Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.58/5

Boost Mobile Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have been a Boost customer for years now.. well over 10 years. I have not had any problems with Boost that they could not fix. And not only fix the problem, but they also have credited me up to $75.00 for the hassle. I had the unlimited plan for 50 a month with that included a grace period of 10 days or something from the day your bill was due to make payment. What they did not say your pay day will stay the same. Another time my data was messed up on my second phone on my plan, they actually paid my months bill that time.

My only complaint is I am eligible for BOOSTUP. Kinda. Well, come to find out... I had owed Sprint money for a phone bill. I didn't pay so they sent me to a collection agency. I settled with that collection agency. 5 months down the road, I see this boostup option. I go online, add phone to my online cart, check out and they tell me something went wrong call Sprint. Well they say, I can't get the phone under boostup option unless I pay the remaining balance of what I owed Sprint. It's like $300 and something... BUT they will knock off $125 let's say..SMH. I refused. I was under the impression that I settled my debt thru the collection agency and I no longer owe Sprint. So they screwed me. Sprint screwed me good.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Virgin Mobile was my phone company. Now it's Boost. They have a nice choice of phones to choose from. Also they have many plans to pick from too. I like prepaid phone for the sole reason that you can't order stuff unless you have money on your account. Another good feature is same with games. These phones have everything the other big companies do. Best feature is when your month of prepaid is up they remind you to top up. What is good about this if it happens to be a tough week with bills or money flow you don't have to top up then. You can wait a week or more until you have cash to do it. Other companies just keep hitting you up and before you know it you owe 2oo hundred dollars for a phone that has been shut off because you couldn't afford it at the time. Prepaid is the way to go if you are not rich.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I would recommend this company because of the value but the service is great also. I am happy I didn't have to sign a multi year plan and I can't get surprisingly high bills if someone goes over their data. I recently switched to this company during the holidays when I got my son his 1st phone. I have a family of 4 plan. It is $100 a month with unlimited talk, text, and data. At that price, I was worried about having spotty service and/or slow data. But, since we've been with Boost we haven't had any issues. I've only seen my phone in 3g a few times for a couple minutes. All the other times I've had 4G. Another thing that is always important to me is the quality of the phone. I can say I'm happy with all 4 phones we purchased.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The only bad thing that ever happened to me was a surprise activation fee when I decided to upgrade to a newer phone in store (Moto to LG G6). But the woman in store told us before charging it. Otherwise the service was mostly good; although at some points, it'd say I have 4G in an area, but nothing would load. It wasn't constant enough for me to be upset that much. Things I love about Boost: the taxes are already factored into the plan. I get an even amount taken from my account every month, so I know what to expect. I also love that I can get pretty good coverage in Mexico for only $5 extra. It's a total deal.

Recently, I'm thinking of switching services only because I don't get coverage in Canada, which come on?? You can have coverage in Mexico but not Canada? I travel to both places for a fair amount of time, and I just need something that can work in both places so my family doesn't worry about me too much when I go traveling.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am so appalled that there are so many bad reviews for this company. I LOVE how cheap my family plan is for my husband and me. Unlimited 4G data on both lines with 12 GB of recurring hotspot for $80!!! (We got the extra GB randomly one year when Boost sent us a message thanking us for being loyal customers!! I think we had 5 before?) It’s by far the cheapest data plan and I have had no problem with service. Anytime I’ve ever needed to speak to customer service - the people were always professional and tended to my needs. I do love the BoostUP program and was able to get the new iPhone 11!! ☺️ I refuse to switch to any other service provider. I am strong on my word when I say Boost Mobile is amazing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I called today, 6/30/20, because I needed my account number. Only specialists has that info, not the store, not customer service, nobody, which is ridiculous! So you are forced to wait. My first call lasted 40 minutes on hold for a specialist and I had to hang up. The second time I was transferred, waited 30 minutes, another agent answer and put me back on hold for almost 1 1/2 hours!!!! I had to hang up. I needed that info TODAY, so I went to the chat online... terrible, a whole hour waiting for someone. All of this hassle just to get an account number. I started at 6:34 pm and I just finished chatting with them... it's 9 pm for God's sake! So if I wasted all of this time getting a stupid account number, I may as well take 2 minutes to tell about my experience. BOOST MOBILE NOT RECOMMENDED, they just want to sell phones.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Mostly, service as advertised. There was nothing in writing given to me, only my phone # & I felt uneasy about that. My intuition while using the phone was that somebody was watching me, possibly from a 2nd line. Again. The agent told a self protective lie that didn't work-- that your phone # couldn't be changed.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I have Virgin Mobile for many years and enjoyed good customer service, a strong signal and little to no hassle. Then they went under and transferred me to Boost where the customer service has been adequate (at best), and the signal is terrible. I will be switching companies once this month is up. If you live in Allegheny or Washington counties in PA, I do not recommend.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I bought an Iphone 7 from Boost for my daughter to upgrade. The battery was bad so I called to arrange to return the phone for a refund within the seven day return period. I was told I would receive a mailing label on Friday to return the phone, but it did not arrive. I called again on Monday letting them know I had not received it as promised and was told that since it was past the seven day guarantee, they would no longer accept a return. I tried to explain that when I received authorization to return it, it was within the seven days and I was told to wait to receive the label, but they did not care.

I kept getting transferred from person to person (none of which spoke English very well making the process very difficult) and after repeating this information over and over, I asked to speak to someone in charge. I was told that the representative I originally spoke to was not supposed to send a label and that I needed to send it myself, I said I was fine with that and would mail it back that day, but I was told they would no longer accept it because it was past the seven days. I explained AGAIN how I was within the seven days when I called and the mistake was on their part therefore my return authorization should be honored. The customer service representative agreed that it was their mistake, but still refused to accept a return.

Over the course of about a week I spent hours on the phone talking to many people and all for nothing. They never had any intention or desire to help me. My belief is that the first representative deliberately gave me false information in order to allow the company to get out of refunding my purchase, knowing by the time I followed up it would be past the return window. It is very disappointing that a company refuses to stand by their policy and their word and looks for technicalities, leaving the consumer to suffer the consequences of their own mistakes or incompetence. Now I have paid for two phones and have no recourse for the defective one. I have been a Boost customer for many years and have four different lines with them, but they care not for loyalty or even honesty according to my experience. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I was a loyal Boost customer for over 10 years. I admit the company is no frills but I signed up for AutoBoost and rarely talked to the company unless it was to activate a new phone. Fast forward for 2020 when I ordered an Iphone 11 that was not activating. What I found is the worst service EVER... (Rude service, long wait times, intentional dropped calls when I asked to talk to management and numerous people telling me they could not help me and for me to go to Apple and take my chances even though I bought the phone from Boost). My older phone (Samsung) was keeping me afloat while I went back and forth with endless tech support people FOR MONTHS.

The last straw was during their attempt to get my Iphone working they did something to my Samsung and it also could not activate. What did Boost do after admitting they messed up my Samsung phone was to say, "Oh well maybe we will get back to you in 48 hours." That was the final straw. I went to another phone company and surprise, surprise they were able to get my Iphone working. Boost is great unless you need a major problem solved. It was an absolute nightmare dealing with them and was happy to get with a company with 100% better customer service.

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team