2.67/5

18 Google Pixel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2019

Had trouble with my phone battery. Google says they'll exchange it, but I have to send them my phone first; and they'll send me the replacement IN 5 TO 10 DAYS!!! I use my phone to work, how can they be so blase about customer needs. I am dropping everything Google.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Customer Service in Spain is terrible. My phone was unfunctional, nearly one year after buying it. First contact with customer service was fast and ok. Restore original settings, and so on. Once all tests were done from my side and nothing worked, "especialists" took care of the issue. It's more than two weeks now that specialists are working on it. Funny thing is that they never asked for the phone, which is here with me, so I wonder how are they working on it. I asked and asked many times what are they doing and why is it taking so long. The answer is always the same,"You have to be patient." I am not patient any more, I am really angry about it. I will never buy a Google phone again, I am really disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased Google Pixel-1 on 10th July 2017 and within an year (22 June, 2018) faced issue with microphone where callers can't hear my voice. As my device was still under warranty the phone was shipped to Service Center in Mumbai, India and motherboard was replaced free of cost to address the issue. Within 2 months again the same problem appeared where callers can’t hear my voice and sent the phone to service center on 8-Aug-2018. This time as my phone was out of warranty I had to pay for the service and fixed it.

I am totally frustrated now as the same problem appeared in April 2019 and now I got a quotation of 23,000 INR to replace the Motherboard. It's an awful experience as a customer as the phone is not at all worth from a company like Google and its reviews across Internet are the same. Nobody cares the picture quality of Pixel when the device is not worth a phone call. Customer support is super annoying where they can't escalate the issue and can't give me a call back on time or make me talk to their supervisor. This is my first complaint this forum and I will find out how to log a consumer complaint on Google.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I bought a brand new Pixel 3 device and within 2 weeks of buying it the screen started flashing rendering the phone unusable. I got in touch with the service centre who took the phone saying they'd fix it and give it back to me. This same thing has now happened to me 4 times in the last 3 months. The phone comes back to me and within a week starts flashing again. No matter how many times I've told them, they refuse to give me a new device or refund my money. This has been the worst customer care experience of my life and I think no-one should be buying Google phones as they are currently making very faulty pieces.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Awful phone and worse company. My brand new phone did not work after two months. Their solution was to send a refurbished phone that they assured me was like new because of their strict refurbishing process. The phone they sent me malfunctioned as well. I asked for a refund. They refuse. They keep telling me I can only continue to get refurbished phones and no refunds allowed even though every device they send me doesn't work. BEWARE!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I got this phone 2 months ago and I feel completely trapped and hopeless thanks to Google's customer service. There is nowhere else I've been able to review this phone. Basically since I got this phone apps have been crashing and I've had to do constant updates just to simply make the phone work like it's supposed to. And then a MONTH after purchasing the phone a software error made it so that my camera, the only reason I got this phone, no longer opened or worked. I contacted Google's customer service who told me if I sent it in I could get the phone replaced. Within the week I accidentally dropped the phone and the screen cracked. Google will no longer replace the faulty phone they sold me a month ago because now due to the external damage it is "no longer within warranty"...a MONTH after receiving the phone.

I now will have to pay $500 to "uBreakiFix" for them to fix the external damage just for Google to replace this phone that I paid to get fixed with a new phone. I insisted I just wanted my cracked phone fixed as the software problem has nothing to do with the external damage and they said they could not do that. I need the external damage paid for and fixed before they can sent me AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PHONE. There is absolutely no solution and I feel trapped and completely devastated. There is no other avenue for me to review this phone and I honestly feel like Google has made it so that their unhappy customers have to go through mostly unseen websites to review their terrible product. Basically I would not recommend this phone, or Google products in general to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Google Pixel customer service is useless. All they do is repeat bad policy as though it is a law and solution. I am furious. I paid full price for a Pixel 3XL and it arrived with so many issues, I tried to get it replaced. Google refuses to send me a new phone, only a refurbished phone. I paid $900 for a new phone and they want to send me a refurbished (used) phone for that same price when they sell refurbished phones for $350 Less. They refuse to reimburse me. That is stealing! Plain and simple. A wonky phone and a bad policy. Google is stealing my money.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My son's Google Pixel XL started having problems. When we would charge it the phone would not stay on. Now the phone will charge turned off but will never turn on. When I contacted Verizon they told us to contact the Google Pixel customer service since it's been less than a year and still under warranty. Once I contacted them they requested the proof of purchase which I sent along with our payment plan both of which were turned down so I had to get the Verizon store on the phone that I had purchased it from. They sent over their official proof of purchase.

That was still not enough then they had another issue since it is my son's phone who is 13. Keep in mind I purchase the phone, paid for it and my signature is on the receipt. But my son's email is the one that's linked to the Google Pixel with family link in my email link to that. It's clear they do not want to help us nor stand by their warranty and I've been on the phone with Google device care for over 3 hours trying to resolve this issue. It looks like I will have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because they are unwilling to stand by their warranty. We will never purchase another Google Pixel phone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

We had our Google Pixel for only about a year and a half before the motherboard shorted out and had to get replaced. Google told us to bring it to the nearest "uBreakiFix" store to have it fixed. They say the motherboards are on backorder. It has been over four weeks since my elderly mother has been able to take or send phone calls. I've called and spoken to Google Customer Service several times about this issue and they say there is nothing they can do. Absolutely terrible.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I recently tried to order a Pixel 2 phone and start Project Fi service for my mom and I. All seemed well, and we hit the "buy" button. Unfortunately, Google (I think) seemed to think there was possibly fraudulent activity on the account, and sent a request for more information--which included asking to upload bank statements, photos of my government-issued IDs, and photos of credit cards. I have never been asked to verify an online payment via sharing all of my financial information, and would caution Google against normalizing such means, as these are techniques often used by scam organizations. If, in fact, this was a fraudulent request, then Google is doing a very poor job screening such emails. Unfortunately, the Google help chat folks were very unhelpful as well. If this continues, I will absolutely NEVER recommend Project Fi to anyone, despite its reasonable-seeming cost.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I love my Google Pixel! It has all the convenience of an iPhone with all the flexibility of a traditional Android. The pictures come out beautifully. I also prefer the fingerprint scanner location to all other phones. It's in the back, right where you hold the phone anyway. Really convenient and really fun to use!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

You are never alone with Google. It answers all your questions immediately and takes you anywhere you want to go. The best tool ever. I highly recommend this tool to the older folks.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The Pixel XL has worked perfectly since I activated it. Battery life is good. Screen quality is great and the camera is superb. The interface is clear and I have no unnecessary applications.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My present experience with cell phones have been good ones. I expect problems from time to time, due to man made materials and equipment faults, but these problems are usually handled by returning the phone to the store where I purchased it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This phone I own is adequate for my personal needs. I like the use of the internet mobile. It keeps me updated on world information, helps maintain contact with friends and relatives.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My wife and I both use the Nexus 6, very superior to the newer Google phones as it has wireless charging, water resistant, and a great big screen. It will upgrade to 7.1.1 so no need to buy the newer ones... and you can get them at a reasonable price on Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I would recommend this service to all my family and my church family. The battery last longer than any other battery I ever used and the phone is great. I could hear clear than ever.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The battery seems to lose power faster than I would expect. Sky battery cannot be replaced. Overall I love the phone look, interface, and operating system.

Google Pixel Company Information