AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.92/5
Based on 3,655 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Wireless Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

When I had the prepaid service it was a no brainer. No hassle. Just pay your bill to continue service. Their customer service was helpful when I had to go into the call them or go into the store, I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Sale rep. don't know anything and lie to make sales I was happy with Metro. But holiday special switched to At&t. Was told 120 was going to be my bill. Then 2 months in a row had a $300 bill. Called and complained. And was told, then don't know why sales rep. gave us that price. And that are bill was going to be 160. a month. And that there's nothing they can do. Do bill anything sales rep promise. cause they lie. Even customer care said, that everything we were told was wrong. So now stuck for 2 years with a company that lies to make sales.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I have Been a loyal customer and still am for over 20 years. I am having issues that were not my fault, they are ATT fault, and no one seems to be concerned or gives me a resolution. I cancelled Uverse and internet over 4 years ago, ATT kept billing me for the services, I did not find out until last December, they only credited me for 4 months and no one seems to be concerned about the years of overbilling. That is my money that you ATT took from my automatic bank payments. Even though I cancelled those services and returned the equipment. All this is in the notes. I have talked to over 20 different people within ATT and no one cares. This is absolutely unacceptable. Now you send me a surveys to do what?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

They are really unlimited. I'm really not a phone talker & text little to moderate. But data I use constantly every day to research, shop, check my mail, read the news, listen to music etc. Never been slow down. Now if I just could keep Google out of my phone with their so call picking out things for me.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Low cost and auto pay make this a good value. When I’ve contacted customer service, which hasn’t been very often, I’ve gotten quick friendly service. I’ve been with them for ten plus years and would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Acct ** if anyone at A wants to verify. About 5 hours of total conversations simply attempting to avoid a 52.3% increase as I was coming out of my 1 year rate on 1/19/20. I called on 12/29/19 and was told verbally that I would be locked for a year at the last year rate (call at 1:02pm eastern and told by Jenny). She said it would take a bit and to call to confirm on 1/28/20. Odd to be asked to call after, so I called before and It was false. The best offer was $233.17 on 1/25 by Shwerwin. I cancelled and returned 2 boxes on 1/26 and pulled everything on 1/31 and was told they could not cancel due to an issue with the phone port but would prorate back when done. Another falsehood.

On 2/10 I prorated the 41 day bill and paid the 52.3% increase through 1/31. I called back today 2/14 and the account was still not cancelled and was finally closed today and they still want the balance. That will not happen. If Jenny told the truth on 12/29, I would not even have been a customer on 1/19/20. There is no way I will pay unless told to do so in a courtroom. Really not happy to be told so many lies.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Hello, I have been a customer of AT&T for years. I recently bought a phone Note 10 Plus and my reception and wifi reception has been horrible on both my wife's phone and mine. What is very disappointing is the customer service I have received. This started about 3 months ago when my Edge 7 gave out and I had to replace my phone. I got the Note 10 plus and my cell phone reception and wifi reception has been horrible. I work as a Real Estate Agent and communication is very important to me and my clients. I tried everything with AT&T but after all this time they are unable to help me. They would tell me a supervisor would call me back and I would never get a call back. They would tell me they were escalating the issue and that I would get a call back form that department and never got a called back neither.

Finally decided to put a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and a representative names Quanita ** called me and basically said the same thing that the customer service representatives had said. I explained to her that this has been going on for months and described everything that we had tried already. I asked her if I can speak to someone else that could help me and she said that she was the highest person from AT&T I could speak to. She told me that her technical support department was going to look into the issue and that I would received a called in less than 48 hours. That did not happen neither!

I kept calling her and leaving messages and after a week went by she finally returned my called and said that there is nothing they can do for me. I asked her to release me from my contract and she responded that my only option was to pay off my phones and and find another carrier. I'm so disappointing that after years of having me as a customer that is the only way she can think of on helping me. I asked for another phone and she also decline. I'm taking the time out of my busy day to hopefully help other persons from making the mistake of dealing with AT&T. A company that just does not care about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I have to continuously let AT&T know I don't have the bars that I pay for. My phone doesn't have the strength or reception that I pay for... this results in weakened reception. Dropped calls. Calls not going through.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was a Verizon customer for 15 years and I switched to AT&T. When my two year contract was up AT&T deactivated my line without notice or a late bill, still charged me for service, and assigned my number to somebody else. I now have to use my new number to make a text list to my numerous contacts over the last almost two decades and let them know my number has changed.

I got onto a new plan with my new spouse and she also switched from AT&T. AT&T had charged her full price for her phone payment for over four years when the phone was only supposed to be paid over the two year contract. Essentially, AT&T had my wife pay for a phone twice. No refund or credit was offered when a Best Buy mobile associate discovered this.

I know "all carriers are the same", and they all have bad reviews, but I rode with Verizon for a decade and a half and never had anything like this happen. Verizon called ME when my two year contract was up and let me know they could save me half on my phone bill. I went without a contract with them for close to five years, and since I was young I had a few months where I was late paying. They only once deactivated my line, and when I went to reactivate they waived the reactivation fee and gave me a credit on my account for the two weeks where I could not use their service. Do not do business with AT&T. Just because all of them are bad companies, doesn't mean that one isn't the worst. AT&T is the worst.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Run. Run quickly.. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!! The customer service is shockingly bad... Once they have your money ATT no longer cares about your service. My 75 year old mother's landline went out. Also her wifi was no longer working... She tried contacting ATT on her own but was constantly given runaround. Along with appts scheduled but no one showing up. My mom had no phone service for weeks... I thought maybe she was having problems because she is a bit hard of hearing so I took over to help. I called ATT on a Friday and explained the problems...no phone service, No wifi.

They scheduled an apppt for Monday..I explained I would miss work and be there Because this was important... They guaranteed a service rep would be here by 4pm.... no one showed up... I called at 5pm and Marlon at ATT told me no appt was scheduled. Apologized. And guaranteed me someoone would be here the following day before 4pm... No one showed once again... More excuses. And more excuses. And more I am sorry...

One supervisor even snickered and laughed when I explained how unhappy I was. This is how they treat my mother. A 75 year old woman... Loyal 30 year Customer... Who was spending over $200 mo On her phone, wifi and DirecTV. I am currently on the phone with ATT and a service mgr just informed me NO ONE was coming again and that they needed to reschedule But She guaranteed they will really come this time. Run... I repeat... RUN....

AT&T Wireless Company Information