Bell Canada

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Worst company to deal with. I call previous to cancel and ask for a final bill, they give an amount. After I pay the half, they sent me another bill with double of the first amount. How is possible then in Canada there is no protection for consumers. Is ridiculous that this kind of company operate and robbed all customers, paying a really high rates on top. They just add and add services charges then doesn't exist and get away with that... I prefer to go to collection than pay this bastards anything!!! Welcome to Canada!!

Agreed on the phone to a two year fixed price with Bell Canada that included home phone, internet, tv and mobile. About 8 months after installation, they raised my rate by $10.00 per month (even though they had told me that the price was fixed for two years). Sixteen months into the two years, I cancelled all services except my mobile phone, and then they charged me a $75.00 disconnection fee, which I was also taxed on (thank you Ontario liberals!). I asked them what service the $75.00 was for, and they said it was a penalty for ending the service before the two year contract was up. I told them that I never signed a two year contract, so I would like to see it. They told me that I would have been "verbally told". These people (Bell) are nothing short of criminal scam artists. I truly hope that technology improves to the point where they have REAL competition, because no one I know can stand them!

Last year I was helping my elderly German friends (She is 88m. He is 93.) to order Bell TV and home phone. Their daughter lives in Germany so we were looking for a long distance plan. There was a very polite customer service rep, he even knew some German, and he set them up with a 3c per minute plan. Each time when the make a call, after dialing the number there is a message “3c per minute for this call”. We visited them on Wednesday (March 15, 2017), she showed me her Bell bill from last month. I didn’t believe what I saw; long distance charges to Germany from 4c per minute up to 8c per minute. We called Bell customer support. I was told that they don’t have any long distance plan to Germany!! And one more thing; you are showing savings of over $1400 for long distance calls in Ontario. IS THIS A JOKE??? This is taking advantage of elderly people. THANK YOU BELL!

I had Bell when I lived up north and it was fine. However, I recently moved and thought that the service would remain the same. It has been awful! The tv and internet kept going out and tech people had to keep coming to my place. I'm renting and a modem was already installed but I was told that I would get charged for it... I called several times politely saying that my internet and tv kept going out. The people that answered were incredibly rude and proceeded to blame me over the phone saying that I had said that their tech people were incompetent. I had said nothing of the sort. I decided to cancel my service and the man on the phone kept trying to convince me to stay. I repeatedly said politely that I wanted to cancel, but he went back and forth with me for almost an hour! When he finally gave up, I heard him say, "Fine, I'll get a cancellation number." He slammed down the phone and I could hear people chatting in the background.

I was then told to return everything including the modem that was already here when I moved in or I would have to pay for it. I received the return labels only a few days before it was expected back to them. It's been several months since I cancelled and I just got a bill from them today for over $100! I'm so disappointed because I had had a fairly good experience with them in the past. The rude people on the phone was a huge turn off, and I wouldn't recommend them in southern Ontario.

I called to get a balance on an old account so that I could pay it off. When I spoke to the finance department I realized that someone had been using my information to have cable. They told me that they couldn't give me any of the information regarding the account even though I could answer all of the security questions... except for the address... because it's not my address... It's someone else. I asked him to cancel the account immediately and he became frustrated with me and told me he couldn't help me. If I hadn't called I would have never known about this. They should be asking for ID with EVERYONE who gets services with them! Would not recommend this company to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Bell calls me and bothers me all the time when they want put me additional services. However, If you are calling to solve a complain they do not answer. Once they trick you into putting you a service, they do not answer trying to make you have their products by force. I don't recommend this company. I was a loyal customer for a number of years but every time they supposedly do mistakes and if you don't realize it is at your expense. I am cancelling my services and I won't rehire any service with them in my lifetime. They offered me a promotion, once they put me the service, they sent me a contract that I never requested or agreed. Then, it is just impossible to get a hold of them to remove the services. They want to keep me being their customer by force. I requested to eliminate my services and they are just not doing so charging me unfairly.

Exactly one week ago today I called Bell as my satellite programming, was going to be increased $20 next billing cycle. I was informed that my plan was a Genesis plan and that they wanted all consumers to be on one of the following, GOOD, BETTER or BEST plans. After discussing with the agent I changed to the BEST plan as my price would only increase 0.95 cents per month vs $20 (that's a no brainer choice) That was when all my problems occurred, Bell sends the signal to my 6 receivers to change the programming which was giving me 3 more channels. All of my receivers were missing channels and a lot of channels in red after waiting 24 hours. I have spent 7 days and over 13 hours with SEVERAL technicians to absolutely no avail! I have been promised callbacks to absolutely no avail! I have been informed that a Case Manager will call me back 4 different times, to no avail!!!

Seriously, over 13 hours of my time and 7 full days and my receivers are still not functioning properly and Bell REFUSES to resolve my issue. I own all of my equipment except for 1 receiver so I will be out the $$. I have spoken to technicians, representatives and supervisors from 6 different provinces as well as an individual from the Philippines. Not one individual is consistent with information and then I also have to explain each time what has happened, what has been tried and what my status is. They truly do not give a ** as I am still without all my programming. They get paid to answer the phone but I don't get paid to listen to their ** excuses. CONSUMER ALERT... BEWARE OF WHAT PLAN YOU UPGRADE TOO AS BELL WILL NOT GIVE YOU TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE!!!

I will start off with Bell is my only option for Internet service in my location. For the last 5 years I have paid for their high-speed service only to get slower than dial-up. If we are lucky enough on a particular day I can check my email. In the 5 years we have made over 50 phone calls to Bell, over 6 modems have been replaced, 12+ times a service tech has checked the lines only to have them say, "your service is fine"!!! Well during one of the service tech visits I squeezed out of the person what the real problem was, only to be informed that it's the line that runs down my road and Bell will not replace it because of the limited amount of customers it serves. So let's see here... I pay good money for a service Bell provides, yet I get no service!! Is this not FRAUD!!!

Very disappointed when I received my bill changed to new Net price. Six months ago I signed up for 2 years for $97.90/month (total+tax=$106) but was surprised this month that it was changed and increased to $105.90 (total+tax=$124+). Called the hotline but customer service advised that it was included in the contract. This is not acceptable and uncalled practices. This should apply to new customer not on old and existing customer who has still existing contract.

It is rather interesting that (to the best of my knowledge) Bell Canada did not inform their customers that their phone services will be seriously affected by a "cable problem". Our area (North York, but I am not sure what are the exact boundaries) does not have ANY phone services since Tuesday February 28. Operators at the Bell Customer Service phone-in cannot give any other information except: cable problem & they are working on it. Our small business, as I am sure many other businesses, are seriously affected, not to speak our premises' alarm which we also cannot activate.

While mishaps can occur the complete disregard by Bell Canada to let their customers know when they can reasonably expect the restoration of the phone services is, I believe, not asking too much. It is a terrible company which for now to me obvious reasons make it very difficult to contact them in any other way except by calling their overseas Call Centre populated with people who are trained to be very polite (to the point of exasperation) and who can, no fault of their own, give stock answers only. Will cancel my account ASAP and will advise everybody to do the same.

I am having a hard time with the Bell employees. I am killing too much of my time and believe that the worst of what kills the big company name. I am being in real estate for 21 years and recently I opened my real estate brokerage in the best area of downtown Mississauga and do a good referral to this company but with my personal experience, things are changing and the quality of the customer service you have recently went so down. Last call to Bell customer service took more than 3 hours between 3 agents, from 1 to another and I have to tell the same story.

Seems it is a policy not to solve customer problems and people are fed up and pay. I did many changes and cancellation and seems the experience of the people who are there and null, getting apologizes, that not a matter, what is really a matter, my time, I do not want to spend my time on the phone, and here is the problem and hope you will look at it. I was chatting with Vanida today and had intention to change my service with Bell and advised me to send a message. My account with Bell is a real mess.

Bell guaranteed me a price for 1 year and at 8 months I changed my rate on my bill. I'm trying to get in touch with them... I've been on the line for more than an hour, I cooked and at dinner I'm still waiting for some agent to answer me. Of course, with this customer service, I do not want to have anything else with the campaign. Terrible customer service!

I am so frustrated that I am willing to pay someone to write reviews for them all over the place to make everyone aware how pathetic Bell Canada is. My phone has been disconnected because I hadn't return a replacement phone which I completely understand. I returned the phone the day they called me and it has been 3 weeks but my phone is still suspended. When I called them I had to speak to spend 2 hours but no valid reason. I spent another 1 hour and 45 minutes and they still can't explain as they transferred me to 8 different people. Finally I called the next day and spent 2 more hours and was told that it will take 1 to 2 billing cycle to reactivate my phone. I asked "what does it mean by 1 to 2 billing cycle", they go "it means billing cycle". Finally they said "yes it takes 1 to 2 months for your services to be back on." This is an excellent way to lose a customer.

Your first call will always be routed to Philippines, Manila. I am not trying to be racist but these guys are by the book and read their annoying script over and over and has absolutely no authority. They won't be able to give you a credit of $50 if you really push them. If you ask to speak to a supervisor, it would be the same sloppy service. They have no idea about anything and will repeat everything the last agent told you. This is by design so you hung up and carry on with your life. If you ask them to transfer to customer relations, they won't transfer because according to them they don't have any ability to transfer calls.

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. My spouse has Fido and yes there are some ups and downs but at least they acknowledge what you have to say and try their best to assist you. Then the 3rd level is customer solutions. These folks have the ability to give you credit up to 100. That is you have spent at least 60 minutes on the phone. So finally contacted Bell Escalations Team. These guys are tough but if you hold your ground you may get somewhere. Their phone number is 1-866-317-3382. Call these guys if you want to dispute about a bill or if you want your services restored. My contract ends next month and I am cancelling my services. They are bunch of thieves.

Bell sales team called me to upgrade to Fibe last September. They said I would pay 111 taxes in for a year but they raised it to 124 in February. So I called was put on hold then told somebody was going to call me back with the recording of the conversation. Needless to say they are gutless cowards and never called. I have seen others on here that are in the same boat and I would join any class action lawsuit.

Even, if it is possible to rate zero I would love to do that... I have a great story if you have a time please read before get anything from Bell. On September I changed my plan from personal to small business... I didn't know that it also changed my account information. After 2 weeks I wasn't happy with bell so I changed my cell company. Therefore I received final bill from bell and paid personal account (401.08$) that was the biggest one of the mistakes in my life. I should have paid business... So I think that's done:)) After 2 week, bell called me and claimed that I didn't pay final bill which was on October. After long talked, finally figured out. I was supposed to received refund money and I was planning to pay the business account. October, November, December more than 6 talked with bell unfortunately I didn't receive any refund.

So bell called my friend (not me) claim to give collection agent. Anyway I paid another 404,79 $ to my business account on January 3rd. I talked the customer service for refund January 3, January 14, February 4, February 13 and February 15... So here I am... Last customer service claim that I got paid:))) until Jan 3. I have record phone conversations. I have a bank statement that I paid 401.08$ and 404.79$ twice time:(( Also I have personal bank statement TD shows that every months my information which is there is not 401.08$... (from September 2016) I have been waiting more than 4 months to get my refund... It makes me really uncomfortable... On Monday, I will for sure talk my friends to find the right person and community to help me... Just think one more time with bell please...

Have been with them, for over ten years and I can tell you they treat you like crap. While I was paying over 150$/month also the billing system is the actually the worst most complicated bills I have ever seen! It's probably done on purpose! I would never recommend to go with this company.

Bell Canada guaranteed me a price of $129.33 for 2 years from May 2016. It is now less than a year later February 2017 and they are raising my rates. There is no such thing as a guaranteed 2-year price from Bell. Even though they are still advertising 2-year guaranteed prices. Misleading advertising is illegal in Canada an individual can be fine up to $750,000 and a corporation $10,000,000. I am looking for other people in this situation to file a class action suit.

I have been with Bell for what feels like forever and was always satisfied until yesterday when I needed my home phone canceled I have a call. It took over 15 minutes to cancel. I had 20 questions to answer before I did it. They said to me "well emergency service people recommend you to keep a land line and bla bla bla". I said "Dentist recommend using CREST but you don't see me jumping to buy crest"... After his annoying questions I said "just ** cancel my land line why do you need to ask all these dumb questions. Do you want my bra size too and how much I make a month and where I go to buy my coffee. What is wrong with you". I finally hung up.

He calls back "I see we got disconnected". "No buddy I hung up on you cause you're really starting to annoy me". Today I canceled my internet and when my cell contract comes up next January it's BUH BYE Bell. I'm so sick of their attitude and false promises then you get your bill and well what do you know it seems to be going up every months. Hey Bell stop ripping people off and ask dumb questions let the customer cancel their service with you without having to tell you your bra size etc... stupid questions.

We signed up for Bell Fibe (tv cable) services in January 2016. We bundled the service with our home phone and internet. We had continuous problems with the TV service. Poor picture quality, pixelation, interrupted service and the service would shut down for hours 2-3 times a week. The internet service was intermittent and we would have no service for days at a time. It should be noted that we never had any problems with our previous provider, Cogeco. Over the course of 8 months I made 12 calls for service. A technician was sent to our home 5 times and they were unable to fix the issues. We were advised that Bell Fibe is a fibre optic based system and the infrastructure in our neighborhood is unable to support the service.

In October 2016 we canceled the service. In January 2017 I received an invoice from Bell for $150 plus tax as a deactivation fee. I phoned them and after being on hold for a lengthy period of time, I was advised to disregard the bill. In February I received another invoice for the same amount. Again I called and after being on hold for 15 minutes I was advised that my invoice would be adjusted to reflect that $113 would be waived and I would receive an invoice in March for the outstanding $37 plus tax. I was instructed to call back in March to request that the remaining $37 be waived.

It seems to me to be a complete waste of my time (and their customer service dept) to have me call back 3 times for one invoice. Their service clearly was unsuitable for my neighborhood and caused me and my family great inconvenience during the time we used their services. They continue to cause me inconvenience with their invoicing errors and practices. I urge anyone considering switching to Bell Fibe to do some research to ensure the system is viable in your area and to be prepared for continuous billing issues.

For the past 5 days I've called constantly inquiring the status of my modem replacement. I was told over and over again that they couldn't provide tracking for the modem from Canada post which is bogus. With rude and vulgar language provided by their customer service reps, they told me it would take 5 business days. Today Feb 3 is the fifth day and still no internet service. It hasn't even been sent out yet. I'm a paying customer and they're flawed service and hardware (that I only had a year). Bell wants me to pay for. Bell advertises Best customer service in Canada. I beg to differ.

Very bad, not honest at all, every month I get a different amount on my bill, I have agreed with the rep over the phone to pay 114 total each month before taxes for a bundle (home phone + internet + television Fibe basic), and now they charge me over 200 CAD, I am wondering why? I already set a pre-authorization for my checking account and they took the money. I am out of budget now because of Bell, I will switch to other provider, maybe Videotron. I will spread it on all website, and I will write reviews everyday, I will contact OPC and BBB.

I wish I could give them zero stars instead of one. They stole over $1000 from my in-laws, taking advantage of the fact they can't speak English. I had to spend over ten hours on the phone with them before they removed most of the unnecessary fees and charges. They are liars and thieves. The only good thing they've done is #BellLetsTalk. And they probably only do that for their own publicity and not for the cause, because they have no heart.

What a terrible experience. I simply asked for a paper bill to be sent to me at the beginning of my term just one month ago. Since then, no bill, just a disconnected phone. I call them to ask why cut my phone off and they claim that I now owe for two months of service. I asked to make payment arrangements, and they say that the account will be reactive when they receive payment. How can you pay your bill when you haven't received one? They left me with no choice but to bring my business to a carrier. What a bunch of winners.

I am a senior citizen and most times find it difficult to hear and understand Bell Canada reps. When speaking to a rep., I can often hear chatter in the background. On one occasion I heard a man continuously yelling in the background. Bell reps. should have no accents whatsoever and should understand the Canadian way of life when dealing with Canadians. Today I phoned to cancel my Bell service as I am moving. The rep. kept on telling me that he could cancel my TV and computer service tomorrow and could cancel my phone on the day I move??? Where did that come from???

I got so frustrated that I hung up the phone and tried again. Again, the rep. had an accent. I asked to speak to someone who spoke English well. He would not give me someone else... probably because there was no one else. He actually did speak much clearer and seemed to have a better understanding of what I wanted to do... alas... he was from the billing department and wanted to transfer me. Bell Canada how frustrating can you get???

My wife bought a phone for emergencies and used as a pay as you go. Bell would always call with a message telling her when she was at a dollar or less. After not having it activated for a few months she was down to the store today to have it activated. The clerk at Bell went in the system and it would not allow him into the account. He called the so-called customer service and handed the phone to my wife. First off the guy on the other end was rude as hell and told her that she was taken out of the system for not having topped up for a few prior months. Also if she wanted it activated again she would have to buy a new phone and sim card. No notice of any cancellations or anything only when the account was at $1 or less.

So she called again when we got home and got another bull story. The supervisor she wanted to talk with told her they upgraded the system 2 weeks ago and her phone would have been no good anyway. A lot of people don't realize that they also put locks on your phone and to switch providers there is a fee to unlock it. We also found out $200 in charges later if you call a long distance number and get a busy signal or no answer they charge you for dialing the number. Bell will no longer be part of anyone in my family. My sons are switching and getting lower rates with more data. Bell are simply money hungry crooks with no concern or care for their customer.

Last year in July 2016 I moved to Toronto from Vancouver. I needed a small speaker. When I walked into The Source the salesman just wanted to talk about their awesome promotions. They told me that Bell had purchased The Source and was offering great deals. When I told them I don't want the products I was informed I could cancel anytime.

My nightmare began in August 2016 when I tried to cancel some parts of the services. I went in person, I phoned for days on end, I escalated my case on the Bell website. Yesterday I figured Bell was billing me for a cell phone number I do not have. I have a heart condition that needs attention. I do not have the time or energy to deal with this endless problem. I regret the moment I walked into the Source. I am deeply disturbed and depressed by Bell's service. I cannot afford this situation financially or mentally. I wish to sue Bell.

Seriously, people should stop dealing with Bell. We were Bell customers for over 3 decades - they had all our business - home phone, TV, Internet, Mobile. The last year of dealing with them after a move was horrible to the point where they only now have our home phone and mobile. Mobile because we are on a contract with them and when those 2 years are up, sayonara. We will get rid of the home phone because these days, who needs it. They need to get their act together. By November this year, we had had enough of crappy service that we decided to look elsewhere for service. They just do not support this area in Eastern Ontario well at all. I requested they cancel my service as of November 25 and was looking at TV in the early morning on November 23rd, when everything was cut.

I called and spoke to their Loyalty (!!) department, who could only offer an apology. Told them the other company was coming that day to install my new service, so don't bother trying to reconnect me and to make sure my bill reflected the difference in when my service ended. That's when the tech on the phone tried his best to tell me all the things this new company did not/could not offer. I told him he was too late, that his Loyalty department knew we were moving to a different company and they should have had us talk to him at that point, not the day of the installation. I thought it was bad form to speak badly of their competition because we were cancelling service. They used to send boxes and packing material for the return of their equipment, now they expect you to find boxes and pack the equipment properly, or you are liable for damage.

The woman on the phone told me I needed to wait for my final billing, said it would have an F on it to indicate it is the final bill (maybe she thought I was senile because I am retired). At this point, I think it is indicative of a word I would use to describe the company and the way they do business. I paid what I thought was the final bill, and lo and behold, my next bill came, and I am being charged for TV service for a month since the service was cut off and cancelled. I called, explained the situation, and the man on the phone said it was an error. He saw from my account records that I had cancelled and that I should just deduct that amount from my payment. That it was a billing error. So I did that, and here the next month, they send me an invoice to let me know I still owed that amount. I was livid!

Even though I had letters sent via mail with postage paid labels to return their equipment, dated November 23, 2016, someone in billing obviously didn't look at the information and adjust the account information accordingly. So yet again, I had to call to ensure they corrected the information. In looking at the number of BAD reviews Bell Canada has, a lot of it is from charging people for stuff they didn't need to pay. You have to really go through the bill with a fine tooth comb because these people will rob you blind. I am not sure if the other companies out there are as bad, but maybe they deserve a chance, as Bell had all my business and they royally screwed up and no longer seemed to care about my business.

These are the people who want to Delight you - their customers. What a farce! I am definitely not a delighted customer after 30+ years of dealing with them. The service from this new company is far superior to what we had with Bell. There are other companies out there who deserve a chance and people need to wake up and make Bell earn your business. Maybe then the company will realize it needs to improve the way they treat their customers. Like most other people, I gave them one star because something was required.

I went to the Bell store at Southcentre mall in Calgary after I lost my phone. I had it blocked by calling the Solomobile line and wanted to get it back online. The Store clerk blatantly lied to me that this was not possible and I would have to migrate to (a much more expensive contract with) Bell. The reason she gave was that Solo does not exist anymore and My phones would stop working on January the 31st anyway. I had to stop her right away and she seemed very angry that I would not take her word for it so I retrieved my phone and left the shop.

When I got home, I called Solo who put the phone back on line and assured me that they did indeed exist and no changes to my contract were required. Either the store clerk was poorly trained or misinformed or she was blatantly lying to me. Whatever it was this is the worst kind of customer service I have ever encountered. To make it worse, unless you are a Bell customer, there is no way to complain to them directly.

I don't give any reviews at all, but just to let consumers know that before you choose Bell as your cellular network, rethink again. We are four in the family, my husband and I and our two kids, all of us are with Bell for the last 8 years with postpaid plans. My husband and my 2-year contract ended and we were asking what offer they could give loyal customers like us. They said they don't offer people anything except the upfront postpaid plans. That was such a waste of 8 years and thousands of dollars. We buy our phones from them and pay the plans on top of it. The service agents were even arrogant almost like saying they don't need us. They have thousands of subscribers and it wouldn't matter anyway if they lose four loyal customers. Please, for the love of God, stay away from Bell. (We had to take our business elsewhere. And not only did the competitor met our expectations, they even exceeded them.)

In October I received a call from a Bell representative offering to upgrade my internet connection from Fibe 25 to Fibe 50 at no additional cost. I asked if this was a short term promotion, and how much my bill would increase after it was over. I was told it was not a short term deal, that my bill would not increase in a few months. So I accepted. Bill for November came in and increased by $17.00. Called Bell and after 45 minutes on the phone, had the bill reduced to what I was paying before. Problem solved. NOT! Bill for December comes in and it was increased by over $10.00. Call them again, but this time they tell me they can do nothing, the present amount is what I will have to pay. They say I must have misinterpreted the promotion. There was no misinterpretation on my part.

I asked specific questions and indicated I was not willing to pay more for extra GB's I would not use. I was assured there would not be any increase to my bill, and I would be receiving a faster internet speed for changing. I have now rolled my connection back to Fibe 25 and looking for a new IP service. This is the second time Bell has screwed me. At one time I had Fibe 10 with Bell, and one day decided to check the prices for increasing my service. Found out that Fibe 10 was no longer available from Bell, and the cost of Fibe 25 was cheaper than what I was paying at the time. No one from Bell advised me of this. For months I was paying for a service they no longer offered and at a price higher than the upgrade. I've been with Bell for a long time, but think it's time to shop around.

Compare Home Phone Service