It's that easy Request Information
4.32/5
Based on 5,061 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

16133 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I filed an Asurion claim for my T-Mobile phone on October 16, 2018. I was charged for the deductible. My current phone was no longer available so I was given another model option. I did not receive the phone the following day. I called the Asurion and spoke to a representative. She told me that the phone was on back order. I explained that I would be happy with another phone that was not on back order. She told me that I could not change what was in the system. She said she would send an email to the warehouse to expedite the shipment. It is now six days since I have not received my replacement phone. I called back today and I spoke with an Asurion representative, operator **. He informed me that I would need to contact me phone carrier as they do not have information about shipping. I am getting the total runaround with Asurion.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We were told by AT&T that this insurance would cover a screen repair. When replacing a cracked screen protector for the phone it was dropped and the screen cracked. The phone still works. Filed a claim for a screen repair on the phone that is 10 months old, they said they do not offer that in our area. So I gave them the zip code where our college age son has the phone. They said not in that area. I also gave them 2 other states in which our daughter is in college and one that is 30 minutes from us. No screen repair. They just offered to send a refurbished phone and would not tell me any place that offers a screen repair. This really seems like they just want the nice new phones so they can just replace with refurbished instead of replacing or repairing a cracked screen. Terrible customer service. Spent a total of 2 hours and 49 minutes over 2 days to be told they cannot tell me where any screen repair options are. Just not covered in "my area".

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Bought a laptop with an Asurion Coverage. The laptop was dropped and Asurion sent me a refurbished, nonworking unit in its place, they refused any help, refused to assist me. Never do business with them!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I purchased a GE refrigerator from Home Depot 3 yrs. ago and purchased the Protection Plan for 5 yrs. The refrigerator stopped defrosting making the temperature of the fridge rise. On October 12, 2018, I called Home Depot Protection Plan to report/make a claim. They contracted out to Active Appliances in Van Nuys, CA. First of all, Active Appliances did not come out on their scheduled time of 8 a.m. to 12 noon. I had to call Home Depot/Asurion to complain. They arrived an hour later to say they would need to order some parts. That was October 13, 2018, and today is October 22, 2018, and still nothing. My food spoiled (cost $48) and eating out 3 times a day has cost me ($200) more than if I would have called for a company to come out to fix it within a few days.

Asurion keeps insisting they cannot do anything, since Active Appliances is the contracted company doing the job. Active Appliances has a 1 star out of 5 on Yelp with 841 customers complaining about them. Why does Asurion contract out with a company that doesn’t get average reviews? I will be going on 11 days of having no refrigerator. I have called to complain to a manager from the Asurion plan and hope they can expedite this work order. I Do Not Recommend the Home Depot Protection Plan for a refrigerator. You would be better off paying someone else and getting the job done with a few days, not weeks!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We received the phone timely. The technician assisted that assisted me with set up was friendly, experienced and very professional. The instructions were clear and concise. We would recommend to a friend. Very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I sent a 32 inch LG tv to them because it had lines on the screen messing up the picture. I received the tv back shattered and busted! There was zero physical damage to the tv when I sent it. They are saying it was received like that but I sent them pictures of the tv when I sent it and there was NO DAMAGE! IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE’S FIST WENT THRU IT... I’m beyond angry. This was my daughter’s tv. Try telling a 9 year old that the tv you sent to get fixed is now broken!!!

Asurion response

Hi Rebecca, rest assured we are happy to help in any way that we can. Usually, if the device has been damaged upon receipt, we would be unable to file a claim or repair it under the warranty. I am happy to dig deeper into this matter for you. Please provide your name, telephone number, claim/service number, retailer and best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com . Look forward to speaking with you soon. – Tasha

