Safelink Wireless

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Please don't use Safelink. Was on the phone because in the last year they have taken my minutes away. I am disabled and need my phone. They are suspicious, asked to file complaint, kept repeating they need to check information. Spoke to 3 people. First they said I needed to recertify then they said I needed to send in information. Next they said I had 2 phone accounts but yet could not tell me which accounts and they said they could not look at my phone history that would show that I only used Safelink. They are very suspicious. Don't have any concrete answers. Blame me for the problem. Will change. Too much stress and they are very sneaky.

I got an updated phone from who I thought was SafeLink and it turned out to be Quality One whose customer service is the same as SafeLink, TracFone, Straight Talk basically all cheap phone companies. The worst phone that I ever bought and they won't replace even with the same brand. Bad service throughout the entire company. I was on the phone with them over three days. The first two days it was a total of 16 HOURS then online for the last two days. There needs to be some kind of remedy from companies like this. Do I need to sue or am I just grasping at air... PLEASE HELP ME. I'M A DISABLED SENIOR CITIZEN AND CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANY LONGER!!! They do not even deserve the one star you made me give them!!!

I recently decided to switch to Safelink and purchased a phone. For the last 3 weeks I have been on the phone for 2-3 hours a night and my phone is still not completely activated. There is an obvious language barrier, but it's manageable. The problem is the reps have no clue what logic is. They go through a checklist and at the end or if you ask for a supervisor, they transfer you and you start back at step one with a pretend supervisor. After you do the same checklist, you get transferred to yet another pretend supervisor and so on. There is no way to escalate any problem. I have been trying to activate my phone for over 3 weeks now and there is no end in sight. As soon as my texts start working, then I can't make calls. My calls get fixed then I have no texts and so on.

It's now been 7 nights of 3-4 hour long calls because they have my texts somehow configured to Tracfone instead of Safelink. They keep telling me I need to buy airtime in order to text even though Safelink has unlimited texts. How can they make you buy airtime to use your supposedly free lifeline? My only option is going to be to fight to return the phone I paid for and cancel the service. There is absolutely no way to escalate an issue, even if your phone isn't activated after 3 weeks. If they can't even activate a phone, how can they even be in business? How can they billing Uncle Sam hundreds of millions of dollars but not even do what they bill for? The entire companies budget must be spent on officers, accountants, lobbyist and lawyers. There is nothing spent on customer service!

I am writing this for my sister, a Safelink Wireless victim. She has had their services for about 3 - 1/2 years. In the beginning, it was OK, no issues. Then, my sister lost the phone on her mobile home somewhere. We had a replacement sent from Safelink that worked well, after 20 hours of tech calls, for a year. Then, it stopped working. Calls to their tech disaster got all sorts of bad tech. Then, they stated the phone we had been using for the year was listed with them as "stolen" and the computer shut it down. We got that straightened out, with a new phone on the way, never arrived. So, more tech time, seems they sent her replacement to Louisiana, she lives in Nevada.

Finally, a replacement phone got here, an LG 108C, which has been another nightmare, as this is a refurb. Well, it wouldn't do anything but go to voice mail, couldn't figure it out. Finally, last week, I find the phone is shutting itself all the way down, which Safelink then diverts to voicemail. yet 5 more calls to Safelink, one waiting for over 2 hours for someone to come on the phone, 3 of their hang ups, one contact. I find that Safelink will not replace their own non-functional phone, because they just sent that one to her, and it is refurb'd, and could not possibly still be defective.

Since my sister is 84 years old, on a very tight fixed income, and that I have to do all this stuff for her, we are both livid upset with Safelink, with NO resolve in the future, only being told we are stupid. The phone cannot literally shut itself all the way off by itself, we MUST be pushing the wrong button. Well, I sat there and let it run, then, watched itself shut itself down, three times over 7 hours, all different lengths of time, all by itself. Tomorrow, I try to find a reputable company to supply her free telephone services, Safelink simply ain't the one.

It's been almost a year now since I received a different Safelink phone and I do not receive my monthly minutes. This is each and every month. I am tired of wasting a friend's minutes to call and argue with foreigners that tell me that I'm lying, my account has been deleted, my account was never updated and whatever else they decide to make up as they go along. I have even tried to re-certify but was told it wasn't time yet. What is going on with you and what happened to the online chat choice? NEVER had any problems with my first Safelink phone and I had it for several years. I can't help but think that this is some form of terrorism on your part.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?

I qualify for a phone with these folks, but when I call it takes them 30 minutes to tell me I already have a phone with them, I can absolutely not convince them that I do not have a phone with them!!! I have called them 8 times and every time I get to the part where they tell me I already have a phone, they give me another number to call which is the same number, very frustrating and I am wondering if they have gave my phone to someone else and do not care and they are just plain crazy. They are ripping off the govt. No wonder the U.S. is broke!!!

I was issued 350 minutes and 400 MB of data on 3/1/17. On 3/2/2017, all my monthly minutes and all my data was wiped out and reduced to 0 each. I spent 3 hours on the phone with customer service and all they can do is put me on hold and apologize but they refused to replace the missing minutes or data. They said that they are generated automatically by the system and there is nothing they can do to replace my data or minutes. I spoke with 3 different representatives who confirmed to me that the minutes and data have already been issued on 3/1/2017, and they cannot replace all lost data and minutes. Very frustrating and poor customer service. This is supposed to be the government program for low income folks who can't afford phone service. What a bummer!

I got my phone and the battery wouldn't stay charged so I called them and they sent a new one to me. It goes dead twice a day and I don't even use the phone that much. I'm going back to Assurance wireless. Besides that it says no service all the time. This phone is the worst piece of crap and the service is even worse.

As with most of the reviews I have read here I have had the same experience. So I will not ramble on with repetitive information that is already listed by others. I am disabled and applied for this service when it came out so that when I went somewhere alone I had a way to call for help if I fell or something happened. I never used it for meaningless calls. It was strictly for safety so I could remain independent. They apparently decided that all subscribers in the states needed to be moved over to a 4g LTE service. However minutes would no longer roll over and you had to BUY a new phone or use an existing compatible phone. Ok, I call to find out how I use a phone I already have and was told to go by a BYOP kit for Tracfone.

I go buy a kit only to find out after opening it that it only works with 3 services and NOT on the phone I got. The phone I was given was locked and not able to be unlocked properly for it to work. This was after my 3 hour wait on hold for some girl to tell me I needed to go buy the kit and activate it. Sooo I call them back to say the kit does not work and they had no idea why it didn't and that I needed to go back out and buy a compatible tracfone. At this point I am wondering why a FREE service funded by the taxpayers has me BUYING stuff for this new service they are now going to offer. I get to the store read the phones (they aren't cheap either) and on every box it says that the phones are NOT compatible with Safelink.

At this point I am really frustrated so I borrow my son's phone to call them from the store. Again a long wait, get a customer service rep who tells me... "That means nothing they work just call us when you have bought the phone." I already had done my research and know that the phones indeed DO NOT work with safelink. Tracfone has NO idea how the program Safelink works. They are outsourced workers who have no ability to talk to people in a civil, decent manner. They have no idea how the phones work themselves. INCREDIBLE!!!

At this point I am so livid I come home, call them back and ask them what to do now. I had exactly ONE day at this point or I lose service and all my minutes I had saved from the years I had kept the phone. They were so rude and ignorant to me that I told them just cancel my phone! I like many others think that the government should demand any funds back that have been paid to tracfone by safelink over the years! Not only did most of the representatives I spoke with not understand much English but they scammed our government out of so much money.

If whoever set this program up knew about all of this it would be interesting to know how much of the money used was placed in the pockets of Safelink CEOs. I saw no reason for people on fixed incomes to have the absolute NEED to have a smartphone. In this program a basic phone for everyday living would be all we need. Government programs should provide for necessity/need not luxury.

I've used Safelink for years without any major problems. Until recently that is! Then they changed to new plans in December. I also started using a Verizon smartphone. Nothing but problems since. They keep deleting the 4,800 minutes I had accumulated. I have to call customer service 100 times and spend hours on the phone to have it reinstated. Also the texting doesn't work half of the time. Outgoing texts fail to send and friends tell me I don't receive half of the texts they send me.

I've been calling customer service for five weeks now and they never fix the problem! They are clueless morons and have no idea how to communicate. They keep telling me to turn the phone off and back. Checking by bars of signal etc. blah, blah, blah. They keep you on the phone literally for hours! They tell you they need to escalate the call to a higher department but never do anything but ask the same questions over and over and over. They've sent me new SIM cards, Nothing fixes the problem. It's obviously a technical glitch in the way the phone is provisioned because the phone worked fine when my brother used it on Verizon. I'm pulling my hair out. I just need a phone that works properly or I have to go elsewhere. That's all!

The registration for the phone was simple and easy, however, my phone never arrived and was apparently stolen from the mail. I immediately contacted Safelink to notify them to conduct a trace with the postal service and in addition to initiate a claim. I thought simple enough, I'll have them send another phone and that should be an easy process. What a nightmare, the company has absolutely no customer service, trying to keep my cool with their supposed customer service was a tough task. The first time I called the supervisor deactivated the account, if someone stole the phone it wouldn't be any use to them.

The operator told me to re-register the account and they would be able to resend a phone. Long story short... I was told everything from call your government to getting hung up on after complaining. I finally gave up after a month of trying to square away the problem. I even mailed a letter to the Safelink address in Florida and still nothing. I have no other recourse than to be without a phone until I can afford one on my own. I don't normally need assistance like this, but the company should be reported for fraud. I have even attempted to register with another company for a temporary phone and cannot because I am listed as utilizing a phone program.

Applied with Safelink November 2016. Was approved December 2016 after all the information and verification. Phone was never sent. Called back and was told that first they ran out of phones then they said they no longer service my area in Minnesota (That was a Lie) and so-called supervisor said this. So I went through Assurance, did application, sent proof and called today February 20, 2017 and they said I was denied because I have service with Safelink (WOW). So I called Safelink and they want me to do a whole new application. Though they said I was approved but unqualified and he couldn't tell me what the hell that means. But once again other free wireless services saying I have a account with them.

I honestly believe the employees or someone is doing something illegal in this company. Someone needs to check this because we give them too much personal information and they are using it for self. Time to get to the bottom of this. Will be contacting an attorney to find out who really runs this business that's getting our personal information and approving us for phones we never get. Don't they know I'm poor. I can stand winning a lawsuit. Please help.

I am very disappointed in this phone, I have tried everything to get this phone to connect to the service but it has not worked. Even the Tech Support didn't know what to do! They sent a new sim card and it still would not connect. Apparently their cell phones are cheap, worthless and of course made in some other country. I should have expected this of a government funded program. I talked to at least 5 people to get help from the helplines. NOTHING WORKED. I was promised someone would call back but if they did, I must have missed it! I would like to talk to the head of this program and tell them how terrible this government funded program works. They don't seem to care whether the service is working as long as they collect the payment from the government. This program is failing to provide the service they are receiving money for. Sound like a scam, well, maybe!

For years I had Safelink wireless with no problem then this year with no warning my minutes were not right. I had 9,100 minutes. I called, they said they were having a problem with the site so I called every day for a week them telling me it's going to be fixed then they tell me that their new thing was only 500 minutes a month. "How can you do this?" I said. "Not even a notice?" I think that we need to sue this company starting with a class action suit. Nothing good about this company. I am sure nothing will get done and we all will get screwed.

After being on a call for 35 minutes, hung up on TWICE, TRANSFERRED THREE DAMN TIMES I STILL did NOT receive the HELP I NEED! YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS! Dial the phone, for Technical Support press __, I press __. Technical Support is full of ** so they can't help me, they tell me "I need to transfer you to our Manager's dept". UM WTF is a Manager's Dept. Ok fine they transfer me... Mgr ends up telling me "this is OUT OF MY RANGE, I need to Transfer you to some other ** department!" OMG Seriously?! Ok fine. I need my phone activated.

"USELESS Department how can I help you"... "I need my phone activated." Ok give me THE EXACT SAME INFORMATION YOU JUST GAVE THE LAST TWO PEOPLE YOU SPOKE TO! OMFG! "Oh I'm sorry I need to Transfer you to TECHNICAL SUPPORT!" "Um I spoke to them the first time! I want to speak to a supervisor!!" "Um I'm sorry jennifer all of our supervisors are on calls!"

You all suck, have horrible customer service and have no clue how to help people! F you I want my ** phone activated! Um I spoke to them the first time! I want to speak to a supervisor!! Um I'm sorry jennifer all of our supervisors are on calls! You all suck, have horrible customer service and have no clue how to help people! ** you I want my ** phone activated!

I've been a Safelink Customer for years. I've never seen a Company get away with robbing the Federal Government like they have. 4 Months ago they changed everyone's plan across the United States to 500 Minutes a month deleting everyone's rollover Minutes. I alone had over 2 Thousand Minutes at the time that were taken. These Rollover Minutes were paid for by the Federal Government but were still deleted. Can you imagine how many minutes were deleted across the United States from every Government paid for phone from 3 different carriers Safelink is in charge of and the Government has done nothing about this. I filed a case with the FCC about this and was told that my minutes would be reinstated until April, April of what? This April or April of 2018? Safelink never made it clear.

