Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.20/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have been a Boost customer for years now.. well over 10 years. I have not had any problems with Boost that they could not fix. And not only fix the problem, but they also have credited me up to $75.00 for the hassle. I had the unlimited plan for 50 a month with that included a grace period of 10 days or something from the day your bill was due to make payment. What they did not say your pay day will stay the same. Another time my data was messed up on my second phone on my plan, they actually paid my months bill that time.

My only complaint is I am eligible for BOOSTUP. Kinda. Well, come to find out... I had owed Sprint money for a phone bill. I didn't pay so they sent me to a collection agency. I settled with that collection agency. 5 months down the road, I see this boostup option. I go online, add phone to my online cart, check out and they tell me something went wrong call Sprint. Well they say, I can't get the phone under boostup option unless I pay the remaining balance of what I owed Sprint. It's like $300 and something... BUT they will knock off $125 let's say..SMH. I refused. I was under the impression that I settled my debt thru the collection agency and I no longer owe Sprint. So they screwed me. Sprint screwed me good.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Virgin Mobile was my phone company. Now it's Boost. They have a nice choice of phones to choose from. Also they have many plans to pick from too. I like prepaid phone for the sole reason that you can't order stuff unless you have money on your account. Another good feature is same with games. These phones have everything the other big companies do. Best feature is when your month of prepaid is up they remind you to top up. What is good about this if it happens to be a tough week with bills or money flow you don't have to top up then. You can wait a week or more until you have cash to do it. Other companies just keep hitting you up and before you know it you owe 2oo hundred dollars for a phone that has been shut off because you couldn't afford it at the time. Prepaid is the way to go if you are not rich.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I would recommend this company because of the value but the service is great also. I am happy I didn't have to sign a multi year plan and I can't get surprisingly high bills if someone goes over their data. I recently switched to this company during the holidays when I got my son his 1st phone. I have a family of 4 plan. It is $100 a month with unlimited talk, text, and data. At that price, I was worried about having spotty service and/or slow data. But, since we've been with Boost we haven't had any issues. I've only seen my phone in 3g a few times for a couple minutes. All the other times I've had 4G. Another thing that is always important to me is the quality of the phone. I can say I'm happy with all 4 phones we purchased.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

The only bad thing that ever happened to me was a surprise activation fee when I decided to upgrade to a newer phone in store (Moto to LG G6). But the woman in store told us before charging it. Otherwise the service was mostly good; although at some points, it'd say I have 4G in an area, but nothing would load. It wasn't constant enough for me to be upset that much. Things I love about Boost: the taxes are already factored into the plan. I get an even amount taken from my account every month, so I know what to expect. I also love that I can get pretty good coverage in Mexico for only $5 extra. It's a total deal.

Recently, I'm thinking of switching services only because I don't get coverage in Canada, which come on?? You can have coverage in Mexico but not Canada? I travel to both places for a fair amount of time, and I just need something that can work in both places so my family doesn't worry about me too much when I go traveling.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I am so appalled that there are so many bad reviews for this company. I LOVE how cheap my family plan is for my husband and me. Unlimited 4G data on both lines with 12 GB of recurring hotspot for $80!!! (We got the extra GB randomly one year when Boost sent us a message thanking us for being loyal customers!! I think we had 5 before?) It’s by far the cheapest data plan and I have had no problem with service. Anytime I’ve ever needed to speak to customer service - the people were always professional and tended to my needs. I do love the BoostUP program and was able to get the new iPhone 11!! ☺️ I refuse to switch to any other service provider. I am strong on my word when I say Boost Mobile is amazing!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I've been a Boost mobile customer for around 8 years and have seen their customer service deteriorate drastically over time. It's to the point now, I can't connect with anyone who speaks English proficiently and takes a tremendous amount of time to overcome language barriers. In one of my calls this year, the customer service representative and I had to pause often until roosters crowing in her background allowed us to hear each other.

After hours of attempting to overcome language barriers to change my account, the wrong account was set up and the only reason I resisted correcting it was because of the time it would have taken to correct it through speaking to customer service. After eventually getting around to end the account, I was told that I am not allowed to end my account and they will continue charging me. Most recently, I was told from two customer service representatives that they will not let me end my child's cell phone account or automatic payments that I pay for and that I must report them to my financial institution as the only hope of ending my accounts with them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

3 years and I'm done. No data or internet no matter whether I have wifi or not. Customer service blamed towers, our phones, when asked to speak with a supervisor told me one would call never did. Told hold on the line one would pick up and they sent me to file a claim on my phone. Switching to T-Moblie. They gave them a hard time and deleted 2 of my phone numbers out of 3. Boost never took responsibility for there poor service or customer service. They hold your account number so you have to call them to get it so they can try to keep you from leaving.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

So I have had a family plan for almost 2 years, with 5 lines. I’ve had some here and there issues but for the most part I’m not easy to rouse do nothing I thought complaint worthy. Other than the plan randomly switching without my permission, (I just had to call them and have them switch it back) I haven’t had many issues. Recently my husband and I got iPhones and switched them. He works in construction and his broke. Somehow the insurance I have had the entire time I’ve had these phones was gone, but I wasn’t even tripping about it because I know I didn’t notice it earlier and would be out of luck a anyway.

We switched his number back to an old android. Well he was sending texts fine but wasn’t getting text messages from everyone, only some people. So he called tech support. Went in circles changing network settings, factory resetting, and several hours and several reps later he was told he needed to buy a new phone. Ok. Buy the new phone, still having the same problem. Called them back. Same procedures, several reps later going in circles. We said, "Hey, we’ve done this, it isn’t working, but we are going from Apple to Android. Maybe that’s the issue?" They want us to factory reset the brand. new. phone....again.... Ok then they want us to call back bc the girl didn’t want to wait the 5 mins for the phone to reset.... Are you kidding.... We didn’t want to explain this again to the 5th or 6th person after the hour we’d been on the phone but after protesting agreed to a supervisor call back that day (Wednesday) still unresolved and no call by Sunday.

I called back about a billing issue (My family plan got switched without my approval and without notifying me, like I mentioned happens often). Spoke to Shiam (probably spelled wrong, sorry friend). He was amazing, fixed that then proceeded to help me with the texting issue, but I wasn’t with my husband or his phone, so he offers to call me back, ave actually did the same day, within the hour like he said, amazing....a “lowly” customer service rep, also looked and listened to me when I told him about the iPhone to android I realized it was only iPhones that couldn’t receive my husbands texts at this point and after a few mins Shiam mentions I probably need to deregister iMessages....Wow ace that was the problem.

Bought a new $130 phone for nothing, no sup callback, and hours on the phone with no resolution, not to mention 2 wks of limited service. 2 yrs deep loyal customer with 5 lines, thousands of dollars invested and what am I worth? A $10 credit to my account. Spent $130 on the phone I didn’t need, but they will give me $10. I’m sooo taking my loyal service elsewhere. Sad. Except for Shiam.... He’s great. He should train the tech Dep’t and the supervisors.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

They advertise 4g but I might be getting 3g. Haven't had service this bad since AOL in late 90s. Has to be the slowest service with a very limited coverage area. If you like dial-up internet from 20 years ago you'll love Boost.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have had Boost Mobile prepaid service for several years. In June of 2020 my phone went out of service. I tried to get into my account and couldn't, (because I was being hacked). I went to a Boost Mobile store to report this problem, the clerk called Boost Corporate and two days later my service came back. Too bad the hackers had drained my bank account of $485.00!! I disputed the charges. Hundreds of calls were made to Central America while my phone was out of service! That started my many calls and chats with Boost Customer-No-Service!

In July phone went out of service again. Put on hold, transferred, hung up on, accused of not paying my bill, told I must have given my PIN to a family member. Over and over and over again. Told the only way to get my service back is to pay the $485.00 that I disputed. I have filed a report with local police and IdentityTheft.gov. One rep finally called back and admitted it was a hacking. Told me to email my information to legal inquiries at Sprint(?). That was July 10, 2020. Have never heard back from them!!

Sept 10, 2020 I started the phone calls again. Agents tell me over and over Boost has no Fraud Team! They only require a 4 digit numerical password, yet they refuse to believe you can be hacked. To date I have made complaints with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau. I don't know if I will ever get my money back. I had to switch service and buy a new phone, and now that is being used against me ("Your account is suspended!"). DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!

Boost Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team