1.51/5

887 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Bought LG K30 at Boost online. The phone is defective - when you text a photo to someone they received a different photo from your files. It's been only 6 days I have it. Customer service ask higher management if I could return or exchange. Management decided I can't return because it's been 10 days from FedEx shipment. All I can do is to sent it to LG company to repair it. I won't buy anymore on Boost online (even it's discounted). Too much headaches. I be planning to switch to a new carrier. Maybe a little expensive... but it's what we pay for is what we get.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

First off I would like to say that I have used Boost Mobile service for about 5 years and never once had an issue or problem. I have been trying to unlock my sim to switch to a new carrier (which I didnt really want to do) for almost 2 weeks now and for whatever reason no one that I've dealt with seems to have a clue how to do it. First I went to my local Boost Mobile store here in Waco TX and the guy said that I absolutely could not unlock my device to switch carriers. So I call the customer service number and the lady tells me it will take 24-48 hrs and I should get a text.

50 hours later I call customer service again and the guy tells me that it actually takes 72 hrs so I ask to speak to a supervisor. He then claims no supervisor was working but I was adamant so eventually he transferred me. So I was hopeful and after waiting over 20 minutes the supervisor tells me that it actually takes 48 hrs business days. It is actually ridiculous that not one person seems to really know how long it takes or what is going on. They just tell you something so that they will not have to deal with the problem.

It's bad enough that now it will be almost 2 weeks of no phone service all because no one knows what the hell is going on. I have always raved about how great Boost Mobile service was but after this experience I will never use Boost again all because of the people that represent them and if my phone does not get unlocked within the next 48 hrs like that supervisor said to me I will smash this phone.

There is no reason that the people representing the company shouldn't be trained well enough to assist someone when they call with an issue. It's bad enough to have to call the customer service number but then to be lied to and treated like an inconvenience it's a wonder this company is even still going. I know you can afford some extra training to teach all your employees how to look on the computer and read the information that is given. If not then time to do some rehiring for sure. Also it doesn't make sense to me how it can take 48-72 hrs to unlock a phone when all other carriers can do it in a matter of minutes.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Boost Mobile has some good cheap monthly plans but could do a lot better with phone selection. When they do offer an okay phone it seems to always be sold out. Don't understand why they can't offer at least a few more options to choose from.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Boost has an unlimited plan promotion for $50.00 a month if you bring a Verizon phone unlocked, activate it, pay the first month for $50.00 and then after one month they will credit your account $50.00. Well the month is over and they will not give us the $50.00 credit. They are saying the phone is either a Boost or Sprint phone so we are not entitled to the promotion. I have the IMEI number which shows it is a Verizon phone. They lie. It is all a SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been a Boost Mobile customer for 8 years. I have paid my bill on time all these 8 years. The first time I needed them, their customer service hung up on me several times and I was told different things from different reps. They barely speak English. I requested them to unlock my iPhone 5s, but they did not because they said the phone has to be active in their network for at least 365 days... Well... it was for 4 years, but I disconnected it to upgrade to an iPhone 8 also purchased directly from them. I was never told the iphone had to still be in account to unlock the phone! It does not cost you anything to unlock the phone. It is not like I had the phone for 3 months... I kept that phone active for 4 years with boost mobile only. So if you need them, you cannot count on them because they will not even open an exception for someone who never asked for nothing and has been a loyal customer for many years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Hi. Boost Mobile lies and extorts. 4G nationwide is a lie and I have video to prove it. Drive through 4 states FL, AL, MS and Louisiana over 300 miles of interstate ten... Customer service lies. Misrepresents itself and continues to allow harassment and neglect. I program and know how to do a few things... Gave the NOCC specific IP info. Traceroutes years ago. Still not a thing has been done. And if you Boost Mobile AKA Sprint cannot send an email to your customers then you should not have a licenses to communicate in the U.S.A. FCC GOT A COPY OF THIS ALSO! Detailed info on their network proves they can not do what they say they can do... Privacy rights and damages to property abound in this network Sprint AKA BOOST MOBILE... Loss of productivity I have recorded and notated in the 100s of hours as of today's load of lies. This is from a program that used to load PCs before email on a cassette tape.

UPDATE ON 10/17/2018:Connection speeds average less than 256 Kbytes... Refusing to respond in writing via email or regular mail. Posting on Boost forums led nowhere since it is NOT a Boost Mobile site. Waiting 2 years now for Boost Mobile to send me a phone to be able to fix this one. Great way to never fix a phone or identify the problems. Drove through four states and 3 counties in FLA. And NEVER WAS THERE A 4G NOTIFICATION OR connection. Class action lawsuit...???

Plans to back charge Boost for 200 hours of time and 24 months x $50.00... A new phone... and possibly a few criminal felony charges to the call center's supervisors and CEOs... DOD OF USA stay off my line... You are wasting time persecuting me when you should be looking elsewhere for a terrorist abuse of the Patriot Act and about 3 constitutional rights. Shut down this company FCC, for it should never have gotten a licensees to communicate, if it can not do so (no email service from reps to customers...).

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I paid for my 50 dollar unlimited plan 9/29/2018. Been with Boost for almost 5 years. Always paid every month on time. Unfortunately some things came up and I got a new phone, service and number 10/8/2018. I called to cancel my account and see if I could get a prorated refund since I was not using the full 30 days unlimited service. I was told by Boost Mobile account affairs representative and her supervisor Rainy that I would not be able to recuperate any of my funds since I talked on the phone for at least 15 minutes. Which is nowhere stated to the customers when they pay for the Boost Mobile no contract unlimited prepaid plans. They cannot give me any answers on why this is not explained and they have no regards for customer satisfaction even if they are outstanding customers.

In all honesty it sounds like a big scam. I’ve been with many other companies, I’ve never heard such policies. I was not asking for a full refund. I was simply asking for a prorated amount to be credited to my debit card since I will not be using the full month service. That seemed to be a huge issue with Boost Mobile. I’m very disappointed that companies like this operate and are able to get away with these scams. If you plan on going with Boost Mobile be very aware that they are crooks and will do anything to try to scam you out of your money with a hidden policy. Such as the 15 minute policy on an UNLIMITED PLAN for 50 bucks. You know how many people talk more than 15 minutes when they first activate their Reboost card! Guess it’s my loss for be loyal to such scam artists as long as I did.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

0 stars! If the button would allow it I would rate it a -100! I have never dealt with the level of unprofessionalism that I have experienced at this location in my 35 years of life. On August 27th my husband & I ported our lines over from another company. The process can take additional time (I understand that I worked for a cellular company myself) but after a few hrs we realized something was wrong. The gentleman who handled our phones (who is no longer employed with the company, wonder why) was new, in training (2 of the 3 staff members were that day).

Instead of the mgr overseeing his work she was running her mouth & doing else-wise so of course he ported them to the wrong phones! We were told give him some time he'll fix it! Came back an hr later the DM informs us accidents happen & it's nothing she can do to fix the mistake! The phones we initially picked was based upon our needs as the consumer! We did our homework! So now you have 2 unhappy customers! So what does she do, offer to give us a gracious discount on our bill & she will call us tomorrow to see if she can resolve the issue (get another LG Stylo in or swap with customer care assistance)! A month later as we assumed, I hate my phone, he hates his phone (still no phone call) our phone bills arrive with no discount whatsoever.

This BS now has me 2 hrs late for work because I don't have my phone service. I met a very nice young man who was at the job site early who wasn't rude (I may have been considering I'm not on the clock, & the business hasn't even opened) & I asked him would the mgr Amy crews be in today? He said no. He asked if he could assist me with something, so I explained the situation. He said, "Give me a moment & I'll call her & see if we can rectify the situation," Apologized for my inconvenience. (This is professionalism, Amy needs to take note!)

So, I proceed to go back sit in my car at 9:53 Rashawn (the only professional individual in this situation) motioned to me to come inside. I apologized again because again this young man is not open & he is doing what a mgr should do in this case to pls the customer! Rashawn got the entire story. He called his mgr, Amy who was very rude (for the record your phone voice isn't professional, he wasn't on speaker, he's not a child he's a grown man so she should address him as such) was so rude I overheard her with his volume on low with her ** as to she didn't promise that blah, blah, blah.

I asked for her boss she wouldn't give the info to him so basically I will spend the remainder of my day flagging every social media outlet & website rating with 0 until I get a damn phone call from her boss! My # is ** to whomever her boss is! I want you to know Amy does not meet any expectation of professionalism that I have seen set forth by any respectable business! You can't make broken promises to a customer & expect them not to react or question your ethics & leadership!

How a mgr runs their store is a depictment of how their employees govern themselves! Thankfully Rashawn must have some outside training because if he were to run the store the way Amy does Boost Mobile would have no customers! Amy needs to take customer service 101. If I treated a customer the way Amy did I would be fired without any hesitation! I hope that her boss doesn't want others to think this is the way he or she wants business to be conducted in their franchises, because if so I fear for the integrity of boost corporate itself!

Amy failed to realize that she could have avoided this complaint had she just did 1 small thing... keep her promise! Rashawn thank you for attempting to do what a mgr is supposed to do! He wasn't rude! He didn't have me on speaker phone! And despite the fact he should have he didn't throw Amy under the bus although she was very rude & disrespectful to him in the presence of me, the customer which is never acceptable!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This company has no value for its customers, also outsourced customer service adds to further communication hurdles. After waiting a couple weeks the preowned S7 came off back order. Before pulling the trigger I spoke with a sales rep to make sure the promotion for $50 of account credit was still available. The sales rep informed me that it was available through 10/1/2018 if I jumped through a couple of hoops. So; 1. I ordered the preowned phone online, 2. I activated the phone online, and 3. I paid my first 2 months of service.

Now along the way there was a $10 reactivation fee (to activate a Boots device on boosts own network... WTF), then the basic plan was raised by $5 a month, and lastly the $50 credit was only available for the $50 a month plan. After 2 and a half hours of outsourced "that's not my department BS" they told me to go with a different carrier if there really was a better deal, and that they had no incentive to help me because I was a new customer... WOW. The old saying goes "you get what you pay for" or in this case maybe less. Thanks, Boost. :)

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I went to North Carolina and my phone would only get internet if I could use wifi and I could not get calls. I added my daughter on to my plan. Went the week before and asked what I needed to do to. Was NOT told I needed to pay $35 for a sim card for my daughter's iPhone until then. I just LOVE how these places don't give you all the info you need... real slick!! Now I have people telling me when they call me they get a message saying the phone is disconnected!!

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs