3.9/5 (228 ratings)

About Google Pixel

Google Pixel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

It is a great phone, but it has glitches. Camera is wonderful. Seamless syncing to my Google accounts is nice, if a bit scary in a Big brotherly way. Mine will brick from time to time only to wake up when connected to power. Never a reply on what may be happening. Still, a super powered phone for a standard phone price. Regardless of how you feel about the company, they do strive for excellence, and don't just pretend to it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I use cell phones for more than just calls & texts. They are my mini computer. I use them for just about everything for the internet. Including aps, Facebook, email, games, research, alarms, photos etc. I love my Pixel 3 XL. It takes amazing photos. Has many options for retouching photos. Long battery life. One of my favorite advantages is the quick charge. I can get a full charge in about an hour. I would recommend it to anyone who wants reliability in a cell phone & wants versatility.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

It is refreshing to have acquired a phone that does everything that I need a phone to do without having to pay a thousand dollars or more. The Google Pixel 4a is an outstanding phone for less than half the cost of other phones that are seen as "flagship" phones. Excellent call quality, superb internet connection and speed. The screens are able to be organized in any manner that fits your personality. I am very pleased that I bought this phone.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

The device performs like a $1000 flagship phone but cost me less than 1/3 that price. Photos are awesome, battery life great and overall provides an incredible user experience. I've recommended this phone to many people and they are all happy with their purchase.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

The Pixel 3A is an amazingly nice no-frills android phone. It has no bloatware and always runs the latest version of android. The screen is excellent and the camera, although only one, takes excellent pictures especially in the dark. Compared to fancy expensive phones it may fall short on looks and perhaps on RAM. The one thing it should have and doesn't is the ability to add a micro SD card.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The Pixel 3a lasted for 16 months before I turned it off and it never turned back on. Considering I still have 8 months of payments left, it's a pretty bad deal. Customer Service was unwilling to offer any support. I'm very disappointed in what I hoped would be a lasting and decent product.

Original review: July 30, 2021

The phone is expensive compared to phones with better specifications and reviews from Samsung. Based on my experience, it is far behind the iPhone. First, its battery is very weak, you need to charge it frequently. Second, they usually will face a battery problem or power problem, you can look at the reviews. Mine started turning off frequently 8 months after my purchase, and one day it did not turn on. The company does not accept the low quality of their phone, although this is the most reported problem in the reviews. They told me that the power problem can be repaired by them with no charge. However, after examination, they told me there is also a problem with the audio system!!, and I need to pay for that. I did not have any audio problem, and I think they wanted to charge me. I never buy a phone from Google again. Stay away from this phone if you do not want to buy a new one in a year.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I have my family of four using Pixel phones, I replaced the pixel 2xl with Pixel 4xl's about 15 months ago. I had 2 phones fail on pixel 2xl but decide to try again. Change everyone to Pixel 4xl with hope they are better quality. One of the Pixel 4xl's began having charge and boot problems just before one year warranty and luckily Google fixed it. A second phone started have same problem charging and booting up about 15 months, this time I was kicked to curb. Online I see all kind of people having same problems and something about extending warranty, but they did not. They want me to buy another refurb phone for $500 plus.

There isn't a way to contact them other than email, no service company. 2 phones failed neither damage in any way from us. Verizon sells you phones but they don't last 2 years to pay for them. Now I am still paying for a phone that doesn't work. Whole system is a racket. 50% failures of phones is horrible. Don't consider these product. Buy something else. I soon as I can afford it I will get rid of all of them.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I am so delighted with the Pixel phone that I recently purchased two new models, using the "zero percent financing" promotion. A $2 monthly charge began after the second invoice, itemized as "minimum interest charge". I called and learned that the $69 prepaid service plan was not included in the promotion, causing a small amount of monthly interest that increases to $2, or $24 per year. I spoke with a service representative who allowed me to pay the $69, confirming that this action would prevent further charges. However, the company has rescinded the solution and continues to charge, despite my written request for resolution. Bottom line, I warn others to tread carefully. I have lost confidence with the Google store purchase financed by Synchrony Bank.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Within 2 months of owning this phone I was unable to charge it without powering it down. Purchased at Best Buy but they are unable to do anything about supporting a warranty from Google. Best Buy is not contracted by Google to do any type of warranty replacement or work. Wish I had been told this before I purchased the phone. Best Buy did everything they could to help me reach Google. But this has proven to be almost an impossibility. Google does not want to talk to customers. They have no customer service. And it's very difficult to figure out how to even find a chat or a phone number to call.

I called five different phone numbers. Rvery one of them ended up in a loop with absolutely no human contact whatsoever. One person did finally call me back but I was unavailable as I was in the restroom, but this person left absolutely no way for me to call them back. They didn't reach out a second time. They didn't even try. Spent an hour on a chat with service people in India, their only resolution was for me to mail back my phone to them and live without a phone for a minimum of 10 days. That's not acceptable. Google does not care about helping customers. They should not be in the business of selling phones. Or they need to figure out how to contract with Best Buy or whoever sells their phones that they can actually help customers as Google has no interest in doing so.

Google Pixel Company Information