1.31/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Boost Mobile

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Boost Mobile Reviews

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I had suffered a broken back and had to be out of work for over two years. I had ran low on money this month because of some medical bills. I have been with Boost for about 13 year's so I called and asked about getting a extension on paying my bill. They not only gave me a free month of service but they also reduced my monthly payment by 10 dollars and gave me more Data. I really appreciate that they appreciated that I had been such a good customer for years. I have always been satisfied by their service and how good my phone performs. If you need a great phone at a great price give them your business, you won't regret it. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am so appalled that there are so many bad reviews for this company. I LOVE how cheap my family plan is for my husband and me. Unlimited 4G data on both lines with 12 GB of recurring hotspot for $80!!! (We got the extra GB randomly one year when Boost sent us a message thanking us for being loyal customers!! I think we had 5 before?) It’s by far the cheapest data plan and I have had no problem with service. Anytime I’ve ever needed to speak to customer service - the people were always professional and tended to my needs. I do love the BoostUP program and was able to get the new iPhone 11!! ☺️ I refuse to switch to any other service provider. I am strong on my word when I say Boost Mobile is amazing!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

As soon as I entered the shop, I was welcomed with a smile and how can they help me? That was fantastic. I explained to them my reason and in no time say 5-10 minutes my issue was resolved. Again, I happen to call customer service line for assistance, and how they received my call, introduced their shop and said, "Please how can we assist you," was great. My data was addressed.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My Customer Service Rep was Jacob! He was calm, polite and very informative in assisting me to understanding the payment process concerning my family Plan: when it comes to payment you must make payment to the primary account in which this was my first time using the automated systems. I usually go The Boost Mobile Store and make payments on both accounts with that said Jacob was Awesome in Assistance and Policy Understanding! JACOB in the field office ROCKS!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I recently was locked out of my phone for 2 days. I tried both days for a total of 8 hours in all to get the phone opened to start from scratch and put everything I remember back into the phone. I called Samsung, my phone is made by, who could not help me. I called my phone carrier and they could not help me. Both tried, as I said for the 8 hours in the two days service was lost. Then I decided to get another phone. I went to the Boost Mobile store in Saint Charles, Md mall and Miss ** took my phone, asked a few questions about passwords and my phone came alive. I was the happiest person on earth that I didn't have to buy a phone and try to put everything back in. Miss ** knows her phones. I was so happy I offered her a tip which she refused without hesitation. Boost Mobile is my store from now on but only in St. Charles, Md. Thank you Miss **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

When you sign up, paying full price for the phones on a pre-paid service the salesperson tells you that Boost covers ALL of the USA. That proved to be a total lie. Then after 8 months of utter frustration, hoping that things will improve, but does not and you decide to move to a better service provider they refuse to unlock the phones that you paid full price for. Devious company.

Take note... they don’t put your account number on any bills or emails. You also cannot get the account number from a store. You have to phone the helpline where they immediately know that you want to leave boost because the new provider needs the account number in order to take over the phones. It just shows that they are fully aware of the sad product and service they offer. So they try and make it as difficult as possible to leave hoping you will succumb to their outlandish BS and remain with them for the balance of the “year” that you had no idea existed when you signed up. Maybe it’s in the small print somewhere. But seriously!!!! If I could not provide a decent service I would apologize and try to keep the customer happy. But not boost. They just want to steal your money. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I experience was trouble. Talk with a supervisor at Boost Mobile technical support name Josh. After trying to switch from one iPhone to a more update iPhone which they said was not compatible. They did answer my question but tried to transfer me to another department. Where I had to keep calling back to talk to someone different that tell me different information. Just to be transfer again and again, just getting the runaround.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Please, someone help me. My name is Blake **, cell# **. I purchased, 14OCT2019, a previously owned phone from Boost Mobile's online store. The website did not have any information about requiring an account with boost mobile to use the phone with a different carrier. I've called boost mobile multiple times and spoken with various customer service agents and supervisors since 18OCT2019. I have been hung up on and referred to automated telephone numbers that require an active boost mobile telephone number to proceed. The automated service keeps hanging up on me without an account. I still have not received an RMA or shipping address to return the phone. Now a supervisor named Alex tells me the return policy is past the 7 day mark and I'm unable to return the phone. He claims they can't pull up records of my previous calls because I'm not a boost mobile customer. He just hung up on me again! The call record this time was 30829.

I just want to return the phone. This has been on going for more than 40 days. Please someone call me, contact me with guidance or help to navigate this process. The representatives and supervisors are awful and stone wall at every turn. One page for Boost Mobile's website states the phone is unlocked. This phone is not unlocked and no one will help me return the phone. I believe this company to be a scam. PLEASE BE CAREFUL DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Been with them 6 months using a galaxy s9. Let's just start with the roaming data, which is horrendous. I cannot begin to get you, the reader, to understand the anger I have had with the data using there 50 dollar unlimited plan. I do ubereats on the side and since using this I basically just don't anymore. It will stop loading direction after driving anywhere between 3-20 miles for a delivery so I'm just driving around praying that I didn't come all this way for naught.

On more than one occasion I have called the support, which are all Indian and we can't understand one another. About several issues but one for instance was my data was just shut off because they had a tower down for the weekend so my data too was going to be down for the weekend. They offered me a measly 15 dollar credit because that was apparently the best they could do annnnd guess what...they never applied it. That wasn't the first time I've been given a credit by them and just didn't get it.

The 40% of areas I'm in do work and have data for several months until they just don't anymore. The few areas I could still do ubereats in, just became dead zones for miles on miles making that 40% drop down to 20%. PLEASE NOTE that I am not being hyperbolic with my gripes or numbers, this is literally what I'm working with in Tampa, FL. Calls are bad as well, just making this a pointless product to own. This product is so bad that I am convinced a lawsuit could be opened for accepting money on a product that is fundamentally broken.

I almost forgot. Before I convinced myself the issue was not having the unlimited plan I was using their 35$ limited data plan. I use youtube premium and will download several videos and have them play while I sleep. Even though they're downloaded I would awaken to a message saying I have used all my data. So the next month I would do the same thing but this time I turned off data usage.

Let's be clear the phone had a constant offline icon and I could not use any service that required me to use wifi alongside it. Still to awaken to the message I had used all my data for the month. Of course I wasn't reimbursed and I'm left scratching my head on how they measure data usage. But let's be honest everything about this service is fundamentally wrong so I'm not even going to start in with speculations. PS I am think of a ton more issues and the absolute failure that it ended in by them, but this is already gotten so long and I'm sure you the reader gets the point by now.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Moved from the USA to Belfast N. Ireland where Boost Mobile provides no mobile service. Contacted customer service to unlock my cell phones so I could use them via another provider in the UK. CS would not unlock the phone until 12 months from activating them and I had the cell phones for 11 months and 21 days (9 days short of 12 months). I explained I needed my phone unlocked/activate by a UK provider due to medical reasons. I am in kidney failure and need to communicate with doctors, medical centers and my wife in the event of an emergency.

Customer Service would not unlock the cell phones even after escalating to the supervisor, two managers and a third level top person at the customer service center. No exception to their policy. Their system would not allow it. This was after three years of doing business with them. Ridiculous!! Poor customer service with no ability to make decisions in the best interest of a good customer. To me this is also a large part of why Boost Mobile has such low ratings. Would recommend avoiding this company.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs