phone.

I have health issues and need the phone, but Safelink could care less. You'd think they would put these through quickly with approved paperwork so they can claim the yearly money from the government. QLink at least had a phone to me within 5-7 days. I've contacted the state and left a complaint but nothing has changed. If anyone knows of another company that does bring your own please comment here.

UPDATED ON 05/02/2017: Unfortunately like last time I had to give 1 star when they're not entitled to any. Well, after the last phone call with a manager they sent me a "I'm not qualified" letter. I in turn called the state commissioner's office which handles this and made a complaint. I think I had put applied 4-5-17, but on checking emails it was actually 3-22. So the commissioner's office got with them and they said because the state only updates computer lists 1x a month I wasn't showing. I told her if they had checked the paperwork in a timely manner they would've seen this sooner and let me know instead of leaving me hanging.

I signed up with Tag Mobile that day. The next day I had an email approving me and said phone is being shipped. Not only that, when I called in I got right to customer service, not waiting 30 min + and going thru 15 menus. I'm impressed with Tag right now so we'll see. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO AVOID SAFELINK AT ALL COSTS. They are rude and don't care, cause it's a free service.

I have been transferred 4 times trying to get my phone activated and been on the phone for 2 hours. Ridiculous. If I have to hear someone say that they are "utilizing all their tools" in a accent one more time I'm gonna go crazy.

My service was terminated when they failed to notify me via text that I was due to enroll again. Instead, they notified me through a former address. That's fine. But since February, THREE MONTHS AGO, I have been trying to enroll again, to no avail. Tonight, I was on the phone with six different customer service representatives. Each time, after giving them the same information, they told me they were unable to assist me and that they would transfer me to a supervisor. Each time, I was placed on hold, and disconnected. Hell, the last person didn't even transfer me. Just left me on the line. And I did not go off on anyone, as much as I wanted to so bad! I understand that they are merely employees. But Safelink has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, worse than even Comcast! It seems that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with a supervisor.

I can only surmise that Safelink services have been discontinued for everyone who hasn't enrolled in time and they are purposely making it impossible to do so. I hate this company with a fiery passion and I hate that all customer service has been outsourced to countries that would seemingly piss on your grave, rather than assist you. The last three customer service representatives PROMISED me that I would not be disconnected. But what do they care? Once I do and call back, the odds of them having to deal with me again are very slim. Out of sight, out of mind, out of luck. I'll be glad when Safelink goes out of business!

After actually being a customer I can truly say the customer service was horrible, inexperienced and at times unknowledgeable on resolving even simple CS issues. Don't waste your time and energy. Free is NOT worth the headache or time wasted with this company.

I could write for hours about the problems that I have had with SafeLink. I have used this service for several years. I had no problems until recently. My purchased lifetime minutes were taken away. I have tried three times to upgrade to a newer SafeLink phone. Each time, after the phones arrived, I had to return them because SafeLink could never activate them.

I spent HOURS on the phone or with their live chat trying to resolve matters. I spoke with Customer Service reps who simply could not assist me. I had to return the phones at my expense. I spent about four days trying to get matters resolved. Each day I spent on average 4 hours of my time trying to deal with the "reps." I had to plead with one "rep" to give me back the 800 minutes that I had purchased. I was never given my monthly minutes.

I could go on and on! If you work with a LIVE CHAT "rep" or Customer Service representative, be forewarned. You will speak with them for hours and receive no satisfaction. Sometimes you get lucky and speak with someone who really does know what they are doing. Sadly, most "reps" have a broken accent making it all the more difficult to communicate.

I now am waiting for yet another upgraded phone to arrive. I have yet to hear from SafeLink as to when it is to arrive. If it ever does arrive and if they, once again, cannot transfer my number and activate the phone, I am done with them. I am disabled. I qualify for SafeLink. All the same, I will have to let my lawn overgrow just to be able to work with a reliable cell phone service provider and to have a decent phone. Good luck to everyone!

Updated on 04/11/2017: I just received a new SafeLink phone. I had to talk with a rep for about 30 minutes to have him help me activate it. The rep told me that they could not activate it themselves; rather, another company had to do so. The rep told me, initially, that I had to bring my own phone. I explained, repeatedly, that I bought the phone from SafeLink as an upgrade. He tried to convince me that SafeLink's website shows that one has to bring their own phone. Baloney! There is nothing on their site that indicates this; rather, they sell phones! I had to go through a bunch of rigmarole for him to, finally, ask for the IMEI number of the new phone. He told me that I did not have a SafeLink phone. Baloney, again.

He, finally, told me that he was going to send me a text and that I was to text him back a code number. Thereafter, he said that he would have the phone activated but, once again, that it had to be activated by a different company. I, repeatedly, asked him how long it would take to activate the phone. He told me that he could not tell me as it was up to the company that does the activation. Later on, as I kept pressing him to tell me how long it would take for my phone to activate, he told me in about one hour. Guess what? It is now about 6 hours later and my phone is not activated.

He gave me a confirmation number and told me to call customer service in one hour if the phone was not activated. What a lie! I asked how late customer service was open. He told me that they were available until 11:45pm EST. It already was 11:45pm!!! I pointed this out to him. He told me to call back tomorrow, April 11th, 2017. I am, essentially, saying that this rep was full of beans and continually lied to me.

NOTE: If I went with another cell phone provider and had to pay for the service, (which I cannot afford), a new cell phone provider will not transfer a SafeLink number. I had this experience with Cricket. Be very leery of SafeLink. They have very poor customer service. They will steal your minutes. This happened to me. I have tried, for the fourth time, to upgrade my phone with a SafeLink phone, ones that I bought from their website. Each time, they fail to activate the phone. I had to return three that I bought. It is my hope that I don't have to return this phone that I bought and received yesterday.

I have never tried to use ASSURANCE! Maybe I should! I am going to look into it. You have been warned! Be prepared to have a fight on your hands if you buy a phone from SafeLink. I just went to SafeLink's shop for phones site. It is not uploading. What a shame that the government pays SafeLink. Somehow, SafeLink is making money off of the government! I am so frustrated!

I find Safelink Wireless’ service helps to keep me in contact with my family and friends, as well as lets me check the news and keeps me informed on new and current events.

The phone from Safelink Wireless freezes a lot and I found other info on the phone that didn't belong to me. I deleted the information. It made me realize that when I get another phone I will make sure that everything is deleted and remove the sim card.

Have sent in what they requested for getting my phone minutes back. Have been on hold for 45 minutes with them. They said my account has been de-enrolled. Faxed what they needed but no minutes back. Dissatisfied very much with them. Dont recommend getting phone with them.

In February, my monthly minutes seem to dissipate. By February the 12th, the 500 monthly minutes, were gone. I had only made a few quick calls. Not being able to get any assistance; only a suggestion that I purchase unlimited minutes for 30 days, at the rate of $15. So I purchased the unlimited plan. The agreement stated that monthly minutes would kick in when the unlimited service expired; they didn’t. The representatives did not bother to look for the problem. Every representative, I spoke to on the 19th of March, gave me a different ridiculous excuse and no solution. I was hung up on, laughed at, and treated really disrespectfully. One representative told me to go get a job. The reps kept telling me, my minutes were on my phone; yet, I could not make a call. Then they started telling me I had to wait till the first of April.

Well the first of April has come. I have no minutes on my phone. After talking two three other reps, one took the time to see why the minutes would not load on my phone. It seems that the unlimited plan, suggested to me by the representatives, damaged my phone. This rep, put in an order for a new phone and assured me that I would be able to text until my new phone arrived. Well, shortly after that call ended, so did my ability to text. I called Safelink's technical support twice. One rep, took the number to call on a different line, so that he could troubleshoot phone. He never called. The other rep, told me, I had to wait for the other phone to arrive. So, I am a woman out here alone with no way to contact anyone. Isn't that the purpose of this phone service; so that no one is without a way to contact someone?

I discovered today, that there is no one in the United States to contact. They claim their corporate office is here. Yet, there is no way to contact them. We can only talk to representatives, in another country, that care nothing about respecting us, because, they figure there is nothing we can do about it. Furthermore, while they were treating me like nothing. Talking to me as though, I was stupid for even using this company. I'm guessing they feel that the United States government is stupid for paying this company for its service. Although, I may not need this service much longer. There are people, some elderly, that need this service. Why can't we have this service with a company that actually wants all this business, and treats their customers in that manner?

I called to get my number changed. It never happened even though they said it did. I called, they put me on hold for an hour and a half just to tell me it would take four hours to update my phone when they first said it would take five minutes. When I asked the rep for his name he refused to give it to me as I was going to file a complaint. He left me on hold for another twenty minutes without checking back with me just to say it would take four hours. Total rude inconsiderate waste of my time. Safelink sucks with a capital C and has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. You should hire people who can speak English and who have at least the slightest bit of literacy. Nice way to save a buck by hiring useless foreigners for ten cents an hour just to keep from paying minimum wage to people who can at least converse with a tiny bit of intelligence. I'll say it again... Safelink sucks!!!

I will keep it short to add to the 400+ 1 star rating, which is generous. I have never been treated so badly by a "customer support" group. For 1 thing they has no idea what it's like to live without a phone and low income. I was treated like a leper, lied to, basically called stupid and a liar of which I am none. When I ask to speak to a supervisor I got the same exact questions that they are obviously reading a book. Government programs should remain in the country manned by American citizens. It should never be a commission-based company that leaves room for the type of disorders activity that I am speaking of. When I ask to speak to a different supervisor this guy gave me a fake employee number and put me in limbo for almost three hours. I guess he thought it was funny.

I am handicapped and I walked 5 blocks in the rain with the Walker leaving my phone at home continue counting the minutes that I was on hold and I walk to a local business and used their landline. I explained my situation yet again and they were still reading the same book. I am completely appalled with the service and the phones that this company tries to prevent itself favorable to the American people who actually need this. This is Criminal as far as I'm concerned and I am ashamed that our government has not intervened to the terrible waste of tax dollars. It is not for the benefit of the people who need this. It only benefits this horrible foreign country. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this picture that actually makes sense.

They told me not once but 3 times "I'm sending you a phone." Call back in a week to get tracking number... a week later call back they can't find ** about tracking number or anything! Never got anything from these people!!!! They lie and I HATE LIARS! GO JUMP OFF A CLIFF AND DIE YOU SAFELINK!

Safelink Wireless is by far the most difficult cell phone provider to deal with. Their customer service is poor!!! I am pretty sure this company is committing fraud on so many levels and I hope after all these complaints of ripping people off and not providing the service they claim to prior to taking money from the customer someone at ConsumerAffairs investigates them. Safelink turned off my phone after it was activated for about 5 months. I had to redo my account three times and 4 month later they still have not fixed the problem.

They tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone & offer you no viable solutions except bogus meaningless apologies. They keep recertifying me for service then cancelling my service. They just did it to me again today, after sending me the wrong phone over the weekend, after lying to me and promising me a larger phone that I need because I am a diabetic & have a hard time reading small print & numbers. They're THE WORST!!!

I have had their service for about 3 years. Recently our service was interrupted, like a lot of the other complaints, we were told to re-enroll. We did. After not hearing back from them for MONTHS (we have a magicjack for emergencies - their service is just as bad) I reapplied, AGAIN. I physically wrote to them, photocopied the front and back of the card. It was as clear as day. 30 days later when I call to find out where my minutes are, I am told that my name on my food stamps card isn't readable. It is in HUGE black letters, probably size 16 font. I am told to fax it and I will get my minutes and reactivation in 48 hours. Well, if you fax it, you can not see the the card at all, it is blacked out. I am not sure why. I faxed it twice. I wait 48 hours and I call them back. Then they tell me this long story about how my enrollment # doesn't match, and that I need to email the card. I do. 3x.

I spend over 2 hours on the phone with them, about 4-6 representatives, at least 2 supervisors (Diane and Rosa - something). They all give me different information. They give me a new enrollment # and when I call back after 'getting disconnected' they said that the # isn't associated with me... It is someone else's #?! WHAT! So I am thinking that it is time for a class action lawsuit. People are always complaining about 'freebies' and we try to explain that this may be free, but we aren't even getting the service, when we do it sucks. And after 3 emails claiming they couldn't view my attachment and when I cc'ed myself the emails, I could see the attachment, AND the last time I put the picture INTO the email and they still claimed it was wrong (this time they said the enrollment # wasn't mine). I think they are still making money off the government grants, someone needs to nip this in the bud. They are obviously taking advantage.

I have used Safelink since 2009 and I have had many, many problems and NOT 1 time has Safelink helped me solve any of them! I had thousands of lost minutes, phone constantly goes to Internet and charges lots and Safelink will not help! Most people, including myself, have to call Safelink but they don't tell you that to call them FREE. You must dial 611611 to get FREE help with them instead on their website. They have numbers but ALL cost you minutes and they enjoy talking and placing you on hold and in the END NEVER HELPING!

I worked many decades and became disabled and needed the free service but Safelink gets paid by gov't! My disability requires a larger phone, which Safelink has but they will NOT give me one! My hands are swollen and it's very hard to dial! My phone is a $3 phone that ALWAYS uses up minutes mysteriously and Safelink does NOT CARE! When I can, I'm applying to Assurance... My fiance, now passed, used Assurance and not once had any problems but anything has to be better than all the negative issues with Safelink! I don't want to rehash all the many issues, for they are too numerous, but just to say that Safelink is the absolute WORSE phone service I have experienced! Shame on them for taking advantage of those who are in desperate need for help!

Please don't use Safelink. Was on the phone because in the last year they have taken my minutes away. I am disabled and need my phone. They are suspicious, asked to file complaint, kept repeating they need to check information. Spoke to 3 people. First they said I needed to recertify then they said I needed to send in information. Next they said I had 2 phone accounts but yet could not tell me which accounts and they said they could not look at my phone history that would show that I only used Safelink. They are very suspicious. Don't have any concrete answers. Blame me for the problem. Will change. Too much stress and they are very sneaky.

I got an updated phone from who I thought was SafeLink and it turned out to be Quality One whose customer service is the same as SafeLink, TracFone, Straight Talk basically all cheap phone companies. The worst phone that I ever bought and they won't replace even with the same brand. Bad service throughout the entire company. I was on the phone with them over three days. The first two days it was a total of 16 HOURS then online for the last two days. There needs to be some kind of remedy from companies like this. Do I need to sue or am I just grasping at air... PLEASE HELP ME. I'M A DISABLED SENIOR CITIZEN AND CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANY LONGER!!! They do not even deserve the one star you made me give them!!!

I recently decided to switch to Safelink and purchased a phone. For the last 3 weeks I have been on the phone for 2-3 hours a night and my phone is still not completely activated. There is an obvious language barrier, but it's manageable. The problem is the reps have no clue what logic is. They go through a checklist and at the end or if you ask for a supervisor, they transfer you and you start back at step one with a pretend supervisor. After you do the same checklist, you get transferred to yet another pretend supervisor and so on. There is no way to escalate any problem. I have been trying to activate my phone for over 3 weeks now and there is no end in sight. As soon as my texts start working, then I can't make calls. My calls get fixed then I have no texts and so on.

It's now been 7 nights of 3-4 hour long calls because they have my texts somehow configured to Tracfone instead of Safelink. They keep telling me I need to buy airtime in order to text even though Safelink has unlimited texts. How can they make you buy airtime to use your supposedly free lifeline? My only option is going to be to fight to return the phone I paid for and cancel the service. There is absolutely no way to escalate an issue, even if your phone isn't activated after 3 weeks. If they can't even activate a phone, how can they even be in business? How can they billing Uncle Sam hundreds of millions of dollars but not even do what they bill for? The entire companies budget must be spent on officers, accountants, lobbyist and lawyers. There is nothing spent on customer service!

I am writing this for my sister, a Safelink Wireless victim. She has had their services for about 3 - 1/2 years. In the beginning, it was OK, no issues. Then, my sister lost the phone on her mobile home somewhere. We had a replacement sent from Safelink that worked well, after 20 hours of tech calls, for a year. Then, it stopped working. Calls to their tech disaster got all sorts of bad tech. Then, they stated the phone we had been using for the year was listed with them as "stolen" and the computer shut it down. We got that straightened out, with a new phone on the way, never arrived. So, more tech time, seems they sent her replacement to Louisiana, she lives in Nevada.

Finally, a replacement phone got here, an LG 108C, which has been another nightmare, as this is a refurb. Well, it wouldn't do anything but go to voice mail, couldn't figure it out. Finally, last week, I find the phone is shutting itself all the way down, which Safelink then diverts to voicemail. yet 5 more calls to Safelink, one waiting for over 2 hours for someone to come on the phone, 3 of their hang ups, one contact. I find that Safelink will not replace their own non-functional phone, because they just sent that one to her, and it is refurb'd, and could not possibly still be defective.

Since my sister is 84 years old, on a very tight fixed income, and that I have to do all this stuff for her, we are both livid upset with Safelink, with NO resolve in the future, only being told we are stupid. The phone cannot literally shut itself all the way off by itself, we MUST be pushing the wrong button. Well, I sat there and let it run, then, watched itself shut itself down, three times over 7 hours, all different lengths of time, all by itself. Tomorrow, I try to find a reputable company to supply her free telephone services, Safelink simply ain't the one.

It's been almost a year now since I received a different Safelink phone and I do not receive my monthly minutes. This is each and every month. I am tired of wasting a friend's minutes to call and argue with foreigners that tell me that I'm lying, my account has been deleted, my account was never updated and whatever else they decide to make up as they go along. I have even tried to re-certify but was told it wasn't time yet. What is going on with you and what happened to the online chat choice? NEVER had any problems with my first Safelink phone and I had it for several years. I can't help but think that this is some form of terrorism on your part.

I qualify for a phone with these folks, but when I call it takes them 30 minutes to tell me I already have a phone with them, I can absolutely not convince them that I do not have a phone with them!!! I have called them 8 times and every time I get to the part where they tell me I already have a phone, they give me another number to call which is the same number, very frustrating and I am wondering if they have gave my phone to someone else and do not care and they are just plain crazy. They are ripping off the govt. No wonder the U.S. is broke!!!

Compare Prepaid Phones