4.1(2,256)

About ADP Payroll Services

ADP helps companies manage payroll, employee benefits, taxes, retirement and other services. The company has solutions for small, medium, large and multinational businesses. Its specialists work with businesses to reduce costs and develop human resources strategies that align with the business’s goals.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Easy to use
  • Mobile app
  • Flexible options
Cons
  • No free trials
  • No pricing info without a quote

Featured Reviews

Verified
New Castle, DE

Great service. No crazy fees and very happy with my service. Customer service is wonderful and never had issues. I'm sticking with this card for a long time. Never hassled and the...

Verified
Colorado Springs, CO

I've used ADP card for years. Never a problem. Never been locked out. Easy to check balance. When I needed a new card they sent it pretty quick. Never had a problem using it eithe...

What is ADP Payroll?

ADP Payroll is a service provider for companies of every size that offers payroll, human resources and other services. It works with businesses across many industries to help them save time and operate more efficiently.

Its additional service offerings include time and attendance tracking, talent management, employee benefits and outsourcing. ADP also offers a marketplace of apps and a library of resources and tools to help companies. Quotes and demos are free, which gives you the chance to find out more about how its HR services can work for your company without spending any money.

What does ADP do?

ADP replaces a traditional human resources or payroll department within a company and provides remote services to manage these tasks. Its basic plans offer payroll coverage for companies ranging from one to more than 1,000 employees. You can then add HR services, including guidance, process improvements and dedicated HR support. It also offers outsourcing solutions or co-employment services.

Mid-sized companies and larger may benefit from additional services. Its time and attendance option includes basic tools for full workforce management. For talent management, it offers recruiting, hiring, management and growth services. Its employee benefits packages include benefits administration, retirement, group health insurance, business insurance and workers’ compensation. The company can integrate its solutions with top software systems and other apps.

ADP pricing

Pricing is based on your company's size and the services you require. You can schedule a demo with an ADP professional or request a quote online. It offers several package tiers, starting with basic payroll services and ranging up to include full payroll and HR coverage.

ADP’s plans for larger companies include recruiting and hiring services, employee benefits and other services. Smaller companies may qualify for special promotions, including up to three free months of services.

ADP Payroll FAQ

Can I access ADP after termination?
Yes. After your separation from the company, you will have access to ADP for three years. However, it cannot provide login information or assistance, so be sure to keep track of your information.
Can I print my pay stub from ADP?
Yes, you can print your pay stub through ADP’s iPay service. You can view, download and print your statements through this online self-service kiosk.
Is ADP worth it?
If you devote a lot of time to HR and payroll management, ADP might be a worthwhile investment to improve efficiency and save time. You can also take advantage of its streamlined process and industry knowledge to help you provide the best service to your employees.
Does ADP pay early?
ADP does offer early pay, but it depends on whether your employer has opted for this service. If so, you’ll have instant access to your paycheck once your employer submits it.
What bank does ADP use?
ADP cards are issued through Fifth Third Bank. Its paycards have a variety of banking features and fewer fees than traditional accounts.

Is ADP safe?

ADP is a reputable, safe payroll and human resources service provider. It offers a variety of services to improve the efficiency of your small-to-large business, saving time and money along the way. Its customized approach doesn’t let it provide transparent pricing before speaking to a representative, so you need to schedule a demo or a quote for more cost information.

Stars Rating

• 35%
  • 48%
  • 13%
  • 1%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Not a very honest and transparent company. I should've checked Google or BBB reviews before signing up with ADP, but I did not. And now, after just one month of being with the company, I have to move my payroll again. The following is very demonstrative. ** Or you can just Google "adp payroll services reviews".

Hi Timur,

It is not a threat or suggestion. Just notifying you that we have received your complaint and have asked a service leader to look into this situation and reach out to connect with you to get more details.

Hello Timur,
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience with ADP so far. I have relayed your message to our service leaders and asked them to look into this and reach out.

Resolution In Progress

Get buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed March 8, 2024

This Company, as I said before will BEAT the little guy up with excessive and enormous fees, please stay away from ADP services. There are so many companies out there. Do your research. This will run you in the ground.

Hello Giovanni,
      We apologize for your experience with our services. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and have relayed it to our service leaders.

Staff

Reviewed March 5, 2024

We started with ADP in January of 2023. They used to be the best. Unfortunately, their software is antiquated and services are disconnected. Two payrolls, some employees did not get paid because the benefits were set up incorrectly. To complete a payroll, could take up to 7 hours because of a software "glitch" If you have an HR situation, someone might get back to you in two weeks. Most importantly, my state payroll taxes were never paid.

Hello Alicia,
      We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our payroll service and the lack of follow-up. I've located your account and asked our service leaders to look into this and reach out.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2024

Received a so called paycheck for a minuscule amount and the buffoons there don’t know why. People at the company don’t know why. Then it was the weekend so no one bothered to continue to research WHY this happened. Another company I worked for the same thing happened and YOUR EMPLOYEES were STEALING money from people. You REALLY NEED TO TAKE MORE PRIDE IN YOUR WORK ETHICS. Getting paid for working is a person’s livelihood, paying rent is something you have to do every month. Hard to do when you don’t get paid correctly. I would NEVER RECOMMEND YOUR COMPANY you must be part of Bidenomics, STEALING FROM PEOPLE TO PUT MONEY IN YOUR POCKET. Waiting 30 days to get an issue fixed is unacceptable, 2 days is unacceptable, it should be taken care of immediately. If it’s that hard for you to figure out then you shouldn’t be on business. I don’t want want to hear about the 100’s of companies that use your service I’m talking about 1 and that should be sufficient.

Hello Terry,
      We're very sorry to hear about this issue with your pay. Please have your company's HR/Payroll person contact their ADP Service Team. They can look into what is causing the pay issue and go over available options to get pay corrected and distributed.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

This company just drains your wallet. They do have hidden fees and when you ask about them, they try to come up with some reason that was never discussed beforehand. Don't use if you're a small business. I hired them because I thought they knew what they were doing. Instead, they put some 21 year old kid as our billing manager who messed us up so bad they had to debit our account back for his lack of accounting knowledge. They didn't send us our health and safety place-cards which are required in California until way later. Use Gusto or some other payroll service, this company is just profit hungry and will drain your wallet one way or another.

Hello Breanna,
      We are sorry to hear the frustration our service has caused. I'm relaying your message to a service leader and asking them to look into this and reach out.

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

ADP took money from my bank account to pay my taxes and other state requirements. They never filed ANY returns with the Georgia Department Of Revenue. I presently have over 60 hours invested in phone calls and hold times with ADP and the problem still exists. I have a Revenue department agent on my back weekly. Stay away from this company!!!

Hello Bob,
      We're sorry to hear about your experience with this tax issue and your service. We've notified your service team of your feedback and asked them to check on the status of your case and reach out.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

A piece of advice would be to stay away from this payroll company. I went to them because I am short staffed and I pay myself a salary which should be easy enough and it was mid-term. Nope. They have sent me 3 W-2 and all of them are incorrect. They charge $72 a month for a service that they put on autopay. Only what I pay them does not add up on my W-2. In fact when I look at what has been deposited toward taxes, nothing. State wants payments quarterly and they decided they didn't have to do that either. Not only when I called about adding my healthcare cost to my W-2 they added it on as income and then took another $2200 out of my account. Said they would get it straightened out but now nobody can see details about that or what the refund is suppose to be. So, they continue to take the same amount of money monthly from my checking account but don't put the money toward taxes and don't know where the money is.

I have sat on hold for over 6 hours today and I continue to get disconnected so needless to say, I have not been able to work. Stay away from the company as I believe there is something fraudulent going on. I have asked for a manager the last three times I call and they hang up instead of answering the call. This is day 5 of calling them and this sure is not worth the headache or time. It's the most unreal thing I have ever seen happen before. I will not be staying with this company and I want to see the money I paid for taxes, paid toward my taxes. I want my reimbursement and I also think I should be reimbursed for my time of trying to sort their mess up. Now I have to get the IRS involved as well. Sure don't feel very comfortable having everyone from all countries be able to retrieve my business information and my personal information. Stay clear, it has been a awful experience.

Hello Debra,
      I'm sorry to read of these challenges with your new account. I will arrange for a service leader from your ADP Service Center to contact you to hear your feedback and see if there is anything they can assist you with now.
      Kind regards,

RP - ADP Client Experience

01/18/24 Update - We immediately reached out to Debra to discuss her concerns. A Specialist connected with our client, and they came to an amicable solution to this issue. Debra has the direct contact information for the Specialist she worked with and can reach out if she has any other questions.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2023

ADP has been a nightmare. They submitted withholding taxes to wrong account number, didn’t submit tax forms required by my state, and I have missed three payroll direct deposited in less than 30 days due to their platform having issues. Go elsewhere. Once I get my business back in good standing I will be leaving for good.

Hello,
      I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused. I'm not seeing an account for The Smile Suite. I'd like to have a service leader look into this further. Could you email your name and contact number, and company ID if available, to ask_adp@adp.com.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

Today if Friday, 10/27/2023 and payday. My employer informed me today of ADP Processing problems and direct deposit would be late. It is now 7:28 pm and I still have no funds for work performed. I had heard earlier that the problem is fixed and payroll is processing. Then I heard at about 5:30pm that others employed at the same company as I am, that funds are trickling in. Not mine. I was also told that I would have my money at end of day, but end of day for ADP is 6:00pm or 6:30pm. At 6:30pm I again called the bank to check - no money. I called my employer again and was told the funds coming in is for another employer and I would not get paid until 10/30. I have never heard not of such a thing. Why wouldn't ADP work round the clock to fix this? What happens when my checks bounce? Who can do something about this and why aren't more employers bringing this to light?

Hello Brigitte,
      We understand how important it is for you to receive your pay as expected. We recently resolved an issue that may have impacted your employer. Please have them reach out to their ADP service team for the current status of your pay. Your personal bank provider may also be able to determine if you have a pending direct deposit. We sincerely apologize for this experience.

NW-ADP Client Experience

Verified purchase
      Customer Service

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

From day 1 I should have aborted on using ADP. We have not had a single payroll done properly. They have all our YTD numbers incorrect. It takes them over 2 weeks to complete any requests we have for corrections. They won't respond when we ask for updates. Absolutely the worst customer service I have experienced. Once 2023 is over we will NEVER use them again. Save yourself the time and hassle and use a different company that actually cares about the customers and doing it correctly.

Hello Jordan,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and have reviewed your concerns with the appropriate leaders. I do see that you worked with our rep Kay to process adjustments. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you. PD

ADP Payroll Services Company Information