Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.93/5

Ruby Receptionists Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ruby Receptionists?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ruby Receptionists?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I reached out to them using their own chat service to request information on receptionist and chat services for legal services. The rep was very nice but refused to pass along my information without a phone number. I provided it, but asked specifically that they not call me unless we scheduled a phone call. I was lead to believe they'd transfer the chat. After no response for 5-8 minutes I read the chat again where essentially I was told they'd get back to me at some vague future time. About 4-5 hours later I received a call from Oregon on my cell which I picked up, the sales guy didn't know how he got my information, and appeared confused and uninvolved. I could go on but the bottom line is: if they can't use their own services effectively how do they expect us to trust our businesses with their services?!?

Original review: July 28, 2020

I signed up with this company and was billed for dates of service spanning 2 weeks prior to joining. They behaved like it was okay to bill me for time that I was not signed up with them. They answered my phone 3 times and once the call went to voicemail. I do not recommend this company.

Get buying tips about Virtual Receptionists and Answering Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

This company has consistently treated me and my patients with professionalism and a friendly attitude. My patients really like calling in. Their customer service was super receptive to helping me word my business's script to avoid any confusions. When covid 19 hit and my business took a major hit, they were super polite about my needing to pause their services. They even waved the fees involved. At no time was my super-small business treated like a burden or like it didn't matter. At no time were my patients greeted by people who didn't speak English well, didn't seem interested in their job, or were too distracted by background voices to hear the patient. I'm really impressed with them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

They get you with the initial price you are comfortable with but they do not take care of the small business owner. Their raised yearly prices are blamed on other features. I will say their service has been dependable but we are never given a choice to opt out of their increases. NOT HAPPY with their constant raising of prices.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Ruby claims to be higher quality answering service, and charges more per minute for such claims. We record all of our calls and track every minute the call went to their services. We started receiving extremely high bills from them and referred to our internal call tracking system. We found that they we putting 90% of our callers on hold the minute they pick up the phone, which to me is a terrible client experience from the start. They were charging for all of this hold time. They we also charging us for more minutes than they were on the phone.

When we questioned them, their response was that calls were placed on hold so they receptionist could review the company information before every call. It was a clever excuse to say the least, but we were told all of their receptionist would be provided training when setting up the accounts, and already know how to answer the call. I am normally not someone to leave a review but felt it was important to warn other businesses who may not have the same call tracking system in place which allowed us to catch all of the inconsistencies and dishonest tactics Ruby Receptionists was committing.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have used this company for years and years and years, and thought I was always happy with them to the point where I was no longer running tests of my own. Trying to demonstrate the service to a friend, I made a test call. To my surprise, after a long ring time, I was placed on hold, waited some more, and then got a receptionist. To my MUCH GREATER surprise, after some followup with Ruby, I realized I was being billed for not only the receptionist time, but the RINGING and the HOLD TIME. This is wildly unethical. I have used Ruby for a long, long time, but I think a breakup might be imminent. Very unfortunate and rather unethical business practices.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I hired this company. They used to be good, now they grow a lil in size and their customer service drops. My customer called me to speak with me, the call was not transferred to me. It drops, and guess what? Call Ruby has zero information to provide me regarding that customer. Stay away, SUPER RIPOFF COMPANY. STAY AWAY. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. I AM A VERY UNHAPPY ANGRY CUSTOMER.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

The voice on the service was easy to listen to. Real calm and polite. I think that helps with that kind of service. Also helps that the person was able to answer questions that people had. Answering all the questions I had and really understanding me. Then having the correct answer. The person not being of middle eastern background helped because I can't understand them. Their hours were great and they didn't seem to have downtime that would have affected our business. They were always on time and ready to work at any given time.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The call quality is great. I can hear every word clearly and it is great to use in the office. We use this answering service everyday and so far it's great. The reps were very knowledgeable and knew what they were talking about whenever we had a question or problem. They were always friendly and courteous. They always greeted us with a friendly tone. Their responsiveness was quick and to the point. Whenever I needed help, they would tell me the information that I needed in a very timely manner. Their hours of operation are reasonable. They are open pretty early in the morning and remain open until late evening which is works well for my company. They are a great service that I would use over and over again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The call quality was okay. I would recommend this service to companies in the market. I personally feel that person to person is the best thing for companies. I found that the reps are very knowledgeable. They were polite and they were also very professional in everything they said. I was satisfied definitely with that aspect of it. Their rate of responsiveness was high. Even though I've heard people say otherwise at times, I experienced nothing less than stellar service. I would definitely say they know what they are doing. I found that hours of operation were suitable for my needs. I think anyone else would be very satisfied as well with the hours of operation. The time it takes sometimes can be a little off but once again I can't say anything negative about it.

Ruby Receptionists author review by ConsumerAffairs

Serving more than 2,300 businesses and individuals, Ruby Receptionists has focused on providing a human connection to inbound calling since 2003. This company has numerous awards, including the prestigious Fastest Growing Company in Oregon Award, which it has won seven times.

• Tiered pricing: Ruby Receptionists only offers live operators for calling services, so the lowest tier includes 100 receptionist minutes per month, with unlimited talk time after a call is transferred.

• Call transferring: With Ruby Receptionists there to answer calls, businesses can go mobile. Ruby will transfer time-sensitive calls and handle basic inquiries.

• Free trial: Sign up for service and try it free for 21 days. If it doesn't save on the bottom line, there is no commitment.

• Delayed call forwarding: Save on receptionist minutes with a delay on forwarding calls to Ruby. If employees can't answer within three rings, send the call to professional receptionists who can.

• All live answer: Every incoming call during business hours is answered by a professional receptionist. Outside of those hours, Ruby offers a variety of automation options at no charge to its customers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team