It's that easy Request Information
4.53/5
Based on 5,591 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion. Life’s Operating System. For the past 20 years, Asurion has helped people across the globe balance the interdependency between life and technology. Today, as the industry-defining leader of technology solutions, we ensure 300 million consumers’ devices and appliances stay online and on the job in this fast-moving, tech-driven world. Asurion ensures technology and people are harmonious. And your life is in balance. We do so across the digitally connected globe, by speaking six languages, and by working across any device, platform or provider. There’s only one system like ours on earth, and it took two decades of innovating, and empathizing, to build.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

20419 Asurion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 22, 2019

We have always had a wonderful experience with Asurion. Unfortunately, this time was a little different. The woman we spoke with was very nice (no problem there) but when I asked her when we would get the new phone she said tomorrow (meaning Saturday). That was not the case and we received it on Monday. We had it shipped to our home address since we thought it would be delivered on Saturday. We were fortunate that it was not taken from our mailbox. Long story short, my daughter is very happy with her phone and this is the only negative experience we've had. I will say everyone we have ever spoken with is extremely kind. Thank so much!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Great customer support. Very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. Unbelievably fast delivery of replacement phones. Helped with set up of new phone and reset of the old broken phone. Thanks for all the help Asurion. You made this a breeze and less stressful.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Hey guys your service was very very good. We received the iPad in about one day! We will definitely keep this service so when something breaks down the next time it will be here quickly. The service department was also very easy to use.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I received a lot of help over the phone. Attaching the required documents was easy and it didn't take long for me to receive my replacement phone. I'm very happy with how quick and easy this process was. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Satisfied and happy with my service. Very fast reliever with I love. Very low cost. Very helpful when I called and spoke to a rep. Everything worked out perfect. I would definite use asurion again in the future if needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I completed the entire process online, everything was clear and easy to follow. My replacement phone was at my door the next day. The insurance plan was a great idea. I hope I don’t need to use the insurance again in the future. But if I do, I know it will be easy. Thank you. Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Everything went as planned. Great job on Asurion's side. We have had to use your services in the past and each time we have had the same type of customer experience. When we know we can count on someone to do it right the first time, we will continue to support.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Asurion did a great job! I ordered my replacement phone on Friday afternoon and I received my new phone by Saturday afternoon. Also the customer service representatives were very courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend Asurion insurance to friends and family members to protect their phones.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The ProTech team was very helpful being patient and calm during the back-up process and getting new phone activated. I would highly recommend the Insurance Program. The replacement phone came quickly, and the transition was less than an hour of time. Good job to all the techs who helped me.

Original review: May 22, 2019

It was a simple process to reconnect to the replacement phone I received. Thank you. The person I worked with over the phone was very nice and easy to understand what she asked me to do to reconnect to the new device.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Usually I dread dealing with insurance. This time it was almost pleasant! The claim process for The cracked screen was simple enough. The technician was exactly as advertised. The first thing that threw me, he was on time, also polite, professional, skilled, efficient and prepared for the job. Asurion y’all caught me with my guard down.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Took a day longer than first told. But did receive phone as promised in two days. Setup was easy to follow. People were friendly an eager to help get you back on line and making phone calls as quickly as possible.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I spent 7+ hours dealing w/ Asurion. 10 phone calls, 3 live chats, & the submission of 3 affidavits.The staff was friendly but frequently contradicted the info given by other staff. At no time was I told that I would need to pay $225 deductible to replace a phone which sells for $195 new. Had I been told that at phone call #1, I wouldn’t have wasted 7 hours of my life and their time. The final straw was the last consultant who with impressive insincerity told me how she appreciated how valuable my time is and she wouldn’t waste any more of it. The deductible would be $225. And I could choose whether or not to continue with the claim. Well...Duh! She was the only Asurion employee who did not identify herself.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Quick and easy! Took only 5 mins tops! Sending a new phone so my son doesn’t have to be without a phone and so I keep in contact with him! The delivery will be quick as well! Thank you again! The payment is worth it!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Great response time. Did an online claim and was sent a new phone next day. They made an appointment on time they would call me for set up assistance. Was able to get it set up same day with no problem. Top notch professional and courteous customer service.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The representative I spoke with was extremely patient and helpful. Although getting things taken care of through customer service phone calls can be time consuming and sometimes all around unpleasant, this process was very straightforward and easy. Very happy with my phone call.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The service was great. Shipment was quick and easy. I was able to get back to my regular phone service without issue. The pre-paid shipping envelope made it easier for me to get the broken phone sent off as I did not have to search for a correct size envelope and fill out an address.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My old phone had horrible screen issues, so I called and got a replacement. The new phone came in the mail the next business day. I'm very satisfied with the service I was provided and the replacement phone. No screen issues and it works flawlessly.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

The form was simple to complete and turn in. The replacement device was sent on time and to the correct address. The follow up for the device was also appreciated. The customer service was professional and clear. Would most likely use the service again.

Asurion response

Hi Leah, we do appreciate taking the time to submit feedback to us. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know here at consumeraffairs@asurion.com. We are here and always happy to help. - Tasha

Original review: May 21, 2019

On Saturday I lost my new Galaxy S10 while mowing 10 acres of land, on a 48” zero turn mower. I checked my Total Mobile Protection coverage with Verizon, as this was a new upgrade from my S7, to be sure that coverage had been transferred to my new device prior to submitting a claim, it was active. Monday morning I got started on the Asurion website. Got just past the portion where I explained what happened to my phone and got a message that my claim was being placed on a 24 hr. review. Then I received an email informing me that I could continue my claim. I click on the email link, only to be directed back to the very beginning of the claims process.

It’s 9 a.m. now, after a weekends worth of repairs have been building up and customers are looking for a company to make repairs, I NEED A REPLACEMENT PHONE NOW!!! I call and question why is there any red tape here, I have TOTAL MOBILE PROTECTION, which basically means I’m covered no matter what happened to my phone. Apparently this is not true and I have been misled by Verizon and Asurion. I have called repeatedly to get a remedy to this, no luck. Meanwhile my business suffers the financial loss because nobody can get in touch with me. Do you think Asurion gives a hoot, I think not!!! So my friends, my best advice is to not waste your money on this scam of a company.

Asurion response

Hi Jeffrey, I am happy to help you with this. I do hear your concerns and appreciate your patience while we look deeper into this. We understand paperwork is not the most enjoyable thing to do, however, it is in place for your protection. I would like to take a look at your account. Please send your name, telephone number, claim number and your best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com. We are here and happy to help. - Tasha

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have been paying insurance on all of my family's phones with the idea that if one broke we would pay less than market value for the replacement. My daughter's iPhone 6S broke recently and I started the claim. Come to find out the deductible for this phone is $150.00. The customer service representative said the phone could be refurbished or new. Since the 6s has been out for so long I assumed I would receive a refurbished one. I can buy one right off of the Verizon website for $169.00. With that said I am canceling my insurance. It was a waste of money.

Asurion response

Hi Stephanie, we completely understand your concern and we are happy to help the best way we can. It’s our mission to get you reconnected as quickly as possible and for less than the retail cost of a replacement phone. We are similar to other types of insurance as there is a deductible in addition to monthly premiums. Many find that they save with the deductible. I am happy to further into this for you. Please send your name, telephone number, claim number and best contact information to consumeraffairs@asurion.com.- Tasha

Original review: May 21, 2019

Got here very fast and was in great condition. Even got an extra charger! Thank you for a great experience! I left my house when the phone was delivered and was bummed out about that but they actually returned about 2 hours later and I was able to get my phone which I've never had happen!

Original review: May 21, 2019

Very easy to fill out the form online to get the process started. Was told the next day that the claim was received and received the brand new phone the next day. I was able to call and get the phone connected to my service. Overall very happy with everything.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The customer service rep. was very helpful. The process is a little lengthy, but once finished I received the replacement phone in a timely fashion. I recommend getting insurance on all your devices, if covered by Asurion. It was well worth the small fee associated with my account to get a full replacement.

Original review: May 21, 2019

The whole overall process was VERY easy to complete. My phone arrived quicker than I expected. Set up was a quick process. Works beautifully. I thought there would be more red tape to cut through and I was stressing about the process. Thank you for making such a stressful process so simple and effective.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Filing the claim was quick and easy. New unit arrived in two days and customer service assisted in setup of replacement phone. The cost of replacement was as expected. I'm glad I purchased the warranty. Hopefully I won't need to use this service in the future, but having it provides some security.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

I had lost my phone and iPad in a house fire. With having to wait week for my replacement phone there was no way to call the insurance people to complete my claims. Had to buy another phone to be able to keep in contact with the insurance adjuster until I receive the phone in 5 days.

Asurion response

Hi Krandell, getting you reconnected quickly is our top priority, especially in certain circumstances. I would like to take a look into this for you. Please send your name, telephone number, claim number and your best contact information. - Tasha

Original review: May 20, 2019

We purchased a $2,300 Samsung refrigerator through Home Depot and were sold an Asurion Home Depot Protection Plan. We were promised during the purchase, and echoed here in Ts&Cs http://www.protection-plans.com/content/thd/en/MajorAppliances/Index#/terms-conditions that the unit would be replaced or a gift card given if the same issue occurred more than 3 times. We have now had 7 repair visits for the Ice Maker not making ice, and Asurion refuses to offer us the promised benefit.

This is a clear ripoff and violation of the agreement as you can see from the website, and yet Asurion has no consideration or concern. I talked to multiple supervisors (Mandy today). Was basically said "too bad" when questioned as to why they are denying the replacement benefit. Each technician has indicated that this was a legitimate problem, the same one each time, and has disclaimed the previous tech. "He didn't know what he was doing!" The tech last week was the same. It's sad that companies like this can take advantage of consumers with no repercussions.

Asurion response

Hi Christopher, we definitely understand the frustrations of having multiple repairs. Our mission is to get you taken care of as quickly as possible. When it comes to the Lemon Policy in order to qualify for a replacement or reimbursement the item would need to have three claims for the exact same issue. We'd be happy to take a deeper look into your claim. Please email us at consumeraffairs@asurion.com with your name, service request number and contact information. Thanks.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Awesome service in a timely manner with no problem and I recommend AT&T. Got a replacement phone fast, but need to be able to get a replacement at the store too. Other than that everything was good. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Original review: May 20, 2019

The service was amazing, didn't have trouble, been help, easy and quick. First time that AT&T acts in a helping way. Has to ask for Spanish speaking person since I Don't know English really, was happy with this service and thank the company as well thank you. Keep up the great service.

Asurion Company Information