3.6/5 (744 ratings)

About Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

I’ve been with Boost Mobile for awhile now and I just paid my bill January 25th and they suspended my son's number due to high data use when we have unlimited data. I called them. Talked to numerous different people and got nowhere. Was told to put a ticket in and wait 7-10 business days to find out if my son's phone will be turned back on. Then I asked them if I would get my money back for money I already paid for my son to have service in his phone. I was told no. I would not be refunded. I never signed any papers stating this would happen. He’s usually on wifi and I’m the one using most the data for work so just a heads up for people who use boost and get “unlimited data” it’s actually not unlimited nor will they refund you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

Boost Mobile sent me two email promotions. In the promotion, it said two offers final chance. First offer on top is "14 day free trial". Second offer right under it is "get phone for $9.99". Right under the second offer, there are small words with one sentence of "After 14 days, you will be automatically charged $25/month". So I clicked the second offer, thinking I will only be charged with $25/month. When I clicked on the second offer, it prompts me for my name, address, and credit card. But I was charged $40 a months even after 14 days with forced Auto Payment and no way to change. They said I chose the $40 plan. But they purposely write "$25/month" right under second offer, but now said it's for first offer. But they purposely put "$25/month" under second offer to cheat people. When I want to cancel, they transfer to another line waiting for hours. Cannot believe this is happening in America.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

For months my phone have been a nightmare! It's been a lemon the first 3 months, then come to find out this whole time my phone number was in someone's else's name! I've been telling them to change it. So today I decided to go online and pay, instead of talking to customer service! When I submit my payment it showed ALL my bank information, and sent it to An old customer's email address. YOU changing it MONTHS later from when I asked doesn't save my BANK info being sent to his email! You couldn't even give me a freaking discount, NOTHING, just a freaking "well it won't happen again." I can't believe this **!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

Boost cut my services on my phone. It wasn't because of payments. They merged and cut it. I call all day and they hang up on you after 3 hours. I called the second day and those idiots do the same thing. They are so bad that I have no words to describe. After with a total of 6 hours being transferred, I have no service. I have a heart condition and can't even call 911. These company and their services are the worst on this whole plane. Stay away please!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

I bought the Christmas Samsung phone/unlimited service online offer. At the end of my purchase, a popup appeared offering a bring your own phone line to the account for $35 extra monthly. I was planning to add a line anyways, so went ahead with that option, since I had a phone to bring over. I went through the compatibility check to make sure my phone would work with the service.

Everything seemed fine, up until the SIM card arrived, and I couldn't get the phone to work. I had to contact customer service, who also couldn't figure out what was going on. They transferred me to their 'advanced technical support', who also struggled with it. Finally, after an hour or so, he said that even though the phone brand and model was listed as compatible, it really wasn't. He told me to go to a physical Boost location to add another line to the account. At the store, I was told that since it was an online only account, they couldn't add a line.

Since I apparently couldn't add a line to the account, even after attempting to buy an entirely new phone to do so, I requested to have the unused line dropped. They told me that it would take 30 days to do so, and then it would drop from my account. What they failed to mention was that I would be charged for the line. Once payment time arrived, I noticed the charge there and called support again. Again, I was told that they would submit a ticket and it would be 30 days, from this second call, for the line to be removed. And, I would have to pay for the line during that time.

The line finally dropped from the account, around 1/25/2023. My bill is due again on 2/15, and the line it gone, but the charge is still there! I just got off the phone with support, yet again, and she said that she was submitting another ticket to their accounting department, and I should have a resolution in 72 hours. So, I've had to pay for an unused phone line for two months now. Their system told me that my phone was compatible, and it wasn't. The fault lies with their system, yet they are forcing a customer to pay for their mistake. It's going on the third month, and I'm still getting charged for a line that I never used a single time.

If this resolution is not satisfactory, I'm terminating service and going back to my old prepaid service that I never had a problem with. I only changed in the first place because I wanted to add my daughter's phone to my service, and that hasn't worked out. The sheer incompetence of this company is astounding. I'd go as far as to say that demanding payment from customers for services that could never be used is theft. Especially, when the fault lies with the company itself. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Boost Mobile. There are far better services out there.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Just don't shop in the stores. Terrible. Rude staff. I think it is a scam and they don't help you when you call or go to store. Terrible service in U S A. They pass the buck when you call them and refer you to someone else. Well I had poor experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Metro PCS always worked with me when things got rough and gave me extensions when I needed it. Boost will not give any extensions and my son and I work off our phones. I'm definitely going back to Metro PCS. I'm so sad Boost didn't work for us.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I got a pop up yesterday that my service is suspended and I needed to make a payment when my next bill is not due until the end of this month. They couldn't give me an explanation other than to tell me I violated my terms. Liars! Must be that I used my Hot spot for the first time ever. Now I have to wait 7 days or so for them to get this resolved with no phone access or text! I have been with Boost for years, but I will never do business with them ever again! They are not all that great anyway, but I have been a faithful customer at giving them good reviews!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Boost Mobile is the worst cellular company of all times. They shrink your data. Until your next payment is due. I'm switching companies. The customer service is terrible and they never offer customers anything free.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I activated phone in May 2022 at which time Boost sent me a SIM card package in the mail which I never used. Boost started billing me for the SIM card 5 months later which I didn't notice on my credit card statement until December 2022. I called several times to get a refund and they keep telling me they are unable to refund but will stop the autopay. They also can't explain who decided to start billing my credit card 5 months on a SIM card which I never activated. I don't understand how such a large company is not able to provide a refund. It seems they just want to keep money that they are not entitled to. This company deliberately makes it difficult to get a refund even when it is clear that it's not their money. It's corporate theft and they can get away with it.

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

Boost Mobile Company Information