1.13/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 10, 2018

48 Leaders Merchant Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

I was told there was no contract. I was told the terminal was free. I was told lower percentages than that which I received. ALSO, they don't send you statements - you have to access them online and PAY FOR THEM. I've been being charged $40/mo terminal fee. There is a 3 year contract that automatically renews. Random fees for month end charge $25.88, less discount paid $60.72, random fee $168.95, additional fees $129.00, and on and on. Also, it is impossible to get through to someone in customer service. SO, it pretty much is the same as everyone else has written here. Although they say they are the top rated on the internet...I'm quite sure they purchased that rating with everybody's erroneous fees!

Original review: March 30, 2018

These crooks are just that, CROOKS, they claim to come charge you $9.99 a month, it's a LIE, they charge you $9.99 a month plus $30 a month if you don't meet a monthly quota, plus 1.5% off each transaction and allow transaction to approve then decline after the sale, and here's the best part, after you realize they're a scam and cancel your account, they proceed to attempt to rape your bank account for $350, thank God I got my bank to return the charge, and close my account. DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I would give them a zero if that were an option. This company's salesperson is possibly the most dishonest individual I have ever spoken to in retaining services of any kind. Their salesperson told me over the telephone how their fees are low by industry standards, and that they have no long-term contract, so I could leave at any time without charge. After the sales pitch, they send you a very short agreement over the Internet for your online signature. In the small print, they reference a "Guide" that you will be receiving once you've signed up. AFTER you have engaged them, you receive a 64 page "Guide" chock full of fees which were never discussed by their salesperson, including a $350 fee if you discontinue their services. So far, their "low" fees have averaged approximately 6% of my total receipts. I wouldn't wish this company on anyone.

Original review: March 26, 2018

After I attempted to discuss an application with the sales agent Josh **, I was issued an acct #. Having no idea that they used that as an actual contract with me, I tried to have many mistakes and extra charges that were not discussed in the initial conversation. I called the customer relations line and spoke to Cassandra who said that I would have to do the work with some 3rd party vendor to make these corrections even though it was not my mistake. At that time, I was concerned about fraud and asked to have the application shut down.

Then I tried re-opening a new application, this time with the correct information. The next day, I found a $350.00 cancellation fee on my bank account. I immediately called customer relations and Cassandra interrogated me, just adding insult to injury with her condescending attitude and arrogance that I should have to bear the burden of correcting mistakes that their company made. All I wanted was to have them close out any business relationship they think they might have with me. I also asked to speak to a supervisor as to how on earth does an electronic signature make it to a contract I never signed? This company is criminal and takes no accountability for their actions. Again, I was never satisfied with the application process and therefore would never sign for something I did not agree with.

I had asked for the first attempt at an account to shut it all down and after a day's thought asked to try to start over with the correct information and congruent rates to what the first agent had tried selling me on. The day after I attempted to try one more time to open a proper account, meaning one that I have approved of and agree on, I received a $350.00 cancel fee on my bank account. Clearly, after that I am certain that I do not want to have any relationship with your company at all. Unfortunately, this whole operation appears to be dishonest, corrupt and deceitful.

My guess is that the first agent (Josh **) I spoke to who, on the first 3 questions he asked me over the phone was 1. my name 2. my address and 3. my routing number and bank account number. That was my first clue of what appears to be fraud and who I suspect prepared an electronic signature on my behalf for a completed sale. In hindsight, I can see now how I could have protected myself by insisting he wait until a contract has been signed before securing my bank information. Thank you.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I closed my account two years ago. They automatically take $80 each month from my bank account, I called them several times, or can't change them and they always transfer money from bank account automatically, I ask my bank branch to reopen a new bank account, I thought this would be over, but after two months, I received a letter from a debt collection company. I wrote this review after I paid the debt collection company’s money. I hope everyone will not be deceived.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leaders Merchant Services?

Original review: March 5, 2018

Run! In my opinion, this company is highly unethical, and would be better named MISleaders Merchant Services. I closed my account with them two months ago, and closed out the associated gateway, so they can't possibly even process a charge for me, and yet, they took $164 from my bank account today for various junk fees and an annual "account fee." They claim they never received my account closure form. When I asked them how to make SURE that they get it this time, all I got was a bunch of mumbling about 7 business days and "will be submitted for review".

Do a Google search for reviews on this company. There are few places where they have 5 stars (hmmmm, no WAY!!) but if you'll look further, you'll find that most places that offer unbiased reviews rank them very badly and are filled with angry words from people who feel victimized and misled by this outfit. You have been warned!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Had customer filed the credit card payment dispute 2 months after purchase. After reviewing the purchase document, credit card issuing company found vender had following all purchase policy, and denied the card holder's dispute claim. I (vendor) then received a credit advice from my credit card processing company - Leaders Merchant Services on Jan. 09, 2018, stated "the credit had been returned to your account". One week later, I didn't receive the credit, so I called Leaders Merchant Services for the credit status, but was told the funds was holding by their "Risk Department" Ms. Jenny **. They couldn't tell me why, but asked me to check with Jenny.

Jenny ** couldn't explain why, but simply told me the funds would be held for 45 Business Days as she thought it was a risk to release back to our account. After several questions from my end, she then told me I needed to get a letter from card holder's issuing back to state the customer drop the dispute case. I called card issuing bank and asked the document, the card issuing company's agent asked to go for 3 way talking with my merchant service company to verify exactly document my merchant processor - Leaders Merchant Services need. After the phone got connected, the card issuing company asked Leaders Risk Dept agent Jenny ** what kind of document she needed, Jenny ** simply said she couldn't talk, and hung up.

Without any clear information, card holder's issuing company forwarded to Leaders Merchant Services a clear statement letter on 2/9/2018, which they issued to cardholder to deny the disputed claim and also had a deadline on the letter stated cardholder couldn't be able to dispute after the deadline 1/31/2018, and dispute case had closed. Today is 2/15/2018. I had left 2 message to Jenny ** since 2/9/2018, but didn't get any response back. The funds is still holding at their end. I had already cancel their services after the phone conversation with their Risk Department Jenny ** on 2/9/2018. One unprofessional servant can ruin the whole company's reputation.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I got a proposal that said I would save 132.00 a months. Now after reviewing my bills over three months they're actually higher than my previous processor, also in their bills they put the low rates and leave out the high ones so you have to calculate what you're paying, very unhanded to not put all rates on your monthly bill. They figure people don't have the math skills to figure out how much they are charging you. They have a 64 page terms and condition as well figuring you won't read the whole thing and go by the rep word.

They hide a contract term of three years on page 61 so you miss it. The rep said not contract too but it's his word, a very deceitful company, this company plans on ripping you off. They should be shut down for illegal and unhanded practice. I wish I didn't have a option of giving one star. They don't deserve that, I'm trying to get the 500 guarantee low price match now, it seems like that might be another 67 pages of qualifications. Stay tune.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Our customer have been waiting for their refund of $2000 for over 2 weeks and they still haven't refunded them! We cancelled and they said there was a FEE! When we signed up they said it was month to month with no contract, now we have to pay $350 to cancel their services because it was a contract. They don't know what is going on, and it is always a runaround. They are a piece of ** company. Don't sign up with them. They are crooked! They are so quick to take your money but take forever to refund the money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

They lied to me about the fees and they electronically signed my name to an agreement that I never agreed to or was privy to. I never used their machine and was told that I would only be charged 2.5% for each customer transaction and .19 cents. No monthly fees, no hidden fees (I asked), no contract. They took money out of my bank account 2 days prior to signing up and I missed it on my bank statement. Then another annual charge, compliance charge, charge for not using my device, charge for not making 1000 in a month, etc. Lots of charges. Mickey the salesperson lied.

I spoke with a guy today from Leaders who said you signed the contract, WHAT? "What contract, I never saw a contract, can you send it to me?" So he did. And yep, I never signed it because I never saw or heard of it. If I saw it I would have seen all their fees and declined right then and there. He said, "You electronically signed it." Nope, I sure as hell did not, you guys forged it, I never saw this stuff. I closed my bank account so they can't keep charging me, cancelled with them and am sending their card reader back to them. I am in the process of fighting this and getting about $500.00 refunded. This happened in only a few months. They use two names for taking money out of people's accounts. Leaders and Bankcard. Run from this company.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

When signing up with them they promised a lot of things. However, we found out later they are all lies. They tell you there is no contract or cancellation fees. This is a lie. You will be under a 3-year contract and have to pay $350.00 to cancel that contract. They tell you low fee percentages like .15% for debit cards and 1.55% for credit. This is a lie. First month charged $225.96 in hidden fees. Second month charged $485.72 in hidden fees. Third month charged $126.41 in hidden fees. They also never tell you about the yearly fee you will have to pay thats $120.00. Three months under these guys and our small business paid over $1,188.09 in hidden fees we were never informed of. We couldn't budget for that so we paid the $350.00 and cut our losses to get out from under them and their hidden fees.

Then once we were charged the $350.00 they charged us an additional $75.00 that I am fighting because they never bothered to check the PO box we returned the readers to. We mailed them back to them on 12/16/17, they charged us our $350.00 fee for cancelling 4 days later, however we get charged another $75.00 on 1/9/18 because they haven't opened the package yet??? How is this legal? A month later and they still have not "received" them so we are continuing to get charged. Don't believe anything they tell you to try and get you to sign up with them. I can't believe they are still in business and not shut down by the BBB. Nothing but scams and lies. Don't fall for it!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I just recently opened a new location for my business and my husband suggested I look into getting a merchant with lower fees than PayPal due to the anticipated potential increase in my sales. I signed up with them very reluctantly because I didn't want to give all of my personal information to someone over the phone, I also didn't want to give information to an entity that didn't have a location I could walk in and see. However, the representative said that he could e-mail me the form so that I could fill it in without providing my information verbally. So I hesitantly gave the information via e-mail. After submitting everything, I received a welcome e-mail. I was never given a physical or e-mailed contract, terms and services, etc. explaining fees and policies.

I was however given constant twice daily phone calls badgering me to get my account linked for nearly a month by a lady from authorize.net. (I was trying to figure out how to get my account to work so that I could phase PayPal out of my website.) In retrospect, the man I spoke to with Leaders gave me an inaccurate fee amount. I was told $2 and something plus 15 cents or so per transaction. I was also told that I could connect the merchant to my website through authorize.net to have the money sent directly to my bank account rather than through PayPal. I got the page set up and 'active'. Despite the fact that I did what I was told to do, all of the payments were still processing through PayPal and not through authorize.net.

After being charged $37.95 twice by BANKCARD-MTOT DISC ** I called and asked to have the service canceled due to the fact that I was being charged by a service I was not actually using after having it explained that these were the charges from Mastercard for using Leaders/authorize. During the duration of time I was on the phone I was never informed that there was a cancellation fee or a contracted time I was supposed to be with Leaders. There was nothing mentioned in the subsequent e-mails following my request to cancel the service. I looked through every e-mail I received from Leaders and authorize.net to see if I had somehow missed the $350 fee. There was no mention of it anywhere.

I contacted them and asked what could be done and the service rep basically said (not verbatim,) 'That's how these kinds of things work. You should have known that something like this would happen.' He said he would talk to the sales department to see if they would refund it for me. It was never offered to transfer me to the sales department. He called me the next day and said that he explained my concerns with them and they generously agreed to change the amount to the 2 year cancellation of $250 instead of the 3 year $350. He said I should be happy they offered anything at all because they usually don't. I have since spoken with my bank and explained the issue to them. They have filed a dispute for me and said it should be taken care of within the week. Don't be suckered into the thieving company that is Leaders Merchant Services as they will leave you blindsided.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

The customer rep promised the world and all looked great until we got to the signature part of the agreement. The rep Mike made no mention of the fact that there was a three year agreement. He also tried to skim over the agreement that stipulates they can change the rates and cost at any point. This is quite the bait and switch. The problem is they have some personal information and we do not know how they will try to steal our money at this point. These people are flat out criminal in how they conduct business. RUN DON'T WALK AWAY! Much like everyone else, if we could give less than zero stars, we would. Thank the heavens we didn't complete an agreement with them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Mine same as all the others. Outsourced sales force answers all questions they way you want to hear: cancel anytime no fees, no monthly fees, low discount rate, etc, etc. Leaders did not charge a monthly fee but their sister company charged $60 per month to rent the "equipment" which was deducted from the checking account and not deducted from the monthly statements. This number does not even show up anywhere on a bill. Was using PayPal at 2.5% or so. They promised 1.65 but my monthly average for 4 months ended up at about 12% with all the "one times fees, security fees, reporting fees, etc." And of course the $350 cancellation fee.

I returned the equipment on the 21st of Oct but I started getting threats that if I did not return it in 15 days there is another $700 fee. I dug up the postal tracking number and they actually had it all along in 4 days but just did not get around to opening the package and checking contents. By the way, the unit comes with a small Allen wrench to attach the cable. If not there there is another fee, I think $25, if they can't find it. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with in 50 years of business. I wish there was a lower rating than one star and they would have it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Leaders sleazy Salesforce quotes low rates and no fees then once you sign up the rates are not what is expected. Their fees are sky high and they tell you it will cost you $350 to cancel. They claim it is all in the fine print of the extensive document that they have you e-sign. But they will never provide a copy of it once you have signed it. I don't have time to write a long explanation. Just don't use this company. Ever!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I signed up for a 2 month (60 Day Trial). When I went to cancel they tell me I am stucked into a 2 year contract. They take money every month. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBERS, once they have them the withdrawals for fees that are not supposed to be begin and never end. Cancelled after 2 years of nothing but fees to get hit with a $250 cancellation fee. Now I am told it was a 3 year contract. I cannot get anything in writing from them, all I get are withdrawals from my account. They use outside salespeople that do not tell you the truth. Nothing they told me was the truth, that is why they will not put it in writing.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I contacted Leaders on July 12 to ask about pricing and terms for their e-commerce Merchant Services. The sales person Juan ** described competitive terms and promised there were no other fees of any kind. I said I wanted to call a few other companies to compare terms and rates. He recommended that I complete a no-obligation application with him over the phone, and then he could work on it while I called around. He promised to call back in a few hours with underwriter approval, and then I could decide whether I wanted to open the Leaders Merchant account. I told Juan that the business would be under my wife's name and she was not available now. His response was that I could apply for her if I had her SSN and our joint bank account number, and it was still a no obligation preliminary application. So I gave him the info and hung up.

Then I searched around, saw bad reviews for Leaders on ripoff-report and another forum, and decided to go with Stripe instead. Juan never called back! In fact, no one called back. Ever! Two days later, we received an email to my wife's business email address stating that the account was approved, the monthly charges from Leaders and Authorize.net would start immediately, and I needed to call their training department to get our website set up for Leaders processing. What?! My wife had never spoken to anyone at Leaders and neither of us ever signed any document or granted any kind of authorization for Leaders to open an account in her name. After several emails to Leaders Customer Service, which is actually at merchants-help.com and merchant-info.com, they finally sent me an account closure form on July 24. I immediately submitted the form on the same day.

On July 26, I got a reply saying that the request to close the account was denied because the signature on the closure form did not match. Think about that. Neither of us ever signed anything. The only signature they ever had from us was on the account closure form, and they denied the closure by saying that the signature didn't match. Didn't match what? On July 26, I replied to the denial email telling them to close the account or I would file a complaint with the California Department of Business Oversight, which is the bank examiner in CA. Nothing happened for 15 days. I mean nothing. No mail, no email, no phone calls. I never used any part of Leaders merchant services. Ever.

On August 10, I received a form email from iaccessportal.com telling me that MasterCard was raising their fees by $2 per month. That seemed weird. It wasn't from Stripe. So I checked my online banking balance on our bank account, and there was a $39.95 charge on August 2, from BANKCARD MTOT DISC. The number on the charge matched a number in the subject line of one of the emails I received from Leaders 2 weeks ago. They won't close an account that they were never authorized to open, and now they are charging me large fees! Remember Juan? He never mentioned any $39.95 fee. This is crazy! It's criminal!

So I filed a detailed complaint with the California DBO. The complaint number is **. Tomorrow I'll contact my bank and dispute the charge. Leaders is a criminal organization. You cannot establish a bank account in someone's name unless you have full authorization and ID and signatures. And yet Leaders is apparently pulling this garbage routinely. Amazing!

Original review: June 5, 2017

If I could give this company negative stars, I would. All of the complaints you see below, are the truth. I tried to cancel their service after 2 months but my emails went unanswered. This company will charge any amount of money without any reason. They also don't show up properly on your bank statements in order to hide from you. They charged nearly $1000 from me in 4 months and I didn't use the service.

My bank had to research where the charges were coming from on my account because the withdrawn money doesn't say "Leaders". I also was just starting my website, and Leaders agreed they were only going to charge me $10 a month so I was pretty sure the charges weren't from them. When the bank confirmed the charges were from Leaders, Leaders charged me $300+ to cancel. The amounts they charged were not consistent, their cancellation fee is big because you will definitely cancel. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING!! I have proof. Emails I would be happy to send you so you know what their emails look like.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Please be aware with this scam company. When I sign up (2-2-17) with this company (Jeremy) the guy told me 1.5% in every transaction plus $0.18 cents each transaction and $4.99 monthly fee and after 12 days I sign up they charge me $4.99 and everything was fine. But on 3-02-17 they took $209.47. I didn't saw that transaction until I get other charge on 4-03-17 for $347.04. I called to the company asking about all those charges and they told me all that are fees. So I don't know which fees they are charging me. Because everything we do by phone and never send me paperwork anyway. They don't want to return my money. Now I have to cancel it. I write this just to prevent others falling into the traps of these SCAM COMPANY. PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE WITH THIS "COMPANY". Don't sign with them.

Original review: April 22, 2017

When I initially spoke with their rep, I repeatedly mentioned I was just getting my website up and running and was looking for cost saving merchant services since I anticipated low sales. He assured me that the rates would be very minimal with no monthly fees. Absolutely no mention was made about PCI charges until I saw the money deducted from my bank statement! And then I was assessed additional fees for "non-compliance". Another agent explained to me what this was all about and said if I became PCI compliant, they would refund me for the last month's charge of $40. I had no clue this entailed completing pages of questions which was extremely time-consuming. Also, the refund was a pittance because they continued to take out a monthly fee and other hidden charges.

At my wit's end, I decided this was not worth it and called to cancel. The person I spoke with NEVER once mentioned I would be assessed a $350 cancellation charge, nor is it even stated on the request to cancel form. When I once again saw this deduction on my bank statement, I called and the insensitive rep's response was, "Well it's in your contract which you are breaching because you did not satisfy the 3 years you signed up for!" I was so taken aback because there was no mention of the 3 year commitment nor the early out penalty. I should have seen the red flags when an urgency was created for me to sign the authorization form.

From November 2016 until I recently cancelled at the end of March, I paid a total of $522.27! All this for two sales in December of $82.73. I am so very angry with myself for trusting this company but am hopeful that they will be held accountable for their unscrupulous business practices in the very near future. I really wish I took the time to read the countless complaints against them beforehand and saved myself from this heartache and expense.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

This company is NO GOOD. MY EXPERIENCE - Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 6:25 AM. I've talked to 3 people asking the same questions but I haven't received equipment for service. I was told it would be mailed. It's been two weeks now and still haven't received. Email me or call me asap. Beauty Supply.

01/18/2017 - I was trying to get card service with this company. I was waiting on my terminal in which it never came. After calling customer service I was told my account had cancelled and couldn't get a reason why. I told them my business was already up and running and I was planning to use cash only method. Looking at my bank statement 195.00 and 350.00 was taken out of my account. I want my money back in three business days your company had no right to charge me anything. Account ending in **. Send a paper check to home address. Sandy calls me 2/20/17 asking for documents. I already sent this company over 20 times. RoAnna and Shannon.

2/20/17 - I have went to my bank and they said they returned funds because account was closed. This at bottom of page saying Other Debits PLAINLY STATES MERCHANT SERVICE TOOK 350.00 ON 11-17-16. I talked to a female on Thursday who stated a check for 350.00 was mailed on Tuesday. I'm the wrong person to play with. All of our conversations are recorded. This company sucks... Can't follow directions and have been lying the times I have talked with you guys. Y'all just make-up **. All this extra ** because of your company is **.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

DO NOT EVEN APPLY TO THESE CROOKS!!! ONCE YOU DO, THEY'VE GOT YOU!!! Stay as far away from this company as possible. I applied to them in June, and despite NEVER COMMITTING, they began taking out fees galore until I finally realized it. It took awhile because I'm the sole owner who wears all hats and I began taking automatic payroll checks at the same time, so I thought the fees were from that. Since all the fees were abbreviated and didn't mention Leaders, I couldn't tell. They started taking out $39.95, then it shoots up to $168.95! Plus other small fees, of course.

When I realized it, I put stop payments on them. Fortunately, my bank (Huntington Bank) went to bat for me, and when they tried to hit me with a $350 cancellation fee, Huntington had the charge reversed. When I called Leaders to have the charges refunded, they basically told me it was too bad, and that I should've read the fine print. The fine print very subtly commits you as soon as you sign the app, and binds you to outrageous charges. Don't even sign the APP! But if you do, hopefully your bank is as good as Huntington and will help you out.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was trapped into a 3 YEAR contract. I feel this is a clear sign of a scam company. If your business was solid you wouldn't need to have a contract with high cancellation fees... Every month there is some new fee slipped on to your statements, whether it is a "REGULATORY FEE", "ENHANCE SECURITY PKG", "MC LOCATION FEE", "Customer service fee", a "PCI Compliance fee" which is $40 Month. Most the time when calling the employees are already sour, they know each call is most likely going to be a compliant.

Finally my 3 years is up, I have been once again charged with the PCI compliance fee for the past 4 months. Which is my fault but in the past they have refunded me those charges since they didn't really earn them and the fee goes straight into their pockets. Now that my contract is up, they are refusing to refund me money that is basically stolen because I might close the account. $160 dollars that they took from my business/child because they "can". Be aware of any and everybody when looking for services. Most the time they are trying to trick you into something.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

They tack out money in the name of IRS more than $2000 and hold the money. They your co is not verify. When I contact them why guys holding my money they said "we transfer the money to IRS" and when I asked IRS "you received my money?" they say no so since I haven't got my money back from Leader Merchant Service so please help me out to get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I decided to apply for an account with Leaders Merchant. Of course the representative Mo was very friendly and went on and on about how highly recommend that his company was in the reviews but I became suspicious and decided to check out the reviews myself and after looking at the Consumer Affairs report became very dissatisfied and called Leaders Merchant back to ask questions. Of course the representative Mo kept stating that there will only be a fee when there is a merchant charge. Then a few minutes later I received an email saying that there was a statement balance of $45 so I called Leaders Merchants back again and he said "Oh, I made a mistake. I forgot to remove that," then I started asking more questions and he made a comment "Oh well, I don't know what they do upstairs."

So the next day I went to my bank and showed the reviews to the representative and closed my bank account and the bank notated that if there's any charges to my account that there will be considered fraudulent. The representative at the bank informed me to contact Merchants to make sure the account was closed. The first representative at Merchants told me that the account was never opened then two days later I received an email stating that my account was closed. After I became suspicious I recorded all the conversations between myself and Leaders Merchants. I feel that the reviews are right on after dealing with this company. Mo never stated anything about a contract or anything just that his service was free. I thank the people that wrote these reviews and I feel it saved me from a scam.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

This organization is so ridden with fraud. I signed up for a credit card for a 10 day period. Told the sales rep several times that's all I needed it for. I signed off on an equipment form and was charged $40 to turn it on and send it. OK - I used the machine ten days - no problems - packed it up on my dime and shipped it back like the rep told me to do. I said I would like to get it back in the spring when my seasonal biz picks up. He said fine. A month goes by and my account is hit with a $56 dollar fee. Internet fee???

I called and they said I needed to sign a form saying I wanted to cancel. I said I sent all the equipment back like I was told a month earlier. She said "oh the sales rep didn't tell you" - I said no. She emailed me the form. I signed it and a week later I was hit with a $350 fee. I never signed a contract - I am researching all of this. PLEASE do not do business with them. THEY lie - misdirect you - never give you an answer - just keep hitting your account with fees. How can they keep getting away with this. I have already contacted my attorney.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016 When I contact the Merchant for the first time I received the following in an email: "In the Key Accounts Department, we waive a lot of the fees that you are probably currently paying such as - No Customer Service Fees, No Statement Fees, No Batch Fees, No AVS Fees, No Annual or Monthly PCI Compliance Fees."

When I got the contract there was a $40 fee for non-PCI compliance. The guy signing me said just don't worry about it. He also said there is no contract. I can terminate anytime. First 12 months went fine with no issues. After that they started charging me $40 and another $9.95 a month. I called them and decided to cancel and got slapped with a $350 charge for early termination that was in a very small fine print. BEWARE. Stay away from this Crooks.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Called in to Leaders to create my merchant account. Spoke with a nice lady, very pleasant. We talked about the rates, I was very satisfied. I get the application, I sign it all well and done however next day I receive an email stating that my account has been closed and I am charged $350. I call up customer support, they keep bouncing me from department to department. In a couple of call attempts and around 3 hours later I get to the merchant services dept. Guy tells me he doesn't have to reveal to me why they closed my account. So I tell him that "it's a very nice business you got there...opening accounts for people, closing them the next day for no reason, charging cancellation fees and then ignoring your customers", to which he didn't respond and transferred me to another lady.

She told me that she "Thinks"...She thinks...that the account was closed because they don't work with businesses like ours. To which I replied..."But I told you what I do and you still sent me the application, you still approved me...and after I got approved you are going to tell me that you...Think...my business isn't good for you and charge me $350?" After which she told me that she's sorry but it's in their policy. So I checked the policy and the policy stated that the cancellation fee applies only after the account starts processing payments. My account was closed on the same day as it was opened. In any case, never got a refund, never want to deal with this company again, and I suggest everyone who is looking to open a merchant account not to even look and Leaders direction. THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND LIARS!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

One of the better local merchant services I've worked with in my 10 years in business. Reliable card readers and decent service. I've talked to several of their customer service reps and they were all helpful. Would recommend.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Advise to any small business looking to get involved in a credit option for your customers, this company is not where you want to be. I run a small fitness facility and spoke with a "Mr. **" who feed me anything I wanted to hear, seemed like an great person to work with. I informed him that any fees upwards of $30 a month on top of the usage fee would not make sense for my business as 80% of clientele pay CASH.

Mr. ** eliminated a few charges off the contract for me and sold me on the company, I was to be paying around $15 a month + .05% each use. However I was billed $40+ month one, $40+ month 2 and then an amazing where the F did that come from $172 the third month. I was informed by customer service that all my fees together would be around the $40 a month and that I have an annual fee of $129 a year (Happy ** day).

I immediately went to cancel the account and turns out I have been hooked into a 3-year contract and that it would cost me $350 to close the account. Anyhow I closed the account after being dicked around a lot and I do mean A LOT by Mr. ** with his claims to do right by me. Paid the $350 to cut ties with this terrible company. Please learn from my mistake and look elsewhere.

Leaders Merchant Services Company Information