1.44/5

68 Leaders Merchant Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Leaders is a company with no moral compass and I am sure they are tap dancing with illegal practices. They scammed and stole money from me and I am not going away until ALL the money is replaced. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. RUN!!! This all has been a nightmare and so discouraging for a small business owners. I'm just glad I caught on to their unethical tactics before it was really too late. They electronically sign your name without your knowledge to scheme you into a contract. They scheme you with all the things you want to hear then will lie to your face but won't put anything in writing except a bogus contract that apparently you don't really have to sign.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I had Leaders for 3 months and was charge over $600 with only $1500 in transactions. Over 40% in fees that I was not informed about via text, email, voice calls, or documentation. I was told no contract and I could cancel anytime then charged a $350 cancellation fee. I don’t recommend them with all the lies they tell and according to all the other reviews on here I’m not the only one. I also left reviews on Google and will be filing a claim with BBB and civil suit. This is wrong with what this company is doing to small business who want to grow and provide merchant service for their customers. We should not be lied to and spoofed out of the hard earned money we earned. I don’t know how they are spoken about high ratings with this kind of business practices. If you’ve left a review follow up with BBB in hopes that they can help ** this company down.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Do not be con by these people. I open account and ended because of poor customer service. Was hit with a $350 cancellation fee. How do a account turn into a contract. That I was totally unaware of. They scam people for sure and they need to be stopped.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Don't fall for the scam this place had going on. I didn't do my research first like I should've. Got on with them and waited 2 weeks for the Bluetooth reader. Called them up and they couldn't find any record of the reader being sent out despite the fee being charged to my bank account. After all this I got a funny feeling about this place. Decided to read reviews. Terrified about what I found. Huge cancellation fee. Wasn't told I was entering a 3 yr contract. Hadn't even received a single payment through them yet. Called to cancel and yup all the reviews were right. It's the same story. They tell you all the right things and fail to mention the contract the fees. Save yourself the time and money. Get another provider. I should've stayed with Square. At least they don't have hidden fees and cancellation fees. Big disappointment. Steer clear of this scam.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Sales rep. did not disclose anything to me. I told him I was new at this and what is the process. He could of told me that I was entering on a 3 year contract. He told me I would not have a monthly service fee. They charged me $34 for the past three months. I called several times to get $34 reverse charged to me since August 2018 and they would only give me back $15. At this point I have not used their service and will not use them. Now I can't get out of this contract. But I'm not giving up, I will continue to write to them. Please do not do business with Leaders Merchant Services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leaders Merchant Services?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

These people are crooks period. They will charge you hidden fees and tell you that you are responsible to go to some portal. They never mention to see what fees they are charging you. They are rude, not helpful and have an awful attitude. I've been hung up on, put on hold 15+ mins, been yelled at. Managers won't get on the phone to rectify problems. They tell you one thing and do another. Super shady! You are better off going with a bank that is reputable than these people. The worst choice I've ever made. Michael ** is a snake. Johnathan ** does not have a backbone. Evelyn **, Liz and Nicole have the most obnoxious attitudes I've ever encountered and Desiree ** does not know her job.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

If you are looking for a merchant service provider and you want to save your money I would recommend Leaders. Very affordable option for a startup business! Of course I did my research beforehand and I am happy I did. I no longer have to struggle through each transaction for my customers. The POS system provided has saved me so much time and headache! Great work guys!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

My business has really benefited from Leaders! I have been able to expand my customer transactions for retail and online processing, which is great! Rates are very competitive (as low as 15%) and credit card processing is secure and fast. I’m pretty happy with my overall experience with them!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I want to say, I do love my Clover! They are not at fault. Once I cancel I will have to find another company that carries the device. I cannot believe I fell for this Leaders!!! I never write reviews EVER, but had to in this case. I am so upset. I am a new small business that have been trying to find the right processing company for my business. I Googled top Merchant companies and Leaders was at the top! Not sure how! Unbelievable! Anthony ** was amazing right up until I was approved for the device and now I can't get a response to a simple email. I was on hold one day for over 20 minutes because EVERY TIME I call there is high call volume.

I called today because I wanted to know where my next day deposit was. Once I finally got someone on the phone because Anthony never responded, I was informed that my deposits would be 48 hours later and that could not be changed because I was new! As it turns out, the turnaround time is actually more than 48 hours, because they first have to verify THEN authorize! It was written in my contract that I can cancel anytime, I guess that is going to be bullcrap too from the other reviews I read!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

74 pg agreement & Weeks later, we still had not received our credit card reader; yet we were charged for them immediately. Multiple emails and phone calls, hold times 15+ min. Enough already ~ we're done!

Original review: July 31, 2018

They advertised lowest fees, no monthly fees, no contract... sounded good. We never finished the set up process because they were impossible to get on the phone - finally got someone and told them to forget it. It took me 3 months to realize they had been taking money out of my checking account (unauthorized) for a total of about $400. Had to close my account. Now they are demanding the return of "equipment" we never received... Blatant thievery. Stick with the Square! We surely will.

Original review: July 26, 2018

RUN AS FAR OUT AS YOU CAN! You will be burned, they will take money out of your account! Kimberly ** Account Executive / will tell you that you got lowest rates on the market!!! And when you will find out few months later that they have been taking thousands from you, some other ** salesman will tell you that all CC you processed were "non qualified", therefore 6-12% is what they have charged you! RUN!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

This company will charge you for not meeting credit card quotas they assign to you regardless of the business owner stating they did not want any quotas to meet. Trying to get hold of this company is a nightmare, and Victoria is a complete liar. When I set this up, I did not know I was being put on a contract, and that there was a term I had to meet so as not to get charged all these assessments. I am in the hole by $440 so far in just 2 short months because Mickey ** set me up to meet $2000 to $10000 in credit card charges. I was unable to meet these and have 2 charges of over $40. Now they are also charging me $350 for cancellation fees of a contract I never signed. Good luck to all of you who give this company a try. Fair warning, do not trust Mickey ** or Victoria, and Ian has no customer service skills whatsoever.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I was looking for company to process credit cards. When I called Leaders salesperson Anthony told me 1. Cc process fees will be 1.99% top plus $0.19 per transaction. 2. If I don't process payments during a month they will charge me $10 fee to keep account up. 3. I can cancel my account anytime or close for season (as we are seasonal business) without fees. I took notes. Based of that information I signed up as it looked better than other 2 companies I was comparing. When it was up and running we did test of $0.01 and I processed customer payment of $4000. I saw charge of $79.60 which seemed pretty reasonable. To my surprise later in a month I got charged another $103 with total of $182.77 which is definitely more than 1.99% promised.

I called customer service (I Access ) as I think leaders merchant only talks to you when they sell you services. I was told that everything that sales agent told me is a LIE - my fees vary by card and there are tons of other fees on statement which I was not advised about. Also if I don't use it for a month I will be charged $40 plus other fees – again not that I was told. At this point I asked to close my account due to misinformation. I was told I signed a contract for 3 years! Sales agent didnt tell me? I would never went with Leaders if this was the case!

Customer service agent advised they will do research and listen to the call and call me back. Week later - no call, I call again asking to talk to supervisor/manager. They won't let me. Sate (representative) advised me it's escalated to main office (why can't I talk to them?) and she will email me closure form to fill out and will call me back. Another 4 days going by no email/no call. I tried calling today as website says they are open on weekends but phone system says they are closed. Two weeks later I spoke to Andrew who advised me they don’t care what was said verbally to me. I signed contract and that’s it. They can't waive fees. No one takes in consideration all false misinformation I received and part that sales agent didn’t tell me. I will sign contract and will pay fees to cancel my account earlier. If you are looking for merchant services - don't go with LEADERS!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased the clover through this company and they omitted all the important things when signing you up for their services. Like they can hold your funds for a period of time before releasing them to you. They say that you can cancel at any time and you have a 30 days buyers remorse period but when you go to cancel the services within that time frame they say all purchase are final and there are no refunds. These credit card companies are a ripoff and if you are looking for a merchant account services you should go through who you bank with. Don't use any of these scam artists like Leaders Merchant Services!!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Signing up with Leaders Merchant Services was extremely easy to do, considering the fact that TWO of our neighbors work them! Our bookstore is located right in the middle of Fort Myers strip malls next to a nail salon and a cookie shop. Both neighboring businesses have never complained about Leaders once! The nail salon has the Clover Flex and the cookie shop has the Clover Station. We also went with the Clover Station to better fit our customer's needs. We're even connected to Apple Pay. These millennials are all about it so we had to get it to keep up with them. It's been hard these past couple years to keep the business alive, but with recent changes in our merchant processing services, the people haven't been afraid to buy! Thanks, Leaders Merchant Services for the cool new and easy to use Clover Station!

Original review: May 24, 2018

Be aware of Leaders Merchant Services. They will keep calling you every day to open up the account. Once it’s open forget about it. All drama & game starts. They Will lie all the time. Save your money & $350 cancellation fee from this thieves. Go with well known company. None of them from internet. They are bunch of repos. They pay internet providers to get 4 star or 5 star status but it’s all lie so save your hard earned dollars.

Original review: May 22, 2018

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I bought a clover station for my retail and 1 month after they cancel my account because most of my customer are oversea and are using international credit card and RISK MANAGEMENT decided to close my account without any chance to me to find another company. As my account was subtly cancelled, I don't have any option to receive payment from my customers. The quick solution that I found in order do not stop my business was create a SQUARE account to accept credit card while I'm fighting to return the CLOVER STATION that now is a garbage for me since I cannot use anywhere else. Very unprofessional what they did to me. Never again I'll buy from them. iPayment is the company that owns Leaders Merchant and the sales guy that sold the machine to me easily said "Sorry man I cannot do anything for you."

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have not had a pleasant experience with Leaders Merchant. I have the original quotes from them promising the lowest rates across all competitors for credit card processing, no hidden fees, easy processing, etc. First, from consumer to my back account took 5 days. 2nd, the fees were much higher than originally quoted with all kinds of add on fees. Thirdly, my account had been open for less than a month and I was charged a $350 cancellation fee that was mentioned nowhere in any correspondence with any person in any conversation or email regarding cancellation. I am a small business. $136 in credit card payments cost me $400. If you are a small business, do not sign up with this company.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I started a small business about 8 months. 90 days in there started to appear crazy fees and every credit card swipe was coming in as NON Qual. If you don't know what that is, please have someone explain that. They set you up with really low rates for tier 1 of your credit card rate but be assured you will never see that. I have tried to cancel for the last 4 months and they keep hitting me for over $300 a month even though I stopped using their credit card processing in February. Worst service for a small business. Don't use them.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was told there was no contract. I was told the terminal was free. I was told lower percentages than that which I received. ALSO, they don't send you statements - you have to access them online and PAY FOR THEM. I've been being charged $40/mo terminal fee. There is a 3 year contract that automatically renews. Random fees for month end charge $25.88, less discount paid $60.72, random fee $168.95, additional fees $129.00, and on and on. Also, it is impossible to get through to someone in customer service. SO, it pretty much is the same as everyone else has written here. Although they say they are the top rated on the internet...I'm quite sure they purchased that rating with everybody's erroneous fees!

Original review: March 30, 2018

These crooks are just that, CROOKS, they claim to come charge you $9.99 a month, it's a LIE, they charge you $9.99 a month plus $30 a month if you don't meet a monthly quota, plus 1.5% off each transaction and allow transaction to approve then decline after the sale, and here's the best part, after you realize they're a scam and cancel your account, they proceed to attempt to ** your bank account for $350, thank God I got my bank to return the charge, and close my account. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I would give them a zero if that were an option. This company's salesperson is possibly the most dishonest individual I have ever spoken to in retaining services of any kind. Their salesperson told me over the telephone how their fees are low by industry standards, and that they have no long-term contract, so I could leave at any time without charge. After the sales pitch, they send you a very short agreement over the Internet for your online signature. In the small print, they reference a "Guide" that you will be receiving once you've signed up. AFTER you have engaged them, you receive a 64 page "Guide" chock full of fees which were never discussed by their salesperson, including a $350 fee if you discontinue their services. So far, their "low" fees have averaged approximately 6% of my total receipts. I wouldn't wish this company on anyone.

Original review: March 26, 2018

After I attempted to discuss an application with the sales agent Josh **, I was issued an acct #. Having no idea that they used that as an actual contract with me, I tried to have many mistakes and extra charges that were not discussed in the initial conversation. I called the customer relations line and spoke to Cassandra who said that I would have to do the work with some 3rd party vendor to make these corrections even though it was not my mistake. At that time, I was concerned about fraud and asked to have the application shut down.

Then I tried re-opening a new application, this time with the correct information. The next day, I found a $350.00 cancellation fee on my bank account. I immediately called customer relations and Cassandra interrogated me, just adding insult to injury with her condescending attitude and arrogance that I should have to bear the burden of correcting mistakes that their company made. All I wanted was to have them close out any business relationship they think they might have with me. I also asked to speak to a supervisor as to how on earth does an electronic signature make it to a contract I never signed? This company is criminal and takes no accountability for their actions. Again, I was never satisfied with the application process and therefore would never sign for something I did not agree with.

I had asked for the first attempt at an account to shut it all down and after a day's thought asked to try to start over with the correct information and congruent rates to what the first agent had tried selling me on. The day after I attempted to try one more time to open a proper account, meaning one that I have approved of and agree on, I received a $350.00 cancel fee on my bank account. Clearly, after that I am certain that I do not want to have any relationship with your company at all. Unfortunately, this whole operation appears to be dishonest, corrupt and deceitful.

My guess is that the first agent (Josh **) I spoke to who, on the first 3 questions he asked me over the phone was 1. my name 2. my address and 3. my routing number and bank account number. That was my first clue of what appears to be fraud and who I suspect prepared an electronic signature on my behalf for a completed sale. In hindsight, I can see now how I could have protected myself by insisting he wait until a contract has been signed before securing my bank information. Thank you.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I closed my account two years ago. They automatically take $80 each month from my bank account, I called them several times, or can't change them and they always transfer money from bank account automatically, I ask my bank branch to reopen a new bank account, I thought this would be over, but after two months, I received a letter from a debt collection company. I wrote this review after I paid the debt collection company’s money. I hope everyone will not be deceived.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Run! In my opinion, this company is highly unethical, and would be better named MISleaders Merchant Services. I closed my account with them two months ago, and closed out the associated gateway, so they can't possibly even process a charge for me, and yet, they took $164 from my bank account today for various junk fees and an annual "account fee." They claim they never received my account closure form. When I asked them how to make SURE that they get it this time, all I got was a bunch of mumbling about 7 business days and "will be submitted for review".

Do a Google search for reviews on this company. There are few places where they have 5 stars (hmmmm, no WAY!!) but if you'll look further, you'll find that most places that offer unbiased reviews rank them very badly and are filled with angry words from people who feel victimized and misled by this outfit. You have been warned!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Had customer filed the credit card payment dispute 2 months after purchase. After reviewing the purchase document, credit card issuing company found vender had following all purchase policy, and denied the card holder's dispute claim. I (vendor) then received a credit advice from my credit card processing company - Leaders Merchant Services on Jan. 09, 2018, stated "the credit had been returned to your account". One week later, I didn't receive the credit, so I called Leaders Merchant Services for the credit status, but was told the funds was holding by their "Risk Department" Ms. Jenny **. They couldn't tell me why, but asked me to check with Jenny.

Jenny ** couldn't explain why, but simply told me the funds would be held for 45 Business Days as she thought it was a risk to release back to our account. After several questions from my end, she then told me I needed to get a letter from card holder's issuing back to state the customer drop the dispute case. I called card issuing bank and asked the document, the card issuing company's agent asked to go for 3 way talking with my merchant service company to verify exactly document my merchant processor - Leaders Merchant Services need. After the phone got connected, the card issuing company asked Leaders Risk Dept agent Jenny ** what kind of document she needed, Jenny ** simply said she couldn't talk, and hung up.

Without any clear information, card holder's issuing company forwarded to Leaders Merchant Services a clear statement letter on 2/9/2018, which they issued to cardholder to deny the disputed claim and also had a deadline on the letter stated cardholder couldn't be able to dispute after the deadline 1/31/2018, and dispute case had closed. Today is 2/15/2018. I had left 2 message to Jenny ** since 2/9/2018, but didn't get any response back. The funds is still holding at their end. I had already cancel their services after the phone conversation with their Risk Department Jenny ** on 2/9/2018. One unprofessional servant can ruin the whole company's reputation.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I got a proposal that said I would save 132.00 a months. Now after reviewing my bills over three months they're actually higher than my previous processor, also in their bills they put the low rates and leave out the high ones so you have to calculate what you're paying, very unhanded to not put all rates on your monthly bill. They figure people don't have the math skills to figure out how much they are charging you. They have a 64 page terms and condition as well figuring you won't read the whole thing and go by the rep word.

They hide a contract term of three years on page 61 so you miss it. The rep said not contract too but it's his word, a very deceitful company, this company plans on ripping you off. They should be shut down for illegal and unhanded practice. I wish I didn't have a option of giving one star. They don't deserve that, I'm trying to get the 500 guarantee low price match now, it seems like that might be another 67 pages of qualifications. Stay tune.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Our customer have been waiting for their refund of $2000 for over 2 weeks and they still haven't refunded them! We cancelled and they said there was a FEE! When we signed up they said it was month to month with no contract, now we have to pay $350 to cancel their services because it was a contract. They don't know what is going on, and it is always a runaround. They are a piece of ** company. Don't sign up with them. They are crooked! They are so quick to take your money but take forever to refund the money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

They lied to me about the fees and they electronically signed my name to an agreement that I never agreed to or was privy to. I never used their machine and was told that I would only be charged 2.5% for each customer transaction and .19 cents. No monthly fees, no hidden fees (I asked), no contract. They took money out of my bank account 2 days prior to signing up and I missed it on my bank statement. Then another annual charge, compliance charge, charge for not using my device, charge for not making 1000 in a month, etc. Lots of charges. Mickey the salesperson lied.

I spoke with a guy today from Leaders who said you signed the contract, WHAT? "What contract, I never saw a contract, can you send it to me?" So he did. And yep, I never signed it because I never saw or heard of it. If I saw it I would have seen all their fees and declined right then and there. He said, "You electronically signed it." Nope, I sure as hell did not, you guys forged it, I never saw this stuff. I closed my bank account so they can't keep charging me, cancelled with them and am sending their card reader back to them. I am in the process of fighting this and getting about $500.00 refunded. This happened in only a few months. They use two names for taking money out of people's accounts. Leaders and Bankcard. Run from this company.

Leaders Merchant Services Company Information