3.3/5 (478 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: March 31, 2022

I went traveling, female, on my own. Bell offers a travel package that is no deal and is zoned to what country you’re in and have to change it every time you travel. All of a sudden I had no service in the middle of nowhere. They said I owe another 80$ and my time hadn’t run out yet.. This is not ideal at all for traveling. It’s a rip off and extremely dangerous for girls traveling. Better to get a local burner phone for 5 dollars instead of 160$ plus my regular monthly billing… sick sick sick.

Original review: March 29, 2022

IF I COULD GIVE 0 STARS I WOULD!!! Don’t buy phone on deals, they guide very wrongly and add so many charges when finish the deal, I last was predicted nearly $700 which I confirmed from Bell store, they sent me near about $1700 and add unexpected charges. I had a unlimited plan and they sent me $3600 bill in oct month, made a concern that I used over data, I have questions to Bell, which I got not proper Ans still. If I have unlimited data, how you can make a concern that I used overdata. What the nonsense, and they my every day 3 to 4 hours in oct months, because they always transfer the call with different departments, and try to confuse. After struggling I got $ 2600 and they cheat with maximum $700 in oct month and $1000 when I finish the with my friend during last payment so please stop the fraud, and respect your customer, now I move my service in rogers and friend also. Thanks.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Unfortunately, this company is terrible. I work with a church that had Bell services for a long time. When I came to the church it was very difficult for me to be put on the account as an "approved" person to make changes to the account. After going through all that, 5 years later, we needed to cancel services that had become too expensive during COVID and we needed to make changes. First, I was told that I couldn't make changes or cancellations because I was not on the account, even though 5 years prior I had filled out all the paperwork to be on the account and had made changes in those years. Then when they finally did find my name on the account, they informed me that we had an automatically renewing contract and refused to work with us, as a non-profit, to find ways to lessen the fees associated with contract termination. Very unprofessional in their behaviour, customer rep consistently cut me off or talked over me.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I had come across some unforeseen circumstances and had to make payment arrangements. I then did this and agreed upon. I made my first payment and they cut off my service and said I need to pay the reminder now If I want to restore the service. I mentioned I made arrangements that the reminder would be paid next week. They said that there's nothing they can do and will not restore it even with the urgency of needing my phone for login into my schooling for authentication purposes (so missing my deadlines of assignments), my fiancé stuck in Toronto because he now could not call me to let me know where he is to come get him and had no money on him for transportation (still unsure where he is) and emergency calls that could happen from my son's daycare. They do not care about their customers at all. In times of need, I have been with them for over 2 years and only experienced lies and false agreements. I would rate a 0 if I could.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I have nothing more to say than the title - I had decided not to use/install the SIM card they gave me, which meant not calling in to set up the line or activate the sim and they burned me. Actively looking to switch all services off of them. The agent had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to pay the $200 and have someone else use the SIM card to keep the line running - “why yes I would like to pay you 200 so that I can give the sim to someone who can pay you more money…”. Didn’t care about me and all I can do now is switch everything I have off of them.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I was never informed or told I was not able that there would be a 800 charge to cancel the phone. Service provider only tried to lengthen the time so it would cost more to leave. Miss an easy cancellation opportunity.

Original review: March 8, 2022

IF I COULD GIVE 0 STARS I WOULD!!! Please read: I tried to put an order in as a new customer - moving all of my services from Rogers (Internet, TV, Home Phone, 3 Mobility lines)... Not only was I on the line for 2 HOURS on Friday to set it all up but then when the rep and I agreed to finish the order on Saturday, I had to be on the line with him for another HOUR! We agreed on a plan and the rep was supposed to call me at 4 pm to put the order through - and guess what, I got ghosted. No call, nothing! So frustrating!!! To make matters worse, when I called in the next day to follow up, no one could track my order/the plans that we agreed on was completely lost!!! I had to spend 3 HOURS talking to a new sales rep to put an order in! It was insane! So... at this point, 5 HOURS of my life is gone.

I called in today (Tuesday) to inquire when my 2 new mobile devices were being delivered and to my surprise, the rep said that my mobility ORDER WAS CANCELLED! WHAT!?!! CANCELLED?!? HOW?! WHY?! But my other services were still going to be installed?!?! WHAT THE HELL WAS HAPPENING?!? Guess what, no one knew why or how and told me that I HAD TO TALK TO ANOTHER REP AND COMPLETE ANOTHER ORDER~~!!!! NO WAY!

Oh and the kicker was that I was already on the phone with Bell for 3 HOURS today trying to reach someone to track it..... They kept transferring me back and forth and each time, the rep had no idea why I was calling and kept transferring me to the department that I was transferred from. Honestly, it was insane. I am not exaggerating. I am now trying to cancel the full order (for everything) and they are making me jump through hoops to cancel, when they are the ones who screwed up. Worst experience of my life with customer service! DON'T SWITCH TO BELL! IT'S NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS (who knows, maybe those weren't real anyway).

Original review: March 1, 2022

This establishment provides amazing wifi BUT They lack greatly in various ways such as professionalism, respectful communication & effort. I think that although Bell Canada can be accommodating I do believe there are rough patches that they face on the job but they should always be more considerate.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Yesterday I had a Bell Canada internet technician to install the internet services in a condo building. After installed the modem in the room, the guy could not complete the job because he said there was something wrong before the modem. He had to check the line or relevant equipment at the top floor of the building, but the building office was closed on Sunday. He promised to come back or somebody else would come back today to fix it when the office was open in the morning. But noooobody showed for the job! This is for Queens University student to study online that relies on the internet service critically. After I called back to follow up the issue, they told me they need to set up another appointment on 3 days later! Very disappoint disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Here are few tips for the people who are going for Bell especially new immigrants, NEVER EVER GO FOR BELL. Worst customer service, just after your money, you will get charged over $200 even if you ask for billing history. No warnings for remaining data. You will get to know only once you have hundred of dollars over in billing. If you try to ask them about the situation their agents walk away or try to blackmail you like it will be on your credit history, you will be defaulter blahh blahh. I've paid over $1200 once I was new in Canada and that time I was hardly making $1100/month. Still remember that month how I survived financially. I was dying waiting to complete my term and switch to some other connection, after my term I still overcharged for 4 months, I asked them to send me the billing, and I was charged over $200 for that whether it was available online and no one told me about that.

If you go to best buy to buy a new device they will ask you nicely, bell is the no 1 network. Reply them politely no thanks. It's been 2 years I am using Rogers, in my experience it's the best network, affordable and cheap packages. Their coverage is awesome never let me down. And the thing I like the most they value customers not money. This is my honest review, and my experience with them, no offense to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Bell installed bundle package TV and Internet. Well I never got TV for 2 months and when I did get it they started overcharging by 20 bucks a months. 5 phone call and two months later and they are still failing to honor the contract. A nightmare of a company to deal with

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I had previously used Rogers for my internet and phone service but the condo I had moved into only allowed me to use the services from Bell. Overall the service was good until I cancelled and returned the box with Canada Post. I received four phone calls from Bell since I returned the box accusing me of not returning it even after I provided my tracking number. Each person who phoned me told me to not pay the 200 something dollars they were trying to charge me. Today I was at work and received ANOTHER phone call in which I told the gentleman I could not talk at this moment. He then told me if I didn't speak with him he was my last phone call before creditors would come after me.

Not only was this incredibly offensive the gentlemen took my tracking from me again and told me he couldn't find any information and would have to transfer me another person who then found my package immediately after I gave him the SAME tracking number. I have never been spoken to like this before or had this problem with any other company in my life and will never use Bell for any services again. My advice, make sure you save your tracking number as Bell seems to be completely incompetent in finding delivered packages.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I called into Bell to see if I could get a better rate plan, since the company I work for has been with bell for a very long time and I have 5 active lines at bell. I was treated terribly, and the rep I was connected to refused to connect me to their supervisor or the locality department. All they offered was 55 dollars for 10gb. Whereas there were providers with appealing deals. As a client of bells I believe we deserve better.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

They change your payment without any notification, bad customer services and very bad experience I had with them, I won't repeat the service with them ever never. I asked for my cancellation fees. They told me 570$ then when I did the cancellation they make it 1344 $. I called for payment arrangement and they kept on the line for hour and each department transfer you to another one and they don't listen to the request. Worst Experience ever.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

To anyone reading this Avoid bell and their scams/hidden fees. Was on a phone with the most rude costumer service guy. His name was **. Had to cancel 3 lines I was overpaying. My contract ended and at the end they don't let you keep your phones. You still have to pay 300 per phone and your line fees would be the same. I tried to ask then why was I on contract for 3 years and overpaid for my plan now my contract is done my plan can't change, and yet you want me to pay 300 per phone if we want to keep the phone? I never had to pay anything after our contracts were done. Not sure who does their trainings but have never had a higher authority be as rude as Bell's. We've had phones with Rogers, Telus for years. By far their customer service is the best and would be glad to go back to them anytime now.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I had existing Internet connection and Bell customers services promised that they would give 10$ discount monthly on my internet bill if I signup for Bell Mobility. I transferred my two mobile service to Bell. When I receive the bill this month the 10$ monthly discount is not applied to my internet bill. When I called they seem not honoring the promise they made.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

They owe me $ after cancelling an account and every time I call I get the runaround. The same guy has answered the phone all 3 times today and he keeps changing his 'name'.... His voice is obviously the exact same and he is terribly rude and disrespectful. He puts me on hold constantly and was laughing and talking to someone at one point not realizing that I was on the phone. I asked to complete a survey and was denied. I asked several times for a manager and was told there was none.... Where is all of my money going? HORRIBLE COMPANY - AVOID BELL!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I got 4 lines for my business in April 2021, within a week we found out that there are issue for reception in my whole area and house, complain to the department and they figure out that there is no tower in my area, so I want to return their services but they says pay for all 4 phones tabs and they can’t return these cause it took them to figure out more than a month that there is no tower in the area. I filled a complained to CRTC and after 2 months they get back to me and conclude that that can’t do anything about my issue even though they accept that I have an issue but according to them there is some grey areas. I tried to approach to the executive office and corresponded several personnel but no one so far seriously handle the problem.

The last person I talk to was one of the executive from Quebec and mentioned me that I have to use the wifi calling which is not in the contract when I signed with them. He also accepted that there is no tower in the area and in near future there is no plan for installing the new one. He said that Bell won’t give me any relief cause others in the area will also ask the relief. I can leave them and go to another provider but they are asking to pay for the phones I got at the time I signed the contract. It’s about 4K and I can’t afford to pay that.

I am already losing the business cause of pandemic and on top of that can’t communicate properly due to the poor signals of my cell phone provider. Finally I am going to advertise all this on social media and also make some posters for my vehicles to make aware other people not to sign any contract with Bell. I have the records for all the employees I talked to. If anyone wants to come along with me on this, feel free to contact me. I am in Calgary Alberta.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

This company is a complete rip off. Not to mention when you try to close out your services its like a bad break up and they start stalking you. I literally spent over 7.5 hrs. From 9:30am - after 4pm trying to port my number to a different provider. I was bounced from department to department and on numerous occasions the line was disconnected and I'd have to call back and start again. One of the reps from the "loyalty department " started to Interrogate me about my finances and how much I was going to pay with my current provider. Then offered me services for the same price but didn't have all that I needed. When I tried to decline she began to slander the other service provider. The whole ordeal was terrifying and uncomfortable.

I wouldn't go back to Bell if they paid me too. On top of it all I ended my services with them in the end of Nov. And I'm still receiving bills for the services I canceled and when I call about it they advise me to pay or there will be a penalty and that they will eventually settle up the balance of the over payments with me... The whole reason I have to drop Bell is because of the financial impact of the pandemic...it's just so overwhelming. I give - 1000 ⭐'s and tell anyone considering using bell to BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Bell Canada are Thieves. I had one of the unlimited internet packages when I would get my bill it would not be for the agreed upon amount there would be huge charges with no explanation. I would call asking why my unlimited internet was twice the price and ask for a breakdown of my bill. Bell would mail me an amount owing statement with no breakdown. Each time I asked when I told them to send me a proper breakdown or cancel my account they put the mystery amounts in as "usage fees" adding random charges to unlimited internet makes it not unlimited. They would threaten to send you to collections if you did not pay the random charged they would add to your bill.

Needless to say I stopped doing business with these thieves for life. You would be better buying internet phone of cable from a shifty guy in a trench coat in an alleyway. You would face less corruption and theft that way. 0/10 do not give this company your money. They will steal from you and if you call customer service they will leave you on hold for hours hoping you will give up.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Customer with Bell for one year (Home Internet): they are crazy expensive, their customer service is essentially fraud, and the service provided is not even good. Service Review: I lost Wifi connections for entire days sometimes (required tech visits to fix 3 times), modem took 30-40 minutes to reboot every time and that did not even help (even though I went through 3 different modems). So I ended up wasting lot of time every time on the phone with technicians who would keep rebooting the modem as they didn't believe me when I warned them (which is fair, but by the 4th time you'd expect they make some note in the file or something).

I also was paying for the Fibe 50, but the upload speed was max 1 mbp (instead of 10) and the download speed max 26 mpb for a year - eventually one tech figured out that the previous one had capped my service at 25 Mbps instead of 50. After he fixed it, the speeds went up for a few weeks then back to 25 again. All of this I had been relatively tolerant of as I live in an old house, relatively far from downtown (still in an urban area), and mistakes can happen. It's the customer service that really convinced me to leave Bell. Btw, what they call Fibe is not optic fiber in most cases (in my case it was DSL). Customer Service: They will absolutely lie on the phone about promotions you are eligible for and what changes they are making to your account. It's common to have discrepancies between what is said on the phone and the written email confirmations with those telecom companies, but with Bell it is systematic.

For me they have outright lied about the existence of student discounts; signed me up for the TV app without letting me know (which I learnt about through an email later), even though I repeatedly said I have zero interest in TV promos as I don't own a TV; tried to bill me for a returned modem (which I would have paid 230 CAD for (!!!!) if I hadn't managed to find the tracking number, and then again it took 3 tries until they finally confirmed the charge will be lifted, and I still haven't received the money); sent a TV streamer I said no to, once again I assume because they are hoping to milk the non-return fees out of me; refused any sort of discount to make up for all the technical issues mentioned above.

Price: Also in terms of pricing they are not even competitive (I'm getting a service that's of comparable quality for 40 CAD less the first three months, and 20 CAD less from then on, and that's not even addressing all the extra charges etc. Depending on the periods, my monthly fees ranged from 85-95 CAD, taxes included. All that for 25 Mbps Home Internet (≤2 Mbs upload, which makes for terrible zoom calls).

As mentioned above, to avoid non-return fees prepare yourself to challenge the bills: keep the tracking number (which, honestly, should be on them as they give out a special shipping sticker) for the next few months-possibly years, and call them non-stop until you get your hands on that check. If you lost your tracking number for returned equipment, Purolator and possibly other couriers may be able to track it down from your phone number or other information. Read all the emails carefully as you have 2 months to challenge any charge - they will absolutely take advantage of the fact that most of us have better things to do than to spend hours on the phone talking with dishonest representatives and charge random stuff whenever they can.

Miscellaneous: The cherry on top is their non-stop calling to ask for me to sign up to new services, to review their service, and since I have left now they keep trying to get me to come back. I am going 2 stars as I had Internet most days (a low bar) nonetheless, and the wait time on the phone is ok. I have now left for another provider, which is outperforming BELL in terms of price, service quality, and customer service so far.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Moved from Bell to another service provider recently. When new sim was inserted to in the phone, it asked for PIN to unlock the phone. Called Bell. They gave me a number that was incorrect so after 3 attempts it blocked the pin. Now it's asking for SIM PUK pin. Called bell, I got transferred from one department to another and finally told me to call new service provider to get it. Called them. They told me to use the sim in another phone to see if it work and it did. I call Bell again. No one wanted to to listen to this and keep insisting that I call Telus my new Service provider that it's problem with SIM.

When I explained that SIM works in another device how can it be the problem with SIM? I got transferred to someone else and I start all over again. I spent 4.5 hours on the phone. Finally they gave me the phone number for Samsung and problem was solved in 2 minutes. It was phone not SIM. That was 4.5 hours spent on the phone away from my business. I have other services with Bell. I will consider leaving Bell.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I ordered Bell fibre internet a month ago, and the nightmare started ever after. First of all, the fibre internet is not stable, I keep getting disconnected from online gaming, never had the issue with DSL internet in the past. Other than the service, I started receiving SPAM phone calls almost every day, they all claimed to be Bell Promotions, trying to get me to sign up for other bell services, even after I requested to REMOVE my name and stop calling me, THEY JUST WONT STOP. I HAD TO CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE OF THE NON STOP SPAMMING PHONE CALLS.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

They suspended my account without any notification via text, call or email. My line and my wife’s is completely cut off. No service at all. No way for me to call them as both are cut off. So I used the chat live on Bell App to communicate with them. They said they can’t help me as it's a different department who handles reconnection. I told them that my line is cut off and no way for me to call them. We are in a small town where all communications is limited. They said I need to call them as that's the only way to reconnect my line. I waited for my wife who just finished her 12 hours duty as nurse to wake up then I went out to find a phone. Btw, the chat lasted almost 1 hour without any positive results. Then when I got the chance to connect with them, of course long wait on the phone, then an agent transferred me to the dept who handles my problem.

After waiting for almost 15 mins, the call just got cut, so I called again and told the agent to make sure someone will answer my call when he transfer me again. I finally got to talk with the agent, she verified everything and I answered all with no mistakes, then she told me to hold for another 10 minutes, after that, she told me that I should have contacted Bell after getting all the plans from them, I have 2 post paid lines, 2 ipad lines and 2 apple watch lines. I took all these gadgets in 2 different branches, none of those agents informed me that I have to call Bell to verify all the services that I took from them! I mean who does that? They already verified my identity when they gave me those services.

Anyway, now this agent is asking me for another verification, she started asking for my my address which I gave her then ask me for another 2 more previous addresses! I mean, why would you ask me for my previous addresses, I didn’t even put them on my profile. Out of frustration and anger, I told her to forget about my request to reconnect, and just cancel all the services then I hanged up. That was another 30mins of conversations with no positive result. 3rd attempt, with chat live, same no positive results, the agent even put that someone is pretending to be me. They said they suspended the account because there is a possible fraudulent. This agent is trying to cover up her bad service as labeling me a fraud, while I answered all here verification correct. So now, I will be celebrating New Year with no lines me and my wife. If something happen, there is no way we can call emergency response.

Also, one of my Ipad has 1GB plan and usually, when you’re about to run out of plan, they notify you to avoid charges. With this one, they notify me after over usAge of 400MB on top of my 1GB and the worst part is, that 400MB is worth $50! Thats pure robbery! What a shame to the telecom who overcharge people. While US is offering unlimited data for an affordable rate, Canada is charging so much money for a limited data plus they will make a trap where they will notify you once your over your limit.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Bell internet is a good internet but today is second day that I lose signal. Yesterday I called them and they did nothing about it and today same thing happened.. terrible customer service. I have been asking to cancel or change time for update channel or IP but they said that's not the issue and they don't fix my problem. Now I'm leaving my home to close with Rogers. Bell sucks

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

They overcharged me 50 dollars in 2018 based on no factual evidence. When I was in the middle of a dispute, they sent collection agents! They destroyed my credit score for a money I did not owe. I finally the $ 50 paid but they refused to fix the damage done. HORRIBLE customer service, quality and ethics. Steer clear from those SOBs

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Find their service unreliable and poor. You're given different dates for service (technical support). They don't show accountability even when you prove it's their error. They don't offer compensation and when they finally give you compensation after a long discussion, they still claim no responsibility and claim "it's a courtesy". You don't get what you pay for and they are one of the most expensive for what they offer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Poor service to small business as it relates to internet. Disconnected my internet without contacting me because the phone is on a separate account and wasn't paid. Not notified before disconnection was done. Because they have different accounts for each service, the phone service (which I don't use) was not paid and they did not call me to say that they were disconnecting the lines. When they disconnected the phone lines, they also disconnected the internet service which was has been paid in full and on time.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I will not recommend the service of Bell to anyone. They taunted us with their Student Service and Charged me a 400$ deposit falsely. Since it was a student account they couldn't find the money, even though I had my bank charges send over TWICE! It took them more than 5 weeks until I got charged back due to an internal error when they set up my account as a normal account first and upgraded it to an student account. I lost about 20+ hours on the phone and disputes with the Customer Service and the Bank. I also got a wrong advice before cancelling, resulting in another payment of 49$. They lost my modem return reference code and I got late charges, took another 2 month until the modem was found and got another bill of nearly 200$ for nothing. I would have saved money on every other service. Do not go to Bell!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have been a customer ever since they started their service and they used to be great on service. Not anymore. They now want to charge to repair equipment you rent from them as if you own it. Why?? This equipment is theirs. I didn’t buy it and therefore if their equipment breaks they should repair or replace it at their expense. I pay $190 a month to rent their equipment and service but they want me to pay to repair their faulty equipment?? I don’t think so. Time to switch providers I guess.

Bell Canada Company Information