2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (1525 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

We have been a Bell Mobility client since 2015. We had to pay over $520+tax for a total of 9 GB of data overage and fees. I'm a mental health worker on a university corp EPP plan (6GB, 250 min, 3 yrs term at $62+). Bell did not send us any alerts, texts, warning of any kind about data overage. I did not get mailed invoices due to COVID lockdowns while we’re working remotely. They called us in June after 6 months of data overage started. Bell claims $50 for 1 GB of extra data is one of the lowest in the market and they even sent us a link to show their current rates! $50 for 1 GB of data might be OK 10 years ago but in 2021, it does not seem right. Many companies ask for a fraction of it for extra GB of data, if not they either eliminated overage charges or slow down the speed if there is excessive usage esp. during pandemic.

We spent hours, weeks to get a reasonable resolution and they did not increase their initial adjustment offer of $180+. The worse thing was their attitude; they kept saying that "you utilized it and you had to pay" while ignoring our complaints about the rate and their lack of courtesy to alert their clients. Bell reported the contractual pricing we have with university was expired in 2016 (University probably did not want to renew). Bell even advised us to connect with the university to negotiate special pricing with Bell, which seems to me that Bell attempted to use their clients as a tool to renew their contract. We have multiple lines in 3 countries and they send courtesy alerts if there is a limit on data in advance. We had to file a complaint with both CCTS and BBB, hope they will help. I'm looking forward to complete 3 years contract, yes 3 years despite CRTC ruling of max two. We currently have 4 Bell services, NO, I'd not recommend Bell mobility.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

They don't give you the service they pay for. If you need a Bell plan outside of your country don't bother with bell, they will take your money and give you nothing. I was on 4 different phone calls to troubleshoot and nothing worked. The Bell US plan is not legit in my opinion, it's a scam based off of my experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

If you want good customer service, go elsewhere! I only wish I could have put 0 stars for Bell's Customer/Billing Service! It won't that you matter that you have been good paying customer for years, what they say you owe, you owe even though you protest till your face is blue! They will cut your service at the drop of hat! It won't matter that it's just 2 days before Christmas & that 2 days later the start of a Mandatory Covid Lockdown! It won't matter either you have no form of communication & your family is worried because they can't contact you, this is no consequence to Bell or any other affiliated organization that I desperately asked for help from & got zero!

I went to the CCTC/CCTS, BBB! When this didn't work, I tried both my municipal & provincial governments + a lawyer where I thought it must be illegal to treat customers such as I have been so horribly treated during a Mandatory Lockdown, the answer is a Big Fat NOPE! Apparently, it's perfectly fine & dandy you are now stuck with a $1000+ bill on your credit rating & you're left wondering how you can even erase such damage!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The monthly rate suddenly increased by $45! They claimed that my monthly credit has expired! I was never ever told there was a monthly credit! It was a flat rate with no commitment! Basically deceiving people to get them to buy the service!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Shame on you Bell executives. I try to find an email address of Mirko Bibic CEO of Bell Canada, or any Bell executive with no luck. Is this a secret or you do not want to have any contact with us customers??? Mirko ask your father or your mom about this, I'm sure they were very hard-working immigrants and they wouldn't like this????

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I signed up for Bell's all-in-one plan including TV, internet, home phone and mobile. When the installer arrived to connect the system, he advised that the wireless TV would not work in our house. He was very professional and I thanked him for being honest and called Bell Canada immediately to cancel my entire order. I was told that THEIR SYSTEM could not cancel the mobile along with the other components and that I would have to call Bell Mobility to do that. (Curiously, they could accept an order for all at once but, not a cancellation.) I immediately called Bell Mobility to cancel the mobile service on February 10, 2021.

On February 13, 2021, I received the first of many bills from Bell Mobility. I have called them several times about this and even done online chats, each time recording the name of the person I am dealing with. Nothing changed! Finally I just started throwing any Bell bills into the garbage unopened, as all the while Bell kept charging my non-existent account with interest charges.

Recently (it is now October 2021) I started receiving collection calls from Bell and threats of going to a collection agency. Each time I explained the situation and each time the Bell employee told me that they were not authorized to cancel the account. They would put me on hold for up to 1/2 hour to be transferred to someone who could deal with the issue. Each time, I got the run around. Sometimes I would receive 2 - 4 calls per day from Bell, each time from someone not authorized to cancel the account. I told them I was unwilling to go on interminable holds waiting for somebody to deal with this. Finally...I was told today, October 10, 2021, that my account has been cancelled. ONE TOTALLY USELESS ORGANIZATION!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I was using Bell TV for 3 years. I called to cancel my service and returned my equipment as per their email instructions. Shortly after I received two confirmation emails indicating they received the equipment. Shortly after that I received a bill for $523.95 charging me for the equipment. I immediately called and spoke with the billing department and was assured my credit card would not be charged. Sure enough my next credit card statement showed a charge of $523.95. I called billing department again and was told that the only way I could get reimbursed is by a cheque which would need to be mailed to me and it would take two to three billing cycles. I was also informed it was because I was on preauthorized payments. Now I’m left to pay out of pocket and wait for who knows how long to get my money back. I DO NOT recommend bell to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

i had my Bell TV for several months now and called a week ago to ask information about installing a second receiver, inquiring if I qualified for a second receiver at no cost. I was informed that I would have to purchase the receiver at $199 or $10 for 60 month, so I said, "No thanks, thanks for your time." Then I receive a Emails and phone calls stating the installer is coming on the following Saturday to do the install, so I call back to cancel and explain I was just inquiring not once but all four days as they are still calling me telling me they are coming over after cancelling and they don't even know if anyone would be here, now I am at the point where I do not have time to call them everyday. So if the guy shows up then he can remover this bell tv as it's becoming a real pain.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I’ve had spam and scam issues with Bell and though that’s not their fault, they never returned my calls when they told me someone would call to resolve the issue. Somehow, I got a 130.00 extra bill today and they told me that my services were increased due to my having gone over the GB rate. Well, I rarely use internet and one of my TV’s died a couple weeks ago so I have no idea what they are talking about. I was never made aware that I had a limit and that there would then be fees if I went over that.. I don’t use Netflix or download any files so I not sure what they are talking about but will have to deal with this, again. My usual bill is 180.00 for slowest internet and BELL TV services. I think that is a lot of money and could get that for much less if I were in the US, where I spent most of my life.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This is for all small business holders. I have 2 Business phone lines with Bell - 2-year contract. The first year the network was good and then toward the end of my contract, I noticed drop calls and calls going directly to my VM. Initially, I did not think of it much. But when I started losing business I immediately called Bell. Here's how the grandfather company works. CS immediately registers the issue and informs the Tech team will reach you soon. They never reach you. They just close the ticket and this has happened on multiple occasions. Anyone familiar with call centers. This is what they do to achieve your SLA. So they just close the account and do not call you EVER.

Sep 18th 2021 I follow up. They mentioned there has been a Network outage in my area and they are working on it. They cannot confirm when it will be fixed but just to shut me down they transfer me to the Loyalty team and they will waive one month's bill. I have been calling for 4 months on this. Tech team transfers me to the loyalty team. Agent Mark suggests to me. If your network is not working please use other services or tools, which would be WhatsApp or skype calls. This caught me off guard. I pay for high monthly SMB bills to be told to use other services or applications.

I was asked to be transferred to Manager. Finally, I got a call from Rachel ID **. She had no clue why she was calling me. She did not even read the file. Finally after 2 hours of being on call. I am still made to believe - hang in tight but we are unable to help with the outage. This outage has been going on for weeks. If any of you have a similar issue and want to team up to take it legally. I lost almost 14k worth of business due to BELL drop calls.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Where do I even start? Accusing me of stealing a loaner phone that I dropped off and charging me $500 for it (even though it was only worth $200)? Cancelling services without my authorization? Refusing to port my number after I left them? Continuing to try and bill me after I’ve already left? Leaving me on hold for 2 hours only to hang up on me without ever uttering a word? Pick literally ANY other provider. As someone who has used most of the ones available in Canada, I can say with absolute certainty that getting into a contract with Bell is a horrible idea.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Upgraded to a new cellular phone January 2021. Signed contract for 17.75 a month. Upgraded at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart rep phones me after I'm home, says they can't honour the price they've made a mistake. I said too bad. Contract is signed. Get the first bill from Bell, now 27.75 a month for device. They won't honour the contract. Absolutely horrible treatment for 12 years of loyalty. Koodo gets my business next time around.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My internet went down couple of days ago and I contacted Bell numerous times and my first response was it will be fixed at the end of the day. With my second call it extended itself to tomorrow and with my third call it extended itself to one week. Giving the circumstances that I'm in WFH is a crucial thing for my household since going to office is not an option and my workplace is expecting me to deliver my work ASAP and Bell gave me a response of it's an OUTAGE which is weird because my friends who is living in the same building using the same provider and same fiber internet is doing all right. I liked their service but with one issue my review of Bell is totally changed. Let me add to they are not even promising that it will be even in a week.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I’ve had nothing but trouble with the tv package. First, their VIP2262 PVR receiver keeps freezing. Switched it out and still doesn’t work. Has numerous tickets opened up and still problem not resolved. Sadly I’m stuck with a three year contract. Tried to switch to residential service but cost much higher. They would not exchange same package at same price.

Business phone stinks. My voice mail got turned off by mistake. When the phone rang the required number of times a message came on saying phone number no longer in service. Not good for my business. Took well over a week to fix. And once it was fixed *98 no longer worked to retrieve messages. Have to dial a 1-877 number and input a bunch of numbers. Going back to Shaw as soon as contract ends. I may even pay the penalty just to get rid of all this grief.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

For anyone is considering going with Bell Stay away from this company! You sign a contract expecting them on giving you a good service, All you get is headaches. Big waste of money! Do your research before considering them! Contact CCTS complaints. Definitely a big help!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Take a look at Bell's rating on TrustPilot, it has a 1.2 rating and that's what it should be here too. I wish I could give this a 0 star because HOLY COW. Don't get home internet with Bell. I have to spend like 30 minutes on the phone with them everyday just to get my internet back on. In the call they make me run some speed tests (which I get 90% less than what I pay for) and then boom they fix something on their end. I wish the thing I pay for can just work. In the last month, I've called them 2 times every week. I've had better experience with Rogers, but if there's any recommendations, let us all know. Please.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I have a fibre op bundle, TV, Phone and Internet. Bell Aliant sucks you in for a "fixed" price be it a year or two or three; and then an increase occurs during the year, usually $10.00 or sometimes more often. Fine print (very fine) states that Bell Aliant can raise prices if... (pick a reason). At the end of the contract, when advising them about one's intention shop elsewhere, lo and behold prices drop to get you to sign another one, two or three "fixed price". Mind, the other main provider is very similar.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Since November 1, 2020 I am on a $75.00 month to month plan with Bell Mobility as I supply my own phone. When I signed up for this plan, I am offered a discount of $5.00 per month for 12 months so I will pay $70.00 + HST each month. About 2 months ago, I get a notice from Bell that my monthly rate is going up by $5.00 per month so now I will have to pay $75.00 per month plus HST. Bell is notorious for pulling off these surprise increases. Needless to say, I am pissed off so I call them and complain & I am basically told that that there is nothing they can do. Eventually they put me on a shared data plan for $75.00 per month + HST but no $5.00 discount per month.

I call Bell yesterday & get this CSR who is trying to push me to sign up for other Bell services EVEN AFTER I TELL HER THAT I AM NOT INTERESTED. I tell her that I want to speak directly with the Loyalty department. She then decides that she will call the loyalty dept herself & she will act as the intermediary and relay to me what the loyalty rep says to her. I am beyond pissed and tell her to CONNECT ME DIRECTLY TO A LOYALTY REP. The CSR finally does this and the loyalty rep tells me that there is nothing that she can do so I hang up as this is a complete waste of my time. We are overcharged by the big 3 for cellular service & the CRTC does absolutely nothing to stop the incessant nickel & diming increases that we get from these Telcos like Bell Canada.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I was tricked into taking a Galaxy Tablet. Told it was free as part of a promotion then seen charges on my bill showing I was paying monthly fees for it. I called to cancel services and explained what happened. The representative kept trying to avoid canceling service. I told her I didn't want to be with a company that tricks customers into products they don't want. I explained I would rather pay out remainder of the contract than stick with them. Representative turned off services and hung up on me. May 25th 2021.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Internet was not so bad, but their client service is horrible. I tried to cancel my internet service, called them, got confirmation that it will be cancelled on Mar 31. On Apr 15 I got a call, they said my service is still active, and I have to pay for 1 more month. Hate them for that.

Original review: May 3, 2021

This is nothing new with Bell Canada. Years ago I got a bill from them telling me that I owed them about $1500. I called them to dispute the bill but was told that I was billed for a breach in a contract. So I responded by saying that I didn't have a contract with them. They told me that sometime back that I agreed to a contract so I asked how was that possible since I never signed anything and I was a loyal customer for decades. They asked me if I remember receiving a phone call asking me if I would like to save money on my bill? I told them I didn't remember any call but even if I did how is that a contract?

They were upset with me because I stopped their service and went somewhere else and if I cancelled within the first year of my discount then I would be off the hook. So if you verbally say yes to being asked if you want to save money you automatically are in a binding contract. That's dishonest and deceptive when you're not told openly what you're getting into. I'll never do business with Bell again EVER!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I can't deny that Bell provide great service and never have a problem with bell service but when it comes to customer service it sucks!!! They usually transfer your to call to different department and they keep transferring. I called Bell and CSR transfer my call to port department then they transfer to sales department then BNS department then again port/sales/BNS. I talked to each department at least 4 times and what's the resolution.... NOTHING.

Original review: March 31, 2021

You will continue to pay for your phone long after it's been paid. They will take the payments from you as 100% profit forever. They will penalize you on this amount if you are late... on monies you don't owe. A complete corrupt system void of proper, ethical action. Hiding behind literature and jargon. You will continue to pay for the phone long after your bill has been paid. They will continue to collect your payments until you realize what's happened. They are not responsible to stop collecting your payments until you tell them that you have paid in full. We are not supposed to have a mind that can process on all fronts. We focus to the best of our abilities on what we deem necessary to survive. We hope that our government institutions will keep rules in place for a just society to raise our children in.

Original review: March 30, 2021

This company is worst than the biggest thief in Canada. Please do take their product or services. I have lost a lot of money and time when I canceled their services. I called many times, every time I was promised that someone will contact me in few hours, till date no one has called me back. Appreciate it if someone advises me, how I can make them accountable and punish them for their unethical business practice. I want to take them to court. Thanks.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I bought an iPhoneXR from Bell 2 years ago under a 2 years plan. I paid $450 in security deposit which the representative said will be credited to my account once I end the contract. I confirmed it 2 months ago while chatting with an agent again, who told me that I have a remaining balance of $150, once I pay that I will get the $450 security deposit back as a credit to my account and I may use that credit pay the future bills. I decided to hold on and continue with the contact. Today I got to know that only $72 was the outstanding balance so I thought let’s pay it and end the contract but the agent told me in order to get access to my deposit I will have to make 6 consecutive bill payments without getting late. Which is ridiculous, even if I pay the rest of the amount and end the contract, I still can’t use that money? What If I do not wish to continue getting service from Bell after I end the contract?

Bell Canada’s representatives gives you information based on their knowledge and they don’t have much of it. One of the representatives will give you totally different information than the other. Even today while chatting with one of them, he changed his response (for the same question) 2 times. On top of that, Bell Canada has worst data plans ever. I have 10gb “unlimited” data plan and I am paying $140 after taxes. After 10gb I get 3g internet speed which is not even work as fast as 3g is supposed to be. You can’t even open your banking app and log into it, that’s how fast their 3g is. If you are reading this before buying a bell product, I suggest you stay away and go with a provider who doesn’t rip off their customers and feed lies to them and deceive them.

Original review: March 28, 2021

If there is one word to describe this company, it would be unprofessional. I am totally ready to take legal action with the lawyer I have contacted to proceed with suing the company for the act of fraud. Before I justify the reasoning behind my review, I would first like to explain to you my initial phone plan. For almost three years I paid about $150 a month for 20gb of data shared amongst three phones, and unlimited Canada calling and texting. However about three months ago (December 2020) I called Bell customer service and asked them if they had any promotions for the newly released Iphone 12 pro max. This is because I was looking for a new phone to replace my older Iphone 6.

The representative I was speaking assured me that since I had been with Bell for such a long time, they could offer me the exact same plan of 20gb shared data amongst three phone, with an addition to an 256gb Iphone 12 pro max (under a 2 year contract) for only an additional $8 a month. Right from the second I heard this I knew it was too good to be true. There was nowhere in this world where you could get the newest Iphone this cheaply. For this reason, I confirmed with the customer service representative over three times the EXACT amount I was going to be charged for the addition of this new phone. She kept responding by saying $158, which is precisely a $8 increase from my previous monthly bill. I hung up the phone exceptionally impressed and satisfied with the deal I had made. However my satisfaction was short lived.

Later, when I opened my inbox to pay for my bills, I noticed that Bell had charged me a total of $334. At first, I wasn’t concerned because after all those times I confirmed with the customer representative my bill in December 2020, I thought it was surely just a mix up. But when I called the customer service for the correction of my bill, they responded by saying that there was in fact no mix up and that $334 a month was the actual amount I was entitled to pay for my phone plan.

At this moment I realized that I had been unprofessionally scammed by the previous customer service representative that I talked to in December 2020. I tried explaining to the new customer service representative that I had repeatedly confirmed my bill to be only $158. The customer service simply denied it and said that the system states that by bill is subject to be $334. It finally came to my realization that I had been falsely scammed by the company Bell. I would’ve never initially accept to pay $334 a month for a new phone, and now I am apparently supposed to pay this amount due to an untrained, unqualified and fraud Bell customer service representative who tricked me into believing that I would get the latest iphone for $158 a month which is only an addition of $8 from my previous bill.

I have told Bell customer service to review their recording of my conversation in December 2020 with the customer service representative, and simply count for themselves the number of times I confirmed the amount of $158 a month with the representative. They’ve told me that they will review the conversation and call me back. However I must say that I have contacted a lawyer for legal advice and assistance, and we are both waiting on the response from Bell to decide whether we should commence a statement of claim in order to proceed with suing the company for fraud.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Everything with them is a problem. Nobody can really help me. When I call they transfer me from one place to another. Everything is extremely slow for whatever reason. I have had to wait on the line for hours. Bell is the worst company I have worked with. I regret very much for having chosen them for my internet office and unfortunately I am trapped with a stupid contract, because otherwise I would have already soothed that crap of service. Besides that they offered me a service that they cannot give me and they continue to charge me the same.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Bell sold me a $70 fibe 50 bundle for a year and I received a confusing quote but the agent explained me that it is still $70 for a year.. When I got the 1st bill it was $112. When checked via chat they told me it will be $70 from next bill...but now they say it will be $112 because I signed up for it quoting the initial quote. Looks like a trap for new customers so please ask for proper statement saying what the final amount you need to pay and don't blindly believe in their quote breakup. Trust me. It is tricky and confusing. Though the quality of internet is good I lost the trust in the brand! I recommend Bell to another person and now he too got into same situation. So beware!

Original review: March 20, 2021

When I visited Bell-kiosk (3625 Shaganappi Trail NW Level 1 Calgary, AB, T3A 0E2) to change my previous Komodo mobile to Bell mobility phone because I will be working in Northwest Territories from next month. A Sales Consultant (**) helped & guided me to select a proper phone & a relating plan. Also she transferred all the data from my old phone to my new Bell phone. She was remarkably patient and offered me a very kind service. I would like to suggest this Bell shop to many people. Also I'd like to recommend Bell Mobility to many people because it's working even in Northwest Territories, Yukon & Nunavut. Thank you Bell and Thank you **. Cheers!!!

Original review: March 16, 2021

In the period of exactly one month I was charged $132.71 for a supposedly "$15/month prepaid plan." They told me it was because I had made several calls internationally (to Idaho) which was outside of my plan and my credit card was set up for automatic top ups (which I was not aware of). Zero reimbursements, zero understanding. Thieving, cheating, nasty company. Do not trust.

Bell Canada Company Information