3.7/5 (212 ratings)

About airtel Prepaid

airtel Prepaid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?

Original review: May 17, 2021

The network is very good. But customer service is worst. They are charging when we call 121. Some information is updated in app but still they are asking to call 121 to get money from us. There are so many options which not available through app. They force us to call 121 and charge for that.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I've been using Airtel since 2005, it was all good so far but. Since few weeks, the service looks like **. I can't even make calls without disturbances in hearing. Network keeps dropping. Can't even download an audio file of size 5mb or so. The signal shows full on 4G but works like 2G or even worse. If I try to to call the customer service, they'll put me on hold for hours or more then the call drops by itself. I remember registering my number on DND yet the fake financial company peeps keep calling me on my number. I'm fed up with its service. They must update their services. I'm feeling like they've decided to provide worst service ever through this pandemic!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Worst service and app, I will never use airtel in my life. Daily I restart my mobile more than 20 times, every time clean junk files, I never use any app, but unable to use more than 50mb per day, the download speed is 100mb in 10 days? This is Airtel? Every day after 11.00 am my service stopped. Also unable to call single person even I recharged regular. This is my promise my relatives, friends will never use airtel. #BoycottAirtel lifetime on March 2021 #worstAirtelservice

Original review: March 2, 2021

I am using Airtel from last 12 years and I got new numbers ported to airtel postpaid all good but now the service is so bad the store in Mangalore is so worst service, near BUNTS hostel, don't care, the representative Shruti is tell me to call helpline for queries, why you have airtel stores, if you cannot help, I really want to change all my family numbers to different company, no more airtel if the service is so bad.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I changed my Airtel old sim & they ask me that I want - only sim change or circle change from chennai to pune. I told them to change circle. They ask me 347Rs for 1st recharge (from store it's compulsory). I paid them 347Rs that time, but now I didn't receive recharge till yet. I paid them on 13th & sim activated on 18th 11 p.m. but till now ( 23rd February) I didn't receive any recharge. Pathetic customer service. I send mail to nodal officer also but nothing happen.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I had a issue with Airtel fast tag missing recharge, I went to this airtel store in Varthur - Bangalore and given a complaint, It's been close to 30 days and I visited to store multiple times and talked to a person called Vicky (seems to be store manager), every time he tells me a same story that he didn't get the response from

the other team. I really wonder what the other team is doing?? And why this person is not following up on my case? How many times I need to come to this store to listen the same? And Airtel is giving advertisement of making complaint count Zero?? First you have to focus on better customer experience and try to solve existing complaint in a better way. Very poor response from this store and would never recommend any transactions with Airtel, and because of this person (vicky) this store deserves Zero or negative rating.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Being an customer of airtel, I want to share my some of the issues facing with this network.

1. There is no hassle free customer care service.
    2. India No.4G network - I live in Bangalore NCR, facing an respectively facing an issue with network always.
    3. I want to know how Ads were been playing without any buffering. Whereas playing of videos will always Buffer.

4. Price - Comparing the price with Leading competitor JIO, which is less.

Overall I feel by comparing the network of airtel 4G is 2 out of 10.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Airtel prepaid is the worst prepaid cell phone provider company. They are fraudsters and take money from customer. Airtel Thanks App is the worst, most inefficient, weak and worthless App the company has ever created. Prepaid payments fail when you recharge through Airtel Thanks App but the money was deducted from my account.

For some reason best known to them, the money did not reach Airtel. I had to recharge again through their website. Prepaid customer care told me Airtel will refund the extra amount within 10 working days. It's been more than 1 month and I have to keep calling them for an update. Every time I call they just raise a new complaint and say that we will process your refund.

Suddenly on my 100th call to them, they tell me that I need to visit an Airtel prepaid store nearby and store guys will help me. Lackadaisical and worst customer service, they just want to take money from their customers and don't give a damn about customer. Customer care people tell different things every time and they themselves are not in sync. like if they are working for different companies. They don't even listen to you completely and cut the phone abruptly!!! Very rude, uneducated bunch of nincompoops!!! FRAUD, CHEAT COMPANY!!!! AIRTEL'S LICENSE SHOULD BE REVOKED AND THEY SHOULD BE BANNED IN INDIA!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Worst possible, never trustworthy network. I will never ever recommend this network even to my enemies. Fraudsters. Airtel extreme is also worst possible service. Never trust their offers. All bogus. Humbug network. No service mentality.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Network & Data connection very very poor as my own experience. I am not satisfied and disappointed with Airtel Prepaid. I will never recommend anyone Airtel. Vi Network & Data connection is very very fast and speed very very good.

airtel Prepaid author review by ConsumerAffairs

airtel is one of the largest global wireless providers in number of subscribers. The company operates in Asia and Africa and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. They offer both prepaid and contract plans.

• airtel Money: airtel customers can add money to an airtel Money account. Using airtel Money, they can pay bills, purchase railway tickets and more. These activities will not count against their text message or data services.

• Roaming: Customers can use their phones even when roaming both domestically and internationally. They can visit the airtel website to see what charges are associated with roaming.

• myPack: Customers can design their own plan with myPack. They can choose how much data they need as well as how many minutes and text messages they want. They can also select pre-designed packs that meet their budget.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also refill their account directly from an ATM. This option is available at ATMs from major banks.

• Features: airtel prepaid plans include voicemail, call waiting, holding and caller ID.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team