1.45/5

formerly Cellular South

93 C Spire Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2018

We had AT&T Uverse internet for years. When we moved to a neighborhood where C Spire high speed fiber optic internet, we got on a 2-year contract to experience the new, innovative ultra high speed internet and agreed to pay $90/month (which is pretty crazy already to pay this much for the internet alone). When the technician came and installed it, he told us we were getting ~ 700 Mbps for download. We didn't know what the numbers meant, but was excited to get on the internet to check it out. To our surprise, the internet was VERY SLOW. Slower than the internet we had had with regular AT&T Uverse at 4 different locations in 3 different cities. We're very busy, in school and working and didn't even think to call about it.

One year and $1080 later, I was talking to my neighbor who pays $30/month for the internet with AT&T, and we did the internet speed test at her house and they were getting ~35 to 40 Mbps. When I did it at our house, I was only getting ~60-65 Mbps. I looked up fiber optic internet and saw that fiber optic internet speed can get up to 1 Gbps (1000 Mbps). 60 Mbps surely isn't anywhere near 1000!!

I finally called C Spire customer service. The C spire representative wanted to try rebooting the system. I checked the speed afterward and was still getting ~65. When asked about termination, she said since we're on a 2-year contract, we have to pay $300 termination fee. She said there were no guidelines to compensate or accommodate customers for their faulty service and she could have her supervisor call me to try to resolve this issue, but as far as she knows, I would have to pay $300 termination fee after paying $90/month for slow crappy internet.

We have NOT been getting the speed (NOWHERE near) C Spire had promised us, and yet, at this point, as far as I know, they're NOT going to do anything to compensate us for it or at least waive the termination fee? How wrong and crappy is that?? Sure, I've had issues with AT&T in the past too (mostly billing). But they always had some solution (promotions or gift card, etc.) to compensate me for their mistakes. I absolutely cannot recommend C Spire, neither their fiber optic internet. I'm beyond angry and disappointed. We'll see how things go with the supervisor tomorrow.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Roughly two years ago C Spire let someone take over my account posing as a relative who wanted to be added on my account. They let them change passwords and even cut off my phone then letting them purchase 3 iPads two phones. I have caught much grief over this and matter of fact had a stroke December 2017 causing me paralysis. Does anyone know a good lawyer? There’s a lot more but have no room here. The person who did this got fired but no apology. This is gross negligence. They did not even try to contact me.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have been with C Spire for the past 2 years and I’m running like hell away from them. They do not offer 4g capabilities in Tn and is very limited in Ms. I was paying over a 120 bucks a month for service I could barely use. I could not talk and surf on the web at the same time! Could not receive or send photos while on the phone and lord I my internet was so freaking slow. A lot of the time my phone was inoperable. I would frequently lose calls as well. When I would call into customer service they swore there was no problems with the service. When I received a promotion and was about to move out of town I found out C Spire did not have any towers in Nashville. I was going to take my phone to Verizon (since it was paid off) and get service with them. Verizon checked my IMEI # and I was told the phone was unlocked and could be used.

When I called C Spire to get my account number, the rep automatically knew I was leaving and tried to convince me to stay even after she confirmed that there was no service in Nashville. When Verizon tried to activate my phone on their network. C Spire has locked my phone! Due to this I had to buy a whole new device! Please stay away from them! They are not worth the headache!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I called to unsuspend a line that I suspended less than 24hrs! I was asked for a four digit pin that was supposed to be taken off my account, because I did not set up! I had to personally go into store multiple times within a two month period! The representative assured me that I would not have to go through the hassle any more pertaining to my account and she would put a memo on my account. Have to constantly call because service is slow or when My bill is paid service runs slower than EVER! I am signed up for unlimited data and C Spire has made the mistake and had my plan set up for pay as you go more than once! The only crew member that was able to fix my issue was ROBERT! Thanks. We will see how it turns out! He is a very understanding and patient crew member!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Local service, AT&T & others' signals & customer service are sorry. I have been across the USA on business & always had great service with C Spire. The people at C Spire all speak English & listen without an attitude.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have been a customer of CSpire for years (began when it was Cellular South). I have been out of contract for a while and enjoyed the lower cell phone bill not being under contract. I decided to finally upgrade all of our phones. The website said I could upgrade my wife and son's phones to an iPhone 7 (which was an upgrade from what they had) for $49. Upon checking out, it further showed I would get a $49 credit (thus making the phone "free"). There are two visible columns that indicate what you will owe that day, and what your monthly charge will be.

Upgrading three phones, it showed my monthly charge would be "$0". GREAT... so I thought. A few days later, I got my monthly bill and it had almost doubled. When I communicated with CSpire I was given the most ridiculous 'twisted logic' I have ever heard. Evidently, I received a $75 per month credit when I was NOT under contract. When I entered into a contract, that credit was no longer vanished. So... I could have remained month to month and simply went with another company, but because I chose to renew with them for two years I am "rewarded" by a higher cell phone bill?

My response to them was: "...So, technically, I'm paying for the new phones". In any other industry, renewing service would result in a discount if anything. When people rent an apartment and renew their lease, their rent is LESS than the person who stays under no lease and rents month to month. I DESPISE untruthful advertising designed to use semantics to beat customers out of money. There was nothing wrong with my previous phones, and I could have left things as they were had I known that the 'free' phones were going to actually cost me $1800 in higher bills over the next two years.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I am personally on a grandfathered plan with AT&T, but my wife has been with C Spire for a long time. But as I have paid her bills and attempted to get new phones, I have noticed C Spire employs the same tricks and normal monopoly-type tactics AT&T does, which strikes me as odd for such a small company. After seeing two bills and the same amount of unhelpful customer service from both companies for six years, I can't imagine what the actual benefit would be to pick C Spire over any of the big ones.

Anyway, since the phone companies have done away with free phone upgrades entirely, I have been buying used phones from eBay for myself, my mom, my aunt, brothers, and sister. That includes four different phones just for me. We have never had any issues swapping phones for AT&T. So, my wife's camera on her phone breaks, and it’s three years old, so I say it's time for a new one.

C Spire offers the same full price phone offers as AT&T, so I decide to get one off eBay. We get it in, and you can't activate a C Spire phone yourself without things like "order numbers" or a receipt from C Spire. So we drag into a C Spire store. I am surprised to see two employees spend over an hour trying to activate the phone. They both scratch their heads with "it just won't connect to the network..." I mention I got the phone off eBay, and they both immediately respond it's probably a blacklisted phone. I told them I checked the IMEI # with multiple sources that said it was clear, but I knew that wasn't going to help any. So, I returned the phone and got another phone from eBay, this time checking the IMEI first, just in case there were any red flags.

We go to the C Spire store, and the employee has the same issues and can't figure it out. Before we spend any more time, I reveal it was purchased off eBay. All of a sudden, they know exactly what the issue is: a stolen phone. Okay, I am upset at this point. So we grab my wife's mother's back-up phone that was previously upgraded a few months ago, and try it again. I tell them "I bought this one off eBay." Same issue, and a claim it is stolen or has an unpaid account attached to it. I reveal the phone actually came from the account holder, and was just replaced. I got some nervous looks, and like magic, they were able to activate the phone... Unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The C Spire Wireless services are terrible sometimes, especially if the weather is bad. Also the prices are too high and trying to upgrade before your two years is up is horrible.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

C Spire is okay in local area but when you leave town is when the service fails. You can call most everywhere but don't try to post on local media, send picture text, ain't happening. Changing back to Verizon as soon as possible.

Original review: June 14, 2017

This is to be the WORST all the way around. My fiance had been a customer since they were Cellular South. He bought one of their first (6th) phones almost 20 years ago. When I moved here, I left AT&T and merged my phone into my fiance's, C-Spire plan. No contract. The bills were always outrageously higher than told. You can't call any of their stores. All customer service calls are routed to a central customer service center and they can't even connect you to a store. So if you dealt with someone in the store, who promised to do something for you, you best get their direct cellphone number before you exit the store to follow up because they don't EVER get back to you. That happened to me several times. ☹️

When I initially bought a new cellphone from them last December, I specifically asked to "pay off" the phone in CASH. I later discovered that they financed it to "lock me in". I showed them! I sold the phones and took the $ to pay them off! We were lied to and told none of our phones were under contract. When I dropped the first phone line they charged us an early termination fee of $180.00. They said that they couldn't confirm whether or not he had a contract still because the tornado took all their files. Regardless, I was still stuck with the fee.

WHAT REALLY KILLED THE RELATIONSHIP WITH C-SPIRE: I requested how to change our consumer account to a business account. Was given the wrong information about what I was required to submit. Every time I submitted paperwork to corporate, it was rejected. They ran me around for two weeks when I finally called AT&T and started my business account there. AT&T appreciates my business and didn't make me jump through a million hoops to open the account. I would understand if I was asking for a bunch of equipment/phones, etc but I wasn't. All I wanted was to change the account to business so I could get a good easily identifiable phone number to put on my truck and use on my website.

I sold both phones on eBay and went to pay them the final bill off today 6/13/17 at the location where the satellite store is set up off HWY 42. They have taken my debit card before, but since I was trying to close the account, they didn't accept my payment. They'd only accept CASH! Well the one time I paid in cash (March or April) they didn't record it and tried to double bill me with a late fee. Of course, I didn't have a receipt bc their "system was down" the day I paid. They know me very well and know that I always pay in person every month. So they checked their reconciliation for the day I said that I paid, and they were almost exactly over for the amount of my payment, which means whoever took my payment didn't post it to my account, but put the cash in their register.

So why would I ever trust payment in cash again? I'm headed to another location to finalize closing this account and unlocking the final iPhone that I sold. I hope this helps at least one person make an educated decision whether or not to become a C-Spire customer. Account with C-Spire officially CLOSED and phones are unlocked! Yeaaaaa! 6:00 pm today 6/13/17! Thanks! ☺️

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information