1.50/5
Based on 92 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

93 Cellular Country Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 64GB N920A. Unlocked phone in mint condition with their Super Pack on 6/27/2018. The phone arrived damaged, two weeks later on 7/10/2018, with a burned image in the screen. I called the customer service and the rep told me that they would replace it with a not-defective phone in a week. I shipped everything (phone, charger and the super pack materials) back to you on 7/13/2018 with the return label they generated which was a first class USPS label without a tracking number.

I emailed to the company one week after I shipped the phone back and did not get any answer. A few days later I called the company and rep told me that they would email me the status and they did not. 2 weeks after I shipped the phone, I called the company again and asked about the status, they told me that they would check with the returns department and call me for the status in the same day, and they did not. It is more than 3 weeks now and they still do not give an update, nor send the phone back. Do not waste your time with this company. Pay several bucks more and purchase from somewhere else. Items on their website are not correct. They are irresponsible. They do not fix their own mistakes.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

All I have to say, do not trust them or their web page. In short they are cheater and not faithful to the customers, Shipping the worst item without proper checking. Rude and untrue behavior towards fully paid amount for the device. Even charging restocking fee and do not send RETURN label though they are at fault. They do not have adequate stock to full fill their ads. (Order number ** and Return number RMA # **) Last word... Do not trust... You will surely dissatisfy.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I bought a phone from Cellular Country April 21, 2018. Due to the death of my husband, I didn't take it to have the SIM card put in until yesterday. It malfunctioned the same day!! It runs so hot that after about 5 minutes, you can't use it. It shuts itself down. I want a refund on the money, not another inferior phone. Their rating on this phone was "excellent." WHAT??? So this is the BEST they sell? I want a refund, but they won't hear of it. I don't trust them to do better on another phone. I bought an extra year's warranty, or else, they wouldn't even give me another inferior replacement. This company doesn't care anything about the customer. You were warned.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Worst experience in my life buying something online with this company. They were not able to send me the phone I ordered and have been dragging their feet for my refund. It has been a week since I ordered the phone and nothing to show for it. No phone or my money. Please go anywhere but here.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I bought a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 from Cellular Country and it arrived fine - mint looks but was flakey as hell. Would boot to green android man every fifth boot. Ultimately while they were of no help - the problem was fixed by replacing the motherboard inside the phone with a new motherboard at cost to me. My claim would be that their refurbished phones are not well tested - at least in the case of my phone. Had it not been flakey I would have loved these guys - but instead $200 wasted. They are even unwilling to swap the bad processor board for a good one - even though a processor board perhaps costs them $30. Lesson - if anything about a phone you get from them is at all flakey - return it immediately - because you are out of luck on day 31.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular Country?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I recently purchased a Apple iPhone 5. I kept experiencing my phone not fully charging. Found this to be because the charger is a generic and not at all been an Apple charger. I suggest do not purchase from this company! My phone was supposedly in mint condition, therefore you think that everything would be on point.

Original review: May 4, 2018

On May 1, 2018 I purchased online a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone from Cellular Country for $129.98. I received an Email confirmation followed later by: "We have voided your Cellular Country order number ** for the following reason: Unable to ship order as placed. Please contact us through email at support@cellularcountry.com or through phone at 714-841-8898 if you feel this order has been voided in error. Thank you." The Cellular Country page in my browser still showed the phone displayed at the $129.98 price, but when I again added it to my cart it now displayed a sum double the original price. If Cellular Country had simply admitted that a mistake had been made in their pricing I would have understood. But blaming me for some unspecified reason reveals that this is an untrustworthy business that I should refuse to do business with.

Original review: April 1, 2018

So I'm not sure what everyone else is buying but my experience was 100% positive both the regular number & support answered in a good time. IDK why people are hating this site if you buy a fair quality phone & it fails in 3 months again. IDK. Mine (Moto Droid 2 32gb) had 1 scratch in the very top corner so I'm happy. It comes with a wall charger but it charges slow (stating on phone to use original charger) but I had other chargers I had actually bought so I wasn't concerned. Sim & SD card went in with no problems (Verizon prepaid). I did a full system check on the phone even going as far as taping on each individual square on a screen diagnostic test. Calling worked after Google sign in & Verizon pay.

Original review: March 26, 2018

CROOKS... DO NOT Buy FROM THESE GUYS... Be sure to read other reviews before purchasing... I did not. Ordered a phone in "MINT" condition; it showed signs of damage. Phone would not read SIMS, although my SIMS worked in other phones. Send back phone and they respond with nonsense about checking all phones for usability and damage before leaving factory and would not honor my request for replacement. Why did they have me return phone, if they knew they were simply going to blow me off. Next stop... State Attorney General-Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Do not do business with this company. They are complete rip off artist. I purchased a phone from them and when I received it, it would not read the sim cards. This sim card was brand new from AT&T. I put this phone back into the box it came in with everything that I had received. They only gave me a partial refund saying I did not return everything to them. I told them I had returned everything but they are claiming I did not. All I received was the phone and the charger. No other accessories were included. So they are trying to keep part of my money. What a scam this is!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

They sent me an iPhone I had purchased. It didn't work of course. I even went to the AT&T store to see if they could get it working. They couldn't. So I bought a phone there and attempted to return the phone Cellular Country sent me. Of course I had to pay the shipping back. Then a week later they sent me the phone again, saying it had some sort of lock on it. It doesn't. Waste of time and money dealing with these people.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased a “mint condition” iPhone 5+, compatible with Sprint. I initially tried to activate it with Stream, a reseller for Sprint, but was informed the phone was locked by Sprint for previous financial obligations. I tried to activate it with Sprint but they told me the same. Cellular Country told me they’d give me a refund but that I would have to pay to ship it back even though they sold a useless device. After shipping it back they informed me I was only getting a store credit. I already bought something else from elsewhere after this experience. They claim it can only be used at Sprint but Sprint told me it can’t be used anywhere until the previous financial obligation tied to the phone is paid to Sprint. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I ordered from them. :(

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a refurbished phone and it has started to crash and burn after only 4 months. I tried contacting them and have gotten no response. I bought the one year warranty and so far, no response to any requests.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Ordered a phone. The one they sent was non-working. They will not pay for return shipping. They stated that it is in their terms and conditions that I agreed to. So I will have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee for a BROKEN PHONE.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Purchased a refurbished smartphone online. They sent a prepaid phone, when I requested a postpaid phone. I called customer service to arrange for exchange. Was hung up on 3 (Three) times. After finally getting through. They admitted it was their mistake. After my being frustrated over time on the phone. I asked for a refund, only to be charged a 10 percent restocking fee and shipped back at my expense. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: April 18, 2017

1-31-17 ordered a "mint" LG G4 for $160, got it 2-7-17. 4-10-17 it refused to boot up. Discovered that LG phones have a "boot loop" issue that is well known and the subject of a class action suit in California. Cellular Country sells these phones anyway and refuses even a store credit even though the phone lasted just 8 weeks. I agreed to pay shipping both ways. They told me to read the return policy again. Asked for a manager. They apparently don't like to deal with customers.

Conclusion: Buying from these guys is a crap shoot that should carry a lower price if the customer is taking all the risk. If you can't afford a new phone, find a better place to buy a used phone. Their rating is 1 1/2 stars, but consider that the lowest rating we can give is one star--everyone gets at least one star. Being 1/2 star over the bottom rating tells you a lot. My experience appears to be their norm.

Original review: April 9, 2017

First, I rarely write reviews but I do a lot of research. I was hesitant to order from this company because of a few very harsh and negative reviews, but took a chance. My item was described as "fair" condition, so I wasn't expecting a great product, but functional. And, since this "fair" rating leaves a lot to the imagination, I bought some replacement parts to fix scrapes, scruffs, and overall cosmetic damage (as well as a replacement battery). The product I received was in fantastic condition given standard rating guides and an incredibly low price. I am very happy with my purchase and will order from this company again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I have ordered 3 phones personally from this site over the past 2 years. My brother has ordered 2, and a friend of ours has ordered one. Besides ONE phone needing a battery replaced within the first couple of months, we've had no issues. And let's be real, a battery isn't a big deal. You can get them on Amazon for $15.

They're older phones. Used phones, and quantified in tiers. Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair. So yeah, if you go for a cheaper phone that is in the "Good" or "Fair" column, you're not purchasing a quality device. You're getting something that someone else beat up, and CC has cleaned up the best they can to resale. For example, I ordered a Galaxy S4 Mini two years ago that was "Good." The camera had a blue streak in the middle of it, the back and sides were scuffed, and the battery obviously needed replacing. I replaced the battery, put a case on the phone, and it worked for 2 years.

If you want a NEW quality phone, either buy a full priced new phone or a certified refurbished phone. This company sells USED phones. That's not the same. TL;DR: You get what you pay for, and for $65, I got an "Excellent" HTC Desire 610 circa 2014 that does everything I need it to do and was in my budget. Five stars for $$$ saved and accuracy of description.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I ordered a used "refurbished" LG G4 from this company. I've ordered from them in the past (over 5 years ago) and had no problems. This time not only did they send me a different phone than the one I ordered (ordered white, received gray) the phone stopped working after a week. It began to freeze and restart itself 7 times over the course of about 20 minutes, then would not even make it past the LG power up screen.

The company claims that their products may show minor cosmetic damage but "work like factory new". This claim however is not true; it was operational for the one week, it worked but barely. The battery sucked, the charger they sent with it didn't work and the charge port on the phone barely worked, cable had to be held upward towards the front of the phone for it to charger and it charged extremely slowly. Since placing my order I have read multiple nasty reviews about this company from others who have experienced similar issues with phones purchased from them. I strongly suggest staying away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Called to discuss returning a Non functioning product I bought. They transfer me to the returns dept. After 5 plus min. their computer system hung up saying "error has occurred ". After calling back and talking with the returns dept. all I get is "I am sorry". Asked to speak to Manager. He is not available. Asked to speak to the person above him. Not available. Asked to speak to someone who can do more than say "I am sorry", girl "helping" me say "I cannot (Manager's Name), get transferred to his ext, or get his direct line." I ask "Who is in charge when all Superiors are unavailable." She said she was in charge of the company in that situation. All I got was "I am sorry" and then after holding another girl picked up and promised me a call back from Manager. STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL. RIP-OFF ARTISTS.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I was sent a phone from Cellular Country. I should have read the reviews and BBB before taking a second glance. I purchased a phone to replace my daughter's phone that no longer holds a charge. When the phone came in we couldn't activate it. Called my carrier and they couldn't activate it either. It gave them a code that said it was locked. Then calling Cellular Country was a nightmare! 45 min on hold for 3rd in line with a wait of 3:27 minutes! Just when I was next... I get a message saying they are closed! When I called sales, and actually got someone, they treated me like I was stupid and apparently they know more than Verizon.

They tried telling me it was me not understanding. It was like they weren't listening to what I was telling them Verizon said. They offered a refund... but she said they will look at the phone to see what's wrong. Okay... so if you think it's fine then what? I'm out of the phone and a refund? Snotty. It is wrong that they instantly go in defense if you mention trouble with their products. Do I trust I will get my money back? Absolutely not! These people are shady and I wouldn't doubt their product isn't stolen. Why else would mine show a code that locks it from being activated? Verizon guy said in 13 years he never seen a code like that. Hmmm. People!!! Do not purchase from these criminals. Don't make the mistake I did. READ REVIEWS. LOOK AT THE BBB. THIS SHADY COMPANY IS CROOKED.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The phone I purchased started having a power supply/battery problem within a few days past the 30 warranty. When I called, I was told it was probably the battery. I would have to buy a new one but opps they didn't have any. I do not recommend this company. It looks like a lot of people are having problems with the products this company sells.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I ordered an unlocked phone and an accessory pack for my daughter's birthday, paid an extra $25 to have it here in time. We get the phone on the right day, but it's not ready to just pop our SIM card into and use. I call Cellular Country, they said I need to go buy a nano SIM. Ok we go to Metro (which was advertised as specifically being able to work) and spent an hour there trying to get it all setup. Finally the girl comes out again and says that the phone is NOT unlocked. And it wasn't the first one from Cellular Country she said to not work.

We call Cellular Country, who had us on hold for 17 minutes and they acted like we broke it. They didn't want to help us. And then they hung up on us. So finally we get thru again, they agree to "review" our return and will let us know. They kept insisting it was unlocked. At this point I don't care if it is or not, bottom line is it won't work for us. I also wanted the $25 back we paid for 2-day shipping. They said, 'no' because it was here in 2 days. I paid for a working phone to be here, not one we had to send back, if that's the case. They could send it out non-working phones all day long just to get "something" to the people, working or not!

And then they also tried to charge us a 20% restocking fee! So we sent the whole order back, the phone and the accessory pack. Now they're saying they didn't receive the accessory pack at all! It was in the same envelope as the phone, we never even opened it! So as of now, we are out almost $60, still don't have a phone for my daughter. Her birthday was a week ago and we have to wait longer to get our money back to go somewhere honest for her phone. The fact that they didn't even want to talk to us tells me they knew it was wrong. Their phone system tells me I'm first in line and it will be 1 minute and 55 seconds until I can speak to someone, then 17 minutes later they finally answer the phone. I believe the whereabouts company to be a fraud. They are ripping people off left and right. They got 1 star from me because it wouldn't let me leave it blank.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I needed a phone for my daughter and I needed it in a prompt manner. I finally decided to take the chance and ordered their Motorola Droid 3. This company advertised an overnight service fee of $40 and promised it to be delivered on time. Much like other PROFESSIONAL companies that disclose right up front BEFORE you pay the exact details of shipment just in case one were to not realize. An honest mistake I suppose, nonetheless a company should back their word on making a dissatisfied customer, satisfied. I ordered her phone AND phone case on a Thursday evening, expecting it no later than Saturday being it was through FedEx and at a double rate than most FedEx overnight shipping charges. I did not receive the phone until the following Monday and the case was shipped SEPARATELY through USPS and will not arrive until THURSDAY!

My being one extremely pissed off momma now with this scam of a company, after many hateful emails (on my part I'll gladly admit) and getting them to blindly admit fault through them because indeed they all are morons just scamming for money not tact or brains. I've copied and turned them in to every single government office able to investigate! The phone doesn't work on top of it and is not even connected through Verizon as the company proclaimed. I called Verizon and they couldn't pull it up at all. So the phone is getting sent to an official as well. Through all this the company still can't admit fault and willingly takes money from its customers. The company obviously needs the money more than we. The many Google rating and similar reviews all over the internet about this company should have been enough for me as well, but at the time I thought I'd give them a chance. What a dummy I was!!!!

The BBB gives them an F. Most of the agencies I contacted already had an ongoing case on them! I should have just went through a reputable company and received my order and what I paid for. I'll attach some screenshots for references. The Straight Talk is a perfect example of letting your customers know UP FRONT what they're getting ready to pay for. It's a week from the time I ordered my daughter's overnight package and Cellular Country still refuses to make it right. SMH. Regardless, whatever you do, save yourself the b.s. I and many others have had to deal with and DO NOT EVER order ANYTHING from THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2016

I placed an order with Cellular Country and then started reading the reviews. My heart was pounding after reading them and I was expecting a horror show. My package arrived two days later, I opened with fear. To my delight, the phones were as expected and better. They perform like brand new. The one that was listed in good condition was hard to see the flaws. This led me to believe that not all you read is true. Sometimes when in business, as I know from my own job, you can't make everyone happy. I am safe to say that this company came through when I was expecting the worse and made me smile.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I ordered a Galaxy S4 on September 1, I paid for the excellent condition one. I received it on September 3 as promised. After receiving it I transferred all my info from my old phone to the new one. The battery would not charge. I had a S4 so I figured out that the battery was fine, the phone was not charging the battery. I called customer service. They gave me a RMA number. I asked them for a shipping label to send it back. They told me that it was my responsibility to ship it back to them at my cost. She also asked if they found defective they would send me another or refund my money. I said send me another, I still needed a phone. I sent it back at my cost and time. I sent it back USPS with a tracking number. After a week of not hearing from them I tracked the shipment. I called on a Tuesday, it had been delivered on Monday. Customer service could not see my return arriving. They told me that it might take a few days.

Later that evening I received a email saying that my phone was defective and I will be getting a replacement. That was on September 13. Today is September 22, I still had not received the phone. I called customer service to have them track the shipment. They told me that they credited my account on the 14th. So after 3 weeks of waiting for a phone, paying for shipping back to them, taking the time to pack up and go to the Post office, had to figure out how to reset the phone because I loaded all my information to it (Took 2 hours). I am back to square one. In a nutshell this company is not worthy of your business. Don't waste your time.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I order a HTC One M8 from them. After ordering it I read the reviews on here and became scared. The phone, however, arrived on time, in perfect condition, along with the accessories I ordered. Once I got the Sim card from AT&T, it worked perfectly! Great price. No hassles. Thank you Cellular Country!

Original review: July 14, 2016

Wow. I was a customer of theirs in the past. I just bought 2 used phones from them on 7-10-16. Samsung S3 and S4 mini in excellent condition. When I got the phones on 7-13-16 the S3 was in excellent condition and my wife was very happy with her phone. Now the S4 mini was in bad shape. Has a small smash in the bottom right and top right corners, also has scratches on the glass and scratches on the camera lens and on the back cover. Instead of sending out a new phone in excellent condition with prepaid shipping to receive the bad phone they just sent out. They want you to send them the phone they just sent you back at your own expense. Then you need to wait for their claims department to say yes or no to sending you out another phone for their screw-up. I will never buy from them again.They just lost a customer that used them in the past several times.

Original review: July 5, 2016

They charged me twice for the same phone. I now always have exact amount on card when ordering from anyone. They refuse to answer the phone. Cellular Country make you answer a "Are you a robot form" before you can write to Customer Service. It take 15 mins and they just still don't send your complaints. I really want my money back. It was close to $200. The cell phone was $89.00. Cellular Country charged me twice. I should have read the complaints. This is my first time buying anything on Cellular Country. I was happy at first for discount phone but now not so much.

Original review: June 27, 2016

DO NOT PURCHASE A CELL PHONE FROM THIS COMPANY! They are complete and total scammers! I purchased an Iphone for my son and the microphone was broken. When I asked, "How you are supposed to use a phone without a microphone?", I was told that they can't check everything. Are you kidding me? And certainly do not ask to speak to a manager because he is magically never there. Check out their rating with the Better Business Bureau. It is an F!! I sure wish I would have before making a purchase with them. Save yourself the time, aggravation and money and stay away! Reading all of these bad reviews I can't believe they are still in business. I hope they aren't much longer. Rip off!!!

Cellular Country Company Information

www.cellularcountry.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business