1.96/5
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

825 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I ordered a pre-owned "certified" device from Boost Mobile. I went into the store, and I was told I needed to order online. I then proceeded to order the device online for my daughter's graduation present. It comes in the mail, and the back camera doesn't work properly. I again tried to take it to the store, and I was told that I had to call. I called the Boost number. There is no option to speak directly to a customer service agent. I had to go through several menus before I was transferred to an actual person. The person then transferred me to a claims company which was the wrong department.

I called back to again have to go through several menus. I am then told to call Apple to get them to fix it. I proceed to tell the customer service agent that I am going to return the phone and want a refund. I am then told that there is only a 7 day warranty. The website states a year. I have to again be transferred to a different department. I am then given the address and told that after the phone is checked out; it will be seven to fourteen days before I am able to get a refund. At no time was I offered to return the phone and to be sent one that works. She did offer to transfer me to a service recovery agent. I was put on hold and the person never came on the line.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Boost makes it very easy to pay your bill online and the calls never drop. I love the unlimited everything, data and calls, great. I also love the ease of using my cell phone, taking pictures and texting. It is a great plan for me and the price is right.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I feel your pain with the Network unavailable issue... The identical thing is happening to me. The difference is, after 4 days, all day, after being transferred to non-existent extensions, lie after lie compounded with more lies, that "MY ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED" crap, my last and final call while utilizing and expending my entire 50 minute roaming allocation per month to BOOST, I made myself so clear, my ears are ringing. I am a cancer patient who is currently undergoing the most aggressive chemotherapy there is, to date. I have been hospitalized -3- times for emergent services due to life critical effects. I live alone. I have to maintain an ongoing, constant and frequent line of communication with my Oncology team. I cannot do so once my 50 minute roaming freebie is gone. It was gone last month for two weeks.

I am reporting them to all regulatory agencies, as well as put it on record that in the event I have an emergency and need to speak with my doctors or vice verse, and am unable to do so absent any connectivity, AND, in the event I should suffer a premature demise due to connectivity issues, there will not be a Boost Mobile nor Sprint Corporation for long. My family will own them. I am also filing Grand Theft charges against them for illegally withdrawing 3 months of payments for $45 without any such permission, express or otherwise, AFTER already auto paying on the 13th for my monthly service, WHEN I HAVE NONE! I need this to remain out there, until they opt to delete it (which they will). If my attorney will consider adding you as an additional complainant, please let me know if this is something you would desire to pursue. Thanks... Good luck!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I purchased an iPhone via Boost Mobile's website approximately 3 months ago. Absolutely NO service in my area! Called and spoke with a Boost Mobile rep who verified that the service was almost non-existent in my area. I asked if they could unlock the phone since I purchased it and can't get service. The rep stated that it is Boost Mobile's policy that you have to have the phone for a year. I paid cash and can't use their service, so the phone is practically useless. Boost Mobile acknowledged that they have poor service in my area, yet refuse to unlock a phone that I paid for. Ridiculous!!! Will never use Sprint or Boost Mobile again. Horrible, horrible service and extremely poor customer service!!!! Stay away from BOOST MOBILE!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been a Boost customer since August of 2017, my bills are paid on time with the exception of yesterday, I received the text to pay the bill as I usually do via my phone but was very busy and forgot, I woke up this morning with no service, 1 day late my service was disconnected and without a warning text, but Boost don't hesitate to send a text when they are trying to promote their other products, that was horrible customer service and quite frankly unacceptable!!! I am seriously considering changing carriers!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was slightly satisfied with their data plans, but my purpose in being there was to buy a phone from them along with the plan. The phone was okay, usable for calls, everything you might want to do with a phone. Except downloading media. Their *redacted* apps caused clutter, as well as taking up nearly 4 out of 8 gigabytes of space on the phone, the system and other important stuff taking up the rest. When I told them about the crappy space in the phone, they acted as if the phones system was taking up all the space and not their crap. They wanted me to upgrade to a new phone which I would assume to have about 4 gigs of available space like the other phone was supposed to. If you wish to buy from this company do NOT buy a phone from them, I didn't even get around to using their service to the lag of no space.

Original review: June 13, 2018

They have great customer and tech support. Always had great service with them and always helped with any issues. Prices for phones are reasonable. Great product.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Great phones and awesome prices and no contract and you can cancel your service anytime. I recommend this services to my family and friends.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love Boost! I've been using them for a little over a year & have a great data plan that keeps growing without extra fees. They even pay my tax every month! So for $30 I get unlimited talk & text & 2.5 B of Data every month! They are perfect for me & they also sell phones if you don't already have one & I got to keep my old number!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have been with this provider for 11 years. I have shrink program. Over the years I have brought my cost down to where I am satisfied. I have a 15 day grace period. I haven't been late, but it's to know, just in case. I don't have a 2 yr contract. I have a direct number, as well as the web. The customer service is great! I have no hidden fees. No minute plan. I get a reduction for finder fee. I have encountered many phone companies, I have been raked over the coals, phone disconnected, when it was their fault. I had to listen to some voice command agent, that sucked. I great phone deals. I wouldn't drop them over a quick deal. And best yet. I live a few blocks from Boost Mobile. This agent is well educated in her field.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I'm not very happy with Boost Mobile. They slow down my data on the 11th day of every month. I'm buying a new phone and switching as soon as I can.

Resolution response: June 12, 2018

Money refunded. Unsatisfied with customer service or my phone service. Will change my phone service.

Original review: June 6, 2018

After complaints about slow data speed, I was led to believe my phone was the problem. I ordered a new phone but canceled the same day. There was nothing wrong with my phone. I got a reference number for my canceled phone. I had to call the next three days in a row to cancel because of notifications from FedEx that my phone was on its way. The delivery was stopped on the delivery day and returned to Boost. Still waiting on my refund. Customer service took advantage of my poor phone service to get me to buy a phone or upgrade my service. A similar situation is happening to a friend who also has Boost. We're both in our 60s.

Original review: June 6, 2018

This is a prepaid service that works with the Sprint network and you buy the phones upfront. It is very reasonable for the different plans and there are no other fees.

Original review: June 5, 2018

AT&T is Citibank. Total criminals. Verizon is much the same and always seem to find ways to upcharge. Boost may not be best reception, but it's consistent and cheap, with no contract, or up-charges. T-Mobile is not too bad, overall.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Reception is the biggest problem. We, and most of our neighbors, have reception problems due to our location. This has been an ongoing problem ever since cell phones were made. No one has ever, or will ever, do anything about it.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Our complaint about this Boost Mobile plan is customer service. We cannot talk to a person to get an issue resolved. It just shuffles you from recording to recording.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I love it. I’ve been with Boost over 15 years and I previously was with Sprint which is a subsidiary of Boost. Boost didn't require you to sign a contract so, that is what I wanted to be free without any pressure to be stuck in a contact. Plus they had better service and I was not committed to a contract.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I've had Boost Mobile for years and I'm very happy with them, if I have a problem they fix it right away. The price is right too. I would not change for any reason...

Original review: May 31, 2018

For the price you pay, Boost Mobile is worth it. I just started a new plan and pay an extra 7 a month for 18 months for a LG X. And 50 a month for unlimited.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Had nothing but problems from day one. Customer service was the worst. Data was slow and speed is to almost nothing. Reception the worst ever. Finishing my month up and I'm done. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I am making a formal complaint and thinking about changing my service to T-Mobile. I cannot make any calls on my phone. Boost has failed to troubleshoot my phone. I have called at least 10 times today and your phone reps are lazy, unprofessional and not helpful not only have they wasted my time by asking me the same questions over and over instead of looking at my account and notes that previous reps entered. I am so fed up and disgusted with the customer service I have received and I will never recommend Boost to anyone. I will also forward my complaint in writing to the headquarters.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Cannot beat the value of this carrier Boost Mobile. The price, and amount of data is absolutely amazing and for $30 dollars a month.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Service is inexpensive, but their service has gone downhill. Dropped calls, slow Internet and as of late I've been having issues with my phone saying I have no service and/or no sim card. I usually restart it or take the SIM card out and put it back in. I'm considering going to Verizon's prepaid plan very soon.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I am very happy with my Boost Mobile service. The price is good. I get unlimited phone, data and text. They offer me a good connection, no dropped calls, system works 99% of the time.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Boost costs much less than other plans with no contract required. They also have excellent phones available at reduced prices. Coverage is limited in some rural ares.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I called for 3 Day because my service was so bad. They nothing to help at all but say this issue should be resolve soon. No never happened. Waste of money and time. Cheap service, cheap customer service, cheap phones that break quickly.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought a pre-owned Galaxy S6 and within 3 days of receiving it I called Boost because the phone wasn't working right. They talked me into reactivating it and said it would be fine. 3 days later I called to get my money back, and after 3 1/2 hours of being transferred back and forth they said I would get my money back. Still waiting on my money. DON'T USE BOOST MOBILE, YOU WILL GET SCREWED.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I have been on the phone more than two days and they still cannot fix my issue and I keep getting the runaround. I am looking to get a refund or a credit on the insurance premium I have paid for that doesn't not work because the one time I did try to make a claim they failed to send me a working phone and now they wouldn't give me the money I have paid of the last few years for insurance. The insurance is a total scam along with Boost Mobile customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered a ZTE phone a couple weeks ago and since I got it, the phone had shoddy activation. My old phone would receive text messages, my texts and photos would not be sent, calls wouldn't come in or be dropped, communication was low and poor. I called several times since I got the phone and most of the customer service I got was no help at all... some gave me ridiculous responses which made no sense and had me questioning their knowledge in the help they claim to offer. I called Boost several times to fix the issue and all they do is reconfigure the phone and it didn't help... all 4 times they did it. No help at all... phone just did the same thing.

Then last night, when I plugged in to charge, I saw my phone started overheating to where there was a notification on my phone. I am afraid to even plug my phone in before it blows up. I just sent two text messages and the phone got way too warm. I am not comfortable using it all or even charging it, especially overnight. What if it catches on fire? So right now my battery has died and I am afraid to plug it in.

Obviously I had enough. I just wanted a refund so I can just get myself another phone and move away from the ZTE phone I had but they refused to offer me any help. They gave me such a hard time even though I had issues with them since the day I activated the phone. They refused to honor the warranty and kept trying to switch me to the warranty dept to shake me off of them as they saw how annoyed I became and the warranty dept kept trying to tell me they can't help so it was just a back and forth.

Original review: May 10, 2018

The money you put out to pay for a phone and the trouble you have with them is uncalled for. Overheating on me all the time but yet when I take it in to Boost Mobile they either want to charge you or tell you you need a new phone... Really!!

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs