Call toll free
4.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video
ABBB Rating
View More View More

3122 Ship a Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I was very pleased with the customer service and the professionalism of this company. They kept in touch with me through the whole process and walked me through it every step of the way. They found a carrier for me within a few days which I was also very pleased with. I've never shipped a car before and was a bit apprehensive but they made it easy and they were easy to get in touch with so I felt well supported. I'd definitely recommend this company.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

David always reached out if I have some questions or concerns and even at 3 am he would respond to your queries. The driver was on time and didn’t promise me things that he can’t fulfill. He said to pick my car up in NY on October 4 at 3-6 pm, he did. He said it will take 7 days to be shipped to CA. It was delivered on the 11th at the time he said it will be. Maricel, after I placed the ship order, assured me that she will take care of any damages if any. JUST TRUST THESE PEOPLE. THEY SAY THEY SCREEN THEIR DRIVERS... I REALLY THINK THEY DO. That’s what I was looking for, drivers who will take care of the car.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We had our car shipped from California to Florida by Ship a Car. The driver, Mr. **, of KBS Palena, was courteous, prompt, and efficient. He picked up and delivered our car precisely and safely when he said he would. We also received very helpful information and assistance from Renee, our Ship a Car rep, who made extra efforts to assist us. We were very impressed with the service from Ship a Car.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My experience with Ship a Car Direct was excellent. They did exactly what they said they would do and delivered my vehicle on time. Shipping price came in under the estimate and shipped three days from my initial call. Very happy.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Ship a Car Direct seemed to have good reviews and I felt confident when I was talking to them. Eve was very professional and friendly. Then once we had everything booked, I had a lot of communication from them. So I always felt like it was easy to connect with anybody that I needed if I had any questions. It was a very smooth process and I felt very comfortable using this company to find the driver to hand the car to.

The driver was great too. My parents dropped the car off with him and they said that he was very nice and professional. Then I had that same feeling when he arrived and gave me the car. Ship a Car Direct had given a vague estimate for the timeline and once the driver had picked the car up, they also said that they thought it would be delivered on one day. But it ended up being the day before so it was great. The car was very dirty but that was to be expected. And past that, it was fine. The quote was spot on as well. I would absolutely recommend Ship a Car Direct.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

First time I used Ship a Car Direct, their communication was great, and very friendly personnel. Car was picked up and delivered on time. Price was same as quoted, no last minute increases. I will definitely use them again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Ship a Car Direct had my Toyota Camry transported from California to Texas. They were recommended to me when I first used them. They did a good job so I used them again. I thought the quote I was given was expensive until I looked into it and found out that the price was about the same as everybody else. So, it was reasonable since the second time we moved was during the high season.

The representative who helped me communicated well. Also, the delivery of my car was good. They gave me updates on how far away they are the day before, and then the morning of, and then an hour before. The transport took three days from beginning to end, and my car was fine when it came. Ship a Car Direct is good. On the first time I used them, the toll way system kept charging me all the way to California. I received the bill because it has the tow tag information on it. I called Ship a Car Direct and they took care of it. They said that it shouldn’t be charged to us. Then, they gave me the refund since I already paid the tow tag company.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was helping my parents move their four-door sedan to their new location in a different state. I needed to have it transported from California to Texas and I checked four shipping companies. Ship a Car Direct's price was competitive and their online review was good, so I went with them. They were very easy to work with and they were responsive. The quote they gave me was reasonable and accurate, but it was not the lowest I got. There were a couple companies that offered cheaper quotes, but they were within the 50 bucks range so there was no big difference. And the final price I paid was the same as the quote that Ship a Car Direct gave me. The schedule was on time as well and when I had a question and called in, they always had someone to pick up the phone and answer the question. Their service was pretty good and they were very consistent. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I moved to Vegas and I needed to have my Acura TL shipped from North Virginia. I did my homework and then I went with Ship a Car Direct because of their reviews and price. I had also talked to other people about it. John, the organizer, was great. He did everything quickly and kept me posted from the beginning to the end. I told him what I needed and he made it happen. The quote he gave was competitive like everyone else. Also, it didn't change upon the completion of the transport that's why I like Ship a Car Direct. The guy who delivered my car was excellent. He was professional and reliable. He shipped my car in so quickly and he was so nice. I was blown away at how easy this was. It exceeded my expectations. The car has no damage at all.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have shipped many cars over the years with average success. This company far exceeded my expectations for professionalism and following thru on what was promised for a reasonable price. I am now shipping my second vehicle thru them as I write this.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

We recently used Ship a Car Direct to move our antique collectible 1955 Daimler Empress from Charlotte, NC to Morro Bay, CA. This is the fourth time we have used this company and we couldn’t be more pleased. The service was excellent and efficient and we received our car in perfect condition. This is a very professional company that I would highly recommend to anyone who needs to have an automobile transported.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct. They were professional and explained everything in regards to shipping my car. Received my car in perfect condition. The driver was very nice and if I ever need to ship my car again I would use them. Highly recommend if you are needing anyone to ship your car. They were amazing!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Ship a Car Direct was the best cost benefit and with the quality of the reviews that they had, it was the best price per review. Everything that we had questions for, they answered. Everything went smoothly too. The driver wasn’t very accommodating but other than that, it was fine. I needed him to arrive at a certain time but he couldn’t, and then we met halfway so it worked out.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

We were moving from New Hampshire to South Carolina. We drove one car with the trailer and decided to ship the other one. I saw that Ship a Car had some good reviews online which was what led me to them. I booked online and I got an email saying everything's going through and they're farming out the car shipping to various third-party transport companies. They also did it on whatever was the lowest. Then, the third-party company contacted me saying they'll be picking my car on a particular day which was within the window that I wanted it to be.

The delivery took place a day earlier than we were expecting but there was an issue where they couldn't get the truck into the neighborhood that we were in. We had them meet us at a local Costco parking lot which was near where our house was so it all worked out. They dropped the car off in the parking lot and we signed a couple sheets of paper. It was very simple.

When shipping a car, it's very expensive and there's always an element of the unknown but they were right along with every step of the way as far as informing us when the car would be picked up, how long it would take and when it would be dropped off. This was also during the weekend when Hurricane Florence was coming through so it was a little bit unnerving but they kept us informed and everything went fine.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I used Ship a Car Direct when I shipped some vehicles to my nephew in Louisiana. I dealt with Jennifer from customer service and it went very well. I took advantage of Ship a Car Direct's online quote calculator and got Jennifer's quote. I looked at another competitor for a quote and they were roughly in the same range. There was a $100 difference, but because I had already booked with Jennifer at Ship a Car Direct, I went along with them. The price was spot-on and it was reasonable given what I had. She was emailing or calling at all times and was keeping me abreast. She was very patient and very helpful to me. There was a holiday and she happened to be traveling, but all the notes in the file were up to date. If I had a question, she called me. If I emailed her, she emailed me back. If I texted her, she texted me back.

Initially, the cars were in Suisun, which is close to Fairfield, and she was emailing me that they got no drivers yet, but she said that she would keep me posted. However, I got nothing for about a week. Some activity happened over the weekend where I said that I was moving the vehicles. I ended up moving the vehicles to my home in Elk Grove and had the transport driver pick up the vehicles from there. I changed the order a bit and she updated her file very quickly. Once I changed everything, she was in communication via email or text to my phone. I was assigned a driver within a day. Jennifer contacted me and said that she found me a driver and that the driver should be calling me.

I called the driver and had to let them know that I couldn’t drop what I was doing because I was at least half an hour out from home, but I would be there. The driver was patient and he worked with me. The gentleman arrived at my home and there was not a problem loading up the vehicles. I was amazed at how those things loaded up. Unfortunately, one of the vehicles did not ship because I could not get it started and the driver could not take it because it had to be up and running. He tried to help me get it started, though.

When they arrived at the drop-off location, there was also no problem. The driver called prior to their arrival. He called my family in Louisiana and said that he was about half an hour out. He also called me to let me know that he was half an hour out and to let me know that he was dropping off the vehicles. He also asked if someone was going to be there to receive them and I let him know. I called my family and he subsequently called them and said that he was about 20 minutes out. He also asked to be told me where they wanted the vehicles parked. All the cars were received in the condition in which they left and my family was very happy. I spoke to my nephew and there were no problems with the vehicles.

I prepaid the driver, so I paid him for the contract I had agreed to, which was taking five vehicles to be transported. He only took four, so I have one in which I made contact with him last week and I said that I’m in the process of getting the vehicle repaired and that as soon as I get it repaired, I will call him. I let Jennifer know and she is in the loop at Ship a Car Direct. She told me to let her know if I have any problems. Hopefully, by the end of the week or next week, I’ll be shipping the vehicle on my way.

I did some research online with other transport companies and saw some bad reviews, even with the broker or the transport driver. I did not have either one of those experiences with Ship a Car Direct and none of those were on them when I looked around. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct immediately. They are very customer service-oriented, and they will keep in touch and keep you updated.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We are very pleased with Ship A Car Direct shipping our car from Ohio to Portland. The staff were very helpful; responsive to my questions; and keeping us updated every stage of the process. Our car was delivered one day ahead of schedule in perfect condition. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs to ship their vehicle across the country.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

My daughter was moving from Missouri to California. I looked at other companies but I was more comfortable with the amount of feedback I was getting from Ship a Car regarding our shipment. I had them give me a quote and the delivery went fine. The driver showed up to pick it up at the time he said he would. The transport took about a week and it was very smooth. The delivery arrived on time at the time he said he would and it was in good condition. We’re very happy with their service and I would certainly use them again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

It was my first time moving my car and had to ship it from Delaware to California for work. I went with Ship a Car and their price was reasonable. Also, the person on the other side of the line told me the timeline and he was really helpful. A few days before the actual date, he called me up and said there was a carrier that was gonna take my car sooner and deliver it within four days if I was willing to pay $75 extra. That worked for me because I needed my car sooner in California.

The pickup was right on time, the delivery was exactly when they said it would be delivered and the person who came to pick up and drop off my car was extremely courteous and knew what he was doing. It was a good experience end-to-end and I didn't have any hassle with the move. I also didn't have to keep calling back for reminders or to ask them where my car was and how long it was gonna take. Overall, I had a good time working with them and I loved the whole experience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Ship a Car Direct was more responsive out of all the companies that I was trying to get quotes from. I had a great interaction with their reps. They were very straightforward. They told me what I need to do. It was very clear and they tried to make the process stress-free. We were able to get it done really fast. It took a week from when the car was dropped off to when it was delivered to me. The last time I used a car shipper, it took two weeks so this was a lot faster. Their driver was amendable to arrange a location to drop off the car which was nice because I live in a place where it’s not exactly easy to get a huge trucker out. With Ship a Car Direct, I had a better idea of what to expect and they were also much more forthcoming with information.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I looked at around seven transport companies for my move and chose Ship a Car Direct for their price and the number and quality of the reviews. The quote from the online calculator was within my budget. Also, their reps were responsive and the driver was friendly. The transport took four days and everything was really great and smooth.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My mom was moving up from Mississippi to Colorado and we didn't want to pay to drive down there, so we needed to ship her car. I made the mistake of logging on and putting my information and got blasted by about 50 different emails, text messages and calls, so I opted to not to go with the people who did that. I searched for a company that was more reputable. Ship a Car Direct had good reviews and the company was located in Colorado so I decided to go with them. Their rep, Shannon, set up the entire thing and she didn't have any qualms with it. Before the car was to be shipped though, we started to get nervous because it was a week before and we had a three-day window to ship the car and we hadn't heard anything at that point. Shannon reached out and she said that a carrier was gonna be assigned shortly. From that point on, everything was all right.

The drivers were very friendly and were very understanding of the situation. They offered to allow us to put some stuff into the vehicle because they didn't see a concern with weight. Then, they got here very quickly. They were a little late but they were very prompt in letting us know what was going on. Plus, they were dealing with three different people throughout the entire process. Also, the quote that the company gave us was a couple of hundred dollars over the actual cost. We were quoted at 12 to 14 and we ended up paying 11 which was perfectly fine.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

A relative gifted me a car which I needed to ship from Chicago to Colorado. I looked at about 10 different transport companies but Ship a Car Direct was really responsive. Their price was right and they had a lot of good references on the internet. Their driver was on time and as expected. He picked the car up on Friday and I had it by Tuesday. It was faster than I expected. In the end, they charged me an extra $25 but the price was right where I thought it would be and I was pretty happy with it. Overall, it was an easy and pleasant experience and I would recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I chose Ship A Car Direct based on reviews by other customers. They offered the best price and also received the most positive reviews. I was not disappointed. They even worked with me to reschedule the shipment date by 3 months. Once my ship date was confirmed, I was provided with a shipper very quickly. The car was picked up a bit late, which was a bit stressful, but it all worked out. The car was delivered on time with no issues.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We moved across country and our experience with Ship a Car Direct was fantastic. Having never shipped a vehicle, we were hesitant to do so, but they made everything very easy. Clear communication, prompt service, and car arrived spotless! Highly recommend!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I used Ship A Car Direct to transport our son’s Car from Seattle to Indianapolis. I was well informed throughout the process. The hauler arranged was professional and timely. They had all information accurate and delivered one day ahead of schedule. Final price was in the range quoted. Note that the final price is not set until the hauler is selected. I did a lot of research and selected Ship A Car based on a strong BBB rating and high ratings from customers. Not the least expensive, but the service was great and the process was smooth!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My son was getting out of the Marine Corps, so we had to ship his '06 Audi back. We looked at four different transport companies. We went with Ship a Car Direct because of the customer service reports from other people. Their reps reached out to me right away and asked me about the date, and because I did it so far in advance, we made it a little closer. Jennifer was my representative and she walked me through every step of the process.

As we got closer, she emailed me almost every day for status updates. We got past our date which she ended up getting delayed because we couldn’t find a carrier and she literally gave up some of her commission to raise the price so we would get a better carrier. We ended up getting the car picked up that day. Also, the quote provided was a little bit low based upon what I had seen across the board, but they were confident that they thought they could get a carrier. We came up a little bit, but we were still way below everybody else and it was my choice to go up so we can move the car quicker.

NNT Transport delivered the car and they were professional and phenomenal. The transport took only about 24 hours. They called and told me when they were gonna pick the car up, where it was, and when they dropped it off. They gave us enough notice. The car arrived in an impeccable condition, too. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct and I've already referred them to three other people and family members getting out of the military as well. I told them to check the website because Ship a Car Direct was amazing.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was moving to a different state and needed a transport service. I used a different transport company and I was not happy with their price. I tried Ship a Car Direct and their price was almost similar, but then I got a call from their representative and he was helpful and really good at answering my questions. He was able to match the price that I was thinking. He actually re-sent the link and I tried the price, and I was lucky enough that somebody picked up my offer and everything worked out well. I felt really comfortable and happy. The transport took five days and the driver was kind and quick. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The Ship a Car Direct rep answered all my questions and he kept up very good communication. He also sent me a lot of videos to look at. I enjoyed the quote that he gave me, and it was very accurate too. The transport took two days and it was done smoothly. Overall, I had a pleasant and easy experience with Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I was giving a Honda CRV to my niece and I didn't wanna drive. It was too far. Ship a Car Direct did a really easy quote thing online and sent it within 10 minutes. It was fast and the quote seemed reasonable to me. I paid $200 more than when I used them 10 years ago, which seems fair. The truck drivers and the guy who called me were really nice too. I was shipping the car from Arizona to Minnesota and they said it would be on one day or the next day. It wasn’t until the next day that they came but they were really cool about keeping me informed. The car was delivered to my niece, who was only 19 years old, and she said it went pretty easily. My experience with Ship a Car Direct was awesome. It was all done online. It was perfect. You should jump on the ring too, and tell Ship a Car Direct what kind of car you've got.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I bought a car in California and I live in Illinois. I called several companies and got quotes. Ship a Car Direct's quote seemed reasonable and comparable, and the person I talked to was very helpful. It was the first time that I was shipping the car myself so she explained the whole process and how it works, how she's a broker and how they put out the job for a bid. Ship a Car gave a timeline anywhere between four and seven days to transport the car, but then it only took them six days. It started on a Monday and they got to me on Sunday. The driver called me to make sure that I was home ready. They were fair and they explained everything pretty clearly. You also get the car when they said you would.

Ship a Car Direct expert review by Lauren Fix

Ship A Car Direct has been shipping cars for customers since 2008. They changed their name from Honesty First Auto Transport, which emphasized the importance of honesty to them, in order to make their services clearer to customers.

• Free added insurance of $500 on every order: Every carrier they use carries the standard insurance coverage for any damage during transit. Ship a Car Direct also offers an additional $500 on every order – free of charge.

• Door-to-door transport: Ship a Car Direct loads your vehicle at your home or other location, transports it on one carrier and unloads it at the new address you specify. You don't have to worry about multiple modes of transport or about where to arrange pickup or delivery when you use this company.

• No upfront fees: Ship a Car Direct does not charge you any fees to place your order. There is no payment due until the carrier who will pick up your vehicle is confirmed.

• Short lead time: If you need to move a vehicle at the last minute, Ship a Car Direct does its best to accommodate your request. At the most, you'll have to wait one to two days to get the process started.

• Cross-country moves available: Ship a Car Direct offers service throughout the USA (except for Alaska), so you can move your vehicle across the country if you need to.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small business owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information