Bell Canada

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was part of a friends and family plan with Bell Canada through my husband’s company. The company recently closed and Bell would not allow any of us to continue with our plans. As I was only 1 year into my plan I was going to have to pay the penalties. I went to Costco and switched to Virgin, we were advised that the total penalty on the plan was going to be $330.00, with no unlocking fee going from Bell to Virgin. The next thing I know they have charged my credit card for $629.00! As it is on a friends and family plan, and the main contract is with my husband’s company I could only access the summary statement information which does not give the details of the charges.

The administrator of the Bell plan at my husband’s company could not get anywhere sorting out these charges with Bell. They then billed me another $56 on my credit card, and again I could not find out what these charges were for. They have now been calling me saying I owe another $56!!! I was very angry and asked them to send me an email detailing what all these charges were before I would speak to them. They said they couldn't do that and have continued to call me. I have never experienced such ridiculous and unprofessional billing practices which border on fraud. I have blocked their number and will be contacting my credit card company to see if I can recover some of these unauthorized charges.

I've had to make 5 phone calls the past 2 months and each time it gets more and more frustrating. The initial call was to cancel our services with Bell. The CSR rep on the phone kept trying to convince us of other options or just suspending our account. We had considered suspending our account, until we found out it would cost us money. I explicitly told her no and to cancel the services and she told me she did. Now, either she confused herself with all the attempts to convince us to not cancel, or she is new and doesn't know how to do her job, or is just plain old incompetent. BECAUSE, instead of canceling our services LIKE I ASKED, she suspended our services instead.

I only found this out after my second phone call to Bell when another representative told me this. They then told me they'll reverse the suspension but that I would have to call back in 24 hours to cancel my services, which leads to my third phone call. The third phone call, it gets canceled, and we're told they'll send shipping labels for the receivers and modem and we'll see a prorated refund on our bill since we didn't fully use the service. The fourth phone call came when we did received a prorated bill, but it was billed TWO MONTHS after we had requested a cancellation. Meaning, I had to pay for about a month's worth of services that I never used and should have been canceled.

The man on the phone this time, told me to call back the next billing cycle if I don't see any adjustments. Joke's on me because I made that fifth phone call after I didn't see a new bill at the next billing cycle and no adjustments were made and they told me I have to wait ANOTHER MONTH to CALL BACK AGAIN and that's when I should see the adjustments. This entire ordeal has been extremely frustrating and stressful, especially because this all could have been avoided if the first representative had done her job correctly. Now it just seems like Bell is giving me the runaround and just doesn't want to return my money. I'm really hoping my SIXTH phone call doesn't resulted in an escalation or a seventh phone call.

I have been a BELL home internet customer for years now and when I moved from my old house the technician I called to place an order for move, offered me a service for Fibe Alt TV as an add on to my internet service for a price less than what I was already paying and that offer is never ending. And also she offered TMN for 2 months for free and she also said that after two months I can discontinue the TMN programming if I don't need it.

I had my internet service installed and I tried to access the TMN on my laptop and it was saying that I dont have access. I called them back again to inquire about this and all I hear from everyone is that I do not have any access to this programming. I waited patiently while the customer service representative spoke to many people about this and the other department people didn't even bother to speak to me directly. He was repeatedly saying that I do not have this service. I didn't want to embarrass myself anymore by staying in line with them anymore.

What did I do to embarrass myself by calling them. Simple. I just had to add a new service with BELL by trusting the words of a Bell technician. Please have an email sent to you with all the details of the order before you disconnect a call with the technician who offered you the service. There is no guarantee that you will have the service offered if there is no such detail in the email. BELL technicians are RUDE and UNRELIABLE. Be careful with what they offer and what they promise. Hope this helps.

I had 3 whole home packages and cell phone service with Bell. (All in for tenants.) When I terminated one of the accounts I was provided with a final bill. This was paid immediately. Months pass, 6 to be exact and a collection agency contacts me to tell me I have a $21.** debt with Bell and how would I be paying? WHAT? Seriously though, what? They put me into collections when I'd still 3 open accounts. This after years of service with them spending $6,000 - $8,000 per year. Needless to say I'm now with their competitor (all accounts) and have noticed considerably fewer issues regarding service. i.e. No consistent service interruptions, fewer internet lags, no phone static, etc... I'm also saving 10 - 15% over their billing for the exact same service. If Bell were the last providers on earth, I'd use the telegraph or smoke signals. Booo Bell.

On June 21st 2017, 10.30 am EDT, I called up and booked the internet connection, the lady over the phone promised me $64.99 per month for Fibe 50. I double checked if there is any other hidden charges. She said "NO". But when I got the 1st bill I was shocked with a total bill of $191.98. When I called up the details are monthly charges 89.99, Activation fees = 49.95, Back up battery charges = 30 etc. I called up talked to customer service but they are helpless. Finally transferred to the manager, she apologized but says, "Even if you cancel will have to pay the 1st bill." What a rip off. I challenge her "you can check the phone call on said date and time" and of course they must have the name of the staff but am sure it's their dirty game. At last she came up with a solution. "If you agree for 3 year contract we'll reduce the monthly charges to $64.99." I took the deal BUT WAS TOTALLY DISSATISFIED BY THEIR SERVICE. I FELT AM BEING CHEATED BY BELL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

I recently signed up for 3 Bell services: home phone (Waaa yes, a landline!), internet 50 Mbps package and Alt TV. The installation proceeded smoothly thanks to a very competent Bell technician. The problem began 24 hours after installation. There was no way to figure out how to use the new app Alt TV. I called customer service and after several transfers to the Philippines, I requested a Canadian-based French representative. Finally, after a 28 minute wait, I was connected to a French speaking tech. He was totally clueless and after a couple of minutes, the prick hung up on me! As it turns out, I will only be able to access Alt TV after I receive my first invoice. That blows the first month of free service. The next phase will be interesting when I will demand my free month of Alt TV. Good luck one and all.

My wife recently switched from a Telus cell phone service to Bell, expecting better service and customer satisfaction. This transaction was completed in Abbotsford, BC in Sevenoaks Mall. My wife purchased a plan to cover herself and our grand-daughter which included two new cell phones. There were initial hiccups which involved visiting the store to get set-up assistance. The first bill arrived and there was an entry for $197.92 itemized as "includes charges for services charged on June 18th" which was the date of the date of the purchases. I reviewed the original receipt my wife received on June 18th and found NO mention of the $197.92 claimed on the July 6th invoice. My wife and I attended the store to question the unexpected charges and noted that the printouts of the store documents showed that unknown initials were placed on two spots where my wife was supposed to have initialed.

Received a copy of one of the two documents we say and stated we would be pursuing this matter further. Later my wife along with a friend who is an ex Bell manager spent over an hour with five (5) different Bell employees before they received an explanation and $121.28 reduction in the amount owed. They spoke with: 1. Van ** who transferred her inquiry to a supervisor who was going to call the store. Did not receive a call back. 2. Next spoke with Erin **. Explained concerns and was put through to Fraud section. 3. Spoke with Francine ** - was put on hold then disconnected. 4. Called again and spoke with Erick ** and explained (again) the problem. Was asked who assisted - notes say Blind. Explained to wife that no-one was blind now and was put on hold again. Finally spoke with Jelena ** who listened, checked the files and reduced the amount owing by $121.28.

Without the assistance of our friend we know that we would have received no satisfaction. Our friend stated that she had left her position with Bell due to the level of service and misleading information the customers receive. To date we have not received any call back regarding the forgery of my wife's initials on the paperwork. A very disappointing experience, but apparently this is industry standard as no one Telco appear to have a good reputation when it comes to ethical treatment of customers - it's all about $$$$.

My first contract was signed back with Bell in 2010 where I signed up two "Small Business" lines. I had a good plan, and their phone plans were never an issue for me until today. Problems with Bill: Back in February of 2017, I added 3 more lines to my current Bell account via Wireless ETC at Costco, and was promised by the salesman that I will get a total of $1200 Bill Credit. I called Bell that same week of signing up the contract to make sure that they also have the total amount of bill credit in their system and they confirmed. 4 Months later, I have only received $680. They are now saying that this is the maximum they will be giving as we are in a $45/month plan in our additional lines. I still have texts from the salesperson regarding the $1200 bill credits but nobody is ready to help. I am considering on reporting to CPRST.

The product (internet and Fiber TV) is good. The problem is customer service. 3 times I called I was connected to someone in the Philippines. The first lady I talked to raised her voice and hung up on me, second time I called in I was on hold for over 45 min. Third time I called in they never even verified my information. Bring back Canadian employees!!

They don't do what they told you over the phone. Lots of arguments and surprise when you see your first bill. Charged me $41 for home phone service (local calls only) when I was told $14. Charged me basic channels for $40+/month when it should be $20+. Really frustrating that I have to keep calling their billing department to argue. It's almost you have to ask them provide the recording to approve the contract. They also raise up the price frequently once you sign the "contract", the contract just means you can't break it.

This is the worst company I have ever been working. Got my new phone 6 month ago and since that time I had to call them every month regarding their technical issues with data usage and wrong bills. Pay them over 160$ every month for nothing. Will never recommend this company!!! The worst mobile service provider in Canada!

The service is really poor and very frustrating. I have been a customer for so many years and this morning I called them and advised that I need to have a TSN channel added to my package. I thought it was easy BUT apparently it was not, I want to watch the Wimbledon Finals. At first the person from Bell told me that It will not take too long and offered me a better package. He says that the theme package will be changed from 2-24 hours, so I said YES and thought to myself that the changes would be in effect in few hours because in the past when I asked for additional channels it happened right away.

To make the story short, I got the e-mail from Bell and stating that my changes on my theme package will be activated within 48 hours. I was upset and called them right away, so mad and very frustrated. They cannot do anything about it and so I just hang up and for sure, I will change my service to ROGERS!!! Bell is so expensive anyway and ripping off LOTS of customers...

On 31/8/2015, I purchased my iPhone 6 from Bell store at Conestoga mall. I choose the extra warranty option from Bell offered by MiMobileWireless.com. The warranty cost me $14.68 a month (including taxes) charged monthly to my credit card. Due to a change in my credit card number, the charge stopped in November 2016.

In February 27th 2017, I went into Bell Conestoga to request a repair under warranty for a cracked screen of my phone. Bell staff told that I had to pay for the 3 months of lapsed warranty payment to be eligible for repair or replacement of my phone under the warranty plan. On March 7th, I went back to collect my phone and was charged $45.19 for the lapsed months of warranty payment. Further, I was charged $282.50 as a deductible (including taxes) and was told that I was getting a brand new iPhone 6 from Apple. Further, I was told that since the phone was brand new, I had a one year mechanical warranty from Apple and as such I did not have to renew my warranty plan with Bell until March 2018.

In June 2017 the phone's screen stopped working. I went back to Bell Conestoga. The Bell staff sent me to Apple to claim my mechanical warranty. To my surprise, the Apple employee informed me that my iPhone was not brand new at all, that I had no warranty, and that my screen had been replaced with a screen not from Apple. Apple further told me that they would have replaced the screen for $169.

I went back to Bell and informed the staff what Apple had told me. At that point, Bell staff changed their story completely and told me the following: that Bell never replaces phones under the warranty plan, that the phone I had was my old phone from August 2015, that they had just replaced my screen from a third party company, that the $282.50 was a deductible for the repair and not the replacement, and that I was not charged $45.19 for the lapsed warranty payments. The complete episode was one of Bell staff being insincere and dishonest to me for reasons known only to them.

I have the following questions for Bell: How can a deductible for a defect that costs only $169 to repair at Apple, using original parts, be $282.50 ($248 without tax) at Bell. How can the deductible be 147% of the repair cost? Is this not fraud? Why Bell staff misled me that I had received a brand new phone when in fact it was just a repaired phone. Why did Bell replace the screen with a non-genuine part while charging me the big sum? By doing so, Bell made my phone worthless and not accepted by Apple for further repairs.What was the $45.19 charge for? Bell staff denied that it was for the lapsed warranty payments but also could not tell me what the charge was for.

The manager at Bell Conestoga was rude, totally unprofessional, and was in total denial of what had happened despite all the facts. I called Bell Support and spoke to three different people there. They told me that they could not do anything about my issue and that I had to resolve the matter with Bell store at Conestoga. Does Bell Canada believe that they can make money by cheating customers?

BELL CANADA RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS. My wife and I switched from a cable company to Bell with the understanding that they were a 'better deal'. Right from the start, it was worse than anything we have ever had. They supposedly had the new 'fiber' in our building so we arranged to have our service upgraded a couple of days later. When the installer came, the modem he brought did not work so he went down to get another one. That one did not work either! He never did get it to work properly but he left anyway. Then we decided to cancel entirely due to the hassles. We were told there would be no charge since we had this so called service for such a short time and we had also had so many problems. We phoned and cancelled as instructed by the people in the local office. A few days later, we got the Purolator package from Bell in which to return the modem which we returned.

We tracked it to make sure they got it and it was picked up by someone named Bob at Bell Canada. Then the next thing we know, BELL charged us over $163.00+ for non-existent service. Then a few days ago, they charged another $183.00+ again for non-existent service. We finally called our credit company to have those charges reversed and we were told by the bank that they can not do that for credit cards??? We were advised to contact CCTS to lay a complaint against BELL and we did so. Just a few minutes ago, some idiot from BELL called and said that BELL had not charged us anything at all. I told him that I knew for a fact that they had because it was on my wife's credit card already. He tried to tell me that it must have been for some other service which is impossible since we did not deal with BELL before this incident!

After listening to this wanna be supervisor (another name for someone working in the call centre who has no clue as to how to do his job), I told him that I was not going to go over something that had already been explained a million times to other call centre workers who had no idea what they were doing. He kept babbling on and I hung up on him. If there was a negative rating available to rate BELL, I would give them a whopping minus 10 million! That company is a rip off from day one and they continually try to rip off their customers! They have tried to trick me into going back with them by offering me "so-called deals" that only that particular person is allowed to offer which sounded ridiculous at the time and it still does. They would have to give me 10 years of absolutely free service with the fastest internet speed they have before I would even consider going back to BELL.

When starting TV guide constant movie add banner pops up at bottom of the guide. Annoying and constantly have to remit guide button to eliminate it. If I want a movie rental I will check the movie on the guide, don't want constant advertisement for it! Bell has effectively eliminated saving any money by pick and pay packages due to astronomical cost for single channels. If you buy starter pack which they don't like to admit they have, adding on chosen channels ends up being more expensive than the package we already have even though we have no use for some of the channels included in the package, which we had no choice about receiving.

Phone ran out of storage, balance left on the phone was $450. I was OK with that. Upgraded the phone. Everything is great. I get a bill $1000. They said I have not paid my bills when I haven't received one for a month. Told me everything is good and correct, "even though it wasn't". They would not adjust the price and told them that my upgrade fee was only $450 but no adjustments. So ended up cancelling service, didn't ask why or help out. Customer service is horrible, expensive, they steal money from people, horrible at making bills and confusing. I know so many people that had them and cancelled and never paid them. NEVER go with this company. Go with Telus for sure. Make sure to have a good credit because they are hard with credit checks.

I got my second Bell phone. I was told data would be transferred into the new phone. I have lost important legal info. It wasn't. I decided well within the number of allowable days to return it I decided I would. Told the clerk I wanted to return it. He ignored me totally and overtalked me then just basically stared at me. He took my bill. Yes days are fine to return. He refused to exchange the phone. I told him he wasn't interested in customer service and is ignoring my request. Again he just kept talking about the phone. I packed up my stuff and walked out. He also asked why I was getting rid of my old phone. Well it's 2 yrs old, it's slow, and the phone gets hot. I am so mad I threw the new phone in the garbage.

Cable and internet services were suspended on June 5 because I had an outstanding balance on the account. I then call to cancel the services and they informed me that due to the outstanding balance it was already suspended. I took that to mean that all the services were cancelled and since my new billing cycle (June 8 -July 7) had not started I just had to pay the outstanding balance. I told the agent that I will be making complete payment towards my bill by the end of the month which she said ok to. A week after that Bell Canada bill me for the June 8-July 7 cycle when my services were suspended two days before the new bill cycle started.

So I called to find out why this was happening and was told that I will be continually charge over $200 dollars a month until I cleared up my balance at which they will allow me to cancel my services. I asked the agent how can I pay off the balance if Bell Canada keeps adding 200 to my balance every month. She said if I did not pay it they will send me to the credit bureau for their money. I want to find out if Bell Canada are allowed to charge customers for services not rendered just because they have outstanding balance on their accounts.

Cancelled my bundle service... very, very painful, must have talked to 5 or 6 different people, got disconnected... sent to the wrong dept. Every time I talked to someone in the Loyalty dept. it was someone new, and had to start all over again. Amazing Bell offered me a better pricing. They didn't offer that before when I was paying top dollar. Never did get a bill with the right pricing that they quoted!!! No reply to that. In the end. NO satisfaction. Good Riddance!!

My 3 year contract with Bell started on Sept. 2012 and ended in 2015. I can't find a better plan so I bought new phones and continued my plan. It has 6G data free long distance with $75/month. Last week a phone call from Bell changed everything. This customer service guy told me I get to keep my plan and if I agree to sign a new 2 year contract with them my monthly bill will be lower by $10 and I will receive a new Galaxy A5 as well. It sounds too good to be true. I double confirmed if I will keep my existing plan if I sign this contract and was assured. I was not interested in the phone anyway because I am using iPhone 6. A5 would be a downgrade. But I'd like my monthly bill to be lower.

A few days later I received the phone and activated it. I called Bell to confirm with my plan again and was told I have a new plan with 4G data, and cost is $100. I was very upset and asked to go back to my old plan and I will return the phone. The answer was no, once the old plan was deactivated it is gone, and there is no way to get it back. This is purely **. I complained to a supervisor and was got the same answer. I also asked them to listen to the conversation about tricking me into this contract which changed my plan. I couldn't believe this is how I was cheated to end my plan I have been with for 5 years. I ended my contract and switched to another service provider and I swear I will never use Bell again!!!

We got our most recent bill from Bell and had numerous extra charges for Pay-Per-View on it (something we've never had or ordered before). Some of them were for movies we never ordered, and the largest charge was for MLB (a baseball channel) for $49.75... the first of 4 installments. This, apparently can't be canceled or refunded. I was told that I'd have to cancel with MLB and Bell would then see what they could do about the charges already on the bill. I contacted MLB and they have no record of my subscription (likely something Bell already knew) and I have emails from MLB to prove this. I looked online and other people have had similar false charges.

I hate it when a large corporation has their own set of penalties for mistakes but never do anything for their own mistakes. This is clearly something I didn't order. (We've had a few years of history demonstrating we never order extra channels.) They said at first (on a call with an operator named Darcey) they could reverse the charges, but on a later call said they couldn't. We were told at one time (last night) that the charges were removed and a confirmation email was sent; the email was sent but the charges were not removed. What a runaround! If there was a negative star rating I would be hammering that rating until my mouse wore through the desk. Not sure if that gets across the idea of frustration and dissatisfaction I have with Bell.

I have Bell Internet service 25 download and 5 upload speed. And 400 gig data. I never went over my data, usually I had plenty to spare each month. This month of June I find myself over the limit. I called to see what unlimited would cost me. The response was an extra $15 plus tax. I decided to shop around and I found CIK Telecom who had double the speed plus unlimited data at a lower rate. So I said I will switch. I called Bell to cancel and I was transferred to customer loyalty department. The woman on the phone tried to encourage me to stay with Bell. She told me I could have the same option with Bell at this new speed and unlimited data for $54.95

I mentioned to her to email me this offer. She agreed. I called back since it made more sense to stay and avoid service interruption. I called back Bell and they refused to acknowledge the offer. I told them to check the call I made and they refused. I do not expect this kind of deceitfulness from a major company like Bell Canada. I would shop around.

Big mistake changing to Bell! Setting up the phone was easy the rest has been awful. I have had three billings by Bell. One was paid on Visa the next two were paid through my bank. When accounts receivable from Bell called to tell me I hadn't paid I couldn't hardly understand what she was saying. Needless to say English is not her 1st language and she either doesn't understand English or doesn't listen. I checked my bank statements to confirm both had been paid. So from what I understand Bell One has my $100. I don't have an account because I don't have Bell Residential and my Bell Cellular is due. Looks like Bell One can take my money but they don't know how to transfer it from one Bell to another.

On June 13, I bought an LG Flip-phone from Bell Mobility at a cost of $99.99. The next day I discovered exactly the same phone in The Source for $59.99, and in London Drugs it is $49.99. So Bell is charging $50 more than London Drugs, which is exactly double, and $40 more than The Source. This is the worst case of price gouging I've ever seen. Is it legal? I have contacted Bell, but they do not price match and they will not give me a refund because I do not have the box. There is no way to contact Bell by email, and their telephone agents appear unknowledgeable. I can't even find a street address for the company.

Switched to Bell Aliant for net and tv using FibreOP in Feb. 2017. Within 5 weeks several techs visited our home troubleshooting why TV and net were not working. They found defective modems, etc and replaced. After the 4-or 5th visit, the problems finally went away. My direct connection to modem M3000, using my pc got dial up slow but would show signs of fastness on minimal occasions.

Finally I booked their tech guy to evaluate. Did not show up on Thursday June 14th 2017. I called back and they reschedule for the next day, 1-5 pm. Tech called at 3:50 advised he can't make it!!! This occurred in March as well. I went online to speak to a VP of Operations of someone that is an area supervisor or mgr. Hard to find. I finally got bounced back to CS and I asked for a mgr again. Going for compensation... $$$. They offered me $50 off my monthly bill. Courtesy? Respect? CS? Load of BS from all directions. Poor excuse for a company. Will the CRTC or BBB have an avenue for this troubled company?

It is unbelievable, and extremely unethical, for such a large company to have SO many accounting errors. It has become a known, terrible, reputation for Bell to overcharge their customers, as well as to "sneak in" or increase service fees without notifying their customers. This was the last straw; I canceled all of my Bell services, I would never go back, and I would never recommend this company to anyone. STAY CLEAR!! As an independent worker, I do not have extra time to dispute wrong charges five times per year with Bell. It is an unnecessary waste of time. This time, they tried to overcharge me $375, for a total bill of $500. I had cancelled my receiver in April 2017 and was told that I would receive a return kit with shipping label. It never happened and I received a bill today of two charges for the receiver (as a non-returned piece of equipment) for $99 and $199.

It ends up that they had never sent the return kit, but they definitely remembered that it wasn't returned and to charge $300 for it. As well, they have been charging me for the usage of this extra receiver monthly since it was canceled on April 18th --> I disputed these charges to be reversed as well. They charged me an extra month of the home phone service that I had cancelled back in April as well. The taxes charged on this amount was $75 and, voila, and extra $375 of wrong charges that Bell expected me to pay. This is not the first time it happened, and I am sure that you have heard of individuals in the same situation, as Bell is known for their inaccuracy to uphold their accounting and billing information.

I have a complaint against Bell Canada. A Bell Canada representative came to my house around some time in August 2016 to get my permission to put in fibre cables at my place. He assured me, after putting the cable in, that they would fix any and all damages. They completed their job in October but they did not fix my property properly. They put grass on the front yard, but after few days there were big holes. They did not fix my interlock properly and now when its rains the water pools close next to my property. I called Bell Canada on November 3rd 2016 and they promised that they would fix the problem, but they did not.

I called them later on and they gave me the excuse of bad weather and that they would fix it as soon as it was clear. In May 2017 when I called them, they said the job would be done by the end of the month and on a later call (May 24) they said that they would not fix the damaged interlock part. Then on June 1st, I talked to their supervisor and she said that she would get the job done, but when I called on June 9th, one of Bell reps, named Aruna, told me once again that my interlock was not going to be repaired. I called the Ontario Consumer Services and talked to Mr. **, badge no. ** and it is at his advice that I am writing this letter to file my complaint.

The company has no morals and only cares about profit. After being a loyal customer ever since we moved to Canada, we had nothing but problems with the customer service department at Bell. Today, is the last day we will endure any of their mistreatment. Over a month ago, we received a flyer about upgrading our internet speed from current (25 Mbps) to 300 Mbps at NO COST as an appreciation for being loyal customers. The flyer indicated that we do not have to do anything on our part. So a month went by, and our internet is still at 25 mbps, which chips in and out every 5 mins around 3-4 am. I called them and asked, "So what's up? Where's our upgrade?" According to the rep, it hasn't been initiated. Well, why not? The flyer clearly states that it will be done automatically.

Keep in mind that this promotion ends by the end of the year so they are clearly milking more time in order not to upgrade us. After a 20 mins wait on the phone so the rep can speak to two managers, it somehow switched to a different rep, without no warning and incomprehensible English. After asking a million times if it has been initiated, he finally responded yes, but of course, the conversation does not end there as a Bell call is not a Bell call without a few upselling techniques. A week has gone by, I call Bell again. The internet is still not 300 Mbps as promised.

The rep I got was very sarcastic in tone and kept talking over me. A few times, I would talk and there would be long silences on his end. I would say, "Hello?" and receive no response. The second time, I'd ask, "Are you there?" He would reply clearly very annoyed. He told me that the order has been made, I asked him, "How long does it take to process." He told me I'll know when it's done. I let out a laugh of disbelief and he continued to tell me that some people have already gotten it. This information does not help me very much. I did the speed test without connecting it to the modem and he told me I had no proof. And continued to ask me if the speed was coming from the air. Very rude. Either way, if I get this upgraded speed or not, I will be switching providers.

I live 30 minutes from downtown Halifax. I have no home phone because I can't afford it, and I live alone, so I don't need another phone - except that my cell phone has no signal at my house. I have contacted Bell numerous times about this. The last time they had a technician contact me and tell me that I live between the two towers in this area, which means that the signal will be lower at my house due to propagation and signal strength loss. I understand this, but it tells me that the towers are too far apart. If the signal isn't strong enough at my house, then there's obviously a problem, and somebody didn't do the math right.

The only "solution" they offered was that I should spend $500 on a booster. WHY SHOULD I SHELL OUT $500 THAT I CANNOT AFFORD TO SOLVE BELL'S PROBLEM?! This is false advertising. Their coverage map and all their advertising state that I should have great coverage - especially living only 30 minutes from the capital of Nova Scotia, and in a well-populated area that is definitely shown on the coverage map as "full strength". To say that I am disgusted with Bell Canada would be a massive understatement. If I could give them MINUS FIVE stars, I would.

I'm a Bell Canada customer since 2012. In 2015 I went for a 3 month out from Canada, informed them I'll be away and got a confirmation. During the time I was away Bell had to charge me a small monthly fee since nobody was using their services. In the billing date of the first month I was away I was charged for full service for 3 month in 1 monstrous payment. I was totally in shock. I was in Asia at this time so I called the customer service to adjust the error they just made since they took all the money I planned to use for living in Asia.

The customer service girl was very nice on the phone, checked my file and told me it marked I'll be away between the mentioned dates and promised the money will be credit back to my account. I was checking the balance daily but nothing was deposited. Finally next month on billing date I got a credit, but not all of the mess they did. It was only for 1 month. I had to wait 3 month for them to credit all the amount they took off in 1 payment. In 2 month I go for my next vacation and wonder if this time they will play on me same dirty trick.

Compare Home Phone Service