Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Bell is taking advantage of the current WFH environment. Bell has an overage policy of 350gbs they waived at the beginning of the COVID and WFH. After 3 months although the situation did not change they starting applying overage charges again. After multiple calls to solve the issue they bounced me from department to department. They provided no solution except to unplug the internet cable and disable my router part way through the month. Also I was informed I had incurred $2000 of additional charges. I had to make alternate arrangements for how to accomplish my work and my partners work. This impacted my work and my ability to manage my children during this time.

After 6 hrs of phone calls and over 12 separate phone calls I finally got relief for the overage charges for the month. The only reason I kept calling despite being put on hold, bounced to a different department, starting from scratch and multiple dropped calls was that I it was totally unjust the way Bell was managing the situation. I am held hostage by bell as they are the only internet provided that provides the speed I need to WFH in my rural environment. I question whether the experience I had was intentional on their part or not. I have never seen such service and am disappointed that this Canadian company would treat Canadian consumers the way they do.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Bell Fibe is a good product if and when it is working correctly. I had this for the first 6 months of 2018 when I switched to Bell. It is dependent on 2 good phone wires to get HD TV and fast internet. 1 of these wires failed after 6 months and in the 4 months it took them to provide new wiring Bell decided that they were not offering this service "in my area" any longer so I remain connected with 1 wire which is barely adequate and certainly not what I signed up for. Now they have run new fibre in the area and a technician working on the street and Bell Tech support say I can now have the new wires connected to get my contracted service back. Sales says that my address is not eligible and there is nothing they can do to authorize connecting me. I have made multiple calls and I am in a BELL Catch 22. How does such a messed up organization thrive? (Oh Yeah they are a Ogilopoly.)

Get buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We are constantly getting wifi slowdowns, and having issues. We should be getting way more for 200 dollars. And to prove that they are ripping you off Start.ca offers 220MBS and 200 channels for only 70 bucks. Bell is a terrible company they have no business ethics, and they only care about themselves not their customers.

Original review: July 31, 2020

When I first had an account with them someone sold me on a bigger package but did not cancel my old one so I was double-billed multiple times. I could not get my money back only credit. More recently they assign my payment randomly to my old account or my new one. Several calls did not stop this from repeatedly happening. No one could tell me if these count as late payments and if I could get my deposit back at the right time. I was given the runaround when I wanted to talk to supervisor. I was told that someone would call me back and they never did. It continues to happen. I am canceling. I don't care if my only other option is ran by a donkey in a hamster wheel. It can't get much worse.

Original review: July 30, 2020

The wifi is so bad. When I run speed tests the wifi says it’s good but in reality it’s not. The wifi keeps cutting out and I can’t play video games without having my ping jump to 1000 every 10 seconds.

Original review: July 29, 2020

2 months ago, I called Bell to Cancel my Fibe TV services. After a long drawn out call it was done. Yesterday I noticed that I was still getting billed for the TV services. I called and they said there was no record that I cancelled. After 5 minutes of discussing, I was resigned that I would not be able to prove, that I cancelled the service. So I just said, "Then please cancel it now, and send me an email as proof that I cancelled, so I don't have to go through this again." For the next hour the "retention agent" gave me the absolute most weaselly runaround, pitching other plans, and other ways to save the service, and I just kept repeating "Please just cancel my TV service". I begged, I pleaded, and he just kept at it, like his life depended on my not cancelling.

Finally I asked to speak to his manager, so I could lodge a complaint about him, and his refusal to cancel my service. He kept me on hold for 30 minutes, checking in every 5 or 10 minutes to say he could not find a supervisor to pass my call to. I finally gave up, and am thus posting this very negative review. He also told me "I am in the Philippines, and you should feel good about Bell, because our local provider, is even worse than Bell". I thought that was a very unusual argument to make me feel better about how bad he was treating me. I don't hold any malice toward him, as he was doing what Bell taught him, to do everything possible to obstruct and prevent a customer from leaving. All my frustration is directed toward Bell.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The internet at our place has been almost non-existent trending towards fully out for the last 3 months. After spending weeks on the phone with representatives trying to get it fixed they finally told me that they were sending a team out to fix it in 3 weeks. Three weeks came and went and now they're telling me that they ran into unexpected issues replacing the line and it'll take an additional 3 weeks. WTF? In the meantime I'm paying for this non-existent service and they're taking 2 months to fix a broken line which is affecting my whole neighbourhood? Absolutely the worst company to deal with. 0/10.

Original review: July 21, 2020

We got rid of Rogers when Bell offered a deep discount to switch and we were unhappy with the quality from Rogers so changing seemed like a good idea. Initially Fibe worked as advertised but over time our signal kicked out every time we changed channels. Technicians came in and for a brief period of time things improved and that has been the pattern for over a year. We call, they come and muck about, things improve then it degrades and we call. We have been told that we are at the end of this location's signal strength - I would have noticed if my house had moved and I assume the main box is where it was when we signed up. If Bell cannot provide the service they should offer a rebate or discount. Looking at options but they are limited.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Before I start, I just want mention that when speaking to the technical support staff, I found that they were extremely kind, understanding for the most part and genuinely tried their best to help me, compared to the customer service reps with Bell that I've spoken to in the past. My issue is relating to WiFi connectivity. I started having issues at the beginning of June. My WiFi kept disconnecting and as time went on it became more and more frequent. I had a tech guy come out on June 16th, and said the issue was fixed. It was working okay until July, then it started up again. I called on July 6th... The guy said my internet was stuck in an "unstable mode" and "fixed the issue". The next day the issue was worse than the day before. I called again and they said they would send out a tech guy the 9th between 7 and 5....I work from home so it was extremely stressful having to juggle working with connectivity issues.

The guy comes and again says he "fixed the issue" and also gave me a replacement modem. The internet stayed stable again until today so I called again.... Again the guy said my internet was unstable and that a profile of some sort needed to be changed. He changed it and said it was fixed.... Well an hour later it was unstable... Again... I call again and I was hung up on (by accident I'm assuming). So I call again... And again I'm told the the connection is unstable and told me they would call me back after doing some testing.

So every time call it becomes stable but then the issue starts up again. I am feeling extremely defeated and would love it if my services were stable and wish there was someone I could talk to who could actually resolve my issue. I have no idea what to do at this point and am seriously considering switching providers. It's unfortunate because before this my services worked perfectly fine and it's convenient being able to bundle all my services together but I feel like this is the definition of insanity and that I am slowly losing my mind over this :(.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I decided to purchase a mobile plan (Handset + Service) by calling up their Customer Service. BIG MISTAKE. 10 days now I have been following up with them on the whereabouts of the mobile they have already started billing me for. My BELL account shows that the plan has been "activated" even though I have yet to receive the phone which has been sent by some courier service. When you ask them for the details of this courier, the staff is only allowed to go on in a loop that the details have been mailed to me. And when you ask them details of this courier they dont have it because all that they can say is that it has been dispatched. And I am not in Nunavut, my address is in GTA.

They say that they will not track/trace the courier and that I am supposed to call this ghost courier. A phone number has been given by them which none answers.

I am also told by them that I cannot cancel the order because it has been "dispatched" and until the item is returned to their warehouse they will not accept the cancellation of the order. Bell Customer Service will also not provide any reference to the conversation/ any service request #/ complaint #. Looks like they have built a new scam to recover their losses from Covid-19.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team