It's that easy Request Information
4.31/5
Based on 7,887 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

15249 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

I’ve had coverage on my phones since 2014, and they are claiming there was no activity in my smashed phone after I tried to file a claim. Obviously there was no activity as it was broken. I’ve never dealt with ruder more unprofessional people in my life. So now I have to argue with my wireless carrier to get them to get my claim approved. Let’s see $13 for 48 months is $624 I’ve paid to be told no?!? You’re joking. It’s easier to take a chance and forego it and suck it up and pay what you have to. How freaking crazy!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018

Service very poor and very expensive. No problem with any one person just the process. And the program itself. Lost phone was sent back to me 20 days later and Asurion would not take back phone and give me back my $150. Service very poor and very expensive.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Yes, I would recommend to a friend that Asurion’s insurance is a necessary thing to have. Replacement of my stolen phone was immediate, within 24 hrs of my request. I was provided a tracking number and told approximately when the new replacement phone would arrive. What I was told to expect actually was correct. Again, I was very pleased.

Original review: July 15, 2018

The forms were easy to fill out and I got my new phone in about 2 days. I was very impressed with the quickness of the time between submitting the form, you guys receiving it and then shipping it out to me. I didn't have to worry about missing my text or phone calls because of this and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Original review: July 15, 2018

The representatives were very help with all my questions. Also they were very prompt at sending the new phone to me. Received it the next day!! Very happy with Asurion and their staff!! Will definitely keep this insurance on our phones! Thank you so much for all your help!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: July 15, 2018

This was 2nd time we needed to use this service and both times the customer service was great! The Asurion phone rep was friendly and helpful, especially after receiving new phone and assisting with set up. She was very patient and stuck with us until the new phone was working right and it took awhile. Thanks for speedy delivery and resolution.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Replacing the phone when the screen wouldn’t work was so easy. They were so kind and helpful. Once the phone couldn’t be fixed they were more than happy to send us a new one. We got it the next day and included an envelope to return the old one. So very worth the money we pay for the insurance. Thank you.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Asurion were very helpful during the entire process and walked me through it step by step. I initially had trouble with the website, but one phone call cleared up all difficulties. My replacement phone arrived the next day and again they helped me set up the phone. We continue to carry Asurion on all our phones.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I didn’t have a lot of problems trying to get a hold of you guys, and the service was prompt and very helpful. I really appreciate that you send a new phone right away. Thank you. I didn’t have the app on my phone, but still as soon as I called I was able to get the help that I need it.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Customer Service rep was very helpful and thorough. He made it as simple as possible for me - even walked me through some of the steps for setting things up and removing the old phone. Made me not feel so overwhelmed and confused. Was on the phone with me for a long time.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I bought a liquid screensaver for my phone with insurance on it and was told if I went to an Asurion place to get it replaced it wouldn't cost me anything to have it replaced or I could go to Verizon and pay $42.00 and Asurion would reimburse me the money it took to fix. (The screen cracked and only got 19.95 for fixing it.) I will not tell anyone to ever get a liquid screen. Even with insurance. It is a rip-off.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I began my phone call defensive and ready to argue. I never had the chance. It was a pleasant experience. I am thrilled with the customer service I received. I am grateful that I was able to replace my phone in a few days. Tech support followed up with a phone call and all was well. Thank you.

Original review: July 14, 2018

One of our smart phones stopping working so I called Asurion to see if it could be repaired or replaced. For a small fee they sent us another phone of the same make and model by the very next day. The transaction was hassle free and quick. Customer Service was great! I would highly recommend Asurion.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Easy and quick! They had me up and running less than 24 hours after my first contact. Excellent service. I wouldn't give a thirteen year old an iPhone without the protection provided by Asurion. Gives me great peace of mind.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Five stars! Sashua is wonderful! She's competent, fast, friendly... I was so happy to have her help us a second time. The entire process is easy, from scheduling the request to getting a reminder call that the technician is on the way. Thank you! We have been very happy with the service provided by Asurion.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This incident was handled excellently. Many thanks. The initial phone contact was prompt, clear and professional. It was a pleasant surprise to talk to a real person. From the processing of the case to the resolution, my expectations were exceeded.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Asurion Customer Service has been very helpful both separate times we have used them. The new phone arrived less than 24 hours after we called, and we got it set up that night. My husband and I both need our phones for work so it's really important that they are working well. We will always keep Insurance on our phones through Asurion!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Wonderful experience... Used the online tool to submit a claim. Found the website easy to use and was able to track my claim throughout the entire process. Even had an email “reminding” me to perform a task I thought I had done. Appreciate the help.

Original review: July 13, 2018

While I am completely happy with how easy and quickly I was able to receive a replacement phone, it was not within a 24 hour period. I had to wait over the weekend and then some before I was able to receive my phone. It set back my out of town trip a few days because I had to stay put to receive my phone. That, coupled with having to pay around $150 for a replacement phone that I've already insured was a little shocking.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Received my new phone in the time frame I was given. The only complaint I have was about FedEx as they delivered my package to the neighbors house causing me to seek and find my package. I have had a cell phone for many years and have had to use Asurion in the past and am always happy with the service I receive. I will always have my phones insured by Asurion.

Original review: July 13, 2018

They were very helpful, when I reported my phone was lost in a different state than I live in. I received my new phone within a couple days. Actual talked to a live person and not some recording. Had to fill out some paperwork but that was pretty simple. All I can say is, Thank Goodness for having insurance. This company is awesome and very helpful.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Very smooth experience. Everyone we spoke to was very nice, helpful and very clear instructions were given as to how to send the phone back. The instructions that came in the new phone box were also very clear as to how to turn off the track my phone feature and how to clear the broken phone. All around very good experience.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was very surprised at how quick my new replacement phone came and in perfect condition. This is my second time using the insurance and this time went more smooth than the last time. They were very helpful on the phone and made the process simple. It's good to know that they have your back and are there to help in a stressful time like this. When you don't have a phone for two weeks because no one can figure out what is wrong with it, I know I was upset and hopefully didn't take it out on anyone over the phone. They helped, so I must not have.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Everything with the customer service was great. However the phone freezes and I had to go to Verizon to have another sim card that worked better, but nobody can hear me when I call or when they call. I'm not sure if it is the phone or a Verizon problem. I haven't had a chance to go back.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My granddaughter dropped her phone and was unable to use it. I contacted Asurion, explained my situation, and the phone was replaced within 24 hours. It arrived on my doorstep the next day. She was able to transfer all her data and I mailed the phone back within 48 hours. YEAH! Excellent work!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Asurion was quick and easy with no hassles. Mailing envelope and returning phone was super easy and simplistic. There was no problems with the new sim card or in transferring my backed up data. I would use Asurion again and recommend them to friends and family. Thank you Asurion and keep up the good work.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Great quick service. Everything went very smoothly with no problems. I originally thought there would be an issue because the local Verizon just handed me a number to call and said they don't do the claims onsite. But I made the call and everything went great. Thanks for the good service. I will recommend you to my friends.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Customer service was excellent. They stayed on the phone with me and walked me through every step. I was very pleased with the professional service that was offered. Being without your phone is a very tense situation, I called at 8pm and had a replacement phone the next day. Thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The first replacement phone I received from Asurion was a blacklisted phone. It took me 3 hours, during 2 separate phone calls to find this out from Verizon’s fraud department. It would have been nice for an Asurion staff member to find this out for me, especially since this was Asurion’s fault for sending me a blacklisted phone. By attempting to register my phone number with this phone, my phone number became suspended which took another 2 hours to clear up when the 2nd replacement phone came in the mail (after printing, signing, scanning an affidavit). I asked Asurion if they could refund my deductible in exchange for the 5 hours I spent trying to resolve the issues Asurion caused, but they denied my request. This was a very bad experience.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Good service with lost phone replacement. Once paperwork was completed, everything went smoothly. Phone received next day air. Accessories lost were not replaced. This included a screen protector and a hard case. But... at least we got a phone. This was not a new phone, it was a reconditioned phone. I was a little peeved about that because we had only had this phone a month when it was lost. Seems like there should be a time element to replace a new phone with a new phone.

Asurion Company Information