Asurion

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was more than pleased with how easy it was to put in my information and receive my new phone! I didn't even have to send it in first; I got my new phone then sent in the old one with about 3 days in between! Thanks Asurion for providing the service you promised!

I was negligent in my Recreational rock Crawler and my phone slipped out of my pocket and in the path of my tires and it was destroyed. Asurion made this easy as I was unsure I was covered for my own neglect, phone call took maybe 15 mins. Thanks for everything!

Good job. Yes I would recommend a friend. Your customer service was excellent and quick to resolve any issues. Thanks for the quick respond because I needed my phone fast. Now I'm checking to make sure that the phone continues to work well. Thanks.

Thank you so much for a very pleasant experience in replacing my son's damaged phone. The entire process was very easy and pleasant. Definitely we will continue to keep this insurance. As a matter of fact I have added this insurance to all our phones.

The service representative was very helpful in guiding me through the steps needed to get my phone replaced. The process was easy, and the phone arrived the next day. Returning the broken phone was simple and I was able to place it in the regular mail, instead of trying to find a mail service to drop it off. I would definitely recommend Asurion.

The only issue I have with Asurion is the cost. Otherwise, this is the best service money can buy relative to replacement plans. The process is fast and easy. The people are pleasant and professional and extremely helpful. I am completely pleased and satisfied with this service and would highly recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

The service was easy to use and very prompt. My daughter lost her phone, originally thinking we would find it, we suspended the service. Once we determined it was really lost, I contacted Asurion through the Verizon website and she had a new phone in less than 24 hours.

I was concerned at first when my S6 went dead. But after contacting Asurion they replaced my phone, no questions asked, and again a very happy customer. I am back in business... Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The process was easy to use to replace our water damaged iPhone. The replacement phone was not new (refurbished); it is a serviceable replacement but the battery life is not as good as with the phone it replaced. We did not understand that the replacement phone would not be new.

Screen was cracked in an iPhone 7 I had purchased through Verizon in April. Replacement arrived within 24 hours. I didn't expect that level of service especially since we live in a small town in North Carolina. Instructions for return were clear. I took my old and new phones into a Verizon office to be sure I had cleared the old phone as required. Shipping return was easy.

Expected run around and difficulty with receiving replacement but my experience was completely the opposite. Received replacement phone promptly and when they said I would. Felt informed throughout entire process. Would highly recommend to anyone asking if having the insurance is worth having.

My phone screen had cracked and after going on a vacation it stopped working entirely. I submitted my rather painless for to Asurion and they had a new phone to me the next day. It was fantastic. Thanks Asurion!

I made an insurance claim after dropping my phone under my lawn mower. The phone I received was obviously refurbished. I first noticed that the screen was not very secure. I powered up the phone and then noticed half the screen was black. Since receiving the phone I have noticed that the service reception is terrible compared to what I had. I have had times that it would not have service in Baton Rouge. I have also sat my phone beside my wife's and it would have no service while her phone had 2-3 bars.

The replacement phone that you guys sent me (LG G4) works fine, but I'm extremely disappointed with the replacement battery. The replacement battery that you sent lasts between 6 and 8 hours with minimal use, while my old battery (over a year old) lasted at least 12 hours with the exact same usage/conditions/phone settings/installed apps.

I realize that Asurion sends out refurbished phones and that's how you guys make your money, but I would expect better from the battery. I assume that this battery is also refurbished and wasn't tested well at all, which is disappointing considering the deductible and monthly rate that I pay for this insurance. The least you could do is ship out new batteries. It's ridiculous to have to charge a dead phone at lunch every day just to get it to last until I get home from work.

The process was quick and easy to exchange my daughter's phone that was broken. No problems whatsoever. A return envelope was also enclosed so that my daughter can return her old phone promptly. Thank you! I would recommend. :)

I didn't have to go through a lot of trouble shooting which is usually the case and received my replacement the next day! Right away I got the email and tracking number once it was available! Always very helpful and timely.

I have to say that my experience with Asurion have been the best. Thank you. I received my phone as expected. The only down part was the address was listed with the incorrect info. Customer service are very helpful and on point with their customer service skills.

Getting a new phone was super fast and really pretty easy. After speaking to a customer service rep, they gave me the website to make my claim, I went online and did a search for how much it would cost for a replacement. I was disappointed it cost so much for a replacement, but did some research, called around, and still found it was cheaper than going elsewhere to get the part (cracked screen) replaced.

I accidentally dropped my phone in the hot tub, I had to call Asurion, to get another phone and they were great, received new phone the next day!! It was great!! They even had a package to send the old phone back for free.

Replacement cell and charger were sent quickly and you included the earbuds which was much appreciated. Thus you honored your promise. Thanks. Again, thanks for doing what we paid you to do.

An exact replacement was not available, and I didn't like the other phone they had as an option. They said I could wait a couple days longer and mine would be available. Arrived fast, easy to return. So glad I had this coverage!

Initial replacement process was fast and easy... However a few weeks later we have another claim and a broken iPhone that caused a lot of problems and I had no phone to use on a planned trip for pictures and directions... Not too happy about receiving a ? Replacement... That was ? Broke??? Kind of a Hassle the second time around...

The process was effortless and received my new phone very fast. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because I was told by Verizon the deductible would be $50 cheaper than it was. Other than that I was happy with the process. Easy process for anyone.

Excellent service! Though the deductible is somewhat high, it restores routine that has been disrupted by losing one's phone. We are grateful for Asurion and recommend your coverage to others frequently. All six lines in our family are Verizon covered by Asurion.

Dropped phone and wasn't working properly. Was replaced quickly within two days. Sent out old phone. Also easy to complete. I will recommend this service to anyone purchasing a phone for insurance coverage. Very happy with the replacement phone also. Thank you!

I dropped my phone while out of town with my wife on vacation. Within 24 hours I had a new phone overnighted to me on the island where we were staying. I could not ask for better service. Wish that the premium that I had to pay was less, however, the service was timely and I received a new device.

My son dropped his phone while skateboarding. Cracked both screens. Contacted Asurion online and we had the replacement phone in less than 24 hours. Instructions were easy to follow and they made it easy to return the original phone by including a S.A.S.E. in the box. All I had to do was place the old phone in the envelope and put it in the mailbox. Great communication. They let me know as soon as they received my old phone so I didn't have to wonder if it was lost in the mail or in their office somewhere.

I have all my devices insured through Asurion. Luckily we don't have to use them often! :-) We did have to pay a $150 deductible which I thought was a little high, but it was for an iPhone 6. I'm not sure how they arrive at their deductibles because I don't recall a premium option for different deductibles when I signed up. That might be something to consider! I have four devices insured so it adds up. Perhaps another consideration would be a premium reduction for multiple devices. But like I said, service and communication was excellent! Thank you!

I had very high customer satisfaction with Asurion covering my product. They were very helpful and quick at getting me my new device. I would highly recommend them to everyone. They are also very friendly and understanding. I could have asked for better service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I lost Samsung Galaxy Edge 32gb recently and I called them for the claim. They approved the claim and I got the phone next day but it was S7 and not S7 Edge. When I called customer service to ask about it, they mentioned that they didn't have the phone in inventory and I have approved them to send me S7. I told the representative that such communication never happened and I was never given an option about waiting or getting the comparable phone instantly. But she kept iterating the same thing again and again, basically saying that I am lying about. I told her that it was a miscommunication at their end they need to take care of it, but she denied and said nothing can be done as I have accepted getting a different phone.

First of all they she was listening to me and not trusting me for the communication which has actually happened before for the phone claim. Secondly, even if they had to send a different phone from the same tier why didn't they send galaxy 8 which is in the same tier. No, because they have to just think about their profits by considering customers as cheaters and lying about the whole situation and being disrespectful towards them. Very disappointed about how they handled the whole situation!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My phone has a cracked screen and cracked back. They told me I had to fill out some paper which I have done. Multiple times with a copy of my driver's license. Every time I fill out the form they come up with a reason why it's not good enough. I wouldn't recommend their insurance on any device. I would rather spend the money on a new phone than to deal with them. You pay them every month and when you need to use what you pay for they are no help at all.

The whole claims process was a mess! Submitted payment, payment was rejected, never got notified it was rejected. Chat representative said they did not inform of rejected payment. Only found out by trying to figure out where my shipment was the next day. Idiotic.

Asurion Company Profile