Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Wow, I absolutely love Bell! I recently signed up. They have been a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Especially a care specialist named Kian! I got a great package for internet and tv services. The technician who set it up was great. So far, from top to bottom, the service has been top-notch, the price great, and the quality very high. I strongly recommend Bell! I had a bad experience with my previous internet provider, but if things continue smoothly with Bell, they can expect me as a loyal customer for a long time. Go Bell!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Switched to new Fibre installation on the street. Very satisfied. Not cheap but almost competitive. The TV has minor irritations such as insisting that you select Fiber after starting - this should be configurable as the automatic default - minor issue. Further refinements to the user experience are desirable.

Get buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This internet quality from this company is superior. My internet is fast and reliable. When I need service they respond immediately to my concerns. As a senior who has limitations to getting out. I use the internet to stay in touch with loved ones and do my online shopping.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

If you don't have time to monitor your bills each month, and call BELL for at least 1 hour each time to make sure you're paying what you're committed to. Forget it they are going to steal you at the end of $ 5 and $ 20 without you realizing it. Do not trust their system and especially the salesperson in the store who hides a lot of things from you on the so-called 2-year discounts. They don't tell you that an $ 8 expires in a year, or that a $ 15 expires in three months. He sings to you you pay that for 2 years. This is very wrong.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Ever since I moved to Canada last July 2020, I have been using Bell prepaid connection with auto top up feature. Since last couple of weeks I'm facing serious trouble with the cellular data connectivity and the manner in which the customer service agent look at the issue is pathetic. Each time when you connect with an agent, they will come up with a crap reason either by saying my data usage has exceeded or sometimes saying there is some issue with my phone and when I confront that my spare sim with data is working fine they changed their statement and told my sim card is damaged and upon advising I even went to one of the bell store in the mid of this lockdown and once that also didnt work when I contacted the customer service they came up with a new reason that is more ridiculous that my data usage is over and they can see I have consumed my entire data of 1 GB at 4.am of the subsequent day of my recharge day.

This is just impossible as I have been using my home wifi for the past several months as am working from home and my cellular data is always off unless I go out. I'm really frustrated after talking to the bell customer service and after failing to resolve this issue for more than 2 weeks I have decided to port my connection to some other reliable network. Customers BEWARE! Never rely on BELL PREPAID NETWORK.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

WARNING: BELL IS SKETCHY. Not something I thought was possible with such a big company but here we are. I joined Bell on Dec 14th 2020 because my contract with my previous provider was up and Bell had the most appealing deal advertised. I thought, "Cool," went in and thought I'd be out of there in 30-40 mins with new phones. Wroooong. It took me over 3 hours to leave the store because they had an issue adding a promo (the whole reason I went with Bell). I would have left but at this point my numbers have been ported over so I had no choice but wait. I was assured by the dealers that it will be handled on their end. Of course knowing better and having trust issues understandably I followed up within the time I was allowed to bring the phones back. The manager at the dealership assured me that the issue has been resolved and I would see the promo credit on my next bill. Wroooooong. Got my bill and still no change.

The customer service including loyalty will not do a thing because I didn't renew online. The dealer keeps dodging me and telling me the manager is either away or has a "family emergency' and there's nothing they can do on their end. At this point I will be taking the phones to another provider for a BYOD plan and as for Bell they will be getting $0 from me instead of the close to $200 a month and I'd happily go to court to dispute this scam that they are trying to get away with and shine a light on their sleazy business anytime. I guess it's on me for not going on here and looking at reviews before joining them. There's a reason they are at the bottom of the list for service. All the one star reviews have valid reasons and all the 5 star reviews are clearly paid for or their employees/family members trying to fluff them up.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I've decide to switch my internet and mobile with the same telecom company when I moved into my new place. Bell internet no problem. Bell mobile.. June 18th 2020 1) the 1st agent, after over 40 min and after I agreed to his offer he finally told me that the promotion that he offered me was not available anymore... I agreed to the next best offer. He was suppose to transfer my number from my old career before 3 days. He changed my phone number so he did not made the transfer.

4th called later, speaking to a different agent all the time I asked the last agent (June 22th 2020) if it was not too late to cancel everything, he said no and told me that everything was cancel. On June 23th I received and email that was confirming the shipping of the ship and the tablet. I received everything on the 25th, went to Covid quarantine. Return the box that I never open. I tracked the package that they received on July 27th 8pm. From August to December every week they charged me for something that they have. I spoken to many agent... it was just terrible, unprofessional.

Since November 2020 I filled a complaint with CPRST. The agent from Bell that called me back was saying that they never received my tracking number, even if CPRST gave it again on November 13th 2020. On January 2021 I spoke with Bell internet (Fidelity services) The guy checked with my tracking number and they did received everything on the 27th... Now they are going into 2nd phase, meaning that they are charging for not returning the tablet within 15 days post receiving the packages in June 25th 2020. Even if I had cancel everything on the 22nd of June 2020. The billing was over 300$ for something they were not suppose to send ... unbelievable.

Stay away from Bell... the 1 stars reviews are for real... So I subscribe, I canceled, they send the package anyway, I returned it, they said I did not returned it, they never confirm that they had received the package, they wanted to charged me with it... Now they want to charged me delayed fees... Nothing to understand just terrible.... Stay away.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Bad company. Do not use. They changed my plan without my knowledge and overcharged me. When I called the rude customer service they have they said I changed my plan and everything is recorded. I ask for the recording. They said they can not let me hear it company policy. Everyone make a policy of his own. I offered to pay my bill that I agreed on when I signed up. They refused and send me to collection. Never use Bell. This company the service is sucks. I will never use them again no matter what.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Beware of pricing quotes. A Bell tech was outside my home and asked why I didn't have the fibre cable hooked up and that it was so much better and not much more money. I was paying $134 per month for tv internet and (home phone) that I didn't use but had to keep to get price discount. I called and asked what it would cost to get the Fibre optic cable that was at my home installed. I chose a plan and was quoted an additional $10.00 per month. Seemed reasonable so I went ahead with install.

When I received my next bill it was $250.00. I was shocked and called them. I was told that because I changed my plan I lost my previous discounts. I asked if I could go back to my previous services and was told that it was no longer available to me. I said that if this was going to the price going forward I would look for another provider. He said that was it nothing he could do. It was a ongoing battle with Bell over the years having to call every few months threatening to cancel to keep pricing reasonable (very tiring). So I am canceling and moving on. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Bell customer for almost 20 years. They agreed to a $250 device upgrade in October 2020. We activated an upgraded device on Dec. 26th. Called prior to going to kiosk to confirm the $250 device upgrade credit was on our account. The rep told us we can activate the phone and then call Bell to have the credit applied. Called Bell after activation and told us the credit did not exist, then they told us it expired after 30 days. I had confirmed it the day we had the phone activated. The rep we dealt with hung up on us as she said she could do nothing. Bell has not be pleasant to deal with. They are extremely passive aggressive and tend to either pass you to different reps and leave you on hold forever OR they hang up on you (either overt hang up or "accidentally loose connection"). I DO NOT recommend Bell due to their poor customer service.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team