Bell Canada

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm a Bell Canada customer since 2012. In 2015 I went for a 3 month out from Canada, informed them I'll be away and got a confirmation. During the time I was away Bell had to charge me a small monthly fee since nobody was using their services. In the billing date of the first month I was away I was charged for full service for 3 month in 1 monstrous payment. I was totally in shock. I was in Asia at this time so I called the customer service to adjust the error they just made since they took all the money I planned to use for living in Asia.

The customer service girl was very nice on the phone, checked my file and told me it marked I'll be away between the mentioned dates and promised the money will be credit back to my account. I was checking the balance daily but nothing was deposited. Finally next month on billing date I got a credit, but not all of the mess they did. It was only for 1 month. I had to wait 3 month for them to credit all the amount they took off in 1 payment. In 2 month I go for my next vacation and wonder if this time they will play on me same dirty trick.

I can not wait to be finished with this company. I have actually cried over the frustration of being on the phone for almost two hours and being passed from person to person to person only to be hung up on. They will promise you something to get you off the phone but never follow through. They will lie and tell you they are a supervisor when they are not. Completely intolerable. I paid a 200.00 deposit (I was new in Canada and had no credit) for Bell Mobility. Later I added Bell TV and internet and was told that I must pay another 200.00 deposit for it as they were separate even though they were under the same umbrella. SO I paid ANOTHER 200.00 meaning they had a 400.00 deposit from me - 200.00 for mobility and 200.00 for TV and internet.

I cancelled the TV and internet leaving only my mobile phone with them - I should have received this 200.00 deposit back but here is the problem (I can not make them understand this as most seem unable to comprehend the simplest of sentences). The Bell Mobility side can not see the TV internet side and the TV internet side can not see the Bell mobility side. So NO ONE seems able to resolve it since the ability to resolve it would necessitate seeing both sides. They pass me around and around and around in an endless loop making me repeat everything over and over again till I want to scream. I finally got through to someone who said they could see that the deposit was not credited properly and assured me they would call with a resolution within 48 hrs. LIAR.

I called back but they refused to let me speak to the last person I spoke to or the department I last spoke to and sent me around and around again until they finally hung up (easier than having to actually resolve a problem). HORRIBLE customer service - the worst I have EVER experienced. I wish I could give them less than one star as they do not even deserve one. I submitted my account number but I had an account PRIOR to this account that was closed or transferred to this one when I added services to my mobile. THAT is the account where the 200.00 was never credited over to me OR transferred to the new account. THIEVES - that is what they are. How many OTHER people have they done this to?

Where do I start? Hmmm!!! In a nutshell, Bell is another word for Hell. Anyone who is their customer should know what I mean. I have been a customer for over 35 years. You could say I am either really stubborn or stupidly hopeful that Bell would get their act together. Guess what? I am done waiting!!! I have been lied to, defrauded of monies and services and well, the list goes on and on and on. I have friends who work for the telecommunications Giant and their stories of what Bell thinks up and instigates is nothing short of deplorable.

Service sucks, pricing sucks, attitude sucks, billing sucks and well the list again goes on and on. I won't bore you all with the gory details but HEY! Thank GOD there's other companies to go to for WAY better service and moral considerations. All I can say is this, Bell Canada should always be your last choice and only if you're so desperate that you have exhausted all other viable possibilities for telecommunication needs. And to all those poor souls who remain with Bell, May GOD help you... You're gonna need it...

Since we switched to Bell Fibe we have had so much trouble we could write a book! Whenever we contacted customer service, things turned from bad to worst! The only reason we are still with Bell is we want to keep one email address which we use for business and to log in to many different online accounts. Without that, I would cancel all Bell services and forget about them forever. Probably, Rogers is not much better, but our experience with Bell was a nightmare!

Being Misled and Mistreated. Sick of Bell getting away with this - I have been having technical issues with my Bell services since back in October 2016. Bell techs have been here several times. They have been able to see that the problem on my line does exist but have not been able to resolve it. I lost a work from home job after Bell's unsuccessful attempts to resolve this issue. They state that the issue is electrical, but Hydro says my wiring is fine. This was after extensive testing of my internet service to make sure it would meet the demands of my work programs in the first place. My internet speeds drop below 2 mbps, which is not sufficient to run anything, not even the on demand stuff for the TV. Phone lines do not work at all except in one part of the house. This began in late September/early October.

The funny thing is, the representative on the phone on May 19th told me that FIBE IS NOT AVAILABLE in my area, nor has it ever been. Yet that is precisely what I was sold and what I was billed for, and am still being billed for, since July of last year. A couple of weeks ago I made a payment arrangement and on May 17th went online to pay my bill as agreed, but whaddya know, my Internet crashed (again) and stayed offline for the better part of two days. I attempted to phone Bell but my line was so fuzzy that I gave up. On the 19th the Internet appeared to be working so I grabbed my bank card and again attempted to make payment, but they had suspended my service temporarily.

Fuming at this point, I phoned in and asked to speak to customer service. They put me through to billing, of course. I again demanded to speak to customer service and was told, basically, that I would not be speaking to anyone until the balance was paid. So, feeling like my wallet was being hijacked in exchange for some very low-level service, I paid the bill but demanded something in exchange for the well-documented problems that I have experienced with Bell for over six months now. I guess they want my money pronto but have no interest in fixing my services in a timely manner, or at all... And since I lost my job over THEIR inaction and negligence, you'd think that they would be willing to work with me a little..

But no. Customer service does not matter anymore, nor does quality of product. I have been paying for Fibe, even though the rep stated Fibe is not available in my area. Hmm. I wonder how they would like it, if I paid my bill in Monopoly money, and insulted their intelligence by insisting that it was the same thing and that they should basically just shut up, take it, and go away. I'm almost certain that they would call it fraud, and contact the police.

The first rep was quite apologetic and could tell my line was bad just from that conversation. He could not hear me well and had to ask me to repeat myself several times. He could see that this had been going on for quite some time by going over my account and agreed that I should be compensated for the substandard level of service that I have been receiving, and assured me that "This is not how Bell operates or treats their customers, and I am sorry you've been through all this".

He then put me through to a rather rude gentleman who treated me like a criminal. While they did agree to compensate me for one month of Internet service, he had the audacity to tell me that I should cancel my service, if Bell wasn't good enough, and treated me like I was trying to get out of paying the bill (that I had just paid in full during that same call) by asking for discounts and "complaining on a monthly basis". Sorry... But if the service sucks, I am going to complain. It is not my fault that Bell agreed to provide a level of service that they clearly are unable to provide. Especially when everyone is more interested in playing "pass the buck" rather than "resolve the issue" and it is MY wallet paying the price. Sorry for the long rant but they get away with more and more, and will continue to as long as people just take it from them. Paying customers deserve better! CHEERS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Having moved from Rogers to Bell, regretting this decision. Unfortunately did not research Bell's data management tools, of which Rogers has recently improved. With a teenager in the house this is an important feature. All they can do is send me a message when we reach 95%, with a minimum of 4 hours delay. By the time I deal with it we are over our limit... and now they are going to charge me $2 to put a data block on! After 'complaining' they so generously reduced it to $1!!! Counting the months until I can switch... Unfortunately a long wait.

So Bell offers us quite a deal, and they need to send a Bell serviceman over to upgrade our internet. No problem. However Bell thought it would be a good idea to give us no warning about when they were going to come over to do their services. I get a random doorbell ring at 8 am, during the week no-less, and some guy claims to be Bell and wants to come into my house. I didn't expect him at all, and I was cynical of his intent at the time, so I told him to get lost.

After him calling me, and Bell calling me telling me that they were keen on having the procedure done that very day, I kindly told them they would have to do it another day. They agreed. To make matters worse that day, the Bell serviceman decided to block both driveways right before I had to leave for work. So the other scheduled day comes, and figures, according to the Bell serviceman who was supposed to come says he had no such appointment. This whole affair was extremely messy and unprofessional. If you're going to send a serviceman to do work, let us know in advance when he's going to come. And then follow up on it. Was expecting better service out of Bell Canada but it seems like I'm not alone.

Make a PIPEDA request to privacy@bell.ca and file a complaint with CCTS (http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/) and Competition Bureau (http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca), and if they deny the call recording you are legally entitled to complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/) after 30 days. Service with Bell is horrendous, with a 42.585% annual interest rate.

They only offer incentives on "full" billing periods so your "pro-rated" first bill will be at the full price of anything they offer you + a full month at the discounted price. This means that if you pay $300 for a month with the first 3 months at 50% off and you sign up on the 2nd, you will likely be on the hook for $280 for the "pro-rated" amount + $150 for the "full billing period" plus any other fees.

My modem was mailed to an address without a mailbox and Bell charged me for internet during days that the modem (which I was told was being installed by the technician) was in the mail. The technician gave me his shovel and told me I had to dig a trench and bury my own service line. Your Terms of Service state you have 30 days to pay the bill but they only give you 20 when the bill arrives so you pay early (and they get interest on your money) and it avoids them charging you the 42.585% annual interest rate they charge for late payment (Schedule A - Terms of Service). How this company has any customers is truly beyond me.

Extremely difficult to reach service on phone and even when they send technical staff (4 visits to date) they cannot resolve lack of quality issues. They rely on Techsavvy's equipment for internet and continue to bill us even though we must retain Techsavvy and TV service is blotchy and choppy. Sorry I ever dealt with this company.

Wish I could give them zero stars because that is what they deserve. When you cancel your service with them (Like many do since they rip off their customers - I had a 95% increase in my monthly charges over the course of 23 months with no changes to my services), they will send you the final bill but they will remove all credit they had promised you and you had been receiving for however long you were their customer. They refuse to pro-rate their promos and give you a portion of them just because they are money hungry pigs who could care less about you.

Be warned about this before you cancel your services mid-month because it may be cheaper to actually keep their crappy service til the end of the billing cycle to ensure you get the promos they promised you. Oh, and by the way, they put all three of your services with them on separate billing cycles just so they can screw you even more and not cancel all your services at once so they can then remove the promos on your other services for partial months.

Having worst experience with Bell customer service where if they are not able to resolve your issue will disconnect your call. This has happened with me for the fourth time now. They will do all fake promises to you to wrap up the call and then you will call after a month when you see the same bill and wonder why they didn't make any changes to your account and after that all they say is there are no notes on the account.

Hello Bell and all other people wanting to take Bell, the call they receive and the notes they put on account are totally different. The call lasted for half hour and all they can see on my account as the notes is BILLING ENQUIRY. I was told that, "You are in a contract with Bell for 2 years. If you want to decrease your plan come after 1 year." I was okay with that. I called when 7 months left on my contact and they said, "We can reduce your plan to a 35$ per month plan starting next month." I waited for it and guess what I see? My bill is the same 60$ per month. I told the agent to check call recordings. Some said, "We can't do that." Some said, "We can do it but it takes time one week." Is Bell a joke or their customers are joke for them? Is this a customer service? Guys it is a request to everyone that if you read this please never ever go.

For Bell, coz once you are in a contract you are gone. It's a very famous saying in Hindi... "Phle tum Bell lo fir Bell thumari lega" English meaning, kind of "first you take Bell and then Bell will take yours." Still waiting for my issue to be resolved and will put this post everywhere so that no one goes in contact with company like Bell. My friends who took Rogers and Fido are way too happy. Now just will wait to see what happens and will. Keep the post updated.

I was on Bell TV Better package with promotion but our family actually only watches two channels (a sport channel and Teletoon for my daughter). So on March 3, 2017 I talked with one of Bell representatives S by online Chat for better options of TV. S suggested I change my package to starter+sport+Teletoon. S told me the Starter is $21.95/month, plus Sport package $25, then add Teletoon that is $4.00, comes together it will be $50.95/month. Comparing to $82.95/month I currently paid for Better package, I could save $32 bulks a month. I believed in S and agreed to have the programming changed.

However, the next bill came more than my previous one (no save at all)! I called Bell customer service right away and I was told that S provided me wrong information so with S's suggestion I got more expenses and less channels. The worse thing was that the agent in Bell customer service was not able to change it back to my previous programming, but she said she had set up a complaint to their Case Manager and the Case Manager would contact me within 24 hours. The nightmare came from over there.

As no one contacted me at all in two weeks I called again and this time an agent T received my call. T told me that he could change me back to my previous Better TV package but my promotion had gone. He also told me a Case Manager would contact me within 1 or 2 days to add me back to the promotion. As I had lost my confidence to Bell, I specifically told T: "Please DO NOT change me back to Better package unless you are sure I can get the promotion back. Otherwise, I will be charged even much more!" T told me he was sure I could get back the promotion as it was Bell's fault. So he changed me back to Better package without promotion, but promised that a case manager would contact me within 24 hours. Obviously, again and again, NO ONE called me back and the bill came with unbelievable much high over $200 (of course as no promotion).

Then I called Bell several times again (8 times in total including online chat) and every time I was repeatedly told a Case Manager would contact me within 24/48 hours. One time I even got an email from Bell saying that "A member of our team will be in contact with you within the next 48 hours." But during two MONTHS there was no one at all to contact me! I am really MAD!!! Until yesterday May 4, 2017 (two months after the mistake they made to me), a Bell Case Manager wrote to me and told me they CANNOT put me back to the promotion! During last 28 years I dealt with a dozen of telecommunication companies. I have to say Bell is the company with the worst customer service I have ever seen! I will cancel all of their services and seek for another company for sure.

My email is **. I wish to take a class action against Bell for loss of time and lack of customer service. The wait time is 20-25 minutes today and my internet is like a dial-up. Now all my bills have disappeared. Enough is enough. I have lost so much time with Bell – I am talking HOURS. Time is money so I want to hit them where it counts. Have you tried canceling your account? It is easier to get an audience with the Pope. If you have also had enough, if you are as frustrated as I am, write me. I want to take a class action. I'm in Quebec.

Bell Canada, you guys are passive aggressive scammers who dont care about your customers. In the words of one of your own managers who said "You are not our customers anymore", so there is nothing I am going to do for you. After being your loyal customer for years, we had to switch providers due to the ridiculous hike in prices. However, you guys disconnected all of our services on the 24th of April, a day before we had asked for. I spend 2.5 hours on the phone with you guys to sort out the issue (being transferred and placed on hold) after which you guys told me that the department who could have helped actually closed 2 hours ago. You guys didnt know why the services were discontinued a day early so we should try back tomorrow. I called the next day after not having any phone or internet service the whole night and the agent still didnt know why our services were disconnected early when the order was clearly placed for April 25th. I was placed on hold for 1 hour before the agent disconnected the phone on me.

I tried again and demanded to speak to the manager. What did the manager do, blame this on us, saying that we had actually called on the 24th and asked for our services to be discontinued that day. I called out the lie saying that the 5 agents that I talked to all said that the discontinuation date was supposed to be the 25th not the 24th. He went to check the notes and realized that one the previous agents had accidentally placed the internet to be discontinued on the 24th. He apologized but said that since we werent his customers anymore, there was nothing he could do for us. Bell Canada, this was just your way of getting your revenge for us switching providers. You guys are the worse service in Canada, and you dont deserve to have any customers and you certainly dont deserve to be in business.

The 17 March Videotron called me with a good offer for my 3 services. I was happy to save some money so I made an appointment for them to disconnect Bell and switch to Videotron. On March 23 a Customer Service Man from Bell calls me and makes me a great offer. So I review what he offered twice with him to be sure, wrote it all down, got his employee number. I thought I was covered. Surprise. My bill arrives and it is not what we agreed on. Call Bell. Explain the situation is on the phone for 1 hour for the line to be cut off, after being put on hold for 35 minutes. And this is after explaining the whole story twice...

I call back, of course I do not get the same person so I start explaining the situation and they transfer me after 40 minutes and we start over again. LOL. They changed my programming March 23 but can not change the price promised before April 13 and it is not at promotional price as promised. So as per them the promotion will start on April 23. So my bill in May will have the promotional price. But don't we pay a month in advance. Bell are dishonest... will be changing.

So I got my bill in online it was $100 over the plan, I contacted them to ask what happened. They said to me that I exceeded my 7 gig plan by 1.7 gig. So I asked them to upgrade my plan to 10 gig... They said that will be $15 for the additional 3 gig... I was floored. I said, "So you're charging me $100 extra for 1.7, but 3 cost $15. Does that seem fair?" She continued to tell me that's just the business, I pointed out to them that in the past I haven't used 7 gigs. "Do you reimburse me for unused data," she laughed and said, "No that's only in the US." And they can do that to us because we don't have enough competition. I will be taking my business elsewhere!

After over a decade of being with Bell Canada home phone, I wanted to cancel my service and port out my number. This task was rendered impossible. When I called to cancel my service, I was asked so many personal questions from who is your next provider, why you want to cancel, etc. I simply answered politely that it was a personal decision. I was then told my service would be cancelled within the next 24 to 48 hours later. Over 72 hours later my service was not cancelled. I called back and I talked to several customer agents who decided to give me the run around, put me on hold and even hung up on me. I ended up filling the online complaint form in which someone did get back to me, and my service was cut off. But now a dial tone persists and the quality of the audio has diminished. This is the thanks I get from all my years with Bell. Here is what I learn from talking to Bell services is they lie to their customers.

I was promised a new pixel phone by the loyalty people at Bell at zero dollars. They sent a confirmation number then I went into the source to order the phone. The day I came in to get the phone they said I still owed 400 $. They also took my credit card and charged a fraudulent 10$ charge for absolutely nothing. Be aware fellow consumers to avoid Bell Mobility at all costs. They will overcharge you! Lie and swindle you.

I hate the experience of calling Bell. After a day of trying to solve the problem myself. I had to gather all my patience and call. After a 45-minute wait time, being told over and over again that I was a valued customer and that my business meant so much to them. If any of that statement was true, it would not happen over and over again every time I need to call them. Bell lost all the other services I once had and they will soon lose me on this one. On this particular occasion I was on hold for 45 minutes and it took 15 minutes to resolve the issue. My Bell house phone was 3 times what I pay today for the same level of service and far better support and far quicker support... needless to say I'm no longer with Bell. My internet was a minimum of 4 times what I pay today and again, I have better service and quicker service. ExpressVu is all I have left and they are working my patience. They must be the worst company on this planet.

Bell is a company with zero integrity! Over 2 years ago, bell called me with a promotional package deal. In my case, the package I was offered was for 2 years & 3 services (home phone including unlimited long distance within north america, unlimited internet & Fibe tv) for $100/Mos. This offer was suppose to be good till January 2017, however, it only lasted for a few months & then my bill started increasing to the point where on January 2017, it was $160/Mos, which is the same monthly fee I pay today April 2017, without the promotional package! How unscrupulous! And everytime I have called bell to remind them of their offer to me, they are quick to point out that there have been service fee increases, hence the increase in my bill. Please someone correct me if I'M wrong, but the whole purpose of the offer is that for the duration of the offer, the customer is exempt from any increase! Again, how unscrupulous!!!

I had been with Sasktel since I turned 18, I had good service with them, never really had any issues but then I started going through a hard time financially due to health issues and could not afford my almost $100 bill so I made the switch to Bell Mobility after being told they had great phone plans as low as $40.00 a month (both my parents signed up for 40.00 monthly plans and recommended Bell to me). I had gotten my iPhone 6s at a Walmart Supercenter mobile kiosk back in February 2017. The agent who got my phone up and running gave me two options: I could pay 85.00 plus tax that day and only pay 75.00 a month or pay 130.00 and only pay 60.00 a month, being that I only had a certain amount of spending money on me, I took the first option.

Before I signed the contract, I had asked the agent if the amount I would be paying was before or after tax, he insisted it was AFTER tax and the most I would pay is 75.00 monthly and that I was getting a really good deal. We then went through the process of setting up the phone and signing of the contract. He asked me for two pieces of identification which is common with signing contracts, I gave him the two pieces then he asks for my credit card. WHAT? I was very confused as to why he needed my credit card to get a cell phone, he told me it was just the contract signing process and I would not be charged for anything on my card.

We agreed on $60.00 a month plus $15.00 data plan and because I was paying 85.00 plus tax that day the most I would pay would be 75.00 AFTER TAX, he explained I would save on taxes, paper copy of my bill sent to my address monthly, first bill would be sent after the 19th of March 2017, it seemed like a good price. I signed the contract, paid about 90.00 and went on my way with my new phone.

The service I had when I first got my phone was great, I would say even a little better than SaskTel. Calls made were much more clear than SaskTel, as well as internet browsing, I thought I made a good choice in switching to Bell Mobility. I soon found out I had made a huge mistake. On the 21st of February, 5 days after I got my phone, I received a phone call from someone in California, it was 4:30 in the morning, I was asleep and was woken up, I did not answer the call since I did not know anyone in California except a friend of mine who's number I have listed in my phone already and they don't even live near where this number had called from so I knew it could not be them.

Two days later, the same number calls at exactly 4:30 am, again waking me up, I did not answer it, after that night, it is every night, exactly 4:30 am, always waking me up, I ended up blocking their number yet they still get through to my voicemail and have even called me from a blocked number. I have not told Bell about these phone calls because I thought it was just a scammer calling but now that I see reviews and know how Bell is, I think it's intentional on Bell's end.

I decided to download the MyBell app on my phone to track any data I had used. I noticed my monthly plan was listed as 71.36, I thought, “Great! A little cheaper than 75.00”, I was very happy with my service until I got a phone call from a 1800 number about two weeks after I signed my contract with Bell. I normally do not answer numbers I do not know, especially 1800 numbers but this number had called a few times early in the morning so I answered. I found out it was Bell Mobility. The rep I talked to told me I was behind on my bill and demanded I pay the outstanding balance of 105.86 that day or he will have to cut off my service. This baffled me. I had just signed a contract with them two weeks before they called me, I didn't even receive a bill yet they threaten to disconnect my service if I don't pay them 105.86 that day? No, not happening.

I kindly explained my financial situation to the rep I talked to, telling him I did not have 105 dollars to just give out and that I hadn't received a bill, he told me to check my email since I was signed up for e-bill. I was NOT signed up for e-bill, yet he kept insisting it was there and to "try harder" as if I was stupid and couldn't understand how emails work. After telling him how many times I have no email from them, I told him I would have to make a payment arrangement. That did not fly with him. He told me I have to be responsible and pay my bills on time, went as far as to threaten to charge my credit card, weirdly enough my credit card got cancelled (I did not cancel it nor do I know who did it). The same card I had used to sign up for my Bell Mobility account just got cancelled out of thin air.

After arguing with him for what seemed to be hours, he finally agreed to a payment arrangement which I said I would make at my bank, conversation ended and I thought things were good. I started getting text messages from Bell saying I was over my data usage for the month, first being over 30.00 then 50.00. Once it reaches 50.00, it says phone data will be suspended until the next billing cycle. I check my data usage right away and see that I still had 3GB of data left for my billing cycle so I use the online support service on their website asking about the texts, thinking they were fake and just trying to take my money. The first rep I talked to was very kind and made me feel at ease. He told me that I was nowhere near my data cap and to disregard the message, as well as apologize for the inconvenience. I THOUGHT this was the only time this would happen, wrong!

I then started getting more text messages saying the same thing: 30.00 over then 50.00, data is suspended. I contact Bell again, tell them I'm still getting these texts and kindly ask what the issue is, rep tells me yet again that I am nowhere near data cap and to ignore the message. I use my home WiFi at all times unless I'm out in public so the amount of data I use is very little, I check the status of my data every time I get these texts, it is never close to data cap and Bell's customer service reps confirm this each time and tell me to ignore the text yet I keep getting them? It's honestly becoming a hassle to deal with.

One rep told me it must be a system glitch, another told me it could be meant for someone else but got redirected to my phone, another said they don't have any idea why I receive these texts. I have told them if I am overcharged for data I did not use then I will gladly switch back to Sasktel, I always get the reassuring "yes ma'am, I understand, we will make sure you don't get texts from us again." Really? Yet I still get them? The last one being last Saturday which resulted in me getting told to just call Customer Service and they can deal with it and have it noted on my account to not text me, sigh, same thing I have been told. I told that rep I am not wasting my time and she would not take no for an answer. I ended up ending the chat as I couldn't deal with her.

Due to only getting my bill recently, I had not paid it. I had a bit of an emergency where I had to use money I had in my account and could not pay the past due amount of 105.86, I called Bell and told them the situation thinking they would understand and let me pick a different day, I was shocked about the customer service I received. The rep I talked to was very rude, the way she spoke to me sounded like she was having a conversation with one of her friends, when I asked to speak to a supervisor (I also wanted to report a rep ending the conversation while I was explaining my issue) she refused and kept trying to talk me into paying a full amount of 190.00. I had only had my phone for a month at this point yet already being charged yet again? I asked for clarification on the charges because the amount I was being charged did not make sense.

The rep said I owe a past due amount of 105.86, I was told when I signed up for my phone, the first bill would be a bit more expensive due to an activation fee which I completely understand, what I didn't understand was the amount of my new bill, according to the rep, it was 85.00. I told the rep I was told it was supposed to be 75.00 after tax, she told me I was wrong and it was 85.00 then I mentioned how I had just checked the MyBell app before calling them and it said the 71.36, after I got off the phone with them, I was logged out of the app and when I logged back in, it jumped up to 84.96, convenient isn't it? In the end, we came to an agreement for a payment arrangement to be made by April 19th, 2017, I was completely fine with that. I did in fact submit an official complaint on their website stating all the issues I was having, I even complained on their Twitter page, got to talk to someone who took 15.00 off my past due amount after I told them my situation, the only one who seems to be understanding and caring.

I was contacted by a member of their customer complaints department, he apologized for everything, confirmed that I was getting the 15.00 off my past due and that my credit card would not be charged. Month of April starts, happy that we finally came to an agreement on when I can pay my outstanding balance on my bill. I specifically said if I can afford to pay the full amount I would do so, if not then I would pay the past due then pay off the remaining when I can.

Shortly after I made this payment arrangement, I started getting calls from another 1800 number, it did not look like Bell's number or close to it so I ignored the calls. After they called me four times in one day, I finally answered. They said they were a collection agency/telemarketers on behalf of Bell Mobility and wanted to know if I had paid the full amount of my bill yet. Really? I make a payment arrangement dated for the 19th of April, it is not the 19th yet I'm getting calls from a collection agency? Are you kidding me? I told the lady who contacted me that I made a payment arrangement for the 19th of April, she then paused then said I need to pay my bills on time and asked if I could make the one-time payment right there on the phone using my credit card, something I was told would never happen again and was "noted" on my account. I told her no and that I will be paying it by the 19th through my bank.

She kept pressuring me into paying the full amount and spewing BS about how I need to be responsible for my bills and if I can't afford a phone then don't bother getting one, yes because I completely am at fault for having health issues that just came suddenly, right. Conversation ends and I thought the calls would stop but nope, they didn't, they keep coming, sometimes three times a day, some once or twice, just constant harassment for making a payment arrangement.

Today though is the absolute last straw (April 13th, 2017) I tried contacting Bell via phone call but was having technical difficulties, I decided to try their online support chat, got in touch with a rep and was wanting to let them know of my plans to pay my past due amount of 90.00 at my bank. The rep pulled up my account to make sure I would still have service then she told me the past due amount is 105.86, I told her that is wrong and that Bell agreed to take 15.00 off that for a total of 90.00, she then tells me that is what my monthly bill is and the past due amount is what she says it is and I am wrong. I then go to take a screenshot of my MyBell app that says the amount past due is 89.36, as soon as I do that, she starts typing right away and apologizes and says I am right and the amount past due is 89.36. Everything seems alright, right? Wrong.

She then says and this is exactly what she said "Let me go ahead and process your one-time payment using your credit card." "May I have your credit card number?" No please, no asking if I was okay with using my credit card, no asking how I was planning on making my payment, just make your full payment using your credit card I am demanding you to use. I was absolutely done at this point, I was so angry and had no patience to deal with them anymore, yet this rep kept pressuring me to pay my bill in full and when I told her I was told they would not ask for my credit card information, she just kept apologizing and said if I don't feel comfortable making a payment online, I can call them and give them it.

What part of you do not have permission to use my credit card do they not understand? And what about the payment arrangement that they agreed to? It's like they completely forgot that they agreed to a payment arrangement for the 19th of April and constantly harass me about it. After her constant failed attempts at getting my credit card number and full payment, I told her I am done with them and will be calling Sasktel to restore my services with them. Her response? To call customer service on the phone and I can make my payment there. Oh my Lord, this woman would not take no for an answer. I told her they will get no payment from me and that I am not going to waste my money on them, I ended the chat, screenshot everything she said and filed a BBB complaint, I will also file a complaint on their website.

I contacted their official Twitter account, the same one I had used before, to report as a last attempt at getting some sort of justice, they told me to send them a DM of the situation when I said I was planning on leaving and going back to my old phone provider, sent the message, got one response asking what type of service I had, I said mobility, messaged was read and ignored. Great customer service. I have been in tears over all of this and am very worried at how badly my credit is being affected because of Bell. I have only been with Bell Mobility for going on two months now. I have dealt with horrible customer service, false data charge text messages, threats of using my credit card when I have made a payment arrangement, being told to grow up and be responsible and to quit running away from my problems, treated like garbage for no reason at all.

I struggle with depression, since using Bell's services, my depression has gotten worse from dealing with their harassment and bullying. I am at the point where I will cancel my service with Bell and switch back to Sasktel where they actually treat you like a valued customer and are understanding if you need to make a payment arrangement, they also don't send collection agencies after you after only using their service for less than two months. My credit is being ruined by Bell and I now refuse to pay them any amount of money.

I want out of my services, that are constantly changing in price, now my monthly bill is 90.00 a month, it first started out as 75.00, now it's 90.00? what's next, 100.00? And if I am charged for data I did not use, that will be another thing I will make a complaint about. If you're thinking of switching to Bell, do yourself a huge favor and don't. Find a good, honest phone provider that cares and respects their customers. You will be thankful that you did.

Ridiculous. They told me I would have FFTH (Fiber-to-the-home) here in Montreal. I told them they told me. They play with the word 'Fibe'... Fiber in English, Fibre in French... but hey it's not fiber optic... It's good old copper cable going to the fiber optic node. It's something hybrid, I think they call it fiber to the node. Please Bell, stop saying this is fiber optic. This is not FFTH! Bell is really good at false advertising this. They're lying to the Canadian population. They're being sued right now for this by consumer protection organization in this province. Please do the same in other provinces! Let's make this a national news.

Bell TV, it's hard to find a starting point as this is the most frustrating, disappointing, and expensive pile of uselessness ever devised. The programming was implemented 10 years ago with the same content playing today. The same movies over and over again, even the best ones have become hated by repetition, seems like The Fugitive with Harrison Ford & Tommy Lee Jones, must have been on well over 1000 times in 3 months, Bell = garbage in garbage out, Alexander would be rolling over in his grave knowing he sold it out to the Greediest Country on the Planet. POOR CANADA.

What a horrible experience with Bell. I have never been so much furious! They have false information on their websites. They advertise their prepaid plans that you think you pay as you go. What a fool I was thinking I wouldn't pay for incoming calls. I come from Europe and have also been to the UK, Australia and New Zealand and I never ever in my life paid for incoming calls! Also, you have to pay per minute ON THE TOP of the price for your prepaid plan. That's absolutely ridiculous!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE SCAMMERS as they just tell you something, you are going to get something else.

I have called Bell technical services on 5 occasions and requested a new remote for my TV. It has been 2 months now and I still did not receive the remote. However, Bell charged me for the remote, within days, and I have been waiting for 2 months now. I have called Bell 5 times within the last 2 months. All I get is apologies and promises that the issue will be fixed. I am still waiting and see no resolution in sight. I have not been able to change channels on the tv and can only turn on and off with very limited use. Incredible how a company such as Bell can operate like this and still charge clients so much. If it does not get resolved by the end of this week, I will cancel all my services (phone, tv, internet and mobile) and will go to Rogers. I am not sure why I ever left Rogers.

I was using Bell mobile and Bell internet since two years. I went out of country for two months. I already called them to put my line on temporary suspension and for that one I have proof too. But they did my PH line permanently suspension... and they sent my two-month bill to collection... and they charged me liability and all other stuff. It's worst company ever I seen. I never recommend to Bell other people... it's worst company... it's really upsetting for me... and I paid around $1200 for two months...

Listen, I can give you my sob story but it doesn't even matter. If I were you I'd save yourself the never ending harassment and terrible customer service and go someplace else... Bell will drain you emotionally by constantly calling you creating issues that they will not ever actually resolve. Overcharges out of nowhere will appear on your account and won't go away even after long 3 hour arguments trying to figure out why you are being charged... just ** Bell, seriously.

This is the worst company in Canada. They are there to cheat people and the support is the horrible one ever. My Service was suspended, then I call Bell to fix the issue. They promised my service was restored, in about 2 hours. After 3 hours I call back to tech support and what happen? The person who took my call told me my service only will be restored in 24hrs.

Then I was asked the person who got my call, she said "They don't know how long this will take for to restore the service". Another annoying thing is, they never will provide the internet speed they promised. I have called the tech support so many times and they never found the problem. So I will cancel the service with this Garbage and back to Rogers.

I am very disappointed with Bell Canada because my monthly bill keeps on changing. On September 2016, I negotiated with a Bell Agent for the Bell Bundle pack, which includes Internet, TV and Landline. We agreed that for one year (until October 2017) the rate would not change. At the time, I had a choice to either go with Bell or Videotron (both offered competitive deals) however since Bell agent wanted the business he offered me a slightly better fixed price and a one-year price guarantee. Therefore I decided to go ahead with BELL Canada.

Unfortunately now, this isn’t the case, my monthly price keeps on changing. In December 2016, (2 months later) my rate was increased by $14.90. On January 2017, I called to adjust my bill to the one year agreed fixed price and the Bell agent did so; he respected the promised price which was great. However two months later (March 2017) the rate increase again by $10 for the month of February and March 2017. I called today and the Bell Agent told me there’s a price increase. Therefore there is nothing he can do and that even with the increase I still have a GOOD DEAL. This is not the point whether I have a good deal or not! My original quoted price was for one year and it should be respected as promised. My budget was set for the year and it’s unfair to change the rate.

This price change seems to be a common problem at Bell Canada. Prices that are negotiated never remain as agreed. I see from others complaints and I’ve also faced the same problem with my mom Bell Canada bills- every 2-3 months price changes and I need to call to make the corrections. Today the BELL agent is not willing to respect my quoted ONE YEAR price. I am very disappointed and frustrated to see such fluctuation in billing, it's not right!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I signed a Bell Bundle contract including Internet, TV and Home phone services. The service started in July last year. In February I found the bill increased, and they told me it was because the Bell price change. OK, I told them to cancel all the services. Then they forwarded my call to loyalty customer department. The representative promised that they would cancel TV and home phone services which I didn't need any more, and upgrade the Internet to Fibe 50 (previously 25) WITHOUT EXTRA FEE. We agreed that a cancellation fee would apply. I asked for a confirmation email but they had never sent one. Today I saw the new bill: TV: remained, Home phone: remained, Internet, upgraded to Fibe 50 WITH EXTRA FEE. I am calm. I will cancel the services, without negotiation. I will spread the experience to all the people I know. ** you, Bell!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.
  • Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.
  • Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.
  • Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.
  • Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.
  • Best for Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Compare Home Phone Service