ADP Payroll Services
3.38/5

ADP Payroll Services

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From payroll to employee benefits, to taxes, retirement, and more, ADP is here to help you manage your business every step of the way. ADP has solutions for all business types and sizes. Whether you are a small, medium, large or multinational business, ADP will find the solution that best fits your business needs. Our leading solutions and team of experts will help you reduce costs and develop HR strategies that align with your business goals. Contact us today to learn more about our services and business solutions.

ADP Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1500 ADP Payroll Services Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: March 26, 2019

When I processed payroll, there was one person that was not processed. ADP staff worked with me and explained that the taxes would be taken out and the amount of payroll check to the employee needed to be issued in the correct amount. It was very simple and easy. No headache over it. Did not take long, actually, it was handled and I was off the phone in the normal amount of time payroll normally takes. The one request I would have is that the employees speak better English. At times it is very hard to understand what they are saying. I do not want to offend anyone by constantly saying excuse me I did not hear what you were saying. I heard it, I just could not understand them.

Rates to process payroll for 5 employees is extremely high! I have been reviewing other options because spending that much bi-weekly for 5 employees is too expensive. I have gotten quotes that are offering to handle everything ADP does for Dean Miller Broadcasting Corp. and it is half the cost monthly. I do not want to leave ADP, however, the cost is definitely an issue and at half the price it would not be wise not to consider it. I know it has been like 4 years ago that our account was reviewed and our cost was dropped. Could you please have someone review our account again and have them email me to discuss how to lower these fees **. Thank you.

Hello Loretta,

Our goal is to make your payroll easy and effortless and I'm glad to hear we were able to assist you quickly. Thank you for being our client.

Regards,

Pauline - ADP/Client Experience

Get expert buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Since joining ADP I have had a good experience with each team member. However, my concerned is with the Human Resource department. Numerous of times, I have reached out to HR to discuss certain employee issue, like written warning, how to terminate an employee, etc. But every time I needed more information on a certain matter I would contact HR and would get different representatives, given me different suggestions on how I should resolved a matter. But to give them credit, each representative would asks me what state that my business is located and would reflect on the state laws in my region.

However the advice on how I should carry out a written warning, or termination would be different from each representative. Instead of ADP HR being a call center, each representative should be held responsible for various accounts with different employers. For example, if there is thirty HR representative working in a call center, each person should be assigned 10 clients. So when an employer need HR advice they can speak with their HR representative directly, not randomly or different agents giving different suggestions.

Hello Lasandra,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for this mostly positive review. I am going to forward it to leaders from your ADP Service Center and will ask them to have someone contact you regarding your H.R. concerns.

ADP - Client Experience

Original review: March 9, 2019

I am the CFO & COO of an educational services firm with fluctuating payroll, but I am very tech savvy, and ADP had some solid options for me to consider. I was at Paychex and they got too costly and services didn't warrant that premium vs. ADP. Sales team at ADP knew my needs before I even asked based on a quick survey call and provided me with a no pressure proposal and let me make the decision. My experience with ADP has been fantastic. Every client has their own story, and this is mine. It will take a strong force to pull me away from ADP. We have a strong relationship where my sales rep knows me now personally and what I need and look for in ADP. This is invaluable and something other firms miss as after the sale is closed as the contact drops after 90 days.

I have been with ADP over a year and I chat with my original sales rep every quarter. The goal is for small business owners to network with their vendors (big or small) and create mutually beneficial relationships, this is when all parties win!! I refer prospects all the time and should they utilize ADPs services I benefit, ADP benefits and my referral benefits. Mainly due to cost effective services with easy user interfaces for small business and I receive referral credits such as up to one year of free payroll or $2,500 credit max. All I can say is ADP has been good to me and should others do their homework and know their own needs 100% then ADP will be good to you as well. ADP is in a highly competitive space, especially with more cloud based startups, but experience and longevity outweigh the newest fad for tech as ADP has been around for many ups and downs and stills remains at the top of the industry. Something to be said for the latter.

Hello Patrick,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the very positive review. It's wonderful to hear that you see the value of our products and services.

I will forward your feedback to Sales Leadership to they can give kudos to your assigned Sales Representative. I believe that would be Ariel.

Original review: March 7, 2019

It's more up little down that explains my relationship with ADP. Our relationship goes back to when the company main office was on Route 3 in Clifton. ADP have the sources and the complete package to beat similar companies in the market but also have some problems when changes needed to be done but overall they are the best company doing payroll and handling payroll taxes. I have a great experience dealing with customer support and I am lucky they assign me a nice person taken my data every two weeks. The reason I never give the max points myself included is there always room to improve. As far as recommending the company to everyone there is no questions. Yes there might be other companies offers less cost but I always believe you pay for the product you get as long as it's reasonable.

Hello Adel,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the mostly positive review. I can appreciate the "room for improvement." It's great to hear that you would recommend ADP, without hesitancy.

I will relay your kind words to your ADP Service Center. They may reach out to thank you and to glean more information as to how we might improve things, as we strive for to provide you with a perfect service experience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

In general we are happy with RUN; it has made handling payroll very easy and quick. I wish we could change the frequency of the pay so she gets paid once a month, at the beginning of the month, for the next month but by the weeks in a given month. If the first day of the month falls on a Monday, and there are 4 weeks to the month but 3 extra days at the end, she gets 4 weeks pay for the month and the extra three days are paid on the next pay. I was told if someone gets paid for the month, ADP can only paid the first through the last day of the month. Too complicated in some cases, like ours! We went with a payroll company so it would be easier, not more difficult. I believe I am charged much to run pay for the one employee I have. Updated 03/11/2019

I have no incentive to keep using ADP. It's expensive to run pay for 1 person.

Cynthia,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I would be happy to pass this along to the team who oversees your account, to review your billing and see if there is anything we can do to accommodate the pay frequency/amount scenario you describe above.

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have worked with ADP for 10 years without one issue. On time, accurate, no issues ever. Fast, easy to use platform for entering payroll, easy reports and downloads, W-2's arrive lightning fast and have never had one complaint from an employee. Several Payroll companies have been knocking down my door and decided to read the reviews here. I am staying with ADP. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If you need a payroll provider, go with ADP. If you are with ADP, stay with them. Cheers.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

As an independent, small CPA firm, it is not possible to offer all services to all clients. ADP is my go to for all things payroll related for all of my clients. When someone needs payroll or HR services, I hand them my rep's card. I have NEVER had a negative comment on the way they are treated or the exceptional service they receive.

I use ADP for my own payroll as well as HR needs for my office. Again - always fast, friendly, exceptional service. Accurate payroll processing is important and they handle everything from EIN set-up to quarterly and annual filings. It's like having my own "easy button" when it comes to ADP - what are you waiting for... let them do for you what they have done for me!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I want to start by saying ADP is violating Arizona State laws by holding child support more than 2 days per the court order. My ex gets garnished for child support bi-weekly. It has been 2 weeks late again. This has gone on for 4 months. I have a special needs child. I have messaged them on social media, called corporate, emailed, and called over and over. They give me the same scripted response placing blame on their client my ex husband's employer. They have 0 transparency. It went as far as being 2 months behind and ADP held my son's money. It's illegal and ethically wrong.

If the court order says 2 days and ADP holds it they are liable to fines. I am investigating a lawyer today to escalate this. I have dozens of recorded calls over their garnishment dept lying to me. Someone needs to hold these companies responsible. It is just very shady they can't resolve anything and you can't reach anyone who can actually fix things or give your accuracy. My ex husband's payroll lady is actually going to be switching payroll for all their locations via corporate because of their mishandling of my situation. They are going to lose a big client because they are so interested in making interest off garnished funds. Shame on you ADP.

ADP Payroll Services response

We will be happy to look into this for you. If the garnishee's employer users our Wage Garnishment product our team can assist. If they do not that means they process the garnishments on the employer side. Please private message us with the garnishee's full name and employer company name so that we can review this. JC

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Anytime I need help you all are very helpful. I don't ever feel unimportant. Customer service is most important to me. System is easy to navigate and make changes. Payroll is a breeze. If have questions it's usually quick and easy to get an answer.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have found working with ADP team members to be helpful and easy. Sales to Client Services staff, my experience is has been excellent. I have and will continue to recommend ADP Services in the future.

ADP expert review by Loy Loveless

ADP has served over 610,000 clients with cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) for over 60 years. Its services help businesses of all sizes take on human resources, payroll, talent, tax and benefits administration tasks using technology to simplify processes. ADP tailors its payroll services for small, midsized, large and multinational business solutions.

• Small business solutions: ADP’s small business payroll solutions are made for companies with up to 50 employees and come in three packages: Essential, Enhance and Complete plus HR. Essential payroll lets you run the software online, by phone or using ADP’s mobile app. It features services like direct deposit, payroll delivery, electronic reports, general ledger interface, eTimecard, 1099 and W-2 and tax filing. Enhanced payroll features everything from the Essential package plus HR tips and resources to keep you informed, while the Complete package includes a full range of HR tools.

• Midsized business solutions: ADP’s midsized business payroll solutions are for companies with 50-1,000 employees and comes in three packages with varying features that help you manage things like payroll, tax filing and payroll tax compliance. ADP’s midsized business payroll automation gives your employees mobile access to pay statements, W-2s and self-service tools.

• Large business solutions: ADP’s large business payroll solutions are for businesses with over 1,000 employees. You can integrate payroll with HR, timekeeping and benefits administration tasks, simplify for PTO accrual and take advantage of online reports for better analysis. ADP’s large business payroll solutions minimize the challenges big companies face by simplifying its cloud-based software to make keeping track of every employees payroll and tax information.

• Multinational business solutions: ADP offers two packages for businesses with global workforces to help them manage their payroll. ADP GlobalView is an integrated suite of global HCM services, including talent management and payroll expertise services. The ADP Streamline package is a multinational payroll software that gives businesses access to consistent, multi-country payroll data and minimizes the need for in-country payroll specialists.

• Pricing: Interested companies can request a quote online for each of ADP’s payroll solutions. They offer your first two months for free when you sign up for an account.

• Best for: companies of any size that are looking for a cloud-based payroll software.

Profile picture of Loy Loveless
Loy Loveless Payroll Services Expert

A Certified Payroll Professional since 1993, Loy Loveless has mastered the payroll service industry in a variety of business settings. She has completed the Global Certificate Program with the American Payroll Association and is an active member of the Dallas Chapter APA.

ADP Payroll Services Company Information