2. Miscellaneous

3.9/5 (1747 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: March 20, 2021

When I visited Bell-kiosk (3625 Shaganappi Trail NW Level 1 Calgary, AB, T3A 0E2) to change my previous Komodo mobile to Bell mobility phone because I will be working in Northwest Territories from next month. A Sales Consultant (**) helped & guided me to select a proper phone & a relating plan. Also she transferred all the data from my old phone to my new Bell phone. She was remarkably patient and offered me a very kind service. I would like to suggest this Bell shop to many people. Also I'd like to recommend Bell Mobility to many people because it's working even in Northwest Territories, Yukon & Nunavut. Thank you Bell and Thank you **. Cheers!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Wow, I absolutely love Bell! I recently signed up. They have been a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Especially a care specialist named Kian! I got a great package for internet and tv services. The technician who set it up was great. So far, from top to bottom, the service has been top-notch, the price great, and the quality very high. I strongly recommend Bell! I had a bad experience with my previous internet provider, but if things continue smoothly with Bell, they can expect me as a loyal customer for a long time. Go Bell!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Switched to new Fibre installation on the street. Very satisfied. Not cheap but almost competitive. The TV has minor irritations such as insisting that you select Fiber after starting - this should be configurable as the automatic default - minor issue. Further refinements to the user experience are desirable.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This internet quality from this company is superior. My internet is fast and reliable. When I need service they respond immediately to my concerns. As a senior who has limitations to getting out. I use the internet to stay in touch with loved ones and do my online shopping.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The monthly rate suddenly increased by $45! They claimed that my monthly credit has expired! I was never ever told there was a monthly credit! It was a flat rate with no commitment! Basically deceiving people to get them to buy the service!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Shame on you Bell executives. I try to find an email address of Mirko Bibic CEO of Bell Canada, or any Bell executive with no luck. Is this a secret or you do not want to have any contact with us customers??? Mirko ask your father or your mom about this, I'm sure they were very hard-working immigrants and they wouldn't like this????

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I signed up for Bell's all-in-one plan including TV, internet, home phone and mobile. When the installer arrived to connect the system, he advised that the wireless TV would not work in our house. He was very professional and I thanked him for being honest and called Bell Canada immediately to cancel my entire order. I was told that THEIR SYSTEM could not cancel the mobile along with the other components and that I would have to call Bell Mobility to do that. (Curiously, they could accept an order for all at once but, not a cancellation.) I immediately called Bell Mobility to cancel the mobile service on February 10, 2021.

On February 13, 2021, I received the first of many bills from Bell Mobility. I have called them several times about this and even done online chats, each time recording the name of the person I am dealing with. Nothing changed! Finally I just started throwing any Bell bills into the garbage unopened, as all the while Bell kept charging my non-existent account with interest charges.

Recently (it is now October 2021) I started receiving collection calls from Bell and threats of going to a collection agency. Each time I explained the situation and each time the Bell employee told me that they were not authorized to cancel the account. They would put me on hold for up to 1/2 hour to be transferred to someone who could deal with the issue. Each time, I got the run around. Sometimes I would receive 2 - 4 calls per day from Bell, each time from someone not authorized to cancel the account. I told them I was unwilling to go on interminable holds waiting for somebody to deal with this. Finally...I was told today, October 10, 2021, that my account has been cancelled. ONE TOTALLY USELESS ORGANIZATION!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I was using Bell TV for 3 years. I called to cancel my service and returned my equipment as per their email instructions. Shortly after I received two confirmation emails indicating they received the equipment. Shortly after that I received a bill for $523.95 charging me for the equipment. I immediately called and spoke with the billing department and was assured my credit card would not be charged. Sure enough my next credit card statement showed a charge of $523.95. I called billing department again and was told that the only way I could get reimbursed is by a cheque which would need to be mailed to me and it would take two to three billing cycles. I was also informed it was because I was on preauthorized payments. Now I’m left to pay out of pocket and wait for who knows how long to get my money back. I DO NOT recommend bell to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

i had my Bell TV for several months now and called a week ago to ask information about installing a second receiver, inquiring if I qualified for a second receiver at no cost. I was informed that I would have to purchase the receiver at $199 or $10 for 60 month, so I said, "No thanks, thanks for your time." Then I receive a Emails and phone calls stating the installer is coming on the following Saturday to do the install, so I call back to cancel and explain I was just inquiring not once but all four days as they are still calling me telling me they are coming over after cancelling and they don't even know if anyone would be here, now I am at the point where I do not have time to call them everyday. So if the guy shows up then he can remover this bell tv as it's becoming a real pain.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I’ve had spam and scam issues with Bell and though that’s not their fault, they never returned my calls when they told me someone would call to resolve the issue. Somehow, I got a 130.00 extra bill today and they told me that my services were increased due to my having gone over the GB rate. Well, I rarely use internet and one of my TV’s died a couple weeks ago so I have no idea what they are talking about. I was never made aware that I had a limit and that there would then be fees if I went over that.. I don’t use Netflix or download any files so I not sure what they are talking about but will have to deal with this, again. My usual bill is 180.00 for slowest internet and BELL TV services. I think that is a lot of money and could get that for much less if I were in the US, where I spent most of my life.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

Bell Canada Company Information