1.29/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

959 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

Where do I start? A Verizon tower went out in our area and for some reason my Boost phone tried to connect to couldn't receive calls texts or connect to internet. Called customer service. What a joke. Was transferred numerous times, hung up on and lied to. Tried to get me to call Samsung since I have Samsung 7. What a joke. No satisfaction. They just plain suck. Nobody in CS speaks English so I'm without a phone with a special needs child at home with no way to get ahold of 911 in case of an emergency and forgot about trying to call the local stores. They never answer even when the so called rep called them.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I cannot wait for this last month to be up so I can switch back to Metro! Boost lied about everything to get me to switch. Now I'm stuck with service that is basically unusable until next month. I rather deal with Metro messing up my bill every month (they always correct it though) than deal with Boost ever again. This is proof that the grass sure isn't greener on the other side!!!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2019

From the beginning, Boost Mobile was not very impressive. We thought the price of service was great, so we thought we could save a few bucks. Starting our account and service at the store took entirely too long, and the girl had to keep calling another store because she didn’t know what she was doing. She didn’t enter any of our information correctly except my name, then asked for a Pin we wanted and used something completely different. We stayed with Boost for about 7 or 8 months, until we decided we wanted to get new phones. We bought new iPhones direct from Apple. They transferred the first one with no issues. Okay, great. We got the second phone a week later and everything went downhill from there.

The lady from Boost kept saying the phone was not compatible, so we called Apple. Apple was great and even called Boost Mobile. Then after those two talked, we were on the phone with Boost again. Getting told it was not compatible yet again! We were on the phone for 2 hours with Boost Mobile and getting very aggravated at that point. The rude lady from Boost Mobile hung up the phone on us and we found out she turned off the one cell phones service. And you think we could have just gone to a Boost store around here, ha! That probably would have been worse and they closed at 7. So we went to T-Mobile and they got us all taken care of. You get what you pay for! Customer service is lacking everywhere with Boost Mobile.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I just received the phone, the charger does not work. I have been on the phone with Boost for over an hour, transferred to 9 different people including Apple to purchase a new charger. I finally hung up in tears out of frustration after continually reaching people who could not help me. I am a customer for 8 and have bought several phones thru Boost. I am at a loss. I just need a charger for this phone and don’t feel like a should have to buy on thru Apple. I literally just got this phone FedEx today.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was planning on switching to Boost so I could get the $25 iPhone 6s promo. I'm currently with a competitor service, and my iPhone 6s I got through them needs to be repaired, so I figured it'd be wiser to just switch my service and get a 2nd iPhone rather than paying the same price for a repair. I went to one Boost Mobile store, they took my info, then after making me wait, informs me that they need me to pay 3 months in advance, which the website did not say. The only conditions listed on the website were that you had to switch your service before 4/15/19 to a $50, $60, or $80 plan. She said the price would be around $260 total, which doesn't add up. 3 x 50 = 150 + 25 = 175 + activation fee... Yeah, there's no way that comes to $260, but whatever.

So, either that store has its own policy that doesn't make sense, or Boost omitted important info on its website to deceive customers. Which it is, I'm not sure, because stores I called declined to give any info over the phone, and the customer service line had no info on the promo. What a disorganized mess of a company. So, instead of wasting my time physically going to brick and mortar locations who are probably just going to try to extort me for extra money if I want the "deal", I'm just going to have my original iPhone fixed. If dealing with Boost is this impossible as someone who was simply interested in their service, I don't want to find out how they treat their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: March 11, 2019

When nTelos Frawg was bought by Boost I went with them. I had to buy a new phone. When I had ongoing problems, no signal, dropped calls and voice breakup, I was told repeatedly that it was due to updates to towers, etc and I put up with it for a year. At that time I had had it with Boost. The sales rep told me I needed to upgrade to Sprint which meant I had to buy another phone. I tried for almost a year to get expected reliable service but nothing had changed. That and a rude sales rep in my local store made it clear that Sprint is inferior so I went to Verizon. Time will tell if they are better but I do NOT recommend Sprint.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I have been a customer of Boost Mobile for over 15 years. Boost service reception in my area has always been hit or miss but lately, it’s definitely been a MISS! My son and I have the same iPhones but different providers, he has reception on his. My phone on Boost Mobile, has NOTHING! He is standing 2 feet away from me and calls my phone, I can hear his phone ringing, my phone nothing! No ringing, no missed call notice, no reception! I send him a text with a picture, he gets NOTHING, I get error message, Failed to deliver! Phone shows 3 bars, I can’t make a call, no service! Yes, Boost has several low priced plans for their service, but when the provider doesn’t deliver, even FREE is overpriced!

Not sure which provider I will go to but, when it’s time to pay my monthly service payment, it will not be with BOOST! Yes, I did call Boost Mobile with my concern. Boost so graciously offered me a $30.00 credit on my next bill. Not better service, not a reduction on my plan price, $30.00 on my next bill! $30.00 credit is an insult for 15+ years of loyalty to this company! What I want is better reception! PS: yes, I checked the coverage map of my location, dark green for cell and dark orange for data. Both are ‘BEST’ but NO THEY ARE NOT! If this is best, I would hate to see the Fair!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I was with Boost for years because I figured that all plans that were prepay like that were the same. They are not. I switch to Metro because Boost phones have always broke down on me. I used to buy the insurance but anything that goes wrong with your phone it never seems to be under the insurance. Their phones are never high quality. The customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. When I did switch to Metro I had prepaid for 2 months ahead of time and it is still taking me 3 weeks to get my money back from them that Naomi and I'm still fighting them for it. Every customer service issue I have ever had has never been resolved in the nice timely manner with them. That is one of the main reasons I switch other than with other phone companies, you get better phones and deals but I will never go back to Boost.

It seems that everyone in their customer service department is named Mike and they all have such an accent that I couldn't understand them and they hardly understood me which made it very hard to communicate my issues. On the plus side with Boost the coverage I never had an issue with. It was always my phone's operation or dealing with customer service that tended to make me want to leave.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I called customer service to have my Wi-Fi issue fixed. They had me reset my phone and it never reset nor did it work again after that customer service put me on hold at saying their tech support would help but nobody ever came on the line and I listened to their Boost promotions for about an hour which I would consider to be sheer torture I called back again explain my frustrations and house I just got left hanging on hold only to repeat the process and be left hanging again two different customer service people hang me out to dry leaving my phone and an operable and me frustrated.

Be sure to get your account number from these people. They gave me the wrong account number three times because they don't want you to switch services. Terrible organization and terrible business altogether. I do not like Boost Mobile. I do not recommend it to anyone and I think it should be put out of business. So horrible to their customers!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have been with Boost for years upon years and they offered 100 for 4 lines so I had 3 phones already and wanted to connect my son's phone and I went into a Boost Mobile store and told her I didn't want the plan of 4 phone if it was going to make it more of 100.00. She hooked it up without me saying yes and proceeded to tell me my bill was 125.00 in which I couldn't afford at that time. She told me there was nothing she could do and for me to call customer service. And there was nothing that they could do. I'm disappointed in the way that they handle their customers. A lot of you will say, "Well. It's a store's fault." But Customer service wouldn't do anything to make it right. I do not recommend this service as they will lie to you just to get you to go with them.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs