3.5/5 (912 ratings)

About Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: April 12, 2022

I accidentally change my number to the wrong zip/area code which is in another state. I waited 25 hours to change my number online again and received a message that I recently changed my number and I must wait 24 hours from that change to change it again. Unable to change it at 26 hours also. I've had this happen a few years ago and the similar time frame happened with the same results. I had to wait another 24 (actually 26) hours from the time I attempted my failed # change to successfully change it (that's approximately 52 hours). Yes, I could call them and get charged $15 to have them manually change it. I prefer online for free.

My advice, wait at least 26 hours from # change before attempting to change your number again or they will tack on another 24 hour wait. I saw another person commented they had been trying to change their number for a week before they figured this out. I won't leave a bad review in the stars but it sure would be nice for Boost Mobile to finally fix this issue after the several years it's been happening.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I needed an extra day to pay my bill and called them and they gave me a free month. Never had that done before with any other company. Can't say anything but good about Boost Mobile. I've been with them for almost 20 years.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

My telephone service is great-until it comes time to talk to a "real" person. When facing a technical problem with for instance, a new phone it is difficult to to find real help as opposed to site Q&A.

Original review: June 2, 2021

The flexibility you have in buying a phone or device is very important to me and only Boost gives you the options to have the lower cost quality phones with just what you need, or the higher cost quality phones with everything you want. I've had service in areas where I can make calls while friends with ATT and Verizon had none. The unlimited high speed hd plan, paired with one of their hd phones is a real treat! Not to mention the hotspot to share. I would recommend Boost Mobile over any carrier. If you want control and add ons to your service without settling for mediocre, then choose Boost!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I'm writing this while on hold with Boost Mobile. Boost Mobile made an egregious error on May 5, 2022 by cancelling my service without unlocking my eligible phone, leaving me without service for 27 hours and counting. I was changing carriers and my new carrier got on a three-way call with Boost and myself to arrange the port over on 5/5. Boost rep neglected to unlock the phone, and when I called them on 5/6 I was told that they were sorry and they require 48 hours to unlock the phone (which would not be a problem if they hadn't terminated my account in good standing), the rep said he started the process, and hung up.

Over the subsequent 27 hours I spent upwards of eight (8!) hours (and counting) on the phone between the carriers attempting to reslove this failure. I called back and demanded that Boost restore my service during the 48 hour 'unlock' period, and they say they can't because the new company now has the phone number. They can, I know, but it's a mess and they are unwilling to do the work. Hours on hold only to have them end the calls without resolution. You'll save money month to month, but if there is ever a mistake, they seem to be grossly understaffed and very poorly managed so resolutions will be painful, if they come at all.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I been a Boost customer over 7+ years. I always been in a family plan. On 4/22/22 Boost suspended my daughter account without a warning. I called customer service and they said it's because of "history trafficking". I ask for more info because the number belong to my 12yr old. They refer me to email wirelessaccountescalations@dish.com and that my account will be restore in 24 hrs. However, that is not what happen. I received a response from the escalation dept. and they said the account was reviewed and they suspended because of excessive SMS usage. And that they release the phone number to switch to another carrier. I ask for more details due to the phone plan we have is unlimited talk, text and data.

They responded 1 week later with "There is no escalation at this point. Boost reserves all rights to cancel without notice or to any non-permissible uses. We release your phone number to take to another carrier". Later that day I went to a authorize Boost mobile store to see what information they can give. They told me that the family plan that I had is no longer available and they were kicking out people purposely from the plan so they can charge more for the same service. They been getting a lot of complaints from angry customers with the same issue. They are not refunding my money back either.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Caregivers application times out repeatedly, thus proof of service by GPS &/or obtaining client's signature on phone has been a nightmare. "Congested network. Call your service provider" is the message however I can't call Boost either.

New 5g phone, 2 new sim cards, checking nearest towers to clients and my home, putting my issues to the top of their technician's repair list, Checking updates, resetting connections, dropped calls, calls that start out good then nobody can hear me or I can't hear them, tower enhancement incomplete, promised completion within 48 hours, numerous 10 min. Holding sessions waiting for a supervisor to be available only to be hung up on, multiple returns to clients' homes for signatures but not even using an available Wi-Fi connection doesn't ensure provider will be there, streaming videos/movies impossible stops and starts within the first 2 mins of viewing, games freeze, links won't load, 11 calls in one day alone, calling another Boost customer fails but texting goes through...

Having to use people's phones over and over to troubleshoot mine when it is all Boost's inability to provide the service in the first place! Such sincere apologies and requests to be patient... Tell the company I work for that you can't get your act together now for over a month... I'm done.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I've been a customer of Boost Mobile for over 15 years. We have 5 phone lines under the Family Plan and are grandfathered into this. Today, they suspended my daughter's phone line for "violating Terms & Conditions outlined in the Unreasonable Use section. “Unreasonable Use” is determined by specific call patterns and network traffic history". They told me my daughter called too many numbers within an hour. THAT'S WHAT A PHONE IS FOR. THAT'S WHAT WE PAID FOR! They couldn't give me any other information or details. This is my daughter's life line and she needs it when we are away at work. I am furious. They also stole the $30 for the month we paid and said it was forfeited. I believe they did this to intentionally kick us out of the Family Plan that they no longer offer but we are grandfathered into. This is fraud on their part and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I ordered a phone on April 1st to replace one I was sold even though they knew it would be made worthless in the near future.. I followed shipping process through April 8th when it was "out for delivery". After not receiving, I called Boost, they said follow UPS updates. Since that conversation, with Boost, UPS online status has stated, "no updates". I've made multiple attempts to get my money back from Boost and they say the lost phone is "mine" and they are attempting to locate. I didn't buy a phone from UPS nor did I pick the shipper, Boost did. I get the exact same, word for word, nonsense responses every time I call Boost. They, over a week ago, stated how they "escalated my claim" to resolve. NOTHING (as of Sunday the 24th). WORTHLESS!

Original review: April 24, 2022

I ordered the Motorola G Stylus 5G on March 16, attempted to cancel order the Following morning. I was told it was cancelled (ticket #**, and however it was still shipped. The device was returned by the carrier to the warehouse (never delivered to me) and yet 1 month later, I still have no refund. I’m being told to keep calling back regarding this! How about someone from your company call me! Order # **. Give me my money back now.

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

Boost Mobile Company Information