It's that easy Request Information
4.35/5
Based on 5,837 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

15871 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Replacement process was pretty simple. Just needed to locate what our existing phone could be replaced with and then chose the appropriate one. Phone arrived within a day. Only problem was the old SIM card didn’t work in the new phone. Other then that, we are happy with the process.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Fast easy and helpful in the start-up of new device. Thanks so much!!! New phone did arrive the next day as promised along with packaging to return the old phone just by leaving it in my mailbox for pickup. Rarely do things go so seamlessly when dealing with replacement of anything through an insurance carrier.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Amazing service and fast! My husband's broken phone was replaced quickly and accurately! Got new phone in less than 24 hours, so he did not have to go without a phone! Thank you Asurion for your excellent customer service and the speedy recovery!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

After purchasing a phone through the At&t insurance through ASURION, they were not able to activate it. After an hour on the phone they said: "you should go to an AT&T store and they will help you". Unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Agents were great, courteous and knowledgeable, unfortunately the new phone lasted 1 week and died, wouldn't turn on, lost all the apps, all the hassle to switch everything. Big bummer. Asurion made it good with another phone, but what a pain to recover everything. Agents not at fault, maybe repair shop needs to do more thorough checking of phones.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The paperwork was easy to fill out, very straightforward questions. And the response from Asurion was very quick & positive. The phone was replaced without question... a great experience! Would recommend using Asurion for mobile phone insurance to friends & family. Thanks to Verizon for suggesting.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Your replacement service was seamless, with minimal delays. It was promptly handled, without any hassles, and at minimal cost to us. I've used your service once before, several years ago and I was satisfied back then, and it was the same high quality standards applied this time around, too. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Quick and painless. Service was good, still think the replacement cost should be much lower but it is what it is. Broke screens should be like $30 and replacement phones should only be like $75, but then again there wouldn't be as much money in that would there. Just my opinion, but the replacement process is very streamlined.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I think once we got the ball rolling it went well, but far as a senior scanning and sending ID’s and all went horrible. I had to ask for help from an In-store Verizon Agent, I could not have completed the difficult process without him due to my failing health and age.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The People were very professional and caring. A new phone was immediately received which was great. The explanation on how to disconnect how was find my phone was helpful and very informative. The followups were very good. On a whole Asurion was terrific and I would definitely recommend them to people. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My experience was really good with the first person. Seem like a nice and very polite, treated me with respect and was very fast and quick with my questions and second person wasn’t so helpful and told me that they will call me back and didn’t so I called and third person was friendly and solved my issue.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Was a little frustrated when the replacement phone wasn't functioning correctly so I got a second replacement. By then the original phone had been shipped back so I did miss transferring some things. But replacing the phone was seamless. I got no arguments about it. They were very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The Asurion claims processing system is highly automated and seems to be designed for the least possible contact with their clients, which isn't the best for customer relations when things go awry. Both their online chat representatives and phone representatives are very scripted and have no real ability to go beyond that script. (They all sound very nice and professional however.)

I have also found the Asurion Online claim system to be glitchy. (1) My provider (VERIZON) provided a online contact information linking to Asurion. It is better to go directly to the Asurion site and skip the information Verizon gives you as the systems don't seem to fully communicate. (2) Although I followed all of Asurion's online prompts, I was not provided a claim number and had to spend my time calling to get it. (3) The center for Asurion is in Tennessee which can create processing problems for individuals paying with an out of state bank card. It is possible for their online system to lead you to believe that these payments were accepted, when in fact they were not.

The problem is that Asurion has not the tools in place to reach back out to those who have filed a claim that was left incomplete as described above. It would be beneficial for them to build into their automated process an automated email for incomplete claims to notify their customers that things were incomplete. :) Since this error is possible, perhaps it is best to pay with a credit card or check. (4) In speaking with their representatives, they could not explain why I was given an arrival date (Thursday, 09.20.2018) for my device in the online tracking system when on their end my bank had rejected the transaction. Beware that the system is glitchy and can give misinformation.

Regarding the call system, I was once kicked out of the system and once hung up on (The line was quiet and I waited for a human but didn't get one). To me, Asurion has systemic problems that can be improved on. I would not recommend Asurion for older clients who are accustomed to better customer service and may not have the same online skills as younger generations.

