AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

AT&T is one of the largest wireless internet providers in the nation. Its wireless services are available for businesses and individuals and are compatible with Apple, LG, Samsung and Google smart devices.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I've had numerous issues with AT&T customer service as well as sales. You feel great when sales lies to you and then you feel like crap after you find out they lied. Then the service team cannot give you a straight answer. It's consistently poor and I spend 3-6 hours each time there is a problem because of misinformation and constantly being transferred.

Original review: June 26, 2020

AT&T fabricate pricing. They tell you one thing and then switch it on you! I was told that getting my bandwidth larger would only cost 10 dollars more but they charged me 30 dollars more than that. They have done this to me a couple times. Bait and switch is their game. Then they put you on hold forever to see if they can help you. Make you wait then hang up on you. I’m contacting the Attorney General in Michigan. I’ve been told by a government agency that they get a lot of complaints.

Original review: June 26, 2020

This was the WORST phone company ever. They are super expensive and the customer service sucks !! They have screwed me over so many times and I’m am done lining their pockets . The customer service people don’t speak English and they don’t know what they are doing . I paid off all my devices ($900) and my phone bill was still almost $200 a month . They always add extra charges and fees for no reason . What is a university charge ??! BS. You ask them to terminate a line , only to find out your are still paying the same bill months later . They are sneaky . Crooks . And I am so happy I am with Verizon now . How about that !!

Original review: June 22, 2020

Fraudulent marketing. Website shows $39.99 monthly for AT&T fiber which comes in at 1000 Mbps but it is not available in Skokie residential area. That is why we are paying $50.00 for 3 Mbps but are actually receiving 0.3 Mbps. Terrible service.

Original review: June 21, 2020

These ATT wireless guys are crooks. I had recently moved into my new place and made an appt for att to come install my home phone, tv and internet. The tech did a great job and was on his way out when another guy came to the door. The att tech told me "It's okay, he is with Att" so thought nothing of it and let him in. He immediately started talking to us about cell phone service. We told him we were not looking for new service. We were happy with T-Mobile. That's when all the empty promises started.

I told him we were paying $140 for 4 lines unlimited everything. He said they have 4 lines unlimited everything for $120. He actually wrote this down for me. And I still have the paper for proof. Also offered new phones (S20) for just $8 a month. Plus if we gave him 4 of our old phones we would each get a $200 Visa gift card. And we would not have to pay a activation fee since we were AAA members. And we had 2 weeks to cancel if we were not happy. All this was a great deal. So we decided to give a try. BIG mistake.

2 days later my card was charged $35. Nobody knows what that charge was for. 7 days later I got another charge for $386. I messaged the att guy and told him no way. This is BS to come pick up these phones and bring our phones back. We are going back to T Mobile. He would not come up the phones. So I had no choice to take them to the att store which ended up costing me a restocking fee of $55 per phone. I would not have had to pay that if he would have picked up the phones.

We never got our old phones back so we had to buy new ones. I have contacted att customer service several times complaining and it does no good. They do not back up their sales guys promises. They will not take off the activation fee, they will not take off the phone installment fee (even though I returned the phones) they will not pro rate the bill for 9 days, since that's all I had the service for. I told att customer service that this is a scam. You can't send guys to peoples house unwanted. And allow them to make whatever promises they want just to make a sale and not back up there promises. After this I made a complaint with the BBB and the federal trade commission. I decided to go through the reviews and noticed there are 1000's of complaints of these guys doing this and nothing is being done about it. I am in the process of trying to get a class act lawsuit against them.

Original review: June 17, 2020

been on the phone for over TWO hours and they keep transferring me back and forth. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Nothing get fixed and at the end they just said they are going to escalate this issue. RIP OFF.

Original review: June 4, 2020

This is the 4th time I’ve written this review. The internet signal is so poor that each time I attempt to send this review, the signal is interrupted, and I lose my review. It’s really just pathetic. I don’t have a choice of internet companies, if you do, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Original review: June 3, 2020

We were in the process of transferring our TV and internet services to DirecTV and had an appointment with a technician to come to our house. We were not in the market to switch cellular carriers! The salesperson, Zack ** with AT&T, just happened to come at the same time! We thought that was kind of strange at the time and now realize that it was not a coincidence and that it was a sales tactic, which is now very unwelcome! Zach presented a package deal if we would switch from Verizon which included new upgraded phones and that he would handle everything up to and including paying off the contract on the old phones.

Paying off the old phones never happened as approximately a month later I received an outstanding bill stating I owed our previous carrier Verizon, over 2000.00 dollars to be paid immediately or it would be turned over to collections. At&t screwed me royally because of their salespeople and should ultimately be responsible for the promised payment to Verizon of over $2000.00. Numerous calls were made and hours of time spent trying to contact customer service to complain about the service and pay the bill to the previous carrier that was promised in the beginning. Every single time a contact was made after waiting 30 min to 1.5 hours each time, we were inevitably transferred to another department and again waiting to discover that it was again the wrong department!!!! Zero response!!!

The sales guy that started this whole mess should be fired for lying to prospective customers. Because of this experience I will never use At&t again not only because of their dishonesty but because their service overall is inferior. Bottom line, we would never have transferred from Verizon to AT&T as we were very happy with Verizon. We only switched carriers due to the promises that Zach made. As soon as we can, we will be transferring back to Verizon as they are a far superior company and have a far superior product. Also, anyone we speak to about phones will have our recommendation to NOT use AT&T!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I called the customer service and had to wait on hold over 15 minutes to talk to a representative about scammers who keep emailing me through my AT&T email account. I've blocked the last two email addresses that have sent me harassing emails (criminals pretending to be Amazon Prime and saying they need my credit card or Prime will be cancelled) and still got a THIRD email from same scammer today; again trying to get my credit card information. The AT&T representative told me she couldn't help me and had absolutely NO helpful information about what to do even though they are my internet provider. I asked for a manager and she tried to give me the brush off saying the manager wouldn't be able to help me either. I said I still wanted to talk to a manager and she put me on hold for over 10 to 15 minutes again and then the line went dead. I will be switching internet providers.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Since Feb 2019, This At&t company has discriminated against me and caused me identity theft issues, and their customer service and corporate office in Texas has allowed criminals, thieves, hackers on my account to do fraudulent billing, unauthorized online changes to services without my knowledge or consent, forced me with threatening letters with false accusations of harassment to make overpayments on this fraudulent account, This scam fraud at&t company has refused to close the online account and continues to allow online scammers, hackers, criminals into my account and they have called at&t customer service impersonating me to make unauthorized changes and customer service allows it and the hackers, scammers, criminals have hacked the Samsung device, furthermore at&t has me paying $2,000 for a damaged refurbished samsung device that has a cracked LCD screen that was shipped to me with no warranty.

In total I've paid about $2,000 or more to At&t in services and for samsung cell device with issues. The employees at at&t and fraud dept, corp office have been rude, disrespectful, yelled, screamed, talked over my voice telling me to shut up on the phone. Also the services are horrible, signal issues, cracking and audio issues, throttling of service, customer service and repair requests denied by at&t, and now at&t only wants communications through mail in writing but I never ever receive a response from office of the president of at&t. They refused to work with my attorney and PHRC on service issues and on a open discrimination case against at&t.

At&t has refused to unlock the samsung device and refused to give unlock code, and has refused to waive $499 incorrect balance on defective device and has refused to terminate the service. My advice is stay away from this fraudulent scam harassment at&t company and my prayer is that consumers will file a class action lawsuit against at&t for discrimination, damages, fraudulent billing, identity theft, service issues, device issues, etc. Count me In the lawsuit and let me know please.

AT&T Wireless Company Information