Every month since they have deleted my minutes and left me with 5 Hundred Minutes. So I have for the last 4 months had to call and spend a minimum of 2 Hrs just about begging these Bandits to reinstate my Minutes. It's enough to make your head Explode. The Federal Government is letting Safelink Wireless Take the American Public to the Cleaners and have done nothing about it. I just do not understand how (Consumer Affairs don't pick up on this). Safelink is in charge of 3 different phone carriers, can you imagine the money the Government has paid them on behalf of the American Public only to see Safelink delete all the paid for minutes.

Let's talk about the Customer Service, the worst ever. You can't understand a word being said, you are just jumped around from one person to another or left to wait at least an hour on hold. Safelink is doing this on purpose just so you get sick of the fight and give up. (Tell me Consumer Affairs when are you going to inform the Federal Government about this and do your job?) To buy 2 Thousand Minutes it would cost close to 2 Hundred Dollars, that's what they are trying to take me for. Imagine the price tag for all the Minutes Deleted from the 3 Cell Carriers Safelink is in charge of. We are talking about at least a Quarter of a Million Dollars and that's just a guess.

DO YOUR JOB CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND HELP THE PUBLIC WHO CAN NOT AFFORD A CELL PHONE OF THEIR OWN. At least inform the Federal Government they are being robbed. I have called Elisabeth Warren's office many times, it's like they could care less. Safelink and it's Management should be in Federal Prison, not left to be in charge of 3 different Government Funded Cell Phone Companies. Do something.

I'm not sure I'll have enough room as I'm still shaking from my experience with them in the last few months but tonight was the icing on the cake. I have had this program for 3 years. Never had a problem. I broke the phone and a new one sent over the summer but have since moved from that address. Still no issues until November when I received my minutes and the next day when I went to make a call the recording said I did not have enough funds to use phone but could still text. I called customer service, woman was great replaced minutes. Then December comes 24 hrs after minutes are received once again, gone, just used text, because I was in the process of becoming homeless, and the phone was last priority.

Now January received minutes 24 hours later again gone, now I need phone to get the help myself and I so desperately need and "Ivan" tells me that I must not be hanging up after I make a call cause at 44 years old I guess I don't know how to push the giant red button. However when I told him my texts weren't working he said that they were unlimited and should work. Told me to dial *22890 and it would be fine. Well it didn't work. So in frustration I just left it alone until a few days ago when I knew new minutes would be added. Still not enough funds and texting unavailable. So I called at 3 in the afternoon they gave me the same *22890 ** and told me to wait for minutes to be added in a day or two. I of course knew that my minutes are always put in on the 29th or 30th, person didn't want to deal. I called again. They told me to call from different phone. If I had another phone would I really deal with this... Not!!!

Friend came and I called at 6 pm after 4 representatives, Jewel, Arnie, Jose, Movie, who had me turn phone off and on 15 times, dial the pointless 22890, had me make 28 outgoing calls just to hear that "there was a problem processing your call." They then so kindly gave me a supervisor. Who again made me run through the same ** again. "Oh we added *73 to the mix." Still can't call, still can't text and finally she gave me her professional opinion on why it's not working. She told me that it is not working because I am in a different address than where the phone was activated. After me laughing thinking she was joking she was very serious...

I said "please don't insult my intelligence, I may need help with a free phone but I am well educated which is more than I can say for any one person there." I asked her what cell towers were for and said "you mean to tell me that you are trying to say I can only use the phone where it was activated. I'm only one town over, it's not like I'm overseas..." Without a response I told her that I will definitely take her senseless illogical advice, get in my car I don't have and go to the home I just lost due to death and call her from the driveway since that's her solution... Are you serious!!! I'm beside myself right now. I was hoping as not one speaks clear English that I misunderstood but nope she was serious... Wish I had a different option because I really can't handle this game anymore???

Ordered a Alcatel phone from Safelink Wireless and it came with no battery. Called customer service which said they would send a battery ASAP. The arrival date was on a Thursday. It is now Saturday and still no battery. I have called these people days in advance just for them to tell me they have no tracking number or no whereabouts about the battery. These people are total liars, con artists and just plain stupid. Do not deal with Safelink Wireless unless you want to be conned out of your money which is $9.99 for the phone and $9.00 to ship it plus $1.37 sales tax. Go to eBay for a more sensible deal.

In general, my luck with Safelink has been OK... that ended today. I received an email stating I had five days of service left. My only question was, "What do I need to do to make sure this doesn't happen?" The first rep after almost an hour disappeared and I was put in the queue to wait for next rep. I recently moved and (Helen) stated my address doesn't exist. She spoke too quickly and being in New Delhi, India English is a foreign language but our American gov't has a contract with a company that outsources customer service. Hey! Maybe if they hired individuals whose first language is English it wouldn't cost so much in people's time.

Anyway, after 2.75 hours on the phone Helen comes up with she can change my address but I must provide proof I get mail here but it must be a utility bill. The bills are in my boyfriend's name. She says that isn't acceptable, it must be in my name. They won't even accept my mail from social security or the state of Arkansas. I even received a package during this time which I found very funny since my address doesn't exist according to this incompetent corporation.

The customer service people were RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL, ARGUMENTATIVE and the list goes on... I WILL track down who to file a formal complaint with. I took Helen's employee ID number and will hunt for Safelink corporate phone number. Just because I have a "free" phone doesn't mean I should have to speak to a non-American that works for pennies and is incompetent to boot!! I wonder if "free" is worth the time spent, the aggravation and headache.

I agree with all of the previous reviews. Over one month ago purchased a smart phone and paid extra as compared to other sources to purchase from Safelink as I mistakenly thought it would simplify the process. I was sent the wrong SIM card and then sent an additional five more incorrect SIM cards, my old phone could not be reactivated. I have been on the phone for approximately 100 hours trying to correct this problem, to no AVAIL. I have been transferred and cut off more times than I can say. You cannot understand the reps, they don't know what they are doing, they even lost my minutes. All said and done 30 days later I do not have either my old phone or my new Smart Phone and am battling for a return label to return this SmartPhone. Worst customer experience of my whole life. Stay away, run away. Go without a phone or just purchase an inexpensive prepaid. Not worth the benefit.

I received a TracFone from Safelink, and I have been trying to get it activated for over two weeks. I have talked to probably ten different people. First I had to get new sim card then got it activated. Made one phone call, then the next day terminated? I've been calling, keep getting transferred, being told wait 48 hours. I call. Still don't have service.

Today I call. I've waited 72 hours. Transferred three times, at this point, the last rep I talked to had the nerve to tell me to get glasses or a magnifying glass to give him information, Victorino rep. He was very rude, kept telling me I was being recorded. I said good because I didn't appreciate his comment. I am disabled and I still don't have a phone. Having to borrow one. I have no phone. Again wait 48 hours and then give pin if I wanted to talk to supervisor and I will be calling tomorrow. As far as this phone I hope people has better service than I have been having. I'm very disappointed.

Due to a bankruptcy after a failed business, I qualified for Safelink in California. I received a phone that was of such poor quality speakers were inaudible on it, and during conversations, if I removed the phone from my face to look at another screen, the phone wouldn't register the motion and so would remain on the energy-saving dark screen unless I disconnected the call. Nor would the phone allow modern app usage - like Google Maps. The motion sensors were so primitive the phone would get stuck between screens and wouldn't respond to touch interface.

But I can understand that a government-sponsored phone might be bare-bones and consumers would have to sacrifice contemporary functions in exchange for the free phone. If the "smartphones" the program is giving out (consumers can't choose the phones we receive) are of such toy-like quality, though, the company/program should consider giving out higher quality standard phones (meaning actually useful devices). What I found humiliating and unforgivable was the customer "service" associated with this program. I've had cell phones for 20 years, and never before has a company's appalling service come close to Tracfone-Safelink's.

It took me weeks of daily phone calls to the company to get my service activated, even though I'd already been approved. Then, once service was activated, it would become deactivated within 24 hours. I'd have to call back Safelink/Tracfone to get them to reactivate services, but they never had in their system information from the previous call. So I'd literally spend hours speaking with agents. And I'd regularly catch agents giving me inconsistent information about services and connections. When I ask to speak with a supervisor, I'm literally told there aren't any. I cannot understand why the customer service is so horrible. You're always connected to a non-English (primary) language call warehouse where it's as if you need a TEFL certificate just to communicate, and then most of your simple questions go unanswered or the answers you get are unintelligible.

Today, despite my making at least a half-dozen calls a month on my phone as evidenced by my phone's call log, I got a message on trying to make a call that the phone had been disconnected. Mind you, I'm supposed to have access to texting as well as voice, but texting has never worked through the several months I've been with Safelink, and despite my letting every customer service agent know.

After sitting with an agent for nearly an hour as she documented my problems and explained, over and over, why I must have access to texting (never once actually acknowledging what I was sharing that I've never had access to texting on the phone), she gave me instructions to wait 24-hours and try the line tomorrow. What a waste. It won't work tomorrow, like it normally doesn't work the next day after an agent documents the problem. I'll call back, wasting another hour or more of my day RE-explaining everything to another inept agent who'll do/say the same things today's agent did.

Safelink is a fiasco. And worse, taxpayers are paying for it. No modern company I've interacted with in the past 15 years has offered such consistently poor, unprofessional service apparently devoid of any accountability. Both Safelink and TracFone should be deeply ashamed of themselves. I will never, under any circumstances, buy a TracFone emergency phone. It's nor worth it to have access to a "Safelink" (name's an irony) line that disconnects randomly throughout the month and reliably fails to provide services you're supposed to have and therefore depend on ("Safe"link). I'm just going to stop using the phone. After five months trying to get it to work, it's clear the administrators don't care that it doesn't. All TracFone cares about is getting the US government taxpayer subsidies. They certainly don't care about the customers.

I have two TracFones. One is Safelink and one I pay for the minutes. TracFone/Safelink have the accounts crossed without my consent and I have repeatedly called in to get it fixed and all I get is yes it's fixed and then find out it's not. I have several ticket #s for it to be fixed and it never was. I would not recommend having more than one phone with this company. Safelink is a good idea but the hassle is not worth it.

I called several weeks ago to cancel a phone that my ex (who is a Safelink rep and had put fraudulent information on the application) ordered. I never received the phone and by the time I called to cancel the phone they had already sent it out. I asked that the phone be cancelled, so I could reapply. I don't live at the address that she had the phone sent and I don't talk to her any more. I was reassured that they would cancel the phone and I could reapply in two or three days. I waited and tried to reapply and it keeps telling me that I already have an application started. I really need a phone so I can put the number on job applications.

I must say it was the worst experience I've ever had as far as customer service. It took three days to not get cut off after hours. I was on the verge of tears. They should not be eligible to provide this service. After days they connected a new SIM card and still failed provide my minutes. It's unfortunate that the government feels it is ok for people to go through this. Most cannot even be understood. They switch you from department to department cutting you off every time, then you can go through the whole thing again. I can tell you after all this I still don't have my minutes. After over an hour on the phone, I have knots in my stomach at the thought of calling again. Please do something!

They are worst of company ever. Gov phones - they need to stop giving people free phones that don't work. Their customer service is the worst I ever came across in my whole life. Offering people to upgrade their phones is a lie. People there do not know how to do their jobs.

My cell phone Safelink is damaged and starts the odyssey of trying to get a new one. The story is long: According to his instructions I bought a cell through TracFone that never served despite the many calls I made. In the end they told me to give it back. I went to FedEx and it turned out that I had to pay for the shipment. It lasted almost a month making calls trying to make the cell work. I will not continue to make failed attempts. I will lose the cost of telephone, taxes and $10 of additional data I spend. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

My service was shut off with no explanation or warning. Never contacted me with a complaint. Having a impossible time getting it turned back on. I am a disable veteran and this situation has caused extreme daily problems. I have called them on friends phones but the waiting time is prohibited when on a friend's phones. Tried everything I can think of to locate their email. The chat contact was useless. Tried to find out where I can go to meet a rep of theirs in person. Again no info.

My husband has Safelink. The other company that he had which was Care Wireless Cellular opted out of the program. He's really never had any problems with his phone. Customer service is outsourced by many cellular carriers. The person who said about the government phone is that it is not issued by the government. It was a program set up by the government with carriers so if you have any problems it's not the government it's with the carriers and you must remember that the phones that Safelink has are better quality than for most other companies.

Yes it is hard sometimes to talk to a customer service rep because their English is really not that clear but overall we have had really no problems just as he said. Keep it on for 7 days after the first of month to get your minutes. Also make sure it is charged. And the one nice thing about Safelink is that if you need more minutes you can use TracFone Top-Up cards and that is really good. So that's all I really have to say this.

Safelink Wireless is nothing to brag about. They promised 250 free min a month and unlimited texting. I have never received min. From day one I received 17min and now as of 11/23/16 I have been stopped on my texting so I have no phone when I have no job, get food stamps, no car, my electricity has been off for many months. I feel that I been screwed out of this so called help to help the needy. Also I could not get any reception in the middle of town. Maybe I should start a protest on this.

Compare Prepaid Phones