Asurion needs to develop better customer service relations. I would have given them 1 star but gave them 2 because their reps were nice... although very used to giving the scripted apologies. I dare say that their advertised phone 1-2 days later is not fully true. My claim was filed Monday, it is now Friday. They would say that the problems was with the payment. I would say that the problem is poor communication from their company; I can handle delays, but greatly dislike bad communication. As it stands, my phone should arrive Monday. Despite all of the "Inconvenience" they apologize for, they were unable even to assure me that I could get my phone Saturday.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Could not have been better. The Verizon employee was so nice and so helpful. I got a new and better iPad for $200. He was trying to help other phones in our house to switch to Verizon. We would have but one phone was not comparable. Very impressed. Such good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

So this is my second time using Asurion, and the first time I used it I had no problems at all! I filed my claim paid my deductible and received my Phone the next day. So I was pretty happy about the service. Unfortunately this time had been a hassle. So I filed a claim and got to pay for my deductible on 09/14, I got a confirmation email that same day stating that my claim was complete and that they would notify me when it was out for shipment. It being a weekend I was aware that most likely it wouldn't be shipped out until the following week. So I called to confirm on Monday 09/17 and the gentlemen that I spoke with informed me that it was out for shipment that day and it would arrive on Tuesday through FedEx or UPS.

I waited on Tuesday and around 3 pm I decided to call back and to verify, this time I spoke with a female name Andy and she right off the bat told me that there was a phone available and started telling me the features of the phone when I stopped her and told her that I was notified that my claim was already complete and I had already paid the deductible. And then she seem to be confused, and put me on hold, then she began to tell me that there was a system update and that she needed to connect me with customer solutions. While I was on hold she hung up on me. I called back and was connected with Christine and she got me connected With Britney from customer solutions, when I spoke with Britney and informed her what was going on she then informed me that again there was a system update that she would need to send in a ticket and that it would be resolved within 2-3 business days and to call back to get an update.

So I called yesterday and I was informed that it wasn't resolved yet and the lady that I spoke to told me that it now could take longer than 2-3 business and that she cannot give me a timeframe. She gave me other choices like to go and purchase a phone from Sprint and they will reimburse me ONLY 10% and that I would not be able to get my deductible back. I told her that I would call back Friday which is today to see if it hopefully got resolved. I just want the phone that I pay insurance on and that I already paid the deductible for. I honestly don't really understand what a system update is and why can't they just send me my phone.

I am really not satisfied with this and I hate to complain but I just feel like they are giving me the runaround and I really don't know why. I hope and I hope I get my phone soon, everyone and anyone knows how it is to not have a phone especially when I need it for work and when I have 4 kids to keep in contact with. Again I am just going to cross my fingers and really hope that I get it soon. I don't want to escalate this problem... :(

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was paying insurance from last 10 months when I lost my phone. When I called Asurion they said, "Call your service provider. We no more provide insurance for lost or stolen devices." I was like wow. The reason why I got insurance was for lost #. Will never get insurance from Asurion.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I received fast response from Asurion. I received a replacement phone the very next day. Your people were helpful and polite when talking on the phone. Phone works well. What more do I have to say. I would use your service again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Excellent service, could not be more happier and pleased with my replacement phone. I am definitely glad my phones have insurance with Asurion. Transactions are fast and shipping is awesome. I received my device the following day with replacement SIM card. I totally recommend this company. It is reliable and they have excellent customer service to attend as needed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

It is worth taking the Asurion Insurance. Customer Service agent very helpful, I can’t remember the agent name but the agent took care of me. Agent was very patience & was very concern about my defective phone. The agent explained what I needed to do when I got my new phone & what I needed to do for the return of the defective phone. I got my replacement in a couple days. Keep up the good job Asurion!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

The service was excellent. Very courteous, friendly, and professional. The time spent was reasonable. The explanation of products, what was available, and length of time to receive new item was explained. I was very pleased with the entire timeframe from the beginning to the end. Service performed in a timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I had a terrific experience with Asurion. They gave detailed instructions on acting on my claim. Couldn't ask for a better representative to work with. As a result I got the phone repaired and a replacement one within about two days. I will continue to purchase insurance from Asurion on all of my phones.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Everything went smooth. Reps at Verizon completed upload of all info that was on old phone. Contacts, apps and pictures all came thru perfectly. Received new phone in no time at all. I have always had excellent service from Asurion. Having the insurance is money well spent. I appreciate how this was handled.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Worth every dime. I receive my replacement phone the next day. Great service! I really didn't think that it would be delivered so quick. Again this insurance is a must have for anyone with Verizon. I reported my damage phone in Thursday and Friday I had a new one. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

No convenient places to go for repairing a cracked screen (nearest 1 hour away). Set up an appointment for a tech to come to my office, the earliest appointment available was several days out, and I was informed 30 minutes before they were supposed to arrive that they would not be coming. When I called in to set another appointment, they gave me one 5 days out but even with so much lead time (I filed my claim 4 days ago, so over a week), they will not guarantee that they will be able to get the part to the tech for that appointment either. I am having to reschedule work meetings for their convenience and I have no idea when they will actually be able to do the repair.

Asurion response

Hi D, we’re here to help every step of the way and understand your frustrations. Unfortunately, screen repair options are not guaranteed to always be available. It is based on inventory of parts as well as the availability of servicers. It also depends on the type of device you have. I am happy to look over your account to check on your available options for this claim. Please send your name, telephone number, claim number, zip code, carrier and contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com and I am happy to check on this for you. Thanks again – Tasha

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

What a ripoff!!! I am a law enforcement officer in Texas. I had an AT&T phone and had the Asurion insurance on it. I had 5 months left to pay on the phone when my phone was STOLEN when I was on vacation. I contacted Asurion to file a claim and wasn't given a claim number. I then went and obtained a new account (so nobody could use my phone to charge onto my account) and waited for my new device in the mail (after submitting my stolen affidavit and ID to them). After two weeks, I tried to get my new phone and they told me it was denied because I had closed my account before they were finished and therefore my claim was denied!! So, I try to protect myself, my credit and my account and they took 4 years worth of my insurance money and simply "deny" my claim. This is LEGAL THEFT!!! I WILL NEVER USE INSURANCE AGAIN IF IT IS FROM ASURION and recommend nobody else does either!!

Asurion response

Hi Charles, I do completely understand how this may be frustrating and I am here to help. Account security is a top priority for us. Unfortunately, in order for us to process a claim, the account would need to still be open. Usually in this situation, contacting your carrier to suspend the device would still leave the account open and allow us to complete your claim. I would like to take a deeper look into your account. Please send your name, telephone number, claim number, and contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com . Look forward to speaking with you soon. – Tasha

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The website is half broken half working. "Guaranteed 1-2 day delivery for phone replacements." 2 days after filing a claim that was approved the same day, I am without a tracking number, it still hasn't left any facility. Their customer support staff will hang up on you and transfer your call without notice or reason. They do not uphold their side of the contract and are completely incompetent. 3 hours and 5 calls and still unable to reach a manager because of representatives and supervisors. At this point, I wonder if they even have management. Or if they do have a manager with half a brain, why they think their customers would tolerate the treatment? This is by far the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered.

Asurion response

Hi Jeremy, rest assured I hear your concerns and I am happy to assist. Typically, we do advise 1-2 business days for shipping of a replacement device. However, due to the popularity of certain devices and the current supply constraints, new inventory is currently unavailable. As we do not manufacture the devices, we are subject to the same supply constraints as retailers. Please know that we are processing shipments as quickly as possible, as inventory becomes available. We'd be happy to take a deeper look into it and speak with you further about this. Please send your name, telephone number, carrier, claim number and contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com . We appreciate your patience while we work to get you reconnected.- Tasha

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Asurion made sure my products were replaced quickly. They also made sure they were up and running properly. One device that was sent as a replacement didn't work properly, Asurion sent another the very next day! Received scheduled tech calls at the time I had requested! The return process was simple, as they had envelopes and labels packaged for a quick return.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My son sent his phone in for a replacement 3 months ago, and still has not received one. He has been given the run-around and the representative would not let him speak to a supervisor. He has called several times, each time with promises of receiving a replacement phone. The last time he called, he was told that they would send him a refund check, and to expect it in about 2 weeks. That was a month ago! This has been a terrible experience with this company.

Asurion response

Hi Donna. Our mission is to get you reconnected again. This is not a typical experience and we appreciate your patience. I am happy to check on the status of your claim. Please send your name, telephone number, claim number, carrier and your best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com and I will be happy to check on the status this claim. Thanks Tasha

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Such an easy experience replacing my phone. I was just about paid off on my Galaxy S7 Edge and I was worried about having to use an upgrade for a new phone. I called into Asurion and they were able to give me an S8 Edge (S7 weren't available) for the same deductible. Very thankful I went through Asurion and will continue to do so in the future!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Asurion sent a replacement right away for my son's phone. They provided such a great service and his new phone works great and was easy to transfer all his apps to the new phone. Thanks for all your help!

Asurion Company Information