AT&T Wireless
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AT&T Wireless

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

4821 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

8 years as an AT&T customer but for over two years I was seeing two billing dates on my statement. I still pay by my original the 24th of the month. In October I found out that there is a $ 5.00 late fee charge. I contacted them and they said was a mistake and won’t happen again. Whatever. I assumed it was over. Worst the November bill came up with a $106.00 more. I contacted them. They transfer me from one to another finally hang up on me. For years I transfer their money exactly by the original due date. They know this. I was wondering if I was their random victim?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I tried to upgrade my wireless service $66 and Internet $60 ($120 total). They told me that I would save a lot if I get DirecTV. I agreed to their estimate and ordered $135. After spending more than an hour on the phone, the summary of charges came by email with outrageous amounts (over $200), way above what I agreed and discussed with the "supervisor". I tried to call back and after 4 reps and more than an hour still can't cancel the order. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FRAUD.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Due to DECEITFUL SALE TACTICS by a store manager in 3/2017, repeated efforts to correct the issues, and the repeated volleying from one sales person to another, between U.S. customer service and another country as well as from one department to another with promises that the issue and the lies will be resolved --- I was offered a FREE Samsung Galaxy Note 8 by a representative --- no ties --- FREE. In addition, I purchased an AT&T Primetime Tablet both resulted in two transactions - 1. 51.00 2. 205.00 no installment plan for either. However, I received notification through text over a 2 day period that the tablet purchase was under an installment plan and amounts not authorized were charged to my bank account.

I immediately cancelled the tablet. However, I was told by many representatives the Note 8 was free and they were happy it was given free because of all the problems since March 2017. Yet, each rep knew it was not free because - it was not free. I thought the long standing issues were resolved. However, when I received the so called free phone --- there was a 31.00 per month installment plan attached --- A contract!!! I called and requested that the Loyalty Department would request the recording of the sale to confirm the representative LIED. They said they would make the request. However, it will take from 5 - 7 days to process. So, I asked for a return label because I did not want to be locked into another installment payment plan.

So far, due to the lies told in 3/2017 --- we are locked into a 5 cellphone installment plan. This company uses deceitful methods to make a sale locking customers into installment plans that are ridiculous. Their representatives LIE, customer service is HORRIFIC, and management does not seem to care. Someone, anyone needs to look into the fraudulent sale activities of this company --- customers need to be protected!!! Note: from 11/9 - 11/11, I spoke to MANY representatives in diverse departments - he once told me the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was free --- there will be no problem - upon receipt just call in and activate on my current cell number ** - NOT ONE MENTIONED THE PHONE WAS NOT FREE AND THAT THERE WAS AN INSTALLMENT PLAN.

When I asked why was there a different number listed along with the device, I was told NO PROBLEM, we do that when sending out devices --- Lies! Lies! Lies! The different number was a different line which would have been added to our plan!!! The Loyalty Department is the worse. They say we will call you back, this happened twice, and never do.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

On the first day of the new Apple X iPhone, I went to my local Apple Store. I waited in line and they had 2 phones for me in stock. Of course, the local AT&T store had zero in stock. So, the Apple person inputs all of my AT&T information into his handheld device and receives an error message that AT&T can't verify my account. We call the 1-800 number given for AT&T--all the information seems correct. I live in a town that doesn't receive mail delivery to the street, so we try changing the address. No luck--now it's been over an hour trying to fix the problem. The Apple salesperson was a saint. So, I drive to the AT&T store a mile away, and he pulls up my account information--can't see anything wrong--can't see a problem.

So, I drive home and print out my account information from the AT&T website and bring back to the Apple Store. We try for another hour--we call AT&T--we speak to a supervisor. They don't know why it won't recognize my account and can't fix the problem. This is so typical of the experience I have with AT&T as a company. So my only option now is to upgrade through AT&T and wait weeks for my phones to be delivered. After speaking with a neighbor, we think it is related to the issue of our town not getting mail delivery (only P.O. Boxes and UPS or FEDEX) because when she tried to order the upgrade, it wouldn't ship to the address on file--she finally had to ship to her son's address.

We are a town of 10,000 people--AT&T is supposedly a "tech" company--but along with their slow as a turtle website they can't seem to fix a problem associated with addresses in our town of Rancho Santa Fe, CA. Everytime I receive a promotion to switch to AT&T Internet, I think are you kidding--you can barely manage my cell phones for the family and your website is slower than any website I use on the Internet.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I went to the AT&T store and was the first in line to order the new Apple iPhone X. Email from AT&T said I would be getting from 11/3-11/10. I chatted with AT&T three times in the interim they said they’re doing everything they can. Today 11/10 when I checked my phone’s status the dates disappeared and they just say “in progress”. Now I just got an email from AT&T saying shipping date changed to 11/24-12/1. What kind of lousy service is this? Defeats the whole purpose of going to an AT&T store if ultimately you're worse off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

They messed up our bill for 2 years and made us pay unnecessary taxes, because it's their fault initially they agreed to credit 50 dollars as courtesy which never came through. Now, they say they never agreed to give credit and they it's not their fault for us paying additional taxes. They were suggesting to get this resolved with City Hall. I used to love AT&T, they used to care so much and help wherever possible. They don't care for customers anymore even if they are losing accounts with more than 7 years of history.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Got a 24 month cell phone contract from AT&T. They provided a phone for a nominal fee. Paid a month in advance to begin the service. At 21 months the motherboard on the phone quit. No phone. After about three days negotiating on the phone with different representatives the best they would do was to send a phone to me which cost was more than the original amount paid for the phone. I determined then I was going to cancel my account when the time was up. So I paid two three months service for no service and went and got another phone and provider.

When the day came to cancel my account I invested more than 4 hours trying to accomplish that. I was handed off to at least 5 different people, even a supervisor, to no effect. 1 rep said he would call me back within an hour. Never called at all. I finally found a rep who cancelled my account only to discover that even though I had been paying a month in advance somehow I still owed a month and a half. I will never give another nickel to the AT&T Corp. for any service or reason, period.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

What I had when I walked into the AT&T Retail Store in Clinton, TN: Under no phone contract, No debt on my 3 phones, Unlimited data that slowed after 30 gigs. What I was supposed to have when I left 7 hours later: DirecTV with all premium channels, Internet of 50 speed, 3 phone lines, 1 Samsung Galaxy Note for $27 per month ($1,000 phone), 1 Galaxy Note Phone for free, 1 smaller Galaxy phone for $6 per month, 3 free Tablets, $399 in free accessories (wireless chargers, portable chargers, etc. etc.), a total bill less than $100 below what I was currently paying for AT&T cell phones and Comcast Internet, home phone and TV (DVR, HBO, Starz).

What I had 48 hours later: No DirecTV because the trees around my house blocked 3 of 5 satellites (according to the DirecTV technician), No AT&T Internet because the speed could only reach 12 to 15 (opposed to the 50 promised and the 75 I have with Comcast), Six phone lines because the retailer failed to tell me he added lines for the free tablets at $20 each per month, 22 gigs of data rather than the 30 I had before (I wasn’t told this either). Refusal to take back the phones and equipment and return the 3 phones I traded in for $600 in credit and restore my “no contract” account.

In less than 48 hours, my old phones had been shipped off (per AT&T policy) and could not be returned under any circumstances. I also could not be compensated for the loss of those phones if I returned the new ones – which left me with no choice but to buy new phones. Basically, AT&T would get my old phones worth $600 for nothing and I would have to pay them for new phones.

A two-year contract with a promise to increase my bill significantly after one year (which I was never told by the retailer), Loss of the “buy one get one free” $1,000 Galaxy Note phone which I would now have to pay for because the DirecTV deal fell through at no fault of mine. A $87 restock fee to return the free tablets which had never been opened so I could get rid of the extra phone lines I didn’t want in the first place. Oh. and about $1,000 in restock fees if I returned all the equipment I originally received even though AT&T could not make good on the original deal.

About $2,500 in debt for cell phones, An increase in my overall bill by at least $100, perhaps more after all is said and done (compared to the $100 reduction in monthly bill promised). A dishonest, lying AT&T retailer named Jonathan who lied and manipulated me into a deal he couldn’t deliver on (all this confirmed by AT&T’s corporate-owned store in Oak Ridge). He apparently didn’t want to return the commission. A discovery that AT&T has absolutely no control over their retailers and will do nothing to help their customers when they are cheated and lied to. Most of all, extreme anger at myself for trusting an AT&T salesman.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

2 chats + 4 calls + my time wasted = 0 revenue. I will not spend an outrageous $180 on cable (WITH COMMERCIALS) to have my calls outsourced. These employees of AT&T have ZERO permission to do anything and sound like a broken record asking to update your info with ever transfer. In the end it took one US based csr under 2 mins to resolve my issue, but it was too late. I cancelled. Protip(s): Hulu or Netflix charge about $10/month and you don't have to FF through commercials and digital antennas aren't as bad as sitting on hold with India sooooo make the move - I promise it's worth it! If you chose to keep cable (any cable) then tell their recording you would like to cancel - they will hook you up with a real representative that has authority to help you and not waste your time.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This company provides the WORST customer service!!! And tries to SCAM: Did you know that when traveling abroad, it's not enough to turn off your cellular and roaming? You have to call a rep to have it turned off? One department doesn't speak to another, and they dropped my call after 1.5 hrs on the phone, explaining this! You SUCK! Now the "Unified Billing" is telling me to go to a store. They can't see notes from other departments and webchats. Why are you so INCOMPETENT???

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I called customers service about a mistake they made on my account that resulted in extra charges. I talked with several people that couldn't help me. The last one I spoke with was Wanda. She was no help and hung up on me. Would'nt even listen to me and hung up. I called back and talk to someone else. It seems they have my account so messed up that the higher ups have to figure it out. Watch your bills. Make sure they don't combine them unless you want it that way. I've spent about 5 hours on the phone trying to fix their problems. Rude people. Treat you like crap.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've been an ATT customer for about 8 years. I used to have DSL service that ATT changed to U-verse with the promise to lock the price. First bill I received it said the price was a promotion for 12 months, called them and they confirmed and said that I won't have any problem, when promotion expired, just call them and they will put it back. But that was a lie, year after year I have to fight the customer service to change me from one promotion to another. Finally they offered me to join internet and iPhone bills for 1 year (promotion again) to save me $30.00 and they also will increase the speed (which I did not ask for). Result, I have got a bill for $190, about $60 more than I used to pay for both bills separately. So, my question is why I'm still with them? Too slow, I guess. Looking right now for another company that can honor what it promises.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

There is No one who will ever call you back when you call the executive office... They listen... but they do not hear. They hear but they do not listen... Why doesn't this ConsumerAffairs turn all these complaints over to the FCC Federal Communication or The President of the United States... This AT&T has a license to steal... They definitely need to be investigated.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Attempted to switch to AT&T Wireless after receiving an offer in the mail for a free iPhone 7. Customer service assured me via chat that I was eligible for the offer. After attempting to activate the phone upon receipt, I was informed that the offer was only available to those porting in a number and that my number was not eligible to be ported. This was contradictory to what I had been told via customer service chat. After spending about 2 hours on the phone with multiple people, they determined that my number was not eligible for port. Because of the confusion they would honor the promotion anyway.

The supervisor claimed that she placed an override on my account to allow the promotional offer to be applied. The bill credits were to start in 2-3 months and she said to call if I did not begin receiving them. It's been over 9 months since the order and I still have not begun receiving the bill credit. After calling AT&T, they now tell me that I was never eligible for the promotion and will not be receiving the bill credit. The only reason I switched to AT&T in the first place was for this promotion that is being disallowed. I have been given 2 separate case numbers through customer service and neither one of them has brought any resolution to the situation.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

ATT store agents failed to unlock my phone properly prior to leaving the country, during my vacation and after my return blaming me for their failures. ATT still owes me over $1200 in back credit. They are denying issuing this credit despite its showing in the statement. My contract with them is only for $72.39 per month yet they charge me up to 600-800 sometimes. I call them, they give me credit and it shows in the statements but it doesn’t post neither adds up in the bills every so often. All their employees are arrogant and rude and abusive of their office. They never solve the problem only part of the problem.

Again they keep saying, “We gave you credit,” and at the same time it is not reflecting. I still have to pay what they’re asking otherwise they say, “We’ll disconnect your service.” This been going on for years. To date ATT and its employees affiliates have shown no remorse, apology and never at the least have shown me respect, accountability nor any responsibility. I have an email from them stating they will not bill me again, will keep my service going indefinitely until they come to a resolution. Few weeks later I get a phone call from them demanding payment or will disconnect my service. Admitting only to part of their faults but keep charging me from 5 to 8 times what I owe them.

To date ATT owes me 1251.81 + (556.93-72.39). That’s $1736.35. I have sent them a spreadsheet and asked them to corroborate the items in the spreadsheet. To date they refuse to do so. For more documents and evidence proving that these are all ATT numbers from their monthly bills please email me and I will send them to you to examine the same.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

After staying with ATT for 6-7 years I have been treated with Customer Representatives as if they don't value customers anymore and they do not care about their needs. I use to be on calls with ATT Customer Care for 2 sometimes 2 and half hours being transferred from one department to another. They use to pass along the ball from one customer representative to other who may respond somewhere between 20-30 minutes each by saying this is U-verse account which I do not why even after removing DirecTV an year back. U-verse and ATT is bad combination especially for loyal customers who have been with ATT for so long. I was just asking to remove some unnecessary charges which they charged even when the account was suspended.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

It took almost two weeks to have a phone unlocked so I could change providers. I was sent into the Abyss of customer service representatives to have to repeat myself over and over again. Once even getting transferred to the Collections dept. I was told my phone could not be unlocked because there was a balance on the phone, but that was not true. So every three days after submitting a new case and speaking with several managers (I even think it was the manager that transferred me to the Collections Dept.) I received a blanket email telling me my request had been denied due to the phone having a balance. I was told that the process was automated and that a "real" person couldn't help me that they had to keep submitting a new request. Finally, via a CHAT and within 15 minutes, my phone was finally unlocked. Amazing isn't it? I will say I never had a problem with AT&T until I had a problem.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have an iPhone that was paid with cash in 2014 and service with At&t plan for 3 years. I then purchased a pre-paid monthly card and their service is horrifically slow and many times with no service. I went to get Verizon pre-paid plan yesterday and At&t LOCKED my phone and holding it ransom for 6 months on a Pre-paid with no contract nor commitment. How is this legal??? It's so deceptive and I am disgusted with this company!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Beware of the AT&T trade in program. I tried to take advantage of this scam and they STOLE MY PHONE. I traded in a perfectly good iPhone 6S. They never contacted me to let me know they received it. I had to call in to find out they did get it. They told me it was worth $60, stating it did not work properly. Ridiculous. I said, "So send it back." I shopped it at Gazelle.com and at that time it was worth $215. They refused to return it, and they never issued an account credit. I spent at least eight hours on the phone trying to resolve it, and finally gave up. I switched service to ** and couldn't be happier. Avoid AT&T like the plague. They are THIEFS. They will STEAL YOUR PHONE, so don't let that happen to you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We have been AT&T customers for over 10 years. When our daughter was in college we purchased the device protection for her phone. We have paid $8.99 per month since then (2011). Recently (2017) her phone died and we used the plan. Imagine our surprise when we realized the phone that we will pay our deductible toward - is a REFURBISHED phone. I'm sure it's in the small print that they aren't replacing it with new. Anyway the first two phones have been a bust and despite the face we've had the phone for 3 weeks - we have to do extensive over the phone troubleshooting in order to get another replacement. So if I calculate it right - we just paid $579.49 for a refurbished iPhone 6. Wow... Makes us look pretty silly.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I canceled my entire account because my bill was too expensive. And then about 3 or 4 weeks later they pull out of my bank account almost 500 dollars the night before a major surgery. Is 500 the amount I owe for canceling? No. It's not. They reassured me that I would get a paper bill in the mail and it would not take out. And when I was canceling my damn account. I was hung on 7 times. So in total I was in the damn phone for 4 hours. They were constantly messing up my bill which is why I canceled in the first place but now this. I'm 20 years old trying to pay for surgeries and they pull 500 out of my bank account when I'm not even a customer anymore.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Save yourself some time, trouble and look elsewhere. Constantly CALL your business with "Help" which is actually sales pitches. After telling them numerous time to STOP calling and mail all sales pitches, they still continue to call. Try to go through customer service but their "Security" requires: your #, business name, address, account number and pin #, which you don't know because they assign 1 to you and it's not on your bills.

So they have to assign a new pin #, you need to log into your email account to retrieve the new assigned pin #, just to get them to stop calling your business. They then tell you they will fix the problem phone calls, which do stop for a few weeks, only to start up again soon after. I hope small business owners read this, determine if they have the time to waste and then seek other options.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I upgraded my phone with AT&T Next program, biggest mistake of my life, at an AT&T store. I was tacked on services that I never wanted. They lied to me about my shared data usage on the "free" iPad they offered and lied about the international roaming. All resulted in a significant overage on my bill. I called customer service multiple times, 15 and counting, but every time after relaying my story to a new agent, I got empty promises. They opened a case with "Back Office" supposedly the ultimate authority on resolving disputes and supposed to do so in 7-10 business days. Well, it has been over 2 months, 3 escalation tickets on the original case later, I am still sitting frustrated. My service keeps getting cancelled even though I have been paying my bills regularly except for the disputed charges.

I may have spent over 20 hours of my weekday time trying to get AT&T to resolve the open case but they couldn't care less. Customer service cannot contact 'back office' nor can they give their number for me to call them directly. At AT&T the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Every agent responds differently to the same issue. They have a scripted response which says they feel bad and apologize but cannot do anything to help me. I have been a loyal customer for over 14 years and have 5 lines. Looks like Verizon or T-Mobile are getting my business very soon. AT&T can keep their lousy customer service and continue to lose their customers. One Frustrated AT&T Customer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

AT&T customer service sucks. Put on hold for too long and changes their contract up to where you pay for more than what they are not giving to you. Rude, snotty little ** who don't wanna do what's right.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

About 2 years ago my Mom had cancer so we added her to our cell bill to help alleviate some of her costs. She is doing well now and wanted to start her own cell plan. I consulted with AT&T several times since we were doing installments on her phone. On 3 different occasions they told me that the installments were done and that she could have her number and phone moved from our account. When we went to unlock her phone they said that there were still installments pending. I called them and showed on my bill that we had paid all the installments. The phone was unlocked and she moved to her on plan with a different provider. Several times I asked if this was going cause us to be charged in any way if she takes her number and that phone to another account. Each time I was told no.

A few weeks ago I received a bill saying that I need to pay, in addition to my regular monthly bill $348 for the remaining installment payments on her phone. I have spent now more than 8 hours on the phone with them. Not only could they not tell me which phones I had on my plan but when they were initially put on our plan. They could not tell me when the installment payments were done. I had to provide that information to them again. But then they told me that the installment payments for my son's phone and that they had somehow been attached to my Mom's number. Her number not her phone. So her phone is paid off but payments are attached to her phone number. Seems like a simple fix. Attach the payments to the device you are actually paying on. THEY DON'T HAVE A WAY TO DO THAT.

Even though their representatives assured me on several occasions that we would not pay anything additional to move her to her own account, I have been told there is nothing that can be done other than pay the $348 or move her number back to our account. If we moved her back then she will have an early termination fee on her new contract. The person I spoke with said there was nowhere to escalate this. That she was end of line. Every time I received these assurances from their representatives I asked if I could have their extension or employee number or something to identify them. Each time I was told some reason why I would not be able to get in contact with that particular employee again. Well can you call me back? Nope. They are inbound only.

So regardless of what they tell you, you have no way to prove that. I asked why they record their calls. “Solely for training.” Another company that will not do what they need to make the customer happy. I am not disputing the installment payments on my son's phone. It is still on the plan and being used. I am disputing paying installment payments in a lump sum for his phone that has not left our plan. The installments should be attached to the device since that is what you are paying for not to the phone number. But if they lose customers today due to bad customer service they don't care. They know they will have more customers sign up today. Companies today have gotten away from taking care of their customers and retaining them. They will actually factor that into their profits and losses. Once they get as big as AT&T they don't care about the customers any longer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Moved just down the street and transferred service. It would have been very easy to cancel service and go with someone new. We decided to continue service with AT&T. Scheduled our appointment to transfer the service location a MONTH before the move due to the vital nature of having internet service as my employment depends on it. They cancelled the first appointment and rescheduled without having an explanation for the cancellation. This cancellation put us an additional 3 weeks without internet connection. Then, the NIGHT BEFORE the appointment, they send a message to state the appointment has been canceled and to please call to reschedule.

Needless to say we are irate at the SECOND cancellation AND TWO DAYS of PTO taken off of work to stay home and wait for their technician to come. We call to inquire and they have no answer as to why it has been canceled a second time. There was no offer to try and move appointments around or get someone to our home urgently. A third appointment is made for a week later... Which is TODAY. We are told a technician will arrive between 9-12 today. Well, it is 1 pm and no sight of a technician and no phone call no email no smoke signals... NOTHING. My husband is calling AT&T from his job AGAIN... And after I write this review, I am contacting Comcast. This is crazy and completely unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

For the last six months and beyond that AT&T U-verse has been billing me for changes which I did not request them for. Have to go online to protest the bill and the charges that were unfair made. Each time I spent anywhere from 1 hr or more to get billing and credits like they were when I enter the contract. AT&T and DirecTV has 28 million customers and have a bad reputation of fraudulent billing practices. If they overcharge 1.00 every month to rewards them with a 28 million dollars windfall in revenue. The consumer has no options in this matter but to make a complaint. And they still want you to honor the contract. Why they just keep doing the same thing each month. I am tire of the **. I have 3 months left on my contract but I am filing this complaint because I know that they are going to bill me for the rest of the time which is unfair because they are the one that broke the contract.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

AT&T Internet has completely gone out 4 times in the past 11 months. At the end of August I decided to give them one more chance and upgraded to fiber as I work from home. Less than 2 months later my modem died and it took 2 days to get a tech out. He was to arrive between 8:30 and 12:30 but was later than 12:30. Their customer service provided no help and there was no urgency despite my recent upgrade and having been with AT&T for 10 years. I will be switching to Spectrum and hope their Internet is more reliable than AT&T. I would not recommend AT&T for any service. I would give AT&T zero stars but at least one is required.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I echo what every other customer writes on here. AT&T misrepresents and then locks customers into long term contracts with no way to take corrective action. They pass you around between departments (customer service, loyalty, mobility) until one of them disconnects, leaving you starting from square 1 again. They sold me a Velocity and Digital Life Home Security which did not meet my needs and were terrible services, but had me locked into 3 year contracts that cannot be terminated without massive fees. AT&T is not subject to recourse for providing bad service. There is no watch dog which empowers consumers to get their $ back. They owe me $2,000 services they are charging but I cannot use. Where is the consumer right to not be forced to pay for services that are not delivered? AT&T is full of fraud and misrepresentation. I am on board with a Class Action Lawsuit if anyone else is.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I don't even know where to begin, was lied to so many times I don't even know what is truth and what is not. I called to setup home internet service, was told I could get new mobile phone service with them and would be eligible for BOGO phones, it was a lie, was told I would get expedited shipping. It was a lie. Finally got box in the mail and it only contained one phone, still don't have the 2nd phone and no one can tell me when I will get it. I have talked to multiple representatives and supervisors. No one can tell me anything. No one even acts like they care, just pass me to someone else. My plans are to cancel all of my services and return to my former carriers.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs