Asurion

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was more than pleased with how easy it was to put in my information and receive my new phone! I didn't even have to send it in first; I got my new phone then sent in the old one with about 3 days in between! Thanks Asurion for providing the service you promised!

The phone I received was very clearly a refurbished phone, which I totally understand and would be okay with. However, my phone starts to die at anywhere from 56-37% and it's unpredictable and unreliable. I wasn't happy with my replacement.

The service itself was excellent. I did it all online and had a new phone about 36 hours later. Very pleased with that. However, this replacement phone does not hold a charge for very long. Very unhappy with that. I will be contacting Verizon to see what can be done about getting yet another phone that will hold a charge for longer than a few hours.

Found the process difficult. Made at least fifteen calls before I was able to get my phone and get it working because the coordination between Apple and Asurion was poor. The majority of people I spoke to were pleasant and helpful. I hope I never have to go through your process again.

I will be dropping this coverage very soon. For the price I pay per month plus the deductible, I could have bought a brand new phone not someone else's refurbished junk. The 1st phone I received died within 24 hours. The 2nd one I received is ok but still a used phone. The customer service was good but for the price, this plan is not worth it.

Headphone jack does not work. I did nothing and have an OtterBox. It has not worked since I first used phone. It only works if you tilt the phone and hold the wire. Everything else was fine, but I was expecting a phone that worked completely. It would be wonderful if this could be fixed. Since, we pay for your services every month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

I did not receive a earphone adapter after talking to the assurance rep. I've call on two occasions. I'm a respected customers and pay my bill on time. I feel I'm not getting just service as a Verizon customer.

I would have preferred to make the claim by phone but my call was disconnected several times. I tried to complete the forms online but was disconnected twice and found the instructions about the affidavit very difficult to follow. When I thought I had completed the forms I submitted it. It was several days before I found out that the affidavit I had submitted was not acceptable. It was difficult to find the affidavit form and to completed in the format you needed.

The service was good. The phone that I was sent is having issues. It freezes up on the lock screen. Won't open just a black screen. Have to reset the whole phone In order to get back access. My old phone never had this problem before it was damaged.

There is not a direct number for me to speak directly to someone. I had to call 1 million numbers just to get a person. Secondly nobody could walk me through how to deactivate my phone from iCloud. To this day I don't know if it has been resolved. No one has notified me so I am not happy with that at all. Communication is very poor.

The phone you guys sent me is as bad as the one I returned and I called and was told I need to call from another phone to test it. I straight up told the lady the phone was froze up. I'm regretting paying the insurance for another phone. Never been so disappointed. $200 and I can barely use my phone a 1/4 of the time.

I received a broken phone. Within weeks the glue is coming off and causing the phone to lose charge. I've been trying to get help from your company and Verizon and received no help. I don't feel I should have to pay another 150 for a phone I did not damage.

Insurance is there to help when you have a problem with the item that you're insuring. I was having technical issues with my phone. Even a Verizon technician said my phone was defective (battery & brightness issues). When I contacted Asurion I was told they couldn't do anything because my screen had tiny chips on the corner. Long story short I had to pay $149 to replace my phone which is ridiculous. I'm not paying for insurance on my next phone. I will take my chances.

The replacement phone we were given was defective. The touch screen was intermittently unresponsive to the degree that the phone was at times unusable. My son at college using the replacement device did not end up returning it on time.

The replacement service was great. I had my phone within 24 hrs. High marks. However, I was misled by the agent who sold me the policy. Stated deductible was $50. It was $199. Told I would get a new phone. It was refurbished.

The phone I received as a replacement does work as well as my old phone. I have difficulty calling out and I've been told that with incoming calls, it goes right back to voicemail and the phone makes a short hum sound a lot while I'm talking.

Numerous messages to remove the lost iPhone from the iCloud account. The phone was removed from the account. We even took screenshots. Yet they continued to send emails and call saying they were going to bill me for the phone if it was not done immediately. It had a $65 case from the Verizon store. What they sent was a thin piece of clear vinyl that will barely protect against scratches.

Normally I do not have a problem with Asurion. THIS time around was awful. It took several phone calls, several chats to complete this return. The very first girl I spoke with was rude and unhelpful and told me I was just mad that she wasn't saying what I wanted to hear. (She may need some coaching and development since she is paid to provide customer service and empathy.) It was an iPhone, and even though the phone was smashed and wouldn't come on, we went onto the iCloud to remove it at least 5 times, only to keep receiving calls and emails that it had not been done. In any case, I guess/hope that all is resolved now. Thank you.

Before you charge us the deductible it should be explained that you cannot mail a replacement phone to a student that lives in dormitory housing. Totally dissatisfied that my daughter had to find an alternative address to ship her phone to. Totally unacceptable to find out after going through the whole process. Also the online claim process is terrible and needs to be more user-friendly. Hope I never have to go this process again.

The first phone you sent was 2 different colors and the second one wouldn't turn on at all. I kept the twin colored phone. Shuts off a lot and always freezes. Terrible replacements. The phone is terrible. Super terrible.

The new phone has features that were downloaded and are worthless for me. Also, the battery life is only about 7 hours with it on power save mode. The upgrade has added Kindle and things such as that. It is hard to get the screen to work since it is not sensitive to the touch.

Phone is not fully functional. The phone's GPS function DOES NOT WORK! I have restarted it, reset it, downloaded different map apps. Nothing is working. You sent a defective refurbished phone, and I would like a replacement.

Had my Galaxy S6 replaced due to cracked screen. Received my new one the next day. Battery barely stays charged. Have to continuously restart it. And the call speaker is so faint you can barely hear people when they are talking to you. Not very satisfied at all.

I have had previous dealings with Asurion and have been very satisfied, but this time I wasn't very happy with this service. I had to put in 3 claims before I got a phone that worked properly. I think I pay too much for insurance to have to go through this.

We got our phone timely but needed help with turning off find my phone cloud. We tried it but didn't work. We switched to Sprint and don't have an iPhone and only two days before we are charged for not turning it off. No help with the websites just want a person to help.

The right side of the screen of the replacement phone does not work all the time. Something is wrong with it. Can't use some of the numbers on the keypad or when texting, several letters are not possible unless I rotate the phone to put the letters at a different location on the touch screen. Service for timing was great and change over directions were good.

I found the process not user friendly on the computer. I think the "this is not a robot" process tedious and not necessary. Overall I would say make it easier to make a claim. The refurbished phone so far seems to be ok.

Too costly, the cost to purchase a new phone was ridiculous and not a brand new phone. I think a new phone should be included. I'd hoped for more customer service in activating the phone this was lacking considerably. I had to go into the store to get help when it was alluded that all could be done following the instructions in the box.

Thank you for your quick delivery and I would give it a 10 out of 10. I appreciate the great service helping me over the phone to place my claim. I would definitely say that I had a good experience even through this problem. Thank you once again.

I would like to thank you for the wonderful customer service that I received from your company. My phone was delivered the next day as stated and I had no problems. The phone was as in good working order and the deductible was exactly as stated. I would recommend this service to my friends and family. I will continue to use this service for my cell/smartphone insurance needs.

The replacement phone arrived fast and I am happy with the refurbished phone. No problems at all. My wife has to send me the phone overseas and everything was still intact with the packaging provided. Great, fast, service! Would recommend them!

Asurion Company Profile