1.31/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Boost Mobile

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Boost Mobile Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

AVOID this cellphone company at all costs!! Their customer service agents barely speak English, so good luck with refunds, etc. The only thing they SEEM to understand is about taking your money. If I were stranded in the middle of nowhere, this carrier would be the LEAST reliable. Nothing but facts. Switch to Verizon or AT&T.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Our store owner is such a thief and liar. Customer service is just as bad. I have no service at my home whatsoever. 2 hours on the phone with call and a account credit was promised. Nothing yet and it’s been 2 weeks. Twice I paid my bill before the due date and had no service the day after due date. These people are crooked as they come and lie through their teeth. If I could give less than 1 star I would. Changing service this week. Sad that they can treat you this way and get away with it. I guess they don’t care what type of people represent them. Scum of the earth as far as I’m concerned. Need to be put out of business.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have repeatedly call Boost Mobile. I do not get service. My 4G does not work with full bars. All it does is buffer. I had spoke to Boost Mobile multiple times for them to fix my service. I always get an excuse that they're working on the towers. I've been with them for three years. In the last 6 months I have not had service that works. My data does not work. Went to Colorado. Had no service whatsoever. Could not even call 911. I am so disappointed with this. They were supposed to call me back and I have never received a call back.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Ok here's my experience with Boost Mobile; I have a LG phone which was purchased at a local Boost Mobile store and it's a very good phone. Lg makes a good product. Upon showing this phone to my son he liked the phone so well that he himself purchased the same Boost Mobile phone at which time I added him on my family plan. So we both have an account with Boost Mobile in which for a couple of months seemed to be fine but then somehow the sim card ended up lost out of his phone (which is not itself the fault of Boost Mobile) so my son purchased a $10 dollar sim card kit at Wal-Mart (their sim card kits cost $9 dollars more than all the other carriers for some reason).

And so he contacts again Boost Mobile to register one of the four sim cards purchased at Wal-Mart and finds that none of the four were compatible with his phone so he orders one (from Boost Mobile which are free unless you go to a local Boost Mobile then you'll shell out a whopping $25 dollars for their oh so special sim cards and anyway the sim card kit finally arrives and so he proceeds again contacting Boost Mobile to register one of the four sim cards to only find that neither one of those four were compatible with his phone. So again Boost Mobile supposedly sends another sim card kit to him but it never arrives so once again my son contacts Boost Mobile and they supposedly send another sim card kit which never arrives so my son again frustratingly contacts Boost Mobile to order once again another sim card kit which this time finally arrives a week later.

And again he contacts Boost Mobile to have this time singular sim card to have it registered to once again to only find that it is also not compatible with his phone so once again he (very frustrated by now) contacts Boost Mobile to order another sim card and finally gets to speak with one of the higher up associates which informs him that the right sim card would be sent this time and that for all the inconvenience that a $50 credit would be added to the account for next month's invoice statement and that she would immediately add to the family plan account but to only find that to be a dissimulating misrepresented falsehood.

And still my son (in which case is also my one and only caregiver) is left with a phone without service which has already been paid and also which I am not able to contact if and when a emergency occurs and also leaving this fortuity of juncture with Boost Mobile unresolved with because of which would not only be irksome aggravating annoying frustrating and exasperating but also would result on my part a loss of funds.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

My 2 week endeavor begins with the decision to upgrade my phone and pay off the leasing plan I had been paying on since I only had 27$ left to pay anyway. I had decided that I wanted the iPhone XR. 33-ish dollars a month isn't that bad for a phone with a few years worth of life cycle left. Unfortunately not one Boost Mobile rep in my area had it in stock. I called everyone within probably 200 miles to no avail. Every one of them said they only carried the IPhone 6. As old as that is, I wasn't interested. I'll just look online. I gave up after not being able to find it locally for about a week. Work, life, etc, I was busy.

So that payday rolls around. I finally look online. They have it available to order. It's 100$ off too! What a win. I go and pay off the lease agreement thinking I can order the phone I want. This couldn't be further from what actually happens. I begin placing my order for the Boost-Up plan. It states 1$ down and 12$ for shipping. That's where they get you. The payment amount ended up being $55.43, at the time of purchase. The part where they charge you for taxes is in the fine print. Just borderline invisible. Fine, I'll pay this predatory BS. Just send me my phone.

I finally get the order through, and everything paid. The money was deducted from the account and everything seems good. Next day shipping means it will be here Monday. I got excited way to early. Went to check the status of my order the next morning to find that it had been canceled. Fine, I'll call and see what the issue is. I spoke to 3 different people, and they all gave me a run around with no real information. I was told that I didn't have an email on file, which I did. I was told to wait 72 hours so their system could sync. That is BS, because I had to call CS and confirm my payment for the previous lease went through per the Boost Mobile store rep.

The lady finally started trying get the order to go through again BY RESTARTING THE WHOLE PROCESS. I told her I will be switching carriers, and that I really appreciate her doing nothing to help me. I thought maybe the order would go through if I tried again, so I did, and got the same results. I literally can't with Boost Mobile. I've been a customer with them for 10 years+ and they treat me like this? I'll be going to someone else asap. They are predatory liars who will screw you at all costs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Boost mobile is terrible, I switched over to boost 6-7 months ago and never been late and always had a credit. For unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel service and requested the remaining $67 I was going to have left to just be refunded. Well since the credit was put on in July I can't get it back because it was too long ago so pretty much they are keeping my money.

I then ask for a statement whether electronic or paper to show my bank to at least try to see if I could get the last $55 I sent in JULY back since that's the only option I was given to try and I need a subpoena for that. Customer service was terrible and kept making me wait to talk to a supervisor that never seemed to come and what customer service employee says "my bad" when you point out the answer to a question he just asked was already asked and I had to point that out because he obviously wasn't paying attention. I will never go with boost again. I've NEVER had a problem like this before with any other company. I'm very disappointed and hope this is seen before you decide to go with boost.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I have been a Boost Mobile user for about 6+ years. I have had few problems until last Wednesday. I called Boost about not being able to access internet or make phone calls. I was on the call with their IT department for 58 minutes while he was trying to troubleshoot it, and at the end of that call, I was still having issues, and the IT guy told me it was probably my phone and for me to call manufacturer. He told me by the area code I gave him, it didn't show any service issues, so it again it was probably my phone. I did not agree it was my phone, so I waited and tried the internet later after I left the current area I was in, and sure enough it worked.

So, the next day I called Boost what happened and since I wasn't able to use my services for the 2 days I had the issues, I thought I should get a credit. What came out of the customer service rep's mouth shocked me. She said she had no record of me calling so obviously I never had a problem. I explained, I have been a customer for years, I have no reason to lie, and to add, I have the call that I made from my company phone on the caller id. She again refused me service. I was so enraged I told her, "Well ma'am if the company I am a customer with thinks I am lying I no longer need to be a customer with Boost." She told me she hopes I stay and hung up. That enraged me more.

So, based on that I went to get another cell phone carrier, and when I tried to get my phone activated with them, they told me Boost had some restrictions on my phone so I had to call them. Restrictions? I have never had any payment problems, so I am lost. Anyway, I called Boost to find out. The 1st time I called the customer service person hung up on me after telling me to hold so he could look at my account. So, 2nd time I called that customer service agent told me he needed to deactivate my phone before I switched carriers (note I want to transfer my same phone number), so after on hold for more than 10 minutes (he told me it would take time to deactivate my phone, he hung up.

So, called a 3rd time, that customer agent told me my account had been deactivated. So, called my new carrier back. They told me Boost still had restrictions on my phone, and they weren't supposed to deactivate it until Straight Talk could transfer my account. REALLY? WTF? So, I called back once again, and got the message BOOST was closed. So, now tomorrow I have to go through more hell. This company should be shut down. Obviously their customer agents are getting away with doing this stuff. Note after I called the 2nd time, I asked to speak to a supervisor and this is still the unfinished result I have been given.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I was doing someone a favor and paying the cell phone. I thought they still had Boost Mobile. Come to find out they didn't. But my payment went thru on boost mobile even though the person didn't have an account with them. I call. I was told that the account was closed. There was nothing they could do to speak to my bank. My bank says to speak to them since the payment was processed. I call. The person wasn't understanding me. I asked to speak to a supervisor since he was of no help and he hung up on me.

I call again. Ask for a supervisor. Get one and was told the account was closed and they couldn't check the history of this account. I say, "Well why was the money taken out and how do I get it back?" No one could help me. Now he said the account was closed two days after the payment was made - the day I called the first time. This company sucks. I even told them I could show thru my bank this money was taken out no that doesn't matter. If someone knows how to help me please let me know.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Awesome customer service!!! He was very helpful and made sure the problem was solved before I got off the phone. The service was fast and very entertaining. He made me feel good about having my Boost service. Thanks Lance. :)

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I'm just curious why the internet speed is always extremely slow for a 60 dollar plan with 30GB hotspot. I was reading the reviews here and found the word throttling, meaning the company may be reducing speeds on purpose? It was the slowest ever yesterday. It's been an issue for six months and I think I may need to switch.

Boost Mobile Company Information