2.54/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Bell Canada

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Bell Canada Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Our tel was changed until Ann saved the day with our no. back! Thank you to Bell Canada employee *Ann*. She conducted business with us in a most professional manner! She was at all times over the week helpful and polite! Ann certainly is a wonderful credit to Bell in the way she helped us and how well she presented her duties!

Original review: March 10, 2019

I see a lot of bad reviews about Bell Canada and in my experience if you're rude and demand things over the phone you will usually get free credits but they will take their time reconnecting you. If you are respectful and polite on the phone and understand that it isn't the technician's fault that your services aren't working then 9 times out of 10 they will do everything in their power to get you hooked up again. After getting connected to a 2nd tier Bell technician we realized it was my fault the services weren't working, I had the wrong power adapter plugged in but all was good. We laughed and life went on. So to anyone having problems with Bell services, just remember that it goes a long way to be nice and calm. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Thank you to Bell Canada employee Terry **. She conducted business with me in a very professional manner. Informed and polite. She help me with my billing issue and is a credit to Bell Canada in the way she exhibited her duties.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We recently reviewed our bill and found that we were being billed for lines that we had not used in a few years. So we called the 310Bell and were bounced around for 4 and a half hours. Finally they decided we were a "Concierge account" and we had to email that department. We quickly received an auto email stating someone would contact us. No one ever did so we contacted another provider and had the one number that we actually used ported over to another provider. And Bell sent us a $2229.09 cancellation fee. We called the billing department and according to them we had a contract.

The contract was an Email sent to a secretary two years ago. So again I sent a note to the Concierge department asking for someone to explain and other than an auto reply no one bothered to call us back. We would have stayed with Bell had they not been so hard to deal with. If the rest of Bell Canada was as efficient as their billing department they would have a much more profitable telecom department.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Me and my wife were with Bell mobility for 7 years. Now when I think about it I wasted my money on a ** and careless service. I was paying $167 a month and my wife was paying $125 a month. Every month there was some ** extra charges with no legit explanation when I ask about it.. Customer service is absolutely unethical and rude most times and each rep would say ten different stories every time you called to ask a question ... Bell Canada should be audited for fraud!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Switched to Bell Fibre Op in 2014, 24 month premium plan, $159.00 a month. Within 1 year. increased to $179 a month. In 2016 started having numerous technical problems. Customer service was amazing, always offered me a discount (free movie) for our troubles. In 2017 plan went from $189 to $239, contacted loyalty agent with my plans to discontinue service. Was offered a 2 year plan,$196 a month. At that time was given customer employee number and promotional code, was informed that in September 2019 promotion would be extended for 24 more months. In the last year we had a back up battery go dead, fee was $40, two remotes went bad, $30 each.Almost every bill was over charged, nauseating process to communicate and resolve issues. Received last bill, increased to $269 per month.

Contacted loyalty program, 3 times. I am not a valued customer. Can not believe that Bell trains these customer service representatives to lie so blatantly. 3 different customer service personnel, 3 fabrications of why my service had increased. Final conversation, Bell a multi billion dollar corporation was willing to remove $22 monthly but I lost 3 theme packs of programming which basically left us with the garbage that we would never watch. I hope others are not gullible enough to tolerate these con artists. Have now had to arrange to go with another provider (promotional package that is acceptable), the hassle of returning all Bell components myself, obtain receipts, all serial numbers and accessories so that I don't receive a staggering bill for something Bell will claim I never returned. Can't believe that I went from a 5 star provider to what I now consider despicable.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Thursday, 2019/10/17 EDT 1724 hrs. You need Government issued photo ID with an ADDRESS to get a cellular account, not only with Bell Mobility, but every cell phone provider. The fact you require Government issued identification with an address works heavily in my favour. Bell Mobility sent me a phone bill, only problem with that they addressed it to an alias I used among my social circle and with acquaintances, and the bill was sent to an ADDRESS I no longer had affiliations with. Only very few knew my LEGAL name such as Government organizations.

I argued with Bell Mobility fraud centre telling them I did NOT start the account and that everyone knows me by my alias, and threw their own rules in their face reminding them that you need GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION to get a cellular account with them, they then changed their tune and said: 'Well, the account was started with your Social Insurance Number.' Even better. A SIN number? Anyone can use one's SIN, that's why Bell Mobility's strict policy of

GOVERNMENT Issued Photo IDENTIFICATION. Geez, I know my best friend's SIN, that's certainly NOT going to get me a cellular account, I'll see Bell in court.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Bell Canada is disgusting. They built walls everywhere. They claim privacy. The government needs to step in. They sold me a two year package and started raising my price in 3 months. I filed a complaint with CCTS and encourage everyone to do the same. Record every call you make to them and don’t disclose until the end of the conversation. Especially record your first call if you're calling as a new customer. I was with a Rogers for years and hated them but Bell Canada is revolting. Stay away. I encourage everyone. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Bell has the worst customer service. Poorly trained. Every time we call in to resolve an issue, we are given different and usually wrong information. We have been trying to resolve an issue with Bell since July without success. We were promised that a manager would call us yesterday to help resolve our issue but no phone call occurred. Don't get Bell Satellite tv if you have other options. We are so angry with Bell. Very frustrated. Wake up Bell. Streaming services are your competition.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been a customer of Bell Canada for over 35 years. I found now that I no longer required their services as I find myself rarely home. It has been a nightmare ever since. I received my bill Aug. 9 to Sept. 9 so I cancelled as of Sept. 9. They bill me for Sept. to October and tell me that I have to pay that bill in full or they will send the account to collection. Like WTF! I called them and explained that I would wait for my credit and pay my final bill. Then I find out that they are calling my father who has nothing to do with my account. I call them and they tell me they will put a block on my father's number. We are no way connected. Doesn't my 80 year old father get 8 more phone calls in 48 hours at all times of the day and night.

I called them again and they assured me that it would not happen again. **. 2 more days of phone calls. I then get my supposedly final bill and it is all wrong. They are telling me that I cancelled the 23rd when I cancelled the 9th and I have the letter to prove it. Then they tell me they will issue the remaining credit next month. Are they crazy! I ask for a manager and was put on hold for 1 hour to be told there was no manager available and they would transfer me somewhere else where I was put on hold for another 45 minutes. I finally hung up.

Their service is absolutely horrible and after 35 years you think that I would be treated with respect. What a horrible place and I am so thankful that I cancelled my services and took whatever services I needed with Videotron! I will not pay them a dime or return their equipment till I have a proper bill. I have been in customer service for over 30 years and would never think of treating anyone like this. I will never recommend BELL CANADA to anyone!

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs