Asurion

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was more than pleased with how easy it was to put in my information and receive my new phone! I didn't even have to send it in first; I got my new phone then sent in the old one with about 3 days in between! Thanks Asurion for providing the service you promised!

I broke my phone by dropping it in the sidewalk. It was my second within a week. Asurion covered it, after asking for more personal info (which I understand). I'm thankful my monthly payment was useful. I never thought I'd have to use it. Thank you for your prompt response. I need my phone, always, and I was able to count on you.

Thank you for the quick response and for getting my replacement phone to me in less than 24 hours. I would recommend this service to my friends and family. I was able to get everything back up and running on my phone with no issues. It is very much appreciated!

I was told that I would receive an email on how to continue my claim within 3 hours. The email never arrived. I called 4 times before it was suggested that I use my claim ID to go to the website and continue the claim. There I was furnished instruction on faxing or uploading the completed form and supporting documents. I chose to FAX. Big mistake. 3 more phone calls where they indicated that they had not received documents took place. I decided to try the upload process. That worked. It was Sunday so I didn't get my replacement phone until Tuesday. Instructions for activating phone did not work. BTW - I luckily asked about a deductible. Oh yes there was one. That should have been discussed on my first call. I would have assigned this experience 1 star except your staff were very nice and tried to help. They just couldn't help very much.

Don't like you guys. Went through 3 phones before I got a new iPhone and didn't even try to give me a phone that's gonna fit all my stuff. My gigs wasn't or isn't enough. Very disappointed with the insurance.

When I received the phone the front screen had a deep scratch in it and the battery is awful. I am having to charge my replacement phone 2x as much as my old phone... Also the button seems very loose. NOT HAPPY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Annoyed at the fact that I called to start a claim rather than going online thinking it be faster. However the incompetent operator advised me that phone replacement would take 2wks. I told her I couldn't wait so long cause I had a driving trip alone with my kids, within a couples of days. She argued with me. I called Apple and Verizon. I didn't think it was fair... They gave options but I had to spend some extra money on top of the deductible. Bottom line's took an 8 hour drive, w/out a phone. When I came back from my trip I see I had missed an email from the stupid customer service, lady (Asurion) which she failed to let me know that I could start a claim on their website. Funny she also didn't tell me it would be delivered the next day!!

I think she really wanted to send me a refurbished phone, just cause didn't think it was fair for me to wait 2wks. As told her, "I don't fail to pay my monthly fees. Why should fail to do your job on a timely matter." It's pathetic that customer service people take things personally and as a result I was out of my phone for a week. Ugh. I suggest you train people more on the options customers have. It's customer service. Be nice to the people who pay for you to keep your job...

Sometimes runs slow and I have to restart it. Seems refurbished but didn't report it because I'm not waiting on a new phone again. Had this happen before with my iPhone. Sent me a refurbished phone and it just stopped working. Had to wait to get sent a brand new one.

The screen on my iPhone 6 replacement is more curved than the factory screen. I have purchased 3 different glass screen protectors, including the brand I used on my original screen (and wasted $50 doing so) and finally figure out that it's the screen, not the protectors. Disappointing. Other than that, replacement arrived in a timely fashion and was overall an easy process.

The touchscreen on my replacement device stops working every five minutes for about fifteen minutes up to thirty minutes at a time. I have tried resetting the phone, turning it on and off, leaving it untouched for an hour, nothing has worked to make the touchscreen start to work. The device did not get wet and has had this problem since the first day of receiving the replacement device. Very dissatisfied and hope I can receive another device, that functions properly.

After 2 days of getting new phone (with a hard case) it slipped out of my hand and fell about 2' and screen shattered (case hit, not screen). Cost me $199 deductible to get replacement and it wasn't a new phone as it has scratch on back & chip on screen edge.

I would be better off buying a 1997 cell phone than buying this piece of crap that I was sent. I would like to mention that the staff was great help!! But this phone has a major glitch. There are these spots on the screen that never go away. The screen glitches when looking at photos. I have had to hard reset the phone tons of times because it stalls and freezes up. Today the phone constantly vibrates due to the fact that it seems to think someone is silencing the ringer on and off. I will have to buy a new phone and when I do, I will make sure not to bother to get the insurance, along with the rest of our company devices both being serviced by Verizon and AT&T.

I loved my Galaxy Note 4 Edge. I dropped the phone after nearly 2 years of never having a problem with it and when I called to get it fixed, was told they were no longer in stock. I settled for the Note 5 and paid the $200 fee, after paying over $250 for insurance the last two years I had the phone. $450 for a refurbished phone that's not what I wanted seems like a lot.

I received my replacement phone and it works great so far. The only problem was that I didn't get my phone for a few days. It took about 4 days to receive my replacement... instead of 24 hours. Was left without a phone for a few days not overnight.

I purchased a NEW Android Moto Z Droid in November making sure to purchase the insurance in the event of damage to my phone. Unfortunately, my phone sustained water damage and had to be replaced. The first disappointment came when I filed my claim and learned that my phone was out of stock and would be placed on back order. Thank goodness I kept my old phone to rely on. Secondly, the fact that I had to pay $149 to have the phone replaced when I already pay a monthly fee to carry the insurance was infuriating. And finally, when I purchased my BRAND NEW PHONE, I expected to have it replaced with a BRAND NEW PHONE and not a REFURBISHED one! So, I'll be generous and give you two stars. At the end of this contract, Verizon and Asurion will never again receive a penny of my business.

I received my Galaxy S6 replacement phone which I was really excited about because I had been without a phone for two days. Then when I got the phone, I had to call a phone number to activate it which was very frustrating and took about an hour to finally activate the phone. Then after having a working phone for about 5 hours, the screen started flashing then went black and I again had another broken phone. After another two days without a phone, I got my current replacement phone and the front camera sounds like it rattles every time I open the front camera which makes me worried that this phone might break as well. I can definitely see the difference in these phones and new ones even though the Verizon worker said I should not be able to and I am unimpressed because I had to be without a phone for about a week.

So the charging port on my iPhone went bad and I paid the deductible of $250.00. They sent a refurbished phone that had the same problem. So they sent me a new one no charge. This one everyone I talk to says they can't hear me on Speaker. I take off the plastic cover of the screen to put on screen protector and it's cracked. So now my claim is under 24hr review. I'm not happy.

My son bought a cell phone on my account about 18 months cash. This was the phone that was broken. He was just using a lender from my other son who use to work for Verizon. Well you sent him a Galaxy 4. Sorry that don't cut it. Research my account and he wanted to replace the phone that Verizon that he paid for. Can you find out what phone it was. Or do I need to call Verizon myself. Thanks.

After I paid my deductible you sent me a phone that didn't even work. It turned on and got to the first start up page but that's all it did. You sent me another phone but if I'm paying that much for phone I need it to work the first time. It took a week tor the phone and I was not able to go to work without it. Had to be taken off the schedule.

I took screen grabs of each screen of claim process. Nowhere did it mention I had to send in broken device. This phone was used for business & contains proprietary information & don't trust software format. Only way I'll send it is in a 1000pcs.

I had to send back the first phone given to me due to battery and wifi problems. I sent it back and was continually sent phone calls and letters stating that I had not returned it, which I had to call and give the tracking info to prove that it was there. After about 2 weeks, the phone that was the 2nd replacement starting having the same issues, and its battery life is only a few hours including standby. I called to try and get this resolved and was told that I needed another phone to troubleshoot mine. I don't have another phone and can't call from another one, but I was given attitude and told I wouldn't be helped until I called from another phone. I have a malfunctioning phone and can do nothing to help fix it, and I am incredibly disappointed in Asurion's poor refurbished phones as well as the customer service to try and fix said problems.

I will state that the Reps on the phone have been very professional and helpful. My only issue with Asurion would be, that if you have to replace the phone more than once under warranty. You should automatically replace it with a new phone or give them an upgraded phone. I had to send phones back several times and then setup the refurbished ones again. Very annoying.

The glass shattered on my iPhone 7 when I dropped it on our wood floor. I took it to Verizon and they instructed me how to file a claim with Asurion. I filed the claim immediately, and the new phone arrived the next day. The process itself was simple. I was very impressed with the speed and ease with which everything was done.

However, once I set up the new phone, I had difficulty getting it to work, and it took multiple calls back and forth between myself, Verizon, and Asurion to get it up and running. Once it was up and running it became clear to me instantly that this phone does not work as seamlessly as my old phone with shattered glass. It loses messages that I start as soon as I switch to another screen, it drops calls all the time, and it loses its Bluetooth connection to my headset every 5 minutes or so, so I am constantly having to switch it back to my headset from the phone. The service was quick and painless, but paying monthly for insurance on my plan, only to have to spend $200 for a "new" phone that doesn't work as well as my old phone is a bitter pill to swallow.

Everything about the actual return process of my damaged phone for a new one went well, but the refurbished replacement's battery life is SIGNIFICANTLY shorter than my original (which was already a couple years old, so I'm a bit disappointed the new one is so much worse) and WAY more frustrating is that said replacement has a very serious issue with the touch screen freezing up almost every time I use it (which requires me to use the power button to turn it off and then on again, often REPEATEDLY in each instance) to get it to work again, so... :/

The first replacement phone had a problem. I could receive calls but everyone had a hard time hearing my response. Many would hang up or hear faint words with or without the speaker function. This phone was received on the day of a second trip for business. The second phone was received a day late but everything works well.

I was very dissatisfied with my product. I had gotten a replacement phone with this company. I have the same exact problems as I did with my other phone before I got my replacement. I want to know why I am still having problems with my phone. The problem with my phone are burning me, freezing up, restarting by itself, shutting down by itself.

Replacement phone was delivered very quickly and using the service online was very easy. I highly recommend your protection plan. This saved me a bundle of money. The ease of returning the damage phone was extremely easy with the return postage envelope.

I tried to file a claim online but was having STYLE 10 difficulty. I then called and did the claim by phone with a rep who was very helpful and professional. She walked me through the process patiently and answered all my questions. I got my phone in a few days.

I received my cell phone when I was out of town so finally was able to activate on my return. I am concerned the phone is malfunctioning. Seems to freeze on different screens. I'll keep track of how often and let you know if it needs to be replaced again. I will be unavailable the next few days but plan to call next week if I continue to notice problems. Overall customer service was good.

As always, it is a pleasant experience working with Asurion. My phone was replaced in short order. Highly satisfied with the phone and the service. I recommend Asurion to anyone with a cellphone. They have always been quick to take care of my needs and the customer service is exceptional!

I called on a Saturday morning and the new phone was in my mailbox on a Monday. This was important as I was about to go to the store to see if they could fix it and did not realize that I could just send it in the mail.

Asurion Company Profile