It's that easy Request Information
3.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

From payroll to employee benefits, to taxes, retirement, and more, ADP is here to help you manage your business every step of the way. ADP has solutions for all business types and sizes. Whether you are a small, medium, large or multinational business, ADP will find the solution that best fits your business needs. Our leading solutions and team of experts will help you reduce costs and develop HR strategies that align with your business goals. Contact us today to learn more about our services and business solutions.

ADP Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1327 ADP Payroll Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: March 26, 2019

When I processed payroll, there was one person that was not processed. ADP staff worked with me and explained that the taxes would be taken out and the amount of payroll check to the employee needed to be issued in the correct amount. It was very simple and easy. No headache over it. Did not take long, actually, it was handled and I was off the phone in the normal amount of time payroll normally takes. The one request I would have is that the employees speak better English. At times it is very hard to understand what they are saying. I do not want to offend anyone by constantly saying excuse me I did not hear what you were saying. I heard it, I just could not understand them.

Rates to process payroll for 5 employees is extremely high! I have been reviewing other options because spending that much bi-weekly for 5 employees is too expensive. I have gotten quotes that are offering to handle everything ADP does for Dean Miller Broadcasting Corp. and it is half the cost monthly. I do not want to leave ADP, however, the cost is definitely an issue and at half the price it would not be wise not to consider it. I know it has been like 4 years ago that our account was reviewed and our cost was dropped. Could you please have someone review our account again and have them email me to discuss how to lower these fees **. Thank you.

Hello Loretta,

Our goal is to make your payroll easy and effortless and I'm glad to hear we were able to assist you quickly. Thank you for being our client.

Regards,

Pauline - ADP/Client Experience

Get expert buying tips about Payroll Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Since joining ADP I have had a good experience with each team member. However, my concerned is with the Human Resource department. Numerous of times, I have reached out to HR to discuss certain employee issue, like written warning, how to terminate an employee, etc. But every time I needed more information on a certain matter I would contact HR and would get different representatives, given me different suggestions on how I should resolved a matter. But to give them credit, each representative would asks me what state that my business is located and would reflect on the state laws in my region.

However the advice on how I should carry out a written warning, or termination would be different from each representative. Instead of ADP HR being a call center, each representative should be held responsible for various accounts with different employers. For example, if there is thirty HR representative working in a call center, each person should be assigned 10 clients. So when an employer need HR advice they can speak with their HR representative directly, not randomly or different agents giving different suggestions.

Hello Lasandra,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for this mostly positive review. I am going to forward it to leaders from your ADP Service Center and will ask them to have someone contact you regarding your H.R. concerns.

ADP - Client Experience

Original review: March 9, 2019

I am the CFO & COO of an educational services firm with fluctuating payroll, but I am very tech savvy, and ADP had some solid options for me to consider. I was at Paychex and they got too costly and services didn't warrant that premium vs. ADP. Sales team at ADP knew my needs before I even asked based on a quick survey call and provided me with a no pressure proposal and let me make the decision. My experience with ADP has been fantastic. Every client has their own story, and this is mine. It will take a strong force to pull me away from ADP. We have a strong relationship where my sales rep knows me now personally and what I need and look for in ADP. This is invaluable and something other firms miss as after the sale is closed as the contact drops after 90 days.

I have been with ADP over a year and I chat with my original sales rep every quarter. The goal is for small business owners to network with their vendors (big or small) and create mutually beneficial relationships, this is when all parties win!! I refer prospects all the time and should they utilize ADPs services I benefit, ADP benefits and my referral benefits. Mainly due to cost effective services with easy user interfaces for small business and I receive referral credits such as up to one year of free payroll or $2,500 credit max. All I can say is ADP has been good to me and should others do their homework and know their own needs 100% then ADP will be good to you as well. ADP is in a highly competitive space, especially with more cloud based startups, but experience and longevity outweigh the newest fad for tech as ADP has been around for many ups and downs and stills remains at the top of the industry. Something to be said for the latter.

Hello Patrick,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the very positive review. It's wonderful to hear that you see the value of our products and services.

I will forward your feedback to Sales Leadership to they can give kudos to your assigned Sales Representative. I believe that would be Ariel.

Original review: March 7, 2019

It's more up little down that explains my relationship with ADP. Our relationship goes back to when the company main office was on Route 3 in Clifton. ADP have the sources and the complete package to beat similar companies in the market but also have some problems when changes needed to be done but overall they are the best company doing payroll and handling payroll taxes. I have a great experience dealing with customer support and I am lucky they assign me a nice person taken my data every two weeks. The reason I never give the max points myself included is there always room to improve. As far as recommending the company to everyone there is no questions. Yes there might be other companies offers less cost but I always believe you pay for the product you get as long as it's reasonable.

Hello Adel,

On behalf of ADP, thank you for the mostly positive review. I can appreciate the "room for improvement." It's great to hear that you would recommend ADP, without hesitancy.

I will relay your kind words to your ADP Service Center. They may reach out to thank you and to glean more information as to how we might improve things, as we strive for to provide you with a perfect service experience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

In general we are happy with RUN; it has made handling payroll very easy and quick. I wish we could change the frequency of the pay so she gets paid once a month, at the beginning of the month, for the next month but by the weeks in a given month. If the first day of the month falls on a Monday, and there are 4 weeks to the month but 3 extra days at the end, she gets 4 weeks pay for the month and the extra three days are paid on the next pay. I was told if someone gets paid for the month, ADP can only paid the first through the last day of the month. Too complicated in some cases, like ours! We went with a payroll company so it would be easier, not more difficult. I believe I am charged much to run pay for the one employee I have. Updated 03/11/2019

I have no incentive to keep using ADP. It's expensive to run pay for 1 person.

Cynthia,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I would be happy to pass this along to the team who oversees your account, to review your billing and see if there is anything we can do to accommodate the pay frequency/amount scenario you describe above.

Christine / ADP - Client Experience

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADP?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I had a question about the interfaces on the ADP Run Portal and was able to quickly find a support chat that could answer my questions very timely. Having knowledgeable staff on your support is very helpful.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The website is easy to navigate and reports are comprehensive and informative. Year end processes are simple and we value the 401-K module as well. If we have queries these are dealt with promptly and effectively.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Very happy with ADP. I'm a small business that has been with ADP for years! The cost for ADP to do our payroll has been good. Always are willing to work with when I have any question! Thank you so much.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I Have no complaints only positive experience. What can I say. When a company does their job, everything goes well. I have only good things to say. Keep up the good work. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Worry Free! While some may feel the fees are a little too high, the peace of mind that comes from leaving all the filings, etc to ADP is worth it! The customer service has always been great when help was needed.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Today, Ron ** - THE BEST! I've worked with him several times. Smart, professional SO HELPFUL and FAST! AND he laughs at my jokes. He's awesome. The wait time on the phone was long but Ron called me because I had an email out requesting a call back too. Thank you.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am very happy with ADP. The entire staff is very professional and eager to help me with my Payroll and Retirement needs. I am always able to contact someone to help me. ADP is also helping me with my retirement needs. The 401k Department does an excellent job.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I happy with the services that ADP offers, but I do feel that the cost for 3 people is somewhat high. There are a lot of services that we do not use or are not necessary for our line of work. When I have had to call for support/help the team has been very helpful in showing me where I need to navigate to find what I am looking for. I wish that you would still mail the quarterly reports, however.

Original review: May 14, 2019

They have no SMS notification to inform you of fraudulent activity. When I called the dispute hotline concerning 3 or 400 dollars ADP has been completely unhelpful and unresponsive. If by some lucky miracle you do get someone be prepared for holds out this world and no resolution. My true difficulty is that bills are due and who doesn't want to feel their financial institution back and support them the way the customers feed support their paychecks.

Lynell,
I am sorry to hear about the challenges you've experienced. I would be happy to have a member of our pay card team reach out to you to review your transactions, notifications and follow up as needed on your dispute. I'll have someone connect with you later this morning.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have worked with ADP, off and on, since 1981 when I lived in Houston, Texas. My first company code was ZSA. ADP is a good product and has kept up with a myriad of changes/updates over the years. Thanks!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I submitted a rollover request to move my ADP 401K funds to Fidelity. ADP deducted the $55 distribution fee. A short time later distributions were posted and I rolled these funds out as well but was subject to a second $55 distribution fee. Contacted ADP but they will not refund the second fee nor provide a physical address so I can file a complaint with the US Department of Labor. Do not recommend doing business with this company.

Hello Mami,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would be happy to have a team leader review the situation and reach out to you directly. I have most of your information here, however, to do so please private message either the plan number or the last four of your Social Security number using this site.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I closed my office and they had forwarding address and email. They sent the W2 form to the forwarding address but when it came to the bill for W2s, they failed to send the bill to my email or forwarding address. Since the office was closed the email of that office was discontinued. They kept sending the invoice and email to the closed office and finally I received a notice from collection agency for $85. They are very unorganized. They are big and very unorganized. I paid my bill with interest and it didn't go on my credit report. But I thought it was very unprofessional to do that when they had my forwarding address.

Hello,

I would be happy to have a team leader review your account to see how we can help. Please PRIVATE message me your company code or client id so that I can properly identify your account.

Thanks,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2019

My complaint is on the ADP APP. I have provided many days of documentation to my employer about the clock in/out times either being accepted or it goes to the previous minute. How can you clock in at 5 pm and 25 minutes and 20 seconds and as the "thinking process" is being done in about 3 seconds, your time is accepted at 5 pm and 24 minutes! Why does it go backwards??? It should be clocking me in at 5 pm and 25 minutes. Then on your 30 minute break which must be precise, you get the same problem thus showing you took 29 minutes. I clock in watching the seconds to ensure I really am clocking in/out at the specific time needed.

And many times to use the app, I sign in once, the screen needed to continue shows up and I am logged out. THREE times I have had to log in to continue the process to clock in. And many times I get server not found or we are having issues try again. As a truck driver who drives locally, this is a huge problem. I do not like ADP. Too many problems with it.

Hi Rhonda,

Sorry to hear that you're having clock in challenges. I believe there are different rounding options, which ADP makes available to our clients based on employer preference, industry requirements and state and local regulations. I'm not sure if that's coming into play here or if there are other factors.

I'd you'd like to private message us with employer identifying information, I could arrange for someone from your employer's ADP Service Center reach out to ensure the clocks are setup correctly. If you would like to pursue this please provide as much as you can of the following: Legal Company Name (not DBA), FEIN (from your W2), company code (upper left hand corner of pay statement)etc.

Original review: May 13, 2019

ADP has always been a product and service that provides great value to our small business at an affordable price. Customer service and the quality of the product have always been outstanding and reliable as well.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We have been a long time customer and have always had great customer service. If possible please remove us from the marketing list so we do not receive calls regarding insurance. We are an Insurance Agency. If anything is needed from me please let me know. Thank you!

Jo Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our service. I am glad to hear about your positive experience. I'd be happy to pass along that message to our Sales team so they can mark your account accordingly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 11, 2019

I’ve had the ADP card for about 4 years now. I thought it was very convenient until recently. In the beginning of April 2019 my card would decline for no reason (this happened about 6 times in a matter of three days), whenever I called for imformation on the issue all they would tell me was that “there was nothing wrong with the card and I should try the transaction again in 5 minutes”. Then my card got compromised April 28th 2019 and I called to get the issue handled. The customer service representative cancled my old card but never transferred me to the disputes department.

I’ve since called upwards of 6 times to get the issue handled and been put on hold for 30 minutes at the least up to an hour and 40 minutes if not longer. I still haven’t gotten the issue handled, it’s now May 11th. I’m concerned that I’ll never be refunded the money stolen from me. I’m tired of dealing with customer service representatives who don’t seem to know what they’re doing and I’m tired of being put on hold and having nobody pick up the other end. Even when you leave your name and number with someone they never call you back. The service is entirely dissatisfying and as soon as I can get my disputes situated I will be switching to a different company entirely because this is ridiculous.

Amber,
I would be happy to assist. I will ask a member of our pay card team to reach out to you to review your dispute.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I’ve been using ADP payroll services through work for 3 years. I received an alert of an unauthorized charge that I certainly didn’t make. Actually I had just started a 5K I do with my family every year!! I literally finished the race still on hold. I was put on hold a for 1:18:22 the FIRST time. Next thing I hear is call ended. This happened again after being on hold 48 mins. Finally I spoke with someone. Was told that the transaction would be disputed and I had to wait until May 9, 2019. I was told by the lady who was extremely kind by the way that I didn’t have to worry.

I’d get my money back but nothing could be done until May 9. Today is May 9. I called the number I was given and this is where I start to get really upset. She said that she needed to mail me some forms to fill out and mail them back to her. I’m thinking we’ll that's no problem. Then I realize she said it could take up to 45 days to receive MY money. She also said I could see it as early as 3-5 days which we all know it will take 3 days to get forms from them!!

I don’t understand why I’m being penalized for working my ** off to provide for my son. I am a single mom. When I asked why it would take so long I was told it was because there was an investigation since this is fraud. I don’t care if they investigate from now till kingdom come. The fraudulent charge was denied, I reported this incident as quickly as I possibly could (in the middle of a 5K for goodness sake. I under there’s a procedure involved.

What I simply can’t and won’t accept is what seems like equally fraudulent behavior in behalf of ADP. When you have responsibilities and bills due and have been a productive adult and put in a hard days work to earn a honest living only to be told you can’t have your money. It’s so disheartening. I truly have no idea where to go from here. And if this continues I won’t even be able to go to work because I can’t afford the gas.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We have been with ADP for a few years. They process our payroll and they have been able to maintain their pricing for quite a while. They also handle our Workers Compensation Insurance. I would recommend ADP.

ADP Payroll Services response
Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback and we appreciate your business!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2019

Processing on Run is great. But I keep getting emails about NY Sexual Harassment and how it must be in the handbook etc. I have already taken care of the entire thing months ago and I still get sales emails. Very annoying especially when they sound like they have no idea I already have taken care of this.

Ro,
I would be happy to follow up with our Sales team to provide this feedback, and ask that no other such communication be sent to you.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Christine/ADP Client Experience

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have been using ADP for almost 8 year now and there are are many reasons I have stayed with them. The response to entered data is instant, reports are instant, there are multiple options for deductions in the payroll to customize it to fit my business. I am also able to enter data fairly late in the day and still make direct deposits into the employee accounts the next day. I have never had any negative experience with them. They also matched the competition's fees so I have received superior service without paying extra for it. I am a happy customer.

David,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your support, your business & your long partnership with ADP!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Clay County Savings Bank has been with ADP as long as I have worked here, which will be 23 years when I retire in about a year & a half. We have gone through many changes in recording employee's time and I have loved every improvement. We are now using the Web Clock and employees are pretty faithful. The newest feature, for us, is Time Off and that is really popular. We do not use all your products, but I love the ones we do use. I am happy with Customer Service, my questions' answers are easy to understand and are answered the first time. The webinars are very helpful as well.

Sandy,
We are so happy to hear this feedback. Making your job easier is one of the things we strive for in supporting you (and we look forward to continuing to do so as you move towards your upcoming retirement!) We appreciate your support, your business & your LONG partnership with ADP!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

We use ADP Run for our company payroll. We run our business on Quickbooks so after processing payroll we run a GL report which then gets loaded into Quickbooks. With no notice, warning or training, ADP decided to change the GL structure and menu paths. Now when I run payroll and attempt to create the GL files for upload in Quickbooks I get error messages. Went through hold hell trying to get it resolved. They lied to me about hold times and problem resolution. Now I'm waiting on a call back. Who has time for this!?!? I will be switching from ADP. Let this be a warning to others who are thinking of using them. Terrible company and terrible service.

Hello Ken,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing with the GL and QuickBooks. I would be happy to have a team leader review your situation. I have identified your account and will ask someone to reach out to you. Thank you for reaching out.

Regards,

Original review: May 7, 2019

This past Friday May 3, 2019, we had several employees whose funds were not available to them when they should have been. This issue seemed to be site-wide with ADP. We spend nearly 2 hours on hold waiting to speak with someone about the issue. There was no announcement sent acknowledging this issue until hours had past and we had already spoken with a representative 2 hours later who informed us funds would be available in the next few hours and to advise employees to wait and check their accounts at that time. I am currently having issues with employees' funds being available to them still, seems to be associated with this update as well, so far have spent OVER 30 minutes trying to get some information about this while our employees are unable to pay their bills.

Update: I spoke with a representative after 35 minutes of holding only to be told that my employee needed to call Wisely Pay card services (which I started this conversation by telling her the employee has done this). I asked her to verify that she is not seeing errors on this employees account and she essentially informed me that this is not her job to do this and that the employee needs to call Wisely Pay again. She DID check the account and confirm there were no errors after making sure I knew this was not her job. I called the main line for support and selected the options to speak to someone in client card services about this issue.

VERY poor customer service. If I could give fewer than one star then I would. We have had multiple issues with ADP and will be looking for an alternative company to use simply because when issues occur they cannot be bothered to help, even if the issues are with their system. Would not recommend others to use this company unless you do not care to get support for payroll issues.

Hello Ashley,

ADP did experience a technical issue with posting direct deposits for some cardholders. This issue is now resolved and we are addressing any exceptions. We understand the impact issues like this can have on our cardholders and we apologize for any inconvenience.

If you or any of your employees are still experiencing challenges, our Wisely Pay Service Representatives may be reached via phone or if you would like to private message your company identifying information here (ADP co. code and branch or Service Center, FEIN, Legal Company Name etc.) I can arrange for a Leader from our Wisely Pay Service Team to contact you or the authorized payroll contact for your company (if that isn't you).

Again, we do apologize for challenges your employees may have experienced.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Once again, ADP via a telephone call from a person (s) that were not properly identified, ordered a new card, and the ADP representative complied. They (ADP) did NOT ask for a password, that I had previously set up on my account to prevent this from happening. This is the 4th time in less than a year that this has happened. Every time it does, ADP has to cancel my current card, and send a new one. That means countless hours on the computer changing all of my accounts to the new card. At this point, I'm wondering if a lawsuit would be in order. I think it is reasonable that I ask for some type of monetary settlement to make up for all of the time I've spent upgrading all of my accounts, in addition to many sleepless nights worrying about my funds.

Hello Stan,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would be happy to escalate your concerns to a team leader for a deeper review. In order to do this, using this site, please private message your full contact information, what time of card you are currently using, and the last four digits of the card. Once I have this I will be able to have a lead reach out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 6, 2019

I have already written a complaint but based on the situation one voice is never enough. My boyfriend works for a company that uses ADP and the company messed up on his profile that was sent to ADP. They wanted documents to prove who he was. Sent them in and we have been calling for the last 4 days to get the money released and no one seems to know what’s happening - holding his hard earned money hostage and when we call ask for a supervisor we’re put on hold for hours! Who’s running this place? Being a supervisor in the banking industry myself we take customer calls within 2 min of a customer asking for a supervisor, so what’s the issue where they can’t take ours? It’s ridiculous and disgusting how we have been treated and he still can’t access his money! Also one star only because I can’t choose 0!

Hello Ashley,

I'm sorry to hear your boyfriend is having trouble and would be happy to have a team leader review his situation. We will need to speak directly with him, to do so, please private message from this site his full name, contact information, type of pay card he has and the last four digits of the card. Once I have this, I'll be happy to have a team leader contact him directly.

Again, thank you for reaching out.

ADP expert review by Loy Loveless

ADP has served over 610,000 clients with cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) for over 60 years. Its services help businesses of all sizes take on human resources, payroll, talent, tax and benefits administration tasks using technology to simplify processes. ADP tailors its payroll services for small, midsized, large and multinational business solutions.

• Small business solutions: ADP’s small business payroll solutions are made for companies with up to 50 employees and come in three packages: Essential, Enhance and Complete plus HR. Essential payroll lets you run the software online, by phone or using ADP’s mobile app. It features services like direct deposit, payroll delivery, electronic reports, general ledger interface, eTimecard, 1099 and W-2 and tax filing. Enhanced payroll features everything from the Essential package plus HR tips and resources to keep you informed, while the Complete package includes a full range of HR tools.

• Midsized business solutions: ADP’s midsized business payroll solutions are for companies with 50-1,000 employees and comes in three packages with varying features that help you manage things like payroll, tax filing and payroll tax compliance. ADP’s midsized business payroll automation gives your employees mobile access to pay statements, W-2s and self-service tools.

• Large business solutions: ADP’s large business payroll solutions are for businesses with over 1,000 employees. You can integrate payroll with HR, timekeeping and benefits administration tasks, simplify for PTO accrual and take advantage of online reports for better analysis. ADP’s large business payroll solutions minimize the challenges big companies face by simplifying its cloud-based software to make keeping track of every employees payroll and tax information.

• Multinational business solutions: ADP offers two packages for businesses with global workforces to help them manage their payroll. ADP GlobalView is an integrated suite of global HCM services, including talent management and payroll expertise services. The ADP Streamline package is a multinational payroll software that gives businesses access to consistent, multi-country payroll data and minimizes the need for in-country payroll specialists.

• Pricing: Interested companies can request a quote online for each of ADP’s payroll solutions. They offer your first two months for free when you sign up for an account.

• Best for: companies of any size that are looking for a cloud-based payroll software.

Profile picture of Loy Loveless
Loy Loveless Payroll Services Expert

A Certified Payroll Professional since 1993, Loy Loveless has mastered the payroll service industry in a variety of business settings. She has completed the Global Certificate Program with the American Payroll Association and is an active member of the Dallas Chapter APA.

ADP Payroll Services Company Information