3.59/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Suzuki

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Suzuki Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

On September 13, 2004 at 10 am my Grand Vitara had a "mechanical error" causing "the steering to lock towards the right". My car then drove me off Hwy 80, going airborne, and rolling 4 times. It took the Jaws Of Life 45 min to get me out and I was presumed dead. I fell into a coma 15 days. My entire face and skull were completely shattered and glass cut into my arms, went into my face and entire head (pretty sure it's all out now). I lost my ability to walk, talk, see, speak, hear and was thrown into a life of constant trauma, struggle and pain. Suzuki will apparently not cope to their mistakes. After years of wondering why, working my ** off to get any sort of real life back, it has come to my realization that I need to blow them out of the water. I can't get the last 14 years back, I'll always be damaged, but they need to be held responsible.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a small SUV with enough power to get out of the way of traffic so the 6 cylinder is great. I have had no issues with this vehicle and I have owned it for over 3 years. It is comfortable on long trips, good on gas in town and on the open road. I like that it is 4x4, it is a SUV so I have plenty of space. It also has more room inside than it looks like and it handles really good.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Suzuki Swift is practical little car. Being an automatic it's great in traffic and easy to park. It has a spacious interior but this comes at the expense of a small boot. However, you can fold the rear seat forward if you have no passengers there and load your shopping if need be!

Original review: April 14, 2018

My family has a Campion 542 Explorer and he put a 150 on it and all you hear when you drive is the drive shaft whining. It’s like a bravo 3 on a 5.0mpi at 3200 rpm except like 10 time louder. Please fix this on your next motors Suzuki because they're trash.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

So we have a 2009 Suzuki SX4. It has 140 miles. When we bought our car we were so excited to use it since it did great with snow and hills, and our environment all snow and hills. When newly bought it had about 60k miles on it but for a great price, $3500 to be exact. Everything looked great under the hood and it sounded great. But after two months our engine blew on the highway. A tick, tick, tick and then boom, then smoke under the hood. Took it to mechanic and they said the engine had a hole. Mechanic told us the car looks great other than engine, so we decided to buy the engine to replace it. Spent $1300 on new engine and $800 for them to install it. After that we thought never again any more engine problems.

After about a year and a few months, my husband turned on his car as usual and to his surprise his car was making a knocking sound. Gratefully it was a Friday, so he went to work and back with that knocking sound, taking it to mechanic next day early morning. He drove it 5 minutes away to mechanic and thankfully again car made it there and back home. But guess what the problem was? Engine trouble once again! Mechanic said since this was our second engine trouble he really thinks the engine has a defect. I was just now researching and many people have the same car engine issue and all say don't buy cars below the 2010 year for this brand and model because the bad engines many people have been having. Something about the engine has bad bearings so it's a defect in the engine that Suzuki doesn't care to recall since they don't make any more cars and they don't care about their consumers.

Not sure who to go to for my woes with this car and wish it didn't have bad engine defects so we could continue using it. We also recently put in a new differential and it was running great, till just a week ago the clanking in my engine started occurring. After putting in lots of money in the car I feel like Suzuki owes me money for my engine troubles. If I would have known this model had a bad engine defect I would have never bought it. Letting people know cause it's not fair that people don't know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suzuki?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I bought a used 2008 Suzuki XL7 with approximately 132000 miles on it. I drove it for approximately a year and put just over 3k miles on it. The oil life gauge said it had 25% life left when it started to idle rough. I took it to a local mechanic, assuming it was the timing chains, it turned out to be a rusted camshaft. I attempted to get the BBB to help, they didn't help AT ALL, but the used auto dealer offers to replace the motor for only $600 plus the cost of the used motor. Why would they do it for $600 when it requires 14 or more hours to replace the motor? Now I am stuck with a parking lot paperweight.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Suzuki Auto customer service is non existent. Fuel pump went on a Saturday 145 miles from an authorized Suzuki repair shop. During the first three phone calls they would not even verify my Vin number. Kept saying it was an incorrect number. On the fourth phone call they say take the old fuel pump to the Suzuki dealer and a copy of the invoice and other documents then MAYBE we will consider reimbursement. Never purchase a Suzuki vehicle, they suck! I will never purchase anything Suzuki.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Dealing with this company is like getting your eye gouged out!!! Absolutely the worst company ever!!! I have been waiting over 2 months for fix or reply. Not one word from Suzuki!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY or you will be stuck like the rest of us!!!

Original review: May 20, 2017

Bought the Suzuki Df6AL motor new in 5/16. Took it out and got about 10 hrs of the break-in - completed. Took it to the river to complete the break-in and it would not start. Took it to Power source marine. Took several weeks as the Suzuki rep would not return their calls. They said I needed a new engine. The rep finally got back and agreed to replace the cylinder head only. His take was that I backed the boat down the ramp too fast. This took 2 more weeks. Picked up the engine and tried it again and ran about 20 minutes although it seemed very weak, stopped to fish a few minutes. Decided to move to another spot and had trouble pulling the cord as it would just stop after coming out about a foot, no amount of effort could get it to turn and I was afraid the rope would break.

I let the cord back in and tried again. It started to turn over then the motor backfired, pulled the rope out of my hand and the handle hit me in the side. As I was a few miles from the ramp I tried again with the same result. I started only pulling out the cord about a foot and it finally caught. Then took it back to my dealer. It has been there another month trying to get Suzuki to return their calls. A year and not one good day on the water.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

We bought our 16 yr. old daughter her 1st vehicle a 2006 Suzuki Reno July 2016 from Luxury motors in Oregon. Within 3 months the driver's seatbelt wasn't working, will not latch and the airbags light is always on. I thought there might be a recall on one or the other and looked on internet and there were 4 of them and these 2 were included. I made a service call for inspection but they would not honor the recall! 3 days ago both low beam headlights went out at the same time and dashboard light out too, it was dark so put on high beams. This also happened to be one of their recalls and it's a traffic hazard waiting to happen, called them yesterday and they won't honor this one either and in the meantime my light while driving go on and off periodically. What can we do? Please help. This should not have to come from our pocket!

Suzuki Company Information