AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless Reviews

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Before traveling to Canada, I stopped in to affirm that out cellular plan would work while on vacation in the Canadian Rockies. The service rep checked and assured me that using our phones would be "just like we were at home". Four days into the trip I received a message about excess data usage...five days into the trip my data usage was blocked. Not at all what I was expecting.

Upon returning home I went to inquire about the problem. Miguel, who had assisted me before (he is friendly, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to help clients), did a quick check and said I'd have to wait until all the charges from that billing period had come though. Based on his check he stated that it appeared that any problem was an error on AT&T's part. The bill arrives - over $1,200!

I'm going to shorten the story...Miguel and the staff at the store spent hours (I was at the store for over 4 hours trying to resolve the problem with their help) supporting my claim that the excess charges were AT&T's responsibility and needed to be adjusted accordingly. With Miguel's help and support the billed amount was changed in accordance with what I had originally expected. Thanks to all their help...I'm very pleased!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I switch from Sprint (Sept. the 19th. 2019) because of the coverage that AT&T offer. While in the store with preparing to move 3 lines over, the rep. said that the activation frees would be waived. Six days later I got my bill and it showed that I was being charge $90.00 dollars for activating my 3 lines. I went back to the store and tried to get the fees taken off, and of course they would not do it.

After a while, I called in to At&t customer service and a new door of kindness opened up. Gretchen **. (the customer service rep.) took care of all the issues that I was have. I could not get all the fees removed, but enough to make me add another line to my account, with no activation fees.. "Gretchen, being a business owner I would like to say that the customer service that I received from you today was the best service that I have ever received in my life. Thank you for being understanding, and most of all, thank you for your 25 year of service with At&t"...

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My cell phone was heating up and not keeping the charge. Went into the store and was told I would have to replace the phone. The AT&T tech, Garret **, asked me if I had insurance on the phone, which I did. He told me the web page to go on and told me it would cost about $120. He told me to bring the new phone in and he would take care of transferring everything to the new phone. It took one day and phone came. Took the new phone into the store and Garret did everything for me. I was very impressed as everyone in that store was helpful and did not try and sell me a new phone, which they could have, as I did not know about the insurance covering it. I will recommend that store in Palos Hts to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I changed my service to unlimited talk/text on the last day of my billing cycle. Somehow there was a double billing amount when I looked online to see my current payment. I went back to store (Pleasant Prairie, WI) and they were able to explain what happened and change to the correct amount. I realize billing sometimes doesn't factor everything in when you first get the bill, but I was assured I will pay what I expected to pay. Thanks to District Mgr. Mike and my store rep Derek. They both took the time to explain how the billing works. It was pleasure working with both Derek and Mike. I was a previous Verizon customer, and 30 months ago I switched over and I'm glad I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I originally got services end of 2017. Everything was wonderful. Super satisfied until May 2018. I called to see what options I had as I had to move due to a car accident and my parents already had services with AT&T. I made it clear I wasn't going back to the old address with original rep. She advised to put services on hold so I did. She said it was good for 6 months. 3 months in I was sent a bill as if I had restored services called and was given some ** answer and was told pay the bill it would fix itself. It never did. Called back and was told the account was being resuspended for me. Come to find out it never was. Then I got another bill today 2/6/2019 for $110 again they reactivated the services AGAIN.

I called and was livid kept getting this Asian woman that spoke horrible English and understood it even less until I was transferred to ED from Missouri who knew what he was talking about, made sense and got everything taken care off. I did have to cancel my account and will have to reactivate all over when I get to my place and there is a small fee to cancel but that's ok as he explained everything thoroughly and clearly and to where I understood and it made sense. HE and ONLY him restored my faith in AT&T and because of him I will come back once settled into my own spot. Thank you Ed for your upstanding customer service and customer relation skills. You are a real star of the AT&T team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I just got ripped off by ATT Prepaid service! I paid my bill last week, which is supposed to carry my service through til next month. I went online yesterday to look at other plan options. I looked at the $50 plan. It said I would have to pay $50 to switch. But since I just paid my bill I decided not to switch. When I tried to make a call 15min later my phone didn't work. When I called ATT, a foreigner answered and said I forfeited my service and I'd have to pay again to get my service back. I don't him I didn't switch plans and I just paid my bill last week. He said it doesn't matter, and if wanted my phone on again I had to pay again! STAY AWAY FROM ATT!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My name is Sandra ** and I'm been att customer for many years. I can't even remember how many I'm trying to move to another carrier since all the problems I'm having with att and I found the I CAN'T use my phone because att has it locked!!!! I bought my phone in a att store and pay cash for it $1050 for a galaxy s10+ and I can't use it in another carrier??? I try to contact customer service and no one can't help me. I literally been talking with att people all day and they said the I can't use it because belongs to att carrier?? How is that?? So I'm supposed to buy another phone and lose my $1050??? This is ridiculously!!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I'm on the auto paid $50.00 plan which is set to expire at 12noon on 11/18/2019. On 11/18/2019 about 12pm I tried to make an international call which rang out however, on checking I observed $2.00 plus was deducted from my account. I called customer service to inquire about the change and was told I would be charged a fee for the call, in addition I have to pay an additional $3.00 for the next months plan that I supposedly used while trying to make the call. This is unacceptable I'm switching!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I was sold an unlimited wireless plan for $45/month. Of course, I assumed another $10 for various fees and taxes. When I got my bill that was the case but there's also a $35 "ACCESS FEE"... that I was not told about, is not listed anywhere on the website for that plan or on the transcript of the chat I used to sign up for it. It's a MONTHLY recurring charge in addition to the $45 + fees that customer service has now told me is needed "in order for that unlimited plan to work on your phone." So that cool $45/ month unlimited plan will ACTUALLY cost you $101.09. This is how AT&T does business. Extremely shady business dealings, AT&T. This is literally a scam.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

My dad and I have been with this company for some years now. Always on time with our bill have paid thousands of dollars to this company. We pay extra for insurance through Assurion. It is pointless let me tell you and this company doesn't care. Instead of trying to care for their customers they will have the audacity to say it isn't their problem they cant do anything about it and try to upsell you another 600 dollar product. The last few years every device I have had to get through them has crapped out within a year. Not due to misuse or damage but due to faulty mechanisms and devices. Their service has gone to crap!!!!

Avoid going with this company at all costs if possible. I'm sure my dad and I will be switching at the end of this contract. 255 dollars a month and they could give a crap less about us as a customer or helping when they screw up!!! A tablet that was just replaced less than a year ago is bad. They say they cant replace it even though I pay insurance monthly for that reason. They offered a check to buy a new tablet that wouldn't cover a fraction of what a new tablet would cost. When I called and spoke with a manager at ATT they said they couldn't help and told me prices of buying a new one and when I explained how I was originally downgraded from my original tablet a Galaxy 3 to a Tab A then told they couldn't replace it. Still nothing. Then when he thought I hung up after ending the call I could hear the manager talking crap in the background... what he doesn't know is the call was recorded. Extremely poor customer service!!!!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs