1.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

airtel Prepaid

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

airtel Prepaid Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

After 3 hours at their store and 4 days of countless phone calls a lady with barely discernible speech ability called up and said I need to apply again for a new connection. UTTERLY INCOMPETENT AND HORRIBLE SERVICE.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I'm having big trouble choosing Airtel as my Phone service. In a typical day I would have to reset the network at least 20 times and then I would be able to make a phone call. This is ridiculous. This network really sucks!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

My father has an Airtel no **. I activated international roaming pack on 4/10/2019 for Czech Republic/ Europe for 10 days @ 3,600 INR. Currently my father is not able to make outgoing calls. I contacted customer care 6 times since morning and each call wasted my 40 mins on an average. Each time they say problem is either resolved or it will take 24 hours to solve. Please try to understand this situation on the ground level, how a person can exist without outgoing calls internationally. I hope you will understand his situation and try to give your best.

Thanks and regards

Anshul **

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Airtel is the worst service I have ever seen, I had postpaid connection where I paid 600 per month but still no proper network and no signal. But still I have to pay 600 every month. I asked them to improve the network but it never happened. And when I tried to come out of the Airtel, and port to Jio, the Airtel customer care person called me and asked me to pay the remaining bill. So I had paid the bill of 335 for 15 days and asked them to deactivate. But the Airtel People are so cheap, Third Class attitude, they just changed my number to Prepaid. Here the problem began. And when we need to move to other service, we should have completed 90 days in previous service.

For me I had completed in Airtel Postpaid. But Once they changed my number to prepaid Again I have to wait for 90 days in Airtel again, So I am not getting the network and SIM is not showing signals. Airtel is **. PLEASE Be Aware of these STUPID AIRTEL Trap. We are struggling to move out of it. Waste people making money without any good service. DABBA AIRTEL.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Yesterday, the battery of my Airtel 4G Hotspot abruptly became swollen and began to overheat. I took it out of the modem and approached two Airtel Stores in Dehra Dun to get a replacement battery. Both stores told me that the battery cannot be replaced as it is not available, and I would need to pay Rs.2000 and buy a new modem. When I checked with generic mobile accessory stores elsewhere, I was able to get exactly the same Huawei battery and the modem is working perfectly. Furthermore, I also found the battery available with multiple sellers on Amazon. Airtel is just trying to make money from its customers by fraudulent means- they could easily have informed me that the battery is available elsewhere, rather than telling me that the only solution was to replace the dongle at great expense.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about airtel Prepaid?

Original review: July 31, 2019

I used Airtel number ** more than 8 years. I traveled to abroad and not able use 3 month. Try to use on 26/07/2019 and it's de-activated..send mail to customer care on 26/07/2019 and they replied It's de-activated 8/06/2019 and asked my details to activate. But 30/07/2019 it's activated to new customer. I called customer care and they 90 days inactive so we given to new customer. I am not understand how they can give existing customers number to new customer. I need my number. But airtel not giving which I used 8 years.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Worst worst worst network ever, would never recommend it to anyone. The customer care system is too fraud and they don't provide any solution to any of our problems. I really hate this service and will change it as soon as possible. Seriously paying bills for nothing because with such a ** network of airtel one can't use any service. Secondly the amount of money they're spending on PR and ads If they utilize it to better the networks and 4G speed it would gain more revenue. I've used Idea, Jio, BSNL and even BSNL 3g speed was far better than this **. This is the first time using airtel and fairly disappointed. Even this comment would take hell lot of time to get uploaded. That is the kind of patience you need with airtel.

Original review: July 30, 2019

This is A1 fraud network I have ever seen. I'm using this from 5 years. I m be on completing about the network issue from 3 years, still there can't do anything for me. There have stupid customer care service, can't able to understand our issue at all. He has speaking so roughly. He is saying just to send one sms for month I need to pay RS. 200 it's him. Guys if you're planning for new network never go for Airtel. There cheat people saying India's Fastest 4G Network.???? THERE CAN'T UNDER OFFER 0G.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Be careful about Airtel's special offers and internet packages. They might promise 10GB and more on recharges which can be even seen in data balance. But you could never access that and on your enquiry you will receive a very surprising response that you can use only if you renew your recharge next month before the expiry of the present pack...!! This company is famous for cheating its customers!!!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Really fed up with this Airtel network. I paid for 3 months data pack with Rs. 448. But no use of that. Airtel network is too slow. Youtube videos will not open. If I want to download any documents I face problems. I would say it's the worst network. Instead of advertising please improve your network. Really it's waste for money for your customers. I will post my airtel number.

airtel Prepaid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

airtel is one of the largest global wireless providers in number of subscribers. The company operates in Asia and Africa and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. They offer both prepaid and contract plans.

• airtel Money: airtel customers can add money to an airtel Money account. Using airtel Money, they can pay bills, purchase railway tickets and more. These activities will not count against their text message or data services.

• Roaming: Customers can use their phones even when roaming both domestically and internationally. They can visit the airtel website to see what charges are associated with roaming.

• myPack: Customers can design their own plan with myPack. They can choose how much data they need as well as how many minutes and text messages they want. They can also select pre-designed packs that meet their budget.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also refill their account directly from an ATM. This option is available at ATMs from major banks.

• Features: airtel prepaid plans include voicemail, call waiting, holding and caller ID.

• Best for: airtel is best for budget-conscious consumers in Asia and Africa.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs