TriNet

Discover a recommended PEO service now

TriNet

Discover a recommended PEO service now

55 TriNet Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We are a small company that had to cancel because our company went bankrupt. Because we cancelled they don't want to provide us with W2s and other documents. For them it's very easy to pull this out of the system. They refuse to do this.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Any request or questions takes weeks or even months to resolve. The phone reps are not trained to answer many of the questions such as payroll questions or changes. Train your phone reps. They don't care about how urgent the matter is.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

It's now been a week of back and forths with this BS company who doesn't appear to track a single conversation. Different reps continue to ask for the same information that was already submitted. One rep says everything is in order, other reps says more information needed, or random rep asks again for the same damn information already provided. Call, text, email, tweet, carrier pigeon -- doesn't matter. TriNet clearly doesn't give a ** once they have your CC on file. WORST onboarding experience of my life.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This has been the worst payroll company. When they switched us to TriNet Main Street from SOI, what a mess. And on Feb 23rd? Who changes payroll then? WE had to get all the employee info again and WE had to double check things. They still have never carried over all the past info from TRINET SOI, claiming it can't be done. Now I found out 50% of the work comp codes are wrong!!! Ending them this year - never again.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My experience is similar to several other reviewers. I was way oversold what TriNet has delivered. I was charged an onboarding fee, and then I had to do almost all of the work. The one time an employee's information was wrong, I was told that as an administrator I couldn't fix it though I knew the correct information. My most valuable employee was paid late as a result, and she was not happy. I was told that TriNet would make my life easy and deliver "maximum efficiency," I have worked in an international accounting firm and in a global corporation. I have never experienced bureaucracy as bad as TriNet, When will it ever end? My simple advice is stay away from TriNet. You will be disappointed. I wish I had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trinet?

Original review: May 4, 2018

My 15 month nightmare as a customer with TriNet is over! Onboarding was a disaster, the mid-year change in their portal was incomplete and I still am unable to get copies of all of my Payroll Data or Quarterly U.C. reports. Very difficult to find anybody to take ownership of a problem.

Original review: April 27, 2018

They don't seem to know what is FSA eligible and what is not FSA eligible and can't tell the difference between OTC and supplements. They even ask for a Letter of Medical Necessity for mileage to your doctor! They contradict their own published eligibility list when processing claims. If I submit a claim, the chance they would find a reason to not approve is about 90% and the chance that they get it wrong is at least that much. And there is no way to easily rebuke their "decision." Their form puts your claim in limbo so if you are repealing a claim, you pretty much have to resubmit it. If I can give zero or negative stars, I would! TriNet is simply the worst FSA organization I have ever dealt with!

Original review: April 2, 2018

TriNet failed to deduct city state taxes from half of our staff for an entire year. They then denied all responsibility despite failing to follow our W9 instructions and resident locations for tax deductions. Instead of working with us with transparency they simply told us W2Cs would be issued. Their reporting of who was impacted was lazily thrown together and inaccurate, and they lied about the timeline for delivery of these W2Cs causing major issues for our staff's tax reporting. A complete shirking of accountability. We are frequently asked for PEO recommendations and will be sure to broadcast TriNet's wildly unprofessional behavior.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Our company switched to TriNet SOI in 2016, against all of the information I tried to provide and their shady sales techniques at the start. The onboarding process completely derailed the productivity of our office and several employees went without health insurance for weeks. Despite being told they had it. Since then they have two categories of customer service; inexperienced and A+. Getting a superstar to help you at TriNet is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are not available until you are curled up in a corner in the fetal position, sucking, rocking yourself for comfort.

Fast forward to today with the unmerger or whatever they are calling it. Take the previous unaccountable staff and rachet it up to hair-on-fire. It has always been their word against yours and it's even worse now. Because TriNet is a "digital" company, you will not receive a piece of registered mail, email or even a phone call confirmation that an employee was sent time-sensitive information. We continue to be told someone isn't eligible for health insurance because they didn't respond to an imaginary email they claim they sent.

This happens all the time with other HR and employee issues. They claim they emailed you the info, you didn't respond and it's on you. Like you can prove they emailed something, because they certainly cannot. If you want to tarnish the reputation of your company and spend hours mitigating misinformation and negligence, TriNet is your best bet. On a weekly basis it's like knitting a sweater with TriNet behind you pulling it apart. There wasn't an option to give them zero stars.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

If I could give the company a zero, I definitely would. This is the 3rd PEO we have utilized and out of all of them this is the worst (Trinet and SOI). They have extremely poor customer service, lucky if you get a call back within a month. If you are looking to augment your staff, certainly will not happen here. You will end up with more on your plate. We spend an inordinate amount of time following on open/unresolved issues with this company. They are not knowledgeable in employer state tax/labor laws. They will assign you a team that does not communicate with each other so you end up training several Trinet staff on your business. They changed the terms of our agreement without notification. They migrated our company to a new platform and provided little to no migration support. They did not verify the data they migrated. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

TriNet Company Information