1.40/5

979 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

Boost Mobile is a fraud company. They are selling locking phone and never unlocked the phone. I never use more. I am giving 0 stars. Not good. Use another company more better. Customer service really bad???

Original review: April 17, 2019

I noticed that Sprint "Boost Mobile" network towers have outages too many times. Brooklyn NY USA, last July 2018. I noticed that my $35 monthly plan with Boost Mobile 8Gs a month have been used up within a week. That was CRAZY. I hadn't used the internet at all. I called Boost Mobile customer care and they informed me that the Network towers were down, okay so I asked why had my GBs been used up. I had paid my bill about 3 days before. I didn't get a response. So I asked, "Will I get my unused GBs back?" I was told NO. THIS means that Sprint Boost Mobile is surely RIPPING Customers OFF.

Since then I've changed to the $50 monthly plan off unlimited data plan. The difference between the GBs is that I don't run out of Data. It just runs slow and buffers tremendously. Once a month I check the status of the Network Tower Outages in Brooklyn NY. Every month they are down. This is illegal is it not, never has Sprint Boost Mobile informed customers about THIS. Like I said customers that have plans consists of a certain amount of GBs monthly are certainly BEING ROBBED.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I started at Boost Mobile in July of 2017. Bought their phone, and was very satisfied with service, payment, ease of area connection until 3 weeks ago. Storm hit in San Diego, and suddenly lost 90 percent of my phone connection. I waited for an improvement, and now decided to change my mobile service to another company. I am sure the Sprint towers (Boost is subsidiary of Sprint) were affected so I have no choice to end with Boost. I have learned, even though there is no contract, if you buy their phone, it will be locked for a year, which they were not transparent about at time of purchase. My phone is eligible to be unlocked. This is where my problem started. I have phone company picked out and am anxious to switch, but cannot for 72 hrs because of Boost's 'policies'.

This is NOT a good customer service "policy". If I had known that they could not unlock my phone so another company could put their sim card in my phone for 72 hours, AND if I had known they locked a phone that you bought from them for a full year, so you could not use that same phone, and would have to buy another one in order to change companies -- I would never have entered their store. Now I wait, and cannot change to the phone company I want for 2 more days. Also you cannot go through Boost store to create a "case" to unlock your phone. You are required to CALL customer service and is a real pain going through the time it takes to get to a live customer service employee to get the case started. It is very stressful and includes questions asked, I didn't want to answer.

I was transparent from the beginning as to the reason why I was wanting to switch to another company, but again you have to go through time consuming recordings to get to the right person to tell your problems to so they can "troubleshoot" and create case for that too. They are not affected by losing you as a customer. The stores at Boost should be transparent about the sell of their phones having a condition of being locked for a year -- which is no different than a contract. It IS A CONTRACT with their phones. There is nothing written stating this condition with the sale of their phones. This should be illegal. I am not going to recommend a company that is not forthright and transparent with their policies. Facebook is a huge reason why companies should be careful with this matter of how they treat their customers. Goodbye Boost.

Original review: April 14, 2019

On February 2, 2017 I purchased 7 Plus iPhone for the full price of $724.00 from Boost Mobile. I also purchased a prepaid plan card $45 each month. During my time with Boost Mobile experienced very poor service. As a result, I took my phone to Verizon. I knew that I would would need all the information for the phone, such as serial number, my four digit code number and other confidential information before Boost Mobile would release my phone and start a new service with Verizon Wireless, along with my phone number.

It took approximately 2 hours over the phone with Boost Mobile inside the Verizon store with the staff assistance to get Boost Mobile to release my phone. Boost Mobile employee was very difficult, rude and argumentative with me and kept telling that I couldn't change provider. However, I knew this was a lie because I specifically had bought a cell phone that I can take anywhere. They lied relentlessly by insisting they can't release my phone. However, I assertively demanded that they release my phone as required and told them that they can't force me to stay with them.

After two hours going back and forth with Boost Mobile, they finally released my cell phone and number to Verizon wireless. The hold time the Boost Mobile employee continued referring to some policy and contract required 12 months with them. I knew that I was not under any contract because I paid in full cash for my phone and NEVER signed any contract with them. Plus, I was purchased prepaid cards. I told them that they were committing fraud by making up fake contracts. When I threaten to sue, they entire two hour debate shifted quickly and my cell phone and number was released to Verizon wireless.

Recently, I gave that exact same cell phone to my brother-in-law who did not have a phone. When he tried to have the phone activated with Straight Talk, he was told that the phone needed to be released by Boost Mobile. When he told me this I was shocked, as I knew that Boost did not have a hold on the cell phone, because my last provider was Verizon wireless. I called Boost to try and make sense of the problem. To my surprise I discovered on April 9, 2019 that Boost had once again committed fraud by reopening my account and locked my cell phone again. Even though, I had no active account or services with them since 2017.

Again, the person on the phone with me stated the exact same thing I was told in 2017. That Boost policy and contract can't release cell phone until 12 months has passed. I asked how this was possible when my last provider was Verizon wireless and the phone was released in 2017 to Verizon. The Boost Mobile employee said he can't answer that.

I demand that they immediately release my cell phone as they had no legal right or authority to reblocked my phone after I had left Boost service provider in 2017. I even spoke with a supervisor who was not able to explain to me how they took control of my iPhone again without my knowledge or awareness until recently. It's been several days now, with several phone calls and speaking to different people for up to an 1 hour each time arguing and debating with Boost Mobile the fraudulent acts they are committing by taking released cell phones hostage. I was told the issue would be investigated and I will get an email. Days have gone by and I haven't gotten an email from Boost Mobile or heard anything from them.

This company keeps closed accounts open, reopen closed accounts and reblock cell phones when they have no authority or right to your confidential information. One other thing they told me was buy "Take my phone kit". I did that and still my phone remained blocked by Boost Mobile when it shouldn't be. As of this date not one Boost Mobile representative is able to explain to me why they have taken control of my cell phone.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Had service with them for years. Made mistake of buying phone through them for wife. Didn't work. They tried troubleshooting and somehow deleted my wife's number and their only explanation was we would have to do without her service while. I mailed phone to warranty. Needless to say we took out different phone service that same night and they want me to pay them for phone! And I think they should have to pay my expenses. Don't use them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have been a Boost Customer for a very long time, I've switched to almost every other company but found myself coming back. I'm reading so many bad reviews but truth is Metro service sucks. AT&T and Verizon are way too high. So like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Boost is just right.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Worst reception ever in Portland Oregon doesn't matter where you. Will definitely be going back to Metro. Much better experience. The phones are better. The service is way better. Yeah and I can't say much more. It's just lousy lousy reception. You can't ever do anything yeah and in the hotspot you can't watch a show or anything because it's so slow that it won't even. It just tiles and is it a waste of money.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I wish there was a button for 1/4 star or 1/2 star. I feel this company is not ethical because I've been lied to by several customer service agents and they refused to give me my 12.00. Technically it's not the amount of money so much as it is the principle of it, it is my money and they should have done what other reputable companies do to refund your balance once you are no longer with them. Boost Mobile was continuing to carry over my $12 instead of using it to apply it to the next month bill so, when I switched service from boost to another carrier they told me they couldn't do anything, I had to take it up with my credit card company. Long story short I still have not received my money back from Boost Mobile. I even had a 3-way call with a Boost Mobile representative and my credit card company and finally my credit card company said "I see what's going on here," and asked the the Boost representative to disconnect from the call.

The credit card company told me Boost Mobile had no intention of giving me my money back, very disappointing and sad that a large company like that can be so underhanded and keep people money. Over the course of two weeks I spoke with numerous customer service agents and a few supervisors. I was put on hold for long periods of time, I had one customer service representative yell at me and talk down to me and several of them Hung up on me. Almost half of them told me they couldn't see my account/didn't see I have a credit because I ported my phone and was no longer with them to which I replied that's a lie because the representatives before you could see it just fine. Only then were they able to miraculously find the account.

One supervisor told me I would be hearing back from them within a week. The financial department would contact me and let me know whether or not they were going to give me my money back. They never contacted me so I called back and asked for the financial department. That representative told me they don't have a financial department. The customer service agents do all that and can see everything and the account. When I began asking him when I would receive my $12 he promptly replied he couldn't see my account, I had to remind him that he just told me he could see everything in the account... True story.

After being hung up on several times by different customer service Representatives I realized that was their game, to put you on hold and then hang up on you. It takes a while to reach a live person so when you do it's horrible to be hung up on, ask the same questions over and over by various Representatives because they do not want to put you through to a supervisor or manager. I wouldn't even recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Original review: April 7, 2019

First off let me express how terrible this phone company is because they really are. The promo phones are buggy, glitchy, laggy, whatever you wanna call it. They act as though they already have viruses on them. I have had to restart this phone 6 or 7 times in the 2 weeks I have owned this phone - the Stylo 4. This service provider is so behind you can't even talk on the phone and use the internet. They charge you 50 a month for unlimited data but don't tell you that the mobile hotspot data isn't unlimited and runs out very quickly. I can't seem to get decent service to save my life. I will be switching back to Metro. WAY BETTER service. This is experience was so bad I will campaign against anyone ever claiming Boost is worth a penny. This is the worst phone service in the world. Do not switch to them.

Original review: April 2, 2019

No service, slow browser, browser locks up, phone touch options don't respond. With them 6 mos, got 3 mos free with my complaints. Lost a job opportunity because emails not posting, and so on. Excuse, upgrading towers in your area. Will be fixed in 30 days. This went on for 6 mos! Had horrible experience with local store in Dania Beach, FL, on US 1 just North of of Stirling Rd. ** manager accused me of being racist, after I had been back to store multiple times to try and get issues resolved. Tried to bar my Service & Therapy dog in order to stop me from coming in. I only requested she finish with me, she sold me service, before dealing with NEW incoming customers! STAY AWAY. I am back with Metro PCS. Happy & getting excellent signal, service & phone that works.

Boost Mobile Company Information