3.9/5 (227 ratings)

About Google Pixel

Google Pixel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I bought this as a used phone 2 years ago, my first Pixel. Even though it was released in 2017 and is only eligible for Android 11, it has been excellent. Excellent camera and screen. Very good battery life. The only problem that I have had was a freeze which required a factory reset a few months ago. No problems since then. Apparently all pixel phones are not created equal. Mine is probably one of the better ones. I will likely do the same thing again.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I accidentally downloaded a virus (I know, don't get me started) and I went to their device support branches to get a repair and they couldn't help me so I contacted their customer support and explained that they couldn't help me and within 10 minutes I had a shipping label to return my device and get a replacement. Easy peasy. Lemon squeezy. I Will now be forever a loyal lifetime Google user. On top of the fact that it's a great phone, The customer service support was beyond imaginable. Best customer support ever. 10 out of 10 would recommend. I am astonished at their ability to be human and to be kind and helpful because that doesn't happen anymore. Super happy.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I purchased a Google Pixel 6 in March 2022 from Visible, which is a reseller of the Verizon network, and within 30 days the Motherboard went and the phone would only text or make calls and I could not get Data. It took 8 days to get Google to send me a refurbished replacement and here I am, less than 3 months later with a non working phone. Same issue...bad motherboard, poor reception and no data. Wifi only.

Google hides behind Customer Support Reps that have to ask a Supervisor to do anything and then they come back and say "Sorry, the Supervisor said No." On my first call with Google, the Customer Service Rep told me it wasn't really their problem as I didn't buy the phone from Google. Total waste of $600.00! Seach the web, not on Google, for reviews of the Google Pixel 6, or any Google product really, and you will find complaint after complaint. Another problem I did not mention before is how hot the phone gets. A moderately warm day will cause the phone to overheat and shut down. In my opinion the Google Pixel 6 is the worst phone ever created!

Original review: April 21, 2022

Used many OnePlus phones, budget android smartphones and Google's old nexus line. Pixel 6 is my worst android experience. The phone lags, hangs and freezes when opening simple apps and web pages. The keyboard has already lagged twice typing this. Factory reset helped some but not much. Battery life is only good if you turn off all the extra features they use to sell you the phone. Even then the phone gets extremely hot when viewing basic web pages. Sometimes it gets randomly hot when not in use like pull it out of your pocket because it is burning you kind of hot.

Unable to game due to the phone randomly killing the internet connection. Other devices in the same location, on the same network don't experience issues. Pixel 6 goes max lag with packet loss and sometimes just disconnects. If I hadn't gotten mine comped down to under $100 I would have returned it already and gotten a Oneplus even though they are not yet certified on att 5G. I still might get rid of this phone just because of how bad it is...

Original review: April 2, 2022

This is the worst user interface I have ever encountered. Buy anything else but this one. Google phones suck. You can't do anything with it. In fact, even the basic functions are not straightforward or user friendly let alone apps and whatnot.

Original review: March 14, 2022

You have to be a safe cracker to use it for the simplest of things, Do NOT buy!!!! Hey Google feel free to contact me if you'd like to prove me wrong! You've got my info. Once again this phone is impossible to navigate.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Do not buy a Google phone. After 1 year and 4 months the top ½ inch of the screen no longer detects my touch. That’s where all the menus are so it makes apps that don’t flip to landscape - unusable. I even tried a factory reset. Google says my only option is to replace the screen, but the two repair places I went to BOTH told me Google phones are a POS and not worth repairing. They said they see a ton of Google phones in for repair. I spent almost $400 for this phone and got a little over 1 year of use, and because it’s 4 months over the warranty – Google won’t do anything. I’m going back to my $200 Motorola that last years and have great cameras. I’m so mad about this. Don’t buy a Google phone!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I was convinced by my daughter to get this Pixel 6 phone with a promotion being offered by T-Mobile. I was convinced because she said it has an excellent camera. I will give the phone credit for that--the camera is very good, BUT that does not compensate for the endless number of other problems I have had with this phone. I had to turn in the first one after 1 month. It was constantly going off into weird settings on its own. Will randomly just turn off. Will just change an app setting on its own. Two different times it went into some weird setting--Talk back--my phone was literally talking to me in fast and slow speech, went from English to Spanish--all the while I am constantly turning it off and on to try to get rid of this weird setting. NOTHING!! It is like the phone is possessed!

Then after that it would not charge! Nothing! Just quit charging. This is the 2nd phone! The first one was just as bad. I think they gave me a reject phone that was refurbished as the replacement phone. Both are HORRIBLE!! I have had cellphones for 25 years, and mostly not very expensive ones. I have NEVER had a phone give me so many problems as this phone. I will just break down and purchase another phone--another manufacture, even if the camera is not as good. It is just NOT worth it to have this much constant aggravation and irritation. Between both phones, I have only had them a total of 4 months. This is just plain Unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Ever since I purchased my Google Pixel phone. I had nothing but trouble. You cannot use all the functions of the phone. In comparison to all other phone out there, this is the worst phone to get. Do waste your money. I was originally an Iphone but I will go and buy a Samsung or LG instead. The phone is heavy like a brick and lacks many many features. Not worth the money at all.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I don't understand why this site rates the Pixel at 4.9 over-all, when all reviews I see are only one star?? Anyway, I've owned the phone just over 1 year and it has been a consistent pain, wasting dozens of precious hours. Problems with the assistant prevail. OK Google shuts down with every update and is not possible to reinstall without turning off updates. Did a factory reset yesterday to recover assistant, and today, with a new update, it is again missing. Now I cannot even block newest updates. I am furious and the warranty has now run out, and the ONLY way to get any help is through their 'community'. No online support, no phone support. Never again!

Google Pixel Company Information