Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5
Based on 5,741 ratings submitted in the last year

Asurion is a tech support and mobile protection plan company that works with leading wireless service providers like AT&T. The company offers tech support and coverage for common cell phone claims, such as loss, theft and accidental damage.

BOTTOM LINE

Asurion offers mobile replacement plans and tech support for a variety of smartphones and mobile devices. The company works with many popular wireless service providers.

PROS

• Offers extensive coverage
  • Sends replacement phones quickly
  • Low monthly cost

CONS

• Replacement is not always identical
  • Not available for everyone

Top Asurion Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Making my claim was easy and efficient. I was promised my replacement in 2 business days, in came in 1 day and was delivered on a Saturday. Fast service, thank you! I received my replacement phone in great time and in perfect condition.

Speedy delivery of the replacement phone. Included in the package were clear directions on how to set up new phone and return directions. The return internal packaging was a nice set up in order to safely return the damaged equipment.

What is Asurion?

Asurion phone insurance helps cover the cost to repair or replace a cell phone if it is lost, stolen or damaged. The company also offers technical support to assist with some of the most common cell phone malfunctions. Its representatives can help you back up your contacts and photos, and you can get in touch with a mobile expert every time you have an issue on your device.

The Asurion Protection plan also includes an extended warranty on other expensive electronics, including TVs, laptops, desktop computers, tablets and home appliances.

What does Asurion cover?

Asurion phone insurance covers some of the most common issues cell phone users have with their phones. The company’s protection plans cover cracked phone screens, physical damage, mechanical failure, loss, theft, water damage and normal wear and tear. The insurance extends to accessories that come with your phone, such as chargers and earbuds.

If your phone is damaged in any of these ways, you can file a claim on the Asurion website. If the phone cannot be repaired, Asurion can send out a replacement phone the very next business day.

To enroll your cell phone in the Asurion cell phone coverage plan, you must call or visit your wireless provider to see if your phone is eligible. You're typically only eligible within the first 30 days of activating or upgrading your phone. The type of devices that are covered depends on the wireless provider.

How to file a claim with Asurion

To file a claim:

1. Go to the Asurion website and choose your wireless provider from the list.
  2. Enter your phone number and follow the instructions to report what happened to your device
  3. You will be notified of the status of your claim and can track the claim online
  4. Asurion will send you an email with tracking information for your replacement device

If you file a claim but need to cancel, you can do it right on the website. Depending on your wireless carrier, you can file up to three claims in a year.

Asurion phone insurance attempts to send you a replacement device that is the same make and model of your old one. However, sometimes the exact same phone is not available, and the company’s representatives choose an alternative that matches the form and functionality of the lost or damaged device. Your replacement device may be new or refurbished and the color, brand, model and features could vary based on availability.

Asurion prices

The Asurion wireless phone protection plan costs $7.15 per phone per month, and there is a cap of $1,500 per claim. Asurion offers other services at different price points, including cracked screen repair that starts at $29.

You must pay a deductible before insurance kicks in and pays for a repair or replacement. The deductible is typically far less than the retail price of a new phone, which saves you money in the long run.

Asurion FAQ

Does Asurion cover cracked screens?
Yes. Simply file a claim and, once it is confirmed as eligible, you can drop your phone off at an authorized repair dealer, have an expert repair technician come to you or mail your device to Asurion. Cracked phones can typically be repaired in a matter of hours, and authorized service repairs come with a one-year limited repair warranty.
Are Asurion phones refurbished?
Some are, yes. If you qualify for a replacement phone, it will either be a new phone or a refurbished phone.
How do I track my Asurion claim?
There is an easy-to-use tracking feature on the Asurion website that helps you track the status of your claim.
Where is Asurion located?
Asurion is based in Nashville but has locations across the country.
How long does Asurion take to ship?
Most replacement phones are shipped the day after the claim is finalized.

Is Asurion worth it?

Asurion offers a layer of protection if you are prone to dropping, breaking or losing your phone. However, if you're picky about the phone that you have, it's important to remember that you may not always receive a replacement phone that is identical to your lost or damaged device. The monthly cost is relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of repairing or replacing high-end phones, which makes the service worth it for people who want to protect their devices.

Asurion Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I had a horrible experience up until I received help from Jon **. A brief summary: a phone I received from Asurion Dec 2019 began to have software malfunctions. I went to website and was guided to the claims form which I submitted and paid $199. The Asurion tech who delivered my phone and was supposed to set it up for me in fact did not do it correctly causing me to have to go into Verizon and completely reset and download my iCloud (he did not install the sim card). Then I realized the phone was under a one year warranty and should have been covered.

After a one hour and 26 min phone call, Jon ** went above and beyond to treat the situation humanly and explain my situation to his superiors. Instead of policy/procedure that would cause me to send back the new phone I received under a new claim and then receive another phone from warranty, Jon saw the logical choice and made the effort to do it: I received a refund for the $199, could keep the phone that was delivered to me and send back the original phone. It is very meaningful to have a genuine experience where a large company treats their customers as humans and actually help to resolve a problem in the least stressful way for the customer. He was knowledgeable, patient, thought outside the "box", and provided outstanding customer service.

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 7, 2020

My phone began to zoom and the print and icons on the face of the phone were so large that they were not readable. We couldn't get the zoom to disable. I took the phone to my AT&T store and they said it was broken and should be replaced, and told me how to get that started. I called the number given and talked to a lovely young lady from Arkansas who took care of ordering a new phone to replace the one I couldn't use.

She said it would come in 2 working days, and it did. When it arrived, our daughter was visiting us and said she knew how to set it up. I began looking for the old one that we had turned off two days earlier to show her what it had been doing. She swiped up on the face and was able to disable the zoom feature and the phone worked fine.

We had tried that earlier with no results. We called Asurian and reported that the phone was fixed and the nice man who answered the call said I should return the new one and get a credit and, if it happened again we would know what to do for it; also, if we couldn't fix it in the future we could call you again and get a new one. That is what we did. Our daughter had already put the sim card in the new phone and she didn't take it out since it was feared it would get lost since it wasn't attached to the card it came on. The old phone has worked properly since that time. We sent the new one back to you. All of the agents we talked to were knowledgeable, courteous and very helpful. It was a great experience. Thank you for your service.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We had lost our phone and contacted Asurion. They immediately sent a replacement by the next day. I was told that I would receive email notification when the phone arrives. I did get my message but no one came with the package. I called UPS and was told it was delivered to my address. I explained that I was home all day waiting. They told me to look under the welcome mat or around the house outside. They would not listen to me that I waited for someone to come to the door. I called Asurion again and told them what happened. They immediately sent another replacement.

A couple hours later, a lady from another street delivered my package said someone delivered my package to their address. I called Asurion back to stop delivery on the second replacement. They called the warehouse and that item had already been packaged and shipped out of their warehouse. I told them that they were too fast and too efficient. I asked what I was to do when that package arrives and I was told to just refuse it. Needless to say, UPS again delivered the second package to the other street again. Again, the lady delivered the package and I took the package to a UPS store for return. Thank you so much Asurion for your fast response on helping out a customer. Many many thanks.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

My screen cracked. Twice. I luckily have the insurance through Asurion. The first time, the guy called to let me know he was running ahead of schedule, but I was still at work. He offered to wait or come to my job (I’m a nurse at a large surgery practice), so I said he’s welcome to come to my job and fix it, as I wouldn’t be done for two hours. He showed up fifteen min later, I put him at an empty desk where he wasn’t able to see any patients coming in and out (HIPAA) and he fixed it within ten min. He was smart enough not to come looking for me, so he waited for me to come check up on him! I wish I had cash to give for a tip.

Second time, dropped my phone on the sidewalk. Only reason I’m not giving five stars is because of a scheduling issue. I had it scheduled on a Sunday, they called at the time of the appointment to let me know they didn’t have a worker available. No problem, just wish they told me sooner. Moved to another day, given a window, he called way ahead to tell me he’s running late. He came to my home, sat at my dining table and fixed within fifteen min. The process with asurion is seamless, even if the prior appt was cancelled last minute. I had a feeling it would, as it seemed too easy to book last minute on a weekend. I will always use them for my insurance.

Another great experience isn’t related to my phone, but my daughter's stroller and travel system. I loved it, but it wasn’t made anymore, so they sent me a check for the full retail cost (I paid less, from a sale) so I could replace it with whatever or use the money for something else. The small amount paid for the coverage is well worth it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I left my phone in a groove of my Jeep between front windshield & groove for hood while watering Plants on a very hot NC day for an ailing Sr Citizen in NC & awaiting a few calls. My hubby was unaware my cell was there & took our Jeep to do some grocery shopping a few miles away while I was watering plants on side of house, thus not see his departure with our car. When he returned, I asked him if he had my phone & took it off the front of driver's side before he left & he said, "NO!" We immediately got into our Jeep & retraced his entire route ="NO LUCK!!!" We immediately went to the nearest Verizon Store near Benson, NC & they 1st checked if it had been used once it slid off the Jeep=NOT USED YET at that time. Thanks to the Cell Phone Insurance we had purchased we were able to replace my valuable cell phone & all its data when we returned.

We did have to pay a fee for new phone as per our Insurance Agreement we had purchased less than a year before! The NC:Verizon Store ordered a new phone(same model) to be sent to my home in Neptune, NJ & as we returned to our home 3 days later; my mailman handed me the package with an exact replica of my "lost phone" & I dashed to my Ocean Township, NJ Verizon Store to have ALL MY DESPERATELY NEEDED DATA, PHONE #'s, etc stored in my "LOST PHONE". I WAS SO GLAD I HAD QUALITY INSURANCE WITH MY VALUABLE PHONE as I had several elderly relatives & friends that happened to have medical issues in US & Europe, that my cell phone was my & their lifeline to help them with calling nurses/doctors/families. I can only praise the Insurance Co & Verizon Stores in Benson, NC & Ocean Township, NJ for assisting me to get such Great 5*Service!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

They did a great job.... They always take good care of me... They got me my item to me at a good time and it wasn't no problems. I love being with them. Can't wait till I can upgrade and get a new watch.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

The agent who helped me was amazing. She treated me amazing. She listen to me. She solved my problem. I think you guys should have more agents like her. I had several situations and she was able to help me and often you guys have sent me multiple phones and none of my phones have worked one with the cracked screen one where you can’t touch the screen because nothing happens so she made sure I stayed on the line and took care of everything.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My experience was a very good one. Very helpful online in live chat and over the phone. Very friendly and were able to tell me exactly what needed to be done and how to do it. They all did an awesome job.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Techs could not have been more helpful. I’m not real tech savvy, but they were very patient and resourceful. I won’t hesitate to contact them in the future. I was very hesitant to get started, but they made it very easy.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

The representative I spoke with was extremely polite, patient and professional. She took the time to explain what she was doing each time she placed me on hold and resolved my issue efficiently. My new phone also arrived the next day - much faster than expected!

Asurion Company Information