1.94/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Google Pixel

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

33 Google Pixel Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Not only is the phone so unstable tech support can't help other than to replace the phone... Pixel refuses to extend the warranty. I am on the third phone. The first two had the same issues plus unique ones as well. Phone would shut down, apps close on their own and the phone would lock up and not close or navigate. Two phones, same issues. Battery life was terrible even though I had taken off most applications. I was told if I didn't like the model to pay more and upgrade. I paid $900 for the original phone! Horrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Switched from an iPhone 6 to a Pixel because it has 128 GB of memory and a good camera and I take a lot of photos. It's way too technical for me and I can't even get thru to customer service to get my rings switched from TWO to EIGHT!!! This is a big mistake for me!!!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Problems with new Google Pixel 3A involving camera focus and irrational unresponsiveness of phone. Tried customer service to remedy and after 3 weeks despite troubleshooting, multiple emails/calls, and a third part sponsored repair facility, no repair or replacement has taken place. All I get is the run around.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I bought my Pixel 3a 2 months ago. Three weeks after purchasing the phone it started randomly shutting off. I have to hold the power button and volume button down for 30 seconds or longer to restart. It can happen up to 3-4 times a day. I contacted Google who told me to take it to their support partner to run a diagnostic on it. I took it in and they wouldn't run a diagnostic because Google blamed them for the problem if they opened up the phone. What? Contacted Google again and because I didn't have a ticket number from Google's service provider they wouldn't help me. After wasting hours with both Google and the service provider, I have to start all over again with taking the phone back to the service provider.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

To be frank, this is one of my worst purchases. Here are a few reasons specially for the price of this device:

1. Thousands of pictures got deleted from my phone. They are nowhere to be found. Not even on photos. It turns out a lot of people have had the same issue.
      2. This phone lags a lot.
      3. User interface sucks.

4. Lack of customization options.

I would have been fine with points 3 and 4 because I can still download stuff that can help improve the user interface. 2 is just sad for this price and because of 2 I wouldn't recommend this device to my friends. But 1 is absolutely not acceptable. After 1, I have lost all faith on Google. I wont be making a google purchase any time soon. I say google because that was one of the selling points for me. Pixel 3XL was a complete disaster for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I purchased a Pixel 3A XL and in 3 months the speaker is not working. Spent an hour with Google support and they were not able to fix it. Next they send me to a uBreakiFix store and they are not able to fix it and said (in writing) it needs to be replaced. Called Google and they are now asking me me ship the phone to them without providing a replacement phone.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Pixel 3a worked well for 3 weeks. After that, 1st major issue is the fingerprint unlock quit working then disappeared. Turns out, it's been a know issue for some time. 2nd major issue is the phone's display continually goes down to where the brightness is barely visible. 3rd issue is phone is very glitchy, needs constant rebooting. 4th issue is that the phone is impossible to keep organized, it keeps redistributing the program icons to various positions.

After spending hours trying to fix, adjust, reset and the massively lame tech support from India, Google's solution is to either send phone in for a 7-10 turn around time or take it to their designated and unheard 3rd party service vendor, a major security concern if you have data on your phone with an undetermined turn around time. Pretty lame for a 4 week old phone. The take away for me is to stay with what works, and for me that is Samsung. As soon as I get home, I'm buying a Samsung and taking this $400 phone to the range for target practice. I use my phone for work and I can't live with the constant aggravation.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I bought my phone from Spectrum Mobile finding out that they will only warranty it for 14 days. I was then told after I had the phone for 3 weeks and multiple calls to Spectrum Mobile and Google that I need to go to Google for the warranty. The phone never worked right from the first day. Multiple calls and 3 weeks of owning the phone I am told Spectrum would not exchange it for a new one and I must call Google.

Google downgrades your warranty if you buy it from a retailer and not from them. (Figure that one out, guess they want all the profit.) After calling them repeatedly with issues such as smart lock doesn't work, bluetooth doesn't recognize and stay connected, no notification that I have voicemail, and last but not least it did not recognize I was home and continuously locked my phone, I gave up and said I wanted them to replace my phone since it was several days past the big 14 day warranty that Spectrum gave me. Google then tells me they will not replace my phone but I should take it to uBreakiFix, which I did. They (GOOGLE) then refused to do the repair even though uBreakiFix had the part and was ready to do the repair.

We went back and forth for several weeks. GOOGLE saying that wasn't able to fix the phone even though I had the work order with the denial from Google and emailed it to them. After continuous calls to them they decided to escalate it and there it sits. Constant calls and emails got me nowhere. uBreakiFix contacted them with no results. Then finally they said they would replace it with a REFURBISHED PHONE. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? NOT a new exchange for a phone that is 3 weeks old and was damaged when I received it. (THE MOTHERBOARD NEEDED TO BE REPLACED.) The next day I received an email saying DO NOT RETURN THE PHONE since it has a ticket and was escalated. So back to square one.

uBreakiFix was wonderful through this whole ordeal and because they felt GOOGLE had such poor customer service and they had told (GOOGLE) it is not right to treat a customer this way. uBreakiFix repaired my phone and ate the cost. KUDOS AND 5 STARS TO uBreakiFix. I was told when GOOGLE first escalated this issue that it would be 24-48 hours to resolve it. It has now been 2 1/2 weeks with no call back and no resolution even though I called them multiple times. If not for uBreakiFix I still wouldn't have a working phone.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Worked fine for the first 6 months then the screen started freezing. I would have to tap on the screen up to eight times to get it to unfreeze. Sent it back and the replacement did the same thing. Sent that back and now my third phone is doing the same thing while also not being able to take phone calls. Only works on speakerphone. Person on the other side says it's broken up and echoey. I seriously hate this phone. It's so obnoxious. It's so hard to find help because all the online resources do not fix these problems. I'm about to go get my 4th phone. I'd rather get any other phone but I paid so much for this one then I felt obligated to try another because I have the insurance. Haven't even had it for a year yet. Yes the camera is great and I've been lucky not to have one of the myriad of camera problems.

Google should recall these phones and reimburse everyone. I'm not even a normally a hard critic but these issues are totally unacceptable. I've included a picture to show what the frozen screen is doing. In the top left corner and you can see the phone is keeping the actual time but the widget time is freezing. This is just one of the hundred and fifty times a day it's doing it.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Since day 1 I have had nothing but issues with this phone. Support is pretty much non-existent. Spend more time searching for solutions. Incoming call will not ring, can't access voicemail on the phone, can't get notifications to sound, phone gets stuck and I have to restart. List goes on and on. 3 hours with their tech support and still have these problems. Tech support is not talking to a live person, very difficult to follow the arrow "instructions"! On average I restart the phone 5/6 times. Really a piece of garbage!

Google Pixel Company Information