3.6/5 (734 ratings)

About Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I have called customer support and asked them to fix my hotspot. They couldn't so they hung up on me in the past. I was then told later I could get a free phone then I was told no today. All Convo was recorded and I have prove of this. I will not be using cricket wireless again. I have used my hotspot before then it stopped working all the sudden. I'm glad I didn't buy another phone from them like I was going to do today. Have a great day and enjoy the sunny days...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

We cancelled our cell phone service on the second day of the month (2 phone lines). Cricket would not refund any of our money. This isn't right. The service is for a 30 days of service not a day and a half. I had to wait on the phone to speak to a person from another country with a thick accent whom I could barely understand to tell me there would be no refund. I will never return to Cricket for this reason. Another issue is their cell service has poor reception in certain areas.

There are plenty of other cell phone companies to choose from.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Why do new customers get $0 phones but established customer has to pay 99 or more in most cases. I would think they would reward the established customer for staying loyal. Makes me want to look elsewhere. Also many places are cheaper than Cricket now for multiple unlimited lines. Give me reason to stay cricket!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Their phone service is very good. However the customer service people bring a 5 star rating down to 2. IF ANYTHING happens to your account where you need to speak with them, you will have the same nightmare I have been having for 2 days: I get ahold of them only after waiting 10 or more minutes on the phone. I get through, explain my situation (in this case a billing problem) and another 10-15 min goes by. They tell me they need to transfer me to someone. I say "Please stay on with me because I have been repeatedly cut off." They say "Okay". They transfer me, cut me off in doing so, and do not call back! THIS HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES over 2 days.

I have literally spent over 3 hours now on the phone with them over 2 days, trying to get my billing corrected! I literally got so angry after 2 hours of calling, waiting, re-calling, re-calling, re-waiting, etc yesterday I had to scream and pound the wall. Not to mention that their constantly repeated commercials and horrible jingle repeat over and over while you are waiting for hours to get your problem solved. In short, Cricket sucks and I am going to have to switch to another carrier now, even though I liked their phone service. Their Customer Service and waits on hold are absolutely unacceptably bad.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Save yourself the frustration. Cricket has gone downhill drastically. We live in South Jersey. The first couple of years the service was pretty decent. The last year the service has been terrible. Overseas tech support are clueless. They just read from a script. We thought maybe we should upgrade our phone. They are charging full price for an iphone to existing customers while giving half price to new customers. How backwards is that thinking? Don't fall for the trap. You will be sorry. We have switched to TMobile which has given us the same rate with enormously better service.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Great customer rep but infinitely constantly dropping calls and problems with texting. Will be switching to a new carrier soon (8 year customer). This problem has been going on for over a year now and I guess I just got fed up enough to contact customer service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Really the worst service. I made my purchase online and I was hoping to change my line from Metro to Cricket but it was impossible for the technical staff to help me. I have been waiting for more than two months to change. I really would never recommend this company. I wasted my time and my money now I stayed with a phone that I can't use and some sim cards that I won't be able to activate. Really the worst service I've seen so far.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I'm not happy. I've been with Cricket Wireless for years and had an error message display "Billing Service Running" while trying to pay my bill. It prevented me from paying my bill, but said to check back in a few hours and that my account will remain in good standing. Subsequently, I was still charged a late fee despite of their error. I was only asked what I could of done to resolve the error. I replied no, I did as instructed on the message and that is the reason why I am calling for YOU to help resolve.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I purchased a device online on 9/20/2022 and received the phone on the 9/21/2022. I originally tried porting a number from another service could not activate the phone because I didn't have the account number from the other service, so I cancelled the port of that number and asked if I could just get a Cricket-generated number. When I called to check the status of the work request, the representatives say that the Cricket Tech Team is working on it and give them 3-5 days. It is now 10/10/2023 and the Cricket Tech Team still has not cancelled the port request and generated a new number. When I tried to send the device back, I was informed that the option is not available to me. This is really awful, it's not like someone has to go and climb a telephone pole...smh.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Stole my money. Canceled my service before billing date only to realize that they wouldn't return the early payment which was made 4days before the billing cycle ended. Now they tell me that they can't refund money that was paid in advance. When calling to dispute the matter they hung up on me. And when I called back they hung up as soon as I told them my name.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I canceled my service with Cricket Wireless and they still charged me. They also refused to provide the call logs that documented my calls to them to cancel the service. I spoke to several supervisors who refused to issue a refund.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

They were so helpful and truly understanding with me, I was so frustrated about my phone. But they walked me through it and now I feel like I'm cellphone savvy. Thank you guys so much for your help and patience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Owned by Verizon. 1st MISTAKE. Phone made in Viet-nam. 2nd MISTAKE. Piss poor customer service most of the time by employees who know, little or nothing about the company or service. Empty promises about having a lost phone under optional insurance plan. Hoping to drop Cricket A.S.A.P.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Lakisha and Noah on Washington Rd in Augusta, Ga. were very helpful and courteous. I tried to port my number thru the helpline, which was a joke and they could not understand my needs and were very unprofessional. Thank Goodness for these 2 individuals that saved the day! Cricket needs more folks like them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Does anyone's account get notated? Issue started 9/9. It is now 9/20. Still unresolved. They will not credit my account after 1 of the 15-customer support agents that I had spoken to. One said they would credit my account 10 dollars for a sim card I had purchased and was link to the wrong phone. Another agent said they could not do anything until I had a phone connected to the account. Very displeased and unsatisfied. All I heard was buy a sim card. Buy a phone. But couldn't resolve the issue at hand. Money hungry company. Should've stayed with Boost Mobile.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I been with Cricket for over 12 years and I will never go back. They treat and talk to their customers like they're stupid so I recommend anyone who thinking about joining cricket wireless not to. They will cut off your access to the My Cricket app just to get extra fees when you call to pay. Their 7 day bridge pay is false. It's not a week. It's only 6 days from the time you pay. That being said they know how to get over on the people they serve.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

He worked extensively on getting my device to work and he did just what he was there to do. After I have taken my phone around town to see if they could get it to work no go. Jacob did his thing. Thanks again Jacob you're also a great d.j. Kudos to you.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I have been a Cricket customer for 2 & 1/2 yrs. Now and, the services have declined drastically over the past year. And, I am fed up with the lack of customer service and or care. Do not recommend them to anyone...

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I am a 5+ year customer of 4-5 lines the whole time. On 09/10/2022 I walked in the location of Cricket In Weatherford TX to pay my bill. I had the pin for acct and acct number and ID along with Passwords and Danielle, the Manager refused my payment. She pointed me to the door and told me I can leave. I have had access to the acct the whole time we have had Cricket Service. She said I wasn't an authorized user which there are countless times I went in and changed my phone#, upgraded phone and made payments. It was very obvious she intentionally treated me very rudely and raised her voice.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Overall I liked Cricket and have been a customer for years having up to 5 lines with them. However, it takes only 1 very bad experience to make me feel like I have been robbed and look for another option for cellular. So I purchased a 100GB 5g data plan and cellular router which has a 7 day return policy. After 4 days I knew that the plan wouldn't work for me so I opted to return. The return process was 4 phone calls and multiple transfers to finally receive an RA and return shipper with tracking number. After 10 days I hadn't received a refund so I tracked the item to confirm that it was received at Cricket. It was received several days prior. Another 2 phone calls to find out that they needed more time to process the refund.

After checking my statement some 6 weeks later I found still no refund. So now after 3 phone calls and speaking with a manager it is left up to me to find the tracking number that they produced and prove the item was returned 2 months ago. So conveniently for them they delete 30 day old tracking numbers and apparently have no warehouse return records. The manager's solution? I'm to go to UPS and find the tracking number and he'll arrange for a team member to call the following day. UPS keeps records for 30 days. No team member followed up. So without the tracking number that Cricket erased and without warehouse receipt that Cricket lost of I'm out $80 and 3 hours of time. So Tmobile has a similar plan for the same price.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

They shut my phone off and the app clearly states I paid the bill and the girl said "well they don't train us for the app so it's invalid." She even trying to take my phone out of my hand because I wasn't showing her what she wanted.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The Cricket Wireless connection in San Francisco and the Bay Area are super poor and losing reception all the time. I was a Cricket customer for over six years but finally, switch to Verizon. Be aware, do not buy, it will disappoint you.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I have never, at any point in my life, receive worse customer service from any person or company. Regretfully, my wife and I switched her phone to a Cricket plan; and only after we switched (and after the store had confirmed that her phone was Cricket-compatible) did their Customer Service inform us that, no, my wife's phone actually wasn't compatible. Their consolation was: "Oh, well, she can *still* use her device! She just can't get service on it." We asked for a refund (since they couldn't give us service on her phone), and they refused, saying, "We can't give you a refund because it's a prepaid service." I asked, "What am I prepaying for if you can't give me service?" They couldn't answer.

We asked if we could speak to a supervisor; and the SAME CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE came on the line, pretended to be the supervisor, repeated the same answers, and said there was no one higher that we could speak to. When I challenged the service representative on this point, the line went silent and that was the end of the call. My wife and I are in the process of switching to Patriot Mobile and, so far, their customer service is about a thousand times better.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Cricket rep changed my plan on 8/9/22. By doing this I was charged a higher bill for the month. Once this happens it's nothing Cricket can do about it. This also puts your account at a freeze, no bridge pay, or any ability to add hot spots until an upper department investigates the matter. It's currently 8/13/22 and I'm out of wifi on my hotspot and I don't know when my account will be out of fraudulent status. Cricket doesn't care about satisfying customers. Too big to fail mentality.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

We went to Cricket while planning a trip to Europe. I was already unhappy with Cricket because the manager told me last year that I had to pay a monthly fee to do wifi calling. At a Cricket store, face to face, two weeks ago, they charged us a fee for service while in Europe and explained to us in detail how it would work. It supposedly covered roaming and, the associate said, included wifi calling. So we downloaded some apps for train and music tickets to our phones.

Well, in Europe, today, we found out that it doesn't work nor does the wifi calling. We cannot download, for example, boarding passes for trains as well as other things. Our car is in the shop and we expected call(s) from the service manager which we will, now, not receive. I contacted Cricket customer service immediately. They got back and said they do not have European roaming and said they would refund the charges (apparently they are set up to charge for things they cannot provide). They also said there is no charge for wifi calling (which doesn't work and never has). They have also offered to "try" to set up an international play (they can't do that they said, but, wait, maybe they can).

This is a logistical and financial nightmare while on a life's dream vacation. Much of the planning was a waste of time and money now and who knows what problems lie ahead for the month overseas. If you have problems with phone carriers, let the FCC, FTC and your state consumer and communication agencies know.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

After buying 6, different phones over a few year period I can say either the phones are on purpose made cheap. Or the service is week. I live 2 miles from a tower not to mention there are several around town. But you will never get it resolved. Just stay away from Cricket. But I do want to commend Amanda at the Bremen Ga location. She has went above and beyond trying to fix this. Very patient and concerned employee. Thank you Amanda.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Mike (**) professional & friendly! To mix professionalism with friendliness is not an easy act to follow. You can't have too much of one or the other. I've had Cricket for many years. I always get great customer service. Great service. I have no complaints about this company. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I had problems with my signal for over 4 years or not getting calls. 70 percent of the time I have half of the signal, stuck in middle of nowhere because my navigation stops. No signal. I have unlimited full data plan. They say they fix when I calls. Calls at least over 15x.. hoping.. but they later blame it on my phone. I got a new phone. Still more problem. So no it clearly not the phone.. Very very sad because they are not sincerely company and their representative don't even know. Sad sad ...

Original review: July 27, 2022

False advertising, signed up with this crappy carrier and they took overpayment from my savings account for auto pay then said, "Oops, sorry your plan doesn't apply." False advertising and just plain awful service.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Originally I was sold a Service that my phone was incompatible for, double charged twice at the higher rate, phone service cut off on multiple occasions. Customer service is far from helpful, I would not advise anyone to use Cricket as their provider.

Cricket Wireless Company Information