5.0(3,649)

About Ship a Car Direct

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that sets customers up with one of its pre-screened car carriers and answers any questions clients have about vehicle transportation. The company offers open and enclosed vehicle transport and accommodates any size of vehicle.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Door-to-door shipping
  • No upfront deposit required
  • $500 built-in insurance
Cons
  • No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Featured Reviews

Verified
Allen, TX

I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my 2 cars. The rates were not very low or high. But selected them based on the reviews … The cars were delivered safely and much quicker. I am ver...

Verified
Delta, BC

From start to finish the communication was excellent. The driver delivered our car once our plane landed. The experience was excellent and the driver so professional, friendly and...

What is Ship A Car Direct?

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that connects customers with auto carriers. Ship A Car Direct offers door-to-door shipping and free estimates. You don’t need to provide any contact information to receive a rough estimate, though detailed estimates require additional information. Prices vary based on distance, vehicle type and time of year.

Ship A Car Direct cost

Costs vary based on several factors, but expect to pay $400 to $700 to move a sedan across several states and anywhere from $900 to $1,300 for a cross-country trip. The company charges up to 50% more for enclosed-carrier shipping, which helps protect valuable or antique cars — this is standard for most car shipping companies. To get a more accurate idea of what it costs to haul your car, use the quote estimator on the company’s website. For an exact quote, call and speak to an agent. Ship A Car Direct does not charge upfront fees.

Ship A Car Direct also offers $500 of insurance against damage. So, if a carrier damages your vehicle and its insurance doesn’t cover the damage or won’t pay, Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 of that damage.

Ship A Car Direct transport options

With Ship A Car Direct, you can personalize your auto transport to match your needs. The only exception is when it comes to the pickup and drop-off method. Ship A Car Direct only offers door-to-door shipping, not terminal-to-terminal shipping.

• Enclosed shipping: If you want your car to have extra protection during transport, opt for enclosed shipping. This means your vehicle is protected from the elements in a container. Open shipping, the default option, is cheaper but doesn’t offer as much protection.
  • Door-to-door shipping: Ship A Car Direct’s deliveries are always door to door, meaning it picks up your vehicle at your home and drops it off directly at its destination. It does not offer terminal-to-terminal shipping, which is when a carrier picks up your car at a nearby terminal and drops it off at another one close to your destination.
  • Cross-country shipping: Ship A Car Direct offers service throughout the U.S. (except Alaska), so you can move your vehicle cross-country if needed. Expect this to take between one and two weeks.
  • Interstate shipping: If you’re moving your vehicle across a few states, expect it to take from four days to a week.
  • Expedited shipping: If you need to ship a car at the last minute, Ship A Car Direct can handle it. Just keep in mind that it costs more than a move planned further in advance.

Ship A Car Direct FAQ

How does Ship A Car Direct work?

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker, which means it works within its network to find you a reliable auto carrier. In return, you pay Ship A Car Direct a fee, which is typically worth it because an auto transport brokers’ expertise makes the experience much easier.

Does Ship A Car Direct have a damage-free guarantee?

Yes. If your car is damaged and the carrier won’t cover it, then Ship A Car Direct covers up to $500 in damage.

Does Ship A Car Direct require an upfront deposit?

No. Payment isn’t required until Ship A Car Direct confirms your carrier and shipping dates.

Do we recommend Ship A Car Direct?

We recommend Ship A Car Direct — its customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and we also like that it provides rough estimates of how much it costs to ship a car without requiring contact information. That’s a rare feature among auto shippers. Its damage-free guarantee and door-to-door shipping are also standout features.

Stars Rating

• 96%
  • 3%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

Shipped a 2019 Honda Civic from northern Indiana to Flagstaff, AZ. Note: our requirements for this move were very flexible. I didn't have any deadlines for pick up or drop off. I just need to move the car from A => B within a 3 month timeframe. I had a very good experience with Ship A Car Direct. Communication with Lottie was very good. I got all my questions answered. There were no surprises with $$. What I was quoted is what I paid. It's important to realize that these folks are brokers - and they have relationships with actual carriers. In other words - Ship A Car Direct is not going to be picking up your car. Rather a regional or perhaps local carrier is going to be actually showing up and doing the work of transporting the car.

The Chicago-based carrier that Ship a Car Direct selected was excellent. They called me and we arranged a pick up time. They arrived exactly when they said they would. The car carrier rig was in good shape and the driver was obviously an experienced pro. Drop off in Flagstaff was smooth and no problems with the condition of the vehicle. Generally, Ship A Car Direct did a great job from start-to-finish. They followed up after the move to make sure things were cool. I would recommend them to anyone who needs to ship a car.

Hi Reed,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Ship a Car Direct! We're delighted to hear that your Honda Civic made its journey from Indiana to Arizona smoothly. It's great to know that Lottie provided excellent communication and answered all your questions, ensuring a seamless process for you.

We're grateful for your trust in Ship a Car Direct and for choosing us to handle your car transportation needs. Safe travels!

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

In need of a reasonable/reliable way to transport our son’s Jeep I began researching online. The results pointed towards Ship a Car Direct and we were not disappointed. The process was very simple and stress free. Matt was very professional and guided us through the process. Information was forwarded through email, text and phone calls. We heard from customer service, dispatch and the driver. Utilizing a downloaded app pictures taken before and after ensures damage accountability, which there was none!

The vehicle arrived the way they picked it up and in a timely manner. We were able to coordinate a safe drop off spot, due to a lot of low trees in our neighborhood. The driver was cautious to be sure the Jeep would arrive safely asking us questions and keeping us updated on his eta. Our quote was what we paid no hidden fees or surprises. Being in the military our son will most likely be on the move in the future and will definitely be using Ship a Car Direct!

Hi Steve,

I'm thrilled to hear that we provided you with a seamless and stress-free experience in transporting your son's Jeep! I'm happy to hear too that Matt and the team went above and beyond to ensure clear communication from start to finish.

Thanks so much for trusting Ship A Car Direct! :)

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

When I was considering options for transporting my Mom's car from CA to GA, I relied heavily on user reviews to inform my decisions. I'm writing here in the hopes that others will benefit in the same way. I had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct and am very satisfied. Unless you book directly with a carrier, there can be some scheduling uncertainty in this process and I very much appreciate the communication, guidance, and clarity that Ship a Car Direct provided to me even at the outset. They explained the process, set my expectations, gave clear (and very affordable!) pricing, and were available at every step along the way. Even though there were a couple of ETA adjustments in my delivery, the clear communication from the outset and continual updates in the process were very professional and allowed me to adjust things on my end accordingly. I am very, very happy with my experience!

Hi Travis,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great and satisfying experience with us. It is wonderful to know that our communication, guidance, and clear pricing met your expectations. Thanks so much for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2023

I was so thankful to the Lord for Lottie and her kind caring help! She was so efficient and always responded back to my emails, knowing this was all a new experience for me! My sister just bought her car and I wanted to make sure it arrived there safely! She almost drove but I insisted it was safer to have it transported so the Lord used Lottie to help greatly!

The actual transport company, Direct Motor Lines, Inc., did not receive a 5 star though as their estimation took almost double the time (understandable due to unforeseen problems) but their communication was poor and should have kept us better informed then, instead of just wait til they’re an hour away! However, the car finally arrived safely and my sister was so excited to get her car back! For such a concerned endeavor involving someone else’s car- - -Lottie was a gift from the Lord in how comfortable I felt to ask questions, voice concerns, etc.! Thank you so much Lottie and the others who helped! God bless you!

Hi Laura,

We're truly grateful for your kind words. We're so happy to hear that Lottie provided you with caring and efficient assistance throughout this new and unfamiliar experience. We understand that the transport process with Direct Motor Lines, Inc. had its challenges, and we appreciate your understanding regarding the unforeseen issues.

We'll make sure to pass on your appreciation to Lottie and the team. If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

I got about a billion calls, texts and emails when I was looking for someone to ship our Highlander to NY from CA. The only company that had real humans who weren't pushy salesman was Ship a car direct. They told me it would cost about 1350 but if I was flexible with dates they could try get better rate (I ended up paying 1300). Emails and videos were super helpful on their site and they gave me the driver's cell phone so I could get info right from the horse's mouth. He was running a day late on the pick up but still got it here on time - the Ship Car Direct team was super communicative. They emailed me the schedule update and even answered my call at 9pm! I could text my broker anytime and he always got right back to me - I can't remember his name - (like Mark or Matt maybe?). I've shipped 3 or 4 times and it has always gone badly. These guys were awesome! Would recommend!

Hi Radio,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you had a positive and hassle-free car shipping experience with us. It's not uncommon for slight delays to occur in the shipping process, but pleased to hear that our team maintained open communication and provided you with updates promptly. Your recommendation means a lot to us.

Thanks so much for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Customer Service

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I've used Ship A Car Direct many times and they've never let me down! Excellent communication and customer service and my car has always arrived when promised (sometimes ahead of when promised) and always in the same condition as it departed. Highly recommended!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 22, 2024

Very pleased with Ship a Car. Scott was always available and responded quickly in a pleasant way. Had a few bumps in planning that were calmly handled. The actual ship was great, the driver communicated instantly and was exactly on time.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you had a great experience with Ship a Car. We appreciate your trust in us!

Staff

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I’ve used Ship A Car Direct many times to transport my kids cars back and forth to school and they have been excellent! It’s always easy to get in touch with Scott and he always answers all my questions. I love the app that allows you to take pictures of the car before it’s shipped. I will always use Ship A Car for future transports.

Hi Cyndi,

Thank you for your loyalty! We're thrilled to hear that Ship A Car Direct has consistently provided excellent service for transporting your kids' cars. It's great to know that Scott has been responsive and helpful, and that you find our app useful for documenting your car's condition. We look forward to assisting you with future transports. :)

Delivery & Shipping

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I was nervous because this was my first time shipping a car and didn’t know what to expect. Maricel was transparent, provided consistent updates and stayed within my budget. I don’t know when I’ll be shipping a car again but at least I know who to go to.

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're delighted to hear that Maricel made your first time shipping a car smooth and worry-free with transparent communication and consistent updates. Whenever you need to ship a car again, we'll be here to assist you!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed April 20, 2024

Ship a Car Direct. My go-to car shipping company. David, it's always a pleasure doing business with him. Communication is on point. Fast shipping, company very reliable, no hassle they promised, and they deliver 100%. Truck drivers are very professional. Communication is on point also. They picked up my car on the 15th of April and got delivered on April 18. 100% satisfaction.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your kind words. We're thrilled to hear that Ship a Car Direct is your go-to car shipping company and that you had a positive experience with David and our team. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Ship a Car Direct Company Information