2. Auto Transporters
Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct

5.0/5 (48 ratings)

About Ship a Car Direct

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that sets customers up with one of its pre-screened car carriers and answers any questions clients have about vehicle transportation. The company offers open and enclosed vehicle transport and accommodates any size of vehicle.

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
    • No upfront deposit required
    • $500 built-in insurance

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Ship A Car Direct works with a network of auto transporters to provide door-to-door car shipping. The company offers transport in open or closed carriers.

Top Ship a Car Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Verified

I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my 2 cars. The rates were not very low or high. But selected them based on the reviews … The cars were delivered safely and much quicker. I am ver...

Verified

From start to finish the communication was excellent. The driver delivered our car once our plane landed. The experience was excellent and the driver so professional, friendly and...

What is Ship A Car Direct?

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that connects customers with auto carriers. Ship A Car Direct offers door-to-door shipping and free estimates. You don’t need to provide any contact information to receive a rough estimate, though detailed estimates require additional information. Prices vary based on distance, vehicle type and time of year.

Ship A Car Direct cost

Costs vary based on several factors, but expect to pay $400 to $700 to move a sedan across several states and anywhere from $900 to $1,300 for a cross-country trip. The company charges up to 50% more for enclosed-carrier shipping, which helps protect valuable or antique cars — this is standard for most car shipping companies. To get a more accurate idea of what it costs to haul your car, use the quote estimator on the company’s website. For an exact quote, call and speak to an agent. Ship A Car Direct does not charge upfront fees.

Ship A Car Direct also offers $500 of insurance against damage. So, if a carrier damages your vehicle and its insurance doesn’t cover the damage or won’t pay, Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 of that damage.

Ship A Car Direct transport options

With Ship A Car Direct, you can personalize your auto transport to match your needs. The only exception is when it comes to the pickup and drop-off method. Ship A Car Direct only offers door-to-door shipping, not terminal-to-terminal shipping.

• Enclosed shipping: If you want your car to have extra protection during transport, opt for enclosed shipping. This means your vehicle is protected from the elements in a container. Open shipping, the default option, is cheaper but doesn’t offer as much protection.
    • Door-to-door shipping: Ship A Car Direct’s deliveries are always door to door, meaning it picks up your vehicle at your home and drops it off directly at its destination. It does not offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, which is when a carrier picks up your car at a nearby terminal and drops it off at another one close to your destination.
    • Cross-country shipping: Ship A Car Direct offers service throughout the U.S. (except Alaska), so you can move your vehicle cross-country if needed. Expect this to take between one and two weeks.
    • Interstate shipping: If you’re moving your vehicle across a few states, expect it to take from four days to a week.
    • Expedited shipping: If you need to ship a car at the last minute, Ship A Car Direct can handle it. Just keep in mind that it costs more than a move planned further in advance.

Ship A Car Direct FAQ

How does Ship A Car Direct work?
    Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker, which means it works within its network to find you a reliable auto carrier. In return, you pay Ship A Car Direct a fee, which is typically worth it because an auto transport brokers’ expertise makes the experience much easier.
    Does Ship A Car Direct have a damage-free guarantee?
    Yes. If your car is damaged and the carrier won’t cover it, then Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 in damage.
    Does Ship A Car Direct require an upfront deposit?
    No. Payment isn’t required until Ship A Car Direct confirms your carrier and shipping dates.

Do we recommend Ship A Car Direct?

We recommend Ship A Car Direct — its customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and we also like that it provides rough estimates of how much it costs to ship a car without requiring contact information. That’s a rare feature among auto shippers. Its damage-free guarantee and door-to-door shipping are also standout features.

Ship a Car Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I chose Ship A Car Direct after interviewing 3 brokers. After talking with Christina and reading other people's reviews, I was satisfied that choosing Ship A Car Direct was the way to go. I had flexible dates and after picking the pick-up date I had to reschedule and it was done without a problem. Christina chose a company, notified me of the company name and I received a phone call from the driver the same day. I agreed two having my car picked up two days earlier than scheduled. Their driver arrived at the time promised, conducted his inspection, loaded the car and off he went. The car was going to Maryland and was going to be received by my daughter. The driver kept my daughter up to date and the vehicle was deliver 2 days early and no damage occurred. From beginning to end this process was effortless on my part. If I ever have to ship another car, Ship A Car Direct would be my choice.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Ship A Car Direct Customer Service and communication was great. Quote had to be adjusted because after S-A-C-D reached out, it turned out that it would cost about 100 dollars more. SACD did cover half of that increase though, so my end cost was about 50 dollars more. They were quick to communicate this though, which was great. Vendor delivered car much more quickly than expected (which is fine for us), but I thought vendor's communication could have been better about schedule. In the end, overall great service.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

"I contacted several shippers for quotes and selected Ship A Car Direct because they were in the the price range of the others and did not not have any upfront charges. So I put in an order and posted my vehicle. I received a call the same day asking if they could pick it up that day. They picked it up in Virginia and delivered to Texas in 3 days. The whole experience was quick, efficient and most important, the car was in the same shape as when it was picked. I would recommend Ship A Car Direct and use them again when shipping a car- Jim K- Virginia."

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

Ship A Car Direct connected us with Demeltaf Transit for the shipping of a car purchased in Miami and delivered here in Virginia. The car was picked-up on Sunday and arrived at our home on Monday afternoon. Not only was the delivery incredibly prompt, but the price was hundreds lower than other bids I received. The Soto's...who own Demeltaf are wonderful and careful stewards of your vehicle. I wish that I could rate them higher than 5-stars. Great folks. Summarily, a terrific experience and I will absolutely use Ship A Car Direct in the future.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

We needed to ship a car from Tacoma, WA to Austin, TX. This was our first time shipping a car (the car was for our nephew who is a college student) and we were concerned what condition the car would be in after travelling on a trailer-truck for 2200+ miles. After checking reviews we picked Ship-a-Car. Their price was lower than some other companies but their reviews were good. Everything about the experience was excellent. The car was picked up by Puget Sound Carriers and delivered on time and the car arrived in excellent condition.. No scratches or dings. All the Ship-a-Car and Puget Sound Carrier people were outstanding. We would definitely recommend and use them again.

Original review: April 10, 2021

This broker was extremely easy to work with when shipping my car from Texas to New Jersey. No constant spam about shipping the car. When we finally pulled the trigger on the deal, pickup was within two days and delivery was a day earlier than estimated. Really great!

Original review: April 1, 2021

First time I ever use this type of service. Was unsure what steps to take. But with Ship a Car They took care of everything. All I did was make a call, set date for pick up and date for delivery. My vehicle was delivery. With no problems. I would recommend this service to my family and friends.

Original review: March 2, 2021

This was my third time using Ship A Car Direct. Found them to be very professional and reliable. Would highly recommend them. They stand behind you, and support you through the entire process, from reservation to delivery.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I had a very pleasant experience in shipping my car. Everybody who communicated with me was honest and VERY helpful. The process was smooth and the pricing was fair compare to most companies I have inquired from. I highly recommend this service to anyone who needs to ship their car.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This company is pricey but the overall positive experience is well worth the extra cost in my opinion. The entire team is professional - courteous, responsive, and punctual - and I am a delighted customer. Highly recommended to those who don't mind paying extra for 5-star service.

Quick and easy