ADP

Hi Jonell! Thank you for taking the time to review our products and services. We strive to make our products customizable and easy to use for our clients, so thanks for pointing that out!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We use ADP payroll and Pay-By-Pay workers comp and I must say we LOVE THEIR SERVICES!!! Very easy to use the RUN ADP on our computer or even the mobile app. When we call into ADP for certificates of insurance, we receive them very easily and quickly.

Andrea,

We have just signed up to partner with this site. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I have avoided ADP and companies like it for years because the reimbursement process is so cumbersome as to be extremely stressful and even more so time consuming. I was not able to register and they were not at all helpful in rectifying this. Being registered would have made my life much easier. Instead, I faxed requests, which they claimed never to receive. I then mailed (via USPS) and they quickly reimbursed me. If only I could register. I've called many times and I think I'm going to send a letter so that maybe they would take my request more seriously. I was alarmed because I have > $500 stowed away with ADP for health care reimbursement for the year. That's a lot of money to not have easy access to.

Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our solutions, and for choosing us over the rest! Glad you find our products easy to use.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I have been using ADP for 3 years now. I only have two employees but for just $50 a month I am able to run a monthly payroll and they pay all my taxes and handle be W-2s. I originally learned about them in a review at **, (where Intuit was #1). Ironically we tried 3 different services, including intuit, and ADP has outperformed them all.

Michael

I am sorry it's been so frustrating. If you ask your employers payroll/hr contact so that they can reach out to their ADP Support team and get this fixed once and for all for you. That should get it cleared up for you quickly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

For almost two years, my Ipay has NOT updated with my pay stubs. There's next to no way to contact the company, and the ticket I put in to contact them, is still saying "please wait" and not actually submitting. I'm very dissatisfied and confused on how to fix any of this.

Hi Raychel,

I have asked our service team to look into this and will respond here as soon as I have more information.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Over 2 months ago I filed a dispute on my ALINE card. I was told I would be receiving emails/mail regarding status and any information requested. Mail came late or not at all and I never received any emails. They requested a letter and supporting documents which I submitted within the required time frame. I never heard anything from them. I called to follow up and was told they never received my info which I told them I faxed. They then found it and said it would be processed by the end of the week.

I call 2 weeks later and am told the case was closed because they didn't receive the required documents. I told them it was faxed and they said they would check on it. Again they found the fax. But told me the case was closed because I did not send in the documents. Now they claim to have started the process all over. It's going on 3 months and have no idea what is truly going on. This is extremely frustrating and I plan on cancelling the card once this is settled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

ADP

In order for us to research this we will need the employees information. First and Last name, Employers name and address all as they appear on the paystubs. Without this we cannot review.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My husband has been with GM for many many yrs. & all the sudden 7 weeks ago we got a wage garnishment letter saying that Indiana state IRS was garnishing for 1900 supposedly owed. ADP approved it & started taking 90% of each week's check for 7 weeks now. I owed supposedly 1900 total & they have taken 2800 so far & still haven't stopped. The IRS said they are not allowed to take that much of our pay because some act protects us for a max. taken of 25% each week until the 1900 is met & then is to be stopped immediately.

So we found a lawyer & are suing because we have 4 daughters & now haven't been able to pay any bills at all & everything is in shut off or in pursuit of being taken. Anyone who has this issue needs to teach them they can't get away with this & I would recommend suing them for not complying with court orders & disobeying a federal act. I hope they realize people have to live still & maybe they should do what is right.

ADP

Please provide your first and last name as well as your employers information as they appear on your paystubs so that we can research this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

ADP sent me two debit cards and none of them works. My employers deducts the money out my paycheck for my FSA and my FSA and HSA cards from ADP doesn't work. I was given excuses such as the card wasn't active, I had two separate accounts so I needed two separate cards. I received the 2nd card and it didn't work. Their representatives hung up the phone. On multiple occasions I was told to submit my claim by forms. But my cards still don't work.

ADP

Our hold times are longer than usual as this is year end for everyone. We do apologize for the frustrations.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I have been trying to contact customer service with ADP for months and I am always on hold for almost 15 minutes and just hang up. My card was suspended and I lost $60 because I couldn't substantiate prescription co-pays on time. I never had to do this in my 3 years of having my account. Now I have $2600 in my account that I can't even use because I can't talk to anyone. I will not be doing this another year!

Anil,

Please provide your employers information so that we can look into this for you. Also are you having an issue with the commuter benefit or the ADP Debit card? Please provide the site you are trying to access.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I had a ADP trip account and money was promptly deducted from my pay check and I was given a ADP debit card to purchase the metro card (MTA New York), which I was using for my commute to work. Sometimes ADP debit card didn't work and since I had to go to work, I purchased metro card using my personal credit card. So when I left that employer on June 30, 2016, $240 was left in my account.

When I called ADP, first their representative told me that there is no reimbursement mechanism, I've to use the debit card for expenses toward my commute to work. I would like to know whether that any reimbursement mechanism if money left over in the account due to faulty ADP debit card or blocking of account by ADP. I have called ADP several times now. They told me to talk to my previous employer's HR and HR representative told me talk to ADP. Now I have moved moved from NY and I don't work for that employer. Last time when I checked my ADP debit card, they have blocked that and also my access to the trip account. Can ADP keep its member's money this way?

Bryan,

Please message us the name of your employer as well as your first and last name as they appear on your paystubs so that we can research this for you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Child Support order was reduced at the beginning of December 2016. I'm paid weekly by the same company it's been deducting the past 4 years. Since the order was updated, ADP has now continually withdrawn 2x the amount from my weekly check. I've called 7 times, each time saying I'm still paid weekly and nothing has changed, and told it's still an "open ticket" and everyone I've spoken to said it's fixed, they're "monitoring it" and I should have no further problems. I was reimbursed the 1st week "mix-up" but I'm waiting for the others to be reimbursed. Then today, another 2x withdraw amount. Unacceptable and can't get anyone to actually fix it!

Rene,

I am very sorry to see the poor experience below. Please send a private response with your company code and region along with company name all as they appear on ADP documents. If you could please provide the name of the employee and phone number you dialed trying to reach her we can review what occurred. First we want to make sure your account is set up the way you need it to be.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I have been with ADP for two years. I own two small businesses & was referred to them by my accountant. The first problem I have had was a communications problem apparently when calling in payroll. An employee did not get her first direct deposit. I personally called and did not receive good service. Finally I found out they had the wrong checking account. This was for the payroll of 12/16. After much back and forth I thought it was resolved.

Today on 12/29 I found the amount deducted from my checking account again. I called the rep who inundates my email with sales spams. Upon calling her she simply gave me a phone number. After holding on three different times because they are busy (so am I), they were unable to help me. Two hours later I was no closer to getting this resolved. They could not see the deduction from their end and wanted me to fax them back account debit. I found this pretty ridiculous since they were in my account and they should have the records.

My next action was to call back the rep Tiffany ** again. This woman refused to help me without me making a conference call and gave me major attitude. What occurs next is something I have never in my 62 years of life witnessed. I asked for her supervisor. She told me to get a pen and write it down. Next she said "**." I am very serious and am writing this out so it is understood those were her full words. I called the main office and am awaiting resolution. I still don't know why my account was debited 24 hours later. And this person simply ruined a productive day by not helping me. My first problem was a fiasco. Not resolved and cursed out.

Ami,

I am sorry to see the frustrations below. Please let us know if you need assistance currently.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

The ADP healthcare reimbursement process is so ridiculous and frustrating. I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get resolution to an issue to which no one seemed to be able to help. Their website is so difficult to navigate. The process of substantiation is laborious at best and they hope that you don't take the time to navigate the process so they can keep your money. There is NO incentive for them to assist you because they have the power to keep your money if they don't find your documentation sufficient. It's a total scam company - thoroughly disgusted with their customer service and process! Stay away from them!

