AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

6273 AT&T Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have been an AT&T customer for years. I bought 2 phones on a BOGO promo, and was promised bill credits which never came. After multiple investigations they indicated there was a late charge the same month that I bought the phones and that disqualified me from the deal. I have 4 wires of wireless, Uverse TV, Internet and Phone paying around $500 a month and I wasted hours on the phone - they could have just published the policy so customers know.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My service got Suspended unannounced. Balance is 0. Service should be Restored automatically. Connected thru Chat and they send you some PIN to validate. It takes time to receive email to get thru the Security. I asked to send it to my phone number and they can NOT do that. Why? It makes sense to send to the number ATT provides the service to and to speed up the process. 1st Agent hung up on me. 2nd could not wait till email comes thru. I was getting frustrated as we use the Phone for everything, Personal and Business. Called customer Service. 1st one said Turn off and on the phone. I asked, "Are you sure." She assured me that YES. DID NOT WORK. Called again. Dawm service connected me to the wrong Tech support for TV. And Finally 3rd one was able to Restore.

ATT train your Customer Service. Are they looking at the same Info? Why are they all saying different stupid things? It took me over an Hour to be on the phone and chat with them before it worked. Awful service. Incompetent personnel. Technology is outdated. Service and Technology needs a major Update. Communicate to email or even better to the Number if Service will be suspended for whatever reason, for Balance or Tech issues and give some time for Customer to react. DONT Disconnect. It is UNACCEPTABLE!!! We depend on the Phone too much today!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Due to a technical glitch, I've spent nearly 8 hours on hold and getting continually transferred to different departments that have no idea what is occurring with my problem. I've never had a worse customer experience in my life.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

The store manager an Asian guy by the name of Paul, refused to replace a car charger branded by AT&T. It has a hanging lose wire and I told him I only had it for less than 6 month. He said because I ported my number to T-Mobile and there's nothing he can do. Because I am an external customer known that I purchased this car charger from AT&T wireless corporate store and yet he gave me a hard time and said to me, "I repeated myself over 5,000 times". What a shame. AT&T hire some uneducated manager with low customer service skill yet this guy is a manager here? He's more likely counting pay checks rather be doing his job.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

AT&T—“Just okay is not Okay!” This is currently one of the ads. What a true statement for their services these days! I had been a long time AT&T customer, I think for like 16-17 years. Wow was I slow to switch. Best thing I ever did. Last year, when I called I did not get to talk to anyone here in USA, but different country. Reading from sheet, obviously, saying “Yes I can help you” – then same ole thing and no help. I switched to Sprint (but many other carriers that offer better than AT&T) -- and cut my bill in half. Also I travel/work in East Africa, where in past if I forgot to turn off my data with AT&T, I got billed extra for that even if it was just updates. (One of my phone calls—now I don’t even have to worry with that).

Sprint gives you free texting and data from East Africa. AT&T does not. I have my own phone there but occasionally I do need to text back using my USA phone, free now. Also if I do call from there, charge is like 25 cents a minute with Sprint. AT&T even with International plan was a between $1 to $2. Crazy. There are other carriers that also give you free texting and data and some calls. Many of you are probably like me, long time customers had with my iPhone, and just don’t want to switch. Open your eyes. Finally I got wise and switched. When there was a problem with my bill in the past at AT&T, I could call and actually talk to someone in the USA. Now they ‘outsource’ everything. No luck talking to someone from USA. They should spend some of their Advertising budget on hiring local service people.

Second problem was that they took over “DIRECTV”. When it started it was okay. But then they increased (doubled) what they were charging me. First year it happened I called and they gave a reduced plan (talked to someone in USA). Now they do same thing, outsource to other countries, can’t talk to someone in USA. Only when we got to point of dropping did they switch us to actually someone in USA. Too late, we switched. Cut my TV bill in half by going with Dish. Have this price for two years. They may go up after that but I will just drop. With all the other options, makes no sense to pay so much.

Third problem, they sent me flyer back in 2018, offering fast DSL Internet service. I applied. Imagine my shock when I received a dial up package in mail and I would have to install myself. I called same day, told them I didn’t want that. They gave me instructions for returning. I did, same day. But then kept getting bills for one-month installation and service. I called to explain, I never used and sent back same day as I received. Person I talked to said they would take care of it and note it. I guess their note was to put me down for non-payment. Then quit billing me for it. I thought over, right? Wrong. Now I get notice from collection agency for that $64.60. Imagine.

AT&T—“Not only just okay—but the worst”. I hope those of you who are still customers will open your eyes as I did. Much better options out there. I am not pushing any other carriers, just check them out. Worst customer service. I saw a rating where they were rated 14/20 on Customer service. Not sure whom they talked to—people who have no issues and are okay paying too much for phone service. Hope this helps others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I am moving out of state. Called AT and T to cancel the service. They say they can't till the end of the billing period. The boy wonder on the phone (second party) said without out the equipment no one can use the service. The idiot thinks removing the equipment keeps people from calling in and having it ring and ring and ring. Talked to a supervisor (third party) same thing. If they can't cancel a service even with charging till the end of the month what good are they? How can their service be any good? Well it can't be. So anyone who calls my old numbers will be forced to let it ring on and on. This must be Third world Telecom. I am so so disappointed I ever signed up with them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I experience with AT&T was decent until I added a line and upgraded a couple of phones back in early 2017. Through their "buy back" program, we were supposed to receive up to $600 to buy us out of a Sprint contract (we only owed $207). I never received credit in any form. No check, no gift card, no account credit, and they never even sent my phone back to me. Any of these would have been fine. Now that I have the two iPhone X's paid off, they are losing my business - I do hold a grudge when it comes to a company this size screwing a middle class guy out of a mere couple hundred bucks. I have two lines moved to another carrier (for half the price). So far the new carrier has been great, so I'm moving the other three lines.

Now AT&T won't unlock the last phone that is costing more than 3X what it will once it's moved. They say up to 48 hours, but it's been 5 days and it's still locked. They unlocked the first one in just a few hours, and I ordered a new phone with the new carrier for another, but they won't get this last one unlocked. Supervisors have done nothing to get this done (if I find one that can string a sentence together). I've wasted hours on the phone trying to get this resolved; they tell me my IMEI # doesn't match the device (untrue, don't know what they are looking at), I've had three dropped calls with them in as many days as well.

I've been calm talking to them and verifying that I don't owe money on any device and my bill has always been current (auto pay and paperless billing). I've been with them for 8 years, but since they ripped me off on that 6s I vowed to pay off my new phones and deep six them. I will never give them business for wireless, TV, Internet or anything else. AT&T has gone to hell in the past few years; I'm sure management is living large, but customers are suffering for it. I only wish I could give these thieving ** a more negative rating. Do they not realize that they are in a service oriented industry?! Hence the term wireless SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

If I can give it no stars I would. Horrible service. The tech support follows guide lines and ask their supervisors for help mostly all the time I'm on there with them. In my area they monopolized through contract with my apartment complex so only they are able to provide slow internet service and still charge a lot for it. Streaming by U-verse is no longer possible by PC or laptop. They make the option still available but it kicks you back to the main account. I think it's a way to draw more people to their failed bought DIRECTV NOW package.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have switched my plan and AT&T refused to pay the balance for that month I didn't use. I was told there is no guarantee that I'll get money back. However if it was other way around they'll do anything to be paid.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Please use this review as a caution for anyone thinking about this cell phone provider. I've been a loyal customer for over five years, and the last year has been the worse. Don't let them sweet talk you, because everyone loves a new customer. They don't give a crap about you once you sign your life away with them. I'm actually about to drop them, deal with the charges in my own way, and switch to Verizon or Sprint. I've had multiple issues, but here's the latest.

I had an iPhone with two year plan expire. Meaning it was time to shop the deals and get a new phone. I called the 611, which is their customer service fishing for information. To summarize this part. The very nice lady, who spoke really good English explained to me that I should cancel my line, add two lines (wanted to add a friend), and take advantage of a buy one get one offer. She confirmed twice that this was the best route and my account was good to go for it. I followed her advice, and added two line on the website using the BOGO deal. "Yay" I thought!! Then this happened.

About a week later, once I set up my new phone and gave out my number. I called 611 again to cancel my old line. That's when it all went down hill. I discovered after being redirected four times that I wasn't getting this promotion and had to pay full price for both phones. They explained to me that I wasn't an unlimited member, so I didn't qualify for the deals. Well I explained that they told me to do it, and confirmed on a recorded phone call that I was good to go, so fix it.

After being passed around for 2 hours and twenty-six minutes I received this solution. We need to add to new lines to the account with the deal. Then we will send you two new phones (The same models), then use those phones and new numbers. After that mail back the two phones you just got and we will remove the lines at no charge to fix the promotion. I explained that one, I just set up my new number with my work, friends, and family, so not cool. Then I wondered why I must mail back two phones to just receive the same models back a week later. It just didn't make sense. I was told their network wouldn't allow them any other way. Now keep in mind I'm struggling on the phone because I'm basically calling the Middle East each time I call 611. Also, there is no store in the US that can help you.

Did you know that AT&T stores will happily sell you anything you want, add any amount of lines, and even help you sign a contract. GOD FORGIVE you ask them to remove, fix, or alter a plan. That can only happen by calling 611. AT&T also likes to pass you around and for some unknown reason (cough cough) always have long wait times. I wonder why!?! This is just one issue out of about four minor ones and six major ones. But hey, if you like being double charged, number changed without permission, dealing with customer support from a place you never want to go, or enjoy losing all faith in people. Then AT&T is for you.

AT&T Wireless Company Information