1.24/5

1004 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have been a Boost Customer for a very long time, I've switched to almost every other company but found myself coming back. I'm reading so many bad reviews but truth is Metro service sucks. AT&T and Verizon are way too high. So like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Boost is just right.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I recently was locked out of my phone for 2 days. I tried both days for a total of 8 hours in all to get the phone opened to start from scratch and put everything I remember back into the phone. I called Samsung, my phone is made by, who could not help me. I called my phone carrier and they could not help me. Both tried, as I said for the 8 hours in the two days service was lost. Then I decided to get another phone. I went to the Boost Mobile store in Saint Charles, Md mall and Miss ** took my phone, asked a few questions about passwords and my phone came alive. I was the happiest person on earth that I didn't have to buy a phone and try to put everything back in. Miss ** knows her phones. I was so happy I offered her a tip which she refused without hesitation. Boost Mobile is my store from now on but only in St. Charles, Md. Thank you Miss **.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

It's not the greatest company, I only like the idea that you don't have to pay extra fee like tax. The tax is included in the amount you pay each month. Their customer service is not that great, they sometimes are rude and don't know that you are trying to explain to them the problem.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have been with Boost for over 2 years and have always had great service with them, even customer service online and in store. Best service I ever had with great pricing on phones and plans. Also, every year I get new phone, the ladies in my local store are the best, they know me personally and what I'm looking for!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I can’t believe that Boost doesn’t have a universal 5 star rating. They are the lowest cost cell/data I’ve found anywhere and the plans are totally flexible. I was able to suspend for two months when I was out of the country, it took maybe 5 minutes on the phone to set that up. Good luck doing that with AT&T. I have had perfect service in Florida, Washington DC, rural Pennsylvania, Buffalo/Syracuse NY, and Chicago. My plan is the $35 re-boost with growing data. With autopay you get $5 a month off as well as a growing data amount that goes up to 5GB with no extra cost. It’s been great and I’ll stay with Boost until I’m dead and decomposing I go soft, fertile earth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I had been with Boost for a few years and finally had enough. The customer service is horrible and the comprehension of communicating with the reps is the most frustrating thing ever. My most recent interaction is that I had two lines.. Got mine switched and had to wait to get my sons transferred for multiple reasons. I finally switched to high T-Mobile, but refuse to go back to Boost. I'd rather NOT have service at all. I will literally go back to a rotary phone. My son had issues with his phone causing us to get the same phone from Apple, but a replacement.

I called Boost to get the account number to switch carriers and was not informed that I would not be able to use the phone because of the activation date of the replacement phone. However, next day I am trying to get it ported and it did not work. I had to call back and was informed that I had to wait a year for the replacement phone to be unlocked when we have had service on the same model phone for years. I hate Boost with a passion and I don't normally say this. It is a major disappointment and gives me anxiety every time I have to call them. I've had multiple complaints and nothing, but a weak you know what apology. Just throw the whole company in the trash. Oh, but wait they still have to service the folks that can't afford to switch carriers. Crying shame..

Original review: July 17, 2019

Every time I contact this store for issues I am told to contact customer service or bring my phone in. When I take the phone in the staff has no clue and the manager is always busy or out of the place. Service has changed big time.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Okay so today July 15th 2019 I called Boost because they canceled my account. But I paid for my ** and then I call them and I say, "Why is my account canceled?" They said because I didn’t pay but I did. I said, "Can I show y’all a picture of my bank statement that I did pay so get my ** account activated?" But they said, "No you have to pay $30 then we will activate it." So I’m like, "What in the ** are y’all talking about?" So I hang up and call them again. This time they said I have to pay $50 to get my account activated. So they don’t know wtf they are doing when I pay $80 a month every month never later. So I give up on them. They suck **. Sorry guys but don’t do Boost. Do T-Mobile. It’s a lot better.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have been with Boost Mobile for over a year until today. I have been experiencing service issues for weeks. Absolutely no service while at work which is 12 hours a day. Called and spoke with rep concerning issues 7 times and was told I could not receive a refund. I advise you to save your money.

Original review: July 9, 2019

The worst and I mean the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Their representatives either know nothing or lie to you about what they can and cannot do. They give you the run around and send you to another representative who also knows nothing and can barely understand English. They give you a fake name and won't solve the simplest issues. They only want your money and then they try to hold your number hostage if you don't pay right after signing up. They only know what is in front of them on a computer screen and can't do anything manually. I even had 1 representative fall asleep on the phone after they told me to hold please and I could hear him breathing. Even the supervisors are morons. Never ever get service with them because they hire degenerates off the streets of Bangladesh who are slower than special needs kids.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs