3.09/5

Need a virtual receptionist or answering service?

Ruby Receptionists

Need a virtual receptionist or answering service?

Ruby Receptionists Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

They get you with the initial price you are comfortable with but they do not take care of the small business owner. Their raised yearly prices are blamed on other features. I will say their service has been dependable but we are never given a choice to opt out of their increases. NOT HAPPY with their constant raising of prices.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Ruby claims to be higher quality answering service, and charges more per minute for such claims. We record all of our calls and track every minute the call went to their services. We started receiving extremely high bills from them and referred to our internal call tracking system. We found that they we putting 90% of our callers on hold the minute they pick up the phone, which to me is a terrible client experience from the start. They were charging for all of this hold time. They we also charging us for more minutes than they were on the phone.

When we questioned them, their response was that calls were placed on hold so they receptionist could review the company information before every call. It was a clever excuse to say the least, but we were told all of their receptionist would be provided training when setting up the accounts, and already know how to answer the call. I am normally not someone to leave a review but felt it was important to warn other businesses who may not have the same call tracking system in place which allowed us to catch all of the inconsistencies and dishonest tactics Ruby Receptionists was committing.

Get expert buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have used this company for years and years and years, and thought I was always happy with them to the point where I was no longer running tests of my own. Trying to demonstrate the service to a friend, I made a test call. To my surprise, after a long ring time, I was placed on hold, waited some more, and then got a receptionist. To my MUCH GREATER surprise, after some followup with Ruby, I realized I was being billed for not only the receptionist time, but the RINGING and the HOLD TIME. This is wildly unethical. I have used Ruby for a long, long time, but I think a breakup might be imminent. Very unfortunate and rather unethical business practices.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I hired this company. They used to be good, now they grow a lil in size and their customer service drops. My customer called me to speak with me, the call was not transferred to me. It drops, and guess what? Call Ruby has zero information to provide me regarding that customer. Stay away, SUPER RIPOFF COMPANY. STAY AWAY. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. I AM A VERY UNHAPPY ANGRY CUSTOMER.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

The voice on the service was easy to listen to. Real calm and polite. I think that helps with that kind of service. Also helps that the person was able to answer questions that people had. Answering all the questions I had and really understanding me. Then having the correct answer. The person not being of middle eastern background helped because I can't understand them. Their hours were great and they didn't seem to have downtime that would have affected our business. They were always on time and ready to work at any given time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ruby Receptionists?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The call quality is great. I can hear every word clearly and it is great to use in the office. We use this answering service everyday and so far it's great. The reps were very knowledgeable and knew what they were talking about whenever we had a question or problem. They were always friendly and courteous. They always greeted us with a friendly tone. Their responsiveness was quick and to the point. Whenever I needed help, they would tell me the information that I needed in a very timely manner. Their hours of operation are reasonable. They are open pretty early in the morning and remain open until late evening which is works well for my company. They are a great service that I would use over and over again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The call quality was okay. I would recommend this service to companies in the market. I personally feel that person to person is the best thing for companies. I found that the reps are very knowledgeable. They were polite and they were also very professional in everything they said. I was satisfied definitely with that aspect of it. Their rate of responsiveness was high. Even though I've heard people say otherwise at times, I experienced nothing less than stellar service. I would definitely say they know what they are doing. I found that hours of operation were suitable for my needs. I think anyone else would be very satisfied as well with the hours of operation. The time it takes sometimes can be a little off but once again I can't say anything negative about it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The quality of the calls were great. I've never had such of a wonderful experience such as this. When I say quality, I mean top quality. When it comes to industry knowledge with this company, they take the cake. I've tried numerous of call answering services, but I've never seen any that could compare to do. The responsiveness is great and because of this, I use this service as of today. The response is clear and always understandable. I would definitely recommend this to others any day. The hours are great and very, very useful. I am completely satisfied with the hours and I am proud to brag.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I thought that the call quality was very good. We never had any problems to my knowledge. They were very professional and I thought a bargain for all they did for us. I thought their industry knowledge was more than adequate. They helped us with everything that they were supposed to. The responsiveness was very good. They always took the messages in a fashionable time and they were very professional and I would recommend them to anybody that I thought you could use them. For my company their hours were just fine. They matched up well with ours but I could see you with other companies having different hours they might not work but for us it worked.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I was able to be heard clear on the other side. I had absolutely no problem with the signal. It was very dependable and trustworthy for emergency situations. If trouble ever appeared I would be assisted by a patient rep and would feel at ease of my problem being solved as soon as possible. Waiting time was a breeze. They were quick to respond to my questions and did their best to help me with any problems I had for whatever reason. They didn't make me wait like normal reps. The time most definitely met my criteria and schedule. I am very happy with it being the way they present.

Ruby Receptionists expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Serving more than 2,300 businesses and individuals, Ruby Receptionists has focused on providing a human connection to inbound calling since 2003. This company has numerous awards, including the prestigious Fastest Growing Company in Oregon Award, which it has won seven times.

• Tiered pricing: Ruby Receptionists only offers live operators for calling services, so the lowest tier includes 100 receptionist minutes per month, with unlimited talk time after a call is transferred.

• Call transferring: With Ruby Receptionists there to answer calls, businesses can go mobile. Ruby will transfer time-sensitive calls and handle basic inquiries.

• Free trial: Sign up for service and try it free for 21 days. If it doesn't save on the bottom line, there is no commitment.

• Delayed call forwarding: Save on receptionist minutes with a delay on forwarding calls to Ruby. If employees can't answer within three rings, send the call to professional receptionists who can.

• All live answer: Every incoming call during business hours is answered by a professional receptionist. Outside of those hours, Ruby offers a variety of automation options at no charge to its customers.

• Best for: The personal touch at Ruby Receptionists is ideal for contractors and small businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs