AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

AT&T Wireless Reviews

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Before traveling to Canada, I stopped in to affirm that out cellular plan would work while on vacation in the Canadian Rockies. The service rep checked and assured me that using our phones would be "just like we were at home". Four days into the trip I received a message about excess data usage...five days into the trip my data usage was blocked. Not at all what I was expecting.

Upon returning home I went to inquire about the problem. Miguel, who had assisted me before (he is friendly, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to help clients), did a quick check and said I'd have to wait until all the charges from that billing period had come though. Based on his check he stated that it appeared that any problem was an error on AT&T's part. The bill arrives - over $1,200!

I'm going to shorten the story...Miguel and the staff at the store spent hours (I was at the store for over 4 hours trying to resolve the problem with their help) supporting my claim that the excess charges were AT&T's responsibility and needed to be adjusted accordingly. With Miguel's help and support the billed amount was changed in accordance with what I had originally expected. Thanks to all their help...I'm very pleased!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I switch from Sprint (Sept. the 19th. 2019) because of the coverage that AT&T offer. While in the store with preparing to move 3 lines over, the rep. said that the activation frees would be waived. Six days later I got my bill and it showed that I was being charge $90.00 dollars for activating my 3 lines. I went back to the store and tried to get the fees taken off, and of course they would not do it.

After a while, I called in to At&t customer service and a new door of kindness opened up. Gretchen **. (the customer service rep.) took care of all the issues that I was have. I could not get all the fees removed, but enough to make me add another line to my account, with no activation fees.. "Gretchen, being a business owner I would like to say that the customer service that I received from you today was the best service that I have ever received in my life. Thank you for being understanding, and most of all, thank you for your 25 year of service with At&t"...

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

My cell phone was heating up and not keeping the charge. Went into the store and was told I would have to replace the phone. The AT&T tech, Garret **, asked me if I had insurance on the phone, which I did. He told me the web page to go on and told me it would cost about $120. He told me to bring the new phone in and he would take care of transferring everything to the new phone. It took one day and phone came. Took the new phone into the store and Garret did everything for me. I was very impressed as everyone in that store was helpful and did not try and sell me a new phone, which they could have, as I did not know about the insurance covering it. I will recommend that store in Palos Hts to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I changed my service to unlimited talk/text on the last day of my billing cycle. Somehow there was a double billing amount when I looked online to see my current payment. I went back to store (Pleasant Prairie, WI) and they were able to explain what happened and change to the correct amount. I realize billing sometimes doesn't factor everything in when you first get the bill, but I was assured I will pay what I expected to pay. Thanks to District Mgr. Mike and my store rep Derek. They both took the time to explain how the billing works. It was pleasure working with both Derek and Mike. I was a previous Verizon customer, and 30 months ago I switched over and I'm glad I did.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I originally got services end of 2017. Everything was wonderful. Super satisfied until May 2018. I called to see what options I had as I had to move due to a car accident and my parents already had services with AT&T. I made it clear I wasn't going back to the old address with original rep. She advised to put services on hold so I did. She said it was good for 6 months. 3 months in I was sent a bill as if I had restored services called and was given some ** answer and was told pay the bill it would fix itself. It never did. Called back and was told the account was being resuspended for me. Come to find out it never was. Then I got another bill today 2/6/2019 for $110 again they reactivated the services AGAIN.

I called and was livid kept getting this Asian woman that spoke horrible English and understood it even less until I was transferred to ED from Missouri who knew what he was talking about, made sense and got everything taken care off. I did have to cancel my account and will have to reactivate all over when I get to my place and there is a small fee to cancel but that's ok as he explained everything thoroughly and clearly and to where I understood and it made sense. HE and ONLY him restored my faith in AT&T and because of him I will come back once settled into my own spot. Thank you Ed for your upstanding customer service and customer relation skills. You are a real star of the AT&T team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

December 4, 2020. Michigan City, IN. I went in wanting to be a new customer knowing I would need a new phone, only needing the number ported. I spent nearly 3 hours there as they attempted to use their computer program that kept freezing. They tried calling tech support for help but their phones using their system kept breaking up. After almost 3 hours and many promises, I was baited to switch to a more expensive phone instead of the advertised special. I finally gave up without expecting any service, left the store and drove a block over to Verizon. 15 minutes later, I walked out with a fully functional phone, better and cheaper service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

ATT STORE 10318 Trinity Pkwy Suite D, Stockton, CA 95219 209-951-9763. ASSOCIATES **/**/**/**/**. 10/22/19 ** in store/ordered phone -gave deposit. 10/23/19 Enjoy (Natalie)texted and would not deliver phone. 10/24/19 1:07 talked to **/no supervisor in store. ** will call manager and return call in 5 min. 1:46 - no calls back from ** so called store. ** answers and told about problem and awaited call/said ** was with customer/said there was a supervisor (**) but was at lunch/asked for her to call back/no callback received.

10/25/19 Account holder in Att store talk to manager (**)/initiated delivery to store, per manager. Enjoy cancelled due to not delivering to AT&T store. Enjoy stated they will deliver to Starbucks/account holder not available. 10/29/19 ** In Store Talked with **/scheduled new phone delivery for 11/1/19 between 12-2pm/offered free charger, glass protection/phone case and waive all start up fees due to all the trouble. Stated he had called Enjoy and had no return call. ** communicated with ** and confirmed new delivery date/** as authorized user (again) and allowed ** to see screen with delivery date and time. ** initialed extra service on paperwork.

11/1/19 1:30 and no phone or call about delivery. Call made and ** answered. Told her the issue/she states there's no supervisor for the day. She was told of the lengthy troubles and the time spent so far; ongoing phone calls/visits to store due to none delivery, untrained/lying employees, documentation of all issues (plus the forthcoming initiation of a complaint to the BBB and CONSUMER AFFAIRS). ** then hangs up. Redialed and got **. He listens and confirms there is no supervisor on this date. He then states there is a supervisor (** again at lunch) and **'s schedule for Monday; the next business day and he will have him reach out to account holder or his mother (**). WHY WOULD ANYONE CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Hey my bank shows my account was paid November 30...please check your records before telling me I haven't paid. I'm telling you that when my contract is up in February, I'm going to cancel all of my services...that is DirecTV and ATT phone service. Thanks. Dissatisfied customer Dean. I am so sick of varied bill amounts and phone service...worst company to deal with. My advice. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I signed up for an AT&T bundle in August 2019 (cell phone and Directv). I've had to call every month since then to fight them over bogus charges hidden fees and extras I never ordered. I've spent hours on the phone trying to converse with people whose first language isn't English and who aren't empowered to help me anyway. I'm stuck with AT&T because of an early termination penalty. If I leave now I pay a penalty. If I stay I have to fight them every month. I'm staying but I'm warning people about AT&T! Thanks for listening!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I've been with ATT since '07, and am having the worst experience of my life. Ordered a new phone from ATT, they sent the wrong phone so I returned it. USPS delivered to ATT in mid-Oct but it is Dec and my refund is nowhere to be seen. I am continuously charged for the phone that I have returned and the reps have kept promising me to resolve them and provided a date, only for me to get a text to call back (spend another 1 h 30 on the phone explaining the situation and waiting for them to resolve/put in a case, etc.) right before the due date saying there is no resolution. Rinse and repeat for 2 months now. While ATT can't find the phone originally in their records despite the delivery confirmation from USPS (the return service they indicated, BTW), they have since found it but still refuse to refund me.

My case is constantly on a 'final' mode but yet I don't see any money and even though the case is supposedly escalated, I have seen nothing of the sort that shows that ATT is either willing to a) give me my money back like they should lawfully and rightfully, b) doing anything to rectify or compensate me for this experience. They don't take any steps to help improve the experience for me to even follow-up because I have to give the same information over and over again, and they see the cases but the reps close them because they're incentivized by their scorecard to do so even though my situation is clearly not resolved.

I am so disappointed and tired of this bureaucratic and selfish behavior by ATT where I am paying with not only my money, but also my time to rectify this mistake. One rep even had the gall to ask me to purchase another phone with ATT while I wait for this refund - as if I can trust ATT with any of my money after this?? I'm waiting for my refund before cancelling, but at this point, it looks like if I cancel my service, I'll get my refund, so I might just do that.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T is a publically traded company with headquarters in Dallas. The company has a 140-year history in the communications industry. Today, it offers home phone, cellular, Internet and television services. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid service, called GoPhone, are available for smartphones and basic phones.

• Rollover data: Unused high speed data on AT&T’s GoPhone plans will roll over to the next month. Data expires after one renewal period, but AT&T is one of the only prepaid providers to offer rollover data.

• Daily plan: Consumers can choose a plan, which they only pay for on the days when they make or receive calls. With this plan, consumers can purchase a small data package on a daily basis. This option might be especially appealing for parents or guardians who want their child to have a phone only for emergencies.

• Autopay discount: Customers who set up autopay to keep their phone active receive a monthly discount. The discount can save customers as much as $60 a year.

• Multi-line discount: AT&T offers discounts to consumers who add more than one line to their GoPhone accounts; consumers can add up to five lines to one account. The discount can be combined with the multi-line discount for more savings. This option might appeal to business owners or parents with multiple children.

• Features: All GoPhone plans come with voicemail, three-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting and caller ID. These features are included for free, but some do use minutes.

• Best for: AT&T GoPhone is best for parents, budget-conscious consumers and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs