AT&T Wireless

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5
Based on 3,681 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Wireless Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

In August 2019 I saw an online offer BOGO and ordered a new Samsung 10 on my line with an addition of a new line which will have a free phone of Samsung Galaxy 10e. This was a available only online. When I clicked BOGO link and ordered the above mentioned, the order went through with no warning or alert. I got the phone and used it for a month. The credit for free phone was credited. So I called the customer service. The rep said it would take 1 to 3 months. He said it was backlogged. I called back after 3 months. The rep said I did not have the unlimited data plan and that was a qualification. I did get details until I persistently called for few weeks. I escalated this (I think) to higher managers in customer service. Here is the problem and here how AT&T cheats on customers.

1. AT&T should do the due diligence of checking my account and tell right away if I would qualify. They their Requirements and all my details. They did not do that. All I can tell them at the time of order is, if I am willing to take a new line, willing to take installment plan, etc.
        2. When I called customer service after a month they should have checked properly and told me the correct information. Instead they gave me a generic message of wait for 1 to 3 month. I had to wait with a hope. This is clearly not a good customer service of AT&T. Low valued AT&T service plays with customers' time and money.

3. To get an idea of what AT&T think what had happened, I had to call persistently for 5 months, several calls and talking to customer service representative and explain the story over and over again.

If AT&T could have done the due diligence and checked and let me know right away, I would have made a different decision. It is a cheap cheat business and very unethical business. I would not recommend AT&T to anyone and especially their online promotions is cheating system as it is now.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I called to get my cave-man phone device upgraded in SEPTEMBER 2019 because it was completely dead. I was overseas at the time when I called. I asked to have it shipped to my home in the US. The REP. was friendly and helpful and it took less than 20 minutes. COME OCTOBER I had to call again because when I asked friends and family to check on my order, there was no package to be found. I called again and the REP. could not understand why it had not moved from the warehouse. He promised to put it on priority. I asked him what that meant and he stated "It will be shipped out the next day."

COME NOVEMBER, I had to call again because the previous REP gave me a tracking # and I had been tracking it. It was still in the warehouse...in November and he promised me back in October. COME DECEMBER, I called. I got other people involved to call and check on my order and we kept getting the same answers "I don't know why it hasn't shipped. Try cancelling and re-ordering."

Here we are in JANUARY. I am back in the States still with no phone from them. I walk into a retail location. They have no records or notes of why it was never shipped out. Again, more "I don't know." They cannot help me because they know nothing except that somewhere along the way, my line was cancelled. Yes, I stopped paying because I never got my phone. I tell them all what happened and they cannot help and suggest I talk with billing. I call billing and was on the phone for 1:43:55. At the end of that long conversation I was promised a new device with the total of that device balance being $0.00 because I had been given the run around for a simple upgrade.

I asked him to put it in writing and email that to me. He sent me a copy of that email. I walk into another retail location and the REP scoffed at the potential of me walking out with a new phone for free. Literally, scoffed in my face. There were about (no joke) 7 REPS on the floor all looking at me with no help. I called billing again to confirm the email and she did and I put her on the line with one of the retail sales REP and he witnessed it. 2 hours later, literally, with the sales REPs sitting and watching, I walked out without my phone.

I called billing again and they said that I could not get a phone for free. After being referred to every department, they all said the same thing "We cannot really do much about this." I was so confused. I ordered a simple upgrade, never received it. I was promised a new phone and then told I could not receive that either. It would have been different if they had not promised it BUT THEY did and then took that promise back. This was from SEPTEMBER-JANUARY. After many conversations, I had to leave the company which is sad because I had never had a problem with AT&T. So sad. What made it even worse is that AT&T told me that they cancelled my line in OCTOBER without any notifications of them doing so BECAUSE my address was a high-risk area. But AT&T has delivered there before. I will not give you permission to insult my intelligence. You are losing money.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

AT&T and assurance device service are scammer!!! (It’s a con company the way they set up their customer service) that’s how I felt it. Just long story in short! (Stay away from at&t phone service and at&t device partner assurance device service cus they really bad customer service.) Instead go with Verizon, t-mobile, spectrum. Wasted many days and hours on phone for nothing. I’m going with Verizon phone service... **! AT&T and assurance.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have been waiting for the technician to come over and set up the home internet, it’s been 6 weeks already and I have been patient enough! I’m tired of getting phone calls from AT&T asking about the rescheduling the appointment. I have lost so much revenue while I sat at home instead of working while waiting for AT&T to show up. Only the response I got was, "We are so sorry. We are so sorry, there’s nothing else that I can do!" Haha, is this a joke? And the lady on the phone, appointment manager (extremely annoying) couldn’t send me an email containing upper management’s contact info. She insisted me on the phone that I had to pull off my car to the side and take a note, write it down... while driving. She couldn’t send me an EMAIL!!! For real? "There’s nothing I can do" was the answer I got from her! Fabulous!!! SUCH A POOR SERVICE IN SAN FRANCISCO! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I bought a phone from AT&T in November. In store and paid outright for it. I signed up for a starter plan for a total of 65 a month. The 1st week I had the phone I could not make calls, text or get on the internet. I went back to the store and they fixed it. When my 1st bill came due on Dec 10th, I logged onto my account and saw a balance of 127.00. I immediately pulled up the chat to ask about the charges. I was told the store employee had put me on a premium plan. I asked her to fix this and she did.

3 days ago, I logged in because I had a notice of suspend. My bill was at 99.00 I again pulled up chat to ask why. I was told that I was paying for a prorate on the premium plan I had. I WILL NOT PAY for and EMPLOYEE mistake!! Now I am on the phone with AT&T and they are telling me the same thing, plus saying that my plan was a quote! Who pays a bill on a Quote?? SO it's going to be different every month because they are not sure of the bill? NO WAY!! WORST COMPANY EVER!! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! There is also a name on my account that should not be there and I was told in chat that that was fixed and it is not. I have been trying to resolve this for 3 days, wasting MY TIME, and nothing is getting done about the mistake of the company! I was just on hold for a supervisor and they HUNG UP ON ME!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I am being billed for 3 I-Phone accounts (personal, business, First Net). After not qualifying for First Net (a 1st responders' offer), I simply set up my business account. I received a bill from First Net, believing that it would somehow be applied to my business account. On 2 occasions, I spoke with an AT&T Rep, both of who assured me that the money paid to First Net would be applied to my personal bill and not to worry. I even wrote AT&T a follow-up letter that went ignored. Well, today my personal cellphone was shut off for non-payment. I literally spend 3 hours at the AT&T store (serviced by competent gentlemen) who were equally frustrated as I in correcting this simple problem.

Now pay attention to the rip-off: To get my phone turned back on, I was required to pay the monthly First Net bill for the service that I do not have to turn my cellphone back on. AT&T Mobility informed me that because I paid by check (a month ago!). This company ripped me off! Now I have to waste more time in writing letters that will surely be ignored and complaint letters to whatever authorities will intervene to protect me, a consumer!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

This is the most poorly run company I've ever dealt with. Every time we talk to them to fix a problem, either they tell us it's fixed and it's not, or they did fix it but they created a new one. The latest is a "ONE TIME" verification code, and every month... I have to "ONE TIME" verify that I am me. I have chatted with their agents, spoken on the phone to agents, been in their store to resolve this and guess what? Gotta "ONE TIME" verify my account every single time. If it was only up to me I would have dumped these code hacks a long time ago so I don't have to deal with a bunch of incompetent minimum wage flunkies telling me continually it's something I am doing. Really? Every excuse is something not happening here. It's them, clearly.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I been with ATT for 3 months now. I recently purchase 2 iPhone 8's and a Apple Watch 5 series. My apple watch was connected to one of the iPhone 8. I then bought a iPhone XR to go along with my account. I called ATT to sync the apple watch from the iPhone 8 to the iPhone XR because the phone told me to contact a representative. I called the representative gave him the apple watch IME number to sync to the iPhone XR so it could be on that phone now.

I get my bill for the next month and the representative I spoke with had added another number which made it looked like I had two watches to my bill. I called att and talked to another representative and explained to her I was just getting my iphone watch synced to my new XR and there is a ghost number on here saying I had two watches. She said, "Ohh I do apologize. I will take care of that." And she said she was gonna give me a 35 dollar credit because of the charge for the double apple watches that they put on my account and it was gonna be on my next bill.

My next bill roll around people and tell me why they took one of the numbers off my account for the apple watch that I was paying installments on. They gone say I deactivated that number and they charged me for the full price of the apple watch on my bill which was $449.00 on my account plus the bill. So y'all know that bill was well over 600.00. But keep in mind they still got the other ghost number on there charging me for that they was supposed to take off instead of the original watch number.

So I called ATT again and I was really angry and frustrated by this time because I called att every month because it was something going on every month with this bill. I then asked then a question to the representative. I said, "How you gone charge me for two apple watches with the same IME number. You mean to tell me that Apple make duplicate watches with the same IME number on it. All I did was called to get my apple watch synced to my new XR. So why am I being charged for something that I don't have and you can't resolve this now for the mistake that they made."

And then the representative looked and said, "Oh yeah it has the same IME number." I said, "so what's the problem." He gone say one of the apple watches been deactivated that's where the charge came from. I said, "HUH? I didn't cancel nothing. The only thing I did was called and told them to sync the damn apple watch to my new XR that's all." And I got to go through all these hoops. I spoke with a manager Mark and he told me today I gotta do another claim. I'm like if everybody see this in y'all system why hasn't anything happened. Keep in mind my apple. I suppose to be paying for installment.

Tell me why the representative added another apple watch to the account with the same IME number and gone cancel the other watch and then gone tell me I have to pay for another watch. Which I don't have and they still charging me for the two apple watches with the same IME number the number on it. This has made me so frustrated my blood pressure up and now I'm waiting on Mark to call me back which he said he was gonna call me back in 30 minutes. I wrote the time down we spoke. It was 1206 and now it is 109. I'm in Memphis Tennessee. I am so frustrated my blood pressure up and they talking about ain't nothing they can do about this. This is a case of some real live pain and suffering here I can't. All because I called to get my only apple watch synced to my new XR.

And this matter has not yet been resolved. Someone please help me on what can I do?

I would also discourage anyone from using AT&T wireless (or DSL\Internet):

- AT&T wireless users have gaps in their calls from our neighborhood.
        - Sprint and Verizon work great.
        - Several attempts were made to correct the problem--nothing has worked.
        - Remote areas of state, AT&T wireless and Hot Spot, frequently not work, Verizon was great.

- AT&T Chat is worthless: After router "died", was told to be at home on a Saturday from 4-8:00 pm for technician--no one. Was then told to be home on Sunday at 9:00 am--no one showed up. AT&T Customer Service, "There was never a ticket created"..basically they lied.

- DSL:

* I have been waiting for three years to at least get U-Verse (fiber).
        * Ring device usually does not work, Direct TV--internet drops all the time.
        * Monthly cost doubled--was told by contact in Atlanta "you went over your threshold."

* Loyalty group in San Diego (they are awesome!) said they lied--did not go over threshold.

I will spare you all my issues with DirecTV some of which are related to having no internet most of the time.

Jim **

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

We ordered the box to our new home and the customer service reps reassured us it would come and it never did. It went to our old home and they refused to go get it. Then, once we had someone go pick it up they sent it right back to our old address. When we spoke to the customer service Reps they were rude and very misinforming. Once we finally got the box it didn’t have any of the cords to operate it. I don’t recommend them.

AT&T Wireless Company Information