1.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

671 Bell Canada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The worst customer service I have ever experienced. They never follow through on what was agreed upon. I recently cancelled and they told me they would send boxes for their equipment. When they didn't... I called and they told me I had to buy my own. This, after a very long list of billing issues and service issues! Never again. If I could give negative stars, I would.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We switched to Bell to get a good deal on all our services. We were quoted a price, which we agreed on and asked all the pertinent questions. The Bell retailer assured us that because we were in a two year contract this was what we would pay for the two years. Well surprise - our last bill had an increase and when I questioned Bell Canada (310-bell) they told us they could raise the price for services at anytime. Bell Canada said that our discount credits would not change for the length of the contract, but that’s not what the Bell retailer told us. Our signed contract to protect us from increases only covers discount credits.

After talking to Bell Canada for 3 hours and 10 minutes (over 2 calls) the Bell reps could not do anything for me because what Bell retailers say and what Bell Canada says is that they can’t speak to that (Bell retailers). How do consumers make informed decisions when the information from the retailers differs from what 310 Bell says. If we want to cancel our services we need to pay a fee of $150 (less one year) and $75 in the second year of the contract. Bell retailers engage in deceptive practices with new customers.

Get expert buying tips about Home Phone Service delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

They rip me off in sign a 2 years contract deal for (home phone internet tv all basic services $100 month) 3 months after they cancel my promotion?? Started charge me full price $200 a month for the same 3 services. When I asked what's going on with my two year contract they response was "Bell reserve the right to make any changes to your account at any time without your consent or agreement". WTF? When trying to keep my services they saying the price is now $200 a month for these 3 basic services for 2 years which was not the agreement I sign? They break their end of the bargain and contract without customer knowledge? After canceling they send it to collections. WTF Bell?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have been dealing with different representatives from this company for more than 3 weeks without getting any resolution to the problem. Their sales people only try to sell their products and services to get commission, without any regards of the customer needs. They promise that everything will be taken care of, and you don't have to do anything. Once their technician comes in and everything is screwed up, you are on your own to get everything done. You have to spend endless hours on the phone day after day speaking to different people. Each time you call in, you have to start explaining from the beginning again. They promise to call back and never do. I hope that my problem get fixed soon. I will never use this company again once my contract is finished.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I am currently a Videotron customer and have had two Bell Canada sales reps come to my door in the past year to try and convert me to Bell. Yesterday the second rep came and offered me a low monthly fee with extra privileges with no end date. The online offers are less generous and end after 12 months. Needless to say, I was very skeptical but told him I would compare the two companies. The Bell website did not give me all the information I needed to make a direct comparison. Later that night the Bell rep returned without being invited and proceeded to be pushy, asking several times to come in for 5 minutes to write down the details. After several minutes I had to close the door in his face as he was asking to come back again. I decided then and there that even if Bell has a better deal I will not switch to them because of their sales practices. Reading other comments here has just confirmed that I made the right decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Bell Canada has false promises when you sign up and over charge you after a couple months. They do not keep up with their end of their details that they agree to. I have to call in every few weeks to discuss billing problems each month. Not only do I have to call in, but they have horrible customer service... not only have I been hung up on and laughed at but constantly the customer service reps are just giving you the run around and wasting your time on the phone for no reason. The amount of times I hear them say "Let me check on that one with my supervisor"...is beyond me! I have been compassionate and kind about expressing my dissatisfaction with them on the phone each time but these customer service reps just don't care about what they are doing and it's clear that they feel like playing games with you.

I've caught the Bell Canada customer service reps in lies and then had them be rude to me. I've had them apologize to me for their behavior and then minutes later had them blame it on the rep sitting next to them. What on earth is going on with Bell and the people they outsource their customer service to?! It is maddening each and every time you need to call them...which does happen to be on average once a month...if not more often than that! So perplexed that there is even a company at this level of service to National residential services that operates in such an unprofessional and incompetent capacity. I am currently trying to figure out how to take complaints to a level of corporate so that something might actually be done about this. I would urge other to do the same. This is the only way to create positive change.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

For over a year I have been trying to unlock my device, I already made several calls, I already sent my phone to your support department and none of those actions unlocked my phone. I am extremely frustrated. Bell always gave me problems during my time as a client and I do not recommend to anyone, but I expected that at least to have my rights it would be reliable. Clearly it is not. I want a solution for this problem asap. I paid for the phone, I paid regularly my monthly bills and now I want my phone unlock as is my right. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I ordered a new phone line and a mobile phone from Bell and did not receive it yesterday. At first they wanted me to go to the store to provide some documents (identification and stuff like that). After calling the store he told me that he doesn't know why they directed me to him as they don't have any stock to complete my order. Then I called Bell and they told me that the order got cancelled. It was without any notice and without any consideration of peoples' situation. Not professional and I do not recommend them at all!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I am paying 99.99/month of high speed internet, but I am getting an average of 8.49 speed download and 5.62 upload on average. This server is suppose to be Fibe 100. I called in, was told if I want a faster speed, I had to pay over 200 dollar for another modem. The modem I have with my service barely have any range. My bedroom is on the 3rd floor, and I can't get WiFi from there. I run a 50ft cable WiFi to the 2nd floor, so I can get internet in my bedroom. We only have one working phone jack in the house.

I forgot to mention, they install a temporary line outside my place and I won't be getting fast speed until they install the actual line. The phone wire is hanging from the cable box to a tree and into my house without anything covering it. I called in to see when they are going to install my actual line, they told me they already did... My neighbor's phone line runs through her house, while mine is hang like a cloth wire outside. If there was a heavy snowfall, I would not have internet.

So, if I have YouTube on and play my online game, my game would lag a lot until I turn off YouTube. Yes, I am still with Bell, I am waiting for Teksavvy to install my Cable internet in a few days and goodbye... Low speed internet.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

It all started a few months after I signed with them, when they randomly boosted up my monthly payments. I was already paying 75$ for internet alone, and then they pushed it up to 95$ a month without telling me. I called to complain because I put a set amount aside every month to pay my internet bill and this surcharge cause the payment to bounce due to insufficient funds and RBC charging me a 45$ fee. No one could help me, I had to have my boyfriend call back and be firmer for the Bell Rep to even consider helping us out. She eventually brought it back down to 80$ a month which is still 5$ more than originally.

I really did not enjoy having to deal with this and having to pay so much, so in September, I decided to switch providers. In November, I got a bill from Bell stating I owed another 80$ for the month of October. I called Bell to ask if I had to pay this and they said "NO, the balance will correct itself in the next bill. You can just leave it as is until then, and pay the difference," since I had canceled after the cycle had started. A few days later, I'm looking at my bank account and Bell had pulled out 80$ which made it so my new provider's payment bounced due to insufficient funds and now they're charging me an extra 25$ fee AND my bank is charging me another 45$ fee. I called and no one could help me. It was extremely disappointing and I feel straight up robbed of over 150$ fees during my contract with them. UNACCEPTABLE! AVOID!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

After close to 20 years I went back to Bell this year claiming they have changed and stole my business from Rogers. Now regret it again. I had a door to door salesman call Chintan in the Brampton Area that came and sold services for a fixed price for a year on contract and now in 3 months it has gone up 20% without no changes done on my part. All their discounts have hidden condition that is not mentioned when you buy the service but then they have a field day tacking on service fees. What a disgrace of a Company. Being so big they have no shame and their customer service is pathetic. Avoid Bell Canada no matter how sweet the deal is because once you become their customer they have a hand into your bank account to steal. They raised their prices by 5 approx dollars per month stating they had expenses to cover and we have no say in it at all. Then they hide some of their discounts with bundles that they give for free and expires with it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have called. And called. And called. And written. And called. I will NEVER recommend Bell to anyone and am currently in the process of buying out my contract to switch. I've been keeping a log of my experience. Feel free to peruse below. Sept 4, 2018 – Came in to get a new phone. Offered a “free tablet” at the same time; which I was told would include an additional 2GB of data to use between either device. Charges for the tablet were explained to me as a cost of $10 every month, offset by a credit of $10 every month. In summary, the tablet would cost me nothing and would offer my account an additional 2GB of data.

The tablet could not be activated that day; I was told to come back the next day.

Sept 5, 2018 - Came back the next day to pick it up. The above explanation was reiterated. I repeated what I understood back to the associate several times, including upon signing the contract. I was told it would show up on my first bill. At that time, I requested that my plan be changed to 6 GB of data as I estimated I would not need 10 if I was getting 8 total between the tablet and the phone. I confirmed that this was done before leaving the store and assured that it was all taken care of. I was also told at that time to call Bell and tell them that the store had authorized that there be no activation fee on the tablet.

I called Bell and noted the above. They said there was nothing that they could do until a first bill was sent out. Call back then and they would credit the account the $30 activation fee.

Sept 17, 2018 - my email address was entered incorrectly into the system and I did not review full billing info until the paper copy was sent to me – received the evening before the 2-week grace period was up. Sept 18, 2018 - Called the store first thing in the morning to address the situation. Oct 10, 2018 - Followed up weekly with the store manager. Spoken with Andrew ** from the Bell Portage Place store several times and confirmed that the associate (Sully) admitted what he had sold me and has been advised that it was incorrect. The only response he can give me is that the Regional Manager, Stefan ** is “working on it”. I have requested a call from Stefan. I have heard nothing to date - Nov 13, 2018.

Nov 1, 2018 - Called the contact centre. Call was escalated to a Supervisor. Was told that the account was going to be credited to bring me to $0 and “start us fresh” and that the $10 credit would be applied to my bill every month going forward. I would continue to receive the 2GB of “free data”. I considered the issue resolved.

Nov 9, 2018 - Received my October bill. Once again what was told to me was not shown on the bill. Nov 13, 2018 - Spent 45 minutes on the phone with a rep who told me that it was impossible for them to apply a $10 credit to my bill every month, so I asked to be escalated to a Supervisor (Anne). She notes that nothing is showing as having been authorized from my conversation with the supervisor on Nov 1st for a monthly credit to be shown on my bill. They will listen to the phone call with the previous supervisor to understand what he told me and Anne will call me back to verify. If that’s what was said, they will ensure that happens going forward.

Noted that I was also disputing a late charge of $5.64 due to the amount owing for the tablet set up costs (that was ultimately credited). And that I wanted to revise my data to lowest package available. 2.5GB for $10. Was told that this would be back charged to the last billing date. I understand that I am still receiving 2GB of “free data” from this tablet. Nov 23, 2018 - Still no response.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I currently have 3 lines on Bell, I called Bell on Friday Nov, 16 to cancel 1 line as the phone had been lost. I spoke to Jessica Employee # **. She was trying to convince me to not cancel as I was due for an upgrade, she offered me 2 free phones and upgraded my 3 line plans and included 7gb of data at a given cost. I wanted to wait until Black Friday to see the deals before making a decision, but she confirmed that they have a Holiday Price Guarantee and I would be guaranteed to receive any holiday deal they have. I received 1 of the phones and when I called into to activate it, I was told by Jennifer Employee #**, that the deal I was given was incorrect and they could not honor it. I would be charged additional monthly fees, if I wanted the additional data. In addition there was no way they could offer me the Holiday Price Guarantee either. So basically everything I was offered by Bell could not be met.

After being a customer for more than 10 years, they could not live up to what they offered me. I find this appalling, the phone call is recorded and the file is noted, but I am the one who is held accountable for signing up for a 2 year contract, but Bell is not accountable for delivering the terms their customer service representative offered.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Bell is a joke. They told me they would be coming one day and didn’t show up for 4 days. Mind you between those four days I called 15-17 times asking if they were coming and being told to confirm my address multiple times and being told that the technician is on his way and he never showed. I absolutely hate Bell. I called tech support and they told me they’d credit me for the whole payment and didn’t only for the ** 4 days. They’re a joke of a company. I will be cancelling with them as they’ve totally lost all respect from me.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Bell Canada put fiber optic cable to my neighbor house which they connected from the other side of the street and the cable was hanging too low. When a truck was passing it reached the cable as the cable was hanging too low on the street. Once the truck hit the cable the metal thing came out from the house and fell on my car and broke my windshield. It's being more than 10 days I am trying to resolve the issue. Today Bell send me a text and asking to talk to my car insurance company to fix the windshield that broken by Bell Canada. My insurance company don't cover as I have deductable that is too high. I am too surprised the way Bell is handling and not taking responsibility of their action. I as asking Bell Canada attention and resolve the issue. I can be reached at **. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I signed up for Bell Fibe August 2017 for 2 years at $99.00 a month. I bill keeps creeping up and customer service redirected my situation, when I asked for the loyalty department, I was spun around to avail.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

No one worse customer service in Canada. Never seen in my life such a bad and worse customers service. Not recommended. They just knows how to cheat customers. Last 2 weeks calling them every day they will tell you different story.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My wife and I are both longtime Bell Mobility customers. Her phone is under contract, mine is not. We recently moved and needed to port my cell number to our new landline. I called Bell and spoke with a customer service representative, explaining the situation and making the necessary changes. It should have been simple; my wife's contract and phone remain the same; my cell number was to be ported to our landline and I would be assigned a new cell number by Bell. Bell billed us incorrectly, charging the change to my wife's cell number and dinging us for breaking the contract. Because we signed up for automatic payments, Bell incorrectly charged more than $411 to my wife's Visa. I called to have the mistake rectified and have received a world class runaround! Fast forward 6 weeks; to date I have spent more than 4 hours on the phone with various customer service people, and their supervisors.

My wife's Visa has not been credited and the problem is ongoing. During my last call to Bell on November 12th, I was told by customer service that the $411 Bell mistakenly charged us had been credited to my wife's Visa on October 25th. That was not the case. Today I was on the phone with Bell AGAIN, and they have NO record of that conversation. So... I spent another half hour explaining the situation to two new people. Now I've been told they will get back to me within 48 hours. Ridiculous. My wife's Visa has been charged over $400 that we've had to pay. I have spent hours explaining, and re-explaining, to Bell, the mistake they made, and I've had to do so when I should have been working. We are no closer to resolving this issue than we were in early October. How is this acceptable?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Was a 10 year customer of Videotron (who have excellent customer service). Switched to Bell to get TV service for relatives who were staying with us. From the first call to a month and a half later I am on the phone with customer service once a week minimum trying to fix their screw ups. Here's the nightmare: Go online to Bell website chat with rep about ordering Gigabit Internet, TV and mobility service. Was very specific what I was looking for. Get quote for it, I go ahead and order it, turns out chat person (or bot) didn't include mobility in the quote. Have to start the same process all over a 2nd time with their mobility department (just so you know Bell mobile and Bell TV/Internet are like 2 separate companies and NO ONE talks to each other so you're like 2 different customers to them).

Finally hours later get a price for everything. I go ahead and order in the chat. I get the quote and it's higher than I was quoted (surprise, surprise with Bell), I call in and tell them that I was quoted lower. They say it's impossible. I ask them to check my chat transcript, she does and 20 minutes later comes back to say, "Oh if you order over chat you can get this price, but on the phone it's not possible???" She calls a manager and I get the price.

Bell TV/Internet asks for ID to prove I am who I am. I fax (yes you heard that right, you need to Fax them your ID), they approve it. And set me up, transfer me to mobility, guess what the fact I was just verified by TV/Internet means nothing. They require me to verify with them separately, but on mobility they can't accept email or fax, need to go into store for the same verification and to pick up what I quoted would be a free SIM card.

Go into the store they told me to go to. I wait, and wait finally served, they verify my ID for Bell Mobility. They call head office, verify everything, takes about an hour. Am told NO, no free SIM card. I show them the chat transcription and still NO, am told they are an "independent Bell store" and the SIM is $15 and to take it up with head office for a refund. I sigh and pay and go.

Drive back home, call to activate my Bell Mobility, am told, "No you didn't verify yet." I argue that I was just given the ok at the store and they verified, still No. She says they made a mistake have to go back to the store. And No she can't take the previously approved IDs from the TV/Internet side. Go back again, this time takes another 1.5 hours for the guy there to get to the right person to verify it. He does, and I insist he activate it on site before I leave, which finally works. That's a whole day toast trying to get a phone set up.

They send over tech to install the wifi and TV, which goes relatively well, except he puts the modem right over the microwave which I looked up and seems to be the worst possible place in the house for it, he insists this is fine and I agree. (Our 1 GBPS Internet hits 60 Mbps wifi if we're lucky which was slower than what I was getting on a much slower Videotron cable internet.)

Go online and login and order another TV receiver from Bell, get the price $7 per month, go to checkout, suddenly the price is $82. ($7 for a receiver and apparently $75 for a tech to come out to plug it into my TV! - No mention of a tech until checkout.) I cancel that order before finalizing. Go to the chat. The person says it's $7 per month rental fee. Because this is Bell I reconfirm is it just $7 per month or anything else extra (techs, etc. ), am told just $7 per month. Great I order. Get the email confirmation $57 ($7 per month rental fee and $50! to ship me a receiver from the same city).

I call in right away to cancel, they tell me sorry they don't have access to the order as I called in too soon after it was placed, please call back again tomorrow morning? Tech was prob ready to go home and didn't want to deal with it. Call in the morning, am ticked off about the bait and switch, and she agrees to cancel the order and to send me a receiver for $7 per month. I take down name, employee ID, etc. as this is Bell.

Receive the receiver (which turns out to be the order that was supposedly canceled). Seems to be fine. A week later receive a 2nd receiver (which is with French only instructions - I am English)... Am ticked. Call in and ask why they didn't cancel my order as they said they would and that I was not paying for another receiver. She tells me to send back one of the receivers, I of course ask which one, she says, "You have to send back the 1st one or you will be charged the $50 shipping fee (which was supposedly waived in a previous call)." I send it back. Hopefully I don't get billed the $50 but am willing to bet despite 2 phone calls and 2 confirmations I will still get billed the $50 and I will cancel everything if so.

That's how easy it is to switch to Bell! This is what they do: They tell you in the chat, over the phone or in person one thing, and when you get your bill you are guaranteed it will be more than what they quoted you. They tell you on the phone they will take care of things and then do nothing and you have to clean up the mess after on your own time. Get ready for a similar customer experience if you switch to this washed up dinosaur of a company. Every single step of the way they lie, screw up, take 0 responsibility and no one there really cares at all about their service. The worst customer experience I have ever had with any company ever. Once my promo period runs out, will switch back to Videotron and will never make this mistake ever again. They'd have to pay me to use Bell and even then I would refuse.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I’ve been trying to have a group chat with people from work through my iPhone 8. Apparently Bell does not support group chat between different phone manufacturers. I was literally told the only way I could have a group chat where I could participate with the group is if the entire group has Apple phones. If not then Bell doesn’t support group chatting between for example iPhone & Samsung so messaging from an iPhone would be sent out individually and if I want to send a group message out I can also do this individually. Shaking my head. What year is this? And of course since it’s a new phone with a 2yr contract I have to continue with Bell. IMO Maybe Bell should ask Rogers how the technology works?!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I was travelling through Edmonton Alberta when the charging port on my mobile device stopped working. I entered a Bell Mobility store on the second floor of the West Edmonton Mall location to purchase an upgraded phone on October 8, 2018. While in the store location I decided on upgrading to the iPhone 8. During that process the sales representative advised me Bell Mobility is offering a promotional tablet. I declined the tablet on multiple occasions, insisting I was only looking to upgrade my phone and wished to keep my same plan features as I didn’t not want any features to be hindered for use with the new mobile device.

The sales representative insisted on multiple occasions that I take the tablet as it would not hinder my current plan, would not affect or change the features associated to my mobile device, would be free of cost less and additional hook up fee, and by accepting the tablet, the only change would be a separate 15.00 recurring mi they fee but my plan would remain unchanged. The concern I expressed clearly was I did not want to alter the GB of data associated to my mobile device. At the time it was 5GB of data. The representative had confirmed accordingly and stated by accepting the free promotional offer was my phone bill would be less on a monthly recurring basis, and that once the tablet is accepted I had the option of selling the tablet and/or would not be required to use it and I turn my monthly bill would remain lower than otherwise while allowing all features associated to my cellular device to remain intact.

After speaking with a customer service representative on November 18th, 2018 I was in fact informed my cellular device now only had access to 3 GB of data in the plan and the other 2 GB were associated to the promotional tablet that is still sealed in the original package and unused. Then I was informed the tablet can share the cellular data, however the cellular data is restricted to only to the cellular device. I was tricked into a promotional offer that removed 2GB of date from my cellular device through blatant untruths and false confirmations expressed by the sales representative.

My address is over 400km from the store that was the point of sale. Upon contacting customer service, they provided me within the number for the Loyalty Team which turned out to be the complaint resolution center. That department advised the Loyalty Team would call me in ten days and transferred me to a supervisor in the complaint resolution department. After speaking with the supervisor, they acknowledge the manipulation and that consumer laws had been broken by a Bell employee which ended up hindering my plan. They acknowledged the contract was entered into under false pretenses that were staged by a Bell employee and then stated there was nothing they could do other than me to contact the store and visit the location to bring resolve.

After advising the resolution center that the representative that provided me with the false information which was used in my decision for the phone plan, also had the manager in the store within the vicinity to hear the entire conversation and was visually listening intently, did nothing to correct the false information and allowed the sale to proceed with the sale based on false information provided, did in fact not act any in way to correct the false facts or make any recommendation.

I advised the supervisor in the resolution center I did not trust they would bring resolution to their error as they knowingly broke consumer protection laws for the sake of the sale and was advised that was my only way to resolution and I would have to go back to the location 400km away to have the wrong corrected and made right while being unable to offer any assurances in the event the unethical sales person and store manager refused or failed to be of assistance. I then informed her, after speaking to two customer representatives prior to our call they acknowledged the illegal activity, agree it had occurred and instead of offering resolution, both responses were to promote upsell offers within my plan of which I declined. The experience dealing with the customer service department and resolution center was disheartening.

After I was taken advantage of as a consumer, lied to about my phone plan and what would be altered, then proceeded to enter into the next stage of the sales process after being provided with false facts by the Bell employee, what I though was the same plan with an addition of a device I did not intent to use, only to have less features made available to me when the representative specifically stated would not occur. I was lied to, taken advantage of, lost important features to my plan that was advised would not occur, and then told by Bell Mobility they cannot correct the situation itself and to deal with one of their stores seems to me like this happens all to offer.

When presenting my grievances, other representatives only proceed to acknowledge the events occurred and reacted to the situation by trying to upsell me on more features. The way consumers are handled by Bell, in my opinion, and based solely on my personal experience, is horrendous. I have now lost features to my plan through trickery and fraudulent actions by an employee of Bell. All trust in this company and their services is now gone. Before considering using Bell as a provider, I encourage you to research other providers.

The experience I have had with them, after being lied to and manipulated into a contract that hindered my features available to my device through unethical lies and untruths, and with three individuals not willing to do anything other than have me accept the fact that this occurred, move on, and try to have the Bell store justify their fraudulent actions on my own, leaves an unsettling feeling they may be actively ignoring or refusing to act and support their own customers and correcting wrongs committed to them by Bell representative with other cases. This is not a company or provider I can trust. Please consider my experience before using Bell as a cellular service provider.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We were with a different phone company prior to switching to Bell, we had poor customer service with our last company and decided to change to a different provider. We reached out to Bell Via Twitter and were very quickly met with the friendliest Customer Service rep we had dealt with for many many years. This was one of two times Bell treated us like humans and not just another number.

After they got us signed up began our struggle with dealing with yet another greedy corporation. Our bill seems to randomly increase and as I have recently lost my job we have been struggling to make payments. Keeping Bell informed the entire time, we have put over 400 Dollars onto our bill in the last 2 months and they are still threatening to cut our services... When we called them to discuss this further we were passed from person to person until we reached an individual which met us with little compassion and the conversation screeched to a halt. We are now within 12 hours of our services being cut and another greedy company slowly drives the poor even poorer...

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I’ve been Bell customer for almost two years, but I’ve experienced very poor customer service. So many times I’ve been changed over and spent over an hour just to fix the issue. Once I finish my contract I’m gonna cancel it. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

My internet at home keeps on going down because the line to my house is old and they won’t fix it. I used my phone data for emergencies and went over, waited 1.5 hours to get an agent and was told that nothing could be done, even though I’m paying up to 5 gigs of download speed I’m getting 0.8m when it does work. I’m rural and am stuck with Bell, no other company services this area. Bell is the worse company, I hope they read this reviews and get better as they were long ago. The only reason they have a one star is because we can’t do 0 stars I’m sure.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have Bell since 5 years for business and home services... We wanted to cancel our home services to try different company and requested them to cancel for 27th November, they sent wrong update in e-mail with cancellation on 10th, we wasted another 1 hr and another agent said within 24 hrs it will be resolved. its been over 2 days still nothing happened, I am again on phone trying to reach out to someone wasting another hour... All our work is dependent on internet, we couldn't do salaries because we had no internet... Totally frustrated and do not recommend Bell to anyone and I am planning to cancel all my accounts with Bell...

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Please be aware when canceling service from Bell Canada. Customer Service just pretend they are deal when you tell them you want to cancel their service because of poor service and high price. I have to call them numerous times and they only start the process almost two weeks after my first call. They also charged me after I cancel my service. I would never go back to them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

One of the worst company in Canada... They added the contract without our consent!! If I have authority... I will simply shut down this company. They charged the extra bill and the customer service is so worse...

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Bell should honestly get the hint with the one star - if I could have given them a minus million I would! Their customer service sucks! Their product is horrible - and if I had someone else to go to I would be! At this point I’m thinking no cable is better than Bell! I’ve given them a 1 on every survey and I can’t get someone to call me! Sad - I can’t say it enough. If you're not with them - thinking of going with them—DONT. YOU WILL REGRET IT! They may find their crappy useless equipment in the road!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We had a problem with our Bell hub for all our services. Called C. Service to find out a fix for the hub. They gave me the runaround and said they would send someone out the next business day. Two days later and still no one came. I called and they said it's not their problem and the tech will be another week. We canceled our service after they laughed and said they don't care what we do. Fast forward to our final bill. They added a termination fee, after they told me there wasn't one. Then they add $150 fee for shipping 3 receivers 10 months ago that somehow they missed. They give you the runaround on the phone and have terrible customer service. I HATE BELL and will never again fall into this trap. They have gutless supervisors that don't want to work with you. I offered to meet in the middle on the charges and still pay some. Keep an eye on your bill as they will ** you as well. BELL CANADA WORST COMPANY AROUND.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Bell Canada used to be the best!!! Now it is the worse company EVER! All of the sudden they increased my monthly bill from $140 to $220! Called C. Ser. They said promotion finished. It Was first time I hear about promotion. C. Serv. Made fun of me. I spoke with loyalty dept. They refused to waive the extra charges and said IF I DON'T PAY I GET STUCK! V. Cheap and rude way of dealing. She pushed me to request cancellation all services. She didn't care and told me services will be cancelled tomorrow!!! WOW! I hate Bell Canada. They also cheated on the internet signal. TV was not working for months. Technical support couldn't fix it and sent new box and also didn't work. I had really hard time dealing with this bad company. Being with Bell Canada is suffering all the time. Regret to spent time with them.

Bell Canada expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

• Best for: Bell Canada is good for residential customers and business owners who want the reliability of a landline and/or any customers who want to bundle multiple services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs