Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The car was going cross-country and we had to base our decision on which auto transport company to go with on the conversations that we had with people in the industry. We used Ship a Car Direct for two reasons: first, they were one of the recommendations that I received when I reached out to my friends on this matter and they said that they had used this company before, and second, the Ship a Car Direct reps were very clear and direct when we spoke with them. It was great communication with them from minute one and they made things simple and easy. We felt comfortable going with them.

I relied on the person that we contacted at Ship a Car Direct for a quote, and I was able to get a quote without committing to anything. He gave us a general quote based on the time frame and the distance, and it was marketable. Based on other quotes I had received and what my friends were saying, I knew where I was in the ballpark.

We got to meet the transport driver when he called us with enough time, and we set a meeting place that was convenient, just 20 minutes from our home, and he met us at the time that he stated. He inspected the car and was very pleasant and quick, then he took the car, and we were on our way within 10 minutes. The driver had assured us that the car would get to the destination on time, and it did. The auto transport went smoothly. The whole shipment, from the first phone call until the delivery of the car, took 10 days in all. It was an excellent experience. Overall, they were reliable and pleasant, and we were confident that the car would get there in one piece and on time.

We were moving in the middle of winter and didn't want to drive our cars so I shipped them thru Ship a Car Direct. I had called about four different companies and the rep at Ship a Car Direct was by far the clearest and the most personable. He seemed straightforward and genuine. I ended up feeling more confident because I heard more and understood more with the rep so I chose Ship a Car Direct. I was so reluctant and so scared and I'm not an easy customer, but I felt that I was in good hands from the beginning to the end with them. I felt that they were responsive when we had questions.

The driver was also fabulous and couldn’t have been nicer. I've never seen anyone drive a vehicle that big which was bigger than the ones one sees with brand-new cars. He must have been exhausted, but he was so kind and so helpful. It was dark when we picked up our cars so we needed a few days to sit with it, look around it, experience it in the daylight, and make sure everything was okay. And both were absolutely fine and nothing was wrong with either car. It also meant a lot to us that we could ship some things in our car. That's a dicey thing and sometimes it's up to the driver if one can add weight, but we really appreciated that we were able to do that.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Ship a Car Direct performed the way I wish all providers would, with care, honesty and exactly the way they promised. I was kept informed of each change of status from initiation of the order to delivery. Mr. **, our driver, was in contact with me from just before pick up and at key points prior to delivery. He exercised extreme care with my car and it arrived in perfect condition. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Very professional company from the initial contact to the end. My vehicle was picked up on time and after I was kept in constant communication as to the arrival date in Georgia. I recommend this company for their auto transport needs.

Shipping 2009 Lexus from MI to CA - We had a very smooth transaction with Shipacardirect.com. John helped us and kept in touch with us every step of the way till the delivery and made sure there were no issues. He was also available after hours and responded to all our questions. We felt very comfortable sending our car and we would do it again in future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving from another state because of my job. I called Ship a Car Direct and I liked the services they offered me. Everything was very easy, and whenever I had a question, Matt helped me a lot on that. The driver called me from the delivery and pick-up location and it was good. They did the service within the time frame that they said so I was happy.

This was not the first time using Ship a Car Direct. We worked with Angela to ship our 2010 Camaro and it went flawlessly. We decided to use Angela again for the shipment of our 2014 Kia Forte. Pickup was on time and without hassle. Arrival at destination went without a hitch. We would use Ship A Car Direct again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’re temporarily relocated to Florida and we’ve been using a rental car for a while so we decided to just ship our car. I had been thinking about doing this for a while and I have gotten estimates several months earlier from other companies and when we finally made the final decision, we went with Ship a Car Direct because their estimate was reasonable and there were some very informative videos on their website. During the course of the transport, when I had any questions about arrival times or anything like that, the people at Ship a Car immediately got back to me. Dealing with the carrier driver went very smoothly and the delivery was perfect. The hardest thing for me was I could’ve done this when I was back at home in December and I didn’t. So, I had to have my sister deliver the car to be picked up, which I was worried about. And from her comments, she said it couldn’t have been easier.

The service (shipping 2015 VW Touareg) was exactly as expected, on time and on quote. Would recommend to my friends. You could go cheaper but Ship-A-Car gives you peace of mind because they have already weeded out sub par shippers for you so you do not have to do the research for yourself.

I planned on driving my car from Seattle to North Carolina and a week before my trip plans changed and I needed to find a way to ship my car direct. I admit, I was skeptical at first, but with one phone call, I spoke with Eric at Ship A Car Direct and my car was scheduled for pick up 2 days later. Eric and my driver were very kind and kept me informed. My driver was very responsive and did a great job making me feel that my vehicle was in good hands over numerous text messages. Six days later my car was parked out in front of my new home in North Carolina. Overall, it was a great experience and I would happily ship again or recommend a friend to ship their car through Ship A Car Direct.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving cross-country and needed to ship my vehicle. Ship a Car Direct had really good reviews. I used their free quote thing online and then when I called them, they were extremely helpful. They quoted me about a month earlier and then I decided to actually go ahead and ship the car with them and they honored that price. This was my first car that I've ever shipped and I was making it more complicated than it needed to be and their reps were there to answer every single one of my questions. Then their carrier driver was there to pick it up and he was courteous, answered some of my questions and was more thorough than I was, which was great. So overall, they made it extremely easy for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving to Phoenix so I wanted my car shipped. It was in Ohio. I went online and I was comparing different companies, and then I selected Ship a Car Direct. The transport organizers explained things to me. Whenever I needed help, they were available. The carrier driver informed me when they'd be bringing the car. Everything went smoothly and my experience was good. I’ll recommend Ship a Car Direct to a friend.

This is the second time I used Ship A Car Direct. The site was very easy to use to place my order. I received carrier confirmation within 5 days of placing my order. Excellent communication throughout the whole process via timely emails and text messages. The driver was excellent and delivered the car ahead of schedule. I appreciate the follow-up call and email after delivery of my car. If I have to ship another vehicle, I will definitely use Ship A Car Direct.

Working with Ship a Car Direct was easy and hassle-free. They did an excellent job of explaining the process and answering my questions. Then, they connected me to a trucker who was courteous and reliable. He showed up to pick up and deliver my car on time, always calling in advance. In a nutshell, Ship a Car Direct delivers!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to ship my car across the country for work. I had very little time to handle the logistics and found Ship a Car Direct online. I got a good quote and had fine interactions with the representative. They got my car here really quickly. It took them four or five days which is a very short time.

From start to finish my experience with Ship A Car Direct was outstanding. Staff provided excellent information, arranged a carrier who pick up the car on time, transported it and delivered in great condition on time. Well done.

Kosta handled my shipment and did a fantastic job. He took care of the few issues that arose with the shipper and inspired confidence in the process. This was a shipment that went from coast to coast. It was also the first time I have shipped a vehicle.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My fiancee was moving back to California from Woodstock, Maryland, and I needed to ship a vehicle. I went with Ship a Car Direct because I've used them before to ship a car here and I had used them once to ship my son's car across the country. The quote that they gave me was fine and competitive. It was pretty straightforward with the customer service rep. I was able to contact most the time the gentleman that was looking for the truck and the driver, so it was fine. The driver wanted a little bit more money. So the dispatcher took a little bit less on his end, and that was good. The drivers that arrived there were friendly and they were able to take a few more things for a price. They usually do this, so it worked out.

This was our first attempt at shipping a car and with Scott's direction and assistance. It went very smoothly from pick up in Florida to delivery in Connecticut. It was arrived in perfect condition and we will not hesitate to use their service again, should the need ever arise. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was relocating from California to Washington. I found some good reviews about Ship a Car Direct and the quote I got was pretty competitive. Their customer service communicated at every stage which was a good thing. They kept me posted about the progress and that has helped. I blocked at the very last so it was pretty helpful for me that they could help me in the next 48 hours because I did not get the service from the one where we block from. I called them very late and they were responsive. The driver kept me posted, too. They took my car and delivered in 3 days and my vehicle condition was in the original form. Overall, the experience was very good and seamless.

Great service. Angela was very helpful with our first auto shipment. Great price for a peace of mind. She set us up with All Around Transport and you couldn't ask for a better transport company. The car was picked up on time and delivered the next day 800 miles away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was too far away to drive my car from South Carolina to Nebraska so I decided to have it shipped. I found good reviews about Ship a Car Direct so I called them and they offered me a quote. In the end, what I paid was very close to the initial quote they've given. The transport organizer is a busy guy. He sent me a couple of emails, but I had to wait a couple of days for an answer. But he let me know that he was trying to get in contact with different drivers and told me to be patient. So, I knew ahead that I had to wait. However, the carrier driver had mechanical problems on Friday and they had to wait until Monday to pick up my car. He said that one of the long axes of his truck broke and he had to take it for mechanical repair, and it took three days to get it done. Other than that, everything was very nice and he delivered the vehicle in perfect condition.

This is the second time I have used Ship A Car Direct to transport a car. Both times they did a great job arranging the pick-up within the designated timeframe and then delivering the car in perfect condition to the destination. I'm a happy customer!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their quote was reasonable. I thought I'd give Ship a Car Direct a try after seeing good reviews about them. I was relocating due to my job and the move was more than 3,000 miles away. The interactions with their representative were quite good. They were updating me periodically. My car arrived on Monday. I identified the courier and I had all the questions regarding the insurance and they answered everything. After that, they asked about whether I got the car. The follow up was there even after the car was picked up. On the whole, I was happy with the service provided by Ship a Car Direct.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a car at an auction and needed it shipped from Raleigh to Pennsylvania. I found Ship a Car Direct on Google and saw a couple of ratings, too. We used the free quote calculator and the quote I was given was fair. It also helped me in making a decision to go with them. Their rep was very honest about the price and helped me, and the driver was also good. The first company that I went with was too low and I couldn't get the car shipped quick enough.

We were kept informed at all times. The people were friendly and informed. Our car was pick up on time and transported to RI without any problem. It was transported in a closed trailer and arrived in great shape. We will use this service anytime we have our car shipped.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The vehicle was purchased from one location and needed to be brought to where I was at, which is roughly 600 miles. I'd used Ship a Car Direct in the past and everything went well so I used them again. They are faster than the other people estimated. I got a fair quote and everything went great. There were no hiccups, delays, or surprising hidden fees, and everything went as scheduled. The level of service provided was a hundred percent and professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I inherited my mother's car and had to ship it as she was out of state. I went online and Ship a Car Direct's website looked more informative than the others. So, I felt more confident with them. The online quote was too high originally but I called back and we came up with a strategy to put it in a lower quote, wait a little bit, and we were successful. Their customer service representative was fine. And it seemed like the car got picked up pretty quickly. I got a call saying that somebody would be able to pick up the car right away. So, it all happened pretty fast once we've lowered the price. Everything worked out fine and I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to a friend.

We love Ship a Car Direct. They take the guesswork out of the process of shipping your car. We used them the first time on our move from Atlanta to Seattle. Everything went so smoothly that when it was time to move from Seattle to Los Angeles, we didn't hesitate to call them back. This is the easiest decision you'll have to make if you're facing a challenging interstate move.

I contacted John at Ship a Car Direct on Mon., April 3rd, to request a car transport. The car was picked up that same afternoon and delivered in Southern CA Wed morning. The car was in the same condition as when it left WA state and we could not be happier with the speedy turnaround. Great service - better than I imagined. Will recommend you guys to everyone who needs a car transported. Thanks again!

Everything went perfect. Great communication between all parties involved. The 100% damage free guarantee was the reason I chose this shipper and it all went to plan. Car arrived on time with zero damage. I would absolutely recommend Ship A Car Direct.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was moving across country for a job and I got a good and reasonable quote from Ship a Car Direct. Their quote process was definitely good. There were other companies that required to put in all information and I didn't even bother with them. I spoke on the phone a few different times with the rep Eric because he was pretty thorough and good. He followed up to make sure everything was going smoothly. He was really great, very helpful and polite.

Overall, the level of service provided was good. Everything seemed to run pretty smoothly, except for the delivery and pickup windows, which were a moving target because they can't give me a specific time of when they were gonna be there. There were a couple of times they called early and asked if they can show up early and then it's gonna be another couple of hours. I was able to accommodate that because I haven't started the job yet. But if someone had a tighter schedule then that may be a little trickier. At any rate, everything turned out great. I got the car on time and everything was fine. I'd recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile