toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My sister had gotten a car through my stepdad's name when she graduated high school. She decided to get married and move to Colorado where her husband is stationed. They got a new car and decided not to pay for it so to help my mom and my stepdad out, I paid it off and needed it shipped out here to Georgia. I was looking at the reviews and Ship a Car Direct seemed like the best bet and made it as the basis. Especially after I talked with Bruce, he was a lot of help and I really appreciated everything he did to help me out with it. I could call him on his direct number if I had any questions and he was always prompt in getting back to me. He gave me a call a couple of times to let me know what the next steps in the process were so that I was always updated. It was a great customer service experience for me.

The free quote was fine and it wasn't much different from what I ended up paying after. It was great and excellent for the amount of value of what was being shipped. It's not a new car but it was still something that I had to drop $2,000 into so I was really satisfied. I would most certainly recommend Ship a Car Direct and definitely use them again if I needed to have a vehicle shipped.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very satisfied with Ship a Car Direct. I did a lot of research before buying auto transport services. Ship a Car Direct was open and honest about the industry and explained how it works, shared their terms and conditions upfront (others wouldn't share until you had placed an order with them), had competitive prices - didn't take any money upfront, and made the process very easy. The staff on the reservation side, as well as the driver that took my car, were all very professional, top notch and easy to reach for any questions I had. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for auto transport services.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service was great from the first phone call to Eve to the delivery of the car with Larry. I liked the fact that I had Eve’s direct phone number and also Larry the transport driver’s number also. I would and have recommended their business to others. All I can say is that I would give them an 11 out of 10.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Got referred by a friend to use Ship Direct and we very satisfied. They delivered the car from California to Texas in great condition. They kept in contact on status of where the car was and when it would be delivered. Would definitely use them again if we ever had to ship another car.

Just a wonderful experience with this service. They helped us with the transport of our 2 cars from California to Illinois. The driver Mike was just fantastic. He went out of his way to ensure the entire process was painless. He even arrived at our new house before the expected ETA. David, our contact during the pre-sales process was also fantastic. He kept us informed every step of the way, and was always proactive in sharing advice to ensure a painless experience. Would definitely use them again for any future car transport needs!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved out of state and the original car transport agency had failed to transport my car. I was very desperate because I needed to get my car transported. I found Ship a Car Direct online and looked at their website and they had really great reviews. They were a backup for getting my car to another state. The quote they gave was fair. The customer rep was very respectful and upfront about all the cost that could possibly amount to, such as the shipping rate. He kept in contact with me constantly, whether, through a text message, email or phone call and never once was he rude. He was available to answer any questions that I had. They shipped everything on time and at a reasonable price. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct. If I move out of the state again, I'll definitely use them. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Shipping was great. From the first call, John help make the transition so easy, and texting and calls. Every step, pick up From Delray Beach to Atlanta Georgia the driver was so pleasant. I'm so impress and would recommend to all. Don't be worried. You're in great hands and they find the best drivers. Keep safe??? Rides.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ship a Car Direct did exactly what they said they were going to do, no more, no less. I was shipping a car to my daughter and I saw their webpage and it seemed they have their act together. I have used their online quote calculator and their price seemed to be reasonable and fair. I didn't have a lot of time so I chose them and made the deal happen. They didn’t explain the timing very clearly initially. But once I made the reservation I was committed to them. I knew when they were picking up my car, it is within a day or two because that's what it sounded like on the videos that they have shown. They actually have done it in three or four days, it still made the timeframe so it was fine for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Friendly office and clever website prepared me. Driver found morning after I registered. Car (Volt) arrived in NY for CA in four days. Constant communication. Very happy with whole experience. Price was what I expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my friends was helping me research and said that Ship a Car's reviews were the best ones. I was moving very abruptly from California to New York and Ship a Car had somebody pick my car up within two days and transported it very quickly. Moving can be stressful and it completely went seamlessly with Ship a Car. They were very helpful in a time of a quick moving situation. Their customer service representatives were very attentive and followed up with each step of the process to make sure that we were on the same page. The guy who did the transportation was phenomenal and kept me posted the whole way on what was going on. Every department worked really well together. They alleviated so much stress and so much work in the situation. I would recommend them again and again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My entire experience with Ship-A-Car Direct was amazing. The initial contact representative Kay was conscientious and exceptionally helpful. The app to document the vehicle condition before pickup was easy to use and much appreciated. The driver was friendly, courteous, and professional, and he inspired great confidence that RTS Trans Inc. would care for my car. The transport to California seemed quick, and the delivery was handled beautifully. I appreciate the follow-up email requesting a review, which reflected the company's concern for the highest standards of service. Based on this experience, I would enthusiastically recommend Ship-A-Car Direct to my family, friends, and colleagues who are considering an auto move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Shipping a car cross country can be a nerve-wracking experience. Matt was delightful to chat with. He answered all my questions, and was very reassuring. He kept me updated on the status of connecting me with a shipping company. The shipping company I was matched with was prompt with both pickup/delivery.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The transport of my car was amazing! We the first contact with Matt to the transport driver Dan. The car was shipped from Calif to Okla in a well communicated and caring way. I was very pleased with this company and would highly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently shipped a car from AL to CA with Ship A Car Direct. My broker, Bruce, explained the entire process. When I had a question, he answered it immediately by email and then if warranted followed up with a phone call. On delivery he phoned and texted both me and my son to double check the delivery time and address. We were put in direct contact with the carrier. I was very impressed with the overall customer service. If Bruce wasn't available, I was able to speak with another representative. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone knowing that they have excellent customer service to back up their internet presence.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I wanted to ship my new Audi A4 from LA to New York I looked at 2 of the big name Carriers. But when they gave me a quote and a few days later called to say they misquoted and the actual cost is going to be 30% more I thought a scam was in the making. I did an Internet search and I found SHIP A CAR DIRECT. The name wasn't appealing but the rating was excellent. When my wife asked what company I'm using to ship the car I was hesitant to tell her. Nevertheless I booked with SHIP A CAR DIRECT and they did a fantastic job along with the carrier CDI Express. The shipment was guaranteed by SHIP A CAR DIRECT and they delivered. The car arrived in perfect condition the very day they promised. I doubt the big name carriers would have done better and its cost was substantially less. A heartfelt thank you to SHIP A CAR DIRECT and CDI EXPRESS.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son was being transferred to New Jersey and shipping the car was the easiest way to move it without putting miles on it. Ship a Car Direct answered questions and got back with me faster than most of the other companies, which was more important. I’ve transported a couple of cars before and Ship a Car Direct's quote I was given was comparable. All in all, it was a great experience and I’d recommend them.

This was the first time I transported my car from Florida to Rhode Island. I have read so many bad reviews of transport that I was nervous about picking one to transport my car. Ship a Car Direct was great in helping me with the right transport. My car was picked up on time and the Driver was wonderful in keeping me updated on his schedule for delivery. I highly recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were very pleased with the transport of our vehicle from Indiana to Florida. Pick up & delivery were easy & punctual. Transport company was professional & courteous. I would recommend & use this Ship a Car Direct company in the future if needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

From start to finish we had a great experience with Ship A Car Direct. Bruce was very friendly on the phone, offered great advice and walked me through the whole process. He kept me up to date throughout the entire car travel. My carrier was just as responsive, even accommodated a location change at the last minute. I would recommend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was told what to expect in the shipment of my car. They kept me in the loop from day one to the end. Respectful and helpful with all my questions. I was given a timeline for pick up and drop off of my car. The day the driver was to pick up and drop off my car he called and gave me an hour to be there. Very happy with the experience. Price was comparable to other companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a car in Utah and I needed a carrier for it to get to California. Upon my research Ship a Car Direct has the least negative amount of reviews. I took a gamble and I picked them. I was satisfied and happy with them. Their online quote calculator really helped a lot because it's more convenient and less time was wasted by not asking for personal information. I don't have to call and be on hold, and the quote was fairly accurate too. Originally, I would get messages from Mark via email. I needed to talk to him in person so I called and I couldn't reach him. I did talk to another representative and he was nice and very knowledgeable. He helped me out with my problems and my questions. All in all, it was an excellent service, fast, reliable and fairly priced.

Ship a Car Direct was prompt, professional, and helpful every step of the way. My car was picked up and delivered on the days I requested, and without any problems. My questions were answered quickly and thoroughly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone shipping their car.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ship a Car Direct provided a very reasonable price and great service shipping my 2016 Lexus from Friendswood, TX to Spring Branch, TX. Pickup was on time as well as delivery. They kept me informed about status with no guessing. I would definitely use them again. Thank you!

Ship my car from Chandler AZ to New Haven CT. "Ship a Car Direct" offered a reasonable price and has well organized my order and followed up. Chosen carrier/driver was well experienced for pick up & delivery without an issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have a winter condo in Florida and I have a car down there that I wanted shipped up here to Illinois, where I was at for the summer. I went online and talked to a couple of companies, and the guy at Ship a Car Direct was straightforward. He provided all the information and was not bothersome in follow-up. Some years ago, I've done one other transport, and I figured for the price Ship a Car Direct was asking, it was about right for South Florida to the Chicago area. I had several phone calls with their customer service, checking and following up on the driver, and those interactions were good. The rep was timely in his response both through email and the phone, so that was encouraging.

The driver was great too. He was on-time and was a really good communicator. I had a friend release the car in Florida for me and he was very positive about the driver. And then when I met the driver here at my destination, we chatted and he was a really good communicator. I got the information of his trucking company and if I had to do it again, I'd probably go directly to them. Overall, I'd recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I couldn't be more happy with the service I received from Ship a Car Direct. All of the information that I was given regarding the process was accurate. Gaby and Jerry followed up with me countless times. They have an app which you can use to take pictures of your car for accountability measures. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, Lisandro, the transporter brought my car to airport for since I was in a bit of a dilemma. I recommend this company if you want professional and courteous service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I changed my job so I had to move to another state. One of my colleagues gave me a good review of Ship a Car Direct. Their quote and all those online features were pretty good compared to the others. I checked with my colleague, talked to other competitors and thought that Ship a Car Direct had a good deal and the response was also really good. I worked with one of their customer service representatives and he explained to me how much it was going to cost and how much time I would have to wait. Everything was clearly said and it was done as per whatever initial discussions we had. If I need to do it again, I would do it with Ship a Car Direct.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving due to a military change of station. I had three cars but could only drive two of them. There was another company that had given me a quote, which I accepted, but they never delivered. So it was kind of short notice when I contacted Ship A Car Direct. They just gave me a true rate upfront and not have to be on the hook. Their customer service representative gave me a call and a price. He said an amount more than the other company I’d gone through. So I was sure about that point the other company just low-balled me to get me on the hook and then come back and ask for more money. I didn't want to go through the process so I just took Ship a Car Direct's quote. And they were really good. I was calling them one day, about one o'clock in the afternoon and the next day, there was a driver at the door picking up the car. Overall, Ship a Car Direct was pretty quick about setting up transport and successful in getting me out of a jam.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving across the country and Ship a Car Direct had positive reviews so I took the chance. Eve was responsive and their online quote calculator ended up being higher than the way it actually happened. Also, they were excellent, efficient and customer friendly. It was seamless and I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct to local people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We shipped a car due to a move from Maryland to Arizona and used Ship a Car Direct. The quote I got was a little bit on the pricier side but I was looking to having no hassles. I talked with Ship a Car Direct for about four times because the car was brought earlier than expected. When I asked them what's gonna happen since the car was already there, they were on a ball about it and then I got the person they contracted to do the job 10 minutes after. But other than that, I got the car all fine and the level of service has been excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our very first experience in shipping a car. David is very prompt in answering and returning our calls as well as our inquiries/concerns. Including the rest of the staff and their carrier did a very good job! Made our shipping a car a lot easier, less stress, and worries. Job well done, very commendable! One of your happy customers. Keep up the good work!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First time shipping a vehicle. Ford Edge from Nevada to Indiana. Researched for a month asking friends, online etc. I'm so glad I found Ship a Car Direct! I immediately knew I had found a service I was starting to think didn't exist. Customer service especially Eve was exceptional! They held our hand through the process - we were about 3 weeks ahead of our pickup date. The transport company (Foremost Transport) they sent us were professional including a very pleasant driver (Bufford) who coordinated with us for pickup and delivery times. We weren't inconvenienced at all. Our car arrived in one piece just a little dusty. That's all we really want isn't it? A service that has pleasant people to deal with and delivers your possession as they say they will at a reasonable price. They weren't the cheapest but fair with no hidden charges. Absolutely 5 stars!!

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile