AT&T Wireless
3.20/5
Based on 3,274 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless

6137 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I originally got services end of 2017. Everything was wonderful. Super satisfied until May 2018. I called to see what options I had as I had to move due to a car accident and my parents already had services with AT&T. I made it clear I wasn't going back to the old address with original rep. She advised to put services on hold so I did. She said it was good for 6 months. 3 months in I was sent a bill as if I had restored services called and was given some ** answer and was told pay the bill it would fix itself. It never did. Called back and was told the account was being resuspended for me. Come to find out it never was. Then I got another bill today 2/6/2019 for $110 again they reactivated the services AGAIN.

I called and was livid kept getting this Asian woman that spoke horrible English and understood it even less until I was transferred to ED from Missouri who knew what he was talking about, made sense and got everything taken care off. I did have to cancel my account and will have to reactivate all over when I get to my place and there is a small fee to cancel but that's ok as he explained everything thoroughly and clearly and to where I understood and it made sense. HE and ONLY him restored my faith in AT&T and because of him I will come back once settled into my own spot. Thank you Ed for your upstanding customer service and customer relation skills. You are a real star of the AT&T team!

Original review: June 15, 2018

When I was first signing up and had questions, customer service was very accommodating. I have the prepaid plan which is $45 and I get a $5 discount because I use autopay via my credit. It ends up being $44.86 with the tax. I have 6GB of data at high speed and then it slows down, but I never use 6GB, as a matter of fact I never use 2GB because I have wifi at home and most places I am have wifi. When I have to use data, it is usually pretty quick and easy to use.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2018

AT&T overall is a very good provider however I’ve found it difficult at times to be connected with the correct customer representative. Also, I’ve been a customer of AT&T for several years now and I believe they should offer long-term customers like myself a loyalty discount. Their rates are high however I do understand they must remain competitive to remain a leader in the industry however if they take a stand to lower their rates then their competitors might follow suit.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The plan that I have allows for coverages on data without having to pay for it but it is slowed down so badly that it takes a day and a half for pages to load and since I use data more than anything else it really affects my ability to get things done. Then to top that off I have problems with reception where I live though most times I have service it drops off or is of poor quality frequently. Customer service Representatives that I have talked to have all been great and very knowledgeable. So even though they have their little quirks and problems (they are working on changing this) I would not even think of changing my service provider. As I have compared the plan I have to the same plan on other services and for what it is this one is the best price with the best coverage for my area.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have pretty good service almost everywhere that I go. There are just certain areas and they are usually remote where I have issues. When I lived in a remote area I got one of the towers that boosted the signal. This really helped a lot but while driving in a remote area there is no mobile booster. Also I used to really enjoy getting a new phone every two years for free which they do not do any longer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: May 25, 2019

@AT&T beyond frustrated with your customer service. I called in March and was told about a new promotion. I asked more than 5 times that by accepting the promotion I would not be tied into a 12 month contract as I was moving in June. I was reassured I would not be. Now I am trying to move and being told I am locked into this contract regardless of the misinformation I was given. Spoke to a supervisor who told me she would pull the call but it would not change a thing and if I were to change or cancel it would be $150. I have been a loyal customer for years and can not believe I was told you will not stand behind what a customer service agent advised me multiple times.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Worst service in South Florida. Please be careful. AT&T's customer service is now beyond HORRIBLE. All the towers in South Florida are degraded. There are blackouts everywhere. I never have more than 1 or 2 bars. Many times no service which affects my safety. The WiFi went down nearly every weekend and was too slow to stream Netflix most days.They will not take ownership of their inability to provide working service. I have wasted hours on the phone with their tech support and customer loyalty. Still no ownership of their mistakes and not following through on their end of the contract. Please avoid them and save yourself so much trouble and wasted money.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Called over 7 times to get an overpayment refunded to me of $155 dollars. It’s been 2 months now and I still haven’t received a check. They would tell me a price and my bill was always much higher. I had an unlimited plan for 2 which they said would be 120 always ended up that my bill was between 165 and 179 a month for 2 people. I was stupid to pay this as long As I did before switching and going with T-Mobile.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I first started AT&T it was actually it was actually a good service. It is Stan Lee gotten worse seeing that price increasing. Perks are dropping. I need to go back, do the original AT&T, get rid of Cricket because they are focusing on money instead of quality service.

Original review: May 20, 2019

So we have been with AT&T when then they were called Southern Bell. We have cells and internet with them. Cell phones are great but internet for the house is horrible. They also will try and charge you as much as possible for as little as you get. For years we were paying 106.00$ for laggy 6 mb. per sec internet and fine considering we're out in country but since they have upgraded instead of letting or helping customers know that 12.0 is available for the area they choose not to. I am a songwriter and country music singer and recently have tried to use internet 12.0 and yet still laggy.

I've called support loyalty numbers SEVERAL times and done all the troubleshooting. Had techs come out replace modem. Call AT&T. Say still lagging bad. They say, "You need a new modem". Trying to connect to yes and something is wrong...IT WAS JUST REPLACED. It's a ongoing never ending circle and were tryna have faith in the AT&T but damn. They say this is available. Tech says, "No, it's not." YALL GET ON SAME PAGE. I'm now in process of finding other internet providers since AT&** can't get it together. DONT CHOOSE AT&T unless you're trying to have lag and hassle. Then yeah they're a #1 pick. I'm very displeased. Not one to leave reviews but GUYS this is how bad they are. And if you're AT&T reading this go ** yourself like your internet. Laggy and slow.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs