Call now
2.26/5
Based on 125 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From payroll to employee benefits, to taxes, retirement, and more, ADP is here to help you manage your business every step of the way. ADP has solutions for all business types and sizes. Whether you are a small, medium, large or multinational business, ADP will find the solution that best fits your business needs. Our leading solutions and team of experts will help you reduce costs and develop HR strategies that align with your business goals. Contact us today to learn more about our services and business solutions.

ADP Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

667 ADP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have been having an issue since October 2017 with integration between ADP Run Payroll and our PC Law software. Every time I call ADP support I get sent back to a level 1 support technician and have to begin explaining the problem from square one. Ultimately the technician tries a few tests and then proceeds to blame the PC Law software application even though it is obvious that it is an ADP issue. I've spent hours on the phone with PC Law support technicians and everything we do points to some issue in the ADP connection. Whenever we conference in with an ADP technician they start playing the PC Law blame game within a few minutes.

We've also been informed by the ADP level 1 techs that we can't actually talk to the ADP engineering team directly but have to go through these obviously undertrained individuals who are basically following a preset script in trying to solve this issue. We will be moving on to another payroll service provider soon. Maybe a company like GUSTO where you can actually talk to the engineers when you're having a problem?

Frank,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could kindly, via PRIVATE response, confirm the company legal name and/or ADP account # for me, I will get right to work on this for you and get the right folks engaged on this end to assist.

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have been having a problem logging in for 2 months and every time I call I just get a recording telling me to contact my employer. The problem is a technical one, seeing as I do login successfully followed by a continuous spinning circle in the center of the site. The phone system at ADP is absolutely useless and I feel like they honestly don't care about customer service whatsoever.

Hello Lucas,

Based on our contractual agreement with your employer, ADP does not provide customer service to non-authorized contacts. You were instructed correctly to contact your employer's Human Resources or Payroll contact for assistance. Even if the problem is technical in nature, they may be able to help or, if not, they have the authority to contact at ADP for assistance.

As a courtesy to you, I will reach out to your employer's ADP Service Center, ask them to contact your employer's authorized contact and request that they reach out to you to offer assistance.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

What a joke of a company. They mailed my check (receiving 401K distribution) to the wrong address? Then had to wait for the check to be returned before they could issue a new check. They would not do a wire transfer or overnight it? They assured me that my check would be mailed out the following Monday. That was two Mondays ago and I still do not have my check? When I call them I thought that I was speaking with someone from China. I asked them where the check was mailed from and they said New Hampshire. I was assured that the check was going to be mailed out on 2/5/2018. It only takes three day for mail to arrive in North Carolina from New Hampshire. I have been waiting for MY MONEY for over a month! Enough Said!

*Updated 2/20*
Richard,
Based on your feedback, I escalated this situation to our 401(k) team and asked them to reach out to you with updated status of your distribution check. As I understand it, the issue has been resolved and your check was delivered on Saturday 2/17. Should you require anything else, please let us know.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I found out that ADP Benefits Portal waived my insurance coverage (health and dental) while working with ADP Verification Service on approving my reported life event. The life event was to report that my wife and child has their own insurance coverage. ADP waived my insurance coverage without any form of notice, prompt or valid reason. Leaving me with no insurance when the time I need it. Conflicting email response from ADP (via benefitsgroup@inventivhealth.com), tells me that I needed to have my life events report approved before I was able to proceed to open enrollment. Meanwhile, on the ADP Portal site - it states that life events reporting is not needed when it's Open Enrollment.

I then asked if waiving someone's insurance (all the while working with ADP Verification Services) was an automatic procedure - and they did not answer the question. The personnel at ADP Verification services (call ref.: **) even tells me that, at the very least I should still have my insurance - albeit with wife and child included. It has been a week since my last email to them, and there is still no response. Which puts me in a quandary because what if, God forbid, I need to go to the hospital or get into an accident. Meanwhile, ADP Verification services has approved my life event - which meant my appeal has succeeded. I need my insurance coverage back.

ADP response

ADP, LLC (ADP) is a service provider who contracts with employers to perform benefit enrollment administration services. ADP facilitates enrollment by an employee into employer provided benefits based upon the employer’s defined rules at the time the employee is newly hired, experiences qualifying status change and during the annual enrollment period. InVentiv Health, Inc. retained ADP to provide benefit enrollment administration services. ADP takes instruction from the employer, InVentiv Health, Inc. According to the definition of these terms under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), ADP is not the plan sponsor, nor the plan administrator of InVentiv Health, Inc.’s group health plan. Further, ADP is not the insurer, nor is ADP the party who procures or pays for coverage.

We have reviewed Mr. Faigao’s situation and discussed with his employer. Based upon the rules defined by InVentiv Health Inc., Mr. Faigao was required to re-elect all benefits for which he wished to enroll for 2018 plan year. The annual enrollment materials made available to Mr. Faigao by InVentiv specified the actions required to elect benefits for the 2018 plan year. Due to Mr. Faigao’s failure to elect specific benefits, his benefits were set to “waived” based upon the rules defined by InVentiv. ADP discussed this matter with InVentiv Health, Inc., the plan sponsor and plan administrator. InVentiv will not make any changes to Mr. Faigao’s enrollment at this time.

If you have any further questions, please contact InVentiv directly.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

ADP has been great for our little church. We have never had an issue. The only time we've asked for help is when we changed Treasurers. I just hope the fees don't continue increasing. Increased fees will force us to change vendors.

Ann,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! I've passed along your feedback to the management team who oversees your account. In the meantime, if there is anything you might need you can reach your ADP Service team at (877) 544-6003.

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I am quite frightened that I will not receive my paycheck! ADP will has locked me out of the direct deposit information on the Home page for employees. I cannot access and enter my correct direct deposit information on the link - and the HR person and the corporate office in Minnesota don't know what's going on! I have contacted corporate office directly, but it is still not fixed. I need to get my pay, or I won't be able to pay my bills! This is serious and there is no way to contact them to fix this pay screw up! I don't know what's going on here, but if I cannot get my pay, I will be in serious trouble. ADP does not seem to allow for fixes in their mistakes. If I do not get my pay on the 15th - I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau!

Erin,

If you could kindly, via PRIVATE response, confirm your employer name for me, I would be happy to have someone look into this. We will follow up with your employer, assist them if needed, and will ask them to circle back to you.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have been working for Fallas Paredes for over six months now. I have not been able to access the portal. I also receive an error message that says that my account is locked. Every time I ask my employer, he states that he is too busy to assist me. When I call ADP, I get an automated messages saying, "contact your employer". I am twenty-four years old, with limited English skills. I am in need of access to my employment information for school admission, medical and financial assistance. I wish that someone will be so kind as to help me. I am in the process of maybe having to file an EEOC (feeling discriminated against) complaint because of this. I am extremely frustrated. PLEASE HELP.

Hello Aliyaris,

Based on our established contract with your employer, we are not able to directly assist employees of client, we can only work with our authorized contacts. I can reach out to your employer's ADP Service Center, ask them to reach out to our authorized contact (your employer's authorized ADP HR/Payroll contact) and ask them to reach back out to you to offer assistance.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My ADP garnishment services received an order from the court in Maryland where my divorce was, on December 6th 2017. My ex husband gets paid weekly therefore they were to send checks every week. I received three checks for the last weeks of December and everything was great I thought. Well now it is the 9th of January 2018 and I have not received another penny since the last check dated 12/29/2017. So the first week I attributed it to bad weather and the holidays etc and the second week I just couldn't imagine and now here it is an entire month almost month-and-a-half later and still no money. I finally called ADP garnishment services on January 8th and again today on January 9th and was told that my ex-husband switched departments which caused the payments to stop but they said that as of yesterday it was brought to their attention by whom I don't know and the payments would begin again after his next paycheck.

I was told today that the company that he works for Pepco has changed names apparently to Exelon and that's why the payments have stopped. I went on the website a week ago to check and see if I can find out the status and found a modification that changed the frequency of the checks from weekly to monthly and it was dated January 29th 2018. That led me to believe that they were holding this money and were going to pay me at the end of the month. But according to them they know nothing about that document which I have a copy of by the way, they say that the payments were stopped because of the company changing names. Go figure. So that certainly isn't paying my bills and I'm not sure what to do now. I have called several times and can't seem to get anyone who knows what they are talking about. Please help me.

Hi Debra,

I am sorry to hear of your experience. I have escalated your concern to the leadership in the Garnishment Services space to review your situation. They will be reaching our directly to you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Today is payday. I received notice from a collector of a debt that I owed from when I was 19 was going to start garnishing my wages. I contacted the collector and settled the account on 01/23/18. The release was faxed by my employer, to ADP on 01/25/18. Checked my payslip today and ADP went ahead and garnished my wages. This is unacceptable. If I were to drop the ball like this at my job, I wouldn't have one. The collector is now redirecting me back to ADP, since they will refuse the payment. I expect my money to be returned as soon as possible, without additional taxes being withheld, or I'm going to have to hire an attorney.

Hello Danica,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with ADP. I would like to have a someone from our garnishment team reach out to you to see how we can expedite a resolution.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We have been very pleased with ADP's services. Their responses to inquiries and questions are timely, and we especially appreciate Alex ** who was our original account representative. We would definitely recommend ADP to other companies. Thank you for all you do for us ADP.

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate you for taking the time. I will make sure that Alex's manager gets your feedback so they can provide kudos.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

This is as simple as it can get: ADP is debiting my account monthly for payroll service that they do not provide. Why would any company want to charge its customer when the company is not performing a service. I have a small business and revenue is not guaranteed and comes in periodically. I run payroll only when needed and I have the revenue. ADP seems to only be interested in creating a re-occurring monthly cash flow stream and not desirous to listed to its customer. So they charge monthly for doing no work for my business. That is simply so unacceptable in the way we do business in the US.

Hello James,

ADP appreciates you voicing your concern and taking the time to speak with us regarding monthly fees charged to your account. ADP charges, as part of our Terms and Conditions, a monthly maintenance fee if a client has not processed a payroll in a 30 day time span. This fee is to keep accounts active and in compliance with state and federal agencies at all times. Tax agencies require returns to be filed for active accounts, whether the employer is processing payroll or not. In the event of no processing, ADP files Zero returns, on behalf of their clients to keep them in compliance with filing regulations.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am having a horrendous experience with this company. I had issues with the paycheck I received on January 5th. I am expecting a refund, but that has not occurred yet nor have I been told when it will. In the past few weeks, I called a couple of times to see what's going on with my refund and each time I was told I should expect a resolution within 3 to 5 days. Well, this has not happened and no one is able to tell me anything beyond "We are sorry, our research team is working really hard to resolve this". Literally, that is the only thing I've been told! In my case, there was a VERY CLEAR mistake and no research should be necessary. It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to call in every week, spend about an hour on the phone each time, and still be nowhere near having this case closed.

Hello Andrea,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to connect you with someone at ADP who can help. In order to that, I will need more information since I cannot identify the client from the information provided.

Please private message me your employer's legal name, and address as it appears on your pay statement along with the Federal ID number if available.

Resolution response: Feb. 9, 2018

I have been in contact with Erin and she is taking care of me as we speak. thank you

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I switched back to ADP after kind of being pushed to use ADP, I have been trying to get a quote for workmen's comp, I originally received a quote when I first formed the company but the company wasn't generating any funds at the time and have a sales rep force me to run 1 payroll so I (her) can make sure my account would stay active, I just gave up and went to a different provider,because I don't like people being pushy.

I since have switched back to ADP because of a nice offer from the general manager for this area. I asked him if he could provide me information on workmen's comp and he transferred me to a lady named Erin. I believe she asked a bunch of questions and said, "I'll get back with you the next day with quotes," well it's been almost a month and a half and haven't heard a word from anyone, I even emailed all the contacts I had when starting up the company with no response, I even filled out their question form online again and still nothing, I really like the pay as you go idea so I'm not getting hit at the end of the year but I guess I'll go that route if need be or ill go to another payroll company that can provide me with everything I need. They would get 5 stars if someone would respond.

William,

Based on your feedback, I reached out to our Sales team & they determined that the phone number we had in our system for your business was incorrect – off by one digit - so we had been calling the incorrect phone number. I know that Erin on our Sales team has already reached out to you to advise and to confirm that she has corrected your phone number in our database AND is working with the insurance carrier to be able to quote Workers Comp coverage for your business. Erin will continue to follow up with you until we get to resolution on that for you.

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, and allowing us the opportunity to rectify the matter for you!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Whenever I contact your company with questions or information that I need, everyone is always very helpful and knowledgeable. Our paychecks are always processed timely. It is a pleasure interacting with your staff. They answer my multiple questions without hesitation, and I am never made to feel my questions are silly or unimportant.

Connie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. So glad to hear you are pleased with our service! Should you need anything from our Client Service team in the future, you can continue to reach them at (866) 989-0196. In the meantime, have a great weekend!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have never had a negative experience with ADP. I am not really good with computers and have had to request assistance from ADP several times. They do not treat me like an idiot and are always cheerful and helpful. I would not hesitate to call whenever I have questions.

Hello Claire,

We appreciate your feedback. Our service teams are dedicated to providing the best possible service they can. I will pass your feedback to your local Service Center. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

While business conditions have forced me to end my relationship with ADP for the time being, I found that your interfaces were clear, reports useful, accounting accurate, and most importantly, that your customer service has been excellent.

Hello Peter,

We are sorry to hear about your situation. At ADP, supporting a client as they end their time with us is just as important as when a client continues with our service. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I am very happy with the response I get via email rather than having to wait on hold on the phone. Very helpful. I had questions regarding end of year 1099 forms and I emailed a couple of times and got the answer I needed.

Hello Mary,

Thank you for the positive review and kind words. I will forward this review to key contacts in your ADP Service Center.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I had canceled my entire account with ADP and everything was fine until about 5 months after that, when I started getting billed AGAIN for a "maintenance" fee. They didn't want to help me resolve this issue and cried about $80. I explained my situation to them and we went back and forth, pointing fingers at who's to blame. As a business owner myself, this is unacceptable and should not be tolerated - especially from a larger firm like ADP. They have lost all possible referrals and future business from me and all of my business partners (I own an industry leading company). I personally do not recommend ADP if you care about their Customer Service and if you want a company that stands behind their policies. If you want a company that cares about their customer satisfaction, look elsewhere.

Hello Julian,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please private message me your company name and client identifier so I can have local leadership review this situation.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have this company doing our minority run company doing our ACH payrolls. Sometime ago they started increasing their fees which were not agreed upon when we started using them for our payroll needs. The worst however are $50 ACH debits that are fraudulent that this company started deducting from our business account for some months. Despite numerous calls and email requests the money has not been returned to us.

Do not hire them to do your payrolls as you will start seeing unauthorized ACH debits that you cannot put a stop to until one freezes the business account. The bank are helpless to put a stop to these deductions until one gets a written authority from them to terminate the ACH debits and payrolls. I am using them out of desperation for two more months so that we don't screw our first quarter tax filings. Never give them authority to directly ACH debit their fees from your business account. If one is interested in filing a class action lawsuit contact us ASAP and to discuss their modus operandi.

Hello Ayaz,

I am sorry you has this experience. I would be happy to have your local leadership review your experience and best options for resolution. Please private message me your company name and client identifier.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

On December 24th I gained a week of vacation through the company I work for. ADP Has still FAILED to apply it to my account so I could use it. Almost 2 months later. I think this very large corporation is wasting money on this ADP crap.

Cindy,

Though ADP is not permitted to work with employees of our clients directly, I would be happy to have someone look into this. We will follow up with your employer, and will ask them to circle back to you.

If you could kindly, via PRIVATE response, confirm your employer name for me, I will get right to work on this for you.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I was a Paychex customer for many years. A former accountant of mine recommended ADP and I thought I would try them. We are a business of about 20 people. The implementation went bad quickly. They didn't transfer employee categories, the deductions were messed up, they didn't ask the right questions - long story short - they ended up sending two deposits to my employees on the first payroll and then had to take the money out of the employees' accounts. Many apologies and lots of aggravation later I switched back to Paychex just in time to salvage my accounting and standing with my employees (who were all worried and upset). And by the way - this is the USA based implementation team. After the first 90 days I would be transferred to a call center in the Philippines or India. I am surprised they are still in business. Stick with or go to Paychex and don't look back.

Hello Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that your implementation went so badly.

We implement hundreds, if not thousands, of clients per day across ADP. Most times it goes without a hitch.

I do see that your account is terminated and it doesn't appear that there are any action items requested in your review. I will forward it to the Senior Leadership Team of your former ADP Service Center, so we can use it as a teachable opportunity.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I'm unable to speak to a live person as an employee. I call the 1800 numbers and it says to contact my HR. Dept. I don't have an HR dept. Only the owner. Payroll in my office has not been deposited on the day of payday more than once. Owner states it's ADP with system issues. Tried calling ADP if that's the case. If not then we know it's the owner that didn't process the payroll in a timely manner. We just need to know one question... If payroll is processed during the day, will we have our payroll deposit that night at midnight in our bank account? Can't talk to anyone, it says on the 800 number to talk to ADP client rep, which we don't know who that is, or HR. Guess we need to report ADP and owner to the state labor board because someone is lying.

Hi Michelle,

I am sorry to hear of your experience. I will have the client's service team reach out to our contact to see how we can assist.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

As part of a pre-hire screening, my prospective employer contracted ADP to verify my employment history. They have spent 7 days requesting forms and a pay stub, only to call again this morning and say I have still not provided sufficient information. I worked for a large national retailer for 8 years, and these people can't just pick up the phone and do their jobs? I filled out the required paperwork, they have the company name, a pay stub with corporate contact info, my employee number, SSN etc, and they still cannot figure it out? It's nice to know that my financial future rests on the shoulders of outsourced fools from ADP.

Hello Mike,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

If you would like to private message me with details regarding your prospective employer (Federal Legal Name), I can have a Screening & Selection Services associate reach out to them and see if there is anything we can do to simplify this process for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with! To get something fixed they make you call India literally India who then has to email somebody back in the US who will get back to you later with the correction. They told me my payroll would be fixed within the next two weeks. It wasn't. I called them back. They said this was India again. They're going to email the US. It's a very frustrating. You do not talk to anybody who can fix anything. Their customer service is terrible. It is without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life.

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you have experienced.

I believe I have found you by name in our database. I will reach out to your ADP Service Center and arrange for someone to contact you to hear your concerns and assist you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

After meeting with the District Manager on January 15 and explaining we had only 10 employees, everything seemed to be moving along. I was asked to provide ADP information (most of it sensitive) and repeatedly called to provide more and more information (which I promptly provided). Until after giving all they needed, ADP provided nothing but crickets! No response! Finally, January 30th I demanded I receive a quote! At that point, they advised they could not help us with the healthcare portion of the service because only 3 families were enrolled. So much for helping small business! Then I was given a Workers Compensation quote that was significantly more than my current WC insurance. Finally, the cost for payroll alone was astronomical compared to their competitors. Do not waste your time! They are not for small business!!! Very disappointing. Shame on you ADP!!!

Maria,
I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your business needs. I will be escalating your concerns to our sales management so that they can review your feedback & your experience with our sales team.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018 Delays for my first disbursements was 12 calendar days. She as the payee was very frustrated, as was I as the payor. Here is what appears to be happening:

ADP is holding funds. They are very likely collecting interest on those funds. When I call, they cannot tell me exactly where the money is being held, nor why. I have called multiple times to ADP wage garnishment at (866) 324-5191. I am not able to access my garnishment info through their website, and they cannot/ will not fax the records to me with dates they receive the actual funds and then disburse them. When I make the selection on their automated phone system, I am told that option is not available to me. Perhaps a subpoena would compel?

Anyone else experiencing this massive frustration, you may want to google-search "ADP Garnishment holding class action" soon, and you may be seeing some top search results (with the contact info for a Law Firm), if this issue is not resolved. I do not accept ADP's explanation to another frustrated customer below that different U.S. states require a "holding period" before accepting garnished payments. The SDU reps where my funds go to say that they have never heard such a thing.

My situation: Pay dates are 8th and 23rd, twice a month. Before my employer started using ADP on January 1, 2018 my withheld funds (garnishment via Income Withholding Order) would arrive at our State Disbursement Unit *ON or BEFORE* the 8th and 23rd (my payroll dept would have funds sent to SDU via non-ADP processing). Those withholdings would then be ACH-transferred to my ex-spouse's bank account by the SDU that same day, and arrive in her checking account the next business day. The lone exception in 2017 was the week of Thanksgiving due to the 23rd being a federal holiday, so payment arrived at SDU the 24th, one day after my pay date.

1/8/2018 paycheck: For my first payroll date with my company using ADP, the payment was deducted from my 1/8/18 paycheck. My bank actually credits pending payroll deposits one business day prior, so my paycheck funds were available to me in my cash account on 1/5. However the SDU did not receive ADP's transfer of the garnishment until 1/16/18-- a full 8 days later. She received it in her bank account the next day. The is NO REASON WHATSOEVER why I should see my portion of the paycheck on 1/5, yet she doesn't get hers until 1/18

1/23/2018 paycheck: Today's phone call with them inquiring the whereabouts of over $1,500 from 1/23, I was asked to fax (not email, is this 1992??) my 1/23 Paystub to them at a 1-888 number while on the phone with their customer service (866) 324-5191 (presumably to an overseas call center since I reach very polite, well-spoken reps with Hindi/ Indian English accents each time I call). Then when they received the fax during the same phone call today and were able to verify that the funds were, in fact, withheld from my 1/23 payroll, they still could not tell me where they were. They finished the call saying they were "referring it up to a special team." They even suggested that my company was to blame. They took my email address and phone number but did not provide me a ticket or incident number for their "investigation." They simply told me to call back in 2 days. This is not acceptable.

ADP response

ADP thanks Consumer Affairs for sharing the above-referenced matter with us. The consumer’s employer utilizes ADP to process its wage garnishment orders, disburse funds associated with those orders and provide call center support services since January 2018.

On January 8th, 2018, the consumer, Lukas was paid, whereas his support obligation is scheduled bi-weekly, and to disburse on the following Monday, which is well within the required time frame to disburse funds to the Illinois State Disbursement Unit.

However, on check date January 23rd, 2018, though the funds were removed from his actual payroll, the funds were not disbursed by ADP. The consumer contacted ADP on 01/23/2018 to confirm payments, which were not yet visible by ADP. On January 30th, 2018, the consumer contacted ADP to confirm and validate the status of the payment.

Upon confirmation that the funds were not disbursed or information was available, the ADP associate asked the consumer to fax a copy of his pay check stub to the solution center whereas the associate escalated the situation to the account manager, who is the direct liaison with the employer.

The consumer then reached out to Consumer Affairs on February 1st, 2018, whereas the solution center worked with the employer to resolve the issue which was a systemic error. Our team leader contacted the consumer directly, and worked with him on each step of the resolution process.

We can understand that the consumer was displeased that he experienced a significant delay in disbursing funds from his check to the recipient of court ordered support. Likewise, we understand that it can be displeasing to a consumer to hear that the root cause of the delay may need additional research and time to resolve.

We believe ADP acted reasonably and appropriately in working the issue in a timely manner once we were alerted to the issue, whereas the payment was confirmed remitted to the agency on the same day, and as of 02/08/2018, our team leader followed up with the employee regarding the status of the support disbursement for this week’s payroll.

We again thank you Consumer Affairs for bring this matter to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to review and respond appropriately.

Sincerely,

ADP Wage Garnishments

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Ever since my husband began his current job, ADP has made managing our family insurance plans impossible. The employer itself states that only ADP can add or remove an employee or family members from insurance plans at that company. ADP states on the employer can direct them to add or remove an employee from insurance plans. When my husband began his job, because of this conflicting direction by both parties, he spent MONTHS trying to sign up for his own company's insurance plan. Later, ADP then stated he's "missed the deadline" to do so, but only because each person contacted sent him to another person to contact. Finally he had to write an official appeal to beg to be added to his own company's insurance plan. Eventually, months after beginning his job, he was finally added, after a lengthy appeal process.

Because of this, the entire time he should have been covered by his own employer's insurance plan, I had to pay an additional $100/month to keep him on my plan until his appeal went thru. So that put us $600 out of pocket to begin with. Fast forward 6 months... We had added myself to his plan as well, so that I'd be double covered, since we were expecting a new baby. The baby was born the same month as his next Open Enrollment Period. We then tried to have myself removed from his insurance plan so that we weren't paying the $400/month that it cost to have me added to his plan (yes, $400 a month in ADDITIONAL COST). But again, ADP stated only his employer could make insurance changes during open enrollment. So he tried repeatedly to make that change. After trying to contact someone to do this all thru his open enrollment month, he finally reached someone 2 days after open enrollment ended.

The result was that he was told that no one could now remove me from his insurance plan. They also added that despite what ADP had told my husband, in fact ADP was the only company who could make changes to his insurance plan. So here we were again, with both companies pointing to the other as the "only company who could direct changes to employees' insurance plans. All the while, neither company will make the change, forcing the employee to continue to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket. I finally took matters into my own hands and called the insurance company directly. They conference called the employers HR dept, who stated "Only ADP can make changes to the insurance plan". We then conferenced ADP together, who of course also stated "Only the employer can direct changes to the insurance plan". After the same run around for hours, together, we finally got a hold of an ADP manager.

This person gave us a list of items that each company had power over. They stated that ADP was in fact the entity to make changes to the insurance plan. But the employer would handle questions about time cards, payroll, or change employee addresses on file. They instructed us to write an official Appeal (yes, just like we had to do to get us enrolled in the insurance plan to begin with) and fax it to ADP. I did that. I then asked my husband to call to check up on the Appeal regularly. For a whole month ADP kept saying it was still in review. Finally, today, when my husband called to get an update (yet again), he was suddenly told once again, ADP doesn't direct changes to the insurance plan, only the employer does. They had no record all of a sudden of the faxed appeal (that they had JUST BEEN REVIEWING FOR A MONTH) and insisted he call his employer.

When he did so, again he was told, only ADP can make changes to the insurance plan. Between this employer, and ADP, We're stuck in a Catch 22 situation. We can't add or remove anyone from this insurance plan because both parties claim ONLY THE OTHER PARTY can make such changes. Of course just like before, this is costing us out of pocket while they point at each other. For months it cost $100/month while we waited to sign up for insurance. Now that we're stuck on the plan and cannot have anyone removed, it's costing us $400 out of pocket. And neither company will allow a refund of the money they're stealing from my husband's paycheck while they point to each other to take action. The cost of working for this employer, who uses ADP to mismanage these insurance plan, has been thousands of dollars out of pocket. As a young family, we certainly can't afford to pay corporations to work for them.

It's absolutely ridiculous that employees cannot add or remove themselves or family members from the insurance plans, all because both the employer and ADP point to each other as the ONLY PARTY who can make those changes. I've never seen a company hold employees hostage in this manner. It seems, to me at least, that the only way to get off this insurance plan is to quit the job associated with the plan. If neither company has the authority to add or remove anyone from insurance plans, then the only way to stop this insanity is to stop the paychecks, therefore removing ADP's ability to deduct $400 a month for an insurance plan that should have been cancelled months ago.

ADP is the party responsible for adding and removing employees from this insurance plan. They admitted so at the beginning, when my husband finally was added to his company's plan. Additionally by requiring an appeal issued to ADP in order to add him to the plan is further proof that ultimately they ARE the managing authority who adds and removes employees from the plan. They admitted the same again on the conferenced phone call between me, Blue Cross, and them, once we got a top manager on the phone. Further, they insisted YET AGAIN, that we submit an Appeal to ADP (not to the employer) to have me removed from the insurance plan after they AGAIN had directed us to approach the employer to have me removed.

Why they continue to them state they DON'T manage who is added or removed from the insurance plan is mind-boggling. But the fact that it's costing us $400 a month seems criminal. We're being literally robbed for $400 a month by a corporation who wants to give their clients' employees the run around. After this review, I'll be contacting the Insurance Commissioner, the Attorney General, and other parties who may or may not be able to sort this out and stop the forced draining of our household monthly income, for the purposes of lining the pockets of large corporations.

Hello Jen,

I am so sorry to hear of your experience. I would be happy to escalate this to the leadership over the account. Please private message me your husband's name, employer, and last four of his social security number. Once I have the information I can engage the right area.

Pauline

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The Retirement sections that appear in multiple areas of the ADP site always show an error in red stating we had a problem or try again later. I used the support email link to ask about the issue and after a week of no response I made a call. The person on the phone had no idea what I was referring to and tried to tell me to contact the owner of my company to resolve this. I said he could not possibly resolve this ADP website issue so they reluctantly opened a ticket. In the meantime the owner of my company gave me a contact to try and I see the same thing, even after supplying screenshots of the issue, they have no clue what's going on and they tell me it's not an ADP issue and I should use the Voya site to see my retirement stuff.

Voya is a whole other story but they are the company they ADP farms out the retirement stuff to. I've already learned that there is a terrible alignment between these 2 companies after having some other issues. To login to Voya account you need a whole different account than the ADP one, ADP doesn't mention this anywhere. I also learned that they just seem to want to blame each other for any issues that arise. So after a lengthy phone call and probably 4 or 5 emails, ADP just seems to not understand I have a problem that I can't resolve and they need to. I have to sit back and say what kind of company is this ADP?

Hi Mike,

I am sorry to hear of your experience. Let me get the right leaders involved to assist you. You can expect a call from Retirement Services directly.

Thanks,

No response received
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I am having the WORST experience with these people. I have called a total of 14 times in less than two weeks. For one, why does it take two pay periods for my direct deposit to go through when any other job it takes a day? And two, everyone I speak to seems to not understand what is said to them and not know much. I was told several different things and come to find out online it is completely different than what I was told when I log in.

I made a call to ask a question about a card because I didn't have one. My HR had my card and I didn't know. I’ve never had a card by an employer. When I started my new job I updated my routing info and it was approved. A few days before payday I received an email saying my account information was changed and I didn't change anything. I admit I made the mistake of cancelling my card without getting with my HR first but ever since has been a disaster that customer service cannot fix. I made several calls to just ask questions and because the stupid prompt when you call only gives two OPTIONS I had to choose the only option to report a stolen or lost card. Kinda silly huh?

I told the reps I DO NOT WANT TO CANCEL THE CARD! Well when I called again to address another issue (I was told I would have checks with my card) well I didn't and should have known so I called back. Guess what? The next rep said I was only allowed two replacement cards a year. By then I was HIGHLY upset and yes. I raised my voice because I told the rep before and made it very very clear, don't cancel my card. So I ask the man if they have a faster shipping option and I’ll pay the extra cost because I have bills to pay. He said no problem, put in my information, said it would be at my house in 3 to 5 days and he would wipe the charge for the second card for misunderstanding. Well... 5 days later NOOOO CARD! Go figure. So I call again, come to find out the rep I spoke to put in my card to be shipped my regular mail and I was charge for the extra card still.

I received the TWO cards finally about two or three days later and activated the one I was told would work. I entered the card number and the prompt on the phone activated the card. When I looked on the app I saw a different card number. When I called again I was aggravated and angry at this point and asked to speak to a supervisor because who knows! Before I know it some rep would have sent out a new card and I just wanted to figure out an issue and ask a question. The call activated a card that I don't even have? And a new one was not ordered or sent out. I was told I had it.

Well I need my money now so I decide to try and transfer money and the app would not allow me after putting in my information. So I called to ask another rep and was told it takes up to 24 hours for information to be verified and I can. I’ll try again tomorrow and if that doesn’t work, every call after that may not be friendly. All the reps know are to cancel cards and say sorry for your inconvenience. Nothing is fixed, things are made worse. They act like robots. This is the worst experience ever and if I don't receive my money and I can't transfer it there will be a huge problem.

Hello Olivia,

I'm sorry to hear of the challenges you have experienced with Card Services.

I'm going to reach out to ADP's ALINE Team and ask that they contact you directly to help ensure that funds are available as soon as possible and to help avoid future entanglements.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My previous employer used ADP for their payroll service. When I filled out my new hire paperwork, I elected to have an additional $10 to be withheld in order to maximize my tax return. When I filed my taxes it showed I owed the IRS over $4,000! After reviewing my pay stubs, it showed that the $10 was entered as an override for federal withholding. I didn't even know that was possible. I have called both my previous employer and ADP in order to correct the mistake. All they do is refer me to each other instead of helping me correct the issue. My attorney will be the next to call them. I should not be held responsible for their mistakes. I hope that I receive a reply like everyone else so that may get this problem fixed. Tax time is running out!

Kevin,
Though we cannot work with employees of our clients directly - if could could send me (via Private Response) the name of the employer in question (as it appears on your W2), I would be happy to coordinate outreach to your employer by their ADP Service team. We will check in with our client, and offer any support or assistance they require in regards to this matter.

ADP expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ADP has served over 610,000 clients with cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) for over 60 years. Its services help businesses of all sizes take on human resources, payroll, talent, tax and benefits administration tasks using technology to simplify processes. ADP tailors its payroll services for small, midsized, large and multinational business solutions.

• Small business solutions: ADP’s small business payroll solutions are made for companies with up to 50 employees and come in three packages: Essential, Enhance and Complete plus HR. Essential payroll lets you run the software online, by phone or using ADP’s mobile app. It features services like direct deposit, payroll delivery, electronic reports, general ledger interface, eTimecard, 1099 and W-2 and tax filing. Enhanced payroll features everything from the Essential package plus HR tips and resources to keep you informed, while the Complete package includes a full range of HR tools.

• Midsized business solutions: ADP’s midsized business payroll solutions are for companies with 50-1,000 employees and comes in three packages with varying features that help you manage things like payroll, tax filing and payroll tax compliance. ADP’s midsized business payroll automation gives your employees mobile access to pay statements, W-2s and self-service tools.

• Large business solutions: ADP’s large business payroll solutions are for businesses with over 1,000 employees. You can integrate payroll with HR, timekeeping and benefits administration tasks, simplify for PTO accrual and take advantage of online reports for better analysis. ADP’s large business payroll solutions minimize the challenges big companies face by simplifying its cloud-based software to make keeping track of every employees payroll and tax information.

• Multinational business solutions: ADP offers two packages for businesses with global workforces to help them manage their payroll. ADP GlobalView is an integrated suite of global HCM services, including talent management and payroll expertise services. The ADP Streamline package is a multinational payroll software that gives businesses access to consistent, multi-country payroll data and minimizes the need for in-country payroll specialists.

• Pricing: Interested companies can request a quote online for each of ADP’s payroll solutions. They offer your first two months for free when you sign up for an account.

• Best for: companies of any size that are looking for a cloud-based payroll software.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.adp.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use