Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Must agree with many reviewers who said that they don't like Suzuki customer service support. Customer service support is really nasty, they don't listen to you, they don't care about the problems you have, and they have an excuse to every problem you might have. They do everything to protect their profits, really not good business for the company. I even filed official report with the company about Suzuki dealers and I never received the status of the complaint. Really nasty people, they only care to sell you their garbage and keep your money without giving anything back!

I really like this little truck, is strong excellent 4WD system, but I have been having a problem. I have a 3 door 2.4 liter 2010 Grand Vitara for about 1.5 years. I bought it with 15,000 miles now it has around 25,000 miles. Now everything works fine, but this happens once a day, while driving, trying to overtake another car. I started hearing a rattling sound somewhere in the engine room and then white smoke started coming out the tailpipe. So I changed the oil and everything change, the air filter check, the spark plugs and the plugs were good no water vapor, no oil leaks no coolant leaks, no check engine lights, it idles nicely.

It was scanned too, it only does it on my first acceleration of the day maybe twice, but when I press that pedal, the rattling starts and the smokes comes and it like it loses a little power then picks back up and then the smoke and noise stops, is the only brand and type of car from the ones I owned before that happens. I also tried different gas stations. I don't see any other cars in my city doing that. I am writing here because in my country Peru the service Derco won't give me an answer. Thank you.

My father purchased a brand new 2015 King Quad ATV from Suzuki about 8 months ago at the end of October/beginning of November. It was driven around 75 miles before it was placed in the garage for the winter. It was kept from the elements and well taken care of. When it was taken out of the garage around 2 months ago to use in the warmer weather, it was still in brand new, immaculate condition. Within less than a week of it being used, it was driven a mile from our house to check a hunting trail cam.

It was parked in a clear area as my dad went 20 feet into the woods, four wheeler still in sight. In less than 2 minutes, a fire ignited under the gas tank. My dad ran to try to smother the flames with dirt for several minutes, but was unable to get the flames under control. Obviously, a mile from his home, in a field, he was unable to do anything more. The fire grew until he took cover and the fuel tank exploded. He had to stand by and watch it burn to the ground. Not minor cosmetic damage, not minor motor damage, literally burn to nothing but frame. Thousands of dollars literally up in smoke.

My dad contacted a Suzuki rep. in California at their American headquarters. They treated him like a liar, like his situation didn't matter and like him even contacting them in reference to it was ridiculous. Eventually after he sent pictures to the company, they advised they would send someone to 'investigate'. It took weeks for someone to come to our home. When this person finally arrived, he was rude, passive and very elusive with my dad about what was going on. My dad had no questions answered and ultimately knew, in his gut, that no matter what actually happened, he was going to end up eating thousands of dollars for an ATV he got to drive just over 100 miles. He was correct.

After multiple attempts, unanswered calls, unanswered message, he was finally able to get a hold of this company for resolve in what was going on. Keep in mind, he was WELL within his warranty. He was told that 'it couldn't be proved that what happened was their fault'. Surprise there! I bet it was easy to come to that judgment as the piece of crap had burned to the frame. PLEASE tell me, how an immaculately cared for ATV with just over 100 miles on it can spontaneously burst into flames, explode and eventually end up as nothing but a frame. What if he had been driving on it when it exploded? What if one of my children had been on it with me? What if it had been in the garage and caught our entire garage on fire? I'm sure we would've received the same treatment.

I've done a lot of research on good old Suzuki. They have lists of recalls for FIRE HAZARDOUS issues with ATV'S, motorcycles, cars... you name it. One recall spanned over several years of their King Quad models in reference to a gas tank issue, leading to fires... hmm. What a coincidence! I've read MULTIPLE personal accounts from people who have had to watch their new Suzuki King Quads burn to the ground, same as my father. But it's nothing to do with their crap quality products, right?

I'm sure the pages and pages of complaints against this company and the death traps they put on the road show absolutely nothing about their quality of work. With all that said, I'm completely surprised they no longer sell cars in the USA and why they're filing for bankruptcy! Sense my sarcasm? We are pursuing this wrongful treatment, ignorance of the warranty and will be meeting with an attorney. No one should be treated like this over something they couldn't control.

Bought a brand new 2016 King Quad 400 ASI 4x4, put 20 miles on it and the brakes make a horrible noise because of trash being able to get onto rotors. Makes the vehicle slow down and a possible fire hazard if the brakes get too hot. Cycle City Powersports of Newnan, GA said it is the way the brake rotors are designed and they will not do anything about it. This needs to be recalled and new brake systems need to be put on these vehicles before it causes further damage or harm to anyone.

My parents surprised me with my dream car back in 2012--a white Suzuki Swift. I had been driving it every day to work and to bring my daughter to and from school since then. Some of the issues I have encountered in a span of 4 years are a dead battery, and flat tires. If I'm not mistaken, all four of my tires have already gotten flat and I just had them vulcanized. I noticed that they also quite easily lose air, but I'm not certain if that has something to do with them having been flattened in the past. Another thing is that when I drive through a rough road, the car makes this sort of rattling sound, which leaves me to guess that it has something to do with the shock absorbers. It's just an ugly and unpleasant sound which I wish I don't have to deal with especially when I have other passengers with me. But overall, I'm still happy with my Swift's performance, and I will do what I can to maintain it and make it last long.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suzuki?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Well, I have read about this "Recall" on the input shaft gear on the CVT of my Motorcycle, (Sounds like a Diesel engine @ idle & running.) BUT, no one, Dealers Service Departments, seem to know anything about it. I am a consumer of this product and I feel that if this assembly came apart at 75 mph it could "Lock Up" and be unsafe... could cause an accident. But, I can't even get a hold on anyone in Consumer Affairs, at Suzuki Motors of America, who cares about a consumer, and their Safety Issue. If this is a "Recall", it should be taken care of by a Suzuki, through one of its dealers. I have found an "Updated" Kit avail from Poland, that looks like it was an improvement to the gear with an extended shaft to support the Gear hub.

I have been trying to pass my State Inspection, but my check engine light has been coming back on regardless of what is becoming costly repairs. I had my mechanic call the dealership (Frank Suzuki) Fort Worth Texas, when I online that this is a problem for many owners. They were less than helpful and seem to have no interest in helping to isolate then eliminate the problem. As far as cars go, I was very happy with it, but if I cannot pass my State Inspection, I have a multi-thousand dollar piece of Junk that I worked hard to get for mine and family and friends needs. I just don't know what to do but I need help!!!

2012 SX4 less than 35,000 miles blew up smoke coming from everywhere. Call Suzuki and they told me that the dealer closed down and the nearest one near me was 100 miles away and they would only pay for 35 miles. I ask why am I having to pay, I didn't move your dealer closed down. Then on top of that they said that I was still under warranty but I have to prove that I did nothing wrong and then they would fix my car. I have owned 2 cars made by them one from 2002 and now this 2012 and I have never had any problems till now. I hate to see how they really treat their customers. All my friends that went to buy their cars will soon be trading them in after this matter. I hope that I never have to deal with these people again.

My boyfriend and I bought a 2012 Suzuki SX4 LE back in June and life was good up until about a week ago. Without any warning lights or sensors coming on the engine seized and smoke started billowing out. Mechanic says the engine is shot due to water pump failure but the car has only 45,000 miles on. Of course our warranty is expired and Suzuki refuses to stand by their product. Will not be buying from Suzuki again.

I discovered two days ago that there were a puddle of water in the rear of my vehicle under the mat at the rear door of my SUV. But no water leaking anywhere else in my my truck. The answer that I got from customer service was the warranty has run out. But this a defect issue because water should not be leaking into your vehicle if it is not a sunroof. I really not a happy customer.

Yes sirs, my dad passed and I had the opportunity to buy the 2005 Suzuki Forenza from the finance co... The vehicle had 8,500 miles at that time. After owning it for 2 to 3 years, the emissions system has failed, not allowing me to register it. I am attempting to iron out the problems with difficulty and of course, the 5 year or 50,000 mile warranty has expired. I have no idea how much money it would take to fix it to be on the road legally. I have had insurance since I was 16... Please, what the heck can I do?

While driving around corner, transmission range sensor failed. These cars need recalled or a class action lawsuit should be filed. People's life are at risk when they failed. I went off the road because of a safety issue in the 2006 Forenza. Sad to think it was built in America. Why is Suzuki not being held responsible?

I have had my 2000 Suzuki Vitara for 10 years and now it keeps cutting off while I'm diving. I have taken to the mechanic several times and still same thing - he does not know. When it runs, it runs well - no other real issues. Does anyone have any solutions besides buying another car?

2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury - My only issue with Suzuki is since they declared bankruptcy, I cannot find OEM parts. I perform all of my own repairs and prefer to use OEM components. Suzuki promised to keep parts in stock - but I didn't trust them and bought about $1200.00 in extra parts. Just recently I installed their 55200-65J23 front brake pads from the spares I had in stock. Then, I tried to find another pair to put back into my stock - I cannot find any Genuine Suzuki Parts. So, I think they lied when they said they would stock parts for several more years. Other than that, I have had a perfect vehicle.

I absolutely love my Suzuki Kizashi but I've had issues with the paint peeling off my car which is very annoying. I take care of my car and to see it chipping off makes me mad. I took my car in for a second time as the front bumper is now peeling and to hear the service man say "well it's chipping because of rocks dinging the bumper". Uh whatever.

I have a SUZUKI Grand Vitara 2010 with 29,000 miles on it. The car run good up to now but I do heard a noise at the front end. Any one around this world has this kind a problem. Tell me please, I do 75% of my maintenance got me crazy. Looks like a something loose or bad shock maybe.

I was looking at buying a car a Suzuki Swift from Motorpoint at Derby, found a nice Suzuki Swift in red 2013 model looked ok. Gave it a test drive. First off, it felt like the gear stick was going to come out of the gear box but it was enough for me to say no. Are all Suzuki cars like that? Shame. My wife liked it.

Bought a 2013 kizashi gts and it has been a nightmare. It will not stay aligned and ate a set of tires at 10,000 miles. They put new tires but still will not stay aligned. Stayed at dealer for almost two months waiting on suzuki rep. When a guy was able to meet with us he said with them being bankrupt nothing could be done. He told us nothing wrong and wished he could do something to make it better. After getting car home we looked under car and they had put new parts under it and raised it up!!!! They lied flat out!!!!! 13,500 miles on car and still has an alignment issue. Tires have 3500 miles and wear already showing. Now engine makes a moaning noise and has smelled of antifreeze since we got it!!! Went to try and trade and left just sick. The value has plummeted so much it is not worth much and we owe lots more!!!!! We got taken advantage of not having internet and not knowing about the real deal with suzuki. Will probably have to let car be repossessed and it just stinks. We do not feel a csr jumping all over road is safe for our children to be in.

I bought a new car sx4, newly launched model in Feb 2013, sx4 DDSI DUAL TURBO ENGINE. I bought it on 16 April and the very next day there was an abnormal sound from the shockers of car!! No showroom or mechanic in HIMACHAL PRADESH was able to find the fault. Finally the car was taken to Delhi by me and got the repairs done! After another 25 days it's turbo malfunctioned while on a journey from Dharamshala to Chandigarh!! No road side assistance provided! Even the mechanic was asking more money to just come and check car on scene! The car was towed and left at Maruti service center in Chandigarh! All towing expense were paid by me! As said by the service center the car was rectified and new turbo charger was installed in warranty! The car ran good for another month and finally the engine got seized while driving! Same story repeats, no assistance and towing charges borne by me. But this time in Noida Maruti service center assured that the car will be returned in a week but they took 25 days to find the fault and repair!

I was doing some job related courses at that time in Noida and my course were finished but the car was still under repairs! I went back home and filed a case in consumer court in August end! It is almost a year now but no positive results!! My lawyer is saying that the case is in last stage and will finish next month! Consumer court has ordered to appoint a surveyor/automobile engineer who will inspect the car and report about its present condition! But at the moment I am not able to find any reputed surveyor who has a good background history that he cannot be bribed! I have put a lot of my money in this car and the case. But every month I get the same news that Maruti is not replying for any queries!! Any suggestions will matter!! Plz.

I purchased a 2008 SX4 new. I had good luck with it, no problems except brakes only would last 25-30K miles. Everything was good until my car was broadsided and the air bags did not deploy. This contributed to very severe whiplash. They have had numerous air bag problems, but I never received a recall notice. Would not recommend Suzuki.

My 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara was yesterday diagnosed with a cracked head in the engine. Like others' experience on this forum, there was no warning. The vehicle is on 111,000 km and was regularly serviced. There was a smell and a bit of black smelly steam coming from under the bonnet. I had it checked out immediately by the breakdown service mechanic and it was misdiagnosed as a problem in the water system.

Later that day, a mechanic phoned with the bad news. We live in the country and have no other means of transport and are most disappointed. It seems from reading about all the other cracked engines that it must be a manufacturing fault. People need to know and Suzuki should provide compensation rather than deny. This leaves consumers out of pocket as insurance companies will not cover these faults. We were going to upgrade to a newer Suzuki Grand Vitara but with this news and now knowing it is not an uncommon complaint, I will be leaving Suzuki off the shopping list.

Ssuzuki Vitara - Engine block cracked at 125000 km. How can this happen?

Suzuki won't do anything about it. Seems to me this is a manufacturing problem.

After 4 yrs of owning my Grand Vitara from new, I am on my third set of tires. Had to replace headlight bulbs, which I have learnt are quite common early wear and tear issues. But the most devastating is without any warning, lights or indications besides a slight burning smell. My poor little engine with only 70000 kms on it is finished!! With a major crack in the engine block, I am without a car. The mechanic advises a whole new motor and of course the warranty has conveniently expired.

I did opt for an extended warranty which states expiration in 2015. However, I have never been able to use Suzuki for servicing as there was no service to get me home again or to work for the day, whilst they had my vehicle. So it has had all log book services with a local mechanic, thus technically voiding this extended warranty. I am hoping to gather evidence of other circumstances where this has happened so I have information when I walk into Suzuki to speak with a manager. I’m absolutely heartbroken, and the service from Suzuki so far has been disgusting. I cannot get the car to a service center, so they wipe their hands of me?? If anyone else has had this engine block crack issue, please let me know.

2010 Kizashi - The car is never to lock when the engine is running without the key in the car, but in January 2014, my car was running and I got out to brush the snow off and the doors locked behind me. The fob wouldn't open the doors and the emergency key would not work. I return to the dealership and they cleaned the cables and the locks and radio worked fine. But the problem has returned and the dealer has to remove the door and dash to find the real problem to keep it from happening again.

I'm Ibrahim from Saudi Arabia. I had Suzuki Swift model 2006. The car is pretty good and it's strong and I got a new car for Suzuki but now I changed my opinion of Suzuki in Saudi Arabia because my own car is out of service and some parts I can't find it in Saudi Arabia, like the buckler of the switch and I went to buy it but the company told me your order will be reached after 1 month. I hope to improve your company in Saudi Arabia and accept customer.

We are in our late 50's, first time ever purchasing a foreign made car and a new one at that. Trusted the salesman "Uncle Dave" after previously purchasing three other vehicles from him. During the test drive, I mentioned that there seemed to be a lot of road noise in the back. So he turns the radio up! This car was supposed to get 38 mpg. I do get 29, but that is still ways from 38. Uncle Dave never mentioned that Suzuki was pulling out of the US market. Surely no one knew that, not even the dealers.

We recently thought about trading for something bigger but after trying to make a deal with another dealership, they would only give us less than half for the car with only 24,000 miles on it. Now my paint is flaking off the car and wheels. Took it in two weeks ago to have it looked at and I had to call them back to find out what the "verdict" was. Was told that they thought they received word back that they couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything about it. It was suggested that I call Suzuki customer service. I've got a little over 30,000 on the car now and the warranty only goes to 36,000. Yeah, so I'm stuck with this car. Sad thing about it is that my husband traded his mint Harley Davidson Ultra-Glide in on it.

Took delivery of auto, brand new off showroom floor in July 2012. Never advised company in bankruptcy and that servicing and/or repairing would be non-existent. Once I learned of pending doom, I took auto back to dealer in hopes of trading for another brand but was only offered 50% of purchase price of Suzuki. This was their top of the line vehicle. I cannot find their new service centers nor able to repair vehicle in a reasonable amount of time. An example of this crap was when I was rear ended. A highly recommended repair center took (31) thirty-one days to fix the car. Reasons given were that parts could not be found. Finally, any and all collection activity comes via phone from the Philippines, as they are no longer in the United States. Please help if you can. I have no intentions to pay for a car I cannot service nor repair that is presently under a warranty. What the heck happens when that's gone as well.

We purchased a new 2008 Suzuki SX-4 Hatchback in fall of 2008. The car was maintained with regular oil changes approximately every 5,000 miles although I failed to keep documentation. The engine suffered a failure of the connecting rod bearings in August 2013 at 81,000 miles, with no indication of low oil levels. Suzuki refused to honor the powertrain warranty and the resultant repair is estimated to cost $5,650. The replacement engine will only have a 2-year/19,000 mile warranty. Online postings indicate that this engine is prone to connecting rod bearing failures at low mileages. Perhaps this is why Suzuki America is in bankruptcy.

Access 125 - Battery failed in just 13 months & forced to replace. I purchased a Suzuki Access 125 in June 2012 from Shiv Autoriders (P) Ltd., Pune and did the servicing as per given schedule. After second day of the 7th servicing (paid), it is not getting self-started. So, I handed it over to the above vendor. Now, they called me saying the battery is not working and you need to buy a new battery at Rs. 1350/-. The main thing here is that the battery was working before giving the bike for servicing. Secondly, if they have checked the battery during servicing and claimed that it was in good condition, how is it possible that it will get damaged in one day automatically? And that too is in just 13 months. Request you to please help me resolve the issue. Thank you.

Suzuki Company Profile