AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5
Based on 3,678 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Wireless Reviews

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Before traveling to Canada, I stopped in to affirm that out cellular plan would work while on vacation in the Canadian Rockies. The service rep checked and assured me that using our phones would be "just like we were at home". Four days into the trip I received a message about excess data usage...five days into the trip my data usage was blocked. Not at all what I was expecting.

Upon returning home I went to inquire about the problem. Miguel, who had assisted me before (he is friendly, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to help clients), did a quick check and said I'd have to wait until all the charges from that billing period had come though. Based on his check he stated that it appeared that any problem was an error on AT&T's part. The bill arrives - over $1,200!

I'm going to shorten the story...Miguel and the staff at the store spent hours (I was at the store for over 4 hours trying to resolve the problem with their help) supporting my claim that the excess charges were AT&T's responsibility and needed to be adjusted accordingly. With Miguel's help and support the billed amount was changed in accordance with what I had originally expected. Thanks to all their help...I'm very pleased!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I switch from Sprint (Sept. the 19th. 2019) because of the coverage that AT&T offer. While in the store with preparing to move 3 lines over, the rep. said that the activation frees would be waived. Six days later I got my bill and it showed that I was being charge $90.00 dollars for activating my 3 lines. I went back to the store and tried to get the fees taken off, and of course they would not do it.

After a while, I called in to At&t customer service and a new door of kindness opened up. Gretchen **. (the customer service rep.) took care of all the issues that I was have. I could not get all the fees removed, but enough to make me add another line to my account, with no activation fees.. "Gretchen, being a business owner I would like to say that the customer service that I received from you today was the best service that I have ever received in my life. Thank you for being understanding, and most of all, thank you for your 25 year of service with At&t"...

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My cell phone was heating up and not keeping the charge. Went into the store and was told I would have to replace the phone. The AT&T tech, Garret **, asked me if I had insurance on the phone, which I did. He told me the web page to go on and told me it would cost about $120. He told me to bring the new phone in and he would take care of transferring everything to the new phone. It took one day and phone came. Took the new phone into the store and Garret did everything for me. I was very impressed as everyone in that store was helpful and did not try and sell me a new phone, which they could have, as I did not know about the insurance covering it. I will recommend that store in Palos Hts to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I changed my service to unlimited talk/text on the last day of my billing cycle. Somehow there was a double billing amount when I looked online to see my current payment. I went back to store (Pleasant Prairie, WI) and they were able to explain what happened and change to the correct amount. I realize billing sometimes doesn't factor everything in when you first get the bill, but I was assured I will pay what I expected to pay. Thanks to District Mgr. Mike and my store rep Derek. They both took the time to explain how the billing works. It was pleasure working with both Derek and Mike. I was a previous Verizon customer, and 30 months ago I switched over and I'm glad I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I originally got services end of 2017. Everything was wonderful. Super satisfied until May 2018. I called to see what options I had as I had to move due to a car accident and my parents already had services with AT&T. I made it clear I wasn't going back to the old address with original rep. She advised to put services on hold so I did. She said it was good for 6 months. 3 months in I was sent a bill as if I had restored services called and was given some ** answer and was told pay the bill it would fix itself. It never did. Called back and was told the account was being resuspended for me. Come to find out it never was. Then I got another bill today 2/6/2019 for $110 again they reactivated the services AGAIN.

I called and was livid kept getting this Asian woman that spoke horrible English and understood it even less until I was transferred to ED from Missouri who knew what he was talking about, made sense and got everything taken care off. I did have to cancel my account and will have to reactivate all over when I get to my place and there is a small fee to cancel but that's ok as he explained everything thoroughly and clearly and to where I understood and it made sense. HE and ONLY him restored my faith in AT&T and because of him I will come back once settled into my own spot. Thank you Ed for your upstanding customer service and customer relation skills. You are a real star of the AT&T team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Save yourself the aggravation and use any company but this one for wireless and cable t.v. service. They take customer service to new lows and show zero respect for their customers. They will bleed you with premium fees for outdated services. I've never been treated with such contempt.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We just switched our company from AT&T and never want to go back to dealing with there nightmares again. Customer service if offshore with English being a second language at best. Does anyone else think it strange a communications company would utilize a whole group of people that cannot communicate well to the general public? This is just indicative of the noncaring attitude of management at this organization. Call customer service sometime and watch just how long you wait on hold speaking to a machine that 9 times out of 10 cannot help you and then get transferred to a India to get marginal help.

Yesterday I was transferred to (5) different people to get help with our business account. We only have 10 wireless phones with them and this may not be a lot for them in the scope of things. It's important for us to be treated fairly. I needed to upgrade all 10 phones and there were only going to charge me around $7000 for this upgrade. Today I called and waited on hold forever again. Finally transferred me to India and Gustav the customer service agent, was curt and impatient with me. I just cancelled my account. Went to GCI and they gave me 10 new iPhone 10's for free and my monthly service charge is less than what I was paying At&t. Why would I ever go back when they treat a 20 year customer so poorly.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

This used to be the best company but now it has gone to the dogs!! I called due to cable and internet issues, couldn’t get fixed over the phone so a tech comes out. I assume it’s fixed after he left. By the end of the night I had to call again. Same garbage...this is now the third time someone is coming out for the same problem. You guys need to send out professional trained people to do repairs, not rookies! The fourth tech is scheduled to come on Thursday, but I will probably be done with AT&T by then. SMH!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I've been an ATT customer for 50 years. But over the past few years poor customer service has prompted me to drop their internet service, landline service and two months ago, their mobile phone service. On the latter, I had a credit of over $80 that they never gave back to me. I called, chatted, messaged via FB and even tried emailing corporate execs, but never could get an answer. Finally, I complained to the BBB and was contacted by a rep with a heavy foreign accent who told me I would be receiving my refund in 6-8 weeks. Well, yesterday I got it---in the form of a Debit Mastercard! What in the world?!!! Not even VISA that I can use with most businesses. I had to go thru the trouble of going to a 3rd party website, registering with my personal information just to request a check to be mailed---which I should receive in about 2 more weeks. What happened to the great company. They are not even third-rate anymore. I will never go back.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I went to their store - 911 Oak Tree Road South Plainfield NJ. The sales person gave me all false information to sell two mobile phones and an additional line. They mentioned I will be upgraded under BOGO (BUY ONE GET ONE) plan which will give me one phone free with purchase of another. Not only this they brought me down on my data stating as per plan I have to downgrade and buy an additional line. I did all that to get a surprise that I was actually sold 2 phones (not one) on full price and an expensive data plan. I reached out to the store multiple times and their behavior was rude and arrogant. Virtually -"Don't care after the sale".

To my surprise even AT&T customer care had similar attitude. After spending almost 5 hours and multiple calls they offered a mere 200 dollar compensation for a USD 800 phone that I am paying apart from expensive data plan. I am not surprised seeing AT&T among the worst customer experience companies, especially after going through it personally. I experienced this after being with AT&T for more than 10 years. If they don't care loyalty for old customer imagine the plight of new ones who are evaluating them. NEVER TRY AT&T.

Not sure about AT&T Wireless?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Prepaid Phones for you.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team