AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

AT&T is one of the largest wireless internet providers in the nation. Its wireless services are available for businesses and individuals and are compatible with Apple, LG, Samsung and Google smart devices.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: March 31, 2020

Coverage and speed is very good. I could only get my last Samsung active in black. That was a disappointment. The selection of models of phones is very good. Most of their selection of phones are the more expensive, top of the line models. I really enjoy all the features for blocking spam and phishing. I do wish the e-mail to text had a spam filter. I very much use the e-mail to text feature for alerts from my home network and I am glad to have it. ATT phones are very open for apps. Other vendors will not allow OpenVPN on their phones, but ATT does not mind. I will renew with ATT when my current contract comes up.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Before traveling to Canada, I stopped in to affirm that out cellular plan would work while on vacation in the Canadian Rockies. The service rep checked and assured me that using our phones would be "just like we were at home". Four days into the trip I received a message about excess data usage...five days into the trip my data usage was blocked. Not at all what I was expecting.

Upon returning home I went to inquire about the problem. Miguel, who had assisted me before (he is friendly, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to help clients), did a quick check and said I'd have to wait until all the charges from that billing period had come though. Based on his check he stated that it appeared that any problem was an error on AT&T's part. The bill arrives - over $1,200!

I'm going to shorten the story...Miguel and the staff at the store spent hours (I was at the store for over 4 hours trying to resolve the problem with their help) supporting my claim that the excess charges were AT&T's responsibility and needed to be adjusted accordingly. With Miguel's help and support the billed amount was changed in accordance with what I had originally expected. Thanks to all their help...I'm very pleased!

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I switch from Sprint (Sept. the 19th. 2019) because of the coverage that AT&T offer. While in the store with preparing to move 3 lines over, the rep. said that the activation frees would be waived. Six days later I got my bill and it showed that I was being charge $90.00 dollars for activating my 3 lines. I went back to the store and tried to get the fees taken off, and of course they would not do it.

After a while, I called in to At&t customer service and a new door of kindness opened up. Gretchen **. (the customer service rep.) took care of all the issues that I was have. I could not get all the fees removed, but enough to make me add another line to my account, with no activation fees.. "Gretchen, being a business owner I would like to say that the customer service that I received from you today was the best service that I have ever received in my life. Thank you for being understanding, and most of all, thank you for your 25 year of service with At&t"...

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My cell phone was heating up and not keeping the charge. Went into the store and was told I would have to replace the phone. The AT&T tech, Garret **, asked me if I had insurance on the phone, which I did. He told me the web page to go on and told me it would cost about $120. He told me to bring the new phone in and he would take care of transferring everything to the new phone. It took one day and phone came. Took the new phone into the store and Garret did everything for me. I was very impressed as everyone in that store was helpful and did not try and sell me a new phone, which they could have, as I did not know about the insurance covering it. I will recommend that store in Palos Hts to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I changed my service to unlimited talk/text on the last day of my billing cycle. Somehow there was a double billing amount when I looked online to see my current payment. I went back to store (Pleasant Prairie, WI) and they were able to explain what happened and change to the correct amount. I realize billing sometimes doesn't factor everything in when you first get the bill, but I was assured I will pay what I expected to pay. Thanks to District Mgr. Mike and my store rep Derek. They both took the time to explain how the billing works. It was pleasure working with both Derek and Mike. I was a previous Verizon customer, and 30 months ago I switched over and I'm glad I did.

Original review: July 8, 2020

In Sept 2019, I was promised a great price to switch my service from Verizon to AT&T and it was the worst mistake ever. They have yet to honor the price they quoted me. I've been given the run around since Nov. 2019.

Original review: July 8, 2020

WOW! I just found out when I went to settle my final ATT bill that they have been charging me an additional $13.50 a month for the last 4 years since they gave me a "free" tablet, that is still in the box! That's over $600 for a device I've never even used. AND since there was a separate phone number associated with the tablet (which I was also not aware of), they were still charging me the full monthly phone charges even tho I switched wireless companies a month ago. How did I never realize this? When you pay your bill from your phone, you never actually see the breakdown. I just thought that I was paying an average monthly bill for owning a cellphone. I'm an idiot.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I am AT&T customer since two years and it took me long to figure out that behind helpful teams there is something seriously wrong which technical teams can't fix which fails the Internet solution for me which tells on paper 300 plus Mbps speed but actually less than 20 Mbps most times in actual. I don't mind little less or more speed as long as it is consistent and I am not stopped. Irony is that it has dropped me out of several important meetings for spotty connections and reviewing in detail afterwards resulted in no findings from tech team for why was it dropping.

Believe me I was with Spectrum before AT&T and they provided 100 Mbps consistent even when I was registered for 200 Mbps and I never complained because never faced such humiliations in office meetings for such kind of disconnections. It was my greed for better bandwidth which resulted me into this horrible internet provider.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I upgraded two lines and traded in our old phones. They only give you 30 days for the upgrades to be returned. Sounds like a long time, right?! No, it took almost three weeks to get the new phone and the shipping label for old one, which they counted AGAINST my 30 days. Then it took them over a week to process it AFTER THEY RECEIVED IT, which they also counted against my 30 days. So now they are charging me for both sets of phones. Stay away from them! They are no better than scam artists.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I've had numerous issues with AT&T customer service as well as sales. You feel great when sales lies to you and then you feel like crap after you find out they lied. Then the service team cannot give you a straight answer. It's consistently poor and I spend 3-6 hours each time there is a problem because of misinformation and constantly being transferred.

AT&T author review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team