AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

6320 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My cell phone was heating up and not keeping the charge. Went into the store and was told I would have to replace the phone. The AT&T tech, Garret **, asked me if I had insurance on the phone, which I did. He told me the web page to go on and told me it would cost about $120. He told me to bring the new phone in and he would take care of transferring everything to the new phone. It took one day and phone came. Took the new phone into the store and Garret did everything for me. I was very impressed as everyone in that store was helpful and did not try and sell me a new phone, which they could have, as I did not know about the insurance covering it. I will recommend that store in Palos Hts to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I changed my service to unlimited talk/text on the last day of my billing cycle. Somehow there was a double billing amount when I looked online to see my current payment. I went back to store (Pleasant Prairie, WI) and they were able to explain what happened and change to the correct amount. I realize billing sometimes doesn't factor everything in when you first get the bill, but I was assured I will pay what I expected to pay. Thanks to District Mgr. Mike and my store rep Derek. They both took the time to explain how the billing works. It was pleasure working with both Derek and Mike. I was a previous Verizon customer, and 30 months ago I switched over and I'm glad I did.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

It has been such a relief to use a service that is a great bargain, provides us with stellar coverage for our area, and professional level customer service. We use to have cellphone service through another carrier for 3 years total where we leased phones. One by one we went to ATT prepaid with unlocked phones and was much happier. We want no fuss service that delivers what we are paying for and they do that.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I am very happy with the customer service provided by Neil at the AT&T store on Main Street in Norwich, CT. Neil diagnosed my old phone and gave me exact details on how to replace my Samsung phone with another device and still keep my phone number and prepaid plan. Additionally, Neil replaced my sim card to the new phone and transferred all my data from the old phone to the new phone. I highly recommend Neil at this AT&T store. He is courteous and knowledgeable. I will continue to do business with AT&T.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I originally got services end of 2017. Everything was wonderful. Super satisfied until May 2018. I called to see what options I had as I had to move due to a car accident and my parents already had services with AT&T. I made it clear I wasn't going back to the old address with original rep. She advised to put services on hold so I did. She said it was good for 6 months. 3 months in I was sent a bill as if I had restored services called and was given some ** answer and was told pay the bill it would fix itself. It never did. Called back and was told the account was being resuspended for me. Come to find out it never was. Then I got another bill today 2/6/2019 for $110 again they reactivated the services AGAIN.

I called and was livid kept getting this Asian woman that spoke horrible English and understood it even less until I was transferred to ED from Missouri who knew what he was talking about, made sense and got everything taken care off. I did have to cancel my account and will have to reactivate all over when I get to my place and there is a small fee to cancel but that's ok as he explained everything thoroughly and clearly and to where I understood and it made sense. HE and ONLY him restored my faith in AT&T and because of him I will come back once settled into my own spot. Thank you Ed for your upstanding customer service and customer relation skills. You are a real star of the AT&T team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Omg, I don't know where to start. So I will try to make a long long story not as long. Back in August 23rd I called to upgrade my phone and to get my own plan started because I got divorced and I needed to off his plan. Well that in itself would take too long to explain. So I called on that day. Talked to T. ** and explained my situation so I ordered the Samsung S8 1 up from what I had. Who cares I use it for a phone and messaging so anyways I asked him for the lowest price plan. HE TOLD ME 3GB UNLIMITED TALK AND MESSAGING FOR $60-10 if I sign up for auto pay. Great I thought. Omg nope.

So 1 day I went into my AT&T app and I almost fell off my chair because T. ** didn't do his job correctly. I was charged UNLIMITED data. My bill was $126.08 when it should have been 60 plus tax (To some $126.08 is not a lot but again my phone is used for a phone not a computer) so I knew right then and there I put my hands in my face and knew I have a challenge because they messed up. Not me. I knew I was going to have to talk to people that I can't understand at all and they say over and over (I UNDERSTAND LET ME PULL UP YOUR ACCOUNT). MY GOSH HOW LONG DOES IT Take to pull up an account. There's was times I would say "Hello are you there" because there is silence and I've been hung up on may times so I start the conversation with what's your name and ID# but half of the time they give you a fake name and id#. So long story I had to pay for their mistake or they would shut my service off and they made the mistake. Not me.

How the heck can that be fair or legal. So I'm waiting for my 2nd bill because if it's still wrong after like 8 people including a couple managers that never call you back. One named Walter terrible manager and how did he get that position. They have scripted they go off of. Every time you call it's the same and then when they transfer you then you have to tell the whole story again. So my story is if my bill is wrong I will give them their phone and cancel the service and I will fight for my rights because they made the mistake. Not me. I will NEVER use them again!!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

This entire company customer service is a JOKE!!! They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you off the phone. The supervisors tell you they need to transfer the call to their station and will call you back (don't hold your breath). The reps and supervisors have no real knowledge of their own company's policies and then when you do something they've told you to do it never happens the way they tell you. This is not limited to just the wireless it is also the DirectTV and home internet customer service. The only group at this whole organization that seems to provide any customer service that is worth the time it will take you to actually talk to someone about your problem.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

First they have the robot to try to ask you questions when you need a person. Then they have another robot to ask you the same questions you just answered. Then when you finally get a person, they need a "passcode" when we have the account number, email and password information but not a "passcode". They are hard to get through to as well as a convoluted setup when you try to do stuff online. It's totally inefficient and frustrating!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

So I purchased a iPhone for my daughter less than a year ago and of course something came up and we had to file a claim with the replacement plan that we got on her phone. Well, in addition to paying for the original cost of the phone, we had to pay a like $250 deductible for the replacement of the phone. Ok so then they told me we have 12 months warranty on the phone that was replaced. Ok so I did change cell phone services because I was not happy with AT&T for other reasons. Well I just called them today and got the run around from many people especially supervisor Mary #** at #866-506-9748.

They went through a testing and agreed that the phone needs to be replaced but then said my warranty of the product is void because I no longer have an account with them. How does this make any sense? If there is a warranty (not to mention that I just paid them a deductible a few months ago), it should always be in effect until it is expired! This is just so frustrating. So in my experience. Just stay AWAY from AT&T folks!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I loathe this company. I detest and despise its high prices and hidden fees. I end up paying hundreds of dollars every month. Apparently this is because of international calls, but I make those via messengers like Whatsapp, which use wi-fi, so I do not understand what I am being charged for. When I get the snide automatic message notifying me of my past due every month: "Uh-oh life happens. To ensure that suspension of the service does not occur....", I want to vomit. Please do not try to make corporate copy sound friendly, it just sounds creepy. This is my own fault for not transferring to a better service months ago. I will do that as soon as I get the chance. See ya AT&T.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs