4.5/5 (3550 ratings)

About Asurion

Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Asurion phone insurance plans provide coverage above and beyond the typical warranty, including water damage or if your phone is lost or stolen. Asurion Home+ offers one simple plan that covers all your favorite home tech—no matter when or where you bought it. We value Asurion customers' reviews and feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continue to improve.

Pros

• Offers extensive coverage
  • Sends replacement phones quickly
  • Low monthly cost

Cons

• Replacement is not always identical
  • Not available for everyone

Bottom Line

Asurion offers mobile replacement plans and tech support for a variety of smartphones and mobile devices. The company works with many popular wireless service providers.

Asurion Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Always a great experience. Highly recommended. I have had 3 devices repaired and the staff is always extremely friendly knowledgeable and very helpful. My needs and questions are always accommodated. In particular the location on broadway in San Antonio Tx.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

My son broke his screen on his iPhone. Went to Att and we had insurance on the phone. Helped me file a claim online and then I went to ubreakitifixit in Windermere and they were nice, helpful, quick to fix it and helped with a new screen protector.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Great customer service. Quick and efficient, same day service was amazing. The technician was knowledgeable and reassuring that the fix could be accomplished same day, which made me very grateful! Best experience I've had with Asurion having a satellite store instead of mailing the phone. Very convenient for the customer.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

The customer service representative for Asurion in the claim department that handled my claim she was very polite, professional and knowledgeable of her position. She went step by step on my claim and I'm grateful and appreciate her for taking the time and patience to explain everything to me. From choosing another type of phone to how much it'll cost. She asked me about shipping devices to location that was feasible and convenient for me. She deserves a 100% on this call. She was very professional and I'd like to say Thank You so much. Your kindness and dedication will not got unnoticed. Sincerely, Ms. **.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I purchased a 4-year Asurion protection warranty with my Lenovo laptop. I bought both from Staples. Two years into my warranty, I called to file a claim because the graphics card in the computer went on the fritz. The first time I called, Asurion ran a trouble shooting exercise and told me they thought it was a software problem. I spent $100 on a computer tech to document that there is no software problem with the laptop. The problem continued so much that I had to purchase a used, backup laptop since I am a small business owner and the problem was interrupting my work.

I called Asurion back to say I wanted to file a claim, and they tried to make to go through the trouble shooting exercise again because it had been 3 weeks since I first called! I had to raise my voice to explain that I was not going to go through trouble shooting again and wanted them to proceed with the claim. They told me a UPS pick-up was scheduled and I would receive an email/text letting me know when the UPS driver was arriving. I never received notification about the driver's arrival time and was in a meeting when they came, so missed the pick up. The Asurion website says that UPS will not return again, so that was false information as well.

Asurion response

Hi Liz, I am sorry to hear about your overall experience with trying to get your laptop taken care of. We do sincerely appreciate your patience with this. We do want this experience to be seamless and easy. We want to ensure this has been resolved for you. If you find you do need additional assistance, feel free to let us know so we can take a deeper look into this for you. -Ari

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Asurion did a great job fixing my phone in no time. None of my data was lost and it looks like nothing happened to it. He changed the whole screen but if he didn't told me I wouldn't have noticed. Fantastic job.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I have received stellar customer service from Asurion in regards to the protection of my devices, I am completely satisfied and I absolutely recommend Asurion to any and all Customers. They have always been professional, Thorough and expeditious on my device claims, the most recent representative whom went above and beyond to ensure my experience and claim were both completely smoothly and satisfactorily handled was named Rachael (Texas). She was amazing. It made my experience as well as my day to be given such spectacular care and attention. She also offered me another deal that I really needed! I am very grateful to her and Asurion for making this business relationship an equal mutual relationship.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

My Samsung S21 Max Ultra screen was totally shattered! It dropped, on its face, out of my purse onto a cement landing! I depend on my phone in my consulting business and I panicked. I could not use the online services because I could not input any information due to the screen's broken pieces. I was immediately given the address of an ATT location within a mile, which fixed my phone within the hour it had broken. Talk about HAPPY, that was me! The gentleman at Asurion was prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable; he did everything with a smile on his face, Thanks, so much, AT&T!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Quick & to the point! Didn't take long for me to file my insurance claim and the Response was very quick and easy. Questions about the issues I was having with my phone were very quick and simple to answer in order to get my claim started & finished.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I dropped my phone and broke it again, lol. Anyways, I use my phone for everything from banking to games and couldn’t access anything on my phone without it acting up, I remembered that I could use my insurance for my phone. I was worried it would take time to get a replacement but to my surprise it came the next day on a holiday. Thank you for the prompt service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

The service was fast and easy. He called before he arrived to make sure we were home, he showed up, fixed our broken screen and was done within 30 minutes. It was way easier than I expected and didn’t cost too much either.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Great peace of mind. It saves me so much money, my phone is the main assets of my business, It is definitely worth it, my replacement looks like a brand new phone with all accessories, I had a little bit issues with first one, they sent me second replacement with a day or two, Thank you once again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

My Asurion store in Olive Branch worked hard and long to fix my phone with little success. They referred me to the online service which I could not get in touch with verbally and no known success online. The following morning my phone seemed somewhat resolved, why????. I returned to Asurion office in Olive Branch, had my phone face replaced and all seems to be working so well.... 5 stars to the Olive Branch store.??? To the online service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Asurion has helped me easily and fairly resolve the issues I have had with my phones. Their customer service has made sure all my questions are resolved. The phone assistance is helpful and patient. I would recommend asurion coverage to my friends it well worth it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I needed a screen replaced on my Samsung phone. I scheduled the repair and went in as soon as I was able. I was helped by Tim. He determined that the available part for my phone was defective. He expressed ordered the part and made my repair a priority. I was able to get my phone repaired the next day. I am beyond impressed with the professionalism and customer service provided by Tim. He went above and beyond and I have no qualms with recommending Asurion as a service provider.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Easy, efficient, courteous and knowledgeable. The location was easy to find and they were open on a Sunday! Easy drop off and ready in one hour! And my cellular device is now just like it was when it was brand new! I really couldn’t have asked for a better outcome! The waiting area was clean and comfortable!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I absolutely loved Marty. He was phenomenal and amazing to work with! I will return because of Marty! I am grateful for services like yours. Thank you for the extreme level of professionalism on this Sunday during this holiday season.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

The only thing I've got to say about Asurion, is that they're the best team ever and have always resolved all my cellphone issues. I appreciate all their efforts with me! They're always very knowledgeable, kind, professional and extremely patient and always spend as much time as I need! They should be teaching other wireless co. how to help their customers thoroughly. My last issue wasn't resolved because of something to do with whatsapp. Thank you again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I recently damaged my cell phone. I went online and purchased another one thru eBay and had a problem getting it to pick up mobile networks. I went to the local VERIZON WIRELESS store to get a replacement SIM card...and the girl there told me I had device protection that I had been paying for all along. WOW! So I went home, moved all of my stuff back to the old phone, and went online to file the claim to replace my Samsung S10 Plus. Let's remember, this phone is NOT that new. It's not unsupported but it is certainly not new generation.

I begin the process. I have to download an affidavit, make a copy of my driver's license (both paper copies) and then FAX them to a phone number. I did all of this. On the questionnaire it asks when this happened. I clicked on "yesterday" but later on, it asks for the date again, and I accidentally dated it for the wrong month. I file the claim, and it was denied. I received an email about this, nonspecific denial stating information was conflicting or missing, and that I needed to call this number. I do so. Then begins a 2 hour stint on the phone, culminating in me changing my "10"/8 to "11/8" on the form and re faxing it.

