Boost Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have a Samsung J3 although I cracked the screen because the store didn't have any and I couldn't find one. So I went to a Boost store in La Puente, Ca on Sunset Ave & Francisquito Blvd. I was sold a phone for what was said to be $67.00 and came to $167.00 with a monthly charge of $60.00 what was $37.00 with the previous phone Samsung J3, which they said I could not purchase for whatever reasons they made up.

So I go home trying to start up this phone with their booklet to no avail. My Samsung was still working, yes they had me purchase new service. I used my Samsung till it turned off. My LG didn't work so I had to go back to the store. Mind you, I am a disabled veteran 100% with mobility issues, TBI and aphasia. So this is a challenge. When I arrived at the store I could already hear and sense their lies. I got nothing accomplished where now if something were to happen I have no way of letting anyone know that understands me. Sad thing is, corporate also knows this. Boost was decent some years back but now they are literally **.

Boost Mobile sells locked phones and will not allow you to unlock them for 1 year. How does this company get away selling locked phones with no contract involved. Also, you can not view your account number. I find this strange. I am paying for service that I can't view the number. I wanted to switch carriers due to Boost mobile has bad reception such as dropped calls, text messages not coming through. I was upset that I found out today my phone was locked. In which they did not tell me when I purchased my iPhone 7 and paid cash. So, I am stuck with only two choices. One pay for service I can't receive or switch carriers and purchase another phone. I should be able to take my phone to any carrier and not have to wait for the phone to be unlocked. If they are going to force customers to stay with them with a locked phone. They need to set up a contract to lock you in. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Do not go to Boost mobile. The service suck!!! I'm on an unlimited plan paying $50 monthly to still run out of high speed data. They say it's unlimited but once you reach 23g your service slows down tremendously!!! I would not recommend them if they were the last ** phone carrier on earth. Not to mention they tax you a little over $10 when you pay your bill. Called customer service. Made a complaint numerous of times. Even spoke with supervisor for all them to tell me they don't know what they want me to do. Don't even have the decency to credit your account. I've only been with them a 30 days. Today worst service ever. Please find a different carrier because Boost Mobile sucks!!!

First of all, I know location matters. I am in South Phoenix. I made the mistake of switching to Boost because they claimed a 2 line service, unlimited text and data (with auto-pay) for $75 a month. Cool. But not so much. I get reception only 45% of the time. My calls get disconnected. I can't make any calls from my house. They told me I would get my first month free then proceeded to charge me $82 before my first month was even up! Oh, and don't even TRY talking to a REAL person about all this... Apparently, they are so notorious for being unreachable (cell phone service RED FLAG) there are numerous CODES online to work your way through their maze of automated options. I cannot get away from these guys quick enough. BOOST SUCKS.

Have had my phone only a month and I don't get any more than 3 bars. Have called customer service over and over and over again and all they want me to do is dial #772786#. It doesn't work... Boost Mobile has the worst coverage I have ever seen with a prepaid phone and I would never recommend them to anyone. Also their customer service reps are rude and have no idea how to fix any type of problem. Please read this and recommend switching from Boost to a different carrier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

My wife and I were on a family plan and we decided to cancel my line (because we planned on not using it). Well we decided at the last minute to put the line back on the family plan (before it was completely canceled). Well we called to confirmed that my line would be placed back on the family account and the guy said it wasn't a problem. Then asked which plan we'd like and went over the plans and prices. He (the Boost customer service employee) told us about a plan that was $50 unlimited everything for two people, it sounded too good to be true so we asked again just to verify and he confirmed everything he said was true and all we needed was a $50 Reboost card to reactivate our service (once it was interrupted). We got off the phone and a notification came through a text. Saying all we needed was a $70 dollar boost card to activate our accounts.

So we called back, and a lady answered this time. So we brought it to her attention and she said "disregard that last message. Its only $50 dollars". We bought the $50 dollar card and long story short we didn't get our "family plan" and when we called back they told us to call back in 4 days then after the 4 days they said it was nothing they could do because the employee was in training. And even though they told us (my wife and I) that if the employee in fact said it then they will honor it and they verified that the employee did say it. But it was not honored.

I purchased iPhone with this suck company. As soon I charged the phone and gave it to my son the phone was burning hot. I called Boost Mobile on Amb Caffery Lafayette Louisiana and ask for a return. I was told no returns. Internet is crappy and goes out fast. If you are on internet you cannot make a call. Cannot even add top up. I advise anyone not to go with Boost.

Been loyal customer for 5 years. Right after paying $55 data get throttled every time. I'm just fed up. I am going to another carrier. I'm tired of paying for high speed 4G LTE that's really 3G. Stupid.

Advertise ZTE Warp 7 as a GMS phone which it is not! They will not unlock phones... Purchased new phone from retailer and no longer walked out of store and owner wanted a 10% restocking fee... Used phone for 12 days and determined that it was no good for my app development as boot-loader was not accessible.

Contacted Boost customer care and was told phone had to be active for 12 months before they would unlock. Old handset they also declined to unlock. Contact ZTE and was told unlocking is not supported and they would not give out unlock codes. Applied with Boost for buyback and was told "ZTE Warp 7 is not a buyback phone." Trying to sell on eBay for going rate of new phone. With extras I have no takers! Feel Boost should make it clear "ALL" phones they sell are "LOCKED". Like a cigarette warning!

Hands down the absolute worst data speeds I have ever seen. You want to watch a 5 min video on YouTube, prepare to buffer like it's 2003. 30-40 mins to load, roughly 40% of video in glorious 144p. If you elect to watch the video without waiting half an hour to an hour prepare to go back ten seconds every 3 seconds. My average speed is 2-3.2 Kbps. If you enjoyed web surfing back in the 90s text only webpages or if Sega CD full motion videos are your thing with lower image quality and speed Boost Mobile is the network for you.

I purchased a phone and October 2016 views International and abroad. When I left for the island of Bahamas I was informed before leaving that my phone would work for $5 additional when I go to the islands by the person selling me the cell phone. Upon arriving to the Bahamas my phone had no service. When I came back I called Boost customer service and they informed me that to unlock my device because I had already spent $200 on the phone which was no use to me but at least I thought I could sell the phone. They inform me that I must keep service for 12 months before unlocking the phone.

I once again contacted Boost Mobile again and again and again and every time it was the same thing, "You must be an active customer for 12 months." I explained to them over and over again that the girl that sold me the phone lied to me and told me that I can use my phone in the Bahamas not calling the Bahamas but using my phone in the Bahamas. They told me to contact customer relations to follow up and see if they would be able to help me but over and over and over again it is like a repeat of the same thing and then I went back to the store at 320 North Dysart in Goodyear Arizona 85338 and they told me if I gave them $50 they would unlock my phone. I was appalled.

I've been trying this company out for over seven years and probably been a active customer for a least ten with them. I've been buying phones periodically. I'll say a least ten or more phones and only one or two was through them so-called insurance which is a joke. I've went through their procedures twice. I waited a week. For sure my phone and it was the same problem I have with my other phone. So ever since then I'll purchase a new phone, I'll pay over 140 or more for phone and activation fee and so on and so on.

I've done this over seven times or more simply because they would not let me get a better phone through my insurance I pay every month for. It's like I didn't have any. So now I'm in that same problem again but I can't do another time. I've had enough of their bull. I need answers and my answer is I've have spent 2000 thousands or more. I say more. Damn. I should have been left too upset to continue. Oh by the way, I've have had about five phone numbers from this organize kiosk.

THIS IS A REVIEW OF A BOOST MOBILE STORE IN SAN ANTONIO, TX, CALLED TRIO WIRELESS, LOCATED ON 7122 SAN PEDRO AVE. This is a den of thieves. They charged me $50 more for a phone that other Boost stores would have; they did not apply a national special that should have been applied. Additionally, most Boost stores allow you to return the phone in 7 days. This store only gives you 3 days and they reduce it to 2 days because they count the day of purchase. And the worst, while other Boost stores apply a $25 re-stocking fee, this store charges a 25% re-stocking fee. If you want to get shafted, go to this store. If you don't, go somewhere else. I would NEVER go to this store again! They are just a bunch of thieves preying on customers that believe that Boost stores apply more or less the same policies. These guys are out to screw you.

Boost uses the Sprint network and is much cheaper than competitors. It has a good selection of phones including recent Samsungs and iPhones.

I have been a Boost Mobile customer for over 20 years. I experienced customer support organization and they support the customers wholeheartedly.

I've had this service for a number of years & find it low priced & relatively reliable. Boost Mobile uses the Sprint network. Sometimes there are areas of no service as would be the case with Sprint in extreme Northeast Ohio and Northwest Pennsylvania.

I went to Boost Mobile and switched my phone number and my daughter's. After filling out all the needed information (address check for service verification) everything was processed and good to go. I drove 40 minutes back home to see my new service was roaming? I called Boost Mobile service number and was told that they don't have towers in my area and they couldnt provide me service. I drove back to the store and was told there is a no refund policy for activation of phones (in fine print at the bottom of my receipt for payment not told to me until after I had a problem) and I couldn't get my phone numbers put back on my old phones.

I was told they would send a refund for $94 for the month service and the store refunded $50 for the phone but the $52.50 for activation was nonrefundable. I was also told that the $94 would be sent as a check even though I paid with a credit card and it would take up to 8 weeks. I had to go spend $135 to get new sim cards and month plans for old phones through StraightTalk.

I called customer service again and was told by the financial department to cancel the charge through my bank to get money back but when I called bank it had already been processed and I called customer service back and they said there was nothing they could do to refund the money. So I lost the $52.50 activation fees and had to buy all new sim cards and numbers through original phone provider that I switched from. I feel that since it was a computer error on their end they should refund the full amount of purchase and their no refund policy should be void because they should have not processed the transfer because of my location being out of their services area.

This is the worst company with the worst customer service and the representatives are rude and hang up on you. Not compassionate and don't care what you are going through and tell you anything to get you off the phone. I have been told lies. I have been given just bogus statements on issues that's going on and why they're happening. You hear recording said your due date never change and mine have changed by itself just by adding on an add-on for one month. They changed the site. You cannot see your payment history which is crazy but you won't have no record and they can tell you anything. They tell you that you were lying when you have proof that you're not and it's them. They will not accept the truth even though it's sitting right in their face.

They'll find some kind of excuse to tell you that they want to contact you back. They never do until you going to credit your account. But you investigated. Will call you back and you hear nothing from them and they only care about taking your money. They tell you that your call is being recorded. They don't ask you if it's to be called you so when you go and record their conversation then they have a problem. Why do I need to ask them can I record you? They don't ask us.

So I am going to blog about it. I'm going to try to all of the sites and I will continue post about their company's Behavior since I can't get a response but they want my money. My calls get dropped my voicemail just go away. I receive once a month and they tell me it's not an inconvenience and they tell me that nobody else is complaining about money. I care about my service and I'm looking for respond and respect me as a customer. I should be getting good service and satisfied with spending my money. And they turned my phone off on the 28th of March then debit my card on the 31st. Didn't offer me any compensation for server problems.

I bought a new phone from the local Boost Mobile store 2 days ago. After I got home I noticed a hairline fracture in the corner. It's literally almost impossible to see. I tried returning it to the store and they told me it wasn't their problem. I tried calling Boost support and they told me the same thing. The phone is in pristine condition and you can tell it wasn't dropped. I'm still pursuing this but I doubt anyone will help me resolve this. I am very disappointed in the way they chose to handle this and if it is not resolved I will be switching to another carrier.

I just recently discovered that my husband's Boost Mobile has been taking double payments out of our bank account for over a year! Getting past my lecture (ahem) to him of how he should have been checking statements on a consistent basis... We have tried to talk to Boost at their store here in Clearwater, FL. We have called, we have sent emails, and been to our bank, then called Boost again. We have gotten NOWHERE. We haven't given up yet. I read a lot of complaints on them. If someone can tell us how to go about this action suit that has been discussed we would appreciate it. This is terrible. And they won't give us their address. Help!

I've had Boost for 6 yrs now & never had a problem. Their customer service is awesome. Twice a yr they credit my account on half my monthly bill. They’re better than any other service out there.

This company is awful when it comes to coverage and customer service. There's always drop calls and messages/emails never arrive on time. And when you call customer service they put you on hold for a long time just to come back to tell you they're upgrading the towers. This happens at least 20-25 times a month... Boost Mobile is a horrible Company!

I recently switched to Boost Mobile and brought 2 numbers with me from MetroPCS. I paid for the unlimited high-speed internet! For both phones. Neither the Samsung J3 nor the J7, 2 brand new phone I had to purchase from them for 300 dollars, works. Worth a crap. Internet speeds are below most providers. Slow speed! And a Sprint technician is the one who told me to download Ookla Speedtest app to check it! Always well below 1 mbps! Always! Unless you are on the phone with them complaining! It's a ripoff company! I flat out asked one person from their call in line was they (Boost) just scamming everyone! I couldn't believe the answer I received! "YES," he said! At that point which if he was being recorded as they say! He was probably fired! And I decided to do everything in my power to stop this from happening to anyone anymore!

I am joining every class action lawsuit I possibly can! Against Boost, and Nextel, and Sprint! Also spreading the word as much as I can! I have also decided to take my losses and switch services at the end of this month! Being my first and last time I will ever deal with this company unless it's them paying me back from one of the lawsuits! This is a disgusting business practice! Also the people at the stores will lie and tell you that unlimited data never slows down like other providers do at 25 gigs. By the way I've only used 2 gigs with both phones together! Liars! Awful! Thieves! Someone should shut this company down and put the people in charge in prison! Big corporations will never learn with fines! This is absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with!

So 3/17/2017 I went to Boost Store Mobile the O'Fallon, IL (1556 US-50, O'Fallon, IL 62269) right next to Wal-Mart location to purchase the new LG Stylo 3 LS777. The girl at the front desk told me that even if she do not let them activate my phone I have to pay an activation fee of $15 and I also I have an upgrade fee of $15 dollars as well. Plus the promo deal offers a 32 gig SD card. She told me she could only give me the 16 gig card. I'm explaining to her I will activate my own device and I just upgraded my daughter phone not even a month ago and there was none of these extra charges. I did not pay an upgrade fee nor did I pay an activation fee for a phone I can activate myself. To top it off, she had the nerve to be somewhat ** acting.

I was so pissed at the girl until I wanted to scream and I know she is scamming me. I know why she wanted the fee but still don't play games with me. I'm a paying loyal customer. I guess I will never buy another phone from Boost local stores. They lost a very loyal customer. Well 5 because my entire family shopped with Boost.

I recently purchased my third and thinking about purchasing a fourth ZTE Warp 7 phone from Boost (BIG MAYBE). I love the phone. The only reason I had to get so many is because my EX boyfriend destroyed the first in a drunken jealous rage, so I tried to buy another but the store wanted TWICE AS MUCH as what I had originally paid for the first phone. So I called Boost Mobile and told them I had to cancel my Boost account because they just didn't offer the kind of phone I wanted at the price I could afford but Cricket did. So Boost gave me a promo code for 50% off an online purchase and I ordered the same exact phone again from their online store because I really do love this phone. I researched a lot of phones and decided I wanted THIS phone for very specific reasons. That's why I keep buying the same phone.

Then the second phone was stolen, so I reported it stolen and asked if I could have another promo code but they said no, which I understand. So I ordered one at full price anyway because I LOVE this phone. But I DON'T understand why now that I have ordered my THIRD phone and discovered it was defective the day after I received it in the mail (the selfie snapper camera is having a server issue)... and have to pay to return a defective device and Boost won't even do an exchange or anything helpful at all for their customer??? THEY sent ME a defective phone. I didn't ask for or expect to receive a broken phone. So why am I now responsible for returning it to them and can't even just exchange it for a PHONE THAT WORKS!?

So now these people are telling me that I have to spend MORE money to return it, plus go without a phone for however long it takes to return it and receive a refund and then wait for a new one to be sent to me once I get the refund back from them. I don't have the money to just buy a new phone while these people diddle around with getting me my refund. Total **. I spoke to two people from Boost's customer service and tech support departments yesterday morning and one was completely clueless and the other was rude as heck. I sent an email and the only response I got was something about being a global company and respecting people of all cultures as though I had mentioned something derogatory, which I did not. And at the end of that bizarre email about race relations was a short explanation of how I needed to return the phone at my own expense and wait two-three weeks for a refund and pretty much "oh well sucks for you".

I sent back a return email asking how I go about returning it but never got a response to that one at all. So both my boss and I called them again today since I did not find any resolution yesterday. My boss was calling as well because he actually purchased the phone on his Amex and took that amount out of my paycheck because I needed a phone asap. We both spent over two hours on the phone ONLY TRYING TO GET AN ADDRESS TO SEND THE BUSTED PHONE BACK TO THEM! One CSR even hung up on him because he told her the phone call was being recorded (we record all calls coming in and out of our office). I think he spoke to five people before someone would even give us an address.

And then shortly after we had gone to the post office we got a call from them telling us they had forgotten to give us a code which was supposed to be included on the address label, So we had to go back to the post office, have them dig our package out of whatever bin it had been put in and add the code to the mailing label or we wouldn't ever have gotten a refund at all. I would have expected more from this company in regards to customer service than how I've been treated and what I've been told so far. I've been a customer with them for more than a few years and have loved their phones and service but their customer service department and training of their customer service people SUCKS ** and I'm sick and tired of dealing with their ** customer service people and questionable business practices.

I have been with Boost now for maybe 2 years now. It was myself and my husband at first then I added one of my sons. Long story short I ended up adding 2 additional lines that were originally from a different carrier. I had a friend with me when I went into the Boost store. Well my daughter had her purse stolen and apparently she had her little brother’s phone as well as hers in her purse. I immediately reported them as lost or stolen. We weren't sure at that time if she had maybe left her purse in her dad’s vehicle. Everything was OK although I didn't have the funds to purchase 2 new phones yet. Then one day I received an email stating a payment was made and it was for one of the devices that I had reported. Then an email stating my PIN had been changed.

I was baffled and immediately called Boost. They informed me that they canceled my devices and that nobody could activate them again. Well... let’s just say I called Boost probably 20 times in 3 days and was on phone with them for about a total of 12 hours. I eventually found out who had taken my devices because they were able to continue to activate device because they knew the date of purchase. In my opinion it's absurd because I asked if they would please require proof of identity prior to activating or changing PIN on those accounts and every time they would "reassure" me that it wouldn't happen again. I ended up giving up. I don't understand how a person that stole a phone is able to use the phone even after all the reassurance I was given. There is sooo much more to this story. But it is too much to type. They also would change the numbers.

I've been with Boost Mobile for 15 years. I have had the worst signal ever just in the last 7 years. I have reported this issue several times for them to say "they are working on a tower in my area". Ok so I gave them the benefit of the doubt but still the same. I bought a new phone and still the same. I called in to get my account number so I could switch to another company and keep the same phone number. They offered me a deal of unlimited gb 50.00 month and free phone service for a month. For only 30.00 per month. So me like a sucker I did it. Just for them on the 2nd month start charging me 50.00.

"Hold up," I said to them. Oh by the way, they didn't know what I was talking about. Lol. I keep getting dropped calls and straight to vm when people call me most of the time. Smh. My 4g phone stays on 3g most of the time so I have to go to network on my boost app and then press update profile wait then press ok. That helps for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then it starts back over again. I'm so disgusted with Boost mobile. Ready to switch to another company that isn't an offspring of Sprint.

I'm writing this review because Boost Mobile sucks. Month after month always a problem. Boost Dealz is a joke. They don't apply nothing to your account. What a waste of time. We are changing services. First month they charged us right on Auto Re-Boost then after that no more Re-Boost, no explanation. I call, said it fixed then again next month same thing. Call back said it fixed which it was but charged us $5 extra dollars to charge our card and it was their fault. Always talking around the issue, nothing ever solved. They don't care about their customers. Crooked company. Hope they go out of business but they won't because people put up with what they do. Take time to care because they won't. They only care about their pockets.

Can't Order!! I have been trying to purchase an iPhone for $99.99 from the boostmobile.com site for 8 hours now. I've tried refreshing the page and re-entering my information continuously to try my order again. Very very very frustrating!!!

Since 2015 I've been a customer, since that time immediately I noticed no text, applications close after 10 seconds, missed emails and text. I of course called to complain, found out I was sold a refurbished, four year old phone. I received a discount rate for 6 months and an option to spend more money to upgrade my default phone. They knowingly sold this to me and tried to sweeten the deal.

In March 2017, my monthly went up to 48.00, I call and no one was able to able and I'm told my period of discount is over due to the phone purchase from 2015. I explained to the woman, who was very difficult to interact with, that all of this is in notes. There was nothing they could do but change my plan which means less service on an already terrible service plan or buy a new phone around 120.00. This is fraud and they hide behind Asia laws to not be liable to United States customers. No manager or service person was able to or will help. Anyone want to class action lawsuit with me?

Compare Prepaid Phones