Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.68/5
Based on 4,719 ratings submitted in the last year

Asurion is a tech support and mobile protection plan company that works with leading wireless service providers like AT&T. The company offers tech support and coverage for common cell phone claims, such as loss, theft and accidental damage.

BOTTOM LINE

Asurion offers mobile replacement plans and tech support for a variety of smartphones and mobile devices. The company works with many popular wireless service providers.

PROS

• Offers extensive coverage
  • Sends replacement phones quickly
  • Low monthly cost

CONS

• Replacement is not always identical
  • Not available for everyone

Top Asurion Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Making my claim was easy and efficient. I was promised my replacement in 2 business days, in came in 1 day and was delivered on a Saturday. Fast service, thank you! I received my replacement phone in great time and in perfect condition.

Speedy delivery of the replacement phone. Included in the package were clear directions on how to set up new phone and return directions. The return internal packaging was a nice set up in order to safely return the damaged equipment.

What is Asurion?

Asurion phone insurance helps cover the cost to repair or replace a cell phone if it is lost, stolen or damaged. The company also offers technical support to assist with some of the most common cell phone malfunctions. Its representatives can help you back up your contacts and photos, and you can get in touch with a mobile expert every time you have an issue on your device.

The Asurion Protection plan also includes an extended warranty on other expensive electronics, including TVs, laptops, desktop computers, tablets and home appliances.

What does Asurion cover?

Asurion phone insurance covers some of the most common issues cell phone users have with their phones. The company’s protection plans cover cracked phone screens, physical damage, mechanical failure, loss, theft, water damage and normal wear and tear. The insurance extends to accessories that come with your phone, such as chargers and earbuds.

If your phone is damaged in any of these ways, you can file a claim on the Asurion website. If the phone cannot be repaired, Asurion can send out a replacement phone the very next business day.

To enroll your cell phone in the Asurion cell phone coverage plan, you must call or visit your wireless provider to see if your phone is eligible. You're typically only eligible within the first 30 days of activating or upgrading your phone. The type of devices that are covered depends on the wireless provider.

How to file a claim with Asurion

To file a claim:

1. Go to the Asurion website and choose your wireless provider from the list.
  2. Enter your phone number and follow the instructions to report what happened to your device
  3. You will be notified of the status of your claim and can track the claim online
  4. Asurion will send you an email with tracking information for your replacement device

If you file a claim but need to cancel, you can do it right on the website. Depending on your wireless carrier, you can file up to three claims in a year.

Asurion phone insurance attempts to send you a replacement device that is the same make and model of your old one. However, sometimes the exact same phone is not available, and the company’s representatives choose an alternative that matches the form and functionality of the lost or damaged device. Your replacement device may be new or refurbished and the color, brand, model and features could vary based on availability.

Asurion prices

The Asurion wireless phone protection plan costs $7.15 per phone per month, and there is a cap of $1,500 per claim. Asurion offers other services at different price points, including cracked screen repair that starts at $29.

You must pay a deductible before insurance kicks in and pays for a repair or replacement. The deductible is typically far less than the retail price of a new phone, which saves you money in the long run.

Asurion FAQ

Does Asurion cover cracked screens?
Yes. Simply file a claim and, once it is confirmed as eligible, you can drop your phone off at an authorized repair dealer, have an expert repair technician come to you or mail your device to Asurion. Cracked phones can typically be repaired in a matter of hours, and authorized service repairs come with a one-year limited repair warranty.
Are Asurion phones refurbished?
Some are, yes. If you qualify for a replacement phone, it will either be a new phone or a refurbished phone.
How do I track my Asurion claim?
There is an easy-to-use tracking feature on the Asurion website that helps you track the status of your claim.
Where is Asurion located?
Asurion is based in Nashville but has locations across the country.
How long does Asurion take to ship?
Most replacement phones are shipped the day after the claim is finalized.

Is Asurion worth it?

Asurion offers a layer of protection if you are prone to dropping, breaking or losing your phone. However, if you're picky about the phone that you have, it's important to remember that you may not always receive a replacement phone that is identical to your lost or damaged device. The monthly cost is relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of repairing or replacing high-end phones, which makes the service worth it for people who want to protect their devices.

Asurion Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I had a horrible experience up until I received help from Jon **. A brief summary: a phone I received from Asurion Dec 2019 began to have software malfunctions. I went to website and was guided to the claims form which I submitted and paid $199. The Asurion tech who delivered my phone and was supposed to set it up for me in fact did not do it correctly causing me to have to go into Verizon and completely reset and download my iCloud (he did not install the sim card). Then I realized the phone was under a one year warranty and should have been covered.

After a one hour and 26 min phone call, Jon ** went above and beyond to treat the situation humanly and explain my situation to his superiors. Instead of policy/procedure that would cause me to send back the new phone I received under a new claim and then receive another phone from warranty, Jon saw the logical choice and made the effort to do it: I received a refund for the $199, could keep the phone that was delivered to me and send back the original phone. It is very meaningful to have a genuine experience where a large company treats their customers as humans and actually help to resolve a problem in the least stressful way for the customer. He was knowledgeable, patient, thought outside the "box", and provided outstanding customer service.

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Went online to get a replacement phone for my wife’s phone that fell and broke the back of the phone. Automated call said this was not covered and call ended. We called back the next day and spoke to an actual person and went through the claim process and she got a new phone in the way and we paid the deductible. She was a little hard to understand but all went well and we received the phone in 2 days. We got online and tried to follow the steps to activate new phone but it was not clear and there was not a real person available to talk to.

We went to our AT&T store and the representative was very kind and got us started on activating the phone and providing exact instructions on how to restore the phone from a backup on our computer. All went well and we now have a new functioning phone. We know there are many difficulties with the coronavirus going on now, but a lack of personnel to help restore the phone during a phone call is sometimes needed for people that are not technically inclined and do not want to lose or mess up their new phone.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I had some frustrations with the website, recording my answers incorrectly. I had selected the reason for the claim was accidental physical damage to the phone and the website kept stating that the phone was covered by AT&T warranty. I requested help through chat and that agent kept insisting that I had selected phone malfunction, not physical damage. I told her 5-6 times that I hadn't, I had gone back through my answers and double checked. She told me to go back and file the claim again through their electronic procedure. I kept telling her there was some issue with the system, but she kept insisting I try again (poor customer service).

I tried again, but of course had the same problem. I returned to the chat help page and second time was a charm, the agent was very helpful and filed the claim over the phone. The very next day my son had his replacement phone, less than 24 hours later! The quick shipping of the replacement and the helpfulness of the second agent was worth 5 stars, but the couple hours lost messing with the malfunctioning electronic claim process and the refusal of the first agent to be helpful, resulted in a 4 star review.

Original review: June 7, 2020

My phone began to zoom and the print and icons on the face of the phone were so large that they were not readable. We couldn't get the zoom to disable. I took the phone to my AT&T store and they said it was broken and should be replaced, and told me how to get that started. I called the number given and talked to a lovely young lady from Arkansas who took care of ordering a new phone to replace the one I couldn't use.

She said it would come in 2 working days, and it did. When it arrived, our daughter was visiting us and said she knew how to set it up. I began looking for the old one that we had turned off two days earlier to show her what it had been doing. She swiped up on the face and was able to disable the zoom feature and the phone worked fine.

We had tried that earlier with no results. We called Asurian and reported that the phone was fixed and the nice man who answered the call said I should return the new one and get a credit and, if it happened again we would know what to do for it; also, if we couldn't fix it in the future we could call you again and get a new one. That is what we did. Our daughter had already put the sim card in the new phone and she didn't take it out since it was feared it would get lost since it wasn't attached to the card it came on. The old phone has worked properly since that time. We sent the new one back to you. All of the agents we talked to were knowledgeable, courteous and very helpful. It was a great experience. Thank you for your service.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I am 56 years old and have never written a customer review. I filed a claim with Asurion at 7PM and received a replacement phone around noon the next day. That's SERVICE. I would recommend taking your new phone to your carrier to do the transfer. I wanted to blame Asurion for my problems. Please read my story below.

I could not get my new phone to work. I followed the setup instructions and exhausted the internet, I finally contacted Asurion. I did get a customer service representative after some wait time. The representative seemed knowledgeable but could never fix the problem. I even got a call back. I was really mad Asurion. Like somehow Asurion was doing this on purpose. It could be me being trapped at home with 2 kids. Asurion did everything probable to fix my phone. Don't get mad at Asurion. They are a replace or fix service company. I could not ask for better service. I did take my phone to AT&T and they fixed the issue. That's why I suggest taking your phone to your carrier. I feel guilty for getting mad at Asurion, when they did everything possible to fix my issue.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Easy to put in claim. I received my phone new phone in 2 days. Easy instructions to set up new phone as well as a phone number to if there were any problems with setup or new phone wasn't working right. Definitely glad I have this coverage and would tell everyone to have this company if available with your carrier.

Original review: April 4, 2021

The staff was very friendly and helped guide me through the process of getting my phone replaced. My new phone arrived in two days and was up and running in no time. I would high recommend Asurion to my friends and relatives. They not only cover phones but also all electronics in your home for a very low price.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Lost my phone, called Asurion, had my new phone within 24 hours. I followed the instructions and called the number to activate and since I had the backup option, my phone was completely replaced along with all my stored numbers and email passwords. Highly recommend Asurion insurance, Verizon and biometric password for your phone. Don't be lazy with protecting your securities.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Initial steps to request replacement is easy and walks you thru it nicely. Quick next day replacement is wonderful. Steps to return broken item is also easy. I didn't need to talk to a person for help. Not sure what else to say here in order for this to be accepted. Maybe now it will, I'm about to find out.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I busted my phone needed a new one, they had my phone in stock but then I found out it was on backorder. And then I'd be notified every 48 hours. Which I could not do. So I got a different updated phone. And I actually like the new phone. But it sucks that I couldn't have the same one that I had before.

Asurion Company Information