ADP

FSA policies are mandated by the IRS/Federal Government. The policies are not of ADP choices. If you submit your payment as asked and requirement your account will be corrected.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My FSA Debit card was presented for payment at a doctor's visit. Received notice that my FSA card with an available balance of over $1,600 was frozen and could not be used because the doctor charged and was paid $14.14 over the allowable charge. On more than one occasion I contacted ADP to rectify the problem. The last telephonic communication occurred on 12/29.

After waiting 27 minutes for someone to pick up the phone and after almost an hour communicating I was advised that although I offered to re-pay the $14.14 personally in order to release my card with my money for use. The only way to resolve was to send in via postal mail a check or money order for $14.14. Any charges that I incur and need to use my money on my FSA card would need to be paid by me out of pocket until they receive a paper check and process.

Although all charges and deductions from my account, my money gets transferred to ADP electronically they refused to accept any form of electronic or phone payment. So I am at risk of losing MY $1,600 because I do not have the money to advance payment for medical payments. This is a ludicrous method of operation and is ADP having access to my money and yet finding ways to keep me from using it.

ADP

Commuter expenses are mandated by federal guidelines not ADP choice. If there is an issue with this please contact your employer for assistance.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I started working at a big company 2 years ago. When I started I worked at one of their locations that didn't have parking so I was advised to get an expense account because it tax free. Since May I moved to another location that has parking and didn't the commute account anymore so I canceled it or so I was told. 6 months later I found out that they still deducting money from my check. I have $888 sitting in an account that I will never use. And they telling me I can't get that money back unless I use it for parking. I am very frustrated. It's a lot of money that I can use for my daughter's tuition.

Lisa,

In order to research this you will need to provide your employer information as it appears on your paystubs.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I received a letter from ADP stating I was being garnished by the IRS for back taxes, which I didn't owe to begin with. Regardless, they took out 100% of my pay and when I called to discuss the problem, I was told since it is the government they can take as much as they want. (I confirmed with the IRS that is not true and it is illegal to take 100% of someone's pay). This has continued for 7 weeks now, no pay but still working and the IRS sent an emergency garnishment cancellation but they still have not paid me. Not only is the incompetence rampant here but their customer service is beyond stupid and extremely rude. I have no clue on what to do or how to get my earnings. They have said they are now refunding my money but that was over 3 weeks ago, still nothing.

ADP

Mr. Rivera, We are sorry to see the concerns and frustrations with the product. Please let us know if this has been rectified or still outstanding.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Fraud Dept. called. Said "your card compromised," I said okay, standard sop, card cancelled. Sent a new one only it was sent on the 12/16/16. I got my direct deposit on 12/23/16. No ** card. Can't use stupid ass starter check. No one takes them. Can't wire transfer to new bank because I need the ** new card number and _ _ _, so now no ** $, no xmas for my kids, no bills paid.

ADP

The information has now been updated in our system. The claim was processed and approved on 12/28/2016 with EFT set to deposit of 1/3/2017. If the participant would like more detailed information they can reach the Contact Center at 1800-678-6684.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Separated from job in June. I have been paying cobra FSA payments to continue the account. Paid in advance to reduce paperwork. Total of 1000$ paid. Website https://www.benedirect.adp.com confirms payment through 12/31/16. Keep submitting for reimbursement to https://myspendingaccount.adp.com. They keep denying claim because they say the account was closed in October. Case # **. Did not know this account was supposedly closed until the first submission in December. Only communication was the receipt of payment. Why can't one arm of the company talk to the other. Is it possible to take ADP to small claims court? Too small for a lawyer and too much to just give to a company that makes money off of their own incompetence.

These guys suck! I have money left on my card that they took out of my paycheck but they suspended the card waiting documentation that I have provided several times. Now they say the insurance EOB weren't in English. They were when I uploaded them, maybe if they had reps that could read English, that would be helpful. So frustrating to deal with.

Hi,

What number were you dialing? Our numbers do not connect to anything that has to do with Directv or cruises. Please let us know what number. Also if you still need assistance please let us know the name of your employer as it shows on your paystubs and your name as it appears as well.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Thank you for reading this review. I appreciate your customer service department taking the time to listen to what clients of your system have to say about it. Recently I began working at a company that gave me my first paycheck in the form of an ADP ALINE debit card. The card worked as well as a normal debit card--I bought gas and food with it the day I received it. Later that night I decided to transfer my $98.50 into my bank account, using the ADP website's transfer system. My routing number and account number went through, and I was told the money went over. But it didn't go over. My bank never received the money, and my attempts to find out where ADP really transferred the funds were fruitless. Whenever I clicked on the "statements" or "transactions" button on the website I was redirected to the main page and logged out.

I called the number for customer service and was treated to thirty minutes of "offers" from an automated woman's voice, asking if I wanted to speak to a T-Mobile representative, or if I wanted more information on a "$65.00" two night cruise to the Bahamas, or if I wanted a "free" one hundred dollar rebate, or if I wanted to speak to a DirecTV representative about their deals. After listening to each offer I was relieved to finally hear the automated voice telling me to hang up and call a different number, since the number "in my area" had changed. I called it anyway and was asked if I wanted to speak to a DirecTV representative. I hung up, accepting that I would never see my paycheck again.

I believe that companies like this and all the people who work in them are designated for an especially hot, dark corner of Hell. Moreover, I don't care that you (if you're reading this) work in customer service and aren't directly responsible. An illegal immigrant knee deep in offal at a slaughterhouse has more dignity in the products of their work than your folks at ADP. Your company is a distasteful joke and I sincerely wish that those of you who work at ADP lose your jobs.

ADP

Dustin, Are you a client or employee of an ADP client? We need the name of your company/employer and if you are a client your company code and region. Where are you expecting this money from? Paycheck, FSA, HSA, COBRA, Garnishment? Please give us more information to proceed with research.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I have a substantial amount of money that was deposited to my account on the previous Friday. It is still not showing as pending and when I contacted the customer service representative twice today, nobody has any information. All I want to do is confirm that the funds were sent Friday. But they claim they would have no knowledge of that which I know is not true. The customer service Representatives may not have that information but some Department in this company does. As a customer I would expect to get the answers that I need.

ADP

This was already addressed on Social Media. 12/19 Miss Falor messaged us on Facebook and the issue was resolved.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I had a weird moment at a store where the machine read back duplicate transaction. So I stopped my purchase altogether. I checked my history and I was still charged 3 times for that transaction. Then it happened again last night at a ATM. So I called and the lady I spoke to suggest I look back at the past month. I ended up going up to a year back and finding this has happened many times unnoticed. So I called again and asked to speak to management. Now I have called 3 times asking to speak to some sort of management and still haven't! I am very upset. I've been a long time customer who is now in fear of ADP!

Peggy

I am sorry to see the concerns raised. I have asked our leadership team to look into this and respond to first the agency then to you. Have you sent the agency tracer notice into ADP? I didn't see receipt of any new ones. If you have not already sent the notice/s in please send to agencynoticesetup@adp.com or fax 855-399-8439.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

ADP failed to file and submit payroll tax funds to the Fl Dept of Revenue for the 3rd quarter of 2015. After much correspondence with them, they FINALLY submitted in April 2016. However, they shorted the amount owed by $12.13 so $175.00 in penalty and fees and .75 in interest were added. I have tried to get ADP to respond to me - they have not. I have notified Fl Dept of Revenue of the issue, but they just want their $187.88. If payment isn't received within 22 days, they can seize our bank accounts, and place an injunction that prohibits us from continuing to employ workers. I would NOT recommend ADP to anyone!

Jennifer

Please send a private response with your company code and region as it appears on ADP documents if you would like us to look into this for you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

We switched to them and from the minute we started we had issues. I should have known to not move forward with them when one of the account set up members started an argument with me over emails so bad that our account manager had to pull her off our account. They entered SSN incorrectly, deductions incorrectly. We have many that have 401K and they never sent the payments to the company so I spent 4 hours fixing the balances that hadn't been sent. They were taking the money out just not sending it. I ended up having to go the DWD site and calculating all money missed in interest and we ended up paying that not them. In the 4 months we had them we paid them 1 time because of the constant mess up.

ADP

Jennifer if you would like us to look into this for you please message us with the name of your employer as it appears on your paystubs.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

The company I work for uses ADP for payroll services. I have child support that is payroll deducted, and ADP HAS NOT submitted these payments for the past 5 WEEKS!!! Therefore, I am looking at A LOT OF LEGAL ISSUES!!! Someone please tell me how this can happen, be tolerated... How can a company just "sit" on money??? I'm not the only one, there are at least 100 people going through this as well.

Dawn

In order to assist I need your name and company name exactly as it appears on ADP documents or your paystubs. Also please let us know what product, site or URL you are trying to use for this dispute so I know what team to contact for you.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Was trying to settle a dispute that was suppose to cleared up on your end that resulted in my account being over drawn $-159.00. This dispute has been going on a month and I was under assumption it was being taken care of being as though I follow my end and did protocol. Customer service reps and supervisor has been very rude. I was being placed on hold for nearly 1 hr. And I have a screenshot of my phone call to let you know how long. Please this needs to be address. I should not be treated so rude with money that should not of been taken out in the first place.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hi Julie,

I am sorry to see the concerns raised. If you would like us to look into this for you, we need you to sent a private message with the name of your employer as it appears on your paystubs and your name also as it appears on ADP documents.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I get a weekly direct deposit from ADP and there is always a issue with the deposit, I changed and updated my address 3 weeks prior to stopping my direct deposit and requested for a paper check via US mail. ADP stopped my direct deposit, issued me a paper check but sent it to my previous address 4 states away. I'm still waiting for my court-ordered child support.

Susan,

Sorry your expectations haven't been met. If you need assistance please message us with your company code/region and the name of your company as it shows on ADP reports.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

ADP needs to bring its support back to the US. There is such a huge cultural difference, that the call center I dealt with couldn't problem solve off the script. And the fact that the only way to make a payment for unresolved invoices to MAIL A CHECK!?!?!? Really? MAIL A CHECK??? What year is this?

John,

I see our service team contacted you and worked through this issue with you. Please let us know if you do not receive the credit as promised or your replacement card.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

My paycheck was deposited into my ADP account on Friday and on Sunday I received a call from the "fraud department" advising of "unusual activity." My balance was ZERO - money was taken out in increments of $400 from five different ATM machines. ADP refuses to reimburse the money while performing their "investigation" which could take between 30-90 days. This is paycheck money! I can't pay my bills until the next pay period. Every major bank in the United States reimburses money missing due to possible fraud the next day. It is the company's responsibility to secure their network - my card never left my wallet. ADP was HACKED in May, 2016 due to their lack of security yet I have to wait up to 90 days to get my money back?

ADP

Happy to help Courtney. Please send a private response with the company code and region as well as the company name as it appears on ADP reports. Once I have that I will have the service team escalate.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

ADP is the worst company I have EVER worked with in my professional career. We used them due to a referral from a bookkeeper. They allowed employees to fraudulently put themselves on our healthcare program and now we are in lawsuits with these employees due to what ADP allowed. We could NEVER get anyone on the phone to answer any questions. ESPECIALLY when it came to healthcare. Now I just got a notice that they didn't pay any of my taxes for 2016 so far and I have to go to court and show where these were paid. Since I canceled ADP I don't have access to any of these reports and of course ADP is clueless. Just spent 1.5 hours on the phone AGAIN!!! We will never use this company EVER EVER EVER!!!

Hi Pamela,

I do apologize for the frustrations. I have provided the feedback to the service team for training purposes.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I can't even write it out any better then my letter TO ADP can illustrate the issue. Recently I closed the bank acct into which I was getting direct deposit. I then changed the information on the ADP total source website so going forward my checks would get automatically deposited to my new account. Meanwhile, I spoke with someone at 2:43 pm on the 14th who told me what would happen was that the bank would reject my deposit and once they rejected it a paper check would be sent to my employer for me. The bank rejected it on the 17th. Not "once they rejected it AND...". Once they rejected it. That's it. Well, it was rejected on the 17th and did you issue a check? NO.

Today I got told all sorts of BS. I was told that if I was in a position where I needed the money I could ask my employer to write a check and ADP would take care of the "back end" of things. Did ADP tell me that when I talked to them on the 14th? NO. If they had I'd have never had a reason to call again. I may have chosen to do that but after this long it makes no sense to put my employer in a position to have to do more work for me, when it's YOUR JOB NOT HIS to do the work to get my money to me.

They also told me today that I would get a check at the same time as my next check. That is NOT THE SAME as "once it's rejected we'll reissue it". They also asked me today if I requested it be expedited. Well, when the moron on the 15th said "once it's rejected we'll reissue it" I had no reason to have it expedited or ask to have it expedited and had no knowledge that was something I could request. So now comes the question, if I COULD HAVE asked for it to be expedited then why was that not an option when I called TODAY? Does expediting even exist? Or were they just pretty sure today they could pretend it exists, ask if I requested it back on the 14th, and then cross their fingers I wouldn't ask any more questions?

I am the layperson, you guys are the (incredibly un-) professionals. On that first phone call ALL OF THESE OPTIONS should have been told to me. You are insensitive and unprofessional. I deeply regret that my employer has any relationship with you and there is nothing I can do but suck it up. The first person I spoke with, FAILED to tell me it wouldn't come out until the NEXT paycheck, FAILED to ask me/tell me I could have it expedited, and FAILED to tell me I could ask my employer to write me a check himself. Well, you can see. They failed, and failed, and failed again. You should seriously consider whether this person should be employed. My opinion is no. They stink at their job and I'm the one who is suffering for their inability to do things correctly. Thanks for nothing.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ADP provides cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions for over 650,000 clients around the world. They provide companies of all sizes with business solutions, including HR, payroll, talent management, time clock software, tax compliance and benefits administration and more. ADP provides HCM of some kind to over 80 percent of Fortune 100 companies.

• Solutions for businesses of all sizes: ADP has solutions for small, midsize, large and multinational businesses. Their is designed with business size in mind, so clients get the tools they need most. RUN is for smaller businesses. Workforce Now is for mid-sized companies, and Vantage HCM for is for large- and enterprise-sized organizations.
  • Partner solutions: In addition to working with businesses of all sizes, ADP also partners with independent accountants, consultants, financial advisors, benefits brokers, franchises and private equity to provide services and solutions.
  • ADP GlobalView HCM: Multinational companies of all sizes can benefit from ADP GlobalView HCM, which helps businesses recruit international talent, simplify HR administration and streamline communication.
  • Training: ADP hosts events and webinars for company leaders who want to learn more about compliance and other HR-related issues. Find their webinars online, and visit their website to see upcoming ADP events and trade show appearances.
  • ADP mobile solutions: Take your HR to-go with ADP’s mobile app, available free on most devices. Track and print pay statements, W2s and more right from your phone or tablet, and access all of your HR tools from anywhere, at any time.
  • Best for startups, small, midsize and large businesses, including multinational businesses.

ADP Company Profile