2.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

736 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I was on Sprint many years, I was dumped, he finally released my number to me. That's why to save money I went to Boost Mobile, prepaid spend down. Works very well for me. I enjoy my phone and texting very much.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Not honoring their ads - I bought a 35 plan at 6 gbs... They would not honor it because I was on the 3gbs plan before, but it's a prepaid service not a contract phone... Very disappointed with Boost and would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Boost is a good company but if you pay in cash, the people who run the individual stores, they are allowed to charge a extra fee for their own pockets! If you use a credit card, they won't charge you. This is wrong!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've been a customer of Boost for over 5 yrs. I bought a new phone Jul. 2016 tried to get the unlock code in Aug. 2017. They wouldn't do it because they said I didn't have the phone for a year after the store I bought proved to them that I did. As of today my phone is still locked.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My experience with Boost has been satisfactory. Their smartphone has good enough reception and all app updates download and install easily. Admittedly, I want ringtones, though, and they have none. But I don't know if anyone does.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I've had Boost Mobile for over 14 years and the customer service gets worst by the year... The customer appreciation has never even existed with them. I've paid 60 for a unlimited plan for 7 years. Never informed of the plan dropping to 50. Couldn't tell me why I was still and currently pay 60. Bought my kid the same plan at 50. Couldn't add a line so I two separate lines which is so stupid because I should be on the family plan. Tried to do that. Interrupted on line. Said I need more money. I hate this phone company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I wouldn't trade companies for anything. I've been with them for almost 10 years!!! I've gone through more phones than anyone I know!!! Customer service will take time and get me through my oops and back.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

The Boost Mobile website is user friendly. I go there to update my information or add money for payment. I usually add money via the phone. The recording says Boost will text you a payment confirmation but I never receive a text confirmation. That is my only complaint, but otherwise I highly recommend Boost.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have had times where changes in my auto pay had to be changed and was left with no service. As well add data. I am on a family plan and my phone also won't stay charged due to the charging dock. On my receipt it say that I have insurance but when I went to the store I bought it from they said I didn't buy insurance to cover my phone and my daughter also reminded me that I got it the day she was with me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Boost Mobile is pretty good. I've been with them over 8 years but I have had problems with dropped calls, and reception issues. However, reception has improved over the past 4 years I must say. Also, their service is not as good as it was 6 years ago.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I really love Boost and I never have a problem with service. They are very helpful and I am always a satisfied customer whenever I need help.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Boost Mobile has been a wonderful company! I switched from Metro PCS because after years of being a customer, they began to treat me like another number. Boost Mobile was not only happy to have my business, they still treat you as a human and give great shrinkage plans that saves you a lot of money. Only reason I'd change, is if Boost was no longer available.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Switching from Sprint to Boost has saved me a lot of money on my monthly bill. I have unlimited everything, which is great. I was reluctant at first, but over the last few years, my experience has been smooth, with no problems at all.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

This was the straw that broke the Boost Mobiles back. I have been with them for some time and had automatic billing to my bank card. This month (August 2017) they charged my account the regular $58.98 per month that I have been paying. All of a sudden I noticed a total of 4 pre-authorizations to my card for the $58.98 after the regular $58.98 was already deducted by them.

I contacted customer service which was a joke in itself. The person on the other end of the phone barely spoke English and I explained what had happened. They told me not to worry that they received their $58.98. I asked why my account was then charged $58.98, 3 more times. They said not to worry as it would not affect my account, WRONG, each $58.98 was taken from my balance and they would do nothing to correct the problem, only gave me grief.

I contacted the bank and showed them what happened. They can't do anything for me until all 3 payments clear and then they may be able to file a fraud complaint against Boost. So now I'm out $176.94 not including the overdraft charges I incurred as that put my account in the red. Do not trust these people! And do not sign up for auto pay unless you have money to burn... I never had this occur before with them and then all of a sudden WHAM!!! I'm now looking for a better carrier that won't take more than they suppose to...

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Good service. Cheap plans. Free phones are good. Reliable and fast. Good place for people who do not need the latest phone to come out every year. Very helpful. I have 3 phones with 10 gigs data each with unlimited phone call and texts for less than $100 a month.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Have had good experience with customer service, however some locations only have one worker and less coverage area. Had good selection of phones, offered free phone with higher $45/mo plan.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Service is actually good. The phones however stink. I have gone through 5 phones since 2014. If there was another prepaid provider for this monthly price and the data and all. I would change it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I went to Boost to have my Galaxy S7 unlocked. I have had the phone for over 14 months and always had it turned on with Boost. I am eligible to do the unlocking by their own terms. I've tried 5 times to get my phone unlocked. First time I went to the Boost store, after some discussion with Boost help I was told that my phone was unlocked. I went to a trusted cell repair establishment. They tried a SIM card. It didn't work. I went back to the same Boost store the second day. After discussions with Boost help I was given a six digit code to unlock my phone. Nothing else. I went to my trusted repair place. We couldn't unlock the phone again. I have spoken to Boost customer care and their technical department on two more occasions for a total of 3 hours. I'm told that it will be unlocked in two days. I don't believe it. Don't buy Boost. They lie to you and they won't honor their own contract terms. Where is Justice and the correct solution?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Salesperson sold me phone and plan, said unlimited everything, no data cap. I asked three times, they lied. Worst cell service ever. Hands down, very deceptive and dishonest. Would not recommend to anyone, waste of hard earned money. Will switch carries asap!! Don't purchase from them!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I've been a customer for over 5 yrs. Never any major issues until I tried to change to a family plan & add my wife's phone. I was told they couldn't add her phone because it wasn't one they carried/sold. So we went to another company to check out their family plans & even though they were willing to activate both phones, they couldn't do mine because it was locked. I was told by Boost I had to have been using my phone for a minimum of 1 year b4 they would unlock it.

The phone I have right now is a replacement phone for one I had been using for over 2 yrs which was stolen. But since I've only had the replacement phone for a little over 3 months they wouldn't unlock it. We are low income seniors & cannot afford to buy another phone & we cannot afford to have 2 separate single plans so my wife is without a phone now until we can save money to buy a new one for myself from another company as I will not be staying with Boost Mobile. I do not recommend a company that dictates what you can & can't do with the products you purchase from them.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I originally switched to Boost because they promised better service. I messed up big time. They had to send me a sim card for my current phone twice so I had no phone for a month. I paid the money for the service and they demanded more and more then put 10 on my account as courtesy for the issues. When I checked my account 0 balance. Now everything I say or do on my phone is being seen by street thugs because Boost has no security and I called customer service and they say the technical department can't do anything to stop it. As for the one talking about a class action I would love to.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

The fact that Boost Mobile has me writing this review is sickening in itself since I left the last phone company for not giving me the freedom to make choices on my account as well as the upgrade policies. When purchasing my 1st phone with Boost after having been a faithful customer in the "Chirp days" I am highly disappointed. I wasn't informed when purchasing the phone that I would have a 120 day wait before I could purchase another prepaid phone. Being that the iPhone went on sale I wanted to upgrade and wasn't allowed to as if I was with one of the network phone companies.

After the 1 million day wait (that's how long it felt ) I was told when purchasing an upgrade that I would have to pay an activation fee and approx 30 in taxes bring the grand total for a 199.00 phone to 275.00??? I wouldn't recommend Boost Mobile if you're looking for freedom from one of the bigger companies because it's a lot of small print. Although the bill is cheaper you get what you pay for. It feels like "You're here now, we know you're the customer but pleasing you is not our problem."

Original review: July 16, 2017

I bought a prepaid phone from Boost back in November 2016, I needed a prepaid phone because I was moving back to Europe during the summer and I needed to be able to use a sim card from a different country. When my phone arrived it worked well, however the Boost contract was overpriced compared to other contracts that you can find elsewhere.

When I moved back to Europe I told boost that I wanted to end my contract and I asked if I could use my phone with another sim card, they told me that I could easily use another sim card. However when I put a different sim card in it did not work, BOOST SOLD ME A LOCKED PREPAID PHONE, I contacted them again asking how I could unlock it, they said that I had to stay with them for 12 months and that there is no other way of them unlocking it. This was not specified when I bought the phone, so now I am stuck with a locked phone that I cannot fully use because of Boost. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF THEM, THEY ARE OVERPRICED, THEY WILL NOT TRY AND HELP YOU, STAY AWAY FROM BOOST, I RECOMMEND GOING TO ANY OTHER MOBILE COMPANY.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I was a customer of Boost Mobile for a while because they had great prices and they had promotions around the time I got my plan. I use to pay with debit cards or cash no issue. Everything was going great until I was paying for my unlimited service and data and my data usage would be up in 2 weeks and then my internet wouldn't work or be slow. Which makes no sense. Then I paid my unlimited bill for this month with a debit card and they took the money back 2 weeks after I paid. No answers and no repayment. I will never recommend this service to anyone. Not even my worst enemy.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I am, I believe, a valued customer since 2014 with my two lines. Over two weeks ago I called for my broken iPhone 6 plus. They told me I have to go through a third party. They accepted my phone in the warranty period. Sent me a label and I shipped it. When they received it they claimed the phone is damaged and they asked me to file a report with UPS since THE phone was not damaged before I sent it.

It's been two weeks and I am between Brightstar and UPS and Boost Mobile customer service. No company is doing a good job. They wasted hours and hours of frustration on the phone with all of them and all what I need is a good phone!!! I also want to report an abuse and rudeness of a supervisor whose name is WALI

who I spoke with yesterday July 11, he simply refused to listen to me and harshly disbelieve everything I tell him. Now I thinking to move on to other company. Nothing would compensate for the frustration and pain I am experiencing. I will drop an honest review everywhere I can about Boost Mobile.

Original review: July 7, 2017

My data speed increases once I call & complain. Two days later my Samsung Galaxy downloads at a rate of 51-99 KBS when it should be MBS. A 15 Meg file takes 10 minutes. More & more companies are being taken to court. I plan on filing a lawsuit. Anyone Interested in joining? Will probably go to a Class Action. Thanks for reading.

Original review: July 3, 2017

We moved, so our land-based ISP would be unavailable for a few days while they switched us over. As my phone is Sprint and I don't have the tethering service (which is another rant in and of itself), I decided to buy a mobile hotspot to tide us over - plus, it's good to have backups. Saw the Boost Mobile R850 unit, so I bought it and a 50-dollar recharge card from Walmart. Got home, tried to activate it through my phone's browser, and... nothing. Webpage times out, no activation, no confirmation number, nothing. Okay. I stuff it aside and deal with the rest of the move. No biggie, I have larger issues to deal with.

It catches my eye a few months later, so I go through my PC's browser and try to fire the hotspot up. Oh... there's a 10-dollar fee since I've apparently activated it once before. No matter, let's slog through this activation thing again. Punch in the MEID numbers, the serial, all that jazz. Hit the "activate" button and... nothing. Try it again, and there's an error code now. Fire off an email to customer support and get back a canned reply about a day later, which was not helpful at all. Back in the junk drawer it goes.

I try it again, today, seven months after the last attempt. Another notice of a 10-dollar activation fee, as it's been activated once before (or has it been twice? Who can know?) and I slog through their webpage again (looks nicer now, though). Aaannnd nothing. Hangs up at the usual spot. So I'm out the 100 dollars from paying for it way back in September (along with the recharge card), but have yet to even get one bit of data received from the hotspot, all because I can't even properly activate the thing.

In summary, I can't even get the juicy crap customer service that I see other reviewers here have gotten - no, I'm denied even that much, as I can't properly become a customer of Boost Mobile to begin with. Did I dodge a bullet on this one...? About to hit up Sprint and pay them for the privilege of tethering data from my phone (at least it's unlimited LTE, which is decently quick where I live).

Original review: June 26, 2017

Purchased a new cell phone from their website. Everything went smooth and product arrived as described. No issues at all. However, I have decided to return the product as it is not a right fit for me. Per their return policy I must call 1-866-402-7366 to start a return by getting a "Return Authorization Number". This is where you get walled. As by calling that #, which is the only one they provide, you can not get a live person or even navigate the options. Never does an option for "Return Authorization Number" present itself. This company intentionally makes it difficult to make a legitimate return. At this moment I had to create an account on Boost's "community" forum in attempt to get an "agent" to respond there. It has been 4 hours and no reply despite seeing agents being online. My forum post has been at the top of the board for 4+ hours. Non-existent customer service.

Original review: June 25, 2017

I have been on the phone being lied to all day. They told me the phone was unlocked when I purchased them. I have been reading everyone complaints and we all have the same complaints. We need to stop these people and file a lawsuit because they will keep doing this as long as we allow them. We all work hard for our money and this is not fair. Class action lawsuit who is with me?

Original review: June 24, 2017

I recently went shopping for a new cell phone. Boost Mobile on 19th Avenue and Northern in North Phoenix I purchased a Galaxy J-3 Emerge. I took the phone on for the first couple of days. Was working fine then after the third day it started going haywire like I mean Haywire. it would show me pictures and it would turn off and on and would do all kinds of goofy stuff. So I took it into Boost Mobile where I bought it. The management was very rude they said they could not fix the problem. They couldn't even troubleshoot it. They were not willing to help me at all. They just shoved me to the side and went to the next customer to attend them so I came back home and decided to call it was headquarters myself.

So I called Boost Mobile headquarters and I got to talking to a lady and she said that I had insurance for the first 7 days after telephone which this was already the 8th or 9th day so I couldn't take the phone back. When I did try to ask them about the phone they said they would fix it for $45. So I got a lemon telephone is what I got, something you couldn't squeeze the juice out of but you can squeeze the money out of me. So I called Headquarters again and again was told that I had insurance on the phone which is the insurance that they give you for the first 7 days.

I know that Boost ain't going to be my next telephone carrier. They are very rude, very unprofessional. They sold me a lemon phone which was probably used and broke down. On less of me one week and they do not want to return my money I paid for the whole month of service and all I got was 6 days of service that I was able to speak and to work with my phone. The rest of the time my phone is broke, no good. They want to charge me $45 to fix. That is unheard of in the phone industry nowadays. Any other company would have gave you another brand new phone to keep the customer happy.

Boost Mobile Company Information