4.13/5
  • 1 star
Based on 10,124 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System.

For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

11960 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Service was fast and easy. I received a new device quickly and was able to enable it easily without assistance following the simple instructions included with the package. This is my second replacement phone through Asurion and I had a pleasant experience on both occasions.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Everything turned out really good and I was satisfied. It was very quick. It did not take much of my time, very Positive people working in customer service. I hope I don't have to go through this again. But if I do I am assured that I will have what I need to have done done and not have to worry. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The CSR on the phone was very helpful and polite. The phone was received timely. Overall service was excellent and very much appreciated. I only use Asurion as my phone coverage for my entire family. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

iPhone 6 Insurance Claim - Filled out request in line. Received confirmation within a few hours, and replacement cell phone arrived within 36 hours. Good instructions with new phone for transferring data and everything included to ship back the broken phone. Will definitely continue Asurion's coverage on the replacement phone. Easy peasy!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We have 5 phones and have protection on the 3 kids phones. This one fell out of her pocket and got ran over and was badly damaged. The claim was quick and easy. We got the replacement next day and is working great. Thank you. Well worth the money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Replacement of damaged phone, info given by rep and info received by mail was easy to understand. Rep at Verizon store was very courteous and helpful, rep from Asurion was very helpful and answered all my question.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The process of getting a replacement phone through Asurion was very easy. Choosing the replacement phone and directions for returning the old phone were simple. I was especially impressed by how quickly I got my new phone. My new phone works perfectly.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Device was sent in a timely manner and all follow on instructions were clear as how to return damaged device. The process from start to finish was very straightforward and easy to use. I did use the online tool to make the claim and had no issues.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The phone arrived one day after I ordered it. It was in good shape and it's serving me well. I use Asurion, as in file a claim, maybe once every two years and each time it's a painless process that results in me getting a new phone in 24 hours or less. No complaints. Thank you very much for the great service. This is why I pay $7 a month (or however much I actually pay).

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My son's iPhone 7 Plus stopped working. I was able to fill out the forms online and mailed the phone in to Asurion. I did find the deductible rather pricey but it was replaced in a timely matter which was greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your user friendly service!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

It became necessary to file a claim for my mobile phone that was mistakenly left on the bumper of my truck. The claim was filed by about 930 pm; and before 830 am the next day, the replacement phone had been delivered to my front door. It was almost like nothing had happened to the phone...

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

The 3 hour wait to process a claim is crazy after doing all that paperwork. I had to stay up super late to get it done. I talked to Asurion reps two times - Once to call about the wait and a second time over confusion about FindMyiPhone being off. Both reps were super rude. The woman, Belle was the rudest. It is clear they have little training and do not want to help the customer.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My replacement phone has been shutting down and not performing as I hoped it would. It seems that there are software issues with the replacement phone I received. Also I am having trouble retrieving data from my old phone. I will send my old phone in as soon as I recover the data I need.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I received phone within 2 business days and it works perfect. I filled out my claim form online and talked with your representative who was very courteous and knowledgeable about your replacement and fees. My grandson is very happy to have his phone again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I dropped my phone attempting to help an elderly lad and the little lens on the camera broke. Asurion replaced it so fast that I had my phone the next day. Overnight shipping is the best and I appreciate the great service. Phone was up and running in no time. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Trip insurance is an easy decision when the price is affordable. I don't travel without it. Asurion provides an easy to purchase product at a good price point. Knowing I am covered in case of an accident while overseas gives us great peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Claim was handled immediately, without any problems. I would recommend Asurion to anyone who asked. The claim was initiated by a non-corporate store, the person I spoke to on the phone was polite, efficient and to the point. I received a replacement shortly after placing the order.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have used Asurion three times and had zero problems with their services. Fast, simple, convenient, time and cost effective and, their customer service reps. We’re all very knowledgeable and friendly. I will continue to use their services and would recommend at worst giving them a go at least once.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

We got the replacement phone very quickly. We were up and running quick. Bad part was the new phone has pop ups Every time I go to Google, Facebook, email or other apps. Advertisements that are so annoying when in the middle of doing something like now. Have tried to eliminate them but can't.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I prefer communicating with a person as opposed to Asurion's current practice of entering information on the website. If you would offer a choice, it would be much appreciated. However, The instrument was received promptly which was much appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Asurion handled my claim quickly. I had my new phone the next day. Very easy to work with. From the time I reported my claim to receiving my new phone the time was I believe one full day. I do believe I wrote a very satisfactory note. I'd like to note here that you don't necessarily need forty words to express satisfaction. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I contacted Asurion to request a receipt for proof of purchase of replacement iPhone and was assured to have the receipt by email within 3 days. That was November 8th and I still do not have the receipt as of today November 17th.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

It took a few tries to get my information to be sent, but after that was all worked out the process was really quick to get a replacement phone. Then the broken phone was easily returned through the mail via the envelope that was in the device package.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I had my phone stolen in Montana. On my drive back to WA I filed a claim over the phone as I had no access to the internet. People kept referring me to the website even after I told them I was on the road driving from Montana. Then I could not get a new phone in the mail to me until I got back to Washington, signed and sent back an affidavit which was very frustrating to go without my phone.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My Droid Moto phone fell and cracked the front screen. I called them and the next day I received a new phone. I was able to get my information in the new phone and sent the broken one back. No problems. Only had to pay the $100 deductible.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Purchased cell phone warranty with Costco for my iPhone 6 for $129. After a year the phone was freezing and was told by Costco to contact Asurion. After an $80 deductible I was sent a refurbished iPhone 6. The phone was immediately malfunctioning and not usable. I was sent a second refurbished phone that is freezing more than my original and is not receiving all text messages. A third claim was put in. I was sent a form to fill out and sign pretty much stating if I was lying about the problem they would take legal action.

They now require me to send them my phone and be without a phone in order to send a replacement. As it is a business phone that was not possible. I was given a buyout option of $750. Spoke to a manager who said they would send me another phone. Didn’t happen. Was told on 3 different occasions that customer support would call the in 1-3 business days.

No calls. Spoke to another manager ‘Matt’ who told me I will not get another phone until I sent me mine in. I requested the $750 buyout. Matt informed me that my phone had depreciated $250 in 2 weeks and can only get $500. I requested my original phone back and was told no. So it cost me over $200 and now I’m stuck with a phone that’s giving me more problems than my original. Save your money or go with another option like Apple Care.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Damaged iPhone easy no hassle replacement. CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT SAURIAN IS OUTSTANDING, NEVER ANY ISSUES FAST RELIABLE SERVICE. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE! Thank you for the great service and fast service. Asurion is lucky to have such great customer service employees that go the extra mile for the customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was a little disappointed at the deductible I had to pay to get one exactly like I had. In other words getting a replacement that has since been outdated!! I would think that the replacement price would be more reasonable. I did appreciate the quick turnaround to get a phone however.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My mom's iPhone was picked up from public bathroom and taken rather than turning it in. We used the find my iPhone feature and was able to trace it to its last known location but unable to apprehend it. It was only a week old with the additional screen saver and case etc that were all lost. I paid the 200. And was able to get my mom back into her phone within a few days. I just wish the thief would have been willing to turn the phone in at the customer service desk and save us the trauma of the situation and unnecessary expense to a phone that was nothing but a paperweights got once reported. Thank You!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My replacement device was sent out quickly and was in perfect working order when I received it. So far so good. No complaints so far. If I have any other issues, I will be sure to use them again. I recommend them to anyone looking for good cell phone insurance.

Asurion Company Information