3.7/5 (1068 ratings)

About Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I needed an extra day to pay my bill and called them and they gave me a free month. Never had that done before with any other company. Can't say anything but good about Boost Mobile. I've been with them for almost 20 years.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

My telephone service is great-until it comes time to talk to a "real" person. When facing a technical problem with for instance, a new phone it is difficult to to find real help as opposed to site Q&A.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2021

The flexibility you have in buying a phone or device is very important to me and only Boost gives you the options to have the lower cost quality phones with just what you need, or the higher cost quality phones with everything you want. I've had service in areas where I can make calls while friends with ATT and Verizon had none. The unlimited high speed hd plan, paired with one of their hd phones is a real treat! Not to mention the hotspot to share. I would recommend Boost Mobile over any carrier. If you want control and add ons to your service without settling for mediocre, then choose Boost!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I purchase a lgkst service after transferring from MetroPCS and Cricket Wireless. The lady Diana was very knowledgeable and very professional and just friendly. After I left this store I did a mass text to my friends and family members to change their personal service and join Boost Mobile. Im very impressed of all the knowledge the sales lady Diana had. She even sold me on additional items. Boost mobile keep up the great work.. By hiring people that care. I was very pleased. The best customer that I've seen within the past 15 - 20 years.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Don't waste your money with Boost Mobile. They market to you No Data Caps...That's a lie. Once you use a certain amount of data per month, Boost Mobile slows your service down to a snail's pace. They send you texts to let you know. This is a terrible company. Do Not Purchase!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I just paid off my phone a couple of months ago with Boost, only to be told after December, my phone will be totally useless! I was told I would have to buy another phone, after I just finished paying for the one I have! This is their fault for selling me a phone, only to be told, sorry, now you have to buy another one. Boost is terrible. 0 stars!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I was charged $69 the day I switched to Boost Mobile - my data plan is just $15 per month. I have inquired about the breakdown of this amount from customer care several times and they could not deduce its possibility yet the best they could tell me was to keep going to the store I conducted the transaction to resolve the issue. I had told them that the Boost Mobile store employee was not willing to - she was even shouting because I wanted to understand the breakdown. Please note that I went to the store after the first customer care phone call. That was when I realized I would not go back.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I have a Samsung S10e and due to Boost mobile "enhancing their network" my phone no longer works on the network I pay monthly for. I contacted them and instead of them just telling me my phone will no longer work with their network they had me do trouble shooting steps multiple times over a couple weeks. Each time eventually saying it was the tower enhancements and not my phone that was the problem. My phone is no useless and they have no solution. Now I find out that my phone will no longer work on the network come December either way. Terrible customer service from start to finish.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased a cell phone from Boost Mobile which I paid for in full. I switched to T mobile and found that my phone was locked. I was told that I would need to come back to boost for 6 months in order to unlock my phone, otherwise it will remained locked forever. In short I must give them more money for 6 months or my phone will continue to sit here and collect dust. I tried to do the right thing by paying off the phone before I switched providers. I wanted to help our economy by paying for the phone and in turn I was punished. I have spent months trying to get the problem solved, however they don't care and won't do anything to resolve the issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Mother bought me an iPhone 12 from Boost for my birthday. By the time they received it and gave it to me for my birthday it was well beyond the return window of 7 days. Now I have an iPhone 12 I can't get service with on boost and they have locked so it can't be move to another network. She paid almost 800 dollars and it can't be used on their network, can't be returned and can't be moved to another network (they won't unlock it). They tell me I should try to sell it to somebody else on eBay.

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

Boost Mobile Company Information