1.16/5
Based on 168 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

568 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

The worst company I have ever dealt with. Dishonest! As other reviewers have remarked they guaranteed me a fixed monthly rate for two years in January 2018. Within 4 months the rate was already increased. I called customer service to complain - nothing they could do other than offer to terminate service for $150 penalty. When I requested transcripts of my original calls when ordering the bundle service I was told only "the court" could order these transcripts! As usual, the dishonest runaround. Filed a complaint with the CCTS. Suddenly I get an email saying I can get transcripts but it will take up to 30 days. Some manager also called offering a 5$/month discount for 12 months.

I refused saying I wanted Bell to honour the terms of the contract I agreed to. Unfortunately, delivering service as promised is beyond Bell Canada's ability. I am hoping to use the transcripts of my original calls to take Bell to Small Claims Court as Mr. David ** did in April 2018 for similar dishonest practices by Bell. Mr. ** represented himself and won. I have also contacted Go Public the CBC initiative to address such dishonest business practices as Bell continually carries out. I will forward copies of my call transcripts to both the CCTS and Go Public who are talking of a class action lawsuit. In addition, Bell is continuing to bill me which they are not supposed to do while the CCTS is investigating a complaint. Do not deal with Bell. Zero stars!

Original review: June 17, 2018

Best company I switched to. They are really helpful, their service is really good across Canada and their plans are cheap and really effective.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I waited 3 days for internet service... each day I called and they said to wait to midnight for dry loop to be completed. Is that their standard response in training??? Why is it they act like they have no info in front of them... don't they take notes from the call? If they do, then they are complete idiots. 3 days to get someone who knew what they were talking about... they are going to have to pay me to stay with them. I am done, forever with Bell.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I changed from Bell internet to a different provider that runs over Bell lines. I gave Bell proper info as to account cancellation which was confirmed by an on phone Bell rep. No problem? Bell tech changed the IP address on the Bell Box and all was well briefly. My new IP provider modem promptly crashed. I called my new provider up and was told that Bell had said that I had changed my mind about canceling Bell internet services. Being single and the only person with access to my PC, this was impossible.

After numerous calls to my new provider and to Bell (who were rude as could be) it turned out that Bell had decided to reactivate their IP address on a "Free Don't Go Away Trial" causing my modem to crash while trying to handle the two separate IP addresses at the same time. I threatened Bell with legal action and they finally removed their IP address from the line; however, I did have to replace the modem (my new provider did this for free). Just another Bell Canada story!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have bad experience with Bell Company. They keep on Charging my cellphone Higher and Higher. First they charge me 400 + on my bill, the following month is 600. The next bill is 500 which I did not pay yet because they don't fix yet my last month complaint... When I check my bill I investigate. I found out that they charge me for many unknown caller... I'm a common sense guy... Who will accept unknown caller? I am a busy person. I only accept caller that is I know or there is a number on it... The worst thing I do is I let them on my pre-authorize debit account on my account. Now because I'm mad at them I remove them on my pre-authorized on my account. Do not deal with them. They are thief and great on stealing your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had decided to change from Rogers to Bell, as a nice young man came to the house and explained how much better their services were with the new fibre cable. He came to the house to explain it at least three times, after hours, and we were impressed with him and the potential of Bell. Then the trouble started. We booked an installation appointment, and a technician came. He said your neighbours are not home so I can’t get permission to do the install, goodbye. I called Bell, explained the problem, asked someone to get permission from the neighbours before they came next time, and rebooked. Another technician came, said he couldn’t get permission from the neighbours, and left. He said no one had told him about the last problem.

At this point, I asked our sales rep where the box was, he said at 41, I took some pictures of what looked like the box, we talked to our neighbours at that address, and they gave us oral permission. We booked again, the technician came, said that was the wrong box, and he couldn’t get permission from the neighbours where the correct box was. He said he would just go and do the work, except that the neighbours explicitly said he couldn’t enter. He left. I went to the neighbours at 47, they gave me permission, I called back the technician who had just left, he said he would see if he could come back, I heard nothing more from him. I rebooked.

Today, someone was due between 8 and 10. No one arrived. I called, and was told someone was on the way. No one arrived. I called after 12, and was put on hold for 20 minutes while someone tried to find dispatch. I eventually gave up and called back. This time someone told me that “control” had failed to assign a technician to the appointment.

Either Bell is extremely incompetent, or someone has decided that installing their services at this address is impossible, but is unwilling to say so. This is infuriating. Their relations with our neighbours are terrible; they complain about technicians stomping through their property and cutting trees. Their customer relations people on the phone do not provide accurate information and different technicians have different understandings of what kind of permission they need. The coordination between their sales, technical and telephone staff is not working. I am retired, so I didn’t take four days off work to stay at home waiting for Bell. However, I did set aside four days with nothing else on the calendar and have spent a good deal of time talking to Bell representatives and dealing with neighbours. Totally frustrated, we have cancelled our order.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I live in a rental basement. Around early May 2018 I switched my ISP to Bell Canada, and what a huge mistake was that! The technician installed a temporary "above the ground" fiber optic cable, and said within a week or so another technician will come and run a permanent "underground cable" for me. My landlord, who lives above me, had signed up with Bell couple of months before me and her permanent optical fiber cable had already been put underground. Several days after getting my temporary internet cable with Bell, while nobody was at my/my landlord's home, a technician came to put my cable underground. The technician put my cable underground and mistakenly assumed that my landlord's cable is unauthorized and cut HER internet connection.

My landlord not knowing what had happened to her internet connection called Bell and a technician came and connected her internet connection, and doing the same mistake as previous technician, this time cut MY internet connection. The mistake of cutting MY internet connection and HERs repeated for about, get this 6 TIMES (unbelievable, isn't it). On the occasions that I was accidentally at home while the technician showed up, I would explain the problem to the technician, who would believe me only after checking the cables and the technician would leave without putting my cable underground as "this wasn't his job".

To this date my cable is still "above the ground" and the next technician is scheduled to come late June. My landlord and my next door neighbor, are understandably mad at me, as every time that a technician shows up, they walk on the grass and make a mess of the front yard. What is unbelievable is that Bell Canada not only cares about the customers, but also doesn't care about wasting their own money, as they have been paying their technicians for doing the wrong work. At the end this is my advice to you: DON'T SIGN WITH BELL CANADA.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have a trailer, therefore satellite service for 6 months, when I suspend my service I always ask what will be my monthly cost when I reactivate my satellite. Every year, when I get my first invoice, I am so upset because every time I get my bill, it is billed and not at the price that I was quoted. I called Bell, spoke to three people, asked to speak to a supervisor, well that never happened, they kept saying, "I am sorry for the misunderstanding." It is not a misunderstanding, they do not own to their words or commitment, nothing changed, kind of suck it up buttercup. I am now looking at changing provider such as Shaw. Bell is not geared to customer service, customer satisfaction, they just do not care about the customer that is paying their wages. Be aware before you sign up with BELL CANADA.

Original review: June 9, 2018

We continue with my story I reported on 6/5/2018. I have been getting fraud emails, fraud text, now orders on PayPal, which I'm trying to confirm, can't even get in my account. And also can't get into my account to check on Trans Union, after I have called them 3 times, and they reset my password, still says can't verify that it's me, great, can't check. So I was looking of ways to see if I've been compromised, and if my information was sold SIN number, email mail, password etc. So I found a website called, Have you been pwn, of course I didn't give any information to the site until I read who this person was. Troy ** an amazing story, hackers actually brag about hacking, and send him information of where they have hacked, and also a list of personal listings who has been hacked. How it works is on this website you put your email in and he research if you have been hack.

So I did just that, and there it is, I was hacked 5 times, starting with Bell Canada I guess when I purchase an iPhone for working at CIBC where you need a smart phone as a mortgage specialist. This is where it all started, I have sent Bell Canada a letter, and at this point I will have to get a lawyer involved. I have had problems with Bell in 2015-2016, had several issues and would call tech, and customer service to get someone on line that is rude, foreign that I cannot understand and even them hanging up on me. I already had sent Bell an email about my concerns then, about customer service and tech was in another country like India. I had to cancel my service with them sometime in 2016.

So now I know, it was the first hack through Bell, and now 4 years later I'm living a nightmare, watching my bank account, deleting old files, canceling LinkedIn, Alignable, LinkedIn was hack also 180 million, I will cancel Facebook. And my email mail with Hotmail, where it's not secure. I will email soon with feedback. Good Luck everyone, can't even go to a bank now and talk to cashier, many banks are debit machines only, you need to deal with them online or phone, Great!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Bell is very scammy. They constantly (and intentionally) overcharge you for Data, and then put the onus on you to call and disputed the charges, which are exorbitant.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have 2 line with Bell mobile. Been 2 years. Long time to wait call centre to answer. No single in underground parking. Complained about it, they said if not happy just go. I have contract with them so didn’t cancel my service. Finally my contract almost over, called today to cancel, I wait 50 minuets, then they say office close now and apologize for that. I was wait 50 minuets. No way to go back. Thank you.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Bell cold called the house for an upsell on TV packages. While they were speaking with a visiting family member who answered, I interceded, as it’s my account. Very rude, aggressive and demanding sales agent. I instructed her to not cold call for sales anymore, and hung up. Now my account is ‘locked’ due to a stuck pending order (apparently the do not call request). The online customer service keeps telling me to call billing. Billing keeps telling me to ‘escalate’ through TV customer service. Because I refused to be slammed with products I did not want, and because I requested to never have it happen again, I am now the victim of targeted harassment from Bell Canada. I can’t even cancel my service due to the stuck pending order!! Online ticket “Something else [#**]”.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I changed my credit card numbers and didn't update my Bell portal fast enough so the auto payments failed. Somehow, my data sharing feature for my iPad was placed into a separate account that I had no access to. They then continued to charge me for that feature, however when I changed my card numbers again, the update didn't make it to this new, isolated account. It should have been under my Bell portal, but was unaccessible. $125 dollars, and 4 to 5 calls a day from their Accounts Receivable Department. The last voicemail was threatening, that "I must call Bell back by 10 pm EST or else". Account Manager - Brittany - Was willing to listen at first, then became combative, unwilling to do anything, admitted to the screwup, but still made me responsible for the Bill. Needless to say, I've now paid them off, and are transporting my service to another provider. Bell Sucks. Go to anyone else but them.

Original review: June 1, 2018

After cancelling my home phone with Bell. I kept getting phone calls about our service. I told them that I did not want their Bell phone. That they did not treat me good when I was a customer. I asked them to stop calling and to not knock at my door. I was told by the person I talked to that I would be put on the do not call list and that no one would knock at my door. Tonight I had a nice young man knock at my door. I told him that he was not allowed to knock at my door. He said that he was a contractor from Bell and that they gave him my house number, he gave me the number of his supervisor. I called and talked to him, he said that Bell gave him a list and that my house number was on it. He told me to call Bell at 310-Bell. I did and was put on hold for 15 minutes and then Bell hung on me. I called back. Was given a different number.

I called that number and was on hold again for 15 minutes. When the person came on the phone he asked for my home phone number. He told me that it wasn't an actual number. I told him that it was the same number that I have had for 32 years. He then asked for my Bell contract number. I told him that I was no longer with Bell and did not have one. He then said that he could do nothing for me. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was again hung up on. Bell use to be a good company back in the day that they actually cared about people. Now since of the rudeness of the service department I am still on the list that they told me that they removed me from. I am tired of the lies of Bell's customer service. I want to be actually be put on the do not call list and promised that they will not knock at my door again.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Bought a tablet 2 years ago and was offered to integrate the cost of the tablet into my existing Bell accounts (cable and Internet). Was told it would be $10 a month. Fast forward to a year later and I start receiving calls from a collection agency saying my account was sent to them from Bell for non-payment for the tablet. I was shocked as I thought I was paying through my monthly bill. Spoke to a Bell rep about the issue, they informed me a supervisor would get a hold of me. That did NOT happen, that phone call happened last Sept 2017. Fast forward to yesterday May 29th 2018 (still btw receiving calls daily from collections); tried to buy a new phone through Virgin. This account is now preventing me from getting a new phone, I call Bell and they don't help at ALL.

In fact they're rude and dismissive and spoke to me as I have not been a loyal customer for 5 years now, have paid all bills on time. They were also tacked on a cancellation fee on top of the price of the tablet, even though the error was no fault of my own. I even agreed to still pay for the tablet but requested they waive the cancellation fee. Tired of getting nowhere and just wanting to purchase a new phone I agreed to settle the account with collections. I go to The Source to now buy my phone and open another Bell account to find out there is still an outstanding balance with Bell. I call back. The last hung up on me! You just lost another customer and to think it was all over a $200 tablet I was still willing to pay for. SMH.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Paying $200 for 3 services. Bell customers for past 20 years. Basically they told me that they don't care about any of that. Spoke with rudest customer service manager by name of Denisha who at the end of conversation could not care less that they are losing loyal customers. Great job Bell. I guess you got so big and money hungry that you forgot your main focus. Your customers. Happy to cancel the services and go somewhere else.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I see folks here complaining about 50 mbps, I wish I could get anything near that. I'm out in the country and Bell offered us "Up to 5 mbps". UP TO... we get 4. Well it's better than dialup!!! Maybe... At least dialup was stable. My biggest complaint is: it's not stable. Our internet won't stay up. I came home today, which prompted this note, and our internet was gone, AGAIN. I had to reboot the modem to get it back. I always have to reboot our modem. I've had to install a WEMO and schedule a reboot daily in the wee hours of the morning and hope it stays up for the day. Most times it does but today it died even though it was rebooted this morning. It's now afternoon.

I have called in so many times about this and I end up with the same lame Tech Support who ask the same lame questions (obviously reading from a script) and I go through the same lame procedures with them and... nothing. I escalated a complaint to their escalation department and they call me and discuss the problem, they even sent out a Tech but nothing changes. It goes down again and again. I'd like to know why? I now realize there is absolutely no point in calling Bell. They can't and won't provide anything better than what I have. Bell isn't capable of providing DSL here and if I go to another company they simply use Bell's access lines to my home and again nothing changes. I reboot and then later it goes down.

I'm told "well we'll be putting in Fibe someday". Not in my lifetime they won't. Even so; we have friends in town with Fibe and it's awful also possibly even worse as they lose everything even their TV. At least our Sat TV stays up. Bell's other services Sat TV, Home Phone, and Mobility have been great, at least for us. No issues there, but the internet has been a disaster. Bell Canada should be banned from selling internet service until they can guarantee at least a 95% availability and for that 5% outage provide a refund automatically for the periods it fails. But again, not in my lifetime. They take your money and provide crap and raise the rates every year. Explain the rate increase if for expanded service but not in our area. Just more crap.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Bell signed us up for 50mbps service (which is really slow by today's standards in urban areas - many areas come standard with over 10x that speed - not with Bell, mind you) and have not been able to deliver it to us at any point. They also refuse to change the plan because we signed up for it and it allows them to take more money from us. We've had them out multiple times because they keep talking about being able to deliver the speed but every technician throws their hands up in frustration and they all say it just isn't possible.

To give you a practical idea of how it goes, I can't download or upload anything and then accomplish anything else on the internet. It's one thing/task at a time. Their terrible bandwidth can't support standard internet use. My practical download speeds for large files went from about 15mbps with Rogers to about 1mbps with Bell. We are getting 25mbps service according to the speed test system that is built in to the router, but testing of internet with a wired computer shows often less than 1mbps on download speeds.

This was never an issue with Rogers and we used the same ethernet cables and computers with them, so it's not the cables or computers. Also, we are about 2 blocks from their Central Office where they have all their local servers and we are so close that our line goes directly to that Central Office (unusual with Bell service, usually there are multiple connection points between the home and CO). So the odds of it being a bad line somewhere out in the streets is zero. Our line goes from our building to their building and that is it.

Bell wants around a thousand dollars in penalty fees if we cancel early at this point. Rogers service was fine. We switched to Bell because Rogers TV is terrible. It's as bad as Bell is with internet. But between the two of them you can get some decent service with Rogers as internet and Bell as TV. If you have it the other way around, I feel for you. That must be awful.

Possibly the worst part of Bell is their "customer service". They just bounce you around from department to department and you spend more time being transferred around their offices than anything else. None of them want to accept you as their problem. There is too much internal incentive for them to just transfer you to someone else. Must be pressure on the employees to get call times down or just absolutely atrocious training. Probably both. I will never give another dollar to Bell and look forward to them reaching out to me in the future with promotions of their terrible service so I can deny them entry into my home. I will also not use any third party services that use their lines because then I will again be dependent on their crappy service/technology. For 2018, in an urban area, this service is pathetically weak and their customer service to fix the issue is just as bad.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had issues with Bell before, but decided to give them another chance two years ago...what a mistake. I got on two years contract and regret about that every minute. First of all, during accepting contract, I had been told, that my price will not change during that time - wrong. Apparently, there is somewhere small shrift stating that it will change, when out loud Bell say it will not...

My payment was lost. I paid bill 10 days before due day, it never got posted, two days after due date, I received letter from collections stating that I owe money. Money, Bell got lost, and decided to blame me for it. Finally, my contract got to the end, and I found another provider. I had phone call from the Bell saying they received cancelation request for services and they wanted to offer me something better. Of course it was not even close as good as expected. I declined offer and confirmed that I would like to cancel my services on April 16. Bell agreed, however, they keep sending me bills, for services I do not have, and was supposed to be canceled over a month ago.

Moreover, apparently, my services never been canceled, and even I returned all equipment, according to Bell representative, I still have to pay the bill for something I do not use or have. This company is horrible. I am planning to sue them, as someone should stop customer abuse, and Bell should pay for it. NEVER GO WITH BELL, NEVER!!! THIS WHOLE COMPANY IS ONE BIG SCAM.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I've been with Bell for several years and they screwed me around. I tried to switch my billing dates and they charged me about 50.00 just to change for 8 days. If I would have known about that I wouldn't have done it. I advise not to go with Bell.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I called to cancel my home phone, they stalled and then hung up on me, and it was closed when I called back. I called the next day, the first person hung up on me. Now calling for the 3rd time I am ready to cancel everything I have with Bell, I got sent through to a retention person, who offered me a deal that was worse than the one advertised on their website??? When I pointed that out, I was told "I am not sales" and she cancelled everything I have with Bell and didn't seem to care at all. I have never seen a company care so little about their customers before. I called to cancel home phone and ended up cancelling home phone and unlimited internet (over $150 a month on a terrible plan). Amazing "customer service" to actually ruin any chance of staying with the company. If I could give no stars, I would have.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We have been a long, long time customer of Bell. We recently got talked into taking an upgrade in Modem to Fibe 50 which is a faster mb download. We did this because I was looking for a better deal on my bill since I've been carrying all 3 services for years. The tech came and had to put the modem in the basement. The speed was terrible so I had to call again and this past Sunday (2 days later) another tech came to put the modem upstairs in one of our bedrooms. This all went fine until the next day when we noticed that one of our phones was not working properly as a result of the move.

I then proceeded to call again and explain this to another Bell person who, after speaking with them for 30 minutes stated that there would be a charge for the tech to come and fix the line. So, because of the fact that we upgraded our Modem and now one of our phone lines doesn't work, they want to charge me $75.00 for the internal line repair. To make a long story short, I finally called the "Loyalty Dep't" and they did say that they would charge me but that it would be credited to my account at a later date. It has been quite an ordeal dealing with Bell all because we're basically giving them more business. As it is we have 3 of Bell's products in our home. TV, Phone and Internet. The whole thing has been such a waste of time and has given both myself and my wife a headache. Exhausted!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have been with Bell for a long time. My contract was up long ago (thank goodness). I got the bundle service (internet, phone and tv). The cost of my bill just kept going up and up without any notice! It was outrageous! I called Bell many times to try to get my bill down in cost monthly or I told them I was going elsewhere for my services. They wanted to keep me as a customer so they would try to get it down with a credit here and there. But my bill NEVER goes down! It keeps going up!

Recently I kept getting a white screen from Bell everytime I try to type in and search any URL telling me I need to register my new internet service? I never got any new internet service! I always tried to go with the lowest priced package for internet they offered and even that was too much money for me and my very tight budget! When I kept getting the white bell page asking me to register the new internet service I decided to investigate what was going on. I had no idea what I was going to discover. I found that BELL CANADA upped my internet package without asking me and without my knowledge! A $99. package! It said they gave a $10 credit bringing it down to $89. But my package I had was less than that! That is when I made my mind up to get rid of Bell ASAP! I completely cut them off!

I am with another company and my new monthly bill (regular everyday price, no contract) is less than half of what Bell charged me! They can send my name to the credit bureau for all I care after cheating me and doing what they did to me without my consent! I have no idea what else they were charging me with that I never signed up for! Bell Canada are crooks and cheats! That need to come off their high horse as there are so many much cheaper choices out there for services! Yet they keep increasing their prices and sneaking add ons? Pathetic!

Also after being a customer with them for so long and paying my bills they wanted to suspend my services because I was short about $36 on my bill payment due to my dog getting diagnosed with diabetes and having to scrape up fund for him to go to the vet. It was a week before payday and they would have gotten the new bill paid in full along with this balance overdue! Yet they couldn't wait? I was still in the crying and scared stage after my dog was diagnosed. I was distraught and they added this burden on me! I needed my phone for the Vet in case of any emergencies with my dog.

After the vet bills I have no money for feed myself. I have about $25. in my bank account for food for the next week. I gave it to Bell to help cover the $36 balance I owed from my previous bill. I now owed $11.00! They still threatened to suspend me if I didn't pay it all! Then they wanted me to pay the new bill also in full right then! According to my new bill I still had a week before it fell into being overdue! They had me crying, panicking and feeling like giving up! I am more than happy not paying this last bill! I could care less what they do about it! How dare they get so greedy and treat a long time customer like that! Shame on Greedy Bell! I am so HAPPY I am with the new company I am with!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I signed up for Bell internet online to skip the hassle of calling in and received my confirmation email with an installation date of April 28th. The day comes around and the tech doesn't show so I call to find out why and they tell me the facility was insufficient for a Bell line so they needed to send an engineer to the site to get it ready. This was scheduled for 2 days later with a promise to call back and set an appointment for the in-house installation. Okay, no problem I thought. Two days later, nothing. I call back on the 3rd day and find out the order was on hold because of some "looping number" whatever that means. They send another tech 8 days after the original date and this guy notices hey the facilities were insufficient and an engineer had to be on site. Back to square one.

Call in again asking if it's even possible to get Bell internet, got put on hold and this CS agent had no clue what to do so she tried diverting me to another department and then asked me if I everything was resolved LOL... I just kept muttering, this has to be some kind of joke while I was on hold so she came back on and told me someone from Elite group was going to call me with more info shortly. They call set up a new appointment 16 days post original one. When the day comes, the tech doesn't show. I call in asking why and they tell me it had to be postponed to the day after because they're spread too thin because of the storm.

I decide to cancel by calling the same number but get diverted to a number starting with 1866 669... call this new number and the agent couldn't find any info regarding my order or at least pretended to because I gave her everything from the order number to email and address. She said it wasn't in the system. So I called in again the following morning to the CS line I've been calling all along and this time they were able to cancel my order.

I was asked if there was anything that could change my mind and I told them if they offered free service for a year I was still cancel. My advice to anyone considering Bell. DON'T. Try smaller start up companies like TechSavvy or Start Communications. They operate on the same lines as Cogeco, Bell or Rogers but are easier to reach (e.g. a call to Start Communications lasts on average 1-2 minutes whereas Bell has had me on for over 30) and they offer generally the same internet packages. Plus discounts (e.g. Start offers $25 dollars off next bill if you recommend their services to a new customer, my name's Benyam ** by the way).

I hope this helps anyone considering making the fall to Bell. I wasn't rude once in any of my phone calls, didn't curse at anyone because it really isn't their fault, the company's CS is just flawed. They outsource it to American companies and the disconnect is so apparent. When you call the smaller companies you dial local numbers and really good CS.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Greed and fraud are what motivates Bell. Scamming subscribers (cancel and support honest companies sic.) is written in their marketing strategy. I have now canceled my subscription, but while I was a member I had made no less than 20 complaints on double late fees, fees that change from month to month (one month 3.99, others 8.94). One time I was charged 13$ and was not late at all. Investigate Bell immediately. People cancel in protest.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I left this company 9 MONTHS ago and I'm still suffering for it! After breaching their contract multiple times by altering my bills and charging me for services I never signed up for among other foul plays, I gave up and switched back to Rogers. I ensured to pay off all of my balances and even confirmed with the company that it has been paid for. Of which the agent I spoke with said, "Yes. You no longer owe us anything".

Fast forward 3 months later, I received a call that I owed some money, so I was stuck on the phone for over 20 mins disputing their claims. Eventually, after being passed around through multiple insensitive agents, a superior agent reversed the fee, and again confirmed I owed nothing. Fast forward another couple weeks and the same thing happens again and I had to fight it all over again. After all, it has now been over 5 months since I left Bell. (As at that time.)

Today May 11 2018, I got a call from a collection agency, (PVB or something like that ) that I owed $228 because I didn't not return my Bell cable box. Bell never contacted me regarding this (probably because they know I did in fact return their box in late August 2017 couple days after canceling my service). They waited almost a year before sending my account to collections, knowing fully well that I won't have any proof lying around that backs up my defense.

The collection agent was rude and condescending on the phone so I hung up and contacted Bell directly. They told me to provide a tracking number as proof. One I obviously no longer have. Considering it has been 9 MONTHS!!! So again I went back and forth with Bell trying to recall days dates and whatnot including the method of which I returned their equipments e.t.c. 'I mean I left your company almost a year ago. Why would I keep your box??? I sent it through Canada post as instructed by your agents.'

This company is a big scam and I sincerely hope that one day they mess with the wrong customer and get what they deserve. I almost cried on the phone cause they are always trying to put me situation and it just so infuriating... I can't sue them, they are too big. I guess it's why they bully and rob their consumers. Seriously, dealing with this company is like joining a cult... You never fully leave, and when you do, they find a way to pull you back in. It's sad and stressful to say the least... I won't even advice my worse enemy to sign up with them cause you gonna spend a chunk of your life arguing with them on the phone... mainly proving your innocence like you some kind of criminal.

Anyways, I spoke with a Bell agent today and once again they claimed to have reversed the collection bill and made a note that I have indeed returned the box since 2017. I asked for her name and ID number. Let's just hope that nothing springs up again in a couple months. It's a really exhausting, and a regrettable experience all round.

Please don't use Bell. It's not worth the stress nor fee. They throw tempting offers around, trust that they will only adhere to it for the first few months and then screw you over! The service isn't all that to begin with. I'm still amazed you had my number and email the whole time to contact me, yet you sent my account to collections for something you were certain I didn't owe. Wow! I think their favorite victims are people with unique foreign names. They assume you don't know anything which I guess makes you an easy target! I feel sorry for Canadian newcomers. But what do I know. Don't use Bell! Don't do it! For the sake of your sanity.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We have been paying our hard earned cash for the worst service and programming from Bell. They play the same movies over and over for months at a time which can ruin even the best, like “Young Guns.” They totally ran it into the hate list. I think Alexander is getting even with the Canadians for not supporting him when he was young, so he turncoat and is trying to get even by shoving their ** service on us. Let all sabotage the local recycle ♻️ programs until someone somewhere straightens these thieves out.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Bell Mobility is THE WORST company I have ever used. They charge in excess of at least 50 percent more than they tell you when you sign your contract. The customer service is horrible and constantly drop calls, and do not call back. Do NOT use Bell. Save yourself time and money.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I had agreed to give Bell a chance to win my internet business back after a 10 year boycott. 10 years ago they had the worst customer service known to humans. They haven't improved. Read on. The problems started at the installation appointment. The tech couldn't finish before I had to leave my house for an appointment so I rescheduled for 2 days later. The tech finished up while I had already left my home. When I returned to my home the tech had left the modem on my front porch where anyone could have stolen it and I would have been on the hook for missing equipment. That was a bad sign but it gets worse.

I was told that the second appointment would only take 20 minutes at 10:00 am. The second tech came at 10:00 am said he would be back in 10-15 minutes, he left, but didn't return for over an hour. I had to leave for another appointment so I called the sales rep and advised him I was cancelling and to not touch my home. There were too many signs this would be another bad experience with Bell. My rep said he would call the technician. When I returned from my appointment the technician was working at the side of my house. I advised him to stop working and that he could remove anything he installed. He tried to convince me that he was almost done but he hadn't even started drilling a new hole for the fiber line. I went inside to call 310-BELL to cancel and while I was on hold my internet with Rogers went out.

I went outside and asked the tech what he did to my internet. He tried to play like he did nothing but the Rogers box was cut open. Tie straps were on the ground. He played with some wires and reconnected one. I finally got through to a Bell rep on the phone to cancel but my internet was still not working. I went outside and looked in the Rogers box again I noticed that the internet fiber line had been cut. I didn't notice it the first time and the tech had left. The tech had intentionally damaged my existing internet. If he returns I'll consider him a threat and will deal with him as such. Stay away from Bell. They are still as horrible as ever and they hire criminals that will damage your property.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have 2 accounts, 13 TV sets in my home and high-speed internet. Not only does are system not work correctly, we have been overbilled by in excess of 30% more than originally agreed upon. I have been promised on 5 different times from loyalty and never lived up to these promises. I can give great advice to anyone considering Bell. DON'T DO IT.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs