1.20/5
Based on 104 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

624 Safelink Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 30, 2018

This is supposed to be a Lifeline provider. They send you a piece of ** phone, then when it gets lost or stolen, you have to go out and buy another phone! Worst Lifeline company out there! Stay far away from SafeLink!

Original review: March 30, 2018

This company should not be receiving any funds from the government. Their "customer service" is terrible. They are surly and uncooperative. I tried twice to get an application to renew my contract. They said they sent the applications but never did. My service was discontinued without my knowledge.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This has to be the most absolute worst customer service, that any phone company could ever have. I had Safelink Wireless for five years until it was time to recertify in Dec. 2017. I've faxed, mailed and uploaded my documentation and application to them four times within two months and each time that I check the status, it says pending, application approved documentation rejected. When I call customer service the representatives are rude.

I have to ask for a supervisor, just to try and get a understanding of what is going on with the status of my application. The representative (supervisor) tells me that she will approve my application status again and all I need to do is go online and upload the document and they will verify the information in no time. After submitting the documentation, I check the status in a couple of weeks and the cycles starts over again. It is ridiculous to provide such poor customer service to anyone. I've decided to file a complaint with the BBB and whatever else it may take, so that no other person has to go through this.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble trying to get a phone from this company. They kept saying I already had a device, which I didn't. They issued me a number, but never sent a device to activate to the number. Finally I got the Universal Service Administrative Company (the company appointed to collect data on customers that have a free govt phone and service) to help me with SafeLink. They called SafeLink directly in a 3 way call with me, to try to get it sorted out. SafeLink stated the only way I could have service is to bring my own device. When the rep with USAC asked what was the reason for me not to be able to get the free phone, the representatives didn't have an answer, but reiterated I could have an application for the bring your own device service. The USAC rep had to repeat the question several times. I am eligible for a free phone, but SafeLink refuses to send one.

I have no phone to bring and no money to buy one or I wouldn't need their service. No income is less than LOW income and SafeLink should be stripped of their rights for refusing to give service to qualified LifeLine customers while accepting Federal Funding to do so. Being in a rural area, there aren't choices of who actually has coverage where I live, so because of SafeLink's horrible service, I might not be able to get a phone for myself at all. I'd give them zero stars and would go lower if I could. By the way, the Better Business Bureau must be getting paid off. They have SafeLink Wireless as having an A+ in reviews.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I was with Safelink for 5 years and left a year and half ago when my flip phone started acting up. They sent me a replacement that was having the same issue, then a second one and after hours and days on the phone trying to resolve this issue I ended up forced to go with another lifeline company who at the time had a great deal by giving us an android phone that Safelink didn’t offer. A year with the company I went with that had great customer experience but poor 3g network. I decided to return to Safelink on January 3rd 2018. What a journey. 2 pages of notes, over 20 supervisors, and probably 40+ reps.. hours and days to get my enrollment id attached again that they never deleted. Now I’ve been on the phone 40 minutes on 2nd escalation on why the enrollment id does not still attach. I’ve done all you, Safelink has asked me to do.

4 ticket numbers last one being **...ticket number **, ticket number ** and many, many confirmation call numbers. Poor rep who just answered. Hopefully she can figure it out...why my enrollment is not attaching, now I find it’s because of my recertification…certification unsuccessful. A new one. Yet on the account on their end I’m enrolled and still pending. So this poor rep.. I hope will finally help me. Safelink is the best lifeline service as far as service and network but customer service is a whole different story and this service is fine until you have an issue then good luck with getting it resolved on 1-10 phone calls if you are lucky! I’m giving up after this! if not finally resolved. My last call confirmation after waiting 30 minutes for a second level rep and having to explain all for the 100th time.

Oh and I’ve been calling from my computer otherwise guess what.. My minutes would have been used up trying to resolve all this and since my enrollment id still cannot get attached I can’t get the monthly plan either. Go figure. I have two pages of notes front and back. Anyone like them? I’m not sure at this point if I send corporate a detailed assessment if they will even figure it out since over 40 reps and 20 supervisors have not been able to? Is it cause I left and now this is the punishment. Lol. No closure at this point except for a poor customer service, inconsistent...now I’m being told after all this I have to disenroll and enroll again. Well if I disenrolled over a year and a half ago and tried to re enroll on January 3, 2018 and the system did not let me online or with many reps... Why am I having to disenroll again? Now I’m told it’s because of regulations.

Ok she’s trying to do this for me today... I hope someone here takes notice so I don’t have to spend more time in an assessment to their corporate office!!! Her manager that there are options for me to disenroll and enroll but she doesn’t have access. It I have to wait till they.. So is they. Oh the administration office cancels my account which there is no explanation why over a year and a half ago it wasn’t when I formally left Safelink my account wasn’t cancelled. I fell in a loophole according to this rep and her manager no resolution. I just have to wait for administration. End of call. How long, who knows?

Wonderful rep but her hands are tied due to Safelink's administration processes... Confirmation call # today # ** not the rep’s fault. It’s the administrative dept of Safelink. Awful. Let me take it to prayer. It’s either this or get a lawyer! I lost very important calls last month due to disconnections also thru this process and not being able to get your plan! Safelink.. another lifeline company gets the same services you have. I guarantee you if you do not change your customer service administration you will lose in the long run! My advice to you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I am not understanding why I can never talk to anyone!!! The phone keeps hanging up!!! Nothing is free! This service is some **!!! If I could I would give ** zero stars!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Signed up for a free phone end of October 2017. I was told I can keep my old number and have unlimited data and my phone won’t get disconnected until my old number get transferred to SafeLink. But my old phone number stopped working in 10 days. And after 3 weeks, and 3 sim cards, They still could not let me keep my old number. I had no phone for next two weeks. Finally I had to settle for new number and phone started working for two months. But no unlimited data.

After two months (In December 2017) it stopped working. They never created ticket number, and keep giving me ticket number and told me to mention the number when I call. When I gave number, they do not have any record of that number. After 3 weeks and two sim cards and many phone calls they sent me another phone and sim card with another number. Did not notify me that I have new number. I called at least 25 times and I told the story when I called your company that how my phone stopped working and all to fix the problem.

February 11th, 2018, my phone stopped working again. I guess it will take again 3 weeks to get a working phone. They put me and my life in a great deal of danger, gave me emotional and physical pain, and suffering. I am continue to be in danger, and emotional and physical pain and suffering as I am keep getting feeling that every month or two I have to go through all this. My body started developing anxiety and stress in deep level. I am planning to sue this company and hope some of you will join me.

Updated on 2/12/2018: Today 2/12/2018, Patricia called from CA Public Utilities. She said my phone should not be disconnected. My Lifeline account is fine. They don’t require to do any updates. I should get 2 GB, but I get only 1 GB. Patricia said she will send a letter to their corporate office and they will have 20 days to reply to CA Public Utilities and me explaining why it's happening. Please, everyone, file a complain to make our future best.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

It took eight phone calls, with numerous cut-offs during phone calls, to get my phone working again. It was deactivated without reason. If I want a defective phone replaced, I must pay for it even though I notified them within the warranty period. They sent me the worst phone - buttons that malfunction, and an old-style phone with tiny, tiny buttons that are difficult to read and press. I am not elderly, but middle-aged and somewhat myopic, and they have twice refused to send a phone to accommodate my eyesight issues; or even the issues with the phone itself.

As to the deactivation, who knows? They don't seem to have a clue. I have made more than the minimum phone calls required. I was told I need to reactivate, but when I did that, I was told my reactivation wasn't due for months. Hours spent on the phone got me service reactivation and a replacement phone on the way that is exactly the same model I have been having problems with - a phone that harkens back 12 years in the technology. Ultimately, if I want a phone I can read and use, I need to shell out pocket money. If I do that, it will be when I can switch off this rip-off service. What a surprise that the government has contracted with the most expensive and least consumer-friendly cell service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Had become a Safelink customer, signed up through one of their Booths & would buy Data from them on a regular basis. Ordered a replacement phone through their 1800 378 1684 number, because the phone they gave me, was not working anymore. Called today, to find out why it had been 3 weeks and I had not received my phone yet and they start asking, "Did you buy the phone?" That is Switch & Bait tactics, now they are pretending the phone conversation I had with the operator on their 1800 number Never Happened. I don't know where that order number is, I have no idea and will likely take some time to find... This goes back to the importance of writing things down and putting them in a place, where you remember. I don't like how they charged me, that is Dishonest. I don't even think, it's worth the effort to look for that receipt, knowing what their tactics are now???

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

First of all let me explain SafeLink is own by the richest man in Mexico so he could care less about all the problems people in the U.S. are having. He is making a ton of money off our government. He pays people in one of the foreign countries maybe a dollar an hour. Beware NEVER give personal information to someone on the street or coming to your home for free cell phone services. Do it online either at home, the library or a government office ie. Welfare, senior services or any local office of government.

That being said this is my experience with SafeLink. I wanted to switch services so I called SafeLink after being switched to various people someone who I thought knew what they were talking about told me I had to cancel my old service (Assurance) first which I did. So I call back to get new service and they tell me they can't give me service because it's still in the system that I still have service on Assurance and I have to wait 48 hours for it to clear the computer system. I worked in computers my whole life and that is simply not true. If you pay for something online it goes through right away. After arguing with this person for a few minutes, half understanding me I said, "Ok I'll call back". This was after being on the phone for over 1 1/2 hours.

So I called back a couple of days later. 1/29/18 another 2 hours and they tell me I can't get service. Turned back on until March 3 because I wasn't on the old plan for a year, something they could have informed me of in the first place. The only reason I wanted to switch is because I can use my old phone from MetroPCS which has a bigger screen and a lot more memory for storage than them pieces of crap that they give you but I can't afford the service anymore. I am so pIssed. Now I don't have any service at all cause I can't go back to Assurance. Once you quit one service you have to wait a year to get that service turned back on.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I guess I should expect this problem out of a state/federally funded program, but here's my dilemma... I have had a lot of troubles this year, & Safelink is just compounding it. I was due up for my re-certification (a.k.a. annual verification) over three months ago, & finally got a hold of my enrollment number so I could go through the movements of re-certifying. The method I used to get my phone in the first place was sending in my SNAP approval papers over the internet. Anyhow, the ** hit the fan with SNAP around the holidays (2017 into 2018) and needless to say it's right when I'm due up for my SNAP re-determination (my due date was Dec. 15th 2017 to get benefits for Jan. 2018). I'm still waiting for my approval from the ** state of Illinois.

I scanned and sent photos of my actual "Link" card and submitted it, as the directions on the website said that was an option as proof to still be eligible. I did all of this when I had 13 service days left, and as of today I have 2 service days left!!! I'm getting no correspondence by e-mail or paper mail. Does anybody know whether I'm going to be without a phone in the next couple days? Am I approved, or not? If not and they don't renew my service, can I still buy my own minutes & continue to use my phone? Anybody's help in giving me a straight answer on these things would be IMMENSELY appreciated, as without this phone I will be cut off from all communication!!! I NEED TO KEEP THIS PHONE GOING AS I CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY FOR SERVICE like I used to. PLEASE HELP!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Customer service is terribly horrible. Been with Safelink for over 8 yrs. They cut off my service for no reason multi times. Since this new incident in November 2016 I didn't get minutes. Had to speak with 4 diff people that day. Then Dec came. Still didn't get minutes for that month after they told me my yearly enroll was taking care of. Then here come December. No mins. Talked to 3 different people that month that again assured my account was good. Then here come January same thing. This time spoke w/ 7 people on the 1/3/18. The last person apologized for the experiences I had with rep and supervisors putting me on hold for over an hour because I escalated because no one seems to know what the hell to say or solve problems. They even (rep and supervisors) even hung up in my face.

Ok that last rep added mins then promise me I should have no more problems. I thought that was hope. But today I found out my service was off for 2 days of not receiving calls. I tried to call out today 01/28/18 and my phone was off. Called and rep was transferring me again to multi people. Just say I was on phone with them for over 2hrs with the same dept but with different reps and supervisors. I started out nice then after the 4th person I was cussing and I'm not a cussing person. It took me out of my character, I felt bad I acted that way but I was furious. The last supervisor told me to deal with it and wait 7-10 business days until my new enrolling get approved or buy mins. First of all if I won't buy mins from a lousy company, I'll go elsewhere. Please if you need a lifeline phone for free mins I would not recommend this company. (Maybe they all are like that in customer service?)

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Safelink turned my phone off. Said I'M not a customer! Yes I am, few days before had just added airtime, also now they have turned off my email. Hire and train your employees correctly. So irritating. Plus we get charged for calling them for help. That's unheard of!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I called the Safelink Wireless and asked the status on the process of the phone and line and see if it's approved since last time they told me it was approved but send us documents copies of 'social security and Medicare cards' so I said all right I'll fax those and they told me to call them back in a week and check up on the status.

So I called and the customer service sucked because I was on the phone with John and he Hang-up so I called back so I can talk to someone and complain about the customer service and how these people don't know how to do their work. So I talked to another John, so he was a manager or something so he tells me 'the application I filled out was wrong. The name of the last name is wrong and the date of birth is wrong' so I told him, "How did that happened when you guys has all the informations in the system."

It's not the first time, or how come they didn't catch that mistake when they re-opened new account which was for the third time and anytime I call you guys always asks me for different documents and blah blah so he said, "We can just re submit application again for the 4th times". So this stupid **. Been going for months and it seems like they're just wasting time on people and they have zero customer service. They suck. They don't know what the heck they're doing or going on, all the customer services are lost because they all say different things. It's just sad how they treat people and their system sucks. Hope that will help another person with this kind of problem, not to go with the same problem I did. It's headache. Rude, and waste of time.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I qualified just over a year ago for a free phone due to loss of everything - had a really bad year. First I received 350, then 500 free minutes, but due to my circumstances I was not always able to have more than one phone, so needed more minutes. Since getting this phone, I went through a health crisis which qualified me for disability, which I still receive. I just lost my car and job a second time since I moved to my current location. Since 500 minutes were not always enough I started adding unlimited each month myself. There always seemed to be confusion between getting free minutes and my added unlimited.

Well I started to get out of the blue messages about not being able to make calls. This would occur even when I had unlimited, and would add for thirty days. I would tell the reps even if I no longer had the plan for I should still have free minutes to prevent not being able to make calls. Well, in the past two weeks I again experienced the message of cannot make calls. I could in the morning but when I needed it again later to get picked up at a store I was not able to make calls again, ended up using phone at the store.

I called once home and was told to turn the phone on and off, that I had unlimited until Jan 26 2018. So I did this and it worked. Well, again today seven days later I was talking to someone and my phone call was cut off and again I got the message, "You cannot make calls" when I tried. I spoke to four different reps, one told me I had to Jan 26 to try to turn it on off. The next guy wanted to troubleshoot the phone and told me in 5 minutes to try and make a call then call him back in 10 mins.

The next girl was all over the place with her response. First I was told I used 980 minutes already two days before this occurred. Then I was told I had not had unlimited since Sept which was false. Then I was told I was on a 750 min plan for a year. I told her no one ever told me 750 it was always 500. I kept telling her so far each rep was telling me something different.

It finally escalated to a supervisor who kept repeating, "Your last unlimited plan ended December 26." You started 750 minutes in first Nov then it was Dec probably because I told her I should have accumulated many free minutes since every 30 days for several months I paid unlimited. Even though I had unlimited in Dec she said I used my 750 free minutes as well??? She told me I already used my 750 for Jan, so now I don't have minutes for the rest of the month. Even despite all that happened up till then no one ever apologized for faulty info, or even tried to remedy the situation.

Now I'm without a phone to use. I was never told I was getting 750 minutes in Dec. The rep I spoke to Jan 2 should have told me this instead of that I had unlimited till the end of the month so I could make sure I had enough minutes. But he didn't and the responses I got showed a lack of caring for the customer. I have no car, or other phone to use and have a chronic health issue and due to the lack of proper service on their end I am stuck for two weeks without minutes or a phone. What treatment for someone who mainly paid and rarely used their free minutes. But I realize the state things are in nowadays so I am not really surprised at this. It is what it is, which is too bad. I do feel for those who have real hardship or health problems that have to deal with this type of response. Need much endurance at this time. No stars out tonight. Getting another phone elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I got an offer thru the mail for Safelink phone service. I was way more than eligible so I got it... The first few times I called Safelink, I got people who seemed at least marginally interested in what I wanted to know. Now? They truly act like the hate us for calling them! The accents are incredibly lovely but unlistenable. Wherever they are from? They hate us. I need a new phone last year (my number FOUR stopped working). And when I called into activate that new phone? I lost ALL of my minutes, I had almost 8k saved, cause I was trying to accumulate them to use on a trip. Plus, I was never able to get online with it, despite the assurance that I could. I've kept it because I figured, "Hey... It's free! What the heck!" Well, now I need a phone for my job. I ordered a phone, and paid for it, over a week ago, It's 'ready for shipment" but no one can tell me what it's waiting for to be shipped. This is not an isolated anecdote.

The bottom line is, the customer service with Safelink is the absolute worst that I've ever had to deal with... I know it's a free service for us, but the REPS must get paid, right? I mean they are certainly not doing that job out of the goodness of their own hearts, right? So, after reading DOZENS of reviews, why has nothing been done about this company's abysmal customer service? I mean there is NEVER a manager there, and if you ask more than 3 questions, the rep 'accidentally" hangs up on you! Who can we write to?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Safelink cancelled my phone service saying that someone had applied for another phone in my household. This is not true. After many many frustrating phone calls to them, I was told this information comes from a database. This database is for all free Govt phones. Safelink, Lifeline, Assurance, Q link etc. I found the database number and when I called it, I chose option #3, which is for consumers. However, upon choosing that the automated system told me that they do not interact with customers and to get in touch with my provider. So I called back and chose option #1 instead which is for providers only. It worked! I spoke to an actual person here in the U.S. She then transferred me to the Universal Service Administrative Company.

This company works to make sure everyone has access to service, including hospitals, clinics in rural areas, etc. They were also extremely nice and told me that my number had been inadvertently switched to Assurance Wireless from Safelink and that the problem would be resolved. Just wanted to let everyone know about this database, how to access it and what to do if you have been cancelled through no fault of your own. The number is 877 524 1325. Good Luck!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

In Dec 2017 my uncle did not receive his minutes. He is not only disabled. He cannot read or write. I take care of all of his personal as well as financial things. He gave me his phone, I went online only to see that his account was cancelled. He uses this phone everyday. I didn't cancel it and he certainly didn't either. I immediately called Safelink and after too many automated questions I finally got a person who didn't speak very good English. I explained the situation and was told he would have to re-enroll, that the computer had a glitch and cancelled his account. They would send a letter for him to sign and turn his phone back on. It is Jan 10, 2017. As of yet he did not receive a letter.

I called again today. Finally got a person who again couldn't speak good English and then she transferred me to yet another person who told me they were in South America. Again I explained everything, gave them the old enrollment ID and the new one which when I go to safelinkwireless.com says it doesn't exist. She could not resend the letter. She asked to fax it. I gave my home number which is connected to my printer/fax and then she told me it would take 5 business days to get the fax at which time I would have to re-send all of the enrollment qualifications which I had previously sent once again. I asked, "Why this just couldn't be re-instated" and was told they couldn't do that. She kept repeating the same stuff over and over again. When I asked what happens if I don't get the fax in 5 days (because I'm certainly not going to trust them) I was told I would have to call again!

I am so sick and tired of getting people in other countries who you can't understand and don't know what they are doing. I tried to search for a Safelink corporate office hoping to find a supervisor or manager number of course that doesn't exist. So he still doesn't have a phone, I'm at the mercy of these people whose only answer is to re-enroll and send in verification. Something is very wrong with this! All I want is for this to be fixed so I know that my uncle is safe and has a phone to use if he is in an emergency situation. I am so disgusted. If I were rich I'd buy him a phone and put him on his own account. However I am not so I have to be subjected to people that are not from this country answering my questions and their incompetence in dealing with this situation. IF you have another alternative use it because this company is useless!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I called to find out why my phone service had been shut off. I was given several wrong reasons why. Such as I hadn't used the phone in a month. Which was wrong. I use every day. In a course of 14 days and 8 different people I spoke with. They would not turn my phone back on. 10 days ago after having a heated conversation for an hour and a half. A manager of a manager named "Jorgete", which I doubt. Finally told me to wait 7-10 days and that she would take care of the issue. Today is day 10 and not a single person could find the conversation that I had this person. I spoke to 6 non English speaking people today. All could only say they were sorry and that I needed to reapply.

Mind you it is not my recent time and not my fault of why they disconnected the phone. I am 44 year old women. I feel awful for someone who would not be savvy and elderly to not be aware and fight for their right. I am beyond disappointed in this company. The idea of it is great and offers a great e at program in need. Sadly not maintained in the USA, so the value of customer service is not there. I would not recommend this program to anyone. I plan to write letters to my senators to inform them of the acts that are being performed.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

When I call ID says I'm Carlos **. I am not him. In over a yr including replacing the phone I am still Carlos **. I cannot get into my Safelink account. I never know how many minutes I have. My minutes mysteriously disappear around the 20th of the month. Get different information every time I call. Been disenrolled 3 times I. For no apparent reason.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

On 11-01-17 I was due an allotment of minutes. Based on Government issued eligible person. On callback to expect an automatic issue amount. I inquired on an automatic issue of minutes that was disregarded. I had to replace my debit/credit card payment. Because I needed the phone minutes and data. On 11-15-17 that 500 minute package data was purchased on credit. It was suggested that minutes were low. That an additional amount of min. purchased would remedy the problem with unlimited usage of like before including data. On 11-21-2017 call up to inquire about unable to access mobile data. It was missing from the plan. The employee had mis-informed me. Claimed she helped.

I had rather had my November free min. for no charge. Especially, it was their error to begin with from beginning. That date followed the 11-21-17. I was basically explained that they can attain your credit card information (1x) and purchase of their choice. Alter what you order. I felt I was/is a victim of Safelink's employee deception. I was stuck with that scar. That fact I was still shortchange of Gov. benefit regardless. Safelink frauded my card usage. That's wrong. Explained on 12-21-17. The employee at Safelink don't comprehend word usage literately. Where or who monitors mis-use of Gov. funds that involved into Safelink program. Reference no. - **. Use Gmail to communicate.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

The SCAM I noticed was my data disappearing. Considering I use an Xfinity account most of the time, I thought someone was somehow hacking my phone and using my service. There isn't Xfinity hotspots around sometimes, but why use the data when I have wifi? The first month I let it go. It's not unusual on a phone the first day or two because of software updates. I started to notice something kind of fishy when waking the screen. My phone would have the downloading icon in the notification panel. When I pull the dropdown to see what was downloading, it would stop and vanish, never giving me enough time to catch it. I realized it couldn't be updates after about five of their disappearing acts. Unless all the buzzards of the world were channeling bad luck to me and the download would finish the split-second window of time it took to pull the drop-down menu. I rooted my device so i could look a little deeper into it.

It turns out there were auto-downloaders pre-installed in the carrier system folders. I speculate they are getting paid by the app devs for each download. It is one thing to use our IMEI for their scams, but our data too!!! COME ON NOW!!! From the other negative reviews, I assume they stepped up their game and started a black-market ring with some of our services. From the other reviews I noticed the ones who were told they didn't do whatever lie it is at that time (hence the denial of service) in time are all elderly people. I am still a youngster but I'll never make the mistake of underestimating my elders. Most may not have pep in their step, but they have vast amounts more knowledge up there. More proof of their stupidity.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I contacted SafeLink Wireless today as directed on 12/11/17. I had recently contacted SafeLink Wireless because I hadn't service since 11/2017, due to purchased plan I purchased. Which they stated my monthly benefits on 500 minutes and unlimited text, would start at the end of my purchased minutes expired, I purchased a unlimited plan 10/26/17. Today 11/14/17 I spoke with a customer care manager who was so rude I got out of character. I was told on the 12/11/17 that I would receive a new phone in 2 business day.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

This company needs to improve or be shut down completely. The problems I have experienced while my service is suppose to be active are an inability to send or receive text, unable to place calls or receive calls, and no data. It takes several hours to attempt to correct their error and reps will troubleshoot your phone to the point you will memorize and know the steps and still be without service. It appears they are in business to aggravate the hell out of people. When I upgraded to their unlimited plan the rep gave me a 200 dollar plan instead. Safelink reps were unwilling to fix this. My only resolution has been to file a complaint with the FCC. Currently, I am unable to send and receive texts. I have spent hours calling to resolve this and the reps told me it's fixed but it's not. I still receive an error message indicating insufficient funds.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I used to get free minutes through a government program through Safelink. Suddenly I'm not qualified even though nothing has changed in my income. This company is totally incompetent. If you call customer service, it's almost impossible to understand the agent because their English is so bad. There's all kinds of laughing and chatter in the background, and it sounds like the "customer service" is located in the lobby of a cheap motel. Earlier, they sent me an email about a better phone I could get, which I purchased from Walmart. The incompetent rep I talked to could not get it installed properly so I spent my money on NOTHING! This company should be put out of business as soon as possible! They are idiots!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My elderly mother was enrolled in their "free" government phone program for the past 5 years. Her re-certification month is March. However, upon inquiring about why her minutes were not received this month I was told that she did not re-certify in time and was dropped from the program and required to re-enroll. It's December and not even her time to re-certify yet. She was NEVER notified in ANY manner that her re-certification month had supposedly changed. She's also required to RESUBMIT her financial and food assistance info which SAFELINK unfairly got rid of PRETENDING she didn't re-certify in time when it WAS NOT EVEN TIME for her to re-certify at all.

This is nothing more than a scam to kick POOR and ELDERLY people out a MUCH NEEDED free assistance program. They're trying to get them to PAY for a phone plan regardless if they can afford it. They're aware that most people don't care to be put through the burden of re-applying and resubmitting documentation they already submitted to qualify for the program the first time around. Many will throw up their hands and pay for service simply to keep from having to run through the hoops again. Do they ever stop to consider that many people in these programs CANNOT AFFORD to pay for phone service (not even a house phone) and these "free" phones are their ONLY means of communication? This is unacceptable and disgraceful.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My elderly mother was enrolled in their 'free' government phone program for the past 5 years. Her re-certification month is March. However, upon inquiring about why her minutes were not received this month I was told that she did not re-certify in time and was dropped from the program and required to re-enroll. It's December, not March. She was NEVER notified in ANY way that her re-certification month has supposedly changed. And they want her to RESUBMIT her financial and food assistance info that THEY unfairly got rid of PRETENDING she didn't re-certify in time when it WAS NOT TIME for her to re-certify at all.

This is nothing more than a scam to kick POOR and ELDERLY people out a MUCH NEEDED free assistance program. They know most people don't care to be put through the burden of re-applying and resubmitting documentation they already submitted to qualify for the program the first time around. Do they stop to consider that many people in these programs CANNOT AFFORD to pay for phone service (not even a house phone) and these free phones are their ONLY means of communication? This is unacceptable and disgraceful.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Safelink Wireless has rude customer service agents you can barely understand, and they don’t replace lost or broken phones. Assurance Wireless does. Definitely will not use Safelink in the future. They also took my minutes, but couldn't give me a legit reason as to why.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Paid for unlimited and they never gave me unlimited. When you call they transfer you 15 times and then hang up on you. Safelink is the worst company I have ever dealt with. This company gives you the runaround. Safelink TracFone.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I honestly can't say nothing bad thus far. Customer service took care of me when I asked about plans and details. The plan I choose (truly unlimited) is in fact truly unlimited. I used about 900gb of data running my hotspot constantly on 4G LTE and Get free everything. I been through the other companies with the data caps and not telling you everything. There's even a Safelink store in town. And I watched them service and help other people when I got this phone. I run one phone off this that's rooted and custom.

I got free unlimited calls, text, internet on both the S5 and this obviously low budget ZTE. But it was free. The plans are cheap and precise. And for forty bucks a month doing everything you people paying 60, 80 or 100 for one phone with over fees or hidden bs, I get to use two phones (when I even need it) problem free with good care no hidden stuff or dropping to 3g after a data rate. I don't know what you guys are all doing. It's actually been so good and opposite of what you all are saying. I don't even know if you are all real people using this service lol. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that would qualify.

Safelink Wireless Company Information

www.safelinkwireless.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business