4.0/5 (1554 ratings)

About ADP Payroll Services

ADP helps companies manage payroll, employee benefits, taxes, retirement and other services. The company has solutions for small, medium, large and multinational businesses. Its specialists work with businesses to reduce costs and develop human resources strategies that align with the business’s goals.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Mobile app
  • Flexible options

Cons

• No free trials
  • No pricing info without a quote

Bottom Line

ADP is a highly rated payroll and human resources provider that offers flexible service packages. Its services are easy to use, but it doesn’t advertise pricing without a customized quote.

Top ADP Payroll Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Verified

Great service. No crazy fees and very happy with my service. Customer service is wonderful and never had issues. I'm sticking with this card for a long time. Never hassled and the...

Verified

I've used ADP card for years. Never a problem. Never been locked out. Easy to check balance. When I needed a new card they sent it pretty quick. Never had a problem using it eithe...

What is ADP Payroll?

ADP Payroll is a service provider for companies of every size that offers payroll, human resources and other services. It works with businesses across many industries to help them save time and operate more efficiently.

Its additional service offerings include time and attendance tracking, talent management, employee benefits and outsourcing. ADP also offers a marketplace of apps and a library of resources and tools to help companies. Quotes and demos are free, which gives you the chance to find out more about how its HR services can work for your company without spending any money.

What does ADP do?

ADP replaces a traditional human resources or payroll department within a company and provides remote services to manage these tasks. Its basic plans offer payroll coverage for companies ranging from one to more than 1,000 employees. You can then add HR services, including guidance, process improvements and dedicated HR support. It also offers outsourcing solutions or co-employment services.

Mid-sized companies and larger may benefit from additional services. Its time and attendance option includes basic tools for full workforce management. For talent management, it offers recruiting, hiring, management and growth services. Its employee benefits packages include benefits administration, retirement, group health insurance, business insurance and workers’ compensation. The company can integrate its solutions with top software systems and other apps.

ADP pricing

Pricing is based on your company's size and the services you require. You can schedule a demo with an ADP professional or request a quote online. It offers several package tiers, starting with basic payroll services and ranging up to include full payroll and HR coverage.

ADP’s plans for larger companies include recruiting and hiring services, employee benefits and other services. Smaller companies may qualify for special promotions, including up to three free months of services.

ADP Payroll FAQ

Can I access ADP after termination?
Yes. After your separation from the company, you will have access to ADP for three years. However, it cannot provide login information or assistance, so be sure to keep track of your information.
Can I print my pay stub from ADP?
Yes, you can print your pay stub through ADP’s iPay service. You can view, download and print your statements through this online self-service kiosk.
Is ADP worth it?
If you devote a lot of time to HR and payroll management, ADP might be a worthwhile investment to improve efficiency and save time. You can also take advantage of its streamlined process and industry knowledge to help you provide the best service to your employees.
Does ADP pay early?
ADP does offer early pay, but it depends on whether your employer has opted for this service. If so, you’ll have instant access to your paycheck once your employer submits it.
What bank does ADP use?
ADP cards are issued through Fifth Third Bank. Its paycards have a variety of banking features and fewer fees than traditional accounts.

Is ADP safe?

ADP is a reputable, safe payroll and human resources service provider. It offers a variety of services to improve the efficiency of your small-to-large business, saving time and money along the way. Its customized approach doesn’t let it provide transparent pricing before speaking to a representative, so you need to schedule a demo or a quote for more cost information.

ADP Payroll Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: March 10, 2022

Our payroll account manager and open enrollment specialist are both great to work with and they always help us out with any questions or issues that may arise. But sometimes when you talk to others from ADP you will get all different answers from them. So we wait for our account manager most of the times for their assistance. ADP website is great. But there tends to be a lot of lagging and screen errors at times. Some things don't make sense to me (like why we have to put in someone's job code and department in 4 different places on the employment profile). But for the most part it is easy to work with.

ADP Payroll Services response

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback Marie. Next time you are on with your account manager please ask them to have the lagging or errors looked at and hopefully get rid of that for you.JC

Get buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Overall, ADP does a relatively good job with their Payroll and HRIS capabilities in Workforce Now. The areas where ADP is lagging compared to other competitors (i.e., Paycheck, Paycom, Paycor, Paylocity) has been their inability to get with the times for HR reporting, customer service, and Point of Sale integration. When it comes to HR Reporting, simple information like turnover rates, average length of service are not reports already made available by ADP. Rather you have to create a custom report or piece together several ADP reports to get the answers most HR professionals look for.

On the Customer Service front, it is incredibly annoying when you open one ticket that does not get resolved in one call. When you call back to get an update or to resolve a ticket the notes are incomplete and results in having to re-explain the ticket to the rep picking up where the call left off. It leads to additional time and frustration to clearly communicate the need or resolution to the ticket. Finally, lack of integration with Point of Sales systems like Toast or Aloha is a pain point for hospitality businesses who rely on these POS to process timekeeping and tips. Other HRIS/Payroll companies have this integration and is a major incentive to consider switching to these companies and leaving ADP. If this isn't changed in the future, I would not be surprised to see more hospitality industry business make the switch due to ease of payroll processing.

ADP Payroll Services response

Hi Angela, thank you for your feedback. I would like to provide this information to the correct leaders. Please private message your company full name/location, ADP branch/code or IID. Thanks, DS.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Our company has been using ADP for our Payroll and Benefit management (for approximately 75 employees) for 6 years now. Overall, I would recommend ADP to other potential clients. The platforms are frequently being upgraded and are always user-friendly (for both the employer and the employee). The custom reporting feature is extremely useful. We also like that we can complete many of the tasks (i.e., manual check) on our own, without having to contact ADP. The training offered by ADP is frequent and beneficial. The service request feature is helpful and timesaving for non-urgent issues. The Bridge is also a great resource to ask questions and find answers from other users with similar experiences. Overall, especially as compared to other payroll systems I have used, I believe ADP is a great value.

ADP Payroll Services response

Hi Hilary, thank you so much for your review. Glad to see how well this has been working for you. DS.

Original review: March 10, 2022

The program platforms with ADP can be at times a bit of a challenge - The system will not keep the archived employees off the master control report - (I have asked for this to be looked at by the ADP IT Dept and see if this can be reformatted) - When the employees are archived and blocked on the main platform where you hire/rehire and term employees. The system is now adding in FLI and MLI to employees who are exempt from the WA FLI and MLI taxes on manual checks and is delaying the payroll preview and giving employee level errors. I called ADP and the ADP reps are very friendly and helpful - trying to figure out why this is happening. It appears to be mainly the programing that can get a bit frustrating when previewing the payroll.

ADP Payroll Services response

Hello Donna, I would like to provide your feedback to the correct team within ADP. Please private message your company full name/location, ADP brnach/code or IID. Thank you, DS.

Original review: March 10, 2022

We recently implemented your Essential Learning LMS module. The implementation was fairly smooth, although I would have liked some documentation to accompany the "training" I received on how to administer the system. I understand the LMS module is still very new to ADP, and I'm hopeful that more functionality will be added in upcoming releases. Things like the ability to customize and suppress emails on ILTs, to have assigned courses appear in the "Things to Do" tile on the home page, and the ability to proxy as a user to see what they are experiencing are all standard LMS functions that will need to be incorporated to successfully complete with other systems. Also, there are certain reports that LMS admins need to run, so rather than make me have to create custom reports, they should be available as standard reports.

So far, I've had great experience with your support team. Abby helped me create my custom reports and was a stellar example of excellent service! She worked with me to get several reports create and kept the ticket open until I could verify they were working. I have used several LMS' before and would love to share my insights on functions that would be valuable for your users...feel free to reach out to me!

ADP Payroll Services response

Hello Shari thank you for your feedback. I have passed the details along to the correct team. DS.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

We have been using ADP for about 2 years, they re-vamped the dashboard to be more "user friendly" however it is not the case. The time cycles are often off, sometimes you have to push them forward, sometimes you don't. They paid everyone 16 hours of holiday pay by mistake and didn't even apologize for it, so they had to get the money back from all our hourly employees on their next check. When you finally get someone on the phone you get different answers. We were assigned a new HR rep that is great, I try to get her directly with my issues, however I feel if they updated their system to be more user friendly I wouldn't have to bug her so much.

They have good training resources, but assigning them and tracking them can be confusing. So far besides their crazy hold time, the staff at ADP does try to do their job, but I don't think they have enough people to cover the clients and need to hire some folks so we don't have to wait upwards of an hour to get help on urgent issues. AND they should listen to the feedback about their platform and direct it to their Tech people to fix the problems. We are thinking about changing companies as soon as our contract is up if there is no improvement on the problems. It seems we are not the only ones having these issues.

Hello Heather,
    I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations the new dashboard setup has caused but happy to hear your new HR rep is working out well for you. We have relayed your feedback to our product team and thank you for taking the time to provide it.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

I inherited this service when I took over a business that’d been using this service for years. I haven’t made it a priority to research or switch. I’ve been sticking with the demon I know so to speak. No departments communicate with one another nor do they share the same database so when you’ve discussed a topic with one department which relates to another topic in another department, you have to repeat the entire situation. You’ll find yourself doing that numerous times to resolve one issue. Workman's Comp department may as well be an entirely different company because payroll department didn’t even know WC department even exists. They didn’t report my W2/3 to SSA resulting in a civil penalty fee one year. I plan to shop Quickbooks and one other popular service. I suggest you do the same.

Hello BT,
    I'm sorry to read that you've had so much difficulty. I will forward your review to the leadership team of your ADP Service Center. They will arrange for someone to contact you who can partner with you to determine how they can best assist you now.
    Kind regards,

RP - ADP Client Experience

__________________________________________________________

01/19/23 Update: The aligned ADP Service Representative confirmed that he did connect with BT and was able to address concerns. ADP considers this matter closed.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I needed to transfer money from my 401K to an IRA. I called their listed number. Their listed number, after running through a lengthy phone tree, directed me to call a different number. I called that number and spoke to a representative who thanked me and transferred me to an "account specialist" who could help. That person took all of my information, then asked me if I had a financial advisor on the line. I said, "No." He told me he couldn't perform the transaction without a financial advisor on the line and that he'd need to transfer me. I asked how long it would be. He said, "Just a couple of minutes." It's been 40 minutes. I'm still on hold, needing to go back to work shortly, but sitting on hold. I work in corporate America in New York City, and I will share this experience with others who work in Human Relations elsewhere. ADP gave me this time to review them, and I am more than pleased to share this nightmarish and thoughtless experience.

Hello Home Borrower,
    I'm sorry to hear of the challenges that you experienced with this process. I will forward the transcript of your review to our Retirement Services Participant's Service Center and have them arrange for a Service Specialist to contact you to either verify that you eventually got the help you needed or assist you, if not.
    Kind regards,

RP - ADP Client Experience

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I need help getting paystubs from my former employer. There is no way to do this and there is no live customer support. Company is a joke. 1 star. I recommend to improve your service you include live support.

Hello Ryan,
    I apologize for the frustration this has caused. We are not authorized to provide direct support to current or former employees without specific permission from the employer as they are the ADP Client. You can try to download paystubs and tax information at bit.ly/adptaxform. If you aren't able to there, you'll need to contact your previous employer's HR/Payroll person. They can help you directly or authorize their ADP Service Team to work with you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

If you are a small business and elect to do business with ADP, please be prepared- to deal with people who cannot be trusted or relied upon, do not take responsibility for their errors, not be made a priority, say one thing and then renege, not deal with someone who knows the status of an ongoing problem or make a decision and that if you do have an ongoing problem you will spend hours and hours of your precious life in automation hold, being placed on hold and getting the run around.

Over the course of 9 months ADP created a liability for our clinic of over $20,000 in unemployment taxes, penalties and late fees and interest because they failed to pay the CA-EDD as biweekly taxes are supposed to be paid. I notified ADP after I received the first notice from CA when the amount due was around $2-3,000.00 and they informed me that they were handling it and to ignore the statements being sent- that it was likely a mistake by the state of CA but reassured me multiple times that their tax department was handling it. Over the course of the next 7 months I continued to call them as the statements kept getting higher and higher. I was told 4x "not to worry about it that this was normal for these things to get ironed out." Finally, exacerbated, I called again and told them that this was on them- due to mistakes they had made and that we should not be liable for any of it.

In July, the state of CA garnished our bank account for $7350.00. After relentless and time consuming insistence that they pay this and not us they finally admitted all this was their error and that they would take financial responsibility for whatever was owed. I was so relieved!! Two weeks later, I received an invoice for another $3200.00 that they took the liberty of debiting from our account! When I called to confront them and ask what in the heck was going on- they simply said that they couldn't be responsible for our taxes and that they were authorized to take it out of our account. DON'T TRUST THEM! THEY ARE POOR STEWARDS.

Hello Martin,
    I'm very sorry to hear about this experience with our service and the frustration it has caused. I've relayed your message to our service leaders and asked them to look into this and reach out.

ADP Payroll Services Company Information