Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.97/5

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: April 10, 2020

Boost is a good prepaid company when you cannot afford to get a contract. I wish they would expand their phone selection, and offer more services than what they got right now. I am hoping they will advance to 5G services soon since they already released one smart phone that does 5G, but the device is very expensive, and unaffordable to buy. I like my Stylo 5 smart phone, and it's one of the best ones I have ever owned so far. I am hoping that they will come out with a Stylo 6 soon so I can order it and use it. Boost has good customer service, but the problem is that their offices are closed and unavailable at this time, and I hope they open back up soon.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Hello, I have had Boost for about 15 years. I had AT&T before that and it was a very bad experience, but, it was the only carrier that had that area, now that's not that case. I have found that Boosts covers almost anywhere in the United States. I've been in North and South Carolina (various areas) the Shenandoah area (Virginia) and Florida. Great Service everywhere I been, I travel quite a lot and find that the payment plan is superior and not a hassle at all. One text, one payment, even if it's early, they hold it until your bill is due. Wonderful. In my experience other companies take the monies apply it then hassle you for your payment when it's due. Not Boost. Just can't say enough, but I really like Boost Mobile.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have been a Boost customer for years now.. well over 10 years. I have not had any problems with Boost that they could not fix. And not only fix the problem, but they also have credited me up to $75.00 for the hassle. I had the unlimited plan for 50 a month with that included a grace period of 10 days or something from the day your bill was due to make payment. What they did not say your pay day will stay the same. Another time my data was messed up on my second phone on my plan, they actually paid my months bill that time.

My only complaint is I am eligible for BOOSTUP. Kinda. Well, come to find out... I had owed Sprint money for a phone bill. I didn't pay so they sent me to a collection agency. I settled with that collection agency. 5 months down the road, I see this boostup option. I go online, add phone to my online cart, check out and they tell me something went wrong call Sprint. Well they say, I can't get the phone under boostup option unless I pay the remaining balance of what I owed Sprint. It's like $300 and something... BUT they will knock off $125 let's say..SMH. I refused. I was under the impression that I settled my debt thru the collection agency and I no longer owe Sprint. So they screwed me. Sprint screwed me good.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Virgin Mobile was my phone company. Now it's Boost. They have a nice choice of phones to choose from. Also they have many plans to pick from too. I like prepaid phone for the sole reason that you can't order stuff unless you have money on your account. Another good feature is same with games. These phones have everything the other big companies do. Best feature is when your month of prepaid is up they remind you to top up. What is good about this if it happens to be a tough week with bills or money flow you don't have to top up then. You can wait a week or more until you have cash to do it. Other companies just keep hitting you up and before you know it you owe 2oo hundred dollars for a phone that has been shut off because you couldn't afford it at the time. Prepaid is the way to go if you are not rich.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I would recommend this company because of the value but the service is great also. I am happy I didn't have to sign a multi year plan and I can't get surprisingly high bills if someone goes over their data. I recently switched to this company during the holidays when I got my son his 1st phone. I have a family of 4 plan. It is $100 a month with unlimited talk, text, and data. At that price, I was worried about having spotty service and/or slow data. But, since we've been with Boost we haven't had any issues. I've only seen my phone in 3g a few times for a couple minutes. All the other times I've had 4G. Another thing that is always important to me is the quality of the phone. I can say I'm happy with all 4 phones we purchased.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I purchase a lgkst service after transferring from MetroPCS and Cricket Wireless. The lady Diana was very knowledgeable and very professional and just friendly. After I left this store I did a mass text to my friends and family members to change their personal service and join Boost Mobile. Im very impressed of all the knowledge the sales lady Diana had. She even sold me on additional items. Boost mobile keep up the great work.. By hiring people that care. I was very pleased. The best customer that I've seen within the past 15 - 20 years.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I bought a Motorola G Fast from Boost Mobile online. They sent me a defective phone, then refused to honor their own 7-day "no-questions-asked" policy. They insisted I call Motorola for warranty claims. Motorola asked where I bought the phone, then told me I had to take it to a Boost retail location for repair. The retail location told me I had to contact Boost Online. And the circle kept going around and around. I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Boost Mobile network is not the best. Hope I can give it 0 starts. I can't send screenshots, selfies, and photos by text messages. Also, the internet is slow and takes forever to upload. This is my 2nd month and I wont renew my plan for a third month.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I am currently in the midst of a lawsuit for Boost Mobile and I’m going to tell you how you can go about yours. I have had insurance on my phone and Boost Mobile decided to remove my insurance without me knowing. If I had not called Boost Mobile about my insurance I would have never known I didn’t have insurance and this is also not the first time they did this. I believe they charge for insurance then remove so you won’t be able to receive a new phone. I believe they do this with the latest version phones to receive money from their customers and the boost Mobile customers service rep Sam was not nice. I also believe the names they state when you call is not the names of the real representatives so you won’t know who you were really talking to.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Brightstar Agency, LLC does not honor their insurance claims. I paid for this insurance for over one year and they denied a reasonable claim. I do not recommend this insurance company. Boost Mobile should not send its customers to this company because they are unreliable.

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team