Find a Business Services partner

Help me decide

2.0/5 (222 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Leaders Merchant Services

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Leaders Merchant Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leaders Merchant Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leaders Merchant Services?

Original review: June 1, 2021

Updated on 08/19/2021: I signed up for services with LMS but canceled before ever using their service. I have the name of the person I spoke to and the cancelation number. LMS withdrew $781.55 from my account fraudulently. They withdrew this money after I had canceled and I never used their services anyway. I have telephoned, emailed, written letters to the main office and a certified letter to the president which was returned unopened. I actually spoke with a real person last week who said she would have her supervisor call me but, no surprise, he did not.

I have every date, every reference number documented. This amount of money is a lot for anyone but is a ton for me. I've spent so much time on this. LMS works fraudulently. They're nice as can be when signing you up but that's where it ends. At this point I am now sitting down to write the Attorney General in my state, in California; the Federal Trade Commission; my Representatives in Congress and in the Senate; and file a report with the FBI Crime Complaint Center.

Original Review: I'm frustrated as I've already spent so much time on trying to get my money back yet here I am, they still have $781.55 that's mine, not theirs, and I never initiated services with them!! I signed up but almost immediately, within a couple days, canceled and have the name of the person I spoke with, a cancelation number, the date, the whole shebang. I've called and talked to one person who had no clue what I was saying and I asked for a supervisor who of course was not there and did not call me back within 24 hours as promised and still hasn't. I guess there is only one supervisor and he/she has been away for a couple of weeks now. I sent a long email (from their site) which detailed every single thing, names, dates, reference numbers and the amounts charged to my account for the past almost year EVEN THOUGH LEADERS WAS NOT PROVIDING A SERVICE FOR ME! Does it sound confusing? You betcha.

The account they were withdrawing from (now, again, I canceled their service before services were ever initiated) is an account I use for STRIPE's deposits and withdrawals (I've not had one iota of a problem with STRIPE). This account is a small account, and Leaders began withdrawing $2 a month, then $11, then $71 then $121 which is when I noticed because the withdrawal was significant and resulted in a NSF charge on my account. I'll tell you what, Leaders knew EXACTLY what they were doing... They got my banking information the day I called them and that was it. HA. We got it no matter what... Let's see if we can start charging this "customer" even though she's not a customer and not receiving services, and see how long we can get away with it. Dirty. Gross. Unbelievable.

My bank is starting a fraud dispute today and I'm going to write the CEO/President Brandon Wolfe. Like that will help. So, if I do not get my monies back very soon, very very soon, I am going to be all over Social Media... what the heck, perhaps local news station. This isn't a case of receiving a defective product and then battling with the seller. It's truly illegal and fraudulent. Leaders billed me not only after I canceled, but without ever ever ever supplying services. I can handle mistakes and errors, but dishonesty, fraud totalling up to over $700? I am really angry.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Do not use this company, their are full of hit fees. Do not let Mike ** fool you with lies and says their dont charge this or that and then when you question their are the worst customer services ever. Stay away from this company services.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I called Leaders looking for a 2nd processor for an upcoming business. 1st thing I said, "I do NOT want any fees. PERIOD! NO fees." I was told they could waive the monthly fee for a higher processing rate. I agreed. Making it clear again... NO FEES, no monthly, no cancellation fees, NO FEES. I also didn't need their services for 7 months but rep convinced me to sign up now for the no-fee promotional, and I will not get any fees. I was charged $41.20 in April for inactivity during the covid shutdown. I fought with CS who kept saying, "we don't refund fees." So I cancelled my account in writing. I was charged $41.20 a month later again.

No one would let me talk to anyone above CS, and after 2 solid months of fighting, I got my 2 fees refunded and finally my account closed after another half a month of fighting them. IN WHICH I woke to find my bank account overdrafted by a $350 cancellation FEE the next morning! Along with a $62 fee for the mobile swiper that I never used, in the end, I am still out the $62 after fighting 3 months for my 4 refunds and cancellation.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I was opening a small business and shopping for a credit card processing company. The representative from leaders offered me a free cc reader and a fee of $10.00 a month, $.18 per transaction. I've had it 3 months. Every month my fee goes up. This month it was $140.00. I just spent an hour on hold (still haven't spoke to anyone) trying to get my account cancelled. Leaders is the worst!

Original review: May 21, 2020

This company is on the borderline of a fraudulent company. Hidden fees. Very unprofessional staff and procedures. I have been in business for over 40 years and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I signed up in November with Landon Phillips owner. I told him I needed the reader within 5 days which he assured me would happen since I had a Xmass Craft show. The credit reader never arrived in time for my show and I lost a lot of money. A week later someone from the call center called to verify my address which did not make sense. They had my correct address on file. I then requested to cancel my account and I sent an email to Landon Phillips to also cancel my account. I believed everything was taken care of when in late January I received a letter stating I owed 10.00 for the reader and I called and told them I never received it and canceled the account in November 2019. In February, March and April they charged my checking account 15.00 each month.

I again called customer service several times and was connected to a call center in the Caribbean. They saw in the notes I had called to cancel in November. I was tranferred to another department and spoke to Jessie and was told they could not issue me a credit for charging me for 3 months since I did not fill out a cancellation form and fax it to them. I explained again I was never told about any form nor did they send it. If I was told about it I would have done so. I explained I never activated the account since I never received the reader. They emailed me the form and I sent it in the mail and emailed it. They claimed they never got it and so today I resent it Joshua at customer relations in hopes to have it cancelled and end this nightmare.

He was rude and claimed the form was emailed me a few weeks ago, but did not care that in November I was I was not informed or sent a form. I had to go to my bank and open up a new checking account because I do not trust they will ever cancel this account after many many calls and emails. This company just want to charge you every month and make money off you and you receive no benefits from them. Sincerely Lu Ann **

Original review: May 2, 2020

Misleading!! I was charged before receiving card reader. The fee are way more than discussed. Suppose to be around 10 a month. I was just 92.97 when I didn't use product in fees, I was close down cause of covid. These fees was supposed to be waived. I received the equipment and didn't like set up or anything tried to cancel same day. 350 without even using.. No grace period nothing.. I'm a one person salon owner that didn't really think I was be so stupid in believing this was a great company cause of website. Everyone stay away from this company!!!

Original review: May 1, 2020

If they were the only business left for running credit cards I would not use them. They are crooks, dishonest and lie to your face. I hope that no-one ever uses this company again. I cancelled my account and found out they were still charging me for five months. I asked for a refund and told me "too bad".

Original review: May 1, 2020

As someone who doesn’t like intervention on business from the government, I don't believe its job is suppose to protect you from business that are trying to scam you. As soon as they get your account info expect random changes and if you think you will speak to any customer service about the issue, good luck! They should be shut down, and any 5 star review for this company, we know what’s up!

Original review: April 27, 2020

I started with this company in November. The equipment was problematic. I canceled my account January 23 and to this day they continue to withdraw money from my bank account without my permission They are real easy to get on the phone with when signing you up. Just try and contact them when you have problems, no luck.

Leaders Merchant Services Company Information