4.89/5
Based on 834 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video
ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

2692 Ship a Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I had an accident in Naples, Florida and needed to transport a 2014 Cadillac Escalade. My insurance agent found out about Ship a Car Direct and he referred it to me. When I called Ship a Car, they told me that they were gonna find the right transport company and that they would tell me how much they wanted to charge. The amount quoted was just about right and it was exactly what I paid in the end. They told me that the vehicle was being picked up on a Monday and that I would have it at my door Thursday. And it actually got to me on Wednesday. The day before, the transport company called me and they told me that they were already in San Antonio and that they would deliver it Wednesday morning which they did.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

Ship a Car Direct takes the stress out of shipping a car. I have used them three times and have had no problems. They are there to make sure the transporting of your car is done in a timely and efficient manner. Would use them again for sure.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We really appreciate Renee's help in picking up an order to ship our two cars quickly when another carrier failed to show up. She gave us a competitive quote, found a driver, and Levan even showed up that night! He delivered the cars a day early and they were in great shape - a little dirty, but we expected that. Thanks again for the great service from Ship-A-Car DIrect!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I recently moved a car, a Ford Escape, from Arizona to New Jersey using Ship a Car Direct. I have used them before. Everything was done online. I spoke to the reps once to confirm the dates or the time and everything went well. I used the free quote calculator and the actual amount was right on. The driver called the night before and we arranged the time. He was there within an hour or so of the time and everything went well. They delivered and I was very satisfied.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I would definitely use this company again to help with the transport of my vehicle. David ** was very helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and willing to answer all and any questions I may have had. He returned my calls and answered my emails in a prompt manner. I always felt like I had an advocate in dealing with the transport carrier as it pertained to pick up and delivery information.

Hello Teresa,

We are so glad to know your car transport went smoothly. Thank you for sharing that David has been very helpful, he will surely be happy to hear about your feedback. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was moving from Puerto Rico to Houston and I didn’t want to drive my Mazda 6 all the way from Fort Lauderdale to Houston. I did a lot of research and Ship a Car Direct seemed to be an honest company and they gave me the best price. I talked to Stephen and he was really good. He was very knowledgeable and he was good at doing the work. I gave the type of my car, the address it was coming from, and the address it was going to be delivered to.

He always kept in contact with me by email, phone, and text message. He started with who was going to pick my car up for me. Also, he sent the quote via email, which was the exact amount I paid at the end. The carrier communicated with me every day about the status of the car and where he was. He called me when he transferred the car from Jacksonville Port to Houston and on the day he was going to drop the car in Houston. Ship a Car Direct was really good. I can recommend them to whoever wants to ship a car. I have a friend who’s coming from Puerto Rico to here in Houston and she contacted the company to also ship a car from Jacksonville to here.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I was very pleased with my recent car shipping. Jennifer was extremely honest with me about everything. I was nervous but it went great. My driver Tom was also fantastic. I will definitely use Ship a Car Direct again in the future.

Hello Mark,

We are happy to know you were pleased with the service we provided. Jennifer has always been consistently great in assisting our customers and she deserves a commendation. Looking forward to serve you again!

Original review: April 15, 2018

The process was professional from beginning to end. Jennifer communicated throughout the whole process, carrier was prompt and even delivered a day early and was responsive in coordinating the West Coast pick up with my son. We will definitely be using/recommended this service if need be!

Hello Jennifer,

We are glad to hear you were satisfied with how the transport of your car went. We will surely commend Jennifer for doing a great job in communicating with you and assisting you. We appreciate your recommendations and thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 14, 2018

We were delighted with the prompt scheduling and pick up of our last minute transfer from Houston to Phoenix. John the broker was transparent in his work to find a qualified driver. Jim the driver called and was a gentleman. Car was delivered on time in great shape. Last minute transfer cost $250 for broker and $500 for the driver.

Hello Tucker,

We are also delighted to know that your car was delivered in great shape. It was our pleasure to have served you. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 14, 2018

The service is good and on time, we can suggest this to anyone. There is accuracy in the timing and good service, once the truck is assigned then you can believe that your package will be arriving as per their suggested date.

Hello Sivakumar,

We are happy to know your car was delivered safely and in a timely manner.

Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Ship A Car Direct came through with only a couple of hours left before my drop dead deadline to fly out of state -- and at the start of a holiday weekend, no less. Eve came through -- just like she promised. She even split the bid-up cost with me to get a driver to take the car over the holiday. That's whatever-it-takes service! I shipped two cars with Ship A Car Direct in the last two months and Eve was great both times. I highly recommend this company if you want to ship a car.

Hello Mark,

We are happy to know we were able to provide you a wonderful experience. Glad to hear Eve did a great job as well. We appreciate your recommendations. Thank you so much for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 11, 2018

This was a great experience to have Ship A Car Direct to ship my car. They picked up my car really on time and deliver it even little earlier than I expected. During the shipping, they also kept communicating with me and kept me posted about the current status of my car. I really appreciate their assistance and so satisfy with their professional performance.

Hello Guosong,

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service we provided. We are also happy to know that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 10, 2018

First time customer for Ship a Car Direct. Skeptical at first, however the price was very reasonable and service was courteous. Had no issue at all along the way. Delivery was smooth and car arrived on time. Would do business again in near future. Highly recommended.

Hello Jeff,

We are glad to hear that there were no issues encountered in transporting your vehicle. Happy to hear you had a wonderful experience as our first time customer. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! Looking forward to serve you again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Best price and best people to work with. Ship A Car Direct is very professional, gives you plenty of resources along the way and are easy to work with. I shipped my car from CA to VA and had no issues. It arrived in a timely manner and in the same great condition it left in.

Hello Brielle,

We are happy to know that your car has been delivered in a timely manner without any issues. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have to admit Ship a Car Direct asked more than the average quotes I received after filing my request on a quote website. Actually, Ship a Car Direct didn't contact me at that time. But after the first shipping company bailed me, I called them and got shipping arrangement on the same day. The driver is responsible too. Called and messaged to make sure the address and contacted me when he couldn't get in touch with the buyer. (I sold my car when I moved to another state and shipped the car to the buyer as it's an EV.) After a whole morning regretting that I didn't check reviews before selecting a shipping company and considered only cost, I have to say I would rather pay more to get my car shipped.

Hello Weiyi,

We are happy to know were were able to help you in transporting your vehicle.

Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I've used your competitors before and you guys are by far the best. Very happy with my experience. The vehicle was delivered on time as promised in a covered trailer with other luxury cars. I was very impressed.

Hello Scott,

We are glad to know that you were very happy with your experience using Ship A Car Direct! We are also happy to know that you were impressed with the service we provided. Thank you so much for trusting us!

Original review: April 9, 2018

The auto was picked up earlier than anticipated by courteous and friendly drivers, delivered in less than 72 hours from California to Florida on a multiple car transport, and arrived in clean and perfect condition.

Hello Larry,

We are happy to know your car was delivered in perfect condition. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I’ve used Ship a Car Direct twice now and am happy with both experiences. Matt is very personable and straightforward. Both transport companies he found for me were prompt and courteous. I would not hesitate to use Car Direct Again.

Hello Lawrence,

We are glad to hear that Matt did a great job in assisting you with your car transport. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct and we are looking forward to serve you again!

Original review: April 9, 2018

John was my rep who helped me with two shipments within a week of each other. He was amazing and super easy to get in contact with. It was my first time ever shipping a car so having him there as a resource really helped me be less nervous about the entire process.

Hello Mallory,

We are delighted to hear about how amazing John was in assisting you with your car transport especially it was your first time transporting it. We will surely commend him for a job well done. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 8, 2018

A friend had given us a Volvo XC90 SUV and they lived across the country. We decided that instead of driving it across the country, we would ship it to reduce the mileage. There were just very positive reviews on Ship a Car Direct and it seemed that they were on top of things. I had a very good interaction with their reps and I felt that their expertise was excellent. We had quotes from other companies that were plus or minus $200 and I thought the quote Ship a Car gave me was very reasonable. Their quote was within $50. The delivery of the vehicle came in early at around 6:15 in the morning. My wife was able to do an inspection and the car started up fine. There was also no hassle.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I needed to ship a regular four-door sedan from one city to another. My friend referred me to Ship a Car Direct and the interaction I had with the rep from Ship a Car Direct was good. He was excellent in terms of expertise and I was able to take advantage of their free quote calculator with the pricing and the actual quote in the end came out close by around $50. The total transport took five days and the delivery experience was great.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I've never shipped a car before, and was very nervous. Called several shippers that promised the world but could not deliver. Ship A Car Direct shipped my car for reasonable price with great customer service. Would definitely use them again.

Hello Greg,

We are happy to hear you had a great experience with Ship A Car Direct. It was our pleasure to have assisted you in your car transport. Looking forward to serve you again! :)

Original review: April 5, 2018

We needed to transport our car From Rochester, NY to Scottsdale, AZ. We are very happy we chose Ship a Car Direct. Communication during the process was excellent as they picked up the car when they said they would and delivered the car as promised. The carrier Ideal Express Car Carrier was equally excellent. Would use them again if needed.

Hello Richard,

We are glad to know that you were happy with your transport experience.

Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! Looking forward to serve you again

Original review: April 5, 2018

Very pleased with the service I received. The process was extremely easy and the personnel of Ship A Car Direct kept me informed of every step. The shipper that they picked was excellent and efficient. My car arrived a day before it was scheduled, which was great!

Hello Martin,

We are happy to know that you were very pleased with your transport experience. Thank you so much for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I had a car which I gave to my niece as a birthday gift. However, I live in Houston, Texas and she lives in Saint Louis, Missouri. I looked at three different transport companies. My top criteria was how much it was going to cost because that’ll throw it out if it was too much. Second was how they're going to handle it , insure it, who’s driving it and how long it takes. And then the third level is how well the person was going to be to interact with in doing the whole deal. Ship A Car Direct met all three of them so I went with them.

I submitted an online request for a price and got a response. I waited some time and I repeated that process, got another response and the second price was lower than the first. I was able to take that quote without speaking to a person that was trying to sell me a service. I was able to go online and look at other companies and see what their fees were and compare them. I did a Google search and looked into how the system works, how they contact shippers, how middlemen and their fees work as they contact the driver, how they load it, and what kind of transport it's going to be. I also looked into the insurance and how they're going to cover and inspect it. I talked to the rep on the phone and he wasn’t like a salesman. He was direct and straightforward. I like that process and so everything was up to my expectations when I called.

After investigating the three, Ship a Car Direct seemed to have the best ability to track the shipment, the best driver, online service and the contact people. Also, it felt that everything was upfront regarding the fees, how the system works, how they're going to handle the transport and who's going to drive it so I trusted them. It was very informative with the videos.

However, the car arrived earlier than expected so I had to hurry up and make arrangements for somebody there to receive the car. I paid the middleman fee in advance via credit card and the second half of it was when the driver delivered the car. The car was inspected then the driver was paid with either a cashier’s check, not a personal check, or cash. But, it was still a top notch service and they handled things excellently. I'd recommend them.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I needed to have my father's car shipped as he was moving from Oklahoma to Arizona. I read positive reviews from Ship A Car, so I decided to give them a try. They had excellent customer service and prices. I could not be happier with the service I received. We shipped the car on time for less than I expected. I highly recommend them.

Hello Troy,

We are delighted to hear about your fantastic experience with Ship A Car Direct! . We appreciate your high recommendations.Thank you so much! :)

Original review: March 30, 2018

Easy to book. Excellent communication. Shipped car RI to AZ, and even though 26" of snow closed I-95 on pick up day, the carrier stayed in contact, and delivered our vehicle a day earlier than expected.

Hello Stephen,

We are happy to know you had a wonderful experience. Glad to hear your car was delivered earlier than expected despite of the weather condition. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: March 27, 2018

They were great to work with and the customer rep was really nice and helpful. They always checked up to make sure I am satisfied and were friendly with their dealings. Definitely recommend them. You will not regret.

Hello Firas,

Glad to here you were satisfied with the service we provided. Thank you for your recommendations and thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: March 27, 2018

Ship a Car Direct made shipping my vehicle a stress free part of my move. Their pricing was extremely competitive and their customer service exceeded expectations. I was kept apprised of the status of my order throughout the process and my vehicle was picked up within the date range I requested. The carrier utilized was professional and courteous and my vehicle arrived at the destination two days earlier than expected. I highly recommend Ship a Car Direct!

Hello Kevin,

We are happy to know that the transport of your vehicle was stress-free. We appreciate your high recommendations. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Great job, I was very happy with the entire process. Car was clean and delivered on time. I will use them again and will also tell my friends. Kosta was a big help, quick to return calls even on weekends.

Hello Roger,

We are glad to know that you were happy with the entire process. We will surely commend Kosta for a job well done. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Ship a Car Direct expert review by Lauren Fix

Ship A Car Direct has been shipping cars for customers since 2008. They changed their name from Honesty First Auto Transport, which emphasized the importance of honesty to them, in order to make their services clearer to customers.

• Free added insurance of $500 on every order: Every carrier they use carries the standard insurance coverage for any damage during transit. Ship a Car Direct also offers an additional $500 on every order – free of charge.

• Door-to-door transport: Ship a Car Direct loads your vehicle at your home or other location, transports it on one carrier and unloads it at the new address you specify. You don't have to worry about multiple modes of transport or about where to arrange pickup or delivery when you use this company.

• No upfront fees: Ship a Car Direct does not charge you any fees to place your order. There is no payment due until the carrier who will pick up your vehicle is confirmed.

• Short lead time: If you need to move a vehicle at the last minute, Ship a Car Direct does its best to accommodate your request. At the most, you'll have to wait one to two days to get the process started.

• Cross-country moves available: Ship a Car Direct offers service throughout the USA (except for Alaska), so you can move your vehicle across the country if you need to.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small business owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information