Nokia

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When I was in college, I owned a Nokia 5110. It was not top of the line then but it served its purpose. I used it for several years and never had an issue with it. The interface is so straightforward that you don't need a manual to learn it. The options are intuitive that you wouldn't think you'd have a better idea how to improve it. It's so easy to forward a message (no need to copy paste), save a number from an unknown sender and other basic things you'd want a phone to do.

Years after, I had owned an iPhone 3. Man!!! Did iPhone developers even own a phone then? There is no freakin option to forward a message!!! You need to copy paste the damn message to a new blank message! Can you imagine copy-pasting a message in a small screen? Instead of a 2-step process in forwarding a message, they made it more complicated. Also, there is no freakin way to forward a phone number in your contacts!!! Again, copy-paste! Can they not just put a "forward contact" button in the options? So, I really miss the simplicity of Nokia's interface and functionality. They simply did not survive when touchscreen phones emerged. They came out with a few phones but they did not do very well in marketing and advertising so their sales did not catch up with the big names in the cp industry.

BTW, I just checked now, only lately that Apple figured out how to forward a message without doing the copy paste thingy. There is now a "forward (arrow icon)" in iOS. Wow! That is so amazing!!! I wish Apple pirates Nokia's engineers. :) Oh btw, did you know that if a contact in your iPhone had multiple numbers in your address book and you received a call from that person but you missed it, there is no way for you to know which number that person used for you to call him back??? This is something Nokia had 2 decades ago.

It's a shame what has happened to Nokia. I am one of the very few (and yes, there are very few of us) that have a Windows Phone and enjoy the heck out of it. Nokia should've stuck with it and not give up on Lumia. Oh, well. I am a Windows fan for life that will never ever switch to iOS or Android. I can only hope that Windows will reward us few by continuing to improve their OS and adding more useful and enjoyable apps in the near future.

Bought a Nokia Asha 210 in Singapore in the end of 2013. Thought, "Why not try Nokia again?" After all, my first few mobiles have been Nokia. Worked well at first but was not really satisfied with it now especially after updating its software. There are more instances of crashing now. Can't wait to get a new phone.

The first Nokia phone I bought would get really hot when I was on it. It got hot one day and froze up so I went to remove battery and the screen cracked. So like a fool I buy a 2nd Nokia but upgraded. This phone gets hot on my ear then also freezes up. Is there a recall of any kind on these phones?

March 2015 I purchased a T-Mobile family Plan and a Lumia 635. The phone was set up and I waited as instructed. When I tried to send a picture I couldn't. When a friend sent me a picture of her new home I couldn't open it. I have contacted Walmart, T-Mobile and Nokia (Microsoft). Microsoft is telling me that I have to take a new/refurbished Lumia 635. I have respectful, and very patient throughout this entire process to only be treated like nothing. I feel the Gates are out of touch and outsourced customer service is terrible because you can't understand what they are saying to you. We should stick with companies that believe in America and the American way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nokia?

Here I comment on Nokia care's (Kollam, Kerala) careless approach on their customers one like me. I unluckily own a Nokia's Lumia 625 mobile with touchscreen trouble. I approached them a month before. The handset was still in warranty period. After checking the mobile they asked me to come back the following week. I went there for three weeks continuously from then, the reply was that the touch panel they ordered hasn't yet delivered and asked me to call them back three days after. I called, the reply was the same. I just ask them "I think it's been a month and what's the matter with you." They said, "It would be delayed. If you want you can go to other service centers" and just disconnected the line. How was that? I was mesmerized by their care they have for their customers. Hats off Nokia now being Microsoft.

Bought the Nokia handset- Lumia 920 about 3 years ago with the hope of finally owning a decent smartphone after an impressive campaign that was launched by the company. Unfortunately, within 4 months, started seeing issues with the phone like flickering of screen. There was a constant line that appeared on the screen ruining the user experience. Ultimately, the phone blacked out completely when on an out of station visit, which was the worst thing that could happen because it was literally being cut off from any outside contact.

Approached the local customer care center hoping that the handset would be replaced being well within the warranty period. However, the representatives dismissed the issue as a software one. After many arguments and plenty of haggling, they finally took in the phone with the promise that it will be replaced within 15 days and the new set would be shipped from Delhi.

To my surprise, I received a call within 5 days to collect the phone. The handset given to me had a screen guard already placed on the screen which struck me as odd considering that this was to be a new piece. Clearly, what they had done was to replace the screen of my phone with a second hand one and then returned it back. This was the last thing expected from a mobile giant like Nokia. After again wasting so much of my time and going through several arguments, they took the phone for a few days leaving me in an extreme state of inconvenience with no mobile.

But Nokia, having no sense of keeping up customer's faith, obviously couldn't end this here and had the audacity to replace only the outer body of the phone and return it. On questioning, found that the IMEI number hadn't changed which is generally unique of all handsets.This was the height of testing someone's patience, and I until then had given up.

Further to this, their customer service stumped me again, when I went to Jaipur's customer care to get my screen replaced post dropping my phone and cracking the screen. Paid a whopping 9K assuming that this would put an end to all problems, only to find that the screen began to flicker the next day once I returned from Jaipur to Bangalore. Reached out to the customer care, and as per habit, they turned me down any sort of help saying that I need to take this up with the Jaipur service center.

This has so far been my worst experience with the customer service. We spend our hard-earned on money on such expensive branded handsets with the trust that if anything, the quality will be assured and at the end of the day we can expect to receive good service at the minimum. But contrary to belief, Nokia has set a new low for quality of service and consumer's value for money. I am appalled at the kind of responses I have received from the reps and frankly have made it a point to discourage all my family and friends from ever buying Nokia to avoid what I have been through. Microsoft needs to stop kidding themselves, if they plan to continue this crappy phone with limited app support among other false promises.

I purchase my first tablet Nokia Lumia 2520 IMEI: Number ** since 11/29/2013. Since I purchase this tablet, I have been facing problems up to the point it stopped functioning normally. Many problem started with my tablet device during the warranty period and after. I have send my tablet to the Nokia Repair at: 4330 N Sylvania Ave, Dock Door 1, Fort Worth, TX 76137 around 3-4 times, in which the problem was never fixed. Finally, I requested them to send me a new tablet in which they agreed.

After receiving the second one under IMEI: ** in which they said it was a new device (in which I doubts it was a new device) this second one was worse than the first one. Immediately I start using it for a while. It commenced having problem with the display searching all the browsing at the same time and I couldn't even turn it off. After a while with my finger on the start option it turned off. It is not working and every time I wish to use it it keep given me the same problem. It working crazy.

This second issue tablet device, I have talked with several representatives without being successful. They apparently say that this issue will be escalated and nothing happens. I requested an escalation number for this second device on 01/23/15 and on 02/03/15 and finally is when they provided me an escalation number because I keep requesting it. The escalation number is ** and nothing has happen since then. I wanted to to talk with Ms. ** on 01/12/15, 01/23/15 and on 02/03/15 and I was always informed that the manager was not available or in a meeting and that she will get back to me which she never did.

Finally, I call customer care again and they told me to return back my device tablet visiting the website www.microsoft.com to request the box, so I can return my tablet device back. As up today, the manager never contacted me either I haven't receive the box instructions for repair . I am a common consumer facing a tremendous hardship due to such practice of the authorized Nokia service center and customer care. The worse of all I'm still paying for this device which in reality both never worked as it suppose to. The total of this device is $500.00 dollars. I seek your kind intervention to support me with this matter. Thanks.

(Lumia 521) I had recurring problems with the screen going black (even while on calls) and then not responding to the button which was supposed to wake the phone up. Got progressively worse over a few months. Tried all suggested fixes (screen cleaning, software updates, etc.). Made the phone unusable. It was getting progressively worse over time, so I finally contacted Nokia and sent it to their repair center. That is when the real issues began.

I talked with a customer service agent about my problems and used Nokia's website to set up the return for repairs. I gave Nokia my PO Box as an address, which was accepted by them. I was never informed that they could not ship to PO Boxes. However, they returned my phone via UPS, which does not deliver to PO Boxes. UPS then mishandled my phone. Today (two weeks after sending the phone), I do not have my phone. I am told to wait 8 business days for an investigation.

Nokia blamed me for giving them the PO Box as an address, although their online form accepted it and the customer service agent never informed me that they do not deliver to PO boxes. They had two phone numbers to contact me at, but apparently never tried. Of course, I am paying for service all the while, and have now spent hours trying to sort this out. Bottom line: terrible customer service, worthless warranty, phone has issues. Suggest avoiding Nokia at all costs!

I would like to bring to your notice the horrible experience I had with the much touted Nokia Lumia device. I purchased this Nokia Lumia 710 device from one of the Nokia priority shops at Marathahalli, Bangalore on 13 April 2012. For the third time, I returned my Lumia smart phone for repeat issues - the phone has stopped connecting to 3G, poor audio/call quality (distorted voice), heating issues, screen flickering, getting switched off automatically sometimes. I have asked for a replacement, but Nokia is refusing that and asking me to take the same phone which they say is repaired.

I have submitted the phone to Nokia Care at Marathahalli for the third time on 13 May 2012. Nokia Complaint Number assigned (through Nokia website): **

You can see three complaint numbers for the same issue. What they do is to open a new complaint instead of reopening the old one so that they won't breach the SLA. But the issue will still remain unresolved.

I have contacted Nokia. Their standard reply is: "We have forwarded your concern to the team. Someone will connect with you soon regarding the same." This "someone" from their team rarely calls you and if you are one of the privileged to get their call (mostly you will call them out of your frustration), the trained call center executive will try to soothe you and give the standard response, but your issue will not get resolved. After a while, you realize that they are all conning against you.

I have also contacted many people who had issues with their Nokia devices and none of them were happy with Nokia Care. They just want to fleece the customer even if the product is well within warranty period citing stupid, unbelievable excuses such as "sweat went inside, no warranty for keyboard/battery, screen is not covered under warranty etc."

The bottom line is, you will never get any replacement, however genuine the issue be. The better option is to fight it out legally in a consumer court. The best option is, never buy a Nokia device. Prevention is better than cure.

I found after 20 days of using my mobile that three factory defects in one telephone and not one in three. The three factory defects are: 1. Does not receive a signal (Although there is strong network); 2. I cannot hear the speaker's voice (headset ear malfunction); 3. Phone does not connect with a hand free.

I went to Raya Warranty in Dokki, Egypt and asked them to change the phone because it has 3 defects. After two weeks, they told me that they repair the phone and don't replace it with another one. After two months from receiving it from Raya Warranty, I found two defects of the phone: 1. Does not receive a signal (Although there is strong network); 2. I cannot hear the speaker's voice (headset ear malfunction).

I have only one telephone and I can't do my work without phone for two weeks again and they tell me that they will repair it. Is it not my right to retrieve my money? I am now have become not confident in Nokia and will not recommend Nokia.

I purchased last year, but software problems often made me very unsatisfied towards Nokia set. Now it's in Udupi (Karnataka state) NCC. Job sheet number **. Please change my set itself and give me a new 7210C or other or repair such that the problem does not repeat often. I have full faith in Nokia. Please don't hurt my faith in Nokia.

I bought a Nokia phone N8 on eBay sold as new. But it was not new as it was not in the original box and missing all original accessories. The phone itself, as the seller insisted, may be new, but it cannot be confirmed. It was a full refund case and the seller agreed first to include the return shipping fee. Later we knew that it takes FedEx to ship lithium ion batteried phone from Japan to US. It was due to Japanese postal service strict policy not to ship any lithium ion batteries on their carrier, by sea or air. The seller refused to pay for FedEx charge so the case was brought to eBay customer protection service. I argued that since the seller practically lied to sell his item, to have it shipped back he should pay for the return shipment, regardless of the cost. eBay ruled that the seller is responsible only for the original price and shipping and the buyer pays for the return.

I had two choices, either to keep the phone the seller lied to sell me on eBay, or to pay about $100 shipping fee to get a refund. I sent 2 emails to eBay appealing to review the case but no replies. Instead I received an invitation to write a review of purchase and rate the seller. eBay closed the case and I am left with the phone I do not need nor wanted had the seller not made a false advertisement on eBay. From this experience, I learned that eBay customer protection is like a robot, it work on some automatic guidelines, and as long as you stay in there they don't come after you. In this case, the seller showed his will to issue a full refund so the case closed. And full refund in eBay terms is original purchase price and shipping no matter what. I find it very resentful that eBay pushes the buyer to pay for return shipment in a case like this.

I would like to inform you of my dissatisfaction with the Nokia X7 mobile phone purchased on 18/7/2011. Since the purchase of this phone, I have been facing problems with the mobile. As you can also notice from the purchase date, the phone is hardly 4 months old and in the last three months, it was with the customer service center (Satya Telecare Nokia Care Centre , 229 C.R Avenue Kolkata 700006). I have submitted the phone four times (latest job sheet number is not with me because they have refused to give me when I told them that I will go to consumer court with all job sheets but they have given me the 1st job sheet of the problem of my incoming speaker and the number is **) to the customer service center in the last three months.

From the 1st month of my cell, I am facing problems with my head phone and I have swap it 2 times but now also I am facing problems with it . During the 3 month after the purchase, the phone had problems with the display and had to visit the service center and got the display replaced. On each occasion, they have kept the phone and apparently worked on it with no luck. Their attempts to resolve the problem have not been satisfactory and they finally claim that there is nothing more they can do to help me.

Even the customer care call center (+919831893838) wasn't able help me and solve my problem. Whenever I ask for a manager who can take a call towards resolution of the issue, I was always informed that the manager was not available or in a meeting. This has happened to me all the five times I have called the customer support. Later the call would be handled by an assistant manager and it goes nowhere.

Unjustified and unreasonable acts of the manufacturers and service providers.

I would like to inform you of my dissatisfaction with the Nokia N8 mobile phone purchased on 25/3/2011 and the service provided. Since the purchase of this phone, I have been facing problems and recently it stopped functioning normally. As you can also notice from the purchase date, the phone is hardly six months old and in the last three months, it's with the customer service center (Samvradhi Technologies, Koramangala, Bangalore). I have submitted the phone five times (latest job sheet number **) to the customer service center in the last three months. I had also received a replacement phone as the issue couldn't be rectified but that turned up to be even worse--the phone is powered on for hardly 10 minutes and then it shuts off.

During the second month after the purchase, the phone had problems with the display and had to visit the service center and got the display replaced. Later it faced an issue with the antenna of the phone as the network used to drop and was not able to make calls. This happened at least seven to eight times in a day. I have visited the authorized service center four times for this issue but they were unable to resolve it so they replaced the phone. The replacement phone had a new problem where it stayed powered on for 10 minutes.

On each occasion they have kept the phone and apparently worked on it with no luck. Their attempts to resolve the problem have not been satisfactory and they finally claim that there is nothing more they can do to help me. Even the customer care call center (+918030303838) wasn't able help me and solve my problem. Whenever I ask for a manager who can take a call towards resolution of the issue, I was always informed that the manager was not available or in a meeting. This has happened to me all the five times I have called the customer support. Later the call would be handled by an assistant manager and goes nowhere. I have also logged two complaints (** and **) and they have not bothered to get back with an update.

I am a common consumer facing a tremendous hardship due to such practice of the authorized Nokia service center and customer care . I seek your kind intervention to get me the replacement (a different problem-free model) or a complete refund and a compensation for the delay and the strict action against the authorized service center.

I had purchased this Nokia C7 on 28-2-2011. After two weeks, it automatically gets switched off. It is given for repair on 30-3-2011 and got repaired after 2 weeks. Again, the same complaint repeated and returned to E-Max for replacement on 21-5-2011. Now E-Max is refusing the replacement. Details of Purchase: Dealer: E-Max, Mirdif City Centre, Dubai. Invoice Number: ** Model: Nokia C7 CCSO-2000030189 Serial Number: 355960042708228.

Tried to order Nokia N8 phone trough the internet. Filled up credit card info, then sent in the request. "Unexpected error occurred, please try it again" read the message soon as I sent in the order. I tried 2 more times, same. I called up their 800 number to get help. Big mistake. I was greeted by a voice recording and got waited 30 minutes before someone actually picked up. The guy said that he can't help me because I tried too many times to order, and I'm now a restricted costumer. He told me that now I need to talk to a different department, and he will connect me.

I got on hold for another 20 minutes. The women who picked up this time explained that she can't do anything to help me, because I'm on their system as a costumer who is restricted and I need to wait 3 business days and try again. I'm using my Amex Platinium card, which is working everywhere else in the world, and I have $75,000 limit on it, but I can't charge a $549.00 item on it with Nokia.

I got upset, but tried it again 4 days later with a different credit card. Same unexpected error message appeared on my screen. I did not want to try more times, but called the number to talk with a costumer rep. I got on hold for 25 minutes before anyone picked up. The same story, he can't help me, but will have to connect me to the "right" department. After another 20 minutes, wait a person picks up the line, and before I can explain my problem I got disconnected by an automatic costumer satisfaction research line, where the automatic voice asking me to rate my experience 1 to 5. I left a 1 and then I got disconnected again.

Nokia claims that they connect people. They are the absolute worst people to deal with on the internet, their "connection" with people and with their costumers are suck big time. I would never go near to a Nokia product in my life, and certainly hope that no one else does either. I tried to do business with them, but got lost about 2 hours of my time getting ultra frustrated. I will get an iPhone instead! You should too!

I purchased a Nokia 7020 from Nokia.com 8/2010. I had the phone approx 1 week before it quit working. I called Nokia. They told me to fill out the form, include it with my phone for return, listing the problem and send it to their Huntsville, Alabama facility, also to send it that requires a signature for receipt.

On their website it says turn around time is 7-10days (I assume business days) for repairs. First, I tried to deliver my phone 2 times; I had to call Nokia to find out why they weren't accepting it. I was told they didn't know (post office left the card). They finally got the phone on 9/20/2010. They told me they got it and to call back in a day or so. I did, and was on the phone for 1hr 58mins while being told they did not have my phone. Finally, someone told me they did have it and to call back the following Monday, 9/27/10. I did, it was the same run around; they told me to call back again in a few days.

I asked for a supervisor, after 42 min I was informed there were none. They would be available later in the day and would call back in 24hrs. There was no call back. I called back on 9/30/10 and spoke to a man first. I requested a supervisor, was transferred to Cher, was on with her for 53 mins. She finally told me my phone could not be repaired and on 10/1/2010,they were shipping me a new 7020 replacement phone and I should expect it by 10/5/10.

I waited until 10/6/2010 to call. Surprise, Cher was unavailable. I got very irate as we were back to: they didn't have the phone, then they did, but it would be 7-10 days for repairs, blah blah blah. I asked for a supervisor again, another 57 mins I am holding. They tell me they will expedite my case and I should get a call within 24-48hrs. I did receive a call back in 2hrs from Ann who gives me a direct number and says she will be handling my case from now on. She calls me back a few hrs later to say they have no 7020 phones but she can offer me a phone just like mine, a 5610. It is nothing like mine. I had already called sales who told me they have several in stock and I could have 1 in 1-3 days.

Ann tells me they don't have the stock sales do, I ask her, "Okay, refund my money then apply it right to a new one." She has to talk to supervisors and is awaiting reply. I need to give her until Monday 10/11/10. Really? This is nuts. My phone is now out of the 30 day return policy and I am now told I can purchase a new phone. Hello? Really, what about the phone I already purchased. I have always had Nokia phones, I think I need to find a new brand. Beware of Nokia.

I ordered a Nokia phone on 9 Aug 10 and I have returned it because it was defective. They received the phone back on 14 Sept 10 and they said that they will send a replacement in one month. I told them if they can send it before the end of the month (September) because I will be out of the country next month, and they said that they can't because of company policy. When I asked for a refund, they said that they cannot do so. My point was, they already have the phone, why can't they send the replacement right away? Waiting for a month is very ridiculous.

I purchased an Mobile handset Nokia 5030 from the dealer Miss Bhushan **, bill no. 13310, dated 19/10/2009, 1,900 worth rupees. But unfortunately, the said Nokia 5030 handset had a defect with its keypad. So, I went to the Nokia customer care center EMM ERR Computers **.

I purchased a cell phone on 1/16/2010. It was a Nokia Mural. We had a warranty on it for one year. On 3/16/2010, the place on the phone that the charger goes into came apart. The phone was not misused or dropped. I called about getting it replaced and they said it was physical damage and we have to pay to fix it. We did nothing to damage this phone. It is a piece of garbage. When I went to the mall to complain, they called the mall security because they didn't want to be bothered with me. Now what do I do? I charged it nightly and when removing the adapter from the cell phone, it came apart.

Since using my phone, I have had ear pain when I use it. I have weeping ears and little lumps in my ears which constantly itch and weep. I know this is due to the phone. I try not to use now unless necessary. Shouldn’t there be a warning on the box about this? I still have constant ear pain and uncomfortable weeping from both ears.

I purchased a stereo headset (Nokia HS-49) from a third party website after confirming compatibility with my phone (Nokia 5610) on the Nokia Usa website. The headset was in fact incompatible. I contacted two Nokia representatives on two separate occasions (second one confirmed incompatibility). They refused to reimburse me or exchange my headset. The second representative stated they only repair broken accessories. I was put on hold both times to speak to a supervisor (at my request) and forgotten. As of 2/22/10 (approximately one week after the incident), the website continues to list the device as compatible with the phone. The third party site refunded me the money, so no financial damage was done. This does not excuse Nokia for their wrongdoing or failure to remedy their mistake.

I have many problem with my mobile during the warranty period. I have had my mobile many times to the Nokia care. My mobile handset is a 7610 supernova so kindly replace my handset. The problem is with the audio adjustment, fading display, mmc lock. The phone restarts, reboots. The phone locks up, is not responding, charging problem, & hanging problem.

I emailed Nokia with this letter two weeks ago and have gotten no response, and I'm lost on what to do: Let me start by saying, I love Nokia. I've had a Nokia since 2000. I love that you can exchange phones and exchange info when a new phone comes out. I've had so many Nokia phones. I recently purchased the Nokia 5800, a little skeptical about it being the first Nokia touch but I got it anyway. I was told it had a one-year warranty and 30 days, no questions asked return policy. I love this phone. But a few months after receiving it in March 2009, the screen started acting up. It began having a series of horizontal lines. I found myself having to turn it off and on over and over and over again.

Finally, I was fed up and called customer care and they transferred me to tech support. They told me to send it via UPS to have it repaired. I enclosed a letter stating what is going on with the phone and a picture of the phone with all the lines. A week or so later, I received my phone back unrepaired! Supposedly, there was corrosion on the inside not covered by warranty (which a non-Nokia repair facility said was a lie! There was no corrosion.). Before taking it to that repair facility, I contacted tech support at 1-866-665-4298 where I spoke to Rick, a very rude individual. The only thing out of his mouth was pretty much "We cannot help you." He explained that once the techs look at the phone, that's it. Whatever they say goes! I paid $380 some odd dollars for this phone that lasted me a few months. He wouldn't even let me send it out for a second chance. This is not fair.

I paid for a phone to work, not for a paper weight. I've called several times trying to find someone to help me, but found Rick over and over again. I asked him for a supervisor. Do you know what he said? I don't have one. I asked, "Who is in charge of you?" He said no one. So I asked, "Who tells you when to work then?" He said the computer. I asked, "So the computer is your boss?" He said yes. I was shocked, confused, upset, you name it. So now, I'm stuck with this non-working phone that would be amazing if it didn't turn to a dead weight when it got cold. Yes, it only works when it is heated up. It may sound weird, but it actually works just fine when it's heated up.

Right now, I'm using it but I have to have it under my laptop because the bottom of my laptop is hot. It works just fine but leave it exposed and have it go to the idle screen and the screen gets messed up. Please, please help me with my situation. I'm fed up with tech Rick and my phone's inability to work properly. Call me. Email me. Help me. I want an explanation for my dilemma.

I bought a nokia72 series mobile in Novmber,2008, from mobile sotre at I.P. Mall , varanasi(UP) and used it for 4 months and a fault occured in the month of April,2009 I submitted it to Devantha comminications KPHB, Hyderabad i.e. fanchise of Nokia care at Hyderabad then again they returned me after repairing but its not performed well again i gave them in May, June, and August but its not doing well since August, 2009, and still its not working properly

they r giving me second hand mobile instead of my own mobile now, and still it si with Nokia care though my mobile warranty expires in November, 2009. Therefore i m helpless because after warranty expiration they wont take any responsibility. Before expiration of warranty.

Since six month i could not use my mobile and many times i have complianed it to Nokia customer care and cud not get any positive respose and it harms my day to day work and contact as well as metal frustration regarding that i want your kind cooperation and necessary action. Thanking you

I request for my faulty Nokia Cell E 71, which I purchased just 3 months back, to be replaced by Nokia.
I purchased a Nokial Cell - E71 on June 27, 2009 at a cost of Rs. 20,000 from the Mobile Store. Within a month my cell phone started giving problems like - it would hang when I am talking on the phone etc.

When I took it to the Nokia customer care center they told me its a software updation problem and that they will do it. However they were not able to update the software on their own and told me that they will have to send the phone to the Nokia HO at Delhi. When I asked them what is the problem with my NEW Phone and why they are not able to rectify it, the Nokia Carecentre (Fone Planet) told me that there is a problem with the USB of the phone and that they will have to send it to their head office in Delhi.

When I requested them to write the actual problem of the Phone on the Job Sheet they refused to do so. They were arrogant in also saying "you can do whatever you want, we wont mention that it is not repairable by us and that we will have to send it to the Head Office". The very fact that they are not agreeing to write the actual complaint of the Piece on the Job Sheet itself indicates that the piece is faulty.
Given the fact that I have purchased the Cell Phone just 3 months back, I as a customer would expect Nokia to replace this faulty piece with a New Piece.

I went for Nokia Phone, assuming that its a good company and would really care for its customers. But the way their Service Centre treated me, it does not seem so after all, unlike the way this was rated as the strongest brand in India. The Nokia Carecentre guys dont even know how to talk to the customers.

I had renewed my contract with iTalk Cellular in September 2008, a Nokia95 8GB on a procall 120 contract. The contract was supposed to consist of the Nokia N95 8GB and a blue tooth headset. At the time of renewing my contract, which was done by Fatima, she didn't inform me that this offer was "while stocks last" offer. When I received my phone in October 2008, I saw that the headset was not there and I immediately called her. She then informed me of the "while stocks last" offer. I told her since she failed to let me know this when I was renewing my contract, I want the headset. It was the only reason for me choosing this phone and package. I have been e-mailing and calling Fatima since then, but she sometimes doesn't take my calls or returns them. She's always giving me the runaround. I am really unhappy about the service I have received from iTalk and I have told Fatima that I am tired of waiting for something which I should have received last year. Thank you.

I purchased Nokia 2760 in October 2008. It stopped working in November 2008. I submitted it to Nokia Care Center at Patiala. They said that they have to send the handset to Noida for repair. I got it back after a month in working condition. It stopped working again on 12th Jul. 2009. I went to Nokia Care again. They said the handset has no repair seal or sticker inside. So you have to pay for repair charges. My handset is still in warranty. I called at customer care. No, they said they are helpless; they can't do anything regarding this. So tell me, should I throw this phone out? I'm capable of paying repair charges but why should I when the warranty is still on? If the handset has no seal or sticker inside it, that's not my fault. That's their fault. They have not done that. I think I should move to Consumer Court for justice now.

When my AT&T cell phone was damaged (not a warranty issue, dog chewed it), I bought another one via I-net at GSMonster.com. The phone died within the warranty period so I followed Nokia's instructions and sent it in for repairs. I received a note saying the receipt was not accepted (the one issued by the company selling their phones) because it did not have the serial number. Nokia kept my phone (and no doubt repaired and sold it as re-manufactured). I believe this to be a scam as a consumer can in no way influence a seller to provide impractical information on their receipts, that's Nokia's job, and they know fully well that the phone is covered, but use this sharp business practice to avoid warranty repairs. In addition, they steal your phone (I know, it doesn't work; it is the principle).

Nokia Company Profile