4.8(38,043)

About Asurion

Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Asurion phone insurance plans provide coverage above and beyond the typical warranty, including water damage or if your phone is lost or stolen. Asurion Home+ offers one simple plan that covers all your favorite home tech—no matter when or where you bought it. We value Asurion customers' reviews and feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continue to improve.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Offers extensive coverage
  • Sends replacement phones quickly
  • Low monthly cost
Cons
  • Replacement is not always identical
  • Not available for everyone

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 89%
  • 6%
  • 1%
  • 1%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Lisa was very helpful. Help me write a ticket for my computer repair in a timely manner. She was pleasant and clear. I would recommend this service to a friend, neighbor or family. Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

My suitcase was damaged during our cruise and while waiting for our flight home. I submitted my claim and it was approved and resolved before I got on my flight! I really love this luggage set and have used it a lot in the past few years. So happy I can get a replacement.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

They indemnified me quickly and the filing process was pleasant and easy! After I Entered my information and hit submit. I had a message that I would receive a gift card for the reimbursement in my email. Then I saw a text To confirm that it had been sent to me before filling out this review. I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you!!

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Asurion was very knowledgeable about the product and our problem and they walked us then the application process very quickly, and it is very much appreciated! Because we are older and not really good with the tech stuff they took their time with us to make sure we understood! Thank you again.

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Easy to use plan. Just needed to go to my Amazon purchase, and follow directions from there. I would recommend that if you are offered this plan on an item that might fail that you purchase the plan. I purchased a three year plan and into the third year I needed to use it. It's nice to know that I will be able to repurchase the product that I need to use my ceramic kiln successfully.

Customer ServiceStaffEase of Use

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Excellent to do business with..My fridge and freezer stopped working..A tech was dispatched and fixed the issue and reimbursed me for loss food..I definitely would use Asurion again. I will definitely recommend Asurion to family and friends..Asurion was very easy to use with awesome customer service..And professional and courteous techs..

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I recently had an excellent experience with Asurion. Their customer service team was prompt, professional, and incredibly helpful in resolving my issue. They guided me through the process with clarity and efficiency, ensuring that I understood each step. The speed at which they handled my claim was impressive, and I was delighted with the outcome. Asurion's commitment to customer satisfaction truly shines through in every interaction. I highly recommend their services to anyone in need of device protection or assistance. Thank you, Asurion, for providing such exceptional support!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I love this programs is worth every dollar! Highly recommend. I have kids with disabilities and they break or tamper electronics, this programs has been my savior. I been with Verizon and every time they have new programs they offer them. Love their customer service! I recommend. This service is only $99. The deductible is worth every dollar.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Bought a Shinco dehumidifier last year along with an Asurion plan. Glad I did. The unit stopped working. The process to file an Asurion claim was very easy. I was expecting a long claim process. Not with Asurion. All it took was to enter where I bought the product, my contact information, the product details and an explanation of the problem. In this case was the compressor stopped working. The Asurion website processed the claim immediately. Got a text message with a gift card reimbursing me for the purchase in a matter of seconds. Excellent experience.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 7, 2024

It was easy and very fast. They solved my problem right away. I’m truly grateful that I they were able to replace my broken beats. If I didn’t have this I would’ve have paid 200 something dollars while here they help me. I was able to get new AirPods that usually cost a good 300 dollars.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Agent was friendly, knowledgeable and efficiently solved my Issue. He paid attention to my input and listened which was a key in solving my issue. My issue was solved quickly. I believe listening is the key for any agent to solve any issue and this agent was especially good at listening which helped him solve my problem.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

They are excellent in getting the item covered. I highly recommend this insurance. You need to be able to use software. The use of office and Adobe is needed. They do give an alternative to go manual. So in short you can fax the signed form. The serial may be very small on the edge of the item use your phone and blow it up on your screen.

Punctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Yes all very good. Will let my friends and family know to to apply for the protection plan because you never know when you're going to need it. The process was fairly easy. If possible there should be a section in the applying process of seeing the product first hand so customers know what they're going to be getting in return to eliminate lead time. Customers want the replacements quick.

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Great warranty and I generally never buy them. Very glad I did. Vacuum is great too but stopped working after a year. I’ll probably buy it again though because I loved it. Claim process was easy to file and looks like results were almost instant. Appreciate something that protects without a fuss and is so easy to use. Thank you Asurion.

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Struggle a little with the claim but overall happy that they took care of me and my equipment. Would recommend coverage to anyone. It’s always good to be informed on coverage in detailed to help the equipment you have and what gets covered or replaced. After discussing customer support explained more in detail it made more sense.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I would absolutely refer this company to a friend or family. There was a little confusion and I had to give information more than once but I'm pretty certain it was my fault. I'm not one to buy an extra warranty and I did this time and it was a lot easier than I had thought it would be. All the people I talk to at Asurion were very pleasant and accommodating.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I like your services to support family home item and I will reference everyone to from Amazon with extended warranty. I like the product and I would like to get same product replacement to keep my carpet cleaner and fresh and healthy. It's time I have not contacted Amazon customer service. And I will keep my contact information. You can call my phone number any time.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Had some karaoke singers get aggressive and take two microphones off the stage (which is not allowed) only to drop and break them. The process of replacing them was easy and quick. Every time I’ve filed a claim I’ve been happy with the service! I’m happy they continue to honor my warranties. I’d recommend Asurion to anyone.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

This was the first time filing a claim although I have previously used Asurion protection for other purchases. The claim process was very easy even though I am not computer savvy. The link generated for the claim was easily obtained directly from the online Amazon order information and reimbursement was quickly promised.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Would give them ZERO stars if I could. Purchased a policy to provide extended coverage on an Easton Ghost softball bat and when it came time to file a claim, we were told that only cracks to the outer paint were covered and not an actual crack to the bat. Dick's Sporting Goods should not offer these policies if they don't actually cover the product for the reason you buy them. Feel completely swindled.

Pinned

Hello Kevin. We are disappointed to hear your product was not covered by the policy. Rest assured, we appreciate you sharing your experience as this helps us improve. We will be happy to take a further look into your claim. Please feel free to private message us with your claim number. Thank you!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Asurion has great customer service. Their registration process and claims process are automated and easy. For this request we had to connect directly with an agent, and the process was smooth, quick, and accurate. We are very thankful for her help as our claim was handled efficiently. I would definitely recommend Asurion's protection plan for anyone purchasing athletic equipment and gear.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I have had this service for about two years and have been extremely satisfied with the ease and promptness of their service. The claim process took about 5 minutes, and was completely hassle free. I sent in an iPad with a damaged charging port, short after receiving my product they sent me a link for a replacement.

Profile pic of the author.
    CoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Total scam. I've been paying $45 a month for years to protect for devices, which said it would cover damage and replace a device the same day. They told me today that it only covers my phone and one device and I'd have to mail my iPad Pro in for repair.

Pinned

Hello Jannine. We value you as a customer and appreciate you sharing your feedback. Our team is here to assist you with your coverage. Please feel free to private message us with your phone number or claim number. Thank you!

Process

Reviewed May 2, 2024

At the beginning, I have trouble to file the claim. It took 2 days to finish the process. But still they provided the proper service that satisfy me. You have to be very patient to process the claim. I have a quick responses after I sent over the my laptop.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

They honor their business and help their customers to the best of my knowledge. How I know this is that they help me and was very helpful with information and answers all my questions. Asurion solve the issues with me. I would recommend other people to Asurion and let them know how trustworthy Verizon home protect is. They upheld their integrity for the customers.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Absolutely a joke of a company. We pay $14 to Verizon each month for Asurion. My Moto Stylus screen cracked so I filed a claim with Asurion. They told me that they couldn't replace my screen (this is why we pay for this service) and that I would have to buy a refurbished phone for a $99 deductible... What???? I just wanted my screen replaced for free, the reason we pay $14 per month. What a joke. Do not use this company!!!

Pinned

Hello Chris. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We understand the importance of staying connected and always want to help. Screen repair is based on device, location, and available servicers. At times the service can be unavailable. Per terms, screen repair is an added inclusion. The monthly premium is to receive a replacement device. We understand how this could be disappointing and would be happy to speak with you further. Please feel free to private message your phone number or claim number. Thank you!

Price

Reviewed May 1, 2024

The process to file a claim was excellent. The steps were crystal clear and easy to follow. I would recommend this product warranty. I’ve never purchased a warranty before and it has cost me a lot to replace items that stop working a few months after the manufacturer warranty expires. This time the replacement was just the cost of the warranty and tax.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

It had taken awhile but things worked out to finally get my claim through. I would recommend Asurion to family and friends. I would recommend letting a person talk to the same agent when calling in a claim. It's complicated talking to different agents when having trouble with a claim.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I purchased a set of solar lights for my Mother's home 2 years ago. Some of them recently failed to function and I remembered purchasing a warranty plan but was unsure of date or length of coverage. A quick history search on Amazon found the information I needed. A few quick and easy clicks later, and my claim was filed and processed in minutes! Already ordered the replacements and they will be delivered tomorrow. I could not be more pleased. Thank you so much for your service! Can't wait to surprise Mother with the repairs to her walkway.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I need to renew my maintenance agreement. No one will get back in touch with me. I have asked and called repeatedly but no one seems to want to renew. I have had expensive repairs and cannot afford such an expense. My LG dishwasher was not inexpensive to purchase and I expected it to last longer without needing repairs.

