Asurion

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was more than pleased with how easy it was to put in my information and receive my new phone! I didn't even have to send it in first; I got my new phone then sent in the old one with about 3 days in between! Thanks Asurion for providing the service you promised!

Took my phone to Verizon store at Union Square NYC. Salesperson helped me get in touch with rep from Asurion at which point that person walked me through steps to receive new phone and instructions on returning old phone... Smooth, efficient, easy.

Rude customer support and in 2017 it's so stupid you would have to print/fax anything. Process was way too inconvenient. With the price of insurance per month plus deductible, it's not much cheaper than getting a new phone. The UI on the website is also pretty terrible.

The first replacement phone was only operable for 1/2 day, when began to turn itself off on an frequent basis, including after being rebooted. The second replacement phone worked well. When needing to activate a disabled phone, Apple found that the disablement resulted from repeated attempts log in with my password, while the phone itself was recognizing a password from a prior owner of the phone.

I cracked my screen and received a replacement the next day. It was easy to transfer data and get the new one up and running. I found the process easy to do online and quick. I would recommend having the insurance. Again the process was very straightforward.

After my son cracked the screen on his Motorola Z phone, we were put on a backorder list. When the phone became available no one called to say it was available. I just happened to call and check in and found it was. Then the replacement phone had screen problems and would not turn on, we called and was offered another replacement. The second replacement phone has the same issue. We went three replacements in a week. Finally the third phone is performing adequately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

I was very pleased that the phone was delivered the next day. Prompt Service. I received the replacement phone the next day without delay. Everyone was knowledgeable and very professional. The only concern I had was that I had to pay $149 to replace the lost phone.

Our son's tablet was lost/stolen, I reported this to Verizon, they connected need to Asurion. They were very kind and professional, my son had a new tablet in his hands within 24 hours! Thank you Asurion! We have all our devices insured through them, every time I've had to file a claim I have had the same professionalism as I did with my son's tablet.

Replacement process was easy/phone arrived quickly. 3 weeks later the Asurion phone froze, took it to a Verizon store 2x in same day. They sent us to Apple Store. Apple replaced the phone. Very frustrating and 2nd time this has happened!

It was so quick I almost thought I didn't do something correctly. Even when I called, since I still require a human touch, you were kind and helpful. Thanks! The boy sure can go through phones and you have helped us every time - even when he forgot to put it in the mail the time before. You warned me and we discovered the problem - the boy!!!

The replacement smartphone, Galaxy S4, was problematic and not equal in performance as the phone I lost. It has issues with charging when using a car charger. It was draining the battery and overheating. I spent a considerable amount of time with Verizon tech support dealing with this issue. The phone now charges properly but still tends to get hot. It also has other glitches. One day, it was not able to make a wireless connection, so I was not able to receive or make calls or data. Again, a session with tech support managed to make it fully operational again. The phone that I lost never gave me any of these problems. Given the $99 replacement fee that I was charged, I feel that I should have been given a phone that is free of technical issues.

I placed an order for my phone on Saturday and received it on Sunday. The process was extremely easy and I was very impressed with how quickly I received my phone. The phone started off performing fine and then I noticed small issues with the responsiveness. A few weeks after receiving my phone, it completely blacked out while I was checking text messages and would not respond. I know I take a risk with receiving refurbished phones, but I wouldn't expect to receive a defective phone since the phone I have hasn't been on the market very long. Very disappointed and inconvenienced.

I placed a claim for my phone which had a damaged screen. The replacement arrived quickly, but soon began turning itself off at random times. Within two months, the battery has stopped holding a charge, draining from 100% to 60% in about one hour, and usually turning itself off around the 60% mark due to insufficient charge.

We got a new phone versus a refurbished the 2nd time around. The first phone only lasted a month. That was really aggravating. Asurion was fast and easy to deal with so that makes the task of getting a phone not so bad.

Asurion provided quick and first rate in replacing my granddaughter's stolen iPhone. I have used their service quite a few times particularly when the kids were younger. All the cell phones in my family are insured by them and I have always had a good experience.

Outstanding service provided with the claim process and phenomenal turnaround time from initiation of replacement claim to receipt of the replacement device. I would highly recommend that anyone that has an opportunity to purchase one of their mobile protection plans do so.

The process of making a claim, receiving new equipment, and returning damaged equipment was very smooth. I was a bit unsure of the device set-up upon receipt of the new equipment. When the Asurion representative was asked for more detail it was recommended that I seek assistance from an in store rep regarding my device. I feel that with a little more guidance from the Asurion rep, I would have understood the set-up process more clearly. Overall, my experience was positive.

The device does not work. The speaker does not work. The device rebooted by itself and technical support did not help. They hung up. No return call. Very dissatisfied. I cannot recommend this service. It is a bad replacement plan.

The first phone did not work. I have had trouble with other replacement phones not performing as Good as the original. Asurion did step up and reimbursed me in full to purchase a new phone. My son was without a phone for almost a week before we got this resolved. Then I had to call to get my refund even though I had followed your instructions.

Phone had broken and was not working. After paying the deductible, we were able to replace phone quickly. The customer service was prompt in answering all of our questions and taking care of any needs that we had. We appreciate their help in this matter.

Asurion has always been prompt and courteous in their service and I have always felt confident with their coverage. I've had all of my devices covered with them for years! I recommend their service to any customer who wants to protect their devices.

Asurion representative was professional & efficient on the phone. She processed the issue & a replacement phone was shipped by the next day. She also was patient & thorough as she walked me through the process of returning the broken phone & disconnecting the "find my iPhone". Thank you!

I was very happy that the replacement phone came so quickly. I was told that the deductible would get me a new phone and was a little disappointed when I received a refurbished phone. I was told by Verizon Customer Service that if it was a refurbished phone it would be free.

Tech showed up to fix my son's screen and was terrific. He was done in about 45 minutes, gave us warranty info & headed out. Next day, son's phone had continuous lights glowing on the screen. Called the # the tech gave us & they replaced his phone!!

I had a great experience with Asurion. I reported my phone lost and received a new phone the following day. The phone has done well and I received it in great condition. So far no problems with my replacement phone.

At first, I was denied a claim. After contacting Verizon they put me in contact with Asurion. Once in contact with a representative, she cleared the issue and was very assuring to me that my phone was going to be replaced.

Thank you so much for all of your help. The representative was extremely kind and helpful. My issue was resolved quickly and I received my new phone within 48 hours. I will be recommending Asurion to all of my friends.

I had a broken screen and they were able to ship me a replacement from one day to the next. Had two bad phones shipped but they took care of me both times at no extra charge. Happy that they offered to upgrade me to a newer device.

I was shocked to how easy was to get a replacement phone. It only took a few minutes filling out a form online, I found the questions to be straightforward. I was shocked to receive my phone within 24 hrs. I am so relieved that we paid for this service. Definitely worth the extra money each month. Very pleased!

I had to replace a damaged phone. The customer service representative was very friendly and helpful. The whole call lasted less than 10 minutes. I had my replacement device the next day and the performance of it has been satisfactory. I would recommend Asurion to others.

Phone belonged to my son who lives in China. He was pick-pocketed in China. I'd gotten him insurance for his phone. We thought the process was a little involved and difficult to do online. Kind of thought difficult enough to make us give up, frankly. But we followed all the steps and Asurion surprised us and honored the claim quickly and simply. Impressed!

Asurion Company Profile