AT&T Wireless

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have some tablets thru AT&T. I just bought a iPhone and was calling to see the amount of my new bill. I called last week to see and the young lady told to hold on, her name was Kalyan, she came to the phone and told me she had good news for me that I wasn't going to have to pay the last four payments since it was almost paid for but I looked on my bill and I saw I was still being charged. I called today 2/14 and was told that it wasn't true. I feel like they should stand by what I was told. I will not buy anything else nor will I recommend them to anyone else Karen ** also I have been with them for many yrs.

They will overcharge you and your bill will be even more each month and when you call them to fix it they will put you on hold forever and then the phone cuts off and then you have to call them again. I've been doing this each month and still don't fix my bill like they promised, I can't wait until my contract is done and I'm going back to Sprint, because if I stay with them I need therapy just because of them. They will put you through stressful.

AT&T has the worst customer service ever. Since October of 2015 I have the service and every month I have to call to fixed my bill. Their customer service will tell you that they resolve the situation and the credit will be added to the next bill. I just call again to fixed my bill and they toll me to call tomorrow and disconnected me. Now my bill is late so they can charge for a late fee. If you go the store they don't want to help you. Because they have a contract with you are at their terms. I will never recommend this company. I will tell all my friends and family not to use this service.

I had to relocate to NH from VT and needed to cancel my DirecTV. The Condo Association did not allow dishes. While canceling I asked the associate if since not allowing dishes was out of my control would the early cancellation fee of $280 be waived. He told me 'Yes', since the circumstance was out of my control the fee would be waived. For some reason the RMA kit to return equipment didn't get done. I had to call them again. I checked with a different associate about the cancellation fee and she assured me the fee would be waived.

About 2 weeks later I received a bill for the early cancellation. I immediately called and spoke to numerous people, supervisors and managers to no avail. They did not know why on 2 different occasions I was told by their associates the fee would be waived. I was so upset. If the first associate had told me during the first phone call the fee could not be waived then it would have been unfortunate but I would have accepted it. Their associates lied and the company does not stand behind what is said. I canceled my service that day and went to another company. I called AT&T wireless and told them I wanted my final bill. I was told there would not be any charges. Again another untrained associate. Of course there is a charge for the unpaid portions of the contract. Just another lie and untrained associate in their system. AT&T stinks and I am glad I canceled. Thank you.

Threating to shut off my 3.0 DSL internet access unless I upgrade in 30 days which will end my low income AT&T/BellSouth $5 per month internet service. I thought I could keep my current service until 2020. I had it only 8 months. Can they turn off my currently paid AT&T internet access??? I do not want to move/change my current internet. It is good enough for me and affordable. I am on SSI/disability of $735/mo & some Food Stamps which qualified me for the internet service I currently have. Must I really have to give it up or can I fight this injustice in some manner??? I need to know what to do before I try to deal with the sales dept as that is the number they told me to call by/before March 14-2017 which is 877-377-1686. I also have pre-paid MagicJack VoIP Service on this current DSL Service for over 3 years, so my line phone will be turned off along with 911 service if they shut off my wired DSL internet service. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

I switched my personal account over to my business account in September 2016 and was told that I would have to change numbers (huge inconvenience) and also pay everything off, which I did. I started receiving bills for my old account two months later and after repeated unsuccessful attempts to get it through to their completely incompetent customer service personnel, I asked to speak with a manager and was instantly told that they were all on other lines. After not receiving a bill in January 2017, I hoped that maybe they had finally figured it out but instead received a collections letter in February over a $62 bill that only exists due to their incompetence. BEWARE!!

I was first in contact with a AT&T sales rep at a Walmart whom promised me a gift card and cheaper service. The tv internet and phone let's just say it was too good to be true. I signed up for the service and canceled my Comcast triple service. First the installation guy came and only connected tv and said the internet and telephone guy is coming in an hour. That guy still to this day still hasn't come so I contacted corporate office which told me I never signed up for those services. Mind you I have the paperwork and said that they would have to check my credit again to get the services.

Two days later my on demand was not working. I called they tell me that I have to pay for wifi in order to get on demand, something I was never advised. I requested to speak with a supervisor. The lady would not allow me to speak with one whatsoever. She kept going back and forth with me. This was very unacceptable. How hard is it to get a supervisor on the line. This is the worst customer service ever and I do not do reviews but I really had to do this one. I still have not heard from a supervisor and I canceled my service. They were then happy to cancel my service. They did not say sorry for all the lies or anything. The rep that I spoke with was very very very rude. I honestly could not believe that this was a company. Just so everyone knows PLEASE NEVER CHOOSE DIRECTV NOR AT&T IT'S THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

Nov 1st I purchased a new S7 phone and new service with AT&T. Two weeks later the new phone started acting up intermittently by not connecting calls and not sending texts. Service said it was the SIM card and replaced it. It worked for 2 months and then started the same thing. They replaced SIM again but that didn't work. Now they want to give me a refurbished phone to replace the 3 month old new one that I am paying over $700 for. If I had wanted refurbished I could have bought one for a lot less... Total ripoff. I bought the phone from AT&T, pay AT&T, signed loan papers with AT&T but now they say Samsung won't let them give me a new phone... Bull. You sold it to me, you need to do what is right. Going to be a long 2 years with this kind of start. Time our government protected consumers.

Absolutely horrible... someone changed my password so tried to reset it and it didn't work. Had to call them. They say the foreigners are better with tech but no they are not. I am American and a whiz at it. They can't understand English and that is all that is at these call centers - ridiculous! After an hour on the phone and transferred to 4 people they wanted me to yet call a different number. Told them to go to hell and will create a new email account with a different provider!

Customer Service HELL. Why does it take THOUSANDS of times of repeating over and over and over again the SAME information. It takes forever to get to the right issue, you cannot simply push 1 or 2 for yes or no, you have to wait for the recorded prompt to tell you, "that isn't necessary, I can understand..." I have been on the phone now for 20 minutes, "can you confirm the number associated with this account...." Two minutes later, "the phone number with this account is what?" They have ALL of my information, every bit of it in front of them, there is no reason that they should ask and reconfirm over and over again the same information. Then they tell you to log onto myatt.com (whatever) that is never able to work. I had paperless billing, trying to get the detail, "yes ma'am the reason you don't have the detail is because you have opted for paperless billing... " Shoot me now, these people are IDIOTS!!!

AT&T International Charges: AT&T charged nearly $4/min to call Bangladesh while you could call free when you use wifi. When I called the customer service to give me a bit of credit due to this outrageous charges, Debbie and Brandon said (02072017 at 4:43 PM) they wouldn't adjust the price because I canceled the account. What the billing has to do with canceling AT&T services? These days you could even call Bangladesh for a nickel at most. Though I used only two days before I canceled the AT&T services, they charged $8 for Universal Service Charge as if I used their services for the entire month, so it wasn't prorated.

I returned my iPhone 7 Plus and tablet on November 28, 2016 USPS showing package "Tendered to Returns Agent" which is Newgistics. I have seen numerous complained by AT&T customers regarding similar Issue. I called AT&T reps multiple times and I was given case number multiple times during 2 months long period. Every time after deadline of Case resolution date I contact AT&T to check status and I was told case was CLOSED due to incorrect tracking number. I provided the correct tracking number and I was able track it through USPS that it's delivered to Newgistics. I tried to track my package through http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/ and for few weeks I can see the status as "In Transit" even I returned my package on last week of November.

Now I am not even able to track my package on same website (http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/). It's showing error that "No tracking information found for the following tracking value". Looks like website removes tracking record after certain time. I was told by AT&T to pay my bill of 1042 past due which includes 917$ for iPhone which I returned but didn't received by AT&T Warehouse. I would like to file a complain for this unprofessional and horrible customer service and need help to get my REFUND. Hopefully Justice will be served and AT&T will be punished for this horrible customer service.

I have had AT&T most of my adult life. I had both U-verse and Directv as well as phone service. Never had an issue (besides the rising monthly satellite bill) til now. I had 2 phones and an iPad with unlimited data. My service was about $170 a month. We added another phone in December. Now all the sudden my bill jumped up to $444 a month.

When I called to ask why they told me they are not only charging me $60 a month "access fee" for unlimited data, they are also charging each device $40 a month for the unlimited data. None of that was disclosed to us when we added the line and somehow adding one phone made my bill jump $270 more a month with the same unlimited data plan we already had. Needless to say I am changing my provider. I just want people to be aware before they decide to become AT&T's next victim.

Do not use this phone company in any case under any circumstances. Being without a phone at all is much better than AT&T. I have been using AT&T for 4 years now. I bought many new devices and every single time I had a worst experience. I was new in the country and I came as a student, so I was recommended to AT&T which I wish I had not. First time I bought a phone with them they told me monthly charge would be 67 per month. But they kept charging different amounts starting from 120 to 400 per month. When I would call to ask them why they charged me they would make up some ridiculous things and tell me. I believed them and kept paying that high amount.

Recently I switched to a go phone, thinking that it will be better and cheaper. Their service sucks. Mobile data is extremely slow. Most places I travel to has no signal. They switched off my service telling me they have some dispute with the charge back as my bank gave them a notice of fraud charges on my card. I called my bank to see what was going on. They said there have been no claims regarding AT&T. I called AT&T back and the lady Sofiana or something (charge back supervisor) told me that the dispute was not solved from their side and it has not been cleared so they will not start my service. They told me this after being on hold for 1 hour after calling them 6 times in a day. So, no matter how desperate you might be for a phone, find another phone company. Don't use AT&T. I am extremely dissatisfied with everything including customer service and network services.

I never complain about any companies on here but AT&T is the worst lying company I have ever dealt with. We added a line with our own phone to Jason's bill. They told us it would be 155 a month for both (alone Jasons was 115). A twenty dollar activation one time fee would be added to it... Then a woman calls us a day after we added the line and tells us we can bundle our internet, cell, and if we switch to DirecTV we will get a huge discount. The bill for all would like like 170! Explained it all, even called us back the next day!

So we get DirecTV a week later and call our internet. They don't and have never bundled with DirecTV!!! It's a lie AT&T uses all the time!!! So no discount there! Awesome! I called AT&T and talked to two separate people, one was supposed to call back- never did. The other offered to give us ten dollars a month off. Then we get our first cell phone bill $238- never got the ten off either... So I call AT&T knowing they will act oblivious. The woman was so rude, went down the list of fees (for some reason Jason's phone needs to be reactivated for $21, even though it was never shut down) and wouldn't let me speak. I explained we just wanted what was told to us and this is like the third lie we were told. She takes off $25... yea that fixes it. Never will work with them again.

Had to call AT&T Customer Service again due to intermittent connectivity issues. This is the second time this month. This time around the service center could not even help us with our issue due to an internal outage. About 2 weeks ago, customer service claimed that our issue was our modem. Several hours later we notice a crew outside our neighborhood, due to an outage. Over the last 2 years we have experienced outages that were intermittent, lasted a couple hours up to lasting over a week, when they sent a third party contractor to replace the termination point and the severed the connection. Very poor service.

We have been an AT&T customer for many years -- 30+? We have 3 home lines, fax line, 2 cell lines, 1 mobile wifi, U-verse Internet, and now DirecTV; clearly we pay a lot of money to AT&T monthly. Last Fall we were traveling on business and activated a passport program for our mobile lines -- or so we thought. When we received the bill, our out of country charges were over $900! What happened to the passport program.

After being tossed around to numerous customer service reps, we talked with "Jeremy" who fixed the problem. He credited the amount and we paid the revised amount. We thought all was fine... Not so. Instead the credit was never entered and we have been lost in the "customer-service" black hole. We have spent hours over the last few weeks trying to get it resolved. Numerous AT&T people have said they "will have it fixed tomorrow," yet nothing happens. That's not true, they suspended our mobile phone service today! We have had it with AT&T -- we plan to cancel EVERYTHING and move to Verizon or whomever.

I contacted AT&T after our move to inquire about the unlimited data plan and DirecTV bundling packages. We signed up for the bundle after being offered a promotion including a $300 visa gift card and a free tablet. We really weren't ready to make a decision but we were told several times that this was a one-day promotion that would be lost if we didn't sign up that day. This was early December. My 5-year-old has checked the mailbox daily since then eagerly awaiting the tablet we promised her. By mid-January neither had arrived so I "chatted" online with customer service. I was assured that both would be sent by January 25th. I have this in writing. When I called again today and spent over an hour being transferred around and "disconnected" I was told this promotion never existed. I am now stuck in a 2-year contract with no recourse. AT&T is unbelievable. They blatantly lied to us. I am so disappointed.

Cell phone wireless Contracts & Asurion Insurance - Simply put, AT&T lied about the contracts, the amount to be paid. Their deceptive "Buy one get one free" wireless phones. They don't tell you the insurance paid on a phone goes to a different Company called Asurion, which wants blood to get a replacement phone although you pay on time every month. You pay off The financed balance after 3 months and then they tell you that you still owe for the free phone! Don't waste your time with AT&T.

This Galaxy S7 is supposed to be compatible with AT&T SERVICE!!! But it only receives 3g signal. And not the 4G signal that I am paying for!!! Truth in advertising is a must when selling to the public! This company lied about the phone!!! And this company does not tell the truth in advertising!!!

AT&T is forcing my mother to pay $1500 to change her plan and/or close her account. It is outrageous! I recently found out that my mother was behind on her phone/cable bills. She is paying AT&T $380 for Uverse Cable/Mobile phone and missed Dec payment while also been one month behind. Her last payment was at the end of November. First, who charges a 70 year old woman that amount of money for phone services these days? I immediately called and spoke with a Supervisor who was very friendly and agreed to assist in resolving the outstanding balance with a payment plan, change her plan to something affordable and restore services. The issue was she didn't know her security PIN. Unfortunately, 3 days later after going into a store to change the PIN, we called back to pay $500 down, change her plan to something reasonable, and set up the arrangement to pay off the balance.

This time, we got a very rude AT&T Supervisor. First he refused to acknowledge that we had previously spoken to another Supervisor and insisted that AT&T will not help in ANY WAY. She owes AT&T and must pay in FULL. My mother then asked since she has not been able to use her mobile phone for a few days if AT&T will still be charging her until she can come up with the full amount. The exact response from the AT&T supervisor was that she will still be billed if her services were suspended and if she takes more than a month to pay it off. His response was, "Ma'am, we will continue to charge you even if services are suspended. And if you don't pay $1500, we will terminate all services with you. If you don't want to owe us, I can terminate your services today!"

Now get this, I was on the call and prepared to pay AT&T $500 today and work with whatever he was willing to do. Including keeping the services off. But our main concern was 2-more months of $380 is RIDICULOUS! I am with T-Mobile and I have always been able to work out payment arrangements if I cannot come up with the entire month's payment. My mom is attached to her home phone and number. So this is really frustrating her that she will lose it if she doesn't pay AT&T $1500 in two weeks. And she will also owe AT&T for another $380 next month. This is very very wrong. AT&T does not benefit in ANY WAY forcing my mother to pay this amount of money. They will only lose her, my entire family and anyone that finds out in our family they are doing this to her.

I was on a promotion that ended in January. They told me last September that I would get a better promotion in January. Instead they didn't have a new promotion so I canceled and went with Cox and now they are charging me an early termination fee that I never agreed to. The guy that signed me up for the three month promotion in jail in September said, "Don't worry. In January you'll get a great deal," and my deal was that I had to pay 250 a month and they had no promotions. I will never deal with AT&T again.

I have been a AT&T customer for over 20 years, finally decided I had enough of their crappy undertrained personnel. When I decided to cancel the service they had issues with everything then from calling them to personally driving 45 minutes to a "main home store" to speak to them in person twice, plus two store managers, after talking to 8 different people. Three of which were in a management roles. Not two people had the same story. I can see why people have so many complaints from this company. Terrible, terrible.

My issue was getting my two phones unlocked with a paid in full, $30 EVEN PAID OVER. Account, bottom line they don't want me to take my phones with me to a better cell phone service, so if I sold them they would still be linked to this company. No way would I ever do anybody like that, I wouldn't recommend AT&T to anyone! Everything is all lovely while you pay your bill and don't call them with any questions or when you want to change or cancel service. It's always going to be in their favor. I've been waiting on them 8 days now for unlock codes with nothing done yet. They need to be reported to better trade commission!

It was just before Christmas when I went to the AT&T store on N Broadway in Hicksville. My daughter is going to a private high school in the fall and I was looking to get new phones and lower my costs by switching from Verizon to another carrier. I explained to the salesperson, **, that I had two iPhones (5Ss) and was sharing 4GB for $170 with Verizon and I was looking to lower my costs and exchange the phones for newer models. "No problem" he said. A short time later I get a bill for $329.

The costs for the phones were not what we had discussed, not even in the same ballpark. In addition the salesperson stated they had a promotion for becoming a new customer, and that I could purchase an iPad Mini 2 for $50 for each phone I purchased. The iPad Mini 2 is not the latest model, which is the iPad Mini 4, but it seemed like a good deal and would make a good Christmas present. I also got one for myself.

What the salesperson neglected to make clear is that each iPad required a cellular package, which I neither asked for or wanted, the idea was to reduce costs not increase. Also, if I was getting a device with a cellular connection I would have set it up in the store and made sure it was working before leaving, but the salesperson never offered or mentioned setting up a cellular connection on the iPads.

In addition, my Contacts and Calendar were lost during the initial setup of the phones by the salesperson. Both iPhones share the same Apple ID but there are two distinct named backups on iCloud. Of course my daughters came out perfectly but on my iPhone I got my apps, pics, music and background image but my daughters Contacts and Calendar. I was able to get my work Contacts and Calendar back a couple of days later at work but the salesperson somehow saved this setup to my iCloud backup so I had to recreate my personal Contacts and Calendar appointments from scratch. It created a tremendous amount of work and frustration.

The main thing, though is AT&T's coverage was horrible. I only got one or two bars in my own home, I was like the guy in the old Verizon commercials constantly saying can you hear now? The only place I saw a full 5 bars was in the AT&T store. I commute to work and would normally catch up on my emails on the train but I couldnt download them on the LIRR. In Jamaica I only got 2 bars.

AT&T sent me a video bill for my first bill which I could not view on their cellular network. I also had trouble setting up a MyAT&T account. I had to call to actually get my bill. Nothing worked and they were disinterested in helping. The poor quality of the service, the incompetence and I believe dishonesty I encountered in my original purchase in combination with the total lack of interest in assisting me I finally reached a point where I just wanted out. I returned the phones and iPads within the 14 day grace period, but I still had to pay restocking fees ($45 x4) for all the devices and additional costs. The iPads were returned sealed in the original packaging, having never been opened, used, activated, or breathed upon but still required the restocking fees. And thats just it, they know once they get you its costly to get out, I think that was my original salespersons MO.

However, my concerns about the incompetence and total lack of caring on the part of AT&T employees was confirmed when I kept receiving bills because the cellular plans for the iPhones were cancelled by the salesperson but the cellular plans for the iPads, which I never wanted in the first place, were not. Since then I have called up and spoken to several people at AT&T and the issue is still not resolved and its a month later. One of the AT&T customer support people I spoke to stated they would wipe out the bill and offered me a discounted DirecTV package to make up for all of the inconvenience and aggravation, but apparently that person didnt tell anyone else at AT&T.

Now it seems even though I returned the devices within the 14 day return window and have a receipt for the restocking fees, they have now entered the contract phase and AT&T wanted me to pay off the two year contract for both to get out of the plans. Obviously its their mistake, it just means many more hours, most on hold, speaking to AT&T customer support staff who could not care less.

On top of that I had to buy my daughter an iPad for Christmas. A very costly lesson learned, not just the amount of financial loss, but the hours lost, the tremendous inconvenience and the aggravation are also factors. So my advice to you is avoid AT&T at all costs, because IT WILL COST YOU, one way or the other.

And if you happen to be in the Hicksville area definitely avoid the store at 350 N Broadway, Jericho, NY 11753, and whatever you do, do not have anything to do with AT&T salesperson **, who from my experience and in my opinion is dishonest and incompetent. He deceived me on the costs, lost my Contacts and Schedule, saved his mistake overwriting my iCloud backup and failed to close out the iPad cellular accounts when I returned the equipment. Basically every part of my interaction with him was a failure, he didnt do a good job, he wasnt honest and upfront and he cost me a lot of money. And thats my AT&T experience. Good luck to you.

ATT wireless does not explain all the steps you need to do before you switch making it very difficult to give you the money they say they will to pay for you to switch over to them... Even when I've called in they come up with every excuse to give you the runaround. They want you to produce a old carrier bill when you're paperless and don't make notes to your account. I've called in concerning my account, bottom line ATT wireless lie to you and don't explain, so I'll be leaving ATT, the switch is not worth the HASSLE!!!

AT&T Wireless customers for 15+ years. Recently switched our unlimited data plan to a shared data plan to save money. While in-store, I was offered an ipad mini for $50 and was told it could access the shared data for $10 per month. After barely using the data I tried to cancel the service, only to be told I agreed to a 2 year contract of data service on the ipad. This was never discussed in-store and their sales rep knowingly hid this information to make the sale. I asked for them to void the contract so I could stop the data today and they refused. We were completely taken advantage of by this sales rep and AT&T did nothing to help the situation. Needless to say we will be switching providers ASAP. Be careful of what AT&T tries to sell you! Total racket.

AT&T has the worst insurance and phone replacement program I've ever dealt with and as soon as I'm done paying my phone off I'm leaving. When I first purchased my phone I was given the option of adding insurance on for a certain monthly payment; I was either lied to about the deductibles or they changed the prices without notifying their customers, both bad. I was told that if I needed to replace my phone before six months had passed it would be $150, if it had been six months to a year it'd be $100, and if it had been a year it would be $50.

Recently my phone was dropped and it shattered, and when I called to get a replacement, after having had the phone for over two years, was told that it would be $225, with a discount that brought it down to $150. I'm very irritated that the prices were changed (or I was lied to by the sales associate on the floor) and I agreed to pay it, only because I can't afford to purchase a new phone immediately. I plan on receiving this new phone, making a large final payment to pay it off, then I'm going to cancel my plan and bring my new phone with me to a new service. I'm also VERY irritated that the replacement I was sent was a refurbished phone; I don't pay insurance to be given a phone that was already working incorrectly or broken.

I find the insurance program tedious and inconsiderate to their customers; you have to do it either online or over the phone (no in-store help), which is funny because I thought I was also paying for the convenience of not having to deal with the insurance people myself. It confuses me as to why I would pay through AT&T to have to handle all of the insurance myself, instead of just going to a separate company and insuring the phone for less. I use my phone for my work and need it, so I also find it irritating that I have to wait for a new phone to be mailed to me; if I'm a customer in good standing that has been paying insurance I believe I should be able to walk in store and leave with a new phone replacement instead of having to wait days for a functioning device.

When the device arrived, the final irritating (though minor) thing is that they place a sticker directly on the back of the phone that leaves residue (a LOT) when removed, so I had to spend my time scrubbing my (refurbished) "new" phone so that my finger didn't stick to it every time I picked it up. A tiny detail that just managed to push the entire experience into a frothing, rage inducing experience that makes me want to shoot myself in the head rather than be a continued customer of this company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I have a Galaxy S6 phone. In October 2016 my phone had a update that cause multiple problems including but not limited to a failure to take a charge. After hours on the phone with Customer Service they determined that it needed replaced and is under warranty. They replaced with a refurbished phone that was equally problematic. This went on for 3 phones. On the last phone, when I sent my phone in they billed me 506 for damages. (Yes, it could have been damaged in mail -- however was fine when it left me.) I do have insurance and had the phone been damaged I would have obviously used my insurance instead of opting for the inconvenience of the warranty.

Now I do need a phone. However I do not want to keep a refurbished phone of a problematic brand for $506 when I could purchase a new, better brand for slightly more. I asked that I return the refurbished phone they provided and just cut my losses and purchase a new phone, and they will not agree. I find this completely unacceptable. If they had sent a working phone the first 2 times, I wouldn't be having this problem. How can they force me to purchase a refurbished phone at a gouging price when I do not want it??? Terrible customer service, inappropriate charges, and failing to stand behind their products is a sad way to operate.

I enrolled in the promotional AT&T Next Plan to get my iPhone7 with the trade in of my iPhone 6s. The 6 worked great but with an increase of $5/month with a new phone, why not?! My phone was encased in a waterproof case all around - what could be the problem? Once I received my 7 I followed the instructions to return the 6. The worker at the AT&T store was wonderful. She provided tips and advice about what I would see on my bill and when to expect a bill adjustment. She checked my phone for water damage at that time and declared no signs of damage that they look for.

After 5 months of no bill adjustment, I called the company to find out about what happened with my iPhone 6. They could not tell me that they could find my 6. But they created a case log to follow. 2 weeks later, still nothing. I called back. I was then told that the case was entered incorrectly but now routed correctly and should be able to find the 6. He gave me a new deadline to work toward. The deadline came and went.

This week I received a message that the case has been resolved but could not find a message on my account so had to call the company again. Yet, another person to say they did know the outcome but to visit the site of where I purchased the phone to ask them/the district manager to track the phone. I was over it at that point but if this last move would reduce my phone bill $32/month I was in. I called the company and finally was able to talk with someone who could track my 6. He then declared that there was water damage in my phone therefore not eligible for the trade-in value. I do not recommend you get into this plan. At least anticipate "water damage" issues and plan to pay for the full cost of the phone. My 6 was just fine. I am pissed that I was dubbed into a new plan with more expenses unnecessarily. Never again. Signed, Very angry long time customer.

The facts are my daughter went on a Norwegian cruise in December leaving Port Canaveral, FL on 12/17/16 for six nights returning on 12/23/16 to Port Canaveral, FL. Prior to going on the cruise we visited our local Apple Store to inquire about settings so she would not incur roaming and data charges. She turned all the applicable settings suggested by Apple OFF ON HER PHONE, on 12/17/16 upon boarding the ship. Note: from 12/17/16 until 12/20/16 she had no data usages at all on her phone NONE! After four days on the cruise she utilized the already paid for wifi access included in her cruise package and on 12/20/16 sent me one text to let me know she was fine/safe and having a great time. After that one text her phone was charged for data on 12/22/16 at 9:49p for $35.87 and at 11:33p for $115.90. Then on 12/23/16 at 2:33a for $25.73 and at 4:25a for $0.50.

The question I ask is why when all of the setting was put back in place on 12/20/16 after sending that one text was she suddenly hit with data charges for 12/22/16 and 12/23/16? Prior to 12/20/16 AT&T had no knowledge she was on an international cruise, once they were aware she was hit with data charges. NO ONE in your company can explain why this happened? How can she be in port on 12/17/16 with all settings off on her phone and go until 12/20/16 with no charges? Certainly these data charges once she sent the text seem suspicious. And I believe once AT&T knew she was on international waters they chose to send messages and data to increase this phone bill and their bottom line. This seems like a shameful business practice and I still state I should not be charged for any of these charges.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.
  • Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.
  • Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.
  • Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.
  • Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.
  • Best for AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Compare Prepaid Phones