3.7/5 (1108 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: July 28, 2021

I have a fibre op bundle, TV, Phone and Internet. Bell Aliant sucks you in for a "fixed" price be it a year or two or three; and then an increase occurs during the year, usually $10.00 or sometimes more often. Fine print (very fine) states that Bell Aliant can raise prices if... (pick a reason). At the end of the contract, when advising them about one's intention shop elsewhere, lo and behold prices drop to get you to sign another one, two or three "fixed price". Mind, the other main provider is very similar.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Since November 1, 2020 I am on a $75.00 month to month plan with Bell Mobility as I supply my own phone. When I signed up for this plan, I am offered a discount of $5.00 per month for 12 months so I will pay $70.00 + HST each month. About 2 months ago, I get a notice from Bell that my monthly rate is going up by $5.00 per month so now I will have to pay $75.00 per month plus HST. Bell is notorious for pulling off these surprise increases. Needless to say, I am pissed off so I call them and complain & I am basically told that that there is nothing they can do. Eventually they put me on a shared data plan for $75.00 per month + HST but no $5.00 discount per month.

I call Bell yesterday & get this CSR who is trying to push me to sign up for other Bell services EVEN AFTER I TELL HER THAT I AM NOT INTERESTED. I tell her that I want to speak directly with the Loyalty department. She then decides that she will call the loyalty dept herself & she will act as the intermediary and relay to me what the loyalty rep says to her. I am beyond pissed and tell her to CONNECT ME DIRECTLY TO A LOYALTY REP. The CSR finally does this and the loyalty rep tells me that there is nothing that she can do so I hang up as this is a complete waste of my time. We are overcharged by the big 3 for cellular service & the CRTC does absolutely nothing to stop the incessant nickel & diming increases that we get from these Telcos like Bell Canada.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I was tricked into taking a Galaxy Tablet. Told it was free as part of a promotion then seen charges on my bill showing I was paying monthly fees for it. I called to cancel services and explained what happened. The representative kept trying to avoid canceling service. I told her I didn't want to be with a company that tricks customers into products they don't want. I explained I would rather pay out remainder of the contract than stick with them. Representative turned off services and hung up on me. May 25th 2021.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Internet was not so bad, but their client service is horrible. I tried to cancel my internet service, called them, got confirmation that it will be cancelled on Mar 31. On Apr 15 I got a call, they said my service is still active, and I have to pay for 1 more month. Hate them for that.

Original review: May 3, 2021

This is nothing new with Bell Canada. Years ago I got a bill from them telling me that I owed them about $1500. I called them to dispute the bill but was told that I was billed for a breach in a contract. So I responded by saying that I didn't have a contract with them. They told me that sometime back that I agreed to a contract so I asked how was that possible since I never signed anything and I was a loyal customer for decades. They asked me if I remember receiving a phone call asking me if I would like to save money on my bill? I told them I didn't remember any call but even if I did how is that a contract?

They were upset with me because I stopped their service and went somewhere else and if I cancelled within the first year of my discount then I would be off the hook. So if you verbally say yes to being asked if you want to save money you automatically are in a binding contract. That's dishonest and deceptive when you're not told openly what you're getting into. I'll never do business with Bell again EVER!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I can't deny that Bell provide great service and never have a problem with bell service but when it comes to customer service it sucks!!! They usually transfer your to call to different department and they keep transferring. I called Bell and CSR transfer my call to port department then they transfer to sales department then BNS department then again port/sales/BNS. I talked to each department at least 4 times and what's the resolution.... NOTHING.

Original review: March 31, 2021

You will continue to pay for your phone long after it's been paid. They will take the payments from you as 100% profit forever. They will penalize you on this amount if you are late... on monies you don't owe. A complete corrupt system void of proper, ethical action. Hiding behind literature and jargon. You will continue to pay for the phone long after your bill has been paid. They will continue to collect your payments until you realize what's happened. They are not responsible to stop collecting your payments until you tell them that you have paid in full. We are not supposed to have a mind that can process on all fronts. We focus to the best of our abilities on what we deem necessary to survive. We hope that our government institutions will keep rules in place for a just society to raise our children in.

Original review: March 30, 2021

This company is worst than the biggest thief in Canada. Please do take their product or services. I have lost a lot of money and time when I canceled their services. I called many times, every time I was promised that someone will contact me in few hours, till date no one has called me back. Appreciate it if someone advises me, how I can make them accountable and punish them for their unethical business practice. I want to take them to court. Thanks.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I bought an iPhoneXR from Bell 2 years ago under a 2 years plan. I paid $450 in security deposit which the representative said will be credited to my account once I end the contract. I confirmed it 2 months ago while chatting with an agent again, who told me that I have a remaining balance of $150, once I pay that I will get the $450 security deposit back as a credit to my account and I may use that credit pay the future bills. I decided to hold on and continue with the contact. Today I got to know that only $72 was the outstanding balance so I thought let’s pay it and end the contract but the agent told me in order to get access to my deposit I will have to make 6 consecutive bill payments without getting late. Which is ridiculous, even if I pay the rest of the amount and end the contract, I still can’t use that money? What If I do not wish to continue getting service from Bell after I end the contract?

Bell Canada’s representatives gives you information based on their knowledge and they don’t have much of it. One of the representatives will give you totally different information than the other. Even today while chatting with one of them, he changed his response (for the same question) 2 times. On top of that, Bell Canada has worst data plans ever. I have 10gb “unlimited” data plan and I am paying $140 after taxes. After 10gb I get 3g internet speed which is not even work as fast as 3g is supposed to be. You can’t even open your banking app and log into it, that’s how fast their 3g is. If you are reading this before buying a bell product, I suggest you stay away and go with a provider who doesn’t rip off their customers and feed lies to them and deceive them.

Original review: March 28, 2021

If there is one word to describe this company, it would be unprofessional. I am totally ready to take legal action with the lawyer I have contacted to proceed with suing the company for the act of fraud. Before I justify the reasoning behind my review, I would first like to explain to you my initial phone plan. For almost three years I paid about $150 a month for 20gb of data shared amongst three phones, and unlimited Canada calling and texting. However about three months ago (December 2020) I called Bell customer service and asked them if they had any promotions for the newly released Iphone 12 pro max. This is because I was looking for a new phone to replace my older Iphone 6.

The representative I was speaking assured me that since I had been with Bell for such a long time, they could offer me the exact same plan of 20gb shared data amongst three phone, with an addition to an 256gb Iphone 12 pro max (under a 2 year contract) for only an additional $8 a month. Right from the second I heard this I knew it was too good to be true. There was nowhere in this world where you could get the newest Iphone this cheaply. For this reason, I confirmed with the customer service representative over three times the EXACT amount I was going to be charged for the addition of this new phone. She kept responding by saying $158, which is precisely a $8 increase from my previous monthly bill. I hung up the phone exceptionally impressed and satisfied with the deal I had made. However my satisfaction was short lived.

Later, when I opened my inbox to pay for my bills, I noticed that Bell had charged me a total of $334. At first, I wasn’t concerned because after all those times I confirmed with the customer representative my bill in December 2020, I thought it was surely just a mix up. But when I called the customer service for the correction of my bill, they responded by saying that there was in fact no mix up and that $334 a month was the actual amount I was entitled to pay for my phone plan.

At this moment I realized that I had been unprofessionally scammed by the previous customer service representative that I talked to in December 2020. I tried explaining to the new customer service representative that I had repeatedly confirmed my bill to be only $158. The customer service simply denied it and said that the system states that by bill is subject to be $334. It finally came to my realization that I had been falsely scammed by the company Bell. I would’ve never initially accept to pay $334 a month for a new phone, and now I am apparently supposed to pay this amount due to an untrained, unqualified and fraud Bell customer service representative who tricked me into believing that I would get the latest iphone for $158 a month which is only an addition of $8 from my previous bill.

I have told Bell customer service to review their recording of my conversation in December 2020 with the customer service representative, and simply count for themselves the number of times I confirmed the amount of $158 a month with the representative. They’ve told me that they will review the conversation and call me back. However I must say that I have contacted a lawyer for legal advice and assistance, and we are both waiting on the response from Bell to decide whether we should commence a statement of claim in order to proceed with suing the company for fraud.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Everything with them is a problem. Nobody can really help me. When I call they transfer me from one place to another. Everything is extremely slow for whatever reason. I have had to wait on the line for hours. Bell is the worst company I have worked with. I regret very much for having chosen them for my internet office and unfortunately I am trapped with a stupid contract, because otherwise I would have already soothed that crap of service. Besides that they offered me a service that they cannot give me and they continue to charge me the same.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Bell sold me a $70 fibe 50 bundle for a year and I received a confusing quote but the agent explained me that it is still $70 for a year.. When I got the 1st bill it was $112. When checked via chat they told me it will be $70 from next bill...but now they say it will be $112 because I signed up for it quoting the initial quote. Looks like a trap for new customers so please ask for proper statement saying what the final amount you need to pay and don't blindly believe in their quote breakup. Trust me. It is tricky and confusing. Though the quality of internet is good I lost the trust in the brand! I recommend Bell to another person and now he too got into same situation. So beware!

Original review: March 20, 2021

When I visited Bell-kiosk (3625 Shaganappi Trail NW Level 1 Calgary, AB, T3A 0E2) to change my previous Komodo mobile to Bell mobility phone because I will be working in Northwest Territories from next month. A Sales Consultant (**) helped & guided me to select a proper phone & a relating plan. Also she transferred all the data from my old phone to my new Bell phone. She was remarkably patient and offered me a very kind service. I would like to suggest this Bell shop to many people. Also I'd like to recommend Bell Mobility to many people because it's working even in Northwest Territories, Yukon & Nunavut. Thank you Bell and Thank you **. Cheers!!!

Original review: March 16, 2021

In the period of exactly one month I was charged $132.71 for a supposedly "$15/month prepaid plan." They told me it was because I had made several calls internationally (to Idaho) which was outside of my plan and my credit card was set up for automatic top ups (which I was not aware of). Zero reimbursements, zero understanding. Thieving, cheating, nasty company. Do not trust.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I have had MTS (now Bell) for 25 years or more. 4 cellulars, home phone, internet. March 2020 had to drop internet as we were paying for high speed service after several tests, still getting dial up service -couldn't do with 3 children with remote learning. They advised they would give us a $10 discount. Didn't work. September 2020 called and spoke to them as needed another cellular. MTS/Bell advised I would get the 'bundle package' back if I got another service.

November 2, 2020 Manitoba went into CODE RED, essentials only. I waited until Christmas to get our son his cellular (at Costco (grocery store) as still CODE RED in Manitoba). I called January 6, 2021. They told me I had to get my bill first before they could add bundle pricing. Called January 27, 2021 and it started.... Numerous phone calls AND NOT ONE CALL BACK FROM MANAGEMENT. 4 times I was suppose to get a call back and never did. The 'unknown dropped calls' started from them. I would be on hold and my landline would disconnect!

February 2021, received letter that all of our cell plans were going up in price, to support 5G network! One of the unkind persons I spoke with was SARA. She was rude, while she is working from home.... Told me that 'loyalty does not exist with companies', that is not how you make money? I told her that was not true. She advised that we have no internet because we live in 'the country'.... Not true. I am so disappointed and plan to provide all the free advertising for Bell/MTS... and it is not positive! That is too bad when businesses get bigger they seem to lose interest in their customers. I will be switching carriers....

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

If you don't have time to monitor your bills each month, and call BELL for at least 1 hour each time to make sure you're paying what you're committed to. Forget it they are going to steal you at the end of $ 5 and $ 20 without you realizing it. Do not trust their system and especially the salesperson in the store who hides a lot of things from you on the so-called 2-year discounts. They don't tell you that an $ 8 expires in a year, or that a $ 15 expires in three months. He sings to you you pay that for 2 years. This is very wrong.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Ever since I moved to Canada last July 2020, I have been using Bell prepaid connection with auto top up feature. Since last couple of weeks I'm facing serious trouble with the cellular data connectivity and the manner in which the customer service agent look at the issue is pathetic. Each time when you connect with an agent, they will come up with a crap reason either by saying my data usage has exceeded or sometimes saying there is some issue with my phone and when I confront that my spare sim with data is working fine they changed their statement and told my sim card is damaged and upon advising I even went to one of the bell store in the mid of this lockdown and once that also didnt work when I contacted the customer service they came up with a new reason that is more ridiculous that my data usage is over and they can see I have consumed my entire data of 1 GB at 4.am of the subsequent day of my recharge day.

This is just impossible as I have been using my home wifi for the past several months as am working from home and my cellular data is always off unless I go out. I'm really frustrated after talking to the bell customer service and after failing to resolve this issue for more than 2 weeks I have decided to port my connection to some other reliable network. Customers BEWARE! Never rely on BELL PREPAID NETWORK.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Wow, I absolutely love Bell! I recently signed up. They have been a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Especially a care specialist named Kian! I got a great package for internet and tv services. The technician who set it up was great. So far, from top to bottom, the service has been top-notch, the price great, and the quality very high. I strongly recommend Bell! I had a bad experience with my previous internet provider, but if things continue smoothly with Bell, they can expect me as a loyal customer for a long time. Go Bell!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

WARNING: BELL IS SKETCHY. Not something I thought was possible with such a big company but here we are. I joined Bell on Dec 14th 2020 because my contract with my previous provider was up and Bell had the most appealing deal advertised. I thought, "Cool," went in and thought I'd be out of there in 30-40 mins with new phones. Wroooong. It took me over 3 hours to leave the store because they had an issue adding a promo (the whole reason I went with Bell). I would have left but at this point my numbers have been ported over so I had no choice but wait. I was assured by the dealers that it will be handled on their end. Of course knowing better and having trust issues understandably I followed up within the time I was allowed to bring the phones back. The manager at the dealership assured me that the issue has been resolved and I would see the promo credit on my next bill. Wroooooong. Got my bill and still no change.

The customer service including loyalty will not do a thing because I didn't renew online. The dealer keeps dodging me and telling me the manager is either away or has a "family emergency' and there's nothing they can do on their end. At this point I will be taking the phones to another provider for a BYOD plan and as for Bell they will be getting $0 from me instead of the close to $200 a month and I'd happily go to court to dispute this scam that they are trying to get away with and shine a light on their sleazy business anytime. I guess it's on me for not going on here and looking at reviews before joining them. There's a reason they are at the bottom of the list for service. All the one star reviews have valid reasons and all the 5 star reviews are clearly paid for or their employees/family members trying to fluff them up.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I've decide to switch my internet and mobile with the same telecom company when I moved into my new place. Bell internet no problem. Bell mobile.. June 18th 2020 1) the 1st agent, after over 40 min and after I agreed to his offer he finally told me that the promotion that he offered me was not available anymore... I agreed to the next best offer. He was suppose to transfer my number from my old career before 3 days. He changed my phone number so he did not made the transfer.

4th called later, speaking to a different agent all the time I asked the last agent (June 22th 2020) if it was not too late to cancel everything, he said no and told me that everything was cancel. On June 23th I received and email that was confirming the shipping of the ship and the tablet. I received everything on the 25th, went to Covid quarantine. Return the box that I never open. I tracked the package that they received on July 27th 8pm. From August to December every week they charged me for something that they have. I spoken to many agent... it was just terrible, unprofessional.

Since November 2020 I filled a complaint with CPRST. The agent from Bell that called me back was saying that they never received my tracking number, even if CPRST gave it again on November 13th 2020. On January 2021 I spoke with Bell internet (Fidelity services) The guy checked with my tracking number and they did received everything on the 27th... Now they are going into 2nd phase, meaning that they are charging for not returning the tablet within 15 days post receiving the packages in June 25th 2020. Even if I had cancel everything on the 22nd of June 2020. The billing was over 300$ for something they were not suppose to send ... unbelievable.

Stay away from Bell... the 1 stars reviews are for real... So I subscribe, I canceled, they send the package anyway, I returned it, they said I did not returned it, they never confirm that they had received the package, they wanted to charged me with it... Now they want to charged me delayed fees... Nothing to understand just terrible.... Stay away.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Bad company. Do not use. They changed my plan without my knowledge and overcharged me. When I called the rude customer service they have they said I changed my plan and everything is recorded. I ask for the recording. They said they can not let me hear it company policy. Everyone make a policy of his own. I offered to pay my bill that I agreed on when I signed up. They refused and send me to collection. Never use Bell. This company the service is sucks. I will never use them again no matter what.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Beware of pricing quotes. A Bell tech was outside my home and asked why I didn't have the fibre cable hooked up and that it was so much better and not much more money. I was paying $134 per month for tv internet and (home phone) that I didn't use but had to keep to get price discount. I called and asked what it would cost to get the Fibre optic cable that was at my home installed. I chose a plan and was quoted an additional $10.00 per month. Seemed reasonable so I went ahead with install.