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

The service was fast and easy! I was back up and running in a couple days! The online platform was easy to use! When I was asked to upload documents it was easy to do and processed quickly. I would definitely recommend Asurion to others. Other companies I’ve worked with in the past made it a hassle to get my replacement phone and it took days for my device to arrive.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Winston ** at the Laurinburg cellar store was the best... He also recommended screen protectors for my eye pads and ordered them and called me when they came and also cleaned both my eye pads and put the protectors on!!! I highly recommend Mr. ** for all my cellar devices!!! He took a lot of time helping me get my Cellular device replaced.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Courteous & professional representatives through the entire process AND cost saving tips. Job well done!!! Corey was the final rep that suggested if I transferred SIM card, there would be no activation fee. The return time was increased from ten to fifteen days, which provides for customer ease during the set up process.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Very professional and understood my situation. Took care of my needs without a hassle. Had my new tablet within 48 hours. Unfortunately, they did not have my stolen model, so I had to go with a smaller one, so that was a hard pill to swallow. All in all, pleased with the service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I like how efficient Asurion is. It has been very useful for my daughter, who seems to always need the service of Asurion. Asurion makes the return process very easy as well. Their service make paying the monthly payment well worthwhile. As long as I am paying for my daughter’s phone, I will always have Asurion.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought the protection plan to cover a pair of goggles for my husband and when it was time to make a claim it was pretty easy. However, that didn't mean anything. I had to call them multiple times in order for them to even process my claim and after being told that they were mailing out my claim in July I found out in August that they did not because "I didn't submit all of the required paperwork". After calling them and complaining they managed to find that paperwork in the same email that they said didn't have it.

After being reassured that the problem was fixed and I will be getting a reimbursement I waiting patiently only to have to call again in Oct and was directed to a supervisor only to hear that they weren't sure what the problem was and because of my mailing address it can take up to 2 full months. The time period that they gave is not a correct one and when I pointed that out the person on the phone did not want to hear that. Honestly, if I knew that this was going to be so much of a hassle I would not have purchased the plan in the first place, the money that I will *eventually* get back is not worth the stress and headache of dealing with this company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Fast and easy. So glad I had insurance or this would have cost an arm and a leg to replace. Well done Asurion! Hope I never have to use it again, but if I do I know I don’t have to worry. Totally worth the monthly cost. It only took a few minutes to file my claim and then bam, it showed up the next day.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Tablet activated... with all info from previous tablet saved. Thanks for your assistance. Rep. walked us through process of ejecting SIM card so we could activate new tablet because we didn’t have the old one here nor did we have the packaging for the new one close at hand. Big help by rep.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I filed a claim for a phone and didn't realize it had the wrong color. When I received the phone I realized it wasn't right and contacted chat support, they told me the color I wanted wasn't even sold by MY carrier, are you serious? When it's currently for sale on said carrier's website. Chat told me to call support, which I did. I told them I made the mistake and didn't notice it wasn't the right color, the rep said they would do the exchange but can't guarantee I'll get the color I want, then why give people a choice at all? I'm beyond frustrated with this entire experience with this claim.

Asurion response

Hi Stephen, rest assured we hear your concerns and are happy to assist. Our goal is to get you reconnected quickly! While we strive to replace with a like for like device, if that model is unavailable we'll offer to send a comparable model. Since the color of the device does not affect its functionality, we will send the next available color if your first choice is not available. Your device does come with a limited 1 year warranty in the case there is a malfunction or defect. Please contact us at consumeraffairs@asurion.com with your name, telephone number, carrier, claim number and best contact information if you have any other questions or concerns about your device. - Tasha

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My experience with Asurion was excellent, their response to my issue with my phone was excellent. Also their representative was knowledgeable and made working with them easy! All information given was easy to comprehend and all paperwork mailing returned phone was easy and not complicated. I am pleased with my experience with Asurion and will continue use their service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

To say I am utterly frustrated would be an understatement. I called Asurion in early August about my phone malfunctioning. I spoke with a pleasant lady that seemed to be having difficulty with the system and trouble spelling my name. I told her countless times my email so she could send me the claim information, just to verify that everything was correct. A week later, I received no email and a phone for 16g instead of 64g, which is what my current iPhone. I called again. They told me to send it back and they would send me the correct phone. They also told me that I should call AT&T and make sure that my information is correct in their system. I called and AT&T essentially said that everything is correct and Asurion basically lied to me. I waited another few weeks and never received the correct phone. I also was billed on my account even though I returned the phone the day after I received it.

In the end of the day, I should not have been billed for their error. After another week passed I called again. I spoke with a manager and he said I would need to wait till the refund was processed (1-2 billing cycles) then file a new claim, so I am not charged extra fees. All for something that was never my fault to begin with. It is now October, I have not received a phone. I called another time yesterday, and the representative confirmed that a refund process was never started and he began one last night. Now I should wait another 1-2 billing cycles. All in all, this has been the absolute worst customer experience I have ever had. If I ever receive my phone, I will make sure I am insured with Apple, as I believe this never would have been acceptable with their company. I am upset, phoneless, and do not feel valued as a customer with Asurion. I am on a family plan and my entire family is appalled by this situation.

Asurion response

Hi Lola, I can understand how this matter may be frustrating. Rest assured, you are a valued customer and we are happy to help as this is not a typical experience. I would like to dig a little deeper in this matter in order to help and to check the progress of your claim and your device. If you can provide your name, telephone number, claim number, and best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com, I would be happy to look over your account. Look forward to speaking with you soon. – Tasha

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Very fast shipping. Received my replacement phone right away. Clear instructions in the box make it very easy to activate and reminded me to back up my previous device. Easy return process to ensure I returned my phone on time. Thank you very much for making it a very easy process.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased 2 new iPhone 6s roughly a year ago for $200 a piece. And when I purchased them I was asked if I want to add insurance on them. I initially said no but was told that if I add it, and at any point need a new phone I’d pay a $100 deductible and I’d get a new phone. I cracked the screen on my phone and attempted to file a claim. During this process I was hung up on 3 times by 3 separate CSR’s. The 4th person I spoke with then informed me that there would be a $250 deductible for a pre owned phone. Tell me why, with insurance, I would pay more than I did buying the phone brand new? I immediately dropped the insurance and will just go to a phone repair shop and pay $60 to get the screen fixed. I’m just glad the phone didn’t completely break.

Asurion response

Hi Dave, We’re here to help every step of the way. It’s our mission to get you reconnected as quickly as possible and for less than the retail cost of a replacement phone. We are also similar to other types of insurance as there is a deductible in addition to monthly premiums. Many find that they save with the deductible. Considering the retail cost of a replacement device can be up to $900. We strive to get you back in business as fast as possible, which means we do use both new and certified-like-new devices in order to provide this service. We do appreciate your feedback and if you ever need any other assistance or have other questions, please contact us at consumeraffairs@asurion.com. – Tasha

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

A piece of the headphones came off inside the tablet so we could no longer use the headphones with the tablet. The tablet was replaced by Asurion with no questions ask. This made my grandson very happy because he not only plays games he does educational training on it as well. He likes wearing the headphones with his tablet. That way he does not disturb anyone.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Easy process of submitting claim and received replacement phone very quickly. My daughter was very happy getting her replacement phone as she needs it in college to check on her assignments and schedule. As well as us, her parents, to stay in touch with her.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Very happy. Replacement phone came within 24hrs and but had to be activated by calling Verizon. Asurion customer service couldn't help me activate phone because they didnt have the correct password on file or something. Also sat on hold for over 20 mins on Asurion and then 20 mins on Verizon. Got disconnected twice. However overall I am very happy with Asurion and Verizon. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The whole process took one day to complete, as promised. Every aspect of the transaction was commendable and we will highly recommend them to others. A new device arrived the next day along with packaging to return the defective device that fit perfectly in any standard post office box. From start to finish, the replacement seamlessly.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Customer service was very helpful with explaining the instructions on how to set up the old phone to turn it off. They were very helpful with replacing the old phone with the new phone. Received the new phone right away. Simple instructions to return it. The service was excellent. No problems. New phone works perfectly. No issues. Return the old phone with no issues. Highly recommend having this service when getting a new phone.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

