1.23/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Google Pixel

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Google Pixel Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

This whole Pixel 3xl purchase has been the worst phone experience of my life and I am not young. The phone just stopped working after 6 months... I think they call it the "black Screen of Death". I am in the process of trying to get a new/refurbished phone from Google, but for some unknown reason my case has been sent to the escalation team that apparently doesn't work weekends and given that this is Monday evening and I have not had a response, it doesn't appear that they work Mondays either. I am now 5 days in with no phone and no answers... If you're thinking about purchasing a phone from Google, please take my advice and DON'T DO IT!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My wife purchased a Pixel3 from Target in August. We use Verizon as a provider. Several weeks ago, sound alerts for phone calls messages, etc. stopped. You can call out, but will not know when a call or message came in, or alarm goes off. November 30 opened an incident with Google help. We generated the requested bug reports and screenshots and sent them in. Sent them again three days later, and again on that day from a second email address to assure they would receive the requested files. The only response was a notice to only use the original Gmail account. At least we know the files must have been received. No analysis of the reports appears to have been done, and no follow up was attempted by Google.

Called multiple times where the entire problem had to be related for the existing incident. Never any follow up. During this time multiple techs at Verizon attempted to diagnose the problem, and sales at Target tried to determine how to follow up with Google warranty. Finally spoke to a Google support supervisor who stated the warranty would only be honored if the phone was examined by a "Ubreakifx" technician. The nearest ubreakifix location is in Newton CT, 80+ miles from our location Albany N.Y. The Ubreakifix technician diagnosed a bad motherboard on December 7. He states this is a common problem, and Google has a history of not supporting the product. We will see if Google ever honors the hardware warranty. Next step, NY Attorney General complaint.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Don't go for it. It's been 2 months. I am following up with the support team and they are making excuses. The device has a manufacturing defect and there is no hope of service from the Google Pixel team. Worst service. Dont waste your hard-earned money.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

When new, this phone is great. The camera is exceptional. I really wanted to stay on Android OS and Pixel 3, with its great camera, seemed like a perfect choice. I have the phone less than 6 months and it started shutting down when the battery level reaches 50-70%. After only 6 months?!!! This is so disconcerting. I found bunch of posts about the same issues and it seems like Google has no solution for it. Pixel 4 has same issues. Google's support will send me a replacement device as I'm still under warranty. But listen to this: the warranty on the new/replacement phone will NOT be for another year, but only until the initial warranty deadline. So, if my phone breaks again in 9 months, I'm in trouble. I am very sad to say, but if I knew about how mishandled this issue was, I wouldn't have bought this phone. But, if you still choose to buy it, please buy a 2-year preferred care!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I sincerely regret purchasing the Pixel instead of an iPhone just to save a few hundred dollars. There were some nice features like the easy integration with email and Google Drive, but there are some really weird features, like a non-USB friendly plug, and the inability to have headphones in while charging. And while the phone was alright when it was working, after six months with the phone, I turned it off one day and it just never turned back on. When I reported it to Google, they offered me a refurbished phone instead of a replacement phone, and they would not restart the warranty - they would only give me six months warranty for a refurbished phone. I cannot recommend this phone and its service low enough.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I purchased a Google Pixel 3xl mobile phone seven months back with a standard warranty of one year. After six months of use I noticed horizontal white line appearing at top right corner of my phone. Immediately google support was called and informed. After initial investigations I was advised by google to send the device to their service center in Mumbai. The device was picked up by them from my home after delay of 15 days. The courier boy checked the device and the package before accepting it. When the package reached Google service center, the service team declared the device broken and dented and declared it warranty expired. Now they demand 17000 rupees for repairing it. It appears to me that bundle of cheaters have been recruited by google in India to loot the customers. Is it so easy to get away after committing mischief with the device.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I bought a new Pixel 8 months ago with the standard warranty and had issues with the phone from the first day I received it (had to factory reset during start up - as advised by Google help). Then I had extended phone quality issues where the people I was speaking with could only hear every other word and I sounded like a robot (also reported to Google help). Finally, my camera app stopped working. To date, I’ve spoken with 10 different people, been flat out lied to (yes Google, other people have reported this problem), sent a USED device when I’m paying for a new device that never worked, they’re telling me they have absolutely 0 new Pixel 3 phones left in the world, as well as refusing to honor the Hardware Limited Warranty. They’re ignoring my emails, won’t return phone calls, etc. etc. What does Google think their responsibility is when they are selling defective products?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

It literally makes me cry. I've had my phone for a less than two years and it's honestly awful. I'm on the newspaper for my school so I'm constantly recording interviews, taking a couple photos, on the phone with my advisor, etc. I need my phone a lot, but when my phone doesn't last 10 full seconds off the charger? It's absurd! I cry out of frustration because of my phone. It shuts off whenever I open apps, it shuts off at 100% even on the charger. I've contacted Google support about this and two things happen every time. The "Oh I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never seen it," or it just doesn't even connect me. If I could give 0 stars... I would.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

My Pixel 3 XL stopped charging and outputting audio via the USB C port. It was brand new, only a few months old and under warranty. When I contacted Pixel support all I got was email after email of stupid, repetitive questions: did you plug it in? Is the charger clean? Is it a google cable? What is your address? Is the bluetooth on? Did it get wet? etc. etc. etc. for over a week, several hours of my time wasted with not a single useful suggestion the whole time.

Finally they agreed to send me a replacement! Great! NO! They want to charge me $900 as a 'hold' to send me a REFURBISHED PHONE after I already paid through the nose for a brand new one that broke after a few weeks of gentle use. What a bunch of idiots, I have always had a high opinion of google but this has made me re-evaluate my position. I think they have learned a lot of bad customer service from Apple. Either that or they are run by morons who hate their customers.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I bought Pixel 3 XL little more than 3 months back. The call performance on both Mobile network and Wifi was poor and glitchy. I complained to Google Support. They send me a refurbished phone which did not work either. I switched back to iPhone X and the problem was no longer there. Same thing happened with a friend of mine and he Switched to Samsung and the problem disappeared. Pixel 3 has a great camera, but now most of the other phones also have the same. I would be buying any Phones from Google for a while.

Google Pixel Company Information