AT&T Wireless
1.31/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

AT&T Wireless

6077 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

For 1 year I have been over paying, my service is on a combine account and it should not be, I told them this 1 year ago. They won't make the correction - they are continuing to try to make me pay money I don't owe. The rep told me today I should have been paying only about $100 a month. They like to play on words to make information suit their definition. They lie to the customer and the men try to talk to the women like they are stupid. A male rep told me find a means to pay it. I had to let him know he was talking to a grown woman... I have been on hold for 30 minutes. To rectify a lie that a rep just told me he move my payment 'til next Friday and he did not.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I'm unsatisfied with AT&T due to the fact that there was not a verbal explanation on exactly how the unlimited plan worked. Based on my knowledge if you have unlimited you have unlimited - not that it tops out at 22 gigs. Due to my job I use a lot of data - high-speed data at that - and when my phone slow down at 22 gigs and wasn't able to work because of the internet being so slow that created a problem.

I called customer service. Customer service told me that I needed to call back and ask loyal customer service representatives to raise my gig up to 30gigs so that I can have sufficient data. So I did and the representative wanted to upsell me another $50 on top of my bill already for more gigs. She was very rude, aggressive and was even telling me to quiet down when I was trying to explain to her what the situation was. The representative was very rude to me and told me that if I wanted to have more gigs I was going to have to pay more. So I gave her a verbal explanation and how that is misleading the customers based on their plans on unlimited high speed data. I finally got the chance to speak and she told me if I wanted more high-speed data I was going to have to pay for it. So we went back and forth on how it wasn't right that I'm going to have to pay more for something that I've already should be getting.

This is completely totally unfair. I'm paying $150 a month for one line including my phone. The representative was Indian, was very aggressive and was even telling me to be quiet when I was trying to explain to her the seriousness of my situation. She told me if I wanted more high-speed data there is nothing that I can do other than pay more money so that I can get it. I told her that was completely unfair and I will be canceling my line after my 30 days - credit or no credit - it does not matter. AT&T will not be treating me like crap or in lying to me about their unlimited plans when there's really not unlimited. There's a lot more detail to this unfortunately I would write a whole essay. It feels like I did already. Never again AT&T. Never again.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Hi, I moved to prepaid $45 plan and the internet stops working on its own. I need to restart the phone, reset the network setting etc every time it does that. Talked to AT&T people and they said that's a known issue and they did not do anything about that. This is happening for more than 2 weeks now, without internet my phone is useless. Thanks!

Original review: April 17, 2019

AT&T refuses to send me a copy of my contract with them and they refuse to honor the contract rate. Don’t believe their buy one get one free phone deal. It is a total scam. They should be in jail. They also overbill.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The only reason I switched to AT&T was someone I met in Publix during the Tallahassee power loss after hurricane Michael told me that they were still able to use the phone (towers were ok)...Long story short. That wasn’t true. I still had no service in my part of town. The local store is apparently understaffed. Each client stays longer than 30 minutes. You cannot EVER call and get an English first language person. The information is often incorrect and after an hour you still can’t under the wrong info that they have on the bill (for the wrong plan that you did not ask for). Why would I need to pay for an upgrade I am ELIGIBLE FOR one. I bought a new phone only because my old one broke and to fix it was not an option. I have never taken the time to write a bad review but this is the most frustrating phone carrier I have encountered since cell phones were invented.

I am trying to save others from choosing them if you have another choice. See how many bad reviews are here! Bought my iPhone online, as Tallahassee has no Apple store. You tell them your carrier and the transaction is not complete until the carrier is involved in it. I should have known when instead of an hour it took more than a day for me to get the AT&T agent to put it in the computer AND HE STILL DID THIS INCORRECTLY. I can’t cancel and start over with the plan I asked for. Why? Because I already checked a box that says you agree to the terms and conditions. And you pay 30 for the privilege of all this incompetence. DO NOT USE AT&T unless you don't mind getting frustrated by them at every encounter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: April 16, 2019

Beware about AT&T Wireless BOGO (Buy One Get One) offer. This is a pure SCAM. We have purchased two phone on BOGO offer. After 8 months we still haven't gotten any credit for it. The case is still pending for review. Each time we called AT&T service representative tries to sell something else, so we ended up having two simultaneous AT&T TV services (Uverse TV and DirecTV). After 3 months we found out about double billing. All of those for the above BOGO and which is still not resolved. So far we have been given 4 different case numbers and each time we contact AT&T they say it is pending resolution.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I work for a large company in the Mailing Services. We received a package in the mail from AT&T without a person's name to whom to deliver it to. When I called AT&T to confirm who it goes to, they were unable to provide me with this information without a phone number and the last 4 numbers of my Billing Account number. With me being in a company of over 400 people, I was unable to provide this information. The only thing I had was the Order Confirmation. I could provide them with the WMS Order #, Invoice #, Your Order #, Customer PO#, or the Ship ID #.

They refused to accept any of this information and told me they could not help me without the phone number and Billing number. If I had that information, I wouldn't be calling AT&T, EVERYONE knows how long you have to wait to talk to an actual person through them! After a loooong 40+ minute phone call neither Cheyenne nor Tiana were able to assist me and I still don't know who this $200 package belongs to??? RIDICULOUS AT&T!!!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I recently paid off the phone. I was on the Edge program which gives you the opportunity to "Edge UP" after 1 year to newer phones. I chose not to, kept my phone - Went in months later with an OWNED phone, and decided to purchase a NEW phone, did not turn in old one kept for back up purposes. Now being charged a $30 UPGRADE Fee. I did not upgrade, I didn't use the Edge program, I purchased a new phone. This is another case of Bologna charges from a company about to lose another faithful customer. Back to Verizon looks like my entire family goes. AT&T you should be ashamed of charging customers this fee when they didn't upgrade, Service did not change - Products didn't change - NOTHING from you changed or upgraded. I purchased a NEW PHONE.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We paid insurance mobile protection from AT&T every month, one year ago iPhone 6 got broken and we paid 100 sth deductible to replace the phone which is ok, we were happy to do it. And then the device got replace with some used device without telling us which we don't mind, but apparently this device malfunction couple months later.

We file claim again to AT&T insurance Asurion protection, and they said, "Oh this is still under manufactured warranty. All you need to do is call AT&T and Apple and they will replace you like what we did". Spent 2 hours tried to call AT&T. They manage to connect with Apple just to find our phone is expired warranty almost 2 years... How come? We got it last year???! So end up with nothing, phone still broken, upset because every call treated me like idiot, what is your name? What is it again? And then hang up, called again same question ur name?? Without actually helping. So what is the use of pay insurance??? What a liar both of them Apple and AT&T.

Original review: April 15, 2019

AT&T I'm so stupid when I decide to give you guys another chance to serve me. I thought the kinda service that you guys have now was different from the service that you guys offer in the 2000. I was having my wireless phone with another company and never had a problem with them. In January this year my daughter want upgrade her phone and we went to a store to do it. Getting in there we talk and the sales guy convinced me to switch my plan to AT&T. Now I see that AT&T still the same crap it was in the 2000. They are full of excuses and not take any responsibility for the service that they are suppose to give to you.

I have a problem with my data plan. Even when I'm connected on my home wifi they still counting as I'm on AT&T wireless internet. The stupidity of AT&T is so big that the attendant on the phone told me that the only solution for that case was that every time I get in a place that they have free internet that I should or I must turn off my data on my phone. Come on!!! The technology is creating things that you have to turn on and off when it's suppose to do it automatically??? The people that make phones are smarter than that. They are not AT&T. They are genius. AT&T is full of BS. Now I'm stuck with those guys until my contract ends so I can go back to my old company. Can't wait for that!!! #justsaying

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs