Boost Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My name is Donald ** and I'm contacting you because of the Company Boost Mobile mistreatment of their Customers. I have been without service due to no fault of my own. As of 12/31/16 a little after 2pm my phone just started saying no service and upon restarting my phone it would say Network Error, no Network Connection. I contacted Boost the next day and was told that there was an upgrade being done on the Towers in my area and that the issue should be corrected within 24 hours. So on 1/2/17 I rebooted my phone, same issue, no Network Connection and after 2 hrs of going back and forth with different agents going through the same checks of my phone I got an agent in the supposed escalated tech support department who had me do a hard reboot losing all of my information on my phone.

Once this did not work the agent told me that there was still work being done on the Towers in my zip code and if it was not working still in 48 hrs to call again. To try to keep this short obviously since I'm contacting you my phone service is still not connected to their network and all they keep saying to me is that they are still working on the Towers and before I contacted Boost on 1/4/17 the 48 hrs that they had given to me to call back I went to their company website and found hundreds of people that had gone through the same ordeal without compensation of a new phone or anything. I'm not looking for anything out of this except for a Public warning about this Company. I have worked in Customer Service and one thing I know is that this is not how Customers should be treated. Thank You for your time. I'm using my WiFi to send this.

I paid my phone bill $50 on January 4th, 2017 and added a line $37 total $87. It's 1/6/17 and Boost Mobile is saying I need to go pay my phone bill. This is a mess. Data slow & everything. I want a refund. I don't recommend Boost. They just a rip off and the lady took 2 hours just to add 1 line to my service and said because she was on her lunch break. This is ridiculous. I'm going down there 1st thing tomorrow morning. I want my money back .

Phone plans: Misleading. Very unhelpful... Auto reboost has a plan where you are supposed to get $5 off a month for enrolling. That only happened the month I enrolled. Then the plan states that after 3 months of on-time payments you receive free service for a month. When I couldn't do it online I called. I was told some gibberish about how I had reached the first goal for that but had to increase data etc. Increasing data would involve another higher plan.

I asked for a supervisor and was disconnected. I went through the whole process once more. Finally got a supervisor who told me I HAD misunderstood the plan. I told him no and gave him the information. Then he said that I wasn't enrolled. I confirmed that. Then I was told that I, myself, was enrolled but my card wasn't!?! I confirmed that. I finally told him to take me out of the plan. He said I could "easily" do that online. Since it kicks you out when you try online... NO I can't! He started to tell me how I was going to lose this invisible data I had accumulated. I stopped him. His last try was that I would have to pay a $3 fee for the TECHNICAL SUPPORT used to change my plan. I told him I absolutely wanted to speak to management and NOT to disconnect me. He put me on hold for 5 seconds. Came back on and said because I was such a good customer etc he was allowed to waive the fee.

My point is that besides everything Boost put me through just during the phone call, besides the fact I was really happy about my supposed free month is this Really Worth it to the company? To be on the phone as long as they were? To know I was going to drop their company totally? To be told I was putting it on Facebook and submitting a report to Consumer Affairs? If I was Corporate I would say absolutely not! The last thing is that I'm poor. To get another phone and to change plans will cost me more money. However in the long run it will pay off... I hope. Thank you.

Boost/Sprint is withdrawing funds monthly from my bank account. I was a Boost mobile customer years ago and made the mistake of giving them my account information. I canceled my account with them because I moved to a new area where they don't provide service. Please keep in mind, this has been over two years ago. Recently I have been monitoring my account, and noticed that they have been taking money every month for the last three months. A supervisor from Boost stated to me that they will do nothing about it, and that I must go to my bank and file a fraud complaint there. I gave them my account information because they said it would save me money. They did not say that they would store my credit card info and charge me years later for a non existing account. This in my opinion is theft. How many others have fallen victim to this fraudulent business tactic.

I was so excited about trying Boost Mobile out, but I quickly learned I should have followed my first judgment of the company and AVOIDED this nightmare of a experience. It all started when I ordered a refurbished iPhone 6 on 12/23/16 and paid for overnight shipping. With Christmas being a couple of days away I expected to receive the phone on the following Tuesday. WRONG. The phone did not come until Wednesday (12/27/16). I was not as upset about that because I was so excited to have my phone!

Well, the same night on the 27th I tried to program my phone to the Boost network and for some reason the phone was not connecting. So I called Boost customer care on Thursday (12/28/16) sat on the phone with them for almost two hours and was subsequently transferred to Apple. I sat on the phone another two hours with Apple and they concluded that the phone was having a hardware issue. By this time I already paid for the $55 dollar plan in which I had to pay a $10 activation fee. So in total it came up to $66.87.

I checked my bank account and noticed that Boost took $66.87 TWICE equaling up to or around $141. So on Friday (12/29/16) I called boost to exchange the phone and get my money back that they took for the plan. Every time I spoke with a customer service rep about the issue or asked to talk with a supervisor they would put me on hold and transfer me either to apple or the insurance department.

When I called them back a fourth time I am understandably irritated. So I spoke to the rep and demanded not to be put in hold. I finally got through to the department that takes the phones back and I just sent it off yesterday (12/29/16), so that I can get my FULL refund of $341.00 I refuse to do any more business with this unprofessional company. Don't recommend!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

I have been with Boost Mobile for 4 months now and have had issues with my high speed data since day one. My phone will show 4G LTE service but my data runs super slow. I have contacted Boost a minimum of 25 times about the issue and every time I call in they blame it on something else to the point I am leaving Boost and my advice is please don't waste your money on this service because they do not value their customers.

Boost Mobile sent me a text. It said "pay your bill today and receive 2 months free high speed data." Now I've called twice to try to straighten this out and now they're telling me they need $45 to receive the 2 months high speed data that's not free. I want everybody to know how Boost rips people off by not explaining themselves clearly and I consider this lying to their customers and I will be looking for a new carrier.

Had Boost for over 3 years. Finally got tired of their lousy service. My LG Stylo phone was also a lemon. Was such a hassle to port the number to Verizon, MARC, one of the reps, purposefully gave me the wrong account number. They do everything they can to stop you from changing carriers. If that's the type of people they hire, I want nothing to do with them. Verizon prepaid is just a few dollars more, and a huge upgrade. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Was on automatic reboost with a credit card. Someone attempts to use my card info to steal, have to cancel the card and get a new one. Forget that my automatic reboost was on this card. So boost sends me an e-mail the day after my balance expires that my balance is $0.00 and I need to reboost. Other companies e-mail that my card did not go through and call their customer service to get fixed. Not Boost. Call them up. After a lot of back and forth they restore part of my balance, but keep $25.00 for themselves. These guys are corporate thieves hiding behind a call center.

I have been with Boost a while but I'm leaving them soon. This company is a joke. Every month drop my internet speed from a 3g speed to a 1g. Thankfully I stop 2 family members from getting services from Boost. If I were you I would go with another company not Boost. They are garbage.

I have never been so irritated, and unsatisfied with a cellphone company in my life and I have had my fair share of phones. I received the Kyocera waterproof phone for a birthday present and I was really excited because it seemed to be a really nice phone. The phone would actually be pretty awesome if it worked properly. About 90 percent of the time my text messages don't get sent. They just sit in text message limbo and are in sending mode forever. If I go ten miles in any direction from my house my phone goes into roaming mode and I can't use it at all. No calls, no texts, no internet. It's totally useless unless I am sitting home, where I have access to a land line a computer and internet. My calls are constantly dropped if in fact they do go through. And if by some miracle my text messages go through it takes about 10 minutes a text and I have to resend about 3 times.

It took me about an hour of listening to recorded messages and searching on the net to talk to an actual live person to discuss my issues I was having with the phone and since I was home, where my phone actually halfway works, they couldn't troubleshoot it. Their advice to me was to go out of my way to find a location where my phone starts roaming and call them back. Which I thought was an excellent idea seeing as when my phone is roaming IT DOESN'T WORK! So I have to make sure I have a different working phone with me and I have to wait until I am away from my home and my phone starts malfunctioning and call them back. I can't wait for this call. I wish I could give this company less than one star. I am just disgusted with the entire thing. My advice if you see a Boost Mobile sign advertised anywhere, run!! Run away screaming!!

I have used this carrier for years and have had no problems. I can add money to the account once every 3 months and it can be as little as $5. What I don't use is carried over as long as I re-Boost on time. Admittedly there have been a couple of times I was late and lost what I had on the account. It's easy to add money by phone or website.

I've been using Boost Mobile for years, primarily in the Tampa, Florida area and their service (cell) is great (clear, no dropped calls, etc.). I find navigating their website challenging even after all these years. I've always been able to get any service I need from one of their stores but those stores seem to open and close frequently but there's usually one within shooting distance.

I do not like their selection of phones which seems to me to be mostly low end. I plan to purchase a new, unlocked Pixel (il?) phone in the near future, we'll see how that works out. I'm paying less than $35.00 a month. I had their unlimited plan for years but don't use that much data so I reduced it. If you pay with auto-reboost they increase your data limits regularly so it's all the same to me.

I changed my payment method recently (website) and received a couple of confusing texts. That seems to have worked (the change) but I won't be sure until the next payment goes through? Trying to locate a live person makes the website look easy! But as I've said I've had very few concerns and the service is consistent not requiring much interaction (sometimes for as long as years) so that doesn't make any of my gripes a deal breaker. I do my part (pay) and they do theirs (provide service), no hassles, no advertising, works for me! Satisfied!

The service is has frequent intermittent interruptions in service, however if you complain strong enough they will credit your account. I started this service because they offered what they call 'a shrinkage plan', after being on the plan for several months, they abruptly stopped the plan, I only keep Boost Mobile because I get 'unlimited' service for $45 per mo. plus tax.

It seems to me Boost Mobile wanted to get rid off of all the refurbished inventory they have by selling them as a new on Black Friday. Especially to certain race of people which they consider too stupid to recognize a refurbished from a new phone. The phone in question that I bought, not only didn't come with a Samsung original sealed box but it didn't even have instructions or worse: no warranties! etc. On top of that I have to pay for the return of the "refurbished" phone in order to get a refund. And that's your Black Friday. Is the phone working? Yeah! But the point is not whether the phone works or not, is the fact that you are paying for something that is supposedly spiffy brand new. I called Boost Mobile to complaint about the phone and 3 times I got 3 different versions on returning the said phone. Thanks Boost Mobile for making a happy go lovely xmas gift into a distasteful nightmare.

Ordered TWO NEW Samsung 5S; one was new. The other used. Sent used one back. Could not get insurance on it. They received it and still have not received. Refunded the $411.00 plus the $41.00 to ship it back. Called 11-28-2016 and have got the runaround. Told STEVEN that I'd wait until the 30th to see if the money was put back. Have had Boost for two years, with no problems. Now, all of a sudden it's instant poop. Did they change hands or what. Going to have to shop around it looks like.

I Bought a Samsung Galaxy J7 and it's horrible. I didn't notice at first but people tell me they can't hear me when I'm speaking. I never dropped the phone or anything so when I call Boost Mobile customer support they tell me they are aware that this phone is horrible and there is nothing I can do. Just letting people know stay away from their Galaxys, this phone and service ** sucks.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Today I just changed my phone payment plan from the $30 monthly to $50 monthly. It said my payment was declined and to try again, but it already took the $50 off. My bill is due on 11/30. Can I get my money back or will the plan go through on the 30th? What is going on?

This is the WORST cell phone company ever!! I've had issues since day one & that was before I even received the phone. I first called in to purchase a phone but the rep tells me if I buy it online I will not have to pay for my first month of service. Well that was a lie!! When I received the phone I called to activate it & they told I would have to pay $50 for the first month & they're not sure why the rep told me that. Of course right?! So I pay the $50. In all honesty that should have been a red flag. Well now fast forward a month & I can't use internet on this phone. The internet is terribly slow. It continuously loads & buffers videos. Social media will not load or anything. I try to connect the phone to wifi & it doesn't work at all.

I've called multiple times regarding this issue. The first time the guy tells me, "There's nothing we can do but we can credit your account since you've been paying for unlimited data but haven't been able to use it". The second time they do some troubleshooting, transfer me around multiple times. No one can find the issue so they transfer me to Apple (I have an iPhone) because they say it's a problem with the device itself. Stay on hold forever with Apple to find out nothing is wrong & to call the company back.

I call Boost Mobile back today & ask about the issue with the phone & the credit they were suppose to be giving me. He tells me they're only allowed to give credits when there is a problem on their end & since they show that the towers are working in my area they will not credit me. I ask to speak to a supervisor. He puts me on hold & comes back to say his supervisor advised there is nothing they can do. Again, I ask to speak with a supervisor. He puts him on the phone. The supervisor proceeds to tell me that all the test came back & my phone shows it's in good standing on their end so they do not believe it's not working.

After some back & forth he tells me I need to call the manufacturer. I tell him I've already done that & the problem is on their end. He then tells me if that's the case then I need to buy a new phone. I JUST bought this phone at the end of October. I tell him that they need to refund me so I can purchase a new phone. He tells me that they aren't refunding me & it's my fault that I purchased it. I ask to speak to his supervisor & he tells me that he's the highest person I can speak to. I tell him I'm going to call corporate & he tells me to have a good day & then hung up on me. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CELLPHONE COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY!! IT'S A SCAM! I wish I could leave less than one star!

I think this phone company is Greedy. I don't recall ever order service and my speed drops so much that it's worst than dial up and that was back in the stone ages. You should have to keep going back and forth wondering why buy the $60 unlimited when I gave Wi-Fi here and at work. Yet within two weeks I'm warned my data will be gone down to irritable, ridiculous, insulting speed. It allows you to hate the company that has the audacity to do this. I'm sitting here in a parking waiting for my bank information to come up, after 4 mins, I gave up.

When phones first came out, they weren't this slow, so why now? I think this company does this to push the average user, the hard working class to the highest plan. I mean why wouldn't them. If $35 was enough to last a month then no need to spend more. So why not make us buy more data if you slow us down. In the beginning who heard of buying data. Who heard of the phone company slowing you down to a winding halt! It's enough to say "Nonsense. It's bullhorn. My fast speed internet at home and at the Hotel I work at should be enough!" Wi-Fi fortunately handled this sudden adjustment in data. That being said. $45 should be enough data. I don't need it at home and work, and that's all I do.

My sisters had gotten me to get a phone and a cell phone plan through Boost mobile back in 2012 but it was closer to 2013 when I got with the company for my cell phone. I originally thought it was great. A smart touch screen phone with a pay as you go phone plan. And for a little while it was great. I got a nice zte phone for a good price and only paid $50.00 a month with the shrinkage program. I had phone service and if I couldn't pay my bill it was shut off until I could pay it again and I wasn't charged for something I couldn't use and it didn't keep charging me and then end up on my credit when I couldn't pay it.

I didn't need any more help with that I already had bad credit because when I turned 18 I piled on the debt without even knowing what it was and what the consequences were from having bad credit. No one explained that to me. So I harmed myself before I could know. But anyway, I needed to have a phone In case anyone needed to get a hold of me from work or if my kids needed to call and talk to me or in case of emergencies. And like I said it was great until I dropped my zte smart phone and the phone cracked and the crack spider webbed the entire phone screen. It worked for a little while after I dropped it. But one day the sound just quit working and it wouldn't ring or anything that needed speakers for. So I needed a new phone. That was OK right? Wrong......

Since 2-21-2013 until 01-12-2016 in those years of having a cell phone and a plan through Boost I have had about 4-5 different phones through Boost. They either quit working or I would not get phone calls or texts from people that I needed to get phone calls or texts from. And I had a active and paid phone plan. So there was no reason I shouldn't be getting phone calls or texts from anyone let alone the important ones. And the phones that I got from Boost were not cheap phones. I guess I thought if I spent a good amount of money on a phone that it should be a good phone and last a while. Nope I was wrong.

I would get the phone be happy with it for a little while and something would happen to the phone. Either it didn't ring, or it would turn itself off or reboot to not turning on at all to my phone not getting text messages from my managers or my husband at all. To the point where I had enough. I had spent a whole lot of money each time for a new phone and I was paying between 50-60 dollars a month for unlimited everything. Just to have problems with their phones and their service.

I live in the country between two major towns and my service would drop out and come back in. So my service was very spotty anyway on top of the problems that I had with my phones. So in January of 2016 I decided to get another phone with another company. And I have not looked back since and I don't think I ever will again. I will not refer Boost mobile to anyone even if they weren't looking for a new phone or new phone company because of all the problems that I had with my phones and with Boost.

Everytime the new phone that I had gotten started to "not work properly" I would call Boost and talk to them to see you what I could do and what my other options were whether it was to get a new phone or to inquire about the warranty that I had and or the phone insurance that I had and was currently paying for with my phone and with Boost. Not only did they treat me really badly and had an attitude but they would tell me that no matter what the problem was with my phone it was automatically my fault. It could of been that my phone laid on the bed next to me at night so I could hear the a LP alarm go off the next day. But because the phone laid with me on the bed it is my fault that the phone quit working. And they told me that the insurance and the warranty that I had from the location of the store that I got the phone from would cover it that they couldn't help me that I had to call the warranty department from the store.

And when I called them they would tell me that I had to go through Boost mobile and if they were to help me I would have to pay double the price I paid for the phone just to have it shipped to them to either fix or replace the phone and ship it back to me. And then I would be completely without a phone. And I couldn't do that, not with my job demanding me have some kind of way to get a hold of me not to mention my kids were with their father and my middle son has autism so I had to be reached in case of an emergency...

I have been with Boost for 7-9 yrs. The unlimited data is a lie! The shrinkage program is a lie. Cannot get a hold of a human on the phone! I am finally done with this 3rd world cell phone carrier. Signed up for shrinkage deal 8 yrs ago my bill went down to $30. Now my bill is back up to $40 and $30 on another phone both started on same day. I have been overcharged for more than a year on one phone. The supervisor states their system only shows payments back 6 months. Isn't that convenient. So now I need to send Boost bank statements. I have been wanting to change for years. Hundreds of dropped calls, no signal in my home and on the road. The unlimited data is a bad joke. It's time for a class action lawsuit against this corrupt company. Boost mobile is ripping off Americans!!!

I went to Bay City to a Boost Mobile store to buy a phone. I was not told by either the website or the thief that sold me the phone that it is no longer a pay as one goes like Tracfone. The reception was terrible. I called the store and was told I could not return a $60 phone. They said the charge is $30 a month and that is it. I am on a fixed income and don't have that kind of money. I have the receipt. I am going to mail the phone back to the store. It also cost the person money for gas that drove me to the store. Back several years ago, I had a red rant boost mobile phone and it was pay as I go and that is why I bought that phone. I don't like thieves and liars. Don't deal with this company. They also don't speak English. They are greedy.

"Unlimited" internet... I'm currently slowed down to 1-4 bytes/second... It took 10 min to load this page... So tell me how this is unlimited when they limit my ability of using it at all when it drops and turn off every other second. Customer service? No, it's not. They don't help out one bit and they're just people from Zimbabwe being paid 2$/hour and using google translate to help them figure out what to say. Apparently my living room is located in some other country too. I haven't gotten 4G once in all my time here, and I'm within their 4G zone. Don't bother with these corrupt people. They're just full of lies and will make your life worse.

I have been a Boost Mobile customer for over 7 years. Today that will change. First off my bill is normally based off a monthly plan. After it being switched to a weekly plan, I went and paid my bill as normal and told the vendor I needed to be switched to my monthly plan... That did not happen. My service was interrupted. When I called Boost he told me it was cost to extend my bill. I told the man and the manager after paying my bill I would not be paying any additional fees or bills... My service should have been valid through the 18. They added money to the account but still did not change it back to a monthly plan.

So once again today (Nov. 8) I received another message saying my service was interrupted and once again they give me hell to fix the issue... They did not fix it, they were very rude, the woman I was speaking with would growl every time. I started to speak. I will not deal with this anymore. It's always something with this company anymore... They do not value their customers and they sure don't care about overcharging you, seems as if they actually prefer it. And they are not that great at recognizing their issues and making it right. People that are looking for a reliable and respectable phone service this would not be for you.

I have been a customer of Boost Mobile for about 7-9 years now. I have three phones through Boost Mobile. Always been satisfied with my services, until today. To begin with two out of my three phone have not been sending or receiving phone calls. One of the phones has been doing it for the past 4 days. The other has been doing it on and off since yesterday. My husband called customer care today after he did all the troubleshooting. The customer care rep informed my husband of an outage and credited his account ten dollars. Shortly after that I call Boost, inform them what is going on, go through all the information with the rep. So they tell me they will send me to tech support, instead they transfer me to LG. So now I am confused. Why would they send me to LG after I specifically asked for tech support from the beginning? And why would I need to speak to LG since now two out of three of my phones are not sending or receiving calls.

So again I had to go through the automated call for the 3rd time now. Still with no satisfaction or help. Again I finally get a person after choosing what feels like fifty different numbers. This person listens to the problem and has myself and husband troubleshoot by doing several different troubleshooting strategies. Which we had already told them we had already performed prior. Again with no solutions. So again they transfer us to tech support and then MIRACULOUSLY have to go through the automated call AGAIN! Once I finally get through the choose a number game again and get a person for the 3rd, or 4th,or could be 5th time. The person tells me there has been an outage in my area on 11/2-11/4 but not today? How is that possible? Again two out of three of my Boost Mobile phones are not receiving or sending calls! And again earlier my husband called and they told him there is an outage in our area TODAY!

Then the rep informs me she will write up a ticket for the engineer. I have spoke with several different customer reps today and got different answers from all of them. Still cannot receive or send calls at the end of all the hours I spent on the phone to Boost reps and troubleshooting techniques today. So now I have lost four days of service on one of my phones and two days' worth of service for the other. As I said to begin with have been a customer for years and never have I been so frustrated with the customer services provided during times when help is needed. I suggest more time put into training in customer care reps... So frustrated.

Been an 8 year customer of Boost. Through the years I have been constantly ripped off, have paid more than I was required because I'm never alerted when changes are made. Successfully completed a Shrinkage Program... paid money on time... not knowing they were reducing my data as my bill reduces. I got down to 35 and couldn't get it because they said I BOUGHT a BOOST smart phone... so I can only go to 40! So then I had a 40 dollar bill and discover my data was knocked down to 2Gb!

So I was forced to go back to paying 45 to receive 3gb. They started toying with my data. Then I started paying 50 for 5 gb. Their internet is trash. So they told me to give them 60 dollars for unlimited data! I've been paying this for 4 months and they NEVER TOLD ME THAT UNLIMITED UNHOOKED IS NOW 50. So they been charging me 60 dollars PLUS their 2 week grace period plan is a SCAM. I am a BOOST MOBILE PREMIUM MEMBER and there is NO WAY I should be paying 60 dollars and not be alerted of changes! They have been stealing money from me for very long time. Boost Mobile is a complete rip off. I been with them for a long time and I am a big witness to their scams.

I been with Boost for over two years, not going make this long but get right to the point. Boost do not care about their loyal customers and their coverage not good at all. We just had a storm here about three weeks ago and me and my wife are Boost customers. Since the storm we have not had service and don't try call customer service they train them to lie. It hard enough trying to understand them as it is, they always think it's your phone. At this point I am going to Verizon. Yes it may cost more but I won't have go through weak coverage, slow internet, bad customer service and someone that cares about their customers. Since Paul has gone to Sprint which owns Boost I can't hear him anymore he'll, since I had Boost I can't hear anyone because I don't have any service in which I have already pay for ahead. Guess it my loss but don't fall for Boost mobile.

Roughly a year ago I was told in a text that for being a loyal customer can get a loyalty program that if I don't or can't make a payment on my date I pay that I can get free 15 days so I don't have service turned off. Have been with boost for 8 years. I realized after 3 months started getting emails and text saying your services will be going off due to non payment and I just made a payment a week to OR a week and a half before I got the text or email.

I called numerous I should not have my service off yet and just made a recent payment - I told them I got emails showing I made payment. The boost customer service and managers said you have used up your 15 day grace period. I explained no I made a full payment for my full month. They argued Andi called the last 6 months told them take that loyalty program of many times and you never due.

I started looking at my service and realize that you are paying a bill and a half every other month with that program. I just made payment 2 weeks ago to get my service on after service off was off and after I told them in the past take off the loyalty program. I got those emails saying service going off due to make my monthly payment, which did to weeks before email. Next thing I realized my phone was off 3 days later.

I called 4 times to get my service back on and verified the little program off acct. They said no. I argued with them, "That's why you say I need to pay and I shouldn't." Again they called me a lied about calling many times to get it off being told is off with the customers service persons every time. Now my service is still off and said they won't turn on due to I used my loyalty 15 day grace, I told them I am not to have it on my acct. They called me a lied and I said I wanted in on acct. I lied service calls and internet but customer service is very very bad.

I've been with Boost for a few years now because they are "affordable". They came out with a "shrinkage" plan that would allow you to drop your monthly service plan down to 35.00, but in return discontinued all of the phones that were on the 35.00 eligibility plan so the lowest available was 40.00. The coverage is the worse ever. If you are traveling you're lucky to keep service 30% of the time. In rural areas FORGET about it... you will have NO service at all. Recently we were hit with a hurricane where we lost power for days and my Boost service went MIA for days as well. Everyone in the house had service but me, the only Boost user.

The internet is unusable, it only works in rare places (IF at all). Boost phones are not transferable. When you buy a Boost phone, you can NOT take it to another carrier, it is for Boost networks ONLY. Boost has to be one of the worst service providers out there. I have been around many people who use all of the other "prepaid" companies and they have little to NO complaints about their service. PLEASE STAY AWAY from BOOST, I'd say, you get what you paid for, but this isn't true. There are other no contract companies that are the same cost as Boost and the service is SO MUCH BETTER. I've since left Boost and will NEVER use them again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.
  • Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.
  • Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.
  • Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.
  • Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company‚Äôs partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.
  • Best for Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Compare Prepaid Phones