4.26/5
Based on 8,765 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 26, 2018

14840 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

This insurance company stated that my phone was covered for cracked cell phone screen and when I notified them about my cracked screen, they said that I am not covered in my area. I contact Corporate office and they were not helpful. They told me that I have to pay 195.00 for a new phone! False advertising, not reliable when needed and very disappointed with misleading information.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2018

They were very responsive in letting in getting a replacement for a damaged phone. They also informed me that the phone insurance deductible was lower than I originally thought. They were honest to tell me about I paid the deductible. Filing the claim was simple.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was very happy with my experience. This company is different than the other insurance and warranty companies I have worked with. They are FAR better. The replacement process was extremely easy and the customer service was terrific. After replacing my product they even followed up to make sure I was satisfied. I have truly never experienced this from a company in this line of business. Fantastic job.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I lost my phone while driving from LA to Denver. Got a new phone the day I returned home & not a moment too soon ~ 3 days of using paper & pen (as I did prior to getting my first cell phone) was enough 'nostalgia' for me!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I had recently received an upgrade from VZW, and I loved it for performance etc. My Pixel 2XL was, indeed, the best phone I ever had. It fell and the screen broke. Sent in a claim and THE NEXT DAY, got not only a new screen, but a new phone! Thank you Asurion, for prompt and courteous service. I will recommend you to everyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: May 26, 2018

Everything was handled efficiently and promptly. I would recommend all of my friends to use your insurance. The phone that was first sent wasn’t working. We had some technical issues. A new phone was sent that next day. We did have some issues with wait time but that’s understandable. Thank you for your service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was surprise that I actually wasn’t out of a cell for weeks. I got it the next day and the reps explain everything and told me exactly what to do! real simple! Thankful I didn’t have to pay hundreds of dollars for a new phone. Thank you for making this frustrating situation easy!

Original review: May 26, 2018

It was easy between Asurion, and Verizon Representatives. It didn't take much to send phone back. Phone was sent back in a couple of days, and you sent me an e-mail when you received the broken phone. Your Company is very courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. We Thank you very much.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was very satisfied with the speed they shipped my replacement and the quality of the phone they sent back. What I was not impressed with was the price of the deductible. I pay a premium every month on a phone and have paid well over the $200 in premiums. Why is the deductible so expensive. Phone fell out of Otterbox clip 2 days later and broke again. I will just have to deal with it. Cannot afford to pay deductible again. That would be $400 plus my bill for the month. I work every day but I am not rich.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Very timely and professional. Call up and explained them my situation and they guided me to their website to file the proper papers to make my claim. I followed my claim on the internet and it arrived in a timely fashion and I took it to my wireless provider and they took care of the rest.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We had a screen repair on my son’s phone that ended up not working after the repair. A supervisor took over my case and we were extremely satisfied with how he handled the issue and how quickly he replaced the defective phone. I forgot his name but he was very helpful and easy to work with.

Original review: May 25, 2018

The whole process was so easy, you go through the simple automated system . You pay online and after 1 day you get your new phone. When the package arrives it has easy step by step direction to set up the phone and send back your broken phone. So easy. Thank you.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Everything went great and no problems at all - you were great all the way. I misunderstood my son when he said his phone was toast when in reality it was lost in the water and you changed my claim to a lost phone with no problem at all. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My daughter lost her phone at the top of a Sea World ride - it fell 100 feet and shattered on the ground. After a phone call, I received a replacement phone a day later. What amazing service. The Asurion staff were very helpful in answering all of our questions and concerns. We used our carrier to help set up the phone but the instructions we received would have worked equally well.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I called about a cracked screen and my phone was replaced the next day. I was very satisfied about the quick service, just wish I could have gotten the tiny crack repaired instead of replacing the whole phone. But all in all it was a fast transaction and I'm happy I have insurance.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The people at Asurion were great. They went to find me a new phone. Took care all the paper work. Found me a new phone. Then they shipped it to me. I took it to my Verizon store and put the calls back on the phone. Thank you so much Asurion for the great job. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My phone came quickly and I wasn't given the third degree for filing a claim. The new phone works great. I was charged exactly what I had planned to be charged. They made the whole process very easy. I would recommend using them to anyone that needs insurance of their iphone and does not want to be stuck without a phone in the mean time.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Purchased insurance from them and was given a claim form. Called to see if they reported the right phone stolen and they instead reported my phone stolen instead of my spouses. When I call they always say they can't give any info but now I am stuck without both phones working and still paying the bill on both phones from Cricket.

Original review: May 24, 2018

So far so good. Identical phone delivered in a couple of days. Easy to get back online. We'll see how long this reconditioned phone lasts. We have had problems in the past with the replacement phones not lasting very long. But they were all replaced with a better version, just kind of inconvenient.

Original review: May 24, 2018

When we contacted Asurion about our stolen phone, they were courteous, efficient and helpful in getting the stolen phone shut down, getting a replacement to us very quickly and helping us get it online. Their representatives were always available when we needed them. Thanks for your help in resolving this otherwise difficult situation for us.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Overall great experience with Asurion. The staff was professional, patient & courteous. I was sent new phone overnight & was back in business within 24 hours. I would recommend to anyone desiring extended warranty.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I received my phone quickly. Was reactivated and ready to go quickly! My original phone screen just stopped working. I wish, given the cost of the insurance, that the copay was less. Sometimes handing out that extra money when you aren't expecting it can be hard. Perhaps the fee could be prorated for the age of the phone.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Had to pay an outrageous deductible only to be sent a defective device. After calling only 7 days after receiving my device I was told I would have to pay yet another outrageous deductible. The entire process was a hassle! I emailed corporate and received an email back telling me to call and they would handle the issue only to spend another 30 minutes on the phone and get absolutely nothing accomplished! I received not just one email but two within an hour from different representatives so apparently the communication within the company is as poor as the way they treat customers and the “refurbished” replacement devices they send out. Unfortunately my experience with Asurion was very adverse and I would not recommend the company to anyone! It’s a total waste of money paying $35 a month for total mobile protection plus an outrageous deductible only to receive a defective “refurbished” device.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Everything was just easy and quick. Everything was explained upfront. I didn’t believe in having insurance but this experience changed my view. Most of the smartphones on the market costs more than a laptop. Doesn’t make any sense not having any coverage. It was the right decision to get the coverage.

Original review: May 24, 2018

After nearly two years, my phone in near perfect condition had broken and shattered, and assuming ran over in traffic late Saturday night, beyond repair or use. I had requested for replacement within a few hours from Asurion, and by the next day/Monday, my replacement came mid afternoon, free of hassle. Blessed.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We had a phone taken from a vehicle while filling up. After suspending service we logged into the claims website. One quick claim and the phone was replaced with no hassle. This is the fastest way to replace a stolen phone bar none. This is the reason for that replacement insurance. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Recently my daughter broke the screen on her brand new phone. I was very unsure of what my experience would be with utilizing the insurance coverage. I filed a claim online through the Asurion website, and was pleased with how easy it was to complete. The next day a phone was shipped to us overnight, which we received the following day.

When we received the phone, we had a problem extracting the SIM card from the old phone as the plastic SIM card holder broke off and was unable to be removed. I was concerned that this would alter my claim, as I had made it solely for a broken screen. I called Asurion and spoke with a representative who assured me that I would not be charged a fee for the further damage. I returned the damaged phone in the mailer provided and a few days later I received an email that my phone was received and that my claim was complete and that I would not be charged a non-return fee (or any other fee). It seems that the representative was true to their word.

The phone I received was in very good condition and appeared to be almost new. So far we have not had any problems with the replacement phone, but if we do Asurion has warranted the phone for one year so I am not too concerned. I would not hesitate to use Asurion again should something happen to this phone or to one of my other covered devices.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Terrific service. Being without a phone is a tremendous difficulty in today's world so when my wife's phone was water damaged and inoperable we thought we were in for a long ordeal. We were pleasantly surprised with the swift professional service Asurion provided. We had her new phone delivered and fully operational in less than 24 hrs. Thank you.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Recently my LG cellphone stopped coming on. I tried troubleshooting and even took it to an AT&T dealer. It was confirmed that the battery was good and there was no other physical damage to the phone. I was put in touch with Asurion (the insurance carrier) who charged $112.00 for a replacement. I'm a little upset because I didn't damage the phone, it just stopped coming on. Is that really my fault and should I have to pay to replace it? Am I paying to receive discounts?

Original review: May 23, 2018

Iphone 6s stopped working, called Asurion and they sent me a new phone. I received the new phone the next day. I did have to pay more than expected to have them replace the phone. I was expecting to pay less than $100.00, but had to pay more. Other than the fee I was satisfied with their service.

Asurion Company Information