Bell Canada

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to the Bell store at Southcentre mall in Calgary after I lost my phone. I had it blocked by calling the Solomobile line and wanted to get it back online. The Store clerk blatantly lied to me that this was not possible and I would have to migrate to (a much more expensive contract with) Bell. The reason she gave was that Solo does not exist anymore and My phones would stop working on January the 31st anyway. I had to stop her right away and she seemed very angry that I would not take her word for it so I retrieved my phone and left the shop.

When I got home, I called Solo who put the phone back on line and assured me that they did indeed exist and no changes to my contract were required. Either the store clerk was poorly trained or misinformed or she was blatantly lying to me. Whatever it was this is the worst kind of customer service I have ever encountered. To make it worse, unless you are a Bell customer, there is no way to complain to them directly.

I don't give any reviews at all, but just to let consumers know that before you choose Bell as your cellular network, rethink again. We are four in the family, my husband and I and our two kids, all of us are with Bell for the last 8 years with postpaid plans. My husband and my 2-year contract ended and we were asking what offer they could give loyal customers like us. They said they don't offer people anything except the upfront postpaid plans. That was such a waste of 8 years and thousands of dollars. We buy our phones from them and pay the plans on top of it. The service agents were even arrogant almost like saying they don't need us. They have thousands of subscribers and it wouldn't matter anyway if they lose four loyal customers. Please, for the love of God, stay away from Bell. (We had to take our business elsewhere. And not only did the competitor met our expectations, they even exceeded them.)

In October I received a call from a Bell representative offering to upgrade my internet connection from Fibe 25 to Fibe 50 at no additional cost. I asked if this was a short term promotion, and how much my bill would increase after it was over. I was told it was not a short term deal, that my bill would not increase in a few months. So I accepted. Bill for November came in and increased by $17.00. Called Bell and after 45 minutes on the phone, had the bill reduced to what I was paying before. Problem solved. NOT! Bill for December comes in and it was increased by over $10.00. Call them again, but this time they tell me they can do nothing, the present amount is what I will have to pay. They say I must have misinterpreted the promotion. There was no misinterpretation on my part.

I asked specific questions and indicated I was not willing to pay more for extra GB's I would not use. I was assured there would not be any increase to my bill, and I would be receiving a faster internet speed for changing. I have now rolled my connection back to Fibe 25 and looking for a new IP service. This is the second time Bell has screwed me. At one time I had Fibe 10 with Bell, and one day decided to check the prices for increasing my service. Found out that Fibe 10 was no longer available from Bell, and the cost of Fibe 25 was cheaper than what I was paying at the time. No one from Bell advised me of this. For months I was paying for a service they no longer offered and at a price higher than the upgrade. I've been with Bell for a long time, but think it's time to shop around.

I have been a Bell Mobility customer for the last four years. Due to the type of employment I have we have very busy seasons and I often pay the bill as it comes in quickly and without review. What caught my attention is that I received a $1300.00 in November, which I stupidly paid. The about 5-6 weeks later I received another bill from Bell totaling $1350.00. This is for three phone lines. Mine, my husband's and my son who is very responsible with his use. When I called Bell for an explanation I was transferred numerous times and no one could tell me why. That made me go back over my 2016 cell phone bills.

Turned out that I had already paid $6500.00 in 2016 and if I paid what they wanted now my total for 2016 would be over $7800.00. So I looked back at 2015. This is also sickening. Not as bad as 16 but over $6000.00. In total in the last two years I have paid Bell... Ready... $13780.00. WOW. They are the worst company I have ever had the nightmare of dealing with. They should not be allowed to do this to customers. What a scam and ripoff.

Worst company ever. They are always having tv or internet issues. I have replaced my tv box's multiple times still the same problems keep occurring, the customer service is horrible and I can't wait for my contract to be up so we can cancel our services with them immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

My telephone bill, for October 2016, was increased by $ 18.00. I called Bell and was told this is because "the promotion you had before has ended". So, I decided to cancel the service and go with voice over IP. Here comes Gem from customer service. After more than one hour on the phone, she came up with an offer: 1- Better TV package, 2- Same internet service and 3- Same telephone service. All of the above for $ 10.00 LESS than my previous deal. $10.00 less means I maintained the same internet & telephone service as before and got a better TV package. I accepted. Throughout the conversation, GEM used the cliche statements "I am here to serve you." That was the end of it.

The next bill came at $ 70.00 MORE than Gem's offer. So, I called Gem. 1- One hour of absolute denial that she ever made me the offer I claim she did.

2- One hour of trying to explain to me what (pro-rated) means. 3- One hour of complete lies right to my face. Knowing that I was taken for a ride with this woman, I asked her to downgrade all my services to the absolute minimum (started TV package, lower internet & basic telephone). She recalculated the amount to a cost higher than what I paid 2 months earlier for a lot more services.

That was OK with me since all that I wanted is to gain a couple of weeks to arrange for services from a different provider. It was then that Gem threw another issue: $ 150.00 if I cancel my TV service. I told her that I have a confirmation from Bell that my TV service has no cancellation fee at all. She did not budge. Gem was a role model for a gem of customer service. She lies the way she breathes. Long story short I had no alternative but to accept.

Few days later I called to check how should I return the TV receivers that are Bell's. A gentleman answers. He asked why I am canceling. I told him. Within few minutes he was able to locate the offer GEM made (and GEM denied); said Bell will honor the offer Gem made and sent a confirmation email with the exact details of what we will be getting and the cost. He activated all the services per agreement and few days later he sent an email confirming that he will call once the new bill is issued to make sure it reflects what we have agreed to. Furthermore, he credit our account for the additional charges that Ms. Gem has taken the liberty to charge.

Bottom line: With Bell, ask for a written confirmation of whatever you have agreed to. What Bell sends typically is a transaction number. Do not accept this. Ask for a detailed email describing the services and the cost of each service. In my experience, the worst customer service I encountered in my life came from Bell (Gem). One of the best customer experiences I also had, came from a Bell too.

I have three cell phones with Bell that are not on contract. I called Bell on December 30 to get a Montreal plan for my son who is attending University in Quebec. I gave the agent my son's number and my son picked a new 514 number. The change was suppose to take effect January 12 to coincide with my bill cycle so that we don't incur partial charges. Agent verified this. I woke up December 31 to find out that Bell went ahead and change the plan immediately. Not only did they change the plan but they made the changes on my line instead of my son. I called to get this fixed. Instead of fixing one problem they created three problems because now all three lines were cross and we had each others number. I called back, spent three hours on the phone to fix the problem. They couldn't fixed it and told us to go to the store to get it done.

We drove to a store to get it fixed. They fixed each line but now I'm told I can't get my fab 10 back because it was an old plan and sorry but it's no longer available. A higher price plan is available. I was also informed that the agent gave me wrong information because the plan had to be implemented same time. Changes couldn't wait to coincide with my billing cycle. I came home now only to find out that I was put on a Montreal number along with my son. I called Bell now another two hours on the phone. I spoke to a supervisor who did not know what he was doing. I realized he did not know what he was doing and told him to leave our phones, not to make any change to my line because it was New years eve and we did not want to be without a phone. I just wanted to get my old number back. He wasn't suppose to touch the other lines.

Came off the phone only to find out that my phone wasn't working and now my son had my old number and his new Montreal number was not working. He went ahead anyway without my consent and mess up our phone lines again. I called technical department five times and no one was able to help. Imagine a teenager without a number for his friends to contact him on New years eve? This is unacceptable. What happens to Bell employees? Why aren't they trained properly? One job they had to do with one phone line and it turned into a nightmare. It's New years day and the issue remains.

I am now waiting until Monday to go back to a store. I am also waiting to see what they do with my bill and to see how they are going to sort this mess out. I am not paying a higher bill for this mess. I want my fab 10 back or the $62 plan that's equivalent to it. It's sad that Bell can do this to its customers and get away with it. It's a scam to get customers to pay higher price for less. If it was possible to rate Bell zero I would. It was a simple phone call with a simple request.

I have been a supporter of Bell for over 20 years and every time I travel I realize just how screwed we Canadians are using BELL. They really don't bring us any value. They do not work at getting good, solid connections to any countries outside of Canada. This is the 21 century and our largest carrier which charges the highest fees compared to the rest of the world is completely useless when it comes to travel abroad. But they love to charge fees and promises the world but when the rubber hits the road they are useless. Sometime the phone works, mobile works but data doesn't, both don't but if the wind blows in just the right direction we might get lucky to call our loved ones or find out if our family is safe or our companies are still running. Really the only sure thing about Bell is our bills will arrive on time and if they don't it our problem. If our phones don't it our problem.

The network in Europe has more competition and works 10 times better. Our US counterparts sit pool side and chat all day long. Lots of competition and lots of pay for what you get networks. But BELL mobility sells themself as a premium carrier with a "screw them all" mentality and a "who gives a crap about" service attitude. All I can say is we Canadians are being screwed. Happy new year Canada. BELL mobility earns a 0 on my 1 to 10 scale of quality but the fat cats running the company and the Canadian government. Just sit back and laugh cause we just keeps pay our bills like good old Canadians.

In September 2016, got a mail offer from Bell. A bundle of 3 services would cost me $80 per month plus tax on a 2 year contract. During a phone call with a sales rep, I was told that the offer was valid, but... but the $80 would only give me some barebone services, 75 GB, and a meager TV package. So, I decided to stay with Rogers. A week later, decided to still try the Bell offer. In terms of quality of TV/internet, I didn't notice any big difference. Well, it was OK for the price. Two months later, my monthly bill shows an increase of $25. Surprise!!!! Call customer service. The agent explains, the two month movie package promotion has expired, hence the increase. What 2 month promotion? Where did it say? I was promised $80 monthly for 2 years!!! So, I yelled at the guy. He removed the promotional TV movie package, and restored the original $80 fee.

However, why I am writing this review and giving a 5 star (only for this particular case) is because today, I got a call from a Bell Manager. She was just doing a routine follow up of cases at hand. So, she called and offered, for serious, the TV movie package (that the agent removed 2 days ago) free of charge, for two years, because, she acknowledged, Bell failed to duly notify me of the $25 movie promotional package. How sweet is that? What are the odds of this happening? Getting a candy from Robelus? So, decided to write this review.

As a former customer of Bell Canada, I am not one to write poor reviews for any company, but for this, I will make an exception. I have been a Bell customer for approximately 22 years out of the last 30 years. Recently I have had my fill of prices going up a dollar here 3 dollars there, etc. When calling for an explanation, I get told price increase or, we made a mistake and just correcting it. In recent months I have had to cancel my satellite TV because of good channels being removed from the basic lineup, prices going up and finding nothing worth watching between hundreds of foreign channels and other channels that do not interest me. I have listened to promises of faster internet coming to my area for far too many years and prices going up and up with less service.

Although the service provided was fairly reliable as far as being there when needed, with a few exceptions, the service at 3.5 average Mbps just no longer fit my needs and I made the decision to switch to Teksavvy. Teksavvy was happy to handle my disconnect from Bell and to hook me up with a new service 6-7 times faster with 3x the bandwidth for considerably less cost. Teksavvy set and confirmed with Bell for a Dec. 10th disconnect of my internet service. Bell then called me on Dec 2nd with a lie that my service would be disconnected on Dec. 4th. When I informed them I was unaware of any disconnection for the 4th, and they had the wrong date, they argued with me and said the only way they could change that date was for me to accept their new offer.

After much discussion back and forth, I accepted the offer so I would not lose my internet before the actual confirmed date and they were informed I would not be staying with Bell because I was in the process of obtaining a new provider. Soon as this call was done, they informed Teksavvy they had won me back and Teksavvy lost out. I confirmed with Teksavvy that was not the case and they were still going to get my business so they again rescheduled a disconnect date of Dec 10th. On Dec 7th I turned on my computer to this notice from Bell my internet would be cut off that night. Again I informed them they had the wrong date and I was told, there was no way change that date unless I agreed to accept a new offer with them.

Knowing they would again try to delay the process with my new provider, I refused the offer and told them my internet had better stay on until the confirmed date of the 10th. I even gave them their own confirmation number they provided Teksavvy with and they refused to acknowledge it. Subsequently, my internet was disconnected on the 7th. 3 days early. When I tried to have the issue fixed, Tech support and repair said it had to be fixed and turned on by the business office and he had no way to help me.

I contacted Teksavvy who, contacted Bell on my behalf to straighten out the issue. Within 2 hrs my internet was turned back on, but I had no access. I again called Bell and spoke to repair that informed me all information had been wiped from my modem and he proceeded to reprogram it for me and I again had access. After my day, I came home to find out again my internet was not working. I had no access. After 3 hrs on the phone with repair, they told me they could not fix the issue and had to send a technician to the house... but it would not be until the following evening when I was home again. I waited around the following evening and received a phone call from Bell that because of bad weather, they could not send out a technician. I looked outside and there was no rain and no snow. I checked the weather network to verify this so-called terrible weather in Kitchener, only to find out it was only cloudy and expecting light snow.

In my honest opinion, I feel Bell lied to me over and over about the wrong disconnect date trying to force me to accept new deals and stay with them. When that did not work, they made my last few days a total HELL and went out of their way to ensure I had no internet to use and enjoy. This caused me to be late with school assignments because the internet was needed. I am totally convinced this was all done to spite me for leaving.

Bell Canada tried using lies, deceit and illegal pressure tactics to try and force me to stay with them knowing full well they could not provide me with the service I now needed and required. Their spiteful ways in denying me my full internet service until the confirmed disconnect date is shameful and should not be allowed to continue with other customers.

If there was a score lower than 1 star, I would give it. Worst service I have ever encountered, anywhere!! 11 Retention managers and the office of the president contact just to have them keep their word about the offer they gave me with my cell phone, but when I went to the store to get it they couldn't honour the deal - Unbelievable. That's not even why I'm writing this review. As ridiculous as it is, I recently signed up for internet and TV services because of the good price that a salesperson offered me. Three appointments to install later - all of which were confirmed prior, multiple times (through phone calls and text) - and they still haven't showed up. Having people take off work to accommodate their asinine timelines and not show up, again... Seriously??

I'm a busy person like everyone else with kids and job who cannot afford the time or money to get the runaround from a company that should be working to keep my business. It's a circus to say the least and the cartels of Canadian home entertainment services can kiss my business Goodbye!!! I try to support Canadian goods and services but Bell is the furthest thing from embodying Canadian values and ethics. The day will come when more companies offer internet and TV services in Canada and create fair value pricing through competition and maybe even treat their customers like actually valued customers!

Internet shuts off randomly. Tried calling CSR... wait time is more than 45 mins. We are talking about a company that spends almost 1 billion $ in research. Please invest some money in improving CSR and existing technology. Company that sues small IPTV provider... Also sues DTH on Roku player, a company that is revising rate in Feb 2017 to bring best internet to Canada. Please, please give us the reliable internet... better than underdeveloped world. Awful, super awful experience.

Just unbelievable... In last two months 5 times my business phone line and internet was not working. I spent more than 70 hours!!! Always waiting to speak with customer service representative. Every time they speak different and act different. Worst company I have ever deal with. Not trained people and they speak so rudely. They should understand client practical situation. They just want to earn money and when there is a hold you can hear false things like repair and technical support within one day. All rubbish... Every time there is a problem in the billing we have to call and then only they give credit. They don't care about clients because they have lots of clients... I spoke to even supervisor and he said he will call me back asap but I'm still waiting response.

Because BELL is a large company we all think we should go with them. DO NOT. They offer NO customer service when trying to correct billing issues caused by them. They AUTO renew contract even when you have called 4 times and received confirmation numbers NOT to auto renew months in advance. DO NOT support dishonest businesses like Bell. Try and 1 good Bell review... it will be difficult to find! Please save yourself and your company the grief.

Seriously the worst customer service I had to deal with! Cancelled my account in August, returned all the equipment. Then they send me a new bill for the month of September! I call them back and they say it's cancelled and I don't have to worry about it! Then I receive the same bill again, I call back. The lady says that the cancellation got was confirmed in October and that I have to pay or else that will ruin my credit history! And she can see that the cancelation was made in August! SO basically threatening me for a service I didn't get. Be aware of this company everyone!

About a month ago, a representative from Bell was going door-to-door in our area in an effort to drum up customers. Foolishly, we signed on with Bell, because of the lower cost of internet, phone and cable TV. I'd had a dreadful experience some years ago while having Bell try to provide internet service; it was really awful and I could never manage to contact a technician. The problems with Bell have already begun. I had a Bell employee call me on Sunday afternoon (!) telling me that our free movie special (supposedly free for two months) was going to be blocked if we didn't pay our bill. I asked her how much the bill was and she gave me the amount. I made note of it and told her I'd pay it via my bank's telephone bill service payment plan. Oh, no. That wouldn't do at all. I had to wait until the paper bill arrived in the mail. Guess what? The bill still hasn't arrived.

Tuesday evening, the cable TV service began to act glitchy. It righted itself but yesterday morning the service encountered some trouble. Once it righted itself again, the internet service slowed to a long and painful and screeching halt. This was at 10:50 AM and at shortly after 2:00 PM, I had the internet back, but had to reformat a lot of things on my PC. I still cannot access my main gmail account. I don't know what happened to cause all this damage/chaos, but I am so fed up with Bell, the provider from double 'h' 'e' double hockey stick. For anyone considering this farce of a provider for any of the services it offers, please don't sign up with Bell. Putting up with Bell's incompetence and lack of support will age even the hardiest and youngest of us beyond our years. Avoid Bell like the plague that it is.

Discussed installing internet using live chat. I stated that the earliest I could be home for installation was 4:30 pm. Agent says no problem, technician will come at 4:30. I confirm the time again, again agent says no problem, technician will come at 4:30. Same evening I get a message saying technician will come between 12 to 5 pm. Call to customer service was thoroughly unhelpful - no apology, no explanation, just "we can't do that" over and over again. Basically staff will make up whatever lies to get your sale, internet is not even up yet and I know they have no integrity. Will update as the bogus charges inevitably start coming in.

Marketing agents fooled with a deal of $109 for Fibe TV and Unlimited Internet but once installation complete get confirmation with $150.00 billing. Marketing person calls up for increased internet speed at $7 price increase I agree. Next email comes speed increased with a bond for 2 years and 2gb. I call customer service. They remove the limits and say such thing will not be done. Within 1 week I received an email of discontinuing services within 2 days with a change of address. I am sick and tired of them harassing me and making money. I call customer service with the problem. They say they will stop the cancellation and take my telephone number for asking the loyalty department to call. It's been more than a week but, no callback.

It seems Bell is now making millions on calculated miscommunications. I hear nightmares from more and more people everyday which also lost patience on hours of phone calls getting nowhere with Bell Canada. They tell me they also get overcharged and it still doesn't get resolve properly. Now Bell do not offer any promos to keep you as their loyal customer. I have been a loyal customer for over 35 years and they are now charging me on my October One Bill $265.36 which is more than double last month's bill. It's because my 1 year promo term is done according to them. It's partly my fault since I should take a course on dealing with Bell's terms and conditions and not believe what you are explained over the phone.

On top of that, they just told me I would have a penalty of 75.00 if I cancel since they gave me a discount for the initial installation and the initial email I got explaining the charges is no good since they do not go back 1 year to verify. BUYERS BEWARE. I understand why more and more people find themselves having to possibly see a shrink. I encourage you to please also share your experiences so something might get done about these unfair treatments and charges which most of us cannot afford.

On October 22, I installed a new cellphone SIM card I received from Bell. My old SIM card was working fine but apparently, the new card was to allow my cellphone to access the LTE network. After installing the card and restarting my phone I could only make emergency calls. No service. No access to my voicemail. At 4:22 PM, I called the Bell support line at 1-800-667-0123. The rep told me that the new sim information had not been updated on my account. I was assured that my phone service would be restored within 30 minutes and that I should restart my phone every 10 minutes or so. By 7:00 PM I still did not have phone service and called the Bell support line. After 30 minutes the rep could not fix the problem and transferred me to "Level 2" technical support. No one answered after being on hold for another 30 minutes and I hung up to have dinner.

The rep did suggest I try reinstalling my old SIM card, but it no longer works. At 8:15 PM I still did not have phone service and called the support line again. After 38 minutes with this rep (and disassembling and reassembling my phone, locating and trying the SIM in an old phone) she transferred me again to "Level 2" tech support. The line rang once and I received the Line Out Of Service Intercept message ("The number you have dialed is not in service..."). I hung up and called back the support line. As I type this I have been on hold for 37 minutes, listening to the world's worst Muzak (the same music repeats every 2 minutes and 55 seconds). Bell lost my home phone and internet service a couple of years ago. We stayed with Bell Mobility because of our corporate plan. If someone doesn't answer this support call soon I'm going to give Rogers a call.

39 minutes...45 minutes...50 minutes...55 minutes...ONE HOUR and still on hold. Does Bell Mobility consider this to be good customer service? Take an hour out of YOUR day and listen to your Muzak. For an hour. 1 hour, 5 minutes...1 hour, 10 minutes...1 hour, 15 minutes...1 hour, 20 minutes...1 hour, 25 minutes...I'm killing time and discovered that I can get my old SIM to work in another old phone I dug up. Old SIM no longer works in my newest phone. New SIM doesn't work in any phone and now my newest phone doesn't work. So thanks for that. AN HOUR AND A HALF on hold. You guys know you really suck, right?

UPDATE: I was on hold for 2 hours, 51 minutes, 28 seconds. I'd still be on hold but the battery went dead on my cordless phone. NEW UPDATE: At about 12:45 AM on October 23, I was finally able to get through to another customer support representative. I think I woke him up. It was like talking to comedian Steven Wright. Or Carlton Your Doorman. I explained the problem I had been having and he told me that the Level 2 Tech Support had left for the day and that he was the only tech support. I asked him what he might suggest to fix my problem and he said "the system" was down so he couldn't verify anything.

I also complained about the 2 hours and 51 minutes I had to wait on hold earlier in the evening. Silence. I asked him if he was still there. He said, still in a bored, disinterested tone, "What do you want me to do?". I asked him if this kind of on-hold wait time is now the norm. Could I expect this level of service from Bell in the future? "It's out of my hands", he replied. I asked him if a supervisor was on duty. He said no. I asked when a supervisor would be on duty. "Later on", he said. "At what time?" I asked. Finally, he told me a supervisor would be in at 9:00 AM. I told him I would call back then. "Fine", he said and hung up. No apology. Nothing. Just a bored, disinterested drone with zero interest in customer support. I escalated my complaint through the Bell Mobility website, but to-date (November 2, 2016) nothing has been done.

Called to report slow internet speed: 1130 - agent #1 (online chat). Determined my internet account had been cancelled (no record of who cancelled the service). Note that I was using online chat at the time. Deferred to the "Account specialist". 1200 - on hold for 10 minutes. Spoke to supervisor. Call disconnected at 1230 while I was on hold and was picked up by business tech support. When she realized I was calling about residential internet, she transferred my call. 1244 - bell mobility support, then she transferred me to residential internet support. 1258 - call disconnected. 1305 - called back, spoke to representative who then transferred call to the "cancellation department." I hung up and called back to internet support. 1320 - call transferred to "accounts". 1330 - things are looking up. Jennifer was going to be able to help. 1340 - call disconnected. 1340 - called back and found out that I have been using my neighbours internet since Aug.

I had been having a problem with my internet since Jan when I switched to Bell. The technician who came to my home must have mistakenly disconnected my internet. This experience has proven to me that Bell Canada has serious internal problems and deficiencies that reflect poorly on the senior management teams. P.S. providing my order # will only show you the point at which I was able to get help. It will not show you the trail of the 10 other representatives I spoke to today. You have a lot of work to do to improve this service. If I had any other viable choice in service provider I would definitely have cancelled my account with Bell today.

I called Bell one week and two days prior to my move date when I would no longer be needing Bell internet. I received an email stating the time and date my internet service would be canceled. So far so good! 24 hours later my internet is turned off. Completely contradicting the confirmation email they sent out. Since then I have spent COUNTLESS hours on the phone trying to reconnect my internet that I still require for business purposes for the week. I have spoke to Bell customer service agents who have yelled at me, interrupted me, hung up on me and given me false guarantees with reference numbers confirming that my internet would be up within 24 hours.

I am on day 4 without internet. Appalling service. Speaking to friends and colleagues and this is a common story, Bell not caring about your service once you tell them you are leaving and canceling early. They are full of false promises and send out misleading information and emails. Do not trust them. Do not give them your money. AVOID BELL! It is NOT WORTH IT!

Bell sales rep called for no obligation loyalty internet upsell mid-September for only $5.00 more per month, which I accepted. Email was received September 14 confirming the service upgrade. This email did not mention upgrade being tied to a new term, rather as an ongoing promo, which is all good... so far. On September 19 or 20th, I canceled all of my services with Bell and was busy transitioning to new provider. Fast forward to my final bill, I am misbilled for every single service & charged a $100 termination fee for the mentioned upgrade. I search my email and find that on September 22 *after my cancellation* I received an email from Bell about the upgrade, this time they made sure to cite a two year term which was never mentioned, never would I have agreed.

On the phone many times with Bell to correct all of their mistakes, 97% of which is spent sitting on hold, then possibly being hung up on. Their notes on my account are not updated and don't have an accurate history of events and agreements. Case manager assigned to call within 48 hours never calls. Wasting more time chasing Bell to fix their mistakes and feel like they should be paying me for doing this for them. Nice customer experience management, right? The funny thing is that I was happy with Bell and even mentioned this to them. Husband wanted to switch. I had planned to return and that was obvious. I guess losing a loyal long term customer and their business is not worth as much as a desperate grab for a few ill gotten dollars *right now*. Instant gratification at any cost. Understand this a loss, not a win. How short sighted!

Now my loyalty is lost. The case is in progress. I am the one who is owed money and looking forward to finding out how it is handled, and how Bell will manage mounting fallout due to this kind of activity on reputation channels. I hope this helps existing Bell customers to be aware of such activity and insist on confirmation of terms and conditions in writing, same day. Then, more importantly, to watch out for subsequent emails sneaking in with terms and conditions that you never agreed to which are to your financial detriment, especially if you have recently canceled services. Disappointed and disgusted that businesses are able to walk all over consumers this way. So shameful.

About three years ago, I signed up a 3 years contract with Bell Canada internet + phone line. Now after 3 years we had lots of problems with the internet and I was stuck with the contract I had to put up with. So now I try to call Bell and wait almost 45 min to answer, I try to cancel the service, they were telling me internet you can cancel but phone you can not cancel because your contract just got renewed for another 3 years. I try to tell them I signed up for only first 3 years, you can not lock me up for another years automatically without call me, if I want to, or it should be on month to month basis after three years pass.

So now I try to talk with three agents but got no help, and asked for one the manager to call. They told it will take 2 to 3 business day, but now 3 weeks pass. No one called. I think this is not legal to lock consumers for another 3 years contract, once their first contract to finished. Here is my Bell account number **. I had lost trust with company, but now I should rethink about them before I call for new services and recommend them to others.

Not a concern but rather a complaint and a desperate call to have my situation resolved. I have been your client for 6 years and I have had it with the abuse and the lies from your representatives. Every statement is like a box of chocolates, surprises and extra charges over and over again for years. On my last statements I received extra charges in one of my lines for long distance. I spoke to a supervisor and he proceeded to provide me with a credit for approximately $83 or $86 dollars. On my new statement, I received extra charges again for a new long distance feature that I did not request and also charges for late payment.

I spoke to Rep ** and she told me that she was making notes in the system and that the supervisor was calling me back to sort out my issue. The call never came. I call back today, October 21 and spoke to someone else. I had to tell the whole story all over again since there were no details in the system and no manager, nor a supervisor to take my case; once again waiting for someone to call me back.

Your service is the worst, you lie to your customers and have no respect for them. Besides all the time that as a customer I have to spend speaking to different people and waiting for issues to be resolved and the mental sanity of being lied over and over again needs to stop. I have been your client for 6 years, I have 3 lines with you and I have also had dealings with Bell via the companies I have worked for in the past. Look at my payment history and maybe you do not care about losing a client like me but I am ready to know what my penalty is for me to cancel my contracts and take my business elsewhere. Please look into my file, resolve my situation and contact me with a final solution.

All my life I have been with Bell Canada for home phone, and for years for home phone and internet. First of all Bell's billing information was always extremely complicated and comprehension of all the information for the customers was highly unlikely. Secondly their rates were way too high, like all the companies who are there to squeeze the maximum out of their customers, this is called greed, a plague of modern age unfortunately. My new service provider for home phone and internet costs me about half of what Bell used to charge me, for equal or better services. So people, take my advice and stay away from Bell, they're only there to gouge you good, there are many services providers out there who are a way better choice.

My daughter and I signed up for Bell tv and unlimited internet in April 2016 on a one year promotion. To date we have never received the promotional rate we had agreed to. Calling Bell is ridiculous. It has taken over an hour to speak to someone after which the line gets disconnected and I have to go through the same process all over again. This has been going on for the last six months. My daughter and I both have registered complaints with the CRTC through the CCTS. After reading the large number of complaints against Bell I am wondering if there is a way to get a class action lawsuit going. The frustration and consumption of time wasted should be reimbursed. Would love to know how to start a class action lawsuit.

I had been a loyal customer for 4 years. I was on a two year contract when I had to pay out my bill to go overseas for a year. I paid all fees and was told I was out of my contract. I paid another unlocking fee to get a new Australian SIM card put in and was good to go. So I thought. Until returning from my trip to find they charged me a 400 dollar cancellation fee a month after I had bought out my contract! Since I wasn't aware of this fee for the past year it got sent to my credit score and is now affecting my chances of getting a new plan with another company.

I called to dispute these fees and the representatives April and Abdul were absolutely horrible and couldn't even comprehend the conversation. Once I finally convinced them to let me speak to a manager he told me because it was past the 90 day dispute period. I am completely disgusted by bell's customer service. I have always heard horrible things about over charges from bell, but I never experienced it myself until now. Trust me, do not go on Bell!!

I just had Bell Fibe TV installed (should have gone to Rogers). I ordered fios and a 4K pvr. Luckily I was home at the day of installation as I caught the installer trying to install the older HomeHub 2000 instead of a 3000. Then when he went to leave I asked about the second tv and was told to call customer service. Well I went online and noticed he hadn't even installed the correct pvr, he decided to only setup a HD version and after talking to an online rep I've been told to fix it will cost me $75??? So going to be calling in and canceling my service. You'd think they would be willing to fix their mistakes for free.

Every negative comment on this forum is right on the money. Just trying to cancel a service I never received turned into a nightmare. Spent all day yesterday on the phone being shuffled around from four different countries trying to talk to the right person. Too many people from all over the world trying to do one simple job. Bell is in dire need of "Quality Control". What ever deal they offer you and no matter how good it sounds... trust me... IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.
  • Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.
  • Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.
  • Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.
  • Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.
  • Best for Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Compare Home Phone Service