1.29/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

959 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 5, 2019

Boost says I'm using hotspot data when the hotspot is not even turned on or enabled. Customer support just acts stupid and talks in circles. Been thru the same diffusion the times with promises to find answers with a subject matter expert. They either do nothing or say I'm wrong. I ask for proof with nothing forthcoming because they are lying. Don't use Boost.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Purchased a pre-owned iPhone 6s on January 31. Freezes on and off, then the screen completely stopped working. Called Boost, they transferred me to claims and was told I receive a replacement no longer than March 4. I returned the phone as instructed on the 25 of February. Noticed March 4 was near and I received no tracking number. Called again and was told I would have wait an additional 7 to 14 days. Feed and not wanting to receive another defective phone I requested a refund instead. Boost kept transferring me to the claims department stating, they have to refund me.

After numerous back and forth, the claims department informed me that they have no idea why, Boost keeps sending me to them, they do not do refunds. He asked that I contact Boost again and add him to the call. While talking to the Boost rep, they stated they would transfer me to the claims department and the gentlemen from the claims department interrupted her and let her know that Boost Mobile is responsible for refunding, she then put me on hold and stated she would start my refund request process, but would need my phone sent to them, to give me my refund.

The claim department guy stated he would send the phone to me so I can return it to Boost. After the claim department guy hanged up, I was put on hold once again and the rep said I passed the 7 day refund elibility, this was not stated anywhere on the warranty I received, which I told the rep and she stated well that’s the policy for preowned phones. I tried recording my conversation from then on because all the reps have been lying to me and was told it was against their policy to allow customers to record them, if that isn’t a sign to not trust them, I don’t know what is.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Please please please be aware of the fine print with Boost Mobile and their ridiculous rules when it comes to having service with them. They put locks on their purchased cell phones for 1 year to keep you with their plan. They advise when trying to go to other plan phone service it takes 3 to.4 Days to unlock a purchase cell phone with them. Reps indicates, "You are leaving us when we give the lowest fees for a plan so yes we lock up our phones even if you purchased it." I'm now since Saturday March 2, 2019 with no phone service with other phone carrier because of cell phone being locked. I've explained to them I have a sick mother with cancer Living in another state whom which I can’t reach. A supervisor showed no empathy or care about the situation and just advise you have to wait. Please please do not go with Boost Mobile for phone service.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have been contacting Boost in regards to not being able to use my phone service for a year now so that shows I was a good customer but received poor satisfaction. They lies and say they will escalate the call and have the issue fix in 48-72 hours. It’s been a year. No fix. They say they can’t give me the corporate office number. They don’t have it. They don’t document notes as they should for to show the calls they receive of poor customer service and satisfaction. All they says is purchase a new phone and favorite words is, "I’m sorry" and "I see. Don’t you worry" but can’t give the satisfaction of customer service they pretend to give. They is becoming a rip off since so many has switched over to them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

They had a special I signed up for it's on their website but after I did it they said it was over but it's still on their website you can do it. So please run from them. They are cheating people out of money...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I recently purchased a “certified pre-owned Apple iPhone 7”, for my grandson from Boost’s website which cost 279.00. I could have purchased the exact same phone for 199 but the certification came with a 1 year limited warranty from apple, so I chose to spend the extra money. After downloading my grandson’s entire iCloud full of stuff, the new phone needed to be charged but lo and behold the charging port was broken. The charger could not fit into the port because of a blockage.

My immediate thought was to call Apple, I have always been extremely happy and pleased with their customer service and because I had a one-year limited warranty it was the first place I thought of. Within five minutes of them answering the phone it was determined that the phone I bought did not have a warranty attached to it. As a matter of fact giving them the serial number and IMEI number, they told me that the warranty on that phone had run out 60 days prior. So I called Boost Mobile and was on the phone with them for almost 3 hours trying to explain what I just typed. It’s not rocket science.

Finally they told me to call their warranty department which I did this morning. And don’t you know that their warranty department had no account from my phone either. So back to the drawing board I went, called boost one more time, spent another hour or so on the phone with them and they told me to go into the Sprint store. So I started my venture with my grandson in tow, where I spent the next three hours on the phone with boost one more time. In actuality the Sprint store could do nothing for me because they are not Boost Mobile, however with that said they were really awesome. During this three hour conversation after demanding to be connected to somebody that could understand when I was trying to tell them they connected me all right…

Right back to Apple! I explained the situation to Apple and they called Boost Mobile with me on the phone listening for an hour, after which time they gave me a virtual pat on the back, wished me good luck and rightfully hung up. The bottom line is that there is no one year warranty with Apple on any pre-owned phone at all regardless of whether or not it is certified. I had the representative pull up their own website and read out loud, all about the wonderful phone I was getting and the amazing warranty it had. Only to have them say that it was not true.

So now between the hours I spent at the sprint store the hours I spent on the phone with boost and the time I’m spending doing this review I think I probably have spent a good 10 hours dealing with this. Please don’t take my word for it… Go to boostmobile.com, click on phones then click on all phones and scroll down until you see an Apple certified preowned phone, click on get it now and read all the wonderful things they have to say about it. They finally agreed that I could send the phone back and get a refund but I had to pay for the shipping. That’s when the straw absolutely broke the camel’s back. I will be sending a letter to the attorney general… Although their phone service is pretty decent their ethics are unconscionable. You can’t even go into a boost mobile store because each one of them is a franchise. There is literally no one you can talk to that can remotely help. So please beware don’t do it!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have been with Boost for over 2 years and have always had great service with them, even customer service online and in store. Best service I ever had with great pricing on phones and plans. Also, every year I get new phone, the ladies in my local store are the best, they know me personally and what I'm looking for!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I've been with Boost Mobile for two years now. It has been a negative experience. So bad that I am switching service soon. My phone loses service all the time. Customer service in CA hung up on me when I contact them about the issues that have been happening more frequently with hanging up on calls or not receiving texts and calls. How the bars go up and down it's ridiculous. The first time I contacted Customer service they gave me a number to reset my phone. I did that. Nothing change. Then I contacted customer service again and I was hung up on real fast by a man who I could barely hear on the phone. He was talking so fast and low then he just hung up without letting me tell him further details.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Boost service is awful!! Unless you use wifi, there is no data service. Some calls don't come in. Texts sometimes go through and sometimes don't. Have received texts 3 days after they were sent. Stay away. Terrible service all around.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Wanted to switch to a family plan. Would rather have a root canal. 2 of the members had already paid for the month, according to c.s. we would lose almost $100 because it's starting a new plan. According to their website that's not true. I've been with this company for too long. I'm done. Go somewhere else... Anywhere will be better.

Boost Mobile Company Information