toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Kathleen! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had an extremely excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct. I bought a car from a dealer that I've never met from upstate. My son and I bought it together for his older brother who needed one. It was my job to find the person who’ll transport it, and it didn't take very long before I realized that it is the transport organizer's job to pick out the right transporter. Ship a Car was more expensive than the other people, but my son wanted to get the best one out there and it wouldn’t have mattered what anybody else would have offered to do it for. The price that Ship a Car gave me was very fair. When it was all said and done, it was only $20 more than one of the other people that didn’t have near the reputation that Ship a Car offered. Their pricing was competitive and we were willing to pay extra to get something from Pennsylvania to Florida to make sure it arrived here in good condition.

The person that I talked with on the phone was courteous and polite. My son wanted to ask them if they could do any better with the price so I did. The rep said he'll find out and then gave me a callback and said, “Here's what we can do.” He was willing to earn my business. Then they got the carrier there the day after I called, which I was ready to wait a couple of weeks if need be and he got the car here two days later. So it was three days from the time that I called their rep and we were fortunate, we got a good carrier. I also watched their videos prior to even talking to anyone on their website and those are very convincing. We had a good experience with them and we certainly would use them again if we had anything to move anywhere. Everything went better than I thought it might.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Steven! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was moving from Seattle to Orlando and I needed to move my vehicle along with all my stuff. I went to Ship a Car Direct's web page and it's really forthcoming and frank on the state of business. Their rates are competitive with others, too. Once I submitted all the information in - what kind of car, where we're going - they got back to me with a quote pretty quickly. They did a really good job of explaining exactly how the process would go from there on. They told me that the actual shipper would contact me as opposed to them but they would still be available to answer questions.

They got me in contact with the actual person who transported the car and everything went really smoothly there. The person who transported the car was awesome. I had to fly out the day that they were supposed to pick it up and I ended up having a friend give the person the car. I talked them through and they walked me through all of that. The vehicle arrived on time and there were no damages. Then Ship a Car Direct contacted me again to make sure everything was all good and asked me if they can help. Ship a Car Direct has been fast and responsive, and from their website down to their personnel, they seemed to cut through a lot of the salesmanship of it all. It just really came down to exactly what was going on and I really appreciated that. Everything was about as smooth as you could hope it could be.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

I had to leave Florida quickly so I flew and then had my car shipped. I had an online quote from another company and figured I'd look it up on the Better Business Bureau, and they didn't score very well. I got Ship a Car Direct from the Better Business Bureau website and their quote was less than the other one. I called to verify the pricing and they said to place the order online. I had issues with that because I only had my phone to do it on. I kept calling and they helped me with that. They set me up with a driver and the car was picked up the next day.

I stayed in contact with the driver to find out a more accurate time he'd arrive, and then he texted me when he was about a half-hour out. He was personable, professional and friendly. I was very nervous since you pay the driver cash when he gets there and I'm like, "Is he gonna tell me it's more? Is this gonna be a bait and switch?" Ship a Car has your car and so they have you over a barrel but the process went smooth and fast, and I was very happy.

I had moved from Michigan to Massachusetts and because my vehicle is a rear-wheel drive, I could not drive it all the way from Michigan during winter, so I had to ship it and I was more comfortable with having it shipped. But after a prior experience of moving my furniture and the company that finally did it literally damaged pretty much everything I had, I decided to be a little more careful with who I picked. So I got on to ConsumerAffairs for all the reviews of companies that are moving vehicles and then I went with Ship a Car Direct.

I had also placed a bid on You Move where one can list their ad and all moving companies place their bid for shipping the vehicle so I had a general idea about how much it would cost me to ship my vehicle. The ability to obtain a price range independently definitely made a big impact because I didn't have people calling me repeatedly and asking me for details, which was good because of my work schedule. All I had to do was provide them with vehicle information and ask them for a quote and that was good. Given that I gave a very short timeframe for Ship a Car Direct to find someone, I was happy with the quote they gave me and it was reasonable compared to the other ones I had spoken with earlier.

My interactions with the customer service rep have been straightforward. It was easier to get in touch with them through phone but usually I prefer emailing so it was a little difficult to get in touch with them. But if I would call, I would always have someone help me out. It was extremely good and I never expected that it would be very easy working with them because of my terrible experience from the past. It's been a hassle-free experience and I would definitely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

My son was purchasing a vehicle and I was sending it to him. I looked online a little bit and I found that Ship a Car Direct's website itself looked very professional. Then, when I spoke to Costas, the salesman, we went over everything and I was happy with the price. I also got a $30 discount. Their rep was very friendly, attentive and kept me posted with emails, which was reassuring. He also emailed me to ask if I had any questions so, I liked that. They told me it would take three to five days and he came on the fourth day. Everything worked out fine and the experience was pleasant. I will definitely use them again if I need to and I would recommend their company.

We were moving from San Francisco to Florida and got Ship a Car Direct to transport our vehicle. I requested a quote and they called back and gave me the information. They were very knowledgeable and sounded like they had done the same thing many times. Their pricing's fair, too. I gave them a window, Monday to Thursday, wherein they can come and pick the car up. I didn't hear anything by Monday morning but by noon, I'd gotten an email or phone call saying, "We'll be there in an hour and a half." So, it was a bit more rushed. But I called the transport guy and he was able to be there later so I could work around my work schedule. He was really helpful and very nice about the whole thing, too. It all worked out well. It was the first time I'd ever shipped a car and I was very happy with the service that both Ship a Car Direct and the transport guy provided to us. They were all very patient.

I needed to get my car cross-country from California to North Carolina. I made a whole bunch of research and saw that Ship a Car Direct had very good customer reviews and more stars. I tried a couple other dealers before them and Ship a Car was the only one who got back to me within the hour. The free quote they gave me was accurate. I talked mostly to a man and he was very prompt and responsive. That was great and everything went fine there. He sent me tips and videos and everything I could need. I had shipped a car before but it was very helpful having those. I only did the drop-off on the California side. The carrier driver was also very pleasant to deal with. I was very happy with the whole process because everything went smooth.

I was moving out of State. My car was coming from somewhere else and I needed it to meet us at our new place. Ship a Car Direct had the best reviews of anyone I saw and they were accredited by the Better Business Bureau. I got an online quote, and it ended up being right. We wanted to see why there was about $100 more than other quote, but we figured we didn't want to take a risk on a company we couldn't find any information about. Ship a Car Direct's customer service was excellent. The broker that we had was very positive and he explained how the process worked. The carrier driver was great as well. He was in contact a day before, and was within 20 minutes of the window he gave me. It was very good. I thought the process was going to be a hassle but it ended up being super easy.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, Bob! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Call us if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had a great experience shipping my car from the West Coast. Eric provided great service, explained the advantages of using Ship a Car Direct and the price was competitive with other companies. I'd use them again.

I needed my wife's car to be in another State. So, I looked at ratings online and Ship a Car Direct was highly rated. The quote came in through email and it was in the realm of what I wanted to spend, hence my deciding to use them. They stayed accurate to that quote and I have no issues with what I paid for and what I received. I asked for the car to be picked up a certain day and it was picked up. I also asked for it to be delivered by a certain day and it was delivered by that certain day. Everything was fine.

I was moving to a different city, so I needed to ship my vehicle. I searched online and came through Ship a Car Direct with good reviews. That's why I chose them. I was happy with the quote I was given and my interaction with the customer service representative regarding the delivery of the vehicle was very nice. It was a positive experience including with the carrier driver who was very prompt and informative and told me in advance what time he would be arriving.

I recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone wishing to obtain a fair price for getting a car moved safely and in a reasonable timeframe. This was a positive experience in having my car shipped across country so I thought I should provide an excellent rating as I would use this company again. I had my Ford shipped from Calif to Texas. The transport company arranged by Ship a Car Direct was in constant contact at time of pick up to delivery to our new home in Texas. Ship a Car Direct was also in constant contact by phone and email providing status of our order. Communication by all involved was first class. My car arrived in great condition other than dust and dirt build up which was expected with an uncovered transport truck. Thank you Ship a Car Direct for the painless and worry free experience of moving our vehicle to Texas - Blessings to your staff.

Kosta was very helpful and always available. Ash, the long distance driver from A Unique Transport, did a fine job in shipping my truck from FL to CA. The cost was slightly more than others, but this company vets the shippers before they move your car. Two thumbs up for Ship A Car Direct.

I shipped my car from California to Texas three years ago but used a different company. And when I needed to do it again, I went to the ConsumerAffairs website. Ship a Car Direct was number one with the ratings. The girl, Angela, that I talked to was really patient with me. She worked with me because I was already in California and my car was in Texas. Everything was really great and easy. They gave me a good price. The driver was on time, and he kept in contact with me. I told a couple of friends that are gonna be moving back to California about Ship a Car Direct and they should definitely check them out.

I took advantage of Ship a Car Direct's online quote calculator which gave me an idea of what the final price would be after everything. Plus the quote was fair compared to everything else that I was looking at. The reps were very attentive, responded very quickly to my emails, were very nice on the phone and they explained everything very well. Overall the service was very reliable so I wasn't worried about my car. I wouldn't be afraid to use them again if I had to.

We are moving from St. Pete, Florida to Temple City, Texas because of a job transfer and we had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct. I used them previously when I'd moved from Texas to Florida one year back and the experience was good so I repeated the business. When I got the quote, they were prompt and got back to me. I liked the quote and then went to the website to book the move. They deducted some $200 in order to log that move and I paid the rest of the amount in cash to the carrier which actually shipped my car. I have a new car so prior to the move, my condition is that the carrier should be good and Ship a Car Direct took care of that.

Then Ship a Car Direct asked me for a 3-day delivery window and I gave them Thursday, Friday, Saturday but my preferred date was Friday. The carrier came on Thursday but that wasn't a problem because they came in by evening. The driver was very good and I only spoke with him once on the phone. I used email communication and they kept sending me emails in between. Communication was good so there was no problem and the car came in perfect condition with no scratches.

I contacted David from Ship a Car Direct and he explained the process. Sometimes if he was not available on the phone, he would call me back soon as he gets my voice message. The communication was quick and good. Everything was easier and the cost of shipping was reasonable. Once I booked the services, there were some videos that were really helpful to me. My car was delivered a day before the committed time and I was available so that was good for me. We agreed at a mutual location where he can drop the car. It was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car. Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I feared the experience of having my car shipped because of the horror stories. I needn't have worried! Service was responsive and kind. Once assigned a driver he was amazing. Great communication and right on time. Couldn't have asked for anything better. I went with this Ship a Car Direct because of the reviews (I could have negotiated with others and gotten a better deal) and I am glad I did. Will use again.

I bought a vehicle from a dealer in South Carolina and I needed to have it shipped here in Connecticut where I live. Ship a Car Direct has the highest ratings on Transport Reviews, so I went with them. I called them and my interaction with the customer service representatives was great unlike some of the other companies who were not constantly calling and emailing me. Everything worked perfectly with Ship a Car Direct. The car got picked up exactly when promised and the level of service they provided was very high. It was an excellent experience, overall.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Nirmal! Thank you for giving us a positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I found on Consumer Forum that Ship a Car Direct has a very good rating. I thought they would be good and they have proven that. I got good service from them. I was satisfied with the customer experience and the way they responded to my calls. The carrier driver was also very good. During the pickup, he waited for my friend to come and he was very good with them. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to a friend or two.

Bruce and Ship a Car Direct were extremely helpful and professional. He explained the process, told me what to expect once the move was booked. The moving company arrived and the move was smooth as silk! They even arrived ahead of schedule. If I ever need to move a car again Bruce and Ship a Car Direct will be my first call. Would recommend to anyone who is planning to move a vehicle!

My experience with Ship a Car Direct was fantastic. They picked up the car and delivered it on time. My wife loaded the car and I was on the receiving end out in Los Angeles. Everything was fine. They're a great company and they did a really great job. Everybody was professional, quick and efficient. They stayed in touch with me along the way.

My car was the first car on the big truck that has 12 cars. When it arrived here, it had a hole in the condenser, obviously picked up a stone somewhere along the route churned up by the wheels of the truck and punched a hole. I had no air-conditioning when it got here. I've had the car for about a week driving it without air-conditioning. I'm just picking it up now at the DW Dealership, $1000 later with a new condenser and I'm not happy about it but I have not yet contacted Ship a Car about it.

My daughter lives in Georgia and I'm in Virginia. She had car issues, and needed to send it to our family mechanic. I went on ConsumerAffairs and started looking at different car companies and Ship a Car Direct was in the top three. I sent out a request for the three, and Ship a Car Direct was the first to respond. Then the second company that responded had a little bit higher price, so I just went with Ship a Car Direct.

Within two hours after I put in the system that I wanted to go with Ship a Car Direct, I got a call from the guy that was picking the vehicle up. And said that he scheduled to pick the car up tomorrow. And I was thinking that it was gonna be several days. He said, "Well, I'm actually two hours away. I can get it tonight." So, he actually picked it up the same day that I submitted the request, which was pretty awesome. Then he said it would take him a few days to get the car here. And literally, on that third day, he called and said he's 20 minutes away. I wish he could have called me an hour before because I was on my way to work. I had to turn around, go back and meet him. He couldn't find the place so I sent him the link and he found it. So, he met me there and it was a pretty quick service. I wasn't expecting it to be that quick.

We looked at different companies when we had to send a truck to Houston and we thought the person from Ship a Car Direct who dealt with us was reasonable and honest. We thought that we could trust him. And the driver who came here was also nice, very pleasant, and professional. He was good and explained everything. He dropped off the truck where my son is on time. And when I called him in between, he answered appropriately and also called me right back. It was a great experience. It was our first one and we were scared to send the car with an unknown person, but the truck they brought was really good. I'm happy and I will definitely recommend people to use Ship a Car Direct.

A lot of companies have sketchy reviews and Ship a Car Direct had the best reviews online so I used them when I was moving. The guy I dealt with was awesome. There was an ice storm so my car was delayed in getting here for about four days, but it wasn't their fault and they kept me in the loop. It was a good experience.

I was moving and Ship a Car Direct were very direct with the rates and the customer service they gave me was very good. I won't say they have the cheapest quote, but it's very competitive. Also, I really liked the service and it's very satisfactory.

Shipacardirect.com did a great job staying in contact and updating me where my car was at all times. They reached out when the car was supposed to be picked up and delivered and also had the driver stay in contact with me when he was arriving for pick-up and drop off. 5/5 stars. Great experience and definitely recommend for anyone shipping a car across the country or just a few states away.

Excellent from start to finish. Over two years you transported my daughter's brand new VW Golf from Wilton, CT to New Orleans, LA to San Francisco, CA back to Wilton, CT. Each time the communication was great, you were right on schedule, and you delivered the car in perfect condition. Thanks. I highly recommend your service.

The whole process was stress-free and problem-free. My car was picked up the next day!! The driver was very professional, kind and kept me informed. My car was delivered on time and damage free. I would definitely recommend this company. Thank you.

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile