1.77/5
Based on 170 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

856 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Go with another carrier. RUN!!! DO NOT BUY FROM BOOST!!! Buyer Beware, they will not make it right with you. I did call Apple and it is not an Apple issue. I bought an iPhone 6 from them and there is no call waiting feature in the settings under phone. I did a 3 way call with Apple and Boost and the Apple representative explained that it is not an Apple issue to the Boost carrier. Save yourself the HEADACHE!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have used Boost mobile for a couple of years, as I am retired and it is the cheapest option. Lately, I am receiving 10 scam calls a day from Boost's Area and prefix mobile numbers. When I call the numbers back I am told they don't exist. It is very annoying, having been a telecom executive. Obviously Boost is selling non-functioning numbers to scammers for a big price. This is clearly illegal, but the FCC is not prosecuting. By copy of this note I will alert. I guess the only option is to return to T-Mobile.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

ZTE Max: The owner Kim will not stand behind anything she sells. I bought three phones. One worked two days and quit (yet I have a family plan). I need a working phone. This is the worst store I've ever seen. Rude. Uncaring.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Warning!!!! Do not order a phone online!!! There will be so many problems: no record of a order; delivery; missing items; phone won't work then to top it off you won't be able to find a number for returns and if you do you won't have one number that matches theirs that they are requiring you to have in order to get a return mailing label. What I don't get is why their 10 days is Mon - Fri; no weekends but our 10 days include weekends. So by the time it's all said and done you are stick with the phone.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have spent the past two days attempting to get $18.23 returned to me from Boost Mobile and close my phone account with them as they do not service Stoddard w/o I say attempting because at first their phone reps tried to convince me that they did indeed cover Stoddard and that their own website coverage map which shows it's a offline area where you are roaming is wrong.

After they bounced my call through several people trying to convince me of this they then transferred me to a "account specialist " who told me the same thing and when I finally got through to her my account is getting closed one way or another. She informed me I can not get a refund of the $18.23 on my account because they detected usage on my phone which has been suspended for a while and since two weeks ago has a fully busted non functioning screen which knowing this I basically said, "Bull I paid for a full month's service which I did not use. I would like my money back."

The account specialist then launched into a speech about how they are not authorized to return money and she needs to submit a request and she knows the request will very likely not be approved but I told her to submit it and she said she did then ended the call so I called back today trying to close the account again and get my 18.23 returned and they started to repeat everything from the day before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018. I was with Boost on a prepaid plan for one year, every now and then do change the plans without any information and when we do recharge we get ripped off. If we call customer service you’ll get rude answer stating that the plan doesn’t exist anymore and when we ask them about the responsibility of informing on change of plan, they just say customers are the one have to look for the changes of that every time before doing the recharge. They do change the plan content keeping the same name to changed plan to confuse the customers so that they can rip-off as much as they can before the customers notice it. If anyone wants I can provide all recharge and ripped off history. Never trust BOOST.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Good morning. I am very upset about the way Boost Mobile has changed and is becoming unsatisfied nowadays to its consumer. I have been a Boost consumer for many years. On August 1 I ordered a phone online for my son. I received an order number and tracking number. I track my package with their carrier company which is FedEx. FedEx supposedly delivered my package on August 3 and left it outside of my building without a signature or anything. I never received my package. I was informed that I should call Boost Mobile so that they can file a claim with FedEx.

I was on hold for at least 3-5 minutes. I spoke to a representative and then put on hold to be transferred to another representative in technical support and then on hold and transferred a third time to speak with someone else in the order department to try and resolve the problem, just to be told that I have to make a police report and fax it or email it to them in order for them to investigate and send me a replacement phone. This is truly unfair to me that I must do all the work for something that I purchased and the carrier they deal with lost when it's not my fault I didn't receive my package. Boost should take credit for this. And do their job or change their outlook on what shipping company they use to deliver the packages. I'm very upset and dissatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Never trust their "unlocked phones" because they are not really "unlocked". They fool you by showing a discount online and on the phone. Their customer service on the phone usually say good things about their phones, they told me to "check out their unlocked phones" online and purchase the phone. Well, but they never say it has to be their customer for 1 year to get this really unlocked. You wasted your cash and stuck with this phone and it's poor signal here. Well, you either keep using this phone and pay for the poor service, for one year. Or you just cut your loss and hand this useless new phone. The service is terrible. No connection in many areas. Their coverage map is a joke. It has the worst signal as we all know.

I really wish I had read all of the negative reviews before I bought this phone from them. What waste of money and time. If you don't believe it, I have the recorded phone conversation with a customer service person on the phone. He indeed SAID they have these nice unlocked phones, but he DID NOT say it's actually locked for 1 year. Total misleading, such a spam. I can share the recorded voices. But I better not to publish the footage, it's illegal to record phone conversations without the other party's consent and acknowledgment. But you can try, call them and ask about their service and phones, they will say the same thing. But they will not mention to you the 1 year requirement. No wonder so many people are complaining about the same issue.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I left the store with a new cell phone that had not one of my contacts and the damn person or people who work there refused to answer my calls. I called over 200 times the following day (the store). And I was repeatedly treated in a condescending, dismissive, and demeaning manner by Boost Mobile customer service - Do not let them treat you this way as well. It was disgusting and I am ashamed for ever walking into one of their God forsaken stores that are continually being closed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I bought a phone from Boost and they told me it was 32GB and I paid about $100 for it. I get it home and it's only 16GB. The two girls that work there lied to me. They will not return the phone so I called my bank to dispute the charges. Now it is just one huge headache. I want you to not do business with this company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I made an account with CA just to review the customer service dept of Boost Mobile. I have been on the phone with Boost 3 times and received 3 different answers. I am trying to get a new SIM card to activate a Sprint S9+. 1st conversation was great no problems, SIM card was "sent" and to be delivered by FedEx. No SIM delivered. Called and asked what happened, and after 30 minutes of talking to someone, they told me my phone wasn't unlocked. They were to transfer me to Samsung to find a solution (they would do the talking).

Transferred, no Boost associate, wrong company to call, disconnected. I called Sprint on my own, Phone was already unlocked, no problem with it. Called Boost back. The next person told me my phone was not compatible and to sell it and buy one of theirs. I checked my phone compatibility on the Boost site... Compatible... SIM kit available for $9.99!!! And here I thought speaking to someone would be the better choice! Ridiculous and unacceptable...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Bought iPhone 6 and used the service for 6 months. Service was terrible. Couldn't use the phone very often in the house or in certain spots. When I cancelled the service I called customer service to get the phone unlocked so that I could go back to AT&T. Told me they cannot unlock the phone because I haven't had service with them for a year. Really!!! I bought the phone not them so it should not matter. So if you go with this company just buy a cheap phone. In my opinion don't waste your time.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been with BOOST MOBILE for over 1 year. I have noticed that I keep getting alerts that my data has exceeded my USAGE for the MONTH. If I'm paying for UNLIMITED... Why am I receiving alerts about being capped until the next billing cycle? I'm gonna leave.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So basically I order "two" iPhone 6S Plus off the Boost Mobile website and they told me that it was gonna take 3-5 days to come. So I'm over here sitting all to get my order be they have told me that my phone was coming at 8:00 pm come to that day my phone never showed up or anything and I just want to know if I'm gonna get my refund because if I don't that will be my last time working with this company because I feel like what's the point of me working with company if they gonna me happy because they not delivered my stuff.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've been long-term customer with Boost and 5 months ago moved to my new location when I noticed my data being consumed without me using it. I called Boost several times, outside of the USA the only call centers they have and they are rude, hang up, transfer without telling, and basically called me a liar. Boost even ask what websites I visit, don't I have privacy? I reported to the FCC and Sprint/Boost executive office contacts me. The lady's name was Shannon who seemed sweet at first offering up 75% off purchasing a new device with a new IP address as per my request, however, I politely decline because I had just purchased a second device to see if it was in fact my device at fault.

The second device not anyway linked to my same information was linked without my knowledge. I was getting texts about the payment for the new device to my PRIMARY device so I informed Shannon and asked how... She did an investigation and said it was a systematic error! But stands firm that my data consumption is valid. Error error error, they need to get this figured out because I'm sure I'm not alone. In my honest opinion, I feel our identities and service plans are being mirrored, cloned, hacked somehow some way in Sprint/Boost's so-called secured Network. I'm on a small contract and have moved it up and down to please them, and was even told by one rep, "prepaid is not worthy of the service as contract would be." I'm just putting this out there. Boost needs to shape up or ship out!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Cancel order - Never buy a item off Boostmobile.com. It’s like they don’t want to refund you your money. They make you wait forever but it didn’t take long for them to take your money. I been with Boost Mobile over 10 years and I am switching phone companies. They are the worst ever!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I been with Boost Mobile for 15 years and never had a problem until last few months. I used to get great service in my home now I can't even get online or make phone calls or texts. Very dissatisfied. Ready to change companies both my personal account and business accounts.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Well I have been with Boost Mobile for over 5 years and I never had so many problems with my phone until this year when I bought my iPhone. I don’t think it’s the phone. I think it’s their service, I have been getting so many drop calls, my phone has been freezing, not able to use phone when you go so far out of town and all other stuff. So with being said they send my phone a signal and it still did the same thing. I ask them to unlock my phone so that I can go to a different carrier but they refused even though my phone is paid in full.

They tell me about a 12 month policy that they don’t inform their customers about and until the time comes that you want to switch then here is this 12 month unlocking policy which don’t make sense for them to hold you their service if it sucks. So they credited me $60.00 dollars but again my phone still does the same thing. I just need help unlocking my phone without having to pay extra because my phone is paid in full. I already spoke with managers and supervisors which is not the same in their company, but no solution was ever solved. I want to get this issue resolved and switch to different company because they have poor customer service and poor phone service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

For over 3 months I have been having data speed issues with all 4 of the phones on my plan. 2 iPhones 2 Android phones. I call Boost at least 1-2x a week and no one can give me an answer as to why my download speeds are at .50 Mbps when they should be 6-8 Mbps! Had an Apple customer rep on the line today with me and when she requested they give us a manager the Boost Mobile rep refused!!! So done with Boost! Going to another service.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Been a user of iPhone for 10 year, been with Boost Mobile for 4 years now. Updated from iPhone 5 to a 6s fast. Find out I'm not able to get voicemail alert and the visual voicemail has been pulled. Boost tells me my Apple iPhone 6 does not supported. How can a $450 phone in 2018 not supported it, if I wanna know if I have voicemails I need to call it in like in the old days 3/6 times a day. A complete joke. Will be canceling service, spend over 5 hours with Boost rep today. A complete waste of time. They are not helpful and don't seem to know anything about the company they work for.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Last night {07/10/2018} I was text messaging with my granddaughter and the subject came up: "where can I pay my phone bill?" Just as I gave her the website, an AD POPPED UP with the picture of a phone as well as a spiel about the phone and boost website. I was stunned! Now I have ADS in my text messages? I called the company, the customer service rep. {Benjamin} was polite and helpful, he made me aware that there is an APP that has to be removed in order to prevent the ads. Stunned, I DELETED ALL BOOSTMOBILE APPS.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My wife and myself stayed with Boost Mobile from June 2017 to July 2018. We live in the very center of Silicon Valley, next to Apple HQ. The signal was bad in the entire area, download speeds sometimes 10-100x lower than marketed - both on an iPhone and an HTC phone - and it was impossible to hold a VOIP conversation for more than 5 mins without dropping. Noise in the normal calls as well.

Finally, when we decided to cancel the service and move to T-mobile, we were not able to unlock the phones without a long fight with their customer service (that is likely based in India, unaware of the actual issues, and mechanically repeat memorized answers). The cherry on top was when they tried to convince my wife that we were ineligible to have the phones unlocked because a year has 13 months and we were customers for only 12 months... Up to now her iPhone remains locked to their network and it's unclear if they will unlock it or not. Customer service in their stores also cannot (unwilling or not capable?) help and can only refer us to the phone number of the call center in India. This was the worst experience ever with a carrier for us. Happily switched to T-Mobile.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was a loyal customer for over 3 years. I went to my local Boost Mobile store in National City CA. to upgrade my phone. The female technician in the store was unknowledgeable about any of the Boost Mobile devices. When I made a decision to buy a LG Tribune mobile phone she didn't know how to ring up the sales. HORRIBLE SERVICE. She kept making calls to her manager They spoke in Spanish so I couldn't understand what they were saying. I switched to Verizon.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I signed up with Boost Mobile through their promotion of “Bring your own phone and get a month free!" I had an UNLOCKED iPhone and the promotion on the website said it was compatible. I went through the promotion process, activated the phone. It promised a $50 credit would be made to my account. The credit was never applied.

I reached out to customer service and they we so rude and unhelpful. The supervisor Russell didn’t even apologize. My phone was not compatible for the promotion, but for some reason the website allowed it. (You have to type in a device specific ID number to proceed, if it’s not compatible it won’t let you get the promotion.) I had been lied to by a previous customer service rep earlier that day and read all the info from the promo to Russel who just kept repeating he was not going to give me my $50 credit. The only reason I became a customer was because of that promotion, that it stated my device was applicable for. After refused to be of any help I contacted corporates and filed a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I moved to Boost from Sprint a few weeks ago and since day one I started experiencing problems with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy. I had never had any problem with my Samsung while I was on Sprint but just a few days after moving to Boost the phone wouldn't start. I was sent from Boost to Samsung and vice versa, and finally I sent my phone to Samsung for diagnosis. What they told me is that likely when the service change happened the new software wasn't compatible with the hardware and they had to repair it. I called Boost and after a long conversation one of the managers told me that she was putting a request to approve a $70 credit for the inconvenience and that I would hear back within 72h.

I never hear back and when I called back a week later I was told that nothing was documented and that they couldn't do anything. First I talked with a manager (Luis) who said that if they wanted to do it, they can, without the need to escalate, but that they don't want to. Then I talked with another manager (Benjamin) who was also unwilling to help. The manager to whom I spoke last week also promised that my account would be suspended for the time the phone is being with Samsung so I could get a credit for these days. Boost is now saying that they won't. Once again there is no documentation on the notes. This is completely disrespectful and very unprofessional. Beware Boost, so far the worst customer service I've ever experience. They are liars, unprofessional and unwilling to help.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I moved to a location where my Boost Mobile phone does not work. Contacted them to get my phone unlocked and they refused because I had not been with them 12 months. I have been with them 11 months. They would not be helpful in any way. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: June 27, 2018

These people had no concern for me at all. I bought a phone online refurbished and then when I turned the phone on there was an issue with the speaker. I was given the number for Brightstar claims which took a week to send me an email. Took another week for them to receive the phone and a week to send me one. They then sent me a phone with the same issue. In this amount of time I lost my job. I promptly called and requested my money back because I don't have 4 more weeks to wait on another faulty phone. They wouldn't return me anything!! I explained I didn't use the phone. I got it and returned it. They didn't care. I went to Metro where they care for their customers. As a single mom I don't like being taken advantage of.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have not been able to make or receive phone calls and texts since June 17, 2018. They claimed that my SIM card was not compatible with my phone, they sent my SIM to someone in North Carolina, then I finally get it and it looks just like the one they said was not compatible. I put it in my phone and it did not fix the issue, so I had to get back on the phone with Boost rude workers and today is June 26, 2018. I do not have any service. Do not waste your time and money going to Boost Mobile, I should have never left AT&T.

I have not been with Boost 6 months and they think I'm going to buy a new phone. They finally transfer me to ZTE and they say I have to send the phone in for repairs and Boost don't do loaner phones. I get the RMA from ZTE and went on the website to submit the warranty paperwork so that I could send the phone in for repairs. The ZTE website says there is a 12 month warranty on their devices; when I put in the serial number for my device it says the device is not under warranty. Sounds like a scam is being run by Boost and ZTE to give customers crappy phones that don't work long and make them buy new phones.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with my services things like call dropping no data etc. So I finally decided to take my device elsewhere and found out that Boost Mobile have their customers under a blind contract. They lock devices and refuse to unlock them unless you stay with them for at least 12 months. Upon calling customer service I was told that customers don’t need to know that policy unless they are trying to switch companies even if you are unhappy with their services.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Boost has great coverage in my area but the customer service... just crap. First I get online chat asking questions about switching my son from Verizon to our family plan. The CSR pulls account, says I have to go in store and I will get a free phone, 1st month prorated, and he can keep his #. So I call a number of stores asking if they have a particular phone and I finally get one that says she's holding one in her hand.

So I go out of my way to go to that store on one of the hottest days we've seen and GUESS WHAT she doesn't have that particular phone, then proceeds to go through 30 minutes of questions and a difficult phone call to my son stepmother (as you may guess... hates me) to get the acct info and PIN # to port his phone #, and ONLY THEN she takes my name and tells me that I've had my current family plan too long. In other words it's an old plan and we aren't allowed to have the same perks as the "new" family plan... THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!!! Customer service is a joke... I'm at the end of my rope with them.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Boost Mobile Company Information

www.boostmobile.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business