Learn More

4.7/5 (3568 ratings)

About Asurion

Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Asurion phone insurance plans provide coverage above and beyond the typical warranty, including water damage or if your phone is lost or stolen. Asurion Home+ offers one simple plan that covers all your favorite home tech—no matter when or where you bought it. We value Asurion customers' reviews and feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continue to improve.

Pros

• Offers extensive coverage
  • Sends replacement phones quickly
  • Low monthly cost

Cons

• Replacement is not always identical
  • Not available for everyone

Bottom Line

Asurion offers mobile replacement plans and tech support for a variety of smartphones and mobile devices. The company works with many popular wireless service providers.

Top Asurion Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Making my claim was easy and efficient. I was promised my replacement in 2 business days, in came in 1 day and was delivered on a Saturday. Fast service, thank you! I received my ...

Verified

Speedy delivery of the replacement phone. Included in the package were clear directions on how to set up new phone and return directions. The return internal packaging was a nice ...

What is Asurion?

Asurion phone insurance helps cover the cost to repair or replace a cell phone if it is lost, stolen or damaged. The company also offers technical support to assist with some of the most common cell phone malfunctions. Its representatives can help you back up your contacts and photos, and you can get in touch with a mobile expert every time you have an issue on your device.

The Asurion Protection plan also includes an extended warranty on other expensive electronics, including TVs, laptops, desktop computers, tablets and home appliances.

What does Asurion cover?

Asurion phone insurance covers some of the most common issues cell phone users have with their phones. The company’s protection plans cover cracked phone screens, physical damage, mechanical failure, loss, theft, water damage and normal wear and tear. The insurance extends to accessories that come with your phone, such as chargers and earbuds.

If your phone is damaged in any of these ways, you can file a claim on the Asurion website. If the phone cannot be repaired, Asurion can send out a replacement phone the very next business day.

To enroll your cell phone in the Asurion cell phone coverage plan, you must call or visit your wireless provider to see if your phone is eligible. You're typically only eligible within the first 30 days of activating or upgrading your phone. The type of devices that are covered depends on the wireless provider.

How to file a claim with Asurion

To file a claim:

1. Go to the Asurion website and choose your wireless provider from the list.
  2. Enter your phone number and follow the instructions to report what happened to your device
  3. You will be notified of the status of your claim and can track the claim online
  4. Asurion will send you an email with tracking information for your replacement device

If you file a claim but need to cancel, you can do it right on the website. Depending on your wireless carrier, you can file up to three claims in a year.

Asurion phone insurance attempts to send you a replacement device that is the same make and model of your old one. However, sometimes the exact same phone is not available, and the company’s representatives choose an alternative that matches the form and functionality of the lost or damaged device. Your replacement device may be new or refurbished and the color, brand, model and features could vary based on availability.

Asurion prices

The Asurion wireless phone protection plan costs $7.15 per phone per month, and there is a cap of $1,500 per claim. Asurion offers other services at different price points, including cracked screen repair that starts at $29.

You must pay a deductible before insurance kicks in and pays for a repair or replacement. The deductible is typically far less than the retail price of a new phone, which saves you money in the long run.

Asurion FAQ

Does Asurion cover cracked screens?
Yes. Simply file a claim and, once it is confirmed as eligible, you can drop your phone off at an authorized repair dealer, have an expert repair technician come to you or mail your device to Asurion. Cracked phones can typically be repaired in a matter of hours, and authorized service repairs come with a one-year limited repair warranty.
Are Asurion phones refurbished?
Some are, yes. If you qualify for a replacement phone, it will either be a new phone or a refurbished phone.
How do I track my Asurion claim?
There is an easy-to-use tracking feature on the Asurion website that helps you track the status of your claim.
Where is Asurion located?
Asurion is based in Nashville but has locations across the country.
How long does Asurion take to ship?
Most replacement phones are shipped the day after the claim is finalized.

Is Asurion worth it?

Asurion offers a layer of protection if you are prone to dropping, breaking or losing your phone. However, if you're picky about the phone that you have, it's important to remember that you may not always receive a replacement phone that is identical to your lost or damaged device. The monthly cost is relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of repairing or replacing high-end phones, which makes the service worth it for people who want to protect their devices.

Asurion Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

My experience having a representative come to my house and replace my screen was excellent! Excellent in every way. However; when I first brought my phone into the store location in Newnan; Georgia for repair I was not overall happy. The gentleman that helped me was respectful and professional. But he insisted I give him my passcode and my phone for a 2 hour time frame. He insisted he could not replace my screen unless I did. If that's the case why did the agent that came to my home not tell me to unlock my phone but asked me to turn it off?

I can't imagine why anyone would unlock a phone and hand it over to anyone; a total stranger, for 2 hours? Why? How is my info protected? It would be like unlocking my phone and leaving it at Macdonald's for 2 hours. Who would do this? Not me! If the agent could replace the screen with it turned OFF- they need to be able to do the same at the repair store location. This DID NOT make me feel comfortable in any way. The personal info on someone's phone doesn't need to be open for access by anyone - especially a total stranger. This policy needs to be changed.

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Overall, the experience was good. IT was improved tremendously by the ATT Protech Support person, Veronica at the Chinatown, DC store location. The part of the phone replacement process which was most challenging/frustrating was having to speak with multiple people between ATT and Asurion. IT would be better if employees of both were all on the same page about the protocols. I spent at least 4 hours on the phone on Wednesday 4/28 morning and still didn't have everything sorted out. Then the day my phone was supposed to arrive as an Asurion same-day delivery, it didn't. I wasn't notified via email and actually sat outside for 2 hours hoping it would arrive. This is an unfortunate part about not having a working phone. IT wasn't until I called the next morning that I was told there was an issue with the drop off. At this point, I hadn't had a working phone in nearly one week. Veronica made my day with her exceptional service and expertise.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Lady on the phone that I spoke with was super awesome and personable. I had a very reasonable co-payment on this equipment but I literally took the Asurion co-payment for screen replacement into account when I bought a phone. I deeply hate the Motorola screen replacement non-program wherein you don't replace screens for Motorola phones. I understand that the corporate line is that Motorola doesn't sell that equipment but replacement screens are available online and to other third parties as well as other phone replacement programs.

I would of course much prefer repairing my phone to getting a brand new one but when I get a brand new one for $9 I can't really complain too much. It just honestly I've spent 20 or even 50 to get my phone fixed the same day instead of a new phone the next day and having that count against your bottom line and my quota on breaking my phone.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

It was a relatively painless experience. Filling in the insurance form was pretty easy since everything was prompted. After receiving the replacement phone, setting it up was a breeze...I just let the phones "talk" to each other. The only hitch I had was activating the new phone. I apparently input the wrong information and the site prompted me to use the Chat, which I tried...but no one ever came on. I waited twenty minutes the first time and fifteen the second time I tried. There was no information as to my place in queue, so I had no reference as to how long it would take.

I finally called and spoke with a rep. who could only try three times to activate the phone... So, am now using the old SIM card...but after calling with regards to something on my bill, I was able to find the correct passwords, etc... (although "the password" was one I used when on the phone to activate and she said did not work...go figure.) Other than that...using your site and following the recommendations/directions was pretty straightforward...

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I never had such an easy, painless experience replacing my broken iPhone before. The morning after Thanksgiving my phone had a little problem with gravity and the screen was shattered to the point that using my touchscreen would result in tiny glass splinters in my fingers. I called AT&T right away to start the insurance process and figured I’d be on hold for hours because it was the day after a holiday. I was pleasantly surprised when they answered my call after only a couple minutes.

After explaining my problem the AT&T tech told me to hold on while he connected with Asurion. Within 5 minutes I was talking to a very helpful, friendly Asurion rep who told me they would be able to ship out a replacement that day and that I would receive my new phone by Saturday noon. FedEx pulled up in front of my house at 11:57 AM. From start to finish I had amazing assistance and was stunned to have my replacement phone in my hands within 24 hours. You guys rock!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

They sent the replacement phone in 2 DAYS!!! Easy and no hassles plus they sent an iPhone 7 Plus which I love. So glad I have this insurance for just this reason. Didn't have to spend another $700 on a new or replacement phone, only cost me the deductible of $125.00. I recommend paying for this insurance.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Representative was great extremely knowledgeable and helpful! Thank you for shipping my replacement phone in a timely manner. I always recommend to my friends and family to get protection. I haven’t had any issues with any of my Asurion replacements.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Super fast & efficient. The only downside was having to pay $200 for a phone that I could only valued at $75. I think we should only have to pay the value of the phone, if it's less than the deductible.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The survey process and exchange process was super easy. My new phone came quickly. Instructions to set up the new phone were clear and concise. The return packing included was easy to setup. Thank you for your help with this, Asurion

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We have been with you for some time now. Many agencies try to get us to change but we will have nothing to do with that. We are always notified when something is coming due and we know that your agents are looking out for our best interest and a fair price. Always a pleasure to work with all of you. A++++

Asurion Company Information