3.9/5 (1351 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: March 20, 2021

When I visited Bell-kiosk (3625 Shaganappi Trail NW Level 1 Calgary, AB, T3A 0E2) to change my previous Komodo mobile to Bell mobility phone because I will be working in Northwest Territories from next month. A Sales Consultant (**) helped & guided me to select a proper phone & a relating plan. Also she transferred all the data from my old phone to my new Bell phone. She was remarkably patient and offered me a very kind service. I would like to suggest this Bell shop to many people. Also I'd like to recommend Bell Mobility to many people because it's working even in Northwest Territories, Yukon & Nunavut. Thank you Bell and Thank you **. Cheers!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Wow, I absolutely love Bell! I recently signed up. They have been a pleasure to deal with on the phone. Especially a care specialist named Kian! I got a great package for internet and tv services. The technician who set it up was great. So far, from top to bottom, the service has been top-notch, the price great, and the quality very high. I strongly recommend Bell! I had a bad experience with my previous internet provider, but if things continue smoothly with Bell, they can expect me as a loyal customer for a long time. Go Bell!

Get buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Switched to new Fibre installation on the street. Very satisfied. Not cheap but almost competitive. The TV has minor irritations such as insisting that you select Fiber after starting - this should be configurable as the automatic default - minor issue. Further refinements to the user experience are desirable.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This internet quality from this company is superior. My internet is fast and reliable. When I need service they respond immediately to my concerns. As a senior who has limitations to getting out. I use the internet to stay in touch with loved ones and do my online shopping.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I was tricked into taking a Galaxy Tablet. Told it was free as part of a promotion then seen charges on my bill showing I was paying monthly fees for it. I called to cancel services and explained what happened. The representative kept trying to avoid canceling service. I told her I didn't want to be with a company that tricks customers into products they don't want. I explained I would rather pay out remainder of the contract than stick with them. Representative turned off services and hung up on me. May 25th 2021.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Internet was not so bad, but their client service is horrible. I tried to cancel my internet service, called them, got confirmation that it will be cancelled on Mar 31. On Apr 15 I got a call, they said my service is still active, and I have to pay for 1 more month. Hate them for that.

Original review: May 3, 2021

This is nothing new with Bell Canada. Years ago I got a bill from them telling me that I owed them about $1500. I called them to dispute the bill but was told that I was billed for a breach in a contract. So I responded by saying that I didn't have a contract with them. They told me that sometime back that I agreed to a contract so I asked how was that possible since I never signed anything and I was a loyal customer for decades. They asked me if I remember receiving a phone call asking me if I would like to save money on my bill? I told them I didn't remember any call but even if I did how is that a contract?

They were upset with me because I stopped their service and went somewhere else and if I cancelled within the first year of my discount then I would be off the hook. So if you verbally say yes to being asked if you want to save money you automatically are in a binding contract. That's dishonest and deceptive when you're not told openly what you're getting into. I'll never do business with Bell again EVER!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I can't deny that Bell provide great service and never have a problem with bell service but when it comes to customer service it sucks!!! They usually transfer your to call to different department and they keep transferring. I called Bell and CSR transfer my call to port department then they transfer to sales department then BNS department then again port/sales/BNS. I talked to each department at least 4 times and what's the resolution.... NOTHING.

Original review: March 31, 2021

You will continue to pay for your phone long after it's been paid. They will take the payments from you as 100% profit forever. They will penalize you on this amount if you are late... on monies you don't owe. A complete corrupt system void of proper, ethical action. Hiding behind literature and jargon. You will continue to pay for the phone long after your bill has been paid. They will continue to collect your payments until you realize what's happened. They are not responsible to stop collecting your payments until you tell them that you have paid in full. We are not supposed to have a mind that can process on all fronts. We focus to the best of our abilities on what we deem necessary to survive. We hope that our government institutions will keep rules in place for a just society to raise our children in.

Original review: March 30, 2021

This company is worst than the biggest thief in Canada. Please do take their product or services. I have lost a lot of money and time when I canceled their services. I called many times, every time I was promised that someone will contact me in few hours, till date no one has called me back. Appreciate it if someone advises me, how I can make them accountable and punish them for their unethical business practice. I want to take them to court. Thanks.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team