Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Safelink Wireless Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Buying time was great but the network that they have me on stopped 3g service. This program is government funded that came with a free phone and 500mins 3gb of data. Getting mins no data and they want me to buy a upgraded phone.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Handset is a tiny LG candy bar with a 2" (two frakkin' inch) screen. BTW IT'S 2020 NOW SAFELINK, toss YOUR smartphone in the trash and see how YOU like it pendejo. They say I have voice, text, & data. Text works great (apparently they haven't figured out how to FUBAR it yet). Phone not web/app capable for my data... OOPS. Voice drops out/in at random BOTH directions on 9 out of 10 calls. Tech support says I need to call back on another phone so they can test the one they gave me???? WWhat OTHER phone??? I'M BROKE DINGLEBERRY. THESE PHONES ARE FOR POOR PEOPLE EINSTEIN!!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Tried to switch to Safelink. Customer Service was no help. AT ALL. Stopped trying to apply by phone and sent in paper applications twice. A Significant amount of time was between both. I got no response from the first application. I called and I was told they never received it. Months later applied again by application. As I type this complaint I have heard nothing from safelink. I started the switch in early 2019. Up until now February 7, 2020 I have no phone service that I've tried to apply for.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I called to disconnect my phone because it was stolen. I was told I could reconnect within 72 hours. When I called back, I was told it would take 1-2 months for the enrollment process. I was told by employees in Central America and India that I should be grateful to have free phone service. My tax dollars from when I was working my whole life are going to foreigners who say I should be grateful for what I have.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Customer service 0, Tracfone 10 so far. I switched lifeline providers because Tag Mobile was not giving me the promised data. At its best I got 500MB full speed LTE, then slow slow data speed after that usually never reaching the 1GB limit. SafeLink is supposed to give me 3GB data at full LTE speed. Maybe, but I'm skeptical so I've connected my iPhone (buy your own phone if you get Lifeline wireless service or you'll get one of their godawful ~$50 smartphones) to my PC as a modem. It worked as soon as I activated the phone, so I'd recommend Tracfone if you have to pay for service, but it seems Mint Mobile beats all the other mobile virtual operators. If you have SafeLink I wish you well, there really aren't many good Lifeline wireless providers. The whole program is a wreck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I recently had to cancel my service with Safelink since I cannot use their outdated phone due to my progressing nerve damage disability. I shake constantly and it takes me 5 minutes to send/reply to a text message. (I am on SSDI, have my Notice of Award from the SSA etc). I have been a customer of theirs for going on ten years now and just wanted a smartphone (which all new customers, many of my friends included, receive) so I can speech-to-text. Maria at Option #6 (or Chrysall or whatever name she uses... she gave different names at different times) gave me the runaround for 2 weeks, always giving me a different explanation for what I had to do in order to receive a smartphone.

She finally said I had to make a call from a 3rd party phone to start the process. I contacted my HUD housing supervisor with my Enrollment ID (she has my other personal information obviously as well). After a few transfers, she was eventually told my account didn't exist and was hung up on. I called Maria back (whatever name she used this time) furious on how I told her to expect my housing supervisor's call, yet she was treated as such. Maria then told me that I missed some deadline and was not eligible for an upgrade... which made me furious as to the lengths that I had already had gone through and the time I wasted for myself and my housing supervisor.

I know that many customer service representatives can come off as stupid, but Maria was beyond dumb. It's not a case of not knowing how to do her job, rather, she is clearly retarded and should not be dealing with the general public at all, let alone be in customer service. The only thing I would recommend her for is an appearance on the Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethon. Maybe then she would get enough money raised for her to get the necessary treatment that would help her remember her own name.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

They are obviously contracted in India or some other country because when talking to customer service the reception is very bad and we can hardly hear each other. Plus, every person I talk with has a heavy accent that makes communicating even harder. I’ve been trying for months to get my lifeline service reactivated and they keep rejecting my application. I never get any notice that it’s been rejected, I have to go through the long process of calling and waiting to get through to someone. Each time they tell me the info I submitted wasn’t sufficient. First I needed to submit 2 months of income, then 3. Then I was told I need to submit my tax return. Today when I called I was told I need to submit my last 4 months of income. I told them, "Never mind, I’m tired of trying." The service was horrible anyway, lots of dropped calls and my texts rarely went through. Horrible company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have an Alcatel phone that was a replacement of a flip phone that I was told I had a year too long that I got no notification to replace after it had wAs worn out. It started about 6 months ago when it wasn't charging right. I figured out the the inside charging tab in charging port was coming down. I was told it was because of the cord I was using. They didn't want to hear anything about the tab coming out so I let it go and got another cord. It still was happening to the point of having to have it in awkward position to charge and has fallen numerous times and cracked the screen from trying to charge it. Now I am there is nothing they can do about screen or port because phone is not warrantied. I also have noted that battery charge carries to point of one time says over 15% then it's shutting off and when I restarted has over 20% and it's cold out so it's not the heat.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I would definitely give them zero stars if I could. Their customer service is deplorable. They find excuses not to provide their customers with phones and is being compensated for proving appalling service and it seems like no one cares. Their competition at least provide phones and replacement phones while they are on warranty.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The approval process was easy and phone arrived in a timely manner. However, the phone lasted less than two months and they do not send replacements. I can see many others had phone issues as well.While qlink does not replace phones, either, my phone from them lasted two years or more. Avoid Safelink unless you plan on bringing your own phone and never requiring customer service!

Safelink Wireless Company Information