1.81/5
Based on 900 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 23, 2018

5285 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

AT&T charged us several months for Apple watch service that never worked. I never was able to use the service on this watch. Even I thought it was never connected. According to them they connected the service but as I said it never worked. We called several times but nobody help us and they insisted in charging us for this service. We tried to talk with a supervisor named Katherine, employee ID ** but she was very rude, very mean. She did not listen and tried to get rid of me quickly. Finally she did not helped us.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Same old story over and over and over, from corporate - Williams to Callabretta and now the rudest one Wheeler. "Sorry we can't promise you'll get a NEW box and your issues have been resolved says Callabretta." NO THEY HAVE NOT so tell BBB what you want liar. Installed a refurbished piece 'O junk on May 1st and the problems began "again" (3 years running) the 10th and 11th and thereafter, programs stopping halfway through, the shows I program to tape don't, turn on the TV and get all sorts of error messages and Wheeler says "it's NORMAL." NOPE it's NOT! FIX IT AT&T for $250 a month FIX IT.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Failure to fix a No Service problem! I'm in a Low Service area and have had one bar inside and two bars outside. Four weeks + ago it all changed to No bars inside and out... Not till I walk out into a field 50 to a hundred feet. Repeated "tickets" work orders and tech consults. One person was honest. "You are in a low service area and we do not send repairs out in those areas". Suggestion: go buy a $300 booster with no guaranty it will work. Bottom line... I had service and now I don't.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I contacted Directv to go with them for my satellite service. AT&T shows up and made me all these promises and got me to change my plan from Verizon. Two of the phones on my account belong to my daughter and her dad. They live in Mobile home and get no service inside their home. I have been told after porting their number to Verizon I can rerun the phones. So now I’m stuck paying for them.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The representative at the AT&T are careless/irresponsible people who lie to the customers. They don't do what they tell. I have been the customer for the AT&T for almost 7 years and I have never complained. But, recently they have provided several wrong information and overcharged my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: May 18, 2018

I received a bill from AT&T today Wednesday, April 25, 2018 for $184.60 for billing period March 20-April 19. I cancelled my AT&T account in March 2018 (I cannot remember the exact date). I paid my final AT&T bill for $83.64 on March 31, 2018. I also paid $184.60 on March 31, 2018 for AT&T non-returned equipment fee. AT&T made a debit withdrawal (posted) from my checking account in the amount of $268.24 on April 2, 2018.

I have a AT&T credit in the amount of $184.60 in my former account ** dated April 25, 2018. Someone at AT&T did not bother to do their job correctly. Because I am wasting my time on this complaint right now, AT&T can expect more complaints than this one. I will also be on the Internet blasting the company and the CEO. Maybe next time someone will do their job and check/balance before they send bogus bills trying to rip off paid in full customers. Apologies will not suffice. Expect plenty more complaints. I am just getting started...

I have continually been going back and forth with them not accepting any responsibility for their mistake. They have lied to the BBB Atlanta regarding sending me the bill after it was paid. To top it off, ATT left a message on my voicemail on 5/16/18 stating that they are going to send me a bill (150.00) for the equipment and their billing will determine whether to refund my money. As if that makes any sense. ATT replied to BBB Atlanta by stating that they would be sending me a response via USPS. That never came. They attempted to reach me by phone several times but I respond to my complaints through my complaints being that businesses like to lie and tell BBB or whoever that the issue is resolved after phone conversations and the BBB or whoever will believe that and close the complaint. So I never respond via the phone. I need written records always. I am not backing down but I think ATT thinks I will. They do not know me...

Original review: May 18, 2018

As a 50+ year customer, I have been treated like their worst enemy for 4 years. I grew tired of it and last week changed to Verizon. All the several problems experienced with AT&T no longer exist and over $40 of savings on my billing have occurred. I tried so hard to find a solution with AT&T. They even assigned me to a Senior Case Manager in the office of the President. That great sounding title turned out to be nothing more than additional false promises and further delays. As each day passes I find out services I now have that which AT&T denied such services were even available. In all of larger US corporate companies, AT&T has the worst customer ratings of all others. An employee of AT&T has not set foot on my property in years, but no telling how much I have been charged for things one would think would require such.

Original review: May 17, 2018

A process that takes 48 hours it is going on 2 weeks now and it is not yet resolved! This Company is so screwed up! They asked me to pay my phone in full in order to unlock it, I paid the amount they told me and two weeks later they are still emailing me that my phone cannot be unlocked because it is not paid! They finally figured out that they charged me for someone else's phone!! I had to pay again for my phone and I am still fighting. Employee Charles ** was totally useless! AT&T is so disorganized, I am about to leave on my trip and got nothing resolved!

Original review: May 13, 2018

AT&T has provided good service this far as I have only been a customer for a few months. The galaxy Android phone is of good quality and functions on the level that I expect. It has a number of features that I am not yet familiar with but I am working on learning more about them over time. I have no complaints at this time.

Original review: May 12, 2018

iPhone X BOGO iPhone 8 for year 2017 is a scam! It should be advertised as Buy iPhone X get iPhone 8 to pay upfront every month and beg for your money back monthly plus get treated like **! The highest level of AT&T management I was allowed to speak with was UNICE manager at Loyalty (not loyal at all) started to speak condescendingly. Repeating one statement 3x as if I’m not capable of understanding what she’s saying! Yelling over the phone stating my voice was loud as her point was proven wrong to end her conversation by saying “I don’t know what to tell you, you’re just going to pay up and we’ll credit you back!” No financial institute lend you money for free! Why you feel you can charge customers only to refund it a month later is beyond me!

You don’t pay me interest on the money you collect that’s not yours to collect and give it back after a month every month for 5 month now! I’m no expert but that cannot be LEGAL! Check your phone records! You are a communication company! If there’s a will, there’s a way! See how your customers are treated!! Do honest business AT&T! Respect the people who keep you where you are! I kept record of everyone I spoke with and calls that got hanged up, promises that were never kept! Words you went back on! Time date names! No solutions at your end! To TOP it all UNICE! Her name and Loyalty shouldn’t be in the sand league at all! She’s far from simple professional decency! Whoever is in charge of keeping your reputation should act on this and take this information to heart. Check on your call record please. 5/11/18 8:32am-9:34am.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We have been AT&T customers foolishly for over 18 years. International plan failure beginning in 2015. 2015 After doing all the right "moves" to ensure our plan was international. Upon return charged an extra $500 - I fought it and received about $250 but was the time and stress worth it? 2016 Same thing happened even though I called AT&T several time during our touring making sure everything was ok - NOT fought again and received $600 but stress level was over the top. 2017 and AGAIN. This time they said, "OK we will refund you for our mistake," then next day the case was closed - sorry no refund. I sent 9 letters to different corporate offices after which I did get a refund. More stress.

In 2017-18 went to Mexico. My Int'l plan did not work, could not call ANY Mexican number. I was there 5 months and could not call 800 numbers so could NOT call AT&T for assistance. Back in the states and after HOURS on the phone for 3 weeks of AT&T trying to get it to work they figured it out - the "feature" I have been PAYING for wasn't added (or turned on)!!! But they would only compensate me for the 3 weeks I have been calling to fix it even though I was never able to call them from Mexico AND I now want to switch to VERIZON but:

To put salt in my wounds the 2 7Plus iPhones I recently bought (before Mexico) are the only 2 models that are NOT compatible with VERIZON. Of course no one is going to tell you that. So we are stuck with AT&T until we pay down the phones and VERIZON has a good enough promotion so we won't lose a ton of money. So why didn't I change carriers in 2016 - I really thought it would get better and it is such a hassle to switch. AT&T NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

Original review: May 11, 2018

An in-Home expert showed up in our house after our AT&T fiber installation. He promised to give us two free phones if we purchased one with them. Six months later and we have not gotten one bill correct. They are still charging for both free phones. It has been a nightmare dealing with them as they are not responsive and AT&T store and phone groups cannot solve my problem. Needless to say we are extremely frustrated and have not closed our account because of the 2 year contract.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Purchased iPhone X and phone was not set up correctly. I spent several hours at home doing so. It was good I am technically competent. Only one (1) person was working in store and she stated that was the norm. We are talking a new release of the “X” plus it was the holiday season and AT&T was located in a mall. Girl was interrupted numerous times during the transaction and she wound up giving me another man's receipt with his acct number, telephone number and address. When I noticed error, I returned to store. She laughed it off and apologized and thankfully had my receipt among a pile of others. Poor customer service. I don’t fault her. I fault a company who could well afford more reps in their store. I bought the most expensive iPhone plus a case. Well over $1000 purchase.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I spend about a total of 4 hours on the phone plus another full day with different ATT reps all for a complete waste of time. I wanted to upgrade my cell phone. They told me if I get DirecTV I can get half off of iPhone X and get another upgrade for my 2nd line with $350 off. So I went for it. But then I noticed the email confirmations do not mention these offers. Only the regular prices.

So I called. Was told by one operator that the promotions are valid, but another one would tell me the offers do not even exist. I also found the DirecTV account is not even set up!!! So they set up the DirecTV account again, the supervisor reviewed and approved it all, gave me assurance that an email with all the details of the offer will be sent soon, etc. Long story short, they lied. The emails never came. The offers don't exist. So, I am returning my new phones before the 14 day grace period is over, cancelling the DirecTV account and closing my cellular account with ATT (after being with them for over 12 years). They are a bunch of crooks. Be careful!!! Don't trust them unless they give it in writing.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I have a combined bill with AT&T. What that really means is no one at AT&T can help you. My daughter lost her cell phone so I was trying to pay off her phone so she could get a new one. Sounds easy, but apparently that was my first mistake. I called 611 yesterday, May 8. The first person I spoke to sounded like the elevator did not reach the top floor, if you know what I mean. He tried to pay the phone off and then proceeded to tell me the system was down because he could not pay it off. He assured me if I went into the AT&T store, they could help me. So, I go to the AT&T store in Pleasant Hill, CA and they tell me they can’t help me either. I need to call customer service. So, I don’t leave the store and call customer service. Well the combined billing department was closed now.

So, first thing this morning I call 611 AGAIN. This time I get to talk to Michelle. She then explained to me that she did not see any of my phone numbers in her system. I said, "I have 5 cell phones and one landline and you don’t see anything?" She then proceeded to transfer me to someone else who, before I could ask her name, transferred me to Charm. Well, I explained everything to Charm and she couldn’t find any of my phone numbers either. She then said she would have a supervisor call me back in 30 minutes, because you know they were all busy at 8:20am. It’s now 11:00 and of course no one has called me back.

Finally, I chatted with Romar. He attempted to pay off my daughter’s cell phone, but could not. His supervisor could not. At that point, I asked him to un-combine my accounts. Clearly, AT&T has no way of helping customers with combined accounts. I was then told that this expedited request would take 12-24 hours. Well that’s just great. AT&T has no problem taking my money every month but no way of helping me? My second mistake was having AT&T as my phone carrier.

Original review: May 10, 2018

14 months ago I went to an AT&T store and did the Buy One Get One free phones, and was told I had 24 months to pay it off. The sales person said, "If you want to pay it off early you can as long as you pay the entire balance of the phone, without any issues." Well upon trying to do that to go back to my GoPhone plan with them I was told, "OH NO, if you do that then you have to pay full price for both phones." What a rip off. Be very careful about doing these buy one get one free. If I could go back to the go plan, my bill for my 2 lines would be $50 less a month and I would get a lot more data. I had to drop my data to almost nothing in order to keep my bill down. Data with AT&T is very expensive. I have these 2 S7 phones too expensive to utilize it like I could if I could just pay off the phone and go back to my go plan.

Also they will tell you your 1st bill will be a little higher, please be sitting when you open it, it's about twice what you were expecting, and good luck trying to figure it out. AT&T did apologize for the rep telling me this, but I'm still stuck with this for another 9 months. Just beware before you do this. My bills were different every month until I call the corporate office, and talked to them. At least now my bill is the same every month. Hoping people will look into this before doing it.

Original review: May 10, 2018

On 4-10-18 my wife went and got a new cell phone. The plan we had was good, yet the salesman talked her into changing it to a cheaper and more data package. Well we get the first months bill only to see it cost more. We asked to go back to our old plan, but he now said it was no longer available. As I’m not a lawyer, I do know that “BAIT AND SWITCH” practices are illegal. I’m a simple guy and just want it back the way it was. AT&T’s customer service center overseas couldn’t even look up my bill to try and fix it. I tried the live chat and they just stopped sending me messages. I had to go into the same AT&T store to only find out they can’t change it back. I guess our 25 years of paying them monthly service fees means nothing. Bait-and-switch. Noun. The action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods. "A bait-and-switch scheme".

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been paying AT&T for cell phone insurance for a iPhone7 128gb purchased on 9/25/17. The phone was stolen and I made a claim to Asurion based upon the information AT&T gave me which was wrong so the claim was denied. AT&T would not let me speak to a manager upon multiple request. Spent 10+ hours on phone plus additional hours for research and paperwork to resolve matter and it is not done. They messed up the account and refuse to send new replacement phone though I have paid for the coverage. I expect to spend another 10+ hours on resolving matter and contacting appropriated authorities on the matter. Gross incompetence and negligence to maintain thorough account notes when asked to do so and promised, only to call back and have minimum if any notation. Gross incompetence and negligence to maintain accurate account records and stand behind sold warranties.

I was told there was nothing they could do except send me an older model Galaxy phone which is subpar to the iPhone purchased which still has a payment plan. I denied the offer as this is not acceptable to steal from consumers. I asked multiple people for name & address to have court papers sent to and who is registered agent and wasn't helped except given arbitration phone number. They lied to me and said I couldn't do small claims court. Lastly I called corporate office and spoke to a man who said he was in the Office of the President. I explained everything and he assured me I would get a call back in two hours to take care of the problem. If I did not receive the call then I should call back and it would be taken care of immediately. I called 2.5 hours later and no one answered, no one has returned any calls.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I wrote a review awhile ago but never heard anything yet. I bought 2 Galaxy 8 Plus from AT&T paying 30 a month for them plus 30 for the service plus the reg bill. 1 of them just stop working so I took it into the AT&T store in Egg Harbor Township where they told me it was nothing they could do 'cause the phone wouldn't even come on or respond to anything they were doing and even though my warranty was still good the small crack at the bottom voided that warranty. I said, "What a 1000 phone and you can't help me." He told to try someone that fixed phones so I took it to Batteries Plus in Northfield NJ. The man there told me it was a manufactory problem and I should call the company so I did and they said it was nothing they could do about it.

She said that I could purchase another phone for $30 a month for 3 months. I told I wasn't doing that. Afterall I'm still paying for the broken phone and its services on it even though it doesn't work. She then waived the $30 fee and sent it to me. It was cheap and broke on a week so I called back and ask them to turn off the phone service and I'll just pay for the phone. However when I received my bill this month they charged me for the phone and want me to pay for it plus my reg bill. I called back and then told me I have to reactivate the service in order not to be charged for the whole thing so no phone but I have to pay for it and the service. I still have the phone but they won't even take a look at it to see if they could fix it. PLEASE HELP!!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I'm writing this review because I'm still having a hard time fathoming the conversation I just had with AT&T's chat support line. First, some background. I purchase a special cruise package plan that allowed me to have unlimited talk and text while being on a cruise ship in international waters. The plan also included 200 MB of data (btw - you have to purchase the $90 data plan in order to purchase the $10 unlimited text and talk plan). When I ordered the plan, I told the support person that we did not need the data part of the plan and wanted to know how to configure the phone to ensure no data was consumed. I was told that we didn't have to make any changes to the configuration.

During the cruise, I did nothing more than text and make phone calls and after the first few days I received a text message from AT&T that I had exceeded the data plan and was being billed an additional $106. I had to call AT&T support 4 more times before I finally got someone on the phone who helped me configure the phone so it would not use data but still be able to text and talk (this person was very knowledgeable and helpful). I was told that we would be credited back for the overage and they were adding 200 MB to cover the data usage overage. When I received the next bill, it still included the $106 overage charge but also a $50 credit. I contacted AT&T via their Chat service on my phone.

I was completely floored that the support person said they may lose their job and they have a family to consider. This is just wrong in so many ways. There are three possible explanations for this response, all of which are abhorrent. 1. The company AT&T uses to operate their Chat is underhanded and will say anything to keep from crediting a customer. 2. The company AT&T uses actually fires their support reps for providing quality customer support. 3. AT&T itself has a policy that compels their support reps to say anything to keep from crediting a customer.

In the end, I was connected (via phone) to a "Loyalty Specialist" (after another half hour on hold) who was actually just a regular customer support person who answers phone call ins and had no idea why I had been connected to him. He looked at my bill and found that I had actually been billed for the addition plan twice. He gave me a credit of $172 even when I told him I was only expecting to be credited the difference between $106 and the $50 credit. In the end, the right thing was done by AT&T. Of course, it took two hours of Chat and phone calls to make it happen; not to mention all the previous calls I had to make to support. Again, I'm just completely shocked by the message that the rep could be fired and that the manager simply could not do anything to credit my account.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I became a customer in 2008, and there were 2 lines on my Account, but my daughter left after her upgrade experience in March 2018! My phone stopped working on March 24, 2018, and I have always ordered my own phone online, but because my phone was broken, I discovered that I could not receive the confirmation number to have the phone sent, because my phone was broken and that is there only way to complete the order! They give us no other way whether it be email or text! So I had no choice other than to call customer service and that is where my Hell began!

The outsourcing people they hire don't understand half of what you tell them, and when asked to speak to someone within the United States, I was told by one of them and I quote, "I am in Mexico, and it is right next to Texas, so Technically I am in the United States"!!! I was told to keep calling until I get someone in the States! So I did, and that person ordered a phone that was a prepaid phone!

I am not a prepaid customer, but while looking at my account the person didn't even notice what they had done, and as a loyal customer I was told that I had to pay for the phone before they would ship it, but when I tried placing the order it did not require that I pay in advance, and prior to my daughter leaving she ordered a 500 dollar iPhone and was not required to pay anything in advance, she had a Galaxy 5, and immediately returned the iPhone because it was too small, and then she closed her account, so when I found out that it was a prepaid phone that the Customer service person ordered, I called immediately and canceled it, but was told that they would NOT order the correct phone until the money had been returned to me by THEM!

I was stunned, and I said, "I didn't order the wrong phone! You did, so I am being forced to keep paying you for service that I cannot use without a phone even longer, because of an error by your people?" And I was told YES! So I waited 2 days, and when the money was returned I called back to order the right phone! Only to find out two days later that it was cancelled by their system, and they did not know why or how that happened! They did not recognize the order number that I was Given By one of Their People!!! So I had to Order Again!

It's now March 29th, 2018! I was told by an agent by the name of Sherelle that I should not and would not have to pay for the phone after ALL that I had been through! She was very intelligent and adjusted my bill because It should have been done after my daughter left, because I was paying for a MB plan, but my phone was a flip phone and did not run on MB's! They were charging me for her MB plan after she left in March! I was assured that nothing else would go wrong, so a few days later I called while tracking the phone's arrival, and was told that they didn't see where I was charged (WTH), but my VISA card said they did, and I BELIEVED VISA! I WAS THEN ASKED BY AN AGENT TO TAKE THAT INFORMATION TO ONE OF THEIR RETAIL STORES TO PROVE THAT they had charged me! And bring the phone and show them the emails to track a phone that they did not show an order for!!!

AND I BLEW UP, I SAID AND I QUOTE, "ARE YOU SERIOUS? NONE OF THESE MISTAKES ARE MINE, AND I KNOW HAVE TO WASTE GAS AND TIME to prove to you that you didn't send a phone that I need to use your service? And you did charge me?", and she said yes!!! I couldn't handle that anymore that day, so I hung up and called back the next morning and by then I received the phone that they told me that they did not order and did not charge me for!!! I ask about the refund, because at this point all that had gone on, I deserved it and then some! I was told that another phone was being sent to me, it was ordered the same day that the phone that I received that they denied sending was ordered!!!

(OMG!!!) I BLEW UP AGAIN, AND SAID, "HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE? WHY WOULD YOU ORDER A SECOND PHONE? AFTER YOU ACTIVATED the first one?". They did not have a order number or at least the idiot I was speaking to said that he did not see one, I did not get any emails on this second phone as I had for the correct 1st phone! I am told by this idiot that "I can keep the second phone since it's free??? And if something happens to the first phone, I will have a spare!!! And I lost it and said, "You know good and well that you do not give away free back up phones! And instead of giving me my money back is this some way to justify it?" he says, "No ma'am. It's free!" I then say, "I want my money, and I am sending it back when and if I get it!"

I HAVE COPD, SO STRESS LIKE THIS IS REALLY HARD FOR ME TO HANDLE! I HAND UP ON HIM AND WAIT ANOTHER DAY! TO CALM DOWN AND try and fix their mistake, it's now may 2nd, 2018! I returned the phone to the post office on may 7th after receiving it on the 6th! I was told that I would not get the money they charged me for the 1st phone until I sent the phone that I did not order back to them! I then said, "So you're going to hold the money up to 14 more days? If the phone is free how can you keep the money until you get a free phone back! That would mean that you did charge me for that phone! And you are holding my money hostage in order to get back a free phone that should not of been ordered! I did not make any of these errors. You did! But I am such a valuable customer that you are going to continue to torture me!"

AS A LOYAL CUSTOMER YOU SHOULD RETURN MY MONEY AND TRUST THAT I WILL RETURN A PHONE THAT I DID NOT ORDER AND CANNOT use, because a customer can only use phone at a time! But instead I am slapped in the face over and over by the inept idiots that work for you, but what's really hilarious is that my daughter worked for AT&T executive teleconference from 1996 until 2003, and she was the person speaking to them on my behalf for the duration of this issue!

IT'S NOW MAY 8TH AND I RECEIVED A CALL OUT OF THE BLUE FROM THEM, AND THE YOUNG LADY TELLS ME THAT SHE IS CALLING ABOUT MY account, and she will return the money that they didn't take (remember) when I return the phone that I did not order! And I let her have it! I already knew that! She wasn't calling to offer me back the money for the days that I paid them for service without a phone!!! She was being very stern and cocky! I never asked to be called back by them! I had sent the phone back as advised days ago, so this morning's call was like here let me piss on you one last time, I told her that I had sent it back, and once I was sure that they had it that I was no longer going to be a loyal idiot!

THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER OPTIONS! SHE IMMEDIATELY TELLS ME THAT AT&T DOESN'T PRORATE, AND MY NEXT BILLING CYCLE BEGINS tomorrow the 9th at midnight, but she also knew that I cannot close the account until they receive the phone that I did not order! And would then be forced to wait until June 8th to leave! She literally sounded like, "Haha! You can leave but we will get another month from you until you can do it, so take that!"

I AM BEYOND FURIOUS! I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 10 YEARS!!! THEY WILL RECEIVE PAYMENT FOR THE DAYS THAT I DID NOT HAVE A hone due to their errors! And I am forced to stay for another month, because as she stated, "We don't prorate!" but they do when they open an account and or when you update your account, so that was a lie! They don't prorate when it's to benefit a customer or even if doing to fix a mistake they made! I wish I could sue them for all the pain and suffering that dealing with them has caused me! I wish I could get every nickel that I ever paid these $$$$ hungry lying inept people have received from me... #beyondangry.

Updated on 05/10/2018: This is a follow up to my original complaint, and I would like to thank Spellchecker for messing it up, but I called to confirm the return of the second phone that I did not order. The phone is in Texas and in transit to their facility in Fort Worth, but as the games continue, I am told that I should of sent the phone that I paid for and was supposed to be free back, and that I should of kept the second phone that was sent by a ghost! The phone that I have is the phone that they charged me for? So the refund is for that phone! I was told by their loyalty department that I did not have to pay because of all of the error's on their behalf! The second phone has nothing to do with the issue! I was told that it's supposed to be the free one, but that makes no sense that they sent 1 and charged me, and the second one for free?

However in tracking the second phone, I was told that I had to send back the phone I was charged for as well, and then they would give me back the money that they should not of charged me for??? I say the phone isn't a return, it was offered to me for free because of errors, so I should not have to send it back? Because I will be paying for service (My billing cycle begins today) that I will not be able to use, and this idiot says, "I know and WE can DO that". It doesn't matter if you have a phone or not! So I hung up and called again thinking that I would get someone with a BRAIN! But no such luck! This idiot tells me that she can refund the amount to my bill, but that is not how you got the money that you were not supposed to get, and if I allow that, it's not a gift to me, it's a gift to you in the order of your paying yourself in advance with money that you stole from me technically! As an apology for your inept employees!!!

R E A L L Y? NO... I want the money back the same way that you got it, and that is back on my VISA card, and I am told that THEY CAN'T DO THAT UNTIL they get the second phone back! So I tell her that 2 people before you told me that they needed me to send both of them back? And she says, "Know we only need one"!!! But I guarantee you that once they receive the second (free phone) phone that they will tell me to send the other one back, so I hung up and contacted the Attorney General's Office! I told them the issue from day one to the present, and I can file an official complaint! So stay tuned for the next idiot move by this company! I don't want a credit to my account! I am closing it, so you won't have an account to bill it to... How stupid are these people!

Original review: May 8, 2018

The customer service online is too bad. I found there was Multi-Device Protection Pack - Insurance $25.97 and Multi-Device Protection Pack - Support $9.02 on my bill at the early 2018. I don't need this protection pack, and asked the customer service online to cancel it. I was told the Protection Pack will be canceled, and there will be no such fee next month. One month later, I found the Protection Pack totally $34.99 was still on my bill and was still charged. I asked the customer service online to cancel it again. I have asked the customer service online 3-4 times, and every time I was told the Protection Pack will be canceled, and there will be no more charge. Today, I checked my bill, and found AT&T had still charged me this Protection Pack totally $34.99.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I hope you never have to call customer service for any reason. Everyone has a different excuse for why they can't help you and they always try to pass you off to another person or department. It's really ridiculous that a 10-20 min call can easily turn into a 2 hour call. I do not recommend their services to even my worst enemies.

Original review: May 6, 2018

On March 30th 2018 I called my AT&T Cellular Provider to discuss Internet services and hotspots. Upon calling I spoke to a representative who informed me that there were family data plans available to me that would allow my family and I to obtain unlimited data services as well as utilize our phones as hotspots. The Representative I spoke to also informed me that this plan would be available to my family and I at the same rate we were paying for a current plan. Upon asking several times if changing my data plan would incur an increase in my monthly billing and/or penalties or fees for the change the representative stated no I would pay amount that I was currently paying monthly due to the plans being comparable in pricing. The Representative stated that the only difference in my plan would be that we would be able to utilize the hotspot feature to obtain Internet access on the go that everything else would remain the same.

The representative provided a projected bill for the month of April which was In the range of my previous and current monthly billed amounts So I decided to accept the offer and change my data plan. As projected for the month of April my cellular bill was in the $350 range. Which is normally what I would pay monthly prior to the data plan change, Now for may's bill the price increased to $736. Upon My initial surprise and shock to the amount but I was being billed by AT&T I called customer service to discuss the preposterous amount. I spoke with several representatives in regards to what transpired on March 30th And how I would require a supervisor or manager to review the audio recording from my call to the customer service department on March 30th to prove that I was coerced and misled by their representative who provided blatant false information in order to get me to switch plans.

That I have in fact not agreed to this preposterous plan change that has resulted in a $736 monthly charge. To which the representative transferred me to a supervisor who stated that they did not have access to said recordings to verify my claim thus being I retain responsibility for the amount charged and would have to pay the amount in full. After some back-and-forth in my informing them that I would not pay that preposterous amount due to the company's and their representatives' illegal and deceitful sales tactics. To which they responded by apologizing and offering me is $70 discount off the bill. They are currently still attempting to strong arm me into paying $657.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My son left Feb 12th for Marine bootcamp. He contacted all of his creditors upon leaving including AT&T. Capital One, Amazon, Car Note, no problem, placed his account in Military leave status. I called, verified his info, they gave me no problems. I have spoke with over 10 of AT&T representatives, occasionally being hung up on, transferred multiple times, also informed it was taken care of 3 times including by chat with a rep (screenshot messages to prove it). I even made a payment for my son. Per the representative, I had to make a payment in order to place his account on military leave, so I made the payment and was informed his account was placed on military leave until I received a letter in the mail stating his account was sent to collections.

I called. Was transferred to 3 representatives then I got Brenda ** in the fraud dept. She said she couldn't do anything to help me because my name was not on the account. I didn't like her tone or her customer service. My son went in the AT&T store before he left and informed them and it still wasn't placed on military leave. The service AT&T provided is not acceptable. I get that I am his mother and my name is not on his account but I verified everything and no other department at AT&T gave me a problem with discussing his account but Brenda ** and since she feels it's fraudulent. I feel AT&T should give me the money they took from me over the phone to place his number back in good standing back.

If anyone committed a fraudulent act it is AT&T for taking my money for my son's account and not reinstating his account to good standing. My complaint is the poor customer service my son and I received with AT&T and he is deployed serving this Country. My family and I will be searching for another phone provider. The being hung up on, rudeness is not acceptable.

Original review: May 3, 2018

No coverage most of the Time. Poor service when wanted to disconnect service and unlock Apple device. Very very bad experience. AT&T portal says good coverage where I live which is incorrect data. AT&T need to update the correct coverage report on the portal.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been with AT&T over a year, until recently one customer service told me that I was qualified for 2 free phones. We are in family plan of 10 people, I told the customer service that we are 10 already, we can not add anymore phone. He told me that I can use those phone as home phone or something. Because I knew someone who did not have phone, I accepted the offer since were free phones. I did not use them until the following month that I gave one to my friend for free, then the bill came and it had over 200 & extra to what I normal pay. I called customer service, reminded them what the offer said, they told me that I had to pay those phone and they have put them on separate account owned by me while I have my own phone, absolutely did not need these two phones.

We argued over two hours. Still have me paid. Then I asked them to cancel the 2nd plan, and I will return the 2 phones. One was still in box sealed. They denied, saying it's over 16 days, I canceled the plan anyway. The following bill they charged 230 dollars for each phone. It was completely ridiculous, I have never feel robbed in my life. Offered phones that I did not need and got charged over 600 dollars. It's unbelievable. I wish there will be help anyway to see if I can get my money back. If there is a way you can away with AT&T, STAY AWAY. IF NOT DO NOT ACCEPT MOST OF THE THINGS THEY OFFER YOU CLAIMING THEY ARE FREE.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have been with AT&T since at least 2005. Every so often I had some surprises on my bill that I would have to call and ask about and they would reimburse. I did have to check my bill every time to make sure that was not the case but I thought that was normal? Anyway I finally got unlimited everything, and tied in to the U-verse internet. What could go wrong, right? I was promised $222.00 for unlimited and $40.00 for internet with HBO for as long as I maintained my wireless service. In comes March 2018. I get a bill for $500.00 dollars. Call as I usually do to get that changed. They refuse and say I have to pay $500 when not even a year has passed since I first got the service. Naturally I want to cancel.

Two months later and several days worth of phone calls and people saying to trust them. They cancelled it but they cannot provide me with confirmation, I am still haven't had my AT&T service cancelled. In fact now it is $700.00 and climbing each month. Don't get AT&T unless you want to be constantly reviewing your bill for inaccuracies and if you don't like it and stop using their service, tough. As they will keep billing you for it. Kinda hard to get up to date if your bill just keeps increasing especially when you think an account is cancelled and start with another service.

Original review: May 1, 2018

In February 2018 we attempted to reduce cost of our two cell phones service and talked to our local AT&T office. They said that if we changed from Verizon to AT&T they would pay us, (via gift cards), $650 per line, I.e. $1300 for the two lines, to be sent in "10 days to two weeks" Seemed too good to be true so we got it in writing. After a few days deliberation ('too good to be true?'), we returned and received the same info. from another sales associate - so we changed to AT&T. Our Verizon termination fee was $638.08. We paid this soon after to avoid a late payment history.

After two weeks, no cards received so called AT&T main office and asked when will we receive them? Were then told we had to apply for reimbursement and value of gift cards would be $1300 MINUS the cost of the Verizon termination. We explained what we had been told - and confirmed - initially AT&T said we must conform to their requirements. I submitted the form required. 2 weeks ago, checked status this am and was told that they have no record - must re-submit. Whether this is all local misinformation from poorly-trained associates or a deliberate corporate plan to deceive - we are still $638 poorer. Will resubmit and will record here the outcome.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I’ve been with them from the beginning. Wouldn’t fix problems. I left and now they will not lock my phone as it’s an emergency that they wouldn’t expedite! My husband is on oxygen and they were told that. They were telling me at the new store where I went to as they were so poor in service. They would push it through so I could have my phone code to unlock. It’s now 7.5 hours and no way I could get in touch with them as I have no phone. Nothing. Worst company and now T-Mobile is joining forces with Sprint, look out AT&T!!!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs