Call toll free
4.07/5
Based on 370 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From payroll to employee benefits, to taxes, retirement, and more, ADP is here to help you manage your business every step of the way. ADP has solutions for all business types and sizes. Whether you are a small, medium, large or multinational business, ADP will find the solution that best fits your business needs. Our leading solutions and team of experts will help you reduce costs and develop HR strategies that align with your business goals. Contact us today to learn more about our services and business solutions.

ADP Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

973 ADP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Payroll is very easy and user friendly as to make it easy to avoid errors. Changing information is well protected, but not time consuming at all. I find that getting payroll complete saves half the time with ADP in comparison to other payroll programs I have used.

Donna,
Easy & effortless are what we strive for in supporting your business. I am glad to hear about your positive experience! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback!

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Get expert buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

As a small business with 16 employees, ADP is a lifesaver! It is great that I do not have to figure the taxes that need to be deducted from each employee's paycheck. I would highly recommend ADP for a small business.

Hello Paula,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you for taking time out of your busy day to post this positive review.

I will forward your feedback to leaders from your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Customer service is always helpful whenever I call with questions and concerns. The program is very easy to use the calculations are fast and accurate. My check stubs arrive promptly and early in the day.

Hello Aasiyah,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the positive review and kind words. I'm glad to hear that you find our service reps. to be consistently helpful and the programs easy to use.

I am forwarding your review to leaders from your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The different ADP employees that were involved in getting the payroll set up and running smoothly had the training and knowledge to be very helpful and the whole process was not painful but extremely easy. Thanks.

Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit this positive review. We appreciate your kind words and we value you as our client.

I will forward your feedback to your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have a very small not for profit business and use ADP for payroll. So far I have only good things to say. I am happy to say that I have no complaints whatsoever. Their reminders are helpful and the paychecks always arrive promptly. The times that I have had a question the people that were helping me on the phone were very knowledgeable and answered the phone promptly. Customer Service is better than most companies I deal with nowadays. Thank You.

Hello Eudora,

On behalf of ADP, I would like to thank you for the glowing review. It's great to hear that you have no complaints at all. If you ever do, please contact your service team and let us know how we can help.

I am forwarding your feedback to leaders from your ADP Service Center.

ADP - Client Experience

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We were notified that there was an issue with reporting our unemployment taxes. I asked our accounting company (Gonzalez Associates) to work with ADP to resolve a tax reporting issue. I don't know for sure, but I believe it has been resolved.

Hi Sharyn,

Thank you for the positive review.

I'm going to reach out to my escalation contacts from your ADP Service Center and instruct them to contact you to provide you with a current and ongoing status update(s).

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My client started receiving below par service when he added a second location. Employees were erroneously deleted, hourly rates and hours were wrong. Client attempted to reach someone at ADP to correct and find out what happened. The only answers he got were we don't know what happened and we don't know how to correct it. I thought he was misunderstanding the process until I just had my own first hand experience. He finally closed his account and moved on to another company and the got a termination notice for his worker comp insurance. ADP was the broker of record and handled every detail for the client from day one.

When he closed the account he was told the accountant (me) had 30 days to view any reports, etc. I tried to log in 10 days later and was locked out. His regional rep said I should try "terminated" clients, which of course I had already done. That was the end of her assistance. When I tried to have her fix the insurance issue, she said she had no idea there were any problems even though the client's employee had spoken with her on several occasions. Her reply to me was I really wish I could help you but since he's no longer a client, I can't. No one was able to tell me why I was locked out or to have my login reinstated. Poor client service. I will try to convince my other clients to go elsewhere after this.

Hello Cynthia,

I would like to reach out to our Insurance Services Leadership Team and ask them to arrange for an appropriate ADP associate/leader reach out to you to discuss your concerns and see if there's anything we can do to help you with this now.

They will almost certainly need our former client's company level information (Legal Name, FEIN, ADP co. code, policy number etc.). Please private message me with as much of this information that you can provide and I will make these arrangements on your/our former client's behalf.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have used ADP for payroll for about 15 years now. They are accurate, prompt, and I have never had any trouble with them filing the correct payroll taxes. My accountant is actually the person that recommended ADP to me. I now have RUN online payroll, which is extremely convenient and cuts down on the amount of paper that I need to file. Much easier to put a pdf into a folder on my computer. Highly recommend.

Hello Theresa,

We are so happy to hear this feedback. We strive to make payroll effortless for your organization. Thank you for being our client!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable. System easily used. Reports and updates are easily accessible and formatted. Contact of main office: HR & Support answers the phone and provide answers to my questions.

Hi Marites,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The software is pretty easy to follow but I have had a positive experience every time I have had to contact ADP for support! The price is very affordable and ADP was exactly what our small business was looking for, thank you ADP!!!

Hi Megan,

Thank you for the positive review and kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that you see the value in the products and services ADP provides to you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have been an ADP client for many years and very happy with their service! ADP communications are always on time and they keep me up to date with any changes that may occur! I never had any issues and all their reports are always accurate! Thanks ADP.

Omar,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Meeting with Karina - Reviewed Employee Handbook, set stage for exempt/non-exempt criteria, job descriptions and posters, bulletin board requirements. Need follow-up access to ADP Resource site and look forward to working with ADP.

Hi Philip,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! I've passed along your feedback to the management team who oversees your account.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The sales representative from client services always answers my questions quickly, accurately and always seems to be smiling with their voice. If I don't understand they review the whole problem with me and give me suggestions on how to complete my task.

Cheryl,

We’re delighted to read your feedback about our service! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide exceptional service for each customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Ongoing account services good, still trying by to navigate all the resources to utilize them as much as possible. Week to week the platform is user friendly and extremely informative. I do wish the health insurance link was showing error message. Not sure if that will allow to track/pay group health or not.

Hello Chrystie,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

ADP is always friendly and ready to help when I call them. They remove all the stress from the payroll operation. I have everything set up automatically so there is never a need to contact them unless I am distributing bonuses.

Hello Glenda,

Thank you for the positive review and kind words. We're pleased that you consistently receive professional and friendly service from our associates, as you deserve.

I will forward your feedback to leaders of your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I was always having issues with my Payroll until I got ADP. Great Service for a small Business that needs help Payroll and Dealing with Taxes. No I don't worry about it and all the paperwork that goes with it is handled by ADP. If I need to know something just call them or go online and get the info from my account.

Hi Edward,

It's wonderful to hear that ADP has made your payrolls a smoother experience.

Thank you for positive review and kind words. I will forward your feedback to leaders from your ADP Service Center.

Kinds regards,

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Always on target when I have a question about anything, best decision made to control our operation. They keep me up to par with any new laws and guidelines in running our business. Always available when I have called them at any time.

Hi Daniel,

On behalf of ADP, I'd like to thank you for the positive review and kind words. It's wonderful to hear that you're so happy with your decision to join ADP. We appreciate you for being our client.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I love the RUN system. It is easy to use. I also love their new Chat feature which allows you to access help from a representative when you just have quick questions rather than having to go through the phone system. I have been using RUN since its inception and it has just gotten easier and more refined with each update.

Hi Gerrie,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the positive review and kind words. We love hearing how much you love RUN.

Thank you for being our client.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

All of the customer service representatives have been very helpful and patient. That is exactly what is needed sometimes when things are not correct, being reassured the problem is going to be corrected for your employee.

Hello Glenda,

On behalf of APD, I would like to thank you for this positive review. It's wonderful to hear that our Service Associates have been consistently helpful and patient.

I will forward your feedback to leaders from your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Having used other payroll systems, I am incredibly impressed with ADP. They are the most comfortable and user-friendly of all. The reports are automatic and precise. I am extremely pleased with the quality of customer service ADP has provided to me.

Hello Ileen,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the positive review and kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that you have found that RUN provides a user-friendly interface and precise processing.

I am forwarding your feedback to the leaders from your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

ADP Client service people are Always courteous and expedient in helping with issues. Thank you Team ADP. I appreciate the security process, as well, when I call to get help. This month we have been with ADP for 7 years.

Hello Maria,

Thank you for your feedback! Our service teams strive to exceed our client's expectation each time. At ADP security is taken very seriously and we're happy you have been with us so long!

Thank you for being our client.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Take the burden off of me so I can concentrate on other important details. The filing of my taxes and paying unemployment tax are hassle free. When time to filing taxes at the end of the year, my employee's W2 form —- taking care of for me.

Hi Lonnie,

We are glad to hear that ADP can take this burden off of your shoulders so you can concentrate on your business. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our clients in many. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had no idea how to do a garnishment on one of our employees. I called and was very happy that I called as I was going to do it wrong. ADP walked me through the procedure in a very short amount of time. Thank you.

Hi Cathryn,

I am happy to hear that ADP was able to assist you so easily and quickly. Our service teams strive to meet each client's needs when working with them.

Thank you for being our client!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

ADP was sent an order to stop wage garnishment for child support due to my child turning 19. 2 weeks later my check is still being garnished. After calling one day and being told they never received the order I called the next day and was told they received it and it had been processed and that I have not had child support deducted from my check since July 24th. I told her I'm looking at my last 2 pay stubs and it had. After arguing with her for about 5 minutes I finally called my employer and they contacted ADP and told me that ADP was investigating the matter. I could barely understand the lady on the line from ADP. Horrible accountability and customer service. STOP GARNISHING MY WAGES. YOU HAVE THE COURT ORDER.

Benjamin,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could kindly, via PRIVATE response, confirm your employer's company name and/or your wage garnishment Case Number for me, I will get the right folks engaged on this end to review the garnishment & provide you with assistance.

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Aline card: Horrible company! They take money out of your account and say they will mail you a check and they never do. They took out $1,500 from my account and is saying they mailed the check. It has been a month now yet no check. They cannot explain why not. They have stolen my money and somehow they don't get in trouble for it. If anybody else steals your money they get in trouble, who in the world holds them accountable? They took my $1,500 out of my account a month ago and I have no way to get it back other than to call them and get told that it has been mailed which is a lie. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with or even ever heard about. I disagree with the one star that I have to put on here.

Ashley,
I would be happy to have our Aline card team take a look at this situation, which sounds very unusual. They will reach out to you later today, to help get to the bottom of what has occurred with your Aline card account.

Update (8/20):
Ashley,
It is my understanding that Arianna on our Aline card team was in touch with you, and coordinated the stop-payment of the check in question & had a replacement check overnighted to you. She has not heard back from you to confirm you are all set. So should you need anything else, you can reach Arianna via the contact information provided in her email, or you can connect back with me here.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We have been dealing with ADP for many years. It is great that we can pay our work's compensation thru PayGo weekly. Reports are easy to read. Reps are very helpful and professional and the overall experience is quite pleasant. We would recommend ADP to anybody with a small business like ours - makes my end of bookkeeping much easier!

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the kind words. We certainly appreciate you for being our loyal/longtime client.

I will ensure that leaders from your ADP Service Center receive your compliments.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

UPS occasionally lets both ADP and its clients down by not making "on-time" deliveries. Also, on occasion, the wait time is totally unreasonable and the offer of a callback for your place in line doesn't work in my business. I am not available at the back and call of ADP to interrupt conferences with clients, phone calls, or court appearances just to accommodate an ADP callback. Otherwise, my experience with ADP, once I get to a representative has been very positive.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the positive review. I am concerned about the UPS delivery & wait time challenges. I will arrange for an ADP Service Leader contact you to see if there's anything we can do to help.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The experience with ADP has been relatively trouble free in terms of changing payroll and staff. The opportunity to go through and make instantaneous changes has been very positive. I will refer others to ADP.

Hello Tomas,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for this positive review. It is heartening to hear that your ADP Service Teams are proving you with excellent service and we certainly appreciate recommendations.

Thank YOU for being our client!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

They were patient and understanding with all my questions. Service was excellent. My agent was helpful with the application process. He went out of his way to meet me on my job site. Thanks for the support.

Darrell,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am so glad to hear about your positive experience here at ADP, particularly as a newer client to our services! Please do not hesitate to reach out to your ADP Service team if we can provide any other support to you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have been with ADP for over a decade now. Their customer service is amazing and I find RUN ADP so user friendly and convenient! It really helps with accounting and bookkeeping to have all the reports available to me. Happy ADP customer.

Karen,
I am glad to hear about your positive experience, exactly what we strive for in supporting your business! We appreciate your support, your business & your long partnership with ADP!

ADP expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ADP has served over 610,000 clients with cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) for over 60 years. Its services help businesses of all sizes take on human resources, payroll, talent, tax and benefits administration tasks using technology to simplify processes. ADP tailors its payroll services for small, midsized, large and multinational business solutions.

• Small business solutions: ADP’s small business payroll solutions are made for companies with up to 50 employees and come in three packages: Essential, Enhance and Complete plus HR. Essential payroll lets you run the software online, by phone or using ADP’s mobile app. It features services like direct deposit, payroll delivery, electronic reports, general ledger interface, eTimecard, 1099 and W-2 and tax filing. Enhanced payroll features everything from the Essential package plus HR tips and resources to keep you informed, while the Complete package includes a full range of HR tools.

• Midsized business solutions: ADP’s midsized business payroll solutions are for companies with 50-1,000 employees and comes in three packages with varying features that help you manage things like payroll, tax filing and payroll tax compliance. ADP’s midsized business payroll automation gives your employees mobile access to pay statements, W-2s and self-service tools.

• Large business solutions: ADP’s large business payroll solutions are for businesses with over 1,000 employees. You can integrate payroll with HR, timekeeping and benefits administration tasks, simplify for PTO accrual and take advantage of online reports for better analysis. ADP’s large business payroll solutions minimize the challenges big companies face by simplifying its cloud-based software to make keeping track of every employees payroll and tax information.

• Multinational business solutions: ADP offers two packages for businesses with global workforces to help them manage their payroll. ADP GlobalView is an integrated suite of global HCM services, including talent management and payroll expertise services. The ADP Streamline package is a multinational payroll software that gives businesses access to consistent, multi-country payroll data and minimizes the need for in-country payroll specialists.

• Pricing: Interested companies can request a quote online for each of ADP’s payroll solutions. They offer your first two months for free when you sign up for an account.

• Best for: companies of any size that are looking for a cloud-based payroll software.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Roseland
NJ
www.adp.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business