Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

airtel Prepaid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?

Original review: June 28, 2020

I recharged my tv for 1 year for Rs 4806 but still my connection got disconnected. Since yesterday I'm calling customer care but no one is solving issue. So please it's my request to you all, never use airtel, the services its worst, they lie to me, wrong commitment and do lot of harassment. And now they are saying as it's Sunday so I have to wait for 48 hours. I want to give them zero rating.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I am using Airtel prepaid mobile connection since 2010. I am facing lot of problems with network and the same was brought to the notice of customer care and nodal officer. No one is responding since 7 months. They claim their service is 0 complaint. I can prove them wrong with lots of proofs. I am also having mail communication with 0 positive responses. They are misleading the public with all fake promises.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Hi, I am Kalaivani using airtel SIM from last 6 years. From last 2 months my prepaid SIM is not working and there is no signal bar due to which am unable to do any online transaction during this crisis time. Worst customer service and once of the executive and his supervisor says me to wait till the lock down completes. How can I be without network and online service? I need to switch to other network but airtel team is not supporting.

Original review: April 21, 2020

The worst network I have experienced from airtel. There is network issue as well as the internet is not working at all. I felt waste of money I invested by recharging. I would prefer not to use this airtel. No proper response at all. After this quarantine I would like to change my network.

Original review: April 12, 2020

The Company had recently changed the recharge policies as per TRAI in India - but its technical support team was not geared to take up the change instantly resulting in users losing their balance on the sim card. Generally if there was balance on the sim card, its connectivity was auto renewed by the minimum recharge of Rs. 23. After the recent change in the recharge rates, the system did not function properly and resulted that the users were told to do a recharge even though there was a balance in the sim card. I have tried to reach them by customer service and emails, but they were unable to provide resolution and any technical support. I thus stopped using my 2 sim cards due to this un-cooperative support from AIRTEL. It is today trying to claim as number one internet service provider but I would say after the takeover of Tata Docomo subscribers - it was unable to provide proper customer services and just trapped the innocent subscribers

Original review: April 8, 2020

I'm facing issues in Internet. I have been complaining since 2 and half but they haven't taken any action yet. Sometimes I'm unable to take calls. I'm facing problem with airtel sim. In my area Airtel network is **.

Original review: March 26, 2020

100% waste of quality for calls, net, network and waste of my recharge money and I advise to everyone not to opt for airtel and you people stop all your tv ads and other advertises also please don't cheat to others.

Original review: March 21, 2020

0 stars to give, very worst, just 2 days before I recharged pack amount 247 but still now I am not getting good network, single video is loading for more than half an hour, then why they are saying and lying that airtel is the fastest network. Very worst.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I travelled to Tadoba, in Maharashtra between 28th of Feb and 2nd March 2020. During this period, there was no signal at all on the Airtel sim, while others who were using Jio, had full signal. This happens every time I travel to a remote location. There is no way to lodge a complaint on My Airtel App. The funny thing is I logged in with somebody's Jio Wi-Fi to check on Airtel signal and the app says disconnect WiFi and try. If I disconnect WiFi what is it that they will see when there is no trace of signal? And they talk about open network? Bull crap!

Original review: March 2, 2020

I am seriously repenting after buying Airtel Sim, just did recharge 7 days back and now even my I am not able to open Google, I had to connect my WiFi always, not even a single strand is there of Network, Zero Network, people are calling me and saying, "Put your Airtel sim in dustbin first", calls are not connecting only, whenever I am going to watch movie in theatres, it shows emergency call. When I saw my husband phone his network was full because he was using Jio sim, it’s an request please don’t take Airtel sim.

airtel Prepaid author review by ConsumerAffairs

airtel is one of the largest global wireless providers in number of subscribers. The company operates in Asia and Africa and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. They offer both prepaid and contract plans.

• airtel Money: airtel customers can add money to an airtel Money account. Using airtel Money, they can pay bills, purchase railway tickets and more. These activities will not count against their text message or data services.

• Roaming: Customers can use their phones even when roaming both domestically and internationally. They can visit the airtel website to see what charges are associated with roaming.

• myPack: Customers can design their own plan with myPack. They can choose how much data they need as well as how many minutes and text messages they want. They can also select pre-designed packs that meet their budget.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also refill their account directly from an ATM. This option is available at ATMs from major banks.

• Features: airtel prepaid plans include voicemail, call waiting, holding and caller ID.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team