Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Derek ** helped me set up my account with ADP and spent his valuable time to run me through the system. I have had to call him a couple of times since my account inception with questions, which he responded accurately and promptly. I have experienced nothing but positive with ADP and Derek **. The system is very easy to use and very convenient.

Thank you so much for your service and your excellent team you have. I always get help when I need it. All my questions get answered. Please keep up the good work. I enjoy your services. Ashley is the best. She is very helpful.

This process of payroll entry online is a dream come true. Quick, accurate, simple, consistent, always available when I need it! The staff have always been helpful. Especially during end of the year processing. I would recommend this service to anyone. Thank you ADP.

I have been with ADP for 5 years and have had nothing but stellar service. My questions are answered promptly and accurately and their systems in place make running a business much easier. I have nothing but good things to say about this company.

ADP

Hi Jonell! Thank you for taking the time to review our products and services. We strive to make our products customizable and easy to use for our clients, so thanks for pointing that out!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We use ADP payroll and Pay-By-Pay workers comp and I must say we LOVE THEIR SERVICES!!! Very easy to use the RUN ADP on our computer or even the mobile app. When we call into ADP for certificates of insurance, we receive them very easily and quickly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Your customer service department is top-notch. All the personnel are very familiar with all the phases of the business and very generous in making themselves available to help clients until the client has been served. Any time I have ever called customer service I have been graciously greeted and helped through my questions or issues.

They are very good services and they are always there to help us with any kind of service you need. They are open all the time any time 24 hours if you need them. They have all kinds of English or Spanish speaking so you could be more comfortable you feel.

My experience with ADP is very good in quickness, accuracy and very precise. Thanks to ADP my business is a success. I will continue to use ADP for my business and I would also recommend anyone who are in business or opening a business to go with ADP.

Able to complete payroll online. Time efficient and run payroll program is easy to use. We get reports and cash requirements within seconds of submittal. Security for the program is sufficient and does not interfere with the ease of access. Easy to instruct others, if needed.

It was a very efficient payroll experience. I needed to change an address on one of our accounts and he handled it efficiently and then promptly finishing calling in my payroll and I was on my way in less than five minutes. Great service!

I have always have a good experience with ADP Payroll Services. They have a great website where you can get all your information from and pay your invoice. Keep up the good job and all your services and the wonderful people that work with you if you decide to call into the CSR or Sales, thank you!

ADP is very helpful when a problem arrive. They're there when you need them and help solve your problem immediately. ADP also look up info that you may not have correctly and they will correct it for you, if you're having problems with payroll they're good and helping you resolve any problems.

Fits my company budget on both pricing & service. Easy to use website, software and features. Would recommend to any company large or small. Quick processing and easy to edit software features make this a simple and easy task for both experienced and novice users. Thank you.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the feedback. If you contact your service team directly they can take a look at your account to see if there is anything that can be done to help you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We have a small business that only requires seasonal employees. While I appreciate the tax forms and other required documents, I think the monthly maintenance fee is too high when there is no activity for months. Once ADP reaches a certain payment level for its costs/certain profit, it should reduce the monthly maintenance fee - as that becomes pure profit to ADP. It is a burden on small companies to pay hundreds of dollars a year for a payroll service that is inactive. The overall support and service are very good, but I think there must be a way to help small businesses pay less in fixed fees for service they don't use.

Excellent service. ADP is so helpful and so responsive. They have knowledgeable staff who are readily available to answer questions and help with any questions. They make my life so much easier! Their website is excellent and very easy to use. Their staff can help you find just what you need to accomplish the task at hand!

I am always very happy with the payroll processing done by ADP and its customer service. However, I have had a lot of trouble with delivery when ADP uses a service other than UPS. Other services have completely ignored the "signature required" on the package and either shoved it through our gate with no attempt to get access through our gate (we are a locked property with camera surveillance so I can see if they try to ring the gate or not) or stuck it in the mailbox. UPS is the only service I authorize ADP to use for our deliveries.

NiGeria,

I am sorry to see your experience with us was not what you wanted or needed it to be. I see that the investigation was completed albeit not to your satisfaction. Please let us know if there is anything you need to assist.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

At the beginning of this year 2017, my worst nightmare came true. I switched to ADP from Paychex because of their relationship with CHASE Bank and their lower rates for payroll services and HR. AS soon as I made the switch it became a nightmare. Starting with extremely long waits to talk to someone to incorrect quotes for services to our system being hacked and losing $38,000. A fraudulent investigation was launched by ADP and they concluded that their system was not compromised, which left my company liable. After the investigation was complete we were told that the report was final and that there was no grievance process. In so many words we were told "OH WELL, YOUR LOSS!!!" WE continued to process our payroll in hopes that ADP would consider a grievance process. But on 1/31/17 ADP attempted to debit our account for $8,500 for the fraudulent payroll without any notice.

We immediately terminated our services and returned to Paychex. Paychex offers 2 security features that ADP does not. If these features were offered at ADP we would not have suffered any monetary loss with this fraudulent activity. The 2 security features are: if you sign into Paychex system from any computer it will send a text to the primary telephone number on file with a temporary security code; another feature is that if you make any changes to any employees direct deposit account information it automatically places your payroll on hold until they confirm verbally with you. It's sad to say in this case that I should have not left Paychex to go to ADP for less money, because I received less security.

We have been with ADP for many many years. I especially appreciate the fact that when I call to speak to a live person with a question (usually urgent question), I can get through quickly. The ADP Customer Care person is always calm, patient, and helpful - very professional and I so appreciate that.

Hi,

If you would like ADP to look into this for you please provide your employers information along with your full name. You can message us privately here. Also if your direct deposit has not gone through it's usually standard that the employer write a manual check so that you are not waiting for your funds. We recommend that you speak with them regarding that.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My employer just started using ADP for direct deposits and such. I was supposed to get mine almost 2 weeks ago. Not a biggie... first time can be a bit bumpy. Double checked the account details with my bank and everything seems to be fine on my part. Got in touch with the employer, he says somebody forgot to enter my bank details into the ADP system and according to Tayabella - ADP Senior Implementation Specialist my direct deposit would be transferred on Jan 30th, 2017. No luck so far. Now Tayabella is saying it might happen on Feb 2nd, 2017. It is my money, I worked for it. Why do I have to beg to get paid??? Is ADP going to pay me some sort of an interest or pay for my time I have wasted on this nonsense???

Hi Webster,

I am sorry to see the service experience below. Can you please message us with your company code and region so that I can get your service team involved?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I have been using ADP Since 1996 and have been happy with the service. But since the beginning of last year their support has become deplorable. Late last year I had a client who was frantic about a charge made to their account by ADP. I called and was put on automatic hold and decided to disconnect after 25+ minutes. I called back a bit later and rather than sit on hold I left a message per their instructions.

No one called me back!!! The next day I called again and stayed on hold well past 35+ minutes (there is no exaggeration here) and finally had someone to speak too. You get the same old line; "Due to heavy volume....." but the real issue is that they do not have enough staff to cover the support department. Not sure if they cut back on their staff or if they added extra business but no additional staff, but the end result is the same; longer wait times and diminished support.

I tried calling today (1-31-17) and encountered the same problem. Gave up after 18+ minutes and called back on another number I had in my database. This time I was going to leave a message in the hopes they would call me back this time. But couldn't because the mailbox was full and was taking no new messages.

Somewhat frustrating. Will need to look for another payroll company.

My experiences with ADP have been, for the most part, exceptional, with the exception of their Tax and Financial Services department. Things kind of fell down there, which is why they are receiving 4 stars rather than 5. Aside from that hiccup, ADP is a wonderful company to do business with. They are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend them and would gladly work with them at any time in the future.

I wasn't sure how to submit Payroll over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend since I'm new to doing payroll. The Customer Service Rep helped me understand when I had to submit Payroll to ensure a timely Direct Deposit for our staff.

We have been using ADP for our company's payroll services for a year now and I am completely happy with the ease, efficiency, and pricing of ADP payroll services. I thought our prior service was great, but ADP is definitely much more cost effective and efficient.

ADP is professional and knowledgeable regarding the various tax deductions and pre-tax retirement and health care benefits reporting. ADP's online portal for processing payroll is user-friendly and convenient and provides access to payroll records that are easily downloadable. Quarterly and year end reporting is efficient and accurate based on our input of payroll information.

I entered new benefits for employees effective Jan 1. When I ran the Jan 15 payroll I realized it deducted the entire amount instead of half of it. I had no idea how to correct it but your customer service representative was very helpful and now everything is working great.

ADP is extremely user friendly. ADP customer service is fantastic and has been very helpful with every question I have had and every issue I have faced. I also appreciate that ADP sends newsletters to keep us current on all HR policies and provides training. ADP is a one-stop shop for all payroll needs.

Hi Darrin,

Happy to help but need a bit more information. The name Expert Global isn't found in our database. Please provide the employer name and file # as it shows on your paystubs so that we can look into this and get it resolved for you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I worked for Expert Global Services for a few days over 3 weeks. ADP has yet to get my paycard to me! This is the second card that has not come to my mailing address and I have never had an issue with my mail!!! I have spoken to chat service several times and yet another card is being sent as well as these blank checks that I have to call to have my funds "loaded" onto before I can cash them! And I have not received those either! ADP will not just transfer the funds to a bank account and I have literally had my compensation stolen! No help!!! Why? You are a payroll service! You can direct deposit the funds! But they refuse! It has been over 3 months and I have just wasted my time! What are you going to do about this ADP? Is legal action required? Has anyone ever had this issue? Yes they have! Resolve immediately! I will have to utilize legal services if I do not receive my money this week!

I have been very satisfied at how the run system works. We have had great service since bringing in ADP. The processing has never had a problem - direct deposits have always been timely. When it has been necessary to call the helpline everyone is always helpful and courteous.

ADP

I am sorry to see the frustrations with our system. Please contact our 401K Service Team and they can assist you. 800-695-7526

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I keep trying to log into the 401K website and I cannot. I was able to get in ONCE to sign up for my 401K and I cannot get in again. I'm stuck in this loop where I try to register and it says I already have an account so I try to log in and it tells me my credentials are incorrect. And YES, I'm using the correct credentials. I even reset my password to make sure I'm using the correct one. The regular ADP website is just as horrible. I can log into that site but most of the time my Dashboard is completely empty. This is worst personnel management system I have EVER encountered and it makes me want to quit my job so I don't have to use it anymore.

Hi Tiffany,

I am very sorry to see the experience below. I have asked our Paycard team to look into this and reach out to you with resolution. I will also respond here as soon as I have more information.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

The way you handle missing money from my account is downright disgusting. I called in on 1/21/2017 to make a dispute for a duplicate charge at an ATM. Here it is a week and a day later and your customer services department can't even confirm if your dispute department has received my claim. This no way to handle anyone's money. I know you don't care but thanks to the super slow process I have no way to feed my child this week. I can't wait to receive my money back so I can cancel this card and never deal with this company again.

ADP Company Profile