It's that easy Request Information
4.54/5
Based on 5,932 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Every day our 19,000 experts help more than 300 million people around the world solve the most common and uncommon tech issues. We’re just a call, tap, click or visit away for everything from getting a next-day replacement of your smartphone, to helping you stream or connect with no buffering, bumps or bewilderment. We think you should stay connected and get the most from the tech you love... no matter the type of tech or where you purchased it.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

21015 Asurion Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 14, 2019

The representative was awesome. I had just lost a son in a car accident and this was my grandson’s father and it was his phone. The screen was messed up and cracked. The representative came out to my house to replace my grandson’s screen. I explain to him I had just lost a son. I explain to him about my story of losing both of my sons within six months are only 2 children. My youngest son was killed in an car accident on April 1, 2019. During the accident he lost his cell phone and his wedding band. He had only been married for two days.

The representative had a ring on just like my son‘s and when I saw it I started Crying and He took his ring off and gave it to me. I insisted that he keep it. I said, "I would not take your wedding ring. How would your wife feel about this? He said, "After I tell her your story my wife will understand and she would do the same thing." Very heart touching. I will never forget him being here with me that day and listening to me and watching me cry because my son had only been deceased just a couple of weeks. So it was very fresh... Please tell him I said thank you so much again. Y’all have a great person working for you. I promise you that I think an angel was sent to me that day...

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I just want to let everyone know that I had some challenging issues when I began my claim. A claim I really had not intended to make, as I was going to upgrade instead, but the "Samsung Note 10 won't be out until August 2019." Nevertheless, my claim begins with the prospect of becoming a very unpleasant experience, and I was looking forward to a very irritating encounter that would eventually frustrate me more, and place an unfair burden on those trying to assist me as best they could, with the rules and procedures that are taught to follow. Having to answer calls by the luck of the draw, every representative cringes when they know what the customer want is not something that is "normally" done, and they know they still must be professional as they represent the company, and rudeness is generally not tolerated by anyone in upper management so ending the call 'sine die' only means the client will call back even more upset.

Now, I’m an easy person, to deal with, really, but I have followed rules all my 60+ years of life, and I have made exceptions when I saw the need, and surmised that it was the best way to appease all involved with no loss of their dignity. I think that is the proper way all businesses serving people should operate. Be safe, be secure, but be fair. Regardless of what I needed from a customer, I always knew enough that if I didn't get it, I was 100% sure of the person whom I was assisting, was that person. One-hundred percent!

Nevertheless, my challenges were quickly overcome by the wonderful assistance by Customer Service Representative, Kerri. In addition to her seeing that my problem was solved, and satisfactorily I will add, her explanations even presented me with a learning opportunity that I will surely look into to. Kerri was most helpful with her assistance. The personal attention was something I needed and I appreciate her working in my behalf. When it was all said and done, the resolution gave me good confidence in her abilities, as she definitely displayed an expression of empathy for my situation.

Sometimes when you deal with insurance companies and the like, they love to be iron maidens with a client/customer, not taking the time to find out what they can do, just being repetitive with telling you what they cannot do. I thank her very much for the ‘can do’ spirit she exhibited. Asurion should be glad they have someone like Kerri in their arsenal. Thank you, too, Asurion for allowing Kerri do what she did, for the best interest of the client, me!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Representative was great and easy to use. Quick mail out and received quickly. Replacement already missing a volume key after 30 min of handling it to load items and it is lost. Not sure to keep or return. Should not be that way to break so quick not evening handling it long.

Asurion response

Hi Amy, I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us. However, I am sorry you are having trouble with your replacement. Rest assured your device does come with a 12-month limited warranty in the case of malfunction or defect as long as there is no physical or water damage on the device. If you are still having trouble with your device, feel free to contact me here with your name, telephone number, carrier, and best contact information. - Tasha

Original review: April 1, 2019

The first claim-the phone was believed to have damage to USB because the phone would not download any upgrades from all suggested actions and was submitted as such. However, as prompted on the online submitted claim, Verizon suggested online to file as a warranty claim. Upon completing the claim as warranty, the representative stated if there are any damages on the phone we would be charged more - (than if we had submitted a damage claim) so, we called and had the claim submitted again as a damage claim. The representatives helping did a great job changing this over and not incurring issues with the return. It went smoothly. Thank you. The bottom line is whatever the appropriate claim type, we received a working phone and no additional costs were incurred, other than submitting claims time.

Suggestion: When the prompt suggests you file a warranty claim vs a damage claim (as the customer intended) & because the computer thinks you should based on your information provided, there should ALSO be an option to proceed with the damage claim anyway. This could be explained during the submission of the claim as well that if you do proceed with the warranty claim and damage is found, you may be charged more than the damage claim deductible. Then, the decision could be made on the customer side how to proceed. There was not and this created more work for us (your customer) as well as Verizon's.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

At first I was very disappointed as I have dealt with you in the past and never had a problem. But after all the issues got worked out I was very happy... I'm also old enough to know that the days of (the customer is always right!) is long gone. People have gotten so corrupt and or just plain manipulative and sketchy! I can totally understand your hesitation to file claims as fast as you did 10 years ago! I reiterate people are sketchy, as I've heard stories about adults bragging to the fact of how easy they ripped off such similar companies, in which I always grow very upset for the basic fact that the price always gets raised and only hurts the loyal honest consumer! A few times after contacting you guys I had the misfortunate of being stuck on the phones with one gentleman who either thought I was lying didn't know what I was talking about or was plain dumb... I'm sooo glad.

I had AT&T listening so they could see what was going on and that I was in the know (a manager of Asurion want to say) kept going on with me in a not very nice tone thinking I was lying about which phone I owned. I only have one other line and I pay $260 a month in cell phone fees and services, that's nothing to be proud of but it also irritated me that a fellow Asurion worker took up all my free time and basically arguing back and forth the fact I was mistaken are wrong in this conversation. Needless to say I wasn't and when it was all over I had AT&T on the other line still listening going that was crazy and I said, "Thank God you were listening" and sometimes I think human beings sometimes need that assurance that the problem did not lie with them with being over-sensitive, or just plain won't admit when they are wrong.

Other than that I'm very happy with my new phone that you guys replace for me... Thank you very much and I will as well as my spouse continue to keep doing business with your company... Hope your holidays are well and have a great New Year. PS I did take my phone at FedEx so if you could let me know that you guys got it that would be great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: June 23, 2019

I bought the insurance for my camera which was explicitly advertised to cover "drops, spills and cracked screens" because I was going on a trip and afraid of any damage. However, when I submitted my claim form online, I was automatically rejected and not able to speak to a person. This company makes false advertising and after they take your money they just ignore you. Do NOT buy from them!!!

Original review: June 23, 2019

I had to call two different times last week for the same problem. That was to set up my new iPad to transfer information from my old iPad. The first person I contacted was a total waste of my time and her time as well in all fairness I would not give that person a rating however the second person I called whose name was Sierra resolved my issues in probably 20-25 minutes. My issue was resolved without any additional problems or need to contact the company I think she may have been someone from the Apple versus your company as I was transferred during the call. She was absolutely five star plus in ability and pleasant assistance.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Once I finally decided to make the claim, the quality of service I received was outstanding. I was very pleased with the rep interaction, promptness, and the peace of mind of knowing that the damaged device had been received. The reminder to complete the process of retiring the old/damaged device was a nice bonus.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Very easy to communicate with and easy to get it done. Very happy with the timeframe it took to get my new product as well. My new product was delivered in two days. Very happy overall. Would definitely recommend this company.

Original review: June 23, 2019

We had a phone that was no longer working but after contacting Asurion they addressed the matter quickly and we had a replacement phone the next day. We were grateful for the quick and efficient service. Cell phones are no longer a luxury but a necessity of life so being without one for and extended amount of time can be devastating. Thank you.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Received the replacement phone in approx. 3 days. Their system kept saying the phone was out of stock and asking me to return later or continue, I chose to continue because my son needed his phone, as stated before It was received in approx. 3 days.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I lost my phone, filed a claim and within 3 days I had a new phone in hand, amazing experience! This insurance policy is well worth the additional money per month. You will not regret having it. They make it so easy. Thank you!

Original review: June 23, 2019

Excellent and seamless online claim process! I received my replacement phone and ear buds the next morning. Thankfully, the claim process invited me to schedule a call with the AT&T PROTECH rep to walk me through setting up my phone and transferring all of my data and settings.???

Original review: June 23, 2019

Excellent. The person who helped me was an angel. She was very nice and gracious. She took her time walked me thru each step again. Excellent service. I would indeed recommend my friends and family to Asurion I hope everyone there is as nice as the young lady who helped me.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I received the replacement phone quicker than I could ever imagine. The replacement phone is perfect! This was a very seamless transaction. I’ve encouraged family and friends if they don’t have insurance to get it immediately. Thanks again for the prompt response.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Process was fast and easy with the help of staff at Verizon! I will always purchase phone insurance from now on. I was amazed at how easy it was to make a claim and receive a replacement phone. The process has changed my mind about the value of phone insurance.

Original review: June 23, 2019

The only thing I was not really happy about was I did not get the same phone I had insured. I had a iPhone X r. They sent me a iPhone X but not R. They were really nice and easy to deal with and professional though.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Response was fast - only complaint I had was after multiple attempts to enter business address - it locked me out - so I had to call and enter address. Other than that - watch arrived next day in a new factory sealed original box with all the goodies inside. So excellent job folks!

Original review: June 23, 2019

Perfect help, quick response, express shipping & amazing customer service!!! This is the reason why I pay for the insurance because I get more than my money's worth and feel 100% confident in getting my needs met and problems addressed.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Replaced my broken phone with a refurbished one. I started having issues with it a week in. When I called they were very helpful and sent me a new phone overnight! Very happy I paid for the insurance and that they were able to fix the issue immediately!

Original review: June 23, 2019

I was 5-Star satisfied with the representative that assisted me and with the speed I received the replacement phone. Sending back the original phone was easy also because a mailing label and sealing tape were included in the box.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Excellent. Service was very good and on time as promised. Thank you very much. It’s a pleasure. I ordered phone a day back and it was delivered in time as promised. They promised as per the insurance details.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Thank you everyone, was helpful and friendly. The technical support team was very nice and made sure my new phone was set up and working as it should. I appreciate the support. Once again it did take some time to get my old phone contact and apps and emails on my new phone but in time it worked out.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Filed my claim, the process was easy and fast. Received my replacement phone in less than 48 hours. Setup and data transfer was simple. Only problem I had was some of my contacts got convoluted with extra data that wasn't present in the contact before and some of my game applications lost progress.

Original review: June 22, 2019

My phone came quickly and the rep that helped me was great. My expectations have been met and everything was in the box for me to return the phone safely. I’m glad everything happened quickly. I just wish I could have paid immediately.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Service was excellent. Got my new phone in less than 24 hours after filing my claim. Everything went great. I would highly recommend Asurion to anyone who asked me if they should insure their phone. The phone works great and was an upgrade to the phone I had.

Original review: June 22, 2019

The process was fast and simple. Recommend this insurance to everyone with AT&T. They really come through when you need them to. We will always be insured as long as we have phones. I wouldn’t have phones otherwise.

Original review: June 22, 2019

At first I was incredibly upset the my screen cracked and became nearly unusable. When I had my phone taken to have it screen replaced and was told that it can not because the phone itself with slightly bent, my stomach dropped. Having to request a complete replacement was a little concerning, but in hindsight it was the easiest and rewarding act I've taken. When my new phone came in, I was back in business! I don't know why anyone would not get their hardware insured. We have it out so much and there are so many opportunities for a catastrophic accident to happen. I am extending my insurance.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Asurion is a Great & outstanding phone insurance company. They replace my phone rather quickly without hassle. Also arrived timely as I was in a crisis out of town. Do not regret paying for it monthly. I love it!

Original review: June 22, 2019

Agent was super polite and helpful. She was very helpful and made the claim process pain free. I hope that if I ever have to file another claim with Asurion I have the pleasure of working with the same agent or one who is just a friendly and helpful.

Asurion Company Information