1.39/5

1558 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 9, 2019

I cancelled my service because I got a better rate and plan. They had just taken a payment out of my bank account and when I inquired about my refund, I was informed that Cricket does not give refunds at all. What a rip off. I hope they enjoy that last payment.

Original review: June 8, 2019

We needed to get a new phone and the person there, whose name is Ryan, was absolutely amazing. Super helpful and he really knows what he's doing. We had a great experience. He is very knowledgeable....

Original review: June 6, 2019

This review is about all United States based companies that outsource customer service overseas and the poor quality they provide. I've had numerous issues with the customer service carriers I've used over the past few years where all of the customer service is directed to a contractor in the Middle East where the agents barely speak English understand English even less. I can never get any issues with my services resolved and I'm not the only person who has experienced this problem. With the demand for $15 per hour or higher minimum wage more companies will outsource service outside of the United States where people overseas work for pennies on the dollar and the quality of customer service will become ever worse.

Today I had to change my payment due date for Cricket Wireless from June 30, 2019 to July 3, 2019 through the Cricket Wireless Authorized Retailer and in spite of the Middle Eastern Customer Service Agent claiming that he changed the date I received a text message from Cricket Wireless two hours later telling me that the payment due date is still June 30th. Twenty to thirty years ago customer service centers were in the US and I never had these issues and I wish I could return to the 1970's and the 1980's.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I ordered a phone online to finance thru Progressive Leasing. I called both companies the very next day to cancel the order. It was already in transit. Was advised to reject delivery or catch at UPS facility and return to sender. I was told that if it was receive back unopened that the $25 upgrade charge would be credited back. The package was caught in transit and returned to sender. I got confirmation from UPS that the package had been received at their facility. I contacted both parties again as directed by Cricket representative. The rep I spoke with confirmed that it had been received and money would be refunded in 3-5 days. I gave a few extra days still not refunded. Called back and was told it would be 7-10 days longer.

In the mean time my account was drafted for a phone payment. Gave a few extra days and after being transferred 3 times, I ask for a manager. Got a supervisor. She advised that she would look into it and send me a case number via text. Never got it until I gave bad review on a survey. Still not resolved after a month of multiple calls and speaking with multiple people. They keep telling me to call Progressive and I have each time. The last time the Progressive rep told me that I should not be calling them, they are waiting on Cricket to send them an invoice that the phone had been returned. Beyond fed up!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I bought a Cricket phone in Ocala, Fl in Aug 2015. I went back the next day to ask questions, they would not help me. On May 18th this year 2019 I went to the Cricket store in Dunnellon Fl. Jose said the phone I bought was discontinued and it was no good. So I bought a flip phone, went back 3 days later and said I didn't buy it only the service so I was out the 50 some dollars. Yesterday I had my phone, the first one looked at and the reason I had a problem with it is that the first jerk that sold me a phone put the wrong email address. All these people do is sell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: June 1, 2019

I currently use the $30 for 2 gigs of data plan. I suppose the price is fine but the service is straight garbage. For whatever reason, the first month I was able to stream YouTube videos at 480p with no lag or load times. After I hit the data limit I was still able to stream at 144p with zero lag so long as I let it buffer for like 15 seconds. Lo and behold, it's a new month, I have data to spare again but for some reason now I cant even stream 144p without it freezing every 5 seconds. It's worse now than when I had no data! This phone is brand new, I haven't put so much as a single app or photo on it! I'm using it in the same location that I've been using it every day for the previous month! They even have the nerve to count this towards my data usage for the month. This company has been by far the worst ever since its conception and I cant believe my lapse in judgement to go back to them. Avoid cricket like the plague, straight garbage carrier.

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 10, 2019, I purchased a new $49.99 cell phone from the Cricket store in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Ten days later, I went back to the store because the phone was malfunctioning. The store employees accused me of misusing the phone, which I didn't. They made a temporary "fix" on the phone so I left. I went back on May 23, 2019, because the phone was completely unusable, and the screen had turned red.

All I wanted to do was replace the phone and keep the service. I still had the purchase receipt. Because I hadn't returned the phone six days after I purchased it, I was told that I was out of luck. The fact that it was a manufacturing defect was irrelevant. At this point I was out $50 for the phone; $25 for the activation fee and $55 for the monthly charge. At that point, I decided I was done with the "lower end" cell phone companies. When I switched my service to a new company, the representatives told me that they'd had a customer come in earlier in the day with the exact same complaint about Cricket.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Cricket advertises that the phone has an SD card to increase your storage capabilities. It is true that it contains an SD card slot. It does not increase your storage because Cricket prevents you from moving apps to it. All installed apps must be in your internal storage. This will not force me to spend hundreds more on a better phone. I'd rather pay ANOTHER company the extra cash.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I've been with Cricket for 5 years or more. Every store in this town is horrible. They do not honor their product, nor the insurance. It's a long story but just know when you go to Cricket Wireless they will do you dirty in Leesburg locations. 34748 Florida. My name is Melody, my husband and I spend oodles of money there. I'm a developer too. But no more as far as I'm concerned. Cricket is all fraud! And they get no stars. It made me choose it. **

Original review: May 23, 2019

NO STARS DESERVED!! It would not allow me to review w/o rating. No stars should be given to this sham of a provider. I went to a local Cricket store 2421 Grand Concourse Bronx NY 10468 when I finally decided due to lack of sec with my other provider. Manager ** was the one who eagerly and charismatically took care of my concerns. Save yourself the horrible experience of calls breaking up. I have had this phone for 2 days and internet is slow, call drop, people constantly telling me they cannot hear me.

I went back to the store because ** assured me that if anything was wrong with this product which he boasted was the latest 32 gig and 12 mega pix that finger print yada yada was the absolute right choice for me. I went to the store. It was quite a diff story. I was at first told by one assoc that I was out the money spent. I no longer could get any disc or perks because now I was an actual customer that I would have to pay for all exchange costs. Of course I found that to be unacceptable since all that was assured to me with the Alcatel Onyx came to be unfactual.

I even went as far as to say it wasn't ** fault because after all he does not own company or make the device. It's what Cricket put out there and he pushed it and explained its capabilities according to what he was told when he was given the product to sell in store, I was finally put on the phone with manager ** by other manager ** because I felt as a very very new unsatisfied customer that I should not be further inconvenienced and stripped of any new customer perks because the phone was not delivering what was told to me, I in speaking with ** was yelled at. He was irate about my having said to his assoc that he sold me a bad phone when I mentioned several times that he was actually nice and very eager to help.

I also said to assoc I did not mind upgrading service to faster plan and that I did not place blame on him. I simply felt that the product was inferior. ** screamed at me. Said to me that I put my other thru the same thing. He went as far as to yell on top of my trying to explain he was not the same person I saw 2 days prior when buying the phone. I became a little emotional because I could not believe the verbal attack I was under! I could not believe he never apologized or listened to me. He was convinced by whomever called within the store that I was in some way throwing him under the bus which was not true. I stated several times that I thought he simply was doing what he believed was to be true selling a new product and sharing its capabilities.

At this point he yelled and insulted me so much that I knew I no longer wanted to continue service with this company. I have been with Metro PCS for over 5 years, never wrote a review on them, have never been through this with them... I simply no longer felt comfortable with the lack of security on my line. ** went as far as to mock me and state that I was the problem and that no cell provider is going to alert me if someone makes changes on my account. I stated to **, "So mon when you were agreeing with my concerns you were not being truthful with me. You simply wanted the sale really?"

I had enough. I have filed complaint with BBB and am writing a letter to the CEO John Dwyer expressing these occurrences and I have switched to Verizon. Look we are all out here doing the best we can to get by in a much to expensive world, we do not deserve to be treated with such lack of respect and or questionable sales tactics on top of inferior product! Shame on you Cricket for allowing this to happen to your consumers.

Cricket Wireless Company Information