Accredited Partner

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.57/5
Based on 6,114 ratings submitted in the last year

Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Every day our 19,000 experts help more than 300 million people around the world solve the most common and uncommon tech issues. We’re just a call, tap, click or visit away for everything from getting a next-day replacement of your smartphone, to helping you stream or connect with no buffering, bumps or bewilderment. We think you should stay connected and get the most from the tech you love... no matter the type of tech or where you purchased it.

View More View More

Asurion Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

My screen cracked. Twice. I luckily have the insurance through Asurion. The first time, the guy called to let me know he was running ahead of schedule, but I was still at work. He offered to wait or come to my job (I’m a nurse at a large surgery practice), so I said he’s welcome to come to my job and fix it, as I wouldn’t be done for two hours. He showed up fifteen min later, I put him at an empty desk where he wasn’t able to see any patients coming in and out (HIPAA) and he fixed it within ten min. He was smart enough not to come looking for me, so he waited for me to come check up on him! I wish I had cash to give for a tip.

Second time, dropped my phone on the sidewalk. Only reason I’m not giving five stars is because of a scheduling issue. I had it scheduled on a Sunday, they called at the time of the appointment to let me know they didn’t have a worker available. No problem, just wish they told me sooner. Moved to another day, given a window, he called way ahead to tell me he’s running late. He came to my home, sat at my dining table and fixed within fifteen min. The process with asurion is seamless, even if the prior appt was cancelled last minute. I had a feeling it would, as it seemed too easy to book last minute on a weekend. I will always use them for my insurance.

Another great experience isn’t related to my phone, but my daughter's stroller and travel system. I loved it, but it wasn’t made anymore, so they sent me a check for the full retail cost (I paid less, from a sale) so I could replace it with whatever or use the money for something else. The small amount paid for the coverage is well worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I left my phone in a groove of my Jeep between front windshield & groove for hood while watering Plants on a very hot NC day for an ailing Sr Citizen in NC & awaiting a few calls. My hubby was unaware my cell was there & took our Jeep to do some grocery shopping a few miles away while I was watering plants on side of house, thus not see his departure with our car. When he returned, I asked him if he had my phone & took it off the front of driver's side before he left & he said, "NO!" We immediately got into our Jeep & retraced his entire route ="NO LUCK!!!" We immediately went to the nearest Verizon Store near Benson, NC & they 1st checked if it had been used once it slid off the Jeep=NOT USED YET at that time. Thanks to the Cell Phone Insurance we had purchased we were able to replace my valuable cell phone & all its data when we returned.

We did have to pay a fee for new phone as per our Insurance Agreement we had purchased less than a year before! The NC:Verizon Store ordered a new phone(same model) to be sent to my home in Neptune, NJ & as we returned to our home 3 days later; my mailman handed me the package with an exact replica of my "lost phone" & I dashed to my Ocean Township, NJ Verizon Store to have ALL MY DESPERATELY NEEDED DATA, PHONE #'s, etc stored in my "LOST PHONE". I WAS SO GLAD I HAD QUALITY INSURANCE WITH MY VALUABLE PHONE as I had several elderly relatives & friends that happened to have medical issues in US & Europe, that my cell phone was my & their lifeline to help them with calling nurses/doctors/families. I can only praise the Insurance Co & Verizon Stores in Benson, NC & Ocean Township, NJ for assisting me to get such Great 5*Service!

Original review: July 30, 2019

My husband and I have replaced close to a dozen phones with Asurion, mostly damaged and some lost. Each time the process is fast, there are zero questions or skepticism, and the folks are courteous. I've done as many as three phone replacements in a month without any problems. You are even sent a send back envelope when the phone is lost in case you find it. We have actually found 2 of our lost phones and sent them back! When you file a claim and have to send back a phone they don't even care what IMEI you send back, as my husband and I have identical phones, and sometimes we will switch phones while waiting for the replacement, depending who may have the more urgent need for a phone at the time (like one of us waiting on a job call or one of us having to go to work when the other one is at home).

I almost wanted to rate this a 4 because the address portion of an online claim doesn't work for me. Where I live I do not receive postal mail, it ONLY goes through a PO Box, but since Asurion won't allow PO Boxes it fails the address validation every time. So each time I start a claim online I am forced to call and speak to a representative so they can enter my address manually. It's to the point where I just pick up the phone and call because I know I'm going to have to speak with a representative, and they too seem so surprised when it comes time for the address validation portion.

Also, my most recently replaced phone had a very minor defective display out of the box, but for 1 out of 12 or so phones it's really not that big of a deal. When I really think about my entire history with Asurion, I have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars by having the service, and those two criticisms pale in comparison to the money I have saved on replacing phones. I will NEVER own another phone without Asurion protection.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I just want to let everyone know that I had some challenging issues when I began my claim. A claim I really had not intended to make, as I was going to upgrade instead, but the "Samsung Note 10 won't be out until August 2019." Nevertheless, my claim begins with the prospect of becoming a very unpleasant experience, and I was looking forward to a very irritating encounter that would eventually frustrate me more, and place an unfair burden on those trying to assist me as best they could, with the rules and procedures that are taught to follow. Having to answer calls by the luck of the draw, every representative cringes when they know what the customer want is not something that is "normally" done, and they know they still must be professional as they represent the company, and rudeness is generally not tolerated by anyone in upper management so ending the call 'sine die' only means the client will call back even more upset.

Now, I’m an easy person, to deal with, really, but I have followed rules all my 60+ years of life, and I have made exceptions when I saw the need, and surmised that it was the best way to appease all involved with no loss of their dignity. I think that is the proper way all businesses serving people should operate. Be safe, be secure, but be fair. Regardless of what I needed from a customer, I always knew enough that if I didn't get it, I was 100% sure of the person whom I was assisting, was that person. One-hundred percent!

Nevertheless, my challenges were quickly overcome by the wonderful assistance by Customer Service Representative, Kerri. In addition to her seeing that my problem was solved, and satisfactorily I will add, her explanations even presented me with a learning opportunity that I will surely look into to. Kerri was most helpful with her assistance. The personal attention was something I needed and I appreciate her working in my behalf. When it was all said and done, the resolution gave me good confidence in her abilities, as she definitely displayed an expression of empathy for my situation.

Sometimes when you deal with insurance companies and the like, they love to be iron maidens with a client/customer, not taking the time to find out what they can do, just being repetitive with telling you what they cannot do. I thank her very much for the ‘can do’ spirit she exhibited. Asurion should be glad they have someone like Kerri in their arsenal. Thank you, too, Asurion for allowing Kerri do what she did, for the best interest of the client, me!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Representative was great and easy to use. Quick mail out and received quickly. Replacement already missing a volume key after 30 min of handling it to load items and it is lost. Not sure to keep or return. Should not be that way to break so quick not evening handling it long.

Asurion response

Hi Amy, I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us. However, I am sorry you are having trouble with your replacement. Rest assured your device does come with a 12-month limited warranty in the case of malfunction or defect as long as there is no physical or water damage on the device. If you are still having trouble with your device, feel free to contact me here with your name, telephone number, carrier, and best contact information. - Tasha

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: March 31, 2020

The staff is so polite and easy to work with. The process was so simple and easy. My house got robbed and my phone was taken but the I am glad that the insurance covered it. But it's been 3 days I am still waiting for a my phone to arrive, and I need it for my online classes. I hope it comes soon. Otherwise, I completely recommend this service because they are polite, understanding and great to work with.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I completed my claim online. I received my replacement phone in 2 days. Asurion kept me updated every step of the way through my email. It was a simple and great experience. Thank you for taking care of me. I'm back in business and all is well.

Original review: March 31, 2020

My agent was amazing... Had difficulties online, but she streamlined everything. Received replacement phone and activation. Thank you so much for all of the assistance. I have been an ATT customer for many years.

Original review: March 31, 2020

They took care of my problem and send out a new phone right away without any problems. They were very polite and courteous on the phone. I was very pleased with the whole process and would recommend to my friends how good of an experience it was.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Received my phone the next day... That's great service considering all that we are coping with. For some of us a cell phone is all we depend on to communicate with others. The customer service dept stepped up by letting me know that my broken phone could be returned within 30 days and not immediately.

Asurion Company Information