toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Kathleen! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had an extremely excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct. I bought a car from a dealer that I've never met from upstate. My son and I bought it together for his older brother who needed one. It was my job to find the person who’ll transport it, and it didn't take very long before I realized that it is the transport organizer's job to pick out the right transporter. Ship a Car was more expensive than the other people, but my son wanted to get the best one out there and it wouldn’t have mattered what anybody else would have offered to do it for. The price that Ship a Car gave me was very fair. When it was all said and done, it was only $20 more than one of the other people that didn’t have near the reputation that Ship a Car offered. Their pricing was competitive and we were willing to pay extra to get something from Pennsylvania to Florida to make sure it arrived here in good condition.

The person that I talked with on the phone was courteous and polite. My son wanted to ask them if they could do any better with the price so I did. The rep said he'll find out and then gave me a callback and said, “Here's what we can do.” He was willing to earn my business. Then they got the carrier there the day after I called, which I was ready to wait a couple of weeks if need be and he got the car here two days later. So it was three days from the time that I called their rep and we were fortunate, we got a good carrier. I also watched their videos prior to even talking to anyone on their website and those are very convincing. We had a good experience with them and we certainly would use them again if we had anything to move anywhere. Everything went better than I thought it might.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Steven! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was moving from Seattle to Orlando and I needed to move my vehicle along with all my stuff. I went to Ship a Car Direct's web page and it's really forthcoming and frank on the state of business. Their rates are competitive with others, too. Once I submitted all the information in - what kind of car, where we're going - they got back to me with a quote pretty quickly. They did a really good job of explaining exactly how the process would go from there on. They told me that the actual shipper would contact me as opposed to them but they would still be available to answer questions.

They got me in contact with the actual person who transported the car and everything went really smoothly there. The person who transported the car was awesome. I had to fly out the day that they were supposed to pick it up and I ended up having a friend give the person the car. I talked them through and they walked me through all of that. The vehicle arrived on time and there were no damages. Then Ship a Car Direct contacted me again to make sure everything was all good and asked me if they can help. Ship a Car Direct has been fast and responsive, and from their website down to their personnel, they seemed to cut through a lot of the salesmanship of it all. It just really came down to exactly what was going on and I really appreciated that. Everything was about as smooth as you could hope it could be.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Ship a Car Direct's service was really good and the price was the best. When I made a reservation over the phone, the rep I talked to was excellent. Any time I emailed him or called, he responded right away and answered all my questions. The driver was great and he kept in contact with me all the way up to delivery. He asked if he could do the delivery a little later, but he was earlier than I expected. Everything was great. If I buy another car out of state, I'll use them. And if anybody asks, I would recommend them.

I've used Ship a Car Direct in the past but the first time I did a search about transport companies, they were the quickest to respond so I went with them. I made my reservation over the phone. Their rep was very helpful and their driver was fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

As a first-time user of an auto transport I was a little concerned that I didn't know enough about the process to make an informed decision. I contacted two or three brokers and decided to go with Ship A Car Direct because their price quote was reasonable and their customer service representative (Angela) was extremely helpful to me. She provided me with background information on the transport process and even sent me links to YouTube videos which described the who/what/where/when of auto transport. Ship A Car Direct is very careful in selecting drivers and any reported problems can affect their using that driver and company in the future.

My car was transported in an enclosed truck. I don't have a classic or vintage car but it is fairly new and in excellent condition and I wanted it to arrive in Massachusetts without any damage from road rocks, ice storms, salt and sand debris etc. My car was picked up on time as close as possible to my home. The driver was very prompt, kept in touch before arrival and even drove me back to my home after we completed the paperwork for the transport.

Ship A Car Direct continued to keep in touch with me and my car arrived in Massachusetts only one day late due to weather conditions along the route. Again, the driver delivered the car as close as possible to my home. He was very courteous and prompt and kept in touch by phone as he was nearing and just a few hours from my home. I highly recommend Ship A Car Direct and the driver from A & Sons Express, Inc. It was a pleasure to work with them and made my first-time use of auto transport easy and stress free.

Based on the reviews I read versus their competition's reviews, I chose to go with Ship a Car Direct. I made the reservation online and their website is very clear and easy to follow. The quote I got for free in their online calculator was very accurate. Their customer service reps were very good and were just as I expected it. They did what they said they were gonna do for the price they quoted. I also used them a second time because it worked so well the first time.

Some colleagues that worked on their car shipping experience recommended Ship a Car Direct. The Ship a Car website was thorough and easy to use. I made my reservation online and their site has a lot of answers to the questions that I had. The driver was very communicative and easy to reach and chat with. He kept me updated and delivered the car a day early with no issues whatsoever. He was awesome.

The Ship a Car Direct website was a little tough to find what I was looking for, but it got even easier when I called them. The customer service rep was very good. Then their driver took care of my car and was really gentle. He was phenomenal. The guy who delivered it called me and was there. It worked out really well and I was very happy with both of them. Overall, it was easy and everything went great. I didn't have to worry about the car. What's even better is that it got there early. I paid it all with credit card, though I did pay a small fee for it the service was worth it.

The Ship a Car Direct website was good and I liked the reviews. I had a referral to somebody else and the person who answered the phone on the other one sounded like somebody who had spent a whole lot of their time smoking and drinking heavy. Their pricing was okay and I was supposed to get the deal, but when I checked, the very first thing I found out was that I wasn't getting one. The person at Ship A Car who I talked to was very pleasant, professional and conversational. Told me what they were trying to do and how to do it, so I felt more comfortable with that which made it all come together.

I've used them twice now and their service was good. I had no issues on the first time but on the second time, they gave me a shipping company who didn't want to respond as fast as I wanted to respond, so I went back to them. They were responsive, but they just picked somebody who wasn't. So they got me a second one, but they sent me the same one again. So I told them that it was the same company and they were able to correct their error and replace it with somebody else in the end.

The rep I spoke to from Ship a Car Direct was honest and straightforward. The quote given to me was competitive and the service was excellent. Also, the driver was accessible through phone texts and kept me updated on automated emails throughout the process, which I liked.

Ship a Car Direct's website is pretty intuitive and easy to navigate. I like that they have the FAQ section too. The quote I got was reasonable as it was about the same as another company I had talked to, but I felt much more confident in Ship a Car Direct because of the good reviews they have. The rep I spoke to over the phone, as well as the driver, were both really nice and the whole process was easy and smooth.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Frank! Thank you for giving us a positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I have used 3 car shippers over the years. This time with Ship a Car Direct. Was my best experience. The staff Stefan and carrier Milton answered all my questions promptly and got back to me with progress reports as we approached ship day and upon arrival. They came when they said they would and car arrived to my son-in-law on time and good condition. I would recommend them to anyone needing the service.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Sravs! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I shipped my car through Ship a Car Direct. It was very smooth. They are on time for pickup and delivered on time. Customer service is very good. After reading so many reviews I selected Ship a Car Direct. Overall my car shipping is very smooth... Thanks.

I was referred to Ship a Car Direct by a friend. The quote they gave was very competitive. I booked online and their website is very easy to use. The driver was easy to communicate with, very transparent, and he let me pick up the car a day early. My car made it in one piece and I'm happy about that.

I Googled shipping company and a few of them came up. I picked Ship a Car due to the price. I talked to them on the phone but then the rep told me to go online to fill up all the information. The website was easy to use and the customer service rep was good. There was a situation with the first driver. The key was misplaced by the auction place so they gave me another driver. The other driver was even better because he lived by my house so it was really close to go pick up the car. Everything went great.

I've used Ship a Car Direct for three times now. I had a very good experience the first time, so I kept using them. I made my reservations both online and over the phone. Their website was very direct and easy to use. The result of their online quote calculator was very close with the quote that I received. Their reps were very nice, friendly and very supportive. Overall, my experiences were great and I was very happy with it.

We had good experiences when my husband used Ship a Car a couple of times before so we used them again. This last time when we did the reservation, we started on the phone and had someone contact us. Our interaction with that customer service rep, the driver and our overall experience with Ship a Car Direct were all good.

Initially, I was nervous about shipping my car from California to New Jersey, but the staff at Ship A Car Direct made things so easy for me. The move went very smoothly and my car arrived when they said it would without any trouble.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Paul! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Ship A Car Direct shipped my car from Idaho to Florida over snowy and icy roads, and mountains and plains. They were a joy to work with. They took care of everything and didn't miss a single detail. My car arrived on time a little dirtier than when it started but considering the distance and weather I have no complaints. I dealt with Eric at Ship a Car and he did everything right, including telephoning to tell me what was happening, what I had to do, and most important he found the best possible prices. You can't beat customer oriented quality service and great prices. Thank you Eric and Ship a Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct has Better Business Bureau accreditation so I went with them. I did an online reservation and their quote was very accurate. They have great reps and their driver was very good.

Got Ship a Car Direct to transport a vehicle for me but my one complaint was the bad communication. There was a range of dates when they were supposed to pick the vehicle up but I never heard from them other than the date could be anytime. There was no communication that the organization they subcontracted to were on their way until about two hours before they showed up. I had people who were gonna be helping me get the vehicle picked up and they were in limbo for three days, waiting to figure out when it was gonna be. Apart from that, they did a good job. It was really cold but they were able to put the vehicle out and get it in the garage.

I talked to another company, but I wasn't happy with them. Then I came across Ship a Car Direct through ConsumerAffairs review site and they seemed a lot more on the ball when I talked to them. The service they provided was good and, overall, did really well.

I did an internet search and Ship a Car Direct seemed to have all the information I needed, so I went with them. I made the reservation online. Their website works well. I also used their free online quote calculator, and the quote was very accurate compared to the actual one I received. The driver was great. I would use them again.

I used Ship a Car Direct based on their reviews. I made the reservation over the phone, and the customer service rep I dealt with was very good. Overall, their service was good. I’d definitely recommend it and do it again if I have to.

Ship a Car Direct has high ratings so I decided to get them and made an online reservation. Their website was good and their quote was accurate. Their reps were good and prompt, and their drivers were fine too.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Aj! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I looked up the reviews of transport companies when I was moving for work and Ship a Car direct had the best ones. Transportation’s expensive but I felt their quote was pretty fair for the most part. Their customer service reps and the actual carrier were both good.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your review, Mohamed! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I was moving from Texas to New Jersey so I needed to ship a car. I spoke with a couple of people and I understood about the brokers and how it will take. I went with someone and one week later he didn't pick up anything so I went with Ship a Car Direct. The quote they gave me was a bit overpriced but that was my only option. Other than that, everything was okay. The driver was good and he came to pick and drop the car on time.

When we compared transport companies online, Ship a Car had competitive rates and the best reviews. Plus the quote I was given was very fair. Their rep helped us out and had the car at his home for a couple of days. However, the moving company that they used called me on my way to work and said, "We're at your front door" and did not give me a 24-hour notice. But everything else was great. They came back later that night to get to it after work, which was good.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Alexander! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I have heard a lot of bad situations and stories about vehicle shipments and I didn’t want to take a chance when I relocated for work. Ship a Car Direct seemed reputable when I was doing searches online and though I paid a little more, their customer service and reassurance were great to have.

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile