AT&T Wireless
1.61/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5759 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have more than 5 accounts with this garbage At&t company. Every account I have with this guy is a nightmare when I get monthly bills. They keep on changing my bills without any reason and every time I call them they keep on passing me to different reps until I get tired and pay the bill. They ruined my credit last year over equipment returning fees and had me pay that amount twice already while I was in store trying to get second line for my sister under my plan. They had me pay the amount and told me I won’t be able to add a line so I walked away from the store feeling like I was being ripped off! And guess what they just called me tonight from collection company asking for same amount again. People please don’t get your service from At&t. This company has no sense of morality at all. This is a robbery in daylight. I’m considering suing this company at this point.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

On January 31, 2018 I ordered phone and internet service from AT&T. I ordered two phones, however when AT&T sent the phones they sent them to the wrong address. After a week I spoke with no less than 7 representatives to explain I have not received the phones or my internet service so I cancelled the order. Even though they acknowledged the phones were sent to a different address and not mine they still insisted that I have to pay for the phones. I contacted AT&T’s fraud department; they did their due diligence and stated the phones were sent to the wrong address and they would take care of the problem and I am not responsible for the mistake.

Several weeks past and I received emails from AT&T billing department stating I owe for the phones. I contacted AT&T and explained that I never received phones or internet but they stated they could remove the problem if I reinstated with AT&T. I refused and called the fraud department again, they said their department was not responsible and sent me back to the department that transferred me. This time I did an online chat with a representative. I attached the online conversations in which the representative assured me along with her supervisor the problem had been resolved and I was no longer obligated to AT&T. However, since September I have received calls from Sun Rise Services, a collection agency who has threaten to place this on my credit report if it is not paid in full by November 18.

I contacted AT&T again via online live help to explain the situation, after texting with two representatives and a supervisor they gave me another number to call. I decided to do a review because I am not obligated to AT&T and now the collection agency is threating to place this on my credit in a week. I am requesting your help in this matter and I thank you in advance to whatever can be done.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

AT&T loyal customer 30 years, I have medical issues and the bills started coming. I called all my monthly accounts for lower price options. AT&T gave me a great deal called Fiber Every Day One Price/ Internet Basic Three 2yr. price guaranteed with 3 qualifying products. This saved me $140 a month. I received the confirmation e-mail. They billed me correctly for a few months then my bill started going up a few dollars every month. On the 11 month my bill increased $140. I started calling the customer service line. The first call was over was 3 hours, that included 2 dropped calls. The supervisor told me he could not receive e-mail. I need to go to an AT&T store, gave directions to a store. Show them the e-mail. Have them call service line and confirm the e-mail. I went to the store. They explained the service center does this all time but they are not able to help.

That store directed me to another city to a corporate store. I went to this store. After 4 hour on the phone 3 dropped calls, they told the representative nothing could be done. They would have someone call me back. "Wait until they call before you pay current bill." A week later no call, so I e-mailed AT& T cooperation customer service with my cell phone # and home phone. I received a voice message and I have been called that number back twice a week for the six weeks. I e-mailed again and no one has called going on three months. I am not sure what to do next.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I switched from Verizon to AT&T because of their “promotion” buy one phone get one free. Plus I was told I would get a $200 credit per each number I switched over (4), and a $250 credit per phone if we traded our phones in, a Visa gift card to pay off our last Verizon bill and $15 off of our monthly DirecTV bill. This promotion was in August. In September I received a bill for almost $700! I immediately called and the rep told me it takes 1-2 billing cycles for the promotion to go into effect. She said my next bill should be $0. The next month I paid $243 and now I am being charged $332 for this month.

I am still paying for the 2nd phone (of the buy one get one free) and I have NOT received ANY of the credits and discounts they offered me. Given all of the negative reviews and the lies and the extremely high bills, I think a class action lawsuit is due. I never had this problem with Verizon and the only reason I switched was because of the promotion and the savings I was “supposed” to get but have not. DO NOT SWITCH TO AT&T!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I am with AT&T already 10+ years. They change your plan without even asking you! Twice! Overcharging and trying to get more money from you by adding some new things. People always check your bill! Be careful! Switching to Sprint next month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Hi, my name is Wilson, ph **. I purchase 4 phones for the Father's Day promotion this coming June 2018, and the promotions was buy one and get one free. Also I bought an iPhone x and they give another free- that is not true, since service start they start charging for all 4 phones. Trying to call customer service but they covered with the same blanket, always trying to lie constantly. Also they charge too much money for the service and the service is really bad. I enforce the company to said the true to their customers and please don't cheat them, because are going to lose all the customers. I will start a process with the consumer report in Texas trying to recovery the money that they took from me. Don't believe on promotion that they advertise on TV. Always they lie to all their customers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have been overbilled for the last 6 months to an issue that the salesman at the AT&T store made it look like I had purchased a phone and he must of kept it and when was caught returned it as it was found months later... But with that said AT&T and the store have made me go back and forth between them for the last 6 months. And today I open my bill and I am getting charged the remainder of the contract 743.97 because I BROKE MY CONTRACT!! Wow!! Be careful. Read your bill... They will try to get away with it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Not even worth explaining the pure disappoint in such a big company. The only reason people have AT&T is because it's cheaper than Verizon and please listen loud and clear PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND STICK WITH VERIZON. This company has truly given me gray hairs. I get credits to my account every month yet half of the time it "doesn’t make it in time for the billing cycle" so every month my bill is incredibly wrong and I call minimum 2 times a month, and on top of that no one is trained on how to read a bill. No one knows anything and because of that nothing is resolved resulting in constant phone calls chasing a resolution.

Currently on their online chat and all I want to know is when my credits are going to hit my account because yet again, I overpaid for the month. I have been transferred to the 6th agent about 3 minutes ago who is yet again "looking into it" and I have been waiting for a simple response for over an hour. I can't explain the excitement in words for this contract to be up and quite frankly I am excited and more than willing to go back to Verizon - even if that means my bill doubles. And I am not exaggerating in the slightest bit.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I spent 2-1/2 hours yesterday afternoon trying to get an iPhone 7 on my AT&T plan either replaced or upgraded because it has the same problem many, many other people are having, the speaker quit working after the update to 11.3. AT&T refused to do either because our phone was a buy one, get one deal. We could pay the total price for the phone and the $350 fee to then fix the phone or they would give us a Samsung Galaxy to replace the phone for free. Between a rock and a hard place. After the phone call I did some research. When we purchased our phones I bought 2 iPhone 7s and an iPhone 8, 1 iPhone 7 for me that I have not had issues with, an 8 for my grandson and the other 7 (the free one) for my granddaughter which is the trouble phone.

When I bought the phones I asked for insurance on all 3, unbeknownst to me they only put it on mine and the 8, they told me on the phone yesterday that they didn’t put insurance on the one because it was free and already covered with one year warranty. I believe I was misled by AT&T when buying the phones, and now they are not wanting to stand behind a known problem with the iPhone 7. However, by offering the free Samsung I have to send back the iPhone 7 which they will refurb for a small price and get money back out of the phone. My ‘free’ phone cost me nothing but headaches.

AT&T comes out ahead as does Apple and meanwhile we are stuck with a phone we don’t want. As soon as our ‘contract’ is done in May, we are done with AT&T after doing business with them for many, many years. And don’t even ask about our bad experience with AT&T’s Sister company, DirecTV who promised us a $200 gift card upon sign up which we never received. After several phone calls I was told yesterday that we didn’t go online to claim our gift card so it was our own fault. So much for honesty in corporate America.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

AT&T's business practices are lousy and so are their systems. I was a wireless AT&T customer under my corporate account. My phone was paid for. I called to switch to a personal AT&T wireless service and AT&T said they had to unlock my phone. They were happy to do that while I waited on the phone call (from my house phone). Instantly, I had personal AT&T service. I was not aware that they re-locked my phone even though I had no contract. Now over a year later when I want to change my service for my iPhone7+, their automated system won't let me. It says my phone is locked and I have a contract. But att.net validates I DO NOT have a contract.

Now after 3 phone calls to AT&T customer service (2 hours of my Saturday), they send me to tech support who says they will submit a ticket and it will take 48 hours to unlock. I asked to speak to a supervisor because I want it unlocked NOW, just like when I was switching to AT&T personal service. They said they can't do that and all the supervisors are on other calls and they will not prioritize unlocking the phone anyway. FCC - please keep active competition in the wireless business so companies like AT&T and the other lousy behemoths ultimately die out as they should.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs