2. Auto Transporters

Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.95/5

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that sets customers up with one of its pre-screened car carriers and answers any questions clients have about vehicle transportation. The company offers open and enclosed vehicle transport and accommodates any size of vehicle.

BOTTOM LINE

Ship A Car Direct works with a network of auto transporters to provide door-to-door car shipping. The company offers transport in open or closed carriers.

PROS

• Door-to-door shipping
  • No upfront deposit required
  • $500 built-in insurance

CONS

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Top Ship a Car Direct Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my 2 cars. The rates were not very low or high. But selected them based on the reviews … The cars were delivered safely and much quicker. I am very pleased with the experience and will definitely use them again in future.

From start to finish the communication was excellent. The driver delivered our car once our plane landed. The experience was excellent and the driver so professional, friendly and helpful.

What is Ship A Car Direct?

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that connects customers with auto carriers. Ship A Car Direct offers door-to-door shipping and free estimates. You don’t need to provide any contact information to receive a rough estimate, though detailed estimates require additional information. Prices vary based on distance, vehicle type and time of year.

Ship A Car Direct cost

Costs vary based on several factors, but expect to pay $400 to $700 to move a sedan across several states and anywhere from $900 to $1,300 for a cross-country trip. The company charges up to 50% more for enclosed-carrier shipping, which helps protect valuable or antique cars — this is standard for most car shipping companies. To get a more accurate idea of what it costs to haul your car, use the quote estimator on the company’s website. For an exact quote, call and speak to an agent. Ship A Car Direct does not charge upfront fees.

Ship A Car Direct also offers $500 of insurance against damage. So, if a carrier damages your vehicle and its insurance doesn’t cover the damage or won’t pay, Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 of that damage.

Ship A Car Direct transport options

With Ship A Car Direct, you can personalize your auto transport to match your needs. The only exception is when it comes to the pickup and drop-off method. Ship A Car Direct only offers door-to-door shipping, not terminal-to-terminal shipping.

• Enclosed shipping: If you want your car to have extra protection during transport, opt for enclosed shipping. This means your vehicle is protected from the elements in a container. Open shipping, the default option, is cheaper but doesn’t offer as much protection.
  • Door-to-door shipping: Ship A Car Direct’s deliveries are always door to door, meaning it picks up your vehicle at your home and drops it off directly at its destination. It does not offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, which is when a carrier picks up your car at a nearby terminal and drops it off at another one close to your destination.
  • Cross-country shipping: Ship A Car Direct offers service throughout the U.S. (except Alaska), so you can move your vehicle cross-country if needed. Expect this to take between one and two weeks.
  • Interstate shipping: If you’re moving your vehicle across a few states, expect it to take from four days to a week.
  • Expedited shipping: If you need to ship a car at the last minute, Ship A Car Direct can handle it. Just keep in mind that it costs more than a move planned further in advance.

Ship A Car Direct FAQ

How does Ship A Car Direct work?
Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker, which means it works within its network to find you a reliable auto carrier. In return, you pay Ship A Car Direct a fee, which is typically worth it because an auto transport brokers’ expertise makes the experience much easier.
Does Ship A Car Direct have a damage-free guarantee?
Yes. If your car is damaged and the carrier won’t cover it, then Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 in damage.
Does Ship A Car Direct require an upfront deposit?
No. Payment isn’t required until Ship A Car Direct confirms your carrier and shipping dates.

Do we recommend Ship A Car Direct?

We recommend Ship A Car Direct — its customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and we also like that it provides rough estimates of how much it costs to ship a car without requiring contact information. That’s a rare feature among auto shippers. Its damage-free guarantee and door-to-door shipping are also standout features.

Ship a Car Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Original review: March 26, 2020

My vehicle was transported from Georgia to the state of Washington. Prior to that while looking for companies I came across yours on the Internet. When I called I spoke to Drumon in the name of Wade who is based out of Sacramento. He advised me of the procedure, what did I need to do and what to expect which I thought was very helpful and made me feel very comfortable. He’s a very people person. He also advise me of the pickup times and drop off time about where my vehicle will be dropped off at and not to worry. Picture felt very comfortable and closing your company was very professional and keep me apprised of everything prior to me accepting the contract with Ship a Car Direct.

I would advise anyone was planning on transporting a vehicle to go to your company. Review five stars. If there was a belly to give you 10 I would. I like also give kudos to once again Wade the broker in Sacramento California. Also the driver who drop my vehicle off was very friendly courteous And very professional. Thank you. Have a good day.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I had a Hyundai Elantra 2010 (gray Color) Shipped from New York City NY, At 1st I thought there will be delays, because the Guy That was originally handling our shipping was out of the Company, But David Picked up our case and acted on it very quickly and efficiently. He coordinated the shipment from my Uncle's place in NYC and communicated with him. After about 5 days the car arrived in Texas safely, and damage free. As the Trailer truck is quite big - He parked at the main road and drove the car to the street and delivered the Car In front of our house. We were being updated while the vehicle was in transit. I could not ask for a better service. They were UP FRONT with the money transaction - NO hidden charges. I will Recommend to friends and aquiantances.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I recently relocated from MN to AZ and had to have multiple vehicles shipped. Based solely on price, I went with a competitor for 2 of my vehicles and Ship a Car Direct for 1 of mine. Boy do I regret that decision. The pickup date was the same for both companies, Ship a Car Direct showed up timely, the competitor called and delayed a day. Fast forward to the drop off and once again, Ship a Car Direct was on time and the competitor was late. The little bit of money I saved on the price was not worth it. Ship a Car Direct uses top-notch drivers/companies and their customer service is phenomenal. They keep you informed and also double-check to see how things are going. Will never use another company again, it's Ship a Car Direct for me from here on out.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I used Ship a Car Direct to broker the pick-up of my 1966 Chevrolet Corvair from Morrison Arkansas and deliver it to my home address in Gurnee, Illinois. This company did a great job with the order, they kept me informed along the process and ensured I had all the necessary information on who the transport company was when it was identified. As for the actual transport company, Foremost Transportation Inc. also did a great job getting the car to me and I was in contact with the driver along the way. Overall this was a great painless experience and well worth the cost vs. me having to rent a trailer, take 2 days away to go back to Arkansas and pick the car up myself. I would recommend this sefvice to anyone needing to move a vehicle.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Having read about some truly awful experiences that people have had with other companies when shipping cars long distances, I was understandably nervous about this process going into it. I chose Ship-A-Car because they seemed to have the highest percentage of good reviews. That turned out to be a excellent decision. Everything about the experience with Ship-A-Car-Direct was highly positive, from the initial contact to the delivery of the car to its final destination.

I received reliable, accurate information from "John," the sales agent with whom I spoke initially. He provided me with an estimate of price and timing which ended up being spot on - no surprises. The driver who they contracted for shipping the car was reliable, courteous and responsive to communication. Throughout the process, John and others at Ship-A-Car were in contact with me and reachable, guiding me through the process, ensuring that there were no hitches along the way. The car actually ended up arriving several days earlier than expected - in the same condition in which it left.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I was very pleased with the service provided. The customer service was excellent, and they kept me informed throughout the entire process. Shipment was delayed a couple of days due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the Ship-a-Car-Direct team kept me informed at all times. They reached out proactively to schedule the transport, and even have a cool app for mobile phones that makes taking pre and post shipment photos a breeze. Highly recommend them.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I love the service that Ship A Car Direct provides. This is the second time that we use this service and I would highly recommend them to a friend. The communication is great and the deliverable was exactly as promised.

Original review: June 9, 2020

We shipped our daughter's car across the country and we could not have been more pleased with the constant contact and feedback from Ship a Car. I did not feel anxious about it and given the risk, that was worth every penny of the cost! Thank you!

Original review: June 3, 2020

The Service was exceptional. The car picked up & delivered time was on point. Customer service was very informative about how to document my car before & after delivery. The driver was Fantastic!???

Original review: June 3, 2020

David was ”on the job at every Question I had”. My car's pickup date was made, the cost was determined, the destination was determined price and delivery date. It reached the destination two days ahead of schedule. My car was in great condition. I am a happy “camper”. I will use “Door to door” again. Thank you David.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information