Ship A Car Direct
Call toll free
4.94/5

Ship a Car Direct

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3410 Ship A Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: April 24, 2019

After receiving many estimates, I decided to go with ‘Ship A Car Direct’ because they gave me one of the lowest estimate and had good reviews. Truck driver Steve was very professional and customer services over the emails were prompt on all my questions. Car was delivered on time as promised without any issues. I would use ship a car direct again in the future again.

Hello Ellen,

We are glad to know that your car was delivered on time as promised without any issues. Looking forward to serve you again in the future! Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct. :)

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Awesome service. My car was picked up on time and delivered as promised. Professional and A1 service from start to finish. Would definitely use again. The driver was very accommodating as well as professional.

Hello Veronica,

We are happy to know that you had an awesome experience especially that it's your first time transporting your vehicle. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 22, 2019

Everything from requesting a quote to the delivery of the vehicle was great. Customer service was very helpful with updates and the driver was also helpful when picking up and dropping off the vehicle.

Hello Luis,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that our customer service representatives and the driver were very helpful. We are happy to know you had a great experience transporting your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was totally pleased with this company, especially compared to the one I used previously. Ship a car Direct was responsive, informative, and on time. I felt they were really working to accommodate my timeline needs. I would definitely recommend them!

Hello Sabina,

We are delighted to know that you were pleased with the service we provided you. We sincerely appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 17, 2019

Transporting your car can be risk. Working with Ship a Car Direct proved they have the industry experience and customer focus to make the whole process a success. The process is a phone app backed up with real people that can answer all your questions. Happy to recommend them.

Hello Howard,

It is great to know that the transport of your vehicle went well. We truly appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: April 17, 2019

The whole experience from start to finish was very professional. I had used their services 6 yrs ago for shipping my car from Atlanta to Portland, Oregon. David had been my point of contact at that time also so I contacted him again. Everything went like clockwork. Car was delivered few days ahead of time. Was informed every step of the way.

Hello Jyotika,

We are happy to know that the transport of your vehicle went smoothly as planned. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct! Their pricing was honest and within the free estimate provided to us online. I think what sets them apart is their communication and attention to detail. They are in constant contact with you and use carriers that you can also be in contact with throughout the move. They also have an app that you use to record the condition of your car prior to leaving and upon delivery so that there is a record of the condition in case anything happens. Overall felt very comfortable with the move and it was delivered on the estimated ship date! Will be using again to ship our second car shortly.

Hello Ernest,

We are glad we made you very comfortable with the transport of your vehicle. Looking forward to serve you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ship a Car arranged a pickup same day, and delivered my car 650 miles away in one day. They did it at the lowest cost of any of the providers that I checked. Super responsive, and as I said, tremendous service. I recommend them highly.

Hello Steve,

We are delighted to know that we've exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 16, 2019

It was nice working with a team where they answered all of my question completely and thoroughly even when they were pretty silly questions. That's customer service! Their follow-up and attention to detail was what I needed. Thank you.

Hello Nick,

It was also our pleasure to assist you. We are glad to know everything went well with the transport of your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 16, 2019

Ship A Car Direct transported 2 cars to Florida. The communication was very good, they showed up to pick up the cars on time and they delivered the cars on time and in with no damage. Everyone was pleasant and there were no complaints.

Hello Jeffrey,

We are happy to know that you have no complaints because the communication is very good. We are also happy to hear that everyone was pleasant to you! :) Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Excellent service from start to finish in shipping car from Ohio to Florida. Car was picked up on time and delivered on time to its destination. I would recommend using to family and friends and will use again myself in the future.

Hello John,

We are happy to provide you with an excellent service. We sincerely appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was moving a vehicle from Arizona to Washington and there was a company that I have always used. I made a reservation back in January for the delivery to take place in March 12 but the company that I had made the arrangements with never showed up to pick up the car. I called them to find out what was happening but that was hours of being on hold and waiting to get somebody on the line. That was a Wednesday and I had to get the car out by Friday. I called Ship a Car Direct and they jumped right on it and were able to get me fixed up. They handled the situation brilliantly and it was great. They did everything right and were there.

The pickup and delivery all went as scripted and there were no problems. When you call the company and you talk about what you need and they describe to you how it’s going to work, and it goes down with that kind of consistency, it leaves the customer with a sense of security that they made the right decision and that you are dealing with a company who does what they say. Ship A Car Direct did a good job.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was changing jobs so I was moving and needed to transport my vehicle from Colorado to California. Ship a Car Direct's reps were very professional and didn’t expect anything in return. The quote they provided was what I paid. I tipped them, but they were not out there to extract money. They were extremely helpful and brought my car back just the way it was so I love them. I had a good experience and I would recommend them.

Hello Rasika,

It is nice to hear that our representative(s) were extremely helpful and that you had a good experience transporting your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 12, 2019

Ship A Car Direct was a great service. I shipped a Jeep from Florida to Niagara Falls New York. The value was great and Scot at ship a car direct provided great and prompt service. Response and action to questions and request was almost immediate. The carrier they choose to ship was top notch with the equal customer service. Was a great experience. Ship a car direct was recommended by a friend and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. Use their services again. Thanks for The great service. Jody **.

Hello Jody,

We are delighted to know that you had a great experience transporting your vehicle with our assistance. We truly appreciate your recommendations. Looking forward to serve you in the future. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 11, 2019

I shipped my Subaru Outback about 1400 miles through Ship a Car Direct. I like that they were responsive when we called. They had a good website too that was easy to follow. I worked with a young lady over there and she had excellent follow through. When my wife set it up and when she had a question, Ship a Car Direct would call her right back. We got an estimate online and they refined it. Still, in the end, the cost was the same. The service was great and it was only $250 more than if I had driven the car myself. It was good value.

Hello Mike,

We are glad to know that our service was of good value to you. It has been our pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 10, 2019

With Ship A Car Direct, I could get a quote online without having to talk to anybody. The quote that I was given was good enough and it was 100% the same as the final cost of service. The customer service representatives at Ship a Car Direct were very helpful. I communicated with them over the phone, over email, and with text and they responded quickly. I had to cancel an appointment because I had changed the date and I restarted the process all via email. It was very easy and it went really well. The vehicle was transported from Raleigh, North Carolina to Phoenix, Arizona, and the delivery went smoothly. The person that I talked with dropped it off early and was professional and really easy to work with. The vehicle was a little dirty upon its arrival, but it was fine.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My experience with Ship a Car Direct was absolutely easy. Coming up with a carrier was done fairly quickly. We were on a tight, short, running time, and everything happened exactly as they said it would. The quotes that I got were definitely within range as well. However, I would love to be able to have contact directly with the driver because I was having to go back and forth, off-hours, from a long-distance with their dispatch service. We ran into some different timeframes because the driver got held up at an auction picking up some cars. It was a little difficult going back and forth through the dispatch. It would have been nice just be able to call the driver.

Original review: April 9, 2019

From start to finish... exemplary service! I honestly researched countless businesses, and was hesitant to pull the plug in order to hire someone to transport my daughter's car from Texas to California. That was until I came across this company, and understand that they were serious in their desire to please their consumer. The ordering process was beyond simple, and their communication was splendid. At every step I had updates, and even the driver let me know when he was an hour from being at my residence. Even afterwards they sent surveys so they can understand whether I was truly pleased or had any concerns. Well done!!!! You can truly trust this company to get the job done in the best way possible. They will definitely be my go to company if I ever need a car transported again.

Hello Tiffany,

It is great to know that you had a Perfect experience with Ship A Car Direct. Looking forward to serve you again :) and Thank you for choosing us!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I needed my car shipped from California to Pennsylvania and working with Ship-A-Car-Direct was a great experience. The customer service agent was efficient, easy to contact directly and answered all questions knowledgeably. Quick turnaround when I asked for a quote. Quote was reasonable and, most importantly, didn't change! Carrier they assigned me picked up one day earlier than he initially quoted but gave me the option to keep original pick up date if the new date wasn't convenient. He kept the initially quoted delivery date. Car arrived in great condition. I'd use them again if I needed to do so.

Hello Gina,

We are happy to know that your car arrived in great condition and that you had a great experience with Ship A Car Direct. Thank you so much for choosing us! :)

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am so happy with how fast and easy Ship A Car Direct made having my car shipped from NY to CA. Everything went exactly as I was told it would: from the pick-up and drop-off dates to the price! There were no surprises or issues. Stefan and the team were always available to answer questions and I could communicate with the drivers as well! Would definitely use again!

Hello Laura,

We are glad to know that the transport of your vehicle went smoothly as planned. Looking forward to serve you again. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 8, 2019

My experience with Ship A Car Direct was fantastic! Jennifer was great and helped me every step of the way understand what was going to happen. She is amazing! The carrier was great also. He came on the day expected and he delivered the car on the morning of the day expected. I am very happy with my experience with Ship A Car Direct direct. Thank you for your outstanding service!

Hello Debbie,

We are delighted to know that you're very happy with the experience you had with Ship A Car Direct! We are happy to know as well that Jennifer did great in assisting you. Thank you so much for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I would like to say that I was extremely pleased with the overall process of getting car shipped. The representatives were professional and answered all questions. The driver was on time, professional and delivered the car on the estimated date. Very satisfied!

Hello Reginald,

We are very happy to know that you're extremely pleased and very satisfied. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 8, 2019

I needed to get the car back to my son in Wisconsin and Ship a Car Direct seemed to have the best price. They were good to work with and the interactions I had with the reps were great. In fact, when the price they quoted me needed a little more, they dropped their price a bit to keep it to the same price, which I thought was really good. The transport driver came when he was supposed to come and he picked up the car. The transport took two days from beginning to end and I was pleased with the transaction. The car got to my son and he said there was no problem. Ship A Car Direct was on top of everything and I love the app. They did a good job overall.

Hello Vicky,

We are glad to know that the transport of your car went very well. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was especially impressed with the level of communication we received. All our questions were answered right away. The car was picked up and delivered when and where they said it would be and in perfect condition.

Hello Ann,

We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with the service we provided. It has been our pleasure to have served you. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: April 7, 2019

We were relocating from New Jersey to North Carolina. I had had back surgery recently and my doctor did not want me driving for that long of a period of time, so we decided to have our 2018 Subaru Impreza shipped. I looked at many companies and decided to go with Ship a Car Direct. They were the only one that had an A+ or an A in Better Business Bureau. Every other companies had a C or lower and had many complaints filed against them. Their reps were excellent. They were very responsive, answered all my questions and if I sent an email, their rep would call me immediately. Their service was excellent.

I paid what Ship a Car Direct reps quoted. The rate was a bit more than some of the other companies, but sometimes, you get what you pay for. I decided it was worth going with a company that had a very good Better Business Bureau rating and pay a little bit of extra money. I wasn’t here on the date it was delivered because it was delivered the day before we moved. But luckily, I have a friend that lives down here so she took the delivery for me. The car was perfectly fine. It was the same condition when it was picked up and the same mileage.

Hello Teresa,

We are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with an excellent service. It has been our pleasure to have assisted you with the transport of your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I was in a wreck while I was on vacation. So, I needed to have my Toyota Sienna shipped back from where it was fixed in Denver to Oklahoma City. I used Ship a Car Direct and I had a good experience with their representatives. They got me set up with someone to transport the car, and my body shop ended up getting delayed. The van wasn’t ready when they thought it was going to be, and we were able to adjust for that without any problems. And while I paid 100 more than the original quote, the delivery was good. The truck driver was communicating with me and got the car to me the day before it was promised. It was really late the night that they picked it up, but they were earlier than I expected. So, that was good.

Hello William,

It is nice to know that you had a good experience with our representatives. We are glad to hear that your car has been delivered safely. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 5, 2019

I was gonna be on the west coast and I wanted to move a vehicle for 2,500 miles. I looked into 2 companies and base on their customer service, I decided to employ the services of Ship A Car Direct. They were super responsive, honest and just seemed like the right people to go with. We raised the quote because they believe that I could pinpoint my pick up time and actually get it done on a Saturday to minimize the inconvenience for my wife. Sure enough, we only raised it a little bit, it got grabbed immediately and we got everything done like we wanted to. The vehicle was in perfect condition, not one mile extra on it.

Hello David,

We are happy to hear that your vehicle has been delivered in perfect condition. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 4, 2019

This place is awesome. First time I had a car shipped. Everyone was great. The communication was good. The driver brought my car the day and time they told me it would be here. If I ever need to ship a car again I will use them. Thanks again.

Hello Theresa,

It is nice to know that everyone was great in assisting you transport your vehicle. Glad to know as well that your car has been delivered safe and sound. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I bought a car off and I needed to bring it up from Missouri. I happened to find Ship a Car Direct's name at the top of the list and I did some research on them. Since I hadn’t used transport before, they sounded like they’ve been at it and they knew what they were doing, so I went with them. The interactions that I had with the people that I initially spoke with were super. The guy that I talked to was Matt, then some other people came in as the process went on and I had more people standing by if I needed help or something went wrong. They followed through the whole way. I was not alone in it.

The process went smoother than I thought it would go and the actual driver they had was phenomenal. It was super on my father’s end when he picked it up and it was also super on my end when he dropped it off. He gave my father a time when he’d show up and he gave a time for me as well. The driver was right on time and was phenomenal. He couldn’t have been a nicer guy. The whole process could have been a nightmare. I was stressed because I figured there were gonna be some problems, but it couldn’t have gone any smoother than it did. It turned out to be one of the best things and the easiest things I’ve done. The process almost took care of itself. It went so smoothly. It was one of the easiest things I’ve ever done considering there was distance involved in bringing something up that I had nothing to do with, and it went well. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

I was so thrilled with the transport people, the guy, and with Ship a Car Direct themselves. I never had an issue. The whole experience was great. I almost wanted to find another one to bring up. If I needed to bring a car up or bring a car or ship it somewhere, I would go through Ship a Car and I wouldn’t even think twice. If anybody’s gonna move a vehicle, I wouldn’t even hesitate.

Hello Rick,

We are happy to know that your whole transport experience was great! Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: April 3, 2019

My experience with Ship a Car Direct was fantastic. I live in Arizona and I found a vehicle I wanted in Boston. However, I did not want to fly out and drive it home. I had to use a vehicle transport and I considered 4 companies. I had a friend locally and he does a lot of car shipping from other states to Arizona. He referred me to a local person and I called them and talked with them first. I got a price from them then I looked online and called the top couple that were just wherever Google search led me, and compared the phone conversation and the pricing. I liked best what I heard from Jennifer and she was sweet, easy to deal with, and gave quick responses. There were lots of auto-generated emails that were time populated saying, “Okay, you’ve done this step. Now, we’re gonna send you this,” “Okay, your car has been picked up. Now, we’re gonna send you this,” so it was really clear.

Also, a couple of the videos from Ship a Car Direct that I watched were well done and those helped me understand the process as I was someone who had never done shipping a vehicle before. Then, I also spoke to another male rep and asked if I should contact the carrier driver as I haven’t heard from him and he told me to give him another day. And sure enough, he contacted me. So, I've had great interactions with them.

The pick up and delivery was so smooth and there were lots of communication with the dealership. There were two dealerships so I had two cars picked up at the same time from two different dealerships. I communicated with them, they communicated with me, and they communicated with the driver. The cars got picked up with no problem late Saturday and dropped off on Thursday. The driver had originally told me it would take six days and Jennifer also told me it takes six or seven days ‘cause it’s coming from all the way on the other side of the universe. So, the time estimate was spot on and he was earlier than what was said. He also communicated when he would be here and it was super accurate. Then he dropped the cars off, he shook my hand, I gave him some cash, and we were a done deal. The driver was so great that when I sold one of my vehicles about a week after getting them to someone in Ohio, I recommended him to them.

Hello Jason,

We are delighted to know that your experience with Ship A Car Direct was fantastic. Thank you so much for your recommendations!

Ship a Car Direct expert review by Lauren Fix

Ship A Car Direct has been shipping cars for customers since 2008. They changed their name from Honesty First Auto Transport, which emphasized the importance of honesty to them, in order to make their services clearer to customers.

• Free added insurance of $500 on every order: Every carrier they use carries the standard insurance coverage for any damage during transit. Ship a Car Direct also offers an additional $500 on every order – free of charge.

• Door-to-door transport: Ship a Car Direct loads your vehicle at your home or other location, transports it on one carrier and unloads it at the new address you specify. You don't have to worry about multiple modes of transport or about where to arrange pickup or delivery when you use this company.

• No upfront fees: Ship a Car Direct does not charge you any fees to place your order. There is no payment due until the carrier who will pick up your vehicle is confirmed.

• Short lead time: If you need to move a vehicle at the last minute, Ship a Car Direct does its best to accommodate your request. At the most, you'll have to wait one to two days to get the process started.

• Cross-country moves available: Ship a Car Direct offers service throughout the USA (except for Alaska), so you can move your vehicle across the country if you need to.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small business owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Ship A Car Direct Company Information