Bell Canada

Stars Rating

• 4%
  • 96%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Reviewed June 14, 2024

Worst company I have ever dealt with on so many levels, stay clear, I had 3 failed orders and countless hrs of getting transferred back and forth to only do the same when they didn't refund me for an order that ever materialized.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Absolutely atrocious. I was hopeful for internet but they canceled my appointment because they decided to show up almost 4 hours before our appointment time. With no help after. If I could give no stars I would.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 12, 2024

It was internet outage in our area around 4-5 days and everyone understand nowadays how hard without internet, also we used cellular data and pay extra as well. Bell only offered me $12 and I refuse it. Worst customer service.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF SIGNING UP FOR BELL INTERNET SERVICES. Their billing and communication infrastructures are shamefully inadequate for such a large service provider. My rating of 1 star= actual rating of 0 stars.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

The I upgraded my mobile device and had Crave free for 1 year on my old plan. I knew with upgrading my device my phone plan would need to change as well. Prior to upgrading my device and changing my phone plan, I specifically asked which services I would be keeping from my old plan including my free crave subscription. I was told I would have access to crave for free for 2 years as it was part of the promotion for my specific plan. There was a paper printed with Bell's offers at the time of upgrade showing the promotions. With my busy work schedule and personal life, the last time I had reached out with the rep who helped me was in February. Speaking to bell about crave was on the back burner for me due to the importance of other more pressing matters unfortunately.

I spoke with a loyalty representative named VON today, explained my situation and was told there was nothing he could do. He advised I had credits towards crave for 6 months that I had no idea about. He continued mentioning that it shows on my bill every month. I felt like I was indirectly being told I was stupid and it was completely my fault that I didn’t know of the credit. My plan was broken down to me very well in store, and I was not told of a credit for 6 months. I was told of a free service I would get for 2 years. Everything else on my bill I was aware of. My credit towards my actual bill for 24 months, my device payments for financing my new phone through my phone plan, and my add on service (Apple Watch). I wanted to speak to management or someone above to raise my complaints as I never call in and had never had an issue with bell.

I kept getting shut down and was told by VON that he’d been working there for years and no one would do anything. He wouldn’t connect me to management which was extremely frustrating. I was constantly being cut off as well. I communicated clearly I didn’t appreciate the fact that I was told something completely different than what was reflected on my agreement. I felt like I was inadequately taken care of and have a distrust with the company. Working as an operations manager for a large company, all I dealt with was customer retention. Credits are applied, or a month of bi-weekly payments is waved within reason and with upper management approval of there were issues that warranted said action. The fact that nothing at all could be done was ludicrous to me.

I would not recommend anyone to bell. Maybe they’re great for their phone plans rate wise for long distance/international services. However, customer retention wise, they fall below the bar for members who are actually loyal and don’t constantly call for “issues to be resolved.” Regarding their promotions, I suggests taking photos, screenshots, whatever you need to do as proof in case they try to dismiss a promotion they had claiming, nothing is ever free like VON did. I got crave free for a year. Premium or not it was free, I was not paying, so for VON to say what he said is infuriating. I have no trust in anyone who works for bell and will be considering leaving bell once my phone plan has ended.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I have been with Bell for 3 months after purchasing a phone & plan through Costco. I lost my phone in a lake while doing water sports the other day and contacted Bell to notify them of my lost phone and to suspend/blacklist the phone. I asked the lady with whom I was speaking with if I could receive an email with confirmation I had reported my lost phone to them and suspended/blacklisted the phone, the representative placed me on hold for several minutes and came back to tell me that I would be receiving an email with confirmation.

After not receiving an email the next day I called Bell customer service and asked if I could follow up with regards to my email, the representative said I would not be receiving an email and asked why I needed it. I explained that I needed the email for protection coverage with my insurance so I could submit a claim, he said he was unable to write confirmation and would allow me to speak with a supervisor as they do not allow customer service access to writing personal emails.

Once speaking with the supervisor I was told she could not write written confirmation emails either. After trying multiple times to try to explain that my insurance was requiring this she continued to deny my request and stated that she was the highest member I could speak with. I found this entire interaction extremely exhausting and stressful, on top of dealing with an already stressful situation. I believe the Bell Company needs to discuss as a team the kind of customer support they would like to provide to their customers as well as setting new guidelines when it comes to written confirmations for insurance purposes.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 9, 2024

Before I started my packages with Bell I heard multiple negative reviews about their price increases and the team response to that. Alas, I did not take those into consideration and I finally agreed to switch my mobility plan with bell after having my home internet with Bell. It started after my internet bill increased by 5$ without any prior notice. I raised a complaint and a representative called me to make things right. She offered me a compensation of 20$ and a deal on a package if I switch my mobility to Bell as well. It was very appealing so I agreed. I checked with her multiple time to make sure that my bill will be as agreed upon for each and every month and she said yes.

The first month bill was as we agreed upon, the surprise came with the second month bill in which I realized that I am ending up paying more than I was paying before switching my lines. I raised another complaint and got a call back from a manager. I thought that finally I will have my issue resolved, unfortunately, the manager was unwilling to do anything regarding my problem, saying that nothing can be done and that this is my bill whether I like it or not. One of the worst customer services I have ever had.

Installation & SetupContract & Terms

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Very unprofessional, openly and wilfully violating the privacy act, violating the SIN code of practice, violating consumer protection laws, if a corporation don’t care about the law they don’t care about you or your needs, steer clear of Bell. I have many ongoing complaints against them, made agreement to provide services, took a $400 deposit (that I have not got back) and did not ever follow through on the terms of the contract nor did they ever send a technician to install the services.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I accidentally paid my 2 month closed Bell mobile account. When I called they told me it is going to take 30 DAYS to return my money. All I can say is it's a good thing we have computers to make our lives efficient. And the only reason I got was "that's just the way it is". Ugh!!

Reviewed June 1, 2024

REALLY BAD AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!! I set an order of internet with them they send a technician that said that the Bell cables wasn't working so they were going to send a contractor to fix it. After a month nobody comes to fix it. I spend a whole month without internet and when I call back for the 5th time they told me that I has to wait another month for them to fix the problem. So in resume they didn't fix nothing. Make me wait a month without service.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 30, 2024

Updated on 06/21/2024: For the last two months I have spent 11 hours on the phone trying without success to get satellite TV from Bell. Spent 3 days at home waiting for a technician to arrive at a given appointment time for no one to show up. I have never gotten service and no one has ever shown up. However I have received two not one but two bills. You heard me right. Each time it takes another hour or two to sort this out. This time after 47:00 minutes on the phone I was told in 48 to 72 hours a supervisor will contact me. What is my time worth. Never ever go with Bell!

Original review: If I could I would not even give them a one star. I have spent 3 weeks, 10.5 hours on the phone and missed three days of work waiting for a tech to show up on scheduled appointments. This all started when we wanted satellite TV. Phoned. Told them it was a new service that I didn’t nor never had Bell service. They would arrange a tech to come. Appointment booked then unbeknownst to me change it to self install. I don’t have anything to install. Back on the phone. Repeat performance. Wait again. Wait I get a bill for a month's service that I don’t have. Back on the phone again. That took three calls to sort out. However after the last call of 1.5 hours I cancelled the process and went with Shaw. That process took 15 minutes.

Reviewed May 28, 2024

I've been a client for 10+ years, and there isn't an inch of grace. Canceled my internet and was charged $500 cancelation fee to break my contract. What kind of predatory practice is it to have a 3 YEAR contract for home internet?

Reviewed May 27, 2024

Every time you reschedule an appointment, the guy shows up on the day you cancelled, 3 times now, and then they make it seem like it's your fault. And then when I got fed up and cancelled for good, 75 phone calls in one week. GARBAGE COMPANY.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

Customer service is the worst! Bell customer service are inexperience and very unprofessional!. Took 3 hours to trying to solve a extremely common situation *getting an additional number* and the next day, they called again to say "Oh sorry the girl from yesterday did not process your order correctly" and spent additional 3 hours to solve it again! Bell has been around for decades! Situations like customer asking why is there an extra charge or customer wants to add new number should be less than 6 hours to solve!!!! It's frustrating! I like the connection but due to poor customer service I have to cut my business plans and my family plans with Bell due to a very disappointing and waste of time with their cheap customer service!

Reviewed May 24, 2024

I have no internet for 2 days now. Bell finally decided to schedule a technician and said they cannot come for another 4 days!!! Is this not the largest internet provider in the country? How is this acceptable? I cannot understand how they do not have a tech restore my service for the next 4 days. If I could give zero stars I would. I was very excited to switch to bell when it came to my area and now I realize I should have just stayed with my other provider. I’ve been on hold over 1hr. This is insane. I will not be using Bell ever again.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Totally disappointed with BELL Canada. Purchased a new device before 5 months and I lost It in this month 1st week. I was having insurance also, I claim and got new device after paying $565. Now the bell is saying to pay me the installment which I was paying for my old device also. At last I am paying double money than the mobile price to bell. On the basis of humanitarian background they should help but they are not listening at all.

Reviewed May 18, 2024

Unbelievably, this occurred in the developed country of Canada. I found myself on hold by a supervisor of the so-called leading telecommunications company in the country, Bell Canada. Despite being assured of a quick return within "a few minutes," I was left waiting indefinitely. Attached are screenshots documenting this experience.

In essence, as a customer, I felt abandoned by a manager of Canada's largest telecommunication company while simply requesting a correction to a mistake made by their staff—an incorrect shipping address on my order. This experience is a testament to the lack of accountability and customer care within Bell Canada. It's disappointing to see such disregard for customer satisfaction from a company of this stature.

I urge anyone considering Bell Canada's services to think twice before committing. This is not just about one customer's bad experience; it reflects systemic issues within the company's management and customer service practices. Bell Canada's managers need to take notice of these incidents and address them promptly. As consumers, we deserve better treatment and accountability from the companies we entrust with our business. Let's spread the word and demand better from Bell Canada.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

The service provided by Bell is terrible. If you want to get a device but with no service connection ANYWHERE in Edmonton then PLEASE CHOOSE BELL. If you need slow speed data connection where nothing loads PLEASE CHOOSE BELL. If you want to pay 120$ for a phone plan with no service then bell is the way to go. If you don’t care about your friends and family trying to reach you in a state of an emergency please choose bell. The worst reliable connection, there can be. The worst staff members who tell you there, “There is nothing I can do. That’s just how bell's service is.”

Reviewed May 16, 2024

My experience with Bell was the absolute worst service I’ve ever been provided in my 27 years being alive on this planet. You’d be better off giving the phone to a monkey… and would probably get better results. Save your time, breath and energy and call ANYONE else. There’s a reason why Bell has 1 star ratings. If I could go lower than one star you bet I would.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

DSL is not fiber. Stop marketing DSL to fibe to try to trick old people/county dwellers into buying your garbage 10 mbps internet. It's absolutely ridiculous. Only get Bell internet if it's offering 100 mbps or higher. If not get starlink because 89$ for 10 mbps internet is atrocious and a scam.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Bell prepaid phone plan sucks.... they prorated and also charged 60 cents a minute for call.... 15 dollars were used quickly and I was under the impression that I bought 100 minutes.... DO NOT USE BELL PREPAID Mobility.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

The Worst Experience with Customer Service for my Phone. Was with Bell 17 Years ago and had bad experience (With him etc internet). Decided last year to go back with Bell only for my mobile phone. Bought my New phone at Yonge Collage store (near Collage Park). I haven’t had good service, couldn’t connect anywhere, low service line. Went in store to solve the problem, both guys (employees) very rude very unprofessional. Called Bell, another Lady (customer service) there trying to explain her everything, she keep saying, "can’t hear you", asking me same question 4 time. Trying to explain that’s the reason I’m having problems with Bell, bad connection.

Talking also very hard to load uploads, then the stupid question comes again (did you drop the phone). Then she hung up on me. Bell keep calling living voicemail, they will give me good plan, bla bla bla. Then one of their representatives called me next day to give me promotion, I’m trying to explain him what happened. He also hung up on me. Then he called me an hour later telling me, "Sorry didn’t have service, line cut off!"

I know customer service job is NOT EASY, they have to deal with everyone, but in same time they have to provide with help and trying to be nice when they see customer is not trying to be violent or abusive, just need representatives help solving problems and issues. I’m trying to connect with Customer Service to make a complain that didn’t happen (they put you in answering machine) never can talk with representative to solve my issues/problems!! The Worst of The Worst Customer Service Experience I had a week ago. Then I canceled completely!! Never with Bell Again Never!

Reviewed May 9, 2024

Wish I could give no stars. Constantly trespassing and installing stuff on people's houses even after being told we don't want Bell. Then they do an amazing install to the neighbours house, wire ran through a tree top.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Ongoing problem for 6 months. Put Bell service phone and internet on temporary suspension for the winter time at the cottage location. Every month for 5 moths kept getting billing for internet only. Customer service gave credit to cover billing but did not solve problem. On the 5 month internet billing solved but started getting billing for cottage phone that was sill on suspension. Finally when re-activation was to start the phone was not in service. Was on a phone for over an hour with 3 different people to activate cottage phone. One more issue and time to terminate bell.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 6, 2024

After very poor quality service with Bell I cancelled my subscription and went with another provider at the end of January 2024. The new provider contacted Bell informing them that their services were no longer required. Bell kept contacting me asking me if I was certain that I wanted to cancel. Finally they accepted and cancelled phone, TV and Internet. I received a prepaid label from Bell to return their equipment. I packed their equipment carefully and took it to the Post Office. It was mailed by Expedited Mail and they received the parcel on the 5th of February with signature. WHY THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO RETURN THEIR EQUIPMENT TO A BELL STORE?

Now after paying my final bill, I keep receiving ebills for services and for equipment that had not been returned. Their last bill was for more than $1,000. And they are wondering why the company keeps losing clients? Their modem was ineffective sending the signal in my house but I could get the signal from my neighbor. I was told that my house had many walls! We are going to end up in front of a judge. I am including photos of their equipment that was returned and probably being used by another sucker.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

I had the worst experience with custumer service. Rogers is 10 times better. I would never purchase a wifi modem or any other service from them again. The representatives did NOTHING and wasted hours and hours of my time. Then after dealing with them I went in person to sort the issue and was treated horribly and with the utmost disrespect and condescending attitude. In fact he referred to me as green (the colour of my shirt) and mocked me with his coworker. If I could give negative stars I would.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Terrible. I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks for them to come set up wifi on my place, they came to pass the wires and didn’t put the box. They said they would come Sunday morning and anyone showed up, I call them again and they said only for Tuesday. I work with wifi, I’m losing money, using my data and they don’t care. It’s absolutely ridiculous and disgusting.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

The owner of this company should be the luckiest person in the world. I have enterprise service with them and unfortunately there is 5 yrs term. The application does not function properly as every single month I pay the balance online and still it shows outstanding balance even. I had pre-aurthorised payment and the system was not able to take the fees and there was due balance and I needed to call the support center. The support people gives you different information if you talk with agents each of them will give you different information. Overall, if you want pay and buy a prolong headache don't miss this opportunity. Otherwise, stay away from this company and do a favor to your friends and family by keeping them away from this company

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I would give them less than 1 but it seems I cannot. Worst customer service and worst cell service on any carrier. I will.be switching soon and never coming back. Sure hope this deters a lot of people from a horrible company.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I have a very bad experience with Bell. They allowed you to exceeds the maximum data in your plan only for 300 megabyte and then charge you for 50 extra dollars while my whole plan is 45 dollars for 30 gigabyte data. I called customer service and they supposed to adjust it for me after 2 months but they did not. I DO NOT recommend bell at all.

Bell Canada Company Information