Boost Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Boost offers 10 GBS of data, when that is reached you get throttled. Boost offers a restart program to buy more data or restart your plan. When you apply for a restart Boost or to buy more data Boost applies the money to next month's bill. You get no restart or data until next months bill is due. I think I'll switch carriers... Sprint is offering unlimited data up to 24 GBS. Bye bye Boost! & your 2 million $ CEO.

Overall I'm not UNsatisfied with Boost, especially their in-store service. One guy there, named Juneau, is really an amazing rep. My primary complaint is that their 4G signal fades in and out on a fairly regular basis. And even when my phone indicates I have the 4G signal, it's extremely slow for downloads and videos are buffering often. It reminds me of my 90's Gateway desktop! I'm very frustrated with their poor 4G performance.

Boost Mobile needs to be investigated by the FTC. I have had multiple instances where Boost has cited an inordinate amount of data usage which was impossible. I have called and written Boost about this several times, but no one tries to do anything about it. They have made many asinine excuses, and try to maintain that it's my computer, or I left my device on, etc. None of these things are true, and I find this a little too much to swallow.

Once again, I had an astronomical leap in data usage from one evening to the next of approximately 2.3 GB, and - I had not been on the computer since the day before. I decided to do a test, and logged into my Boost Mobile account page, which falsely reflected I had used a little over 4,600 MB - which was impossible (that would require 2 GB when I was not online, and the hotspot was off). I noticed just after checking a few web pages, the counter would leap 100 MB at a time - not 76 or 89 mind you -100 MB.

So starting at 5,416 MB, I looked at about 6-8 web pages; one being my email, and others being random sites. I watched no videos or music. I refreshed my Boost Mobile Account page again. The data usage after toggling between the 6-8 webpages was now at 5,516 total usage. Again I toggled between another 6-8 pages, and lo and behold, it climbed now to 5,616. Surfed another 6 to 8 pages again, refreshed now up 5,716 MB. Again repeat the process, 5,816. What are the odds, that the few pages I looked not only reflected an astronomical leap of 100 MB, but was EXACTLY 100 MB each time. All of this transpired in 40 minutes time, with a usage of well over 1 GB.

This is fraud and I believe Boost Mobile is deliberately setting their system to generate false data usage in 100 MB increments. I witness this with my own eyes, and I deliberately tested them. I have attempted several screen prints showing the 100 MB incremental data usage, but I think I hit the wrong key and most didn't take. I just have the 5,416 MB and 5,816 MB shots that I was able to save. I believe this is fraudulent activity on Boost Mobile's part - I do not believe this is a fluke or problem with their system. I can not see this happening every month, and they are taking advantage of their customers.

The month before, I had in one evening's times, 2.3 GB disappeared from my account summary page. I had checked a few websites and my email. I watched no movies or play music. Ever since they started offering where you can add additional data packages, my data use according to them has been literally melting away like quicksand. I've called multiple times and sent support emails, but they won't do anything about it. My computer data calculator reflects about half the GBs less a month than what they are asserting.

Initially, during my first 5 months with Boost, I would have like 2-4 GB left over at the end of each month. Now, there is a night and day difference with them. Even AT&T who has lied and paid millions in fines about lying about data usage, does not even come close to the incredulous amount of false data usage asserted by Boost Mobile. I strongly recommend if you're in area with several internet choices, and just need a data plan, I would strongly recommend NOT choosing Boost Mobile - they will fabricate your data usage, and insist you're the culprit. I'm not a computer expert, but I'm no novice when it comes to them either, and I have no doubt that Boost Mobile is manipulating the data usage on my account. Absolutely outrageous.

Today 1/24/2017 I call Boost Mobile to review my account for both lines to only found out that we are being cheated out of our billing cycle. We have 30 until our bill is due. Therefore we are getting a disconnecting service a day before if we are purchasing a monthly (30) usage. This should follow through actually 30 day not 29. Last month I purchase a re-boost card 12/24/2016 at 6:17pm. Which mean my next payment should be due on the 24th by the end of business day 5pm or night 12am. Absolutely not the day before on the 23rd at 12am. This is very misleading and unfair. We ask to speak to a mgr the rep said "no because we are on a recorded line". Plus corporate do not have a contact number. I'm saying to myself they are really getting over. Unlimited data and service are a failure. They really do not care. We will be switching service providers.

Can't get a very good signal. Suppose to be getting 4G but only get 2G most of the time. I've had two phones go bad on me while still under warranty and couldn't get anyone to help me get them replaced. At one time had my service cut off for nonpayment when I paid two weeks earlier and the clerk in the store just forgot to give me credit thank goodness. Also, I had my receipt but they would not give me credit for the two days I was without service. All in all they are a lousy phone company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Boost/Sprint is withdrawing funds monthly from my bank account. I was supposedly on auto debt for over a year and made the mistake of giving them my account information. Recently I have been monitoring my account, and noticed that they have been taking money every month for the last three months $47.00 for one phone $79.00 for the other. We are supposedly on family plan which is just supposed to be $79.00 plus insurance. A supervisor from Boost stated to me that they cannot do nothing about it, and that I must go to my bank and file a fraud complaint there. I gave them my account information because they said it would save me money.

We were charged on August 6, 9, 27, September 7, 26, 2,8 October 7, 27, November 7, 16, 26. Then on Dec 7 we went into Magna store because they said they couldn't process payment Then we get a TeX this was paid $62.00. Then we get a TeX saying automatic debit has been added. Then on Jan 6 it was removed not by us Then they threaten on the other phone disruption twice on Jan 6. They're saying next payment 2/6. Then it said auto debit was added again Jan 6 on Jan 10 no internet at all. Then I called Boost WVC 5600 store. They refuse to give ownership name. I let them know I would be pressing fraud charges. So I called around to other stores to find this information. The manager calls back and states I got her in trouble with her boss. Manager yelling at me. If they would have followed through I wouldn't have had to go this far.

My 4G service went out 20 mins after I paid my bill. Boost Mobile has horrible 4G in Toledo, Ohio. This month Internet connection has been going out 3-4 times day bad gateway. I had $28 come up missing from account. Customer service is a joke.

I bought an iPhone for Christmas for my sister from the Boost website. It had scratches and it had a dent where the screen would pop up randomly which I looked passed because I did purchase a refurbished cellphone but now the phone doesn't work at all. The bottom is frozen. She cannot take pictures, cannot touch anything from the bottom screen. I understand that the phone is refurbished however if I am paying 240 dollars for an iPhone I'm expecting it to AT MINIMAL function properly. Battery dies in 30 mins. For all that WHY suggest a refurbished cellphone when I could have bought a brand new cellphone. I've been calling Boost Mobile even stepped into one and they have been nothing but unhelpful. Do not buy your phones from Boost Mobile! I hate to say this but it is a waste of money.

The system has always been reliable except for one small area in Delaware. It is the best plan for the money and is probably better than those I've had like Verizon. Personal service has never been a problem and their help has always been accurate.

They offer a great value and customer service has not been too frustrating. Boost mobile uses the Sprint Network which has good coverage in my city. If I go to rural areas not near a major interstate highway, there is no coverage. But I am only paying $30 per month for unlimited talk and text and 3.5 G high speed data, which grows with every three months of on time payments to a maximum of 5G. A good deal, IMO.

My name is Donald ** and I'm contacting you because of the Company Boost Mobile mistreatment of their Customers. I have been without service due to no fault of my own. As of 12/31/16 a little after 2pm my phone just started saying no service and upon restarting my phone it would say Network Error, no Network Connection. I contacted Boost the next day and was told that there was an upgrade being done on the Towers in my area and that the issue should be corrected within 24 hours. So on 1/2/17 I rebooted my phone, same issue, no Network Connection and after 2 hrs of going back and forth with different agents going through the same checks of my phone I got an agent in the supposed escalated tech support department who had me do a hard reboot losing all of my information on my phone.

Once this did not work the agent told me that there was still work being done on the Towers in my zip code and if it was not working still in 48 hrs to call again. To try to keep this short obviously since I'm contacting you my phone service is still not connected to their network and all they keep saying to me is that they are still working on the Towers and before I contacted Boost on 1/4/17 the 48 hrs that they had given to me to call back I went to their company website and found hundreds of people that had gone through the same ordeal without compensation of a new phone or anything. I'm not looking for anything out of this except for a Public warning about this Company. I have worked in Customer Service and one thing I know is that this is not how Customers should be treated. Thank You for your time. I'm using my WiFi to send this.

I paid my phone bill $50 on January 4th, 2017 and added a line $37 total $87. It's 1/6/17 and Boost Mobile is saying I need to go pay my phone bill. This is a mess. Data slow & everything. I want a refund. I don't recommend Boost. They just a rip off and the lady took 2 hours just to add 1 line to my service and said because she was on her lunch break. This is ridiculous. I'm going down there 1st thing tomorrow morning. I want my money back .

Phone plans: Misleading. Very unhelpful... Auto reboost has a plan where you are supposed to get $5 off a month for enrolling. That only happened the month I enrolled. Then the plan states that after 3 months of on-time payments you receive free service for a month. When I couldn't do it online I called. I was told some gibberish about how I had reached the first goal for that but had to increase data etc. Increasing data would involve another higher plan.

I asked for a supervisor and was disconnected. I went through the whole process once more. Finally got a supervisor who told me I HAD misunderstood the plan. I told him no and gave him the information. Then he said that I wasn't enrolled. I confirmed that. Then I was told that I, myself, was enrolled but my card wasn't!?! I confirmed that. I finally told him to take me out of the plan. He said I could "easily" do that online. Since it kicks you out when you try online... NO I can't! He started to tell me how I was going to lose this invisible data I had accumulated. I stopped him. His last try was that I would have to pay a $3 fee for the TECHNICAL SUPPORT used to change my plan. I told him I absolutely wanted to speak to management and NOT to disconnect me. He put me on hold for 5 seconds. Came back on and said because I was such a good customer etc he was allowed to waive the fee.

My point is that besides everything Boost put me through just during the phone call, besides the fact I was really happy about my supposed free month is this Really Worth it to the company? To be on the phone as long as they were? To know I was going to drop their company totally? To be told I was putting it on Facebook and submitting a report to Consumer Affairs? If I was Corporate I would say absolutely not! The last thing is that I'm poor. To get another phone and to change plans will cost me more money. However in the long run it will pay off... I hope. Thank you.

Boost/Sprint is withdrawing funds monthly from my bank account. I was a Boost mobile customer years ago and made the mistake of giving them my account information. I canceled my account with them because I moved to a new area where they don't provide service. Please keep in mind, this has been over two years ago. Recently I have been monitoring my account, and noticed that they have been taking money every month for the last three months. A supervisor from Boost stated to me that they will do nothing about it, and that I must go to my bank and file a fraud complaint there. I gave them my account information because they said it would save me money. They did not say that they would store my credit card info and charge me years later for a non existing account. This in my opinion is theft. How many others have fallen victim to this fraudulent business tactic.

I was so excited about trying Boost Mobile out, but I quickly learned I should have followed my first judgment of the company and AVOIDED this nightmare of a experience. It all started when I ordered a refurbished iPhone 6 on 12/23/16 and paid for overnight shipping. With Christmas being a couple of days away I expected to receive the phone on the following Tuesday. WRONG. The phone did not come until Wednesday (12/27/16). I was not as upset about that because I was so excited to have my phone!

Well, the same night on the 27th I tried to program my phone to the Boost network and for some reason the phone was not connecting. So I called Boost customer care on Thursday (12/28/16) sat on the phone with them for almost two hours and was subsequently transferred to Apple. I sat on the phone another two hours with Apple and they concluded that the phone was having a hardware issue. By this time I already paid for the $55 dollar plan in which I had to pay a $10 activation fee. So in total it came up to $66.87.

I checked my bank account and noticed that Boost took $66.87 TWICE equaling up to or around $141. So on Friday (12/29/16) I called boost to exchange the phone and get my money back that they took for the plan. Every time I spoke with a customer service rep about the issue or asked to talk with a supervisor they would put me on hold and transfer me either to apple or the insurance department.

When I called them back a fourth time I am understandably irritated. So I spoke to the rep and demanded not to be put in hold. I finally got through to the department that takes the phones back and I just sent it off yesterday (12/29/16), so that I can get my FULL refund of $341.00 I refuse to do any more business with this unprofessional company. Don't recommend!

I have been with Boost Mobile for 4 months now and have had issues with my high speed data since day one. My phone will show 4G LTE service but my data runs super slow. I have contacted Boost a minimum of 25 times about the issue and every time I call in they blame it on something else to the point I am leaving Boost and my advice is please don't waste your money on this service because they do not value their customers.

Boost Mobile sent me a text. It said "pay your bill today and receive 2 months free high speed data." Now I've called twice to try to straighten this out and now they're telling me they need $45 to receive the 2 months high speed data that's not free. I want everybody to know how Boost rips people off by not explaining themselves clearly and I consider this lying to their customers and I will be looking for a new carrier.

Had Boost for over 3 years. Finally got tired of their lousy service. My LG Stylo phone was also a lemon. Was such a hassle to port the number to Verizon, MARC, one of the reps, purposefully gave me the wrong account number. They do everything they can to stop you from changing carriers. If that's the type of people they hire, I want nothing to do with them. Verizon prepaid is just a few dollars more, and a huge upgrade. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Was on automatic reboost with a credit card. Someone attempts to use my card info to steal, have to cancel the card and get a new one. Forget that my automatic reboost was on this card. So boost sends me an e-mail the day after my balance expires that my balance is $0.00 and I need to reboost. Other companies e-mail that my card did not go through and call their customer service to get fixed. Not Boost. Call them up. After a lot of back and forth they restore part of my balance, but keep $25.00 for themselves. These guys are corporate thieves hiding behind a call center.

I have been with Boost a while but I'm leaving them soon. This company is a joke. Every month drop my internet speed from a 3g speed to a 1g. Thankfully I stop 2 family members from getting services from Boost. If I were you I would go with another company not Boost. They are garbage.

I have never been so irritated, and unsatisfied with a cellphone company in my life and I have had my fair share of phones. I received the Kyocera waterproof phone for a birthday present and I was really excited because it seemed to be a really nice phone. The phone would actually be pretty awesome if it worked properly. About 90 percent of the time my text messages don't get sent. They just sit in text message limbo and are in sending mode forever. If I go ten miles in any direction from my house my phone goes into roaming mode and I can't use it at all. No calls, no texts, no internet. It's totally useless unless I am sitting home, where I have access to a land line a computer and internet. My calls are constantly dropped if in fact they do go through. And if by some miracle my text messages go through it takes about 10 minutes a text and I have to resend about 3 times.

It took me about an hour of listening to recorded messages and searching on the net to talk to an actual live person to discuss my issues I was having with the phone and since I was home, where my phone actually halfway works, they couldn't troubleshoot it. Their advice to me was to go out of my way to find a location where my phone starts roaming and call them back. Which I thought was an excellent idea seeing as when my phone is roaming IT DOESN'T WORK! So I have to make sure I have a different working phone with me and I have to wait until I am away from my home and my phone starts malfunctioning and call them back. I can't wait for this call. I wish I could give this company less than one star. I am just disgusted with the entire thing. My advice if you see a Boost Mobile sign advertised anywhere, run!! Run away screaming!!

I have used this carrier for years and have had no problems. I can add money to the account once every 3 months and it can be as little as $5. What I don't use is carried over as long as I re-Boost on time. Admittedly there have been a couple of times I was late and lost what I had on the account. It's easy to add money by phone or website.

I've been using Boost Mobile for years, primarily in the Tampa, Florida area and their service (cell) is great (clear, no dropped calls, etc.). I find navigating their website challenging even after all these years. I've always been able to get any service I need from one of their stores but those stores seem to open and close frequently but there's usually one within shooting distance.

I do not like their selection of phones which seems to me to be mostly low end. I plan to purchase a new, unlocked Pixel (il?) phone in the near future, we'll see how that works out. I'm paying less than $35.00 a month. I had their unlimited plan for years but don't use that much data so I reduced it. If you pay with auto-reboost they increase your data limits regularly so it's all the same to me.

I changed my payment method recently (website) and received a couple of confusing texts. That seems to have worked (the change) but I won't be sure until the next payment goes through? Trying to locate a live person makes the website look easy! But as I've said I've had very few concerns and the service is consistent not requiring much interaction (sometimes for as long as years) so that doesn't make any of my gripes a deal breaker. I do my part (pay) and they do theirs (provide service), no hassles, no advertising, works for me! Satisfied!

The service is has frequent intermittent interruptions in service, however if you complain strong enough they will credit your account. I started this service because they offered what they call 'a shrinkage plan', after being on the plan for several months, they abruptly stopped the plan, I only keep Boost Mobile because I get 'unlimited' service for $45 per mo. plus tax.

It seems to me Boost Mobile wanted to get rid off of all the refurbished inventory they have by selling them as a new on Black Friday. Especially to certain race of people which they consider too stupid to recognize a refurbished from a new phone. The phone in question that I bought, not only didn't come with a Samsung original sealed box but it didn't even have instructions or worse: no warranties! etc. On top of that I have to pay for the return of the "refurbished" phone in order to get a refund. And that's your Black Friday. Is the phone working? Yeah! But the point is not whether the phone works or not, is the fact that you are paying for something that is supposedly spiffy brand new. I called Boost Mobile to complaint about the phone and 3 times I got 3 different versions on returning the said phone. Thanks Boost Mobile for making a happy go lovely xmas gift into a distasteful nightmare.

Ordered TWO NEW Samsung 5S; one was new. The other used. Sent used one back. Could not get insurance on it. They received it and still have not received. Refunded the $411.00 plus the $41.00 to ship it back. Called 11-28-2016 and have got the runaround. Told STEVEN that I'd wait until the 30th to see if the money was put back. Have had Boost for two years, with no problems. Now, all of a sudden it's instant poop. Did they change hands or what. Going to have to shop around it looks like.

I Bought a Samsung Galaxy J7 and it's horrible. I didn't notice at first but people tell me they can't hear me when I'm speaking. I never dropped the phone or anything so when I call Boost Mobile customer support they tell me they are aware that this phone is horrible and there is nothing I can do. Just letting people know stay away from their Galaxys, this phone and service ** sucks.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Today I just changed my phone payment plan from the $30 monthly to $50 monthly. It said my payment was declined and to try again, but it already took the $50 off. My bill is due on 11/30. Can I get my money back or will the plan go through on the 30th? What is going on?

This is the WORST cell phone company ever!! I've had issues since day one & that was before I even received the phone. I first called in to purchase a phone but the rep tells me if I buy it online I will not have to pay for my first month of service. Well that was a lie!! When I received the phone I called to activate it & they told I would have to pay $50 for the first month & they're not sure why the rep told me that. Of course right?! So I pay the $50. In all honesty that should have been a red flag. Well now fast forward a month & I can't use internet on this phone. The internet is terribly slow. It continuously loads & buffers videos. Social media will not load or anything. I try to connect the phone to wifi & it doesn't work at all.

I've called multiple times regarding this issue. The first time the guy tells me, "There's nothing we can do but we can credit your account since you've been paying for unlimited data but haven't been able to use it". The second time they do some troubleshooting, transfer me around multiple times. No one can find the issue so they transfer me to Apple (I have an iPhone) because they say it's a problem with the device itself. Stay on hold forever with Apple to find out nothing is wrong & to call the company back.

I call Boost Mobile back today & ask about the issue with the phone & the credit they were suppose to be giving me. He tells me they're only allowed to give credits when there is a problem on their end & since they show that the towers are working in my area they will not credit me. I ask to speak to a supervisor. He puts me on hold & comes back to say his supervisor advised there is nothing they can do. Again, I ask to speak with a supervisor. He puts him on the phone. The supervisor proceeds to tell me that all the test came back & my phone shows it's in good standing on their end so they do not believe it's not working.

After some back & forth he tells me I need to call the manufacturer. I tell him I've already done that & the problem is on their end. He then tells me if that's the case then I need to buy a new phone. I JUST bought this phone at the end of October. I tell him that they need to refund me so I can purchase a new phone. He tells me that they aren't refunding me & it's my fault that I purchased it. I ask to speak to his supervisor & he tells me that he's the highest person I can speak to. I tell him I'm going to call corporate & he tells me to have a good day & then hung up on me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CELLPHONE COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY!! IT'S A SCAM! I wish I could leave less than one star!

I think this phone company is Greedy. I don't recall ever order service and my speed drops so much that it's worst than dial up and that was back in the stone ages. You should have to keep going back and forth wondering why buy the $60 unlimited when I gave Wi-Fi here and at work. Yet within two weeks I'm warned my data will be gone down to irritable, ridiculous, insulting speed. It allows you to hate the company that has the audacity to do this. I'm sitting here in a parking waiting for my bank information to come up, after 4 mins, I gave up.

When phones first came out, they weren't this slow, so why now? I think this company does this to push the average user, the hard working class to the highest plan. I mean why wouldn't them. If $35 was enough to last a month then no need to spend more. So why not make us buy more data if you slow us down. In the beginning who heard of buying data. Who heard of the phone company slowing you down to a winding halt! It's enough to say "Nonsense. It's bullhorn. My fast speed internet at home and at the Hotel I work at should be enough!" Wi-Fi fortunately handled this sudden adjustment in data. That being said. $45 should be enough data. I don't need it at home and work, and that's all I do.

Compare Prepaid Phones