toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Kathleen! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had an extremely excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct. I bought a car from a dealer that I've never met from upstate. My son and I bought it together for his older brother who needed one. It was my job to find the person who’ll transport it, and it didn't take very long before I realized that it is the transport organizer's job to pick out the right transporter. Ship a Car was more expensive than the other people, but my son wanted to get the best one out there and it wouldn’t have mattered what anybody else would have offered to do it for. The price that Ship a Car gave me was very fair. When it was all said and done, it was only $20 more than one of the other people that didn’t have near the reputation that Ship a Car offered. Their pricing was competitive and we were willing to pay extra to get something from Pennsylvania to Florida to make sure it arrived here in good condition.

The person that I talked with on the phone was courteous and polite. My son wanted to ask them if they could do any better with the price so I did. The rep said he'll find out and then gave me a callback and said, “Here's what we can do.” He was willing to earn my business. Then they got the carrier there the day after I called, which I was ready to wait a couple of weeks if need be and he got the car here two days later. So it was three days from the time that I called their rep and we were fortunate, we got a good carrier. I also watched their videos prior to even talking to anyone on their website and those are very convincing. We had a good experience with them and we certainly would use them again if we had anything to move anywhere. Everything went better than I thought it might.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Steven! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was moving from Seattle to Orlando and I needed to move my vehicle along with all my stuff. I went to Ship a Car Direct's web page and it's really forthcoming and frank on the state of business. Their rates are competitive with others, too. Once I submitted all the information in - what kind of car, where we're going - they got back to me with a quote pretty quickly. They did a really good job of explaining exactly how the process would go from there on. They told me that the actual shipper would contact me as opposed to them but they would still be available to answer questions.

They got me in contact with the actual person who transported the car and everything went really smoothly there. The person who transported the car was awesome. I had to fly out the day that they were supposed to pick it up and I ended up having a friend give the person the car. I talked them through and they walked me through all of that. The vehicle arrived on time and there were no damages. Then Ship a Car Direct contacted me again to make sure everything was all good and asked me if they can help. Ship a Car Direct has been fast and responsive, and from their website down to their personnel, they seemed to cut through a lot of the salesmanship of it all. It just really came down to exactly what was going on and I really appreciated that. Everything was about as smooth as you could hope it could be.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Hi, Having never used this type of service I had much trepidation. They were right on task and everything worked out great. I did not know they were a broker but the shipping company they contracted was just as efficient. I would use them again for sure.

After speaking with many brokers and carriers, I was even more nervous about shipping my car. I found Ship A Car Direct and liked Stefan from the start. He was friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and communicative. When I expressed concern about finding a carrier to pick up my car before my flight to NC, Stefan told me not to worry, that he was on top of it. My car was picked up on time, by a kind man named Mike, and delivered in perfect condition less than 48 hours after I arrived in NC. Excellent service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to ship your car, Hunter! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Needed to ship a classic car to a relative across the country and didn't know where to start. Matt from Ship A Car Direct was very accommodating and found me a great carrier who continued great service and communication along the way. I recommend this company to everyone looking for quality and professionalism.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Reza! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

My wife found a new job and she was moving so I have to ship one of my cars for her. I found Ship a Car Direct online and they had good online reviews which was important for me to make a decision. I called them directly to get a quote. It was a great experience. Ship a Car Direct had a 24/7 call center and was very responsive. I called them in the weekends and they picked up.

Their contracted trucking company, SK Trucking LLC, was very good. The driver was very respectful, very experienced, and they kept in touch all the way for that whole week that they were taking my car across the nation from Louisiana all the way to Oregon. I called them a couple of times like a few days before they started. The carrier came and picked up the car. I called them a few times around the delivery time too to see what the status was and when the exact date was. It took them about a week and a half to deliver the car. This would be my first time shipping a car and it went through very smoothly.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Hal! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

It's the first time we've shipped our car and Matt from Ship a Car was the contact person that I dealt with. I was talking to two or three other people, but he was the most professional. He answered all the questions and allayed any concerns that I had. He stayed in touch with me all throughout the procedure and he let me know in essence not to get excited if we didn’t hear from someone on a certain day and when it was going to be picked up. He was wonderful. The car was delivered four days later. We will continue to use the service both this summer when we ship a car back, and next fall when we ship a car back to Florida. Consider us sold on the service. It's outstanding.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your review, Amanda! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

The price was fair and the pick up and delivery were on time. One critique: I asked if my car was going to be moved to a different transport truck when it was picked up and was told "no." However, my car was delivery on a complete different vehicle. There was no damages and the entire process was easy to coordinate, but I appreciate honesty.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to ship your car, Manuel! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I received a very nice treatment from Ship a Car Direct so I decided to go back with them when I needed to ship my vehicle because of work. They gave me a nice quote and their rep, Gabby, was fantastic.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Kevin! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I live in Colorado and I was gifted a vehicle while I was visiting Massachusetts. I wanted to be there when my vehicle was picked up and Ship a Car Direct was able to meet my two-day pick-up window. I filled out an online form and they followed up with an email then I called them. The customer service rep told me it could take a couple of weeks when I first spoke to him to book it and my pick up-window was a few weeks out. Then I was a little nervous when we get about three or four days before the pick-up window started, but I called them up and he said he’d work extra hard and later that day he had an appointment scheduled for my pick-up. It was a very, very good experience and they kept in touch along the whole process making sure everything was okay. I really appreciated the level of customer service. A friend referred them and I would certainly refer them to somebody else.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Lynn! Thank you for giving us a positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

They were on top of the process the whole way through and kept us great communication which made us feel very comforted. I would definitely recommend this service and use them again as it was seamless.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Barb! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I was going on vacation and I wanted my car down there before me. Ship a Car Direct was a referral from a friend. And I also had read some positive reviews online about them. I talked to their rep several times and then quite a few email update exchanges. He kept me very well informed and seemed to be very knowledgeable, direct, honest and professional. I met with the driver as planned. We had communication to identify a location that he could pick up the car as well as drop it off. And that went all very well.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Ellain! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We needed to have a car shipped from California to Ohio, which is where my cousin goes to school. We went with Ship a Car Direct since their rate is a little bit cheaper, they were recommended by my friend, and it would only take them two to three days to get to Ohio from California, which is very quick. Their CS reps are really knowledgeable and responsive. From the day that I scheduled it, they kept me updated every day about when the car is going to be picked up. On the day of the pick-up, the carrier’s driver called three hours ahead of the time that they’re going to pick it up and when they got here, they called again. They're really smooth with all the process to get to the destination. They have really excellent services, the transit time is short, and the price is reasonable.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Asim! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I was purchasing a vehicle out of Portland, Oregon and needed shipping for it. I went with Ship a Car Direct due to their ratings and the reviews. The process was very easy. I booked with Scott, and he kept me in the loop of what was going on. He got a transporter and he gave me all the information. I also got the cellphone number and also got a phone call from the transporter, and we were able to schedule the time and meet up. Overall, everything was positive. Communication and honesty were definitely there, which for me, was the biggest thing because I've had vehicles transported before and there were days I was promised and they were never delivered, and in this situation, everything was as said. That was very important.

Resolution In Progress

Ship a Car Direct

We're glad to hear you got this taken care of Christopher, and apologies if there was any miscommunication with Angela over the phone. Angela works really hard to make sure she takes care of her customers as can be seen with her other reviews. We understand that shipping your car can be a very frustrating process, especially when there are tight timelines. If you ever have to go through the process again and want to give us another chance, we'll waive our fee.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Requested a quote online. Got a call within minutes to explain the process and how to put an order in. Angela was very nice and friendly at that point. Arranging my car pick up was critical and on a tight timeline. Was informed it could be done and I was more than happy with that. Waited several hrs and called back to see if I could get an update. Angela proceeded to tell me that my order was received but it would take at minimum 1 day to 3 to find a truck to transport my vehicle. Was rude and impatient that I called back so quickly. After the call I called other companies and they said they could find me a truck within a few hrs. So I called Angela back to cancel the order since I was on a very tight timeline. She was very rude on this call and snarky that I shouldn't expect to be helped on my timeline. She offered no more assistance and hung up very rudely.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Teshanda! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I'm in the military so I relocated and was referred to Ship a Car Direct by someone who was also in the military. I called in and spoke with a representative. He was really good, answered all my questions, sent me emails concerning my delivery on how it worked and always stayed in contact with me. Every time I reached out with an email or called, he always responded quickly or within the next hour and was very knowledgeable about what was going on. And once I got here, he still would check up on me and make sure everything was going good. It was a smooth process. I gave the instructions that my car was going to be at my parent's house and they spoke with my parents and made sure everything was taken care of. My car was delivered two to three days prior to the actual day that they said that it was going to be delivered so that was a plus.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Michael! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I purchased a vehicle from a different state, so I needed to move it to where I live. There's a lot of providers to choose from and some seemed a little more established, but I decided to choose Ship a Car Direct based on their internet appearance, the layout of their web page, the reviews, and the volume. Working with customer service was straightforward and seamless. They had good enough follow-ups without being overbearing. The driver was really good as well.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Kelly! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

We were bringing an employee in from Colorado and we needed to get his vehicle here in Florida. I checked a lot of feedback from other people online and everybody seemed to be very happy with the service they received from Ship a Car. They had a quick response time. I didn't start looking for someone until on a Monday, they picked the car up Thursday, and the car was delivered a day early, so it was great. I've read a lot of things about a lot of companies and was very nervous about dealing with anyone, but I found that the comments that I had found online were true about Ship a Car Direct. They were very reliable, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous, and kept me up to date.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Elaine! We are very pleased to hear that we made you happy with our service!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I had no idea how I was going to get my car to Georgia. Finding Ship A Car Direct was a huge relief. The price was fair, the men who picked up and delivered the car were polite, efficient and knowledgeable. Couldn't have asked for better. And I didn't have to drive south and fly back!

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Paul! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I was relocating then so I looked at an online rating and there was some positive commentary about Ship a Car Direct so I went with them. I did the quote calculation online which is convenient for me. So far, everything went well. I have no issues with Ship a Car.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Robert! Thanks for your positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Dealing with Ship a Car Direct was a seamless, carefree experience which I would/will recommend to anyone in need of this type of service. Representatives were available to speak anytime and the transport driver was in contact with us a full 24 hours before the estimated delivery. On arrival, we met the driver and took delivery of our vehicle without issue. An overall great experience.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Megan! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I used Ship a Car Direct before so I used them again when I moved. Their reps were all very positive and answered all my questions. Once I got assigned a carrier, they called and sent me a text message to keep me updated. It was a pretty easy and straightforward experience.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Lucy! Thank you for giving us a positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I've used Ship a Car Direct twice. Both times went smoothly and both the case handler and the carrier driver were courteous and accommodating. They kept in touch frequently and on both ends I had very specific instructions (even videos) so that I really didn't have questions by pickup and delivery time. They kept us aware of traffic delays (one end was Los Angeles) and when they were ahead of time estimates they gave us early updates so that we could adjust as needed. This saved me so much time and effort - I didn't call any other vendors the 2nd time. Highly recommend!

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Rebecca! Thank you for giving us a positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Ship a Car Direct was highly rated online and I had a good experience with them when I was relocating. It all had to do with my representative. He was a very good guy. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Jon! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I was looking to move to California from Georgia and I had initially considered driving but I've got a five-year-old son and that was going to be difficult for him. So I decided I'll have my truck transported and I looked at a lot of online reviews. I also went to my local dealership, asked them if they could recommend someone and they did. I was excited about their recommendation because I thought the problem was solved. However, when I went home and Googled the company, they got horrible reviews and I had a hard time finding even a list that was comprehensive. Finally I did and Ship a Car Direct was number one on that list. There was one other carrier who sent me a quote for $1,650, then I called Ship a Car Direct and they beat that price by about $100. I dealt with a guy named Eric over the phone and I felt very comfortable with him and just decided to go with him.

Initially, I was having some difficulties with getting a quote from them. They have a pricing cap on their website and I was trying to get my truck to a small town in California near Sacramento. It kept saying that there was a problem and wouldn't accept the ZIP code as input. Eric explained that it was because the carriers don't like to ship to these small areas, which is something I was unaware of, but makes sense really since they're dealing with such a big load. Eric also told me about the videos that they have on their website that could help to answer some of the questions I may have. He walked me through the entire process of how things worked and what to expect. He sent me a lot of emails, checking up with me and giving me updates on the driver. He's very friendly and very helpful.

The driver then picked the car up on the exact date. I was pretty surprised about that to be honest! I was totally expecting him to be a few days late. But he was not. He picked it up on the exact date, and he got my vehicle to me a day after the day that I requested it to be delivered. I realize that having a vehicle transported isn't a precise process so I was expecting to get my vehicle three to four days after the target date but it was picked up on the exact date and delivered only one day late. So overall it was a great experience!

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to ship your car. Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

Using Ship a Car Direct was a breeze. I had difficult experiences before shipping my car and this was definitely the easiest. They know exactly what they're doing and made the process so easy for me. I couldn't recommend these guys enough! Thanks again!

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Dennis! We are very pleased to hear that we made you happy with our service!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

They were exceptional from the time I contracted with them. They were in constant contact and the shipper kept in touch with me the entire trip from Florida to Wisconsin. They delivered as promised and I would use them again.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, William! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Call us if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

What a great experience. I was worried about shipping my car, but working with Ship a Car Direct they put my worries at ease. Pick up and delivery were on time and driver was a great guy. Would definitely use them again!!

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Ron! We are very glad to hear that we made you happy with our service!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I utilized Ship a Car Direct to transport my 2013 Porsche from Phoenix to Springfield, MO, and had no issues or damage. Their pre-ship explanations and advice were quite helpful, and everything went as described by the company. I have already shared this experience with other members of the PCA.

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile