It's that easy Request Information
4.49/5
Based on 4,847 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

19212 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 22, 2019

Just got my daughter an iPhone XS Max Saturday for her birthday on Sunday. The kid was so excited she dropped it and cracked the screen next day. I filed for the claim - was approved Tuesday shipped on Wednesday and when I got home Wednesday FedEx said they delivered it and there was no package outside my door. How can they ship a $1,000+ phone and not require a signature???

I got the run around because I was told to make a new claim and then they close it because they flagged me and then I'm told make another one and I should be good after ATT had to call them and conference us all together. I think I'm on my 3rd claim since Wednesday and was told adjuster would call and leave a message or email me. WELL the other ones that were denied I still never got a call or an email and they just make it seem like they don't care. I just want her to have her freaking phone and I can't do a damn thing about it because I have to wait 24 business hours.N= Now my child has to travel come Monday with no cell phone. Unbelievable!!

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The phone surface was cracked, home button not working properly. The process to file the insurance claim was very easy and quick, filed it online, very user friendly; Very timely phone replacement, received the phone within 2 days. AT&T customer service was very helpful too.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Very satisfied. Came the next day. Would recommend your services to all my friends and coworkers. I don’t know how you do it so fast. It’s mind boggling on how fast you turn it around. I have 3 phones and used your services a couple of times and all have been satisfactory.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Asurion representatives were very knowledgeable and helpful. The process of replacing and returning the device was quick and simple. Our cell phones and tablets are used on job sites so the chance of damage is much higher. Having insurance is a must for us and we appreciate the quick turn around. Thank you.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Very easy, understandable and quick process. One of the phones on my account had water damage and I called, explained it, had the new phone the next day then sent the damaged phone back and had no problems. Very pleased with the service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 21, 2019

The customer service has been horrible and fraudulent. I am disappointed in every aspect of my experience. I wanted a phone replaced, I was told the phone was out of stock and that I should click on the link provided to choose a replacement. All they had to choose from was an ASUS pad... no phone. I couldn't start over because the claim I had started was tied to the phone number. This is fraud! I spoke to Verizon about this on 2 occasions regarding the situation. The last time I was speaking with someone, they went to go get assistance from a Supervisor and never came back on the line. Horrible service.

Asurion response

Hi Joni, I completely understand your concern and how this matter could be frustrating. Rest assured, I am here and happy to help. I would like to take a look at your claim to ensure it is being filed correctly. This is not a typical customer service experience and I do appreciate your patience. If you would provide your name, telephone number, claim number and your best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com, I would be happy to take a look into this for you. – Tasha

Original review: March 21, 2019

Phone fell - small circle damage on phone - phone showed no service - when attempt to charge battery, message on phone was charging stopped - battery temp too high or too low - red line across battery on screen then phone went blank. Filed insurance claim. Claim processed immediately and replacement phone was received. Great service.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Very good. I had a bit of a problem because I forgot my passcode but once I got to speak with a real person rather than the automated system, everything went well. I was able to get through the process and file my claim and get a new phone very quickly. Thanks!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I really appreciated the speed with which you sent me my new phone. It was here in a blink and the instructions online of how to apply for my phone through my insurance was AWESOME. Thank you so much.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Your response to filling my request was very professional and seamless. The people with whom I communicated were responsive and concerned that my needs were met. From the time of my contact, I knew exactly what the status was of my transaction. Unfortunately, we have become so reliant on these devices that it impacts our ability to function on a daily basis. I have told my story to all of my associates at work and family members. Thank You again for the support and response that I received.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I just want to say a few things about my experience with Asurion... This is the second time I have dealt with this company and although both time the outcome has been positive getting to that point has been a struggle. Both times I needed to speak to someone higher in charge due to lack of competency by the customer service people that answer the phone.

My most recent encounter had an employee that didn't even realize that I had an open claim. The second employee talking over me as I was speaking. And that was the second and "higher above" person I talked to. Not until I spoke to a third person were my issues and needs met with proper customer service. After speaking with my carrier they have said that they have heard not so good things about your company. Having to replace a phone is a big deal in today's society. I would hope in the future that your employees are trained with the knowledge to handle these situations tediously and with the utmost customer service.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Very prompt getting new phone to me! Grandson was getting ready to go out of town for work. So promptness was needed for him to have his phone. His phone was lost or stolen. Thank you for handling this for us.

Original review: March 21, 2019

It was so simple, I used the online site to report the damage to one of our field workers phone and answered a few questions and before I knew it the new phone was here and we returned the damaged one. EASY.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I am very pleased with the promptness of my claim. After filing my claim, I received my phone overnight, less than 24 hours. The replacement product was exactly what was specified and activating my new phone was very user-friendly. Thank you.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Phone came fast and new, thank y’all. It was a somewhat fast, y’all worked. I will definitely use y’all again because I have bad luck with phones. And I will be recommending y’all you my friends. Also the steps to replace my phone were nice and easy!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Very pleased with how quickly I received a replacement device. Also, very pleased with how easy it was to get the device activated. Customer service was helpful, polite and efficient. I expected the process to be painful but it was turn key easy. Thank you! -A

Original review: March 21, 2019

My first replacement phone was not working properly and after a week or so with it I called again. We tried a few steps to get it working and when that was unsuccessful you immediately placed another in the mail to me. This phone is working well and I appreciate the patience you had with my frustration. Thank you!

Original review: March 21, 2019

The claim process was a lot faster and easier than I expected. It only took about 5 minutes. Replacement phone was delivered quick. Only issue was that the replacement is a refurbished phone that apparently must have belonged to a young girl because when I turned it on it must have had over 50 apps on it that were all pink and were almost all about, "play dress up", "put make-up on the princess", etc. I would recommend that if you're going to refurbish phones you should clear out old apps, info and such. Maybe set them back to original factory settings if possible. Other than that it was a good experience...

Original review: March 21, 2019

Excellent service, the tech was very helpful and understanding when I file my claim. And quick to send me my brand new phone, and even call me up to help me set it up. I’m very happy with the service and I will keep it, also recommend Asurion to my friends.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Had me connected in less than 16 hrs! From time of contact to wearing my watch again! Super fast and easy process. Everything was handled online, which was convenient for me because I work nights. Very satisfied with the entire experience!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Excellent customer service. I had multiple questions and anyone whom I contacted was able to answer them. I was a bit confused regarding the affidavit the representative helped me completely. I was also happy to have gotten my phone in such a short period of time (24 hours)!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I had a Great experience, I received my device in a timely manner, it was an easy process, and a definitely a great service. My watch that I received was in a great condition, I didn’t have any issues with my order.

Original review: March 21, 2019

They did an excellent job taking care of my defective phone. I would recommend them to anyone who had access to Asurion. Does not matter what time of the day they are always pleasant to deal with. Thanks, again for all of your help.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I was trying to complete a claim online but it told me to call. The representative who helped me was wonderful! She was very efficient and polite making the whole process simple and painless. Please give her another thanks for me.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Very professional, phone service was great and phone arrived quick. However would be nice if the cost was a little lower for these types of things. But other than that I was very satisfied and would use this process again.

Original review: March 20, 2019

What I thought was going to a replacement issue became a software issue and Asurion walked me through the entire process of backing up my phone, resetting and getting everything reloaded. I appreciate their professionalism and patience. Relieved and Happy is how that ended.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Replaced my wife’s iPhone 7 when it died. Went great from asurion point of view. The problem we had was the AT&T store did not do a good job explaining or assisting us in problem and explaining what a Asurion would and how to file a claim.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

Very fast delivery, phone was in used condition though. I was expecting more for the price paid. Phone works better than the one we sent back. No idea if the phone returned with no issues. I would have liked an email to say you got the old phone back.

Asurion response

Hi Jenifer, I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us. Typically, if the device has not been received back we would notify you. However, I am happy to look into this for you and contact you back with any additional information. Please send me your carrier, claim number, telephone number and your best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com and I would be happy to check into this for you. -Tasha

Original review: March 20, 2019

Amazing, quick service. Phone came overnight and was able to set up with no questions asked. Phone was a high quality refurbished unit that performs flawlessly. Best insurance claim process that I've ever had to deal with. Will definitely use again if necessary.

Original review: March 20, 2019

My claim was handled so easily and quickly that I was amazed! The entire process took only half a day-definitely not what I was expecting. Thank you for making the claim and the process easy from start to finish. I will recommend Asurion insurance to friends and family.

Asurion Company Information