1.26/5
Based on 57 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

63 Speedway SuperAmerica Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

My grandson activated rewards card. Suppose to have a lot of points. BUT every time we stop...card does not work. Order is incorrect. Pizza with one topping for 5. No pepperoni as we asked. So I tried to log in...impossible. Verify not a robot a hundred times. Not working...so tried calling several times and ALWAYS says customer service rep is busy. Scam is what it looks like to me.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Cashier that gets into customers conversations. She talks about people to other customers. Also comes from behind her window while she's waiting on customers to argue with the customers and also threatens some of them. I've been going to this place of business for several years and she is the most rudest person I've meet. She has also said things out of the way to me and has told me if she didn't need her job she would fight me, while the other cashier was telling her she needed to get back to her job and stop making threats to me... Lots of witnesses that were on my side because they seen I did nothing wrong. She also told me she didn't LIKE MY TYPE!!! I didn't understand that one... She does several people like this.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I visited the store located on Sprague Street Winston-Salem NC on March 5 2018 around 4:30 pm. On the property there are 2 signs for gas. One had the price per gallon at 2.31.9. One at 2.28.9. The pump price listed and the one you have to pay was 2.45.9. When I questioned the clerk she said she didn't know who was responsible for posting the gas prices.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

For the past 5 months when attempting to purchase gasoline at the Speedway station located in Flint Township (Corinna/Elms Road) the pump card processors repeatedly read out of service. When I inquire with store personnel I am told it is because the weather is too cold. There is constantly a line inside the store and most of the time only one teller is working. This problem has been going on long enough that it should be addressed. Either corporate isn't aware of the issues or they don't care to fix it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Speedway Gas Station 10th & Girlschool Rd Indianapolis IN - Cashier's name, Jackie... very defensive & argumentative. COMPLAINT… Store was filthy, cold Columbian Coffee, dirty coffee pots, grounds in coffee. Cappuccino machine was GROSS… pointed it out to her. She never thanked me or came from behind the counter. No Customers in line or in the store at that time. She became very defensive & said that they had just cleaned it LAST WEEK!!!

I advised her that it should be cleaned several times a day & that the Board of Health would shut that store down. She appeared as if she didn't Care. Said BOH had just been in & that the store passed. Told her only a blind person MIGHT have passed them. She suggested that I go to another Speedway. Told her maybe I should go to another Merchant. Told her that she shouldn't argue with me, as I'm the Customer. Please note that I've been a valued customer for Years & promote this company's gas & coffee. I've never seen Crud hanging off of the grill over the heavily polluted drip pan or old liquid that had caramelized. This store needs to be SHUT DOWN by the Board of Health and/or needs a New MANAGER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speedway SuperAmerica?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Use to go our local Speedway all the time for 79 cent drinks (no tax). I went today and now it’s 89 cents which didn’t have a problem with at first but the tax Ends up bringing total to 97 cents. Which before you weren’t charging tax. Won’t really be going there as much anymore since this change. The advertising should say 97 cents not 89, since before there was no tax for 79 cents. Kinda disappointed. Really hate when businesses do this kind of stuff.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I drive a truck for a living and decided to pull off at the advertised net SuperAmerica along I-90 in South Dakota. The first thing you notice about the SuperAmerica is the poor appearance of the property. As you walk into the convenience store the clerk conveniently ignores you. I walked around the store which look obviously dirty and cluttered. I decided to get a cup of coffee and leave but when I poured out some coffee it turned out to be cold because they use giant thermoses rather than actual heated pots. When I mentioned it to the clerk she just gave me a stupid look and never once spoke to me upon entry or when I mentioned the cold coffee. Therefore I won't be buying any fuel because I'm not going to stop at this SuperAmerica again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

The reason for this review is because for two days in a row the same area has been in the same condition. And when I advised the clerk he stated that it's not his problem, as well as very rude attitude. All the doors open it was basically an accident waiting to happen.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Let's start by saying I live next door to a new Speedway (3 yrs old). I was assured by 2 corporate fools that they would always keep their trees trimmed. For almost a year... A damn year I've been trying to get in touch with someone who can trim the damn trees from your Lake Ronkonkoma store. They are banging on my house, have dislodged rain gutters and are now banging on my windows. I have received emails from Meghan at Speedway customer service saying "very shortly" someone will be in touch... I'm getting tired of this crap and very soon I will cut trees down and place them in front of your stores entrance... Then maybe someone will look into this... I've asked Meghan several times for a direct contact and she has not provided it yet. This is just wrong... When this store was open I was promised this would be cared for.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had to call customer service to have our rewards points transferred to a new card. The rep was not only very rude but it was clear she wasn't very happy about helping us. Also didn't seem to be very competent. She asked for a birth date and when we gave it to her she told us that didn't match their records and said we gave her a false date. Kept telling us our phone number didn't match either and sounded like we were trying to commit fraud or something over some reward points that amounted to probably $20. At one point very rudely told me to quit telling my wife what to say. We can't believe this lady is in customer service and Speedway should be very concerned about the image she is creating for the company. I think we will just cash in the rewards points we have and buy our gas from someone else in the future.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Speedway Reward Card and Points Redemption: While attempting to redeem 1000 pts on Saturday, July 01, 2017, at 12:25p, the Kiosk didn't print the receipt and the points were lost. Store attendant said dial 1-800 number on back of card immediate for resolution. 10 minutes later I dialed the number but the office was close for the holidays. What gives??? Store # 6963

Original review: June 12, 2017

I neglected to realize I was running low on gas, and happened to actually run out completely when I was at the entrance of the Speedway Gas station on Rt. 46 in Lodi, NJ. I was 20 feet from the closest gas tank. I asked him to please put enough gas in a gas can just enough to get me to the gas pump where I was planning on filling up my own tank (usually takes $60 worth). He told me first I had to purchase a gas can for $15.00 from them. Horrible. They claim they care about their customers and community. Really?? Looks more like greed to me. So I purchased the tank as I had no choice, but drove to the next gas station up the road to fill up my tank. I will never give them any business again.

Original review: April 25, 2017

The Euclid store 230 Richmond ROAD and Euclid ave 222nd and especially Cleveland 185th. The employees and stores are disgraceful. Employees are always unprofessional and stores at all listed above NEVER have hot food items available. The attitudes of most employees are nasty and unprofessional. They NEVER give receipts unless you ask and then they have an attitude about it. Soda and slush machines are always down. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I WILL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER ONE. This has been going on for a long time. It's the norm. And everybody I know feels the same. You need to really hire people that want to work and understand customer service. Very disappointed and fed up with these stores.

Original review: April 17, 2017

We were business owners for many years and I would be ashamed to open my doors if it looked like this Speedway station did. Very busy, inside & out. Things piled in aisles, coffees empty, dirty counters with garbage on counters, ice out of order signs, both bathroom sides with out of order signs on also. Only good thing was polite cashier.

Original review: March 10, 2017

So, at store #6930 in Winston Salem, NC., their trashcans all of them are private use for Speedway only I was informed by a very mean employee. This store has a multi-bay car-wash with it and behind that they have 2 large dumpers one for trash and one for cardboard. I have used the cardboard one around 6 or 7 times for very large boxes that the recycling crew will not pick up. This would be over a 5 year period.

Today after dumping a box, as I was pulling away, 2 employees who were working in one of the car-wash bays were looking at me as I was pulling. One employee a lady was standing here with her hands on her hips and giving me a death stare. I stopped, rolled down my window and asked if there was a problem. This is what the lady told me, "Our trashcan are private! I see you people all the time dumping stuff and using them! You are not allowed to use them! They are for us only!" I asked if she would like me to remove the box. She huffed and said, "No! It's too late now!" then stomped off.

I pulled back and proceeded to go dumpster driving for my box. The gentleman approached me and asked me to stop. I said that I would not because I was not aware of the rules and certainly did not want to break them. I could tell he was very upset and embarrassed. To be honest I felt sorry for him. Oh, I purchased $31.77 of gas while I was there.

Now I made a mental note as I was leaving. Behind the store against the building they do have a sign posted by some trashcans that state they are for Speedway use only. Other than that nothing! This store is very convenient for me to get gas and as a member of their rewards program I can get a few cents off my gas purchase and other things. I will no longer use this or and other Speedway for anything. I have never been spoken to so rudely by an employee of a store where I bought something from them. Just beware that you can not clean out the inside of your car, if you chose to wash it there or any other trashcan. They are private property of Speedway.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Wasting my time not knowing how to do her job - I stop to buy fuel for truck trailer and def had to make 5 trips inside to get stuff authorized. Had to pay for it twice then managers got smart and started cussing and I let it fly then she wasted my time for 1 hour cause she charged the lady behind me for my fuel I just paid for. I spent over $510 dollars here tonight and Valerie is the manager's name. If I owned this store she would be fired right now. Just want to know who is going to pay me for wasting my time.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I tried using my credit card to pump gas and was unable to do so. I received a message to see the clerk. I used another credit card and received the same message. I had no choice than to go inside and see the clerk. She said that she was getting an error message even though I couldn't understand why as I always use my card. I told her that's fine, I will prepay for $20. I started to pump my gas and it stopped at $15.55. It would not allow me to continue. I again went inside to speak to the clerk who rudely told me that she decided to stop me from pumping gas as I was on the phone and it is illegal to pump gas while on the phone. I looked at her in disbelief as I had set then clicked on the pump and had walked away to be on the phone. I didn't argue with the phone as I was running late to work. I will never return to this gas station.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

On Feb 21 2017. I witnessed something I should've never have. I went to store 6556 in Clearwater Fl. All I wanted to do is buy a candy bar. Standing in line a customer came back in saying he can't get no gas out. Before even looking to see what was the matter employee started to be very rude. The customer started swearing. The cashier started swearing. I may say in front of little kids and several other people. And this went on for more than 30 minutes. No one was checking anyone out. The cashier named Mario threatened the customer that he doesn't fight. He shoots. He repeatedly said that. The customer did threatened to kick his butt. All this because Mario wouldn't listen to the customer.

It was a easy fix. I called 5 times to corporate office and requested a phone call from the district manager. This employee was being racist, made threats and corporate doesn't seem to care. When I called the 800 was told my claim has been closed. Without no contact. As a loyal customer I ripped up my Speedway rewards card up. Not dealing with a place that don't care about the customers. Or even hear them out. Grant it the customer was wrong for starting it, but the cashier should've just left it be. Take care of the issue and deal with it later. Avoid shopping here. In general I won't.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I don't live or have I been to Fla in many years. I just recently found $700.00 on my credit card which had a credit limit of $400.00 which most of it was used. My new total said I owed $1,078.12 and most of the gas purchases were done at Speedway. I have never been to a Speedway in my life. I don't live anywhere near a Speedway. So I would love to know how Speedway even allowed this to happen. I mean seriously something is really wrong here on all levels.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I have been shopping at this store only due to closeness to my home. I have NEVER seen such a poorly managed store in my life!!! Shelves are not stocked, inexperienced clerks, many of them rude due to stress of being "left to the wolves" from lack of training (?), very long lines due to not enough clerks!! This store has a system of "form one line", but many times I've seen customers butt in line, then tempers flare & bad or mean words fly from the mouths of the customers who were butted in front of, but yet the management fails to post a sign to form one line!?

One of these days someone is going to get hurt (if it hasn't happened already?!)!! Oh honey, I have so many more complaints to inform someone about but I'm tired!! I'll be back!! I guarantee it!! It seems every time my partner or myself goes there, we come home mad over the bad experience & mad at ourselves because we went there!! I know, we're crazy for thinking, maybe this time it will be ok!? I said I was tired, didn't I?! See how upset I/we get!? I'm done! FOR NOW! I need to calm myself for bed.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I went into the Speedway on Orchard blvd in Whitehall, PA 18052 to get three packs of cigarettes. The price on the cigarettes were clearly marked $6.73 a pack and I gave her a 10 dollar scratch off to help pay for this. She said that my total was $16.94 meaning that before she took the winning ticket off, three packs of cigarettes cost me $26.94. Now tell me how 3 packs of cigarettes that are marked came out to be almost $30.00?

I argued with the clerk, the manager that was there, along with another person who was just hanging out there. They all jumped me saying that everything was correct and that this was the right price... They would not let me get a refund on them so I told them that I would never go back to any Speedway and get anything from them again. That I could go to WaWa and get the cigarettes for a heck of a lot cheaper. They sort of laughed at me and go, "No you can't." So I will tell everyone about this and I will never ever step foot into another one of their stores.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I seldom stop at Speedway but yesterday my husband had a doctor's appointment and we had to drive to Columbia, TN for the appointment. On the way my low gas light came on so I stopped at Highway 99 station and used my debit card to purchase gas. We were running late so I only pumped 10.00 in gas and went on to the doctor's appointment. After the appointment we went to purchase medications for my husband and my card was declined. Knowing I saved enough money in my account to take care of that I signed on to my bank account to check my balance and found I was charged $125.00 for $10.03 in gas.

Made a trip back to Speedway and talked to cashier who was clueless and said that could not happen. She called out manager who was rude and blamed it on my bank. I told him I worked for that bank 27 years and they run debit transactions for amount they receive from the business. They do not make up amounts and take them from their customers. Then he explained that Speedways everywhere have a policy that adds $100.00 if you use your credit card to pay for gas at pump. Well when I went to school many years ago $10.03 plus their $100.00 was not $125.00. He said when bank processes the transaction the $125.00 will fall off and the $10.03 will post. There are no signs at pumps that indicate you will be charged excessively for using your card and here I am 2 days later still waiting for the $125.00 to fall off my account. This is an unfair practice to steal from consumers.

My son looked up some information about this policy and found it is allowed but when happens has to be removed from account within 2 hours and amount is to be no more than $100.00 That is quite a bit less than 2 days that I have waited. Good news is that it will not ever happen to me again because I will never shop at a Speedway again even if I run out of gas trying to make it to a station!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I frequently stop in at # 7950. Tonight I came in with my 18 yr son (he was making a purchase as well.) I Sat down my items on the counter the cashier says "I need to see id's." I replied "you need an ID as I am making this purchase." She replies "I thought he is with you." I reply "he's with me and I'm making my OWN purchase." This was uncalled for to imply I was buying the beer or cigarettes for my son. I'm 42 well over the ID age ok!! But this store has the rudest ** women (except for April) I've encountered. Recently the cashier name Tater was so ugly and didn't want to wait on me as I only asked for a pack of cigarettes. Then another cashier Freeshia is always so distracted talking to other employees she never gets your purchase correct. And I know this review will go nowhere but I don't understand how Speedway can allow their employees to be so rude, racist, dysfunctional...

My store is literally not even a mile but I will drive across town to the hasty Mart to get friendly customer service. This sorry store don't ask to scan your reward card much less give you a receipt. And don't let them get a phone call & a line of customers waiting because they stop your transaction to answer the phone & act like you're not there. I don't know who owns Speedway in Snowhill NC on Kingold Blvd... but maybe you can send some undercover to check out this store better yet take a look at your camera footage.

I read other reviews in other states in general it's all the same complaint "rude employees." This company does not enforce friendly customer service they must, don't give a damn about the customers who bring money to your pot!!! I am not going to be treated like this nor will my son. I have worked a public job now 22 yrs. I got customer service down pat. And if I ever do go to that awful store I bet Freeshia will not holler & throw her mouth at me in front of all the customers NOT ANOTHER TIME and no need to go to the manager about any complaints bc she is the rudest of all.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I got hit by a McLane truck door on SPEEDWAY property and Speedway sees no liability in this!!! They DON'T care about you or your well-being. Boycott this chain before you get injured without proper compensation too!! They shuffled me off to McLane who's owned by KMART and McLane is trying to avoid any liability in this. I'm sure they haven't even fired the driver or his helper either. As a result of the accident I have a ripped rotator cuff in my dominant arm and have been fired from my job because I cannot do my job to the best of my ability.

I called Speedway and they outwardly said they don't care and will do nothing about the incident because they weren't driving or operating the truck but failed miserably in looking out FOR THE SAFETY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! The manager of the DeerPark store on Long Island NY allowed a McLane truck operate on their property in an unsafe manner without regard for the customer base. This is why Speedway should be boycotted. The things you get for free are made up by shoddy change machines that shortchange you as well as being scalped on fuel. Even the sandwiches aren't fresh and on the verge of turning rancid.

When the promotion came out I had $2.40 off a gallon of gas for a max allowance of 25 gallons. Gas was $2.40 yet I was still charged .069 cents per gallon and yes I asked for the max allowance and was still charged $17.48. After getting a phone call from the corporate office in Ohio saying I can go jump in the lake. Basically I feel it's time to make Speedways time in NY a rough one. If I have to I'll organize a rally and bring the local media into this!!! It won't look good for Speedway after the negative public attention unless the public agrees it's ok for SPEEDWAY to claim no liability for this accident!! BOYCOTT SPEEDWAY IN NY!!! Send them packing back to OHIO!! You're not getting off on this Speedway!!! Do the right thing or get out of NY!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

We have a new store to open here in Springfield Tn., We stopped in to just look around and support our new business. After looking around I decided to buy a beer. When I got to the counter to show my I.D. and pay they wanted to see my wife's I.D. as well. When I asked why they said "store policy". We are both in our late 50's and understand checking my I.D. being I'm the purchaser, but what if this were my 17 year old son with me. Does this mean if we stop by together and I want a beer I have to do without because my son is with me. I think you're pushing this a little beyond. Nevertheless I will not be back to support your store. I will continue shopping the other stores in our area.

Original review: March 31, 2016

WilcoHess/Speedway Truck stop located in Graniteville SC. Exit 11 off of I-20 in SC. Speedway take over has now been a year and their Truck stops show it. When Speedway was last in this state they were a filthy mess, now after taking over Hess and Wilco it is now the same. Hess and Wilco strived for clean well run facilities, now it's disgusting. Fuel islands are dirty, showers filthy and bathrooms are really disgusting. Maintenance persons are relatives of the manager so they won't do their job, rather talk to the girls. Truck drivers are now not stopping. Way to go Speedway.

Original review: March 15, 2016

This is the worst gas station that I have ever been to!! You can never use your debit card at the pump. They charge you twice and the attendants are "worthless". I will never go here again and will tell all of my friends about the poor service!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

Tried to pay at pump but rewards card reader did not work. Went inside, clerk didn't know what to do. Said he fixed it but when I went back outside, pump wouldn't turn on. Went back inside and another clerk who I never saw before said it was "probably your fault for saying the wrong grade of gas". This is the Speedway daily double - poorly trained employees with horrible customer service skills.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

This is the closest gas station to my house. I WILL NEVER BE BACK! My mother who works not even 2 miles from the gas station as well as her co-workers shop there every night as well. My mother went to Speedway before work as she usually does. The cashier Kim ** did not set her pump after prepaying for gas. Mistakes happen. My mom went back in, walked back out and the pump was still not set. 3 times she had to walk in the gas station. Kim ** told my mother in front of 2 of her co-workers and about 10 customers that my mother was the rudest person she ever met. And so when her pump was FINALLY set she sat in her car after standing in the freezing cold for over 20 minutes because she had prepaid.

She looks at the window and at this time the pump has ran over 5$. At this time my mother was late for work. She then had to spend her entire lunch break in the store trying to figure out why her card was run twice, once for the original amount of 12$ and then again for 18.81$. Then had to go in at 8 am to speak to the Manager Chris whom I talked to on the phone this morning as well and was also RUDE to me. He said he didn't know what he could help me with. What a nice bunch you have working for you Speedway. I will not be back

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Went to Speedway in Wainscott. The Speedway rewards screen was blue. I asked Chuck the manager for assistance, he ignored me. I asked again he ignored me, then he yelled to the associate Paula to fix it. She came over and looked at it and said "I think it is offline, I don't know how to fix it." Chuck still was ignoring me, and continued with what he was doing. You offer rewards for loyal customers, yet if something is wrong with the computer it is all null and void. I went to Watermill and used that one, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. FIX THIS NOW AND MAKE IT RIGHT.

Speedway SuperAmerica Company Information

www.speedway.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business