3.6/5 (744 ratings)

About Boost Mobile

Boost Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I spent almost 6 hrs in chats yesterday with Boost and my internet provider at Boost direction, not an internet issue, I could use the phone for the internet but couldn't make a call or send a text, made not one but 2, 80 min round trips to the closest store. Boost apparently changed something over night of 12/31/22 to 1/1/23, and we suddenly did not have cell service. I use my phone for work and needed it to actually work like it is suppose to. Once we got back from the second trip. The phone went out again. Got back on chat again. They wanted to start all over again and do all this stuff and take control of my phone, etc. etc. etc. Then they tell me it will be working again in 24-48 hrs. (Pretty much admitting it is their issue and not my phone's issue).

Chat customer service was completely useless, couldn't call them because of no cell service to make a call or send a text. I chatted with multiple people. After the first trip to the store, we almost got back home only to discover the phone did not work again and had to turn around and go back again. Tonight I called the phone number that was online to be able to get my account number so I can switch providers, and waited on hold for 50 minutes (it said 30 min or less for an agent). A man answered and they kept an open phone line for over an hour without saying a word. I was very very angry with this behavior to say the least. Had I been able to find my police whistle, he would have gotten a blast from it.

I got back on chat hoping that I would have better luck with them. AGAIN useless! They said it was "sensitive" information and couldn't provide it to me. Apparently Boost doesn't trust their customer service reps, and your account number is not on your account when you log in. So called the phone number again. On hold another 40 minutes, Jerrymay answered and said she couldn't provide it. She would need to transfer me to someone else. ANOTHER 10 minutes on hold. A guy answered. Kept trying to get me to tell him why I needed my own acct number. Told him it didn't matter. He asked if I would like to register a new phone. I again told him all I wanted was my acct number. Then he started to make different offers of discounts. I then yelled at him that I WANT MY ACCT NUMBER. I have wasted at least 13-15 hrs of my life dealing with these people in the last 2 days. Absolutely the worst company to get anything done with.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I purchased a Boost cell phone on their website for my mother for christmas. The phone arrived 12/16 (the phone remained unopened as it was to be a christmas gift). Unfortunately within the same week of receiving the phone, my mother ended up in the hospital and passed away unexpectedly. When I called boost for a refund and told them the circumstances, I was told they would not refund me as it was past their 7 day refund policy. The phone was never opened, never touched, and in same condition as it arrived. They refused to do anything to help me or offer a refund. Instead, they suggested I find a way to resell the phone. So now I have to take on the burden of being a seller? The audacity and coldness of such representatives and their policies is ridiculous. I would never in my life use boost or encourage anyone else too.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I purchased a Schok Flip Phone from Boost Mobile and have never been able to use it! I wondered why there were no reviews for this phone. When I tried to review it, I was unable to do so. The website does not allow a review for the Schok Flip Phone! This phone is defective!!! The slot for a SIM card will not take a card! There is no opening where the slot is supposed to be - just metal on top of metal! I tried to force a SIM card in and that was impossible! When I called about returning the phone, Boost refused to take it back! I've just wasted my money and I would never deal with Boost Mobile again!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I had this company for over 15 yrs and they locked my service. Excuse was I used my phone too much but I pay for unlimited talk, text, and data. Then they say send an email to have it unlocked. Talked to several people on the phone. I even went to the store and this was a total waste of time and energy.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

I filed an insurance claim on my phone. They didn't have the phone so they sent me a coupon that wasn't enough money to cover a new phone and expect me to pay the difference and then when I asked him about this they said well that's what the phone retails at but yet when I went to the store they want me to pay $80 a difference to get a new phone.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I used to love Boost mobile but for some reason, they have been messing with the service bad and really rude customer service reps. I asked for my service to just end and give a refund but I been waiting on that a whole month. I paid my bill and my phone was acting like I never paid the bill. My phone is my lifeline to my kids and I would appreciate it if I could get my money for that bill being paid with interrupted services. I had just cut the power off thinking it would never come back on. I just want my 67 bucks. This is the last time that I do business with this company.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I ordered new service and a phone from Boost for $115 which was actually supposed to be charged monthly at $8.33 but they went ahead and charged for a year. Of course they do this because no matter what they won’t issue refunds or send our new equipment. They simply tell you to contest the charges with your financial institution. I couldn’t get this phone to activate, I spent days trying. Finally I called them and sat on hold for an hour while the associate tried to help. He determined I was sent a phone that is supported by their old network, and therefore my service would not work with the phone. Instead of offering to send the right sim or phone, he told me to just file a dispute with my institution because boost never offers refunds even when it is their fault. So I open chat to give them another chance and after twenty minutes the chat person told me I ordered thru a different part of boost and therefore he couldn’t help me.

I beta test and review for a living so I’m very competent. Boost clearly set things up like this for a reason. Refusing to refund for something that is their fault is not legitimate and if it was for more money I would file arbitration against them for it. As it stands, they do not back their own products and services, as a professional reviewer, please understand this company is shady and nobody should use them. They tempt you with cheap prices but in the end they overcharge you and then refuse refund for faulty products and services.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

My son had Boost since 2018 without issues so I decided to try it. Big mistake because I had so many problems through Boost in using Siri, opening Google maps, and calling contacts that I didn't have with my previous service. 1. Local office has hours listed but is never open the entire time so no point in talking to them. 2. Customer service didn't help because they only asked for personal information, a pin I never made, and other ridiculous information that I never provided originally. One agent I spoke to had a dog barking in the background the entire time we spoke. 3. I bought a $40 plan but after experiencing such crappy service I switched to $35 but Boost held my service hostage for $5. Wouldn't restore it until I paid. I thought that was the point of a prepaid card - to be flexible?

4. After spending 30 min with one dept I was switched to another dept. Even though it was the SAME phone call, I had to "RE-VERIFY" who I was!! The same questions again I had just answered for 30 minutes. 5. Then the second agent tried to upsell me! Hilarious! Thank goodness we have so many other choices of cell service. :) Bye-bye Boost!! Hello anyone, and I mean ANYONE, else!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I have been with Boost for 7 weeks and have $96 for a $25/mo plan. I have had my phone shut off twice, I have record of 17 emails via Messenger to Boost and their response is always "Sorry, we will correct this". It's unbelievable, their incompetence, how are they still in business? Leo A., Ojay S., Brittany M., Noemi V., Paola R., all told me they would make it right. Nope.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

We have had Boost Mobile for about 10 years, and they were fairly good up until about October of 2020. I tried to purchase a new phone (and add a third line), but it would not go through online, so we had to go to an actual store. They told us that we needed to wait until our next monthly payment to actually do that, and so we did. The person helping us was not very helpful, either. So on November 5th, we came back, bought the phone and set it up (the person helping us this time was a lot more helpful, and I really liked him. He explained everything to us and we even talked about the phone I was buying.) Everything was okay for a while after that, although there was a noticeable difference in the service quality. We had spotty signal in many places where you'd figure it'd be great (one part of the city you'd have nothing, the other it would be great), and I usually stay connected to the Wi-Fi we have at home, but others in my family are out working and require a good signal to do their job.

We dealt with it for about a year, until we set up phones on a different provider for our business that we run. The service was way better, as we performed a few tests with both a phone on Boost, and a phone on the other carrier. After a lot of thinking, we finally decided to make the switch. We wanted to move over before our next payment of $119, because we didn't want to pay for a month's worth of service when we'd be switching very soon after. I purchased a new phone, as mine was already 2 years old and not working well, and the other two were planning on moving their phones over. We also kept all of our phone numbers, which that process was fairly easy (except it required account numbers for each number, and it took at least 2 hours to get them, as the people continued to offer us deals to keep us there. That's alright, it's their job.).

Now comes the part where we were trying to activate the phones. I ported a number over to the new carrier on one of the phones to make sure they worked. It didn't. Both of the phones were locked to Boost. One was about a year old, while the other was way newer, and was a free replacement because of the network switch they did a little while back. We called them and requested to unlock the phones, which also took some time to actually reach someone able to do it, and they told us they could do the older one, but not the newer one, as there's a 12 month period you must own a phone before you can unlock it. Okay, understandable. We ended up purchasing a new, unlocked phone from Best Buy because again, the phone is required to communicate with people for work. They put in a request to unlock the older one, and told us it should be done in 48 hours. We waited, and it never worked. We called them back, and tried to figure it out, but they couldn't unlock it.

Now, we have to buy another phone because once more, we need it for work. The work phones that we did have are with our employees, and I'm currently the only person on the plan with a working phone, and they can't take mine, as it has no case yet, and I only have one. Point is, their customer service is very poor in quality, and all we wanted was to have better signal, but ended up having to pay $300 for two brand new phones when we had two, good, and fully functioning ones. I am very disappointed, especially since we've been so loyal to them for so long. I don't want any refunds, or deals, or anything like that. I simply want to let others know that if you do choose to go with Boost, be prepared for spotty service, some annoying phone calls to customer service, and possibly being out of service if you do try to switch in the future. (Side note, we did have 5G, and it was just as bad as our 4LTE.)

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I have only been a Boost customer for about 3 weeks. The customer service agents are useless. They say "no worries, you got me on the line to help you". But they were no help at all. I had to tell the agent 6 times why I was calling. I was approved for the ACP program but Boost can't figure out how to add it to my cell phone plan. They told me to go to the local Boost store for help. Well that's a joke! Store was supposed to open 10 minutes ago and no one is here.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I first purchase a plan for them since it looked like a good deal. The service was horrible, there were outages many times throughout the day, but I could overlook that seeing the price. However the plan charged me $300 for a $240 annual plan, for 15 GB/month, and I called their customer service over half a dozen times to try to get the price adjusted. They were unable to do anything to change the due payment, despite my plan being the $20 plan, when the payment date came, they canceled my service due to non-payment, and I called in every other day to get an update. After a week of calls, they told me to pay the $300 and that I would be reimbursed for the difference, so that is what I did. I was given multiple ticket numbers, each taking 10+ days to process and coming out with no result.

I finally called again today to see the result of my latest ticket. I was told that I had the $300 plan despite selecting the $240 plan and having 15 GB/month on the website and also having every other customer representative telling me my plan was $20 for 15 GB/month. I called in another time to a new customer representative, and I was told that I had the 15 GB/month plan. Too long didn't read: Company's website scammed me out of $60, and their customer service told me I would be reimbursed. Turns out to be a scam.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Your store said you had a store near me...you don't! Wifi goes out, can NOT Call YOU! What kind of company operates this way? 2 months and I'm done! Will spend my money elsewhere! Not professional company!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I recently switched Boost Mobile service unfortunately. Second day after they billed me in advance. So for two day phone service they forfeit the monthly they charged. Be careful. Company is a white collar thief.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

On 2022 Oct 17 I made a pymt to Boost Mobile online for $52.00. I realized I made a mistake on the pymt and made another payment of $52.99 with a total of $104.99. I call Boost Mobile 1-866-402-7366 to refund my account back $52.00. They ask me to just add the payment to December bill. I said no. They said it would take 24 to 48 hours for the reverse payment. I said it didn't take 24-48 hours for them to take out my account. They said I had to call my bank to do so. I did that. The bank said they couldn't do anything while the account was still pending only after transaction was posted.

Bank reversed payment $52.00 on October 17.. Boost for some unknown reason reverse the account also on Oct 18 for $47.68 with an explanation that I had a add on online account of $5.31. In this shady transaction process Boost Mobile closed my account, turned off my phone Monday morning on my way to work. I have been with Boost Mobile since 2009. This has put me in agonizing frustration. I'm a caregiver for the elderly and the responses from Boost Mobile customer service representatives, supervisors apologies never resolved their mistakes with no signs of emergency. I would like my frustrating situation on their lack of concern be attentioned to be not unprofessional fraudulent scams in handling my account.

Trenda

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I had switched phone providers because they would not help with my phone issues so I asked for my money. They said they would but instead it was sent back. Stated pending but before the money was sent in completion acct was deleted..

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I tried to return an accessory. They told me the accessory was working though it was not working. The manager of the store stated that it was a quick charge and would charge in 15 minutes the phone. After 4 hours of charging phone was still only at 80%. So I returned the next day upon. There was a new worker working. The manager was not there! I was told that you can't return accessories unless it's not working. That's when I told him again it was not working. So he called the district manager and the district manager stated telling the look on the bottom of the receipt stating that you cannot return accessories. I tried to explain that the accessory did not work due to what the manager told me it was supposed to do.

At that time I noticed I had to be on my hand and I'm allergic to bees. I had the employee's phone in my hand and when I panicked I tried to get the bee off me by the phone being thrown on the floor. So I go in there today because my phone's not working. The employee throws me out of the store telling me that to keep checking back and would not tell me when the manager is working! This is a terrible cell company and I would not recommend this to anybody I contacted the Better Business Bureau and hopefully this will be a resolved!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I’ve been with Boost 15+ years. The service became terrible in the past year. Completely dysfunctional. Losing calls in my own home, very weak signal in my own home when the coverage map and phone calls to Boost say “all is good”. Next to no service out on the main thoroughfare in my city. Grocery shopping, out to dinner, banking - forget it, no cell service. Then I take a look into My Boost today before calling to cancel, finally fed all the way up. I look into manage family plan because my daughter is my secondary line, and I find there is a 3rd line with a completely unknown to me number. It only shows me the last four digits. But that is enough to tell me it does not belong to anyone I know. I call Boost and they tell me my service will be improved in 72 hours (really?!

After months after month of bad service, what a lie!) and that they cannot give me any information on this unknown number but that they will remove it from my account I only have to agree to the removal as all records of the number will be lost. They offer no information other than to say that this number has been active under my account for a year. They say that without a PIN number they cannot tell me anything and they offered no resolution or refund. I have never received notice that I was paying for a third line. Their unwillingness to investigate or resolve any of this amounts to theft.

They accused me of “talking in circles” as I continued to ask for a resolution though they were the ones giving me the go-around and going in circles. When I pointed this out and told them my next option would be true Better Business Bureau, they hung up on me. Anyone considering Boost, just save yourself the headache. They were at one time a great option for no-contract service but to treat a long-time loyal customer this way? Those days are over.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I had been with Boost for several years until this week. I have spent several hours trying to buy a new phone. Their system kept declining different cards, despite the banks’ approval and more than sufficient funds and/or credit. But the real problem was the inability to get past the stupid “Hey!”… robot and actually speak to someone. I tried every option. I even did the online chat. Nothing worked. I couldn’t get anyone to respond. I was trying to buy a $500 phone and keep their service but they did nothing to keep my business. So I went with another provider. These companies have to give you an option beyond “Press (pick a number.)”

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Boost customer service is absolutely the worst. The phone my son had stop working so, I made these decisions to move on and wanted a transfer pin and the account number. Spent 3 hours. No results. I plan to escalate to the FCC. Consumers have all rights to change poor service. Customer service hung up in my face after requesting to speak to upper management. I will write reviews all over the sites. Do not do business with Boost.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I have been with Boost for over ten years and in the last year since we have HAD to upgrade we have had problems. Bad connection, dropped calls, and no signal, plus we bought a boost phone from Walmart they claim is reported lost or stolen! I'm done. Will be moving on!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

How are you paying 60 dollars a month for unlimited data, talk and text when you receive a message from Boost Mobile that your data is slowing down and your payment do is 15 damn days away, this is the worst carrier service in the industry. I wouldn’t recommend Boost Mobile to anyone. They lied about their completing some work on their system and I was experiencing technical problems and not being able to use my apps etc at all for two months and never compensate for their mistakes, it’s false advertising when you describe unlimited data talk and text.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I ordered a phone for my mother who only uses her phone to make phone calls. Boost Mobile offered an on-line option for $8.33 / month prepaid for the year. Received the phone in the mail, and tried to activate the phone on-line. Told me that the coverage for the area was not adequate, even though all previous checking said I'd have good coverage. Called customer service and finally was able to speak with someone to get the phone activated. After about 20 minutes on the phone, the rep asked me what plan I wanted. Told me the least expensive plan was $35/mo. Told me I had to go to a store to get that rate. OK...fine. Go to the store and ask about the $100/year rate...Oh...That's not available in the store...only on-line. So registration on-line doesn't work, and the only way you can get the $100/yr rate is on-line, so it's not a true option...but not what I purchased the phone, I'm stuck with a $15/month plan.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Terrible reception and unhelpful customer service. Had no service at our home for over a week only to be told it's the tower, they didn't know if they were going to repair it or change towers, and they had no information on when a decision would be made. No recourse or money back for not having functional phones, just told it would hopefully be fixed soon. We changed providers instead of wait for something that as far as I know, hasn't been fixed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Constant spam calls on their network. They offer to SELL you an additional service to reduce spam calls. Why should we be forced to pay more to stop spam? Looking now to switch to another provider that values their customers more.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Bought a yearly plan cell phone sim card kit and wanted to transfer a number port in. Entered all the necessary information, and message said "There's something wrong. Tried later" ... First chatted with the representative online, they tried to help but same problem. They asked to call and talk to the Port Support Team to help. I called and get the same result. They admitted that there is a system issue that not able to do the transfer. They said I can get it done by going to the store. I went to the store and the store wanted to charged me $35 to activate the service. It's ridiculous that it suppose it's free to activate, but they said there's charges to activate in the store. Then contacted the representative again, they said they have transferred my case to the Port Support Team but after a week, there's no news or response. Finally decide to cancel the services and wanted to get money back because it's unable to activate the services.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I purchased a simcard from Boost Mobile - order no ** on 7/24/22 - also authorized auto-pay if I buy cell phone service from boost mobile - but as my phone for which I bought this simcard was not working properly I decided not to use the simcard that I purchased from boost mobile - in spite of this some agent at boost mobile activated this simcard in a phone that was not mine and charged $ 25.96 to my Paypal account - I reported this matter as a fraud to boost mobile and Paypal but boost mobile has not refunded my money so far - Ashvin **

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I left Xfinity because of bad customer service. I told the man at boost this He told me the hours open local store in Lafayette Indiana always answer phones. told me all about their great help. So i signed up. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get help. called every hour for one day no one answered no answering machine to leave message. 2 times I drove 25 miles to talk to someone. both times store was closed. ON day 2 I went to another store. The guy was playing games on his(very busy). I told him I had a question. He told me a CHARGE of 10.00DOLLars for any and all customer service. Really this is the great CUSTOMER SERVICE I signed up for!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I was a Virgin Mobile customer for many years, then Boost Mobile bought them out. The switch was easy/convenient, I have a 2 phone plan that is very affordable. When I was with Virgin Mobile I loved my service, I rarely dropped calls and had efficient internet availability. After Boost bought out VM, I had to buy new phones because ours were very outdated, we had the Samsung S7 and in January 2022 they became obsolete due to 3G no longer being supported. I bought the Samsung A53 and A32. Over the last 6 months I have seen our service deteriorate at a rapid pace. I hardly ever have internet/data available and multiple times a day I have a circle with a line thru it indicating I have NO service available whatsoever. It is maddening god forbid I have an emergency and need my phone because I likely will not be able to use it.

I have spoken with numerous representatives that have offered many apologies but not one of them can help the situation. Don't bother going to any of their stores either as they will just hand you an 800 number to call. I am on the $50/unlimited plan for 2 phones and I am going to have to go to a different provider. I would have left before now but I just bought these phones and don't want to spend a bunch of money on new phones, however, that is the plan before the end of the year. I live near a large college campus (Notre Dame) and on their coverage map it shows I should have perfect coverage. Completely NOT TRUE. Don't waste your time/money or your sanity with them, go with a different provider. Very, frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Boost Mobile is the worst.. I simply wanted to retrieve a text message from a friend from the day before that I accidentally deleted and after asking why I needed it (like that is any of their business) they told me that they do not keep that information. Oh.. But if they do have it, I would need a subpoena to get it.. T mobile helped me with the same problem several times. No questions asked. I will be switching back to T mobile. Boost mobile was a mistake in every way.

Boost Mobile Company Information