toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Kathleen! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I had an extremely excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct. I bought a car from a dealer that I've never met from upstate. My son and I bought it together for his older brother who needed one. It was my job to find the person who’ll transport it, and it didn't take very long before I realized that it is the transport organizer's job to pick out the right transporter. Ship a Car was more expensive than the other people, but my son wanted to get the best one out there and it wouldn’t have mattered what anybody else would have offered to do it for. The price that Ship a Car gave me was very fair. When it was all said and done, it was only $20 more than one of the other people that didn’t have near the reputation that Ship a Car offered. Their pricing was competitive and we were willing to pay extra to get something from Pennsylvania to Florida to make sure it arrived here in good condition.

The person that I talked with on the phone was courteous and polite. My son wanted to ask them if they could do any better with the price so I did. The rep said he'll find out and then gave me a callback and said, “Here's what we can do.” He was willing to earn my business. Then they got the carrier there the day after I called, which I was ready to wait a couple of weeks if need be and he got the car here two days later. So it was three days from the time that I called their rep and we were fortunate, we got a good carrier. I also watched their videos prior to even talking to anyone on their website and those are very convincing. We had a good experience with them and we certainly would use them again if we had anything to move anywhere. Everything went better than I thought it might.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Steven! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was moving from Seattle to Orlando and I needed to move my vehicle along with all my stuff. I went to Ship a Car Direct's web page and it's really forthcoming and frank on the state of business. Their rates are competitive with others, too. Once I submitted all the information in - what kind of car, where we're going - they got back to me with a quote pretty quickly. They did a really good job of explaining exactly how the process would go from there on. They told me that the actual shipper would contact me as opposed to them but they would still be available to answer questions.

They got me in contact with the actual person who transported the car and everything went really smoothly there. The person who transported the car was awesome. I had to fly out the day that they were supposed to pick it up and I ended up having a friend give the person the car. I talked them through and they walked me through all of that. The vehicle arrived on time and there were no damages. Then Ship a Car Direct contacted me again to make sure everything was all good and asked me if they can help. Ship a Car Direct has been fast and responsive, and from their website down to their personnel, they seemed to cut through a lot of the salesmanship of it all. It just really came down to exactly what was going on and I really appreciated that. Everything was about as smooth as you could hope it could be.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Anni! And you bring up terrific points about what to value when reading online reviews! Happy to stand up to your research!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with shipping my daughter's car from Los Angeles, CA to Louisville, KY with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. David was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what steps were next, every step of the way. The car was picked up within two days of us contacting them, and delivered a day early, in perfect shape for a very reasonable price - $800.

The following is how I made the decision to go with Ship A Car Direct in the first place - and clearly the hardest thing about shipping a car is figuring out how you're going to do it and who you're going to trust to handle it. I first found Ship a Car Direct via Yelp. After reading all the reviews I never researched another company. I went directly with them and was glad I did.

What set them apart was while they had 4 out of 5 stars, upon reading all the reviews I found that Ship a Car Direct responds to and appropriately addresses their reviews - the good, the bad and the ugly, of which there were not many lower star reviews, but they did address any and all problems and fixed them right then and there. They even gave refunds. In more than one instance I didn't even think the complaining person deserved one. This made a huge difference in my decision to go with them.

I realized by using a broker like Ship A Car Direct that I'd have a third party on my side during the process if anything went wrong, and I realized through the reviews that they work very hard to make sure nothing does go wrong. I found in MANY cases the incidence of lower stars was unfounded. The complaints were for small, insignificant things - like the driver didn't speak to them as friendly as they liked. Seriously? You'd deduct a star from the broker because the truck driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in their voice? This ain't Nordstrom - you have a trucker bringing your car to you - and it arrived early and in good shape. Be real.

While sometimes things go wrong, or companies do bad things, reviewers also do bad things, are wrong, are unrealistic, unfair, or just plain clueless. Taken into account, and before I even booked with them, I realized they really should have 5 out of 5 stars based on my reading and this is why I selected this company. What mattered to me was the reviews showed the cars arrived, either on time or early, or even a few days later in a couple cases - seriously cross country travel is not an exact science - and they arrived in the same shape they left in.

THAT'S THE GOAL.THAT'S WHAT MATTERS. Not if you did something stupid like stow extra stuff behind the seats to save yourself the shipping cost of personal items when you were told to not do this under any circumstances, and not if a delivery driver didn't speak to you with rainbows and butterflies in his voice. This isn't Nordstrom - it's trucking companies moving your car across many miles of roadways, traffic, bad weather and sometimes unsafe conditions. BE REAL and BE FAIR.

If you want your car handled appropriately, and with another set of eyes and recourse on your side, go with this broker who will make the arrangements for a transport company they know and trust for you as well as follow the ENTIRE process along the way for you. Frankly, I don't think the President of the United States is as informed as we were throughout the process. Amazing customer service.

My daughter's car arrived in perfect shape. It was picked up when and where we needed it picked up, delivered not only a day ahead of time, but a half hour sooner than expected in order to help me with a work schedule issue exactly where we needed to pick it up - talk about great service. The transport truck was new, clean and in good shape and it held other high end cars on it as well - and they all looked perfect, too. The driver, Bobby, was positive, enthusiastic, kind, considerate, concerned about a schedule snafu I had, professional and very efficient.

We could not have been happier with a situation that can be filled with pitfalls over one of your most important and costly possessions. I have zero affiliation with this company, I'm the founder of a 15 year old non-profit who helps women through surgery all over the world, so I had no experience with this and was really worried about how to do this until I found them. I would give Ship A Car Direct 20 stars if I could. A million billion thank you's. I'd use them again in a heartbeat. Attached is a pic of my happy daughter in her car and the nice transport truck the car came across country on - perfect experience!

I contacted several companies for quotes. Even though I am a casual user I was treated as though I were a high volume customer. David went out of his way to make sure every detail was completed to my satisfaction. I would definitely recommend this Company to anyone who has the need.

I was concerned about shipping my car to Oklahoma, and I'm very happy that I chose Ship a Car Direct. The entire process went very smoothly. Communication lines were always open for any questions I might have, and were answered promptly. The driver was very professional and seemed to care about the cars in his care. I definitely would recommend Ship a Car Direct.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Trudy! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

As someone who has never shipped a car before and has had no experience finding a company, a transport service, or any information on such a service, I have to rave, sing praises, yell out enthusiastically about Ship a Car Direct. From the moment I found their site, I knew I was in good hands. They were responsive, thought of every detail before I did, were spot-on with recommendations, and found THE BEST transporter for my beloved car. I hope I have to ship a car again, as I know precisely who I would go to: Ship a Car Direct. In this day and age, finding such a service-oriented company is rare, so when one does, you have to rave about it.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, William! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

It was my first time shipping a car and I was a little nervous. After signing up, it took about 5 days to get the notice of a carrier. The carrier picked the car up several hours later. Delivery on the other end was the next day and went without any issues. Ship A Car Direct was easy to work with and if I ever need to ship another car - I will use them again.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Carmen! We are very pleased to hear that we made you happy with our service!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

When I needed to have a car shipped from Seattle to California, I looked at reviews from ConsumerAffairs and found Ship a Car Direct. Talked to Ship a Car's customer service rep and he was great, very on top of it, thorough, and personable. However, there may have been a communication problem with the carrier. It'd be great if they can give a time frame rather than a date and then show up whenever. He called me at 9:00 at night and wanted to come pick it up when I had a date of the next day, and it was through email. And then they didn't answer their phone. But the customer service rep followed up with me and made sure everything was okay. He waited for me to respond and then he offered me help for any other cars. Ship a Car Direct was really good.

Ship a Car Direct

We are glad to hear everything went smooth for you, Johnathon! Thanks for your positive review and for recommending our service!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I shipped my car from San Diego to Virginia and the entire process was completely hassle-free. Stefan made it worry-free for me by providing all the details before I could even ask about them. Also, I was given updates throughout the entire shipment so I could rest easy knowing where my car was and when it would arrive. Then to top it all off they followed up once the car was delivered to make sure that my experience was nothing less than perfect. I would highly recommend using this company to anyone looking to ship a vehicle and will do so again in the future myself if needed.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, Evan! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Call us if there is anything we can help you with!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I’ve never shipped a car before and I was shipping it over 1200 miles from Laconia, New Hampshire to Memphis, Tennessee. It’s probably not the best distance for a first-time car shipper, but it was a very pleasurable experience. The driver was very good in keeping up contact with me and the car arrived in immaculate condition. If I ever need a car shipped again, I will be sure to use Ship a Car Direct in the future.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Joe! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I used Ship a Car Direct for shipping a car that was given to my son from his grandma. They were not the cheapest but they were close to being the cheapest. But it was really the overwhelming number of positive reviews that made me choose them. I had one brief phone conversation with them and they were very polite. I called because I was trying to get a status from how far they were along the country. They called the driver and they called me to tell me exactly. The experience was great, quick and very easy.

I moved to California from Maryland, so the vehicle needed to come with me. I went with Ship a Car Direct mostly due to the reviews that I found online and then secondary, cost. I preferred to call the agents directly so they were able to give me a quote over the phone. So I called Ship a Car Direct and they asked me for general information like the make of the car, the model, and then when I was looking to having it transported. Then they gave me a quote which was fair and on par with what I was receiving from other car shipping companies. Everything was seamless from getting through to an agent, giving me a quote, scheduling and then ensuring that everything went according to plan. They're professional and prompt. There was a delivery window and they had no problem coming in on the day that they said that they would try to deliver on time.

I moved across the country and decided on Ship a Car Direct to ship my car cause I got a good vibe when I saw their website. Their quote was fair and I was pleasantly surprised by how responsive and honest the gentleman I spoke to was. Bruce gave me answers to questions I didn’t even know I needed to ask and he was very genuine. I spoke with him pretty much the entire time and he did an outstanding job and I felt like everything was very positive with the company even though it took a while.

We are grateful for our decision to go with SHIP A CAR DIRECT. It was after we tried several other companies. This one was a hit in terms of care, honesty, and service. Stefan was our guy from the beginning and then the follow up after the car was delivered on time was appreciated. And, we learned a lot in the process. Hard to ship a car west at the holidays and stormy weather!

My wife talked to Ship a Car Direct on the phone and got questions answered. They responded to emails immediately and were very helpful. They gave a disclaimer that the price they had quoted us might not be the actual price but it ended up being the actual price. The guy they contracted was great, too.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Jenny,

We are sorry that you had a poor experience with us and have tried reaching out to you multiple times to try and resolve this. We have refunded our fee to you for this order. We will address the issues that you had with this carrier in regards to getting updates on when the car would be picked up and delivered. Our rep tried to coordinate between you, the delivery contact, and the carrier to try and resolve the pickup and delivery times and we apologize if there was any misunderstanding along the way. We do our best to try and coordinate everything so the trip goes smoothly for all of our customers. We are glad that the car made it to you safe and sound, best of luck to you on future moves.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I am very disappointed in Ship a Car Direct. The only reason I used this company is because of the high reviews. I first got my quote and after I have placed an order, the rep called me and said there was a mistake and gave me a wrong quote. It was going to cost me 200$ more. Because of the ratings, I decided to give them a chance and proceeded with the order. I then never heard from them again until the day my car needed to be shipped out. I had reached them earlier and he said he was going to contact me closer to the shipping date but he never did.

I got an email regarding the carrier company that was going to ship my car that day around noon and my car was suppose to be shipped out. The carrier didn't arrive until 945pm and that was after I called them multiple times. The carriers truck broke down and didn't call me. My sister who was suppose to get the car had to reach them and figured out what was going on because we never got any updates and the car was suppose to arrive that day. My sister ended up having to pick up the car an hour away from her house. When we called to discussed the issue with Ship a Car Direct, the rep was defensive and not helpful. We would not be using this company and am just want everyone to know what happened. So disappointing.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Veera! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Because of their good reviews, I used Ship a Car Direct. Also, their customer service is good. I called them and asked about a quote, and the price range that they gave me was good. Their customer service reps answered my questions. My car came without any damages, and that was very good.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Sankar ! We are very pleased to hear that we made you happy with our service!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My experience with Ship A Car Direct was simply superb. Their representative Matt was awesome. As per my request, he arranged for credit card payment even though most carriers accept only cash. When there was a issue, he responded to my email and made phone calls even on a Sunday and fixed the issue immediately. That made all the difference in the world.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your review, Jeremy! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

A relative died and that person left the car to my wife so we needed to have it shipped. The customer service reps were good especially if each time there's something new that needed to be communicated. However, the first driver was suspect as far as how his interaction with the person that was at the location that was shipping the car out here but the second one was great.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Ryan! We are very pleased to hear that we made you happy with our service!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Ship a Car Direct has the highest rating in Better Business Bureau so I chose them and the online quote I got was pretty close with the actual. The driver was great. He called to tell me the plan and he followed it exactly. He picked the car up at the exact time he said he would from the guy who sold me the car and then dropped it off, right when he said he would. I had problem getting the car going and he stayed for about 45 minutes helping me try to figure it out. I really appreciated his help.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Christine! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My friends gave a good recommendation about Ship a Car Direct so I chose them for a shipment last late December. Their online quote calculator gave the same price as the actual. Moreover, the customer service reps were great and the drivers were very good.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Mike! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Ship a Car Direct was recommended to me by my employer. Their customer reps were very good but the only problem I had was they didn't have anybody in the area to pick up my vehicle and the price was different. Other than that, I was very pleased with the service.

I had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct. The actual quote I got from them was pretty accurate. Their reps were good and their drivers were great.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review, Juan! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I feel confident with Ship a Car Direct because my first time with them was good. However, during the second time that I dealt with them I didn't like the customer service. It's because I called and asked about payment because I knew I had to give some credit card information for the deposit and the other one to pay the driver. I wanted to make sure how much I was gonna pay but the lady said to go on the internet and do it, so she didn't answer my question. Nevertheless, as soon as I got the driver's number, everything was fine. I recommend them to friends all the time.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us to ship your car, Gary! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I went on to the internet and looked up on Consumer Business Report and Ship a Car was one of the links that had some of the highest ratings. The prices were pretty comparable, too. They were within a reasonable amount of percentage difference. I used their online quote calculator and the actual quote I received was pretty close, just a $30 difference.

The reps were very helpful, too. They let us know when the guy was gonna come pick it up. We got a call 30 minutes before he got there. We went over the car, made any notes of any previous scratches and loaded it. After we got to our destination, they called and said when they would be here. They were here, unloaded the car, everything was in good working order, and there were no issues with it. So all-in-all it was a very pleasant experience.

Ship a Car Direct

Thanks for your positive review, Chad! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I did a Google search and went with Ship a Car Direct because they offered instant quotes online. When I found their site, I was able to put in my information and get a quote right away. The quote was pretty accurate because the quote I ended up getting was actually less. Also, I know space available costs but it was a smart car so it's tiny. I wish it would have been cheaper, but I know that it's not a cheap car regardless so I'm content.

Ship a Car Direct worked with me and I dealt with Scott. He asked what I can afford and said that they'll put that out then go from there if they get it. He was awesome and we contacted via email and I called him a few times. What I didn't like about the service was I didn't get a call when the car was picked up. The only time I got a call finally was when I contacted Scott and he said the service is through a particular shipping company and then I got the driver's name and number. But then, I gave them two different numbers. One is the number of the address of the person who had the car and the other was my number. I told them that I was the main person but for some reason they didn't call and I was wondering if they picked it up. I was worried about my car and I felt I should've been notified more. Then I got a hold of the person who has the car and they told me they had picked it up. At any rate, the experience was quick and I definitely was happy.

Ship a Car Direct

Thank you for your review and for choosing us to ship your car, Mark! Glad to hear that you are pleased with our service!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've shipped before using other companies but I find Ship a Car Direct to be very professional, organized, and detailed. It was a little difficult to get the customer service reps on the phone but they seemed to be better with email. They delivered on time and the follow up was terrific.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Alexander! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I got a couple of quotes from different people and I had seen that it was pretty similar across the board. But the reviews for Ship a Car Direct were a lot better and seemed a lot safer so I went with them. It was my first time shipping and their customer service reps were very helpful and made sure to stay connected with me the whole way through. The drivers were good as well, and called me the day before, gave me a heads up and made sure that the address was set up for them to pick up and drop off. It all worked out really well.

I wanted to find somebody who was reasonable and someone that I could feel safe to have my car transported across the coast. I like Ship a Car's customer service, so I went with them. They're very professional. Regarding the transporting company and the driver, everything was smooth and the communication was there throughout the whole time. I was extremely satisfied and I had no bad experience at all with them. I'll definitely be using them on an ongoing basis.

Ship a Car Direct

Glad to hear everything went well for you, Joanne! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive review!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Using Ship a Car Direct took all the worries out of transporting a vehicle across country. Being the first time I did this, I found their website helpful with several videos that answered all my questions. They are also easy to reach by phone or email. My car made it in 7 days and the pick and delivery were simple.

Ship a Car Direct Company Profile