2.77/5

830 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2019

I see a lot of bad reviews about Bell Canada and in my experience if you're rude and demand things over the phone you will usually get free credits but they will take their time reconnecting you. If you are respectful and polite on the phone and understand that it isn't the technician's fault that your services aren't working then 9 times out of 10 they will do everything in their power to get you hooked up again. After getting connected to a 2nd tier Bell technician we realized it was my fault the services weren't working, I had the wrong power adapter plugged in but all was good. We laughed and life went on. So to anyone having problems with Bell services, just remember that it goes a long way to be nice and calm. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Thank you to Bell Canada employee Terry **. She conducted business with me in a very professional manner. Informed and polite. She help me with my billing issue and is a credit to Bell Canada in the way she exhibited her duties.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have been using Bell cellphone service for 3 years. I have been very happy with the service. I won't say never had problems or mistakes but they get resolved right away. I moved to Ontario from Saskatchewan and from Ontario to Newfoundland in last 3 years. I had Bell service with me all the time. I would like to mention that when I was on ferry in the middle of the sea, I had Bell network on my phone. Now in NF I wanted to add internet home service. I read so many horrible reviews about the internet installation and tech etc, I still went ahead and booked the service. One more time with Bell, the amazing experience. The tech was on time, called me before he arrived and perfect. Got all done and connected.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Getting fake messages that I have reached 95% of my data and it was only 1/3 used. I am commercial driver and have to stop my truck and checked that but it was only 1/3 used and I called customer service representative 'Jason' and he said, "That's okay. It was glitch." Why do we pay for data to check their fake messages and Jason was rude for that and asked to go for another company.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I got my home internet and FIBE TV from Bell. When I moved to my new apartment they couldn't offer the same price and they even made me pay more. My monthly fee increased from 60 to 150. The lady never explained me I am going to have contract with Bell. The previous one was without contract, and when I wanted to cancel they told me there are a cancellation fee of 150. There is no way that I would recommend Bell to any of my friend. Go with Fido or Rogers or any other one who care more about their customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: June 19, 2019

I usually have good customer service at Bell. The rep. name is Antony and his employee code is **. I am a long time Bell Customer and I called to unlock my Bell device I recently purchase at Bell. He said there is no unlock code. And I asked him to transfer me to someone else maybe manager. Because he seemed like he had 0 knowledge about the device and tech service. He said he doesn't have a manager. And he is not allowed to transfer call... Hahahha I just wasted 15 mins. talking to this Anthony person. Does Bell have any standards of knowledge when they hire someone?. Seriously. He said there is no unlock code for device I purchased from Bell and I just can't use the phone?? I called 2nd time and some lady answered. Everything worked out in 2 mins. Just ruined my day Anthony.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Since the last 4.5 years, I was with Bell and in 2017 December I completed my contract with a Bell. One of the assistants gave me a false deal and told me that being a loyal customer I am eligible to get the 55$ deal and get free iPhone 5se with 2GB data. Being a student I told him honestly that I could not pay more and made sure this is the plan and will pay for two years. I was happy with 2GB data and 55$ per month. However, when I saw my bill it was 61$ without any data and I was in contract for 2 years.

When I called Bell customer service they were like there wasn't any plan for 55$ which gives you data and if I need data I have to pay 25$ more for each month. I literally cried but they never helped me and even I requested them that I need to listen to that call and they never answered me. I hate Bell service and will never recommend Bell to anyone. Please never believe them. Even I have more issues they do not know why I got charged and they transferred me to 7 times and was on phone for 3 hours. Still, I am proud of me that I did not lose my temper. End of the story they could not help me.

Original review: June 16, 2019

First I applied through online for Bell Mobility services for two phone line with two new devices. My order was processed and I was advised to pick up my set from store, located at Scarborough Town Center, Toronto, Ontario. I went to pick up my devices. The store associate gave me better offer and created a new order. The order was not approved by security right away and advised that there is a wait time for four hours. I was advised to go back next day. I went next day, again they contacted security department, security dept advised that there is another wait time for another four hours. Both days, security dept rep talked to me and clarified my details. After my third unsuccessful visit, the security rep called me and advised that everything is good. I then got a call from Bell customer service confirming that everything is fine and once I go to store, it should be done quickly.

When I went to store, the store associate was not cooperative at all, demonstrating a very bad attitude, asked me to wait. When I asked how long should I wait, his response was, "I don't know." I asked, "Is there anyone else who can help me". He was silent. After 30 minutes, I talked to store manager and he advised that, "Sorry we don't have the device that you want" while two days before the store associate promised that my devices and plan will be kept on hold and as soon as security clearance is received, I should be fine to get the device and service immediately. I was little upset, however, store associate and store manager were careless about me and my feelings. I called Bell Contact Center that is located in India, they were pretty much robot and did not provide me any escalation number. I contact via chat line and asked for escalation contact, they also declined that there is no escalation number.

I do not know or understand how Bell Canada is committed for customer service and how customer issue would be resolved. Can't imagine more worse customer service model. As a new potential customer, intended to transfer two phone lines from other service provider. If I am treated this way, I feel sorry for existing customer as how they are treated when needed. I can only conclude that Bell Customer Service is much worse than a customer may think when needed most. I highly recommend to any potential customer to think twice before becoming Bell customer. Bell is not cheap, not about the price but service.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Bell is doing **. I am their regular customer and I pay my bills regularly. I was watching raptors NBA finals from Bell Fibe TV app and their tv service got interrupted during last 10 minutes of the game. I missed the history moments, which Toronto winning the cup. Their service also interrupted many times before. In my suggestion don't go for these guys. There are many other companies giving quality service for cheaper money.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was done with my 24 months contract on March '19 and I got a call from Loyalty team of Bell and asked me to extend my contract. My requirement was I was living in SK before now I moved to ON, so I am in need of ON number and explained the same to him. He said after receiving the phone I can call the Customer care and change the number with a one time fee of 35CAD. I was super happy and accepted the offer with 55CAD per month.

And I received the phone on 11-March and when I called 12-March to change the number, Customer care told me, the whole plan changes from $55 to $75. I was very upset and requested to cancel the line and returned the phone on 13-March. I do have the Canada post receipt which says the phone reached warehouse on 16-March. But I started getting this 55CAD and $35 as installation charges in my March bill. I called the customer care and they said it will be reverted by next bill. Also my old phone is still active, I called again after a week to inform Bell to cancel the line and revert my charges. Which eventually didn't happen.

Again on 17-April my bill showed up another $55CAD; Again I called and I argued, "What is this happening?" The CCare said it will be cleared in next month bill and the closing the issue takes 60 days. Again I Got the $55 in May bill. When I asked them they cancelled the line on 13-June and didn't reverted the charges. I am charged with $202.82 Plus Taxes.

Now the Bell is saying you were using the phone all these months so you need to pay. I called Bell not less than 20 times in these 3 months and no one told me either to switch off or do something to escape the bill. I am super Upset now. They are the most [b]disloyal Team working in Bell.[/b]. How Bell says they are loyal to customers by grabbing money from customers like this. Please guide me how to get my money back.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Bell Canada. What a completely useless, joke of a company. That is really all anyone contemplating using their services needs to know. If that’s you don’t do it. Seriously -- not a good move my friend. The full details of my incredibly frustrating journey with these morons makes for a very long story, so if you are the person who doesn’t want to read the whole thing, no worries at all. Just focus on that opening statement but for those of you who like a good read, here you go.

With 8 days left in my billing cycle, on April 22nd 2019 (Yes Easter Monday) I was sitting at my desk at work. This is first thing on my Monday morning at approximately 9:45am (MST). I receive a text notification that I have used 95% of my data. My plan includes 12GB of data. I had been on that plan for a year, and with the same iPhone X when I first signed up with Bell. In the entire time I have been with them, I have never used more than 8GB (My normal month was around 6GB) of that 12GB plan in any cycle.

4 minutes after receiving the 95% notification (9:49am), I received a second notification. This one saying I was now $50 into overage charges and my data had been shut off. I open up my Bell app and take a look. It shows I was at 6.24GB/12GB. I call Bell Customer Service and talk to a fella named Steven. Steven confirms that what I am seeing in my app is accurate, and that he too sees 6.24GB used so far. He tells me they have no record of any notifications going out to me, and that it must be a glitch in their system. He let me know all is good and not to worry about it. He reactivated my data. I gave a sigh of relief, thanked him and carried on with my morning....

Approximately 1 hour after hanging up with Steven, I receive another text notification stating that I am now at $150 in overage charges. A few minutes later, $250 over. I open up the Bell app, and it now shows that I am more than 1GB over my plan limit. It is now saying I have used 13.38GB/12GB, so I call again. I explain to the rep (I can't recall her name, I was driving at the time) that I had received the notifications earlier, and spoke with Steve who had cleared up my concerns and assured me all is well, etc. She begins to get a very condescending tone with me and tells me I am indeed showing over my limit for the month, and that the reason Steve must not have seen it is because there is a 4-6 hour delay in the reporting for the data in their system.

She explains however that the 7GB+ of data that pushed me over my limit for the month was actually used the day before (Sunday). I asked her how that is possible since I received the warning that I was at 95% this morning and that an hour before speaking with her it was showing 6.24GB and she just repeated that there is a 4-6 hour delay on the reporting (Which would still be Monday morning). She has no answer and just tells me again I am over my limit and that one of my apps must be using data in the background. She then takes me through some basic troubleshooting. She tells me my Wi-Fi boost must be the cause, and to turn it off.

I explain that it has been on since I have owned the phone, I haven't downloaded any new apps, and my last app to update was 2 days prior. I haven't changed my habits, I wasn't binge watching HD Youtube videos for hours on end, that I was connected to Wi-Fi while at home with my family Sunday eating Easter dinner and let her know that if she takes a look at my usage history, this is WAY out of the normal range for me.

I don't think I could use that much data if I was trying! Instead of listening to me, she just repeats that something must be eating the data in the background, and my only options are to pay the overage charges or add 3GB of data for $50 to my account to avoid going that route. I told her I suppose I have no choice then, and so she added the extra 3GB. I asked if my conversation with Steve would have been recorded and she says yes but it will take 24-48 hours to access it. I requested that they do that then and get back to me.

So another hour goes by and I receive yet another notification saying I am now approaching $500 in overage charges. I open up the Bell app, and it is still showing 13.38GB used. I make a 3rd phone call to Customer Service. I explain the story from the beginning and mention how baffled I am about what is happening. Susan now tells me that she can see I am over my limit and have now actually exceeded the extra 3GB that was added to my account! She tells me it was automatically topped up to an extra 10GB business plan (Cost is $80) and that over 19GB of my now 22GB total plan has been used!

Apparently while spending my morning on the phone with Bell reps trying to figure this out, I had somehow used another 6GB+ of data in the background. I told her I am now shutting my data off completely because I don't know what is going on. She takes me through the same basic troubleshooting as the rep before and advises that I take my phone to the local Bell store to have a rep there look at it and make sure there isn't anything that is using up all of my data.

Down at the Bell store, I talk to a very nice guy named Lairen and explain the entire story to him, right up to the point where I came into the store. He mentions some of the same troubleshooting things as the reps on the phone and goes through my device looking for something that might be causing my issue. He fully acknowledges that the amount of data they are saying is being used is A LOT and would be very hard to use in that period of time. He also looks back at my usage history and agrees that this is way out of the ordinary for my usage and that he is doubtful I woke up one day and decided to burn through that kind of data and then be spending my entire Monday talking to reps about it. FINALLY SOMEONE WITH LOGICAL THINKING. He resets my Network settings on the phone and does a soft reset as well.

Lairen makes a call to another Customer Service rep and goes through the full story that I had explained to him and that there must be something wrong. The rep he spoke with agrees something must be going on either with the reading they are getting from the tower, or with the device itself. She tells me to please turn my data BACK ON and carry on using the phone for the next 24 hours, so that she can put a tracker on my usage and find out more about what is happening. She advises that she will give me a call the next day around the same time to give me further instruction and makes the promise that the overage charges that have accumulated will be taken care of until she has this chance to diagnose the issue. Lairen gets the reps employee number and writes it on a piece of paper for me. Again, I breathe a sigh of relief and thank her and Lairen for helping me out and being reasonable about the situation.

Tuesday comes and goes, with no phone call back. In the evening, I reset the usage stats on the iPhone so that I can see what it says I am using from that point on and paid for and downloaded 3 third party apps that track data. I wanted to compare what they said vs the Bell app. On Wednesday morning, the usage was at just over 21GB of the 22GB on my plan. Not as bad as the 6GB+ spikes 2 days in a row… but still 2GB used somehow while connected to Wi-Fi 90% of the time. I go back into the Bell Store and speak with Lairen again. I show him the tracking and how the 3 apps I downloaded, and the iPhone stats are showing less than half as much data being used as the Bell app is showing. He acknowledges that this too is very odd, and makes another phone call to a customer service rep.

He explains the entire story to this rep from the beginning and lets him know that I never heard back from the one that was supposed to call me back to help diagnose the issue. He provides her employee number. This rep explains that he will open another ticket, and to do the same thing that the last rep promised as well as have a Supervisor investigate what happened with the last ticket. Lairen shrugs and apologizes on behalf of Bell. He was also frustrated about the situation and how it wasn’t handled very well. He advised that I should reset my phone to factory settings when I get home and to keep my data off until the start of the next billing cycle to make sure I don’t go over again. So that evening, I spent more than an hour backing everything up and resetting the phone. No call received the next day… I left my data turned off until the end of the month when the cycle ended.

So, my bill arrives and on it is $280 in data overage charges. I call Bell Customer Service. I explain the situation to the rep who tells me she can’t see any notes on my file saying that the overage charges were going to be waived. She transfers me to a Supervisor. I explain what was going on and give him the employee number of the rep who made the promise to waive the charges. He reads back the notes from each of the now 6 different reps that have heard the story. Each of them simply wrote “I was aware of the overage charges on my account, and will be disputing them” THAT’S IT. No other details… none of the promises made, not the full story… just that.

I told the 19 year old Supervisor that the promise made by the rep was done on the phone while I was in the local Bell store and that Lairen was a witness to it. He tells me he has no way to contact Lairen… I told him I will go down there right now and have him call him back. Supervisor says he won’t be able to get him again when we call. I asked if there was a separate number or extension for him… He wouldn’t provide one. Back down to the Bell Store I go. I fill Lairen in on what was happening. He calls and explains to yet another rep what was going on. That rep transferred him to another Supervisor. Lairen explains the entire story to that Supervisor. That is now the 9th individual at Bell who has heard it.

The Supervisor said they can’t just throw money at the issue and hope it goes away… which is NOT what I was looking for. I simply wanted them to keep the promise that was made to me while the problem is diagnosed. I had already explained to them that if it turned out to be the device, I will replace it. Now Lairen is getting frustrated and tells the Supervisor that he doesn’t feel it’s fair that I would have to pay for the charges after being promised that I don’t have to worry about it. The Supervisor continued to repeat to Lairen that without proper notes on the file there was nothing he can do.

The next day, I get a call from a Tech Support guy at Bell who explains that there was a ticket on my file about a third party application not tracking data usage the same as the Bell Store app. As calmly as I was capable of being, I explained that was NOT the issue… and that he can go ahead and close the ticket because I won’t be with them much longer.

I have since cancelled my service with Bell, and paid out my device balance as well as the overages they screwed me over with. Bell has taken no action whatsoever to look into the phone call with the rep that made the promise, they have shown zero interest in finding out what the issue might have been, they have not followed up with me to ask why I left (Of course it should be obvious but apparently no one there takes any notes), they tell me they were unable to recover either of the recorded conversations I asked them to look into, and to top it all off… they charged my credit card the $476.08 final bill amount TWICE.

After ANOTHER call to Customer Service, they said the only way they can repay it is to send me a cheque now that my account has been terminated!!! Are you kidding me?!! So please… if you made it all the way through this story… take my advice and go with ANY other carrier other than Bell. Judging by the terrible reviews found everywhere online, I am not the only customer of theirs that has had to suffer through their extreme uselessness. Rant over.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Out of the blue I get a 550 error message - supposedly for spam abuse. Well, nothing has changed on my part as I communicate with my customers but something changed internally so people can't email me anymore and I have troubles sending out. Now what? Call support of course. Yikes - one easy convenient number takes you to the Philippines. The delay in transmission is awful. You sit and wait for a response for 5-10 seconds. The support staff have limited knowledge and sometimes are hard to understand. It would be not so bad if they knew what they were doing but add bad communication delays and hard to understand English and the support is less than stellar. Down-right sad is what it is.

So isn't Bell a Canadian company. Why are Canadians not being used for the support. Bottom line you say? Yes I expect that is it. It is cheaper to outsource support to another country. Well customer support is truly lacking in this company and I can't wait to terminate my account and find a Canadian company with Canadian support. Good bye Bell.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I tried to cancel my plan, because I no longer needed the service. They overcharged me for the cancelation, and once I tried to waive the fee, they reconnected me five times. In the end, the agent on the phone disconnected me because their offices were closing in a minute. I’m a student, and I really couldn’t afford to lose that money. I really do not recommend Bell, and I can easily say that they provide the worst customer service I’ve faced.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Worst Customer Experience with Bell Mobility. Horrible, never gonna be with this company. Worst customer representative, mostly call goes to Philippines, hard to understand what they say. Don’t understand what you say. Not helpful, weird thing is that they have some heavy accent supervisors, could be from Africa (assuming) very hard to understand what they say, also not helpful. Instead of resolving problem keep justifying the unjust charges. When I canceled their service, another person with heavy accent called me to get back. I was with another company already at that time. After I denied, they put extra charges in my cancelled account. When I called they were so cold, unkindly. Bell’s mobility Customer service is nightmares. Pls stay away from them. Made me so upset and disappointed!

Original review: June 8, 2019

First off it took Bell Canada at least a year to associate my phone number with my address. They had it confused with our old cottage and could not figure it out! Now out of nowhere after 2 years of having an invisible answering machine it has disappeared and they can’t tell me why. Patrick says he will figure it out and call me back in ten minutes, and 16 hours later I’m still waiting. Oh yeah and now the prompts don’t recognize my number! It is always incredibly hard to have anything rectified and now I’ll have to spend my Saturday trying to chase down the answer to my problem! It seems like they can’t get anything right!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I have been with Bell for 1 year. I knew it would only be 1 year and had a good deal so even if I heard complaints about them, I thought it couldn't be that bad. To be honest the installation was quick and the service worked. The problem was when I tried to cancel. Since I was moving, I told them to cancel on June 30. The lady wasn't that pushy and quickly did the order and explained to me the process to return the modem, all good.

1 day later, June 5, they canceled my service!? I called them and they surprisingly said was a mistake and all would be good in 15 minutes. 2 hours later, nothing. I call back and after explaining again, they say I got the wrong service. I ask if they can transfer me and they say yes, but before they try to sell me TV and mobile service, seriously? I was irritated by now. I said, "I'm not interested, please transfer me." They wouldn't until I gave him a valid reason why I wasn't interest other than "I don't want your ... services". So I hung up.

I called again and made sure to have the good service, after 45 minutes they say, "Well we can't do anything, a technician will need to come." So tomorrow a technician is supposed to come (will he?) and fix my connection (will he?). But I'm pretty sure I need to call back to order again my cancellation for June 30 and I'm pretty sure they'll send me the return letter for my modem for the wrong order of June 5 and I'll need to sort this out. Never again Bell. And the false letter that are ads every weeks are another thing... Never again Bell. Can't wait to never have to deal with them.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I manage a medical clinic. Our 3yr contract with Bell expires June 14. Today, June 7 Bell disconnected my phone lines, fax, and internet, a week earlier than this contract was set to expire. There had been confusion over whether we were renewing our contract, but instead of clarifying with us, Bell cut our service short. I spent 4 hours straight on the phone with at least 8 different agents in order to figure what happened. Billing told me that because our number was disconnected, I would have to create a new contract to retain my office numbers.

When I explained that we did not cancel this contract early, the agent was cavalier. The soonest a technician will come to install the new contract is June 11, half a week from now. This is the lag in service we get even though we did not cancel this service early. We are a medical office regularly triaging with the local hospital. Bell's predatory behavior will cost us patient care. How much does a patient's life cost to you Bell? Instead of taking accountability for your agents' mistakes and sending a technician asap to reinstate service, you show utter disregard for your customers and the services they provide. Small businesses, beware! Bell will cause you problems every few months but will have the audacity to continue charging you for services they do not provide! Go to another provider!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Bell has been a real problem for me. Unclear billing, consistent overage/extra charges, nothing inspiring about the brand or company vision that I can see or have been exposed to. I'm eagerly awaiting when I can move off Bell and onto a better solution (which there are very limited options). They seem to exist because no one can do it better, so they get to exist in a world of poor customer experience, poor product, poor offering, poor pricing model, and a poor brand.

The staff that I interact with (without exception for me) feel battle weary and very undelightful - like they're consistently talking with people who don't understand how their bill doubles one month over the next. Customer experience is clearly not an important part of Bell's corporate culture. I would definitely not recommend Bell for my friends or family, and strongly encourage any who ask to find a different provider. I can't provide a solid recommendation to any, but I would really avoid Bell if possible. Absolutely not worth my trouble and time to deal with Bell every few months.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have been with Bell over 5 years so long I can't remember but too long they have made so many mistakes over the years but today was the last straw. I have to deal with so many people to fix the problem. They have blocked data so many times and when I phone I still have data left and they apologize and say they will fix it and it takes 4 times of calling to have it fixed. I have taken names and employee numbers of management but when I phone back they can't find them or never heard of them so I have to start over with explanations of what needs to be done. So if you want a good serviced company BELL CANADA is not for you???? I will finish out my contract with them and move on. Enough mistakes made. I'm done.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Bad connection, bad service, salesman cheated me. When I applied internet with ** company, I told the salesman that I only need internet without phone line, and he told me the monthly payment is $70. After technician came to install, he told me there is also a phone line, and gave me the number that I never applied. One day after l got email from Bell, I was told my bill is $107 plus. What a ** company. If network connection is good I am willing to pay, but connection is very bad, my debit machine doesn’t work. So after two days since installation, l cancelled the service, they told me penalty is $500. Don’t deal with the ** company.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Don't believe any reviews with 5 stars. I've been tried to use their services both residential and commercial 3 times in the past. Every time the bill they charged to my account is not what the sales agent promise. The customer services are the worst!!! Very rude, no patience, not willing to listen and to help you solve the problem at all. Don't trust the promotion they offer. This company is definitely a cheater and thief. If they are not willing to solve my problem I will add a new post every week.

Original review: May 29, 2019

PHONE CALLS & LETTER TO BELL RESIDENTIAL/FIBRE OPTIC DEPT. RESULTS as of May 24, 2019. On May 22, 2019 I called Bell Executive Office 1-866-317-3382. Spoke with Chris who then transferred me to the Residential Dept. They then transferred me to the Fibre Optic Dept. Result: May 22, 2019 - Ticket # **.

1. Bell will send a technician to survey the damaged location.

2. Bell will hire a 3rd party construction team to fix damages.

3. I will get a Status Report before 30 days are up.

4. They have 30 days to complete the request.

5. On May 24, 2019 I received a call from Bell. The rep advised me to call the Bell Buried Wires Dept. 1-800-268-4213. The rep then gave me another Ticket # **. I mentioned that I now have two tickets. She told me to use the last Ticket number.

6. I called the Buried Wires Dept. & explained the situation with the driveway. She offered to submit a claim for any damaged bumper on vehicles but stated that Bell would not repair the damage to the driveway as I couldn’t give her an “exact date of the Bell Optic cable installation”. I replied that Bell would have it in their work files. She refused to offer a solution and said “she will not continue to argue the matter.”

7. The spouse of the new owner has mobility issues. He is wheelchair bound and this presents a “safety issue” with his ability to enter and leave the property whether it be with Handi-Transit or their mobility van. I mentioned to the rep that the new Owners of the property effective June 27, 2019 do not want to resort to hiring a lawyer against Bell. The rep refused further discussion.

Please can your office help with this issue? I have photos that I can forward. Sincerely, Grace, Sudbury, ON.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Bell ExpressVu services & support are the very poorest of poor. I have been a customer since 1992 but moving due to being billed excessively & having to call about this very poor service & billing constantly without merit. I have wasted countless hours & days trying to get my bill fixed. For the past 8 months I have been dealing with an executive office representative who has assured me that my bill is finally fixed only to find out yet again this month that the bill is double & she is as confused about the whole process as I am. It is the poorest service & support that I have ever received from any company. Bell Mobility, Bell ExpressVu and Bell Aliant are all equally as poor in all areas.

If you have any other alternative to "Bell Canada" then please run to this company's competitors & be sure to check in advance if the company you are running to is not owned by Bell Canada. If you would take the time to check, you will find that a lot of the smaller companies are owned by their parent company who is "Bell Canada". Good luck and I hope you receive at least acceptable level of service of which Bell Canada is the poorest of poor.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I had canceled my account with Bell and had paid all of my fees and account balances, I was using a different provider for 3 months. After 3 months Bell's toll free 1-800 number started calling me 5 times every day from I number I could not reach telling me I had outstanding monthly billing.. My account is closed and they are still trying to charge me for fees I never signed up for, never got a bill for, or even could have since I no longer have an account. This company lies and is abusive when they find out you are going to change or have changed providers. STAY AWAY.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have never been so disgusted with a business’s lack of customer service until dealing with Bell Canada! After being with them for over 2 years my bill credits had expired (no problem). I called in and spoke to a gentleman who thanked me for my business and assured me he could save me some more money and keep my packages the same. Well 2 weeks later, Alex notices the internet was horribly slow. I call in only to find out they dropped my packages even though I was assured over 3Xs that it would all stay the same (I asked straight out to ensure this)!

The currently representative I spoke with today was unresponsive (allowed me to sit in silence for minutes on end), rude and wouldn’t provide me any options to fix my problem. She told me ‘it was my fault' I didn’t fully read my email to see what the rep before had done and simply said ‘ma’am we sent you an email. There’s nothing we can do’. At the end of the phone call (after asking multiple times what could she do for me or what were my options) I simply cancelled my services. There were no attempts to save the relationship or keep me as a customer.

At the end of the day customer service should be a company's way of life. People are willing to pay higher prices if the customer service they receive is exceptional. I am beyond disappointed with Bell Canada - your company has poor business practices, lack ethics and have some of the worst customer service I have ever seen! #bellcanadaishorrible #boycottbell #getbettercustomerservice

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have been with Bell for many years. Recently, the company had been overcharging me money. The first time, I was refunded, not through direct deposit, but through cheque. Inconvenient but I didn’t like the business standard they had set by overcharging me for services I hadn’t used. I had found a carrier who was less expensive and communicated to the company that I wanted to disconnect my phone. I had explained my situation to the teller and was still charged for two billing cycles following this.

When I called today, I spoke to a representative, Pauline, who was extremely rude. I explained my situation but she kept insisting that I “listen to her” in a rude and condescending tone. I informed her that I didn’t want to be spoken to in this manner. She kept insinuating that I was using services while wanting to be refunded and they were legitimate charges. I told her that I understood what she was saying but I had no access to the services I was paying for and if there was an issue, that the representative should have explained the details during the last call. I asked to speak to someone else and this matter is being escalated. Don’t hassle yourselves. Don’t choose Bell. There are other carriers with better plans and will certainly not be encouraging anyone to join their company.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I had selected the better programming on bell satellite. Over the last couple months I have lost many channels which I have had from the beginning of my subscription. I called bell and went through many different options of fixing it over the phone to no avail. They had even sent me a new smartcard, to no satisfaction. A supervisor had called me stating they had taken channels away from me because they dont stay the same always. I feel this was nothing but B.S from her. She said if I wanted them back I would have to pay for them. Imagine that paying for them from the beginning, then having them taken away and saying it will cost me to get them back.

I also spoke to some supervisor in Montreal and he assured me I would get them back (about 30 channels) in about 2 hours. Well it's been a few weeks and still not there. These big corporations figure they can screw the public, well not this cowboy. I will be cancelling my Bell tv and 2 cell phones shortly along with other family phones. GOOD RIDDANCE BBBEEEELLLL.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I had been a Bell customer for 15 years, I am not anymore! My Bell Mobility bill has been creeping up for the last year. I called Bell to find out what was up & ask if there was a different plan I could switch to, basic bill was $60/month but my bill had been $75/month the last 3 months. I call & talked to the customer service rep, she tells me my plan is outdated blah blah blah and if I wanted to switch to a new plan it would be $80/month. What??? I was calling to lower my payments; it was my wife's cell, she averaged 20 minutes a month on calling but we wanted text & data. I said, "No thank you. I will switch providers." The next day another rep from Bell calls me, says they want a satisfied customer and after reviewing my concerns they can offer me a monthly plan for $80/month. What??? Not really a great review of my concerns if you are calling to offer me the same plan, for the same money(more), than what I declined the day before.

This past weekend I switched my wife's phone to a different provider. I immediately started getting call after call from Bell. I finally answered and the rep asked why I left. After listening to my concerns he offered me a plan matching what I received from the different provider for almost the same money...why bother? I gave Bell 2 chances. I was a loyal customer for 15 years, spent approximately $11,000 with them and only AFTER I leave do they want my business? Nice customer service Bell Mobility - NOT.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have been paying for ALT TV for months and never used it. Today my antenna came down and I had no choice but try to watch the news using this service that I've been paying for. It doesn't work... So I call the support number at Bell Canada only to be told the wait time for support is about an hour (news is in 2 minutes - at 10pm.). I miss the news and get a call back from Bell Canada, then sit on hold another 5 min to get someone who asks me a bunch of questions before she can tell me how to use the service. Once I've answered all her questions, she has no clue how to help me (technical support). While being placed on hold after every question, I notice I've been getting charged late payment charges when I'm on their automatic payment plan... They take my payment on the day it is due and yet they are still charging me a late fee?????

So she gets back on the phone to say my call is being escalated and someone will call me in 24-48 hours... So I can watch the news TONIGHT. Well, that doesn't go well! Then I direct her attention to the billing issue but of course she puts me in hold again only to come back and say it's not her department... If my company treated customers this way, I'd be out of business, how do they do this and remain in business? I've been writing 15 minutes while on hold again for a supervisor.... WTF

Original review: May 14, 2019

If I could I would give them 0 star. Honestly standards service for an overpriced price and they make it very hard to get out the contract so you feel stuck. Had to pay 1000$ to get out. Still less expensive than staying with them.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs