1.24/5

1004 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

After simply asking Boost Mobile why my phone was on roaming in the usual service provider areas, they assured me the towers in the area were working fine. Obviously they aren’t because my device indicates that I am still roaming. I then stated that I would drop the service provider for a more competent one because they were unable to help or give a meaningful answer. They then offered to reduce my monthly payment by $10 and offered a free month of service. I begrudgingly accepted and then they gave me a code to type in to reset my device with the new plan. And now my phone has repeatedly failed to set up the service via update. So my phone went from not working well, to not working at all. Customer service has been unhelpful. After going through 4 or 5 agents I'm just done. This isn't worth it. I don’t even care about the free month and reduced payment because it is useless with my now equally useless phone.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased an iPhone XR from Best Buy for a friend who passed away. He used Boost and I use Sprint. Boost locked the phone and won’t unlock it because of their policy to keep the phone locked for one year. His service was deactivated so the policy means it will never be unlocked. They won’t even unlock for a new Boost or Sprint account.

Original review: June 30, 2019

All I was trying to do was activate my daughter's phone and add it to my family plan. I spent over an hour just trying to speak with a HUMAN by phone. Gave up. Tried the support chat. Introduced with a name (implying an actual human) but it is a bot that doesn't understand what you say and therefore can't even seem to give relevant responses. Spent another hour trying to get a human by phone. Finally got one. Was hung up on. Next person? Also hung up on me. Next few places me on hold for ages, a couple wouldn't let me then talk to a supervisor (ARE THERE ANY SUPERVISORS?!). All the while, I kept at trying to figure out the problem myself.

After several hours, I FIGURED IT OUT MYSELF. After having been brought to tears and thrown into a massive panic attack from the atrocious behavior of the "customer support" jerks. I can't even tell you how bad it was. It was the absolute worst "customer service" experience of my whole life, with any type of company ever. Whatever you do, NEVER USE BOOST MOBILE, the second something goes wrong and you need support, you have landed yourself in a full blown nightmare. Stay away. If I could give less than one star I would.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Every store I go in at Boost in New Orleans it seems like the Arabs are racist towards ** people and ** people. And then they will not sell you a phone if you do not pay the activation fee which clearly Boost Mobile says they do free activations. But the people that work at the stores are only looking for a hustle so they lie about their own advertisement.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Called Boost Mobile on May 22, to unlock my Galaxy S7. I was given a reference number and the person confirm my request was honored. [Reference number **] Today, June 26, 2019 I ported out my phone number to another carrier only to find out that my phone still lock to Boost. My phone has already been paid for. My request has not been honored. I have spoken to more than 7 customer service agents and still the issue has not been resolved. I just finished speaking to someone and now they tell me I have to wait 48 hours on top of the month I had already waited. This totally sucks. I can provide proof that the request has not been honored by Boost Mobile and they just keep bouncing me from one agent to the next.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Never use this service. Worst company with no customer service. You will never get refund. It's fraud company. Send phone back for full refund but then after waiting for customer service 1 hour and they will say in 3 days you get but never.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I have been in Boost for 5 months and they have screwed up my plan twice, took my insurance away because and my wife had a joint account with me as primary and she lost her phone and had another sent but now my screen cracked and I found out they used the insurance for my phone on my wife so they just keep my money and say, “Sorry that happen to you but your wife still has insurance. Try to use hers." So I did phone transfer. After transfer nothing but them saying go back to Boost so I did now. They say, "We can offer you to fix screen. Just pay." and I said no. I'm done with this company. Never coming back to the rip-off Mobile company.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I’ve sought out this page to report how utterly atrocious and infuriating Boost Mobile’s customer service is. I’ve had my last customer service experience just moments ago..I am done. If you decide to call customer service have a drink handy or a stress ball because you will be vibrating with anger and frustration at the experience. My complaint is this:

My son was stranded and I needed to find him. He sent me his location and I put it in my maps. Along the way driving in an area I’m unfamiliar with, my unlimited data I pay for dropped, leaving me lost not knowing where I’m at and knowing my son is stranded somewhere. I pull over and call and explain I’m in my car lost and all my data just dropped making maps or anything requiring data to be useless. I asked to be reset from the tower as this was not the first time my data dropped and I “knew the drill”. She didn’t listen to what I said AT ALL. She asked for the address I was at. I repeatedly told her I was LOST and my son stranded. Just please reset me so I can go find my son..she said she couldn’t help without exact address..after several minutes of me trying to explain she finally said she could reset..then asked if I had a landline to use to reset my cell.

I explained again that I WAS LOST AND IN MY CAR TRYING TO FIND MY SON..to save time I’ll say this; I was on the phone for another half hour with her and then the instructions she gave were not correct which caused me to call back, next rep transfers me back to automated system, the rep after that dropped the call, after that one, finally someone helped and I was on my way..an hour and a half later..

Today I called to suspend my 13 yr old's phone number since the phone won’t charge. I’m the primary, they need the primary’s permission to add a line in the family plan..however the primary cannot suspend the number without a pin..no big deal..EXCEPT I now know the pin# I set up when I added her line was not put in correctly..so they wanted me to tell them the exact month day and year I added her number. Years ago..like we ALL just have that date locked in our memory..ugh so frustrating!!

There is no option for the primary to suspend a number THEY’VE added without the pin or knowing the exact date you added it..and I knew MY pin# as the primary! They say you can email them with the phone number you want to suspend and a picture of some Identification..I explained at least 20 times that my 13 yr old doesn’t have ID..Customer Service reads from scripts, there is a big language/culture barrier that makes a disconnect in customer service understanding basic issues, countless hoops to jump thru for assistance, expect to repeat your issue several times to make them understand what you need. This is definitely not a company you can rely on especially in an emergency situation. They’ll likely not listen to you or understand. Worst customer service in my life. If I could leave this review with NO stars I would, but that’s not an option.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I have had Boost Mobile for about 5 years now. I must say that I have never had a major problem with connectivity and data reach. I get service in some pretty rural areas. I live right outside of a major city, services always work, I rarely use wifi when at home. Calls never drop, I get all of my messages, but sometimes they are out of order.

The one main complaint I have with Boost is that the phone they provide (or phones compatible with their service) is either super cheap or super expensive. I wish that certain phone (some that are classified as international phones) or phones of the mid-line category were available on their Network... They are not due to them being a CDMA. The phone selection is pretty slim in my opinion. Especially phones for Samsung. I currently have a Samsung J7 Perx, after having it for about 6 months it began moving slow. It's been 3 years now with this phone and it's almost unbearable how slow it can move and boost doesn't have too much of a better alternative unless I wanna pay about $700 for the Galaxy S9.

I really wish that phones such as the Samsung Galaxy A50 or Samsung Galaxy A70 or even the Samsung Galaxy M40 were available on Boost Mobile, but Boost being a CDMA those phones won't even work remotely on Boost. I will still have to see if any of those phones work on other networks since they are meant for the international market but I just wish Boost at least was a contender to carry those phones, especially since they have such good service.

Original review: June 10, 2019

ONCE AGAIN I WAS SUCKERED INTO THIS JUNK SERVICE!! I swore I would NEVER GO BACK TO THESE PEOPLE BUT WITH LITTLE MONEY AND THEIR PROMOTIONS THEY GET PEOPLE EVERY TIME. I’m toooo pissed and there’s toooo much wrong with phone and service I don’t even have the energy to explain. Just know T-Mobile is the best, most professional service. Please go there and save the stress of dealing with a company who should have been obsolete a LONG TIME AGO!!

Boost Mobile Company Information