2.01/5
Based on 126 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Boost Mobile

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 10, 2018

759 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Boost has been great for me and I've been with them 12 years. They are very customer-oriented and that is very important to me. Responsiveness is critical in a service world.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I was recently planning a visit to the UK to my mother. I called BOOST regarding 'unlocking' my iPhone 6. I've owned it for nearly two years so, when I eventually got the 'person' involved in this process. He verified my details and said, 'Your phone is unlocked'. Great I thought, I can now purchase a SIM card in UK and use my phone over there. Not the case. I try the SIM, and I keep getting a 'Your phone is locked' message. I think this must be an error, and visit a top tech store for help. The gent verified that my phone was indeed still locked!!! I was fuming, time wasted, out of pocket, no phone to use as planned.

On returning to the US (Calif) I visited a Boost store, and wasted over ONE HOUR of my life, while a nice, but, not well-trained person called Boost numbers and we BOTH waited, and waited, and etc!!! Then, once connected, she asked the person a question and was cut off!! SO, another call, more waiting. Then, transferred to another person for more waiting.

At the end of all this I am informed they can unlock my phone but that will be the end of my BOOST account. I asked, "Is that the way you treat a long-time customer?" But, that's just the way it is -- so don't attempt to SIM your Boost phone folks they'll just drop you and your account. It's basically a 'dark age' of phone companies now; plus, the help service gets worse and worse; I'm told that my data usage (no more than I've ever used) is nearly gone before the end of each month (no doubt an attempt to get me to buy more?); and, I recently tried to get onto the internet just outside San Diego to call Uber, only to not get service, when all others around me were connecting… so, Boost obviously feel they have enough customers to bully and kick around. It'll soon be gone and so will Boost.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Have been with provider for a while. Have never had a dropped. They always give ample time to pay bill. I am very satisfied with Boost, the price is right for the service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Boost Mobile is just right for me. I pay $30.00 per mo. which includes unlimited everything. I've had my phone for about a year and I have not called customer support because I have not had any issues. Works for me. I've had dropped calls but who doesn't!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Boost Mobile is a very easy company to go through. No contract, can't go over on your bill, no hidden charges. Reliable service & I get service almost everywhere I go. I have been with this company for a few years now & definitely wouldn't switch to another company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have had very little trouble with Boost mobile. I have taken it to various street from vacation and I have had reception all the time. I have a family plan for my whole family and Boost mobile works very well for us.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I've been with Boost Mobile for at least 3 or 4 years now. Recently my Galaxy j3 6 screen broke, and I had to switch back to my Prevail LTE which is junk. I saw a Boost Up program in store, $1 down and 8 a month for a phone I wanted. So I asked the representative in the store, who wasn't sure why I wasn't qualified. So I called the service #, and got some terrible English-speaking person as usual. They told me that I didn't qualify because I didn't make 12 on time payments, which is a joke. I have a 14 day grace period for billing, and I haven’t missed one payment since I got the phone.

So they refused to give me the reboost after THREE YEARS of being a LOYAL customer! What the hell? Really? I responded that I have been with them and have not been disconnected in two years, but they still refused. I'm done, I've had it. I have been with them for 3 years at least, and this is how they treat me as a customer? Yeah no. Unless I get this damn upgrade, I'm done. This is the SECOND time I had to fight with them. Last time was over refer a friend, I had to fight for THREE MONTHS to get my discount, and I had to report them to the BBB. I've absolutely HAD it with this crappy company, and will be looking into AT&T once Christmas hits.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The first time I bought this phone (2016)... Was when everything was all good. But lately I just paid my bill ($69.00). For unlimited as always when I pay. But now my phone keeps saying I don't have enough space on my phone to download apps. And I've deleted every pics that was on my phone. (Even my kids) pictures... just to see if it was gonna let me download them. But to no luck. Only to download one app at a time. INSTEAD of a FEW APPS... When I have all the space to download. Why am I paying for unlimited data and unlimited everything when I can't even download games and other apps?? Screw Boost Mobile. I'm about to switch phone service... cause this ** is blowing me with the lies they tell... I recommend for ppl to NOT GO with BOOST MOBILE for YOUR PHONE SERVICE... THANK YOU.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

All phone company only want the customer money, don't give the service promise. We feeling sad because they never have a solution for any problem, and the customer service don't do nothing.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had unfortunately left Metro PCS in order to get a supposed better deal with Boost Mobile, but that was a BIG mistake!! I bought an iPhone 6 thru Boost Mobile and according to their map it should have covered my area but in reality it didn't. I was able to use it sometimes depending on the area I was in. I told them about it, thinking they would help me but they didn't. I switched companies due to the lack of service in my area and Boost Mobile refused to unlock my iPhone that I paid for because I didn't stay with them for 12 months.

They didn't seem to understand that it would be pointless for me to pay for a service that doesn't work in my area. I understand that they have a policy but they are falsely advertising with their coverage map! I will never do business with them again. It is sad that they lie to people in order to get business. I almost forgot to mention that I had also bought 3 other phones that same day for my family. The whole thing was a waste of time and money.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Paid insurance on my son's phone for over a year until his backpack was stolen (with his phone inside) the same evening that his bill was due. I got to work the next day and tried to file a claim online and Brightstar denied it. Called customer service on the 24th and they escalated it to Boost's corporate for permission to replace it. Told me to call back on the 27th. Well, I just got off the phone with them and Boost has decided that our claim would be denied indefinitely because I called to file the initial claim a day after his bill was due.

The funny part is that they REALLY think that I'm going buy a phone from them for FULL PRICE and then turn around and get his service turned back on. LMAOO! Not gonna happen. Not only did they just lose a customer, but they've lost an entire family of customers because I'm switching my entire family over to Verizon. Boost is just another name for SPRINT so I wasn't surprised by the lack of customer service and their willingness to lose a customer at all.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have a great representative at Boost Mobile. He's very competent at his job, great salesmanship (Not too pushy)! I like the fact that I can still receive incoming calls with limited phone service due to making a late payment! Great deals with first purchase, (free phone, etc)!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Very spotty for actual voice conversations, otherwise text, Google, other features are great. Customer service has improved over time, but honestly rarely need to use it. Price I pay for service beats all others hands down.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Boost Mobile is awesome for tight budgets. Not overpriced. Coverage is great. And there are deals for acct credit always available. Thank you very much and good day.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I switched to Boost from Metro PCS and got an iPhone 6 32gb which I was really really wanting and with unlimited data at $50 which is what I was paying at Metro. It was perfect. The salesperson who sold me the phone told me that I would have amazing coverage at my home which made it more perfect. I was lied to. I live pretty much in the middle of town and my service is so slow it's ridiculous. I go to other parts of town and I either have no service at all or I have great service. I almost wanna move to the great service part of town and I would if I could afford it. I can't do anything while I'm in my home; I can’t get on Facebook, I can't play any of the games I have on my phone, I can't access internet. Sometimes texts and calls won't go through because my signal is so poor. I'm mostly mad because I was lied to just to make a sale. Looks like I'm just gonna go back to Metro where the service was always excellent.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

What a nightmare! About a month ago my phone fell and the screen cracked. I was thankful that I had purchased and paid monthly for phone protection plan. (Now on side note, the Star Insurance company is horrible and that's a different complaint). Now a month later I decided I wanted to leave and return to Metro PCS. And here is when I learned that since my phone had been in my possession for only a month my phone was lock for good. I couldn't transfer my phone. The phone would be lock for one year.

This company enslaves its customers into its business even when you're dissatisfied. I was told if I wanted to leave I must either wait 11 months or sell my phone to a Boost mobile store. This company's policy is disgraceful. I recommend people to stay away. Don't buy their phone or give your money to insurance plan. STAY AWAY. You will regret doing business with this company. I know I do. Sincerely locked in a service plan with a disgraceful company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I first joined Boost, when it was one of the few pre-paid wireless providers that made it easy. I've had service with them for 7 years, no problem. I am currently on the West Coast, but when traveling to the East Coast, service is non-existent. My one and only complaint is that after being with them for this long that there are no concessions. The 'preferred' plan is very helpful. You can still receive calls and texts, but cannot call-out or reply back. Once you re-boost, that time that you couldn't actually use your phone is still part of that extra time.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Boost Mobile service just sucks. I had them for years in December. I switched to Metro but ended up switching back because Metro didn't have any service on my drive to work. I purchased the iPhone 6s Plus in March. For the last 4/5 months I've been calling about an issue that has yet to be resolved. I called them to have my phone unlocked so that I could switch to Verizon prepaid. They first told me that the phone had to be on the account for at least six months before that could be done.

Once they saw I met the criteria I was then told I had to wait until March of next year. If I'm not connected to WiFi no internet. The last CSR told me it was due to so many lines hitting the same tower at the same time. Needless to say they refused to unlock and told me I should sell it to someone who has a Boost service. The phone is paid for. I should be able to do with it as I please. I am not happy with Boost Mobile. The service sucks. If you're thinking of trying them you should reconsider.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

WORST SERVICE BOTH in each Boost office & staff & horrible in private use. Boost office staff are incompetent, not able to answer all questions/interest well or don't want to & are VERY argumentative. Went to TWO (2) different offices, both the same. TERRIBLE!! Went back to cancel service the next day & this guy refused to allow us to cancel nor refund our money THOUGH the service didn't function for us at all in our areas.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Just wanting to let everyone know that if you have a Sprint account, you should not try to change to Boost Mobile. Since Sprint is a mother company of Boost, The transfer is a nightmare. If you purchase a phone online, you can not get it activated since you have a account with Sprint. When you try to contact their customer service, you can't because you don't have a Boost account. It took me almost 2 months trying to get a refund for a purchase online. Also if you do migrate your number over to Boost, they will not give you any promotions and possible you will have to get a new number.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

In anticipation of Hurricane Irma on 9/6/17 I went into a local Boost Mobile store here in New Port Richey & purchased an iPhone & Boost Mobile monthly coverage for $57.00 a month. I picked the iPhone since it is a brand name. On 9/8/17, I left my apartment in New Port Richey & went up to Ocala to stay with friends during the hurricane since I am elderly & didn't want to be alone for this hurricane. For some reason this hurricane scared me. Well wasn't I surprised when my cell phone didn't get any coverage while I was up there. I tried getting a signal by plugging the phone into the USB port in my car but then it meant I would have to turn my car on to get it to work & gas was a precious commodity at that time. My friends whom I was staying with had cell phone service at all times but they use Verizon (shame on me).

Since we were cautioned not to go on the road directly after the hurricane hit & gas was still hard to come by I had to sit & wait for a couple of days with no cell service of my own. On 9/13/17, I headed back to New Port Richey since I felt it was safe to do so. Although I did rent a motel room in Pasco County just in case. On 9/14/17 I went directly to the Boost Mobile store where I spent the $323.13 for the phone & service to complain about this no cell service etc and all I got was "oh well you're past the 7 days return policy". HUH. Well sorry about that I was stopped by a hurricane & the aftermath. Couldn't get here sooner.

Not being able to do a return & get my money back to go to Verizon who offers the same deal on prepaid phone service I sent a complaint to Boost Mobile via their website asking to unlock the phone so I could go to Verizon using the same phone since in addition to paying for the iPhone at Boost I also bought Apple insurance via Apple for an additional $106.00 (approximately), so now I'm out $429.13+. I received NO answer or contact from Boost Mobile via the website complaint so I complained on Twitter also & gave them all the info plus my home number & have heard nothing from them either. Complaining at the store definitely got me nowhere. The clerk thinks this is funny.

In addition on the day I did the original purchase I had also purchased a travel charger & when I got out to my car I realized I had a USB port in my car (senior moment) & didn't need the charger so I went right back & the clerk issued me a credit for the $16.04 which I am still waiting to hit my credit card so I reported that missing credit to my credit card company. So once again a Florida company has taken me over for my money. I would like a return of my money so I can go elsewhere & get a phone & coverage that works.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

The service is ok but charging me way I go into pay cash. They charge me 3 dollars to pay cash. Otherwise the service is decent but the charging when I pay cash is stupid.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I've never had a problem and their service is great. Gives me just what I need nothing more nothing less and a great price. I think people would find them to be very satisfactory for their cell phone service.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I was on Sprint many years, I was dumped, he finally released my number to me. That's why to save money I went to Boost Mobile, prepaid spend down. Works very well for me. I enjoy my phone and texting very much.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Not honoring their ads - I bought a 35 plan at 6 gbs... They would not honor it because I was on the 3gbs plan before, but it's a prepaid service not a contract phone... Very disappointed with Boost and would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Boost is a good company but if you pay in cash, the people who run the individual stores, they are allowed to charge a extra fee for their own pockets! If you use a credit card, they won't charge you. This is wrong!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've been a customer of Boost for over 5 yrs. I bought a new phone Jul. 2016 tried to get the unlock code in Aug. 2017. They wouldn't do it because they said I didn't have the phone for a year after the store I bought proved to them that I did. As of today my phone is still locked.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My experience with Boost has been satisfactory. Their smartphone has good enough reception and all app updates download and install easily. Admittedly, I want ringtones, though, and they have none. But I don't know if anyone does.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I've had Boost Mobile for over 14 years and the customer service gets worst by the year... The customer appreciation has never even existed with them. I've paid 60 for a unlimited plan for 7 years. Never informed of the plan dropping to 50. Couldn't tell me why I was still and currently pay 60. Bought my kid the same plan at 50. Couldn't add a line so I two separate lines which is so stupid because I should be on the family plan. Tried to do that. Interrupted on line. Said I need more money. I hate this phone company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I wouldn't trade companies for anything. I've been with them for almost 10 years!!! I've gone through more phones than anyone I know!!! Customer service will take time and get me through my oops and back.

Boost Mobile Company Information

www.boostmobile.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use