1.54/5
Based on 100 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

101 Cellular Country Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I normally review a company before I buy anything from them. Since Cellular Country was part of my special buy from my PayPal I bought two phone and was kinda worried after reading the reviews. But when I received the phones I was very happy with my purchase and the product was worth what so spent.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I initially bought HTC several years ago. Though the physical condition of the phone was good, it restarted a month after the purchase & problems one after another. Ignoring my bad experience I bought this LG G3 mobile. Mobile used restart whenever I open maps. They replaced a mobile with a cracked mobile that had the same problems. I requested for a replacement and they started giving reasons for not replacing it. I sent them the video of their phone that it's not working. They said it's not their phone at all. Lost 150 bucks!! Suggest everyone not to buy from them then buy it from a private party from Facebook which is far better.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Shipping got delayed, but I called and they had it fixed that same day. Price was great. The phone was in good condition and it was hooked up to my number in minutes. I would order again and will refer to friends and family.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My husband ordered his daughter an iPhone 5 for her birthday on 11/15/2018 and it is now 11/30/2018. And no phone has come. We have tried calling many times and have also sent multiple emails and have not heard anything back from them at all. Do not get anything from there, this company is a rip off.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Honestly, I am so angry after so many emails and phone calls. They just suck. Stay away. Ordered a phone 10/31. 11/5 check on shipping because I have not gotten an email. After several emails and phone calls and NEVER reaching anyone I finally sent an email saying a Paypal dispute had been opened and inside of two minute I noticed a refund on my account. No notification. No communication. No email. No phone call. No contact whatsoever as to why I have no phone or why I had to send 5 emails to get a response or why no one EVER answers the phone when you call. I have this vision of a disgusting person in a disgusting apartment in a disgusting part of a disgusting city just trying to fleece people as much as they can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular Country?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

These people will not answer the phone after you buy the phone. I bought an expensive phone until the TracFone 5 which was suppose to arrive today and has not. Of course you cannot complain as no one will answer the phone. I have sent them six emails as now I am going to have to take the expensive phone back or be stuck with it and I want nothing more than a TracFone. I am hard of hearing and cannot see that well. I have no idea how bad the phone is because of course I do not have it and will now refuse shipment if it does come. I do not know how this company stays in business but DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. DO NOT READ THE REVIEWS.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Before placing an order please make sure you do your research and read the reviews. Unfortunately I didn't and now I'm paying for it. I made a purchase on October 9th, here it is the 23rd and I have not received my phone or even a tracking number for my phone. When I tried to get in contact with someone yesterday, and even sent an email I have not heard anything back. So unfortunately I feel I am out money and a phone. Just please be cautious and do your research before placing an order.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought a phone for Cellular Country. They sent the wrong phone. Customer service emailed me a FedEx label to return the phone for a full refund. A week later, I'm still getting the runaround about where the phone is. The person in customer service said he was the only one working and had to put in a request for someone to locate the returned phone on Monday. I'm so glad I paid with PayPal. I'm disputing this entire transaction. I wish I had seen these complaints. I NEVER would have bought from them. If I could give them less than no stars, I would.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 64GB N920A. Unlocked phone in mint condition with their Super Pack on 6/27/2018. The phone arrived damaged, two weeks later on 7/10/2018, with a burned image in the screen. I called the customer service and the rep told me that they would replace it with a not-defective phone in a week. I shipped everything (phone, charger and the super pack materials) back to you on 7/13/2018 with the return label they generated which was a first class USPS label without a tracking number.

I emailed to the company one week after I shipped the phone back and did not get any answer. A few days later I called the company and rep told me that they would email me the status and they did not. 2 weeks after I shipped the phone, I called the company again and asked about the status, they told me that they would check with the returns department and call me for the status in the same day, and they did not. It is more than 3 weeks now and they still do not give an update, nor send the phone back. Do not waste your time with this company. Pay several bucks more and purchase from somewhere else. Items on their website are not correct. They are irresponsible. They do not fix their own mistakes.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

All I have to say, do not trust them or their web page. In short they are cheater and not faithful to the customers, Shipping the worst item without proper checking. Rude and untrue behavior towards fully paid amount for the device. Even charging restocking fee and do not send RETURN label though they are at fault. They do not have adequate stock to full fill their ads. (Order number ** and Return number RMA # **) Last word... Do not trust... You will surely dissatisfy.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I bought a phone from Cellular Country April 21, 2018. Due to the death of my husband, I didn't take it to have the SIM card put in until yesterday. It malfunctioned the same day!! It runs so hot that after about 5 minutes, you can't use it. It shuts itself down. I want a refund on the money, not another inferior phone. Their rating on this phone was "excellent." WHAT??? So this is the BEST they sell? I want a refund, but they won't hear of it. I don't trust them to do better on another phone. I bought an extra year's warranty, or else, they wouldn't even give me another inferior replacement. This company doesn't care anything about the customer. You were warned.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Worst experience in my life buying something online with this company. They were not able to send me the phone I ordered and have been dragging their feet for my refund. It has been a week since I ordered the phone and nothing to show for it. No phone or my money. Please go anywhere but here.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I bought a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 from Cellular Country and it arrived fine - mint looks but was flakey as hell. Would boot to green android man every fifth boot. Ultimately while they were of no help - the problem was fixed by replacing the motherboard inside the phone with a new motherboard at cost to me. My claim would be that their refurbished phones are not well tested - at least in the case of my phone. Had it not been flakey I would have loved these guys - but instead $200 wasted. They are even unwilling to swap the bad processor board for a good one - even though a processor board perhaps costs them $30. Lesson - if anything about a phone you get from them is at all flakey - return it immediately - because you are out of luck on day 31.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I recently purchased a Apple iPhone 5. I kept experiencing my phone not fully charging. Found this to be because the charger is a generic and not at all been an Apple charger. I suggest do not purchase from this company! My phone was supposedly in mint condition, therefore you think that everything would be on point.

Original review: May 4, 2018

On May 1, 2018 I purchased online a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone from Cellular Country for $129.98. I received an Email confirmation followed later by: "We have voided your Cellular Country order number ** for the following reason: Unable to ship order as placed. Please contact us through email at support@cellularcountry.com or through phone at 714-841-8898 if you feel this order has been voided in error. Thank you." The Cellular Country page in my browser still showed the phone displayed at the $129.98 price, but when I again added it to my cart it now displayed a sum double the original price. If Cellular Country had simply admitted that a mistake had been made in their pricing I would have understood. But blaming me for some unspecified reason reveals that this is an untrustworthy business that I should refuse to do business with.

Original review: April 1, 2018

So I'm not sure what everyone else is buying but my experience was 100% positive both the regular number & support answered in a good time. IDK why people are hating this site if you buy a fair quality phone & it fails in 3 months again. IDK. Mine (Moto Droid 2 32gb) had 1 scratch in the very top corner so I'm happy. It comes with a wall charger but it charges slow (stating on phone to use original charger) but I had other chargers I had actually bought so I wasn't concerned. Sim & SD card went in with no problems (Verizon prepaid). I did a full system check on the phone even going as far as taping on each individual square on a screen diagnostic test. Calling worked after Google sign in & Verizon pay.

Original review: March 26, 2018

CROOKS... DO NOT Buy FROM THESE GUYS... Be sure to read other reviews before purchasing... I did not. Ordered a phone in "MINT" condition; it showed signs of damage. Phone would not read SIMS, although my SIMS worked in other phones. Send back phone and they respond with nonsense about checking all phones for usability and damage before leaving factory and would not honor my request for replacement. Why did they have me return phone, if they knew they were simply going to blow me off. Next stop... State Attorney General-Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Do not do business with this company. They are complete rip off artist. I purchased a phone from them and when I received it, it would not read the sim cards. This sim card was brand new from AT&T. I put this phone back into the box it came in with everything that I had received. They only gave me a partial refund saying I did not return everything to them. I told them I had returned everything but they are claiming I did not. All I received was the phone and the charger. No other accessories were included. So they are trying to keep part of my money. What a scam this is!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

They sent me an iPhone I had purchased. It didn't work of course. I even went to the AT&T store to see if they could get it working. They couldn't. So I bought a phone there and attempted to return the phone Cellular Country sent me. Of course I had to pay the shipping back. Then a week later they sent me the phone again, saying it had some sort of lock on it. It doesn't. Waste of time and money dealing with these people.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased a “mint condition” iPhone 5+, compatible with Sprint. I initially tried to activate it with Stream, a reseller for Sprint, but was informed the phone was locked by Sprint for previous financial obligations. I tried to activate it with Sprint but they told me the same. Cellular Country told me they’d give me a refund but that I would have to pay to ship it back even though they sold a useless device. After shipping it back they informed me I was only getting a store credit. I already bought something else from elsewhere after this experience. They claim it can only be used at Sprint but Sprint told me it can’t be used anywhere until the previous financial obligation tied to the phone is paid to Sprint. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I ordered from them. :(

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a refurbished phone and it has started to crash and burn after only 4 months. I tried contacting them and have gotten no response. I bought the one year warranty and so far, no response to any requests.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Ordered a phone. The one they sent was non-working. They will not pay for return shipping. They stated that it is in their terms and conditions that I agreed to. So I will have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee for a BROKEN PHONE.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Purchased a refurbished smartphone online. They sent a prepaid phone, when I requested a postpaid phone. I called customer service to arrange for exchange. Was hung up on 3 (Three) times. After finally getting through. They admitted it was their mistake. After my being frustrated over time on the phone. I asked for a refund, only to be charged a 10 percent restocking fee and shipped back at my expense. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: April 18, 2017

1-31-17 ordered a "mint" LG G4 for $160, got it 2-7-17. 4-10-17 it refused to boot up. Discovered that LG phones have a "boot loop" issue that is well known and the subject of a class action suit in California. Cellular Country sells these phones anyway and refuses even a store credit even though the phone lasted just 8 weeks. I agreed to pay shipping both ways. They told me to read the return policy again. Asked for a manager. They apparently don't like to deal with customers.

Conclusion: Buying from these guys is a crap shoot that should carry a lower price if the customer is taking all the risk. If you can't afford a new phone, find a better place to buy a used phone. Their rating is 1 1/2 stars, but consider that the lowest rating we can give is one star--everyone gets at least one star. Being 1/2 star over the bottom rating tells you a lot. My experience appears to be their norm.

Original review: April 9, 2017

First, I rarely write reviews but I do a lot of research. I was hesitant to order from this company because of a few very harsh and negative reviews, but took a chance. My item was described as "fair" condition, so I wasn't expecting a great product, but functional. And, since this "fair" rating leaves a lot to the imagination, I bought some replacement parts to fix scrapes, scruffs, and overall cosmetic damage (as well as a replacement battery). The product I received was in fantastic condition given standard rating guides and an incredibly low price. I am very happy with my purchase and will order from this company again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I have ordered 3 phones personally from this site over the past 2 years. My brother has ordered 2, and a friend of ours has ordered one. Besides ONE phone needing a battery replaced within the first couple of months, we've had no issues. And let's be real, a battery isn't a big deal. You can get them on Amazon for $15.

They're older phones. Used phones, and quantified in tiers. Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair. So yeah, if you go for a cheaper phone that is in the "Good" or "Fair" column, you're not purchasing a quality device. You're getting something that someone else beat up, and CC has cleaned up the best they can to resale. For example, I ordered a Galaxy S4 Mini two years ago that was "Good." The camera had a blue streak in the middle of it, the back and sides were scuffed, and the battery obviously needed replacing. I replaced the battery, put a case on the phone, and it worked for 2 years.

If you want a NEW quality phone, either buy a full priced new phone or a certified refurbished phone. This company sells USED phones. That's not the same. TL;DR: You get what you pay for, and for $65, I got an "Excellent" HTC Desire 610 circa 2014 that does everything I need it to do and was in my budget. Five stars for $$$ saved and accuracy of description.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I ordered a used "refurbished" LG G4 from this company. I've ordered from them in the past (over 5 years ago) and had no problems. This time not only did they send me a different phone than the one I ordered (ordered white, received gray) the phone stopped working after a week. It began to freeze and restart itself 7 times over the course of about 20 minutes, then would not even make it past the LG power up screen.

The company claims that their products may show minor cosmetic damage but "work like factory new". This claim however is not true; it was operational for the one week, it worked but barely. The battery sucked, the charger they sent with it didn't work and the charge port on the phone barely worked, cable had to be held upward towards the front of the phone for it to charger and it charged extremely slowly. Since placing my order I have read multiple nasty reviews about this company from others who have experienced similar issues with phones purchased from them. I strongly suggest staying away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Called to discuss returning a Non functioning product I bought. They transfer me to the returns dept. After 5 plus min. their computer system hung up saying "error has occurred ". After calling back and talking with the returns dept. all I get is "I am sorry". Asked to speak to Manager. He is not available. Asked to speak to the person above him. Not available. Asked to speak to someone who can do more than say "I am sorry", girl "helping" me say "I cannot (Manager's Name), get transferred to his ext, or get his direct line." I ask "Who is in charge when all Superiors are unavailable." She said she was in charge of the company in that situation. All I got was "I am sorry" and then after holding another girl picked up and promised me a call back from Manager. STILL WAITING FOR THAT CALL. RIP-OFF ARTISTS.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I was sent a phone from Cellular Country. I should have read the reviews and BBB before taking a second glance. I purchased a phone to replace my daughter's phone that no longer holds a charge. When the phone came in we couldn't activate it. Called my carrier and they couldn't activate it either. It gave them a code that said it was locked. Then calling Cellular Country was a nightmare! 45 min on hold for 3rd in line with a wait of 3:27 minutes! Just when I was next... I get a message saying they are closed! When I called sales, and actually got someone, they treated me like I was stupid and apparently they know more than Verizon.

They tried telling me it was me not understanding. It was like they weren't listening to what I was telling them Verizon said. They offered a refund... but she said they will look at the phone to see what's wrong. Okay... so if you think it's fine then what? I'm out of the phone and a refund? Snotty. It is wrong that they instantly go in defense if you mention trouble with their products. Do I trust I will get my money back? Absolutely not! These people are shady and I wouldn't doubt their product isn't stolen. Why else would mine show a code that locks it from being activated? Verizon guy said in 13 years he never seen a code like that. Hmmm. People!!! Do not purchase from these criminals. Don't make the mistake I did. READ REVIEWS. LOOK AT THE BBB. THIS SHADY COMPANY IS CROOKED.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The phone I purchased started having a power supply/battery problem within a few days past the 30 warranty. When I called, I was told it was probably the battery. I would have to buy a new one but opps they didn't have any. I do not recommend this company. It looks like a lot of people are having problems with the products this company sells.

Cellular Country Company Information