3.1/5 (482 ratings)

About Bell Canada

Bell Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bell Canada?

Original review: June 22, 2022

My wife and I both work from home and recently moved to a rural area. We were told Bell internet was high speed and that was a lie. What’s worse is that twice in the last week they have made errors and shut off our internet TWICE. The last time was in the middle of a work day and it was because they “made a mistake.” Even worse, to correct this mistake takes up to 24 hours!!!! They can stop your service with a click of a button but can’t turn it back on for 24 hours?!?!? Unacceptable. For the price they charge, they should offer better service. Plus their customer service people are rude and incompetent. If I could give them less than 1 star I would. As soon as we change service providers I will never buy or pay for another Bell service as long as I live. Just the worst company EVER!!!!

Original review: June 3, 2022

We were moving in our new house on May 31, so, to avoid weeks of no internet, I phoned Bell to make an appointment on May 11, June 2 was the hook up date I was given. The 2nd came and went, so on the 3rd I called to see what had happened, only to find there was an issue with the address (which had already been identified, addressed, and "fixed" on the original call), and my hook up date was moved to the 14th, no email, no phone call, nothing from bell whatsoever, and would have known nothing unless I called, spent 3 hours talking to 10 different people, with zero satisfaction, and that's how many stars I'd give 'em if it were possible, bell is the only game in town up here where I live, and they act accordingly, very poor service, just not good enough in my books!!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Horrible. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH BELL!!!! EVER. Go to Rogers. Or anyone else. I was new to Canada. Signed up for an $84 per month internet, phone and TV package for 12 months. A couple months later was being charged $290 per month. 5 months in, was charged $750 for one month. When I phoned them (3 times for two hours at a time) to ask what was happening, just got transferred from person to person. So I never figured out what was wrong. Then got told that my TV somehow got cancelled, so the whole $84 p/m fell apart and I'd been paying for TV, Internet and phone separately. But nobody at Bell had informed me. And now I had $1371 bill to pay, for no reason that had been communicated.

Have subsequently learned from Canadians that this is kind of normal behaviour from Bell, and have been advised that I should have never gone to Bell in the first place and should have chosen Rogers instead. Because Bell is famously bad. So, for anyone in Canada looking for internet, phone, TV or anything like that. Please don't make my mistake. Please avoid Bell at all costs.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I took prepaid mobile service in Canada but it has very unethical way of handling operations. Plans are not for client benefits but only for the company to make money. I will never take up Bell services again.

Original review: May 25, 2022

My family is super frustrated with this company. We had been (internet, TV & 4 mobile) clients for over 25 years. After much frustration, we left Bell. Years later, we decided to give them another chance in the internet and TV area, and what a mistake. In a nutshell, they are so abusive in their lack of customer service. We live in Montreal, and have been incredibly unsatisfied. The latest woe is 4 days in a row where we stay at home waiting for the technician to fix an outdoor cut wire, and no one shows up. We are done with Bell. If you value your health and your blood pressure, do yourself a favour. Don’t touch any of Bell offering. Good luck.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Bell Canada had service interruptions 2 days ago. 48 hrs later I am still without tv and receiver service. As I couldn’t get thru to any customer service agents because of their overloaded system, I did a remote inquiry. After several hours trying to correct the problem they said they would need to send out a technician. Technicians were a no show. Don’t believe the online service when they say you have an appt book with a service technician, there was no record of it. I even have a record of the conversation transcript but they were not interested in it. The Bell remote system is a sham

Original review: May 17, 2022

I had nothing but stupid excuses from tech support. Telling us we have too many devices connected. LOL. 5 computers is too much? We had a tech over 3 times. Internet was cutting 5 times a day. We decided to switch to Videotron and since never had 1 problem.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Since installing Bell what a nightmare, no internet constantly. I hired the Geek Squad to install all my smart TV'S because Bell told me that the technicians don't have to connect the TV'S and now I hired the Geek Squad back to install this I provided in the image so that I can get internet throughout my small 1200 square foot home. They even left a hole from the outside of my home and they won't come out to caulk it. Very disappointed in Bell.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I was on plan for 6gb data. Been following up with their CS for weeks regarding an upgrade with no response. Decided to cancel my plan altogether. To my surprise, they issued $10 refund on the remaining days I had, but prorated my data consumption and charged me $100 which they capped at $50 for over the limit usage. How ethical is this? Why refund me then? I was happy to pay the full $800+ to cancel everything and be done. They offered to waive the extra charge if I go back to them, since I always paid on time and never exceeded my usage. Now you know if you didn’t like me!

Original review: April 15, 2022

They charged me twice, after waiting for a long time on the phone I had to deal with The most rude person I’ve ever talked, very unprofessional. She didn’t even want to give me the refund and was pushing on it, and then decided to give me a cheque within 30 days. How come? You take the money twice automatically but you can’t give me the refund back electronically? That’s insane. It sucks. Very disappointed and unsatisfied with her phone attitude. You need to train your staff about courtesy and professionalism and respectful. I can’t wait to leave them. And the reception has been a bad experience as well.

Bell Canada author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bell Canada is the largest communications company in Canada, offering mobile phone, television, Internet and home phone services. Customers receive discounts when they subscribe to more than once service. They have both traditional landlines and fiber optic lines. The company is publically traded on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Montreal.

• International plans: Customers can choose from several international long distance plans, including unlimited calling in the United States and Canada and unlimited worldwide calling.

• Extra features: Bell Canada offers call waiting, caller ID and call forwarding to interested customers. The features are included in the price of some plans.

• Online support: Customers can use the self-serve options on Bell Canada’s website. The website provides troubleshooting tips and informational articles to help customers with any questions or problems. The website also has a live chat feature so customers can get instant answers to other questions about their service.

• Protection plans: Bell Canada offers protection plans to ensure customers aren’t financially responsible for repairing damage to phone lines.

• Safety and security: All Bell Canada phone plans are compatible with home security systems. Traditional landlines also make it easy for emergency personnel to track emergency calls.

Bell Canada Company Information