4.86/5
  • 1 star
Based on 873 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

2486 Ship a Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Ship A Car Direct made the transport of my Toyota easy. They stayed in touch throughout the process and provided an easy to use app to document the car's exterior before shipping. There was no damage. The process was fast and efficient. I recommend using Ship A Car Direct.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased my SSR through a dealer in Austin, TX and needed it delivered to my home in Northwest Arkansas. Ship A Car Direct picked it up and delivered it on time and in excellent condition. Their driver kept in contact with me throughout the entire process and there were no surprises. The quote was fair and I paid what I was quoted. Couldn't be more pleased.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My car was picked up and shipped in an open truck, midwest to coast. No problems, great service, driver called a few hours before picking up, so I could plan my day. He took great care, and was very professional. On the receiving end it worked the same, 2 hours notice to drop off. Everything was just as I had hoped, and I paid the price originally quoted.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I was moving and I chose to use Ship a Car Direct through a friend’s recommendation. My interaction with their customer service was very good. Their rep was very professional and seemed to have a general interest in trying to get my call over as soon as possible. But the quote I got online is not accurate of the final quote I got. It was much lower than the actual price I have to pay at the end. Overall, my experience with Ship a Car Direct was very good.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

** HONEST Review! This is my first ever review on any business. I am taking the time to share my terrible experience regarding Ship-A-Car Inc. I thought they were a superior company - I was left with anxiety for the entire process. More voicemails and "I'll get back to you" than REAL people. My experience with Steve ** was at first pleasant and I was consistently told things were under control and I should be at ease. Even after explaining that car shipping was new to me, I was ensured that Steve and Ship-a-car would make the process smooth.

This information was EXTREMELY FALSE. I am now being told: "Once we get the truck driver, the rest is up to you. Things go wrong, it is not our responsibility." It's like "if a plane doesn't take off, it's not our fault"- what??? CONS: No communication/incorrect windows of time for pick-up & drop-off. Was called late at night by the Truck Driver telling me they CANNOT ACCESS RESIDENTIAL BLOCKS. I was not told this prior and my father-in-law had to drive the car to a new destination and take an UBER home. No one in the office seems to communicate needs with each other.

PRO: They will make you FEEL like everything is under control. I still do not understand WHY I paid this company for a cross-country move costing me over $1,000. I paid more than what I should of paid other companies for the sense of reliability I had during our initial conversations. For weeks they have been trying to get in touch with the owner that is "out of town" "in and out of the office" to discuss some sort of compensation - but now, I'd rather just put out the review for any new potential consumers. Company was UN-professional, IN-accessible, UN-informed!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017
Ship a Car Direct was competitive, on time and very professional during the week long process. I would not hesitate using them again, should the need arise.

Using them was a huge stress relief. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Ship A Car Direct did an excellent job. Dave was very quick getting me a quote and had the best price. The app to take pictures of my car before shipment was really easy to use. Chris, the transport driver, came early after calling to make sure it was okay. He was very careful with my car and delivered it right on time. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Great communication and service from start to finish. Car was picked up and delivered as scheduled. Transport driver did a good job communicating, contacting me the day before pick up and delivery. Very satisfied and would use this company again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I did some research and Ship a Car Direct seemed good as I was moving across the country. They promised that they will not charge my card right away which they fulfilled. The quote that I got wasn't cheap or it wasn't too expensive. It was just about what the other options were. I had a few text exchanges with their rep and once a driver was found, they gave me all the details. From there on, I was in touch with the driver. The shipment was a couple of days late but the driver had let me know that he was running a couple of days behind. It was supposed to be seven days but it took about nine days. Still, I'll tell my friends that it was a good experience and if they need to ship a car, then they should look into Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was very pleased with the service I received from Ship a Car. They were always ready with an answer and were extremely easy to work with from my initial inquiry to the delivery of my car. They gave me an accurate date of delivery which was incredibly helpful as I was able to meet the driver at a location convenient to me. I highly recommend this company for long distance transport.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Two family members had used Ship a Car Direct prior to me setting it up and they both had a good experience. Initially, I thought the quote was a little high but I know it's increasing going to Florida, so I just figured that it was the time of the year. But in the end, I paid the exact amount. The person that I initially dealt with followed up the whole process while we were waiting for them to set up a carrier, and let me know closer to the time that they were planning my date that I needed them to pick it up. He confirmed that I was going to get a carrier. The communication was very good from the beginning. The person who picked up the truck could not be any nicer. And when they dropped it off, we had no problem. Ship a Car Direct has excellent customer service. We will definitely use them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Good service provided. I was provided with periodic updates on the status. My car was delivered on time with no scratch or dents. I have no hesitation in recommending this service provider to any of my friends going forward.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I looked online and Ship a Car Direct had good reviews. Their rates seemed reasonable, too. The free quote calculator helped me get a ballpark idea of how much it was going to cost, but the service ended up being more expensive than what I was quoted. Also, the driver didn't keep in contact with me and I didn't know where my car was from the time it left my house. Other than that, their customer service rep was good. It was a pretty seamless experience overall and I would recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I connected with Kosta at Ship A Car Direct and he guided me through the whole process of shipping a car. He made it sound so easy and that was what we wanted to hear since this was our first experience doing this. We were shocked when our car arrived in Florida from Pennsylvania in two days. We plan on using Ship A Car Direct on our return home.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I was moving because of my job and Ship a Car Direct's quote was much lower than a lot of the carriers. They also have better reviews and the reps were very helpful. The interactions were very good and they kept me updated with what's going on. However, the day was not fixed and that was a bit of a hassle. They gave a range of days and my car was supposed to be picked up between the 1st and the 5th. I left before my car left, so I had my friend give it to Ship a Car Direct for transportation. I moved from the location on the 4th and my car was picked up on the last day. Also, the price that was initially quoted went a little higher because there was no carrier to pick up my car, so they increased the price. Overall, Ship a Car Direct is a good company.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I hired somebody from the East Coast and part of the agreement was I would ship the vehicle. I wanted somebody credible and the people from Ship a Car Direct were really personable, engaging and very knowledgeable. They didn't oversell their abilities either and they let me know. They're brokers so they had to find somebody who's vetted by them to haul the car and they were able to complete that in a quicker time frame than their maximum lead time. The car showed up in one piece and was delivered earlier than what the worst-case scenario too. They were early on both sides and that was good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I was moving across country and dealing with the reps from Ship a Car Direct was straightforward and easy. The transport took about five days, and it was an easy and painless experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I shipped two vehicles with Ship a Car Direct and they were outstanding. I called 10 other companies but Ship a Car Direct offered a better quote than anybody else. They picked up when they said they were going to and they dropped off when they said they would. The guy I worked with to set it all up was Stefan and he was great. I've referred Ship a Car Direct three different times to other people.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was moving for work several months ago and used Ship a Car Direct since I've had experience with them before. I prefer talking to someone about quotes and getting them from a person directly which I was able to do with their reps. There was a little bit of anxiety around the lack of knowing when the driver has confirmed but I understood the nature of it. They can't confirm things too far out and explaining that a little better upfront would then remove some of that anxiety for future customers. Overall, it was a really great experience.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was relocating and the quote I got from Ship a Car Direct was perfect. Everything was great. The customer service reps were really helpful. Their service was high quality and reliable. It was so fast and was done in about three days. They were great.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was relocating to another state and I initially went with another company but they disappointed me. I then went to Ship a Car Direct, and it was pricey but it was at the last minute. I appreciated that they kept me up to date, unlike the other company. Communication was a key thing for me and Ship a Car Direct let me know everything that was going on from beginning to end. The dispatch office let me know that the driver was around, and the drivers and the agent were really nice. The transport took three days and everything stood out well. It was a nice experience.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My daughter was in school in Delaware. I needed to get the car from Marietta to Newark, Delaware and I didn’t want to drive it. If I pay for gas for me to drive it, the flight for me to fly home, the night in the hotel, and taking my daughter and her friends out to dinner, I saved money shipping the car. Ship a Car Direct was the first people I called and they were very nice. My wife liked the rep that she talked to as well. They were also easy to get hold of and the scheduling went too quickly. It went wonderful and better than expected. I had a good experience and if I had to ship another car, I’d definitely call Ship a Car Direct again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I moved from Chicago and shipped my car using Ship a Car Direct. I went to Better Business Bureau and saw the good review and based from there, I went with them. I got a good quote from their online calculator and the actual price I paid was close to it. The person I was working with did very well. She helped me when I needed help. Everything’s been fine with the driver. They took the car in the time they have given and it came before the date they have given and in good condition. They’re professional and organized. Overall, it’s a very good experience. Whatever they have promised in the beginning, they delivered.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Ship a Car Direct’s communication with me was excellent. Their customer service was awesome and every time I asked a question, the rep called or immediately emailed me back. We got an initial quote online. And then, when we started talking about details, we got an official quote. The driver was eight hours early, and he texted when he was about an hour away and made sure it was okay to come in. Everything went perfectly.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My daughter is in Grand Rapids, Michigan and her car was at the end of its life. I had an extra car in the West Coast and it made sense for me to clean it up, throw it on a truck and send it there. Shipping a car is a scary thing if you’ve never done it. A broker sets it all up and there's a call about who the driver or the dispatcher will be. There will be two different people who will take the car and I have a fear I'll never see it again. However, I got past that and understood how the process worked. It’s my second time and I let my daughter look for companies. She came up with three possibles and Ship a Car was the middle price range so I followed her lead. I looked at their website and everything looked legit. They spent a lot of time sending emails, keeping me updated and telling me the process.

They have a well-designed system. The guy spent a lot of time when he picked it up and indicated every possible scratch or dent and if anything happened on the other end, I couldn't complain because there's a sheet filled with nicks and marks on the form. On the tail end, I never know where the car will be delivered because it's on a big old truck and the driver can’t necessarily drive it to a residential area, so there has to be a big parking lot. That was coordinated well and the condition of the car was fine. Ship a Car was competent and it was quick and easy. The communication was good and I’ll recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Shipping my car from NY to Florida was wonderfully non stressful from the time I called to the time my car was delivered I felt well taken care of. The communication was excellent and the car was shipped in a very timely fashion arriving in Florida in the same condition it was when loaded on the carrier in NY. Do yourself a favor and use these folks and it will be one less thing to worry about when you move.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My daughter was going to medical school in Atlanta so we had to relocate our car there. I looked up Ship a Car Direct and called. They had a very competitive and very reasonable price because I had three quotes and Ship a Car was the best one. The rep I spoke with was very helpful. She told me when the driver was coming and he came at that time. Then, the driver picked up the car and told me that they were going to deliver it on a particular date and that was the day they actually delivered it. He called me as soon as he was getting close and he came. He was nice and everything went well. It was our first time to ship a car and I had an excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct. It was hassle-free, very enjoyable and reliable. When my daughter finishes her medical school and wants to come back, we can use Ship a Car Direct again to move our car back.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We got some work down in Texas and we’re shipping our vehicle from Texas back to Orleans. We found Ship a Car Direct on Google and the quote was competitive. It was in line with the other lower cost ones and everybody in customer service was pretty responsive. Ship a Car Direct did fine and the experience with them was easy, direct and straightforward.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My car was sitting at my parents' and I wanted to bring it to where I am. I got Ship a Car Direct's services because they had really good reviews online. I used their online quote calculator and it made the process faster and easier. I also did an online auction where I got a bunch of bids from other carriers and Ship a Car Direct's prices were better than everyone else's. My rep Jennifer kept on top of everything and answered any questions that I had. A couple of their people also emailed me, informing me of what to expect and asking me if I have any questions. Ship a Car Direct follows up, is easy to deal with and is excellent.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The customer service reps are fantastic. I dealt with one guy mainly and he was excellent. His name was Costa. He was informative and stayed in touch with me the entire time. And he let me know that if I had any question, I could call them anytime even if it was after hours. I felt comfortable asking him questions and talking to him.

What I also liked was that both drivers, the one who picked me up and the one who dropped the car off, gave me plenty of heads up that they were in the area. I was talking to the guy who dropped off the car in Florida quite frequently. I was visiting my mom in Pennsylvania so I had to coordinate a flight about the time that my car was going to get dropped off in Florida so I could quickly fly down and meet him. He was really good about giving me his time estimate and when he thought he was going to be there. He was talking to me the whole way so I thought that was really good. He really worked with me. About a year ago I shipped my car out to Washington from Florida and I used a different company. They were okay but it was really last minute that they called me and said they were going to be there in an hour. With Ship A Car Direct, it was excellent customer service on the preliminary quote, the initial carrier assignment, and with the drivers as well.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information