Boost Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I originally switched to Boost because they promised better service. I messed up big time. They had to send me a sim card for my current phone twice so I had no phone for a month. I paid the money for the service and they demanded more and more then put 10 on my account as courtesy for the issues. When I checked my account 0 balance. Now everything I say or do on my phone is being seen by street thugs because Boost has no security and I called customer service and they say the technical department can't do anything to stop it. As for the one talking about a class action I would love to.

The fact that Boost Mobile has me writing this review is sickening in itself since I left the last phone company for not giving me the freedom to make choices on my account as well as the upgrade policies. When purchasing my 1st phone with Boost after having been a faithful customer in the "Chirp days" I am highly disappointed. I wasn't informed when purchasing the phone that I would have a 120 day wait before I could purchase another prepaid phone. Being that the iPhone went on sale I wanted to upgrade and wasn't allowed to as if I was with one of the network phone companies.

After the 1 million day wait (that's how long it felt ) I was told when purchasing an upgrade that I would have to pay an activation fee and approx 30 in taxes bring the grand total for a 199.00 phone to 275.00??? I wouldn't recommend Boost Mobile if you're looking for freedom from one of the bigger companies because it's a lot of small print. Although the bill is cheaper you get what you pay for. It feels like "You're here now, we know you're the customer but pleasing you is not our problem."

I bought a prepaid phone from Boost back in November 2016, I needed a prepaid phone because I was moving back to Europe during the summer and I needed to be able to use a sim card from a different country. When my phone arrived it worked well, however the Boost contract was overpriced compared to other contracts that you can find elsewhere.

When I moved back to Europe I told boost that I wanted to end my contract and I asked if I could use my phone with another sim card, they told me that I could easily use another sim card. However when I put a different sim card in it did not work, BOOST SOLD ME A LOCKED PREPAID PHONE, I contacted them again asking how I could unlock it, they said that I had to stay with them for 12 months and that there is no other way of them unlocking it. This was not specified when I bought the phone, so now I am stuck with a locked phone that I cannot fully use because of Boost. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF THEM, THEY ARE OVERPRICED, THEY WILL NOT TRY AND HELP YOU, STAY AWAY FROM BOOST, I RECOMMEND GOING TO ANY OTHER MOBILE COMPANY.

I was a customer of Boost Mobile for a while because they had great prices and they had promotions around the time I got my plan. I use to pay with debit cards or cash no issue. Everything was going great until I was paying for my unlimited service and data and my data usage would be up in 2 weeks and then my internet wouldn't work or be slow. Which makes no sense. Then I paid my unlimited bill for this month with a debit card and they took the money back 2 weeks after I paid. No answers and no repayment. I will never recommend this service to anyone. Not even my worst enemy.

I am, I believe, a valued customer since 2014 with my two lines. Over two weeks ago I called for my broken iPhone 6 plus. They told me I have to go through a third party. They accepted my phone in the warranty period. Sent me a label and I shipped it. When they received it they claimed the phone is damaged and they asked me to file a report with UPS since THE phone was not damaged before I sent it.

It's been two weeks and I am between Brightstar and UPS and Boost Mobile customer service. No company is doing a good job. They wasted hours and hours of frustration on the phone with all of them and all what I need is a good phone!!! I also want to report an abuse and rudeness of a supervisor whose name is WALI

who I spoke with yesterday July 11, he simply refused to listen to me and harshly disbelieve everything I tell him. Now I thinking to move on to other company. Nothing would compensate for the frustration and pain I am experiencing. I will drop an honest review everywhere I can about Boost Mobile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

My data speed increases once I call & complain. Two days later my Samsung Galaxy downloads at a rate of 51-99 KBS when it should be MBS. A 15 Meg file takes 10 minutes. More & more companies are being taken to court. I plan on filing a lawsuit. Anyone Interested in joining? Will probably go to a Class Action. Thanks for reading.

We moved, so our land-based ISP would be unavailable for a few days while they switched us over. As my phone is Sprint and I don't have the tethering service (which is another rant in and of itself), I decided to buy a mobile hotspot to tide us over - plus, it's good to have backups. Saw the Boost Mobile R850 unit, so I bought it and a 50-dollar recharge card from Walmart. Got home, tried to activate it through my phone's browser, and... nothing. Webpage times out, no activation, no confirmation number, nothing. Okay. I stuff it aside and deal with the rest of the move. No biggie, I have larger issues to deal with.

It catches my eye a few months later, so I go through my PC's browser and try to fire the hotspot up. Oh... there's a 10-dollar fee since I've apparently activated it once before. No matter, let's slog through this activation thing again. Punch in the MEID numbers, the serial, all that jazz. Hit the "activate" button and... nothing. Try it again, and there's an error code now. Fire off an email to customer support and get back a canned reply about a day later, which was not helpful at all. Back in the junk drawer it goes.

I try it again, today, seven months after the last attempt. Another notice of a 10-dollar activation fee, as it's been activated once before (or has it been twice? Who can know?) and I slog through their webpage again (looks nicer now, though). Aaannnd nothing. Hangs up at the usual spot. So I'm out the 100 dollars from paying for it way back in September (along with the recharge card), but have yet to even get one bit of data received from the hotspot, all because I can't even properly activate the thing.

In summary, I can't even get the juicy crap customer service that I see other reviewers here have gotten - no, I'm denied even that much, as I can't properly become a customer of Boost Mobile to begin with. Did I dodge a bullet on this one...? About to hit up Sprint and pay them for the privilege of tethering data from my phone (at least it's unlimited LTE, which is decently quick where I live).

Purchased a new cell phone from their website. Everything went smooth and product arrived as described. No issues at all. However, I have decided to return the product as it is not a right fit for me. Per their return policy I must call 1-866-402-7366 to start a return by getting a "Return Authorization Number". This is where you get walled. As by calling that #, which is the only one they provide, you can not get a live person or even navigate the options. Never does an option for "Return Authorization Number" present itself. This company intentionally makes it difficult to make a legitimate return. At this moment I had to create an account on Boost's "community" forum in attempt to get an "agent" to respond there. It has been 4 hours and no reply despite seeing agents being online. My forum post has been at the top of the board for 4+ hours. Non-existent customer service.

I have been on the phone being lied to all day. They told me the phone was unlocked when I purchased them. I have been reading everyone complaints and we all have the same complaints. We need to stop these people and file a lawsuit because they will keep doing this as long as we allow them. We all work hard for our money and this is not fair. Class action lawsuit who is with me?

I recently went shopping for a new cell phone. Boost Mobile on 19th Avenue and Northern in North Phoenix I purchased a Galaxy J-3 Emerge. I took the phone on for the first couple of days. Was working fine then after the third day it started going haywire like I mean Haywire. it would show me pictures and it would turn off and on and would do all kinds of goofy stuff. So I took it into Boost Mobile where I bought it. The management was very rude they said they could not fix the problem. They couldn't even troubleshoot it. They were not willing to help me at all. They just shoved me to the side and went to the next customer to attend them so I came back home and decided to call it was headquarters myself.

So I called Boost Mobile headquarters and I got to talking to a lady and she said that I had insurance for the first 7 days after telephone which this was already the 8th or 9th day so I couldn't take the phone back. When I did try to ask them about the phone they said they would fix it for $45. So I got a lemon telephone is what I got, something you couldn't squeeze the juice out of but you can squeeze the money out of me. So I called Headquarters again and again was told that I had insurance on the phone which is the insurance that they give you for the first 7 days.

I know that Boost ain't going to be my next telephone carrier. They are very rude, very unprofessional. They sold me a lemon phone which was probably used and broke down. On less of me one week and they do not want to return my money I paid for the whole month of service and all I got was 6 days of service that I was able to speak and to work with my phone. The rest of the time my phone is broke, no good. They want to charge me $45 to fix. That is unheard of in the phone industry nowadays. Any other company would have gave you another brand new phone to keep the customer happy.

Although they falsely advertise unlimited data, EVERY SINGLE MONTH and always around the 15th of the month (my bill is due on the 2nd), I receive a text from Boost informing that I have used all my data. My phone then goes into SLOW mode and is virtually useless except for calling for HALF A MONTH EVERY MONTH. It is virtually impossible to get a live person if you call customer service and ALL CALLS are transferred to an overseas call center where you are connected with some of the rudest people you will ever speak with. Their service is the absolute worst. I would never recommend them to anyone and am leaving this company to switch over to a more reputable company.

I've owned a 10 GB Netgear hotspot for almost two years and never experienced an issue with data usage until recently. My Netgear displayed a usage of 6.18 GB which I found strange due to not ever going over 6 gigs. I proceeded with trying to connect my laptop to the internet, I was unable to. When contacting Boost Mobile customer service, I was advised of exceeding my 10 GB and my service was interrupted. I explained my data history (consistent each month) as well as advising the device shows 6.18 GB used which means I still had over 3 GB remaining. The rep was unable to resolve the problem. However, she restored my device with 2 GB and assured a supervisor will contact me in 48 hrs with a resolution. No one called.

After using a few megabytes of the 2 GB, went out of town leaving the device unplugged, I came home noticing my device displayed 2.18 GB used and service was interrupted. Of course I recalled Boost Mobile, the rep escalated my inquiry to a supervisor. No one called. While waiting for a call, my due date approached; I restored my device with 10 GB. Today, my Netgear displayed 2 devices were connected (should only be 1). Once again, I called. The rep stated, "There's no way we can tell what devices are connected to your Netgear because we cannot look into your account. You will need to contact the manufacturer." WHAT??? When I asked for a supervisor, the call was placed on hold for 17 min then disconnected.

When I recalled, a rep stated, "You need to go online; type in httpmyhotspot and change your password because we do not have any control nor can see what other device is connected. People are hacking devices even if it's locked." I told her the web address is not accurate/complete. She replied, "That's all I have." What's the point of having a customer service dept if an issue cannot be resolved or if you're being told no one can review a customer's account; most importantly, who calls the manufacturer to resolve an issue??? Seeking another hotspot carrier.

I switched my cell service to Boost May 3, 2017, my plan was $50.00 monthly. It was an easy switch. The LG phone was free. It cost me over $60 to switch. The biggest mistake I ever made. Started having problems with the phone right away, it would randomly say no sim, no service without warning or notice. I wouldn't know it was off and missed a lot of calls, people were panicked and sent police to do a wellness check. Finally I went to the place I got it to get help, what I got was rude to bad for you attitude. They took the phone, opened it up and came back with the sim card and told me "See this red? That means water damage." Shocked and could barely see the red, I said, "Water? No way! I just got the phone." They said "No insurance you'll have to buy a phone." I'm a senior on a fixed income no way could I buy a phone. I left angry and frustrated. The phone was fine for a minute then started doing the same thing.

I went back to have them put the service in my old phone. I was told it wasn't a Boost phone so I couldn't. They said "Get a Boost phone and we'll transfer it." My friend had an old Boost phone so I took it to them to move my service. Then they tell me I can't because the sim card was not in the Boost phone. "I have a sim card in this one" I said. No again original sim has to be with phone. What?! I asked why was I finding all this out now, I should have been informed. He said "Go online read our contract!" I said "This is not right", he said "I know, you've been here 3 times." I said "Yeah! Clue! I left and used my phone when it wanted to work. I have to have service." I went online June 3, to pay my service and it got some weird error and I couldn't get online to pay. I went to another Boost store told her about the error and the code. She said it would stop after I paid and it was $3.00 more to pay at the store.

Second BIG mistake. I paid $53.00 June 5, 2017. Error still there. I called tech support all he could say was we had to factory reset. So I followed his instructions! The phone wouldn't come back! He transferred me to LG without telling me. Now I have no phone, no service and no money! Out $53.00. I called back and told C.S. I wanted a refund. The tech messed up the phone it doesn't work at all. She said OK someone would contact me in 7 to 10 days for my refund. How were they gonna contact me??? I went back to my previous carrier Metro PCS and was treated very well, got another phone and service. They knew just how to deal with Boost.

Updated on 07/02/2017: This is an update on my Boost Mobile complaint/review. After I was told by C.S. that I had to have my receipt for my refund I got my bank statement showing the payment so on the 24th of June I called back C.S. I informed them I had my receipt and wanted my refund, again I was put on hold. When the rep. returned to the phone he informed me that the account had been closed out and they could not give me my refund. My response was, "Really go figure!" Called them thieves and hung up. I filed with my bank to get my money back.

Well no call and NO refund. I called today to ask about it and was told I needed my receipt. I said, "Why, you can see I made the payment and that I don't have your service." She told me "Yes I see you paid on the 5th but we require you have the receipt for a refund." Some more bull! What? were they gonna come to my house to see it??? It's always some kinda crap with them, this can't be legal! I'm way past pissed and so done! I want my money back! They owe me! Don't use Boost Mobile! Nightmare!

I went to a Boost Mobile store for the very 1st time ever to purchase a phone. I picked out the same phone that was recommended by the clerk. The clerk rung up my purchase and I paid for it. Well it turns out that she rung up the wrong phone. I was supposed to be buying a ZTE phone but instead she charged me for a Samsung phone. I informed her about the mishap and she would not accommodate me. She refused to allow me to discuss it with a manager. She also refused to accept responsibility.

She called the police on me because I was upset. The police could not do anything because they said that it was an civil matter! She never apologized nor admitted to doing anything wrong. She was extremely rude and a complete waste of time. I talked to many supervisors and they could not help me. I am really upset because I wasted my money. Nobody has helped! I am being punished for the clerk's mistake! I was told to go back to my previous phone company, but the problem is that they would charge me to return back to them. Boost suck in a major way!

Deserves 0 stars, By far the worst phone service I've ever had. They will change your plan without your permission and slow down or stop internet connection. You can never get someone on phone that can speak clear English. Sounds like they have a mouth full of marshmallows. You never know what you're paying due to them changing the plan without permission. You go without phone service cause you can't speak to someone who can take care of your call. When asked to speak with a supervisor you get the same broken english. I WOULDN'T WASTE MONEY HERE, and that's basically what you do, cause you don't get the service you pay for.

When I called customer service to cancel my service it was because I no longer had a working phone. My phone went nuts and I could no longer access the home screen and I also couldn't turn it off except to pull the battery out. I tried over and over again but to no avail. Only the Boost Mobile logo and yellow and orange diagonal lines would take over the screen. A couple of weeks before this incident the service was offline for about 4 days because of some upgrade which they never informed me of until they reset my phone 2 times and then they told me "oh but there's no service in your area because of upgrades taking place." I asked him at that time if they would give me some kind of break on my bill for not having a phone for 4 days especially since I am disabled. They said "no" but they would see about something that they could do. I never heard nothing back from them.

Then 2 weeks later my phone went on the blitz. I called them and told them that my phone was no longer working and that I was changing my service with another company that my daughter had put me on her service. I also asked them for a refund of most of the money that I had paid for that month because I could only have service for 5 days before the phone went out period. She said "No we are unable to do that. We don't have the resources for that" but that I could upgrade my phone and continue my service with them and then call them before the first of the month begins and then they would just continue my service if I like to do it that way. I told them that I've only had service for 5 days and could no longer use their service so I'd like them to prorate and return the amount that was unused.

She said no they can't do that, that I have used too many minutes and I told her "what do you mean?" I have unlimited service, unlimited text, unlimited calls, unlimited data but I don't hardly use any texts or data on their base because I have Wi-Fi and that covers it so what does she mean that I used too much high after. "What do you mean by too much", she says "well you used too much phone calls". I said "What? How can that be?" She said "what you've used more than your limit for that amount of time." I said "I told you I have unlimited service and then I want a refund for that prorated amount", she kept arguing that I should upgrade my service and then I can get my bank to file a grievance to see if I could get the money back so I commanded to talk to her supervisor or her superior so she put me on hold for about 5 minutes and then she pretended to be another person and started up with the same felony.

Kept repeating herself and I told her "I want to talk to your superior. Somebody who can speak English that can understand me and I can understand them" so she put me on hold again and she came back to the phone about 5 more minutes or ten minutes and pretended that she had to make me wait for she didn't know how long to talk to somebody else. So I demanded that she put somebody on right now because I was tired of this nonsense so about 5 minutes later a different voice finally came onto the phone. Anyways she still argue that they could not give me a refund because I used too much service in that five days of service and did I could not have any kind of refund but she'd be glad to go ahead and discontinue my service and take my bank information off of the account.

For one thing I would really like to have that money back just because of what she put me through for a half an hour on my daughter's phone and then pretending to be somebody else when it's in fact the same person over and over and they know that the phone that you buy from them is updated all the time which I did not know and I'm realizing that the updating continuously uses more and more memory of the phone until it goes nuts because of lack of space. I've tried to delete updates over and over. I've done that but pretty soon it wouldn't even let me use space for my pictures or other things. In fact when it went out or on the blank I could not get any of my important things that I had put in my memo and I couldn't get all my pictures. I can't get them and I'm really disappointed. I'd like to file a grievance against Boost Mobile for not keeping resources in an account for people who go through what I have gone through.

I am just so upset. I will not tell anybody to go through Boost Mobile in which I have done in the past. I have told people that Boost Mobile was great and now I regret it. Basically it looks like I'm some kind of nut advising people to go through Boost Mobile phone service. Is there some way that I can get a refund from them? Well I just want to say beware of Boost Mobile. It is a scam to get your money and all you people on fixed-income don't rely on service from them. Also you people who are disabled you don't want to be without a phone so don't go to Boost Mobile.

I have had several companies cell service over the years of my wireless network use and Boost Mobile has outshined them all. Best customer service and support and the most user friendly customer app for paying monthly bill, finding a new phone and making changes in my service. Best value by far.

I have a Samsung J3 although I cracked the screen because the store didn't have any and I couldn't find one. So I went to a Boost store in La Puente, Ca on Sunset Ave & Francisquito Blvd. I was sold a phone for what was said to be $67.00 and came to $167.00 with a monthly charge of $60.00 what was $37.00 with the previous phone Samsung J3, which they said I could not purchase for whatever reasons they made up.

So I go home trying to start up this phone with their booklet to no avail. My Samsung was still working, yes they had me purchase new service. I used my Samsung till it turned off. My LG didn't work so I had to go back to the store. Mind you, I am a disabled veteran 100% with mobility issues, TBI and aphasia. So this is a challenge. When I arrived at the store I could already hear and sense their lies. I got nothing accomplished where now if something were to happen I have no way of letting anyone know that understands me. Sad thing is, corporate also knows this. Boost was decent some years back but now they are literally **.

Boost Mobile sells locked phones and will not allow you to unlock them for 1 year. How does this company get away selling locked phones with no contract involved. Also, you can not view your account number. I find this strange. I am paying for service that I can't view the number. I wanted to switch carriers due to Boost mobile has bad reception such as dropped calls, text messages not coming through. I was upset that I found out today my phone was locked. In which they did not tell me when I purchased my iPhone 7 and paid cash. So, I am stuck with only two choices. One pay for service I can't receive or switch carriers and purchase another phone. I should be able to take my phone to any carrier and not have to wait for the phone to be unlocked. If they are going to force customers to stay with them with a locked phone. They need to set up a contract to lock you in. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Do not go to Boost mobile. The service suck!!! I'm on an unlimited plan paying $50 monthly to still run out of high speed data. They say it's unlimited but once you reach 23g your service slows down tremendously!!! I would not recommend them if they were the last ** phone carrier on earth. Not to mention they tax you a little over $10 when you pay your bill. Called customer service. Made a complaint numerous of times. Even spoke with supervisor for all them to tell me they don't know what they want me to do. Don't even have the decency to credit your account. I've only been with them a 30 days. Today worst service ever. Please find a different carrier because Boost Mobile sucks!!!

First of all, I know location matters. I am in South Phoenix. I made the mistake of switching to Boost because they claimed a 2 line service, unlimited text and data (with auto-pay) for $75 a month. Cool. But not so much. I get reception only 45% of the time. My calls get disconnected. I can't make any calls from my house. They told me I would get my first month free then proceeded to charge me $82 before my first month was even up! Oh, and don't even TRY talking to a REAL person about all this... Apparently, they are so notorious for being unreachable (cell phone service RED FLAG) there are numerous CODES online to work your way through their maze of automated options. I cannot get away from these guys quick enough. BOOST SUCKS.

Have had my phone only a month and I don't get any more than 3 bars. Have called customer service over and over and over again and all they want me to do is dial #772786#. It doesn't work... Boost Mobile has the worst coverage I have ever seen with a prepaid phone and I would never recommend them to anyone. Also their customer service reps are rude and have no idea how to fix any type of problem. Please read this and recommend switching from Boost to a different carrier.

My wife and I were on a family plan and we decided to cancel my line (because we planned on not using it). Well we decided at the last minute to put the line back on the family plan (before it was completely canceled). Well we called to confirmed that my line would be placed back on the family account and the guy said it wasn't a problem. Then asked which plan we'd like and went over the plans and prices. He (the Boost customer service employee) told us about a plan that was $50 unlimited everything for two people, it sounded too good to be true so we asked again just to verify and he confirmed everything he said was true and all we needed was a $50 Reboost card to reactivate our service (once it was interrupted). We got off the phone and a notification came through a text. Saying all we needed was a $70 dollar boost card to activate our accounts.

So we called back, and a lady answered this time. So we brought it to her attention and she said "disregard that last message. Its only $50 dollars". We bought the $50 dollar card and long story short we didn't get our "family plan" and when we called back they told us to call back in 4 days then after the 4 days they said it was nothing they could do because the employee was in training. And even though they told us (my wife and I) that if the employee in fact said it then they will honor it and they verified that the employee did say it. But it was not honored.

I purchased iPhone with this suck company. As soon I charged the phone and gave it to my son the phone was burning hot. I called Boost Mobile on Amb Caffery Lafayette Louisiana and ask for a return. I was told no returns. Internet is crappy and goes out fast. If you are on internet you cannot make a call. Cannot even add top up. I advise anyone not to go with Boost.

Been loyal customer for 5 years. Right after paying $55 data get throttled every time. I'm just fed up. I am going to another carrier. I'm tired of paying for high speed 4G LTE that's really 3G. Stupid.

Advertise ZTE Warp 7 as a GMS phone which it is not! They will not unlock phones... Purchased new phone from retailer and no longer walked out of store and owner wanted a 10% restocking fee... Used phone for 12 days and determined that it was no good for my app development as boot-loader was not accessible.

Contacted Boost customer care and was told phone had to be active for 12 months before they would unlock. Old handset they also declined to unlock. Contact ZTE and was told unlocking is not supported and they would not give out unlock codes. Applied with Boost for buyback and was told "ZTE Warp 7 is not a buyback phone." Trying to sell on eBay for going rate of new phone. With extras I have no takers! Feel Boost should make it clear "ALL" phones they sell are "LOCKED". Like a cigarette warning!

Hands down the absolute worst data speeds I have ever seen. You want to watch a 5 min video on YouTube, prepare to buffer like it's 2003. 30-40 mins to load, roughly 40% of video in glorious 144p. If you elect to watch the video without waiting half an hour to an hour prepare to go back ten seconds every 3 seconds. My average speed is 2-3.2 Kbps. If you enjoyed web surfing back in the 90s text only webpages or if Sega CD full motion videos are your thing with lower image quality and speed Boost Mobile is the network for you.

I purchased a phone and October 2016 views International and abroad. When I left for the island of Bahamas I was informed before leaving that my phone would work for $5 additional when I go to the islands by the person selling me the cell phone. Upon arriving to the Bahamas my phone had no service. When I came back I called Boost customer service and they informed me that to unlock my device because I had already spent $200 on the phone which was no use to me but at least I thought I could sell the phone. They inform me that I must keep service for 12 months before unlocking the phone.

I once again contacted Boost Mobile again and again and again and every time it was the same thing, "You must be an active customer for 12 months." I explained to them over and over again that the girl that sold me the phone lied to me and told me that I can use my phone in the Bahamas not calling the Bahamas but using my phone in the Bahamas. They told me to contact customer relations to follow up and see if they would be able to help me but over and over and over again it is like a repeat of the same thing and then I went back to the store at 320 North Dysart in Goodyear Arizona 85338 and they told me if I gave them $50 they would unlock my phone. I was appalled.

I've been trying this company out for over seven years and probably been a active customer for a least ten with them. I've been buying phones periodically. I'll say a least ten or more phones and only one or two was through them so-called insurance which is a joke. I've went through their procedures twice. I waited a week. For sure my phone and it was the same problem I have with my other phone. So ever since then I'll purchase a new phone, I'll pay over 140 or more for phone and activation fee and so on and so on.

I've done this over seven times or more simply because they would not let me get a better phone through my insurance I pay every month for. It's like I didn't have any. So now I'm in that same problem again but I can't do another time. I've had enough of their bull. I need answers and my answer is I've have spent 2000 thousands or more. I say more. Damn. I should have been left too upset to continue. Oh by the way, I've have had about five phone numbers from this organize kiosk.

THIS IS A REVIEW OF A BOOST MOBILE STORE IN SAN ANTONIO, TX, CALLED TRIO WIRELESS, LOCATED ON 7122 SAN PEDRO AVE. This is a den of thieves. They charged me $50 more for a phone that other Boost stores would have; they did not apply a national special that should have been applied. Additionally, most Boost stores allow you to return the phone in 7 days. This store only gives you 3 days and they reduce it to 2 days because they count the day of purchase. And the worst, while other Boost stores apply a $25 re-stocking fee, this store charges a 25% re-stocking fee. If you want to get shafted, go to this store. If you don't, go somewhere else. I would NEVER go to this store again! They are just a bunch of thieves preying on customers that believe that Boost stores apply more or less the same policies. These guys are out to screw you.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.
  • Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.
  • Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.
  • Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.
  • Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.
  • Best for Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Compare Prepaid Phones