1.0/5 (70 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

BEWARE OF BELL CANADA: We are located in Thorold in the Confederation Heights area. We recently switched over to BELL Canada internet with the promise of excellent customer service and their Fibe 100 internet package. When the tech came to install, he said the underground cable was damaged and could only give us half the speed by temporarily connecting us to our neighbour's cable. This was temporary until November 16th when someone was supposed to come and fix the issue. Came home on the 16th to our lawn and landscaping spray painted and filled with little flags to mark the utilities but the internet cable still dangling between our house and the neighbours.

I called Bell a couple of days and after being passed around departments and dealing with incompetent employees I am told that BELL won't send anyone out to fix the cable because they stop doing cable work on November 1st and we've been pushed until May 2023. Nobody could explain why we were told it'd be fixed the 16th or why they would send out the city to mark up our lawn if no work was going to be done until May 2023. I spoke to countless clueless managers, NONE of which followed up with me as promised. This went on for days as I was calling to follow up and not getting the same managers so the whole process would start from the beginning again with promises of a follow up and calls that never came.

Then on the 24th of November I wake up to a contracted telecommunications company working on fixing our cable. They said they do this work year round and BELL is lying saying they don't send them out past November 1st. They fix the cable, I call BELL to upgrade our speed and the first sales rep tells me that the Fibe 100 package is not available in my area!! The second sales rep tells me they can't do it due to the cable being damaged. I had to practically scream at her to get her to understand that the cable has been fixed. She couldn't comprehend this information. I asked for a manager and she refuses saying that they'll tell me the same thing.

I finally get a manager and ask him how's its possible that when I look up all my neighbours addresses on their website, Fibe 100 is available to everyone but me. He finally gives me some excuse that too many people have fast internet in my area so they can't switch me. I then get transferred to a case manager who said he'll look into things for me and get back to me. I'm not feeling particularly confident that I'll actually get a call back. I did file a complaint through the government to a telecommunications watchdog agency. Oh and yes BELL did have the nerve to send me a bill for the Fibe 100 internet package and it took two calls to get it sorted. Long story short, stay far away from BELL CANADA.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Stay away from Bell Canada. So if I could do half a star I would. I swore I wasn't going to join Bell again but the offer was worth the try. Boy was I wrong. I joined them again on Sunday after 6 Bell free years. It starts with the internet. They brag about having the best internet around. That's if they have agents or representatives that actually know what they are doing. I had a guy here for 5 and half hours. He did not have enough experience to complete the job. Now I am still waiting for the internet to be installed to my house.

I never get an agent on the phone from Canada where I am from. I get agents from the Philippines, and India, and most have broken English. I find it ridiculous that Bell a Canadian company can take advantage of other country's work laws and cheaper minimum wages. Yet want to over charge their customers while offering bare minimal service and education to their employees. They are crap and if anyone has idea of going with Bell DON'T. BELL (MOBILITY, INTERNET, AND TV) SUCKS. STAY AWAY.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

We have been Bell Mobility clients for just over a year and we have found them to be very unethical. When our 2-year contract is over, we will sign on with an alternate provider. Last year, while in the US, we added the monthly travel plan; they sent us a text confirming that it was in place, but about halfway through the month, we started receiving warnings that we were roaming.

When I called to check, they denied that we ever requested the roaming package and were charging us for all usage. To avoid this problem, we requested a change to our contract to include US usage to begin on November 4th when we came to the US. However, we've now received our bill for October and they included the US plan costs. When I called to complain of the overcharge, the agent said that there is nothing she can do, we have to pay the charges for the month previous because that's how their billing system works. It is unbelievable that they get away with their unethical practices and as consumers we are simply helpless!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Bell gives you a 30-day "buyers remorse" opt-out when you get a phone from them on contract. So if you become dissatisfied with your phone or notice it has issues after the fact, you are screwed. When I got my phone, I was busy finishing a renovation at the time, so it was past the 30 days before I could really play with the phone and test it out. I noticed rather quickly that there was issues, but being a tech-savvy person, I tried to research the problems myself. No solutions.

So I went from a 5-year-old Samsung note 9 to a brand new pixel 6. apps I used for hours (infinity if I plugged it in) on the note9 wouldn't last an hour before shutting down. Also, some apps won't allow me to view them full screen when turned sideways, or enlarged through app options. So I have been very unhappy with the pixel 6.

After calling Bell about my problems (about 2 months after getting phone) I am told that "buyer's remorse" was my only option and I missed it. I asked if there was an upgrade option, whereas I pay a penalty, and get a pricier contract for a more expensive, better phone. I was told the only way to upgrade, was to buy out the phone entirely from my contract (about 750$) and then cash it in on a new phone (for about a 200$ credit [I wish I was joking but I am not]).

I then gave up, but decided to pursue the RMA option as Reddit forums seemed to suggest that the phone might be a dud. Bell service told me that I would be able to take it to my nearest Bell store, have all my info transferred to a temp phone, and Bell would return it/exchange it for a working phone. I went to my nearest Bell store and they looked at me there like I was an alien. I went to the next Bell store and after having to insist, since they were refusing me outright on the sales floor, I was hooked up with a tech (only after making a stink), and was told I could only get a cheap, crappy old loaner phone, that didn't have the capacity to transfer all my data over to it.

And of course, all their customer service is English as a second language, ** people who read from a flow chart and can do NOTHING to help you out with any intelligent, holistic solutions. So I essentially was left with no option, and I am now still in limbo. TLDR: Bell will offer ZERO help if you have an issue with the products they sell you. Zero accountability.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I received an offer from Bell Mobility by email (Since I was a previous customer) 55$/month and I called customer service to claim this offer. The CS agent took all my information and told me they accept to use my current mobile number and have it transferred to Bell service so I won't lose my number. She took all the information related to my current mobile provider and my account, then she completed the purchase and sent me the new account and told me to call NCS department with Bell to transfer my number to Bell and activate the SIM card. I called NCS dep't and they surprised me by saying that my current number is from Ontario not Alberta so I either have to lose my current number or take a plan that costs 85$/month!!! Seriously I was cornered either to pay almost double or lose my number that I use with all my clients.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

If the agent in the Bell store that received my equipment knew enough to warn me to save my return receipt because I might get charged for the equipment in future, you can bet Bell management and corporate are aware of this known "glitch". I was charged in fact, and had to spend a lot of time on the phone with a rude agent to get it reversed. If corporate is not aware of the problem, whereby equipment returns don't link to the billing department, they're incompetent. If they are aware and have failed to correct it, that is wilful negligence. This is a basic process of business operations, get it together BELL.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

BELL Canada service is the most ridiculously horrible service I've dealt with in a long time. For one month, I was given the run around, numerous phone calls, techs at my place because no one knew what they were doing. They gave me the wrong outdated equipment, wrong home phone number, lied about Internet services. I canceled ALL my services recently. Had enough of the **. And after reading these reviews here, I am not surprised. Glad I cancelled after reading some reviews that state Bell just ups the price from month to month to whatever outragreous price for services, they like. Also, if anyone is getting new services, Bell does credit check with knocks minimum of 20 points off your score!? Bye Bell.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I would like to know why most things on tv are reruns, what I’m I paying for, same cooking show, same building and renovation show etc. Can’t you change it up a little and why do we have Christmas show in September, after November 11 would be early enough. A&E the first 48 are showing cold cases from 2011. Now come on. Let’s get some new shows on tv and stop ripping consumers off, prices keep going up and nothing new to offer. I would cancel but we like sports, can I get sports channels without Bell. Very disappointed. I’m been a customer for over 48 years. Please do something for your customers. Show you care about us and not just about the money.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Bell sucks. How about you guys get ahold of me. I'm done wasting my time trying to get final bill cleared up. No one understands anything. Ask to cancel 3 times in 4 months. Very bad service. App seems to leave me. Giving up.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

It is become clear to me that Bell Canada doesn't care about its customers anymore. Years ago, the Customer Loyalty Dept would go many extra miles to satisfy the customer and find a mutual agreeable solution to the customer's issues. Today, they talk from scripts and don't go out a single iota from the list with plans. I am certain that this was a problem waiting to aggravate, since all the communication companies in Canada are allowed to have backdoor agreements. All have the same plans, the same prices, the same offers, and the same behavior. But, since I am Bell's customer I complain about Bell and - after 20 years of being their customer - I can give them a single star review (there is no zero star) and I promise to go the extra mile for finding another provider for my voice and data needs.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

Bell Canada Company Information