1.81/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nokia

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Nokia Reviews

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I sent my phone off for Repair 1 month ago. I got a email saying it was received. Then a week later got a email saying the package was damaged and they could not find the phone. After I got a email saying all was well. If you're looking for a phone look elsewhere. The charging port broke after 3 months. I had to spend $ 300 on a different phone and it looks like I'm not getting this one back!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I bought my phone in September 2018 and after 6 months its earpiece not sounds properly. I went to the service centre and they only clean it and earpiece start working normally. But after 15 days again same problem is faced, I again went to the service centre. Now they said that, "I have not facing any problem. Your earpiece working good." and they did not take my complaint. So I had not any choice and I would not go again for this issue. But after 3 months suddenly my phone's right bottom corner got blot and now I went to the service centre and they start saying that, "You physically damaged your phone and we will not fix it." I mailed support and they said me to went and, "take job sheet so that your warranty wouldn't be passed out." So I did the same. But when my warranty passed out then service centre man called me that, “If you wouldn't take your phone back I will have to send it to the company by tomorrow.”

Before that support man only saying that, "We send your concern to relevant officer. Please be patient." When I went and get my phone back without repair then after a day the support man mailed me and start saying that, "Your job sheet is cancelled and you physically damaged it, also you have not warranty so we could not help you." You have to pay for fixing the phone. They all continuously sending same mail to me. Still I am trying. This is horrible, I suggest not to buy Nokia phones. They have worst support team and they are making cheap mobile. I am here also share you to crowd at service centre, about 40 persons only in one service centre, and there is MI service centre is in the same offiCE and there is hardly 2 to 3 complaint in a day.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 1, 2019

I bought Nokia 6.1 Plus and after 6 months I have started facing charging issues. The charging port is loose. I need to bend the charging cable to charge the device. This is very disappointing. And almost all the Nokia 6.1 Plus users are facing this issue.

Original review: June 16, 2019

The Nokia's earpiece speaker stopped working properly after a few weeks from 1st use. After a lot of to and from emails and new software and a factory reset, it was decided to send the phone for repairs. A replacement phone return to me after a few weeks. Two weeks later and the new Nokia has the same problem. Earpiece fade to almost no sound. Again Nokia customer service started the useless exercise of software and a factory reset, to only rectify nothing. I was then told, since I am not in the country of purchase, I have no warranty claim. Thus issue is not an isolated case.... Therefore my review on the "new Nokia" is: a Low quality product with even worse support.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I had recently purchased Nokia 7 Plus and after 6 months I started facing charging problem like it won't charge or stuck at same level. So I informed Nokia service center via "MY PHONE" app and after 5 days I saw that I had estimation of repair 21000 INR and initial cost of phone was 26000 INR. They said that screen and camera are broken and other things too. So I cancelled repair obviously. I received broken device at my home so I informed service center and they told me to give them a proof that phone was in good condition. They spend more than 2 weeks to say that they are not going to repair and kept asking for proof which I didn't had and now I'm not able to sell phone and have to keep using broken device whose screen is not working properly. Before sending phone to service center please click pic and save them in Google Drive. So that they wouldn't put their fault on you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nokia?

Original review: April 19, 2019

I buy Nokia 6.1 plus, after 6 months, I face charging issues. The charging port is loose. I bend தான் wire then only it charging. I am Nokia fan, but this is disappointing, anyway I still like Nokia, pls fix the issues.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I bought Nokia 8.1 on 26th Jan 2019 from Meher's Mobile, Kiit Road Bhubaneswar, India. IMEI No 1: 356964090251577 & IMEI No 2 : 356964090531572. I had liking of "Nokia" as my 1st phone was Nokia much before it lost its market share significantly. Though I had a choice of other proven brand but I purchased my favourite Brand Nokia. But for me it has become a compromising purchase. Top left corner of Mobile set is "bent", camera is "very ordinary". Other features I will come to know gradually. Now I am not very hopeful of getting its performance more than ordinary. I am sorry to say Nokia Brand has gone down. I will expect a reply.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

A pathetic android update that got on its own, my microphone stopped working. After visiting a distanced service centre, I got the version downgraded and now there's a same problem a day later. I trusted it because of Microsoft name into it. I also read many reviews which says the same. I am sure they must be having a good team, please put them to use and do something for this issue.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I bought my phone on 27th September. I started facing a charging issue within a month of using it. The charging porting is loose and I had to bend the cord at an angle to charge it. It got worse and subsequently I submitted my phone for servicing at Nokia Care, Tilak Nagar Centre, New Delhi. They ensured me that it would take a maximum of 7 days to repair my phone (this was a manufacturer defect). I saw several others at the centre with same/similar problems in their Nokia devices, who lamented about pathetic build quality of the phones.

Well, fast forward 18 days and I am still to receive my device. I have called them hundred of times, reported on customer support, escalated the matter, reported on Facebook, Twitter, but I don't get satisfactory replies. The service centre people are rude as hell. And they keep saying that the part is not available at this moment. The same with customer support, who says that you just talk to service centre. I am going to file a police complaint now. There is no other option it seems.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I wanted to exchange my Samsung J7 Prime which has been with me about 2 years. First mistake of the day. Recently we went to your New POORVIKA SHOWROOM opened IN TTK Road, Alwarpet Chennai. Tamil Nadu. Walked in to exchange and buy a MI Note 5 Pro AND while doing so there were absolutely no customers in the showroom by 7.30 pm on 1/11/2018.

3 sales promoters surrounded and tried to help as we were discussing about exchange and payment mode. Few more customers walked in and all three left us in lurch and a new guy (Mr. Kiran **) came to attend us and tried to dissuade us buying MI and promoted Nokia 6.10 (must be Nokia promoter in the showroom). Infact I even asked him if he was a sales promoter for Nokia for which he denied.

Second mistake for the day has been committed by us. He explained us about the product in detail and its superior, quality and services than other brands and explained us about the camera features, like, pic in pic and Video in video so on and we were impressed and decided to go for it. for 16500. He agreed to help us in transfer of data from old to new Phone as it was a exchange.

Third Mistake of the DAY, MY daughter joined us after work by 9.30 PM and they sold her a Samsung - Wireless Head Set for 2499. By the time we did all the transfer of data it was around 11.45, we reached home by 1 am. and had very late dinner and charged the phone in switched off mode for the first time for 100% as suggested and advised by the salesman. Next day to my surprise (second day) the phone was discharged in 3.50 hrs and again I charged it full 100% which lasted only about 4 hrs and then complained to the POORVIKA showroom.

They asked me to update all software patches and then see a full movie without wifi and then check the duration of the battery. Same thing was done and still found the same problem. So went to Poorvika for 3rd time and they said, new software 9.10 has been released on 3/11/2018 AND asked me to update and then check for improved battery life and better features. And asked me to observe again for a day OR ELSE WE CAN VISIT THE Rocky Agency Authorised Services agency of NOKIA in PETERS Road, Gopalapuram.

On the same day I went to NOKIA showroom in Peters Road around 6.45 PM and was denied an entry by them as they were closed by 6.30 PM. They said they had customers waiting inside already and by the time they finish it might take 8.30 pm and hence not taking/allowing any new Customers. I wonder what kind of strict customer services policy and how many customers had problems with their NOKIA Phones? The same was conveyed to POORVIKA Salesman and he asked us to go to Velachery Services centre on Monday.

Today (05/11/2018) I visited The Rocky Agency at 10 AM, the watchman refused parking for customers and hence had to look out for parking outside. After parking I came inside the service center and until 10.15 AM no staff had come to office and after checking with the assistant who was cleaning said anytime the staff would come. When they close the office before the customer visiting time, I think they need to start the office on time. I narrated my problem to the service technician. Insufficient battery life as 3 to 4 hours was not accepted by any standard, And there was a display in the mobile saying, Battery overheated. Stop charging from 100% till it reaches almost 50% even when you are not charging? Please note the mobile was not in the charging mode but still we had this message on the display.

They said this was basically a HARDWARE and Manufacturing parts malfunction and They said it need to be given to them and they will flash and check for hardware or software and they agreed and said the latest update 9.10 is not available or reached them and hence they well load only with earlier version and if given back I need to upgrade again only on Wi-Fi not on Mobile data, which I am well aware and told them.

The service technician said that I have to take a backup of my data and come and hand over the phone to them to check the problem. So I went to Poorvika again and they tried to take a back of my data from Nokia 6.1. They could not take a back up nor transfer the data to another phone. After 3-4 hrs they were able to share certain photos and contacts only. I had to forgo all my details, chats and message for the mistake I made of buying the Nokia 6.1. Again I went to The Rocky Agency and told them the new problem which arised then. One problem or the other was arising on the New Brand Phone.

The Branch Manager Mr. ** did not bother to come and address the customer initially. Later he came out and said he will look into the same and rectify the issue. How do you expect a customer to take back a faulty brand new mobile which we have not even used for FULL five minutes. I am refusing to take the same mobile even though you might have rectified the issue. I request you to kindly arrange for DAP for which Mr. ** refused and said it is only five days old. But I am aware that the company policy is to change the faulty product within 14 days if fault found and accepted by the service technician.

Evening went back to The Rocky Agency to find the status of my mobile and they said they had handed my mobile to the showroom salesman after installing the old software itself. We went back to POORVIKA AND THE BRANCH MANAGER SAID IT has been asked to return to Nokia showroom as the problem is still yet to be solved as per customer's complaint. The Rocky Agency and Poorvika wanted to analyse the product efficiency and then handover the same. It seems. Mr. ** confirmed that he spoke to the Manager (at 9.00 p.m) and they have confirmed that the Mobile is with Poorvika only. But I have been misled saying that the phone is with Rocky Agency. Can the same be clarified. Why was I been cheated? Please let me know as a customer I been played between the Manufacturer and Reseller at whose cost, me customer @ cost?

Customers be aware of NOKIA AND SUCH resellers like POORVIKA who takes customers for a raid and suck our hard earned money and make millions. I was about to buy a NOKIA sirocco which was Rs.47000 and the cost went down to Rs.36500.00 and lucky me I was not such a sucker and now after what I have gone through even if it was offered at NOKIA 6.10 Price of Rs.16500.00 I will/would think twice before buying Nokia Phone. NEVER BUY A NOKIA PRODUCT AND SUFFER LIKE ME?

Nokia Company Information