1.14/5

Last updated: April 19, 2018

535 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I had been with Bell Canada for over 10 years but decided to switch to Rogers because of the following: 1. Bell Canada agents were calling 3 or 4 times EVERY day, to market/upgrade services. 2. Their internet service was slower than Rogers. 3. I upgraded my phone and received a better deal on Rogers. When we called to cancel the account, we were told that we will received a pre-paid package to return the Satellite box, and we paid the final bill to make sure nothing was owed.

To our surprise, the same amount that we had just paid, $331, was charged again, because we were on a pre-authorization method of payment. When we contacted Bell, they said that Rogers was supposed to take care of the transfer, and that they never canceled the TV, so we were being charged for it. They absolutely refused to give a refund despite the fact that they knew perfectly well that we had called to cancel the TV service (hence the note on their account about returning the Satellite Box - and the level of incompetence goes further since we never received that package).

I am appalled at the service and feel very foolish for giving them our business for that means years. In conclusion, I will never give them any business and will share this experience with others, so that they know what they are dealing with - very unprofessional and no accountability (they made the mistake of charging us twice and never sent the package to return the equipment). I wish we had just canceled the pre-authorization for automatic payment, but we were dealing with a death in the family, and the last thing on our mind was how to avoid being robbed of $331.

Original review: April 19, 2018

On March 15 I agreed to Fibe 25 service in my house via chat with their representative. She clearly identifies herself in the chat as a Bell rep. Through the discussion she agreed to $45.95 per month for the next two years and waive installation charge. I get the confirmation email and the price is wrong so I go back to chat with a different agent and she confirms that she has made the change to $45.95 per month and no installation charge. I printed out both of these conversations. I get my bill today and being charged $74.95 a month. I call loyalty department and get someone who cannot speak English very well and he proceeds to be all over the place when I called to speak to them about my TV and internet and no interest in home phone.

I just couldn't believe this guy. He told me I should get Fibe 25 when it clearly states that what I have on my bill. I lost my cool with him and told him I wanted to speak with manager and he says he can schedule a call back for me at their convenience??? WTF??? They are losing clients like flies but they are also not honouring their word. I have just emailed the President's office and see where that goes. If nowhere I will forward the conversations to the CRTC and see where that takes me. I got this in writing no getting out of this. If you ever have a chat conversation with them always print it out.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

First thing - My husband paid off his bill in full amount of $800 one year ago and the credit department did not update it on the credit report and my husband was refused his job offers because of this and when called in for continuous 3 days one CSR kept transferring phone to another! Second, I got 10$ off on my second line of phone which was not updated for 4 months. I called every month to get the $40 and every CSR said, "Yes. It's done," and just hung up the phone and when called again other used to say, "No. There are no changes made," and they asked me proofs that I called them to ask for my genuine discount. Overall they just want to sell their product and want their money!! They do not at all care about service or customer care. Bell not recommended for anyone. My contract will be done in June and I will be done with Bell too!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've contacting Bell mobility customer service since February due to my issue at credit bureau. I never been a Bell subscriber and yet I got charged $180 year 2012. They keep on promising of calling back 10 to 14 days every time I will follow up. It's been over 2 months no one has contacted me from Bell, just telemarketing.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I got bundled services with this company 1.5 years ago. For the first 6 months billing was fine. After 6 months services and bills started changing. I brought that to their attention by calling them and their agent suggested a different package which would meet my needs under the budget I was comfortable with. When the bill came, it was more than what the agent told me. I wasted countless of hours trying to resolve billing issues over the phone and setting up the right TV channels and package to fit within the budget. The bills were always off. I set up automatic withdrawals for monthly bills, automatic withdrawals did not take into consideration actual balance on the account. It took out the entire bill amount which was over by $250 instead of the actual balance due mid January 2018. I called Bell to try to refund the overcharged amount of $250.

They told me that their system did not allow this and that I have to wait for a check which can take weeks. On January 26, 2018 I decided to disconnect my services with them because of my overall frustration and they tried to charge me an early disconnection fee because I was on a 2 year contract. The email that their employee relation sent me said that this charge was because of When I talked and shared my overall experience with Bell the agent who was in charge of closing my account, she waived the disconnection fee. I returned my cable and internet equipment. Bell processed a refund in February which never got to be because it got sent to my address without the actual suite number as per their agent when I called them towards the end of March, 2018. The agent assigned a case manager to get in touch with me to get this resolved.

This got overlooked and no one contacted me or did anything on my account in order to get this resolved. I found this out when I called again In April 12, 2018. I asked the agent about the number of times I called Bell in the past few months and she said that I called them over 26 times since October, 2017. I am still waiting for my $250 check and a call from a Manager. I have easily spent over 20 hours of my personal time trying to resolve billing issue with this company and still waiting for my refund of the overpaid amount. Would it be fair for me to ask for a compensation for the amount of time and stress I went through? I hope my story reaches the right person within Bell. If not Bell I hope other consumers who are trying to find out whether Bell is the right company for them read my story.

How do you hold a company accountable for the amount of time a consumer wastes trying to resolve billing issues caused by a system that does not work efficiently? It is interesting to note that the refund process at Bell make sure that the customer experience remains poor because of one option which comes with delays in check processing. When it comes to accepting payments their system has so many options and flexibilities. I find that very interesting for a company that presents its self as being customer focused.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: April 12, 2018

I called them to make an appointment for Thursday morning and they set the schedule for me. I gave them a phone number that is different from my phone number because I am not the owner of the modem. I told them seriously about calling to this number instead of my number. I had test on that morning, and they called to my number. I was so angry about it but could not go to pick the phone up because it was not allowed. Then, they let the owner wait about 3 hours. After finishing the test, I called them to be sure that they could come back again because the owner was still waiting, but they said they couldn't and asked me to make another appointment in the afternoon. What the heck? Let your customer wait in 3 hours with a wrong calling phone number? And now telling me to make another one? Do they think that our time have no value? If I can, I will sue them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

2 months after cancelling my Bell account and paying all my dues, they send me another bill saying I have to pay extra 3.60$. It is not the 1st time this is happening with Bell and I known many people that have issues with Bell all the time, which lead me to write a review about it (something I don't do often). Also, Bell always puts extra charges on my bill and I have to call them every 3 months to clear them, which is a waste of time spent on customer service.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was going to switch my services to Rogers and Bell called me saying that they would match Rogers price. I could not believe it when I realize Bell delete everything on my phone. They took off my voicemail, call waiting, call display. they strip my services to nothing in order to match Rogers' price. They are such liars. The agent reassured me that my voicemail and call display was included in the price. I called back to make sure and was also told that it was included. Bell also added $199 for a modem. They did not advise me of this. I called and they changed it to a rental fee of $ 7. I was not paying a modem fee prior so why would I choose to pay now. I cannot believe the level of dishonesty in this company. So terrible. I asked them to play back the conversations I had with the agent. Bell refused.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Bell customer service was ridiculous. I have been Bell customer for last 6 years and they screw me very badly. My plan was loyalty plan and I have been getting 6 Gb data and my wife was getting $65 no data. So I asked the customer service agent her name was Abby to change my 6 Gb to 3 and give me unlimited call and text and change my wife plan to 75 where she can get 3 Gb data. But what she did she was so happy to degrade me to 3 Gb and after she is changed right away saying that she can’t give $75 for other plan. So I asked her, "You promised me first. So if you can’t change then back me to my old plan." She can’t do that as well. They will always ready to degrade you. So please beware of Bell representatives. I never recommend Bell to anyone.

Original review: April 5, 2018

To begin, I would like to say that I have been a customer of Bell Canada for close to FORTY YEARS. I used to have Bell WiMax modem, which had good speed and zero caps on usage. About 6 years ago - give or take - they informed us that we would be switched to something sooooooo much "better". Of course no choice in the matter. WiMax was discontinued. I still to this day wonder why, unless it was strictly for this cash grab called Turbo Hub. I immediately went online to see the reviews of this new modem/service and was greatly disappointed. Nothing but complaints about the prices, service and the agents/tech support not knowing what the *bleep* they are doing.

Now that I have been using the Turbo Hub modem for this many years, I have nothing but bad things to say about it and the "customer service" that goes along with it. Everything I read on the review sites is happening to me. Being passed around from agent to agent to agent when having technical or billing issues, each agent blaming the last one in lots of cases (very unprofessional). Don't even get me started on this ridiculous cap of 80 gigs. Bell is probably the only service in Canada doing this. No upgrades to it, sorry this is not available. I can do 80 gigs in a week if I was allowed to watch Netflix. But no, I even have to be careful of how many cute and fuzzy cat videos I watch on YouTube because this can put me over at the end of the month.

The price for this piddly 80 gigs/month!? $70.00. So if and WHEN you go over that incredible fee for what you get, you pay $4.00/gig in overages!! Do you know how fast that adds up? That's 20 dollars for FIVE gigabytes!! Talk about raking it in, Bell! I am just dying for Rogers or some other service provider to come up here. It won't be long now, we're just north-west of Orangeville. I don't care if their reviews are just as bad, it's the principle of it now.

And finally. The Bell.ca site, or log in to My Bell? As soon as you get used to their stupid layout that's hard enough to navigate, they go and change everything to a worse layout than the last! And good luck if you choose the Chat With an Agent option on the site. They take a two-minute problem and turn it into a two-hour marathon with all their scripted BS that they fill the chat screen with. Ok. I'm done. Purged. For what it's worth. I know nothing will be done about any of this by Bell themselves, but maybe, juuuuuust maybe one person reading this before locking into a contract for at least one year with these bandits will think twice and go with Xplornet or whoever else is available in their rural area.

Original review: April 3, 2018

The customer service is NOT customer service. I was given a new cell phone from the smart/phone care plan because I dropped the other one I had and it needed it replaced. I gladly paid the fee to get a new one sent to me, because I dropped it, it was my fault. They sent me a refurbished cell and it just crapped out on me, the screen suddenly stopped working. They sent me a faulty phone and because it has been past the 90 day warranty they expect me to pay another $300 for a new replacement. How is that fair? I was given a faulty cell, I should not have to pay for a new one considering it was their fault. They sent me a refurbished, faulty, cell. Where is the customer service in that? I am willing to pay the $600 to cancel my contract with Bell, I would rather find a new provider than get ripped off from a multi-million dollar company. I am getting a new provider and cancelling my service with Bell.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Basically the Bell Technician who came to my house was an incompetent moron who couldn't tell the difference between PC and Mac. He made multiple offhand racist comments about ** people and made comments that I was a loser... he refused to identify himself and made threatening comments if I reported him. When I complained to Bell this ** Dave ** called me and was very rude and basically called me a liar, strangely multiple times he compared me to his own mother... he let me know without a witness they weren't going to do anything and wasted my time. I never thought a company could be as bad as Bell but they have had an almost monopoly for so long they think they can get away with anything.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Bell Canada does not deserve any star. The customer service department, which is the face of Bell Canada do not know who to be customer service people. I was kept on hold being bounced back and forth between departments for 45 minutes. They said they would get back to me and it's been a month and I'm still waiting. As soon as I can find another provider I will be done with them.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Bell Canada does not deserve any star. Worst unethical company. The management should be ashamed of themselves running such organization. First of all, customer services sucks and not helpful okay? Secondly, what's the matter with your unlimited corporate greed to suck every cents out there in your customer's pockets? Changed from Bell to Virgin last December (both belong to the same ** By the way) and finished paying all that was owed to Bell. Bell account was deactivated so there was no way to find out if they sent me some message to Bell account.

