4.22/5
Based on 9,402 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

14573 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Basically, they have no problem taking your money and telling you that they will come to your house to fix your phone when in fact they have no intention of showing up at all unless they have enough appointments in town to justify the business expense of actually delivering the product they already sold. I cracked the screen on my phone. Asurion could fix the screen for 29.99, sounded great, so I filed the claim or whatever and set up an appointment for a technician to actually come to my house and replace the screen. Technician was supposed to be here between 3 and 5, but was a no-show. No big deal, happens to anyone. I'll just call and see what happened.

So I called around 5:30 and the explanation I get is a "I'm sorry about that, would you like to reschedule the appointment?" For some reason no one went. "Ummm, okay. Sorry doesn't really explain why I just sat at my house for two hours waiting for you." Anyways, we set another for between 1 and 3 a couple days later. Well, 2:30 comes around and we still hadn't gotten the call from the technician saying that they would be here in 30 minutes. So we call Asurion and they say their office is in St George, about 45 minutes away.

According to them "unless we set several appointments in Cedar it wouldn't be very economical for us to drive there." Then they tell me that I can just drive down to St George and "if you call and give us a heads up then we can fix it any time." So basically these Asurion technicians have enough free time to fix my phone at any time of the day but they don't have the time to call to tell me that they aren't going to be coming to my house unlike the email reminder the day before had told me.

So thank you to Asurion for not only wasting the 4 hours waiting for you at my house but also for the two weeks longer I had to wait to get my phone fixed when I could have driven down the street and had it done by someone else in Cedar. I see how it is economical for you take my money but unfortunately it's not very economical when you don't get to keep it for actually doing your job.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Asurion replaced the broken iPhone 6s in record time with no hassles or delays. The application form and process went smoothly, and we received the replacement phone in record time. Truly great customer service and response time! Any questions I had were answered promptly and even the automated online help and FAQs were helpful.

Original review: April 18, 2018

When I had a problem with my brand new out of box Galaxy S6 they sent me a slew of broken refurbished phones all with different problems. 7 in fact. Then I decided to upgrade to S8. I was tired of the bullcrap. Well one day I fell with my S8 in my hand and shattered the screen. They sent me another refurbished piece of crap that won't connect to data, speakerphone is broken, charging port will not work. Had to buy a 60 dollar charging pad. Now they have given me a 2 week headache about replacing this crap!

I spent 30 dollars to fix a tiny crack it got the day I was taking it into Verizon. The guy examined the phone said it had hardware issues (no duh) and that they would overnight me a new replacement (ugh). Anyways tells me to call such and such number in 20 minutes. I do and now the woman is arguing with me that I have to pay the entire deductible to get this thing replaced when the technician said it would be at no extra charge. And yet I have paid a week in advance to have my dumb screen fixed and he even left without doing that. Biggest racket I've ever seen. Notice I got a flyer that says my screen is fixed? It is not. Where the heck is all my money going?!?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Screen was "black" and Verizon store told me it was a pressure crack and I should make a claim on the insurance. Put in a claim online and it was processed ASAP. I received the replacement phone in 48 hours. Claim was made late Friday afternoon and the phone shipped Saturday and I received Monday afternoon. Fast and no hassle. I will buy Asurion coverage for all my phone.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Great response time getting replacement out to us, process was simple and fast. I am pleased with every step of the process from the online submission to receiving the replacement phone on two days (submitted on Saturday and received on Monday). I will continue to use this service, as well as recommend it to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Thank you for replacing my iPhone. It was a little annoying to me to be without a phone but you all did an excellent job remedying that and I thank you. If this ever happens again I will definitely call you. It was kind of amazing how we rely on our phones so much.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My son's Phone was broke so you sent replacement in good good time. Packaged well with instructions easy to follow to activate replacement phone although I feel the deductible is too high with the amount we pay for these phones & having paid insurance. Please consider the long time loyalty we have with Verizon.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Having Asurion is one of the best things ever. They have very friendly representatives and very quick resolutions to problems. I didn’t have to wait very long for someone to answer the phone call. Prices are fantastic on replacements and they are sent quickly. The only questionable thing that may be a problem is that when your replacement arrives, it does not have to be signed for. Mine was left on my porch.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Awesome service, great response service, great customer service, fast and responsive!! I would definitely recommend Verizon and Asurion to all my friends. They have always been very responsive and taken care of mine and my family when it comes to our phones. We have never had an issue when we needed a phone replaced for whatever reason. Asurion has always made it fast and easy and we always receive our new phone in one day.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Filled out my claim information on Friday. Got my replacement iPhone X on Monday. The process was simple. The only downside was that I was able to start the claim through the wizard but had to log in to complete it. It would have been easier just to log in and do it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Replaced broken and shattered phone quickly and easily. Replacement phone works great and returning damaged phone was easy and without any issues. Will use again as needed. Wish pricing was cheaper. But aside from that Asurion made getting back to reality effortlessly and a breeze.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Contacted Asurion to file a claim for broken screen on my daughter's phone. The whole process from start to finish was quick and effortless, able to do everything online. When I had to contact them by phone to complete the claim, the customer service reps were very friendly and professional. This is the first time I've ever bought an insurance policy or extended warranty on anything because I always thought they were more trouble than they were worth. Not Asurion, I've had nothing but great quality service from them.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My 11 year daughter was visiting me here in Idaho. She dropped her iPhone 6 and shattered the glass. We went to the local Verizon store and had us contact Asurion to have it replaced. Her phone was less than a year old. We filed the claim and it was accepted. I sent them the 149 dollar deductible. We received the phone the next day. We had problems downloading my daughter's stuff from the iCloud. Took it to the Verizon store and the woman there was able to get the phone to work. Two days ago the phone started acting up and was getting very hot. Then it just stopped working. My daughter is now in Ca. They take it to the Verizon and are told it’s not their problem. You have to go to Apple. They go to Apple and are inform the replacement phone is trash and she could only do so much to fix. Beware of this company. Do not buy the insurance from Verizon. 700 dollars plus 149 is not a good thing.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My screen was shattered. After paying the deposit, I was sent a new phone quickly that works great! They sent a free shipping label to sent my old phone back. My phone is now working just like a new phone and I was able to upload all my data as well. Fast service!

Original review: April 16, 2018

The gentleman who came to fix my phone only had one screen with him and that screen would not work. My phone was taken apart from 11 am - 4:00 pm. To top it off, the screen wasn't on all the way, so I couldn't use it properly. Had to get a replacement after all. The replacement did come quickly, so that was nice.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Even though my phone was on back order for 2 weeks, there was great communication about updates on my order. When it finally came in it had great, easy to follow instructions on how to reactivate my new phone! Very pleased with Asurion's service and customer service! Thank you so much.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Phone would start to come on and pause. Tried hard reset would not work. Spoke with tech and went through several steps. Allowed phone to charge for 30 minutes and tried to complete hard reset again. Nothing worked so it was determined that the phone needed to be replaced. This is the second time in a year we have had issues with my son's phone. Each time Asurion was very responsive and provided us a new phone in a short amount of time.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I manage the cell phone account for our entire company (100+ physicians) so the online process was wonderful and allowed me to take care of the phone replacement and go about my day. I could track and check the status without having to go through all the steps to get to a live person.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I really appreciate. My device replacement was so fast. I wonder how you guys are working so hard to meet customers expectation. Thanks again for wonderful job. I am very glad to share my comments. Thank you and have a nice week. I like more information about your service in the future...

Original review: April 16, 2018

The claim was processed quickly and a new phone was sent the next day. It was easy and fast to file the claim online. Even when I had an error customer service was able to tell me exactly what was wrong so I could fix the error and continue submitting the claim.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Making my claim was very easy. I'm very satisfied with Asurion. Highly recommend for anyone with a teenager. I always insure my phones because they get damaged easily. Teenagers are extremely rough on phones and also other electronics. So whenever you can always buy the insurance through Asurion whenever it's offered.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Easy to use. Phone was on back order for a while. When phone was finally available, it was shipped right away. Didn't like that FedEx left my shipment in the middle of the road where I could have run it over or someone could have just picked it up and run off with it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

At first I was not satisfied with the way things were being handled with my insurance claim because they were giving me the run around about what exact date & time they were going to repair my screen on my phone. I called to talk with customer service because my technician was a no call no show. Speaking with customer care to me became more frustrating because they acted as if they didn’t have a clue about what was going on. Finally I asked to speak with someone in management and I must say that the management team went above and beyond to make sure my experience was great. Thank you!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Was very easy to use Asurion insurance. Very glad I now have it in all my devices. Got the new phone next day. Verizon reps explain step by step what to do. I followed it and my daughter was happy again. Thank you for making this an easy experience.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I was extremely pleased from start to finish. The gentleman I first spoke with was very kind. He explained the process to me. Each step we went through was completed with ease and within a very short time frame. Great service. Have been telling all my friends to be sure to use Asurion with their products. Thank you.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The process for replacing my phone was quick and easy, with no hassles. I was able to do everything online. The shipping was fast I had my phone within a couple of days I would recommend Asurion to anyone who values their phone.

Original review: April 14, 2018

First insurance cell replaced had a red hue to the screen and after hours of Samsung tech support on my cell, there wasn't anything they could do. Called Asurion, told service tech what happened and a replacement came within 24 hrs. No problems with this one so far. Samsung has issue with an update making screens reddish in color and no applicable fix is known yet.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Very friendly, great customer service and really fast action. I was able to have my new phone a day after I submitted my claim. They were very helpful and I will definitely recommend this service to a friend and continue to keep it for myself. The process of returning the old device was very easy as well. Overall the whole experience was fantastic.

Original review: April 14, 2018

When my phone was damaged and I had to do an insurance claim on it, I thought the process would be difficult. Asurion provides the best phone coverage and filing a claim is very easy. My phone will always be covered under Asurion as long as they will cover it.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The problem was solved fast and easy and the lady that I talked to was very friendly and helpful and answered all questions that had and I had my tablet the next day. Your service is definitely worth the money you pay monthly and I would recommend everyone use your services.

Asurion Company Information