3.7/5 (741 ratings)

About AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless is the cellular branch of AT&T services. The company offers a variety of plan options to suit every customer's needs. Choices include unlimited text, talk and data plans, shared data plans and prepaid options. Customers can get a new phone from AT&T when they purchase a plan or continue using their current one.

Pros

• Several plan options
  • Includes streaming services
  • Wide range of coverage

Cons

• Low limits before data throttling
  • Not the cheapest plans

Bottom Line

AT&T Wireless offers cell phone plans with unlimited talk, text and data and mobile sharing plans. No-commitment prepaid plans are also available. AT&T isn’t the cheapest wireless company, but it’s a good option.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

If I could rate AT&T a 0, I would!!! They are rude, not responsive and helpful and they always add extra charges on your account if you don't pay attention! The customer service is the nightmare to deal with! I just left AT & T and that was the best decision I made, I love T-Mobile so far!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Great service but living in a rural area the service is spotty in some areas, the towers need upgrading, otherwise it's a great phone company .. They treat you like a human and tell you what is wrong w your service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I have been an AT&T customer for almost 12 yrs. now and up until four months ago and other than occasional issues with my bill, all was ok. Since August '22 to date (12/28/22) I have called EVERY MONTH to dispute charges for services that are not included in my plan, like insurance, "AT&T Up Next, Unlimited Service, etc. (The outrageous thing happened when I broke my iPhone 14 screen and they denied the claim thru the insurance, because "it was cancelled" and yet, being charged!!!!) Every time I called the Rep stated that it won´t happen again... I´m tired of this game and lack of quality service. Any suggestions other than have to switch wireless provider?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

I should have stayed with T-Mobile. Same day phone replacement turned into a week, to many issues to type, and I haven't even been with them for 60 days. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and FCC.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

I switched to AT&T with the promise of better coverage and savings on monthly service. Service: terrible. Cost: same speed: slower. 2 of 4 lines have constant issues unable to receive/make calls, texts. Constant calls to customer service to complain and fix the issue. Frustrating because you are transferred to the wrong department several time before actually talking to the correct department. I tried to file a complaint within AT&T. When I finally arrived at the right person, a few minutes into the call she went silent and hung up on me. I heard background noise and kept saying hello, hello. She never even tried to call back. I pay my bill. I'm not looking for free service. I just want the service I pay over 300.00 a month for. Not to mention I also have internet and t.v service I pay to AT&T as well. So I am a loyal customer, but I don't receive loyal wireless service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I have been with this company over 6 years and they broke their contract with me this summer. They forced me to change plans. The price of my plan is different every month. I have called 4 different times to get this corrected and never get a resolution. I will be switching carriers. Stay away from this company. They will cheat you. It’s sad they can just break the contract when they choose to.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

@ATTWireless Never received service. Called 13+ times, went to store, and spent HOURS talking to 100% incompetent people yet still made to pay 3 months of bill when SERVICE WAS NEVER ACTIVATED. #worstcompanyever

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I didn't know that AT&T continued auto pay after a customer stopped using it months ago. Therefore, AT&T has received two payments one on 12/7/22 for $166.34 auto pay that I'm NOT signed up for. Another one on 12/8/22 for $168.00 paid cash in the store at the kiosk. I feel that the kiosk should have known that AT&T already received payment the day before. Therefore, the balance should have been zero. I really need AT&T to stop this unauthorized autoplay! I have never had issues like this before with any other merchant. Fix it asap!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I switched to AT&T due to an ad detailing their prices. Went to the AT&T store and they were very helpful, however, once everything was paid for and we left, everything changed. The new phones were sent with instructions to set them up ourselves. Called the store and told them they told me they would do it, they said that was optional. Had them do the set up. They gave us the labels and boxes to return the old phones. Cleaned all the data and mailed them back in July.

First bill comes and it is nothing like what the store told us, much more. Went again to the store and they attempted to fix it. Next month, still same and still no credit for the returned phones. The store said it takes 4-5 months to get the credit - really? 4 months later, still no discounts as promised and still no credit on phones. Call them and they say they never received the phones. I have the receipt documents from UPS with signatures from the person who took the packages, sent them over with the phone serial numbers and all the labels, everything. Said they had to investigate, still waiting for a response. 4 months later, nothing is resolved, I should have stayed with T-Mobile. Regret switching to AT&T. I will open a complaint if I do not receive credit for my 2 phones returned.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

In February 2022 during an online chat with a representative of AT&T I was approached with an offer for an iPhone 12 with the total price being $180 paid at $5 a month. During this conversation I specifically asked, "If I decided to leave AT&T I would only have to pay the 180$ minus the $5 monthly payments I had already made." I was told, "Yes that is correct." I went a step further and said, "If the iPhone 12 is only $180 total and I only have to pay the remainder of that total if I leave AT&T before the phone is paid in full, I will take one." Again, I was told, "Yes that is correct." I went online today to pay off the device and it shows I owe $547.47.

After speaking to numerous employees, I was told by a manager named Aaron that they do not have to honor what was told to me on the chat because the employee made a mistake. I however before agreeing to the upgrade proceeded with due diligence and relied on what I was told by the AT&T employee, and I agreed to the upgrade based completely on what I was told by the employee. I am more than happy to pay the amount for the device that I was quoted, however I should not have to pay for a mistake or even worse deceptive sales practices by an AT&T employee. I have a copy of the chat transcript from AT&T showing exactly what I was told to get me to purchase the device that they now will not honor.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I had issue with my husband's phone and called customer service feeling frustrated but was greeted with this wonderful young man named Torron! He had such great energy and positive attitude that it just made my day better! I think everyone at customer service could learn from Torron and he deserve stars or medals for putting great ratings for At&t. Torron thank you!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Supervisor "Nadia **", who refused to provide her ID number, admitted to me that the AT&T store where I bought my phone messed up when they sold me the phone. She said they dropped the ball in recording the proper IMEI number for the phone onto my account and put it under the wrong phone number, even though my daughter has been using another phone number (also listed on the account) for her phone. This has caused an issue with me getting her broken phone repaired through insurance. She said the phone call was being recorded and when I later called her out on admitting the mistake, she said she didn't say that. She is a liar and is willing to lose a cell phone, TV and internet customer over it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Moved 8 phone lines over, well still trying to move them over. Would never do this again. Feel totally misled by the sales rep. 100 % lied to by the sales rep, Can't properly describe the disgust I feel with this company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Been with AT&T for over a decade. They used to be a good company but not anymore. One thing is for certain, you will pay much more than they tell you you'll pay. They are very crafty on how they do it. They provide "promotions" that will lock you into a particular amount of time and/or product. The bill they say you will pay seems reasonable, maybe even cheap compared to the service you are getting. The first few months, they explain, will be a little higher until the promotion rate kicks in. This is a strategy called "conditioning". They are conditioning you to realize your plan really costs that much. So when the promotion kicks in, you are relieved to be paying the amount you expected from the beginning. Everything is fine for a while (12-18 months). Then promotions start wearing off. Overnight your bill can jump astronomically.

For me, I have 5 lines for my entire family. Each line was given a loyalty promotion of $10 - $15 dollars off. This is a promotion that AT&T use to make the plan affordable. This loyalty program is designed to make the plan affordable at the beginning and then after you are well into your contract/installment plan, the loyalty program expires. Now, your plan goes up $50-$75 dollars a month, every month. So now you're paying a lot more for the same product. But there is good news, if you renew, they can offer you the loyalty plan again on a new contract. Starting the cycle all over again. The only way out, pay the extra $50-$75 a month for the next 6-12 months or pay a one time buyout of $200- $450. It's a great system if you own stock in AT&T but not if you are a customer.

To summarize, their loyalty program just means that you will have to be loyal to them or pay hefty for your freedom. Just sad really, there was a time that I used to praise AT&T. I believed they were the best. Even convinced my wife and her extended family to switch. Most have since paid their way out but we stuck around until AT&T pulled another bait and switch. We are now officially looking (for another option) and willing to pay most anything to stop the bleeding here with AT&T. I miss the good old days when AT&T was a customer centered business.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I have been a customer of AT&T for decades - and I also have a good portion of stock in this company I have been invested in. I am completely disappointed and frustrated with the experience I have had with AT&T in the last few months. I went in and traded my iPhone in for a new phone. While I was at the store, the salesperson talked me into switching my plan to their new "unlimited" plan. It has been a nightmare since. The amount I was told I would pay is not what I pay now - I pay MUCH more. I tried to return the new phone and end my business - but the store had already sent my phone out - despite it being against company policy. After much frustration and hours of talking with both store and agents on the 611 AT&T "customer service" line - they claimed to have solved the problem and quoted me (again) a fair cost. Yet, when it came time for the bill - it was (again) way over what I was told.

This has gone on and on - with a new excuse each time. Their phone agents tell me not to trust that the store employees know what they are talking about - and the store employees tell me not to trust what the phone agents tell me. At this point, I agree with both of them - as neither seem to get things right. Recently, I dropped my plan down several notches - as I was told that was the only way I could get the rate I was promised originally (at their store) - the reason I was given was that the store employee that quoted me the price did not know what he was doing. But - AT&T does not honor their deals apparently if their agents promise incorrect pricing. Next, I was told I could get a "Teacher Appreciation" discount now. I have been a teacher for more than two decades in the second largest district in our state. The phone agent that set this up said I had to go to an AT&T store to upload my teaching badge to keep the deal.

I drove up to a nearby store to do this. The store told me they could not upload my badge because of the way the phone agent set it up in the system. I called the AT&T 611 number - while at the store - and the store employee and I spent almost an hour trying to simply upload my badge and finalize the "appreciation" discount with the phone agent. The agent on the phone clearly struggled with English - which both the store employee and I noticed. I now ask the AT&T phone agents to send me e-mail confirmations while I am still on the phone with them - as they consistently give me misinformation, wrong prices - and before when I asked them to please be sure items were noted in my file (and was told they were) - the next time I called the new agent claimed nothing was recorded.

Anyhow, when I got the e-mail at the store - I noticed immediately that the name of my school district was completely wrong. Both the store employee helping me and I attempted multiple times to have the phone agent find/fix the name of the school. I was never sent confirmation that it was fixed - but was told by both the store employee (that did his best I must say) and the phone agent that it was all set and no need to worry about the wrong name. Well, I got an e-mail a day or so later saying that my teaching badge didn't match the school name and therefore my "appreciation" discount could not be verified - with a link to upload my badge again. I tried calling 611 (AT&T) to explain this (tonight) - but the agent said their system was down and he could not access my account.

Instead of uploading my badge (again) - I uploaded a PDF with a plea for someone, just one competent employee in this business - to please note the actual spelling of my school district (shared many, many, many times with both the store employee - who graduated from the district and was working in a store located within the boundaries of the district - and the phone agent that struggled to fluently communicate). I included the full title of my employer (school district) - again. I have less than 1% confidence anything will be done correctly by this company.

I will likely sell my holdings in the company (I have it in my retirement account as it paid a nice dividend) and, as soon as I am able (they locked me into a new plan which I'm stuck with until the new phone is paid off - since they "accidentally" got rid of my trade in before it was supposed to be removed from the store) will move my business to a better provider. Bottom line - if you are not a cell customer with AT&T - I advise you STRONGLY consider this tale before signing up with them. If this is how they treat a customer of decades - imagine how they just might treat you as a new customer...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I don't even know where to start. This company is a joke. They make promises they can't keep. They change your plan without informing you. They can't get your bill right. EVER! I have only been with AT&T for 6 months and I have to call them at least 3 times a month take the correct something on my bill. I have had to file two warranty claims because of faulty phones. When I filed the claims I was told I would rather new phones within 24 to 48 hours of the phone call. One phone took 6 days to get to me. On day 4 I was told by a technical support manager that I can track down the phone, find the UPS truck and go get the phone myself two states away. Now today I'm dealing with the same issue, today is day 2 and the phone hasn't even been shipped, after I paid the extra money to make sure I received it within 24 to 48 hours. As of right now, they are telling me they can't do anything to help me. Date of experience: November 08, 2022.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Was told they had 5G in my area and even confirmed on their map that they had it in my area. Turns out that they plan to have it because when I connected my 13 Pro Max to their service there was zero 5G in my area. Tried to cancel service and they lost my trade in phone and I was told to pound sand. Do not fall for their gimmicks, they are not as good as Verizon. Stay away from AT&T.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I had an issue with the mobile phone and since I had the insurance (Asurion) I decided to make a claim. During the claim the customer service person gave an advice to make sure I return the device with the envelope they are providing. So I received the new device on 7/5/2022 and return the old device in the envelope they provided on 7/7/22.

When I was dropping off the device in the outgoing drop off mailbox at my condo, I was a little worried how I am going to prove that I sent out the device??!! So I took the video and the picture which the package was going into the outgoing mailbox completely. I kept this video as an evidence of sending the old device back to AT&T. And about 2 months later phone bill came in with $725 penalty for not returning old device. So I told them how I sent it back and I have a video as an evidence. Then they say I need to give them tracking number so they can remove the penalty. How am I going to receive the tracking number when I dropped it off at the outgoing mailbox.

I have talked about 5 different customer service person to take care of this matter, they asked me to go to the AT&T corporate store and show the video so I did showed the video to the manager and he called customer service that he witness the video which was showing that the package was dropped fully in the outgoing mailbox. And then next day when I called they said it is useless, and asked me to go to the post office and give my name and the address because USPS is their partner courier and initiate the label on the envelope so they should have the tracking number.

I went in 2 times to the USPS and they were saying they do not keep billions of people's information to track, AT&T should have the copy when they sent out the package which I agreed. I even gave RMA number to AT&T and they say they do not have any information on the package. This was not making sense at all to me. They should have the information which envelope has been sent out to the customer so they can track. But they said they do not have them.

First of all, why didn't AT&T customer service told me that the barcode on the envelope is the tracking number and I should have kept it. Until I called them 3 times AT&T did not mentioned that the barcode was the tracking number!! Who knows? the packaged might have been delivered to the AT&T facility and they might have lost it or misplaced it?? As a customer I have done what I was told and I even took the picture and the video. I wanted to send in the video but they said they cannot receive them by email and because they can't see it they do not know if it was sent!! So there is no way for me to send in the video. Actually they are not trying to receive the evidence of sending package and keep asking for the tracking number.

No advice was given for tracking number. The device was sent in the envelope AT&T provided. And it is all customer's fault for not having tracking number and pay $725 for the device. I wanted to pay and get over with this matter but this is so wrong how they handle it. AT&T customer service should do their work right before putting all the responsibility to the customer. Because the customer can only follow their instruction. Last three days, I was on the phone with AT&T for an hour or more. Stressful!! I am going to make another call now to tell them USPS does not have any information.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

AT&T makes false promises and refuses to stand behind them. This time I purchased a new phone and was told if I changed to the upgraded plan, which I didn't need but they said would ultimately be cheaper, they made the absolute promise that I would not lose my discounts. Losing my discounts would cost me MORE for a plan I don't need! I waited for the discount to show up, when it didn't I called. I was told I would have to wait for 2 months bills before it would show up, and would be prorated. So I waited. By then, roughly 3 months had passed (waiting for the first bill, then for 2 months bills, to be sure).

On June 10, no discount. I called again. I was told first, that she would give me the AARP discount, then she said how about a 25% discount. I said sure! That would take care of it. Again I waited the required 2 months for this latest change to show up. By then it was mid August. Now, I've had the pile of correspondence notes, and bills, held together, waiting for a chance to spend an hour on the phone trying to reach someone and go through the long explanation yet again. Life goes on.

Then Hurricane Ian hit last week, so more delays getting prepared and cleaning up (somewhat). My bill is due on the 6th and when I sat down to pay it I saw they had charged me a late charge for a bill that was literally paid 2 weeks early, by electronic payment. I had to call. I explained the whole situation and was told they would refund the late charge, which is fine, but that TOO MUCH TIME had gone by to do anything about my discount!!! TOO MUCH TIME WAITING ON THEM TO PROCESS THE CHANGE!!!

I am livid and after having AT&T for my wireless carrier since my very first cell phone, the only carrier I've ever had, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! EVERY time I make a change with them, I get screwed with their false promises! I'll be checking out T-Mobile or one of the many other companies that are cheaper anyway! Thanks AT&T for your customer loyalty.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

AT&T requires customers to provide a social security just to open an account, no matter what customers buy. The exception is prepaid accounts, but many options are not available on prepaid accounts. The fact that we have to give our social security number to a person is actually putting us at risk of leaks. A customer service person can sell that information on the black market and cause a huge amount of hardship to people for the rest of their lives. Internet transactions can be breached, employees of AT&T who have access to customer account data like social security numbers can mishandle that information which in turn can be leaked, or they can just sell it, especially employees who are about to leave the company.

People cannot change social security number, so once there is a breach, people will be at risk for the rest their lives. And as much as AT&T says that they take the protection of personal information seriously, they cannot guarantee that they will not be breached, nor that employees will not sell that information, and if that happens, AT&T takes ZERO responsibility for the financial hardship it causes its customers. AT&T is being EXTREMELY disrespectful towards users by failing to offer an alternate option to providing a social security number.

AT&T should understand that social security numbers should not be collected unless there is an absolute need AND no other option is possible. Sensitive information should not be handled by a customer service rep on the phone, nor be accessible by employees, except very few, who handle devices purchased on installment plans. In fact, if those installment plan loans are handled by a 3rd party financial institution, then users should be redirected to them to handle the sensitive information without AT&T as an intermediary, because financial institutions are regulated much more strictly when it comes to handling sensitive information like social security number.

I am trying to activate an eSIM for an Apple Watch in family setting for my child, it costs about $14 per month, and AT&T is asking me for my social security number. I am not buying a device, and I am willing to pre-pay 12 months worth of service in order to avoid giving my social security number, but AT&T wireless has ZERO option to activate an Apple Watch without giving our social security number. There is no prepaid plan for Apple Watches, their product management team completely failed to see the market for prepaid watch plans in Family settings. The Apple Watch can be set up as a stand alone watch (Family Setting) for a child, an elderly person who doesn't have an iPhone or cannot afford one, and has a family member set up the watch.

The plan for the Apple Watch is only $14 per month, it does not justify in any way putting customers' financial livelihood at risk by asking for a social security number. There are many people who can afford to buy their device without monthly installments, they buy it unlocked then activate the device on a wireless network, why should those people be forced to put themselves at risk by giving their social security number? I got my iPhone activated on a pre-paid plan specifically to avoid giving my social security number, but now that I want to activate a watch on a $14/mo plan, I'm supposed to give my social security number?

Come on, AT&T, you can do better than this.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

AT&T gave my area no warning they would be down for 10 days. When you call they say there is no problem, but everyone in town with that service is down. They won't give you any credit and they say they have no idea when the problem will be fixed. Then they make it difficult to unlock the phone and want to charge fees to leave. I have been a customer for 5 years. They don't care, don't use them!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Starting with my most recent disappointment with AT&T, here are the facts: I upgraded my mobile service to take advantage of a better package. A representative came to my house with the new phones for my kids, set up the new phones and left. There was no mention of the old phones, either to give them to the representative or to mail them in. My phone was part of the FirstNet program, so I had to go to the store to set it up. Apparently, it was older and did not need to be returned.

Later that week a representative came to set up our new DirecTV. We were informed to return the old DirecTV equipment to UPS. We did as instructed. I later received a text message to return devices. I called and said the devices had been returned (DirecTV). None of the representatives could tell me what devices they were asking for. Eventually, I was charged for devices they said I hadn't returned. I called and after speaking to several representatives, someone told me the devices were phones. AT&T sent me a label to return the first phone and I did.

After the phone was in the mail, I was told that it was too late to return the phone and that I had to pay for it or lose my service. Hence I paid for a phone I was never told to return, AND I also returned the phone. I spoke to a manager, who said there was no way to give me credit for the phone that I paid for and returned. I was on the phone with AT&T reps for over FIVE 5 hours AND I went into the store for at least half that time, and that was my final resolve. I, the customer, was misinformed, frustrated, wasted half the day, I am out of a phone and out of $374. To boot, the manager had an attitude :(.... No good.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I recently traveled to the Dominican Republic from 8/31-9/2/22. Sometime after I arrived, I received a text message from AT&T opting me into international for AT&T. I declined the service and elected to turn off cellular and roaming on my device. Fast forward, I receive the bill only to be charged over $60 for 1 hr of data and then over $60 for text service. I called customer support on 9/26/22 to discuss the bill, and the representative was really of no help. I inquired as to how I used so much data within an hour and all she can say is that, "You used the data and I can't give a credit." It's not all about the credit, I would like some type of explanation. Then when I inquired about the text message charged she said, "Well you used them and even if you turned the cellular off that company billed us so we billed you."

I was frustrated that the rep wasn't actively listening so I hung up. I proceeded to call back on 9/27/22, I was on the phone for almost an hour with Stephen and he was astonished as to why my data bill was so high for an hour and only for one day, he also said he can see why I was frustrated and also apologized for the service I previously received by saying that she was probably frustrated because they receive a lot of these calls. I told him I understand but I also have valid concerns. Even to the fact that even if I have on wifi, if the app permission isn't turned off, if you go into an area with weak wifi they pull from your data, never heard of this.

He offered me a suggestion of rerating my bill for the $10 a day for international for the text and providing some type of credit for the data, after being on hold for so long he came back and said his manager disapproved the credit and that I was responsible. I am not neglecting the fact that I am responsible for the text messages, even though it's very misleading but I do need some type of explanation for this data charge.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

After five years of miserable signal strength, we finally cut the cord on AT&T yesterday. Went through an hour-long process of deactivating and requesting a pin #. But after the call, at the new phone store, it was discovered that AT&T had put a hold on our account. Never was informed of this and there was no reason. We own our two phones and also we were on auto-pay system with our credit card. So we couldn't use our new sim card. After an hour-long call with AT&T (again) we were informed that it would take 3-5 days to release our hold. Meanwhile we had no phones. And this is the night before Hurricane Ian hit us in Florida.

Next day spent another hour on phone with "Carmen" in Philippines and she started case #**. Then she PROMISED she would stay on the line as she transferred us to her Port Activation Center. But she DISCONNECTED us and the new CSR had no idea of what was going on. And his system wasn't able to get any information on our case. He asked us for a phone # to call us back but since we had no phones, this was obviously a stupid request. We finally gave him neighbor's #. He finally called us back after 30 minutes, said our service was now with T-Mobile and he could “not expedite our ticket”. We were told to wait for a “call-back” but no ETA. Carmen had said it would take 3-5 days. Meanwhile the hurricane is bearing down on us! Five hours wasted now, and still no phone use. THIS IS WHY AT&T IS LOSING CUSTOMERS AND REVENUE!!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Left Sprint for better service with AT&T, well that’s what the salesman told me anyway. I have dropped calls, pixelated FaceTime and from time to time no signal at all. In my opinion, this is worse than Sprint.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Buch of lies. Traded in my phones and we were going to be credited $250 for our phones we traded. Don't see credit in the bill. Our monthly bill should be $115 to &120 month consistently. Calling at&t to fix my bill. They really like ripping people off. Supposedly we were not in a contract. Last minute we find out we can't move to another carrier because we're stuck with them till the phones get paid off. Not a good provider. They promise you lots of thing but don't believe them. They're liars.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I am waiting over 5 months to receive trade in credit for a phone. Still no credit. I turned the phone into the store and the store didn't process my phone trade in. ATT is keeping $22 per month from our agreed upon contract.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I have a confirmation of an arrangement set on Aug 29 @ 8:56am. I have the actual picture confirmation from the website yet services were turned off while I was in the middle of nowhere. Lost without navigation and AT&T still did nothing even though it’s their error.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

AT&T is TERRIBLE!!! I used to have T-Mobile and they were great, I was approached by a AT&T salesperson in a Target and they convinced me to switch because they offer a good discount to law enforcement agencies (which I work at), they said they would pay my phones off with T-mobile, they told me I would get a $250 Target gift card for switching because I already had AT&T for internet and the representative told me I could get an AARP discount if I signed up for it. So I switched. I paid $12 to get an AARP membership just for the discount.

I called about a week later after I got my new phones and they told me I could not get both the AARP discount and the law enforcement discount (so I wasted that $12). They had my bill in the system without any discounts so I had to reset that up. About 3 weeks in I got a $1077 bill from T-mobile and asked AT&T if they were going to cover it like I had been told and they said no they can't. They just apply a credit to my bill which is not helpful for me. I was upset and wanted to cancel my plan altogether and they sent me to a "higher up" rep and he told me he was sorry about all of this but unfortunately there was nothing he could do. Then about 4 weeks into it I noticed a bill had not been generated so I reached out to AT&T and asked when my bill would be due. She told me 9/17 (which I screenshot that chat for confirmation), I received a bill on 8/23 that said it was due the next day 8/24.

When I reached out and asked about it the rep said that he was sorry I was misinformed but that I needed to pay that bill on that day because it was my first bill with them and he couldn't change it! I am now 1300 in debt and I have not received the $250 Target gift card!! AT&T is just a bunch of liars and now I am stuck with them as my provider because I will owe them the money for 3 iPhone 13s if I cancel with them. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM FOR YOUR OWN PEACE OF MIND!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I join At&t from T-mobile but I regret it this move because their customer service is zero star and their service is worst than Sprint. My business was down for 3 days and again 7 days and nobody from them and still lying from your face. Please don't join to this suck company. I have proof of pictures saying no internet. I screenshot it inside of downtown of Ann Arbor Michigan and I have proof of voice. I record it from their customer service by the phone. Anyone who need contact me.

AT&T Wireless Company Information