Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.99/5

Bell Canada Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2020

I tried to add a new phone and plan to my current ones online. What we agreed with the agent on the phone and the shipping address I gave him were wrong on the agreement emailed to me later. Very poor communication with the customer in term of not giving complete information about the purchase and let them review the factors and continue, correct or cancel the order online, sometimes, it seems they are doing that purposely. Hardly after number of calls to customer service and fight with the seller agent I could cancel my order.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had my services on temporary suspension while out of the country. We came back early due to the virus situation. Number one the my Bell app is set up to do your own suspension of service but I tried re activating to no avail. After 4 hrs on hold got my internet turned on but they said I had to call a different number for the phone and ask for care level 2.

Next day on hold for 2 hrs and got someone who said, "Ok I will transfer you to care level 2. It will be just one moment." 5 hrs later they just dropped my call and still I can’t get through. Don’t give me the virus situation excuse. They are a communications co. That’s what they do best apparently. If a co. Needs their call Center people to work from home during this then Bell is the experts to set that up yet they can’t even service their customers. This is a virus not a sun flare that blew up a satellite for goodness sake. So you can see that when you're asked to quarantine yourself and you really need the services while in the house Bell lets you down.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2020

A month ago on Feb 28, 2020, we booked our business internet service, 2 phone lines and 1 fax line for our pharmacy for March 20, 2020 from 1.30- 5.30. I called them and they have no info on it... Customer service guys will fool you by saying that agent is coming... Nobody came. I was annoyed as we are losing 13000 dollars if software appointment is cancelled for March 22, 2020. I talked to their supervisor and they schedule a technician for Saturday (next day) from 8 am - 5.30 pm... I was there at site between schedule time. No one showed up.... I called multiple times to their customer service number.... The only answer that I got was "the agent is coming "... No one showed up....

I lost 13000 dollars before even start of the business because of false promise Bell makes. If agent is not coming then please don't give false promises... Just tell us on face that we are not coming.... My business now is going to start after 4 months due to change in schedule from our software providers... I have all the proofs about the e-mail conversation and I send it to them.... The only answer I got "Sorry". I was just expecting that they would at least come next day..... Least if anyone is reading this message I would say.... "Do not trust bell and their services..." I am really annoyed for losing 13000 dollars.... If you are reading this message please do not trust bell.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My parents have been Bell customers for over 25 years. They are currently stuck in Portugal during the COVID-19 pandemic and are anxiously trying to contact airlines and other contacts to secure the soonest possible flight home to Canada. Of course, due to the pandemic, airlines customer service wait times are long and they must remain on hold for hours.... which accrues major roaming charges.

As major mobility service providers such as Rogers and Telus are waiving roaming fees for customers as they try to get home to Canada during this difficult time, I called Bell to ask if they were offering the same. I assumed they would be as most other businesses (including even airlines) are waiving fees to ease financial burden and stress in these exceptional circumstances. I was disgusted to hear that Bell is not waiving fees and, in fact, suggested that I review the travel package options and add it to my parents' plan for an ADDITIONAL CHARGE... They are looking to profit from this pandemic situation.

As small businesses are closing and other big companies are offering reduced rates and fees during this time, I find it deplorable that a major corporation like Bell Canada can't put themselves aside to show compassion for customers and the greater good. I will be changing providers as soon as this situation is over, my parents will be switching providers, and I will strongly advise other friends and family to take their business to Telus or Rogers. We should not be supporting a company that seeks to profit off of the ill-fortune of loyal customers, especially in a global situation like this. They should be ashamed.

Original review: March 17, 2020

We’ve already established this company has the worst customer service so no need for me to go into details. I had an issue I needed resolved and all I received was, "We’re sorry ma’am, we can’t see any record ma’am, very sorry ma’am." When I advised that I was closing my account due to ineffective service - it didn’t seem to phase them. So off I went back to Rogers. Best decision I ever made. I only left Rogers because Bell had a better deal 3 years ago BUT that was a bad decision- People, use Rogers, Bell is not ready yet. To date, no one has contacted me to find out why I closed my account and that is because they I believe they don’t care. You don’t need any more information than that. Stay away from Bell Mobility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: March 10, 2020

Bell is the worst phone provider out there right now. Been overcharged many many times, customer service is complete **, and everything is so much more expensive than other providers. I would recommend no one go under bell.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Hi there, I generally do not give reviews but Bell is worst provider of all. They are always eager to rip off their customers. Once you are its client, be prepared for unusual charges. Go with Rogers instead. I have been with Rogers for a long time and it is very ethical company.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Customer service very frustrating. Installer did not check with me before installing the satellite dish. I live in a duplex. He ended up installing it on my next door neighbour’s property. Very expensive for what you get. Huge bill. Frustrating remote. Locked into a two year contract, $175.00 charge if you cancel in the first year. $75.00 in the second. I am waiting those two years to go by, so I can change service.

Original review: March 9, 2020

So I have a La Sala restaurant. I take over 2017 September, from previous I took the same number, I don't have no contract with Bell so now it's 2020, February I changed to Rogers then they told me I have contract with bell, on top of that they don't have my email address. I talked to one sales rep, automatically contract will go on, he didn't send me any reply. Without asking me how can they renew the contract again. They said to me they don't have any time to talk to customer.

How Bell Canada does not have time to talk to any people. How can they not talk to a customer, they did not even call me to re-negotiate, and they charge me $900 for the contract rejection, if I have a contract how can they increase my landline from $49 to $100, it's suppsoed to be be $49 every month. How can Bell cheat the customers like this. All the customer I advise please check your Bell contract, don't renegotiate your contract. They want to just make money. I'm not going to leave this. I'm going to court. All people need to know about this problem. I'm helping all bell canada customer how to solve this problem, after I solved this problem I will put another review. Thank you very much.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Bell Canada is actually the worst internet provider I've ever experienced. Hey Bell let's talk about how my Wifi hotspot from my Rogers phone is faster than the Wi-fi being delivered by your modem to my computer. It seems like the sound of a queef from a Norwegian Reindeer would hit my ear before I get a stable connection.

Online gaming is impossible with Bell. I have the fiber 100 package (100mbps down, 10mbps up) which should be more than enough for a proper gaming experience. I have done everything in my power to remedy the issue; I've bought a wifi repeater, I've reset the modem, I've called Bell customer service multiple times but they all say that the service is fine because the service to the modem is fine so the speed to my device is something they can do nothing about... I've checked my computer settings, I've gone into the Bell modem control center and checked logs/looked at all the settings I could check, I've made sure the drivers on my wifi adapter for my desktop are all updated...

The only thing I haven't done is moved my entire desktop upstairs to plug it in directly to the modem to check the wired speed because.... The reason my computer is in the basement is because that's where I have to have it. If I could have had it in the living room I would have done that. If I could have the modem placed beside my computer I would have already done that. I'm not technologically illiterate.

I don't live in a mansion. There is no reason that the wifi should be this terrible even with a repeater. Other people who live in the house don't even play video games; They watch Netflix or Youtube videos, and play Candy Crush in between. There is no excuse as to why LITERALLY EVERY FEW SECONDS my game has to jump to catch up to real times events because the speed is inconsistent and not delivering at the speed I expect.

I have been with other services in the past, and the only reason I am with Bell currently is because my in-laws used them and didn't seem to have any problems until I moved in here. Nobody plays games here so I didn't expect them to see any real time inconsistencies with the internet. I even upgraded them from the 50mbps plan to the 100mpbs plan and made is FIBER. This is atrocious. Never again. I can't wait to switch.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team