3.0/5 (171 ratings)

About TriNet

TriNet provides industry-tailored HR solutions to small and midsize businesses with exceptional human resources services.

TriNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TriNet?

Original review: July 26, 2022

While my primary points of contact (Sharnel ** & Melissa **) are amazing and have made a material difference in our experience, the number of errors made by TriNet team members is unacceptable. Two recent examples include an error made by the LOA team that resulted in an employee not receiving any pay for one pay cycle and an error that we are still exploring that incorrectly reduced the balance of Sick time our employees were shown to have accrued. We count on TriNet for support on core functionality that is foundational to our employee's experience and, most importantly, livelihoods. TriNet has not met my expectations in this regard.

TriNet response

Hi Donna, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to look further into any open items you may still need assistance with and will escalate them right away if you can email your company name and contact information to socialmedia@TriNet.com. Additionally, we will share your feedback with our appropriate teams.

Original review: July 26, 2022

TriNet representatives have always been quick to respond to questions and make sure I have the information I need to make decisions. It doesn't really matter who I've had assist me, they've all been up to speed, friendly to speak with, and knowledgeable.

Original review: July 20, 2022

My experience with TriNet has been horrible as an employee whose previous employer used to use TriNet. My overall experience has been that they only try to pass the blame rather than actually solving the issue. The customer support chat is useless. They sent my enrollment to my old address six months after the address had been officially changed. When I contacted the customer service he insisted that it was sent to the right address when I haven't even received my enrollment papers in my current address and my old landlord sent me a picture of the letter of enrollment that he received at my old address.

TriNet response

Hi Rama, we apologize for your experience. If you are still experiencing issues, we can escalate this on our end. Please email socialmedia@TriNet.com with your employer name and contact information and we’ll look into it right away.

Original review: June 23, 2022

We joined TriNet in 2018 to be our PEO provider. Their service was often slow, but we had a Customer Account Manager that seemed to care about us. After he left we had several managers, and one or two were great. Then TriNet changed their service model, and service levels really went down. Our final manager was very unresponsive, so if I had issues, I had to follow up for months. We left in early 2022, and I am so glad we did! Our new provider is so great to work with. I'm still trying to get some things resolved from TriNet, and it is very frustrating. In addition, their medical insurance rates were high, as I found out when I started looking for a new vendor. Their payroll processing was fine, but the process was quite rigid and required a long lead time. I do NOT recommend them as a PEO provider.

TriNet response

Hi Susan, we apologize for your frustrations and will share this feedback with the appropriate teams. In the meantime, if you still have unresolved issues, please email socialmedia@TriNet.com and we will escalate them on our end.

Original review: April 15, 2022

We chose to go with a PEO in order to provide a good benefit solution for our employees. Within the first few weeks with Trinet we ran in to major issues with our payroll, several times we had to wire the money to Trinet because they incorrectly input our bank account. I had employees overcharged for benefits and it seemed every time I would call for assistance no one knew how to help. In addition, there seemed to be hidden fees for every single thing we needed help with. I would NEVER recommend this company.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Not only are the day-to-day functions easy to navigate, but when I needed assistance with an HR need, the support I received was amazing! I was able to reach someone on the phone that was very knowledgeable... without getting transferred all of the place.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Amanda ** has been great. She promptly answers my questions and helps me resolve any issues. I also appreciate that TriNet can help with processing my R&D tax credit into credits on our payroll taxes. The payroll process is almost always easy.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I have had a request in since Mid December to inquire about a GA Unemployment Tax Liability letter I received. I have a case in Trinet. I have repeatedly asked for updates. I have called for updates and have learned nothing in two months. Very frustrating. The case number is **.

TriNet response

Hi Wendy, our records show a member of our team tried to reach out to you on February 16 but haven’t heard back. Please email us at socialmedia@TriNet.com and we can gather the information needed to expedite your issue.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

TriNet has made the HR portion of my job so much easier. It is nice to not have to worry about getting the best deals for health care insurance for our employees. TriNet is for sure a great option for smaller business.

TriNet response

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to be part of your continued business success!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

We signed up with TriNet hoping to be able to add benefits and use their HR support. Onboarding was great. But that is where the service stopped. Every payroll has a mistake. Good luck trying to reach anyone. Hidden fees were discovered when they charged us 3x or UI rate. They told me that was their “service fee”. They also told us that Work Comp was included. Their definition of included is you pay extra for it. So after 2 months we have our 30 days notice. No one confirmed our cancellation or reached out to us for 20 days. We had to beg for communication. We informed Trinet in writing that we were no longer processing payroll with them. They proceeded to process an inaccurate and unauthorized payroll for over $10,000. All I can say is run. They are not your partner. They will take over, make all kinds of mistakes, and you work for them.

TriNet response

Hi Eric, we are sorry to hear about your frustration and have shared your feedback with our appropriate internal teams.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We've only been with TriNet for 1 year and I have to say, I'm beyond unimpressed with their support. A big reason we went with TriNet was a dedicated support person to help us when we needed it. They would get to know our business... Well, what you actually get is nothing more than someone to email or call with your questions and they create a ticket for the person/dept. that can help. I could get past it if anyone ever actually responded. If I didn't continue to follow up I'd never get things completed by the deadlines they set. Payroll function works fine.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I've been working for several companies in the past that used TriNet services, and everything was fine, until the last year. Apparently, they changed their support model, and by changed I mean there's no support anymore at all. There are people that can take your call, file a ticket, and that's where it ends. Nobody is taking care of the tickets, nobody follows up, nobody can tell you any anything except "we've passed it to internal team, wait more and maybe something happens". Imagine not being able to sign for health insurance for weeks because of some internal Trinet screwup, and nobody bothers to even talk to you, let alone fix the problem. That's what Trinet is now. Their support people do not have access to any tools to help the customers, and can't even check the status of the issue. If you value your time and your employees - avoid this company, choose something else.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Trinet discriminates against its employees and future employees for a multitude of reasons. The hiring process is long and inaccurate information is provided by HR, Recruiting, and the Hiring Managers throughout the entire onboarding process.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I loved TriNet last year in 2020 but in 2021 TriNet changed their Customer Service procedures and instead of being able to get someone quickly on the phone, I now need to wait on hold for a while. Just like ADP. Then TriNet lowered their Customer Service procedures and raised their rate in March. Then TriNet started sending marketing emails to our employees. We are happy with TriNet but we were very happy last year. Hopefully, we can stay happy with TriNet.

TriNet response

Hi Robbin, we have received your feedback and will share it with our appropriate internal teams. In the meantime, if you have specific questions or issues we can help address, please email socialmedia@TriNet.com with your company name and best contact info and we'll be happy to help.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I'm happy with the overall service especially the sales Dir. Chris. Even the previous representative is not responsible, the new platform is trying to be more helpful. The 401K customer service overall is good, just need to be more efficient to do some adjustment.

TriNet response

Thank you, Lei, for your feedback and your kind words about Chris. We will share your feedback with our appropriate internal teams.

Original review: May 26, 2021

TriNet makes it easy to onboard new hires and offer a variety of benefits. Our company has grown from 6 to 26 employees over the time we have been with TriNet. It is easy to onboard, adjust salary, and ensure we are compliant with the various states that employees live and work. As a virtual company, TriNet supports our needs.

TriNet response

Congratulations on your growth, Annikki! We are glad to hear about your experience with TriNet and look forward to being part of your continued success.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I emailed our Account Manager regarding a question on parental leave and never hear back. I also emailed through to the general contact email & have not heard back - therefore the timing of this review is probably a bit off. I need to know where to go for resourcing as this is a very different policy/process to our experience with staff and parental leave in New Zealand so I need information to ensure we meet our obligations.

TriNet response

Hi Andrea, we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you can email us at socialmedia@TriNet.com with your full name and company name, we can escalate your issue on our end.

Original review: May 24, 2021

It was fairly easy to set up new employees. To get to the I-9 was a little confusing. There was a lot of clicking to get to the I-9. This process could be streamlined and therefore not be so cumbersome.

TriNet response

Hi Kathleen, thank you for your feedback on your experience. We will share this with our appropriate team.

Original review: May 24, 2021

TriNet has been a great support in our HR needs and always prompt in responding to any questions or requests for support. They were particularly helpful when we were apply for the PPP program, the created easy access templates and had webinars that were very informative.

TriNet response

Hi Kimberly, we appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear we were able to help you navigate the PPP loan process.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Overall, happy with our time at TriNet. The customer service has been good. There have been some hiccups along the way, but they have always been resolved. The only issue right now is the pricing. The TriNet fees (not referring to healthcare) increase every single year and we don't feel that the level of service increases with it.

TriNet response

Thank you, Christie, for allowing us to serve your HR needs. We appreciate your feedback as well and will share with the appropriate internal teams.

Original review: May 24, 2021

TriNet offers excellent customer service from the sales/on-boarding process through employee additions, benefits administration, and special bonus payments. Using TriNet makes being a small business owner easier, as I can focus on growing my business, instead of the administrative work that TriNet does for me. Would heartily recommend them to anyone looking for help.

TriNet response

We appreciate your kind words, David. Freeing you to focus on your business growth is our mission and we look forward to continuing to serve your HR needs.

Original review: May 24, 2021

We have used TriNet for 12 years (since they acquired Gevity whom we had previously used). They handle all our payroll and insurance needs. During COVID, TriNet was extremely helpful with webinars helping to navigate through some difficult times and ever-changing laws. Their customer service personnel have always met our needs.

TriNet response

Hi Kathy, thank you for being a longtime customer! We are glad we have been able to help your business navigate COVID and we look forward to continuing to be part of your success!

Original review: May 24, 2021

As a solo HR practitioner within our startup organization, TriNet has been invaluable to our supporting our benefits, payroll, and compliance strategies and operations. With their highly knowledgeable, responsive reps and vast array of helpful, easy-to-access resources (including videos/webinars) and templates, I have everything instantly needed at my fingertips.

TriNet response

Thank you, Joan, for taking the time to leave your thoughts and for allowing TriNet to serve your company’s HR needs.

Original review: May 24, 2021

The Performance Management tool is okay, but there could be better resources on how to use it. The Expense system could using some updating. I think both Performance Management and Expense could benefit from better resources on how to use. What's in TriNet cloud Helpdesk is not intuitive or very useful.

Hi Kennisha,

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your thoughts with our TriNet Platform team.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We've been using Trinet for about 6 years now, as we grew from 1 employee to 15 employees. Late in 2020, they changed their customer service model away from having a dedicated account service rep to have a mailbox. Since that point, we've been completely unable to get even simple questions answered. All queries are ignored. We're absolutely leaving and, since starting to shop around, have realized that other PEOs provide the same service for less than half the price! We currently pay about $200 per employee per month to Trinet (plus paying for healthcare, etc, etc). Other PEOs (including ADP's PEO, Coadvantage, etc) that I have gotten quotes from are between $100 and $125 for the exact same thing! But they have dedicated account reps. I've also heard that we aren't the only one switching off of Trinet by far. So it seems like it's a sinking ship.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I started using TriNet in 2019 for benefits only as I am a one person business. I did not use the payroll features but this was fine since the benefits were good. At the start of the pandemic, I reached out to my “account manager” asking if payments would be on hold for benefits as no one was working. The AM was rude and callous and told me there was no delay on benefits payments. Even after I said I had no income, she was nasty. I called the person who originally onboarded me to get a new rep. I heard nothing for the rest of the year until this January when they told me my month premiums would be going up by $149. This was fine. I didn’t question it. Until I saw my bill last month. Was more than double my previous bill. They increased my service fee by $850 without telling me.

If I was a large company, this $1000 minimum might not matter but since they are supposed to cater each package to the individual client, it seems odd they would inflict that cost on me when I don’t even use the payroll. And to charge me without a word was outrageous. They also switch es my account manager without so much as word, so when I needed clarification on this, there was no one to speak to who was familiar with my case. I had to keep reexplaining myself and getting different responses. When I reached out to complain to the original onboarding specialist, they were dismissive and didn't really care. It’s a human resource company?! Isn’t part of their job skilled human interaction? I am terminating my account with them and will go with a competitor with a better grasp for communication and customer service. Unless you are a large company, this is not the place for you.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I have been with TriNet since 2018. I was quite happy with them and viewed them as a business partner. They recently moved away from offering a designated person who would help you navigate through the array of services they offer. Now, I get a chat, email or call option (where you sit on hold forever). The emails go unreturned and you have to keep a diary of who you spoke to on what topic and of course, you can never find the same person again for follow up questions or because they didn't follow up. Needless to say, I'm shopping for another company who can provide a more personalized experience. I'm sorry to be leaving, it's a hassle.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have been a TriNet user since 2015. The service provided has been excellent. The passport portal has made improvements and is easy to navigate and process our business. I have had 2 consultants during this period, Krisi ** and Diana ** who have both been responsive, knowledgeable and quite helpful.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Customer service is non-existent. They forgot to complete our autodraft and it caused a disruption in pay. I couldn't get in contact with my assigned account executive to rectify for a week. I ended up getting more traction through the general phone number. Additionally, we've tried to consolidate our systems to TriNet and haven't gotten timely responses. If I'm trying to give you more money and you can't respond in less than a week, that's a problem.

Original review: March 11, 2021

We were happy with TriNet a couple of months ago. Then the customer service was not the same. We were told from one day to the other that our HR rep was going to be a new person. We were never told why. The new person is not very attentive and responds a few days if not weeks later. There have been mistakes on TriNet's side which we had to fix. If there are changes to the Time Off system balances, it takes weeks to correct. Overall from when we started to now, the service has diminished in the HR rep part. Our payroll seems to be okay right now.

TriNet response

Hi Jessica, thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing frustration. Please know we are actively working to ensure you receive the quality of service you have come to expect from us. Please email socialmedia@TriNet.com if there are any outstanding issues we can help escalate.

TriNet Company Information