Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Safelink Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safelink Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have an Alcatel phone that was a replacement of a flip phone that I was told I had a year too long that I got no notification to replace after it had wAs worn out. It started about 6 months ago when it wasn't charging right. I figured out the the inside charging tab in charging port was coming down. I was told it was because of the cord I was using. They didn't want to hear anything about the tab coming out so I let it go and got another cord. It still was happening to the point of having to have it in awkward position to charge and has fallen numerous times and cracked the screen from trying to charge it. Now I am there is nothing they can do about screen or port because phone is not warrantied. I also have noted that battery charge carries to point of one time says over 15% then it's shutting off and when I restarted has over 20% and it's cold out so it's not the heat.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I would definitely give them zero stars if I could. Their customer service is deplorable. They find excuses not to provide their customers with phones and is being compensated for proving appalling service and it seems like no one cares. Their competition at least provide phones and replacement phones while they are on warranty.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The approval process was easy and phone arrived in a timely manner. However, the phone lasted less than two months and they do not send replacements. I can see many others had phone issues as well.While qlink does not replace phones, either, my phone from them lasted two years or more. Avoid Safelink unless you plan on bringing your own phone and never requiring customer service!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I had a problem with my phone a week ago when I got one 2 that I tried to add to my plan instead of the low quality one I purchased from them. They deactivated my account after they said the first one was actually T-Mobile. I said don't deactivate my account because the second one was in town to be delivered to me and I would call back in an hour or 2 with its IMEI number. They deactivated me. I tried 15-20 times to purchase one from them after that one ended up being Walmart brand that I was forwarded to by one of the 35-40 service reps I had the pleasure of being lied to by, never once was I able to get to a sales person to get a phone purchased and because after 6 or 7 hours of arguing with them because they would take 4 and 5 minutes to fake type to check my address or ask my name and or account number.

I did ask what kind of computer they were using that it would take close to 5 minutes to get a response. They refused to answer. Finally, I realized they were doing it to keep me on the phone wasting my minutes at 45-50 minutes a call except for the 20-30 they hung up on me until ultimately the last agent told me I had to go to my settings to shut off the airplane mode. I said it wasn't on. She said it's not and within 2 minutes of the time I got the screen up saying it wasn't on she said the reason your phone hasn't let you make a call or text is because you are out of minutes. Just another lie from the service agents after 40 plus phone calls and never getting it back to working for me once after deactivating on their end twice.

Now I have no idea if it will ever work again or not after reading all of the other horror stories of the way this company treats the disabled people that need these devices for emergencies of all kinds. I'm a multiple stroke survivor and it might end up putting me in a life or death situation not having a phone because of the games the customer service reps that speak better English that I can understand one of 10 or 15 words they say. Usually that's OK and that's about it until they ran me out of having a phone. Why this company has these people still on the clock, I will never be able to understand. Why our government doesn't do something about it, I won't know either. It comes out of taxpayer dollars for Medicaid and the disabled.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

These people lie about pending minutes. I buy airtime for my phone. They are stealing minutes, then I'm on WiFi with data off, when I checked my data it's out. Something needs to be done asap. I hate SafeLink phone service. Ok trying to help people. Yeah stealing pending minutes.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I won't recommend them to anyone. Spoke to 8 different people about a service plan issue and never got the problem solved. They kept transferring me to different departments without giving them a heads up what the previous conversation was about. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

BUNCH OF IDIOTS. They shut my phone off / STOLE my minutes for SPITE. I THINK those people have a sickness and need help. They are all losers. Shut my phone off after I got out of hospital with open heart surgery. I'm 76 disabled and they still shut my services off. I HAD NO PHONE and didn't even realize those creeps shut phone off.. Said I didn't have any minutes. I had 980. Asked about the FREE phone that govt provides, they said "we stopped giving phones out." GUESS WHAT? Its not for them to decide.

Bought another phone a week later. Never turned services on or transferred minutes over to new phone. Had to call corp office in FLA. THEY ARE JUST AS STUPID, IGNORANT as those pos at Safelink. After an hr. they decided to turn my services back on. Said application needed updated. Told them I did that 4 times. Every time I'd call, said didn't get my info. After 13 days, said they got it but couldn't read a number on snap card. So they shut my services off again. Said I'd have to re-enroll again even after I did that 4 times. I think they just do that for spite, and they are sick in the head. CORP JUST AS STUPID AS THE GOOFBALLS OVERSEAS. How in God's name can they shut my phone off when I just had open heart and have no phone, and never even told me they were going to shut phone off? SICKOS.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I've already had several different phones with Safelink with no success. They do not hold a charge after just a few months even though I'm very careful with the charger. Today was just so sick. I was forced to buy a phone at Target so I could keep my old number. They told me that all target stores sold net 10 phones. Lie 1. No one does except for them so they can make their sales money. Lie number 2 was to keep the phone I bought. I had buy sim kit again. Told to me that was sold all over not. So to Fedex this useless sim kit I had to pay 16.03 plus 20 for a phone plus now 20 dollars in Tracfone plan. I hate safelink. With them you are bankrupt. Go safelink. Go safeless. Metro PCS has 100000000000 times the product and service. I just wish I could afford it again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

It takes forever to get this service. Do not try to rate their service. After talking to service rep they will not hang up. They know when they hang up you will be transfer to rate them and why this company hire people you can understand.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Because of the first of the year, no more 3g phone service, I went to Safelink website to order a new 4g phone. I couldn't decided between 2 phones and they both were cheap enough, so decided to order 2 and see which one worked the best. I ordered one phone and then when I tried to order second one, it said the website was experiencing problems and my order could not go through and try again later, which I did, then got an email that said I ordered 3 phones.

I called them to cancel 1 that they ordered twice and was on the phone for 20 minutes with one guy, who then after going through all the stuff said he couldn't cancel it and he transferred me to another guy, who went through the whole thing AGAIN and then asked me for my Credit Card number and finally said they had no way to cancel orders and the only thing I could do was refuse the phone when it came to me, which was crazy. How am I to know which phone is in which box. I can't believe that a big company like Safelink cannot cancel an order. And it wasn't my mistake in the first place. So beware if you order anything from them. So now I'll be stuck with 2 of the same kind of phones. All I have stated is true and just happened today.

Safelink Wireless Company Information