Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.55/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

139 Suzuki Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I needed a new car in 2008, so I visited a Suzuki dealership to see what was offered. They had several 2007 Reno Luxury units and I selected one for $14,500.

Brand new, with only 35 miles. So far, so good. Then the paint peeled off the door handles. Next, the transmission range switch required replacing. Next, the interior trim started deteriorating. The sunroof ceased sliding open. When washing the car, my young daughter barely leaned on the hood and caused a dent. Flimsy! Next, half of the sound system illumination went out. The tires that came with the car, Kumho, had to be replaced 10,000-15,000 miles due to bulges on the sidewalls. The cigarette lighter fuse went out constantly. Gas mileage was just 22MPG and engine performance was such that one would not take the chance of passing; better to stay in the right-most lane.

When I was in an encounter that resulted in my car being deemed a total loss, the air bags did not deploy. Thankfully my daughters were not in the car at the time of impact. In summary, read all the information at hand prior to making a decision - internet and other sources. Hopefully you will have a far better experience than I had!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I bought a Suzuki car, second hand, it was just a nightmare. Went to the dealers today, asked for a wheel stud. They said, that is a car made in Japan. I was thrown off balance for a minute, pointed to the cars in the showroom, & said, "where do you think they were made?" She said they come from Manila, PH. Just burnt out, this was at a Suzuki dealer. And they don't know where to buy a wheel stud. Yeah right, burnt out.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Must agree with many reviewers who said that they don't like Suzuki customer service support. Customer service support is really nasty, they don't listen to you, they don't care about the problems you have, and they have an excuse to every problem you might have. They do everything to protect their profits, really not good business for the company. I even filed official report with the company about Suzuki dealers and I never received the status of the complaint. Really nasty people, they only care to sell you their garbage and keep your money without giving anything back!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I really like this little truck, is strong excellent 4WD system, but I have been having a problem. I have a 3 door 2.4 liter 2010 Grand Vitara for about 1.5 years. I bought it with 15,000 miles now it has around 25,000 miles. Now everything works fine, but this happens once a day, while driving, trying to overtake another car. I started hearing a rattling sound somewhere in the engine room and then white smoke started coming out the tailpipe. So I changed the oil and everything change, the air filter check, the spark plugs and the plugs were good no water vapor, no oil leaks no coolant leaks, no check engine lights, it idles nicely.

It was scanned too, it only does it on my first acceleration of the day maybe twice, but when I press that pedal, the rattling starts and the smokes comes and it like it loses a little power then picks back up and then the smoke and noise stops, is the only brand and type of car from the ones I owned before that happens. I also tried different gas stations. I don't see any other cars in my city doing that. I am writing here because in my country Peru the service Derco won't give me an answer. Thank you.

Original review: June 10, 2016

My father purchased a brand new 2015 King Quad ATV from Suzuki about 8 months ago at the end of October/beginning of November. It was driven around 75 miles before it was placed in the garage for the winter. It was kept from the elements and well taken care of. When it was taken out of the garage around 2 months ago to use in the warmer weather, it was still in brand new, immaculate condition. Within less than a week of it being used, it was driven a mile from our house to check a hunting trail cam.

It was parked in a clear area as my dad went 20 feet into the woods, four wheeler still in sight. In less than 2 minutes, a fire ignited under the gas tank. My dad ran to try to smother the flames with dirt for several minutes, but was unable to get the flames under control. Obviously, a mile from his home, in a field, he was unable to do anything more. The fire grew until he took cover and the fuel tank exploded. He had to stand by and watch it burn to the ground. Not minor cosmetic damage, not minor motor damage, literally burn to nothing but frame. Thousands of dollars literally up in smoke.

My dad contacted a Suzuki rep. in California at their American headquarters. They treated him like a liar, like his situation didn't matter and like him even contacting them in reference to it was ridiculous. Eventually after he sent pictures to the company, they advised they would send someone to 'investigate'. It took weeks for someone to come to our home. When this person finally arrived, he was rude, passive and very elusive with my dad about what was going on. My dad had no questions answered and ultimately knew, in his gut, that no matter what actually happened, he was going to end up eating thousands of dollars for an ATV he got to drive just over 100 miles. He was correct.

After multiple attempts, unanswered calls, unanswered message, he was finally able to get a hold of this company for resolve in what was going on. Keep in mind, he was WELL within his warranty. He was told that 'it couldn't be proved that what happened was their fault'. Surprise there! I bet it was easy to come to that judgment as the piece of crap had burned to the frame. PLEASE tell me, how an immaculately cared for ATV with just over 100 miles on it can spontaneously burst into flames, explode and eventually end up as nothing but a frame. What if he had been driving on it when it exploded? What if one of my children had been on it with me? What if it had been in the garage and caught our entire garage on fire? I'm sure we would've received the same treatment.

I've done a lot of research on good old Suzuki. They have lists of recalls for FIRE HAZARDOUS issues with ATV'S, motorcycles, cars... you name it. One recall spanned over several years of their King Quad models in reference to a gas tank issue, leading to fires... hmm. What a coincidence! I've read MULTIPLE personal accounts from people who have had to watch their new Suzuki King Quads burn to the ground, same as my father. But it's nothing to do with their crap quality products, right?

I'm sure the pages and pages of complaints against this company and the death traps they put on the road show absolutely nothing about their quality of work. With all that said, I'm completely surprised they no longer sell cars in the USA and why they're filing for bankruptcy! Sense my sarcasm? We are pursuing this wrongful treatment, ignorance of the warranty and will be meeting with an attorney. No one should be treated like this over something they couldn't control.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suzuki?

Original review: April 25, 2016

Bought a brand new 2016 King Quad 400 ASI 4x4, put 20 miles on it and the brakes make a horrible noise because of trash being able to get onto rotors. Makes the vehicle slow down and a possible fire hazard if the brakes get too hot. Cycle City Powersports of Newnan, GA said it is the way the brake rotors are designed and they will not do anything about it. This needs to be recalled and new brake systems need to be put on these vehicles before it causes further damage or harm to anyone.

Original review: April 23, 2016

My parents surprised me with my dream car back in 2012--a white Suzuki Swift. I had been driving it every day to work and to bring my daughter to and from school since then. Some of the issues I have encountered in a span of 4 years are a dead battery, and flat tires. If I'm not mistaken, all four of my tires have already gotten flat and I just had them vulcanized. I noticed that they also quite easily lose air, but I'm not certain if that has something to do with them having been flattened in the past. Another thing is that when I drive through a rough road, the car makes this sort of rattling sound, which leaves me to guess that it has something to do with the shock absorbers. It's just an ugly and unpleasant sound which I wish I don't have to deal with especially when I have other passengers with me. But overall, I'm still happy with my Swift's performance, and I will do what I can to maintain it and make it last long.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

Well, I have read about this "Recall" on the input shaft gear on the CVT of my Motorcycle, (Sounds like a Diesel engine @ idle & running.) BUT, no one, Dealers Service Departments, seem to know anything about it. I am a consumer of this product and I feel that if this assembly came apart at 75 mph it could "Lock Up" and be unsafe... could cause an accident. But, I can't even get a hold on anyone in Consumer Affairs, at Suzuki Motors of America, who cares about a consumer, and their Safety Issue. If this is a "Recall", it should be taken care of by a Suzuki, through one of its dealers. I have found an "Updated" Kit avail from Poland, that looks like it was an improvement to the gear with an extended shaft to support the Gear hub.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have been trying to pass my State Inspection, but my check engine light has been coming back on regardless of what is becoming costly repairs. I had my mechanic call the dealership (Frank Suzuki) Fort Worth Texas, when I online that this is a problem for many owners. They were less than helpful and seem to have no interest in helping to isolate then eliminate the problem. As far as cars go, I was very happy with it, but if I cannot pass my State Inspection, I have a multi-thousand dollar piece of Junk that I worked hard to get for mine and family and friends needs. I just don't know what to do but I need help!!!

Original review: June 17, 2015

2012 SX4 less than 35,000 miles blew up smoke coming from everywhere. Call Suzuki and they told me that the dealer closed down and the nearest one near me was 100 miles away and they would only pay for 35 miles. I ask why am I having to pay, I didn't move your dealer closed down. Then on top of that they said that I was still under warranty but I have to prove that I did nothing wrong and then they would fix my car. I have owned 2 cars made by them one from 2002 and now this 2012 and I have never had any problems till now. I hate to see how they really treat their customers. All my friends that went to buy their cars will soon be trading them in after this matter. I hope that I never have to deal with these people again.

Suzuki Company Information