1.02/5

102 airtel Prepaid Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

Really fed up with this Airtel network. I paid for 3 months data pack with Rs. 448. But no use of that. Airtel network is too slow. Youtube videos will not open. If I want to download any documents I face problems. I would say it's the worst network. Instead of advertising please improve your network. Really it's waste for money for your customers. I will post my airtel number.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Dear Team, I would just like to share my feedback and also to log a complaint regarding the bad experience I had while visiting Airtel store in Candor Techspace, Sector-21, Dundahera, Gurgaon.

1. The token system for numbering is not working.
2. The first day I visit store I was asked to wait for 30 minutes.
3. The second day I visited store at 2:50 PM, the store employees had already just block the store entrance using a chair at a non particular time for lunch.
3. Even after completing the lunch at 3:10 PM they ask several people to wait just because just few of them do not like to be back to work immediately after lunch.
4. Even after 5 people were waiting for them to be attended, still their attitude didn't seem to concerned by it.
5. When I requested them to speed up the work, they gave lame excuses like, "Our lunch time is not fixed", "After completion of lunch we need 10 minutes for
hand wash", "we can not immediately serve the people".

6. They store staff NOWHERE looked concerned for people's precious time, they were just acting like a government office employees who are not at all concerned for employee satisfaction.

I really hope/wish, that Airtel management do address it.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Money is hard earned but when it comes Airtel, they think we are getting it free and deduct you whichever means is possible and their customer support is a mess. They can’t even hire person to look after customer calls and necessary step to educate or explain the cause or root of the issues. This brand is getting worse day by day.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Frequently now it is happening that when someone calls on my number then the caller gets to listen to a girl's voice that "The number is busy on another line. Kindly stay on line or call after some time." But actually when I am not even on a call it is reflecting as same. This is creating a lot of issues and disturbance in my day to day life and activities. Kindly look into it urgently.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I think this Airtel brand is literally so ridiculous. And I regret my decision to have chosen Airtel above other networks. Worst net ever I have ever seen. Even they don't have manners how to talk with customers. I have portable Airtel hotspot and it has worst net even it provide speed of 2G. And they charged me 587Rs when I haven't even used it for a month. I request to all pls stop using Airtel. It's the worst network ever. And I think it doesn't even deserve a one star. It's just **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Worst net ever I've ever seen. It's disconnected in every 10 mins without any network issues and customer Care are not solving the problem. So please don't use Airtel. It's really worst and the worst 4g network.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I am using Airtel network for past 12 years but last 2 years it is working as no 1 worst network. For they are advertising as no 1 4g network but it's working as nothing. 0.00 kbps. I called Airtel customer service more than 20 times but they are simply responding as, "It's technical problem." We can't do anything or else switch the network as we want. So please don't suggest Airtel to anyone.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I was using Airtel for about 10 year. Recently about 8 month I was not able to send any messages even toll free messages. Only can receive messages. Because of this I am not able to link to bank other needs even to port. I called customer service several time. They saying they will solve it within 48 hours and if I call again they will say another 48 hours. For 1 year I am recharging for daily 100 SMS offer too, it was waste of time and money. I need justice, it should not come to any other customers. My num **.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Today one guy named Mr. ** had to come to my home @ 8:30 pm to solve some issues. I called him first @ 6:30 approx, he told me he will come by 8:30. But he didn't came. After 8:30 I called him several times leaving all my job just to get solved my problem. But he didn't received my call even once, and after 9:45 pm he switched off his phone. This kind of service Airtel is giving to customers. Request to all please stop using Airtel in any way...

Original review: March 13, 2019

This Airtel brand is literally so ridiculous, I mean like they count one month as 28 days and also in those 28 days my pack expires before 3 days in expiring. Am I a fool here! The minimum amount of recharge on my no. is of 199 R's. and I don't even use the net pack until I am outside as else I use my WiFi connection. So the first thing I waste my money every month on this ** brand and also they don't provide good service. It's a warning to all who are thinking to buy airtel sim. Vodafone is far way better than this. I am so done with Airtel and soon switching to Vodafone.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

199 Recharge Plan states I have unlimited calling service for a month which is not the case. I hardly make calls using this no still it's stating I am out of balance. I recharged on 8 Feb. How is it even possible.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Internet gets connected disconnected frequently and I have been facing this issue since 10 days and I have informed the same at customer care many times but they are just giving assurance repeatedly without showing interest to solve the issue.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Am a postpaid customer... And regret my decision to have chosen Airtel above Vodafone. Don't go with what they show in ads... Experience says it all... Worst data speed. All I get to hear is, "We are trying and will be resolved."

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Poor 4G Network. In My locality Ponnampet, I have contacted the Airtel open network people n number of times but it's almost two years I am complaining about the network issues. They didn't bothered and done nothing over the network issues. Frustrated with the Airtel I suggest everyone it's better to go with some other network than Airtel. On every call I am facing disturbance glass breaking sounds it will irritate a lot while talking. I am fed up by contacting you people so I decided to say goodbye to Airtel. Even I am not sure that this review will reach you people or not but it's My final review.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I am got corporate connection of airtel postpaid with 799 plan. My office is in Vasant Kunj and resident is at Dwarka. I am frustrated with Airtel 4G connection with no or very slow speed. I am planning to port to Jio shortly.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This Airtel network is inappropriate and not working as in 4G speed. No transactions from the payment system are possible. So I am not satisfied with this network. I request to check my sim details to be clarified. ** is my number.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I am using Airtel from many years. Earlier it was ok but now Airtel is getting worse day by day. There is no network at many places. Even at my workplace I am facing network issues. Whenever I use internet I get frustrated. Internet speed is as bad as 2G.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Airtel is ** provider ever, it's such a pathetic company which has no network coverage. Only it does good in advertisement. Don't ever use Airtel, having full network gives you 30 kbps speed. ** airtel you have no standard. You lose airtel. Leave the business. Go sell vegetables you losers, I have a mobile tower above my building and still I don't get speed. What's the use? 2g of other providers are better. Stuff the tower in your **, you don't deserve to be in business. Shut it down. LOSERS!!! I BET THE CEO OF AIRTEL USES JIO FOR SURE.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Somehow using Airtel from many years, I use only one mobile and one sim. I’m waiting from many years that Airtel will come back with strong network coverage. But day by day Airtel is going worst than any other network. I’m really fed up with Airtel, everyday when I use internet I will get tensed.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Worst service and not even getting 2g speed - I was with Airtel postpaid. Each and every month I used face issue with bill and incorrect charges then I moved to prepaid (where I made mistake again trusting Airtel again). From the day I changed to prepaid problem started, I can't recharge my mobile each and every time I need to visit Airtel stores to recharge my no. Inspite of complaining and raising complaints no one bothered to call me or tried to fix the issue. It has been 1 year, Airtel stores couldn't help or the complaint. Finally I'm changing all my 5 Airtel sims to different network and I strongly recommend my friends and others to opt out from airtel.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Airtel has crossed its limits. It's getting worst. It's the worst one can ever use. A few days back I did my recharge of Rs.35 for the ** activation of my sim. But mistakenly after few days again I did a recharge of Rs.23. So asked them to refund as it was mistakenly done. But these people said no it can't be refunded. Never ever go for Airtel. Other service providers do refund but Airtel shows it's savage. That's the reason it's going down.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I'm using Airtel since 3 years now. My network is 4g and my phone also supports 4g network, but in my all 3 years of experience I've never experienced 4g speed and sometimes I have to switch the network type from 4g to 3g to use internet in normal speed which is equal speed as 2g because in 4g setting it won't work usually. I'm now recharging my sim with 500 rupees pack which gives you approx 3 months of 2gb 3g/4g data per day but I hardly get 3g speed on this network and most of the time not even that, whenever I surf the net I constantly have to switch my net on and off to get even normal speed. And what is the point of giving unlimited calls facility with the pack when you have to recharge again just to talk to the customer care executive. Whoever reading this, never use any kind of airtel service, tell as many people as you can. Save their money also.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Airtel network have become worst. One the most worst waste network I have ever experienced up to now. The 4g speed is slower than usual 2g internet. Having the full coverage but internet doesn't work at some place. It's really pathetic network. I see full network and tried calling my number from landline - it same number not reachable. They are competing in price but not in service. Waste Airtel. I have raised the concern many many time. Still no fix nor helpful. Looks it's high time I need to switch to different network and end my 10+ year customer relationship with Airtel.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I got trouble because of the networks. I wait for 6 long hours so that network will come...but there is no network. I will suggest all of the Airtel customer to leave Airtel network. Worst of the worst network is this. They just give one solution and the backend department is so lazy I can't even explain you. Stop being in this network. There is no one in the company who listen to the customer reviews. They just used to say hmm...nothing else. I can truly say they are fake even they do not reply to the reviews. Hey CEO of Airtel company just shut down your company. This will be better???

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I really do not understand what do I need to do to get my services rectified. I have been raising requests after requests complaining about your pathetic network and bad customer service quality. I have been a customer of yours for years together now yet my experience with Airtel is getting worsened day by day. Previously a service request was raised yet there was no update that I received from Airtel Technical Team regarding the issue raised and all that I see is that the service request was closed without even a consent from my end.

I work in the night and hence I ask specifically to be contacted at a preferred time yet I get calls during the course of the day which I miss which is quite obvious because I would be sleeping and hence I go ahead and ask to be contacted at a particular time. I have been having issues with your pathetic services. I am having issues as I am not able to go ahead and use the Internet services provided by you. Anytime any place the network is so damn pathetic that I just hate using your services. The internet just cries to even get connected.

Continuing the issue regarding bad services did you even check the call quality, I am having a very bad experience in terms of the voice calling, half the time the network is so bad that I’m experiencing call drops, voice cracking and unable to even connect when a call is made within my network or outside my network. The issue is at both my billing address and my home address or rather if I have to be very clear your network is bad at all places.

I don’t think you have ever checked the quality of your network or even if you have checked Airtel is no longer bothered about serving the customer rather Airtel is more bothered about surviving the competition from other network providers. Last but not the least try fixing your Airtel App. Attached is the screenshot of the error when I try to submit a service request. I really don’t understand what the hell is your open network because everything updated there is **. This is again my personal opinion.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I am using airtel from 2010. And all my family members also have airtel number. They advertise that their 4g network has fastest speed. So I change the sim with 4g but now its internet services is like below to 2g speed and even it's stop after 8 pm. I am frustrated from this. Recently I bought 499 pack of airtel. My money is waste. Now I am switching to Jio.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I am customer of Airtel since 2012. My family members has 10 Airtel contact numbers. Airtel had given the validity till 2036 but it ended in 2018 only. I am not happy with the decision and its packages - offers are not valuable. I'm closing all contact numbers.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am Airtel customer. I use monthly pack of Rs.199/- for unlimited calls, in the middle of my package my outgoing service is stopped. When I contacted customer care service they said to recharge with Rs.35/- to activate outgoing service for one month. I already paid Rs.199/- for one month. Why I should pay again RS.35/- TO Start my service. This is illegal. I want to file complaint against Airtel. I filed complaint today in CC.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Airtel worst network. Switching to Jio soon. Poor customer care... Whenever tried calling the no. get disconnected automatically. Worst of all networking Ookla fooled us and Airtel fooling worst worst worst.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Nowadays the prepaid Airtel services are the worst. For a five minutes call, I have to call six to eight times because of the call "cuts". It is a planned dacoity by the company. I am planning to shift my Airtel number to BSNL service.

airtel Prepaid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

airtel is one of the largest global wireless providers in number of subscribers. The company operates in Asia and Africa and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. They offer both prepaid and contract plans.

• airtel Money: airtel customers can add money to an airtel Money account. Using airtel Money, they can pay bills, purchase railway tickets and more. These activities will not count against their text message or data services.

• Roaming: Customers can use their phones even when roaming both domestically and internationally. They can visit the airtel website to see what charges are associated with roaming.

• myPack: Customers can design their own plan with myPack. They can choose how much data they need as well as how many minutes and text messages they want. They can also select pre-designed packs that meet their budget.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also refill their account directly from an ATM. This option is available at ATMs from major banks.

• Features: airtel prepaid plans include voicemail, call waiting, holding and caller ID.

• Best for: airtel is best for budget-conscious consumers in Asia and Africa.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs