2. Auto Transporters

Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that sets customers up with one of its pre-screened car carriers and answers any questions clients have about vehicle transportation. The company offers open and enclosed vehicle transport and accommodates any size of vehicle.

BOTTOM LINE

Ship A Car Direct works with a network of auto transporters to provide door-to-door car shipping. The company offers transport in open or closed carriers.

PROS

• Door-to-door shipping
  • No upfront deposit required
  • $500 built-in insurance

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top Ship a Car Direct Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my 2 cars. The rates were not very low or high. But selected them based on the reviews … The cars were delivered safely and much quicker. I am very pleased with the experience and will definitely use them again in future.

From start to finish the communication was excellent. The driver delivered our car once our plane landed. The experience was excellent and the driver so professional, friendly and helpful.

What is Ship A Car Direct?

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that connects customers with auto carriers. Ship A Car Direct offers door-to-door shipping and free estimates. You don’t need to provide any contact information to receive a rough estimate, though detailed estimates require additional information. Prices vary based on distance, vehicle type and time of year.

Ship A Car Direct cost

Costs vary based on several factors, but expect to pay $400 to $700 to move a sedan across several states and anywhere from $900 to $1,300 for a cross-country trip. The company charges up to 50% more for enclosed-carrier shipping, which helps protect valuable or antique cars — this is standard for most car shipping companies. To get a more accurate idea of what it costs to haul your car, use the quote estimator on the company’s website. For an exact quote, call and speak to an agent. Ship A Car Direct does not charge upfront fees.

Ship A Car Direct also offers $500 of insurance against damage. So, if a carrier damages your vehicle and its insurance doesn’t cover the damage or won’t pay, Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 of that damage.

Ship A Car Direct transport options

With Ship A Car Direct, you can personalize your auto transport to match your needs. The only exception is when it comes to the pickup and drop-off method. Ship A Car Direct only offers door-to-door shipping, not terminal-to-terminal shipping.

• Enclosed shipping: If you want your car to have extra protection during transport, opt for enclosed shipping. This means your vehicle is protected from the elements in a container. Open shipping, the default option, is cheaper but doesn’t offer as much protection.
  • Door-to-door shipping: Ship A Car Direct’s deliveries are always door to door, meaning it picks up your vehicle at your home and drops it off directly at its destination. It does not offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, which is when a carrier picks up your car at a nearby terminal and drops it off at another one close to your destination.
  • Cross-country shipping: Ship A Car Direct offers service throughout the U.S. (except Alaska), so you can move your vehicle cross-country if needed. Expect this to take between one and two weeks.
  • Interstate shipping: If you’re moving your vehicle across a few states, expect it to take from four days to a week.
  • Expedited shipping: If you need to ship a car at the last minute, Ship A Car Direct can handle it. Just keep in mind that it costs more than a move planned further in advance.

Ship A Car Direct FAQ

How does Ship A Car Direct work?
Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker, which means it works within its network to find you a reliable auto carrier. In return, you pay Ship A Car Direct a fee, which is typically worth it because an auto transport brokers’ expertise makes the experience much easier.
Does Ship A Car Direct have a damage-free guarantee?
Yes. If your car is damaged and the carrier won’t cover it, then Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 in damage.
Does Ship A Car Direct require an upfront deposit?
No. Payment isn’t required until Ship A Car Direct confirms your carrier and shipping dates.

Do we recommend Ship A Car Direct?

We recommend Ship A Car Direct — its customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and we also like that it provides rough estimates of how much it costs to ship a car without requiring contact information. That’s a rare feature among auto shippers. Its damage-free guarantee and door-to-door shipping are also standout features.

Ship a Car Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Original review: March 26, 2020

My vehicle was transported from Georgia to the state of Washington. Prior to that while looking for companies I came across yours on the Internet. When I called I spoke to Drumon in the name of Wade who is based out of Sacramento. He advised me of the procedure, what did I need to do and what to expect which I thought was very helpful and made me feel very comfortable. He’s a very people person. He also advise me of the pickup times and drop off time about where my vehicle will be dropped off at and not to worry. Picture felt very comfortable and closing your company was very professional and keep me apprised of everything prior to me accepting the contract with Ship a Car Direct.

I would advise anyone was planning on transporting a vehicle to go to your company. Review five stars. If there was a belly to give you 10 I would. I like also give kudos to once again Wade the broker in Sacramento California. Also the driver who drop my vehicle off was very friendly courteous And very professional. Thank you. Have a good day.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Having thoroughly researched several companies, I ultimately chose Ship a Car Direct to arrange the transport of a car from Los Angeles to the Boston area. Of all the brokers I talked to, they were the most informative, explaining the entire procedure and answering any and all questions I had. Within a day of accepting their quote, the vehicle pickup was arranged, only to be advanced to a day earlier at my request. The trucker was equally communicative and delivered the car an hour earlier than originally anticipated in order to accommodate my schedule on delivery day. To be sure, the entire experience exceeded my expectations, and I would not hesitate to recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Great communication with both the broker (Ship A Car Direct) and the carrier. They did not bombard me with texts and phone calls like some other brokers and carriers did. Helpful videos about the process. Somewhat useful app for documenting photos of the vehicle at pickup and delivery. Carrier was able to pick up one day early and delivered one day ahead of schedule, undamaged. Courteous driver. Price quoted was the price charged, and it was one of the lowest prices I was quoted (out of about 10 quotes received). I would use them again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I had a Hyundai Elantra 2010 (gray Color) Shipped from New York City NY, At 1st I thought there will be delays, because the Guy That was originally handling our shipping was out of the Company, But David Picked up our case and acted on it very quickly and efficiently. He coordinated the shipment from my Uncle's place in NYC and communicated with him. After about 5 days the car arrived in Texas safely, and damage free. As the Trailer truck is quite big - He parked at the main road and drove the car to the street and delivered the Car In front of our house. We were being updated while the vehicle was in transit. I could not ask for a better service. They were UP FRONT with the money transaction - NO hidden charges. I will Recommend to friends and aquiantances.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

This is the second time we have utilized Ship A Car Direct and both times we have been extremely satisfied. Christina in the office is a true professional who really cares. She is in constant contact with you throughout the process. Having never utilized car carriers in the past I was very nervous for the safety of my car. The driver who picked up “Black Beauty” from TAT Auto Trans, Inc was an experienced and hard working individual who worked into the evening making sure our car was safely onboard. Ship A Car has a great app that allows you to photograph the car from every angle prior to boarding the transport. Overall very happy. Car arrived safe and sound and I felt confident if anything did go wrong we would be covered.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I'm in Washington State and had to move my car from Pennsylvania to Kentucky. Set-up was easy. Pickup and delivery was prompt, professional, and as advertised. Communication was very good. I would highly recommend use of Ship A Car Direct. I would use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Ship-A-Car Direct was a fast and easy process. My car was on a truck about 4 days after I called and arrived 8 days later going from New York to California. Amazing customer service. Would definitely use again if I need to ship my car again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

This is my first time shipping a car. My rep is Renee. She is very helpful. My carrier is 247 Trucking LLC. I highly recommend it. Only thing I recommend first time shipper to be aware: Your carrier can be assigned at any time of your typical 5 day pick up windows, can driver can come in a few hrs.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I am more than pleased with the service and outcome of my car transport from California to South Carolina. Great communication and even arrived ahead of schedule. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Great company, great communication with me through the process especially with a slight weather delay, upfront about what to expect and access to an app to ensure that the vehicle was as expected when I received it.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information