1.40/5

979 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 3, 2019

I recently was locked out of my phone for 2 days. I tried both days for a total of 8 hours in all to get the phone opened to start from scratch and put everything I remember back into the phone. I called Samsung, my phone is made by, who could not help me. I called my phone carrier and they could not help me. Both tried, as I said for the 8 hours in the two days service was lost. Then I decided to get another phone. I went to the Boost Mobile store in Saint Charles, Md mall and Miss ** took my phone, asked a few questions about passwords and my phone came alive. I was the happiest person on earth that I didn't have to buy a phone and try to put everything back in. Miss ** knows her phones. I was so happy I offered her a tip which she refused without hesitation. Boost Mobile is my store from now on but only in St. Charles, Md. Thank you Miss **.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I can’t believe that Boost doesn’t have a universal 5 star rating. They are the lowest cost cell/data I’ve found anywhere and the plans are totally flexible. I was able to suspend for two months when I was out of the country, it took maybe 5 minutes on the phone to set that up. Good luck doing that with AT&T. I have had perfect service in Florida, Washington DC, rural Pennsylvania, Buffalo/Syracuse NY, and Chicago. My plan is the $35 re-boost with growing data. With autopay you get $5 a month off as well as a growing data amount that goes up to 5GB with no extra cost. It’s been great and I’ll stay with Boost until I’m dead and decomposing I go soft, fertile earth.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love Boost! I've been using them for a little over a year & have a great data plan that keeps growing without extra fees. They even pay my tax every month! So for $30 I get unlimited talk & text & 2.5 B of Data every month! They are perfect for me & they also sell phones if you don't already have one & I got to keep my old number!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have been with this provider for 11 years. I have shrink program. Over the years I have brought my cost down to where I am satisfied. I have a 15 day grace period. I haven't been late, but it's to know, just in case. I don't have a 2 yr contract. I have a direct number, as well as the web. The customer service is great! I have no hidden fees. No minute plan. I get a reduction for finder fee. I have encountered many phone companies, I have been raked over the coals, phone disconnected, when it was their fault. I had to listen to some voice command agent, that sucked. I great phone deals. I wouldn't drop them over a quick deal. And best yet. I live a few blocks from Boost Mobile. This agent is well educated in her field.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I love it. I’ve been with Boost over 15 years and I previously was with Sprint which is a subsidiary of Boost. Boost didn't require you to sign a contract so, that is what I wanted to be free without any pressure to be stuck in a contact. Plus they had better service and I was not committed to a contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: May 21, 2019

Never file claim online. The process will lead you to a denied claim. If your claim is physical damage always state that first. The protection your policy covers will only be accepted if they can't push you off to the phone maker. Which their fees for physical damage is cheaper than this bogus insurance anyway.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Boost Mobile allowed someone to use my credit card information and when I tried to get the representative to give me the person's information he would not give it out, because he said it wasn't connected to the phone. That doesn't make sense, if a person uses a debit or credit card to purchase a phone there should be a record of the transaction. I just wanted to provide the information to the police so I can pursue charges or find out if Boost Mobile will.

I had already disputed it with my bank and they informed me that insurance pays. That's not okay for me. Cost of insurance comes back to the consumers. Boost should take responsibility and keep track of charges so legal action can be taken against someone who uses their company to steal from others. I don't think Boost Mobile cares, well, that is exactly what the representative told me when I spoke with him today. He blamed me for allowing my identity to be stolen instead of accepting responsibility for providing a forum for thieves to steal from consumers.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I have a plan for 2 phones with 10gb data per phone. There has been many times that my internet was reduced a few days after the beginning of a new cycle. I don't watch movies, no games played, and an occasional YouTube short video which is rare. These internet providers are a huge scam that needs to be regulated.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased a new phone from Boost Mobile. The services stay dropping yet along they turn my phone off after I even change my due date. I call in and talk to an agent and they basically told me they can care less about my child life. They on only want their money and can't change my due date until I pay them. So basically they said if my child have a emergency and need to call someone until they get their money he can died all they care.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I switched to Boost Mobile about 4months ago from Cricket. Big mistake because my Cricket worked EVERYWHERE! I switched because of a sale offer on a phone. Needless to say the service is horrendous! Whenever I try to send a picture it takes 15 to 20 retries to be successful! Who has that kind of time to send ONE picture. Imagine trying to send multiple pictures. Last night I needed to send multiples so after many failed attempts I had to drive around close to a Boost store and it sent! I didn’t even know people still had dropped calls until I switched to them.

Since 3 months ago I’ve had 35 to 40 dropped calls. So aggravating! Without WiFi at home data is nonexistent! Everywhere else pages take forever to load. I wouldn’t give this phone to a kid. I pay 60/month for unlimited data and can’t use the data!!!! Went to Boost store. Employee didn’t turn on my phone after I paid her. Had to call customer service and wait on hold for it to be done. I am switching back as soon as this monthly service is up. I can’t take it anymore. When I want to use my phone I expect it to work without having to get in a car and drive close to the Boost store.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs