Speedway SuperAmerica

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went into the Speedway on Orchard blvd in Whitehall, PA 18052 to get three packs of cigarettes. The price on the cigarettes were clearly marked $6.73 a pack and I gave her a 10 dollar scratch off to help pay for this. She said that my total was $16.94 meaning that before she took the winning ticket off, three packs of cigarettes cost me $26.94. Now tell me how 3 packs of cigarettes that are marked came out to be almost $30.00?

I argued with the clerk, the manager that was there, along with another person who was just hanging out there. They all jumped me saying that everything was correct and that this was the right price... They would not let me get a refund on them so I told them that I would never go back to any Speedway and get anything from them again. That I could go to WaWa and get the cigarettes for a heck of a lot cheaper. They sort of laughed at me and go, "No you can't." So I will tell everyone about this and I will never ever step foot into another one of their stores.

I seldom stop at Speedway but yesterday my husband had a doctor's appointment and we had to drive to Columbia, TN for the appointment. On the way my low gas light came on so I stopped at Highway 99 station and used my debit card to purchase gas. We were running late so I only pumped 10.00 in gas and went on to the doctor's appointment. After the appointment we went to purchase medications for my husband and my card was declined. Knowing I saved enough money in my account to take care of that I signed on to my bank account to check my balance and found I was charged $125.00 for $10.03 in gas.

Made a trip back to Speedway and talked to cashier who was clueless and said that could not happen. She called out manager who was rude and blamed it on my bank. I told him I worked for that bank 27 years and they run debit transactions for amount they receive from the business. They do not make up amounts and take them from their customers. Then he explained that Speedways everywhere have a policy that adds $100.00 if you use your credit card to pay for gas at pump. Well when I went to school many years ago $10.03 plus their $100.00 was not $125.00. He said when bank processes the transaction the $125.00 will fall off and the $10.03 will post. There are no signs at pumps that indicate you will be charged excessively for using your card and here I am 2 days later still waiting for the $125.00 to fall off my account. This is an unfair practice to steal from consumers.

My son looked up some information about this policy and found it is allowed but when happens has to be removed from account within 2 hours and amount is to be no more than $100.00 That is quite a bit less than 2 days that I have waited. Good news is that it will not ever happen to me again because I will never shop at a Speedway again even if I run out of gas trying to make it to a station!

I frequently stop in at # 7950. Tonight I came in with my 18 yr son (he was making a purchase as well.) I Sat down my items on the counter the cashier says "I need to see id's." I replied "you need an ID as I am making this purchase." She replies "I thought he is with you." I reply "he's with me and I'm making my OWN purchase." This was uncalled for to imply I was buying the beer or cigarettes for my son. I'm 42 well over the ID age ok!! But this store has the rudest ** women (except for April) I've encountered. Recently the cashier name Tater was so ugly and didn't want to wait on me as I only asked for a pack of cigarettes. Then another cashier Freeshia is always so distracted talking to other employees she never gets your purchase correct. And I know this review will go nowhere but I don't understand how Speedway can allow their employees to be so rude, racist, dysfunctional...

My store is literally not even a mile but I will drive across town to the hasty Mart to get friendly customer service. This sorry store don't ask to scan your reward card much less give you a receipt. And don't let them get a phone call & a line of customers waiting because they stop your transaction to answer the phone & act like you're not there. I don't know who owns Speedway in Snowhill NC on Kingold Blvd... but maybe you can send some undercover to check out this store better yet take a look at your camera footage.

I read other reviews in other states in general it's all the same complaint "rude employees." This company does not enforce friendly customer service they must, don't give a damn about the customers who bring money to your pot!!! I am not going to be treated like this nor will my son. I have worked a public job now 22 yrs. I got customer service down pat. And if I ever do go to that awful store I bet Freeshia will not holler & throw her mouth at me in front of all the customers NOT ANOTHER TIME and no need to go to the manager about any complaints bc she is the rudest of all.

I got hit by a McLane truck door on SPEEDWAY property and Speedway sees no liability in this!!! They DON'T care about you or your well-being. Boycott this chain before you get injured without proper compensation too!! They shuffled me off to McLane who's owned by KMART and McLane is trying to avoid any liability in this. I'm sure they haven't even fired the driver or his helper either. As a result of the accident I have a ripped rotator cuff in my dominant arm and have been fired from my job because I cannot do my job to the best of my ability.

I called Speedway and they outwardly said they don't care and will do nothing about the incident because they weren't driving or operating the truck but failed miserably in looking out FOR THE SAFETY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! The manager of the DeerPark store on Long Island NY allowed a McLane truck operate on their property in an unsafe manner without regard for the customer base. This is why Speedway should be boycotted. The things you get for free are made up by shoddy change machines that shortchange you as well as being scalped on fuel. Even the sandwiches aren't fresh and on the verge of turning rancid.

When the promotion came out I had $2.40 off a gallon of gas for a max allowance of 25 gallons. Gas was $2.40 yet I was still charged .069 cents per gallon and yes I asked for the max allowance and was still charged $17.48. After getting a phone call from the corporate office in Ohio saying I can go jump in the lake. Basically I feel it's time to make Speedways time in NY a rough one. If I have to I'll organize a rally and bring the local media into this!!! It won't look good for Speedway after the negative public attention unless the public agrees it's ok for SPEEDWAY to claim no liability for this accident!! BOYCOTT SPEEDWAY IN NY!!! Send them packing back to OHIO!! You're not getting off on this Speedway!!! Do the right thing or get out of NY!!!

We have a new store to open here in Springfield Tn., We stopped in to just look around and support our new business. After looking around I decided to buy a beer. When I got to the counter to show my I.D. and pay they wanted to see my wife's I.D. as well. When I asked why they said "store policy". We are both in our late 50's and understand checking my I.D. being I'm the purchaser, but what if this were my 17 year old son with me. Does this mean if we stop by together and I want a beer I have to do without because my son is with me. I think you're pushing this a little beyond. Nevertheless I will not be back to support your store. I will continue shopping the other stores in our area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speedway SuperAmerica?

WilcoHess/Speedway Truck stop located in Graniteville SC. Exit 11 off of I-20 in SC. Speedway take over has now been a year and their Truck stops show it. When Speedway was last in this state they were a filthy mess, now after taking over Hess and Wilco it is now the same. Hess and Wilco strived for clean well run facilities, now it's disgusting. Fuel islands are dirty, showers filthy and bathrooms are really disgusting. Maintenance persons are relatives of the manager so they won't do their job, rather talk to the girls. Truck drivers are now not stopping. Way to go Speedway.

This is the worst gas station that I have ever been to!! You can never use your debit card at the pump. They charge you twice and the attendants are "worthless". I will never go here again and will tell all of my friends about the poor service!!

Tried to pay at pump but rewards card reader did not work. Went inside, clerk didn't know what to do. Said he fixed it but when I went back outside, pump wouldn't turn on. Went back inside and another clerk who I never saw before said it was "probably your fault for saying the wrong grade of gas". This is the Speedway daily double - poorly trained employees with horrible customer service skills.

This is the closest gas station to my house. I WILL NEVER BE BACK! My mother who works not even 2 miles from the gas station as well as her co-workers shop there every night as well. My mother went to Speedway before work as she usually does. The cashier Kim ** did not set her pump after prepaying for gas. Mistakes happen. My mom went back in, walked back out and the pump was still not set. 3 times she had to walk in the gas station. Kim ** told my mother in front of 2 of her co-workers and about 10 customers that my mother was the rudest person she ever met. And so when her pump was FINALLY set she sat in her car after standing in the freezing cold for over 20 minutes because she had prepaid.

She looks at the window and at this time the pump has ran over 5$. At this time my mother was late for work. She then had to spend her entire lunch break in the store trying to figure out why her card was run twice, once for the original amount of 12$ and then again for 18.81$. Then had to go in at 8 am to speak to the Manager Chris whom I talked to on the phone this morning as well and was also RUDE to me. He said he didn't know what he could help me with. What a nice bunch you have working for you Speedway. I will not be back

Went to Speedway in Wainscott. The Speedway rewards screen was blue. I asked Chuck the manager for assistance, he ignored me. I asked again he ignored me, then he yelled to the associate Paula to fix it. She came over and looked at it and said "I think it is offline, I don't know how to fix it." Chuck still was ignoring me, and continued with what he was doing. You offer rewards for loyal customers, yet if something is wrong with the computer it is all null and void. I went to Watermill and used that one, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. FIX THIS NOW AND MAKE IT RIGHT.

I was at my local Newark, Ohio over on North 21st Street a week or so ago. Had been a fairly regular buying customer. Was very rudely asked by this owner? to open my coat. Was called a "**" when I'd asked what for. Was threatened by this so - called "professional" when I'd called him the same thing for the overall kindness to start with. I'd never pocketed anything before. I'll never spend another dime in there. I'll not support any business that hires crude, rude, dudes like that. I doubt if Speedway really pays much heed to these reviews, thought I'd share my experience somewhere anyhow.

