3.2/5 (39 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper

About Toyota Corolla

The Toyota Corolla is a well-known line of compact and sub-compact cars. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Toyota Corolla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Corolla?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Corolla?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I will never buy another Toyota again. This review isn't necessarily a reflection of the dealership, but with Toyota itself. I purchased the 2022 toyota corolla cross in Dec from the Fairfax location. I was very happy with the car until about 5 months later when one of the blue-tooth functions just stopped working. I can use my carplay for music & for the navigation, I can use the bluetooth for receiving & sending text messages & I can use the bluetooth to make calls, however, all of a sudden when I am on the phone & I use the touch screen or the button on the wheel the phone call will not disconnect. I have to go into my phone & turn off the bluetooth for it to disconnect the call. I paired my son's phone & it also does not work. I went to Chantilly location to see about this issue & they tried for 3 hours to update the software.

Even after all that they said it still did not work. I was told from the service dept they would have to put in a ticket w/ toyota for a fix. I called Toyota several times to report this issue. Every time I was told, "We are working on it." I am now told that they can't & will not fix this issue. They said that it has to be a problem with my phone. They want me to uninstall all of my apps, texts & pic to see if that is the issue. Toyota COULD CARE LESS about this problem. I am going to sell this POS & buy another car somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I purchased a 2021 Toyota Corolla, who would have thought to test drive it at night. The driver side headlight while on dim there is a blind spot. Before you sign on the dotted line test drive at night!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I used to love Toyotas. Reasonably priced and very reliable. I bought my first Toyota in 1985. Had several since and never had an issue. Always loved the brand. Fast forward to 2022. Do they still make good cars? No, Toyota doesn't make good cars anymore. Worse, they don't stand behind their product. I bought a 2022 Corolla Hatchback in November 2021 from Bell Road Toyota in Phoenix. The car had 3000 miles because it was returned by the previous owner but sold as new. They said, "Don't worry, you are covered by Toyota warranty for 3 years 36,000 miles."

In June 2022, I notice a pipe hanging down scraping the ground in the right front. Turns out to be the sway bar which broke off on the inside of the bushing. No accidents, no crashes, not hitting anything. Toyota is refusing to honor the warranty. They say the bar couldn't have broken without outside force. No dents in the bar, just poor-quality parts. I called Toyota headquarters to complain. They stand behind the dealer and refuse to fix the car. I will never buy a Toyota again.

Original review: April 11, 2022

My 2006, Corolla, with only 89,000 miles needs a floor gear shift cable... Hasn't been located yet. Bought the car for its "long lasting ability". Sure...until one needs a replacement part! With no other source of transportation, have been waiting 2 weeks for the part to be found...

Original review: July 12, 2020

I am the original owner or 2009 Toyota Corolla, only 66000 miles. Most of time parked in garage. The weather here is not very hot or very cold. However, the clear coat starts peel off here and there, and looks ugly now. I had very old cars from other manufacturers, but have never found this kind of problem. The quality of Toyota cars is declining fast. If you think of Toyota, rethink!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have Corolla, the Touch Screen get hard time to make adjustment and car like 1910 can't run, know is bad car specially CVT Transmission. I have Sienna interior falling apart, rip seat, sunroof rubber, etc.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I've got a 2011 Toyota Corolla, and it keeps running like a dream; this is a car worth its weight in gold. Talk about top quality, the Toyota Company has it, hands down! The gas mileage is fantastic with 43 miles to the gallon on the road. In town, it averages 35. My family and I wouldn't consider changing car brands.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I love my Corolla!! It runs well and has pretty good acceleration even though it's a four cylinder transmission. The last time I drove a four cylinder car was about thirty five years ago and it was scary trying to pick up speed to get on the expressway. My Corolla has very good acceleration for a four cylinder. I got it this past June in Austin Texas. It already had BlueTooth and a CD player in it. It also has the radio controls on the steering wheel so I'm not distracted when driving.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

This car has some design flaws in my opinion. The auto bright lights is too slow to turn off. It turns off when oncoming car is maybe 2 car lengths away. The auto bright light fails to turn off for motorcycles and vehicles with one headlight out. Toyota service says there is no way to fix this. Between seat storage has this storage area that is useless..should hold pens or coins but just does not stay secured so it is useless..things just fly out of it when you open it and lid flops open.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I've owned five Toyota and three were Corollas. I never experienced any problems with any of them. Had a recall on Air bags. Other than regular maintenance which is normal, I'll give my Corolla 100 % satisfaction and will purchase again if necessary.

Toyota Corolla Company Information