When I called in a claim for my damaged phone the response and replacement time was impressive. I received my new replacement phone within 24 hours. The person handling my claim was very polite and understanding. Gave me specific instructions that I could understand and follow. I want to say thank you.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had the worse experience ever trying to make a claim. So, if you do not have access to a computer, printer, scanner, or fax machine forget about making a claim because you need to print, scan or fax an affidavit. "NOT EVERYBODY" has access to all of these. Also, I do not think it is fair to pay for a phone insurance for years and not be able to get a replacement as soon as you need it. I was suggested to ask a neighbor, coworker, or find a place to print out the affidavit to mail it/email it/fax over since I do not have access to a printer/scanner/fax machine at the moment. I understand it is for "security" purpose, but there should be a better way to do this. I am very upset/aggravated! So, no phone until I can access to a computer/printer/scanner/fax machine. I can't believe it.

Asurion response

Hi Nleve, we understand the frustrations and truly appreciate your patience. We know paperwork is not always the most enjoyable thing to do, but our affidavit process is put into place for your protection. We try to ask for information during this process that normally only the authorized account holder would know. This helps prevent fraudulent claims against your account and helps keep premiums from rising. If you have access to a working smart phone, you are able to take a picture of the filled out form and upload it to phoneclaim.com. We value you as our customer and want to get you reconnected as quickly as possible. Please contact us at consumeraffairs@asurion.com with your name, telephone number, claim number, carrier and best contact information, we are happy to help. – Tasha

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This was such an easy process! My son, at college 3 hours away with no form of transportation, broke his phone on a Sunday morning. I made one phone call to Asurion and he had a brand new phone in his hand on Tuesday. I’m so grateful for this service!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I took my phone into Verizon and told them what my phone was doing cause it got wet from rain downpour and they sent a claim into Asurion and I had a new phone the next day. When I received my phone there was an envelope for me to send my broke phone back in and I had no problem with my new phone getting all my information back into my new phone.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I have never written a review. However I am beyond frustrated. It has now been 7 days since I started the process of getting a replacement phone. I lost my phone (first time I have ever lost a phone) and after an extensive search it couldn't be found. This is my work phone and I rely heavily on it to communicate with clients/customers since I am on the road a lot. I went to the local AT&T store and was told I have multi device coverage and I needed to file a claim. I started by calling Asurion but could not get through because they did not recognize my passcode.

I was directed back to AT&T only to be told my passcode was correct and that Asurion was having problems with passcodes and I should try to file the claim online. When I tried to file online I got the same result (did not recognize my passcode). This went on for some time until an AT&T representative was finally able to get a manager to do a work around and get an Asurion representative on the phone. I was told to submit the affidavit and I should receive my new phone within 24 business hours. After 2 hours working with a representative at the AT&T store I was finally able to get the affidavit submitted on Saturday. It is now Thursday and not only do I still not have a phone, I keep getting different answers about when I might get it.

Asurion response

Hi Rhonda, rest assured we are here and happy to help the best way we can. Typically, the passcode for Asurion and the ATT website are different. The Asurion passcode is a 6-8, all numeric code. Once it has been reset, it can up to 60 minutes for it to update in our system. We know paperwork is not always the most enjoyable thing to do, but our affidavit process is put into place for your protection. Once the affidavit is submitted, it can take 24-48 hours in order to process the form. Once the form is approved, you will be able to sign back in to phoneclaim.com and complete the next part of your claim in order to have the device shipped and be delivered within 1-2 business days. Unfortunately, the device is not shipped automatically after the form is submitted or approved. I am happy to check on the progress of your claim for you. If you can provide your name, telephone number, claim number, and your best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com. – Tasha

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This transaction was very easy and pleasant. When I called in for help, they did not hesitate to do so. I received my replacement in a timely manner, and it is great. I called in for help and they was willing to lend a helping hand. I would surely recommend to all of my friends and family.

Asurion Company Information