3.8/5 (135 ratings)

About Google Pixel

Google Pixel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Pixel?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

I have had the pixel 7 Pro for 3 months, recently I found a black spot on the screen. There is zero issue with the glass, still in mint condition. Took the phone to the place of purchase, they had no idea what it was but was just past the return date. Reading over Google's warranty I took it to the local authorized repair shop. They informed me that I was at fault and would cost me 300.00 to have it repaired. I'm at fault so I ordered my own screen from iFixit with tools cost 280. When removing the digitizer I found a screw had come loose and pushed into the back of the digitizer. I took pictures and a video. Started a support ticket with Google sent them the picture. They then informed me to take it to the authorized repair shop and have them go through the phone. Repair shop informed me that there's nothing they can do. And Google is still giving me a runaround. Be advised if you have a black dot under your camera it is a loose screw.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

I had a Google Pixel 3 for years and I loved it. I recently upgraded to the Pixel 7. For some inexplicable reason they've made taking screenshots almost impossible. Also, when I scroll through my photos it will close if I swipe too quickly. If I'm searching for a photo that is not at the top and I'm moving quickly I frequently have to start over when my gallery disappears. So frustrating!!! I've also had problems with my voicemail. Calls going straight to voice mail, no notifications and I can no longer access visual voicemail.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

This is my 3rd Google phone. I am very very unhappy! Do I have a lemon or are they all like this? It is NOT intuitive and things are constantly wrong. Calls don't come through. Multiple picture get sent when I only sent one. It goes to mute when I didn't put it on mute. Calls drop. I've had it for less than a year and the battery doesn't last. If I'm talking to someone and send a text, sometimes they don't get it until the next day. It's not easy to get from one screen to another when it seems like it should be easy. Is it my carrier: Comcast? Or the phone? I'm VERY unhappy.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Google thinking they know all the phone is always trying to think for you. This is not a good thing at all. Never buy another Google phone. Taking screenshots could be better also trying to push two bottoms at once can be difficult.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I bought this as a used phone 2 years ago, my first Pixel. Even though it was released in 2017 and is only eligible for Android 11, it has been excellent. Excellent camera and screen. Very good battery life. The only problem that I have had was a freeze which required a factory reset a few months ago. No problems since then. Apparently all pixel phones are not created equal. Mine is probably one of the better ones. I will likely do the same thing again.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I accidentally downloaded a virus (I know, don't get me started) and I went to their device support branches to get a repair and they couldn't help me so I contacted their customer support and explained that they couldn't help me and within 10 minutes I had a shipping label to return my device and get a replacement. Easy peasy. Lemon squeezy. I Will now be forever a loyal lifetime Google user. On top of the fact that it's a great phone, The customer service support was beyond imaginable. Best customer support ever. 10 out of 10 would recommend. I am astonished at their ability to be human and to be kind and helpful because that doesn't happen anymore. Super happy.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I purchased a Google Pixel 6 in March 2022 from Visible, which is a reseller of the Verizon network, and within 30 days the Motherboard went and the phone would only text or make calls and I could not get Data. It took 8 days to get Google to send me a refurbished replacement and here I am, less than 3 months later with a non working phone. Same issue...bad motherboard, poor reception and no data. Wifi only.

Google hides behind Customer Support Reps that have to ask a Supervisor to do anything and then they come back and say "Sorry, the Supervisor said No." On my first call with Google, the Customer Service Rep told me it wasn't really their problem as I didn't buy the phone from Google. Total waste of $600.00! Seach the web, not on Google, for reviews of the Google Pixel 6, or any Google product really, and you will find complaint after complaint. Another problem I did not mention before is how hot the phone gets. A moderately warm day will cause the phone to overheat and shut down. In my opinion the Google Pixel 6 is the worst phone ever created!

Original review: April 21, 2022

Used many OnePlus phones, budget android smartphones and Google's old nexus line. Pixel 6 is my worst android experience. The phone lags, hangs and freezes when opening simple apps and web pages. The keyboard has already lagged twice typing this. Factory reset helped some but not much. Battery life is only good if you turn off all the extra features they use to sell you the phone. Even then the phone gets extremely hot when viewing basic web pages. Sometimes it gets randomly hot when not in use like pull it out of your pocket because it is burning you kind of hot.

Unable to game due to the phone randomly killing the internet connection. Other devices in the same location, on the same network don't experience issues. Pixel 6 goes max lag with packet loss and sometimes just disconnects. If I hadn't gotten mine comped down to under $100 I would have returned it already and gotten a Oneplus even though they are not yet certified on att 5G. I still might get rid of this phone just because of how bad it is...

Original review: April 2, 2022

This is the worst user interface I have ever encountered. Buy anything else but this one. Google phones suck. You can't do anything with it. In fact, even the basic functions are not straightforward or user friendly let alone apps and whatnot.

Original review: March 14, 2022

You have to be a safe cracker to use it for the simplest of things, Do NOT buy!!!! Hey Google feel free to contact me if you'd like to prove me wrong! You've got my info. Once again this phone is impossible to navigate.

Google Pixel Company Information