4.35/5
Based on 106 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

106 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2018

Overall, I have enjoyed the 2016 Toyota Corolla. It has nice features and is designed well aesthetically both inside and out for an economy vehicle. However, last month I was involved in a low speed collision, around 25 mph, hitting another car head on. EVERY airbag in my car deployed, which seemed really unnecessary. I was shocked by the lack of damage to the outside of my car. The damage could have easily been repairable for only a fraction of the value of the car. However, since the airbags went off, the car is now worthless sitting in a junkyard. That seems like a huge design flaw to me. OR, on one hand it makes sense for Toyota... Make the sensors extremely sensitive so that the airbags go off and consumers need to go out and buy a brand new Toyota.

I on the other hand, might avoid buying another Toyota because of this. Why would I want to invest more money into a brand that isn't truly economical and reliable? Complete airbag deployment in such a low speed collision is completely unnecessary. The seatbelt saved me from injuries in this type of collision... NOT THE AIRBAGS. The airbags did nothing except destroy my car and cost me thousands of dollars. What a waste.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I've had this Toyota Corolla for 12 years and it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. The only thing I do is get the maintenance every 2000 miles and new tires and brakes when required. I need to get from point "a" to point "b" and this car has gone above and beyond my expectations. I drive mountains road everyday and this car is up to the task every time. It's all about practicality. I love my Corolla and never want to part with it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Very good value. Great gas mileage. Great paint job. Always shining. Controls easy to use. Overall the Toyota Corolla is worth to be a keeper over the years.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Toyota makes great cars and I am the proud owner of one of them. My 2006 Toyota Corolla still looks and runs like new. It is super dependable. I will always be a Toyota owner.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Love Toyota Corolla S. Great handling, 32 gal highway very fast. Comfortable. Made for short people. I also had a Celica that gave 350,000 miles brand new. Same engine. Great cars. Too bad USA can't make as nice inside and out with quality, long lasting, great mileage and affordable pricing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Corolla?

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought a new Toyota Corolla 2014 to go to work. I used it just on the freeway, no accidents, just normal conditions driving and with 50,000 miles the dealer told me that I have to replace the bushings. I chose them because they have a very reliable cars but how come I have to make a major repair with that small mileage?? And they can't fix it because my warranty is expired already. I contact them via email and just told me that they forward the info to other department and that's it; very disappointing on the car and the customer service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Toyota is the best. My Toyota never had a problem with the engine, never had bumpy ride. And it stayed beautiful. The one negative is the door handles, they break and break. But I see they changed handles on doors now. Also I replaced brakes twice in 10 years. But I loved my car. It was the best car in my life. I wish I started out my life buying Toyotas, it would have been wonderful for me and my girls growing up. No problems... With the car that is. Just keep oil changes and good gas.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Toyotas not only are durable, dependable, but also hold their resale value. I have owned several Toyotas in the past as well as now, and I guarantee that I have never had one leave me stranded and I always got great trade-in value for them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I previously drove General Motors cars, but have driven Toyotas for the past 6 years. The car feels somewhat light, but has a comfortable ride and is quite reliable. I have not experienced any mechanical problems. Although the engine is small, I don't think the gas mileage is really great. Most of my driving is city driving which probably accounts for the gas mileage not seeming great.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

What's important to me is a vehicle that's both reliable and economical. I've had a number of Toyota's over the years, and have always been generally happy with them. I'm sometimes tempted to acquire another make because of price and deals etc., but after researching these models in depth, I realize I'm a Toyota man.

Original review: June 9, 2017

The durability is not any thing to brag about. I received a hefty ding on my left door on the first day so it's no better than any other car I've heard of. Nonetheless, the vehicle performs very well and cruises down the highway extremely smooth. It also holds gas very well and I am able to drive much further than in my old vehicle. It's very beautiful and the sleek body style certainly appeases me. I put details on the sides and vents on the hood to complement the spoiler I placed on the back. It is extremely cheap and much cheaper than any other vehicles I have driven. I was shocked with this price and it certainly made the decision easier.

Original review: June 9, 2017

The Toyota Corolla is a great value and has a lot of power for its size. Whether traveling in the summer or winter this vehicle handles well on the road. Whether on the highway or a country road traveling uphill it effortlessly handles for a comfortable ride. This is a quality built vehicle inside and out and also very attractive. The exteriors smooth lines and slightly sporty look is eye pleasing. The interior is spacious for the car size with comfortable seating front and back. The materials used are quality in the interior as well. The Toyota Corolla is great on gas and the price is obtainable and well worth it.

Original review: June 8, 2017

It was very sturdy and nice. I like how it put up through the harsh weather, especially in the winter. I also like the fact that the wheels spent go out like my last cars. I like how it's fast. My other car was very slow and I hated how its gas ran out fast. With this car I don't have to worry about any of that. I got a red car and I love the color and the inside of the car. It has good wheels and I also love how it made me look rich. I love this car so much and hope you will, too. I got my money's worth and I can't wait to spend more time with it.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I bought this car because it was absolutely adorable! I loved how it looked and how Toyota decided to upgrade it a little bit from the old style. I just wish they would have made it in brighter colors. It definitely wasn't the best car I've ever had, however it wasn't the worst I've ever had. It was very compact but absolutely wonderful on gas. This car was a very nice car for the price! It was surprisingly very cheap compared to other cars and was actually a big part of my decision to buy it! I love to save money and this was definitely the car for it. This car was wonderful one performance! I could fill it up and literally drive for 200 miles at 85 miles an hour. Definitely beats all of the other vehicles I've owned. I would recommend it to someone without children, if at all possible!

Original review: June 6, 2017

The Corolla offered a smooth ride at all times, started dependably, and never faltered in any way. I was always satisfied with my car and its performance. My Toyota Corolla was extremely durable, as I drove it over 175,000 miles before trading it in. It was dependable in all weather conditions we experience in Kentucky, and did not develop any motor train issues. The Corolla is not the sleekest or most fashionable of vehicles on the road, but I was pleased with how classicly simple the car was. I did have minor issues with the paint not holding up well in regards to sun damage. The overall value provided by the Corolla is second to none. It is very fuel-efficient, dependable, and safe. You really cannot beat the value.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Toyota Corolla is a solid, reliable vehicle. Solid construction. Bumpers work very well. Paint stands up to severe weather. Upholstery withstands children and pets. The seats and related movable parts are used frequently and are in good condition. Basic maintenance (oil changes, tires) keeps it running well. It's not a sports car with a blazing acceleration but it starts easily in extreme weather conditions. It gets excellent gas mileage (35+) and the brakes work well in a variety of driving conditions. It's a lively, red four door sedan with room for five friendly adults (four adults if you are traveling any distance). I have the grey velourish fabric interior and it's comfortable when it's hot or cold. The purchase price was very reasonable with excellent financing. The maintenance costs have been minimal and it's easy to find qualified people to fix it. The excellent gas mileage combined with low maintenance costs and durability make this car an excellent value.

Original review: June 4, 2017

It was a very durable vehicle that had premium safety features. It is also a very reliable, efficient and its fuel economy is very impressive. It is well worth the value of the car. It has inferior performance qualities and offers decent driveability and rewarding handling. It does a good job of tuning in a reassuring, almost linear feel during light and moderate acceleration. Another is that it is a nice conservative looking car with a spacious interior. You get a lot of standard equipment for your money and it has plenty of leg room. It does exactly what it's intended to do and that's to be economical. It's a great car for city life and is also perfect if you have children.

Original review: June 3, 2017

The car is very sleek, especially for an economical car. I like the interior It's clean and nice. The car is attractive and very minimal. The price was very cheap, considering how nice it looks and performs. It is definite worth the investment into this car, seeing as it lasts a long time. The car has yet to break down on me or have any major problems that would hinder performance. I have not had to make any major repairs or take it to the shop to get work done. A truly reliable car. I have had this for a few years and have trust that this car will continue to work for my future needs. It has served me well and I do not think I will be trading it in or selling it anytime soon.

Original review: June 2, 2017

The performance is beautiful and gives good light to my Toyota car. My vehicle has saved my life in many ways and I am so happy with it. The durability is absolutely amazing and it has a nice, smooth touch to it. I love it so much and I thanked the car for riding with in a wonderful journey. It is cute, beautiful, amazing, wonderful and delightful. We've been thru so much with the car. Everyone loves its appearance. It drives amazingly and I maintain the car in perfect condition.

Original review: June 2, 2017

This car is a very good value. The cost is good for such a wonderful car. It is worth what you pay. Long lasting, very durable and strong. Can withstand wear and tear and withstand harsh weather conditions. I would definitely recommend on durability. Built tough to endure anything. The performance is excellent. Its gas mileage is great and is not loud at all. I love how smooth it rides and how it drives. Very easy and sleek. The appearance is so appealing. I love the make and design. It is so sleek and stylish. You could not ask for a better-looking car. Keeps my family safe.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Toyota Corolla is a very strong vehicle no matter the weather conditions. This vehicle was a solid performer as whether it was cold or hot, it stayed steady and reliable. And that included traveling the Alcan Highway 4,300 miles to Fairbanks, Alaska. Even in Alaskan weather it performed admirably. We were very pleased with the overall appearance, to include the design of the body which made it look semi-sporty while also giving a feeling of semi-casual too. Moreover, we felt for what we paid the car brought features to bear that met all of our general needs from work to family time. And the upkeeping did not become excessive.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I love my car. This was my first car, my parents chipped in a bit, but the car is in my name and I paid for most of it. I got it when I was 17 and I am now 25 and still have the car- so far it's my first and last. I've had very few issues, and the few I had were my fault for not changing oil on time, forgetting to add antifreeze, etc. but it still runs fine 8 years later. The brakes are good, is decent on gas. Even though I bought it 8 years ago, it's still adorable. I've always liked the style of Japanese cars. The outside is blue, with soft grey interior. It has great value because most of my friends who got cars when I did no longer have the same car because most of them broke down one way or another. This one keeps going and it's great!

Original review: May 31, 2017

The appearance of this car is phenomenal. The exterior is awesome design. I often have people ask what kind of car this is. It is very durable. The performance is awesome! I have to really try to keep from going too fast. The value of this car is well worth the money spent. The gas mileage is awesome and the maintenance is very reasonable. The cost of the upkeep is well worth it. It is also very easy to keep clean. I have told friends and family about this car. If in need of another vehicle, I will definitely upgrade to a newer model.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I really liked the design of the car, it was a great design. I loved both the exterior and interior. It had a sleek feel to it and fit my personal style. It was a good car and easy to drive. It also worked fine in the winter months when we had heavy snow. Never really had to do any work on it which was nice. Never got in a crash with it either. Car looked and ran great. It was a great value and really worth the amount I paid for it.

Original review: May 30, 2017

My Toyota Corolla is a beautiful car and drives so smooth so the value of the car is something I can't complain about! That's why I picked it out! It's very modern and very classy. I'm very happy with it! It is better looking than the other cars of its class. I love the way this car handles. I feel like riding on air when I'm on a road trip! I've never had another car that has such wonderful performance! I've put this car through a lot. Driving it back and forth from Florida to Ohio on a monthly basis for a few years and then daily driving since and it's still in the best shape ever! My Toyota Corolla was worth every single penny I paid for it. It is a very trustworthy and safe car.

Original review: May 30, 2017

This is a great car for anyone. You can depend on Toyota to keep going for a long times and many years. Very low maintenance and it keeps good gas mileage. Reliable, Toyota is the best made car. This car has been used since I bought it in 1992. When I bought my car I only paid 875.00 at the Toyota car dealer. It was a wholesale car with only 12 miles on it. They only used these cars for demo and test drive, I was lucky to get this car. Still have the car. Now almost 400, 000 miles, and still kicking and still has great get up and speed. I actually bought another one as well for the same price which was a stick shift. The only thing that I have noticed with the 1992 Toyota Corolla is the overspray on all these cars is after years of wear and tear they all become oxidized all over.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I paid around 20 thousand for my Corolla and to me that is a great value for a new car and one of this caliber. It is an amazingly durable car. Has tons of safety features that leaves me confident while driving with my children in the car. Has front and side airbag as well as rear seat safety. I feel totally safe. It also has great fuel economy, and is a quiet comfortable ride over bumps or uneven pavement. It is a little slow to accelerate but it holds its own. Additionally, I am very happy with the appearance of the Corolla. It has a beautiful exterior and the interior is awesome. I love the seats and there is plenty of trunk space.

Original review: May 28, 2017

It rides and handles well and rides smoothly on open roads. Easy to park and maneuver and just the right size. Also, appealing and nice style with smooth designs and very modern looking. Easy to take care of. Maintenance free except for usual stuff to take care of it. Maintenance exterior is easy and need just to keep waxed and washed to look good. Also fair on gas mileage. A lotta car for the right price and not too expensive and more than average on the deals getting the right price. Sells great... Keeps its values for years to come.

Original review: May 27, 2017

My car gets me where I need to and it is low on gas as well as it does not give me any mechanical problems. I have had my car for a while now and it seems I fall in love with it all over again every time I get in it. I am very satisfied with my car. I love the color, the way it drives, the mpg that I get when I take a trip along with the many features it offers. Also, the outside and inside is very appealing and the outside appearance shows style. I'd recommend my car to anyone who is looking for a reliable, high performance car. The car is worth its value simply because it gives good mileage, easy to drive, the features are top of the line and the appearance shows class and style so you get what you pay for.

Original review: May 26, 2017

This car never gave me any trouble. Even in the winter it never gave an issue. I had it for 8 years and drive to different states. It was easy driving and never gave any issues from highways to back roads. Could accelerate easily and the brakes were amazing. I loved the car. Mine was black with gray fabric interior. I never liked leather because it got too hot in the summer but I liked my colors. I got a great car for the money. I paid 14,000 at the time for the car. It was great and I couldn't say enough good things about it. I would recommend the Corolla over most any other car.

Toyota Corolla Company Information