Speedway SuperAmerica

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So, at store #6930 in Winston Salem, NC., their trashcans all of them are private use for Speedway only I was informed by a very mean employee. This store has a multi-bay car-wash with it and behind that they have 2 large dumpers one for trash and one for cardboard. I have used the cardboard one around 6 or 7 times for very large boxes that the recycling crew will not pick up. This would be over a 5 year period.

Today after dumping a box, as I was pulling away, 2 employees who were working in one of the car-wash bays were looking at me as I was pulling. One employee a lady was standing here with her hands on her hips and giving me a death stare. I stopped, rolled down my window and asked if there was a problem. This is what the lady told me, "Our trashcan are private! I see you people all the time dumping stuff and using them! You are not allowed to use them! They are for us only!" I asked if she would like me to remove the box. She huffed and said, "No! It's too late now!" then stomped off.

I pulled back and proceeded to go dumpster driving for my box. The gentleman approached me and asked me to stop. I said that I would not because I was not aware of the rules and certainly did not want to break them. I could tell he was very upset and embarrassed. To be honest I felt sorry for him. Oh, I purchased $31.77 of gas while I was there.

Now I made a mental note as I was leaving. Behind the store against the building they do have a sign posted by some trashcans that state they are for Speedway use only. Other than that nothing! This store is very convenient for me to get gas and as a member of their rewards program I can get a few cents off my gas purchase and other things. I will no longer use this or and other Speedway for anything. I have never been spoken to so rudely by an employee of a store where I bought something from them. Just beware that you can not clean out the inside of your car, if you chose to wash it there or any other trashcan. They are private property of Speedway.

Wasting my time not knowing how to do her job - I stop to buy fuel for truck trailer and def had to make 5 trips inside to get stuff authorized. Had to pay for it twice then managers got smart and started cussing and I let it fly then she wasted my time for 1 hour cause she charged the lady behind me for my fuel I just paid for. I spent over $510 dollars here tonight and Valerie is the manager's name. If I owned this store she would be fired right now. Just want to know who is going to pay me for wasting my time.

I tried using my credit card to pump gas and was unable to do so. I received a message to see the clerk. I used another credit card and received the same message. I had no choice than to go inside and see the clerk. She said that she was getting an error message even though I couldn't understand why as I always use my card. I told her that's fine, I will prepay for $20. I started to pump my gas and it stopped at $15.55. It would not allow me to continue. I again went inside to speak to the clerk who rudely told me that she decided to stop me from pumping gas as I was on the phone and it is illegal to pump gas while on the phone. I looked at her in disbelief as I had set then clicked on the pump and had walked away to be on the phone. I didn't argue with the phone as I was running late to work. I will never return to this gas station.

On Feb 21 2017. I witnessed something I should've never have. I went to store 6556 in Clearwater Fl. All I wanted to do is buy a candy bar. Standing in line a customer came back in saying he can't get no gas out. Before even looking to see what was the matter employee started to be very rude. The customer started swearing. The cashier started swearing. I may say in front of little kids and several other people. And this went on for more than 30 minutes. No one was checking anyone out. The cashier named Mario threatened the customer that he doesn't fight. He shoots. He repeatedly said that. The customer did threatened to kick his butt. All this because Mario wouldn't listen to the customer.

It was a easy fix. I called 5 times to corporate office and requested a phone call from the district manager. This employee was being racist, made threats and corporate doesn't seem to care. When I called the 800 was told my claim has been closed. Without no contact. As a loyal customer I ripped up my Speedway rewards card up. Not dealing with a place that don't care about the customers. Or even hear them out. Grant it the customer was wrong for starting it, but the cashier should've just left it be. Take care of the issue and deal with it later. Avoid shopping here. In general I won't.

I don't live or have I been to Fla in many years. I just recently found $700.00 on my credit card which had a credit limit of $400.00 which most of it was used. My new total said I owed $1,078.12 and most of the gas purchases were done at Speedway. I have never been to a Speedway in my life. I don't live anywhere near a Speedway. So I would love to know how Speedway even allowed this to happen. I mean seriously something is really wrong here on all levels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speedway SuperAmerica?

I have been shopping at this store only due to closeness to my home. I have NEVER seen such a poorly managed store in my life!!! Shelves are not stocked, inexperienced clerks, many of them rude due to stress of being "left to the wolves" from lack of training (?), very long lines due to not enough clerks!! This store has a system of "form one line", but many times I've seen customers butt in line, then tempers flare & bad or mean words fly from the mouths of the customers who were butted in front of, but yet the management fails to post a sign to form one line!?

One of these days someone is going to get hurt (if it hasn't happened already?!)!! Oh honey, I have so many more complaints to inform someone about but I'm tired!! I'll be back!! I guarantee it!! It seems every time my partner or myself goes there, we come home mad over the bad experience & mad at ourselves because we went there!! I know, we're crazy for thinking, maybe this time it will be ok!? I said I was tired, didn't I?! See how upset I/we get!? I'm done! FOR NOW! I need to calm myself for bed.

I went into the Speedway on Orchard blvd in Whitehall, PA 18052 to get three packs of cigarettes. The price on the cigarettes were clearly marked $6.73 a pack and I gave her a 10 dollar scratch off to help pay for this. She said that my total was $16.94 meaning that before she took the winning ticket off, three packs of cigarettes cost me $26.94. Now tell me how 3 packs of cigarettes that are marked came out to be almost $30.00?

I argued with the clerk, the manager that was there, along with another person who was just hanging out there. They all jumped me saying that everything was correct and that this was the right price... They would not let me get a refund on them so I told them that I would never go back to any Speedway and get anything from them again. That I could go to WaWa and get the cigarettes for a heck of a lot cheaper. They sort of laughed at me and go, "No you can't." So I will tell everyone about this and I will never ever step foot into another one of their stores.

I seldom stop at Speedway but yesterday my husband had a doctor's appointment and we had to drive to Columbia, TN for the appointment. On the way my low gas light came on so I stopped at Highway 99 station and used my debit card to purchase gas. We were running late so I only pumped 10.00 in gas and went on to the doctor's appointment. After the appointment we went to purchase medications for my husband and my card was declined. Knowing I saved enough money in my account to take care of that I signed on to my bank account to check my balance and found I was charged $125.00 for $10.03 in gas.

Made a trip back to Speedway and talked to cashier who was clueless and said that could not happen. She called out manager who was rude and blamed it on my bank. I told him I worked for that bank 27 years and they run debit transactions for amount they receive from the business. They do not make up amounts and take them from their customers. Then he explained that Speedways everywhere have a policy that adds $100.00 if you use your credit card to pay for gas at pump. Well when I went to school many years ago $10.03 plus their $100.00 was not $125.00. He said when bank processes the transaction the $125.00 will fall off and the $10.03 will post. There are no signs at pumps that indicate you will be charged excessively for using your card and here I am 2 days later still waiting for the $125.00 to fall off my account. This is an unfair practice to steal from consumers.

My son looked up some information about this policy and found it is allowed but when happens has to be removed from account within 2 hours and amount is to be no more than $100.00 That is quite a bit less than 2 days that I have waited. Good news is that it will not ever happen to me again because I will never shop at a Speedway again even if I run out of gas trying to make it to a station!

I frequently stop in at # 7950. Tonight I came in with my 18 yr son (he was making a purchase as well.) I Sat down my items on the counter the cashier says "I need to see id's." I replied "you need an ID as I am making this purchase." She replies "I thought he is with you." I reply "he's with me and I'm making my OWN purchase." This was uncalled for to imply I was buying the beer or cigarettes for my son. I'm 42 well over the ID age ok!! But this store has the rudest ** women (except for April) I've encountered. Recently the cashier name Tater was so ugly and didn't want to wait on me as I only asked for a pack of cigarettes. Then another cashier Freeshia is always so distracted talking to other employees she never gets your purchase correct. And I know this review will go nowhere but I don't understand how Speedway can allow their employees to be so rude, racist, dysfunctional...

My store is literally not even a mile but I will drive across town to the hasty Mart to get friendly customer service. This sorry store don't ask to scan your reward card much less give you a receipt. And don't let them get a phone call & a line of customers waiting because they stop your transaction to answer the phone & act like you're not there. I don't know who owns Speedway in Snowhill NC on Kingold Blvd... but maybe you can send some undercover to check out this store better yet take a look at your camera footage.

I read other reviews in other states in general it's all the same complaint "rude employees." This company does not enforce friendly customer service they must, don't give a damn about the customers who bring money to your pot!!! I am not going to be treated like this nor will my son. I have worked a public job now 22 yrs. I got customer service down pat. And if I ever do go to that awful store I bet Freeshia will not holler & throw her mouth at me in front of all the customers NOT ANOTHER TIME and no need to go to the manager about any complaints bc she is the rudest of all.

I got hit by a McLane truck door on SPEEDWAY property and Speedway sees no liability in this!!! They DON'T care about you or your well-being. Boycott this chain before you get injured without proper compensation too!! They shuffled me off to McLane who's owned by KMART and McLane is trying to avoid any liability in this. I'm sure they haven't even fired the driver or his helper either. As a result of the accident I have a ripped rotator cuff in my dominant arm and have been fired from my job because I cannot do my job to the best of my ability.

I called Speedway and they outwardly said they don't care and will do nothing about the incident because they weren't driving or operating the truck but failed miserably in looking out FOR THE SAFETY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! The manager of the DeerPark store on Long Island NY allowed a McLane truck operate on their property in an unsafe manner without regard for the customer base. This is why Speedway should be boycotted. The things you get for free are made up by shoddy change machines that shortchange you as well as being scalped on fuel. Even the sandwiches aren't fresh and on the verge of turning rancid.

When the promotion came out I had $2.40 off a gallon of gas for a max allowance of 25 gallons. Gas was $2.40 yet I was still charged .069 cents per gallon and yes I asked for the max allowance and was still charged $17.48. After getting a phone call from the corporate office in Ohio saying I can go jump in the lake. Basically I feel it's time to make Speedways time in NY a rough one. If I have to I'll organize a rally and bring the local media into this!!! It won't look good for Speedway after the negative public attention unless the public agrees it's ok for SPEEDWAY to claim no liability for this accident!! BOYCOTT SPEEDWAY IN NY!!! Send them packing back to OHIO!! You're not getting off on this Speedway!!! Do the right thing or get out of NY!!!

We have a new store to open here in Springfield Tn., We stopped in to just look around and support our new business. After looking around I decided to buy a beer. When I got to the counter to show my I.D. and pay they wanted to see my wife's I.D. as well. When I asked why they said "store policy". We are both in our late 50's and understand checking my I.D. being I'm the purchaser, but what if this were my 17 year old son with me. Does this mean if we stop by together and I want a beer I have to do without because my son is with me. I think you're pushing this a little beyond. Nevertheless I will not be back to support your store. I will continue shopping the other stores in our area.

WilcoHess/Speedway Truck stop located in Graniteville SC. Exit 11 off of I-20 in SC. Speedway take over has now been a year and their Truck stops show it. When Speedway was last in this state they were a filthy mess, now after taking over Hess and Wilco it is now the same. Hess and Wilco strived for clean well run facilities, now it's disgusting. Fuel islands are dirty, showers filthy and bathrooms are really disgusting. Maintenance persons are relatives of the manager so they won't do their job, rather talk to the girls. Truck drivers are now not stopping. Way to go Speedway.

This is the worst gas station that I have ever been to!! You can never use your debit card at the pump. They charge you twice and the attendants are "worthless". I will never go here again and will tell all of my friends about the poor service!!

Tried to pay at pump but rewards card reader did not work. Went inside, clerk didn't know what to do. Said he fixed it but when I went back outside, pump wouldn't turn on. Went back inside and another clerk who I never saw before said it was "probably your fault for saying the wrong grade of gas". This is the Speedway daily double - poorly trained employees with horrible customer service skills.

This is the closest gas station to my house. I WILL NEVER BE BACK! My mother who works not even 2 miles from the gas station as well as her co-workers shop there every night as well. My mother went to Speedway before work as she usually does. The cashier Kim ** did not set her pump after prepaying for gas. Mistakes happen. My mom went back in, walked back out and the pump was still not set. 3 times she had to walk in the gas station. Kim ** told my mother in front of 2 of her co-workers and about 10 customers that my mother was the rudest person she ever met. And so when her pump was FINALLY set she sat in her car after standing in the freezing cold for over 20 minutes because she had prepaid.

She looks at the window and at this time the pump has ran over 5$. At this time my mother was late for work. She then had to spend her entire lunch break in the store trying to figure out why her card was run twice, once for the original amount of 12$ and then again for 18.81$. Then had to go in at 8 am to speak to the Manager Chris whom I talked to on the phone this morning as well and was also RUDE to me. He said he didn't know what he could help me with. What a nice bunch you have working for you Speedway. I will not be back

Went to Speedway in Wainscott. The Speedway rewards screen was blue. I asked Chuck the manager for assistance, he ignored me. I asked again he ignored me, then he yelled to the associate Paula to fix it. She came over and looked at it and said "I think it is offline, I don't know how to fix it." Chuck still was ignoring me, and continued with what he was doing. You offer rewards for loyal customers, yet if something is wrong with the computer it is all null and void. I went to Watermill and used that one, SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. FIX THIS NOW AND MAKE IT RIGHT.

I was at my local Newark, Ohio over on North 21st Street a week or so ago. Had been a fairly regular buying customer. Was very rudely asked by this owner? to open my coat. Was called a "**" when I'd asked what for. Was threatened by this so - called "professional" when I'd called him the same thing for the overall kindness to start with. I'd never pocketed anything before. I'll never spend another dime in there. I'll not support any business that hires crude, rude, dudes like that. I doubt if Speedway really pays much heed to these reviews, thought I'd share my experience somewhere anyhow.

I have never in my 40 years went out of my way to give someone a bad review but this gentleman is really rude to me and my five-year-old son when I come in. I am at the store daily and I cringe and turn around when he is working. I've tried for 2 1/2 months to be as kind and patient as one could be but to no avail. He acts as if he is frustrated not only when he sees me but with the rest of the customers. I cannot for the life of me understand why he is still employed here. I've only came across half-dozen people in my life that is unpleasant as himself. My son says "daddy what is he Mad at all the time?" "I don't know son. Just telling thank you every time we buy something."

My 11-year-old son went into the Yellow Springs, Ohio Speedway and asked for help swiping my debit card. Usually, employees at this location have been nice but there is one guy there who is very cocky and rude. He made demeaning remarks to my child about needing help to slide the card (he was unsure which way the card needed to be turned for the terminal). Since this poor man thinks it too much for him to help a customer slide a card, I will make sure Speedway never need to slide my cards again. Customer service and basic human manners go a long way and some of the Speedway employees need some training to that end.

On September 29, 2015 I filled up at the Wilmington Speedway gas station. The pump charged me for 20.5 gallons of gas which is two quarts less than the tank's full capacity. I had a quarter tank when I began to fill up and the trucks internal calculation also verified that. I sent a written notification to Speedway, but I have received not even an acknowledgment. Basically, they overcharged me by $10. It is not a big sum, but it makes them the most expensive gas station in town rather than one of the cheapest.

Watermill is my regular stop! Good people work there and I get very good service! Employees are very helpful. They have assisted me many times when I need air in tires! Love the Speedy rewards!

I use Speedway to purchase DEF fuel for my tractor trailer about every 2 weeks and use a fleet fuel card to buy it. Every time I come in to pay the poor employee has a deer in the headlights look and freezes. Apparently they don't train them on using the machine. Well I don't have 45 minutes to stand there while they call the manager on the phone to find out how to process the card. There's a new person every time I come in.

Called corporate C/S and when I explained the problem and asked why they weren't asking for my contact info so the District Manager that would be handling my concern she said they wouldn't be contacting me. Well Speedway. Guess what? I won't be bringing my 12K gallon of diesel a year business to you and will keep it at Kwik Trip. I'll use the BP with the girl with DON written on both her hands knuckles before I come back. It's sad. SuperAmerica was a good station and then Speedway ghettoized it.

On June 21, my daughter ran her car through the carwash at the Speedway in Hobart, IN on Route 30 and Colorado St. The car wash knocked off her mirror. This damage cost $250.00 to repair. Speedway is denying any responsibility for it. I will not return to this Speedway or any other. They have lost my business.

After reading about all of these horrible ordeals, I'm extremely embarrassed for the company. Good, old fashioned customer service is a lost art. There is so much more to it than "Have a nice day", or "Thanks for stopping in today" as someone is on their way out of the door. Not everyone is going to be happy with their service they receive, it is impossible to please every one single person, every single day.

Apparently clerk selected the wrong pump, customer drove up inserted card, and pumped gas. It stopped at 20.00, customer went to find out why, and finds out that clerk selected wrong pump number, and that customer who pumped gas "stole" someone else's gas - to use his terminology. This angered the customer who A. wanted to know if his card was charged, and B. was now told by the clerk that he had to pay 20.00 so this other guy can pump his gas. Absolute BS, confusion, and stupidity on account of this clerk. The customer paid 20.00 but made the clerk write a note on the receipt explaining the situation. Avoid, go to Exxon, or Shell.

The Broad street Speedway in Blacklick Ohio is the best!! Since they have received new management he has turned this place around. Always clean and coffee is always fresh and hot. He runs a tight crew and everyone is on their toes. Best!!

Well to start off the gas station that was once Hess now is Speedway. I usually get off work about 1 AM and on my way home I would stop and pick me up a cup of coffee and gas up. So as I approach the door I noticed it was locked and a sign posted saying "please place your order through the window." I was like what "no coffee?" So I didn't want to change my normal routine so now I have to go to the next gas station and get coffee and gas.

SA prices vary by as much as 39 cents per gal of reg unleaded in the same city. (Burnsville,MN.) The local headquarters in Minnesota is 651-769-2099. People should call them and ask them to explain, be respectful but post their responses here. I called and am waiting for a supervisor.

I go to Speedway everyday a few times a day because it's close to my work. I've never put a complaint on any company before however this place is getting ridiculous. Every morning when I go in to get coffee before work they never have any brewed or if they do they have no sugar. I'm sure we all know the 1 thing we look forward to before work early in morning is a cup of coffee. The employees behind the counter have attitudes and have no personality. We as consumers have multiple times shown our concerns about this matter and the manager there shows no concern and doesn't fix the problem. I will no longer be taking my services to Speedway and will now go to Racetrack.

The female taking gas orders was on the phone while she waited on me and two customers in front of me. I gave her my money, went to the pump and pulled the arm but the gas was not pumping. When I went back to the cashier she was still on the phone. I told her pump 3 was not working and she acted like I was bothering her, rudely she said I had refunded to her and she refunded to me. I asked what she meant and she started with an attitude saying "you need to listen to what I'm saying then you will understand." I said "I didn't ask for a refund" and she said "you need to pay better attention." I then said "you need to get off that phone so you can do your job and I don't like your attitude." She said she was the manager and I could have my money back if I didn't like her attitude.

I then took my money back and will never go to the speedway at Tyson and frankford in phila. Again, by the way I've been a customer of Hess there for 30 years. This happened on 5-31-15 at 2 pm.

Speedway SuperAmerica Company Profile