C Spire Wireless
1.43/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

C Spire Wireless

formerly Cellular South

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

C Spire Wireless Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Phone purchased on Coast of MS and it works some of the time there but when you travel it is horrible. Missed texts and no signal to use internet. Wish I would of never changed my previous service. Finally out of contract so good-bye C- Spire here shortly!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

3 weeks ago. I went into store due to phone being stolen. I was told I didn't have insurance. I believe I did or I did something wrong. I've had both AppleCare and insurance for last 10 yrs. I ask, "What can I do then." I was told to drop my plan add insurance and in 60 days I can file a claim. I was told if I even have an old phone. I couldn't put it on the account, because it would mess up the claim. That I would have to go with Cricket or something like that for the 60 days. I called someone in corporate and was told, "No. That won't work." Then called call center. Was told it would work. I asked for a supervisor and said, "Is there anything I can do if I have to go to another carrier? I'm cancelling you guys and going with them." Was told to call Brightstar in 24 hrs and see what they can do. Supervisor says they left notes on my account.

Call Brightstar 24 hrs later. They can't see my account. I gave them the IMEI #. Still can't find it. I call call center again and ask for a supervisor again. Asked about the 60 days and file on insurance again. She said, "No. That won't work." That's insurance fraud. That she would refund the insurance. I asked her, "Is there anything that can be done for me, or to get my lost phone replaced. For being a 20 yr customer. Or just for what you guys are putting me through." She says, "I can't. I'll have to talk to someone else." I said, "OK. Just as long as you call me back and let me know."

I've had 2 different C Spire reps not call me back. Yes I'll call in an hour. Calls back. Says they're running behind. No answer yet. I ask, "Will it be today." Yes! Should be. Once again never heard back. Now I guess Monday I'll have to call and talk to another person, and start all over again. This is ridiculous, if you can't help me tell me. Or is this how you get rid of 20 yr loyal customers. I left some out. I just don't understand.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Yes this company is fake as hell. Just takes your money. I went there in July cause I got a postcard in the mail stating you can get an iPhone SE with prepaid 40 plan if you transfer a line. No such thing. They gave me a Samsung J3 phone. I paid 90 upfront. She gave me a form to mail in for my rebate on the phone for 50.00 and within 7 days the phone stop working the speaker to hear from it. They did nothing but let my service days run out and I refuse to pay and I had no working phone. And so they won't give me my rebate. Bull.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I had ATT for 20 years and I changed to save $40 a month. It’s not worth it!!! I will gladly pay the difference. Can’t get service anywhere. Please pay attention to this before you change. I hope this helps someone.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We had AT&T Uverse internet for years. When we moved to a neighborhood where C Spire high speed fiber optic internet, we got on a 2-year contract to experience the new, innovative ultra high speed internet and agreed to pay $90/month (which is pretty crazy already to pay this much for the internet alone). When the technician came and installed it, he told us we were getting ~ 700 Mbps for download. We didn't know what the numbers meant, but was excited to get on the internet to check it out. To our surprise, the internet was VERY SLOW. Slower than the internet we had had with regular AT&T Uverse at 4 different locations in 3 different cities. We're very busy, in school and working and didn't even think to call about it.

One year and $1080 later, I was talking to my neighbor who pays $30/month for the internet with AT&T, and we did the internet speed test at her house and they were getting ~35 to 40 Mbps. When I did it at our house, I was only getting ~60-65 Mbps. I looked up fiber optic internet and saw that fiber optic internet speed can get up to 1 Gbps (1000 Mbps). 60 Mbps surely isn't anywhere near 1000!!

I finally called C Spire customer service. The C spire representative wanted to try rebooting the system. I checked the speed afterward and was still getting ~65. When asked about termination, she said since we're on a 2-year contract, we have to pay $300 termination fee. She said there were no guidelines to compensate or accommodate customers for their faulty service and she could have her supervisor call me to try to resolve this issue, but as far as she knows, I would have to pay $300 termination fee after paying $90/month for slow crappy internet.

We have NOT been getting the speed (NOWHERE near) C Spire had promised us, and yet, at this point, as far as I know, they're NOT going to do anything to compensate us for it or at least waive the termination fee? How wrong and crappy is that?? Sure, I've had issues with AT&T in the past too (mostly billing). But they always had some solution (promotions or gift card, etc.) to compensate me for their mistakes. I absolutely cannot recommend C Spire, neither their fiber optic internet. I'm beyond angry and disappointed. We'll see how things go with the supervisor tomorrow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: May 12, 2018

Roughly two years ago C Spire let someone take over my account posing as a relative who wanted to be added on my account. They let them change passwords and even cut off my phone then letting them purchase 3 iPads two phones. I have caught much grief over this and matter of fact had a stroke December 2017 causing me paralysis. Does anyone know a good lawyer? There’s a lot more but have no room here. The person who did this got fired but no apology. This is gross negligence. They did not even try to contact me.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have been with C Spire for the past 2 years and I’m running like hell away from them. They do not offer 4g capabilities in Tn and is very limited in Ms. I was paying over a 120 bucks a month for service I could barely use. I could not talk and surf on the web at the same time! Could not receive or send photos while on the phone and lord I my internet was so freaking slow. A lot of the time my phone was inoperable. I would frequently lose calls as well. When I would call into customer service they swore there was no problems with the service. When I received a promotion and was about to move out of town I found out C Spire did not have any towers in Nashville. I was going to take my phone to Verizon (since it was paid off) and get service with them. Verizon checked my IMEI # and I was told the phone was unlocked and could be used.

When I called C Spire to get my account number, the rep automatically knew I was leaving and tried to convince me to stay even after she confirmed that there was no service in Nashville. When Verizon tried to activate my phone on their network. C Spire has locked my phone! Due to this I had to buy a whole new device! Please stay away from them! They are not worth the headache!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I called to unsuspend a line that I suspended less than 24hrs! I was asked for a four digit pin that was supposed to be taken off my account, because I did not set up! I had to personally go into store multiple times within a two month period! The representative assured me that I would not have to go through the hassle any more pertaining to my account and she would put a memo on my account. Have to constantly call because service is slow or when My bill is paid service runs slower than EVER! I am signed up for unlimited data and C Spire has made the mistake and had my plan set up for pay as you go more than once! The only crew member that was able to fix my issue was ROBERT! Thanks. We will see how it turns out! He is a very understanding and patient crew member!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Local service, AT&T & others' signals & customer service are sorry. I have been across the USA on business & always had great service with C Spire. The people at C Spire all speak English & listen without an attitude.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have been a customer of CSpire for years (began when it was Cellular South). I have been out of contract for a while and enjoyed the lower cell phone bill not being under contract. I decided to finally upgrade all of our phones. The website said I could upgrade my wife and son's phones to an iPhone 7 (which was an upgrade from what they had) for $49. Upon checking out, it further showed I would get a $49 credit (thus making the phone "free"). There are two visible columns that indicate what you will owe that day, and what your monthly charge will be.

Upgrading three phones, it showed my monthly charge would be "$0". GREAT... so I thought. A few days later, I got my monthly bill and it had almost doubled. When I communicated with CSpire I was given the most ridiculous 'twisted logic' I have ever heard. Evidently, I received a $75 per month credit when I was NOT under contract. When I entered into a contract, that credit was no longer vanished. So... I could have remained month to month and simply went with another company, but because I chose to renew with them for two years I am "rewarded" by a higher cell phone bill?

My response to them was: "...So, technically, I'm paying for the new phones". In any other industry, renewing service would result in a discount if anything. When people rent an apartment and renew their lease, their rent is LESS than the person who stays under no lease and rents month to month. I DESPISE untruthful advertising designed to use semantics to beat customers out of money. There was nothing wrong with my previous phones, and I could have left things as they were had I known that the 'free' phones were going to actually cost me $1800 in higher bills over the next two years.

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information