3.73/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

11 Google Pixel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My son's Google Pixel XL started having problems. When we would charge it the phone would not stay on. Now the phone will charge turned off but will never turn on. When I contacted Verizon they told us to contact the Google Pixel customer service since it's been less than a year and still under warranty. Once I contacted them they requested the proof of purchase which I sent along with our payment plan both of which were turned down so I had to get the Verizon store on the phone that I had purchased it from. They sent over their official proof of purchase.

That was still not enough then they had another issue since it is my son's phone who is 13. Keep in mind I purchase the phone, paid for it and my signature is on the receipt. But my son's email is the one that's linked to the Google Pixel with family link in my email link to that. It's clear they do not want to help us nor stand by their warranty and I've been on the phone with Google device care for over 3 hours trying to resolve this issue. It looks like I will have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because they are unwilling to stand by their warranty. We will never purchase another Google Pixel phone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We had our Google Pixel for only about a year and a half before the motherboard shorted out and had to get replaced. Google told us to bring it to the nearest "uBreakiFix" store to have it fixed. They say the motherboards are on backorder. It has been over four weeks since my elderly mother has been able to take or send phone calls. I've called and spoken to Google Customer Service several times about this issue and they say there is nothing they can do. Absolutely terrible.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I recently tried to order a Pixel 2 phone and start Project Fi service for my mom and I. All seemed well, and we hit the "buy" button. Unfortunately, Google (I think) seemed to think there was possibly fraudulent activity on the account, and sent a request for more information--which included asking to upload bank statements, photos of my government-issued IDs, and photos of credit cards. I have never been asked to verify an online payment via sharing all of my financial information, and would caution Google against normalizing such means, as these are techniques often used by scam organizations. If, in fact, this was a fraudulent request, then Google is doing a very poor job screening such emails. Unfortunately, the Google help chat folks were very unhelpful as well. If this continues, I will absolutely NEVER recommend Project Fi to anyone, despite its reasonable-seeming cost.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I love my Google Pixel! It has all the convenience of an iPhone with all the flexibility of a traditional Android. The pictures come out beautifully. I also prefer the fingerprint scanner location to all other phones. It's in the back, right where you hold the phone anyway. Really convenient and really fun to use!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

You are never alone with Google. It answers all your questions immediately and takes you anywhere you want to go. The best tool ever. I highly recommend this tool to the older folks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The Pixel XL has worked perfectly since I activated it. Battery life is good. Screen quality is great and the camera is superb. The interface is clear and I have no unnecessary applications.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My present experience with cell phones have been good ones. I expect problems from time to time, due to man made materials and equipment faults, but these problems are usually handled by returning the phone to the store where I purchased it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This phone I own is adequate for my personal needs. I like the use of the internet mobile. It keeps me updated on world information, helps maintain contact with friends and relatives.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My wife and I both use the Nexus 6, very superior to the newer Google phones as it has wireless charging, water resistant, and a great big screen. It will upgrade to 7.1.1 so no need to buy the newer ones... and you can get them at a reasonable price on Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I would recommend this service to all my family and my church family. The battery last longer than any other battery I ever used and the phone is great. I could hear clear than ever.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The battery seems to lose power faster than I would expect. Sky battery cannot be replaced. Overall I love the phone look, interface, and operating system.

Google Pixel Company Information