Pinned

Sue, we hear your concerns and would love to assist. We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have experienced. Please send us a private message for further assistance. Thanks.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I bought a saw from Amazon almost 3 years ago. It stopped work recently and I realized there is insurance coverage on it. I made a call to Asurion and got immediately response from the company. The claim process is very simple and quick. I sent the tool to audition by prepaid label. After they received the tool, a cheque was mail to me in less than 5 days. I am very satisfied. Thanks.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

I had purchased a three-year protection plan on a gaming chair and after one year, the support plate cracked. So I contacted Asurion. Within a minute I received a text stating that I would receive an ecard for my purchase price minus the tax. Very fast service! Thank you. I would definitely recommend!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Technician Nick did a great job to fix my problems. He was very efficient and educational to show me how to fix my printing problem on all my Computers, phone and Kindle. He was on time and very proficient and knowledgeable in this area. I would greatly recommend Asurion for all your technical problems.

Online & AppEase of UseProcess

Reviewed April 30, 2024

The claim process was super quick, and very easy to use. ASURION reimbursed what I spent for my broken product instantly. They made the process seamless, using the APP with everything at your fingertips. I Highly recommend investing in purchasing this insurance through Amazon, if it is offered. Great to have in the event the product fails as in our case. A+.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

No very happy with the claiming procedure. I was informed a different way of taking care of my claims. Why do I have to pay for a claim when shipping the failing device back to you when I am monthly paying a lot of money to insurance?? Pls make sure to educate your sales people to be clear on what meds to be paid or not so we can make the best decision.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I called Asurion, told them what the problem was, as I had the insurance I was advised to return the HP printer. They sent me the information to do so. I took the product to Staples in Bennington VT. The ladies who took care of me were extremely helpful. They packaged the printer and took the responsibility

of placing the label which was sent to me. I am now awaiting the gift card to purchase another HP printer.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedReliabilityProcess

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I had a defective pool pump motor, and I was able to go through the claim process very easily. This is my first time filing a claim and my experience has amazing thus far. The process was easy to understand, the company responded in a very timely manner, and this happened over the weekend. So I was surprised how fast they got back to me. Would certainly do business again with them.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Asurion exceeded my expectations! Very pleased! Fast, Easy, Simple. I followed the easy instructions and had a simple and fast solution! I had an expensive electronic dog collar that quit working. Asurion made it happened and I got quick results. I am telling my friends that they need to get with Asurion!

CoverageOnline & App

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I’m so glad I have this service!!! 2 years in a row I had broke my $1700 tablet. Very easy claim procedure and WORTH the small monthly fee. With 5 clumsy kids, this is a must for me. So far I’ve paid a 25$ month, so this has paid for itself many times over. Literally don’t get caught without any kind of insurance in my opinion. If you have any expensive electronics in your home I’d get it. Surges, fire and among many other things can hit your wallet hard, even after dealing with a traumatic event.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Power washer was used maybe 3 times since purchase, Dec, 2022. Upon using today (April 27, 2024) worked fine then began spraying out elbow connector between washer body & output hose. Fortunately, I had purchased this extended warranty & it was super easy to file claim & got immediate reimbursement.

Price

Reviewed April 27, 2024

This is the first time ever using a 4 yr extended warranty purchased through Amazon’s Asurion product coverage for a large product. The claim process was simple and resolution was given in less than a minute! Asurion online claim service was amazing! I will be certain to protect future major purchases with Asurion's extended warranties. In my opinion this type of extended warranty was well worth the cost!

Reviewed April 27, 2024

We had a vibration problem on the ice maker side of the door and thinking it might be the ice maker but the technician immediately knew what the issue was and fixed it in minutes. This problem would come and go even though the ice maker still worked. Just happy we had an experienced technician. Very satisfied.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Literally a scam.. Paid probably somewhere between $300-400 over the course of 2 years, tried to get a less crappy phone that is literally $100 new, they send me the same phone with the same problems after I asked them not to, didn't bother to send a key to get the SIM card out so I had to venture to get one, spent over a week trying to get it to work, by the time I got back to them through their convoluted process my time to deny their stupid phone they sent me was over, now I am likely to get charged $100 for a phone that cost $100 in the first place, every single person I try to talk to has been incredibly rude about the whole ordeal, somehow this is "insurance" when I could have just saved my $300-400 in the first place and gotten and gotten any phone I wanted..