Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.79/5

AT&T Wireless is the cellular branch of AT&T services. The company offers a variety of plan options to suit every customer's needs. Choices include unlimited text, talk and data plans, shared data plans and prepaid options. Customers can get a new phone from AT&T when they purchase a plan or continue using their current one.

BOTTOM LINE

AT&T Wireless offers cell phone plans with unlimited talk, text and data and mobile sharing plans. No-commitment prepaid plans are also available. AT&T isn’t the cheapest wireless company, but it’s a good option.

PROS

• Several plan options
  • Includes streaming services
  • Wide range of coverage

CONS

• Low limits before data throttling
  • Not the cheapest plans

Top AT&T Wireless Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

AT&T has always given me the best rate. I have been using them for over 12 years. I remember when I had my new iPhone… and the screen broke within a month. AT&T was so kind to give me a credit to purchase a new one…They have always been there for me, and I will always be their devoted customer.

I have had AT&T phone service for about 12 years and I have been very pleased with my service. I haven't had any problem so far and so I would highly recommend AT&T… I plan to stay with AT&T as long as the service I'm receiving continues to be great with no issues.

AT&T Wireless Compare Offers

What is AT&T Wireless?

AT&T Wireless offers a wide variety of plans for customers to choose from. These include both mobile share and unlimited plans. Each plan is available for one to four phone lines.

The company’s mobile share plans include:

• AT&T Mobile Share Plus 3GB comes with unlimited talk and text, 3 GB of data, standard-definition streaming, a mobile hotspot, rollover data and talk, text and data for Mexico.
    • AT&T Mobile Share Plus 9GB has a larger package with unlimited talk and text with 9 GB of data. It also includes standard-definition streaming, a mobile hotspot, rollover data and talk, text and data for Mexico.

AT&T Wireless’ unlimited plans are:

• AT&T Unlimited Starter comes with unlimited talk, text and data, standard-definition streaming, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.
    • AT&T Unlimited Extra includes unlimited talk, text, data and 60 GB of premium data, standard-definition streaming, 15 GB of mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.
    • AT&T Unlimited Elite has unlimited talk, text, data and 100 GB of premium data, high-definition streaming, 30 GB of mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, HBO Max, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.

AT&T is also easily accessible and has more than 5,500 stores in the U.S. The company provides good international perks — select plans have unlimited texting to more than 190 countries, picture and video messaging to 120 countries and unlimited talk, text and data in Mexico and Canada. Reasonably priced add-ons are also available for other plans.

If you’re interested in streaming with unlimited plans, it’s important to note that only the Elite plan offers high-definition streams. The Starter and Extra plans only include standard-definition streaming. AT&T customers should also be aware of the company’s policy on slowing data during busy periods.

AT&T Wireless prices

AT&T is most cost-friendly for families because the cost of each line goes down as you add phones. It also offers several discount opportunities for customers. Some businesses, schools or organizations take part in the AT&T Signature Program. Eligible customers can get discounts through participating companies. Discounts are also available for:

• Teachers
    • Nurses
    • Physicians
    • Military
    • First responders

Plan prices vary depending on the number of lines you have.

• Mobile share 3GB plan: $50 to $120 per month
    • Mobile share 9GB plan: $60 to $140 per month
    • Unlimited Starter plan: $65 to $140 per month
    • Unlimited Extra plan: $75 to $160 per month
    • Elite plan: $85 to $200 per month

AT&T Wireless FAQ

How do I find my AT&T Wireless number?
    You can go to your myAT&T profile and check your contact info. Click on the “Phone” tab. Your AT&T Wireless number is listed there.
    How do I access my AT&T Wireless account?
    To access your AT&T Wireless account, you first have to create a User ID and password. Once you’ve done that, you can sign in and access your AT&T Wireless account.
    Who owns AT&T Wireless?
    AT&T Inc. owns AT&T Wireless.
    Can you bundle AT&T Wireless and internet?
    AT&T offers bundles for wireless and internet. Purchasing a bundle gets customers perks and helps save money.
    How do I pay my AT&T Wireless bill?
    AT&T Wireless offers several ways for customers to pay their bills. This includes by phone, online using the website or mobile app, in-person or automatically with a credit card.

Is AT&T Wireless good?

AT&T Wireless is one of the biggest names in American cell phone providers. There are a variety of options for customers looking for cell phone plans, and customers can get unlimited or mobile share packages for up to four phones. It’s always worth checking reviews to see if a cellphone provider has good coverage in your area, but AT&T is a good option for those looking for wireless phone service.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

Original review: April 7, 2020

Very satisfied with ATT and my experience as a newer user. I like the simplicity and generous offer for unlimited data, calls and texts for one low price and no hidden fees. If I have ever had any questions, Customer Care is always willing and able to assist me immediately. I am thanked for my business and made to feel appreciated as their customer. Never any dropped calls or clarity issues that I have had with past carriers. Decent selection of phones for both prepaid and post paid accounts. I was unsure of switching to a prepaid service provider however it has been a seamless process and I see no difference in post paid versus pre paid.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I like that AT&T has great coverage, good international roaming and quality customer service. I don’t like that the plans aren’t more flexible. In the long run it’s cheaper for us to go unlimited on everything even though it is not needed on many of our devices. If my small business would benefit from this I’m positive others would as well. We understand that they need to make a profit, but customer loyalty goes a long way. If a better deal ever becomes available we would jump ship in a heartbeat.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Coverage and speed is very good. I could only get my last Samsung active in black. That was a disappointment. The selection of models of phones is very good. Most of their selection of phones are the more expensive, top of the line models. I really enjoy all the features for blocking spam and phishing. I do wish the e-mail to text had a spam filter. I very much use the e-mail to text feature for alerts from my home network and I am glad to have it. ATT phones are very open for apps. Other vendors will not allow OpenVPN on their phones, but ATT does not mind. I will renew with ATT when my current contract comes up.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I like AT&T because of service is most everywhere in the USA and in Mexico as well and that's very important to me because I travel a lot between this two countries. I got friends that travel quite a bit to South America and also have AT&T as their carrier and they are happy they can always call home with no problem. The downside is that AT&T is quite a bit expensive than T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. I’m hoping that with technology as advance is nowadays there will be someone else besides AT&T to give the same broader service and be less expensive.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Before traveling to Canada, I stopped in to affirm that out cellular plan would work while on vacation in the Canadian Rockies. The service rep checked and assured me that using our phones would be "just like we were at home". Four days into the trip I received a message about excess data usage...five days into the trip my data usage was blocked. Not at all what I was expecting.

Upon returning home I went to inquire about the problem. Miguel, who had assisted me before (he is friendly, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to help clients), did a quick check and said I'd have to wait until all the charges from that billing period had come though. Based on his check he stated that it appeared that any problem was an error on AT&T's part. The bill arrives - over $1,200!

I'm going to shorten the story...Miguel and the staff at the store spent hours (I was at the store for over 4 hours trying to resolve the problem with their help) supporting my claim that the excess charges were AT&T's responsibility and needed to be adjusted accordingly. With Miguel's help and support the billed amount was changed in accordance with what I had originally expected. Thanks to all their help...I'm very pleased!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

My father and grandfather both worked in this company. However after losing ability to work and make money after car accident I asked AT&T for a way to lower my bill. They talked me into unlimited plan. They said would lower my bill $40 a month. Instead they took advantage of my disability and raised it so I pay $40 more a month.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I had 4 lines and a tablet for $137 a month, with Metropcs. My home internet was through Cox, but it was slow because of the area I live. I see an advertisement for AT&T fiber optic, so I signed up. As the tech is hooking up the home internet a "phone salesman/tech" showed up. Promised a cheaper rate and free better phones. I received an email saying my 1st month would be $130, but they "pro rate" it? What does that even mean? Then they take $240 out and say it's okay because they only rip you off your 1st month? Okay? Now, I have a $240 phone bill with 4 lines but my bill has 5, the so-called better phones are very generic 32gb of memory galaxy phones. My original phones had 128gb of memory. Then, I'm told it is a 30 month contract when I was told 18 months. Stay with Metropcs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Ordered one thing from AT&T and received another. Total bait and switch. And of course they aren't willing to help. They would rather lose 2 years of payments than to give what I thought I was ordering in the first place. Everyday for 2 years I'll be here.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I was mislead about a new cell phone I purchased, I was told the monthly price was going to be one thing & it turned out to be substantially more. After several calls to "customer service"... a play on words... I received a callback from a man named Stacy ** from the Office of the President.. only after I wrote a letter to the BBB.. Mr. ** told me I would soon receive a corrected invoice. This all started in March, I just received my September invoice, still no correction. I wrote another letter to the BBB, Mr. ** called without an explanation!!!! He said he'll call me back in a few more days with an answer.... Are you kidding me AT&T. This is insane!!! Fix This!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Two weeks ago I bought a long charging cable for my iPhone from the ATT store at 1800 N Federal Hwy Pompano Beach, FL along with $50 of other stuff. I have purchased 2 phones from this store over the past few years. The charging cable fell apart after 2.5 weeks. Both schmucks in the store told me they didn't cover damaged cables. They never even looked at the cable! They blamed me for damaging it. It has an open circuit and doesn't charge. Both ** and his manager were rude and told me they are willing to lose a long term Customer over a $10 cable. File this in the "CAN'T FIX STUPID CATEGORY!" The lack of service and rudeness is mind blowing.

AT&T Wireless Company Information