When I received my next bill it was $250.00. I was shocked and called them. I was told that because I changed my plan I lost my previous discounts. I asked if I could go back to my previous services and was told that it was no longer available to me. I said that if this was going to the price going forward I would look for another provider. He said that was it nothing he could do. It was a ongoing battle with Bell over the years having to call every few months threatening to cancel to keep pricing reasonable (very tiring). So I am canceling and moving on. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Bell customer for almost 20 years. They agreed to a $250 device upgrade in October 2020. We activated an upgraded device on Dec. 26th. Called prior to going to kiosk to confirm the $250 device upgrade credit was on our account. The rep told us we can activate the phone and then call Bell to have the credit applied. Called Bell after activation and told us the credit did not exist, then they told us it expired after 30 days. I had confirmed it the day we had the phone activated. The rep we dealt with hung up on us as she said she could do nothing. Bell has not be pleasant to deal with. They are extremely passive aggressive and tend to either pass you to different reps and leave you on hold forever OR they hang up on you (either overt hang up or "accidentally loose connection"). I DO NOT recommend Bell due to their poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

The internet slowed down to the point we could not watch 1 device or FaceTime for several hours a day and it stops completely once or twice a day. We are on Wireless internet (a dish to a tower). When I called Bell initially I suggested they oversubscribed the tower. They said it was in my house; they sent a technician who agreed they oversubscribed the tower. Bell customer service did not agree; they sent a technician to change the dish. Still not resolved. They sent a new modem. Still not resolved. They agreed they oversubscribed the tower. Their resolution is no discount for services not working and they have no date for upgrade.. Boldly just told us .. "So sad. Too bad for you!'

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Switched to new Fibre installation on the street. Very satisfied. Not cheap but almost competitive. The TV has minor irritations such as insisting that you select Fiber after starting - this should be configurable as the automatic default - minor issue. Further refinements to the user experience are desirable.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I travelled outside Canada about 2 months ago. I called Bell to suspend my services temporarily (1 phone, 2 tablets on the contract). They instead canceled the Tablets. Now I have been trying to reactivate the services. I paid all to bring balance to 0. They activated my phone twice but again it discontinued after 2 hours. I called them so many times, chatted with them. They just transfer me to different departments saying different things at different times. I am not getting a clear answer on how to get my service running again. My services discontinued despite they assured me on call it will not. They told me they will get back to me but they never did.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

When I called Bell we made an agreement on the phone. Then they messed up on the bill. Charged me extra without telling me. I called and asked why the plan was different than what we agreed on. And they could not explain why it was more money. So I said, "Are you going to fix this price difference," and the supervisor said, "No you are getting charged. There will be no changes." He said if I didn’t like it I could cancel and send back my phone. My wife and I have spoken to a total of 8 different people about incorrect bill, incorrect product, shipping problems, etc since we did an upgrade on Dec 1, 2020. I would not recommend bell mobile anymore. And we have been with them 16 plus years. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I would highly recommend that you DO NOT do business with Bell Canada for any of their services. They do NOT honor their contracts! They refused to honor purchase agreement that was entered into when service was set up.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Such a poor customer service. They do not care about their customers at all. I have my home internet with Bell. They added TV service to my account without even asking my permission and started charging me for this service. When I called them to find out why did they added this service to my internet bill, their representative couldn't explain me why they did that and put me on hold for 1 hour and 15 min. After being on hold for so long they simply hanged up on me. Very disappointed with their services and do not recommend Bell Canada to anyone. Such a scam.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Bell agreed to lower my monthly cost but they increased the amount on another line that I had. This was a new line and they increased it by $30 a month! So all the economies went away! Bell did not respect their contractual agreement! Crooks! I'm taking my 4 cells line, my home and my satellite and going to go elsewhere! Don't choose Bell!

Bell Canada Company Information