AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

6212 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

Been putting off getting a new phone because of the hassle. We stopped at the Yorkville store yesterday and fortunately Andrew was there and made our experience a pleasurable one. He not only proved that we were with the best service provider, he went to great lengths to lower our bill. Our whole family is on the plan, and he managed to satisfy everyone!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Ahmad went out of his way to get me the best deal and show me comparisons for the product I wanted. I will be sending everyone to him. He was professional and kind. I have already sent my girlfriend to him and she’ll be calling on him when she’s back in Schaumburg.

Edward

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I've been with AT&T since 1999 and don't get me wrong they have their issues but so do all the other ones. Everyone has a nightmare to tell about their wireless provider it's all about what you can live with. Dropped calls, price, service etc. they all have issues. I just happen to know how to deal with AT&T and I love their customer service so that's the main reason I stay with them.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We have used AT&T for over 10 years. The reliability of the service is excellent. The installation went fast, efficient, and was explained, in detail, by the install tech. The customer service has deteriorated. More and more, the company is using overseas individuals who have difficulty understanding specifics and American nuances and colloquialisms. The speed is could be improved but suffices for us.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I originally got services end of 2017. Everything was wonderful. Super satisfied until May 2018. I called to see what options I had as I had to move due to a car accident and my parents already had services with AT&T. I made it clear I wasn't going back to the old address with original rep. She advised to put services on hold so I did. She said it was good for 6 months. 3 months in I was sent a bill as if I had restored services called and was given some ** answer and was told pay the bill it would fix itself. It never did. Called back and was told the account was being resuspended for me. Come to find out it never was. Then I got another bill today 2/6/2019 for $110 again they reactivated the services AGAIN.

I called and was livid kept getting this Asian woman that spoke horrible English and understood it even less until I was transferred to ED from Missouri who knew what he was talking about, made sense and got everything taken care off. I did have to cancel my account and will have to reactivate all over when I get to my place and there is a small fee to cancel but that's ok as he explained everything thoroughly and clearly and to where I understood and it made sense. HE and ONLY him restored my faith in AT&T and because of him I will come back once settled into my own spot. Thank you Ed for your upstanding customer service and customer relation skills. You are a real star of the AT&T team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: July 21, 2019

Have been on hold for so long! My husband talked with customer service for over 5 hours! Wasn’t given the plan that was offered, even though I had an email stating the promised plan. Store employees, including manager, didn’t want to help. They just sat at a table, talking while my mom and I fix the problem.

Original review: July 21, 2019

My family and I went to upgrade 3 lines of service why cell phones had been paid off yesterday. We decided that my daughter and my wife would be the only ones to get new phones because I didn’t want an increase of $130 additional dollars per month on an already expensive cell phone bill. The manager said they if canceled our current lines in a few days from home, they could open new lines of service and we could get the discounts for new customers. We would get a buy one get one free on the $700 dollar phones we had chosen. We asked "Don’t you have any loyalty rewards for current customers..." The answer was NO! We decided to do the honorable thing and submit to paying full retail, I’d keep my two year old phone for another two years and my wife and daughter would upgrade their 2 year old phones.

Doesn’t make sense that a customer who has paid a company between $300 and $400 per month faithfully for 5 years should get NO discounts for continued service, but a stranger off the street can get discounts off 100% off on premier electronics. If you agree with my option on this treatment of loyal customers please email me **. I like to know just how many people are upset and feel discounted as a customer of AT&T. I feel it’s only fair to offer current customers better discounts on services to keep us as customers. Otherwise we all just might as well change to other carriers or take the advice of disgruntled employees. It’s not right for employees to suggest tomfoolery, trickery and deceit to get discounts for customers. This proves even AT&T employees see a flaw in the system.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Worst wireless service I ever had. About 7 months ago I switched to unlimited wireless with ATT, my first bill was way more than I expected. On December 19, 2018 I cancelled my subscription and switched to T-Mobile. I kept getting bills from ATT for 6 months after I cancelled the service. I spent over 40 hours on the phone with customer service trying recancel the service. In May 2019, I got a bill for April, I ignored it and they sent it to a collection agency. I still today don't know if the service is cancelled. Extremely bad customer service. T-MOBILE is a thousand times better.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Account set up was a total lie. We were told that we would get a first responder deal and lower our cell phone bills by 1/2 vs. Verizon. That was lie #1. They stated they would close our Verizon account and take care of account by getting this on special new phone. Lie #2. We were told we had to turn in our phones to get this discount on our new phones. Lie #3. Our bill was split which caused us to be unaware of the higher rates we were now paying. We are now stuck with a very expensive phone that is actual crap. If you can use any other company than AT&T I would suggest that.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Jesus and Elizabeth has terrible customer services. Jesus did not try to help at all and Elizabeth was arguing and lecturing me for not opening my mails on time. I spoke with 4 person and they all gave me different answers. Worse customer service ever. Have been a customer for 10 years and I'm guessing they are hiring people with no customer skills.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs