Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.06/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I had the satellite service installed a couple weeks back. They were eager to come and install to get my money. Every time we turned on the tv the tv would say that the signal was unsupported and we would have to reboot the receiver. We called and they deemed that the receiver was not working properly. They sent us a new receiver and it too did the same thing. I called and had to talk to 5 people to get someone to cancel my service and was hoping they would come and get their dish and receivers. They told me they would send prepaid boxes to send the receivers back and that it was my responsibility to pay a technician to have the satellite removed and that I was to throw it away. I have never had this poor of service in my life. Bell should be ashamed. We need more companies for the competition so that this doesn't happen. Unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I was a Bell customer for a few months. They cold called me and gave me some extra offers by telephone. The bill seemed a bit high but when I checked, I found they did not charge me as they promised on the phone. I told them they could use their recordings. They said that since I did not call in time, they could not change the bill but they would change the future bills. Then I called about my modem placement. They said since my modem installation was still under warranty, moving the modem would be free. Now there is a $70 charge plus tax on my bill for what they promised would be no charge.

Get buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I have had another bad experience with Bell. There have been so many over the years. This recent one really rubs me the wrong way though. My wife and I recently moved out the city and we have a one year old with more on way. So we get bell wireless internet. Works ok, my wife works from home most days and we stream Netflix. I notice we are about to go over our 350 gb for the month, so I call bell knowing full well we will need more data for the month as we are only 21 days in.

I get a helpless bell drone who explains there is nothing they can do. She says the overage fee will top out at 100$ so it won’t be that bad. I wish I could use this unethical immoral line of thinking in my work, but I do have to look myself in the mirror so I can’t do that. Needless to say we got charged the full 100$ overage fee, we were 30 gb over and I pay 80$ for 350gb to put that in perspective. These companies need held accountable for constantly gouging their clients. It’s not right.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

So it is pretty clear that Bell has the worst review record I have every seen for any company. It is really time to make people aware of specific individuals in this dysfunctional company. My wife and I recently changed out internet and TV to Bell because the Rogers service kept failing for the past 5+ years. I finally got fed up during the playoffs this year. Bell internet is slower but stable.

In the process of switching our TV/internet, a Bell rep offered us a package for our cell phones. What a mistake. The person is an outright rogue. Her name Anna **. She said, "When you receive the contract, it will not reflect our verbal agreement. Just email when you get your SIMS and I'll fix it." Well the email bounced back because she does accept emails from customers. Do you think I could get this correct. Nope. Turns out "NO ONE CAN CHANGE A NEW CONTRACT EXCEPT THE ROGUE PERSON WHO DUPED." This company is a disaster. The employees have circled the wagons and the last thing they care about is the customer. It's a cesspool of incompetent self-server employees. It would be so nice to see some real competition in Canada with cell phones.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

#1. Bell Cana gives customers, a used modem to start with and not a new one, when they sign up with Bell Canada, for internet service. The refurbished modems, also do not have any batteries in them. This is a disservice, because new customers are not told by Bell Canada, that they are starting them off with a used product.

#2. Bell Canada has technicians, who are not honest and sometimes will disrupt your service, for no justifiable reasons.

#3. Bell Canada's management is also rude. They do not call you back during the time frame that they give you, and sometimes they do not call you back at all. I noticed that if I do not take the call from Bell Canada, customer service, because I was busy at the time, they y internet service would go down afterwards. And stays down. I do not recommend using Bell Canada, because of the dishonesty (giving you a used product, to begin with) and the bad service from the technicians, when you need technical support. And also using a third party, independent technicians, to come to your home, without telling you first that they do not work for Bell Canada but have an independent status, with Bell Canada as a third party provider. And some of them are rude and scary to have in your home.

* I am upset that after four days, without any internet service, recently, that it took a female technician, to turn y internet back on this morning, after dealing with the male technicians, for the last few days, who had claimed that they could not fix the problem, on their end. Yet the female technician, was able to do this within a few minutes, this morning. Those Bell Canada male technicians, all of whom has an accent, because they are in other countries, and not in Canada, are dishonest, most of them.

Horrible service. Frequent disruptions on a daily basis. Sometimes this is done by the Bell Canada technicians, purposely. Although they deny this. For instance, I've had no internet for the last four days, consecutively and the male technicians try to blame it on the modem. Just spoke with a female technician, who ran a test and found that it was a network problem, that Bell had disrupted my service (intentionally) and fixed it immediately. And then apologized for the disruption. The technicians could have fixed it yesterday, since they knew that it was a network problem and not the line or modem, but they did not.

I have been having this problem, with Bell Canada for months, since I got the internet. The reason that they do this, is to harass me, I believed this wholeheartedly. Because each time that I lose the internet, my bill I insist that my bill be reduced, for the lack of service. This I believe is why they keep disrupting my service, because I pay less each month, because my internet is disrupted so much.

The other serious concern, is that Bell Canada uses technicians, that do not work for Bell Canada, but are independent contractors. Some of them are very rude, and I had one that was verbally abusive, when he had come out a few months ago, to check the line. Which was working fine, yet my service was still being disrupted, by Bell Canada on a daily basis.

The third big issue, is that Bell Canada, do not give customers a brand new modem, when they start the service. Bell Canada uses a refurbished modem, with its customers. So from the start they are getting inadequate service, for what they are paying for. Bell Canada should tell the new customers, that to begin with that they are getting a used modem, when they sign up with Bell Canada and not a brand new one. Let the customer decide if they want to start their service with Bell Canada, with a used product. Bell Canada do disrupt your service and harass you, by cutting off your internet and for no good reason. I have always paid my bill, yet I get frequent disruptions, with my internet service with Bell Canada. The female technician who turned my internet back on this morning, when the male technicians did not yesterday, proved my point.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Plan was given to me for $50 and end up getting charged $75, it's not my first time experiencing such thing will Bell. I am not sure why they are still operating, they should just close it down. Do not go with Bell unless you want to give away your money for nothing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I wish I could give this company a minus 10 rating. They are the worse company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a new phone (Note 20 ultra 512 GB variant), I was told to make a deposit of $500.00. I said okay. It took me over a week trying to figure out how to make the deposit. It's like I was begging them to take my money. Every time I called I was transferred. They were giving me the run around. I finally was able to make the deposit and realized if this was how they were before I became a customer, how would they be after. I promptly cancelled the phone and asked for a refund. This was August 24th. It's October 6th and I still haven't gotten my money back yet. I have been given the run around so many times. Always an excuse. The last guy told me I would get my money back at the end of September. It's the 6th of October and nothing.

I just spoke to them again and this time the woman apologized saying that she didn't know why the refund was not done and that she did it now. She insisted it was done and I would get my money back in 10 business days. Wow. Another wait to get my money back. Bell is the worst. Do not... I reiterate... DO NOT deal or do business with Bell. They are terrible and unprofessional. Go with Telus. Much better customer service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I got a text message from Bell saying my account is overdue and told them I’ll make the payment once I get my first bill for my account numbers but they said it will be 10-14 days. Then the next day they texted me saying I’ve got 2 days. This is the worst cell phone plan in my life.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Although the Bell Canada products are good, the main problem is that the prices are always changing. I have been a customer for about 18 months and my bills change constantly. It's impossible to budget the cost of the service as it's always changing. It's very annoying and not worth the trouble. I was with Videotron prior to switching to Bell and I'm seriously considering going back.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Upon signing up for their "ultra high speed" internet I was promised minimum download speeds of 1.7MPBS. Only on the day of installation and on the days someone finally came to service the product did I get this speed, and then only for an hour or two after they left. They are rude and unsympathetic to customer problems. We haven't been able to even watch Netflix due to the slow speeds. Many times the speed ranges from .08 to .16MBPS, not even fast enough to download emails. Calling them to get help results only in a major blood pressure increase as you listen to them yelling at you for attempting to complain about the service.

Then, after being promised a "free" modem included in the monthly price I find our bill has increased by another $4.54 due to somewhere in their fine print (I was told) that it is only free for 3 months. The print must be very fine, because I can't locate it anywhere. Problem with living in the countryside is that we have no choice who we pick for an internet provider. Be assured Bell knows this and treats us accordingly. I wish there were viable alternatives.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team