Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5

AT&T Wireless is the cellular branch of AT&T services. The company offers a variety of plan options to suit every customer's needs. Choices include unlimited text, talk and data plans, shared data plans and prepaid options. Customers can get a new phone from AT&T when they purchase a plan or continue using their current one.

BOTTOM LINE

AT&T Wireless offers cell phone plans with unlimited talk, text and data and mobile sharing plans. No-commitment prepaid plans are also available. AT&T isn’t the cheapest wireless company, but it’s a good option.

PROS

• Several plan options
  • Includes streaming services
  • Wide range of coverage

CONS

• Low limits before data throttling
  • Not the cheapest plans

Top AT&T Wireless Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

AT&T has always given me the best rate. I have been using them for over 12 years. I remember when I had my new iPhone… and the screen broke within a month. AT&T was so kind to give me a credit to purchase a new one…They have always been there for me, and I will always be their devoted customer.

I have had AT&T phone service for about 12 years and I have been very pleased with my service. I haven't had any problem so far and so I would highly recommend AT&T… I plan to stay with AT&T as long as the service I'm receiving continues to be great with no issues.

AT&T Wireless Compare Offers

What is AT&T Wireless?

AT&T Wireless offers a wide variety of plans for customers to choose from. These include both mobile share and unlimited plans. Each plan is available for one to four phone lines.

The company’s mobile share plans include:

• AT&T Mobile Share Plus 3GB comes with unlimited talk and text, 3 GB of data, standard-definition streaming, a mobile hotspot, rollover data and talk, text and data for Mexico.
    • AT&T Mobile Share Plus 9GB has a larger package with unlimited talk and text with 9 GB of data. It also includes standard-definition streaming, a mobile hotspot, rollover data and talk, text and data for Mexico.

AT&T Wireless’ unlimited plans are:

• AT&T Unlimited Starter comes with unlimited talk, text and data, standard-definition streaming, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.
    • AT&T Unlimited Extra includes unlimited talk, text, data and 60 GB of premium data, standard-definition streaming, 15 GB of mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.
    • AT&T Unlimited Elite has unlimited talk, text, data and 100 GB of premium data, high-definition streaming, 30 GB of mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, HBO Max, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.

AT&T is also easily accessible and has more than 5,500 stores in the U.S. The company provides good international perks — select plans have unlimited texting to more than 190 countries, picture and video messaging to 120 countries and unlimited talk, text and data in Mexico and Canada. Reasonably priced add-ons are also available for other plans.

If you’re interested in streaming with unlimited plans, it’s important to note that only the Elite plan offers high-definition streams. The Starter and Extra plans only include standard-definition streaming. AT&T customers should also be aware of the company’s policy on slowing data during busy periods.

AT&T Wireless prices

AT&T is most cost-friendly for families because the cost of each line goes down as you add phones. It also offers several discount opportunities for customers. Some businesses, schools or organizations take part in the AT&T Signature Program. Eligible customers can get discounts through participating companies. Discounts are also available for:

• Teachers
    • Nurses
    • Physicians
    • Military
    • First responders

Plan prices vary depending on the number of lines you have.

• Mobile share 3GB plan: $50 to $120 per month
    • Mobile share 9GB plan: $60 to $140 per month
    • Unlimited Starter plan: $65 to $140 per month
    • Unlimited Extra plan: $75 to $160 per month
    • Elite plan: $85 to $200 per month

AT&T Wireless FAQ

How do I find my AT&T Wireless number?
    You can go to your myAT&T profile and check your contact info. Click on the “Phone” tab. Your AT&T Wireless number is listed there.
    How do I access my AT&T Wireless account?
    To access your AT&T Wireless account, you first have to create a User ID and password. Once you’ve done that, you can sign in and access your AT&T Wireless account.
    Who owns AT&T Wireless?
    AT&T Inc. owns AT&T Wireless.
    Can you bundle AT&T Wireless and internet?
    AT&T offers bundles for wireless and internet. Purchasing a bundle gets customers perks and helps save money.
    How do I pay my AT&T Wireless bill?
    AT&T Wireless offers several ways for customers to pay their bills. This includes by phone, online using the website or mobile app, in-person or automatically with a credit card.

Is AT&T Wireless good?

AT&T Wireless is one of the biggest names in American cell phone providers. There are a variety of options for customers looking for cell phone plans, and customers can get unlimited or mobile share packages for up to four phones. It’s always worth checking reviews to see if a cellphone provider has good coverage in your area, but AT&T is a good option for those looking for wireless phone service.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

Original review: April 10, 2020

I have great service. I used to have another provider but I used to lose signal all the time and it wasn't cheap. So now with my provider I have service and haven't have any issues on signal or anything. Plus I get my devices and on a way that I can afford to pay. Am happy with it maybe a little annoying with you call for service. That's why I normally go to the store always get the help I need so that is a plus. Thank you.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Very satisfied with ATT and my experience as a newer user. I like the simplicity and generous offer for unlimited data, calls and texts for one low price and no hidden fees. If I have ever had any questions, Customer Care is always willing and able to assist me immediately. I am thanked for my business and made to feel appreciated as their customer. Never any dropped calls or clarity issues that I have had with past carriers. Decent selection of phones for both prepaid and post paid accounts. I was unsure of switching to a prepaid service provider however it has been a seamless process and I see no difference in post paid versus pre paid.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I like that AT&T has great coverage, good international roaming and quality customer service. I don’t like that the plans aren’t more flexible. In the long run it’s cheaper for us to go unlimited on everything even though it is not needed on many of our devices. If my small business would benefit from this I’m positive others would as well. We understand that they need to make a profit, but customer loyalty goes a long way. If a better deal ever becomes available we would jump ship in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Coverage and speed is very good. I could only get my last Samsung active in black. That was a disappointment. The selection of models of phones is very good. Most of their selection of phones are the more expensive, top of the line models. I really enjoy all the features for blocking spam and phishing. I do wish the e-mail to text had a spam filter. I very much use the e-mail to text feature for alerts from my home network and I am glad to have it. ATT phones are very open for apps. Other vendors will not allow OpenVPN on their phones, but ATT does not mind. I will renew with ATT when my current contract comes up.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I like AT&T because of service is most everywhere in the USA and in Mexico as well and that's very important to me because I travel a lot between this two countries. I got friends that travel quite a bit to South America and also have AT&T as their carrier and they are happy they can always call home with no problem. The downside is that AT&T is quite a bit expensive than T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. I’m hoping that with technology as advance is nowadays there will be someone else besides AT&T to give the same broader service and be less expensive.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Switched to AT&T late this August in response to the BYOD program advertising a $250 Visa Rewards Card per eligible line. My lines were deemed as eligible and I was looking forward to my promotional cards coming as a new customer. However, I never received any communication, notification, text, or alert to bring my attention to any kind of process to claim my reward. Have spent over six hours on the phone, conversing with customer care, rewards, retail support, and online chat, totaling about 20 AT&T representatives. Many times I found myself speaking with customer care, only to find out that I needed to talk to rewards, then I would be speaking with rewards, only to find out that I needed to talk to customer care. Not one person was able to assist me with how to claim my reward.

I was notified by five representatives that I am eligible for the $250 Visa Reward Cards, however, I am refused the issuing of the reward because they stated that I am now outside of their window. This window was never communicated to me, and confusing to me as a customer since the promotion I am being denied is still a current promotion running on their site. The representatives and supervisors simply could not and do not want to understand how I was not notified. Also, not any department wants to assist with issuing me the reward.

My experience with AT&T leads me to believe that the BYOD program is a gimmick and a scam meant to lure people over to their company with no intention of honoring their end of the promotional agreement. Please report this link as a scam: https://www.att.com/wireless/byod/ and alert other people to avoid signing up for AT&T. Also, how can a company with an average review of one star have a rating of A+ from BBB? I think it's time customer input has an effect on the rating of big business. At this point, I think AT&T not only needs to issue the Visa rewards gift card for each of the lines but also a statement credit as a consolation for their customer care and rewards departments failing to assist the request of their customers.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Charged our credit card without authorization ($1516, 2 days before Christmas) - spent 7 hours on phone with them to find out why. Canceled and returned phones - now over 3 weeks later still no refund.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

AT&T is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Their phone system only works by voice not by pressing buttons, so if you are sick and can't talk the system hangs up on you! It doesn't even give you the choice of pressing the buttons, like most other systems do. That is just outrageous! Also, I have had nothing but trouble with them ever since I tried to cancel my service almost 3 months ago. They charged me three times after canceling my service and I had to call each time to get a refund and reiterate that I wanted the service cancelled and now for the fourth time they are charging me again. This is undoubtedly the worst customer service I have ever had with any company. I would advise anyone thinking of getting AT&T service of any kind to think again and get anyone else!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

2 Business lines stolen for 3 days. BUSINESS LINES. Att finally answer phones, told to call back 2-4 hrs 2 times, then 1-3 hrs, then told FRAUD dept is closed... Had to get a police report. Transfer to wrong depts. Disconnect calls. They didn't take care of me. $15,000 money stolen from this illegal port of my lines and loss of business for 3 days... They offered me a insulting $10 credit for being out of service for 3 days on work lines... Basically you have to keep calling to get anything done. I mean calling for a few days until you get someone to care and not pass you off.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

AT&T does not even deserve 1 star. I moved to the country and unfortunately AT&T was the only carrier that provided service in my area. The phone I wanted had to be mailed to me. I received not one but two incorrect phones. After an hour or so phone call (no call with AT&T will EVER be under an hour) they agreed to send the correct phone. I mailed them back the 2 incorrect phones.

Two months later I was charged close to 600 dollars for the 2 phones. I called (of course over an hour call) and after much debate the rep admitted that the phones were shown as returned. She told me it would take about 2 to 3 billing cycles to see the credit. After the 4th billing cycle with no credit I called in and had to start all over. Same result. Still no credit. Now I am sent to the Loyalty Specialist who after hours on end gives me a case number and proclaims that the specialist will contact me no later than 12/7/2020. No phone call. They have stolen my money and I want it back. I literally want to move just to get a different phone plan- I hate them with a passion.

AT&T Wireless Company Information