1.03/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

90 airtel Prepaid Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Am a postpaid customer... And regret my decision to have chosen Airtel above Vodafone. Don't go with what they show in ads... Experience says it all... Worst data speed. All I get to hear is, "We are trying and will be resolved."

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Poor 4G Network. In My locality Ponnampet, I have contacted the Airtel open network people n number of times but it's almost two years I am complaining about the network issues. They didn't bothered and done nothing over the network issues. Frustrated with the Airtel I suggest everyone it's better to go with some other network than Airtel. On every call I am facing disturbance glass breaking sounds it will irritate a lot while talking. I am fed up by contacting you people so I decided to say goodbye to Airtel. Even I am not sure that this review will reach you people or not but it's My final review.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I am got corporate connection of airtel postpaid with 799 plan. My office is in Vasant Kunj and resident is at Dwarka. I am frustrated with Airtel 4G connection with no or very slow speed. I am planning to port to Jio shortly.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This Airtel network is inappropriate and not working as in 4G speed. No transactions from the payment system are possible. So I am not satisfied with this network. I request to check my sim details to be clarified. ** is my number.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I am using Airtel from many years. Earlier it was ok but now Airtel is getting worse day by day. There is no network at many places. Even at my workplace I am facing network issues. Whenever I use internet I get frustrated. Internet speed is as bad as 2G.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Airtel is ** provider ever, it's such a pathetic company which has no network coverage. Only it does good in advertisement. Don't ever use Airtel, having full network gives you 30 kbps speed. ** airtel you have no standard. You lose airtel. Leave the business. Go sell vegetables you losers, I have a mobile tower above my building and still I don't get speed. What's the use? 2g of other providers are better. Stuff the tower in your **, you don't deserve to be in business. Shut it down. LOSERS!!! I BET THE CEO OF AIRTEL USES JIO FOR SURE.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Somehow using Airtel from many years, I use only one mobile and one sim. I’m waiting from many years that Airtel will come back with strong network coverage. But day by day Airtel is going worst than any other network. I’m really fed up with Airtel, everyday when I use internet I will get tensed.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Worst service and not even getting 2g speed - I was with Airtel postpaid. Each and every month I used face issue with bill and incorrect charges then I moved to prepaid (where I made mistake again trusting Airtel again). From the day I changed to prepaid problem started, I can't recharge my mobile each and every time I need to visit Airtel stores to recharge my no. Inspite of complaining and raising complaints no one bothered to call me or tried to fix the issue. It has been 1 year, Airtel stores couldn't help or the complaint. Finally I'm changing all my 5 Airtel sims to different network and I strongly recommend my friends and others to opt out from airtel.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Airtel has crossed its limits. It's getting worst. It's the worst one can ever use. A few days back I did my recharge of Rs.35 for the ** activation of my sim. But mistakenly after few days again I did a recharge of Rs.23. So asked them to refund as it was mistakenly done. But these people said no it can't be refunded. Never ever go for Airtel. Other service providers do refund but Airtel shows it's savage. That's the reason it's going down.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I'm using Airtel since 3 years now. My network is 4g and my phone also supports 4g network, but in my all 3 years of experience I've never experienced 4g speed and sometimes I have to switch the network type from 4g to 3g to use internet in normal speed which is equal speed as 2g because in 4g setting it won't work usually. I'm now recharging my sim with 500 rupees pack which gives you approx 3 months of 2gb 3g/4g data per day but I hardly get 3g speed on this network and most of the time not even that, whenever I surf the net I constantly have to switch my net on and off to get even normal speed. And what is the point of giving unlimited calls facility with the pack when you have to recharge again just to talk to the customer care executive. Whoever reading this, never use any kind of airtel service, tell as many people as you can. Save their money also.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Airtel network have become worst. One the most worst waste network I have ever experienced up to now. The 4g speed is slower than usual 2g internet. Having the full coverage but internet doesn't work at some place. It's really pathetic network. I see full network and tried calling my number from landline - it same number not reachable. They are competing in price but not in service. Waste Airtel. I have raised the concern many many time. Still no fix nor helpful. Looks it's high time I need to switch to different network and end my 10+ year customer relationship with Airtel.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I got trouble because of the networks. I wait for 6 long hours so that network will come...but there is no network. I will suggest all of the Airtel customer to leave Airtel network. Worst of the worst network is this. They just give one solution and the backend department is so lazy I can't even explain you. Stop being in this network. There is no one in the company who listen to the customer reviews. They just used to say hmm...nothing else. I can truly say they are fake even they do not reply to the reviews. Hey CEO of Airtel company just shut down your company. This will be better???

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I really do not understand what do I need to do to get my services rectified. I have been raising requests after requests complaining about your pathetic network and bad customer service quality. I have been a customer of yours for years together now yet my experience with Airtel is getting worsened day by day. Previously a service request was raised yet there was no update that I received from Airtel Technical Team regarding the issue raised and all that I see is that the service request was closed without even a consent from my end.

I work in the night and hence I ask specifically to be contacted at a preferred time yet I get calls during the course of the day which I miss which is quite obvious because I would be sleeping and hence I go ahead and ask to be contacted at a particular time. I have been having issues with your pathetic services. I am having issues as I am not able to go ahead and use the Internet services provided by you. Anytime any place the network is so damn pathetic that I just hate using your services. The internet just cries to even get connected.

Continuing the issue regarding bad services did you even check the call quality, I am having a very bad experience in terms of the voice calling, half the time the network is so bad that I’m experiencing call drops, voice cracking and unable to even connect when a call is made within my network or outside my network. The issue is at both my billing address and my home address or rather if I have to be very clear your network is bad at all places.

I don’t think you have ever checked the quality of your network or even if you have checked Airtel is no longer bothered about serving the customer rather Airtel is more bothered about surviving the competition from other network providers. Last but not the least try fixing your Airtel App. Attached is the screenshot of the error when I try to submit a service request. I really don’t understand what the hell is your open network because everything updated there is **. This is again my personal opinion.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I am using airtel from 2010. And all my family members also have airtel number. They advertise that their 4g network has fastest speed. So I change the sim with 4g but now its internet services is like below to 2g speed and even it's stop after 8 pm. I am frustrated from this. Recently I bought 499 pack of airtel. My money is waste. Now I am switching to Jio.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I am customer of Airtel since 2012. My family members has 10 Airtel contact numbers. Airtel had given the validity till 2036 but it ended in 2018 only. I am not happy with the decision and its packages - offers are not valuable. I'm closing all contact numbers.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am Airtel customer. I use monthly pack of Rs.199/- for unlimited calls, in the middle of my package my outgoing service is stopped. When I contacted customer care service they said to recharge with Rs.35/- to activate outgoing service for one month. I already paid Rs.199/- for one month. Why I should pay again RS.35/- TO Start my service. This is illegal. I want to file complaint against Airtel. I filed complaint today in CC.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Airtel worst network. Switching to Jio soon. Poor customer care... Whenever tried calling the no. get disconnected automatically. Worst of all networking Ookla fooled us and Airtel fooling worst worst worst.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Nowadays the prepaid Airtel services are the worst. For a five minutes call, I have to call six to eight times because of the call "cuts". It is a planned dacoity by the company. I am planning to shift my Airtel number to BSNL service.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Airtel don't deserve to take 1 rating. If there would be any -1, -2 review I would have rated that way. The Worst service providers in the world I can say. No proper customer service too. I raised a request to deactivate my bloody Airtel number without intimation they again rejected that request simply to charge money from me. Beggar is better than you Airtel. Soon you will have downfall. I sincerely suggest don't ever choose Airtel. It's all bogus.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Internet speed of Airtel is less than the BSNL 3G. I used both Airtel and BSNL. I think I wasted my money to recharge with Airtel. Airtel should not do the false promises with its customers. This bad thing.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My wife's prepaid no. which has Rs 473.68 as balance as on date is being again and again getting an SMS from the Airtel that the outgoing to the no. will be deactivated w.e.f. 24.11.2018 but without assigning any reason thereto. I tried to contact customer support but failed as they do not have any satisfactory response. This shows how callous anti-customer attitude they have. The service of the service provider is useless and all the ads of Airtel are fictitious, mala fide and misinformative. If the service provider has any respect for the customers, pls contact me at my email.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Blocked all my incoming and outing call. Once recharged and used the service and again blocked after 2 days. ** service will die soon. Before jio they cheated the whole people. Going to change my sim and father's sim. Too worst services even though contacted 198. Highly irritated with the cheap and worst services.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The waste network I have ever experienced up to now. The 4g speed is slower than usual 2g internet. Having the full coverage but internet doesn't work. The ** network. They are competing in price but not in service. Waste Airtel.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I recharged my airtel sim with a pack of 3 months data pack with unlimited calling and 1.4gb data daily. When I was in Pune the internet service was quite good. But now in Mumbai it is pathetic. It is giving 2g internet service even for a 4g pack. Even after complaining twice they are saying, "It is a problem with your area." But why are these people coming up with so many ads saying that best coverage in Mumbai. All this is fake. The service is really bad. They have not improved a bit with their service.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I switched to Airtel from Idea because speed and network of Airtel was decent in my area... After some days network started to shut off very frequently... I raised complaints against Airtel... Nobody even noticed Or even I didn't get any kind of feedback from company. And even today the even on 4g settings the network speed is slower than tortoise. I raised complaints multiple times. Nobody takes any kind of action. They just pretend to listen to you. But none action is taken.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

One star just for the network availability. Otherwise these people are your balance money leechers. They turn on useless value added services without your permission and even after your complaint they continue doing so. Further when you try to turn them off they redirect you to the main menu. The cherry on the top of cake is there is no human being/customer supervisor on their so called customer care no. You are made to talk to a machine about useless services. They keep my balance zero by turning on value added services and keep charging for them. I don't even know how to use them and I have to pay for them!! With my zero balance I can't even do a miscall, further they ask me to take a loan for that sake!! By doing this UNETHICAL practice this company would be making millions (my friends and family has complained this).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had a very bad experience with AIRTEL. Recently I converted my number from AIRTEL Postpaid to prepaid. My number was converted (7th Oct 2018 at 10:00 PM) and due to technical issue Airtel retailers are unable to initiate my first recharge. It’s been more than 4 days still am unable to use any service like outgoing call and mobile data. I did multiple follow ups with 121@airtel.com and they are not even providing their assistance. Very poor service from Airtel. Customer support also very bad. They don't have any solution regarding my number.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

From last 6 months the Internet speed was very slow. I am unable to browse even small apps. How many months will you take to fix this. There is no use of adding the previous data balance to present because we are unable to use data only. Jio networks signals are very better than Airtel. I am an Airtel customer for 7 years but I am facing huge disturbance with network this year. Even calls are not reachable properly.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I Have a Airtel Prepaid number. I have recharged with 558 Plan where I will get 3GB 4G data and all local, National and Roaming calls free. But when I have activated this plan since then I am not able to even browse the web page. I lost net. I have complained two to three times to airtel, they told me that there is a problem of maintenance and it will be resolved soon. Its been three months, the resolving process is still going on... The actual problem of airtel is they want to compete with JIO but don't want give service, that's why they introduce plans and stopped services. I have wasted money and time. Please do not use Airtel...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had 2 Airtel Prepaid numbers, ** and **, both linked to my Aadhaar Card. Because I was overseas for several months, both numbers got deactivated without any notice. I would like to know the reason and also why the balance remaining in the deactivated cards has not been refunded to me. This is fraudulent behavior on Airtel's part, and efforts to get an answer by calling their hotline 121 is hopeless, also no email channel to complain. Would much appreciate advice/assistance.

airtel Prepaid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

airtel is one of the largest global wireless providers in number of subscribers. The company operates in Asia and Africa and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. They offer both prepaid and contract plans.

• airtel Money: airtel customers can add money to an airtel Money account. Using airtel Money, they can pay bills, purchase railway tickets and more. These activities will not count against their text message or data services.

• Roaming: Customers can use their phones even when roaming both domestically and internationally. They can visit the airtel website to see what charges are associated with roaming.

• myPack: Customers can design their own plan with myPack. They can choose how much data they need as well as how many minutes and text messages they want. They can also select pre-designed packs that meet their budget.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also refill their account directly from an ATM. This option is available at ATMs from major banks.

• Features: airtel prepaid plans include voicemail, call waiting, holding and caller ID.

• Best for: airtel is best for budget-conscious consumers in Asia and Africa.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs