2.71/5

865 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2019

I see a lot of bad reviews about Bell Canada and in my experience if you're rude and demand things over the phone you will usually get free credits but they will take their time reconnecting you. If you are respectful and polite on the phone and understand that it isn't the technician's fault that your services aren't working then 9 times out of 10 they will do everything in their power to get you hooked up again. After getting connected to a 2nd tier Bell technician we realized it was my fault the services weren't working, I had the wrong power adapter plugged in but all was good. We laughed and life went on. So to anyone having problems with Bell services, just remember that it goes a long way to be nice and calm. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Thank you to Bell Canada employee Terry **. She conducted business with me in a very professional manner. Informed and polite. She help me with my billing issue and is a credit to Bell Canada in the way she exhibited her duties.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have been using Bell cellphone service for 3 years. I have been very happy with the service. I won't say never had problems or mistakes but they get resolved right away. I moved to Ontario from Saskatchewan and from Ontario to Newfoundland in last 3 years. I had Bell service with me all the time. I would like to mention that when I was on ferry in the middle of the sea, I had Bell network on my phone. Now in NF I wanted to add internet home service. I read so many horrible reviews about the internet installation and tech etc, I still went ahead and booked the service. One more time with Bell, the amazing experience. The tech was on time, called me before he arrived and perfect. Got all done and connected.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

"Caution" to those whom want Internet/TV/Phone service from Bell. Very misleading, unreliable, Unsupported services, misrepresentation of items installed. False bookings, when scheduled and confirmed will not show! If/When you finally get your services - it will be inconsistent. But rest assured, when you complain enough you will be discounted for following months, that's because they know their services are nowhere they preach to be!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I won't bother you with details. I have had many run-ins with Bell over the years. I do not deal with them at all now. I hope to never do so again. The management of Bell just want to charge the most money that they can for every service that they have. Fortunately, they have lots of competition now so the consumer has choice. I would be glad to meet with management and tell them about my contact with Mother Bell could be improved. Will that ever happen. NO.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

As Bell Canada owns Virgin Mobile and provides installation and technical support for Virgin Mobile internet customers. I just signed up to try out Virgin Mobile but already writing this based on frustrating experience with many calls. I was with Kelcom for 4 years and probably may have called 3-4 times in 4 years and here within the fist 10 days, I have been on the phone many times with extremely frustrating experience and no resolution. As the customer and technical services provided from Philippines is one of the worst that I have ever experienced with any other company.

I made a mistake of trying this absolutely unprofessional company where definitely there is lack of management as they are sleeping somewhere and do not care how their customers are being treated. I used to be Bell customer many years ago and left because of poor service. I thought to try Virgin with the hope that this company would have changed but their service has degraded even further. Shame on Bell Canada..

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

It is a nightmare to speak any of the customer services (billing and cancellation department especially). They have zero respect and skills to speak with an existing customer. Tried to get an explanation for higher charges reflecting on my monthly bill, and the reply I receive is "WHAT YOU EXPECT a FREE SERVICE"? from a person named "Jessi".

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My installation was one week ago and I've had nothing but headaches and have gotten nowhere in getting a resolution. The installer drilled a hole through the wall of my home, severed a power cable and the power went out. The area supervisor came to my home and informed me that it was my problem and they would "try" to come back once I had the power fixed! I called a local company and was very fortunate to be able to arrange a quick repair, in less than one hour my power had been restored. I had to call that area manager and remind him that it was Friday and it was a long weekend, so it was important that he send someone asap because I didn't want to be without phone, tv and internet for the long weekend.

A technician came to the house and right away we had problems. First, I had asked for 3 tv receivers and he only had 2. Bell promised me that I would be able to keep my phone number (which I've had for 20 years) but he said he had a new number. He was able to get a 3rd tv receiver from his vehicle but the phone number still has not been resolved after one week.

I then started the process of being reimbursed for the electrical work which was also a big headache. I called Bell several times and about half the time they wouldn't even talk to me because I didn't have an "account number". All I had was an "order number" because I was a new customer, so it was just luck on my part as to whether the person who was on the phone would talk to me or not. I finally ended up sending copies of the electric bill to the area manager and he tells me it will be 5 weeks before I am reimbursed!?!? I should charge them interest for that amount of time!

I've never experienced such terrible service in my life, and I have definitely seen very poor examples before but this takes the cake. I was with Cogeco before and although I was paying a little more for the same service, I was always happy with the customer service and tech support. I also had to extend my service with Cogeco to keep the phone active which is what Bell told me I had to do in order to allow them to secure the number. I am paying for services from 2 companies now and I am sure Bell won't give me any consideration for that fact. If I had to do it over again, I would have called Cogeco and altered my service or asked for some kind of reduction on the bill. Switching to Bell was a mistake.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Very disrespectful customer service. This is my second attempt with Bell, only to be down the same road as last time. I will stick with a different company from now on, lesson well learned! They do not give a crap about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Initially advertised as a 45 dollar package for Bell TV which has hidden fees that sum up to almost 100 dollars after taxes. Bell or any other major cable company is a scam. Invest in Netflix or Prime.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs