1.18/5
Based on 158 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bell Canada

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

500 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I canceled my account last month, paid them 180 to put the account in good standing so that I could unlock my cell phone. PLUS 47 dollars to clear the account up. Now they want 47 dollars again and they tell me this is the last 47 dollars. NO. OVER MY DEAD BODY. Bell Canada: "Hi Tim. We're sorry to learn about your concern. Please private message us with your account details for us to look into the bill you received. Thank you. - Mae." Tim **. The technician on the phone asked me what date I paid the 47. What, do I work in your accounting department now? Now I have to go to the bank and have my transaction documents printed out. This is beyond frustrating. It's financial abuse.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Every year I spend an average of 3-4 hours on the phone with this monopoly to maintain a somewhat reasonable price for the services it monopolizes in this country. Every single time, Bell employs unethical practices: up-selling, cancelling services without permission, changing the parameters of the services initially purchased, sending order summaries that do not reflect what was agreed upon, increases in costs every 4-6 months that are significantly higher than cost-of-living increases. This abuse must stop. There is no reason a company with such a widespread monopoly and income like this, needs to continuously gouge its clientele. Every year, we receive far less service for far greater costs. CRTC, stop allowing Bell its abusive monopoly in Canada.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

This may be two issues. I have been paying for Bell high-speed internet service and do not believe that it even exists for the St. Thomas, Ontario region. Every time we try to access Netflix it either does not connect or it freezes.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

They charged me 2 times this month. I called them that there is something wrong. It's a lot of money. They said, "No, you have to pay and today." After 2 weeks I saw 81$ in my account. They didn't say anything but it was what they stole the money and returned it back.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Bell offered me a promotional package for a 2 year fixed rate of $100 for my services which included landline, TV & internet. However, that deal was only good for the first few months and then my bill started to steadily increase, until it reached $160. I've repeatedly tried to correct this matter, but all my efforts have been unsuccessful. More recently, I stopped paying my bills, in order to sound the alarm at Bell & have someone call me, which they did, from collections. I explained to them what the situation is & they assured me that someone would speak with me, if I would only wait on line for a level 2 director, so I did, several times in fact.

Over a period of 1 month, I received numerous calls from collections & spent several hours overall waiting to speak to a director & every time my call was accidentally disconnected. How is it possible that all my calls were disconnected so easily by Canada's premier phone company with the most advanced technology??? Furthermore, 2 weeks ago without any notice, they disconnected all my services. Therefore, I've been waiting for a letter, because, now, that's the only mode of communication left between us - all I've received is silence. Furthermore, to reconnect my services, I'm obliged to not only pay my bill in full, but I will, also be charged an additional $50, when this matter is squarely Bell's fault. How appalling... Can't believe that as consumers we have zero protection from the corrupt business practices of big business!!! I've rated bell at 1-star, because that was lowest rating I could give.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Want to cancel the Fibe tv service and willing to pay for the penalty. Call the CS, I was being on hold for around 1 hr 30, spoke to 4 representatives. The first one told me I don't have to pay the penalty, second one said 400, third one said 425. Last rep said 450+80. The 80 is another installation fee because I have to downgrade my modem. I spent around 2 hr 30 mins to do my cancellation. Bell Canada good job!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Today Feb 10 I checked my bill to pay and I noticed there is a $2.13 late charges. I checked my previous payment which I paid two weeks earlier than due date. I spoke with customer services which told me will adjust the amount. Bell apologies and credit my account. I never got a letter or email from Bell Canada about this mistake happened, until I checked my bill online. I am wondering how many thousands of Bell customer got late charge and didn't notice it because of trust we had about Bell.

How many of old people wouldn't check their bill or do pre-authorized payment and wouldn't know about this late charge. Imagine 10 millions customer charged for $2.13, in total Bell made $21,300,000.00. Bell support let's talk but the money is supporting is fraud. Please everyone who has same issue as mine put a comment in this site and let everyone knows about it and do a class action about Bell Canada. I am looking for other internet provider to change it. I am sure many people has same issue. Please, please mention it here so everyone will know and find out how many thousands of Bell Canada has same issue. I have my bill as proof. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

While just about every service providers in the world gets better than ours, Bell and Rogers are the only providers responsible for this atrocity against humankind. Data is currently as expensive as food thanks to them. This monopoly has to stop, for the greater good of the Canadian people.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am continually astounded at the epic, galactic scale of the sheer hubris and jaw-dropping incompetence that permeates every stinking layer of this giant, rotting, carcass of a company. I have long since abandoned Bell permanently as a residential supplier of ANY service, and would cease all business and communication with Bell if I believed that they were able to process it both literally and figuratively. I have had it with being on hold for hours and passed along the India-Sri Lanka support chain like some offal being disposed of in a Kafkaesque nightmare version of the Bataan Death March.

I am finished with repeating simple statements of fact ad nauseam because there is no single person within the entire organization capable of recording basic details and retaining that information for even double-digit seconds, let alone overnight until I call yet again to repeat my story to some fresh troglodyte who starts from square one. Again. I’m in North America calling about a business line, stop asking me 6 times for my name and number. Collect my pertinent information ONCE and pass it along. How is it possible for a company unable to perform basic clerical tasks and fundamental customer service functions accumulate enough business to survive?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

After moving to a new province, my boyfriend and I signed up for Bell Aliant as we heard it has the best price in bundles for the maritimes. When setting up our account, the employee told us there was a $500 activation fee that would be completely reimbursed after a year of service. After signing up, Bell Aliant canceled on us three times for set up of the service. After finally setting things up we had numerous issues with our service for the first few weeks. After a year of service, Bell never gave our $500 activation fee back to us. After calling Bell they stated that the customer must pay 6 months in a row on time to be eligible for the $500 to go back into the account.

This was something that was never stated to us when signing up for the service. In which case, we would’ve paid the bills on time. After an hour of being transferred from department to department, Bell has refused to give us any sort of assistance with this bill. Bell does not support the customer or try to keep the customer within their company. They have done absolutely nothing even in terms of payment plans. And have now shut off our cable and internet services and refuse to turn them back on until the account is brought up to date. Bills have not been paid because we are waiting for our $500 in return. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Bell doesn’t even give their employees empowerment to keep their customers happy.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have never felt compelled to write a negative review about a company, but after ending my services with Bell, here I am. I became a Bell customer roughly two years ago, after a Bell salesperson knocked on my door inquiring new business. I signed up for a bundle including internet, cable, and home phone for roughly $110+tax monthly. This price was very reasonable and I was happy with it while it lasted the year. Stupidly I paid no attention to when the promo price ended, and I must mention that I was never informed by mail, phone or email that my price was about to jump up to over double what I was paying. I was in the habit of paying off my bill each month in the same amount ($110+taxes and fees) without bothering to check my bill, as most of the time I was unable to view my electronic bill because there typically seemed to be an error while trying to view or download it.

So a good six months or so after this promotion ended I happened to check my electronic bill and was shocked to see it was overdue by over $500!! I called customer service immediately and asked why the price was so high, and then realized it was because the promo had ended. Of course there was nothing they could do to lower the ridiculous balance on my bill. I had used these services for months without realizing how much money it was costing me, so now I was expected to pay it off. This was fine I guess, though I did not agree with it, I was willing to take responsibility for the fact that I owed them this money. So after speaking to the typically insincere customer service reps and being passed around from department to department I finally came to the conclusion to keep the internet and cable for roughly $150+ tax.

I expressed that I had zero need for a home phone and do not physically own one to even plug into the phone jack as our family solely uses cell phones through another provider. The rep kept trying to convince me to keep the damn home phone, and said it was only about $15 a month so I may as well keep it! I explained again I did not need it. So time passed and after about a month we decided that we felt the cable was unnecessary and expensive, as well didn't have a huge use for it, so I decided to call Bell again to discuss the cost of only keeping fiber op, as the internet is our priority and main source of entertainment. When I called them again to inquire I did yet again get passed around from person to person and repeated myself many times.

Don't get me wrong, there were a few people I spoke to whom were pleasant, however the majority of them clearly did not give a crap about what you as a person needed to get some resolution. They just want to end their call quickly, make an appearance that they helped you, and tell you something that you want to hear though it may not be accurate. Upon speaking to someone in the retention department I did discover that my home phone service was still in fact active and was not cancelled as I requested the month prior. So when all the stress was said and done, we reached a point where I decided to keep the most basic internet we could, which was a very low speed and unreliable connection. This ran us $95+tax!! The reps said this was the very best price they could offer us. So figuring I had no choice this is what I decided to do. Though it seems utterly ridiculous to charge such a high price so very basic internet.

Then my stress level for this company reached a new high when my internet was disconnected in January. I was given no notice whatsoever, though each time to call Bell they tend to end the call by asking to verify your phone number and email address and the best way to contact you! So my service was disconnected without notice even though the company had clear information as to why my bill was overdue, and they saw that I was paying off at least an extra $100 a month to get my balance down. When I called them they stated that my service would not be reconnected unless I was able to pay the full amount of my bill within less than a two week span. I explained I was unable to, and wanted to know if they would reconnect it if I agreed to pay $300 that day, which would have still left me owing them a couple hundred. They declined and said it was too late because the service was on temporary suspension.

I questioned if it was normal procedure to disconnect without giving the customer warning or notice, and I got ** answers. By this time I was so fed up I just told them to disconnect it completely that day and to provide with my final amount owing to them so I could pay it off as soon as possible. So that day I owed them $690. I paid $200 immediately, another $100 about a week later and told them I would pay off the rest as soon as possible. So a couple of weeks pass and I finally get something in the mail from Bell. A final bill for close to $600 saying that I had until February 6th to pay it off. Again, I called them to ask why it was still so high seeing as I just gave them $300 and my last quoted bill was only $690, it was though they lost $200 from my online banking payment.

They also apparently had a memo on my file saying that I agreed to pay the full amount by the 6th of February, which I had never agreed to, no was I told at any point that I had a date by which I needed to pay it. So again, this is a clear indication when you call them they do not actually make accurate notes on your file, they just do what is easy for them in the moment and have no regard for what happens to you when you end the conversation. I was given a lot of irritating ** answers by very grimy people in their billing department. When I asked why my bill was still so high they spoke to me like I was an idiot stating that they charged me an extra $60 for having the internet for a week outside of the billing cycle, and I was being charged interest, then another $50 for a disconnection fee.

It was all so frustrating and I know this sounds horrible but the two people I spoke to I had a very hard time understanding and they clearly were not in a mood to want to help, so I just decided to give up. It is all said and done and in a couple of weeks. I will hopefully never hear from them again, unless they decide to send my file to collections though they stated they would not provided my bill was paid in full in no longer than a month. I feel like I was so ripped off by Bell and they obviously don't put a lot of time or effort into the people they have working in their call centers, which I can relate to as I've worked in that environment in my younger years. It is disappointing and so aggravating that they seem like they can just get away with whatever they want. Because in the end, they are a huge company, and we are all just one person trying to get treated fairly, but we have little power.

I'll never give money to this company again just out of the sheer frustration I went through with them. I was amazed when I went into Rogers a few days after closing my service with Bell, to discover I literally and getting a way faster internet now for only $69 a month, tax included. Bell was fine on the beginning but every interaction I have had with them was a bad one, and left me frustrated, annoyed, and feeling cheated.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Seriously if I could rate something less than a star I would have done that. The most disgusting customer service ever. I started two new contracts with Bell in Feb 2016 when I moved to Canada. After 4 months one of our phone started having technical issues, since the phone was in contract I started calling Bell about that and their representatives kept telling me about some repair charges and stuff. And then after couple of month my another device started acting up. Which was serious now, I called them again and the answer was same. They had no courtesy to apologize or to offer you any compensation. Then from outside somewhere we got to know about Apple's manufacturer warranty so we contacted Apple service dealers near to our area and they simply replaced our devices within 15 days without any cost.

My frustration was that this was suppose to come from my mobility company. If they can't help us at least they could have guided us properly. But no... They just made me more frustrated. And after that almost every 2-3 months I have to call them for some unreasonable $5 or $3 charges which are not genuine and then they say sorry and credit it back. This is the reason why I have not set up the pre-authorize payment for my cell phone bill. Now last week I called them since our contracts are over and I was looking to upgrade and was looking for some good deals or promotion as I was getting good offers with other mobility companies. The Rep on my face said that there are no promotions for you and also you are not eligible for higher plan to upgrade BECAUSE YOU MISSED ONE PAYMENT IN MONTH OF NOVEMBER (because I was on vacation and was out of Canada).

I said, "WHAT???" She said, "Yes. That is how our system works here." I was like OKKKKKAY! I am actually done with you guys and I ported out one of my number from Bell and now they are giving me Hard Time in unlocking my device. All their Reps are full of rudeness and no genuine information. Every time you call and they will tell you something different. I am so frustrated with them and really want to take all my services with someone else. Please consider Bell as your last option when you are out for getting a cell phone on a contract especially.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Got A new phone from Bell from January 11 and by January 12 following day they cut off my line and said that I have to pay 186 dollars but in the first place they said that I will pay it on the next pay bill. So basically I was driving and next thing you know I don't have connection, they send me a wrong phone. They give me 4 different number that still other people using it and on top of that cut ** line off. Now I'm still fighting to get my money back for 3 weeks, this company is crazy.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

If it were possible to give less than a star, I would. In the past 24 hours and this is no joke, I have called them 4 times, spoken to two people online and went into one of their stores and my problem is still not fixed. Not only is my problem not fixed but my line has been cut despite them having a good amount of my money in credits... I have never dealt with such an incompetent company and I would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018 I suggest someone of influence in your business gets back to me for a discussion regarding the outrageous wait times when making calls or receiving calls as it concerns the products and services I have with Bell. Your phone services are extremely poor and appear to be either understaffed or less than qualified or both.

I've had services with you over the last 17 years and when you are a leading giant in the telecom world with incredible success - I will hold you accountable especially when we are all overcharged for the kind of services we receive. It's data flow for God's sakes... yes there is infrastructure, servers, networks, etc., that must be maintained but on average we the customer receive billing of excessive amounts which are well above and beyond the cost of maintaining your systems.

I'm also really sick of the lectures on how Mobility and Aliant are separate companies etc. Just get serious about my complaint and get on it already. The customer deserves better and the only reason you are the magnificent tech giant you are is thanks to the 3rd world service from Rogers and their criminal cronies which dumps any potential clients in your direction. Bring in one service provider for the competition and you guys are down for the count but we have only this monopoly in Canada and as a result you are going to have pissed off customers when we wait hours every single call we make or receive to or from Bell. We pay based off first-rate pricing and expect first-rate service. Period.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The connection is the worst and they are freaking expensive. Don't know why I took Bell. They charge you for airtime and don't even let you know about it. And in the app they say it's a voice call charge. WTF. I am on a plan. Why would I be charged for that and when I call customer service they take don't even know what do the charge for and take forever to say what is actually happening. The worst experience ever. I would have rated 0 if I could.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I signed up with Bell one year ago for internet service at The Source store. They sold me on the fact I would be getting the new true Fibre Optic service (it turned out it was just regular speed co-axial and this alone constitutes fraud). This worked adequately for 8 months until I found out that I was not receiving the bill of goods I was sold - they then upgraded me to the true optic cable. The original hh2000 router and service worked flawlessly but once I was upgraded to the new home hub 3000 router I have had hosts of problems, too numerous to mention - I have had three replacements since September, countless service calls and talking on the phone to technicians for hours. Finally after once again losing my Internet on multiple devices after only 2 days with yet a new hh3000 router, I have convinced them to bring me the original hh2000 modem which should be reinstalled by tomorrow.

In general, Bell doesn't seem to have their eye on the ball in that they are releasing products that have not been trial tested enough (this has been verified by countless employees and Best Buy employees who just laugh when you tell them you have the new hh3000 router). I do have to say that I did get through quickly to a Bell service rep each time on the dozens of calls and they were always trying their best and that is why I gave them one star! Any more problems and I am going to be dropping them asap, my time is too precious to continue with their inferior products.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Someone calls Bell to try to log into my account. They caught it; notified me via email and follow up with phone calls. They're number in security. Don't trust the intruders. Trust this established name to protect your privacy.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Right from the first bill received to the last 26 months of constant bill changes, constant promises the credit would be on the next billing cycle. Not to mention the countless hours in the hold mode. If you do business with Bell Canada Ltd. BE PREPARED for the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE you have ever experienced. The situation started with the purchase of a cell phone and satellite TV system from a third party source representing Bell, which resulted in what was sold and what was billed was entirely different.

Lost count of the calls, and hours, and months spent explaining the situation and BE ADVISED you will directed to call centres from all over. You will never get the same representative twice. You will have no idea of what is being recorded. After 26 months finally called it quits; changed to a different service provider for both phone and satellite TV. I kept getting bills, called each month explained I had requested their service to be terminated on the call date, was advised they had NO RECORD of such. I already had the equipment from another service provider installed and in use. I checked and sure enough could still receive Bell Canada signal.

I lost it which is not my normal nature. The service was terminated within hours. But I still received their bill, I called again, wrote a letter. Although not a huge amount. I advised them and have refused to pay, simply by principle. I also requested any further communications be on paper. This followed 2 months of phone calls 3 to 4 a day, which I refused to answer 140+ in total over 2 months. I now receive letters and calls from a collection agency. I spoke with my attorney who simply said, for $150 it is not worth the fight. Maybe so. That is why I am advising all who care to read this: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PAPER TRAIL IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE WITH BELL CANADA. They will want to contact you by phone thus giving them the ability to deny anything you say. You are only a number to them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

On a Thursday night, my internet went dead and upon checking, the modem was the problem. I called Bell, spending hours on the phone for a solution and all they could say was "have you tried to reset the modem." Obviously nothing worked out and they told me someone would call me the next day morning. The next day morning I received only a automatic call. So I had to reexplain everything to the rep that I got connected to. I was given a technician appointment for the next day, Saturday. Thats over 24 hours of no internet service. But ok.

On Friday night, the modem randomly came back alive but the internet was still not working. So I called them again to solve the problem. The guy on the phone was super impatient but at least solved some things. So I decided to cancel the appointment. THEN, only 2 hrs later, internet went dead AGAIN.

So I had to call BELL AGAIN. The calls went like this: technical support reps—can’t solve one thing—fibe or whatever technical team—can’t solve anything—”second level team” —calls got dropped. I literally repeated this for over 7 times and imagine the frustration. Each call took over 30 mins and some of the reps would be gone for 20+ mins after telling me I have to check. Only to came back with no solution whatsoever. After hours of calling, The appointment pushed back to Sunday, which means over 48 hours of down service. Unbelievable. As of now the problem is still not solved. Just dont get involved with Bell, ever.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have been a Bell customer for more than 5 years now and from October 2017 I have been facing many problems with Bell. My television, my home phone and my WiFi have been with Bell but recently I have faced many problems. First in October 2017 I was faced with a bill for my pay per view movies which were never ordered by me. The worst part is that I was charged $204.84 on just On Demand movies. I don't think its fair for Bell to do that as my bill for the TV is already very expensive.

I spent almost 3 hours on the phone for 3 days to try to find a solution but none was given to me. The bill for that payment also came on December 18 while the charges were for October. I let that go but then I find out that Bell has also charged my home phone for long distance charges which was $253.77. When I called Bell to ask what happened they told me that they have changed my plan and are now charging me for long distance calls without my consent. I don't think it's fair for Bell to charge me huge bills when I did not give my consent to change my previous ones. Due to all this I don't recommend anyone to get Bell as their customer service and their service in generally is not good at all.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Trying to reach Bell Canada is impossible. When you do you reach people in another country who are following a script and repeat what you say without really understanding it. They have no power to do anything and do not care at all about you as a client or helping to address your concerns. They lie about what they are going to do and then pretend they didnt say this.

After an hour we finally reached for the 2nd time someone who couldnt do anything to address our concern - putting our phone on vacation suspension which we were promised was possible when we signed up because we go away for several months of the year. Their idea of vacation suspension was to charge us the same monthly amount but stop services to the phone! We asked to speak to a supervisor from Canada and were promised a callback today. Of course no one called. Our contract ends in September and we will never ever utilize Bell again. How short sighted and small minded and unreliable. We want to warn others not to believe anything Bell says and if you want service stay away from them. What a disgusting company that takes advantage of people.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

At 6 pm on January 3rd, 2018, I received a ring at my door. When I opened the door a large man pushed his way into my home. He told me a dog was outside chasing him. The dog was on the road far away, but the man told me the dog was trying to bite him. He went back outside to stand on the front porch to talk to me. He identified himself as a Sales Consultant working for Bell Canada. He proceeded to spend at least 10 minutes talking without break, trying to entice me to sign up for Bell Internet services in my area and to take a 10 day free trial. I had to interrupt his speech to tell him that I wasn't interested.

He left and returned a few minutes later, once again ringing my doorbell. He asked for my phone number, which I refused to give him. I took his business card and told him I would contact him should I be interested. He left. When I went to Bell.CA website to inform Bell of this and to request no more sales staff to visit my house, I found there is no way to do this. The Bell.ca website is ONLY useful for customers, of which I am not. There is no way to email Bell to complain about their staff. I am appalled by the poor customer service of Bell.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I guess this complaint is long overdue, but worth mentioning. In 2012, after my third price increase of the year I decided to call in to see what their justifications were? After a lengthy conversation with an agent who took the time to be as robotic as possible and read every excuse the screen in front of them (anything from inflation to the investment in their network infrastructure) told them to say, I decided in that moment that I needed to be more of a Hero for myself and for others by no longer supporting businesses that do so much wrong.

After asking to cancel my services, I was then offered an onslaught of offers that were not made available to me when simply complaining. After being offered an amazing deal, I left the agent in awe as I told them that principal alone would not allow me to continue one more day with their services and having gone through the same with Videotron, it was time to seek out accountable service from an independent.

Finally she accepted my protest and request to cancel my service. They sent me boxes in the mail to return my equipment along with a tracking number. After dropping off the parcel at the post, thinking this ordeal was now over, when paying for dinner later that week, my credit card was declined. Slightly embarrassed, I came to realize that I was billed over 800$ on my credit card without notice for "unreturned" goods. When I called to get explanation, they said it was because I never returned my products. After I provided the tracking number they provided me to the agent, they agreed that I did in fact return my devices. After a plea for a refund, they mentioned that a check would arrive by mail in a few weeks.

How we as Canadians allow for businesses like this to exist is beyond me. Every dollar we spend on them empowers them to continue these practices and their profits are shifted to lobbying government to further increase our spending while reducing our services. Upon finding out that they did not fully refund me, I called again to insist they send over the adjusted amount. The second check I never ended up cashing and instead keep on by my desk as a reminder of why I do what I do today. Shortly after this order, I gave up my job at the time and founded ** and our motto simply was to "save the day!" Today, years later, we have successfully maintained top review and ranks from websites like CanadianISP.ca and we have been listed as best Internet service provider by GoneVoIP.ca. Great things can come from bad places, keep your head up and follow your hearts!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Absolutely the worst possible experience dealing with a cancellation of bail. Over 10 hours on hold on the weekend only to be told they couldn't help us. We went to Telus who were fantastic and then to Apple to clear the phones. Apple contacted Bell's office and was transferred to a manager who promptly then hung up on Apple because he didn't want to deal with things anymore. A week later we find out that one of the three phones that were cancelled was still active and being charged. Avoid this company like the plague.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I purchased three bundle package TV, internet and home phone in which Bell employee sold me his product by false information that I will get unlimited worldwide long distance call. First bill was 141 dollar according to the deal. But second bill was 374 and third bill 520 dollar. When I called to company they said to me (India) has not under worldwide unlimited. This information was not given to me when I got this package .Now I called them daily but nobody helping me. Please help me.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I've been with Bell for 15 years now. They constantly call me with promotions, when I call back to inquire, no one has a clue what the promotion was. I'm now on the phone for over 3 and a half hours and have been transferred to 4 different reps because no one has a CLUE what they're doing at that call center. AFTER waiting for a full hour on the phone, it rings 3 times, then the line drops. I called back to politely explain the situations to the agents, and they give me snarky remarks, transfer me without even saying they are about to, or asking if they can do anything to help. This is BY FAR the worst customer service I've ever received from any business. AVOID BELL AT ALL COSTS! I'm so fed up with Bell Mobility's nonsense, I'll be going to another provider.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I switched over from Fido to Bell and it was the worst mistake I could do. They have the worst customer service, an hour wait for each call and over 5 dropped calls. They don't offer competitive pricing and I recommend anyone reading this to avoid Bell at all costs. This is the first time I have placed any review for any company but that is how strongly disappointed and frustrated I am with this company that I feel compelled to warn other innocent consumers like myself. STAY AWAY FROM BELL!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Salesperson is not well trained, technology department person did not notify any extra charge when there is a change on the service. When we cancel all the services, we got a lot of overcharge on the bill which is ridiculous, it was totally different penalty on the agreement. So I would say Bell is the worst company on the planet. Do not ever ever ever use their terrible service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I called in to get a once in a lifetime promotion at Bell which was a month to month plan. Everyone I knew was calling to get this deal and hold times were crazy that day. After 3 hours of hold time, I reached a rep who told me that in order to get this promo he would have to cancel my current contract and I’d have to pay a penalty and then I’d be on a 60 dollar plan. I said, "Hmm. Is there anything I can do to avoid that big cancellation penalty?". And he said, "Sure, we can put you on a plan that’s 10 dollars more per month but you can avoid the cancellation". I agree and everything is done. I’m happy at this point.

The next day, I get a call from Bell saying the rep was misinformed and offered me something that did not exist. Frustrating Indeed, but oh well. I just asked if I could go on the original plan I called about and I'd bite the bullet for the cancellation fee. What happened next was absurd. They told me that offer no longer exists! It expired yesterday! The closest thing they could offer was no longer month to month and 30 dollars more per month. I could not believe what I heard. I was dumbstruck. I asked them to review the calls I made to have them see this was entirely their error. They agreed and said there was nothing they could do. Unbelievably bad customer service. I'll make sure everyone knows how terrible bell is. They don't care about their customers AT ALL.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Bell Canada Company Information

www.bell.ca

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use