ADP Payroll Services

ADP Payroll Services
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5

ADP helps companies manage payroll, employee benefits, taxes, retirement and other services. The company has solutions for small, medium, large and multinational businesses. Its specialists work with businesses to reduce costs and develop human resources strategies that align with the business’s goals.

ADP Video
BOTTOM LINE

ADP is a highly rated payroll and human resources provider that offers flexible service packages. Its services are easy to use, but it doesn’t advertise pricing without a customized quote.

PROS
  • Easy to use
  • Mobile app
  • Flexible options
CONS
  • No free trials
  • No pricing info without a quote

Top ADP Payroll Services Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Great service. No crazy fees and very happy with my service. Customer service is wonderful and never had issues. I'm sticking with this card for a long time. Never hassled and the no crazy fees is the best.

I've used ADP card for years. Never a problem. Never been locked out. Easy to check balance. When I needed a new card they sent it pretty quick. Never had a problem using it either. Thanks ADP for the years of service.

ADP Payroll Services Get Pricing

What is ADP Payroll?

ADP Payroll is a service provider for companies of every size that offers payroll, human resources and other services. It works with businesses across many industries to help them save time and operate more efficiently.

Its additional service offerings include time and attendance tracking, talent management, employee benefits and outsourcing. ADP also offers a marketplace of apps and a library of resources and tools to help companies. Quotes and demos are free, which gives you the chance to find out more about how its HR services can work for your company without spending any money.

What does ADP do?

ADP replaces a traditional human resources or payroll department within a company and provides remote services to manage these tasks. Its basic plans offer payroll coverage for companies ranging from one to more than 1,000 employees. You can then add HR services, including guidance, process improvements and dedicated HR support. It also offers outsourcing solutions or co-employment services.

Mid-sized companies and larger may benefit from additional services. Its time and attendance option includes basic tools for full workforce management. For talent management, it offers recruiting, hiring, management and growth services. Its employee benefits packages include benefits administration, retirement, group health insurance, business insurance and workers’ compensation. The company can integrate its solutions with top software systems and other apps.

ADP pricing

Pricing is based on your company's size and the services you require. You can schedule a demo with an ADP professional or request a quote online. It offers several package tiers, starting with basic payroll services and ranging up to include full payroll and HR coverage.

ADP’s plans for larger companies include recruiting and hiring services, employee benefits and other services. Smaller companies may qualify for special promotions, including up to three free months of services.

ADP Payroll FAQ

Can I access ADP after termination?
Yes. After your separation from the company, you will have access to ADP for three years. However, it cannot provide login information or assistance, so be sure to keep track of your information.
Can I print my pay stub from ADP?
Yes, you can print your pay stub through ADP’s iPay service. You can view, download and print your statements through this online self-service kiosk.
Is ADP worth it?
If you devote a lot of time to HR and payroll management, ADP might be a worthwhile investment to improve efficiency and save time. You can also take advantage of its streamlined process and industry knowledge to help you provide the best service to your employees.
Does ADP pay early?
ADP does offer early pay, but it depends on whether your employer has opted for this service. If so, you’ll have instant access to your paycheck once your employer submits it.
What bank does ADP use?
ADP cards are issued through Fifth Third Bank. Its paycards have a variety of banking features and fewer fees than traditional accounts.

Is ADP safe?

ADP is a reputable, safe payroll and human resources service provider. It offers a variety of services to improve the efficiency of your small-to-large business, saving time and money along the way. Its customized approach doesn’t let it provide transparent pricing before speaking to a representative, so you need to schedule a demo or a quote for more cost information.

ADP Payroll Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP Payroll Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I have had my account for several years through my employer and I have to say that It has been working out really well. I'm able to get my direct deposit up to two day earlier if needed but I have not used that feature. I do wish there were more ways to make deposits to the account maybe something through the app like other banks have. I like the option of the online statements to cut down on paper and customer services has ALWAYS been very helpful and pleasant on the phone. Overall I'm very happy with my account!

Hello Roma,

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone.

Crystal / Social Service Specialist

Get buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I got the card from my old employer and I didn't think it was going to be that good but have been very happy with the results. The only thing that I had a problem with was being told that I had to pay $30 to get a replacement card overnight but I just went with the regular deal that took a week but ended up I never needed to use it so at least I have one just in case I lose the card I have now. But overall I am very happy with the services and the app. The app is easy to use and I know what is going on with my account when I use my Wisely card.

Hello Lilo,

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

For almost 2 years, I've used Wisely Pay Card. It's simple to use. I get paid and the money is on the card and ready to spend. It's easy to use everywhere I've shopped. It's free for me to track my paycheck and any spending expenses made with the card. I recommend the Wisely ADP Pay Card to anyone; it works well for me. I get all of the benefits of ADP for my paycheck and it's all neatly available for me to access what categories I'm spending. It's easy to use and I don't have to have a bank account to get paid and I use it like a debit/credit card (without typical monthly bank fees)!

Hello Kendra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our Cardholders.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I have been using the ADP app for about a year and six months to track paychecks and tip money from work. I love the new feature with the Wisely app that allows you to transfer X amount of money into different accounts. It makes it much easier to transfer the money from a paycheck to my other account that bills are taken out of. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 just because sometimes it glitches before pay day so I am unable to see how much I will be receiving. When that feature works it is awesome to be able to know for sure what I will be making. The ADP app breaks down where the money is coming from whether it is tips or hourly wage then what are taken out for taxes. Overall the two apps help me manage my money greatly.

Autumn,
    So glad to hear you are taking advantage of these features of our Wisely card and finding them helpful! Making these tasks easier is one of the things we strive for in supporting you.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback -

Christine / ADP Client Experience

Original review: May 20, 2020

Very satisfied overall with the functionality, my only recommendation would be to bring back the total account balance when a purchase alert is sent. I used to get a text when I paid for something that would show me how much I spent and what my remaining account balance was after that purchase, it was incredibly helpful and allowed me to avoid having to log in to my bank and risk my account security. Now I am very apprehensive to check my account balance when connected to public wifi, and it has resulted in either embarrassing situations when my card is declined, or not purchasing an item.

Hello Richard,

We have other text alert features such as when your balance falls below a certain amount, daily balance alerts, when you have a pending deposit and much more. All these alerts can be set up online or by calling Customer Service. I will provide your feedback to the appropriate department.Thank you for taking time to provide us your overall experience.

Crystal -Social Service Specialist

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 15, 2021

This is the worst payroll service on the face of the planet. Constantly messing up L&I rates. Don't trust the quarterly reports as they can't add. They can't even fill out the reports correctly. You need to constantly recheck their work, so I mean if getting audited is a favorite pass time, sign right up. Trying to talk to anyone about the issues is like talking to a piece of cheese. So in short, RUN...RUN FAST.

Hello Jacinta,

I'm sorry to hear of these concerns. I called you at the phone number provided on this review. I left a voice mail for you, to see if you could follow up to provide client identifying information. If you respond to me, I will have a leader from your ADP Service Center contact you to hear your concerns and see if there is anything they can help you with now.

RP - ADP Client Experience

Original review: March 11, 2021

ADP purchased our previous payroll company in mid 2020. They did not carry over the records from the previous company. I'm at 4 weeks now and the issue is still not resolved, placing me in a non-compliance position for filling. I've done the online requests, chat requests, phone request, etc. I've spent hours waiting on hold online and on the phone. I literally sent them a ledger on how to correct their errors and their correction was wrong again. Worst performing company that I've dealt with in a long time. Ironically, we left ADP because of their poor performance and then they bought the company we used after leaving them. Which also ironically is the part that can't get right. Here's a thought, when you purchase another company maybe you figure out how to transfer the data correctly first. I would warn any company to stay far away from ADP. Unless you like endless hold times and negligent work product.

Hi Stephen,

I'm very sorry to hear of your challenges/concerns with ADP. I believe that we didn't fully acquire your former service provider. Rather, we would have had an arrangement for partnership rights to convert clients. I mention this only because I'm not sure if ADP would have had the full access to prior data that an actual acquisition would have provided. Regardless, we apologize for your difficulties.

I would like to arrange for a leader from your ADP Service Center to contact you to hear your concerns. This might be a learning opportunity for ADP. They can also assist with any outstanding service needs you may have now.

Updated 03/23/2021 -

ADP reached out to Steve directly to review his concerns. The figures on the newly prepared forms were confirmed and PDF copies provided with hard copy forms to be delivered in the upcoming days. Regarding his comments around hold times; we are aware and are working to reduce out wait times as soon as possible.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Updated on 03/12/2021: Last week 4 thousand dollars was stolen from my husband's account. We reported it right away and asked for the card to be turned off. We filled a police report and forwarded all information to detective. We did everything we could do on our end. ADP has shown no empathy or competency whatsoever. We are being treated like criminals when we are victims. The dispute was closed because ADP reasoned that they checked the ledger at the ATM and the balance was on point meaning that money had to be dispersed. Guess what!? They checked the wrong ATM. WRONG ATM. WRONG COUNTY. What a thorough investigation right? No wonder the balance was on point. You are investigating the wrong ATM. The paperwork sent to us regarding the next two claims in which 2 more thousand dollars was withdrawn was full of errors, top to bottom. Wrong dates wrong amounts etc. It is very clear no such investigation was conducted.

We lost our entire tax return. ADP closed our account as if we are the problem. They closed my husband's account so that now we cannot receive our tax return nor can my husband receive his pay check. We have nothing. I have emailed and called over and over again and each time I get hung up on. This is not good business. I would like upper management to get involved and reprimand the person who dismissed our claims as they failed to do their job. Come on ADP do the right thing. It's just a little leg work and just a little bit of compassion and moral to do the right thing. It's your job. This doesn't affect you all at all but you have devastated my family. I don't want to have to write bad reviews I don't want to file complaint with the state. I don't want to fight for our money back. Please. We can't take no more. Upper management please respond.

Original review: What a shame. 1800 dollars was taken from my account after attempt to withdraw at Wells Fargo atm even though NO MONEY WAS DISBURSED nor a receipt. ADP failed to take dispute seriously and unwilling to investigate nor refund money. Days later a total of 2000 was withdrawn from my account in an entirely different county in which I never ever have made any financial transaction let alone even go to. ADP failed to recognize nor block fraudulent activity. When I reported it they seemed to care less. Within just a few days almost 4 thousand dollars was withdrawn from my account and I don't have one penny of it. Nearly my entire tax refund I worked so hard for. ADP is a scam. I'm on the verge of homelessness with 3 kids and a disabled wife. I have nothing to offer them and no way of providing. Shame on ADP.

VISIT BBB AND READ REVIEWS. THIS IS AN ONGOING ISSUE REGARDING FRAUD AND FAILURE TO ADDRESS ISSUE APPROPRIATELY. I offered to call police and make a police report, I offered to track down random ATMs to access video footage of the crimes but they told me it wasn't necessary. They don't care. I'm considering calling the news and contacting an attorney to look into a class action law suit. This is an ongoing issue with them. Shame on you ADP. My family had plans to use that money to move as we are currently being evicted (owner passed away and family inherited property and wants to sell in the midst of pandemic and housing crisis) what will we do now? A drop in the bucket to ADP but devastating for my children who are preparing to pack their things up in storage and live out of our car.

Hello Kenneth, 03/09/2021

Thank you for reaching out we can understand your frustration. I went ahead and escalated this over to our Dispute Management Team for further review. You should hear from them shortly.

Hello Kenneth,

The Team has informed they have attempted to reach several times to the phone number you have provided although they have only been able to leave a voicemails. Please give us a call at your soonest convenience. The Dispute Department can be reached directly at 877-696-5422.

Thank you, Crystal / Social Service Specialist

Original review: March 2, 2021

I need to get in touch with ADP because of a payroll error. I will have to wait 4 hours for a reply. How can this be customer service for something as critical as payroll? This is totally unacceptable. There are laws about making payroll errors. I think that by law there should be some responsibilities that a payroll company has to adhere to. This is a failing grade in my book.

Hello Teddi,

I'm sorry to hear of your challenges with hold times. I'm going to arrange for a service leader from you ADP Service Center to contact you to offer assistance, as well as to ensure you have the best phone number and are aware of all of the ways to submit service requests to ADP.

On ADP's behalf, I do apologize for any inconvenience. We will be in touch soon.

Update 03/24/2021 -

We arranged for a Service Support Specialist to contact Teddi, but we were informed that she no longer needs assistance. It is too late. We are sorry to hear of her difficulties.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Updated on 03/03/2021: After telling ADP my former employer no longer uses ADP and can't get me the info I need ADP tells me to contact that same employer that already said they can't help. It's ridiculous, frustrating, and so it goes on and on.

Original: I have tried repeatedly to contact either HR or Accounting to get very important information and all I got is nothing. No return calls, email, absolutely no help! I am going to lose my disability because I can't get anyone to contact me.

Hello Scott,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Your company's Payroll/H.R. contacts would be the ones to help you with this. Since you've had trouble, I will see if I can arrange for a specialist from your employer's ADP Service Center to contact our authorized payroll contact from your company on your behalf.

However, ADP would not typically be involved directly with employees of our clients regarding this type of issue. We are doing this as a courtesy and in appreciation of the difficulties you've describe in this review.

Update 03/11/2021

Hello Scott, I understand, your former employer is responsible for assisting you with this. While we are not able to help you directly, we have contacted your former employer’s authorized ADP contact and asked them to reach out to you to offer assistance. We have been told that will happen. We are also more than happy to assist them, should they need our assistance in resolving your concerns. RP

ADP Payroll Services Company Information