Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.46/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

139 Suzuki Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

I bought a new car sx4, newly launched model in Feb 2013, sx4 DDSI DUAL TURBO ENGINE. I bought it on 16 April and the very next day there was an abnormal sound from the shockers of car!! No showroom or mechanic in HIMACHAL PRADESH was able to find the fault. Finally the car was taken to Delhi by me and got the repairs done! After another 25 days it's turbo malfunctioned while on a journey from Dharamshala to Chandigarh!! No road side assistance provided! Even the mechanic was asking more money to just come and check car on scene! The car was towed and left at Maruti service center in Chandigarh! All towing expense were paid by me! As said by the service center the car was rectified and new turbo charger was installed in warranty! The car ran good for another month and finally the engine got seized while driving! Same story repeats, no assistance and towing charges borne by me. But this time in Noida Maruti service center assured that the car will be returned in a week but they took 25 days to find the fault and repair!

I was doing some job related courses at that time in Noida and my course were finished but the car was still under repairs! I went back home and filed a case in consumer court in August end! It is almost a year now but no positive results!! My lawyer is saying that the case is in last stage and will finish next month! Consumer court has ordered to appoint a surveyor/automobile engineer who will inspect the car and report about its present condition! But at the moment I am not able to find any reputed surveyor who has a good background history that he cannot be bribed! I have put a lot of my money in this car and the case. But every month I get the same news that Maruti is not replying for any queries!! Any suggestions will matter!! Plz.

Original review: July 2, 2014

I purchased a 2008 SX4 new. I had good luck with it, no problems except brakes only would last 25-30K miles. Everything was good until my car was broadsided and the air bags did not deploy. This contributed to very severe whiplash. They have had numerous air bag problems, but I never received a recall notice. Would not recommend Suzuki.

Original review: May 30, 2014

My 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara was yesterday diagnosed with a cracked head in the engine. Like others' experience on this forum, there was no warning. The vehicle is on 111,000 km and was regularly serviced. There was a smell and a bit of black smelly steam coming from under the bonnet. I had it checked out immediately by the breakdown service mechanic and it was misdiagnosed as a problem in the water system.

Later that day, a mechanic phoned with the bad news. We live in the country and have no other means of transport and are most disappointed. It seems from reading about all the other cracked engines that it must be a manufacturing fault. People need to know and Suzuki should provide compensation rather than deny. This leaves consumers out of pocket as insurance companies will not cover these faults. We were going to upgrade to a newer Suzuki Grand Vitara but with this news and now knowing it is not an uncommon complaint, I will be leaving Suzuki off the shopping list.

Original review: May 21, 2014

Ssuzuki Vitara - Engine block cracked at 125000 km. How can this happen?

Original review: March 13, 2014

Suzuki won't do anything about it. Seems to me this is a manufacturing problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suzuki?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2014

After 4 yrs of owning my Grand Vitara from new, I am on my third set of tires. Had to replace headlight bulbs, which I have learnt are quite common early wear and tear issues. But the most devastating is without any warning, lights or indications besides a slight burning smell. My poor little engine with only 70000 kms on it is finished!! With a major crack in the engine block, I am without a car. The mechanic advises a whole new motor and of course the warranty has conveniently expired.

I did opt for an extended warranty which states expiration in 2015. However, I have never been able to use Suzuki for servicing as there was no service to get me home again or to work for the day, whilst they had my vehicle. So it has had all log book services with a local mechanic, thus technically voiding this extended warranty. I am hoping to gather evidence of other circumstances where this has happened so I have information when I walk into Suzuki to speak with a manager. I’m absolutely heartbroken, and the service from Suzuki so far has been disgusting. I cannot get the car to a service center, so they wipe their hands of me?? If anyone else has had this engine block crack issue, please let me know.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2014

2010 Kizashi - The car is never to lock when the engine is running without the key in the car, but in January 2014, my car was running and I got out to brush the snow off and the doors locked behind me. The fob wouldn't open the doors and the emergency key would not work. I return to the dealership and they cleaned the cables and the locks and radio worked fine. But the problem has returned and the dealer has to remove the door and dash to find the real problem to keep it from happening again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2013

I'm Ibrahim from Saudi Arabia. I had Suzuki Swift model 2006. The car is pretty good and it's strong and I got a new car for Suzuki but now I changed my opinion of Suzuki in Saudi Arabia because my own car is out of service and some parts I can't find it in Saudi Arabia, like the buckler of the switch and I went to buy it but the company told me your order will be reached after 1 month. I hope to improve your company in Saudi Arabia and accept customer.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2013

We are in our late 50's, first time ever purchasing a foreign made car and a new one at that. Trusted the salesman "Uncle Dave" after previously purchasing three other vehicles from him. During the test drive, I mentioned that there seemed to be a lot of road noise in the back. So he turns the radio up! This car was supposed to get 38 mpg. I do get 29, but that is still ways from 38. Uncle Dave never mentioned that Suzuki was pulling out of the US market. Surely no one knew that, not even the dealers.

We recently thought about trading for something bigger but after trying to make a deal with another dealership, they would only give us less than half for the car with only 24,000 miles on it. Now my paint is flaking off the car and wheels. Took it in two weeks ago to have it looked at and I had to call them back to find out what the "verdict" was. Was told that they thought they received word back that they couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything about it. It was suggested that I call Suzuki customer service. I've got a little over 30,000 on the car now and the warranty only goes to 36,000. Yeah, so I'm stuck with this car. Sad thing about it is that my husband traded his mint Harley Davidson Ultra-Glide in on it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2013

Took delivery of auto, brand new off showroom floor in July 2012. Never advised company in bankruptcy and that servicing and/or repairing would be non-existent. Once I learned of pending doom, I took auto back to dealer in hopes of trading for another brand but was only offered 50% of purchase price of Suzuki. This was their top of the line vehicle. I cannot find their new service centers nor able to repair vehicle in a reasonable amount of time. An example of this crap was when I was rear ended. A highly recommended repair center took (31) thirty-one days to fix the car. Reasons given were that parts could not be found. Finally, any and all collection activity comes via phone from the Philippines, as they are no longer in the United States. Please help if you can. I have no intentions to pay for a car I cannot service nor repair that is presently under a warranty. What the heck happens when that's gone as well.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

We purchased a new 2008 Suzuki SX-4 Hatchback in fall of 2008. The car was maintained with regular oil changes approximately every 5,000 miles although I failed to keep documentation. The engine suffered a failure of the connecting rod bearings in August 2013 at 81,000 miles, with no indication of low oil levels. Suzuki refused to honor the powertrain warranty and the resultant repair is estimated to cost $5,650. The replacement engine will only have a 2-year/19,000 mile warranty. Online postings indicate that this engine is prone to connecting rod bearing failures at low mileages. Perhaps this is why Suzuki America is in bankruptcy.

Original review: July 31, 2013

Access 125 - Battery failed in just 13 months & forced to replace. I purchased a Suzuki Access 125 in June 2012 from Shiv Autoriders (P) Ltd., Pune and did the servicing as per given schedule. After second day of the 7th servicing (paid), it is not getting self-started. So, I handed it over to the above vendor. Now, they called me saying the battery is not working and you need to buy a new battery at Rs. 1350/-. The main thing here is that the battery was working before giving the bike for servicing. Secondly, if they have checked the battery during servicing and claimed that it was in good condition, how is it possible that it will get damaged in one day automatically? And that too is in just 13 months. Request you to please help me resolve the issue. Thank you.

Original review: July 31, 2013

I have sent my wife's Suzuki Grand Vitara for a meter fault about 2 weeks ago, that takes a week to rectify the problem. My town that is 250 KM away from Kuala Lumpur but it took a week to send the parts, that also they sent a wrong model part. Today I was told again they need a few weeks to get a new one from Japan. Can someone tell me how to get this settled faster as I am losing my patience? I have no confidence in Suzuki service.

Original review: March 24, 2013

At 70,000 km of normal driving and maintenance, the timing chain decided to go on my XL.7. This is not a part that is inexpensive or easy to get to, so the estimate is several thousand dollars of parts and labor. This has still not been fixed... There is a back order situation with the timing chain, in the neighborhood of three weeks. A car rental may have to be added to the overall cost.

It seems odd to me that a part that should not have any issues not only needs replacement, but there are clearly many many people waiting for the same part. This is my fifth Suzuki, and I have maintained it like all the others. This all points to a substandard part. I cannot get a satisfactory answer from Suzuki - just getting a form of runaround that does not help at all.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2013

First off, I would like to say I am pleased with the car (2011 Kizashi) overall, but I did not have this car a week when I noticed that the rims on the vehicle started showing black spots on them. After further inspection of the rims, I noticed it was the finish coming off. I reported this to the dealer where I bought the car, only for them to tell me that I had to take the car to another dealership because they did not do repairs or service at their dealership. I set up an appointment with this other dealership and let them take pictures of the rims. They told me that they could not make a decision on what to do and that the manufacturing company, Suzuki, had to make the final call on it and they would get back to me in 2 to 3 days.

After waiting for over a week, I called them back myself, only to find out that no one was going to fix or replace my faulty rims, but if I wanted to pay half, then they would pay half. No way! I should not have to pay a dime for a factory default. I have pictures of the car the day I bought it and pictures of the car after less than a week when I noticed the discoloration and chipping. Now here it is 3 months later, and one rim is almost totally black while the others have black patches all over them. I'm afraid to even wash the car thinking that it will make it even worse. Why should I have to pay half the cost of new rims on a brand new vehicle when it is obviously the manufacturer's neglect? You can see bubbles and wet spots in the finish of the rims and that is exactly where the finish is coming off.

I am not very pleased at all, and both the dealer where I bought the car from and the so-called service department from the other dealer outfit just keep sending me back and forth, both of them telling me they aren't responsible and can't do anything. I will be filing papers with the Attorney General's office on Monday morning.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2012

This is the worst car experience I have ever had. Unfortunately, it was my first car purchase at 19. The dealership was so sleazy it would have sold me the car without a co-signer. The Suzuki dealership in Tucson, AZ gave me a raw deal on my trade in. I traded in a perfectly used Honda for a new 2008 Suzuki. They didn't bother elaborating about the loan process, telling me I would have to pay for the Honda plus the Suzuki. The Suzuki was only $10,000 but with new car, it was $20,000. Needless to say, the dealership left after about a year. This Suzuki is not worth $20,000. Not to mention, I am a student who works part-time. The best they could do for me was refinance after I begged for two years. Before the refinance, I was $379/mo. Now I'm paying $288/mo. It helps but then hard times hit. My wages were cut and I had to cut my hours for school so I fell behind four months. Even after paying $11,000 off, they want to repossess my car for $800. Are you kidding me?

Then the customer service guy was smug and do not at all understand telling me, "Well, it sounds like you can't afford your car, ma'am," as if that's all there is to it even after I've invested $2,000 for repairs for the car. Like some customers, I've had transmission issues which weren’t covered under the power train warranty because the defective was wear-n-tear. It cost me $500 and two months later, I had the same issue. This car is a nightmare and Suzuki is no help whatsoever. I would never recommend this company to anyone who needs a car. It's more trouble than it's worth. They take your money without remorse and say, "Oh well." What's even more disheartening is that even if they repossess the car, they will still make me pay for it. I need help and I need to keep my car. Someone please help me. I'm blasting this all over Facebook and Twitter so people will think twice before falling victim to Suzuki.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2012

I have had my Kizashi for 10 months. The car has been in the shop 8 out of 10 months with various issues - transmission, oil leaking, suspension, and alignment issues. The Kizashi is a really good car; the issue is bad service and incompetent mechanics. I have spent a lot of money out of my own pocket even while the car is under warranty. I would take the car to the dealer, and each time, they would tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. When I drive away, the issue has been resolved temporarily. I have taken my car to Suzuki a little over a dozen times, and each time, I am told they are unable to find an issue. It’s clear what the issues are, and still, they will look at you face to face and say there is no issue. The car only gets worse and never fixed. They don’t mind you coming in, but they intend to never replace parts and wait for the warranty to run out before they admit to issues because then it’s on you to pay.

The issues with my car were all pretty minor. The problem is I would have to take it back over and over and to different dealers before the car is fixed. They do not have a good one-visit resolution. I feel foolish that I left Nissan after all these years to go to a company as bad as this one. I have contacted Suzuki Japan - no response. I often call Suzuki Corp in Berea Cali, and they are no help at all. I have been dealing with a regional rep each time, and his job is to make sure nothing is paid for. His word is the final call. As of today, my suspension is very poor and noticeable leaning on the driver’s side. They will not fix it. Suzuki failed in America, and I am sure stories like this are the reason why. No need to say don’t buy Suzuki. They filed for Chapter 11 and no longer selling cars in America.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2012

I have a Suzuki Reno since 2006. I took it to the dealership because the motor makes a wear noise, but since the noise comes and goes (it doesn't happen all the time) they won't inspect the car. So I guess until an accident does happen, they won't do customer service. Do not buy Suzuki. The lack of customer service is horrible. Long live to Toyota!

Original review: July 22, 2012

The 2007 Forenza Wagon was bought new in 2008. The dealership constantly mentioned the 100,000-mile drive train warranty, but they never mentioned to me the 36,000-mile warranty. I did not see this on the display info on the window. I also never received any info from the manufacturer or dealer about any recalls and there have been several. This car was always garage-kept and there is rust starting on the roof! The paint is of low quality looks like crap. I am angry about that as well. While going home from the store the other evening, the engine light came on with no warning and the gear display light had a square with an angle line through it and was flashing. I immediately pulled over onto a side street that was a slight hill. It also had lost all power, shifting into gears and producing loud banging.

Upon having it towed and analysis done, it’s about the code for the transmission sensor and two other very expensive sensors. Naturally, those are not covered by warranty. Had I known this, I’d never had bought this car. What kind of warranty doesn’t cover select parts of a transmission? This warranty is useless. There is also oil leaking from the valve cover already. Now, the part they fixed worked for 200 feet and then it lost reverse and it was driven back on the rack. I’m sick to my stomach. The car isn’t even paid for yet and I paid too much for it to begin with. This car is a piece of crap and GM put their name all over it along with Daewoo. I won’t be buying anymore foreign cars and these warranties that these auto companies are offering are pathetic. They need to lower the price by half if they are going to build junk. I’d like to drive this car through Suzuki’s showroom window.

Original review: July 13, 2012

My car is a Forenza Station Wagon 2006. In 2008, the dealer replaced my transmission. Now 4 years later, I need another one. I contacted the corporate office and they said they couldn't do anything for me. So, I am posting this on Facebook. There is no way a car should need 2 transmissions in 6 years. I will also contact six news with this.

Original review: June 7, 2012

2008 Firenza still has 100,000 drive train warranty - I bought a car for my daughter, she took it to Hawaii. Once there, the transmission started having problems so she took it to the only Suzuki dealer on the island. They said they would not honor the warranty because Suzuki would not let them have any 2008 models? What kind of garbage is this? Don't they have to honor warranty? Who are these criminals? Something needs to be done about this. My daughter can barely afford to live there, let alone pay for a new transmission. Please help.

Original review: May 24, 2012

I'm putting in this complaint, so that anyone who reads it will avoid buying a Suzuki now or in the future.

I bought an SX 4 with about 100,000km on it. I've not enjoyed the car for a single day. From shock absorber issues to auto-emission control system problem, the car never seems to run smoothly. Finally, I took it to the Suzuki dealership in Nigeria. After charging a fee of about $2,000 and keeping the car for more than a week, they've still not been able to resolve the problems I'm experiencing. Apart from the fact that they have horrible customer service, they seem not to have any of the necessary parts to fix the vehicle. I've decided to sell the vehicle in the next few weeks. For your own sake, avoid Suzukis! Go for known brands like Toyota or Honda. At least, the parts of these brands are readily available and they are friendlier at their service centers.

Original review: April 7, 2012

Power Steering failure: I am writing this in hopes that no one else gets taken advantage of by Milford Chrysler/Suzuki in PA. I purchased a vehicle from these people about 8 months ago. It was a 2007 SX7 Suzuki. After having it for a couple of weeks, I noticed some minor issues with it. The tail light was cracked, the strut for the lift gate in the back was missing, and I also noticed that it made a noise when turning. I brought these to the attention of the dealer and we scheduled an appointment where he fixed all the minor issues for no charge. That is what you would expect since you just bought the car (all except the noise while turning). This noise they said was made by the power steering unit. Then, they wrote down on their invoice something that is a little strange. They said that the power steering pump was, and I quote, "Operating as designed at this time." These statements seemed a little off to me since no car manufacturer "designs" an item to make noise as far as I know, but since Milford Suzuki of PA are the subject matter experts on cars. I believed them.

6 months later, the same part that was "operating as designed at this time" was no longer operating as designed - unless, of course, as designed meant almost causing an accident due to power steering failure. I took the Suzuki SX7 back to Milford Suzuki of PA and told them that the power steering had failed. They took the car into the shop and found an internal fault in the power steering pump. I would have expected that since they found an internal fault, they could repair it and that would be it. No such luck.

Milford Suzuki of PA recommended I change the power steering pump, the rack and flush the system. All told, total cost would be $1547. When I asked them about the fact that I had brought the car back to them right after purchasing it at Milford Suzuki of PA for a noise in the very unit that was now broken, I was told that was a different noise. To which I laughed and said of course it was. I asked them if they were going to repair it since even now it was only 6 months from when I bought it and there really is documentation that states the pump was making a noise from Milford Suzuki of PA. They said no way.

I then called Suzuki’s customer relations in CA and explained what had happened. They in turn called the dealership. Suzuki customer relations told me Suzuki will not extend the warranty and that this part was not under warranty even when I bought it. They recommended I talk to Milford Suzuki of PA about what to do about this. I then find about by looking up Suzuki SX7 steering problems online that there are at least 40 other people with the same issue (power steering failure). It appears that there is a problem with the power steering in Suzukis that the corporation should know about since it can cause life threatening complications while driving. Neither Suzuki nor the Milford dealership has done anything to help me besides saying to give them $1500 to repair the car I bought from them 6 months ago for $16000. One would think that this issue would have been addressed by Suzuki, but nope. I warn everyone thinking about buying a Suzuki to read this and at least do research on the vehicle you’re buying. I highly recommend you do not go to Milford Chrysler/Suzuki and buy anything.

Original review: March 21, 2012

I bought a Suzuki sx4 in 2008. I regularly doing the service of the car each 5,000 km and over the past years, I only found the filter of the A/C one time. Imagine, three years getting a filter. Same case happened for the brakes. I was unable to find the Suzuki parts. Instead, they are using the Nissan spare parts as they are the same but there a continuous noise coming out of the brakes all these years. Result is that I rarely had the time to enjoy a smooth quiet vehicle.

Finally in February the 28th, I had an accident and I need a spare part. As usual, this is not available and for over three weeks now. Nobody is following up and nobody cares about a customer.

Original review: March 19, 2012

The headlights on my 2006 Grand Vitara constantly burn out. I have had the vehicle for almost two years and have had the front headlights replace five times. I took it back to the dealer the second time they burned out and they said they resolved the problems. Now they say it’s unfortunate that my vehicle lights does burn out often. It is dangerous to drive at night. You don't know when the lights are going to burn out on you. The lights have been costly.

Original review: March 5, 2012

I bought my vehicle less than one year ago, which is still under warranty. I took the vehicle in for a noise on the right front passenger, "grinding" all the time. It is now my third time at the dealership, requesting it to be fixed. The company has had me replace everything possible underneath in which has not been covered under warranty. The vehicle is still not fixed and they cannot tell me the problem but also feel and hear the noise.

I am upset that my time off is limited without having a vehicle to get around for my errands on the days I do have because my car is sitting in the shop. I am contacting the news and putting a front page ad in the paper regarding this company if this does not get fixed. If they do not have the staff that knows how to fix the problem, then they should send it off and replace me with a spare car until they get it fixed. They are probably not going to be happy with me once I'm finish with them, but I spent too much money and expect results from them also.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2012

Grand Vitra - I bought 60,000 mile tires and have had two of them replaced under 20,000. Now, they are all balled. My passenger airbag light is on and supposedly, they fixed it which I paid $120. It still is on. My headlights come on and go off at random. I have left messages several times with no return call. I'm getting very angry, please help me. Oh, and I bought this car there also.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2012

While driving my car down a city street at 30-40 mph on a clear sunny day, airbags on both sides deployed. I pulled over, and there's not a scratch anywhere on outside of my vehicle. I contacted Suzuki and Travelers immediately on the same day. Insurance estimate came in at $6200. Suzuki dragged their feet in getting an engineer to look at (little under one month).

In the meantime, I researched airbag incidents for Suzuki online and found numerous incidents, all of which Suzuki claimed sensors said accident or rollover imminent. I could have told them that the sensors have to have a calculation error built in or be slight off on computations since they tell the airbags to deploy incorrectly.

Suzuki not only had horrible Customer Service hours but also horrible service in general. Resulting response is "We will not pay your insurance company back or reimburse you on your $1000.00 deductible and $222.00 rental." As a result, they in less than one month, destroyed 2.5 years in which they had been winning me over as a frequent buyer. Instead, I will never purchase another Suzuki and will warn everyone I know to stay away from doing business with this company. Everyone who has had the same experience, I hope will do the same. Vote with your voice and your bank account.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

This is about the failure of pressure sensor on front right passenger seat. It’s intermittent. PASS air bag disconnects when adult is sitting in seat.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

I just bought my car. For 2 months, I found that a leaking of water on the driver place. For the 1st time, I take it for service. But after the service, I still found the same thing happen. Then, I still go for the second time, but the service didn’t make a thing well. I’m angry with the person in-charge, who did not take responsible with it. I hope Suzuki will take action on it.

Suzuki Company Information