She also said my license copy was a little dark and asks me to upload it instead of fax it. So I have to make a color scan of my license, and then upload both documents. This is at 330 pm. I hear nothing. Nothing the next day. The next afternoon, I call them back....Wait 20 minutes to talk to someone...who tells me my claim was denied. My date was wrong. NOTHING from the day before was in the notes. NO forms were noted. As if the 2 hour call the day before did not happen. I do as she says....and upload BOTH documents again. She calls back and spews off some rigmarole I can't even understand due to her horrible accent....At the end of it said "that will be $229.. How will you be paying today?" I am like "WHAT??" She said that was my deductible.

A refurbished S10 Plus is $199 ALL DAY LONG. A NEW one is only $250. My warranty costs us $17.49 per month. My wife and I have been Verizon customers for years and have never used this warranty. We are out of contract and could use anyone we want. Scam and fraud. Buy your own phone and forget the warranty thru Verizon. The company they use is Asurion. It is a total scam. You pay for nothing. You get nothing. Their customer service is a bad joke.

On the lighter side. my daughter has AT&T. She had to have a phone replaced only weeks earlier. It was a $2000 Z folding phone. She pays $7.49 a month for the warranty. She filed her claim online. (Dropped phone at work). Her form was completed after work that day about 3 pm. Someone from Indianapolis BROUGHT HER A NEW PHONE at 9pm and stayed to switch them over!!! That is over 2 hours away! THAT is a warranty! Verizon? A joke. If it weren't such a convoluted process, I would switch to AT&T based on that interaction ALONE.

Asurion response

Hi Jay, I am sorry to hear about your overall experience with your claim. I understand your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. Please know we want to ensure this process is as easy and seamless as possible. Your patience and feedback is appreciated and has been noted. If you find you do need any additional assistance with this, feel free to let us know. We are here and more than happy to help. -Ari

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

My iPhone replacement experience was extremely easy and fast. I would Highly recommend AT&T service to all of my friends. My phone had stopped working properly. It would not keep a charge for the whole day. I'm so happy for my warranty.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Coming to our house to fix my son's phone was the easiest thing to do and I loved it! We didn’t have to go wait somewhere for a long time. It was just that simple. Phone works perfect and like new! Just like when we first got it!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Zaki was very helpful and knowledgeable. He got my screen fixed in a timely manner. The screen looks like it’s brand new again. No issues with the phone whatsoever. Thanks again Zaki for your professionalism. I would definitely recommended this location to family and friends. Ask for Zaki.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Without question, the best tech service I have ever experienced. Also would like to mention the customer service employees were knowledgeable and very helpful in solving an issue outside of the repair that was needed. Going above and beyond their work scope.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Good customer Service and with reasonable cost. I will highly recommend this place for anyone looking to get their laptops, mobiles, etc. repaired. Oren was very detailed oriented and was able to help me and resolve my issue with the cracked iPhone screen.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

The representative who assisted me was knowledgeable but most importantly he was eager to assist me with processing my claim. Filing a claim online is not the my preferred method and he was willing to help me by doing it for me. All in all, I am very satisfied with the service provided by Asurion.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

It was so easy, and the best part is he came to me... My only regret is that I didn’t use this service sooner, I have walked around months with my screen cracked, will never buy another phone without insurance coverage again!! Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Steve my repair tech is everything a customer facing technician should be. He is professional, prompt, knowledgeable and precise. Every tech/tech supervisor should strive to emulate Steve, Asurion and that Maplewood AT&T is lucky to have him! I don't plan on breaking my phone again but it is very comforting to know that if I do then Steve will have my back. Thanks again Steve!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

This was a great experience that was totally pain free and easy. The tech was very knowledgeable and provided excellent customer service. Was very friendly and knowledgeable. He answered all of our questions and explained everything very well. This was a great experience overall and I would recommend this service, this location and this tech.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Nick displayed great customer service skills and was very detailed on the process so I left very knowledgeable. When I came back to pickup my daughter's phone he put a screen protector so we would avoid this issue in there future.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Everyone I spoke to was very helpful, got me where I needed to be and help me through the process of getting my phone. They were kind and so helpful. I'm really satisfied with all the help worker did to help me. I want to say thank you and I'm very appreciative of guiding me through everything

Asurion Company Information