3.3/5 (59 ratings)

About ADP Payroll Services

ADP helps companies manage payroll, employee benefits, taxes, retirement and other services. The company has solutions for small, medium, large and multinational businesses. Its specialists work with businesses to reduce costs and develop human resources strategies that align with the business’s goals.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Mobile app
  • Flexible options

Cons

• No free trials
  • No pricing info without a quote

Bottom Line

ADP is a highly rated payroll and human resources provider that offers flexible service packages. Its services are easy to use, but it doesn’t advertise pricing without a customized quote.

Top ADP Payroll Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Verified

Great service. No crazy fees and very happy with my service. Customer service is wonderful and never had issues. I'm sticking with this card for a long time. Never hassled and the...

Verified

I've used ADP card for years. Never a problem. Never been locked out. Easy to check balance. When I needed a new card they sent it pretty quick. Never had a problem using it eithe...

What is ADP Payroll?

ADP Payroll is a service provider for companies of every size that offers payroll, human resources and other services. It works with businesses across many industries to help them save time and operate more efficiently.

Its additional service offerings include time and attendance tracking, talent management, employee benefits and outsourcing. ADP also offers a marketplace of apps and a library of resources and tools to help companies. Quotes and demos are free, which gives you the chance to find out more about how its HR services can work for your company without spending any money.

What does ADP do?

ADP replaces a traditional human resources or payroll department within a company and provides remote services to manage these tasks. Its basic plans offer payroll coverage for companies ranging from one to more than 1,000 employees. You can then add HR services, including guidance, process improvements and dedicated HR support. It also offers outsourcing solutions or co-employment services.

Mid-sized companies and larger may benefit from additional services. Its time and attendance option includes basic tools for full workforce management. For talent management, it offers recruiting, hiring, management and growth services. Its employee benefits packages include benefits administration, retirement, group health insurance, business insurance and workers’ compensation. The company can integrate its solutions with top software systems and other apps.

ADP pricing

Pricing is based on your company's size and the services you require. You can schedule a demo with an ADP professional or request a quote online. It offers several package tiers, starting with basic payroll services and ranging up to include full payroll and HR coverage.

ADP’s plans for larger companies include recruiting and hiring services, employee benefits and other services. Smaller companies may qualify for special promotions, including up to three free months of services.

ADP Payroll FAQ

Can I access ADP after termination?
Yes. After your separation from the company, you will have access to ADP for three years. However, it cannot provide login information or assistance, so be sure to keep track of your information.
Can I print my pay stub from ADP?
Yes, you can print your pay stub through ADP’s iPay service. You can view, download and print your statements through this online self-service kiosk.
Is ADP worth it?
If you devote a lot of time to HR and payroll management, ADP might be a worthwhile investment to improve efficiency and save time. You can also take advantage of its streamlined process and industry knowledge to help you provide the best service to your employees.
Does ADP pay early?
ADP does offer early pay, but it depends on whether your employer has opted for this service. If so, you’ll have instant access to your paycheck once your employer submits it.
What bank does ADP use?
ADP cards are issued through Fifth Third Bank. Its paycards have a variety of banking features and fewer fees than traditional accounts.

Is ADP safe?

ADP is a reputable, safe payroll and human resources service provider. It offers a variety of services to improve the efficiency of your small-to-large business, saving time and money along the way. Its customized approach doesn’t let it provide transparent pricing before speaking to a representative, so you need to schedule a demo or a quote for more cost information.

ADP Payroll Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP Payroll Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

ADP is a powerful tool. It is very frustrating as a practitioner to have things change in ADP with no warning or notification. For example - the Performance Review template change this year at some point with no clear communication sent to practitioners. We were ready to launch our annual review process when we noticed the screens and process flow are different from the previous year. These are not bad changes, it is just difficult to effectively advise our management teams on processes when the details have changed.

The vaccination tracking tool is a great addition to ADP. There needs to be a way for information to be input into the tool either online or by a practitioner directly. Many employees are not mobile-savvy and/or are frustrated by being forced to download a new app. It would also be preferred to have the upload proof functionality separate from the show proof of last negative test requirement.

Get buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I would say my experience is between 3.5 and 4 stars. There are constant updates and changes that don't always make things easier or create less clicks. Once I have certain things figured out they get updated again and I need to refigure my process out. For example, time off page has changed. Instead of it being one page with one submit click it's know 2 pages and few more clicks. Explaining this to our employees is not the easiest either when we don't have an understanding on why it changed. Anytime there are updates there are bugs that need worked out and in that downtime the Admins are hammered with questions about why this part in ADP isn't working and so on. When I call to get help they are always very helpful and can generally answer my question fairly quickly. Overall the website is intuitive and it tracks information that I require well. I try not to call and figure the system out on my own, but I do wish there wouldn't be as many changes.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I have worked with ADP for many years, and I can say that the ADP WorkForceNow product is one of their best. They are really making a lot of improvements to add self-service tools and customers can fix issues on their own. The payroll processing is very fast and reliable. The benefits is probably their best module. I appreciate the chat features to answer quick questions but I can also call in if needed. I have a great account manager who is always there to help me when I have a question or I'm stuck. As I do see a lot of improvement there is still room to grow. For example, internal communication still seems to be a mess when trying to talk to someone about adding a new feature or service. Overall I enjoy the tool and find it a powerful and useful tool to make my job easier. I look forward to new updates and built-in automation in the future.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

As a long time System Admin of ADP, with my current company as well as 2 past employers, the customer service is outstanding! Our assigned Payroll Account Manager is responsive, knowledgeable, and very supportive while always using the proper level of communication depending on who she is working with. If the issue is not in her realm of expertise, she will quickly point you in the right direction and make sure you get the issue resolved. ADP can't do everything as all systems have limitations. But they are constantly working to upgrade and improve the software and various options to accommodate the ever changing world of technology. Thank you to my PAM and everyone at ADP! YOUR SERVICE SHINES BRIGHT!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I have had my account for several years through my employer and I have to say that It has been working out really well. I'm able to get my direct deposit up to two day earlier if needed but I have not used that feature. I do wish there were more ways to make deposits to the account maybe something through the app like other banks have. I like the option of the online statements to cut down on paper and customer services has ALWAYS been very helpful and pleasant on the phone. Overall I'm very happy with my account!

Hello Roma,

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone.

Crystal / Social Service Specialist

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I was late getting the correct information to them regarding my wife getting benefits with her company...and now they say I have to pay for the rest of the month. If I quit I wouldn't..not sure how this thievery is legal.

Hello Craig,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation, so that I can have the right person review this please private message from this site your wife's name, her employer, and any other details. Once I have this information I'll be able to move this to a team leader.

Pauline - ADP/Client Experience

Original review: July 20, 2021

I cashed in my company 401k they say they sent out the check. 20 days later nothing, when I look at the info they left out the apartment number partial address. Post office said it was returned back to ADP. I have emailed with no response and called many times to get a message, "Sorry we can't help you." WTF adp. Looks like I won't see. Complete **.

Hello Neil,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to see how we can help. To do so, using this site, please private message your employer's name, your 401(k) plan number, and your contact number. Once I have this information, I'll be happy to have a team leader review this and reach out.

Pauline - ADP/Client Experience

Original review: July 16, 2021

My complaint is regarding the myWisely pay card services. I have used their services for years and they never issued a permanent card for my account. I have until recently gotten a permanent card that finally showed my actual name only after I called them about it. I finally get the card and realize that my name still shows as my maiden name even though I’ve been married over 2 years. For whatever reason that stopped accepting my direct deposit out of nowhere and I didn’t notice until the day I did not get my direct deposit.

Called in and was informed that my employer was depositing my checks under my married last name instead of the name on myWisely account (this has been this way for years and never had a problem). One of my main issues is every time I've called, the reps has disconnected the line in blatantly disrespect after sometimes holding for over an hour. They talk to you extremely rude then disconnect the line as a result. This has happened the last 3 days. Today it happened again (7/16/2021). As well as the prior 2 days. It’s almost 100% of time after you request a supervisor.

The main reason for my calling is because I’ve uploaded the needed docs to have my name change. I have attached my ss card and driver's license which BOTH shows my new name. They have failed to update the name. I am now going into the weekend without my direct deposits because Wisely has failed to update my name which shows to take 24-48 hours. After several calls to them and most being disconnected. They ask me to send my marriage certificate (even though my government documents have been attached that shows my name). I attached this info 3x and they have returned that my marriage license was blurry. How is it that my social security and state driver's license reflecting my name does not suffice enough to change my name on my account?

Not only that, your reps are extremely disrespectful to the customers and intentionally disconnecting the line on us is a huge slap to the face. If this is happening to the customers how can we trust you with our finances. They could be stealing our personal information out of anger and spite to the customers. I do not trust your company anymore and seems your sole purpose is to inconvenience the customers. In the midst of everything going on today, you have made the customer experience the worse.

I will not continue to use your service and have cancelled my direct deposit. I am owed an apology for the way you have been handling my calls and your company should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing this to continue. I’m 100% sure this is happening with multiple customers. You’re clearly not reviewing the calls of your agents, because if you were you would know how your customers are being treated by your agents. And if you do know, and have yet to do anything about it, then shame on you!

Hello Anna,

We apologize for your experience and would to have this looked into. We have sent you a private message requesting additional information from you.

Thank you, Crystal / Social Service Specialist

Original review: May 27, 2021

ADP has contacted me multiple times over the past few years to try to get my business. Finally after some frustrations with my previous payroll company I decided to make the switch. The implementation was a nightmare. Information was not mapped correctly and the "Implementation specialist" really does not know the system well. Every payroll we processed brought another issue. There is also information that they did not bring over properly from the previous payroll provider (out of pure 100% laziness) and now I am in a position where there is information that I need that I have no way of getting. Don't expect anything that the sales rep tells you to be true as far as ease and professionalism of the implementation process. It is worth less than nothing.

When I asked the Implementation "Specialist" to load the information that was missing she sent me a blank excel template expecting me to manually enter 281 employees' information. Besides for the fact that I am not the implementation specialist here I no longer had that information. That information should have been carried over before the previous payroll provider's account was closed. The time clocks came with very limited instruction with some of the instructions in Chinese. I needed to figure out how to install the clock on my own and write my own instructions for my managers. Just stay away. It's a no brainer. I am killing myself that I actually paid money for this headache.

Isaac,
    I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Let me escalate these concerns to the management team who oversees the servicing of your account. I will ask that they reach out to you to discuss. We will also provide feedback to our Sales & Implementation teams regarding your experience with those areas. It is my sincere hope that in doing so, we can make progress in turning this around for you. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Original review: May 18, 2021

My company has been using ADP for some time now. I used to get paper checks but that is no longer available so I was sent a WISLEY card to get paid on. I had used and trusted this card for almost 2 years. A month ago my card was cloned and my money was drained from my account. I called the fraud number on the back of the card and filled out the paperwork they asked me for. They are denying my claim to receive my money back an'd wont even give me a reason why. ADP Wisely sent me a card for my paychecks that was not SECURE! Now I am left holding the empty bag. I'm ruined because of this company. Somebody help.

Hello Reynaldo,

Thank you for reaching out. I escalated your concerns to the Team and they attempted to reach you by phone but were only able to leave a detailed voicemail. There has been an outcome on your claim, and for more information please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you, Crystal / Social Service Specialist