3.7/5 (968 ratings)

About Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Boost customer service is absolutely the worst. The phone my son had stop working so, I made these decisions to move on and wanted a transfer pin and the account number. Spent 3 hours. No results. I plan to escalate to the FCC. Consumers have all rights to change poor service. Customer service hung up in my face after requesting to speak to upper management. I will write reviews all over the sites. Do not do business with Boost.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I have been with Boost for over ten years and in the last year since we have HAD to upgrade we have had problems. Bad connection, dropped calls, and no signal, plus we bought a boost phone from Walmart they claim is reported lost or stolen! I'm done. Will be moving on!!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

How are you paying 60 dollars a month for unlimited data, talk and text when you receive a message from Boost Mobile that your data is slowing down and your payment do is 15 damn days away, this is the worst carrier service in the industry. I wouldn’t recommend Boost Mobile to anyone. They lied about their completing some work on their system and I was experiencing technical problems and not being able to use my apps etc at all for two months and never compensate for their mistakes, it’s false advertising when you describe unlimited data talk and text.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I ordered a phone for my mother who only uses her phone to make phone calls. Boost Mobile offered an on-line option for $8.33 / month prepaid for the year. Received the phone in the mail, and tried to activate the phone on-line. Told me that the coverage for the area was not adequate, even though all previous checking said I'd have good coverage. Called customer service and finally was able to speak with someone to get the phone activated. After about 20 minutes on the phone, the rep asked me what plan I wanted. Told me the least expensive plan was $35/mo. Told me I had to go to a store to get that rate. OK...fine. Go to the store and ask about the $100/year rate...Oh...That's not available in the store...only on-line. So registration on-line doesn't work, and the only way you can get the $100/yr rate is on-line, so it's not a true option...but not what I purchased the phone, I'm stuck with a $15/month plan.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Terrible reception and unhelpful customer service. Had no service at our home for over a week only to be told it's the tower, they didn't know if they were going to repair it or change towers, and they had no information on when a decision would be made. No recourse or money back for not having functional phones, just told it would hopefully be fixed soon. We changed providers instead of wait for something that as far as I know, hasn't been fixed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Constant spam calls on their network. They offer to SELL you an additional service to reduce spam calls. Why should we be forced to pay more to stop spam? Looking now to switch to another provider that values their customers more.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Bought a yearly plan cell phone sim card kit and wanted to transfer a number port in. Entered all the necessary information, and message said "There's something wrong. Tried later" ... First chatted with the representative online, they tried to help but same problem. They asked to call and talk to the Port Support Team to help. I called and get the same result. They admitted that there is a system issue that not able to do the transfer. They said I can get it done by going to the store. I went to the store and the store wanted to charged me $35 to activate the service. It's ridiculous that it suppose it's free to activate, but they said there's charges to activate in the store. Then contacted the representative again, they said they have transferred my case to the Port Support Team but after a week, there's no news or response. Finally decide to cancel the services and wanted to get money back because it's unable to activate the services.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I purchased a simcard from Boost Mobile - order no ** on 7/24/22 - also authorized auto-pay if I buy cell phone service from boost mobile - but as my phone for which I bought this simcard was not working properly I decided not to use the simcard that I purchased from boost mobile - in spite of this some agent at boost mobile activated this simcard in a phone that was not mine and charged $ 25.96 to my Paypal account - I reported this matter as a fraud to boost mobile and Paypal but boost mobile has not refunded my money so far - Ashvin **

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I left Xfinity because of bad customer service. I told the man at boost this He told me the hours open local store in Lafayette Indiana always answer phones. told me all about their great help. So i signed up. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get help. called every hour for one day no one answered no answering machine to leave message. 2 times I drove 25 miles to talk to someone. both times store was closed. ON day 2 I went to another store. The guy was playing games on his(very busy). I told him I had a question. He told me a CHARGE of 10.00DOLLars for any and all customer service. Really this is the great CUSTOMER SERVICE I signed up for!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I was a Virgin Mobile customer for many years, then Boost Mobile bought them out. The switch was easy/convenient, I have a 2 phone plan that is very affordable. When I was with Virgin Mobile I loved my service, I rarely dropped calls and had efficient internet availability. After Boost bought out VM, I had to buy new phones because ours were very outdated, we had the Samsung S7 and in January 2022 they became obsolete due to 3G no longer being supported. I bought the Samsung A53 and A32. Over the last 6 months I have seen our service deteriorate at a rapid pace. I hardly ever have internet/data available and multiple times a day I have a circle with a line thru it indicating I have NO service available whatsoever. It is maddening god forbid I have an emergency and need my phone because I likely will not be able to use it.

I have spoken with numerous representatives that have offered many apologies but not one of them can help the situation. Don't bother going to any of their stores either as they will just hand you an 800 number to call. I am on the $50/unlimited plan for 2 phones and I am going to have to go to a different provider. I would have left before now but I just bought these phones and don't want to spend a bunch of money on new phones, however, that is the plan before the end of the year. I live near a large college campus (Notre Dame) and on their coverage map it shows I should have perfect coverage. Completely NOT TRUE. Don't waste your time/money or your sanity with them, go with a different provider. Very, frustrated.

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

Boost Mobile Company Information