AT&T Wireless
1.42/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5954 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Salesman came to our home during DirecTV installment. I accepted and was told our refund would come within 4 weeks of submitting the final bill. I had to pay out of pocket $900 to get out of Sprint contract, I REGRET IT. It has been over 4 weeks, and still no $444 prepaid visa. I keep contacting AT&T, and today I was told to wait 21 days from yesterday to receive it. I was told this end of January as well. Am I actually going to receive this “prepaid Visa card”? What a JOKE! Now I am out of pocket $900. Good job AT&T for having such great scams.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Misled and took $1019.00 out of my bank without authorization for a mistake they made. Never a call back from anyone and sat on hold for hours several times. Very poor management and the people answering the phones don't know what they're doing. I've been a customer for years. Horrible treatment.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We started this process with AT&T of trying to return phones and cancel contracts the end of September 2018. We traded phones for two reasons: 1) our service was really bad, 2) we have had a hacker on our system for about a year or more and no one was helping to get rid of the problem. I have over 500 screenshots showing problems with this. The last straw was the hacker got into our AT&T account and Wells Fargo locked it down. I couldn’t even access my own account. I had been telling AT&T for about a month that I couldn’t access my account, I was locked out and they kept telling me that the company was probably working on it. Not true!! A HACKER HAD CONTROL OF IT. No one would check. The next thing I knew someone had a shopping cart full of phones trying to check out with my credit card.

We talked with the Retention Team, a Vincent, and got commitment to cancel our service and contract We had to follow directions and return the phones. Which we did. I have been addressing the issue of $1,732.74 with AT&T since last November. Phones were returned to them through their Retention Team representative Vincent. I have receipts for everything. I have the tracking number on the phones through USPS. We were charged by AT&T in November and it was reversed because the phones were found in their warehouse in Texas in THEIR!! possession. I have copies of letters from AT&T and my bank to that effect.

I contacted AT&T today 2/12/19. I spoke with several people. It was once again determined that the phones were in AT&T possession!! I was told that the account would be credited and zeroed out not to worry. I asked for documentation in writing and will forward this when or if I get it. This company is not too dependable. It is now the 15th and I did not receive anything from AT&T. I did send a letter of Dispute to the Credit Agency they have trying to collect this debt I do not owe and I received a letter back from them stating they have received it. I have asked them to not report this mess to the credit bureau against me. I have a credit score over 800. I will see that they are reported as well. I have had enough after months of this mess. What a mess. Turn people over to collections who don’t owe a dime.

So here starts the reporting process. I am out over $6,000 to date going on their recommendations to escape or get rid of the hacking situation. Buy more phones, buy yourself out of this contract and use another technology. I blindly followed recommendations, what a fool I have been. Now look at this mess. The last set of phones they even cut them off so abruptly we couldnt transfer any information or data to the new phones we have now from another company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was a customer for 15 years and they started increasing my bill even though I was on a plan that they came up with a year ago. I would call customer service and they gave me the runaround. I ended up speaking to 5 people with no help. So I cancelled my service and went to another provider and AT&T didn't like that even though I was paid up to date and my devices were paid for so I could get them unlocked. AT&T gave me the run around for over an hour and still did not get my phone unlocked. If there was a chance for me to return to AT&T it's definitely never now!! I was a great customer who always paid their bill on time always. BIG LOSS FOR AT&T!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

AT&T wrongly charged me an additional $70 on my billing this month for an ‘international’ call made to a number that I did not recognize. On further investigating they found out that the call was made to JAPAN and lasted 15 min. I definitely DID NOT make that call. Told them to further investigate this suspicious activity. To that they rudely answered that the call did come from my phone and that there’s no way those $70 will be reimbursed. I have been a customer with AT&T for 4 years now. And it was sad to see they wouldn’t even consider further investigation and would charge me for a spam activity! I asked what if this keeps happening every month. Their solution to my problem was ‘oh you can block your international calls’. Thank you very much for the stupid solution. I investigated this myself further and found out that this has happened to multiple other people too! WILL NOT RECOMMEND AT&T to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

When I first signed up with AT&T in 2014 I'd get my bill in the mail on the 5th of each month and it wasn't due until the 21st. But recently I didn't get it until the 8th or the 10th and it was due on the 17th. The closing dates on the bill is the 26th of each month and since it takes 3-4 days for mail to get from Carol Stream Ill to the west coast that means the bills were sent out until the 5th or the 7th of each month, almost 2 weeks after the closing date, but were due on the 17th and minus that 3-4 days mail time that meant the we had only 3 days to check a check in the mail with out being late. I called their customer service and all they could tell me was 1) I could pay online or sign up for auto pay, but since the system has been hacked at least once a year for the last 4 years, that didn't seem like a very smart option. or 2) I could pay my bill at one of their stores which would mean driving 15 miles into town to make a special trip just to pay my bill.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about the short time between getting the bill and the due date and was contacted by AT&T giving me all the above options and to them there was nothing wrong with their billing system and she said they were giving us plenty of time to pay the bill or we could just use the above mentioned options the were an inconvenience for us and didn't matter to them. I contacted BBB, got a rebuttal from AT&T, solving nothing, replied to BBB's message asking if they satisfied my complaint saying they didn't and AT&T responded to me again and it was the same exchange of words again, but this time she said she'd forward it to corporate which to me is a polite way of saying ** you. So I'd suggest that if you have a complaint about AT&T about anything, file it with the Better Business Bureau and with enough complaints against them we can hold their feet to the fire and make them straighten up and fly right.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I just signed up with service from them this week & it’s as the biggest mistake ever!! Said they would pay all my final bills with my previous carrier but the carrier still says I owe them. Then the representative told me to keep paying my last carrier because I won’t have a bill from them in awhile and that the credit that I was approved for will be given back. Mind you this was all in text!! I called him but said he would call me back & never did. Wow and on top of that I was being transferred continuously to different departments who knew absolutely nothing!!! I’m gonna continue the service to see how it turns out but then I'm definitely gonna switch over to someone else. Rude and disrespectful to their customers. It was like a punch in the face cause I felt as though they could care less.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

By far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I called on a Monday and ordered my DirecTV and internet through these guys, at which time I said I may like to get mobile service. They said no problem and I applied was approved, and said I would pay that Thursday. Well I called today to give them money and they said they had no record of my account. So I did another application and the guy said, “Oh there is a problem. I will call you back in ten minutes.” No call, so I called back and she said he didn't save the application and I would have to do another one. Then my credit app was flagged so she said, "Call the store." I called the store. She said she can’t help unless I come in... Come on man get your guys stuff together. I was trying to give you money. What a pain in the **.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My phone line was disconnected multiple times and had to pay 45.00 service charge because they wouldn’t apply my corporate discount on-time. My average bill should have been 105 per month but it was always more than 150. Every time my phone was disconnected. I paid off my both phones (even the one I should be getting it for free) and trying to get out from the contract, but they still haven’t unlocked my phones. I got tired of paying re-store fee (45 dollars each time) and set up an automatic payment but I am very afraid they will take all my money in the name of various charges.

One time customer service representative said pay the full balance minus corporate discount (25 dollars) and the account will be in good standing but same week they discounted by service because of that unpaid 25 dollars that I supposed to get as discount. AT&T is the worst company in the whole world. I would never ever use their product and services. I regret falling for that buy one get one free phone option. I regret using AT&T like nothing else but never again. I am better off with prepaid plans where I know exactly how much I will be paying each month.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Many problems. Data and phone stops working with loss tower signal. Tower 3 miles away. Many calls to have AT&T to reboot their computers for me to regain signal. They blame my AT&T phone at first. This has become another Verizon - 2 weeks data speed then slow speed. AT&T allows hacking of phone numbers.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

TX
    (800) 288-2020
    www.att.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.