Bell Canada

Compare Home Phone Service

Research top Home Phone Service recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wish I could give them zero stars because that is what they deserve. When you cancel your service with them (Like many do since they rip off their customers - I had a 95% increase in my monthly charges over the course of 23 months with no changes to my services), they will send you the final bill but they will remove all credit they had promised you and you had been receiving for however long you were their customer. They refuse to pro-rate their promos and give you a portion of them just because they are money hungry pigs who could care less about you.

Be warned about this before you cancel your services mid-month because it may be cheaper to actually keep their crappy service til the end of the billing cycle to ensure you get the promos they promised you. Oh, and by the way, they put all three of your services with them on separate billing cycles just so they can screw you even more and not cancel all your services at once so they can then remove the promos on your other services for partial months.

Having worst experience with Bell customer service where if they are not able to resolve your issue will disconnect your call. This has happened with me for the fourth time now. They will do all fake promises to you to wrap up the call and then you will call after a month when you see the same bill and wonder why they didn't make any changes to your account and after that all they say is there are no notes on the account.

Hello Bell and all other people wanting to take Bell, the call they receive and the notes they put on account are totally different. The call lasted for half hour and all they can see on my account as the notes is BILLING ENQUIRY. I was told that, "You are in a contract with Bell for 2 years. If you want to decrease your plan come after 1 year." I was okay with that. I called when 7 months left on my contact and they said, "We can reduce your plan to a 35$ per month plan starting next month." I waited for it and guess what I see? My bill is the same 60$ per month. I told the agent to check call recordings. Some said, "We can't do that." Some said, "We can do it but it takes time one week." Is Bell a joke or their customers are joke for them? Is this a customer service? Guys it is a request to everyone that if you read this please never ever go.

For Bell, coz once you are in a contract you are gone. It's a very famous saying in Hindi... "Phle tum Bell lo fir Bell thumari lega" English meaning, kind of "first you take Bell and then Bell will take yours." Still waiting for my issue to be resolved and will put this post everywhere so that no one goes in contact with company like Bell. My friends who took Rogers and Fido are way too happy. Now just will wait to see what happens and will. Keep the post updated.

My email is **. I wish to take a class action against Bell for loss of time and lack of customer service. The wait time is 20-25 minutes today and my internet is like a dial-up. Now all my bills have disappeared. Enough is enough. I have lost so much time with Bell – I am talking HOURS. Time is money so I want to hit them where it counts. Have you tried canceling your account? It is easier to get an audience with the Pope. If you have also had enough, if you are as frustrated as I am, write me. I want to take a class action. I'm in Quebec.

Bell Canada, you guys are passive aggressive scammers who dont care about your customers. In the words of one of your own managers who said "You are not our customers anymore", so there is nothing I am going to do for you. After being your loyal customer for years, we had to switch providers due to the ridiculous hike in prices. However, you guys disconnected all of our services on the 24th of April, a day before we had asked for. I spend 2.5 hours on the phone with you guys to sort out the issue (being transferred and placed on hold) after which you guys told me that the department who could have helped actually closed 2 hours ago. You guys didnt know why the services were discontinued a day early so we should try back tomorrow. I called the next day after not having any phone or internet service the whole night and the agent still didnt know why our services were disconnected early when the order was clearly placed for April 25th. I was placed on hold for 1 hour before the agent disconnected the phone on me.

I tried again and demanded to speak to the manager. What did the manager do, blame this on us, saying that we had actually called on the 24th and asked for our services to be discontinued that day. I called out the lie saying that the 5 agents that I talked to all said that the discontinuation date was supposed to be the 25th not the 24th. He went to check the notes and realized that one the previous agents had accidentally placed the internet to be discontinued on the 24th. He apologized but said that since we werent his customers anymore, there was nothing he could do for us. Bell Canada, this was just your way of getting your revenge for us switching providers. You guys are the worse service in Canada, and you dont deserve to have any customers and you certainly dont deserve to be in business.

The 17 March Videotron called me with a good offer for my 3 services. I was happy to save some money so I made an appointment for them to disconnect Bell and switch to Videotron. On March 23 a Customer Service Man from Bell calls me and makes me a great offer. So I review what he offered twice with him to be sure, wrote it all down, got his employee number. I thought I was covered. Surprise. My bill arrives and it is not what we agreed on. Call Bell. Explain the situation is on the phone for 1 hour for the line to be cut off, after being put on hold for 35 minutes. And this is after explaining the whole story twice...

I call back, of course I do not get the same person so I start explaining the situation and they transfer me after 40 minutes and we start over again. LOL. They changed my programming March 23 but can not change the price promised before April 13 and it is not at promotional price as promised. So as per them the promotion will start on April 23. So my bill in May will have the promotional price. But don't we pay a month in advance. Bell are dishonest... will be changing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

So I got my bill in online it was $100 over the plan, I contacted them to ask what happened. They said to me that I exceeded my 7 gig plan by 1.7 gig. So I asked them to upgrade my plan to 10 gig... They said that will be $15 for the additional 3 gig... I was floored. I said, "So you're charging me $100 extra for 1.7, but 3 cost $15. Does that seem fair?" She continued to tell me that's just the business, I pointed out to them that in the past I haven't used 7 gigs. "Do you reimburse me for unused data," she laughed and said, "No that's only in the US." And they can do that to us because we don't have enough competition. I will be taking my business elsewhere!

After over a decade of being with Bell Canada home phone, I wanted to cancel my service and port out my number. This task was rendered impossible. When I called to cancel my service, I was asked so many personal questions from who is your next provider, why you want to cancel, etc. I simply answered politely that it was a personal decision. I was then told my service would be cancelled within the next 24 to 48 hours later. Over 72 hours later my service was not cancelled. I called back and I talked to several customer agents who decided to give me the run around, put me on hold and even hung up on me. I ended up filling the online complaint form in which someone did get back to me, and my service was cut off. But now a dial tone persists and the quality of the audio has diminished. This is the thanks I get from all my years with Bell. Here is what I learn from talking to Bell services is they lie to their customers.

I was promised a new pixel phone by the loyalty people at Bell at zero dollars. They sent a confirmation number then I went into the source to order the phone. The day I came in to get the phone they said I still owed 400 $. They also took my credit card and charged a fraudulent 10$ charge for absolutely nothing. Be aware fellow consumers to avoid Bell Mobility at all costs. They will overcharge you! Lie and swindle you.

I hate the experience of calling Bell. After a day of trying to solve the problem myself. I had to gather all my patience and call. After a 45-minute wait time, being told over and over again that I was a valued customer and that my business meant so much to them. If any of that statement was true, it would not happen over and over again every time I need to call them. Bell lost all the other services I once had and they will soon lose me on this one. On this particular occasion I was on hold for 45 minutes and it took 15 minutes to resolve the issue. My Bell house phone was 3 times what I pay today for the same level of service and far better support and far quicker support... needless to say I'm no longer with Bell. My internet was a minimum of 4 times what I pay today and again, I have better service and quicker service. ExpressVu is all I have left and they are working my patience. They must be the worst company on this planet.

Bell is a company with zero integrity! Over 2 years ago, bell called me with a promotional package deal. In my case, the package I was offered was for 2 years & 3 services (home phone including unlimited long distance within north america, unlimited internet & Fibe tv) for $100/Mos. This offer was suppose to be good till January 2017, however, it only lasted for a few months & then my bill started increasing to the point where on January 2017, it was $160/Mos, which is the same monthly fee I pay today April 2017, without the promotional package! How unscrupulous! And everytime I have called bell to remind them of their offer to me, they are quick to point out that there have been service fee increases, hence the increase in my bill. Please someone correct me if I'M wrong, but the whole purpose of the offer is that for the duration of the offer, the customer is exempt from any increase! Again, how unscrupulous!!!

I had been with Sasktel since I turned 18, I had good service with them, never really had any issues but then I started going through a hard time financially due to health issues and could not afford my almost $100 bill so I made the switch to Bell Mobility after being told they had great phone plans as low as $40.00 a month (both my parents signed up for 40.00 monthly plans and recommended Bell to me). I had gotten my iPhone 6s at a Walmart Supercenter mobile kiosk back in February 2017. The agent who got my phone up and running gave me two options: I could pay 85.00 plus tax that day and only pay 75.00 a month or pay 130.00 and only pay 60.00 a month, being that I only had a certain amount of spending money on me, I took the first option.

Before I signed the contract, I had asked the agent if the amount I would be paying was before or after tax, he insisted it was AFTER tax and the most I would pay is 75.00 monthly and that I was getting a really good deal. We then went through the process of setting up the phone and signing of the contract. He asked me for two pieces of identification which is common with signing contracts, I gave him the two pieces then he asks for my credit card. WHAT? I was very confused as to why he needed my credit card to get a cell phone, he told me it was just the contract signing process and I would not be charged for anything on my card.

We agreed on $60.00 a month plus $15.00 data plan and because I was paying 85.00 plus tax that day the most I would pay would be 75.00 AFTER TAX, he explained I would save on taxes, paper copy of my bill sent to my address monthly, first bill would be sent after the 19th of March 2017, it seemed like a good price. I signed the contract, paid about 90.00 and went on my way with my new phone.

The service I had when I first got my phone was great, I would say even a little better than SaskTel. Calls made were much more clear than SaskTel, as well as internet browsing, I thought I made a good choice in switching to Bell Mobility. I soon found out I had made a huge mistake. On the 21st of February, 5 days after I got my phone, I received a phone call from someone in California, it was 4:30 in the morning, I was asleep and was woken up, I did not answer the call since I did not know anyone in California except a friend of mine who's number I have listed in my phone already and they don't even live near where this number had called from so I knew it could not be them.

Two days later, the same number calls at exactly 4:30 am, again waking me up, I did not answer it, after that night, it is every night, exactly 4:30 am, always waking me up, I ended up blocking their number yet they still get through to my voicemail and have even called me from a blocked number. I have not told Bell about these phone calls because I thought it was just a scammer calling but now that I see reviews and know how Bell is, I think it's intentional on Bell's end.

I decided to download the MyBell app on my phone to track any data I had used. I noticed my monthly plan was listed as 71.36, I thought, “Great! A little cheaper than 75.00”, I was very happy with my service until I got a phone call from a 1800 number about two weeks after I signed my contract with Bell. I normally do not answer numbers I do not know, especially 1800 numbers but this number had called a few times early in the morning so I answered. I found out it was Bell Mobility. The rep I talked to told me I was behind on my bill and demanded I pay the outstanding balance of 105.86 that day or he will have to cut off my service. This baffled me. I had just signed a contract with them two weeks before they called me, I didn't even receive a bill yet they threaten to disconnect my service if I don't pay them 105.86 that day? No, not happening.

I kindly explained my financial situation to the rep I talked to, telling him I did not have 105 dollars to just give out and that I hadn't received a bill, he told me to check my email since I was signed up for e-bill. I was NOT signed up for e-bill, yet he kept insisting it was there and to "try harder" as if I was stupid and couldn't understand how emails work. After telling him how many times I have no email from them, I told him I would have to make a payment arrangement. That did not fly with him. He told me I have to be responsible and pay my bills on time, went as far as to threaten to charge my credit card, weirdly enough my credit card got cancelled (I did not cancel it nor do I know who did it). The same card I had used to sign up for my Bell Mobility account just got cancelled out of thin air.

After arguing with him for what seemed to be hours, he finally agreed to a payment arrangement which I said I would make at my bank, conversation ended and I thought things were good. I started getting text messages from Bell saying I was over my data usage for the month, first being over 30.00 then 50.00. Once it reaches 50.00, it says phone data will be suspended until the next billing cycle. I check my data usage right away and see that I still had 3GB of data left for my billing cycle so I use the online support service on their website asking about the texts, thinking they were fake and just trying to take my money. The first rep I talked to was very kind and made me feel at ease. He told me that I was nowhere near my data cap and to disregard the message, as well as apologize for the inconvenience. I THOUGHT this was the only time this would happen, wrong!

I then started getting more text messages saying the same thing: 30.00 over then 50.00, data is suspended. I contact Bell again, tell them I'm still getting these texts and kindly ask what the issue is, rep tells me yet again that I am nowhere near data cap and to ignore the message. I use my home WiFi at all times unless I'm out in public so the amount of data I use is very little, I check the status of my data every time I get these texts, it is never close to data cap and Bell's customer service reps confirm this each time and tell me to ignore the text yet I keep getting them? It's honestly becoming a hassle to deal with.

One rep told me it must be a system glitch, another told me it could be meant for someone else but got redirected to my phone, another said they don't have any idea why I receive these texts. I have told them if I am overcharged for data I did not use then I will gladly switch back to Sasktel, I always get the reassuring "yes ma'am, I understand, we will make sure you don't get texts from us again." Really? Yet I still get them? The last one being last Saturday which resulted in me getting told to just call Customer Service and they can deal with it and have it noted on my account to not text me, sigh, same thing I have been told. I told that rep I am not wasting my time and she would not take no for an answer. I ended up ending the chat as I couldn't deal with her.

Due to only getting my bill recently, I had not paid it. I had a bit of an emergency where I had to use money I had in my account and could not pay the past due amount of 105.86, I called Bell and told them the situation thinking they would understand and let me pick a different day, I was shocked about the customer service I received. The rep I talked to was very rude, the way she spoke to me sounded like she was having a conversation with one of her friends, when I asked to speak to a supervisor (I also wanted to report a rep ending the conversation while I was explaining my issue) she refused and kept trying to talk me into paying a full amount of 190.00. I had only had my phone for a month at this point yet already being charged yet again? I asked for clarification on the charges because the amount I was being charged did not make sense.

The rep said I owe a past due amount of 105.86, I was told when I signed up for my phone, the first bill would be a bit more expensive due to an activation fee which I completely understand, what I didn't understand was the amount of my new bill, according to the rep, it was 85.00. I told the rep I was told it was supposed to be 75.00 after tax, she told me I was wrong and it was 85.00 then I mentioned how I had just checked the MyBell app before calling them and it said the 71.36, after I got off the phone with them, I was logged out of the app and when I logged back in, it jumped up to 84.96, convenient isn't it? In the end, we came to an agreement for a payment arrangement to be made by April 19th, 2017, I was completely fine with that. I did in fact submit an official complaint on their website stating all the issues I was having, I even complained on their Twitter page, got to talk to someone who took 15.00 off my past due amount after I told them my situation, the only one who seems to be understanding and caring.

I was contacted by a member of their customer complaints department, he apologized for everything, confirmed that I was getting the 15.00 off my past due and that my credit card would not be charged. Month of April starts, happy that we finally came to an agreement on when I can pay my outstanding balance on my bill. I specifically said if I can afford to pay the full amount I would do so, if not then I would pay the past due then pay off the remaining when I can.

Shortly after I made this payment arrangement, I started getting calls from another 1800 number, it did not look like Bell's number or close to it so I ignored the calls. After they called me four times in one day, I finally answered. They said they were a collection agency/telemarketers on behalf of Bell Mobility and wanted to know if I had paid the full amount of my bill yet. Really? I make a payment arrangement dated for the 19th of April, it is not the 19th yet I'm getting calls from a collection agency? Are you kidding me? I told the lady who contacted me that I made a payment arrangement for the 19th of April, she then paused then said I need to pay my bills on time and asked if I could make the one-time payment right there on the phone using my credit card, something I was told would never happen again and was "noted" on my account. I told her no and that I will be paying it by the 19th through my bank.

She kept pressuring me into paying the full amount and spewing BS about how I need to be responsible for my bills and if I can't afford a phone then don't bother getting one, yes because I completely am at fault for having health issues that just came suddenly, right. Conversation ends and I thought the calls would stop but nope, they didn't, they keep coming, sometimes three times a day, some once or twice, just constant harassment for making a payment arrangement.

Today though is the absolute last straw (April 13th, 2017) I tried contacting Bell via phone call but was having technical difficulties, I decided to try their online support chat, got in touch with a rep and was wanting to let them know of my plans to pay my past due amount of 90.00 at my bank. The rep pulled up my account to make sure I would still have service then she told me the past due amount is 105.86, I told her that is wrong and that Bell agreed to take 15.00 off that for a total of 90.00, she then tells me that is what my monthly bill is and the past due amount is what she says it is and I am wrong. I then go to take a screenshot of my MyBell app that says the amount past due is 89.36, as soon as I do that, she starts typing right away and apologizes and says I am right and the amount past due is 89.36. Everything seems alright, right? Wrong.

She then says and this is exactly what she said "Let me go ahead and process your one-time payment using your credit card." "May I have your credit card number?" No please, no asking if I was okay with using my credit card, no asking how I was planning on making my payment, just make your full payment using your credit card I am demanding you to use. I was absolutely done at this point, I was so angry and had no patience to deal with them anymore, yet this rep kept pressuring me to pay my bill in full and when I told her I was told they would not ask for my credit card information, she just kept apologizing and said if I don't feel comfortable making a payment online, I can call them and give them it.

What part of you do not have permission to use my credit card do they not understand? And what about the payment arrangement that they agreed to? It's like they completely forgot that they agreed to a payment arrangement for the 19th of April and constantly harass me about it. After her constant failed attempts at getting my credit card number and full payment, I told her I am done with them and will be calling Sasktel to restore my services with them. Her response? To call customer service on the phone and I can make my payment there. Oh my Lord, this woman would not take no for an answer. I told her they will get no payment from me and that I am not going to waste my money on them, I ended the chat, screenshot everything she said and filed a BBB complaint, I will also file a complaint on their website.

I contacted their official Twitter account, the same one I had used before, to report as a last attempt at getting some sort of justice, they told me to send them a DM of the situation when I said I was planning on leaving and going back to my old phone provider, sent the message, got one response asking what type of service I had, I said mobility, messaged was read and ignored. Great customer service. I have been in tears over all of this and am very worried at how badly my credit is being affected because of Bell. I have only been with Bell Mobility for going on two months now. I have dealt with horrible customer service, false data charge text messages, threats of using my credit card when I have made a payment arrangement, being told to grow up and be responsible and to quit running away from my problems, treated like garbage for no reason at all.

I struggle with depression, since using Bell's services, my depression has gotten worse from dealing with their harassment and bullying. I am at the point where I will cancel my service with Bell and switch back to Sasktel where they actually treat you like a valued customer and are understanding if you need to make a payment arrangement, they also don't send collection agencies after you after only using their service for less than two months. My credit is being ruined by Bell and I now refuse to pay them any amount of money.

I want out of my services, that are constantly changing in price, now my monthly bill is 90.00 a month, it first started out as 75.00, now it's 90.00? what's next, 100.00? And if I am charged for data I did not use, that will be another thing I will make a complaint about. If you're thinking of switching to Bell, do yourself a huge favor and don't. Find a good, honest phone provider that cares and respects their customers. You will be thankful that you did.

Ridiculous. They told me I would have FFTH (Fiber-to-the-home) here in Montreal. I told them they told me. They play with the word 'Fibe'... Fiber in English, Fibre in French... but hey it's not fiber optic... It's good old copper cable going to the fiber optic node. It's something hybrid, I think they call it fiber to the node. Please Bell, stop saying this is fiber optic. This is not FFTH! Bell is really good at false advertising this. They're lying to the Canadian population. They're being sued right now for this by consumer protection organization in this province. Please do the same in other provinces! Let's make this a national news.

Bell TV, it's hard to find a starting point as this is the most frustrating, disappointing, and expensive pile of uselessness ever devised. The programming was implemented 10 years ago with the same content playing today. The same movies over and over again, even the best ones have become hated by repetition, seems like The Fugitive with Harrison Ford & Tommy Lee Jones, must have been on well over 1000 times in 3 months, Bell = garbage in garbage out, Alexander would be rolling over in his grave knowing he sold it out to the Greediest Country on the Planet. POOR CANADA.

What a horrible experience with Bell. I have never been so much furious! They have false information on their websites. They advertise their prepaid plans that you think you pay as you go. What a fool I was thinking I wouldn't pay for incoming calls. I come from Europe and have also been to the UK, Australia and New Zealand and I never ever in my life paid for incoming calls! Also, you have to pay per minute ON THE TOP of the price for your prepaid plan. That's absolutely ridiculous!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE SCAMMERS as they just tell you something, you are going to get something else.

I have called Bell technical services on 5 occasions and requested a new remote for my TV. It has been 2 months now and I still did not receive the remote. However, Bell charged me for the remote, within days, and I have been waiting for 2 months now. I have called Bell 5 times within the last 2 months. All I get is apologies and promises that the issue will be fixed. I am still waiting and see no resolution in sight. I have not been able to change channels on the tv and can only turn on and off with very limited use. Incredible how a company such as Bell can operate like this and still charge clients so much. If it does not get resolved by the end of this week, I will cancel all my services (phone, tv, internet and mobile) and will go to Rogers. I am not sure why I ever left Rogers.

I was using Bell mobile and Bell internet since two years. I went out of country for two months. I already called them to put my line on temporary suspension and for that one I have proof too. But they did my PH line permanently suspension... and they sent my two-month bill to collection... and they charged me liability and all other stuff. It's worst company ever I seen. I never recommend to Bell other people... it's worst company... it's really upsetting for me... and I paid around $1200 for two months...

Listen, I can give you my sob story but it doesn't even matter. If I were you I'd save yourself the never ending harassment and terrible customer service and go someplace else... Bell will drain you emotionally by constantly calling you creating issues that they will not ever actually resolve. Overcharges out of nowhere will appear on your account and won't go away even after long 3 hour arguments trying to figure out why you are being charged... just ** Bell, seriously.

This is the worst company in Canada. They are there to cheat people and the support is the horrible one ever. My Service was suspended, then I call Bell to fix the issue. They promised my service was restored, in about 2 hours. After 3 hours I call back to tech support and what happen? The person who took my call told me my service only will be restored in 24hrs.

Then I was asked the person who got my call, she said "They don't know how long this will take for to restore the service". Another annoying thing is, they never will provide the internet speed they promised. I have called the tech support so many times and they never found the problem. So I will cancel the service with this Garbage and back to Rogers.

I am very disappointed with Bell Canada because my monthly bill keeps on changing. On September 2016, I negotiated with a Bell Agent for the Bell Bundle pack, which includes Internet, TV and Landline. We agreed that for one year (until October 2017) the rate would not change. At the time, I had a choice to either go with Bell or Videotron (both offered competitive deals) however since Bell agent wanted the business he offered me a slightly better fixed price and a one-year price guarantee. Therefore I decided to go ahead with BELL Canada.

Unfortunately now, this isn’t the case, my monthly price keeps on changing. In December 2016, (2 months later) my rate was increased by $14.90. On January 2017, I called to adjust my bill to the one year agreed fixed price and the Bell agent did so; he respected the promised price which was great. However two months later (March 2017) the rate increase again by $10 for the month of February and March 2017. I called today and the Bell Agent told me there’s a price increase. Therefore there is nothing he can do and that even with the increase I still have a GOOD DEAL. This is not the point whether I have a good deal or not! My original quoted price was for one year and it should be respected as promised. My budget was set for the year and it’s unfair to change the rate.

This price change seems to be a common problem at Bell Canada. Prices that are negotiated never remain as agreed. I see from others complaints and I’ve also faced the same problem with my mom Bell Canada bills- every 2-3 months price changes and I need to call to make the corrections. Today the BELL agent is not willing to respect my quoted ONE YEAR price. I am very disappointed and frustrated to see such fluctuation in billing, it's not right!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I signed a Bell Bundle contract including Internet, TV and Home phone services. The service started in July last year. In February I found the bill increased, and they told me it was because the Bell price change. OK, I told them to cancel all the services. Then they forwarded my call to loyalty customer department. The representative promised that they would cancel TV and home phone services which I didn't need any more, and upgrade the Internet to Fibe 50 (previously 25) WITHOUT EXTRA FEE. We agreed that a cancellation fee would apply. I asked for a confirmation email but they had never sent one. Today I saw the new bill: TV: remained, Home phone: remained, Internet, upgraded to Fibe 50 WITH EXTRA FEE. I am calm. I will cancel the services, without negotiation. I will spread the experience to all the people I know. ** you, Bell!

So last week I decided that I wanted to add the TV and phone as I already have internet for a very long while. So I call them and ask them about it and I get a decent price. So I order it and the appointment was made for Monday on a day I work so I still took it otherwise I would of get it at the end of April if I wanted an appointment for weekend.

So far so good until today the day where my services are suppose to be here. So I leave work around 11:30 and arrive around 11:50 but guess what the technician has already pass by and said I wasn't there. Seriously it's not even 12:00. So obviously I'm mad. So I decide to call them and this is where it goes to hell. I'm talking with one agent that tells me they can't do nothing. Seriously I'm mad right there. Then I get transfer to cancellation cause I'm pissed and do not wish to have another appointment due to them not following their own rules. So they cancel the order.

Then I ask for cancellation for the internet I already had so I can get a few bucks off my bill per month. So again I need to repeat everything but the call hangs up while on hold so I get redirected to another agent which I can't hear cause the tone of voice is so low. So I get transferred again until I get a supervisor but she try to enroll me again and I kinda want my tv so I say ok for Sunday only then she said she will call back. I was surprise that she call me back but she said $155 for the bundles. I'm like, "Hell no, that's not what I was suppose to pay if you would done your job correctly."

I'm so pissed that I asked for someone who takes complaints but she said she's the one that will do it. I'm so pissed off. She offers me $20 for all the unfortunate thing that happen to me. Of course I take it as it's better than nothing But seriously Worst customer support and very very bad technician. I hate Bell. I will not refer you. The worst is I had a couple friend that wanted to go with them if all went good for me. So they just lost a few customer because of a stupid technician that just care about money and not customer.

Anyway so to resume I don't get the service I asked for then I get an horrible customer services throwing me at different agent and all this for more than two hours on the phone and having to repeat multiple time. The only reason I did not cancel my internet is that I need a fast upload and download speed so 300mb down 100mb upload unlimited.

I received an email on November 28th saying Fibe tv was available in our area. After a brief conversation with a Bell representative I discovered Fibe tv was not available in my area but was told to call for a better rate of 145.00 plus tax if I changed my tv over to Bell satellite from Cogeco, with a 2 year contract, and as a valued customer would receive a 200.00 preloaded Visa card. I asked why not just take the 200.00 off of my bill and was informed that Bell does not handle the gift cards and I would receive it in the mail.

The installation was done on Dec 6 requiring a day of me being home as no set time for the safelight service could be provided. The service man showed up with only enough equipment to install 4 TVs and I informed him I had 5 TVs, 1 in each bed room, 1 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the basement. The service man informed me he would need to install a switch for the 5th tv and didn't have it with him and he would have to drive back to green valley to get one but wouldn't be able to do it that day, to which it has never happened.

On January 9th I remember I hadn't received the 200.00 dollar preloaded Visa card so I contacted Bell through chat and was told the installer should have gave me the gift card, and gave me a tel # to call concerning that. After a phone call I was told it would take 10 days to investigate the problem, and I would have someone call me, to which they did and said I would receive the card by Feb. 7th.

I waited till the 10th of Feb. and after not receiving the gift card made an additional phone call, to what I was told because I called them about it again meant an additional 10 business days to investigate and that someone would call within 48 hours to no avail. I returned another phone call and was told that no one could find this conversation, but if I was will to settle for 100.00 plus tax they would take it off of my Feb. bill.

In January I had received a phone call saying I would receive the movie network till April 4th free. My February bill came and I noticed they charged me for TMN 20.57 and had increased my bill to 202.00 a month even though the 2 year contract was for 145.00 plus tax. I spoke to an agent about the increase and was told Bell could increase my account anytime they wanted to and if I canceled they would charge me 150.00 for a breached contract. I looked in my email and all chat conversations with Bell had been removed from my email account and any contract information had been deleted except for the one that stated a 2 year contract would be 150.00 for cancellation meaning someone had went into my email account and removed all chat conversations.

On 2 occasions I asked for the Bell associates employee # to which I received and was told I would receive the original 146.00 plus tax offer. After I told the associate that I had the previous employee # and name to which confirmed the original offer of 145.00 plus tax and had told me an manager would call me about this total mix up, to which never happened.

I was a Bell internet customer for more than 6 years, and I had several issues particularly with the billing. After the last fee increase for the service, I finally decided to move to another service provider and cancelled my Bell internet service last month. I had a monthly promo on my account and Bell charges at the beginning of every month for the coming month and checking my last bill, the calculation was incorrect and I was also charged back the promo fee for the last month! I called them several times and spent a few hours to rectify the miscalculation. I assume they do the same miscalculation for many people which is in their own favor, and many people would not check the bill in detail or would not spent the time to contact them several times to rectify the miscalculations.

We have been long-time Bell customers. We signed up originally to take advantage of an offer for a Fibe TV, internet and home phone package. From the beginning, we had problems; we weren't getting channels that had originally been available, were told the package we received did not exist, and although we signed a two year contract, they almost immediately changed contract conditions. I'm not sure they understand the meaning of the word "contract." Every month our bill crept up with no discernible extra usage on our part. We started at $110 per month and have gone as high as $240. The basic phone package is absolute crap, and we got dinged with high, long distance charges on the few occasions we made calls. It came to the point where we rarely used our phone. We even tried to reduce our bills by cutting out caller ID ($10 per month), but were still charged for it on subsequent bills.

I have had to call them on numerous occasions to dispute questionable charges, and renegotiate our services to a more manageable rate. Every time we have had to give up something just to break even. I hate calling them. I shouldn't HAVE to call them, but I think this is part of their business model. They want to get you on the phone and frustrate you to the point of nervous exhaustion, then you give up and give in, and end up paying their exorbitant bills. We ended up with a bare bones plan, and were paying twice our original contract price.

Finally, we went with a competitor, but Bell wasn't finished with us. After I returned all of their equipment, everything including the remote batteries, I received an email telling us they hadn't received equipment and we would be billed $199! Luckily I had the Canada Post tracking number that proved they received the goods, however, I was supposed to send SOME of the equipment to ANOTHER address using Purolater.

I was on the phone, either talking to a representative or on hold for an entire morning; I was disconnected twice after being on hold for an hour each time. One representative had me searching my house for a piece of equipment that I knew I did not have. Finally, I managed to get through to another rep, who after putting me on hold for 20 minutes, returned to tell me that records show that all equipment is accounted for, and we will not be billed. WHAT? Great news, but can I believe them? Am I going to get another call or email telling me I owe them, and I will have to go through the whole rigmarole again? It's enough to drive you insane. To add insult to injury, the last rep had the audacity to ask me what we are paying with our new provider! All I know for sure is, as far as Bell Canada is concerned -- NEVER AGAIN!

I went into the Source at Scarborough Centre and looked at the iPhone 7. The sales lady talked me into getting a 2 year contract. I asked if the phone is cheaper anywhere else. She convinced me that I won't find it cheaper anywhere, which was a lie. My friend went to Rogers and got the same phone free on a contract. I had to pay a deposit of $500 and a security deposit refundable after 6 months of $400. I went back to The Source and wanted to cancel my contract. I was told that I must contact Bell Canada and fill out a Xmas price guarantee. I did just that. Well it turns out that the price guarantee was only with Bell and not the other providers. I was told I will be getting a $470 credit on my account. Well, I only got $100 and then they cut my phone off. I had to pay $135 to get back my connection. I was mad and spoke to the manager. Got nowhere. I have subsequently cancelled my contract with Bell and have gone to Freedom Mobile.

I now pay $35 dollars and get 6gb data and unlimited Canada/US calling and international texting. The service is excellent. I had to pay Bell $150 to get my phone unlocked as they say I am on review. BS. I still have to pay them $95 plus $113 to end the contract. I am so happy to get rid of Bell. I will never get anything again from Bell Canada as they cannot be trusted. Every time I called customer care with a complaint, I got a different story. Nobody there tells the same story. Disgusting. I was in at the mall and enquired about the Fibe TV. They asked my address and name. I was emailed a quote and replied that I was not interested. Well, Last Saturday a technician came to install. I told him to take a hike as I never ordered it. Customers must be aware of their contracts as it is not what they tell you.

Worst company to deal with. I call previous to cancel and ask for a final bill, they give an amount. After I pay the half, they sent me another bill with double of the first amount. How is possible then in Canada there is no protection for consumers. Is ridiculous that this kind of company operate and robbed all customers, paying a really high rates on top. They just add and add services charges then doesn't exist and get away with that... I prefer to go to collection than pay this bastards anything!!! Welcome to Canada!!

Agreed on the phone to a two year fixed price with Bell Canada that included home phone, internet, tv and mobile. About 8 months after installation, they raised my rate by $10.00 per month (even though they had told me that the price was fixed for two years). Sixteen months into the two years, I cancelled all services except my mobile phone, and then they charged me a $75.00 disconnection fee, which I was also taxed on (thank you Ontario liberals!). I asked them what service the $75.00 was for, and they said it was a penalty for ending the service before the two year contract was up. I told them that I never signed a two year contract, so I would like to see it. They told me that I would have been "verbally told". These people (Bell) are nothing short of criminal scam artists. I truly hope that technology improves to the point where they have REAL competition, because no one I know can stand them!

Last year I was helping my elderly German friends (She is 88m. He is 93.) to order Bell TV and home phone. Their daughter lives in Germany so we were looking for a long distance plan. There was a very polite customer service rep, he even knew some German, and he set them up with a 3c per minute plan. Each time when the make a call, after dialing the number there is a message “3c per minute for this call”. We visited them on Wednesday (March 15, 2017), she showed me her Bell bill from last month. I didn’t believe what I saw; long distance charges to Germany from 4c per minute up to 8c per minute. We called Bell customer support. I was told that they don’t have any long distance plan to Germany!! And one more thing; you are showing savings of over $1400 for long distance calls in Ontario. IS THIS A JOKE??? This is taking advantage of elderly people. THANK YOU BELL!

I had Bell when I lived up north and it was fine. However, I recently moved and thought that the service would remain the same. It has been awful! The tv and internet kept going out and tech people had to keep coming to my place. I'm renting and a modem was already installed but I was told that I would get charged for it... I called several times politely saying that my internet and tv kept going out. The people that answered were incredibly rude and proceeded to blame me over the phone saying that I had said that their tech people were incompetent. I had said nothing of the sort. I decided to cancel my service and the man on the phone kept trying to convince me to stay. I repeatedly said politely that I wanted to cancel, but he went back and forth with me for almost an hour! When he finally gave up, I heard him say, "Fine, I'll get a cancellation number." He slammed down the phone and I could hear people chatting in the background.

I was then told to return everything including the modem that was already here when I moved in or I would have to pay for it. I received the return labels only a few days before it was expected back to them. It's been several months since I cancelled and I just got a bill from them today for over $100! I'm so disappointed because I had had a fairly good experience with them in the past. The rude people on the phone was a huge turn off, and I wouldn't recommend them in southern Ontario.

I called to get a balance on an old account so that I could pay it off. When I spoke to the finance department I realized that someone had been using my information to have cable. They told me that they couldn't give me any of the information regarding the account even though I could answer all of the security questions... except for the address... because it's not my address... It's someone else. I asked him to cancel the account immediately and he became frustrated with me and told me he couldn't help me. If I hadn't called I would have never known about this. They should be asking for ID with EVERYONE who gets services with them! Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Compare Home Phone Service