I have never in my 40 years went out of my way to give someone a bad review but this gentleman is really rude to me and my five-year-old son when I come in. I am at the store daily and I cringe and turn around when he is working. I've tried for 2 1/2 months to be as kind and patient as one could be but to no avail. He acts as if he is frustrated not only when he sees me but with the rest of the customers. I cannot for the life of me understand why he is still employed here. I've only came across half-dozen people in my life that is unpleasant as himself. My son says "daddy what is he Mad at all the time?" "I don't know son. Just telling thank you every time we buy something."

My 11-year-old son went into the Yellow Springs, Ohio Speedway and asked for help swiping my debit card. Usually, employees at this location have been nice but there is one guy there who is very cocky and rude. He made demeaning remarks to my child about needing help to slide the card (he was unsure which way the card needed to be turned for the terminal). Since this poor man thinks it too much for him to help a customer slide a card, I will make sure Speedway never need to slide my cards again. Customer service and basic human manners go a long way and some of the Speedway employees need some training to that end.

On September 29, 2015 I filled up at the Wilmington Speedway gas station. The pump charged me for 20.5 gallons of gas which is two quarts less than the tank's full capacity. I had a quarter tank when I began to fill up and the trucks internal calculation also verified that. I sent a written notification to Speedway, but I have received not even an acknowledgment. Basically, they overcharged me by $10. It is not a big sum, but it makes them the most expensive gas station in town rather than one of the cheapest.

Watermill is my regular stop! Good people work there and I get very good service! Employees are very helpful. They have assisted me many times when I need air in tires! Love the Speedy rewards!

I use Speedway to purchase DEF fuel for my tractor trailer about every 2 weeks and use a fleet fuel card to buy it. Every time I come in to pay the poor employee has a deer in the headlights look and freezes. Apparently they don't train them on using the machine. Well I don't have 45 minutes to stand there while they call the manager on the phone to find out how to process the card. There's a new person every time I come in.

Called corporate C/S and when I explained the problem and asked why they weren't asking for my contact info so the District Manager that would be handling my concern she said they wouldn't be contacting me. Well Speedway. Guess what? I won't be bringing my 12K gallon of diesel a year business to you and will keep it at Kwik Trip. I'll use the BP with the girl with DON written on both her hands knuckles before I come back. It's sad. SuperAmerica was a good station and then Speedway ghettoized it.

On June 21, my daughter ran her car through the carwash at the Speedway in Hobart, IN on Route 30 and Colorado St. The car wash knocked off her mirror. This damage cost $250.00 to repair. Speedway is denying any responsibility for it. I will not return to this Speedway or any other. They have lost my business.

After reading about all of these horrible ordeals, I'm extremely embarrassed for the company. Good, old fashioned customer service is a lost art. There is so much more to it than "Have a nice day", or "Thanks for stopping in today" as someone is on their way out of the door. Not everyone is going to be happy with their service they receive, it is impossible to please every one single person, every single day.

Apparently clerk selected the wrong pump, customer drove up inserted card, and pumped gas. It stopped at 20.00, customer went to find out why, and finds out that clerk selected wrong pump number, and that customer who pumped gas "stole" someone else's gas - to use his terminology. This angered the customer who A. wanted to know if his card was charged, and B. was now told by the clerk that he had to pay 20.00 so this other guy can pump his gas. Absolute BS, confusion, and stupidity on account of this clerk. The customer paid 20.00 but made the clerk write a note on the receipt explaining the situation. Avoid, go to Exxon, or Shell.

The Broad street Speedway in Blacklick Ohio is the best!! Since they have received new management he has turned this place around. Always clean and coffee is always fresh and hot. He runs a tight crew and everyone is on their toes. Best!!

Well to start off the gas station that was once Hess now is Speedway. I usually get off work about 1 AM and on my way home I would stop and pick me up a cup of coffee and gas up. So as I approach the door I noticed it was locked and a sign posted saying "please place your order through the window." I was like what "no coffee?" So I didn't want to change my normal routine so now I have to go to the next gas station and get coffee and gas.

SA prices vary by as much as 39 cents per gal of reg unleaded in the same city. (Burnsville,MN.) The local headquarters in Minnesota is 651-769-2099. People should call them and ask them to explain, be respectful but post their responses here. I called and am waiting for a supervisor.

I go to Speedway everyday a few times a day because it's close to my work. I've never put a complaint on any company before however this place is getting ridiculous. Every morning when I go in to get coffee before work they never have any brewed or if they do they have no sugar. I'm sure we all know the 1 thing we look forward to before work early in morning is a cup of coffee. The employees behind the counter have attitudes and have no personality. We as consumers have multiple times shown our concerns about this matter and the manager there shows no concern and doesn't fix the problem. I will no longer be taking my services to Speedway and will now go to Racetrack.

The female taking gas orders was on the phone while she waited on me and two customers in front of me. I gave her my money, went to the pump and pulled the arm but the gas was not pumping. When I went back to the cashier she was still on the phone. I told her pump 3 was not working and she acted like I was bothering her, rudely she said I had refunded to her and she refunded to me. I asked what she meant and she started with an attitude saying "you need to listen to what I'm saying then you will understand." I said "I didn't ask for a refund" and she said "you need to pay better attention." I then said "you need to get off that phone so you can do your job and I don't like your attitude." She said she was the manager and I could have my money back if I didn't like her attitude.

I then took my money back and will never go to the speedway at Tyson and frankford in phila. Again, by the way I've been a customer of Hess there for 30 years. This happened on 5-31-15 at 2 pm.

While I was at 2615 n emerson for coffee the employee was mixing all the half pots into one. When I asked her if she would make me a fresh pot she told to wait she was busy. I told her it was against Speedway policy to mix all them together and she said "so."

Have never written a complaint before. But when a store knowingly cheats a customer I think it is time to complain. I made a beer run to the Speedway on the corner of 14th Street and Florida Blvd in Bradenton, FL. for some construction workers. One of the guys said make sure you check the price before you pay because the price on the shelf is not the price that rings up. I went to the checkout and the beer rang up $2.00 more than the shelf price. I brought it to their attention and the clerk said, "Oh, they haven't changed that yet?" It has been happening for months.

I shop this Speedway daily, but an employee I have never seen was working. I use a gas card and told her that "You have to ring my food product separate." She ignored me and proceeded. The transaction wouldn't work. I told her again that it must be rang separately. She became more disrespectful, and began to be rude. She re-rang my order correctly, then when I told her she didn't take my Speedway card after redoing the transaction she told me sorry, it was my fault and she didn't care to fix it. I asked her to speak to a manager, she said no. I asked to speak to an assistant manager, she said no. She said they were not there. I thought that a manager must always be there but she said no.

Her name was Pam. I was there at 4:55 pm. I couldn't believe the way she treated me after I shop there for years. People like her should not be working with public. She was rude and didn't care that she made a mistake. Also why wasn't any manager on duty? She wouldn't give my second receipt, so I couldn't call to fix it. She knew I was going to make a complaint and I heard her call me names as I left. Horrible.

I used to love going to the Speedway on the corner of Maple St. and Lexington Ave. However, since they brought in new management towards the end of 2014, it's been nothing but problems. The old staff is amazing. The new people that came from the other Speedway brought their attitudes as well. Today, 1/16/15, the "new" manager was so completely hateful, and downright mean to a new employee, that a customer got upset and stormed out AND made the new girl cry after ripping a receipt out of her hand and saying some very nasty things. MADE HER CRY!!!

I'll be honest, when I saw this display of complete disregard for someone's feelings, and because we've had so many problems with this guy, I looked at her and told her as she was fighting away tears that nobody likes this **, don't let him get to you. She's new, she will make mistakes, and as her manager it is his responsibility to be a good leader. NOT A JERK!!! Thank you :-)

My 3rd visit to the Speedway on 39 S Maple St, Winchester, KY, I experienced the same lack of concern for handicapped individuals. I am a 100% disabled veteran. The same pump #9 was again out of paper and again I pressed the handicapped button for assistance with no response. I was forced to go inside for my receipt. There was at least two employees doing nothing (one of which was a manager). I complained to the manager and again I was told that the button on the pump did not work and she would put in a work order. This the same story I was told on the two previous visits. Are they lying? Are they concerned that the person needing assistance might be a veteran who was disabled while protecting their unworthy backsides? Do I wish I could advertise their names on national television and show the community these employees have no respect for the disabled in their community? You bet my rosy backside I do. If I want to be disrespected I will go to the VA..... At least I expect that from them.

I love Speedway and always have. The rewards card is awesome with all the free items you can receive and their drink prices are fair.

Speedway SuperAmerica Company Profile