3.9/5 (264 ratings)

About Google Pixel

Google Pixel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: April 21, 2022

Used many OnePlus phones, budget android smartphones and Google's old nexus line. Pixel 6 is my worst android experience. The phone lags, hangs and freezes when opening simple apps and web pages. The keyboard has already lagged twice typing this. Factory reset helped some but not much. Battery life is only good if you turn off all the extra features they use to sell you the phone. Even then the phone gets extremely hot when viewing basic web pages. Sometimes it gets randomly hot when not in use like pull it out of your pocket because it is burning you kind of hot.

Unable to game due to the phone randomly killing the internet connection. Other devices in the same location, on the same network don't experience issues. Pixel 6 goes max lag with packet loss and sometimes just disconnects. If I hadn't gotten mine comped down to under $100 I would have returned it already and gotten a Oneplus even though they are not yet certified on att 5G. I still might get rid of this phone just because of how bad it is...

Original review: April 2, 2022

This is the worst user interface I have ever encountered. Buy anything else but this one. Google phones suck. You can't do anything with it. In fact, even the basic functions are not straightforward or user friendly let alone apps and whatnot.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2022

You have to be a safe cracker to use it for the simplest of things, Do NOT buy!!!! Hey Google feel free to contact me if you'd like to prove me wrong! You've got my info. Once again this phone is impossible to navigate.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Do not buy a Google phone. After 1 year and 4 months the top ½ inch of the screen no longer detects my touch. That’s where all the menus are so it makes apps that don’t flip to landscape - unusable. I even tried a factory reset. Google says my only option is to replace the screen, but the two repair places I went to BOTH told me Google phones are a POS and not worth repairing. They said they see a ton of Google phones in for repair. I spent almost $400 for this phone and got a little over 1 year of use, and because it’s 4 months over the warranty – Google won’t do anything. I’m going back to my $200 Motorola that last years and have great cameras. I’m so mad about this. Don’t buy a Google phone!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I was convinced by my daughter to get this Pixel 6 phone with a promotion being offered by T-Mobile. I was convinced because she said it has an excellent camera. I will give the phone credit for that--the camera is very good, BUT that does not compensate for the endless number of other problems I have had with this phone. I had to turn in the first one after 1 month. It was constantly going off into weird settings on its own. Will randomly just turn off. Will just change an app setting on its own. Two different times it went into some weird setting--Talk back--my phone was literally talking to me in fast and slow speech, went from English to Spanish--all the while I am constantly turning it off and on to try to get rid of this weird setting. NOTHING!! It is like the phone is possessed!

Then after that it would not charge! Nothing! Just quit charging. This is the 2nd phone! The first one was just as bad. I think they gave me a reject phone that was refurbished as the replacement phone. Both are HORRIBLE!! I have had cellphones for 25 years, and mostly not very expensive ones. I have NEVER had a phone give me so many problems as this phone. I will just break down and purchase another phone--another manufacture, even if the camera is not as good. It is just NOT worth it to have this much constant aggravation and irritation. Between both phones, I have only had them a total of 4 months. This is just plain Unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Ever since I purchased my Google Pixel phone. I had nothing but trouble. You cannot use all the functions of the phone. In comparison to all other phone out there, this is the worst phone to get. Do waste your money. I was originally an Iphone but I will go and buy a Samsung or LG instead. The phone is heavy like a brick and lacks many many features. Not worth the money at all.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I don't understand why this site rates the Pixel at 4.9 over-all, when all reviews I see are only one star?? Anyway, I've owned the phone just over 1 year and it has been a consistent pain, wasting dozens of precious hours. Problems with the assistant prevail. OK Google shuts down with every update and is not possible to reinstall without turning off updates. Did a factory reset yesterday to recover assistant, and today, with a new update, it is again missing. Now I cannot even block newest updates. I am furious and the warranty has now run out, and the ONLY way to get any help is through their 'community'. No online support, no phone support. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Owned this phone for 10 months, when it failed to power up. 1 to 3% max battery, sent to Google for service, they replied with liquid and the cost to repair was greater than to replace. They offered to replace with a reconditioned one at a cost of $363 or return my phone. The problem I have are. 1- The phone was never exposed to liquid. 2- No way to contact a real person to discuss limited options. 3- A new google Black Friday offer new at $399 with 3 months Google Fi. 4- Why would I want another google product if they put out crap and don’t support it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I travel a lot, so the camera was important. Google Pixel has an awesome camera, in terms of clarity, focus, colors, etc. The phone was fine, but the technology doesn't last! It doesn't update, adjust to new programs or stay reliable. It crashes every 5 minutes, if it isn't 90% charged! If it's 40-60% charged, and one is trying to do anything besides talking or texting, it crashes. I'd try to use the GPS, and use maps, but crashed. That's very bad, as I couldn't reset anything while driving! I had owned a couple of Samsung Galaxy phones. They both lasted a LONG time, updated easily and stayed reliable. They were worth their prices. The pixel did NOT last, or live up to its price!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

I had to mail a Pixel4a with 5g that was under warranty to Google, as that is the only option to get service. Out of the blue the UI system stopped responding. They told me to take it to a service center an hour away. I walked in and explained the problem. Without looking at the phone they knew immediately that it needed a motherboard replacement and told me to contact Google. On the way back home I spent an hour on the phone with Google asking them to ship a replacement and bill me and I would then ship the phone under warranty to them and they could credit my account when they receive the defective phone, minimizing my time without a phone. The representative said that there was not a supervisor available to OK this. In all of Google, not one supervisor available. Unbelievable!

I give up on trying to get a phone expedited to me, and tell them to send me the RMA and shipping label. I follow the instructions given and never receive the label. After a week I contact customer support again and finally receive a label. I package the phone carefully surrounding it with protective cushioning and place it in a box, and send it back to Google. A week later I receive a response, "Your phone has a software issue and it would be to costly to repair, we will send you a refurbished phone, however your screen is cracked, so it will cost you $150 for the refurbished phone." WHAT!! The phone was in pristine physical condition, the screen was not cracked. Google says, "Sorry the screen is cracked now and that is all we can do."

I contact customer service again and explain the issue and they ask if I used my own packaging? "Yes of course, you only sent me a label, what was I supposed to use." "Well since you used your own packaging there is nothing we can do." I ask for a photo of the cracked screen, Google responds with, "We are unable to provide you with a photo." WHAT!! So I am left with pay for the damage that, if it was there, I did not cause, or have the unfixable phone sent back to me, only now they have cracked the screen. So I send in the $150 to get my phone back. I will not be purchasing the Pixel 6 that I had planned on purchasing. Nor will I ever spend another dollar on a Google product of any kind ever again. I also tell this story to as many people as possible when the opportunity arises.

Mark **