Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5

airtel Prepaid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I had a issue with Airtel fast tag missing recharge, I went to this airtel store in Varthur - Bangalore and given a complaint, It's been close to 30 days and I visited to store multiple times and talked to a person called Vicky (seems to be store manager), every time he tells me a same story that he didn't get the response from

the other team. I really wonder what the other team is doing?? And why this person is not following up on my case? How many times I need to come to this store to listen the same? And Airtel is giving advertisement of making complaint count Zero?? First you have to focus on better customer experience and try to solve existing complaint in a better way. Very poor response from this store and would never recommend any transactions with Airtel, and because of this person (vicky) this store deserves Zero or negative rating.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Being an customer of airtel, I want to share my some of the issues facing with this network.

1. There is no hassle free customer care service.
    2. India No.4G network - I live in Bangalore NCR, facing an respectively facing an issue with network always.
    3. I want to know how Ads were been playing without any buffering. Whereas playing of videos will always Buffer.

4. Price - Comparing the price with Leading competitor JIO, which is less.

Overall I feel by comparing the network of airtel 4G is 2 out of 10.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Airtel prepaid is the worst prepaid cell phone provider company. They are fraudsters and take money from customer. Airtel Thanks App is the worst, most inefficient, weak and worthless App the company has ever created. Prepaid payments fail when you recharge through Airtel Thanks App but the money was deducted from my account.

For some reason best known to them, the money did not reach Airtel. I had to recharge again through their website. Prepaid customer care told me Airtel will refund the extra amount within 10 working days. It's been more than 1 month and I have to keep calling them for an update. Every time I call they just raise a new complaint and say that we will process your refund.

Suddenly on my 100th call to them, they tell me that I need to visit an Airtel prepaid store nearby and store guys will help me. Lackadaisical and worst customer service, they just want to take money from their customers and don't give a damn about customer. Customer care people tell different things every time and they themselves are not in sync. like if they are working for different companies. They don't even listen to you completely and cut the phone abruptly!!! Very rude, uneducated bunch of nincompoops!!! FRAUD, CHEAT COMPANY!!!! AIRTEL'S LICENSE SHOULD BE REVOKED AND THEY SHOULD BE BANNED IN INDIA!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Worst possible, never trustworthy network. I will never ever recommend this network even to my enemies. Fraudsters. Airtel extreme is also worst possible service. Never trust their offers. All bogus. Humbug network. No service mentality.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Network & Data connection very very poor as my own experience. I am not satisfied and disappointed with Airtel Prepaid. I will never recommend anyone Airtel. Vi Network & Data connection is very very fast and speed very very good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Network & Data connection very very poor as my own experience. I am not satisfied and disappointed with Airtel prepaid. I will never recommend any one Airtel prepaid until service is improved. Airtel should think about old customers before getting new.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I ported my BSNL sim to Airtel back in 2018 as I required high speed internet for my DLP. Back then airtel was quite good but then this year around Feb I started having connectivity and stability issues with the network. I called numerous times to customer care but they always had an answer ready to anything I said. Then once the executive said that there must be some problem in my device or the sim either should be changed but as I had bought a new device in August 2019. I thought of changing the sim but for safety measures I had my device checked at the service centre where they they told me that my device was ok, changing the sim helped me and I started getting the connection like before so I bought one more airtel sim seeing the network was quiet strong in my area. But again since august I started facing the same issue as before.

I am not saying I wasn't consuming my data. I was using 60 to 70% of my daily data but the stability was not there like in my dlp classes. I couldn't hear the sound of the teacher. If the video wasn't available my voice was not audible to them. I called a numerous times to customer care but instead of listening to my complaint they use to start their own story that "How can you say that the net is not working? You have used 90% of your data and you are saying that net is not working," and all that kind of stuff so I had to change my sim back to bsnl. I had to say my bsnl sim is 2g and my airtel sim was 4g but since I ported back I never had a single issue with my dlp class. Video runs smoothly. Audio also doesn't break so basically the conclusion is that airtel 4g is terrible than bsnl 2g.

Also the other sim that I bought of airtel is also experiencing the same problem. I registered a complaint in Sept. They said that they will solve the issue till 30 sept. The issue wasn't solved so I called on 1st October. Again they said that I'll have to wait till 30th oct for the issue to get solved so basically I sum it up by saying that airtel is the worst of all networks in the country with a moderate downloading speed, bad uploading speed and the worst ping ms (stability).

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Am port from Vodafone to airtel prepaid on 25th June 2020 but after port am face network connectivity issue and call connectivity issue at my home location, But till time (18th Sept. 2020) am face that same issue and no any resolution provided from your airtel. My service req. id is **, Also am visit many time at airtel store Maninagar ahmedabad gujarat and face terrible experience with store head Mr. shivraj, am think to port from airtel to another one but TRIA rules is 90 days wait so am already wait 90 days to solve my issue but no resolution provided from your end. Appellate team and nodal team of airtel every time auto generated mail revert on my mail. Think before move in airtel service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Airtel is a Big Fraud. It can only spend money on advertisement rather than providing services to their customers. NO SIGNAL, NO CALLING ONLY PAY HUGE AMOUNT. AIRTEL should Advertise themselves by giving only 1 slogan. PAY HUGE AMOUNT AND YOU GET NOTHING. One is paying huge amount for his calling and data Packs but one can hardly call anyone or use his 1kb data pack out of 2 GB because of NO NETWORK. Worse company executives try to make people foolish by saying no issue sir. Within 8 months one can be able to use his data packs and will not sure but may be able to call someone because we have processed your request of poor signals to higher authorities and soon you will be getting connected. But unfortunately waiting for the same. Please people. It's a Humble request. Please please please don't ever take Airtel. It's a Big Fraud. VERY BAD SERVICES NO SIGNAL. NO MEANS A BIG NOOO.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Airtel signals are very weak with poor network connectivity. Even checked with different mobile phones but facing same issue in area. Always signal problem. All companies keep on advertising but provide poor customer service.

airtel Prepaid author review by ConsumerAffairs

airtel is one of the largest global wireless providers in number of subscribers. The company operates in Asia and Africa and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. They offer both prepaid and contract plans.

• airtel Money: airtel customers can add money to an airtel Money account. Using airtel Money, they can pay bills, purchase railway tickets and more. These activities will not count against their text message or data services.

• Roaming: Customers can use their phones even when roaming both domestically and internationally. They can visit the airtel website to see what charges are associated with roaming.

• myPack: Customers can design their own plan with myPack. They can choose how much data they need as well as how many minutes and text messages they want. They can also select pre-designed packs that meet their budget.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also refill their account directly from an ATM. This option is available at ATMs from major banks.

• Features: airtel prepaid plans include voicemail, call waiting, holding and caller ID.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team