1.67/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

81 Leaders Merchant Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

If you want money taken from your account, this company is for YOU!! I am a seasonal business and use their clover machines (which I loved). However, before making any decisions I told them I'm a food truck and only run 4-5 months out of the year. Will I be charged for the other 7-8 months. I was told no! I have been fighting with them to get reimbursed since October 2018 (4 months) I still have received a dime back. Charging for clover rental they received back, charged for CC processing I haven't made one since Oct. 1st, and purchases I have never made. They have taken $492.68 for services I did not use. I have been promised for the past 4 month I would get reimbursed and they keep taking money out of me.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

If you fancy hidden fees, lack of communication, and poor customer service this credit card company is for you! In all seriousness this is the slimiest company I have ever dealt with! There is good a good reason for so many bad reviews. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I started trying to get service the 16th of November and now the middle of Jan. 2019 and still no service. I have made thirteen phone calls (30 plus min each time) and can not get anyone so I leave phone number and never get a callback. I was given a merchant number and nothing else. No equipment. Nothing. I emailed to two addresses and had them returned bad address and a third one went through but no response. Now I am getting a charge of 56.50 for processing fees and I don't even have equipment to take cards with, we lost all of December sales. I sent an email again and said, "Forget it. Cram this account up your **," and still haven't got a response from them. The worst company I have ever tried to do business with, stay away. They are crooks period!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have a very small company and signed up for credit processing at Leaders Merchant Services and it took 3 weeks to receive and any processing material. I then made over 8 phone calls over 2 weeks to ask for help on using the equipment. Was on hold in excess of 30 minutes each time with no contact. After calling the sales person that I had felt with he promised a return call from a technician which never came. I then called to cancel my account, which had never been activated and never used...READ THE FINE PRINT. I was then charged $350 to cancel and $15 for equipment which I had sent back. The service is the worst of any company I have ever felt with!!! The only time you will get someone to answer the phone is if it's a sales person...zero follow-up and zero tech support.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Very reliable company! The Clover is perfect for my local window cleaning business! I was able to customize it according to my business needs! I was a little bit reluctant to make the switch to credit card processing, but I’m happy I did. My business has really benefited from having an all-in-one point of sales terminal. My customers seem to really appreciate it too!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leaders Merchant Services?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Why has this company is still allowed to do business. We got rid of these con artists back in 2012 the second we got approved. 6 years later and they are still trying to scam people. You people need to contact the attorney general's office and the federal trade commission on these crooks! We did one day of, perhaps 1 hour with these scumbags until we got rid of them. They would approve you without any problems and the second you start charging credit cards with refused to release the money into your bank account.

If these scumbags hold your funds and you get a chargeback, you're not legally responsible for it. You were never paid by Leaders so don't let them try to stick you with fees that they con you into thinking it was your fault or you signed something. The next day we went with another processor and since then we have been doing business with them. But the next day we had our attornies send a certified letter to Leaders saying if you don't release the money back to the customers you're going to get sued. Lo and behold it took a court of law to get it done.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Do not use this service, total scam!!! Misrepresented information given to customers. When I found out about charges being stolen from my account, I called them and said this was not the arrangement the rep. explained to me. So I canceled my account, then got a 350.00 cancellation fee!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The reps must work on commission, it's the only way. This seem why they lie to you about the services.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

If you value your company stay away from these cowards. They will tell you what you want to hear in the beginning then hit you with ungodly hidden fees that will just baffle you. And when you try to call to ask why they will tell you if you don’t like it you can pay the $350 early cancellation fees that were never mentioned by the coward salespeople. There are several thousands of reviews of how this POS company work. Please stay away. Do yourself and your business a favor.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I set up this account and advise that I was a nonprofit and would only use 3 months out of the year. He told me I could get all fees waived since non profit. I sent in all the paperwork while on the phone with him. He advised that he had all fees waived and the only fees I would be charged was when a card was scanned. I had the account opened 3 months, without use, when the charges started. I was charged $17 inactive fee and $10 for equipment rental. I called the rep many times and he wouldn't take my calls and wouldn't return my voicemails or emails. In October, I finally got someone on the phone that agreed to refund my money. I had paid $216. they refunded $51.

After having this account open 11 months, this account had never been used. I had never been helped on how to set it up!!! I told them I wanted to cancel the account because Mike ** had promised me no fees which was a lie, had promised that someone would help me set up everything and now refused to speak with me. I wasn't refunded all of the money as promised and just wanted to be finished with them. I have not spoken to a single truthful person at this company since the beginning.

They received my closure form on 11-09-18 and said it would take 3 to 5 days to close my account. They kept the account opened until 11-20-18 while charging my account once again for equipment rental on 11-19-18. Then charged me $350 cancellation fee on 11-21-18. There were no fees listed on the one pager that was sent to me nor anything verbally. I just called Leaders to get the money refunded. The guy I spoke with said he doesn't care what anyone verbally promised me, they could promise me anything. Their policy is to charge the customer $350 when they close accounts. If he wanted to credit my account, he couldn't because the account has been closed. They are a ripoff. Please do not give this company a chance. You will suffer so much stress, anxiety and loss of money if you do.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I didn't realize how much of an asset a merchant service provider could be until now. I signed up with Leaders two months ago and they provided equipment upon approval. Everything has been working great and my customers have actually noticed a change in my business. Speedy transactions and much more efficient sales. This is exactly what I needed for my small business. Not only have I seen improvements in the way my company is running, I feel like I have a dependable business partner with Leaders. They have made it a priority to do whatever they can to help my business grow!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Excellent rates for a merchant service company. Through my research, I found that Leaders had the best rates for their service and products. I decided to give them a shot and I was approved that same day. A customer service representative gave me all the information I needed through the contract and assured me he would be available for any questions I had in the future. One month later and I can honestly say I am content! Great products and even better customer service!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I am in the exact situation as my fellow people that have written reviews. Please DO NOT choose this company! They are DISHONEST and told me lies just to sign me up with their company. They took $450 dollars from which includes “PCI compliant yearly fee”. Mind you I only was set up for 1 1/2 months after became PCI compliant and they would not refund me the $129 that was charged unknowingly (was not with them the year). They charged me $5.95 as a “service fee” after I even purchased my card reader once again was not EXPLAINED. I was only with this company for 4 Months and every month I called this company regarding a new complaint because they were taking money from my account due to their “fees” that was not EXPLAINED at the time of joining.

NO ONE said there was a CONTRACT you will be in and NO ONE said there will be a termination fee $350!!! After I cancelled the service fee days later BAM! $350 was taken from my account!!! I called once again and all they said was “ma’am those are fees that we cannot refund you” THIS COMPANY IS SUCH A RIP OFF! Run from these people. Please don’t sign up cause they will take every last penny from you just like they did me. I am very upset and this has even cause me health issues. I can’t believe how businesses can be like this! I am with that last person that mentioned about filing a class action law suit! I’d love to put this business out to end them from robbing poor other people are trying to run an honest business such as ourselves. What can we do about this??!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

As all the others reviewers, I’ve been stung with the shady contract with “no termination fee, just return the device” and no explicit contract to sign under. They used my signature from the application. I got hit with weird payments taken without warning from my account and when I got upset and terminated, the famous $350 fee they swore would never happen. Then I filed a claim with BBB and in their answer they admitted their lies. Still declined any refund. Does anybody want to join in a class action to get all our money back and close this rat's hole in the business world for good?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Leaders is a company with no moral compass and I am sure they are tap dancing with illegal practices. They scammed and stole money from me and I am not going away until ALL the money is replaced. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. RUN!!! This all has been a nightmare and so discouraging for a small business owners. I'm just glad I caught on to their unethical tactics before it was really too late. They electronically sign your name without your knowledge to scheme you into a contract. They scheme you with all the things you want to hear then will lie to your face but won't put anything in writing except a bogus contract that apparently you don't really have to sign.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had Leaders for 3 months and was charge over $600 with only $1500 in transactions. Over 40% in fees that I was not informed about via text, email, voice calls, or documentation. I was told no contract and I could cancel anytime then charged a $350 cancellation fee. I don’t recommend them with all the lies they tell and according to all the other reviews on here I’m not the only one. I also left reviews on Google and will be filing a claim with BBB and civil suit. This is wrong with what this company is doing to small business who want to grow and provide merchant service for their customers. We should not be lied to and spoofed out of the hard earned money we earned. I don’t know how they are spoken about high ratings with this kind of business practices. If you’ve left a review follow up with BBB in hopes that they can help ** this company down.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Do not be con by these people. I open account and ended because of poor customer service. Was hit with a $350 cancellation fee. How do a account turn into a contract. That I was totally unaware of. They scam people for sure and they need to be stopped.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Don't fall for the scam this place had going on. I didn't do my research first like I should've. Got on with them and waited 2 weeks for the Bluetooth reader. Called them up and they couldn't find any record of the reader being sent out despite the fee being charged to my bank account. After all this I got a funny feeling about this place. Decided to read reviews. Terrified about what I found. Huge cancellation fee. Wasn't told I was entering a 3 yr contract. Hadn't even received a single payment through them yet. Called to cancel and yup all the reviews were right. It's the same story. They tell you all the right things and fail to mention the contract the fees. Save yourself the time and money. Get another provider. I should've stayed with Square. At least they don't have hidden fees and cancellation fees. Big disappointment. Steer clear of this scam.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Sales rep. did not disclose anything to me. I told him I was new at this and what is the process. He could of told me that I was entering on a 3 year contract. He told me I would not have a monthly service fee. They charged me $34 for the past three months. I called several times to get $34 reverse charged to me since August 2018 and they would only give me back $15. At this point I have not used their service and will not use them. Now I can't get out of this contract. But I'm not giving up, I will continue to write to them. Please do not do business with Leaders Merchant Services.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

These people are crooks period. They will charge you hidden fees and tell you that you are responsible to go to some portal. They never mention to see what fees they are charging you. They are rude, not helpful and have an awful attitude. I've been hung up on, put on hold 15+ mins, been yelled at. Managers won't get on the phone to rectify problems. They tell you one thing and do another. Super shady! You are better off going with a bank that is reputable than these people. The worst choice I've ever made. Michael ** is a snake. Johnathan ** does not have a backbone. Evelyn **, Liz and Nicole have the most obnoxious attitudes I've ever encountered and Desiree ** does not know her job.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

If you are looking for a merchant service provider and you want to save your money I would recommend Leaders. Very affordable option for a startup business! Of course I did my research beforehand and I am happy I did. I no longer have to struggle through each transaction for my customers. The POS system provided has saved me so much time and headache! Great work guys!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My business has really benefited from Leaders! I have been able to expand my customer transactions for retail and online processing, which is great! Rates are very competitive (as low as 15%) and credit card processing is secure and fast. I’m pretty happy with my overall experience with them!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I want to say, I do love my Clover! They are not at fault. Once I cancel I will have to find another company that carries the device. I cannot believe I fell for this Leaders!!! I never write reviews EVER, but had to in this case. I am so upset. I am a new small business that have been trying to find the right processing company for my business. I Googled top Merchant companies and Leaders was at the top! Not sure how! Unbelievable! Anthony ** was amazing right up until I was approved for the device and now I can't get a response to a simple email. I was on hold one day for over 20 minutes because EVERY TIME I call there is high call volume.

I called today because I wanted to know where my next day deposit was. Once I finally got someone on the phone because Anthony never responded, I was informed that my deposits would be 48 hours later and that could not be changed because I was new! As it turns out, the turnaround time is actually more than 48 hours, because they first have to verify THEN authorize! It was written in my contract that I can cancel anytime, I guess that is going to be bullcrap too from the other reviews I read!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

74 pg agreement & Weeks later, we still had not received our credit card reader; yet we were charged for them immediately. Multiple emails and phone calls, hold times 15+ min. Enough already ~ we're done!

Original review: July 31, 2018

They advertised lowest fees, no monthly fees, no contract... sounded good. We never finished the set up process because they were impossible to get on the phone - finally got someone and told them to forget it. It took me 3 months to realize they had been taking money out of my checking account (unauthorized) for a total of about $400. Had to close my account. Now they are demanding the return of "equipment" we never received... Blatant thievery. Stick with the Square! We surely will.

Original review: July 26, 2018

RUN AS FAR OUT AS YOU CAN! You will be burned, they will take money out of your account! Kimberly ** Account Executive / will tell you that you got lowest rates on the market!!! And when you will find out few months later that they have been taking thousands from you, some other ** salesman will tell you that all CC you processed were "non qualified", therefore 6-12% is what they have charged you! RUN!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

This company will charge you for not meeting credit card quotas they assign to you regardless of the business owner stating they did not want any quotas to meet. Trying to get hold of this company is a nightmare, and Victoria is a complete liar. When I set this up, I did not know I was being put on a contract, and that there was a term I had to meet so as not to get charged all these assessments. I am in the hole by $440 so far in just 2 short months because Mickey ** set me up to meet $2000 to $10000 in credit card charges. I was unable to meet these and have 2 charges of over $40. Now they are also charging me $350 for cancellation fees of a contract I never signed. Good luck to all of you who give this company a try. Fair warning, do not trust Mickey ** or Victoria, and Ian has no customer service skills whatsoever.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I was looking for company to process credit cards. When I called Leaders salesperson Anthony told me 1. Cc process fees will be 1.99% top plus $0.19 per transaction. 2. If I don't process payments during a month they will charge me $10 fee to keep account up. 3. I can cancel my account anytime or close for season (as we are seasonal business) without fees. I took notes. Based of that information I signed up as it looked better than other 2 companies I was comparing. When it was up and running we did test of $0.01 and I processed customer payment of $4000. I saw charge of $79.60 which seemed pretty reasonable. To my surprise later in a month I got charged another $103 with total of $182.77 which is definitely more than 1.99% promised.

I called customer service (I Access ) as I think leaders merchant only talks to you when they sell you services. I was told that everything that sales agent told me is a LIE - my fees vary by card and there are tons of other fees on statement which I was not advised about. Also if I don't use it for a month I will be charged $40 plus other fees – again not that I was told. At this point I asked to close my account due to misinformation. I was told I signed a contract for 3 years! Sales agent didnt tell me? I would never went with Leaders if this was the case!

Customer service agent advised they will do research and listen to the call and call me back. Week later - no call, I call again asking to talk to supervisor/manager. They won't let me. Sate (representative) advised me it's escalated to main office (why can't I talk to them?) and she will email me closure form to fill out and will call me back. Another 4 days going by no email/no call. I tried calling today as website says they are open on weekends but phone system says they are closed. Two weeks later I spoke to Andrew who advised me they don’t care what was said verbally to me. I signed contract and that’s it. They can't waive fees. No one takes in consideration all false misinformation I received and part that sales agent didn’t tell me. I will sign contract and will pay fees to cancel my account earlier. If you are looking for merchant services - don't go with LEADERS!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased the clover through this company and they omitted all the important things when signing you up for their services. Like they can hold your funds for a period of time before releasing them to you. They say that you can cancel at any time and you have a 30 days buyers remorse period but when you go to cancel the services within that time frame they say all purchase are final and there are no refunds. These credit card companies are a ripoff and if you are looking for a merchant account services you should go through who you bank with. Don't use any of these scam artists like Leaders Merchant Services!!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Signing up with Leaders Merchant Services was extremely easy to do, considering the fact that TWO of our neighbors work them! Our bookstore is located right in the middle of Fort Myers strip malls next to a nail salon and a cookie shop. Both neighboring businesses have never complained about Leaders once! The nail salon has the Clover Flex and the cookie shop has the Clover Station. We also went with the Clover Station to better fit our customer's needs. We're even connected to Apple Pay. These millennials are all about it so we had to get it to keep up with them. It's been hard these past couple years to keep the business alive, but with recent changes in our merchant processing services, the people haven't been afraid to buy! Thanks, Leaders Merchant Services for the cool new and easy to use Clover Station!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Be aware of Leaders Merchant Services. They will keep calling you every day to open up the account. Once it’s open forget about it. All drama & game starts. They Will lie all the time. Save your money & $350 cancellation fee from this thieves. Go with well known company. None of them from internet. They are bunch of repos. They pay internet providers to get 4 star or 5 star status but it’s all lie so save your hard earned dollars.

Leaders Merchant Services Company Information