Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Google Pixel Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I purchased a Google Pixel 3 5-1/2 months ago and the battery got damaged by the malfunctioning Pixel 3 charger (the charger was replaced by Google under warranty). I contacted Google customer service and sent the bug report as requested by Google, and they agreed there was a hardware issue. I asked several times what the issue was before someone told me it was a battery problem. I was then told that they would replace the phone with a pristine/refurbished phone. I asked them to replace the battery in my phone and was told by a manager by the name of Jeff "Google does not replace batteries" only devices. I asked that they replace my current mint condition phone, with the exception of a bad battery with a new phone. I was told by the same manager "this is not possible under Google's warranty guidelines".

I asked if the replacement phone would have a new battery installed and was told "No, we don't change batteries". So I asked "you are suggesting that I accept a refurbished phone that could be up to a year old with an original battery that could have in access of 365 charge cycles on it as a direct replacement for my brand new phone and was told "This is our policies. Accept them or don't, your choice." I asked if they would cover the cost of the replacement battery at a Google certified repair center like Ubreak Ifix and was told "NO". This is the first and last Google phone I will ever purchase. My advice to anyone who is looking at picking up a Pixel 3, 4 phone, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY and go elsewhere. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I owned the Pixel 4 for about 3 months and so far I hate it. From paint chipping from the side of the phone for no reason to a broken sim card tray. Customer service was no help. How hard is it for a company to send you a sim card tray? They said I have to take it to authorize Google repair shop. Which I called and they want 54 dollars for a sim card tray. Is this some kind of joke?

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

When trying to get honest reviews about a google product don't trust a google search for those reviews... The Google Pixel 3 phone has been my worst ever and I had lots of phones. Poor design, slow, bad display, charges slow unless you buy a 75$ google charger... Just horrible.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Put through technical dept. My stylus stopped working. First they did troubleshooting Fine. They asked me 20 questions like exact dates etc when they have all the info. Then they wanted pictures etc. Then they wanted more and more. They seem to located abroad call center. Still issue not resolved. Next time I will buy Apple. Everything is online and no store to go to to tell them your issues.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have a Google Pixel 3 that the motherboard failed one month after the phone was out of warranty. I sent it to Google and they wanted $450 to repair the phone. I have owned the Pixel 1 that was not much better and had to be replaced twice. I don’t want to be an iPhone supporter but Google will never get a dime from me again. Customer service was less than helpful and on December 24th I was told a supervisor would call me. I’m still waiting for that call. Buyer beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Google Pixel customer service and the phone itself has been a complete nightmare. DO NOT BUY A PIXEL and know that the customer service is one of the worst I've ever encountered. Phone was defective from the start. Multiple defects including speakerphone didn't work, ringer never worked, even after resetting to factory settings. Saw online others had same issue. Texting issues as well. I reported it. Went through hell but they finally agreed to send a phone. It took multiple calls and emails. Then they sent not a new phone (despite buying a new phone) - they sent a refurbished phone. Also defective and dirty/used/not ok.

They've now taken almost $1000 of my money - I don't have a working phone - and all that customer service says - for literally 6 months now - is that it's "escalated to a specialist" and there's been no way for me to get any other answers. For 6 months. All they say is "I understand your concern" and then to wait. NOTHING has been done. Bad product. Horrific service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

This whole Pixel 3xl purchase has been the worst phone experience of my life and I am not young. The phone just stopped working after 6 months... I think they call it the "black Screen of Death". I am in the process of trying to get a new/refurbished phone from Google, but for some unknown reason my case has been sent to the escalation team that apparently doesn't work weekends and given that this is Monday evening and I have not had a response, it doesn't appear that they work Mondays either. I am now 5 days in with no phone and no answers... If you're thinking about purchasing a phone from Google, please take my advice and DON'T DO IT!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My wife purchased a Pixel3 from Target in August. We use Verizon as a provider. Several weeks ago, sound alerts for phone calls messages, etc. stopped. You can call out, but will not know when a call or message came in, or alarm goes off. November 30 opened an incident with Google help. We generated the requested bug reports and screenshots and sent them in. Sent them again three days later, and again on that day from a second email address to assure they would receive the requested files. The only response was a notice to only use the original Gmail account. At least we know the files must have been received. No analysis of the reports appears to have been done, and no follow up was attempted by Google.

Called multiple times where the entire problem had to be related for the existing incident. Never any follow up. During this time multiple techs at Verizon attempted to diagnose the problem, and sales at Target tried to determine how to follow up with Google warranty. Finally spoke to a Google support supervisor who stated the warranty would only be honored if the phone was examined by a "Ubreakifx" technician. The nearest ubreakifix location is in Newton CT, 80+ miles from our location Albany N.Y. The Ubreakifix technician diagnosed a bad motherboard on December 7. He states this is a common problem, and Google has a history of not supporting the product. We will see if Google ever honors the hardware warranty. Next step, NY Attorney General complaint.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Don't go for it. It's been 2 months. I am following up with the support team and they are making excuses. The device has a manufacturing defect and there is no hope of service from the Google Pixel team. Worst service. Dont waste your hard-earned money.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

When new, this phone is great. The camera is exceptional. I really wanted to stay on Android OS and Pixel 3, with its great camera, seemed like a perfect choice. I have the phone less than 6 months and it started shutting down when the battery level reaches 50-70%. After only 6 months?!!! This is so disconcerting. I found bunch of posts about the same issues and it seems like Google has no solution for it. Pixel 4 has same issues. Google's support will send me a replacement device as I'm still under warranty. But listen to this: the warranty on the new/replacement phone will NOT be for another year, but only until the initial warranty deadline. So, if my phone breaks again in 9 months, I'm in trouble. I am very sad to say, but if I knew about how mishandled this issue was, I wouldn't have bought this phone. But, if you still choose to buy it, please buy a 2-year preferred care!!!

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Google Pixel Company Information