toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My sister had gotten a car through my stepdad's name when she graduated high school. She decided to get married and move to Colorado where her husband is stationed. They got a new car and decided not to pay for it so to help my mom and my stepdad out, I paid it off and needed it shipped out here to Georgia. I was looking at the reviews and Ship a Car Direct seemed like the best bet and made it as the basis. Especially after I talked with Bruce, he was a lot of help and I really appreciated everything he did to help me out with it. I could call him on his direct number if I had any questions and he was always prompt in getting back to me. He gave me a call a couple of times to let me know what the next steps in the process were so that I was always updated. It was a great customer service experience for me.

The free quote was fine and it wasn't much different from what I ended up paying after. It was great and excellent for the amount of value of what was being shipped. It's not a new car but it was still something that I had to drop $2,000 into so I was really satisfied. I would most certainly recommend Ship a Car Direct and definitely use them again if I needed to have a vehicle shipped.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very satisfied with Ship a Car Direct. I did a lot of research before buying auto transport services. Ship a Car Direct was open and honest about the industry and explained how it works, shared their terms and conditions upfront (others wouldn't share until you had placed an order with them), had competitive prices - didn't take any money upfront, and made the process very easy. The staff on the reservation side, as well as the driver that took my car, were all very professional, top notch and easy to reach for any questions I had. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for auto transport services.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

Got Ship a Car Direct when I moved from Texas to California and it was good service. The quote was fair and set up was just via very thorough emails. Everything’s straightforward.

I did my homework before getting my car shipped. I had contacted several companies and gathered information online. There was good feedback for Ship a Car Direct so that's what I used. David helped me set up but my son Eric had to take over when my blood pressure went up. It was good and David was very helpful. However, they wouldn’t come down the Eastern Shore so we had to drive the car to Baltimore where my other son lives and they picked it up there. The guy who got the car was terrific. He was right on time and it all went well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am pleased to recommend Ship a Car Direct. Chris and his team found a carrier for me who delivered our vehicle on time with no damage. Having found them, we will no doubt use them again in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Matt and Maricel provided an excellent customer service. They answered all my questions and provided the documentation I requested. The pickup and delivery of the car was as scheduled. All went well! Thank you for a great service!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Shipped car from San Diego to Seattle. Good customer service, easy to work with. No surprises and car was picked up and delivered as promised. While it is never cheap to ship a car, the pricing was as promised and less expensive than other reputable places I had checked out. Would definitely recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

All went well with shipping my car. Only issue was car being dirty upon delivery. But, most importantly, zero scratches, scrapes, dents or others. Best parts of whole process were exceptional communication and reasonable pricing. I'd use Ship-a-Car-Direct again.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for bringing that to our attention, John! You may note that pick up or delivery should be during daylight and the carrier will be able to handle the request. Glad to hear the car made it safe!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I used Ship a Car Direct to ship a 2007 Toyota Yaris from Columbus Ohio to Lake Worth, Florida. I worked with Scott and he made the whole experience pleasant and stress free. Everything worked out as Scott had described from the pick-up to delivery with one exception. The vehicle was delivered after dark to the destination and had to be looked over with a flashlight. Everything was ok, but this could have been an issue had there been body damage noticed the next morning. I rated Ship a Car Direct with 5 stars since the rest of the experience and the fair price overshadowed the after dark delivery. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for recommending our service, Sheryl! We are very glad it all went smooth!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Ship a Car Direct was informative, helpful and professional. Vehicle was picked up when promised and delivered timely without any problems. Our driver was super helpful and easy to work with on both pick up and delivery. Highly recommend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great service. I checked prices and reviews from numerous sites before deciding on giving my "baby" to a transport company. My car is just 2 months old so I was hesitant! Bruce came through - keeping me informed, even rushing to get me a carrier within 2 hours after the one I expected broke down! Very professional and efficient - including the driver. I live on a very tiny street and expected to have to meet the rig elsewhere. Driver surprised me by taking car off rig. He parked on a wider street and driving right to my front door. He then had to walk back to his rig! So accommodating! I highly recommend this company. Even arrived earlier than expected!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Overall I was very pleased with the job done by Ship a Car Direct and DIL Transport Inc. Bruce at Ship a Car Direct did a great job taking me thru the process of transporting my car from California to Illinois. All went well. My car was picked up 5 days after the ship date and arrived in Illinois 1-day earlier than estimated and in excellent condition.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to ship my car from Cleveland to Austin and my experience couldn't have gone better. My car was picked up on time and it only took one day to get it down to me. It came in two days earlier than I thought and was delivered to me in the best possible way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ship A Car Direct was outstanding. The process was easy. They provided clear and simple communication by both phone and email. The selected carrier was on time for both pickup and delivery. Would recommend them and the carrier to anyone needing to ship a car. Complete peace of mind.

We needed to move a 2007 Honda Civic from Houston, Texas to Charlotte, North Carolina. We got a reasonable quote from Ship a Car Direct's online calculator so we submitted a request. A customer service representative called me to let me know what was going to happen and that he would be my point-of-contact the whole way through. He was phenomenal! We had arranged the transport but had a problem at our end and weren't able to meet the originally scheduled date. So, I called them and he adjusted it to accommodate our new schedule. Everything went really, really well with the exception of once the car was loaded and on its way to Charlotte, the truck broke down and it took about a week longer than we expected it to. Overall, it was a very good experience. I couldn't have asked for better, particularly the customer service.

We bought my daughter's car. She lives in Dandridge, we live in Denver. And so we had to have it shipped here. Ship a Car Direct seems to have good reviews and they were located in Boulder. I used the online quote calculator and was able to compare them with other quotes that we had. The quote was higher but again they were in Boulder, which is 30 minutes away and that's how comfortable it is. I had good to excellent service by the customer service representative. I got a lot of emails, a couple of phone calls and they answered whatever question I had. They were knowledgeable and professional and they kept me updated on where the car was and what day it was going to be delivered and they delivered it on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had never used a car shipping service before and was anxious, but it ended up being the smoothest part of my move from CO to MD. My car was picked up and delivered on time and in great condition. It was a very easy process from start to finish, and the price they quoted (the final quote) is exactly what I paid. I would use this company again.

I was relocated to Rhode Island as part of my job, so I was shipping my car over to my new location. My friend recommended Ship a Car Direct and he said he used them twice and had a positive experience. I submitted a form and got an email back. The quote I got was $925 and my employer was reimbursing up to $1,000. I communicated with their rep mostly by emails and I've been able to get prompt responses. During the initial call, Angela went over what to expect. I have never shipped a car before, so she gave a good overview of how the whole process will happen. Overall, Ship a Car was very efficient. I'd give their name if a friend asked for a recommendation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They were very transparent with the entire process constantly keeping me updated. It took 5 days from LA to Chicago and my car was in perfect condition. Cost me $850. The driver was very polite. Did not try to play games. This was during the summer and after Memorial weekend so I was pleasantly surprised. Would use again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First time shipping a vehicle. Ran across many generic recommendations for uShip [including eBay, where I bought the vehicle]. After rooting around a bit online I found some discussions by haulers who were not pleased with some of uShip policies, something about using unlicensed [DOT] drivers. I have no way to verify this. However I found great reviews for Ship a Car Direct and decided to check them out. Once I made contact everything was real easy. Based on my one experience I can recommend them. Oh yeah, I asked and they sent me a copy of the hauler's DOT license.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were extremely pleased with the service. Everything went smoothly from start to finish, and we were kept informed every step of the way. Their price was very fair. I highly recommend Ship A Car Direct.

I moved from Arizona to New Jersey, so I had to have my car shipped. I just went through reviews and Ship a Car Direct was the best one that I found so I picked them. I used the online quote calculator and compared various companies which were available and which were in my price range then I went with the reviews based on that like the comparison of price and service provided by these companies like Ship a Car Direct. I then I talked to one of the representatives who helped me out throughout the process. I was happy because it felt like a fair quote. It was somewhere in the range which I'm going to end up paying so I was already ready for it. The customer service representative was helpful, knowledgeable and professional. I’m happy with the service they provided because it went smoothly and on time and my car wasn't damaged.

We moved from New Jersey to Arizona and our car got shipped by Ship a Car Direct pretty much on time and no damage at all. I went with them because their online reviews are pretty good and I got a quote and it was in the normal range that any auto transport company was offering. They said it was two weeks before I get the car and I got it in like five days instead. That was really good. I would recommend this to anybody who wants to get a car shipped for a long move.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son is in the military and I needed to ship his car to his sister's house in Texas so he can pick it up when he gets back from overseas. After researching and reading many reviews I picked Ship a Car Direct. I am glad I did. Bruce was a big help with explaining how things worked and helping me decide what dates to select to get the car there when I needed it there. The company that picked it up was professional, courteous, and on time. The driver went out of his way to accommodate the delivery of the car to my daughter's schedule. Marceila was the customer service rep for Ship a Car that helped me after the car was delivered. She was great. Highest praise to all the folks involved. Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
Never having moved a car before, I did not know what to expect. The folks at Ship A Car Direct were in constant contact and helped every step of the way. I would not hesitate to use them again and highly recommend them. It was one thing I did not have to worry about when relocating across country.

Thanks!

I was moving, due to job relocation, and needed to ship our cars. Ship a Car Direct had good reviews and it was really good to get a price range without having to provide any personal information. I looked at other places and read forms, and the quote that they gave me for my auto transport seemed right in line with what was to be expected. Moreover, the interactions that I've had with the customer service reps were great. They were friendly and knowledgeable, and kept in touch with me every step of the way. Then they followed up with me to make sure everything was good once the cars were delivered. In general, my experience with Ship a Car Direct was pretty seamless. They got there a day earlier than they expected. The cars were in perfect shape when we got them. The driver kept me apprised of where he was the whole time. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Fantastic service. After requesting a quote, I had direct contact with someone who informed me without pressuring me. They did not use car salesman tactics to try to scare me into giving them my business. After deciding to go with them, I was extremely pleased by the level of service. Frequent communications from both the contact person as well as the car drivers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The representative who handled my request (Eve) was very patient with all the questions and answered them with utmost clarity, once the order was placed, the staff was still in touch through various modes like email, messages, calls and made sure that everything went smoothly. Overall I liked the service provided by Ship a Car Direct.

I'm extremely satisfied with Ship a Car Direct's service. I had to ship my car when I moved to Houston for my new job. My friends suggested Ship a Car Direct and when I felt that the quote was reasonable upon checking it, I directly called them. Right from the beginning and if and when there is a change, I get updates. From start to end, the communication was very good and that's why I liked them very much. Even the driver was communicating. He called and asked me what time was good for me. After the car was delivered, I needed a bill so that I can reimburse the money with my office so I contacted them through email and they provided me the bill as I requested. They followed up, too. They should keep up the good work.

We purchased a vehicle on eBay and we're unable to get to the car to even look at it, so we needed somebody to pick it up and deliver it to us. We look at the quotes eBay gives us, but then we cross reference it to the consumer reports and Ship a Car Direct was the one company that came up as having a really good reputation above anything else. I wanted an interview and see what the customer service was like first, so I called and I was really pleased with the response and the information that was given. It was very upfront and I felt that it wasn't a pressure sale. It was basically, "This is what we do, this is what we're really good at, here are some of the challenges that you're going to face." It was very realistic and good at setting expectations.

We were told to call them back if we wanted to resume. We decided not to go with the lower rates that were contracted through eBay, which I'm assuming a lot of people do. We went directly with Ship a Car Direct and we didn't put it out to any other bid. Whoever is answering the phone was very responsive. She picked up our email quote on a holiday and it gave me a real nice comfort level to know that the car was going to get here quickly. My husband and the salesperson interacted with the carrier driver and as soon as the car was picked up, we got an email from the seller saying they are great guys.

The seller was a business person as well and fairly concerned that his baby car was going to a good person. It gave us comfort to know that he felt the guys were good. When they came to drop the car off, they gave us a call and let us know that they couldn't get to our house. They told us where they felt they could unload safely. By the time we got there, they had the car mostly unloaded and apologized for it being dirty because it was a closed carrier. It was dirty because they went through several storms and there was a hole in the trunk. We can fix dirt. As long as there is no damage, it was not a big deal.

Ship a Car Direct was a little bit more expensive but I wanted to make sure that the car was going to be transported safely and the reference from my friend was what made me go to them. They were always responsive. They pick up the phone, they email me, they let me know when the car was being picked up, where the car was, when it was to be delivered and everything went well. It was a great service. I'd recommend it to a friend.

We were moving from Tennessee to Wisconsin and I needed to move a vehicle but didn't want to drive it. I wanted a transport company to move it. I looked at Consumer Reports and it gave me a list of the top 10 auto transport companies and I picked Ship a Car Direct. I called them and got a quote. They were very communicative throughout the whole process. They did a great job and took care of the car, and that's what I wanted. It was a great service.

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile