AT&T Wireless

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am so stressed out and done with AT&T Wireless. I spent two days to make payment arrangements to pay a PAA due of 137.70. On Oct. 10, 2016 I paid 202.00 then two weeks later I got another bill for 137.70 to be paid by Nov. 1 but Oct. 28 was considered the first. Because Oct 1, I paid 207.00 then after getting many calls for the 137 I asked for an arrangement to pay Dec. 3 but was told I could only get to Nov. 30 because their computer would not let them go to the 3rd. So today they suspended my service for 137.00 and the new bill came out making it a total of 299.00.

Upset I used another phone to ask them to stop harassing me every 39 mins and told them to cancel the rest of my contact because as of Friday I will be adding them to my bankruptcy because of all their hidden fees and prorating. I advise buyer beware because they also has DIRECTV and will try to bundled both without your knowledge. To hell with AT&T ripoff kingdom. Your bill starts at 99.00 a month and before you know it, it's 200 to 400 every 15 days not 30. Customer service know that their jobs are in the trash if they try to help you. So they do their job to get bigger bonuses. STAY AWAY FROM AT&T if you value your credit and money.

I have been a customer with AT&T since they were Southwester Bell (almost 25 years). Today's business is strictly about QUANTITY not QUALITY. I called a Houston store (Spring, Texas) 11/25/16 and a young lady by the name of Jackie answered the phone. I asked Jackie if AT&T had any Black Friday deals on IPads. Jackie said to me, "Yes we do, please come in and see me." I asked Jackie what was the special on the IPads. Jackie went on to explain to me they indeed had a special on the IPads for $49.99 and the data plan would be $10 per month. I asked her to please repeat herself because it sounded to good to be true.

Jackie said, "No ma'am, there are no hidden fees or anything, the IPad is $49.99 and data is $10 per month, we've had a lot of customers to call and they thought the same thing but it is indeed $49.99, nothing else to it. You can come in and ask for me or Brian. We are both assistant managers and either of us can help you". I told Jackie, "Okay, I am 15 minutes away. I will be there shortly." I made it to the store in 15 minutes as promised. I walked in the door and asked for the wrong person but a sales rep corrected me. Sales rep said he will get Jackie for me. Jackie approached me, introduced herself and thanked me for coming in the store on that day. Jackie explained to me that she was with another customer at the moment and would have someone else to help me if it was okay with me. I told Jackie that would be fine. I forgot the sales rep name that agreed to help me (very nice gentleman). I told him why I wanted the device etc.

The rep asked for my drivers license as well as my pass code to get into my account and we carried on. The rep then asked me how long had I had my IPhone. I asked him what IPhone. The rep said "well in order for you to get the IPad at the promotion you would have had to upgrade to an IPhone." I told her no one explained that me and there must be a mistake. Rep said, "No, that is the promotion." I told him to please contact Jackie because that was never explained to me. Rep said he needed to speak with management and come back to me. I waited at this point (a total of about 25 mins) being in the store total.

A gentleman by the name of "Edward **" approached me and said he was the manager and he is not sure why Jackie told me that but I need to purchase a phone in order for me to get the promotion. I told Edward "no". Jackie did not tell me that and I wanted to talk to her. Edward told me Jackie was gone on break, he would speak with her but that is incorrect and there is NOTHING he could do for me. Then Edward went on to tell me he HEARD JACKIE ON THE PHONE telling me about the IPad. He said he heard our whole conversation. I asked him WHY didn't he stop her if she was giving me incorrect information. Edward said, "Well it wasn't quite incorrect, she just left out some parts". Again I said to him, "WHY DIDN'T YOU CORRECT HER"? He said, "Well, I don't know." UNACCEPTABLE!

I asked him for customer service telephone#. He wrote it down on a card as well as his name and I left the store VERY UPSET. I called customer service immediately. I asked for a manager b/c I didn't want to repeat myself. The gentleman on the phone sounded very concerned. At this point I was beyond hurt and began to cry. The gentleman said he wanted to help me. He placed me on hold and came back to the phone and offered me some other name brand tablet. I told him, "No, that is not what I was looking for." I wanted what I went to the store with on my mind. I told him I wasn't going to make any drastic decisions while I was so upset. The rep agreed said he would notate my account just in case I change my mind everything would be in the system.

I went to the Woodlands store location and expressed my concerns and disappointment to a rep (Justin) at that location. I asked Justin to please look into my account that the customer service rep put in my account. Justin searched and searched and said he did not see any notes. I told him, "This is a joke!" He must be kidding. Justin told me to look for myself "nothing" there. I called customer service and spoke and asked the rep (Latorious **) to please review my account that a previous rep notated in my account. Latorious told me there weren't any notes.

I told Latorious what all I been through in a day's time with AT&T. Latorious spoke with her supervisor and the supervisor agreed to honor the offer. Latorious and I stayed on the phone another 15-20 mins just to verify my information, take my payment of $54.11 and confirm my mailing address etc. Latorious told me she was going to expedite my shipping and my IPad should be to me on Mon, no later than Tuesday. I called AT&T once my IPad did not make it on Monday just to f/u. The rep said she found my order (ORDER# **) and the due date is 11.29.2016. The rep also sent me the confirmation text to my cell phone. I made it home yesterday evening with anticipation of receiving my package (STILL NOT IPAD).

I called AT&T, and stayed on the phone with a rep for 1hr constantly being placed back and forth on hold (he was looking my order up with a manager to see what happened). The gentleman said, "I see where one system said you accepted the terms and agreements and another system said, you did not." I told him, "Yes indeed I did accept the terms and conditions." The gentleman asked if he could place me on hold to speak with SOMEONE ELSE! I told him this was wayyy too much to deal with. He said, "I understand but this next rep is who you need to speak with to help you." I was placed on hold AGAIN! The next rep came to the phone. I had to re-verify my pass code and give her my info. The rep (Rachel) in California was NOT PLEASANT AT ALL. Told me my she will be shipping my order out tomorrow (Wednesday 11.30.16). I told Rachel she is kidding me!!!

Rachel said, "I am trying to fix the problem for you ma'am, this is all that I can do at this point!" No rhyme or reason as to why my IPad was not shipped. I asked her why couldn't I go into a store for all of the inconvenience and get an IPad. She said because the store and customer service are different. But it was really funny. The STORE took my money for a payment with no problems! My total time on the phone with Rachel and the other rep (1hr 7 mins and 43 seconds) AND STILL NO IPAD!!! This is not including the time wasted initially in the Spring location store, nor on the phone with rep, and his notes went who knows where.

This is the quality of service that AT&T gives their customers. REALLY? I called the Spring location again to speak with Edward (mgr) and was told he is not in and he will no longer be the manager there. The new manager will be John **. That still does not fix my problem. The IPad was a gift for my boyfriend who's birthday was on Sunday, Nov. 27th. I gave him NOTHING because I had high expectations on giving him the IPad I thought I was going to purchase on Saturday. Reading all of the complaints on AT&T I see this is the "norm" for you all! I am so disappointed with AT&T and their services. BEYOND WORDS DISAPPOINTED!

I have been a loyal AT&T customer since they were Bell South. I have had home phone service with them since the 80's and wireless from day one. I also have/had combined billing and now that I want to do an early upgrade on the AT&T Next program, combined billing is the reason that it cannot be done. First I called customer service. After being left on hold eternally, I call back and I am told that due to my combined billing I would need to go into the store for the upgrade. I went to the store; I am told that only customer service can process the upgrade due to combined billing. I let the in store rep know what I was told and he calls customer service and while on hold (yes they put their fellow coworker on hold) he discovered that I have both unified and combined billing. After wasting 2 hours of my workday at the store, the rep tells me that I need to call customer service again and have the bill uncombined.

All this, just to utilize the advertised feature of Next, which is the option to pay to upgrade. 2 days later still not able to upgrade due to combined billing and with each rep that I speak with I get different information. One stated that she could process the order once the balance, although not past due yet, is paid. The next one told me to call back Friday because he cannot do anything. I have had my Samsung S7 Edge since July and simply want to go back to the iPhone and I am being treated like a criminal as if I will not pay for it. This is absurd and if this is how loyal customers are treated, I am no longer interested in being one.

I was told to return my equipment to UPS store after completion of my service. I did not have the option of returning it to AT&T store. I did that on 8/25/2016. I then began to receive bill that I owed for unreturned equipment. I went into UPS for a duplicate receipt because I had misplaced the original one. I was told that AT&T have their own system within the UPS system which AT&T updated recently and UPS can no longer view past transactions after the end of business day, that AT&T clears their system internally from their end daily.

She even turned her monitor to allow me to view, she put my account # into the AT&T screen of UPS and it came up blank as if I never returned any merchandise. She said AT&T should be able however to access it from their end, since they took this capability from UPS. Well AT&T gave me the runaround of being on the phone explaining over and over each time I called. They did an "escalation" which came back with nothing. So between AT&T and the company that they are contracted with for return equipment and that I am forced to leave the equipment with, it just disappeared.

This has scam written all over it. Well yesterday 11/29/2016 I get a call from a collection company on behalf of AT&T for $500+. Guess what AT&T and whomever is reading, I found my receipt??? WHAT! They have one less victim now! They said that nothing else could be done but there has to be a way to trace this equipment. It has serial numbers... I asked what is the next level and they said that was it! Scam, scam, scam! All at the customer expense! RIPOFF COMPANY!

AT&T is the worst company! Not only do they overcharge you but lie to you to lock you in contracts. Disconnect your services after a payment arrangements have been made. Dishonest money stealing company! I have horrible service. I would change services if I was not lied to sign a contract for 5 lines. Just might have to get an attorney.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Got the postcard offering 650 per line and also other incentives to go to DirecTV. Did both. AT&T associates valued my phones, in writing, and I just got a postcard back from AT&T stating that "Regrettably, we (AT&T) are unable to complete your rebate submission as it appears you do not qualify... Our records indicate the value of your trade-in device did not meet the $5.00 requirement." What the hell. 2 each, 1 year old HTC M7's and a 1 year old Apple I-6 that were pre-evaluated and given values well above 5.00 before we sent them in. Who are they thinking they are fooling?

I will be very loud and in the customer service LOOP tomorrow letting them and everyone else on this planet know how I just got ROBBED. As it stands this very moment, I am PERSONALLY OUT $1368.00 for 3 ported phone lines and now have 3 brand new phones that will end up costing me another 1200.00 in monthly payments. WHAT A SCAM. To say I am disappointed and upset is an understatement. I never expected AT&T had become a thieving, lying, cheap, and scummy company. Their support team better prove me wrong tomorrow.

Under the agreement in Feb. 2016 that if I purchased an LG10 phone, I would get the 2nd for free. This has not been the case. To appease us they provided us with some credits which AT&T altered the contract many months after my purchase. This is a deliberate act of deceiving us and would not allow us to cease the contract due to their negligence. They will not even provide me with the copy of the contract because they are not able to go back 9 months into their program. We have been AT&T customers for decades... Now apparently they are going downhill. Also own many shares of their stock and I feel so disheartened with their contracts, representatives etc. that I feel I do not want to even be a shareholder in their corrupt wireless business. It's appalling.

I have requested many times for unlocking my phone which I already own from AT&T. I called many times and they said you still under contract. The Representative is really poor and not giving me details to proceed further. I really hate AT&T.

First time I called on July 15th to cancel my service. I informed representative that equipment has been shipped. I called on July 29th and confirmed that you received equipment, which you did. I provided my new address for final bill. Since that, I started to receive invoices like I never cancel my service. I made 6 more calls, investing a lot of my personal time, trying to fix problem. Every time I called, investing 30-45 minutes on the phone, representative reassured me that problem has been fix and my final invoice of $56.00 will be mailed. Today is Nov. 28 and I am handling this matter again with new invoice of $323.76. Please explain me what can I do to cancel the service (will never use this company again) and receive my final invoice of $56.00?

I've been a customer of AT&T wireless since it started in 1997 and when went in to get daughter new phone because hers was stolen no upgrades and insurance wouldn't cover it! Do they even care? I've never left since 1997 and now have 4 lines and 4 iPads on my acct? I'm looking for a better fit. Any recommendations are helpful!

Terrible company. I have spent 4 hours in the last 3 days being transferred to different people to resolve our problem. Their call center is in Asia so they are getting the most inexpensive employees possible while charging their US clients outrageous fees. One department doesn't know what the other call center is doing. We have been customers for over 5 years. For 3 days we have no landline phone, internet or TV service, and we pay over $2,000 a year. Also would like to mention that every 3-6 months our bill is increased and then I have to call them to get it lowered. Very time consuming. This is a sleazy company to say the least... I strongly urge you to choose another provider. We are switching to XFinity. Hopefully they are better.

In April 2016, I received an unsolicited call from an AT&T wireless representative offering me incentives to switch my cell phone account from Verizon to AT&T. The offer over the phone included $650 in incentives including $300 just to switch, payment of up to $200 for early termination fees from Verizon and $150 to turn in my used Verizon iPhone. I accepted the offer and placed an order for a new AT&T phone. I made the mistake of assuming that the $650 incentives would be a simple process. It has been a nightmare since that time trying to get AT&T to honor the agreement they made over the phone. To sum it up briefly, they claim to have never received the old Verizon phone that I mailed to them using a box and label that they sent to me. They wrongly claimed I never sent them my final Verizon bill as yet another excuse for denying my reward incentive. I sent them a second copy of the final bill hoping to finally end the matter.

Now it is 7 months since this ordeal began. Yesterday I phoned AT&T Customer Care (Customer - we don't care should be the name) and asked to speak to a supervisor after getting the runaround yet again. They asked me to prove I had mailed the old phone to them. Of course I had no proof, only because I had followed their instructions and used their prepaid box and label to send it in. I insisted that I had mailed the old phone in and that it was probably lying in some AT&T warehouse never to be seen again. I asked them to just credit my account for $300 to settle the dispute but instead they assigned an "investigation" number to me saying they would investigate my claim.

To date the investigation has proven nothing. It is just another ploy by AT&T to avoid my claim and to break the promises made by their representative. For the record, AT&T turns over rebate processing to a third party, and I am convinced that the third party company benefits by denying claims and holding rewards until customers just finally give up out of frustration. If you get a call from AT&T offering you incentives to switch, I recommend you DO NOT DO IT!

I had never thought that I would be unhappy with AT&T until now... I am on the AT&T next plan and I have had to send my phone back 3 times. I asked them nicely if I can just get a different phone because I am not paying over 700.00 for a phone for nothing. All they could tell me was they could switch my phone to a older version of what I have. I guess I am going to have to switch providers since they don't care about their customers.

I currently have AT&T internet services and DirecTV. I was T-Mobile wireless customer, switched to Sprint but had connectivity issues so I went to the AT&T store at the Wellington Mall last Sunday. I got a quote, which included a free phone because I am a DirecTV customer. Two lines with unlimited internet, insurance on both phones, taxes, and 17% discount because I am a government worker. The total on the quite was $187 a month. So I said ok, because I was ok with this pricing. During the conversation I asked if AT&T would pick up my T-Mobile cancellation bill, and the representative said he could try but was not sure if it was going to go thru.

Based on the pricing I was provided with and also with the promise that I would receive a Ipad mini for free per line, I decided to switch. Today, 7 days with the service, I called customer care to check the pricing, and I almost passed out when I learned that my bill was over $400. I got slammed with over $150 dollars in activation fees. I was never informed that the Ipads had a $45 dollar activation fee per unit. I did know of the phones but I was told I was not paying activation fees because I worked for the government. I went back to the store to return the Ipads, and now they want to charge me a $45 restocking fee to return the devices.

This is ridiculous, absurd, and makes no sense. If you sell misleading and not disclosing all the fees, you cannot charge a restocking fee. In addition, I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they say they can't do anything because it is a retailer. Bologni. This shows one more time that AT&T is a ripoff and unethical the way they do business. Rude, and incompetent people. I will sure be getting rid of internet and Tv services. Don't want to see AT&T in my house, and don't want to give them my business. They are thugs.

I am very unhappy with AT&T. Their billing department really needs to get it together. I have been cancelled with them for 3 months now and they keep sending me a bill. I have called them several times and they said the final bill was for some balance that I owed DirecTV. The last time I was on the phone with them, they transferred me to DirecTV. I talked to DirecTV and they said I don't owe anything, so I think AT&T was trying to get me off the phone and not deal with problem. They will not resolve my problem with several attempts. They also turned me into collections. I am very upset and I would not recommend this worthless company to anyone.

I bought an LG5 phone from AT&T in July 2016. The power button quit working in October 2016. It was still in warranty so they sent me another one and yesterday November 18 2016 it keeps popping up power off, restart or airplane mode. Can't even get this typed up because it pops up. Very aggravating.

I am highly displeased with AT&T Wireless. My family and I have been with AT&T Wireless for years but over time their service has become terrible. My internet speeds have slowed considerably and signal strength has decreased, and I live in the Dallas metroplex!! In addition every Android phone I have owned AT&T Wireless has messed with. What I mean by this, is they remove features that draw me to the phones in the first place. Latest example is the Galaxy S7 Edge from Samsung in which AT&T removed two key features, the downloader boost and the process manager that Samsung added to help manage RAM and battery consumption.

In addition to the removal of these features, they added their bloatware that no one uses or wants and changed the Settings app to be this weird tabbed settings compared to Samsung's vertical settings menu that makes so much sense. Every other carrier left those two features that AT&T Wireless removed and in addition all other carriers don't screw with the looks that Samsung releases. On some carriers the user had the choice to have the tabbed settings or the standard but with AT&T that is not the case.

Next complaint is that AT&T is always the slowest and laziest to roll out Android updates. It's like they ignore and could care less about their customers. Currently the Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is in beta and all primary US carriers have allowed their customers to participate EXCEPT AT&T once again. AT&T has repeatedly fell behind by about 3 months on Android updates compared to other carriers. This update will likely not change from the past, they will probably release 3 months late once again. In today's times these updates are important and customers care about them a lot, but AT&T does not. I don't even bother with their customer support anymore because it is so scripted and useless.

But another reason you can see that AT&T Wireless does not care about their employees is in the current release on RCS from carriers. AT&T has released RCS for their customers, but it only works with other customers who have AT&T. Whereas, Sprint partnered with Google to help push universal RCS so that all Android users can take advantage of the RCS features despite the users carrier, and Verizon and T-Mobile both have signed on to try and release universal RCS for their networks as well, but the only silent one, once again is AT&T. My years with AT&T Wireless have gone south and have been less than enjoyable. They seem to care less about their customers and only care about money and their own products and keeping their own services private.

I wish AT&T would start listening to their customers, work with other companies to provide what is best for the mass consumers, and start updating quicker. I think this would help draw customers as opposed to losing them. There is a reason T-Mobile is growing so fast and so many around me rave about T-Mobile and how much they love it. I always see the things they do for their customers such as releasing updates in a timely manner and random promotions. All in all AT&T wireless has fallen in customer service and continues to fall. I cannot wait to leave.

I have DSL & home phone line. I don't want the home line service but apparently that's a bundle deal and it's cheaper that way, but I've also been told that it's cheaper taking that option off. Ever since I've started AT&T, they have tried to overcharge me every month. I get this fixed to pay HALF of what I'm being charge. Note that I'm on the phone for about 2 hours each time. No one seems to have their story straight why I'm being charged more. Every story is different. But seem to get it taken care of right away on chat service. I have proof of the conversations that my bill will stay at the price it should stay at.

On the phone I have been transferred to many different departments and different callers. I'm tired of paying too much and them not following through with the correct price! I've been told the price should never change. **. Every person I talk to doesn't care. ALL I'm trying to do is pay what I'm supposed to pay and can't do that! If I could get Fidelity where I live, I would switch in a heartbeat!

I'm AT&T customer for last 12 years for my cell phones. Have 5 lines and never had any problems till one day a package showed up by my front door with att modem in. I never requested an Internet service from them (have comcast). A few days later I received a bill for Internet service which wasn't even active. So I called to find out what is going on and I was told that I order a new service from att. Wrong! Never did and never will. Their Internet sucks. When I explained a one of the representative told me everything would be cancel and I have to return the equipment back, which what I did.

Few months later I received a letter from collection stating I have a balance for not returning modem. So I called again with the tracking # from my dropoff package receipt and ask to delete those charges. The representative who couldn't even speak English properly was extremely rude, ignorant and basically told me I should of return the equipment sooner and can not do nothing for me and doesn't matter that my acct was open up without my knowledge. He treated me like a garbage (just the reminder I'm customer with his company for past 12 years). This douchebag ID *. He should be fire on spot for treating customers that way.

At first, At&t was not all that bad. I had unlimited everything and my bill wasn't that high. After a couple months passed, the bills kept getting higher and higher which I was confused about because I didn't do anything or add anything onto my bill... Then I found out that they kicked me off of the unlimited plan because I didn't' have DirecTV! So I needed to have DirecTV to keep the unlimited plan which I had for at least 4-5 months!! So I had to changed plans of course, so I had the 10GB plan and was paying $114 a month, still a lot, but not that much... I had that plan for not even a month, and somehow they charged me $500 for nothing and suspended my phone!!! They are not a loyal phone company and many people that I have discussed to about all this, said they did the same to many other people.

AT&T has been a problem for me on many occasions on my DirecTV account. I went to DirecTV to get away from them and now they are buying Time Warner. Most recent problem is they solicited me by phone and offered me Cinemax and Starz for an additional $13 a month and confirmed no other charges as long as I subscribed for 3 months. I get my first new bill and there is all kinds of charges amounting to an additional $43. They deceived me and lied to me. They are as dishonest as it gets. They were pleasant on the phone but they would not be reasonable to remove the extra $30 they stole from me. If we, the public allow them to steal from us they become more crooked and more powerful. I intend to make a hobby of telling how awful and dishonest they are.

They charged me an "advanced receiver service" for $25. I asked why and she said it was already part of my prior bills. I said I had been paying $32.48 for over a year and now I add a supposed $13 for extra channels and this gets added to my bill. They did not inform me of this charge. I have trouble interpreting the bill but it is obviously not $13 more as was what they solicited. If they rip me off of $40 on an occasion and the do it to 40 million Americans every three months nets them an additional $480 million dollars a year in dishonest money. Imagine what they will do when they own Time Warner.

Starting during purchase of mobile AT&T confirmed the order and I was alternatively chatting to customer service person, still it was canceled. Then I went to store and submitted everything they want. Still they kept my order on hold and called me again to submit the proof 'til then I lost interest because I came from T-mobile to AT&T. That is the big mistake I did. Moreover porting was not done correctly. I was have 2 signals with same number. When I call to T-mobile customer care they say AT&T didn't send request correctly.

When I call AT&T customer care they say they ported as a customer what should I do whom I need to believe. As I am the student during purchase they told activation charges are waived but when I started using my mobile from the end of Oct I was been charged 167.35$ from Oct 29-Nov 14. They say I need pay in advance. They say it's because everything. What you expect? If I get a chance to leave AT&T I am ready right away. During purchase they told I will be charged around 96$ if it's 167.35$.

If I ask AT&T they say it's been charged for previous month and this month. If I pay like this every month, then it is more than the mobile I am paying for, just network every month. Coming to customer care, some are trained and some lead in the wrong direction and some cut the line in the middle and I need to wait again in the cue. As a student how? I need pay my bills like this.

I called, attached DirecTV to pay my internet bill. After explaining to the representative that we canceled DirecTV, and only wanted to pay internet, she told me that's ok, took my payment, told me to pay the DirecTV portion when I could. Today 11-17-16 they canceled my internet. When I called to ask why since it was paid day before, I got transferred 10 times to be told, "sorry we combined your bill so you have to pay all or we canceled everything." So I ask for supervisor. Spoke to 2 to inform them I never asked for combined billing. And the fact when I paid for internet I was told I was good and no need to pay the rest yet.

Needless to say I have no internet, because can't afford the $154 more they want right now. So I paid internet for nothing. Even telling them I would get a lawyer and sue, did nothing. Bottom line AT&T is a joke, piss poor company. Worst customer service ever. Do yourself a favor. Go somewhere else. Now I have to explain to 4 kids why they can't do anything online. :( Wish they would of worked something out try and save a customer, but instead they rather say "sorry can't help you."

I received an AT&T flyer in my mail, offering me a $30/month for wireless service. I called the customer care services and they told me that for 6 mbps the cost will be $30/month with no extra charges. I could even bundle it up with my go-phone (prepaid phone) and pay $20/month for the internet. I was initially paying $55/month to another company, so I decided to change companies due to the price difference.

I canceled my old wireless service and installed AT&T. When I surfed through my new AT&T account, I found that the billing amount was higher. I called customer service and asked, and they informed me about the additional "equipment fee" of $10 every month. They also said that prepaid phones cannot be bundled with the wireless service. So instead of $20 that was promised earlier, I have to pay $40/month. The agent that I talked to before the installment was dishonest about the cost and was misleading. Even though $40/month is not a bad price, I am frustrated by the extra costs that were not revealed to me before making a contract with AT&T. I feel that the agent lied about the cost in order to make me a customer.

Yesterday, I had the misfortune of dropping my iPhone 6 in water. After being on the phone with their inept customer service/support team for over 3 hours, I was finally given the option I could work with, but it came at a price of not having a phone for 7 days. Today, I called my phone number from a landline in order to get my voice mail. It asked me for a passcode. I was never given one or set one up. If I did, it was 7 years ago when I got the first iPhone.

I called customer service and verified every piece of information they have on me in order to access my account. They told me that the password would have to be reset. The problem being that they can only send me a new passcode to the device associated with the phone number. It makes no difference to them that the phone does not work anymore, but that is the only way they can do it. They couldn't send me the code to the other phone on my plan or to my email address that they had me verify in order to even speak with them.

After the first customer service rep wasn't able to help me, I asked for a supervisor. She refused me a supervisor over 6 times. I had to keep asking her for a supervisor until she finally put me on hold. After speaking to 3 different supervisor, I spoke to a supervisor that would not help me, was a rude jerk and sounded like he couldn't be bothered. The reason I am stating a complaint is because I have been an AT&T mobile customer for over 10 years and they were not able to help me out with the simple task of retrieving voice mail. They didn't even sound like they wanted to help. I am considering other companies to take my business to.

I would not recommend using AT&T for any of their services due to their HORRIBLE and INEPT customer service "team". They wouldn't even expedite shipping for me. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes with them. The only thing that I got out of this experience is that CUSTOMER LOYALTY DOES NOT EXIST WITH AT&T. THEY WILL NOT GO THE EXTRA MILE TO HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

Horrified by the treatment we've received from the many people AT&T and Uverse we've dealt with since August of this year. No one can explain our billing, no one can answer simple questions - hours upon hours on the phone, transferred to multiple departments, FCC complaints and still - no resolution. Shameful. Stephanie ** from their "executive offices" should be retrained and monitored when dealing with upset customers. She's hung up on us numerous times, become condescending, combative, argumentative and defensive instead of assisting us and working out our issues.

Seveene ** has been completely unresponsive and passed our concerns off to a specialist (Ms. ** who has been horrifyingly disgusting to deal with). After multiple hours on the phone with too many customer service representatives to count, we are now without service for 15 days and counting. We've paid over $450, finally received credits owed, but still - they refuse to turn our service back on. Our monthly bill consistently goes up with no explanation, when we ask (repeatedly) for explanation the response is "this is what your bill is." I am thoroughly disgusted with the treatment and lack of professionalism displayed by the many people we've dealt with.

If I could give them a 0 stars I would. Poorest customer service ever, employees say anything, omit details, lie about charges, corp just tries to justify the employees at store, has no idea of what the day to day operation are IN THEIR STORES. Can't get any help, no ONE CARES ABOUT YOU from AT&T. Go to another carrier. AT&T is a very bad company to do business with. They don't care what an employee says or does to get you and to your account. They will access your account to try and fix what they messed up without your permission. Very deceptive and NON transparent in the shady business tactics used by their CSR reps and from the helpline. You will spend 100's of hours on hold and get nowhere. THEY ARE THE WORST. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Why AT&T is still in the business!?! Whoever is looking for wireless services, PLEASE, STAY AWAY FROM AT&T. It seems to me that I am dealing with mentally ill people in the customer service department. The company cannot provide wireless service in the most places and they do not want to cooperate with their customer. Lets help them to go out of business! Spread the info to your friends who are looking for wireless service. An hour I spent on the phone talking to the customer service and they were transferring me to the different departments: Loyalty, Technical support and then I was disconnected at all. I tried to solve an issue for 7 month already and no help!!!

I have been with AT&T for over a year. I have gone with the GoPhone plan for unlimited talk and text but LIMITED data. They have no unlimited data options and this is my issue. Once your "high speed data runs out" they say your speed will "reduce significantly" but they should say it will not work at all. And yes, I have troubleshooted with them. It's just how the data is. So, I figured going with a contract unlimited data plan would be best for me. So, I contacted them to get information on the different contract plans and details regarding it. When I called, my call was re-routed 15 times. Each person say they were transferring me to a person that could help. Mind you, I had to give my information to each individual AND tell the story of my issue. Ten. Different. Times. I even had one lady GIVE me the "correct" number to call for my pending questions. I called the number. It was just AT&T's regular number. Same automated machine.

I was to the point of tears frustrated with them. It felt like they were playing games with me. It felt like a joke. And it didn't end. I had to end that cycle. The very last lady said the usual "unfortunately, I do not have the information on contract plans, let me transfer you to the correct department" and finally I said that it would NOT be the correct department and I had to hang up. Also, I attempted to get the corporate number from Google which says they are located in Dallas, TX but upon calling, received THE SAME AUTOMATED AT&T MESSAGING. So, the corporate number re-routes you to regular AT&T customer care so you cannot contact them either. This is a joke. My questions have STILL not been answered by the way. Anyone with AT&T, may God help your soul.

After 18 yrs (yes I said 18 yrs!) I left this provider for no other reason than PISS POOR HORRIBLE customer service! Their reps are nothing more than kids who don't give a crap about customer loyalty. They hang up on you which prompts you to call back sometimes multiple times, they transfer you to wrong depts and calls get dropped... The right hand has NO IDEA what the left hand is doing. Their customer service is absolutely the worst I've ever encountered and I can't believe they're allowed to treat customers so badly.

Then a month after I terminated my service (my contract was over) they sent me a bill for $878 for a Samsung Note 7 I'd previously ordered (they were recalled by Samsung). I couldn't believe it! Billing was resolved 2 months later. Now I could go into a long drawn out frustrating story but bottom line is they lost a loyal customer of 18 yrs and that should speak volumes to anyone considering this company. I'm paying a bit more with my new carrier but the customer service is outstanding and my blood pressure has dropped.

Compare Prepaid Phones