It's that easy Request Information
3.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From payroll to employee benefits, to taxes, retirement, and more, ADP is here to help you manage your business every step of the way. ADP has solutions for all business types and sizes. Whether you are a small, medium, large or multinational business, ADP will find the solution that best fits your business needs. Our leading solutions and team of experts will help you reduce costs and develop HR strategies that align with your business goals. Contact us today to learn more about our services and business solutions.

ADP Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1070 ADP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

ADP salesperson promised us accurate and timely payroll, great service, and through their insurance services department, he guaranteed competitive workers comp rates on pay-by-pay system. None of these proved to be the case. Their sales practices are deceptive at best, and their operations team lacks training and experience. We terminated them as quickly as we could and changed to another payroll company. The new company has 100% perfect payroll for over a year, and our worker's comp premiums are half of what ADP did to us.

Hello Alison,

I'm sorry to hear of these challenges. I feel comfortable saying that the experience you have described is not typical.

From your review, it sounds like you are sharing feedback and not in need of any assistance from ADP, at this point. If there is anything that ADP leadership can address for you, please feel free to private message me with identifiers for your company (legal name, ADP Customer Number, ADP co. code and branch etc) so I can identify the correct Service Leader and arrange for them to contact you.

ADP - Client Experience

Get expert buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I worked with ADP workforce up North, and believed I would have the same customer service I had prior. The transition was pushed through and my first payroll was a HORRIBLE experience. I had 3 employees not get paid on time and none of the bank accounts were prenoted. I just found out 3 days ago, ADP does not prenote bank accounts. I still have issues with the reporting and 401K deductions. You can not create your own reports from scratch with only certain data. Only the fields they provide. They can create a custom report, but it is the same fields you have access to and you still have to manually enter data.

Our IRA deductions were not calculated correctly and I had to fight with client services over the deduction. Finally a manager contacted me and said there was a way to override the system, which he did, but he did not shut off the deduction that was incorrect, so they took the deduction twice on the employer match. Not only do I not hear back from the sales rep when needed, I literally have to send numerous e-mails, I no longer hear back from the manager. I e-mailed 6 days ago and was told he would look into it asap and let me know. Client services wait time is about 30 minutes... Hopefully you get someone that actually knows what they are talking about. Sometimes you do and others you don't. I would no longer unfortunately recommend ADP.

Tricia,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Let me escalate these concerns to the management team who oversees the servicing of your account. I will ask that they reach out to you later today to discuss. It is my sincere hope that in doing so, we can make progress in turning this around for you. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I contacted ADP customer service to file a dispute that my card was stolen/lost and I had charges and ATM withdrawals that I did not authorize (my pin was written in an envelope which if someone found that envelope my card was also in the envelope). I spoke with a representative named Wendell. Wendell told me that he would put a priority on my claim and also put in a request for provisional credit since my card was stolen while I was out of town and I had no, none, zero money!

I called ADP the next day and spoke with another customer service representative and she told me they don’t do such things. They have no way to put a priority on a claim since they are investigated in order (10 - 15 business days) and they don’t request provisional credits. I was beyond pissed because I was lied to. I asked to speak with a manager. The manager Mike told me that the first representative misunderstood what said and that Wendell did put in a request for expedited claim and provisional credit but those are subject to approval. So who do I believe? I called another time after that and they told me they do not expedite claims or do priority claims. Once again I became furious. Then they told me my provisional credit was denied!!

First of all I am in another state with no money. No way to buy a taxi to even go to the airport. Nothing. Not to mention if I was given a provisional credit and for whatever reason my claim was denied, which it should not be, you do my company payroll; you could have taken whatever credit you gave me back on my next paycheck, right? Then they write me an email which I will try to attach asking me questions that they asked me the first time I called to make the claim.

I am out a lot of money and every time I expected them to be relatable to me the customer I have been let down. They need to train their representatives on what they can or cannot do and I expect to be told the truth when I call. If you can’t help me out then say I am not able to do anything at this time but don’t give me false hope. I am very disappointed with ADP and would expect a faster turnaround time for claims. If someone’s money was taken 10 - 15 business days is a long time for someone to have to wait to get their money back. Also the new card they said they sent still has not arrived yet. Just terrible service and disappointing.

Emma,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Let me escalate these concerns to our cardholder services team. They will review your account and reach out to you to discuss.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Don’t do business with this company! I signed with ADP and before the ink was even dry they were go with no replacement rep provided. They never came back to show me how to do payroll online. Second my weekly fee was quoted at one price and they charged me over $20 a week more than I signed my contract for. They claim they can’t reimburse on old invoices. Don’t do business with them. Once you sign on the dotted line they leave you high and dry.

Hello Meg,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would be happy to have a team leader reach out to you directly to review your concerns. To do so, please private message your company name, company identifier, and contact information. Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

For over a year, ADP has been unable to process our payroll correctly. Every week, I place approximately 2-3 calls resulting in hours of wasted time trying to get payroll correct. Every week I have to calculate gross wages manually because ADP's system cannot be trusted. What worked last week, probably won't work this week. I would not recommend ADP services for anyone - keep shopping for a different payroll service.

Hello Karen,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and would be happy to have a team leader reach out to you directly to review your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Pauline

ADP/Social Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My company uses this"service". They withheld over $600 in a garnishment that they had no direct order to start it for. I have attempted to contact them for a refund and just get the runaround! The attorney has also contacted them and no resolve, just the runaround and no response! I will continue to post reviews everywhere until they refund the money they took from me unlawfully. If anyone wants more details and proof of this review I'll be happy to provide details.

Hello Jack,

I am sorry to hear of your circumstance and would be happy to have this reviewed by a Garnishment Service team lead. To do so, please private message your contact information, your employer’s name, the last 4 of your Social Security Number, and the amount of the deduction. Once I have this information I will have a team member reach out.

Pauline – ADP/Social Care

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We used ADP for about 7 months. They are HORRIBLE! Worst customer service, every time we called it took them 30 minutes just to get a representative on the phone. The worst part is they paid duplicate to all employees for 1 day. We complained about it, they assured us that someone will investigate the issue and get back to us. No one did. Every time we asked for an update about our duplicate pay they ignored us.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

ADP doubled my federal tax withholding on my last bonus check for 2018 and so I only received a fraction of what I should have received due to their error. After spending 3 hours on customer service their only response is that there is nothing that they can do since the money was taken out and I need to wait for my federal tax refund. Company has no accountability. Our company will be taking our payroll services to another company.

Dr. Pahuja,
I would be happy to have someone review the payroll in question with you, and any other concerns you may have.
I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Our company chooses to use ADP to complete payroll services, with the new update we have experienced numerous issues. Every time that support is contacted to resolve these issues the representatives are very sarcastic and rude. It seems pretty clear that they do not care about their customers OR how they speak to them. If this happened once or twice I would not be writing a review but this is consistently every time we call for support. It is bad enough that we cannot access what we need on the website we pay for, being talked down to when asking for help just makes it that much worse. Would love to see customer service improve.

Hello Ashley,

Your review is concerning. I don't find any excuse for rude behavior. We'll certainly want to look into this matter.

I was able to locate your company profile in our database based on your e-mail address. I will forward your review to leaders from your ADP Service Center and ask them to contact you regarding your service concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I am terminating ADP services as of payroll week October 23 to 29th/Pay Date October 5, 2018. I am also requesting a refund of the monies I have paid for payroll processing and other services. The entire process was extremely poorly executed and I continuously experience problems/lack of problem resolution when contacting support.

Upon initially contacting Don ** in late October/Early November about utilizing ADP for payroll services, I told him that I had two goals: (1) to save time and (2) to export our payroll items by name vice just an actual pay rate as QuickBooks was currently doing. Don assured me ADP could accomplish my objectives. We agreed for ADP to do payroll starting January 7, 2018/Pay Date January 13, 2018. Don indicated that this would give us enough time to implement ADP into Right at Home. The kickoff meeting scheduled for December 13, 2018, with Denise **. It was a very cursory meeting with no in-depth explanation of how ADP works. She had no idea what my background was i.e. QuickBooks internal payroll.

Our next meeting was canceled for January 11, 2018 with our next call scheduled for February 1, 2018 we also had teleconferences on February 22 and March 1, 2018. As you will note, there were very few meetings completed/scheduled for such a complex system. And very little prep work was done for me to understand the system and what it encompassed. As a minimum, one should have provided an overview of the system and how it would operate. Note: It is possible that we did have more than the above meetings but these are the ones for which I have recorded in my Microsoft Outlook. In any case, the number of meetings was minimal.

I was completely in the dark during time we were implementing ADP. The ADP Workforce Now program is very complex and I really was not sure where we were going. I complained to Don ** about the lack of communication with Denise and he was amazed that I did not have more contact with Denise. As all this was going on, I was taking several elementary ADP classes, but at no time was I given an overview of the program so I never did feel like I was “in the program.”

I was told by Don that my payroll item names would be imported directly by ADP. During my first session with Sedrick ** to implement the payroll import process, I was told we could not import payroll using the payroll item names exported from our ClearCare program. We needed to reduce these down to a three digit code. I should have shut ADP down right then and continued my internal QuickBooks operation. However, I persevered and developed a conversion process in Excel that converted the ClearCare pay codes to 3 digit codes. We used these codes briefly until I was told that the three digit codes must include a payroll overtime code.

So I completely redid the spreadsheet conversion program to 3 digit codes that included overtime. During the whole process, Sedrick was apparently let go after he did not show for one of our sessions. Gene ** replaced Sedrick and we found that Sedrick had not completed his work on so I explained to Gene what we had accomplished before. We were able to get the conversion program to work. (Note: I have not mentioned anything about including holidays! More on that later…)

We did partially implement ADP for the schedule payroll date; however, it was not really complete as several major items were not installed prior to rollout: PTO and the QuickBooks interface file system. It is unsatisfactory to not implement either aspect of the payroll system prior to rolling out the ADP system. It took into well into March to get these portions of the program working correctly. I gave ADP the PTO balances for our employees prior to implementation. PTO implementation just kept dragging out. I finally had to re-compute the PTO times again because ADP did not get it correct. During this whole 2+ month period, I was blind regarding PTO – and my employees were extremely frustrated as was I. When I expressed to Denise my frustrations with not having correct payroll information in QuickBooks, I was told that ADP did not routinely implement QB Interface File transfer until later on after payroll was started.

QuickBooks interface files did not work correctly. This aspect did not work initially and I will bring up later on where the issue resurfaced a second time. I had to use of bookkeeper which I paid $65 per hour to make it work. I spent at least four hours of her time (and some extra time for me!) trying to make it work. Holidays. ADP was given our holidays, yet they were not taken into account. On Memorial Day, my employees complained that they did not receive holiday pay. And they did not. I called ADP and was told that it was not coded into the system. I manually had to compute holiday pay and reimburse the employees. More work on my part.

When I generated my third set three digit codes to encompass holidays, I was told that I had to input them myself in the ADP. I stated that I was not doing so after which I was told it would take months for ADP to implement them. Sure enough, it was not done before July 4 so I did manual overtime designation as a stop gap measure for July. This drew complaints from my employees as they expected holiday codes. I later was called by ADP about implementing holiday codes, but it was after the July 4 payroll and I knew I was leaving ADP so I never returned her call.

Imports. Part of my payroll process is to input some miscellaneous payroll items such as mileage, bonuses etc. I track these in an Excel spreadsheet so I decided to import the spreadsheet. Importing would save more time and be less error-prone. I contacted ADP three times to gain some assistance with this process. During the first two calls, I realized the people did not know how to import pay data, so I hung up twice and when I called back, the third person seemed to know how to do it so I went with their advice. It failed miserably and completely messed up payroll. After many complaints from the employees, I called ADP and the lady that help me bent over backwards fix the problem. She manually entered all of the information and re-ran payroll. She had excellent customer service skills.

It was during the above evolution that I uncovered another issue: incorrect displayed payroll rates. Several (if not all) of the pay statements displayed incorrect payroll rates. However, the actual pay appeared to be correct. For example, if someone was supposed to be paid $10.50 per hour for the PCA pay rate and they worked 10 hours, the total pay for that PCA pay rate should be $105.00. However, the displayed PCA pay rate would be $10.00. I called to ask about this, and hung up after 50 minutes as no one could give me an answer.

I did not have time to waste on this. And, Oh by the way, some of the pay rates went out to 4 digits and would have something in the Ten-thousandths column. For example, $10.7504. No one could explain that to me, either. MIL, MER and UNI. Following the big problem with importing, another problem resurfaced. The QuickBooks interface file quit working with several codes. Again, I had to pay extra for my QuickBooks expert (at $65 per hour!) to work with ADP to fix the issue that had developed. I was told that the MIL (and possibly the UNI and MER) codes were not mapped and were not working correctly.

That is why the QuickBooks interface file was not working. Funny. The MIL/MER/UNI codes had been working before. Why not now? They needed to be mapped we were told. During the issue with MIL/MER/UNI, I was told that the mileage was taxable so the fix for the MIL/MER/UNI problem had to account for taxing the mileage reimbursement. Prior to using ADP, we did not tax the mileage reimbursement. None of the information that ADP extracted from my QuickBooks system would indicate that it was taxable.

On August 8, 2018, I asked Don ** to show me anything that I have given ADP that showed me telling them to tax mileage. I have heard nothing back from him. Don did respond to my request of “fix” incorrectly taxed item with a response coming from Stacey ** sending me an email with a number of complex items that I am supposed to fill out. I am also supposed to agree to pay for any Amendments required to fix the problem.

As one who wanted to save time and streamline the whole payroll process, the amount of paperwork required has just been staggering for trying to work within a very complex system for which I have received minimal training. Many of the support people have not been sympathetic to my plight. Stacey is a perfect example. She just sent me the paperwork and wanted me to forge on. She was completely non-responsive to the fact that it was ADP fault that all of this happened. As with the Holiday (lack 0f) situation, I was told to fix it or wait several months.

Onboarding. When I signed on, I was told that there was a great onboarding system would allow the employees to process the paperwork online. We spent the required time implementing the system. It did allow the employees to complete their paperwork online. However, (1) we were not notified when the paperwork was completed, (2) we could not find the paperwork, and (3) we could not access the completed paperwork. I was told by my rep, Don **, that he would follow up and see what expectations there were to get it working. I have not heard anything to this day.

Recruiting. In addition to the onboarding process, I asked for the recruiting process to be included. It initially produced some applicants, but the applications died off very quickly and no one could help me with producing applicants again. Overall time requirement. ADP is a VERY complex system. Completing even single actions can be very complex. For the most part I call ADP to do just about anything out of the normal. I spend much time on hold and waiting for the person on the other in to talk to someone else about the solution. I get obviously incorrect information so I will hang up and try again hoping for someone else. I was not made aware of how complex ADP would be.

Behind the scenes calculation. I never felt comfortable with the behind the scenes calculation I cannot access with some Calculations pay type items are being accomplished. Complexity. I am routinely asked by the Help people about certain parts of the system which I have never had explained to me during my onboarding. The whole onboarding made me feel like I was in the dark. I did not know what was next. I am asked about the validation tables, yet I do not have access to how they are being computed. Most recently I was sent an email that referenced “completing the client defined taxing routine – grid form.” Of all the documents that were attached to the email, there was not a grid form. Am I to assume that they mean spreadsheets when they say grid?

The forms that are furnished by ADP are very complex and I get no assistance in how to complete them. I was not adequately trained. The training did not cover what I need to know. The assistance I was provided was not correct the implementation began before all systems/information was in place (PTO/holidays/interface files). The ADP payroll process should not have begun until ADP had all systems in place and I was adequately trained. The program manager should have done her job and managed the implementation. There were failures at many levels due to poor/unknowledgeable support staff and I am throwing in the towel with ADP and am asking for a full refund due to the extreme amount of time and effort has taken just to keep payroll going.

Hello John,

I am sorry to hear of your experience and would be happy to have a team leader review your situation. To do so, please private message me your company name, client identifier, and contact information so I can proceed.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Using ADP's Totalsource interface, I attempted to increase the state tax withholding for my wife's paychecks. I entered the amounts in the "additional withholding" and successfully saved the changes. Now that I have done some end of the year reviewing, it turns out that ADP only withheld the amounts I entered. Now we are thousands of dollars short on our state tax payments.

Hello

I am sorry to hear of your situation and would be happy to have a team leader review this. To do so, please private message me your wife's employer name, your wife's name and last 4 of her Social Security Number. Once I have this information, I can proceed.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

All churches were forced to use ADP for payroll services in January 2018. ADP continually charges fees for services not provided such as courier services and unexplained services (no invoices provided even when requested multiple times). They charge $200 in late fees if payroll is submitted after 3pm even if payroll turned in 7 days early. Fees are automatically taken out of our checking account without review and agreement of fees being accurate. I have opened multiple tickets for review and resolution, and it's to no avail. I can't understand how a payroll company and the archdiocese can agree to giving direct access to a church's bank account to allow and support billing errors. It's like stealing from God.

Jul Marie,
I am sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to engage someone to assist you. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your ADP account with the information provided in this review. Could you kindly send me - via PRIVATE message - the company name we would have on file for you, and your ADP account number?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Our company has been an ADP partner for years. However, over the recent years in 2017 & 2018, ADP has dropped the ball numerous times in filing our taxes properly. I reported the problems as soon as we were notified by the state, and it took months to resolve, repeated emails with either no response or a simple "we're working on it." I finally had to resolve part of our problems myself because ADP was unable to provide the proper reporting to our state.

I sent them multiple emails expressing my dissatisfaction with how our account had been handled and received zero response. It's really appalling to me that no one cared enough to even apologize. ADP does not care about the quality of service they provide. And when they make a mistake it takes months and months of me following up to double check their work and make sure they do the job and get it corrected. I can no longer have faith in this company and we are actively seeking other options.

Dorothy,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Let me escalate these concerns to the management team who oversees the servicing of your account. I will ask that they reach out to you tomorrow to discuss. It is my sincere hope that in doing so, we can make progress in turning this around for you. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I trusted that ADP was doing all the state and federal filings. I recently received a letter from the IRS that my 941 filings were not done. I also received several past due notices from the state stating my unemployment payments were missing and that detail reporting was no done. After calling ADP I was told to call the agency directly. I am no getting help from ADP. The customer service personnel are no knowledge. They can only read a script. It is like talking to a recording.

Glenda,
I am sorry to hear about these challenges and would be happy to help. I will escalate to the executives who oversee your account & ask that they have someone reach out to you to review the tax issues.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

It's been about a month since I've ordered my replacement ADP card. I misplaced my old one, but this card has ALL of my funds on it. I ordered my 1st one on November 26th. They told me it would arrive by December 10th. I waited until December 12th and still no card. I called the customer service hotline and they told me they would put a new order in for me WITH A $6 CHARGE. They also told me they would send me a check which would arrive 5 days after my phone call. It still has not arrived and to make matters worse Customer Service cannot tell me why my card or check has not been mailed.

I've even talked to MANAGEMENT and they were not helpful at all. I really need help getting my ADP card. I work hard for my money and I feel that it is very suspicious and unprofessional that no one from this ADP company can help me out. The only help I've been guaranteed is that they will keep shipping new checks and cards that never come. I am very dissatisfied with ADP services as they are not a reliable nor trustworthy and they leave their customers in the dark with very little help.

Dre,
I am sorry to hear about these challenges, and would be happy to put you in touch with someone who can check status of your replacement card. If you could kindly confirm - via PRIVATE message - the last 4 digits of your account, it would be appreciated

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have called multiple times trying to find out information about 2 overpayments after my wages were being garnished without even receiving paperwork. I called and the woman couldn't or wouldn't even answer my questions, when I asked if my employer needed to send the release to them all she would say was, "I haven't received anything for you." I also tried seeing if they had received the overpayment since it had been over two weeks and I confirmed with the law firm the date 11/29/18 and address when and where it was mailed to and of course to a PO box in El Paso Texas. Apparently it must be the stone age still in El Paso where you have to ride a horse to deliver a message or mail. She said it hasn't been received and I needed to get the check numbers.

Well I get the check numbers and call again, spoke to someone different and I tried telling them I have the check numbers then this person wouldn't even let me tell her but told me if they received they would mail back to the employer and of course offers my employer number. It's been over 3 weeks and no one has any idea, where the checks are. I try to find out information and ask questions but it's always someone that acts like they can't understand a word you are saying and sounds scripted. So my money is basically floating around in ADP's bank account and sitting in a PO box! This service has been useful and great until I ran into an issue and it just seems impossible to solve or get anyone to answer questions I have.

Infant,
I am sorry to hear this and would be happy to help. Can you please send me, via PRIVATE message, your contact phone number and your garnishment case number? Then I can escalate your issue to our Garnishment Solutions team, to have them research and reach out to you directly to resolve your issue.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I went through ADP to have them do my payroll. I believe that ADP tries to upsell you in working with them just to make money without understanding you or your line of work to make sure it is a good fit. They suggested that I get my Worker's Comp insurance through them. In doing so I had to get paid every 30 days which we are real estate agents who work on commission and we don't get paid every 30 days. Since we were paid at times and not in that 30 days window they kept threatening me with fees and cancellation.

So I figured I would go back to my original broker to pay my WC in a monthly payment as was doing before ADP. After signing up with ADP I didn't realize they put me in a term policy and that by canceling they would take the remaining money out of my account and when I canceled they said I would be charged fees, but didn't explain it would be hundreds of dollars. It was like, "Go ahead and cancel. We will take your money anyways." I am very dissatisfied with the disclosure process of ADP and WC insurance company they tied me into.

ADP response
This is in response to the negative consumer affairs review posted by Diane Schoenhoff (“Client”). Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency Inc., (ADPIA) an affiliate of ADP, LLC and we take these matters seriously and has fully reviewed our file and investigated the concerns articulated by the Client. The Client obtained a workers’ compensation policy in May 2018 through ADPIA and at the same time choose to add a payroll enhancement feature, ADP’s Pay-by-Pay, a Premium Payment solution that assists ADP payroll clients by calculating and paying workers’ compensation premium directly to their carrier based on the actual payroll of the Client.

In this instance ADPIA’s records indicate that two service representatives had in depth discussions with the Client regarding the Pay-by-Pay feature in July and alternative options. ADPIA works in good faith to provide the best solutions, reviewing each client’s unique circumstances. Client was offered an alternative billing option direct with their carrier and was transferred to the carrier to set that up. The Client however decided to instead mid-term cancel their policy and now looks to characterize the situation as a failure of disclosure by ADPIA/ADP. It is unfortunate that the Client had this experience, however the premiums and fees incurred are specific terms of the Client’s insurance policy, governed by the carriers and the states.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Updated on 12/21/2018: WHOEVER CALLED ME TOLD ME THE SAME THING - THAT YOU CAN'T GET YOUR MONEY AND THEY PASSED IT ON TO ANOTHER COMPANY. All I ever wanted was to extend my loan. I had to sell everything just to pay for my furnace. Now my wife has no rings and we have no beds, sofas, etc. We are sitting on lawn chairs! These people need to get some souls and stop pissing on people's lives! I never thought this would happen but a company like this should not do this and help people. My wife and kids are going to have the worse Christmas ever because of this too! Thanks for nothing!

Original Review: Wanted to draw out MY MONEY from my 401k as I had an emergency. The rep was a heartless piece of **! Understanding was not on this person’s mind. Just not giving me MY MONEY NOT ADPS! This company was the worse mistake my company made changing over from a better one. The people are all ** on the phone and don't give two ** about you. If I could rate them lower I would. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME TRYING TO GET OVER YOUR DETAILS. THEY JUST DON'T CARE!

Hello Scott,

I am sorry to hear of your experience. I would be happy to have your concerns reviewed by a Retirement Services team member. To do so, please private message your employer's name, your plan number, and the last four of your Social Security Number. Once I have this information, I can proceed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

ADP LOST my COBRA check. Like their dog ate their homework? Yep, you heard correctly. Their response was like, "Whoa, that sucks for YOU, I guess we will just go and cancel your insurance." After pressuring them, they finally admitted that they have ONE month of checks that are uncashed (meaning they canceled insurance for a whole bunch of people). They promised to call back and resolve this issue, but nothing. Emails go unanswered as well. I called again and they still haven't found it. They also offer no solution.

ADP response
I would be happy to help. If you could kindly, via PRIVATE response, confirm your name, former company name and your COBRA (BL) account # for me, I will get right to work on this for you, to get the right folks engaged on this end to assist.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I lost my card and placed an order for a new one and waited about a week and some days before calling the payroll reps and get told, it's been a mistake with the card so they sent so they're sending me a new card. I then wake up the next morning to money withdrew out my account, and when I call they tell me it was a fee for the "NEW" replacement card even though they NEVER told me there was a fee for a replacement card and even though I NEVER actually received the card at all. So they DID fix the issue and reimburse me the money they withdrew, AFTER wasting about an hr speaking to different reps and explaining my situation because almost NONE of them actually understand English and it was very apparent they didn't have any regards of transferring me to a American worker (either that or didn't have an American worker and tried to cover it up with offering to speak to their supervisor, who also doesn't speak much English!).

All in all, I would rate them a 2 out of 5 but hopefully that'll change once I receive this new card. To anybody looking into opening an account with ADP I would advise otherwise as they make withdraws out your account without notifying you or without your consent and when you do have an issue you need fixed they ALL say different things and they ALL don't know English completely.

Hello Keanu,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would be happy to share your feedback with our Service Leaders. To do so, please PRIVATE message your contact phone number and the last 4 of the card number.

Pauline - ADP Client Experience

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Love the payroll service - but we CONSTANTLY get phone calls trying to sell us all sorts of other products. I have asked to note on my account we are not interested, but the calls keep coming. Calls to management and my staff. They do not respect a simple Not Interested. Unfortunate, because I like the payroll service. Don’t need 401ks, health insurance, unemployment insurance, time clocks, etc.

John,
I am sorry to hear this. I would be happy to follow up on this for you. I will be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Unhelpful reps who could care less about the inconvenience they cause after shutting down your card. I’ve had to wait over two weeks for a replacement card. And when reading the reviews the responses to their undervalued customers is pathetic. This company has no regards for their customers. It’s a shame. I’ll be taking my business to American Express!

Hello Trystian,

I'm sorry to hear of the challenge you experienced with the Pay-card call center. I will have someone from ADP reach out to you to see if there is anything we at ADP can do to help you.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have had nothing but problems from day one with this card... I can't get my money manually even if the strip is messed up. I should be able to still purchase or get my money. And I can't get a new card because the money will be lost cause they can't transfer it. So I am stuck with no money for two weeks. And they take money off your card every time you turn around. Think this company should be out of business.

Rachel,
I am sorry to hear about these challenges and would like to coordinate getting you help. Please send us a PRIVATE message here on the site with your contact phone number and just the last 4 digits of your card account. Once I have that, I can have someone from the team reach out to assist you directly.

Christine / ADP Client Experience

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was quoted a much lower rate but signed for a rate that was double what I was told. The rep said she needed to listen to her call logs and then just never called back. You can't seem to get through to anyone for service or to resolve issues. OH WAIT... SHE JUST EMAILED... THERE IS NO RECORDING FOR THAT CONVERSATION THAT DAY!! HOW IRONIC. I would just like an explanation how things doubled up. Not asking for much... just for someone to explain it to me.

Darlene,

Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I called because there was a charge on my card to see what I could do. The rep put me on hold came back, said she deactivated my card without my consent. I talk to three different rep even a supervisor who kept apologizing but couldn't or wouldn't do anything to help. I proceed to beg for help cause my bills was due. They told me they could send it 3-5 days but I would have to pay the $15 fee. But it wasn't my fault. The customer service is wrong and no helpful. They messed it up and told me they couldn't have help until I paid $15. Then they would go listen to my call. If the rep was wrong then they would reimburse my $15. But my whole thing is if I never asked to deactivate why should I have to pay at all. Now I'm waiting 7-10 days. My rent is late cause of ADP mistake.

Ashley,
I've alerted our pay card team to the challenges you've been experiencing & they have already reached to you via email & phone (left voicemail). They are awaiting your call back to see what we might be able to do to assist!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

As business owners we strive to simplify our payroll solutions and contracted ADP for just that. We closed/sold a previous entity and again enrolled with ADP for our payroll needs. Unfortunately the implementation person was very unresponsive to our needs, extremely tardy in getting back to us if ever, and dragged out the whole situation for now almost 2 months when I was told it would have all been done in two weeks. Time and attendance still have not been updated to new profile, even when I was promised it to be done and handled by 27th November.

As of now my employees cannot even click in so no time stamps are being captured. When we finally had enough and send an email to all the unresponsive people saying that we would like to withdraw our companies from ADP they phoned my office and gave a number to my employee to give to me. Our medical center's number is not even listed as a contact number. Super unprofessional. Please think twice before you invest with this company. It will be a bad investment and precious time lost.

Hello Elderize,

I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you have described. From your description, it sounds like the failures of one or a very few ADP associates caused a lot of the problems you experienced. I'm confident, that with attention from the right level, we could turn things around for you.

I was able to locate your company by your name. I will ask my escalation contacts from your ADP Service Center to e-mail you to see if there is anything we can help with now.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

ADP is fine if you have no payroll issues. Ever. Once you do you're screwed. They messed up a local tax issue for one of our employees a year ago and STILL haven't fixed it and tried charging us to fix their mistake. Our staff accountant calls them weekly for an update and is told someone will contact her...no one ever does. An ADP rep actually called her this morning only to tell her they have never started the fix for this even though we have a few different e-mail strings and a case number. We've had case numbers several times where we've had to reach out again and again to ADP only to find out they didn't do what they needed to on their end. Then you get to explain for the 849th time and to yet another new rep what the original issue was.

Calling ADP results in extremely long hold times. They have too many unnecessary platforms requiring a different log-in for each one. Customer Service is HORRIBLE and has obviously been moved to India and you can't understand half the reps you speak with. They advertise updates through the software that never happen. They change formats unnecessarily and often so you have to go searching for the new way to do things you do on a daily/weekly basis. I can go on and on about the negatives of using ADP. We barely trusted them with our payroll and would NEVER trust them to handle HR, benefits, unemployment claims, etc. If you care about your business you won't either.

We switched to a new company a couple months ago and no one from ADP ever asked what they could do to keep our business or why we were unhappy with them. They obviously don't care. Ten years ago using ADP wasn't so painful. The reps were nice and understandable and dealt with whatever issue you had in a timely manner. Today, not so much. Stay far far away from this company until they can get their crap together. You'll be better off going with a company where you have a dedicated service team handling your account.

Hello Ali,

The situation you describe is concerning and, I'm confident in saying, not typical for most clients.

I understand that you've now left ADP, but if there's anything we can help with now, please private message me with your company details (ADP Co. Code and Branch/Service Center, FEIN, Legal Company Name etc.) and I will arrange for an appropriate Service Leader to contact you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I am a recent hire with a business that does ADP for their payroll. I lost the first card I was given, and enacted a bit of common sense by calling to have ADP cancel the lost card. For some reason, they translated that as "cancel the new card", so when my manager got the NEW card to me, THAT was cancelled. So now I'm left with no funds on our day of payment and have to push back my schedule further to accommodate the inconvenience. I just wish ADP would hire more personnel that spoke English at a fair level, as I think misunderstandings due to language barriers caused this issue. I would not recommend ADP at this time. There are far better payroll options out there.

Hello Ian,

I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you've experienced.

I will reach out to my ADP Pay-card escalation contacts and ask them to contact you directly to see what they can do to help.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

ADP is known to be major payroll service provider in the world but under covered debt collector. There is a lot of manipulation going with court order. I am working with two different companies. Both uses ADP for payroll services. In both cases, ADP garnished my wage without my knowledge using unverified court documents. Now I am learning that ADP does Debt collection without employee knowledge regardless of any authenticity. There is conflict of interest doing payroll services and debt collection under the same company by the name of ADP garnishment. This is heads up for employer and victim employees by ADP payroll services. I suggest employer to try different alternatives in order to retain employees.

Secondly, I have tried reach out to the responsible person, they are not available that is good sign for their organized business fraud. If they don't attempt to reach employee nor answering our questions, How do we know ADP's business operation is legitimate. ADP payroll services should be exposed to the public as soon as possible.

Hello Zewdie,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to have a Garnishment Team Leader review your concerns. To do so, please PRIVATE message me both your employers' names, court order numbers, and the last four of your Social Security Number. Once I have this information I can proceed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My job uses ADP as our payroll source. I have enrolled in healthcare insurance using a different company yet my deductions were taken out using ADP. The insurance company has not received my premium payments which in return is causing my insurance to cancel. My employer has no idea what’s going on and when I’m calling ADP I’m never given the option to talk with a person. Just an automated system. At this point I want my money that was garnished each pay period or better yet I’m reaching out to the Better Business Bureau.

Hello Teaona,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience and would be happy to have your case reviewed by a team leader. To do so please PRIVATE message me your full contact information, last four of your Social Security Number, and your employer's name. Once I have this information I will be happy to proceed.

ADP expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ADP has served over 610,000 clients with cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) for over 60 years. Its services help businesses of all sizes take on human resources, payroll, talent, tax and benefits administration tasks using technology to simplify processes. ADP tailors its payroll services for small, midsized, large and multinational business solutions.

• Small business solutions: ADP’s small business payroll solutions are made for companies with up to 50 employees and come in three packages: Essential, Enhance and Complete plus HR. Essential payroll lets you run the software online, by phone or using ADP’s mobile app. It features services like direct deposit, payroll delivery, electronic reports, general ledger interface, eTimecard, 1099 and W-2 and tax filing. Enhanced payroll features everything from the Essential package plus HR tips and resources to keep you informed, while the Complete package includes a full range of HR tools.

• Midsized business solutions: ADP’s midsized business payroll solutions are for companies with 50-1,000 employees and comes in three packages with varying features that help you manage things like payroll, tax filing and payroll tax compliance. ADP’s midsized business payroll automation gives your employees mobile access to pay statements, W-2s and self-service tools.

• Large business solutions: ADP’s large business payroll solutions are for businesses with over 1,000 employees. You can integrate payroll with HR, timekeeping and benefits administration tasks, simplify for PTO accrual and take advantage of online reports for better analysis. ADP’s large business payroll solutions minimize the challenges big companies face by simplifying its cloud-based software to make keeping track of every employees payroll and tax information.

• Multinational business solutions: ADP offers two packages for businesses with global workforces to help them manage their payroll. ADP GlobalView is an integrated suite of global HCM services, including talent management and payroll expertise services. The ADP Streamline package is a multinational payroll software that gives businesses access to consistent, multi-country payroll data and minimizes the need for in-country payroll specialists.

• Pricing: Interested companies can request a quote online for each of ADP’s payroll solutions. They offer your first two months for free when you sign up for an account.

• Best for: companies of any size that are looking for a cloud-based payroll software.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs