Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Boost Mobile Reviews

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The only bad thing that ever happened to me was a surprise activation fee when I decided to upgrade to a newer phone in store (Moto to LG G6). But the woman in store told us before charging it. Otherwise the service was mostly good; although at some points, it'd say I have 4G in an area, but nothing would load. It wasn't constant enough for me to be upset that much. Things I love about Boost: the taxes are already factored into the plan. I get an even amount taken from my account every month, so I know what to expect. I also love that I can get pretty good coverage in Mexico for only $5 extra. It's a total deal.

Recently, I'm thinking of switching services only because I don't get coverage in Canada, which come on?? You can have coverage in Mexico but not Canada? I travel to both places for a fair amount of time, and I just need something that can work in both places so my family doesn't worry about me too much when I go traveling.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I had suffered a broken back and had to be out of work for over two years. I had ran low on money this month because of some medical bills. I have been with Boost for about 13 year's so I called and asked about getting a extension on paying my bill. They not only gave me a free month of service but they also reduced my monthly payment by 10 dollars and gave me more Data. I really appreciate that they appreciated that I had been such a good customer for years. I have always been satisfied by their service and how good my phone performs. If you need a great phone at a great price give them your business, you won't regret it. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am so appalled that there are so many bad reviews for this company. I LOVE how cheap my family plan is for my husband and me. Unlimited 4G data on both lines with 12 GB of recurring hotspot for $80!!! (We got the extra GB randomly one year when Boost sent us a message thanking us for being loyal customers!! I think we had 5 before?) It’s by far the cheapest data plan and I have had no problem with service. Anytime I’ve ever needed to speak to customer service - the people were always professional and tended to my needs. I do love the BoostUP program and was able to get the new iPhone 11!! ☺️ I refuse to switch to any other service provider. I am strong on my word when I say Boost Mobile is amazing!

Original review: July 26, 2019

My Customer Service Rep was Jacob! He was calm, polite and very informative in assisting me to understanding the payment process concerning my family Plan: when it comes to payment you must make payment to the primary account in which this was my first time using the automated systems. I usually go The Boost Mobile Store and make payments on both accounts with that said Jacob was Awesome in Assistance and Policy Understanding! JACOB in the field office ROCKS!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I recently was locked out of my phone for 2 days. I tried both days for a total of 8 hours in all to get the phone opened to start from scratch and put everything I remember back into the phone. I called Samsung, my phone is made by, who could not help me. I called my phone carrier and they could not help me. Both tried, as I said for the 8 hours in the two days service was lost. Then I decided to get another phone. I went to the Boost Mobile store in Saint Charles, Md mall and Miss ** took my phone, asked a few questions about passwords and my phone came alive. I was the happiest person on earth that I didn't have to buy a phone and try to put everything back in. Miss ** knows her phones. I was so happy I offered her a tip which she refused without hesitation. Boost Mobile is my store from now on but only in St. Charles, Md. Thank you Miss **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I was a customer for a few years before I had to switch to different service. I moved to an area where Verizon was the one that had cell towers. My Boost Mobile device failed to work in the area I live in. Unfortunately, several months ago I had to get a new device because the other one was broken. Boost Mobile will not unlock SIM card because "I didn't have the device long enough".

I have been a loyal customer in the past and very surprised by this policy. A few other things...surprise activation fees for switching a phone number with same company to a new phone. I was told invalid information about the insurance policy and was screwed over into purchasing a new phone that I am unable to unlock the sim card. The last thing is...the last person in a retail store that helped me had given his coworker my phone number to ask me out on a date- very unprofessional and breach of privacy. Not amused of the treatment I have received for the last year.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Switched to Boost for the free Galaxy A-20. Terrible mistake. Truly the worse service I have ever encountered; dropped calls, terrible coverage and calls constantly breaking up. I am obliged to stay with them for 3 months or I have to pay for the phone. After that I am gone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I was on the family plan with Boost when I lost my phone in October and the customer service rep deleted me off of my family plan when I reported it lost for some unknown reason and set my new phone up on a new family plan by myself and I had no idea this had been done. I never authorized this and I believed all this time that there was only one family plan. I pay the family plan when it's due and then I would get charged again or my phone wouldn't work so my husband would get the notice to pay the other plan. Meanwhile we were very confused and neither of us realizing there was the second plan.

I tried calling Boost when we noticed the second charge. They blew me off saying everything looked fine to them. I then instant messaged them to go thru the payments and they couldn't explain the extra charges so blew me off again. I went to the store tonight and finally the Boost rep figured it out and tried explaining this to the Boost support line. They blew her off too. At least she had the smarts to put my phone back on the correct family plan. I have called them one more time tonight and the rep tried to blame ME for the error because I should have called sooner (even though I had) and since I didn't know I had the second family plan, I have been charged almost $400 and they refused to refund my money even though their rep made the error. They consistently said that it was their error initially but would not refund my money. Downright unethical. Don't go thru this service.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

So here is my story. I been with Boost forever! And I have a second line for my daughter. For some reason they have my daughter as primary. Needless to say it's been a nightmare trying to get this issue resolved. I called on Thursday 1-10-2020 was on the phone forever trying to resolve this. The lady I spoke to told me that it would take 72 hours to make me the primary after all I am the one that pays this bill. So then I call today and get a total different story that they cant change me to primary because my daughter had a boost up contract that I just paid off on Thursday with the lady I spoke to. So basically they lied to me. They obviously don't take note and keep them on record for the next time you call in or for the other rep that takes the call. Looks like Boost mobile will tell you lies and does not keep their word.. Look like I am looking for different service today!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Have been with them 16 yrs. First problem I have had d but this the worst customer service I have ever seen. Cant put into words how bad it is. My phone # was hacked and it is 5 days later and they cant fig it out. Have called them multiple times with case # and they have to start all over again.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team