Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
4.33/5

Toyota Corolla

The Toyota Corolla is a well-known line of compact and sub-compact cars. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

122 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Updated on 11/27/2018: A few months ago, my 2014 Toyota Corolla needed a NEW TRANSMISSION! WTH, I was shocked. Thank god that Toyota decided to replace it even the warranty just had expired, approximately 6 thousand miles ago. After that I had to replace battery, today I have two lights come on "check engine" and "trac off". I had bought this car because of its reputation, reliability and economical. All of which was true because I owned a 1999 Corolla before and never had any issues like my less than 5 year Corolla is giving me.

I am now doubting Toyota cars, what a disappointment this car has been, did Toyota sell me a "lemon" car? Even the workers at Elk Grove Toyota said that they have not come across such a headache of a car, my 2014 Corolla. It's holiday season, now I have to pay $145 just for diagnostic, not including the issues/repairs once discovered. This is my only vehicle and I am just heartbroken with this Corolla. Lord help me and give me strength to deal new issue.

Original Review: K, Elk Grove Toyota did replace my transmission for free and gave me rental car for no charge (thank god). Otherwise, I would have to come up with $8,000. Still mind boggling, why a 2014 transmission would go out in my Corolla. I owned a 1999 corolla for years with 268,000 miles with no major replacements of any kind. So I am little concerned on the quality these days. Does Toyota need to recall its 2014 Corollas, are there other people who had the same issue as me? I believe because of my transmission going out, I recently had to replace my battery in my car which cost me $150. Maybe unrelated, who knows. I was thinking how do I find out if other 2014 Corolla owners encountered same issue so I decided to write this review, please reach out to me if you had similar problems. Concerned citizen. Thanks.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had previously owned a Corolla for 11 years with no issues. Toyota’s are great. Love this Toyota Corolla iM but the only slight issue I have is trunk space. It’s hatchback with no trunk and not a lot of room which I knew going into the purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have had my Toyota Corolla for a couple of years now and I have not had a single problem with it. It's great on gas and I drive on the interstate a lot and it does great there too. I have always been partial to Toyota, as I used to sell them, so thankful I finally own one!! My car has great features, all electric windows and so forth, built in navigation and Bluetooth so I can talk on the phone handsfree. It's also very roomy even though it's a smaller car. It has a huge trunk and it has all the safety features that define the Toyota brand. It's just right for me. I will drive it until the wheels fall off, literally!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I'm very happy with my Toyota Corolla. I was able to get right away and to get 0% financing. It drives well, great quality and value for the price and looks sporty. Also, I like that it's small but not too small and with better gas mileage and nice gadgets for the price. I like the grey color as well. I wish the trunk and gas openers were in a different spot. Sometimes feel like it's too low to the ground. And sometimes wish it had more power.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My Toyota is a 1995 and only recently have I replaced original parts. I love my car and I like that it has lasted so long and has great gas mileage. My car has almost 200000 miles and is still going strong. It has seats that fold down so I can haul almost anything. There is plenty of room to take my grandkids anywhere they want to go. Even can haul a blow up kayak and life jackets and a picnic lunch, towels and beach blankets. I also love the way this car goes forever with low maintenance. Also car parts, batteries, alternator, and most all other parts are less on this car which is good for me as I am on social security only. However, I would like to have the thing that makes my phone hands free. I would also want the backup screen and the beep that lets me know when obstacles are too close. And maybe a sunroof. I will buy another Toyota when this one dies. Probably a larger one with all the extras.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Corolla?

Original review: June 22, 2018

My Toyota Corolla is just a regular older car but still very reliable. It had a lot of miles on it by the time I got it but yet she still ran like a champ. I had a small child and that car was perfect for our family needs. I would have liked a better sound system but again for the age it was alright. The transmission ended up going out on me on my way to Portland, and that's the only complaint I have. Other than that, loved my car truly and would like another but just newer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had always gone with Chevrolet before but this last time I chose something a little more classier and upscale. The Corolla fits my needs perfectly and was also a dream to drive. It was a beautiful pearl white and had heated leather seats, a sound system with Bose speakers and the car drove as smooth as silk. It oozed class from the front bumper to the end of the trunk and the color was really out of this world. It was 4 years old when I bought it but you would never have known that by looking at it. I liked the fact that it was a Toyota because I had heard several different reviews about that model and they were all excellent. I also liked that it was a one-time owner, garage kept and the mileage when I purchased it was very low, 100,000. I had also researched the model and it had an excellent safety rating. I made an excellent choice and just got very lucky.

This car was driven to an upwards of over 240,000 miles and I never had a bit of trouble with it other than maintenance and upkeep. It was an absolute dream car and was probably the most dependable car I have ever owned. It beats my old Chevrolet Camaro I had when I was in my teens. The Corolla definitely changed my perception about me being a "Chevrolet girl". I am now definitely a Toyota one! I would recommend this car to anyone.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My 2007 Toyota was a second choice mostly due to its small size. However, knowing they are good reliable cars played a part as did the price, but the deciding factor was the gas per Mile. I drive a lot so saving money on gas to have it go further was what made my decision to purchase. I loved that the car is automatic versus standard as I can and had luxury features such as power locks and power windows. I like the security feature of the locked gas cap and the deer alarm. I also like the fact that it has a CD player since music is key to me and I can't always find a song I like on the radio. However, I would like it to have a better radio which I could control from the steering wheel for safety reasons. I would like the feature of an aux cord too. The addition of back up cameras would be a huge benefit as well.

Original review: June 18, 2018

My Corolla is very reliable, gets good gas mileage, feels safe, and usually lasts a long time. The maintenance required is usually low and not costly like an expensive sports car. The car is comfortable too. I had to purchase this car unexpectedly and needed to find something basic that I could afford. I have owned a Toyota Corolla in the past and it was a great car. And the car is in my price range. It fits my needs but would love to have something more sporty. I would want a car that is more fun. I would also like to have some automatic features like automatic windows. I also have a blind spot and this is not safe and makes backing up more difficult.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I got the Corolla used and lasted me for a good 10 years before (age 20 years) and a minor accident made it unfixable. Did virtually no repairs in the 10 years I owned it just regular oil changes and tune ups. It was a base model so in 07 actually had hand crank windows and manual door locks. If I replace with same model (used) I would need all power, air conditioning and radio. Don't really care about anything else but GPS would be nice although I have a limited driving range. Car was given to me in a partial settlement but I always knew I would outgrow its size because I am disabled. The car I had was a much older model (1998). It was small enough to park easily, was great on gas mileage (had something like a 15 gallon gas tank), but the air conditioner had to be at least recharged every couple of years.

Toyota Corolla Company Information