Leaders Merchant Services

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When I contact the Merchant for the first time I received the following in an email: "In the Key Accounts Department, we waive a lot of the fees that you are probably currently paying such as - No Customer Service Fees, No Statement Fees, No Batch Fees, No AVS Fees, No Annual or Monthly PCI Compliance Fees."

When I got the contract there was a $40 fee for non-PCI compliance. The guy signing me said just don't worry about it. He also said there is no contract. I can terminate anytime. First 12 months went fine with no issues. After that they started charging me $40 and another $9.95 a month. I called them and decided to cancel and got slapped with a $350 charge for early termination that was in a very small fine print. BEWARE. Stay away from this Crooks.

Called in to Leaders to create my merchant account. Spoke with a nice lady, very pleasant. We talked about the rates, I was very satisfied. I get the application, I sign it all well and done however next day I receive an email stating that my account has been closed and I am charged $350. I call up customer support, they keep bouncing me from department to department. In a couple of call attempts and around 3 hours later I get to the merchant services dept. Guy tells me he doesn't have to reveal to me why they closed my account. So I tell him that "it's a very nice business you got there...opening accounts for people, closing them the next day for no reason, charging cancellation fees and then ignoring your customers", to which he didn't respond and transferred me to another lady.

She told me that she "Thinks"...She thinks...that the account was closed because they don't work with businesses like ours. To which I replied..."But I told you what I do and you still sent me the application, you still approved me...and after I got approved you are going to tell me that you...Think...my business isn't good for you and charge me $350?" After which she told me that she's sorry but it's in their policy. So I checked the policy and the policy stated that the cancellation fee applies only after the account starts processing payments. My account was closed on the same day as it was opened. In any case, never got a refund, never want to deal with this company again, and I suggest everyone who is looking to open a merchant account not to even look and Leaders direction. THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND LIARS!

One of the better local merchant services I've worked with in my 10 years in business. Reliable card readers and decent service. I've talked to several of their customer service reps and they were all helpful. Would recommend.

Advise to any small business looking to get involved in a credit option for your customers, this company is not where you want to be. I run a small fitness facility and spoke with a "Mr. **" who feed me anything I wanted to hear, seemed like an great person to work with. I informed him that any fees upwards of $30 a month on top of the usage fee would not make sense for my business as 80% of clientele pay CASH.

Mr. ** eliminated a few charges off the contract for me and sold me on the company, I was to be paying around $15 a month + .05% each use. However I was billed $40+ month one, $40+ month 2 and then an amazing where the F did that come from $172 the third month. I was informed by customer service that all my fees together would be around the $40 a month and that I have an annual fee of $129 a year (Happy ** day).

I immediately went to cancel the account and turns out I have been hooked into a 3-year contract and that it would cost me $350 to close the account. Anyhow I closed the account after being dicked around a lot and I do mean A LOT by Mr. ** with his claims to do right by me. Paid the $350 to cut ties with this terrible company. Please learn from my mistake and look elsewhere.

All was good when I set up account. Nice guy. Very personable. I thought I was off to a great professional partnership. Explained that I was an independent part time therapist who only occasionally had someone want to use a card and I wanted to be able to extend that courtesy. I've been in business for over thirty years. I know when I've been lied to and cheated. I was not told that I was signing up for three years and that there would be a $350 cancellation fee. I never would have agreed to that. I understood that monthly bill would be approximately $25 - $30 given what I do, It's been $75-80 a month for running maybe two transactions a month... to be fair, maybe four, amounting to no more than a couple hundred dollars a month if that (occasional insurance copay). Ludicrous.

So I called to cancel. First they wanted to lower my monthly fees to get me to stay (why didn't they do that when I signed up?). Then when I went off on the customer service rep she said she would 'reach out' to corporate to see if they would lower the cancellation fee to $250 and get back to me. I told her that I was livid and wanted to hear from her boss. I doubt I'll hear from anyone and I'll have to call back and spend another couple hours on the phone for the privilege of paying them a cancellation fee and I'll be expected to be grateful if they agree to lower it to $250.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leaders Merchant Services?

I canceled my account with Leaders because they lied about fees, has the worst customer service, and they offered me a refund but I never received the refund and their manager Travis and Brice never answers the phone or returns my calls since they offered me the refunds. They owe me refunds on transaction fees for $12,403.60.

On June 30, 2016, their manager Travis agreed to a recorded phone call where he stated he would give me a refund roughly around $500. He said he submitted the request on June 9 and June 14, 2016. It is now July 25, 2016 and I have not received any refunds. I called and left Travis and Brice about 5 messages or more and have not heard back from them. They also raise rates on you periodically without even notifying you so make sure you check every statement every month. Make sure you record all your calls with them because they will lie.

They are a dishonest company with customer service reps who treat you poorly! PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY AND DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! There are plenty of excellent merchant service companies out there that won't lie and hide fees! I have a new merchant service company now and they are awesome!! They offer lower fees, excellent customer service, no cancellation fees, and most important of all, they are upfront and honest about any fees and trustworthy!

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY, LEADERS CHEATERS SERVICES... I was verbally told of a $9 monthly fee which turned out to be $39. Was charged $168 two months later for what they say security fee. Then tried to close out my account and not use this company anymore and was told there is a $350 cancellation fee that when I remember asking the agent if I want to get out what do I do and he said just call to stop using them. That was a lie. It also took 3 weeks to get a hold of someone, plus they will pull this card that "that employee no longer works with us". I never even got to use the credit card reader but I was left $500 in the hole after I wanted to not use LEADERS CHEATERS anymore.

This company is horrible. I was told by the salesperson that there were no monthly fees at all. I start to see monthly fees. I email the salesperson and he never responds. Next month, a monthly fee for more money. I call and they tell me that the contract (small print) says that there is a monthly fee AND there is a formula based on use that makes the fee go up each month based on how much you use it (never discussed!) And that I am in a 3 year contract and it will cost me $350 to get out of it! (NEVER DISCUSSED!!!) In my opinion, Unethical company.

Initially using Leaders Merchant Services as our POS Credit Card merchant bank vendor. We decided to switch to another vendor. We both telephoned and sent a request for account termination via USPO mail. Months passed and we were still being charged monthly fees. We again telephoned and were told no such request was received. We have since sent faxes on two more occasions, as well as telephoned, and we keep being told "no such request received" while they keep charging us against our Corporate credit card account. This is clearly robbery; a refusal to terminate an account upon customer wishes. We informed Leaders Merchant today, June 7, 2016 that we will institute legal proceedings.

Today I was congratulated for being "Approved." After reading a suspicious review about the company, I did some further investigation and found many MANY dissatisfied customers. This frightened me because of all the hidden fees, charges, etc. So I called the company and YES! They confirmed my fears! I was told when I talked with the sales representative that there would be NO monthly fees charged for my account.

But now that I have an account, the story has changed and I DO have a monthly fee. And there is a $350 fee to discontinue my services which I haven't even used ONCE!!! Without even using their services, they told me I should have read the 64 pages of the contract and that it is NOT their duty to inform me of extra fees. It was my fault (and yes, it was... I put my trust in this misleading company). Please stay clear of this company. They even hung up on me (I did not use foul language or raise my voice.) It was a VERY EXPENSIVE lesson to learn.

I've worked with them in the past and had no problems. The machine they gave me was pretty new and it was exactly what I needed. No company is perfect but Leaders will definitely do the job.

As a business owner I was approached by this fraudulent company that they could save me money on my processing fees with no monthly fees and lower processing fees. First month seemed ok. Second month I got charged a monthly fee of around $54.00 which they reimbursed me when I called and inquired about. After that every month my monthly fees exceeded $100.00 plus I was getting an additional $8.00 fee which no one could explain why. After this continued I called to cancel my account and was charged a $350.00 cancellation fee. When I called customer service to ask if they would negotiate with me they flat out told me "No". I have absolutely nothing good to say about this company or their employees. Do not do business with them. They will rip you off!

This is the WORST company in the history of companies, ripping people off. They have an insane amount of hidden fees. I use the for 2 transactions only and they fees is costed me more than what I made. Stay away! Total FRAUD!!!

Got an account with them. A salesperson came to my house. I was told $100.00 for activation then $15/ month 3% of charges. So far so good. First bill came 29.00, next 39.00, next month $69. First charge to a customer did not worked... oops, then 129.00. Sent a cancellation certified letter to their shady PO Box address asking to return overcharged fees... Never got any answer. I have stopped payment from my bank. I called them this week and was told to contact customer relation. Called them yesterday and was told I need to contact collection, but they are not there... amazing! Today came through another account 2 charges of $350.00. If they are not scammers then I don't know what they are. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SCAMMERS.

THIS COMPANY PUT IN HELD MY MONEY FOR THREE MONTHS AND THEY NEVER REFUND COMPLETE MY MONEY, without having any reason or basis. THIS PERSON Aimee ** of Risk Management, very unprofessional and despot person, never answer my calls. NOT RECOMMENDED, FRAUD COMPANY.

When you call for information are very helpful giving me all the information and competitive prices with respect to others and with very good deals. The first thing that occurred to me was that they took more than 48 hours to deposit the money in my account after they began to collect things that had never told me. And I call them and they said that was a mistake. And the next month I was charged an annual fee. which never know about that. I call them and the person who attended me was either negligent and said that was what I have to pay. That made me angry and I call to cancel my account which I had been told that I could cancel anytime. And I cancel and they charge me $350 fee for cancellation. Something that no one tell me. This company is the worst thieves. Are used in less than 3 months they take me more than 1000 dollars. Now no one answer the phone or give any explanation. Don't use this company.

OMG! I applied for Leaders Merchant services because it was rated in a top ten of the best review. I was approved and after the first few attempts at making charges, they all failed. I called customer service and they attempted to remedy. They failed. They said they would call me back, they did not. I called them back and made several more attempted charges with no success. I received an email days later stating that my account has not been used within the last 30 days and was being deactivated. I only had the account for less than a week!

Then I received another email with a new account. I attempted to make charges again with no success. I called Leaders Merchant services again and they failed to remedy my account after nearly 10 attempted charges. I have two small businesses. This company is a joke! Now, I wonder if they paid the review company to put them at the top of the list? DO NOT waste your valuable business time with this unprofessional, non-working, fraudulent company. You've been warned.

I signed up to have them process our credit card transactions, took forever to get a reader in the mail. Two days after the reader arrived I noticed a $25.00 debit on my account, it is from Leaders. I call them and they tell me it is because there were no transactions in the prior month. I explain to them that I basically just got my reader from them two days ago, they pretty much laughed at me and copped an attitude.

When I told them that I was not told about the monthly fee of $25.00 dollars they again laughed and the gal said "It is HIDDEN in the fine print, you should have read it." Then I told her I did not want to do business with anyone as shady as them and that I would cancel the contract. Again, laughter and sarcasm... "Well it will cost you $350.00." At that point I asked "For what?" "There is a cancellation clause in the contract" they said. Look, I asked the ** guy who talked into this all the pertinent questions about the very same crap they have now charged me for, his answer was always "no no such fees or termination fees". Look, these company is NOT good. Do not do business with them, read the reviews about them. What little you stand to save in transaction fees does not cover the problems and the amounts they will rip you off for. STAY AWAY!!!!

My partner and I have been clients of Leaders merchant or should I say (crooked scammers) for about three weeks now and we have been dragged through the mud ever since our first transaction. We have had problems after being notified days later our batches were approved and we were to receive our funds in 24-48hrs from then but low and behold our funds were placed on hold once again, another void to stop us from receiving and funds.

But yet they had already taken their service fee out of my bank account. I even received a letter in the mail yesterday stating that $1.85 has been deducted from my bank account from a compliance fee. also I received a call the same day my funds were placed on hold and talked to an analyst named Heidi **. The woman has an attitude from hell and she gets away with talking to us merchant holders any kind of way. She makes many excuses for why she can't release the funds as well as even lying about information dealing with our clients that can be told.

This has been going on for far too long. This company is getting away with murder and it's time they are punished for their crime and disrespect. All we wanted were our funds nothing more nothing less. Yet all we have received is attitude and pain and suffering. We want to start up a class act with others that have had to deal with this company's lying and disrespectful associates.

In the beginning I made sure there would be no early termination fee. It is in my contract. Now more than a month later I have a 350.00 dollar cancellation fee taken out of my account. I have called them and they said "oops your right". Now they are telling me I have to wait 30 days for my money to be returned to me. Because of the process. Now I do not have use of my money or the money I could make off of that money for 30 days.

The above company is withholding $6670.00 from our company. This money was for final payment on two of our jobs and one was for a deposit on job. We did have a chargeback with this company, that I responded to in the correct manner according to Mr. **. I was told on 1-3-06 I would be receiving the monies within 24 hours, the on 1-4-06 I was told that I would not be receiving my money for 90 days. I have filed the paperwork required by this company and they will not release our money. This chargeback has nothing to do with us considering that we are the new owners of the company as of 10-15-05. The customer signed the contract on 10-8-05. We have not had any chargebacks since taking over this company.

I was charged a $99 annual fee that I was not informed about. I wasn't charged this until I cancelled my service with this company, which has also threatened to charge me $350 for cancelling. I am a small business and I wanted to use them as my merchant service provider for credit card transactions. I was unhappy with my services which I felt was inadequate. I would loose customers who waited over 20 minutes for transactions to be processed. When I cancelled this is what happened.

Leaders Merchant Services Company Profile