4.27/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Corolla

The Toyota Corolla is a well-known line of compact and sub-compact cars. Read more Toyota reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Toyota Corolla Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Collected my new Corolla XSE last Monday after my wife purchased the Corolla Hybrid last July and was really happy. My Corolla XSE came with 157km delivery and I added 50km in the past week. We live in Victoria, BC so for the winter months normally, wet, cold icy road conditions. Last Friday just turning off a newly surfaced highway at no more than 40km I the car slided and jerked...making me very hesitant and nervous about the handling of the car. Having driven my wife Corolla Hybrid over the same road under same conditions her car performed very well and her car is fitted with Yokohama tyres. My Corolla XSE is fitted with Dunlop 5000 Sport tyres which have been described by the dealership parts manager as dry performance tyres. Had I known the Corolla is only useful for 6 months of the year in the dry I would not have purchased the car!!

Why are Toyota selling car into the Canada market with tyres best suited for high performance in the dry..crazy and irresponsible. I making this review and complaint to warn others of the dangers of the Corolla set up in Dunlop 5000 sport tyres. Also, not evident in the test drive perhaps with a different brand of tyre is the incredible road noise from the Dunlop tyres. You have to play the music to enjoy the ride. It's that noisy!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

2014 Toyota Corolla. Transmission failed at less than 80000 miles. Dealership wanted over 10000 dollars to repair more than blue book of car. Effectively making the car worthless at 5 years old. Obviously should have read transmission reviews before buying. It is a known problem with them.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Updated on 11/27/2018: A few months ago, my 2014 Toyota Corolla needed a NEW TRANSMISSION! WTH, I was shocked. Thank god that Toyota decided to replace it even the warranty just had expired, approximately 6 thousand miles ago. After that I had to replace battery, today I have two lights come on "check engine" and "trac off". I had bought this car because of its reputation, reliability and economical. All of which was true because I owned a 1999 Corolla before and never had any issues like my less than 5 year Corolla is giving me.

I am now doubting Toyota cars, what a disappointment this car has been, did Toyota sell me a "lemon" car? Even the workers at Elk Grove Toyota said that they have not come across such a headache of a car, my 2014 Corolla. It's holiday season, now I have to pay $145 just for diagnostic, not including the issues/repairs once discovered. This is my only vehicle and I am just heartbroken with this Corolla. Lord help me and give me strength to deal new issue.

Original Review: K, Elk Grove Toyota did replace my transmission for free and gave me rental car for no charge (thank god). Otherwise, I would have to come up with $8,000. Still mind boggling, why a 2014 transmission would go out in my Corolla. I owned a 1999 corolla for years with 268,000 miles with no major replacements of any kind. So I am little concerned on the quality these days. Does Toyota need to recall its 2014 Corollas, are there other people who had the same issue as me? I believe because of my transmission going out, I recently had to replace my battery in my car which cost me $150. Maybe unrelated, who knows. I was thinking how do I find out if other 2014 Corolla owners encountered same issue so I decided to write this review, please reach out to me if you had similar problems. Concerned citizen. Thanks.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I had previously owned a Corolla for 11 years with no issues. Toyota’s are great. Love this Toyota Corolla iM but the only slight issue I have is trunk space. It’s hatchback with no trunk and not a lot of room which I knew going into the purchase.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have had my Toyota Corolla for a couple of years now and I have not had a single problem with it. It's great on gas and I drive on the interstate a lot and it does great there too. I have always been partial to Toyota, as I used to sell them, so thankful I finally own one!! My car has great features, all electric windows and so forth, built in navigation and Bluetooth so I can talk on the phone handsfree. It's also very roomy even though it's a smaller car. It has a huge trunk and it has all the safety features that define the Toyota brand. It's just right for me. I will drive it until the wheels fall off, literally!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Corolla?

Original review: June 25, 2018

I'm very happy with my Toyota Corolla. I was able to get right away and to get 0% financing. It drives well, great quality and value for the price and looks sporty. Also, I like that it's small but not too small and with better gas mileage and nice gadgets for the price. I like the grey color as well. I wish the trunk and gas openers were in a different spot. Sometimes feel like it's too low to the ground. And sometimes wish it had more power.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My Toyota is a 1995 and only recently have I replaced original parts. I love my car and I like that it has lasted so long and has great gas mileage. My car has almost 200000 miles and is still going strong. It has seats that fold down so I can haul almost anything. There is plenty of room to take my grandkids anywhere they want to go. Even can haul a blow up kayak and life jackets and a picnic lunch, towels and beach blankets. I also love the way this car goes forever with low maintenance. Also car parts, batteries, alternator, and most all other parts are less on this car which is good for me as I am on social security only. However, I would like to have the thing that makes my phone hands free. I would also want the backup screen and the beep that lets me know when obstacles are too close. And maybe a sunroof. I will buy another Toyota when this one dies. Probably a larger one with all the extras.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My Toyota Corolla is just a regular older car but still very reliable. It had a lot of miles on it by the time I got it but yet she still ran like a champ. I had a small child and that car was perfect for our family needs. I would have liked a better sound system but again for the age it was alright. The transmission ended up going out on me on my way to Portland, and that's the only complaint I have. Other than that, loved my car truly and would like another but just newer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had always gone with Chevrolet before but this last time I chose something a little more classier and upscale. The Corolla fits my needs perfectly and was also a dream to drive. It was a beautiful pearl white and had heated leather seats, a sound system with Bose speakers and the car drove as smooth as silk. It oozed class from the front bumper to the end of the trunk and the color was really out of this world. It was 4 years old when I bought it but you would never have known that by looking at it. I liked the fact that it was a Toyota because I had heard several different reviews about that model and they were all excellent. I also liked that it was a one-time owner, garage kept and the mileage when I purchased it was very low, 100,000. I had also researched the model and it had an excellent safety rating. I made an excellent choice and just got very lucky.

This car was driven to an upwards of over 240,000 miles and I never had a bit of trouble with it other than maintenance and upkeep. It was an absolute dream car and was probably the most dependable car I have ever owned. It beats my old Chevrolet Camaro I had when I was in my teens. The Corolla definitely changed my perception about me being a "Chevrolet girl". I am now definitely a Toyota one! I would recommend this car to anyone.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My 2007 Toyota was a second choice mostly due to its small size. However, knowing they are good reliable cars played a part as did the price, but the deciding factor was the gas per Mile. I drive a lot so saving money on gas to have it go further was what made my decision to purchase. I loved that the car is automatic versus standard as I can and had luxury features such as power locks and power windows. I like the security feature of the locked gas cap and the deer alarm. I also like the fact that it has a CD player since music is key to me and I can't always find a song I like on the radio. However, I would like it to have a better radio which I could control from the steering wheel for safety reasons. I would like the feature of an aux cord too. The addition of back up cameras would be a huge benefit as well.

Toyota Corolla Company Information