Got 21 dollar surprise bill in March suddenly from Bell saying that I owed them. It does not make any sense to me. They said they sent the bill in February to me which I did not receive at all. The mystery of this was created when I called Virgin customer service number to activate my new account with Bell number and account (I had Bell unlimited call plan by the way) apparently, Bell charges you to call other provider's customer service number. Where is the contract promise? Unlimited calls in Canada should be unlimited. Period! I pity you little parasites at Bell. Never buy anything from Bell, people! Stay away from them!

Original review: March 24, 2018

It's the most ignorant company I ever deal with in my whole life it's call (Bell) Canada. Actually no stars but your system make me click on at least one star and I believe you do not deserve any star.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Whenever I call Bell Mobility about my account I end up speaking to someone in the Philippines. I would like to speak to someone in my own country. When I request this they tell me they cannot transfer me. I am repeatedly told it is not possible for me to reach someone in my own country.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I switched from landline to mobility. They billed me $788. I called to find out and they kept transferring me to landline and mobility departments in circles. I was on the phone for 2 hours. Every one of them said they don't see the balance on their side and they can't even find my account. One of the reps even hung up on me. I thought Rogers was a bad company but Bell is just plain stupid and moronic. One of the reps named Anthony said this might be a scam, I logged into their website and saw my bill. How could that be a scam? What a fool. He also said he will transfer me to someone who can "really" help me with and he would explain to them and hold line but he didn't. People who works as reps needs to lower their pay and learn about what customer service really is. I will never use Bell or refer this demonically moronic company to any business owner. I will do my best to stop anyone I know in business and family from using Bell.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Constantly calling my friends phones even after telling them every couple weeks that they need to call my phone if they need to talk to me. I have 4 cellular lines with them and when I first signed up with them a couple years ago they were great. This past year however it's been a non-stop battle. In fact the first week of January this year I spent over 30 hours on the phone with them after my phone was stolen to get it replaced. And than after one of the calls they disconnected all 4 of my lines go no reason.

Come February I get my bill and it is 950 bucks for 1 month of service so on the phone with them again. Took about 10 hours on the phone with them to get it adjusted and for them to send me a copy of the bill that I have still yet to receive. Then this month my bill is over 1000 bucks again. I am to the point where they can take their lack of service and shove it up their ** if they can't even bill properly and then sit there and argue with you. And that is if you can even understand the person on the phone as none of them seem to speak any English.

Original review: March 20, 2018

~136$ tax in became 172.41$ tax in, in about 2 years. Of course, those are normal business practices, that only Bell seems to apply. So, we were paying for limited 20mbps internet, telephone with no long distance (we have a different service for that) and a TV service with sub-par programming (as all TV is nowadays). So, we called to compare with a competitor. And that competitor blew them out of the water, and onto their sorry ass in under 5 minutes. How is it possible in 2018 to pay 40/50/60$ for phone services when there's widespread VOIP connectivity? This is unsatisfactory. And then the internet service - 20mbps limited at 300-400gb? In 2018, North America? at 60$? only if you're high – or in their case, dishonest.

And then, we made our decision: to switch internet and telephone to the competitor and cancel TV plans altogether. And that competitor managed to give us double and above the speed of the internet with unlimited usage. And unlimited long-distance phone calls for 30$ - which of course would infuriate any Bell user. Additionally, we decided to cut TV for the simple reason that between YouTube, Netflix, and Spotify – we get most of our entertainment for less money and with a higher quality.

Two phone calls later I have heard the following dishonest upsell tactics: "Other companies rent the line from us, so their lines aren't as good." (Not all other companies run on Bell infrastructure, and you’re not supposed to **-over your corporate customers that are renting from you.) - "Other companies might not have a service in your area (that particular competitor did, and so do 6 others)" - "Other companies' hardware is not as good as ours" - "We provide a superior service." Listen, honey, these are half-truths left for interpretation. If you aren’t technically inclined, you might misinterpret what they’re saying as being facts. This is dishonest.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Bell Internet, cable - OK Service TERRIBLE cx service: Bell is a terrible company because they never follow the conditions of the contract. They have little fees for everything and next thing you know there is $1000 bill accumulated which essentially should be 0 according to the contract for an x number of months. CUSTOMER SERVICE 0 stars. I would give a negative rating if that was possible. They wait times are at least 2 hrs. They get on the phone, listen and leave you on hold for hours without checking in with you to ensure that they have not forgotten about the cx. It takes weeks to get in touch with them and God forbid you have technical difficulties which also happens a lot.

I feel bad for all Bell consumers. They are a mafia and don't give a damn about their consumers. I have switched and my family and in laws have since switched to better providers. I have been with Fido and it's been 2 years and I have never had to make a call or experienced an interruption or slow service. That's the way it should be. I HATE BELL. I am embarrassed and appalled that such a huge company has such poorly trained staff and salespeople. The service and products are a joke.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I called today to modify my services with Bell and the reps were very rude when I told them I was canceling the landline and cable only to keep the internet. They also did not respect the original internet pricing contract. Will not do business with them in the future.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My family are subscribed with Bell in the province of Quebec since the late 60's and we were really proud to be with but since a decade, I've never got satisfaction from their services. A lot of mistakes were made on my billings and on the installations. Some of their employees don't have a complete training. Many of them are Arabs and ** men which lack of comprehension about how to find solutions "in the Canadian way", lack of politeness, not serious at work, rude on the phone, and else. I'm just saying the truth and of course some people will be against my reviews but that is reality. I am sure a lot of other customers did struggle same as I did, hours on the phone trying to get back our stolen money from Bell.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have lost approximately 25 hours of my life, over the past 5.5 Months to this company. In September 2017, I received a charge on my Mobility account for $517.30. I have never had a mobility charge over $200, in my eight years with Bell Canada. I logged on to MyBell to view the bill, as it was obviously incorrect. My bill was not available online, in fact my September bill is the only bill EVER that has not been available online. No worries, I’ll contact customer service and they will provide it to me.

Over the next 5 and a half months, I called into Bell at least 3x a month, requesting this bill. On every occasion, they reported it cannot be sent via email or fax, and that snail mail was the only option. It was “sent” to me via mail approximately five times. I never received it. During that period, I received approximately 15 letters from Bell, in regards to promotions, threats of cancellation and threats of sending my account to collections. But still no bill. Every time I called in, they would re-send it. They promised not to charge late payment fees, yes charged them every month. Every month I would have to call in, and have them manually remove the late-payment fees.

Finally, in March 2018 I was broken. I have contemplated accessing lawyers, however the time and effort while working full-time and raising a family were just too substantial. Today, I paid in full a fraudulent charge on my account for $517.30 that they were never able to provide a bill for. They have no evidence they rendered any services to me in September 2017. This is illegal. This company committed a crime, and yet they will win again.

This is not my only massive issue with this company. On a number of other occasions they have “forgot” to credit my account after returning my PVR. They “accidentally” charged an old MyBell account $150.00. I called in and they responded, “Oh yes that is not a valid charge” and simply removed it. Without my one hour phone call, they pocket $150 illegally once again. If you are set-up for pre-authorized payments with this company, you are undoubtedly out 100s of dollars.

I wish they had pulled this on me in my younger years, when I had the time and ability to go toe to toe with a giant organization and get legal representation.

Overall, stay away at all costs. This company needs to be held criminally responsible for what they do to their customers. After 8 years, I have likely paid them over $20000 for services, some rendered… others fraudulently created with zero tangible evidence. This is my story, don’t let it happen to you.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We went into Peterborough wanting to switch phones not knowing if we needed a new SIM card or what. Natasha was most amazing. Helped us switch the phone over, added what we needed to our account, set our old phone to a new phone app. An excellent experience. We have two cell phones and a home landline with Bell Canada. Have always had excellent customer service also and we are 25 year plus customers. But the Rep Natasha at Bell world was very kind and very knowledgeable. She provided excellent customer service and My Husband and I would recommend Going there.

Original review: March 8, 2018

After reading all these negative reviews I had to share my experience with this horrific company. I purchased my house 2 years ago and decided to go with Bell because my neighbour told me that Rogers was running slow in my area due to the high demand. I have 7 Smart TVs in my house and 6 Bell boxes ($7 each box a month). I was paying $260 a month for Internet, cable & landline. Within the 2 years, I’ve had Bell technicians at my house about 50 times (not over exaggerating)! First time they came they hooked up all their services and everything was fine. Then I realized that every time Bell would put in their modem it would interfere with my alarm system (Guardtek). My alarm would stop working so I contacted Bell and said I don’t know what your technician did but my alarm is not working!

Customer service said not my problem call Guardtek, our services are fine. So I call Guardtek schedule and they said our services were in first so it’s Bell that’s doing something wrong. Got another Bell technician in and he said I don’t know. Then I made an appointment with Guardtek and they came in and had to draw me a circuit diagram to give to the next Bell technician to show that they were putting a filter that was blockage my alarm. Guardtek had to reword everything again which costed me $400 after they had to come 2 times due to Bell's incompetence! I should of gave that bill to Bell! Finally got my alarm up and running and then lo and behold my TV starts freezing and internet kept crashing all the time! After that was finally taken care of, one day my electricity went out in my house due to a storm and I lost my services for 1 week!

I contacted Bell. They said, "All our technicians are busy. They will come to you next week!" I said, "Are you serious!? So reimburse me for that week". They said no, I even threatened to leave to go to Rogers and they didn’t care and said, "We will transfer you", I said, "Great now I have to talk to another idiot for an hour!" Bell has replaced 4 modems in my house in 2 years and no one can seem to figure out what is going on. The Bell technician comes and blames the previous technician. It’s like come on people! How hard is it to do your job? My final straw with Bell was last week. Fibre Optic just recently came into my area and I called to make an appointment for them to set it up for me and they said it’ll be a $7 extra charge. Now I’m at $267 a month for freezing TV and failing WiFi. They said this will fix all my issues with the TV freezing and lagging internet.

They sent a Bell technician that wasn’t even trained to set up the Fibre Optic! I stayed home all day for the Bell guy to come to my house to say “Sorry mam, they must of sent the wrong technician I am not equipped to do that ” I’m like great another waste of time! So what do I do, go back on the phone with Bell! Set up a new appointment for the right technician to come and he said that he would have to set up the Fibre Optic wire from my backyard and run it into my basement and run the wire on top of my ceiling. I told him that’s not happening. My house is new build. I’m not having a wire from the back of the house all the way into the middle of my house on the ceiling! He began to stare at me for 5 minutes and another 20 minutes into my electrical room and then said, "I can’t do it." So I said, "Okay that’s fine. I’ll get my electrician in here to run the wire properly and I’ll make another appointment with Bell".

I then told the technician, "Since you’re here my PVR hasn’t been working for 3 weeks can you fix it?" He said, "I don’t have time, I’ve been here for too long." I responded, "You’ve been here for 5 minutes and you would still be here if you were running the Fibre Optic!" I lost it on him, I said, "Is this a joke?!" He was huffing and puffing and said, "Where’s your PVR" and I said, "Upstairs". I take him to the PVR he takes a look at the PVR and looks at me and says, "I don't have time". I said, "So why would you tell me to take you upstairs? To stare at my PVR that doesn’t work". So I told him, "That’s fine. Don’t worry" and told him to stop wasting my time and get out of my house!

Rogers came knocking on my door last Saturday and offered me $160 promotion package for 2 years, no contract. I showed him what I was paying with Bell and that my services were always failing and he almost dropped his iPad. Next day Bell technical support called me and offered me a lower package, no super channel and removed a bunch of other features and said it’s going to be $210 + tax. I told the lady, "I am done with Bell." It’s not about the money! I’ve been paying $260 a month for 2 years! I told her, "Your services are garbage and I want all your services removed from my house ASAP!"

She kept saying, "We will offer you this and that but Rogers doesn’t have that." I’m like, "Listen lady I’ve had nothing but problems with all your technicians", I told her they’re all brain dead and she said, "As a Bell customer myself I am very sorry." I’m like, "Ya I’ve heard sorry from you guys for 2 years but no one feels sorry for me once you continue to take money out of my account!"

Whatever they offered me didn’t compare to Rogers. I would have to limit my channels in order to get the same rate as Bell. Rogers said to me, "Why are you paying for 6 boxes when you have Smart TVs when I can give you 2 boxes and you can hook them up to every TV." I said, "Amazing done!" I am so happy to have switched providers and my life will no longer consist of calling Bell 10 times a day for the same issue over and over again. If I wrote the rest of my experience with Bell then you guys would call me stupid for continuing to give Bell my business.

Everyone seems to have the same issues and bad experience, now it makes sense why every time I call Bell I’m on hold for 15 minutes trying to get a hold of someone who is more incompetent than the last person I spoke too! Bell is a joke and does not care about customer loyalty as much as they say they do! They won't do anything for you but cause you aggravation and grief! STAY AWAY.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I will add my name to the long list of unhappy Bell customers. They overcharge. I switched providers recently. When I called to cancel my Bell internet the woman on the Bell end nearly refused to disconnect my service as I asked. I demanded she disconnect my Bell internet or I would lodge a complaint. She finally relented and agreed to do as I asked after a near argument with me.

Original review: March 6, 2018

If I could rate this company a negative number I would. They are complete fraud. As a business owner I have worked with numerous companies. Many good, and some bad. However, this company is by far the worst. They are money stealing and completely deceitful. Definitely avoid working with them.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Bell tv & internet is a scam! They shut off my services because I was late on payment, ok that’s fine. So I pay them, then a week later they shut off my services again, so I call them up and ask why they shut it off. The lady goes on to tell me that I have not paid them, when I have an email to prove that I did. She goes on to also tell me that she will not try my services back on till I pay again. Cold day in hell I’m going to pay them again! They are just a money hungry company! My husband also worked for them and they would not pay him for the month he worked for them, so he quit! I ended my services with them and will not be going back to them! They are a crappy company!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have had it with Bell. Just this week (10hrs +) I was escalated to their "level 2" phone techs for internet TWICE, got 2 in-person visits to confirm that although I've been charged for a 25mb service for the past year, my house is in a loop and can't get more than 12mb. Now on the phone with customer service for over 45 mins - no ticket #s are in my file AND now they want to charge me for downgrading to a 15mb plan which is still more than I will ever get here according to the tech. Seriously?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Been a customer for 11 years. Wife was with Telus and wanted to switch to Bell. Huge mistake. Live 2 hours from a Bell dealer. Bell Mobility assured us,"No need to attend the store. Simply mail us the phone and call in to activate." Received the phone. Called in to be told she had to attend a Bell store for “identification purposes”. So she drive 3.5 hours after work to the nearest Bell store with two pieces of ID they asked for.

When she got to the store (St Paul Alberta Bell Store) she was told they have no idea why she was there and the discrepancy was through Bell head office and “Manpreet” had to fix the problem. She called “Manpreet” and could not speak to him. Drove all the way home and called Bell. Total of 6 hours on hold and told to “just go back to the store and tell them to call us”. Absolute customer service joke. She stayed with Telus. I’m also switching to Telus and if Bell thinks I’m paying out my contract they are CRAZY! DO NOT DEAL WITH BELL! You were warned.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs