4.0(190)

Overall Rating
4.0 out of 5

About TriNet

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

TriNet is an excellent full-service Payroll/HR company. My support team is very knowledgeable and has proven their worth in their follow through. TriNet has successfully lowered our costs from our prior Payroll/HR company while providing excellent service. I would definitely recommend TriNet to anyone looking for a new Payroll/HR company.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

Customer support is very responsive and the platform has improved its functionality and flexibility. The benefits enrollment was especially easy this year and very streamlined. I would appreciate additional free training classes be offered. I also appreciate TriNet's willingness to listen to my concerns and input for future design changes.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 13, 2023

My assigned rep, Sylvia, is great. Sylvia is very knowledgeable and helpful. Even in the rare instance that she's unfamiliar with a topic, she will point me in the right direction. She is always available and quickly responds to any inquiry I may need to reach out to her for.

Reviewed June 13, 2023

TriNet has provided solid service in regards to payroll and the benefit offerings that a company under 100 employees is provided is unmatched. They also offer many additional services (expense, time and attendance as examples); however, these cloud-based systems do not mesh well, nor is there a SME to own the handoffs from end to end which can be frustrating.

Reviewed June 13, 2023

I would like to recommend Trinet as a valued partner pertaining to our HR/Payroll needs. They have been with us for many years and have helped me keep our business on track. They have very knowledgeable people that can handle many issues. I plan to continue this relationship in the future.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 16, 2023

\We started using this company about 4 years ago. They are quite literally the worst vendor we have ever had. Their service is pathetic. You can literally get better service talking to a high schooler that works at Subway. Nearly every single time you get info from them it is wrong. The American voices (sales) you talk to make promises their company doesn't keep. They outsource their call center who just wastes your time with non-answers. TriNet is an ABSOLUTE DUMPSTER FIRE. Stay away.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

We have received your feedback and want to first apologize for your experience, which doesn’t sound like they have met TriNet’s standards. If you there is anything we can help you with or if you would like to share your experience in more detail, please email us at social media at TriNet dot com.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 30, 2023

Customer service and ability to resolve issues worst I have experienced. Cost is high compared to other better solutions. When an issue arises it takes multiple people to resolve, no matter the issue. Would not recommend Trinet.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

We apologize for any issues you have encountered as this is not the experience we strive for. We will share your feedback with our customer experience leaders. In the meantime, if there are any outstanding issues we can escalate for you on our end, please email us at social media at TriNet dot com.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

Trinet goes above and beyond to support our company. They are quick to respond, and have worked in partnership with our company to resolve issues and provide us with guidance and support. We have received great support from our dedicated support specialists and the Customer Support team.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

I truly enjoy working with Trinet, they have been extremely helpful whenever I have a question. The payroll processing is easy, the time off module is very simple. The personal site is a breeze and connects to the 401K website and insurance benefits without issue.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2023

TriNet offers great services to help companies on the backend as they scale internal HR Depts. I'm very happy with the 1:1 support they provide with HR and payroll needs. The interface lacks a bit with employee profiles and storage capabilities however.

CoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2022

We are a small non-profit (<20 employees) that contracted with TriNet for our HR and Healthcare needs. Small businesses considering TriNet MUST UNDERSTAND that you are NOT being added to an insurance pool in order to receive better health insurance rates than you might find on an exchange or elsewhere. TriNet bulk purchases coverage from insurance carriers and sells it to you based on their own price formulas. They can raise your premiums by any level they want, each year with no explanation. You have no recourse or bargaining power.

After a few years with TriNet they raised our company health insurance premium 300%. Our employee healthcare premiums went up anywhere from 300% to over a 1000% depending on the employee! No explanation from our TriNet handlers. For reasons beyond our control, our employees had several medical claims in the previous year with TriNet--we suspect this is why our rates skyrocketed. We were forced to leave TriNet which was a huge cost in administrative time to rebuild our HR and Health Insurance infrastructure after years using their service.

What's worse, any other HR/Healthcare PEO's would not offer us estimates for coverage unless we provided them with previous years' premium costs. TriNet would not give us any information why our rates had been increased that we could share with prospective providers, effectively blacklisting our non-profit organization as we sought new coverage.

HR services were good for the first year or so with TriNet--we liked the personalized service we received from a dedicated staff member who we could easily contact when we occasionally needed assistance. After TriNet 360 started we lost the ability to contact our representative (which was one of the main selling points of the organization), every request was given a case number and handled by multiple nameless representatives and were often lost or took weeks, even months to resolve. The chat function can be useful for simple issues, but in my opinion the 360 system can be worse than dealing with a cable company. To be fair, the TriNet portal is robust and it centralizes and streamlines multiple functions of managing employees and has some good features for customizing. It would be great to use if the organization backing it up was more trustworthy and 360 more organized.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

I am very happy the service I am receiving from TriNet, all queries are always attended to in a timely and professional manner. Even in challenging cases our Trinet contact will work with internal teams to get a positive result for Megaport.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

TriNet has always offered us great service. And their online portal is very well done. We have been using them for years, and it has been an excellent experience. Whenever we have any issue they are very responsive in helping us.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

Communication in Payroll Jargon Language is not appreciated. Things should always need to be explained thoroughly, you shouldn't always assume that the client said is the same way you think. Why isn't 403B offered for not-for-profit clients, your 401K investment fees are too expensive for our employees to invest?

Reviewed July 26, 2022

While my primary points of contact (Sharnel ** & Melissa **) are amazing and have made a material difference in our experience, the number of errors made by TriNet team members is unacceptable. Two recent examples include an error made by the LOA team that resulted in an employee not receiving any pay for one pay cycle and an error that we are still exploring that incorrectly reduced the balance of Sick time our employees were shown to have accrued. We count on TriNet for support on core functionality that is foundational to our employee's experience and, most importantly, livelihoods. TriNet has not met my expectations in this regard.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Hi Donna, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to look further into any open items you may still need assistance with and will escalate them right away if you can email your company name and contact information to socialmedia@TriNet.com. Additionally, we will share your feedback with our appropriate teams.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 26, 2022

TriNet representatives have always been quick to respond to questions and make sure I have the information I need to make decisions. It doesn't really matter who I've had assist me, they've all been up to speed, friendly to speak with, and knowledgeable.

Reviewed July 26, 2022

I don’t know how I could do my job without TriNet. Our company has grown from 60 employees to over 200 in the past few years, while our HR team has not. I rely on TriNet’s full service. Since TriNet has transitioned to a Shared Service model I do notice delay in response to cases at times, however I always appreciate the support of my client representative.

Price

Reviewed July 26, 2022

After the roll-out two years ago of Connect360 (and the advent of a pandemic) things were a bit chaotic, but it seems, TriNet has persevered. The rollout of new technology and better control of their Connect360 ticketing system has vastly improved their service offerings making their price increases in the Fall of 2021 more palatable.

Reviewed July 20, 2022

My experience with TriNet has been horrible as an employee whose previous employer used to use TriNet. My overall experience has been that they only try to pass the blame rather than actually solving the issue. The customer support chat is useless. They sent my enrollment to my old address six months after the address had been officially changed. When I contacted the customer service he insisted that it was sent to the right address when I haven't even received my enrollment papers in my current address and my old landlord sent me a picture of the letter of enrollment that he received at my old address.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Hi Rama, we apologize for your experience. If you are still experiencing issues, we can escalate this on our end. Please email socialmedia@TriNet.com with your employer name and contact information and we’ll look into it right away.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed June 23, 2022

We joined TriNet in 2018 to be our PEO provider. Their service was often slow, but we had a Customer Account Manager that seemed to care about us. After he left we had several managers, and one or two were great. Then TriNet changed their service model, and service levels really went down. Our final manager was very unresponsive, so if I had issues, I had to follow up for months. We left in early 2022, and I am so glad we did! Our new provider is so great to work with. I'm still trying to get some things resolved from TriNet, and it is very frustrating. In addition, their medical insurance rates were high, as I found out when I started looking for a new vendor. Their payroll processing was fine, but the process was quite rigid and required a long lead time. I do NOT recommend them as a PEO provider.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Hi Susan, we apologize for your frustrations and will share this feedback with the appropriate teams. In the meantime, if you still have unresolved issues, please email socialmedia@TriNet.com and we will escalate them on our end.

Reviewed April 15, 2022

We chose to go with a PEO in order to provide a good benefit solution for our employees. Within the first few weeks with Trinet we ran in to major issues with our payroll, several times we had to wire the money to Trinet because they incorrectly input our bank account. I had employees overcharged for benefits and it seemed every time I would call for assistance no one knew how to help. In addition, there seemed to be hidden fees for every single thing we needed help with. I would NEVER recommend this company.

Customer ServiceEase of Use

Reviewed April 7, 2022

Not only are the day-to-day functions easy to navigate, but when I needed assistance with an HR need, the support I received was amazing! I was able to reach someone on the phone that was very knowledgeable... without getting transferred all of the place.

Punctuality & SpeedEase of Use

Reviewed April 7, 2022

The Trinet System is very easy to use to check payroll, schedule time off, checking vacation time and also going through the hiring process. Overall, I have rated this 5 Stars due to its ease of use and also quickly being able to find what I am looking for.

Reviewed April 7, 2022

Amanda ** has been great. She promptly answers my questions and helps me resolve any issues. I also appreciate that TriNet can help with processing my R&D tax credit into credits on our payroll taxes. The payroll process is almost always easy.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2022

I have had a request in since Mid December to inquire about a GA Unemployment Tax Liability letter I received. I have a case in Trinet. I have repeatedly asked for updates. I have called for updates and have learned nothing in two months. Very frustrating. The case number is **.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Hi Wendy, our records show a member of our team tried to reach out to you on February 16 but haven’t heard back. Please email us at socialmedia@TriNet.com and we can gather the information needed to expedite your issue.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2022

TriNet has made the HR portion of my job so much easier. It is nice to not have to worry about getting the best deals for health care insurance for our employees. TriNet is for sure a great option for smaller business.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to be part of your continued business success!

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2022

Service has significantly improved since we were reassigned a direct contact for our account vs the 360 model. The 360 model was a disaster and the reason we almost terminated our relationship of over a decade. Thank you for going back to a service model that actually offers service we can count on.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Thank you for your feedback and for allowing us to continue to serve your HR needs. We value you as a customer and look forward to providing you with the level of service you have come to expect from us.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2022

We signed up with TriNet hoping to be able to add benefits and use their HR support. Onboarding was great. But that is where the service stopped. Every payroll has a mistake. Good luck trying to reach anyone. Hidden fees were discovered when they charged us 3x or UI rate. They told me that was their “service fee”. They also told us that Work Comp was included. Their definition of included is you pay extra for it. So after 2 months we have our 30 days notice. No one confirmed our cancellation or reached out to us for 20 days. We had to beg for communication. We informed Trinet in writing that we were no longer processing payroll with them. They proceeded to process an inaccurate and unauthorized payroll for over $10,000. All I can say is run. They are not your partner. They will take over, make all kinds of mistakes, and you work for them.

TriNet
Response from TriNet

Hi Eric, we are sorry to hear about your frustration and have shared your feedback with our appropriate internal teams.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

We've only been with TriNet for 1 year and I have to say, I'm beyond unimpressed with their support. A big reason we went with TriNet was a dedicated support person to help us when we needed it. They would get to know our business... Well, what you actually get is nothing more than someone to email or call with your questions and they create a ticket for the person/dept. that can help. I could get past it if anyone ever actually responded. If I didn't continue to follow up I'd never get things completed by the deadlines they set. Payroll function works fine.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2022

I've been working for several companies in the past that used TriNet services, and everything was fine, until the last year. Apparently, they changed their support model, and by changed I mean there's no support anymore at all. There are people that can take your call, file a ticket, and that's where it ends. Nobody is taking care of the tickets, nobody follows up, nobody can tell you any anything except "we've passed it to internal team, wait more and maybe something happens". Imagine not being able to sign for health insurance for weeks because of some internal Trinet screwup, and nobody bothers to even talk to you, let alone fix the problem. That's what Trinet is now. Their support people do not have access to any tools to help the customers, and can't even check the status of the issue. If you value your time and your employees - avoid this company, choose something else.

TriNet Company Information