3.6/5 (1394 ratings)

About AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless is the cellular branch of AT&T services. The company offers a variety of plan options to suit every customer's needs. Choices include unlimited text, talk and data plans, shared data plans and prepaid options. Customers can get a new phone from AT&T when they purchase a plan or continue using their current one.

Pros

• Several plan options
  • Includes streaming services
  • Wide range of coverage

Cons

• Low limits before data throttling
  • Not the cheapest plans

Bottom Line

AT&T Wireless offers cell phone plans with unlimited talk, text and data and mobile sharing plans. No-commitment prepaid plans are also available. AT&T isn’t the cheapest wireless company, but it’s a good option.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I traded in my iPhone 8 for the 11 Pro Max and was told I would get $700 off for the trade-in with auto pay. So, that would leave me with $400 to apt the phone off. Well it’s been over a year and well over $400 paid and was told I still owe over $600 to pay the phone off. I have spoke to several people only to be passed around to the next. I want to leave AT&T, but I have this hanging over my bill. Thanks. People please make sure they explain in detail because they will lie and rip you off.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

AT&T the worst cellphone company. I asked for a lower charge on the cellphone service and when I received my bill it was over $30 higher. Called customer service and they refused to correct. Also, when I changed service due to them lying to me, I changed in the middle of the service date and they charged me for the full month. If you cancel your service one day into the billing cycle date you will be charged for the full month even though you cancelled your service. Plus, you cannot not use your cellphone because the service is disconnected. So you are paying for a full month of service that you cannot use. THIEVES.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

This is the worse company on the planet. I tried to switch my wireless carrier to AT&T and it was a nightmare and I spent over 20 hours while they made mistake after mistake. They took my order to switch my four existing numbers. Then they lost the order. I called back. They sent me new SIM cards for 4 new numbers, not my old ones. Went to service center. They said they would be able to make switch but it may take days and they had to cancel original order and start over which may interrupt my service during that period. Then called to just cancel order. They billed my $289 and threatened me with collection for something they screwed up. They are thieves and incompetent. I paid it to protect my 830 credit score but I will never, ever do business with AT&T wireless. I would rather use a landline than deal with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I like Sam's Club but their partnership with AT&T has to go. I contracted with AT&T at Sam's Club. They promised me $110 a month for three phones and the same coverage as Verizon at least in my area. On top they explained I had nothing to lose with a 30 day trial. Sounds good right! Well... I had a weak signal at my house and 10 miles of sparse to no coverage on my way to work. So I sent it all back and thought that was the end of that. They did a $380 direct debit to my credit card. Well... Attempted anyway it so happens I had an issue with that card and it did go through. So I called them and reminded them of the 30 day trial. They apologized and said they would take care of it and sent me a receipt saying the same.

The following month I got another attempt to debit my card this time for $271. Again I called and the gentleman said my account read balance due $0, and he didn't know what I was talking about. The following week I get a nasty letter "FINAL NOTICE" they are turning me into collections. So again I call this time they know nothing about the $0 balance and can't understand why I haven't paid my bill. I ask for a supervisor, just when it sounded like he was going to take care of it and hour and a half later we were disconnected. Well... I waited 20 minutes since he had my number and I didn't have his. I call back and ask for "Jesus" the supervisor. No one knows a supervisor by that name.

I start over this time a few minutes into the call the gal says she took care of it and I would be getting a confirmation in my email. I ask if I can have that confirmation number? She replies "No". It has to be generated? But offers her name and ID number. I take it and write it down. To date no email confirmation. Now a week later I again am being harassed by AT&T starting over. They advised me that they just debited the original $380. I don't see how they could have that card has been canceled. Here we go again, now I'm sure I will be getting another final notice. I'm checking into FCC complaints and I will be repeating this with every review location I can find. Why would I or anyone else do business with an unethical company like this. I promise AT&T we will never do business, and Sam's you should think twice who you associate with and vouch for.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I hired ATT internet service, in theory it was going to be installed on September 17th, today is October 7th and they've been rescheduling my appointment, as of today I have no clear answer when will they fix their technical issue; I have NO internet service from ATT and I am trying to work from home.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Upgraded cell phone through AT&T service over telephone using third-party vendor. This person got my credit card information as I had to pay the taxes on the phone prior to them sending me the upgrade for me to exchange and send back. Within two weeks of my credit card details being shared with the third-party vendor, a charge for Over $500 was put onto my debit card, claiming to be AT&T ( mimicking AT&T’s normal monthly statements almost to a T using their phone number (correct) and details in the batch charge) which was authorized and then two days later cleared.

Subsequent calls to AT&T this was indeed fraud, they had not charged my card for $500 and change. Charges disputed with bank etc. Fast forward to yesterday I receive a text on my cell phone from AT&T not fraudulent, this was the legitimate text I get every time I get information on my billing or account information. This text basically says, "We still haven’t received your trade-in and you will be charged $500 and change if we don’t receive it by December."

Here’s where it gets interesting. The phone was sent back to them the next day after I received it via United States Postal Service and they probably have it in hand already, however the dollar amount that they threatened me with to charge if they don’t receive my phone in two months, is the exact amount to the penny that was charged fraudulently claiming to be AT&T.

I didn’t even know what the exact dollar amount would be if my phone wasn’t received. There’s only two people on earth that would probably know that either myself (had zero idea) or the representative from third-party that I gave my credit card information to to pay the taxes on the phone. Beware, GO TO AN OFFICIAL LOCATION and trade your phone in, do not give your credit card information to a third-party associate overseas or not an actual AT&T employee. This is being investigated by AT&T and my banking institution, however figured I would share my experience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Have had ATT x 25 years…used all over the world with great service…was a flight attendant. We currently are living 20 miles from EL Paso, TX. Why do we have 1 bar of service?? Not like we are in Africa or Antarctic. Please help us!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have been with AT&T for 7 years. I am very satisfied with their service. I will highly recommend them for cell phone service as I never had any problems with my phone I bought there or the great service they provide.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The network seems to be ok, however, their data on the LTE is awfully slow. I have used their customer service a few times, and have been well pleased with it. Their choice of phones is good, and service in rural areas is great.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I've been with my cell phone company for 4 months after switching from a company I had for several years. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. They turned my service off not for lack of pay but for lack of me using my phone daily. Had to go through a million different things to have it restored. Now I feel as though they are spying on me.

AT&T Wireless Company Information