1.19/5
  • 1 star
Based on 146 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

466 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Horrible hardware. Broke 4 PVR receivers in 2 months. Refurbished Junk. Customer service. Put on hold for 30 minutes to speak to loyalty. They just don't care!! Had over 3 months of interrupted service and was offer a $10 movie voucher… JOKE!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

They don't give you any notification that they are going into your account to take money, or any kind of notification that your bill is due. Their app sucks as it should give you notifications on your account. They locked my account without telling me or even calling me and said that I didn't respond to them. After they gave me 7 days to pay the bill but have charged me so much. It hasn't even been 3 days and they closed my data and my calling for good, for no reason. Bell you guys suck, please don't close the data and the calling like that on anyone ever again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I'm on the phone with Bell Canada every billing cycle for a minimum of 3hrs to dispute my monthly bill. They increase your bill and when you call it takes about 3hrs for someone to make the adjustment until the next billing cycle. They promise you a low monthly all in 1 package and then increase your bill every month afterwards. When you want to cancelled they say now you have to pay a cancellation fee. Bell Canada is FRAUD. Please RUN from them. Service is really bad.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Bell Mobility refuses to unlock my device even though it is paid for and out-of-contract. The CRTC states through its simplified version of the Wireless Code that "You can have your cellphone unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if you paid for the device in full." Since this device is not bound to a contract, it has been paid for in full. The new CRTC update for the Wireless Code comes into effect Dec 1, 2017 and mandates that ALL devices be provided unlocked and any previously locked phones be unlocked free of charge.

Let me be clear that I AM WRITING THIS AS OF Nov 21, 2017... 9 DAYS AWAY, AND THEY WILL NOT UNLOCK MY PHONE WITHOUT CHARGING ME! I have never encountered this level of corporate greed, such that they will not accommodate unlocking a device that has been paid for in-full, within 9 days of the new CRTC mandated unlocking rules. Utterly shocking!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I wish zero stars was an option. This company is ruthless! They create problems and NEVER have a solution that helps the customer. My boyfriend was diagnosed with Cancer and had to go on medical leave. We called Bell to ask for a solution in reducing our $250+ bill while he goes through chemo and radiation and our monthly income was reduced. A temporary situation. Their "solution" has cost us over $200 AND they will not reverse the charges!!! They say "I understand your frustration but there is nothing we can do!" "There are no manager's available." That is NOT a solution, that's a cop out. I am so fed up with these multibillion/million dollar corporations taking advantage of vulnerable people. I am so upset. I feel sick to my stomach with the way we have been treated. $200 to us is gas to get to the Cancer agency 5 days a week 45 minutes away. What is $200 to these crooks???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH BELL PEOPLE: HORRIBLE SERVICE PROVIDER! DO NOT EVER GO INTO A THIRD PARTY BELL STORE. Make sure if you call in regarding anything to get the agent to confirm the notes they have taken. Otherwise you're screwed. So Congratulations Bell, you have lost another long-term customer; and do you care? No. You're a multi million dollar company who clearly neither values your paying customers nor your employees for that matter. Your trained agent(s) misplaced my info within the software you trained them on, and that somehow this is my fault? I was told several different things from several different agents and yet you have none of this on file?

After been informed with disappointment, I was then guaranteed to have my issue resolved, with no hassle, all apologies, only to be disappointed yet again. It is very unacceptable to make a customer think they're expecting a replacement phone in 3-5 business days, to have them wait weeks to a month, to then have nothing show up at all. This is the second time this has happened to me. What the point of having warranty if you cannot adhere to your policy given? And yet there is still nothing you can do? It's your trained agents that is proving us with inaccurate information that allows us to be bad tempered.

Do you not understand how infuriating it is for us customers who believe we have an issue resolved to be told no because your agents cannot even take the appropriate notes needed or better yet cannot provide us with accurate information. Or how infuriating it is to be transferred to several different agents who require you to repeat yourself over and over again. Even your supervisors couldn't do anything. Why was I not transferred to innovations or to the president of Bell after the inconvenience? I advise you to train your staff better to prevent these reoccurring issues.

I am so disappointed in how my situation was handled, not once, not twice, but a handful of times, and just to be told in the end that you cannot assist or help me when assured that you could in the first place. Now I'm being told I need to call the maker of the phone direct. I have requested a copy of my file, your agents stated that my Samsung 7 Edge phone was damaged with heavy wear. I have photos to prove otherwise.

Absolute horrible customer service. How you handled my situation was very unprofessional. It's terrible that even though I spend over $300+ monthly, mostly for business use and how many years I've been a customer of yours that you think this is acceptable. Using scare tactics to your customers because you think the customer won't pay their contracts out is ridiculous. I will be paying out my contract. I will also be informing others of this horrible matter. Instead of sending me a generic scripted message by an agent that cannot help me, I ask that these complaints be sent into the president of Bell Canada because clearly this is an issue within Bell's mobilities responsibilities.

I have no interest in staying a customer after all the inconvenience, and I also don't appreciate that I'm expected to be the one to call Bell to resolve an issue after several complaints were already made. Bell should have called me to provide me with some sort of incentive/credit. I WILL be taking my business elsewhere going forward. The public however needs to know how horrible your customer service is.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

In reference to Bell they are a completely un-negotiable, unfair practicing business. Their ethics are completely unjust. This company tries to masquerade as benefitting its customers but bottom dollar is all it cares about. Every month that I have carried my contract with this bs company they claim I have used more than 95% of my bandwidth typically meaning data. Funny thing is I spend most of my time using wifi off my internet service. Prior to this I was forced in a corner and kept having to upgrade my plan to accommodate the unbelievable data charges.

I finally got up to 17gb per month at what an extra 230 in cost to accommodate. I am broke. My bill last month was $633. I paid it off... Then... November. Now $437.45 plus whatever they bill from the 7th November forward additional, can't keep up. I am ** tired of the fact this company keeps raping people on every aspect and when you talk to the call center they are no help either because none of them speak fluent English. It's getting a bit pathetic and really I am tired of it... I am stuck because of the credit thing and well companies such as Bell feed on it to drain every cent you have. Beware fine people. This is an absolutely horrible company to go through. Please trust in this as they will milk the client dry.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It has been nearly 5 months and a simple payment made to a Bell business account through a friend's account has caused several phone disconnects and numerous calls. Some of the calls were recorded and others never happened. The payment has been reapplied numerous times and no records on Bell's end. At several intervals changes where asked to be made to the account and if you weren’t on the issue it may or may not happen.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have used Bell Internet Fibe 25 for about 16 months when all of sudden the modem stopped working (malfunctioned). Then, I called Bell technical agent about this problem. He said nothing could be done and they will give a replacement after 2-3 days (Aug 24, 2017). On next Monday (Aug 28), I asked them about the modem status and they said 'it is on the way and please be patient'. They even inquired whether I need an upgrade, but I refused. On Thursday (Aug 31), again I called them and an agent made me waited for 45 minutes. This sounded a bit fishy. At last, he said actually nothing has been done and he will send the modem expeditedly. By Friday, I should receive it. This time I was too angry because they lied to me. In fact, I worked on my assignment at Tim Hortons for the whole week.

Anyhow, I agreed and waited till Friday evening. But still, I did not receive it on Friday (Sept 1). Again I called them to check the status and as I expected they did nothing. Then I said that I wanted to terminate the service. The agent connected me to another agent. Now the new agent asked me the reason for my termination. I explained to her everything and she said she can connect me with their best technician. I refused but she still connected me to another line (she just wanted to run from me). After 15 minutes waited, our call was cut due to end of working hour. I was really really upset.

At last, the next day (Sept 2) I made mind not to explain to them what is the reason for termination. I called them and said I already subscribe to another provider. And as I expected the asked for the reason and I told them nothing. Then she canceled my service. I thought everything settled but they made another headache for me - they even charged me for September full bill. What? I could not use their service but have to pay them. This is no less than professional theft. I tried to stop the pre-authorized with Bell last month but this month they again pulled my money. I am very upset with this situation.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Bell Canada is a crooked company that attempts to swindle money out of their customers. Oh and they are not following the CRTC regulations that were to take effect in December 2016. Thank you Regulator Watch Canada for reminding me that I had to call about my bill once again. I take notes on everything. Good thing because Bell had no notes regarding my October 16, 2017 phone call when I cut down my satellite services. At that time I asked "Steph" about basic services and was told that the best they had was the $59.99 "good two" service. I complained about the late charges when there shouldn't have been because I have it set up for automatic payments.

On May 8, 2016 I entered into a contract for internet with Bell Canada at a rate of $49.95 for unlimited upload/download at 25.0Mbps for a term of 24 months. I was just told that my internet was 350GB for $74.99. Um, I don't think so. When I was informed by Mary that I had agreed to that during my October 16, 2017 conversation... The one that just moments before there weren't any notes on? I insisted that the recorded phone conversation be reviewed, that I would be calling back at 9 am for the situation to be rectified and an apology to be made. The only things I discussed were the billing issues and cutting down my satellite services. I have a 2 year contract, therefore changes couldn't be made.

My satellite bill is still being charged at the higher price, even though most of my services have been taken away. The services that were taken away within minutes of my call. I repeatedly asked to speak with Mary's supervisor, to which I was informed that there was no one available that was her superior. I offered to wait, to which she said that it would be at least a 2 hour wait, and that their phones lines closed in 1/2 hour. Dear Bell Canada please stop scamming and ripping off your customers.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Whether it's an unexpected outstanding balance, or out-of-nowhere equipment and service fee, you name it. I have never seen a person with Bell who did not experience a high-emotional and stressful encounter with Bell's abusive and shady billing system. I have been a loyal customer at Bell for more than 2 and a half years, with packages of their services charging around $400 per month. After learning that there are so many better options out there, I called Bell to leave them.

When you decide to leave Bell, be EXTREMELY VIGILANT. They will bombard you with intrusive calls and emails of all the great promotions that will sound great at first. I made the mistake of deciding to stay with them after hearing their promotions. Very soon after I signed up for their promotions, I start to see shady things one by one - a service would not be installed on day that I requested, I would get charged for residential service that I never signed up for, random so-called "credits" on my billing along with some charges that would usually amount to around ~$9, so that it's easy to ignore, or to give in.

It's a pattern I noticed in Bell - "services", "charges", "credits". If you call to ask about it, they would say that it's how their "system" works, that it calculates the duration, last date of use, and what's been leftover, etc. It's very complex. However, it's when you leave them for good they show you their true color. They'll say that you have to return their equipment, such as TV receiver and Internet modem. For me, Bell was wishy-washy in explaining how I can return the equipment. They told me that I'll be getting a mail with instructions on how to return the equipment. I never got that mail. So I called them to inquire about it, and they said it's no problem, the instructions are very simple, I don't have to wait for the mail. I can go to any post office to send the equipment to Bell, so I did.

Then, in this month's bill (October 2017), I got charged $700 for non-return equipment fee. It was after I got charged with $700 fee that they started to tell me the essential details - if you do not return in 30 days, you'll get charged with non-return fee; did you put the receiver and modem in separate boxes, because it's better if you put separate equipment in separate boxes; did you put a sticker (that was supposed to be provided in the mail) on the boxes, because it's more efficient to get processed in our warehouse system if you put stickers on boxes, etc.

They told me that after they conduct investigation to check whether they have received the equipment I sent, they will remove $700 fee from my bill through credits on my next account. By now, I have completely learned their patterns. "Credits" to promise the ripped-off customers that they might get reimbursed in 6 months - 1-2 month for "investigation", 1-2 month to transfer it in their "system", and 1-2 months to show up on billing account as "credits". I am usually forgiving to TV/Internet/mobile service companies, and I trust them to do their job. But from now on, I genuinely might believe that Bell has a set of intentional protocols and guidelines to deceive and dupe their customers.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Issues started with Bell about 1.5 years ago. I had finished my contract and called from Australia to close my account. All my devices were paid for. I was charged a few for closing the account and additionally they wanted to charge me $50 to unlock my tablet. I was shocked that they felt ownership over an item that I paid for in full yet they believed they still owned it. They gave me a code to unlock my tablet which did not work so they told me they would waive the fee for closing the account and told me to go to Samsung to unlock my tablet. I will also mention that for 12 months I paid my phone bill from Australia and did not use my phone once. The lowest rate they could give me while overseas was $60 a month. They couldn't offer me a data free plan to make my payments lower for a phone I didn't use.

So... I came to Canada for a trip and my tablet was so slow from not being used or updated. I erased the data to reboot it but it deleted the word processor which was the reason I bought the tablet. Funny enough "My Bell" and "Bell T.V." were still on the tablet. Apps I don't want or need. So I went to Orchard Park Bell where I had purchased the tablet. One man with lighter hair, a beard and glasses was very kind and helpful even though he was only one of two employees in a very busy store. He downloaded a word app for me which I found disappointing that Bell sold me an item as though it was a complete product when it was just an app!!! But good on the employee for helping me. Bad on Bell for selling me something as though it was a product when it was an app!! I left the store but the app wouldn't open so I went back.

This time a dark haired man helped me. I think he had a beard also. He was clearly annoyed that he had to download an app for me and when I asked about unlocking my tablet he said "I don't know, it shouldn't be locked." The other worker with the glasses helped and said "tablets can be unlocked for free in December." The annoyed worker then gave me my tablet and said "you can unlock it in December." I said "but I live in Australia." He said, "well I don't know you have to call Bell because I don't know." I said "I need to call Bell to get answers about Bell, but you work here." He said "ya but we don't unlock things here." I said "you don't know how to answer questions, you don't unlock devices. Oh you don't do anything here." He said "we do mobiles" yet they sell tablets and offer plans for tablets???

Shame on you Bell. I don't blame your staff for being unhelpful. You probably don't pay them very well as you're too cheap to even train them or give them tools for their job. They don't even have the resource of technical support or I am sure the employee would have used it. You're cheap and lousy to your staff and cheap with your customers. Congratulations on helping to give Canada a reputation as having the worst cellphone companies in the world. A reputation well deserved! I am sure when I call in December from Australia to get my device unlocked they will not help and give me another code that doesn't work. Cheap Bell. Shame on you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Bell Canada TV you are the biggest scam artists out there upping people's contracts when they remain the same telling people you don't guarantee the prices. I was promised a set rate and have it upped because your service increase. Maybe you guys all need to go back to school and learn what a definition of a contract is. If you expect people to pay for your services then keep them at a set rate till their contract is up. You are sickening especially when it comes to people on a fixed income such as people who are on their pensions and even interrupt the customer.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Several years ago I had upgraded my Bell account at the local Bell store. They verified everything with Bell Canada on the phone at the time and gave me pricing. The first month bill was a partial month so I did not notice anything. The second month came in significantly higher. I called Bell and was told they would not honor the price I was given. I cancelled everything.

Jump forward a few years, Bell comes back looking for my business with lots of promises about how they've made huge improvements in customer service and the same would not happen again. They offered a good deal so foolishly I switched back. My fault, I did not pay as close attention to the billing this time as previously (partly because they were sending the bills to an email account they created for me but did not tell me about). I did not realize they were charging me more than what the signed contract says for several months. And again, they make no effort to fix anything. The sales person that said I should contact her personally if there are any problems is nowhere to be found. I should have learned my lesson the first time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I am not a Bell customer. But I had a very bitter experience with this company. My father was using a Chatr phone from last 14 months. But in starting of October, his number started showing not register on network. After call Chart, I found out that one of the Bell Agent had issue the same number which my father was using to someone else. When I called Bell, customer services told me that they will fix this issue on 48-72 hours. When it was not done, I called them back in one week and I was told by them that they are not aware of the issue.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've been a customer of Bell on and off for 20 years due to moving for work and trying something new. Every new town comes with the promise of, welcome to the new Bell and we've changed. Maybe I'm trusting, or maybe the honeymoon period really does have promise that reality keeps buried. My latest relationship with Bell started with "FIBE"! The newest best thing, better than everyone else. No cable to your TV, fast internet, we've got you covered. Cost... A little high. Well with a growing family and needs changing, so did our service, and with every change came a new sorry we should have told you charge, and some magic slow down of service. When tech services checked our line "All is good" we were told. But the same website to test bandwidth and speed the install tech showed me with our initial install was much slower when I tried myself.

Customer service always had a reason and upgrade to offer, at a price, and the loyalty department was just a way to keep you on the phone to frustration. So I found a new provider, set up with ease and called for cancellation. Once again the charm of service and fiber optic came to the table, and the, "We can offer this" pleads, but I said thanks but no thanks. That's when the charm went away and the ice came in. I was put on hold, the deal now personal with the phone agent, and when asked if I had any more questions, I inquired what to do with my existing hardware. We'll send you something... Click. Am I surprised, no, disappointed, yes (again). Maybe this time it's lesson learned.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

For the last 18 months, Bell Canada have charged me for high speed unlimited internet at between $105. - $110. + per month. After months of complaints of lagging internet, constant loading and failed connect to server pop ups, Bell agreed to credit my account and remove the unlimited internet fee of $30.00 per month. This morning, at my insistence, after a new modem was sent and I set it up, speed increases promised to 50 mbps, (actual speeds 2 - 10 mbps) a technician showed up stating that I could never receive those speeds due to the fact that my building is on an old copper phone line, (throughout building), that was never updated. Technician also stated that everything they gave me is actually standard issue these days and I could verify that by looking at Bell's website and seeing what packages were available at what price.

He was bang on the money! Called Bell to resolve my account and have credits applied and could not access my account due to it being in my ex husband’s name, which wasn't an issue on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or Thursday last week. Called Virgin Mobile to set up a new install and was confirmed and accepted until I was informed that one of the forms of I.D. I was using, my federally issued S.I.N. # HAD BEEN DECLARED STOLEN AND LISTED WITH ALL CREDIT COMPANIES.

I then asked to speak with both the Virgin Mobile agent, myself and the credit company agent to clarify and rectify the issue as I have never declared my S.I.N. card as either stolen and/or lost. Instead I was transferred to another agent who refused to identify himself, until I pushed, up until which point he stated that he wanted personal identification from me, including my passport number. His response to my asking who he was and which credit company he worked for was: "I work for Bell Canada AND Virgin Mobile... In the fraud department". I said, I didn't understand what was going on, but to all appearances it sounded like Bell was actually declaring along with credit scores to private credit companies that my I.D. had been marked as stolen.

I want you to imagine this scenario: if at any point I had applied for another job, had been stopped by the police in a routine traffic stop, or had applied for anything where two forms of I.D. would have been required and where one of those forms of I.D., would naturally be my federally issued S.I.N. number. Interesting scenario right? The response of the agent in the fraud department at Bell was this: "Do you want to have the new services with Virgin Mobile or not?" So now a thinly veiled blackmail tone added to a federal crime of falsely stating someone was using stolen I.D. The reason for all this? Bell mistakenly forgot to credit an account from years ago, that was paid in full, in my name, and that remaining balance had now reached over $900.00.

They also, apparently, took it upon themselves to declare my S.I.N. number as stolen to every credit agency and department, which is a helluva lot of power for a privatized company to hold ain't it? So I called the Federal Government of Canada's 1800 number that deals with Social Insurance Cards to clarify that my card has not and has never been stolen.

Interestingly, they didn't seem too surprised, seems like this is a regular deal with Bell Canada, which is surprising when you think what an impact falsified documents, I.D. cards and passports are these days. But no one seemed too disturbed by it at the Federal Government. Money launderers, fraudsters, and criminals, come to Canada man, it's like 1920's Chicago up here, the markets wide open! It's the Wimbledon of openly falsified documents up here, no one's too bothered, bring any members of any local terrorist organization you know of and you can get a free passport and federal I.D. No really, it's cool man, Bell has a list of I.D. that they have deemed as stolen because you’re on their hit list as “owing them”. Oh here's the kicker, you’re going to love this!

I even went so far as to explain to Bell that I won't dispute any outstanding balances, as long as they credit my current account which is still in my husband's name, which I've paid for from day 1 and which I updated to my name. I offered them banking info., remote access to my computers, detailed call log info, tech visits, etc and had everything on the current account updated including my name, but Bell won't do it. I explained that to resolve the issue, they have to credit monies paid to them every month for the last 18 months which I calculated by the actual cost of the service I received, but paid for a higher level of speed and unlimited which I never received and they could apply that credit to my supposedly “outstanding balance” on an old account from years ago.

So I would never receive any monies or credit they owe me, just credits that would be applied to an old account, so I could cancel everything and resolve this stolen I.D. issue and move to Virgin Mobile with whom they would confirm, no monies are owing, no personal I.D. is being fraudulently used or has been stolen, and we can all move on with our lives and I never have to deal with the Bellends at Bell again! Not interested, so this afternoon I registered a complaint with the CCTS/Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services, the Better Business Bureau and now here with Consumer Affairs.

The one bright side in all this? That at least ** Bell Canada didn't declare my Medicare as having been stolen, so that tomorrow I'll be able to go to the doc's or at least the pharmacy to get that American sized bottle of ** or whatever the ** you use for the ulcer that this has brought on and worst case scenario get medical treatment at the hospital for the cardiac arrest that this will surely bring on. Suppose I should really send a Thank You card to Bell Canada! Dear Sirs, Thank you for not declaring my bloody Medicare Card as having been stolen so I can have the ailments your company is solely responsible for bringing on, treated accordingly.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Installer left all wrappings & boxes etc on lawn. He then had me give email address (he said to confirm delivery) but when fine print was read it was really acceptance to begin online billing! There was to be a 10 day free trial & feedback was to be provided via internet, but their electronic questionnaire did not work. The advance billing worked just fine though! LOL! I decided not to use Bell & phoned several times to cancel, a few days into the trial. No matter who I spoke to, the bills kept coming! Finally I got a supervisor who straightened it all out, but he said they don"t come back, to take the dish off my roof!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Needs improvements with customer service. The channel selection needs to be more versatile as well. More powerful satellite would help improve reception.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Had a mandatory plan change applied to my account, which deleted all my saved and archived messages, including those of deceased friends. When contacted, customer service told me that it is the policy to change plans when they are no longer available and that data loss happens.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Initially their representative told me I'd get 120 channels for $42.50 a month. 40 of those turned out to be radio stations, about 20 were French and about 25 were pay per view leaving me with only 35 watchable channels. On top of that I was with Bell for 4 months and my first bill was $42.50. But every month after that my bills went up drastically, last one being $83.00. I canceled with them and the fee was suppose to be 150$. It was $201. Then on top of it all they refused to remove their own satellite dish from my house. If you consider Bell tv please be very careful.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Hi, my fiancé and I signed up for a new bundle service as a promotional offer but when the bill arrived it was 4 times more than what was offered and accepted. We just tried to cancel it but now we have to pay cancellation fee. Advice for all: don’t sign up for Bell services especially their phone offers and if you do get it in writing or have them emailed everything to you before you accept anything. Bell is the biggest misleading company in Canada. Very pathetic!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I have Bell business internet for about a year. I keep having constant problems - one day it's working, another day it's disconnecting every 15-20 minutes and I have to manually connect it. I also have a cash register working through wi-fi, so every time I have a problem with internet connection I can't take card payments. I called Bell on several occasions and spend few hours in total talking to their sales representatives. They keep asking ridiculous questions like if I have a microwave near the router, etc. Eventually, they suggested to send a technician for whom I have to pay and I don't really understand why. I'm highly disappointed and advise not to use the company, if you have the option. I wish I had the opportunity to go with another provider!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Service buying was a whirlwind experience!!! Wham... Bam... Credit card... $47.00 month service charge. Ohh, hot damn, that's a deal... Especially with a... As I was told a very good Sony Xperia XA phone... Well bills never went below $80.00, messages were never deleted, calls were constantly being archived, people kept calling for the last owner... Nothing but problems, then... The famous Sony boot loop... Look it up on YouTube. Bring it in... No problem sir... Here's a beat up loaner Samsung, scratched and dented to something only Bell would say, is comparable to your brand new Sony.

Couldn't fix, they say something cracked inside... As a retired audio/visual technician at home I took the back off... They did nothing... The whole phone is... Glued together... They could not have done anything... Liars... Liars... Liars... Con artists... Out and out thieves... When I returned the beat up Samsung... They charged me full price for the Samsung 'cause it supposedly had a crack... She did not find that crack in front of me... She found it in the backroom... Orchard Park Bell store... Stay away if you know what getting screwed over is like... Very painful and costly, done by Bell.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I have been paying for ultra high speed for almost 3 years. It is very slow and I need to re-start my modem often to get it to stop from freezing. I have called and they do the usual speed test, blah... blah... blah... And it is never anywhere near high speed let alone ultra high speed. I have called a satellite provider but I am unfortunately in a dead spot for that. I sure wish we had more competition here in NB as then I feel something would be done about it. :(

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I can't believe that the same problems that existed 5 years ago with this company still exist now. Their customer service is embarrassing for a company of their stature. The agents are poorly trained, completely unempathetic and have zero understanding of how to diffuse a situation. I understand that their job is not easy and they have to deal with many very angry customers but Rogers has to deal with the same type of customer but their customer service is MILES ahead of Bell's. Bell needs to completely reorganize and re-train their technicians, they hire some of the laziest and poorly trained people for this job. There are literally hundreds of horror stories on the web about technicians that don't show, leave on the job, knock on the door ONCE and then leave. Customers are left for DAYS until another time slot opens up and there is never any type of compensation for these customers that are screwed by these technicians.

During the month of September when thousands of students are moving and when you are offering student promotions WHY are you still so disorganized and understaffed when this is something that is well anticipated every year? BELL TECHNICIANS represent your brand and if they can't be reliable then you are seen as unreliable. Look at how low your rating is on this site, there is no reason why your resources can't be better utilized to ensure that your employees are held to a high standard of customer service and that your technical team is at its most efficient and RELIABLE. You guys need to seriously get it together.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Hard to understand the support staff, high prices with a lot of duplicate stations. Unable to get a suitable package without paying over 100.00 for a lot of stations that are of no interest to me. Buying single stations are too costly.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

This month, our landline has been disconnected at the street box 3 times. We have gone through the usual routine of blaming our equipment and talking to numerous customer service reps. Twice we have been told it was repaired. We have been assured that the line is working. Guess what - they check the line and darn if there's no dial tone. So either the repair people are saying they were on the street and checked and they didn't - or they simply just don't show up. This is 2017.

And the best part - we borrowed a work cell phone and they keep telling us that the technician will call the house to confirm the appointment. Maybe someone should explain THE HOUSE PHONE ISN'T WORKING! Maybe I have been wrong all along - I should get a job as a bell tech and mark tickets off as done while I sit in Tim Horton's getting paid laughing my head off. Even better, be a customer service rep and tell people their phone is faulty, and when they hang up giggle maniacally.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I can't believe I'm giving Bell a 5-star rating after waiting more than half a month with many frustrating visits for a normal Fiber internet installation. This rating goes solely to the two amazingly committed technicians who made the seemingly impossible possible today. I do sympathize with Bell that the neighborhood is quite old and was brain-wracking for them to figure out how to hook the wire up to a fiber box that was hanging in the middle of a hard to access yard. But that doesn't excuse Bell for having extremely rude customer service employees who also keep making promises that they don't ensure are kept.

Bell needs to improve on their inter-department communications -- one manager keeps not passing the information to the next technician(s) visiting or ensuring that their customer has an update on the status. My roommate and I spent about 10 hours over the course of over half a month, placing calls to customer service and customer-service-recommended technical support to actively seek the status of when they will come back and actually install it, and being present for 4 visits: one technician, then one manager, then another technician who had no briefing from the manager and left promising to come back with a bucket truck and did not for more than a week, and then finally the two amazingly committed technicians who made it work with just brains, ladders, and skills.

They promised me that they wouldn't leave until the internet was running, even placing calls to activate the service for me and making sure I understood everything about the connection and the modem. I am so grateful for their dedication and I hope that others recognize that Bell is not made up of only rude customer service employees and negligent managers -- there are also extremely talented and dedicated technicians working there who deserve a 5-star rating.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The Bell box constantly cuts out and shuts Down. It then takes over 5 min to reboot itself. This happens frequently, on average it happens around 3 times in the span of 2 hours. Very frustrating when you're in the middle of watching something. Defeats the purpose of having tv. When explains this to bell they say it's our problem. However we had another provider before this and it never happened. They won't even come out to look at it. Very poor service.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs