AT&T Wireless
2.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 974 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

AT&T Wireless

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

5093 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I actually called DirecTV because I moved and wanted to use them at my new address. They talked me into upgrading my husband's phone. Evidently they added a line when they did that so now they expect me to pay for the other line. My account was available for upgrade, I have 4 family members currently paying for 4 lines so why would I want another. To make a long story short I called to get this extra line taken off and they are wanting me to mail his phone, he is currently using and mail it back with an upgrade.

I don't think I should be inconvenienced by their mistake. I even questioned the CSR when putting on a new phone number to the new phone and she reassured me that this was because she did not want my husband to be without a phone. Be very careful when dealing with this company, I believe this was a sale tactic. Apparently I did sign through email for another line which I thought was for the upgrade. Just be very careful when dealing with DirecTV or AT&T. Make sure you do not listen to what they tell you but read through anything that you sign. They are not to be trusted AT ALL.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

We called on the 2nd. of January 2018 because our phone bill for number was getting way too high!!! This phone is only a wrecker line for emergency wrecker call for the city of Memphis police department. We have this phone line for over 47 years. We don't make calls on this line. We don't use long distance. We only take incoming calls and roll the number over at night. So when the bill kept going up for $77.00 to over $134.75 we called to try to get the phone bill lowered so they said if we put the number through U-verse the bill could be lower so we thought, “Okay they know what they are talking about.” So we had an Installation set up for 01/08/18. The technician shows up and starts working then around noon he said he was going to lunch. Okay no problem. But we had no idea that our phone was not working until we check it because we haven't received any calls on it. No dial tone.

And the technician called us at 5:15 Monday evening and said that his supervisor put him on another job and that someone would be here in the am on the 9th. His name was Reggie. Well on the 9th. nobody shows up so we call again and they tell us no one was here. Spent all day on phone with AT&T and finally get date for repairs for something that was working fine before tech came, So on Thursday the 11th. Sylvester ** comes. Another tech. He works all day and makes things even worse. No he has made two of other phone not work in the office that had nothing to do with what he was working on so now we only have one phone working in our business. Makes it impossible to run a business not to mentation all the money we are losing because we can’t answer phones. Sylvester work all on the phones.

Could not bring up the other phones or the one he was here for then he told us that on Friday the 12th. that a new tech would be here that has more experience. He gave us a Service promise and the name and email of his supervisor Adam ** that someone would be here to fix the phone. Well you know the answer to that. No one comes so we call again all day to try to get someone to get our phones up and working. We don't hear anything and get the runaround for the people we are talking to. Then on Sunday we get a call from yet another tech. Said he was outside in the back of our building working but he could not do anything because it was Sunday and the back end office were closed. So he left. Still no phones so on Monday the 15th. I email Adam ** and he tells me that a tech will be here.

Today that's Monday the 15th. We waited all day for someone to show and again no show. We email him several more times asking him to please respond to our email. He still doesn't. I have email him again today and have heard nothing so called yet again to try and get someone to get our phones back and I want to state again that they were working fine until they came out. Need phones to operate. Please help!!!! No one wants to get us up and running. Aging who do you call to get help. I have tried everything. I call every day. We just want them to finish the job that they started or take us back to the way we were before they started. Need help.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I ordered watch with special offer. Never opened box. Soon as received watch I took it straight to USPS. Told I would receive full refund. They refused to issue a refund saying the watch had been in my possession. Suppose to have 13 days return. They lie and cheat at every opportunity.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

After spending hours on the phone trying to set up online access to my account I finally made it, only to find out that unlike any other business in the world AT&T does not offer the option to go paperless without giving them your checking account information and allowing them to auto-bill your account. Now I know why Archie Bunker called AT&T Arrogant Thugs and Thieves!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

This Netgear device had issues from the beginning. Devices could not find it, when they finally did, it was super slow. Now it does not work at all. I have made several calls about the device that I had purchased. The first call was within a week of purchase. The Netgear Nighthawk device has never worked properly and now it does not work at all. I am using my cellphone as a wifi hotspot. On one of the calls about 2 weeks ago, I was promised that a new unit was being sent out. This was because after the other calls and countless time with tech support, the issue was unable to be resolved. Then I followed up because I had not received the replacement and was told that there never was a replacement ordered. I spent another half hour or longer with the customer service chat line and was told that I needed to take the unit back to the store to have them diagnose the problem.

So let me get this straight, after being lied to, & wasting hours on the issue already, AT&T will not send me a new unit that cost them a hundred bucks at most and expects me to pay for the one that never worked. To top it all off, Sprint has the same plan and it will cost me $50 less, and I think they will pay me back for the AT&T device that I am being charged for. What kind of geniuses are in charge over there?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We were sold our service for fiber optic internet. We paid for our service for over a year before fiber optic was actually available; then we were told we would have to pay even more to receive the service we were told we would get when we switched to AT&T. Our internet service with AT&T was extremely inferior to our previous service.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Stay away from this company! Very deceitful! They will lie to you, charge your account, tell you that they are sorry and after hours and hours, do nothing to solve the problem. Leaving you more angry than when you started. Not same AT&T. Even the people who work at the AT&T store say something is weird and not right! When everyone is saying the same thing please listen. Save yourself a lot of frustration and money. This company is now a scam!!! Do not give your credit card number and do believe anything they say when trying to get you to sign up for DirecTV now. They are liars.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I got the BOGO deal. I was told I could pay off the phones early instead of 24 months. I did so I could go to a new service because I can't get service at work. They will not release my phone number for the remainder of the 24 months which is 13 or I will be charged for my free phone.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I switched from Sprint to AT&T due to rumor Sprint merging with T-mobile which who I don't like. I've been with sprint for 12 yrs. Anyway I had remaining balance of 257 dollars on the phone installment. I paid my last normal bill with Sprint. I walked into AT&T and was told that I can get up to 650 dollars credit for switching from Sprint to AT&T. I was reel into a deal I can't refuse.

I got me an iPhone 8 and was told that to bring in my last bill of Sprint so they can do the $650 dollars credit promotion. I did that and after a week waiting, e-mail from AT&T deny me. I was so upset and felt like a fool. I try to see what AT&T can do and they weren't helpful at all. They kept telling me different offer be make it right and I didn't take those offer. I wanted the offer that I was told that I would get for doing the switch carrier promotion. Sadly to say, I went back to Sprint after 2 and a half months only with AT&T. Don't fall for their saying about the switch promotion program. They saying that so you buy their phone and spend your hard earn money for a provider who don't care about customer care.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

By far, and I do mean BY FAR the worst of the WORST experience I have ever dealt with!!! I tried signing up for DirecTV and DSL internet since SUNDAY!!! I have been LIED to (telling me someone is on their way to install DSL, when no one was coming (for 2 days)) and I have been giving the runaround, I've been transferred to EVERY single department. No one could help me. After checking my credit and credit card information on Sunday, today they are telling me I don’t have an account with them??? And now I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back which has been since 9 am this morning! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, BY FAR THE WORST OF THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. -5 STARS. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We ordered a plan for our business and been charged for another one, however, they will not send you a receipt confirmation with the plan and price whatsoever. I am here all morning trying to get a hold of a manager, but they pass you along like a ping pong ball without resolving anything, then suddenly the line disconnects (in the US, right?) and I start all over the process in reaching out to them. This company doesn't deserve our business America!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Many loyal customers of AT&T are experiencing the same issues. If not for others sharing I still would have their old internet service/modem and be unable to use their wi-fi on my iPhone. When their home internet service, wi-fi, does not work you automatically have to up your cell service plan to a higher amount of gs. I originally had 1g for $50/a mo. That plan was discontinued so I had to switch to 2g for $60 a mo. + tax. When my husband was in the hospital dying my home internet wi-fi would not work on my iPhone 7+ so I went over my allowed usage and had to up the gs on my cell plan. Because of the high price I attempted to switch back to my original service and was told I could not do it until my next billing cycle. I was told I must call back on 1-11-2018 to return my bill to the original 2g ($50 per mo. plan???).

At that same time I was told my combined bill for the upcoming months would be $129. + tax. In the interim I request a service tech to replace my modem because I had been told by numerous other customers that would resolve my issue with my iPhone not being able to use my AT&T wi-fi. Thanks to those people it did resolve the issue. Next I did as the service rep instructed. I called back on my service plan date only to find that plan was no longer available. The plan available for $50 + was 1g. Ok no problem since my wi-fi now worked. But wait I had been paying $122. + for the higher gs plus $42.+ for internet/wi-fi not even including my tv service. My question is why an adjustment to my bill couldn't be made since I basically was forced to add service because the service I paid for did not work. Is this beginning to sound like a "bait and switch"?

After talking to a supervisor I was told basically a credit could not be issued and my monthly bill would not be the $128 + tax as I was told but it would be $169. + tax. No one at AT&T customer service seems to know what the facts are. They all use the same script, continue to put you on hold and apologize for the incorrect information you were given previously. Still the dollars keep coming out of our pockets. We get the bill and either pay or get disconnected. By the way my bill issued on 12-10-2017 showed a big circle with a due date of Dec. 31, 2018. Hummmm... I wonder what would have happened if I waited until the end of this year to pay that bill. Just goes to prove my point. Is anyone held responsible for what you are told verbally or in writing by AT&T?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The service is Horrible at my home (as soon as I pull into my driveway) and does not work better with a microcell. They prefer you use wireless service even though I have an unlimited data plan. My 1st bill for 2 cell phones for days was 269.00. The 2nd bill I added on my 2 children 416.00. The 3rd bill was 325.00. They claim it as because the bills are prorated and it takes 3 months for credits to be applied to the account. In the meanwhile they told me the phones were buy 1 get 1 free but charged.

I have a 200 phone balance on my free phone because they say it is was not included in the promotion which is contrary to what the manager told me. Finally, when they tell you they pay off your previous phone when you switch from another company LIES! They take up to 90 days to give you a VISA gift card for the difference of the previous phone you were required to trade in and subtract that amount from the balance off the phone. In my case, my phone balance with T-Mobile was 167. They gave me an AT&T bill credit for my Samsung S7 of 95.00 and a 73.00 Visa card to pay off my 167.00 equipment balance at T-mobile. A bill credit can't pay off an equipment balance.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

AT&T is the WORST company to partner with. I have been with them for YEARS and recently have come across some hard times. I had thought I set up a payment arrangement when I made a partial payment but per a rep it did not go through. Mind you I have paid anywhere from $400-900 a month for ONE phone and DirecTV. They shut my service off on 01/09/2018 and REFUSE to offer any assistance even though I have been a loyal customer in its entirety. I have offered to allow them to EFT the funds on my payday and they still will not do anything to help. I am currently switching to Verizon as my contract is OVER and I am DONE with ATT!! I'd advise you take your business ELSEWHERE, you will thank me later.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We have been a loyal customer for over 13 years and decided to walk away due to TERRIBLE customer service and EXTREMELY high rates. It has been over 48 hours and I’m trying to receive my unlock code for the cell phone that is entirely paid for. Every call the customer service is hitting new lows from telling us off to hanging up on our faces.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Order AT&T internet service and offer 75mps speed. The tech came to install the service which took two days to complete. Even after the two days, my speed never reach over 30mps. My son could not even use his Xbox or I could not download files needed for work. I call AT&T to cancel the service and even spoke to a supervisor. The supervisor just explained how sorry AT&T is for not being able to provide me with the speed I needed and I would still be charged for the setup fee of $99 and two days of internet service that I didn't even have. Do not go with AT&T. They are not a stand up company and the whole deal was a scam.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I wanted to upgrade to a smartphone. I talked with the team in retention and they told me that due to the fact that AT&T had upgraded the plans it offered consumers and that I had not renewed my contract in a number of years, I would be able to get a new plan for myself and my family at a lower cost than my old plan. Unbeknownst to me, retention will tell you anything to get you to renew your contract. AT&T told me they sent the new iPhone which I was very excited to be receiving. Over ten days later no iPhone.

AT&T told me they checked with their shipping company who was I believe FedEx and that the phone was delivered. They told me they needed to complete a theft investigation which would take some time. I told them there was an AT&T owned AT&T store (not all AT&T stores are owned by AT&T) in the mall and asked if they on the corporate side could instruct the store to give me the new phone. They told me that was not AT&T policy. I asked if they could allow me to escalate so somebody with the authority to make an exception.

They told me allowing such an escalation was not AT&T policy. I wrote a letter to the Office of the President. While waiting over a month for my letter to be answered, I spoke to a supervisor in retention. He told me I needed to go to an AT&T store to set a pin number and there was nobody who could make an exception to that policy. I went to the AT&T store set the pin number and the supervisor in retention told me he would give me a $75 credit. The credit took several months to get on the bill. In the meantime the bills were not lower than they had been as the woman in retention promised.

I got a call from Diane ** in the Office of the President who explained to me that the failure to instruct the store to give me the iPhone I had ordered and to require I got into the store to set a pin was AT&T policy, that that was the way it was, and that there was nobody I could talk to with the authority to waive the policy. I wrote a letter complaining about Ms. ** who was assigned by the Office of the President to investigate a complaint about herself.

I emailed Ms. ** and asked if the situation could be resolved by her supervisor and if it was AT&T's practice to allow employees to investigate complaints about an employee's own conduct. I received a phone message from Amanda **. After returning my one phone call with a message Ms. ** chose not to call me back. I escalated to her supervisor Jason **. Mr. ** called me once on December 27th. It is now January 5th and he has not returned my many phone calls. This matter has been pending since July. AT&T's Office of the President is impertinent and incompetent. I am embarrassed to be an AT&T shareholder.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have 6 lines with AT&T, not because I love what they do, but because everything else is roughly of the same quality (I used to have Sprint). At least AT&T has technology compatible with the rest of the world. Now I needed to remove one line and leave 5. It turned out that it was not possible to do this complicated task from UI either on desktop or mobile (which I think is a feature, although I doubt that it brings any extra money to AT&T but a lot of grief to customers and additional work for their customer support). Not only it doesn't have this option, the help page that is supposed to explain how to do cancel service/remove line talks about everything but not how to this (a cruel joke, one would say).

After spending 30 minutes trying to unsuccessfully find a way, I connected to AT&T customer service and was assured that my problem was a temporary glitch and they would solve all my problems in a minute. A representative was really quick and completed a task in meager 20 minutes because she could not connect, and a system was too slow and AT&T has unusual call volume. When I noticed that the line was still available was assured that it takes 30 minutes and things would be resolved. Obviously, in the morning this line was still active and another call and another 20 minutes finally brought this to completion.

Next task, change caller ID. No success, for the last 4 days, the system comes back with a very informative message: "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are currently experiencing a temporary system issue that prevents us from retrieving your account information. You may contact our Customer Care department at 1-800-331-0500 or dial 611 from your wireless phone. (GUP901).". And this is after the assurance of the service person that my case was sent was a speedy resolution. Not to mention the obvious which is secondary to the broken functionality: slow, non-intuitive, looks very old.

My question: how long we consumers should tolerate this horror for a service that we pay a lot of money for a long time. When those behemoths would die and someone modern, agile and efficient would come to replace them. Meanwhile, I guess I would have to tolerate it because unfortunately, I don't know how to live without cell service

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I was an AT&T Wireless for about 10 years, starting with my first cell phone. I only switched because my husband got a significant work discount with another carrier. In 2016, AT&T's switching promo seemed too good to be true, so we came back. Turns out, it really was too good to be true. From day one, I've had constant billing issues. AT&T has a terrible habit of changing prices and fees without warning, forcing its customers to jump through hoops to get answers and fix problems. Your promotions are also quite misleading. No matter how many questions are asked up front, unsavory surprises seem to pop up once the bills come in.

The lack of transparency and pricing change-ups are now a part of our DirecTV experience, now that AT&T has taken that over. It's unfortunate, because we truly enjoy DirecTV. But my family is done accepting this unscrupulous, disrespectful treatment. We've already switched to a different wireless carrier for our phones. And we will change our TV service in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I had AT&T for about 6 months. After 6 months, we decided to transfer to Verizon due to bad reception at my house. After I cancelled, I was expecting a bill but I never received a bill by mail or by email. However, today I received a past due fee for a bill (for $1200) that was never sent to me. I called and asked if I paid the bill immediately if they would remove the fee, they said no. Verizon has much better service and is cheaper BTW!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I've been a loyal Wireless customer for 5+ years and a DirecTV customer for a year. Yesterday I spoke with multiple people at AT&T for roughly 4 hours wanting to upgrade my phone. After getting transferred around I finally connected with a supervisor in loyalty who offered me a promotion that I accepted. After speaking with her for longer I actually decided to switch my cable TV, fiber internet, upgrade my phone, and add a second line onto my account. While she was processing my order, we disconnected.

She left me a voicemail back letting me know she had annotated my account notes and that I could call back Loyalty at any time and they would see those notes / honor our agreement. Unfortunately, it's been the exact opposite. I've wasted hours being transferred around different departments, put on hold, lied to, misled, and treated poorly by various representatives. Just now I got off a 45 minute call where I was actually able to speak with a rep in Loyalty, who was actually helping me process my order! After roughly 40 minutes she said a manager would join the call to "complete my order", but he did the exact opposite and told me the offer was off the table, was "only available at that time", and that he would not honor it.

A complete and utter waste of my time trying to give these guys more businesses. If this is what trying to upgrade services is like, I can't imagine what cancelling is like, but I'm about to find out. I will be taking the entirety of my business elsewhere and I will never use AT&T for anything again. Just the worst overall customer service experience I have ever had.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I was a customer of AT&T Wireless for 11 years, going all the way back to the Cingular Wireless days. Multiple times I had encountered unsatisfactory customer service that nearly caused me to switch providers, but I opted to stay with AT&T out of convenience. The final straw was when my iPhone stopped working after nearly two years of use, so I went to the AT&T store to replace it. The employee at the location was extremely rude and completely dismissive. He refused to offer any assistance at aside from telling me the price of a brand new iPhone. I was so upset that I told him I was going to switch to Verizon. He laughed and said, "Okay. Bye." Within one hour I was a Verizon customer.

Now I am dealing with harassing phone calls from debt collectors claiming I owe a debt to Cingular Wireless. The only plausible explanation is that AT&T has charged a cancellation fee, despite having been a customer for over 11 years and being at least 23 months into a 24 month lease for the phone that stopped working (which insurance would not cover for reasons that the employee would not elaborate on and they would not give me any money back for a turn-in). Of course, the collectors cannot prove I owe the debt, so they keep selling it to other collectors every time I dispute the debt. Nonetheless, the harassing phone calls are irritating and would have never occurred if AT&T would have actually notified me that I owed a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee for a customer of over 11 years was the icing on the cake of over a decade's worth of horrible experiences dealing with AT&T customer services.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The program documentation is ironclad. All one must do to make an informed decision to avoid being baited and switched is read the 10,000 or so words of fine print. Fair enough. My problem is that the program was misrepresented by the salesperson at our local AT&T corporate store. Her name is Lisa. Lisa said, "We take your phones and pay off your balance at Verizon." The first part was true. She did take our phones. The second part was not true. We paid our $1K+ balance at Verizon with little help from AT&T.

A truthful representation by Lisa would have sounded like this: We will charge you full price for new phones, less a "trade-in value" for your old ones. After copious paperwork which you must do online (we can't do it in the store), you may after 2-3 months (if you are lucky enough to submit your paperwork properly) get a debit card that will be equal in value to the amounts you owe Verizon for each phone (which amounts she thoughtfully extracted from us) minus the trade-in value we have placed on each. Of course, if Lisa had given this truthful representation, we would not have been baited and switched. No one is his or her right mind would be knowingly bamboozled. Right? We will make our way back to Verizon soonest.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

This is the 2nd time we have upgraded our phones with AT&T and both times have been an utter disaster. Their staff members are so unqualified that it took almost 2 hours to upgrade 2 phones, and then they did not even provide us with the proper supplies to return the phone. The first time they KEPT the phone at the store! So I had to go back and get it when the threatening text messages and emails started showing up. The next time they never provided the return slip or padded envelope that was needed. Even though they told us it was in the bag. We had to go back 2 more times to get everything we needed. Now a month after we sent the phone back, they still have not processed it, and it is still showing on our bill.

Contacting customer service is useless!!! I spent almost an hour with them, before they told me that they were the WRONG DEPARTMENT and couldn't help me. Why waste an hour before knowing you can't help? ? No one wants to help you, now they blame it on the holidays, they want you to pay your bill that is blatantly incorrect and say that they will credit it later! I don't think so. I have yet to deal with a single competent employee with AT&T. I didn't think that customer service could get worse than Comcast but AT&T is sure trying their best to be worse.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Absolutely disappointed with AT&T. My mom switched from Verizon and EVERYTHING THEY PROMISED HAS NOT HAPPENED. They told her to pay off her 500$ phone and it will be reimbursed and now they are saying she only had 60 days to do so when originally they said she wouldn't get visa card for 90 days so she is stuck in a contract with liars. Also they talked us into DirecTV because it will be cheap!!! Well pretty basic cable is running about 80$ on top of a 170$ phone bill and now she eats the 500$ she paid towards a phone... the AT&T store in Lady Lake, Florida is a joke. Please beware they are scam artist and they have each others backs... taking advantage of a 60 year old woman going thru a divorce just for a little commission. Really Kenny, really Larry how do you sleep at night...

Resolution response: Jan. 10, 2018

Surprisingly AT&T resolved this issue. I received a call from a gentleman who works in the office of the president of the company. He offered to credit my account. I should have to complain to get my problem resolved but I was impressed with how it was handled after I complained formally. So kudos to AT&T for stepping up for me.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

They allegedly offer to pay your phone off if you switch carriers. What they actually do is tell you your paperwork is invalid when you submit it and you get nothing but a rip off price on your trade in phone and you are stuck paying your early termination fees, your lease, plus your new phone. They are as bad as everyone says.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was absolutely disgusted with the overall customer service with AT&T. About 2 weeks ago I upgraded my internet with them after 8 years of service with them. Home phone, home security, internet, and 5 cell phones. The actual purchase of the upgrade was fast. After that it was downhill. They told me a technician would be out the next day between 12-4 to install a new modem and router. So we took the day off to wait which was acceptable. Until he never showed up to install the new equipment. So we had to talk to several AT&T representatives that day to get the upgrade. So after about 2 hours on the phone they said it took 24 hours for the upgrade to actually take place. So then we waited the 24 hours for the upgrade to take place... it didn't.

So once again we called, placed on hold for 52 minutes to be hung up on. So we called back once again. Upon contact with a representative we were told they left our account open so it would take another 24 hours. So once again we wait 24 hours to call again. So after another wait period we called again, then they scheduled an appointment for another technician to come out 4 days later, until that technician also did not show up. So once again several phone calls to AT&T long wait times on the phone they scheduled another appointment. At that point in time the AT&T representative came 2 hours past the window that we were told and we still did not receive the internet speed we requested. Which then led to us leaving AT&T.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My phone was working last night and this morning it woke up to it had leaked the ink on the inside of the phone and nothing happened to it. Went to store. Said only thing they could do is make me pay off the phone and buy another. Yeah how ridiculous is that. Not my fault. The phone did what did. So I can even see the screen but can hear everything but I have to continue to pay for a broken phone monthly that I can't use or pay it off of 250 and still won't be able to use it then pay for new phone. Hell no. Not my fault what had happen to it. I can get it fix but be about 100 to 200 to fix. And they only take phones back after 14 of first signing up and don't care about that their customers have no working phones as long they get their money. They are getting as bad as Verizon. Getting too big headed and all about the money so no one should ever use them and go to a different company. I will be.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

WOW! In October a little gal called "from AT&T". Asked if I was happy with service and was there anything AT&T could do. I told her it would be handy if I got just one bill for DSL and Cell phone. "No problem," she says... "Let me just pull up your account..." She says they are running a special and she says she can really rev up my internet speed and if I add U-verse TV I'd pay $10 LESS on my bill. What a deal! What a special! Well no... Still have no combined bill. She more than doubled my Cell bill...

The U-verse has no channels I'd watch that I don't get free on my HD tv antenna for free. The DSL is triple what it was... And to turn off the U-verse TV box I have to pay an additional $150 fee to break a contract I never heard I had. I asked the operator today if the AT&T telemarketer who originally call was on commission... I still don't know. In November I called and asked the U-verse be cut off. I assumed it was done. Until I got the December bill. Since that operator did not follow thru it triggered the $150 cancellation fee as today the 30 day grace had passed. HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE DRAIN! AT&T after 30 years you are soon history in this household. MY WARNING TO MY FREINDS AT&T IS NO LONGER TRUSTWORTHY.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have been with AT&T for 5 years. Within the last few months something changed and I cannot receive service for 95% of the time yet they won't provide a solution to the problem while I'm paying my $100 bill monthly. It seems like I am paying for a service I am not getting. Tech support couldn't provide any answers and the online chat people were just rude. Tech support told me to update my phone, which I can't do because I don't get a signal. Drove 40 miles into town and sat at Truckstop for a hour to do the update which didn't help at all. My husband is paying half the amount through a reliable local carrier. My contract is up in March 2018 and I'll be switching the day it's up. I have stage 4 cancer and phone service is a necessity. I can't even dial out on the phone without 4 or 5 tries. Totally fed up with AT&T.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.att.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use