Call toll free
4.93/5
Based on 796 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video
ABBB Rating
View More View More

2990 Ship a Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I was googling best car shipping firms and I found an article that had Ship a Car Direct ranked really, really high, and their customer service team was one of their best selling points. When I called Ship a Car Direct, I had a really good experience with the guy that I talked to. He was very, very informed and he understood the business. He knew everything and did all the calculations for me and just let me know what was gonna cost me. It was perfect, and he was really good. Ship a Car Direct was a high-quality company with outstanding customer service and they made me feel comfortable and took care of me.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona and I needed to transport my father's Mercury Marquis. It's a pretty old car. I’ve used Ship a Car Direct before so they were the only company I looked up. Everybody was exceptional and I have no complaints about the communications back and forth. I also liked their timeliness and the fact that they were always accessible. The delivery went very smooth as well.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I use Ship a Car Direct company to ship my two cars to Houston. It was awesome. The carrier contacts and updates me the pick up and delivery time. The customer service is also wonderful. I will recommend this company for everyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I contacted Ship A Car Direct to get a quote on transferring my Mercedes from Ohio to Florida. Within a day or so I received a response with a fair quote which I accepted. I was then advised on a carrier and was provided their information. I then accepted the carrier. The same day I was then given a pick-up and delivery date. The driver called me ahead of time to and let me know the exact pick up time, he was EXACTLY on time. Dave from Ship A Car contacted me and assured me he would also help with any transportation needs or questions. The carrier then delivered the car EXACTLY on time once again. Ship A Car was quick to get me a quote, assign a carrier, kept in good contact, and everything went absolutely perfect. I was very impressed with Ship A Car and also with the carrier they provided. Very thankful for the great service, fair price, and perfection on pick-up and delivery. Thank you Ship A Car Direct!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I went to different company websites to see what their processes were like. Ship a Car Direct has a video that describes their whole process which really made me go to them, and then I read that they have bonds. I also corresponded with one of their reps and he was very patient, professional and answered a lot of my questions.

However, Ship a Car Direct wasn't able to confirm the pick up until a few days before the schedule, even though I have scheduled the car to be picked up a month prior to that. But my car was picked up and delivered safely so the end result was good. I texted and checked with Ship a Car Direct and they were very responsive. The person who picked up my car was very responsive as well. During the delivery, the truck wasn't able to come into the community I'm in so the driver worked with me as well. He was smart and he drove my car in to meet me halfway. And then I got in the car and dropped him off where his truck was at. Everything worked out well and I was happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I will definitely use them again!! Everything was super seamless and everybody was so helpful. It was amazing from start to finish! Also, the customer service was next level all the way through the process.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Worked with this group for three shipments now. Everytime they've come through. Pickup on time and early deliveries. David is extremely resourceful, easy to contact, and easy to work with. Would recommend them to friends and family. Will use again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We’re relocating from one state to another about 1300 miles and we transported our Lexus GS30 through Ship a Car Direct. They had the best reviews from what I could see online. Their rep was very professional and any questions I had, he was able to answer right on the spot so I was really pleased. They established a pickup date, then the driver was there on time and delivered it a day early for us in Florida. The driver also kept us all informed and then the car arrived safely in town.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I chose another company and tried several times to reach them regarding a quote they gave me. Never returned my calls so I contacted Ship A Car Direct. Immediate response. Clear explanations as to the process. Found a terrific carrier to transport my car. The carrier stayed in touch and was on time both picking up and delivering. Process was very easy. Communication was good with both Ship A Car Direct and the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I must say I a bit nervous for my first time shipping a car cross country. I researched many companies for a few months before I finally decided to use Ship a Car Direct. They had a lot of positive feedback and good ratings. I was still a bit nervous but all went well. The car was dropped on time to a hotel in Sacramento where my daughter stayed the evening her flight arrived. Scott at ship a car was honest and easy to work with. I will be using them to bring it back when the time comes.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have used these guys in the past and I will not hesitate to use them in the future if the need arises. They are very diligent and keep you informed every step of the way. Everything went very smooth throughout the whole process.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I bought a Lexus out of state and had to transport it about 800 miles. I got Ship a Car Direct for the job and everything was flawless. Before picking them, I Googled transport companies and looked at whatever the highest rated ones were. The combination of that and the quotes that I got, plus some interaction with a guy from Ship a Car Direct, got me decided on them. I had a lot of questions and Ship a Car Direct reps were able to steer me to information they had on their website. They put my mind at ease based on the answers that they had for me. Furthermore, the delivery was faster than I even thought; it was a two-day transit plus the July 4th holiday. I highly recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was across the country and decided to fly rather than drive. However, I had cats that I didn’t wanna put in the car for 28 hours. It was a military move so it was very last minute. I started to panic and Ship a Car Direct was the first one I found that was able to book me quickly so it worked. I had my sedan transported for about 2,000 miles from New York to Texas. Everything was great. As soon as I submitted the request for quote online, I got an email. I was trying to figure out things back then so they sent a couple of follow-up emails. Their quote was fair and it was what I expected. When I had all of my information for the mover to coordinate, I called back their direct line, they gave me an email and they were able to get me connected with the transport service within a day.

As soon as Ship a Car Direct connected me to the transport company, someone from there called to schedule the pickup. They rescheduled earlier which was okay. I didn’t need the car for the day so it was better to get it moving so it’d get there sooner. It took seven days to ship the car to me which was exactly how long they told me it was gonna be. They called me the day before the delivery to tell me when they were coming and then they called again about an hour before they dropped the car off. The whole process was easy and there was no damage to my car.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Ship a Car Direct was the second company I got an actual quote from and the biggest thing for me was the speediness of it all. Unfortunately, the first car company that I was trying to look at processed me and took way too long to link me up with a driver. On the other hand, as soon as I spoke to Ship a Car, I got my answer pretty much immediately. Most of my beginning interactions was all through email and that was done in a speedy process so that was nice.

I was moving across the country and I shipped my SUV across about 2,500 miles. But the driver ended up coming a few hours later than the window they had given me and the time frame for the day the car was being delivered was a little messed up. But when I called to talk about it, the customer service was helpful again. The driver also gave me the call when he was supposed to on the day before the delivery and then on the morning of. So that all worked out really well. It was funny that he arrived at 7 o’clock on a Sunday but I was more than happy to finally be getting my car so I was okay with that. Besides, he was nice and friendly. He did it in a quick session and it was quiet too for being so early in the morning on a weekend. There was one little downside but I would still recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I bought a a Volkswagen somewhere else and I needed a transport service to get it from where it was to here which was a thousand miles. I used Ship a Car Direct since I've had previous experience with them. Their customer service was very responsive. I got a quote from an agent and it was reasonable. The delivery was great and the driver was communicative, flexible and excellent. They picked up my car on Thursday and delivered it on Monday. I would definitely use Ship a Car Direct again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Go for Ship a Car Direct. You can trust them. When I moved from New York to Texas, one of my colleagues told me that they were good and that I could trust them. Then I did some review work on Google and decided to go for it. Ship a Car was quite expensive though. Other companies gave me better offers but I didn’t want to do it because I didn't know them. The reps at Ship a Car Direct were also very friendly and they kept their promises which is good. The guy from the delivery was also nice. The transport took about six days and I had no problem with getting my car. I called him for updates and he gave me updates as well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was in a rush to ship my vehicle from east to west and Ship a Car Direct's service was pretty much door to door. Aside from being dusty, the car arrived in the same condition. The transporter also kept in contact with me for the pickup and the drop-off. I had a good experience dealing with Ship a Car's representatives as well.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Ship A Car Direct worked very hard to find car carrier and came through as my relocation route was difficult. Kudos to Nikko with GGWT LLC contracted by Ship A Car for his professional and on time delivery of my car from CT to AL. I would highly recommend Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Overall good experience. Price was very competitive. Communication was exceptional from bidding to delivery to post delivery. Car was 1 day late arriving but not a big deal. Car arrived in perfect condition.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I was very satisfied with my experience transporting my Honda Civic with Ship a Car Direct. I moved from New Jersey to Texas and used Ship a Car Direct after looking at around 5 companies' reviews online. Also, a friend recommended them. Working with their organizer was pleasant and was lightweight. She took the information and then sent me the form to fill out online. I filled out the form, submitted the order and made the payment online. And though in the end the cost of the service was about $30 up and down compared to the quote, still, Ship a Car Direct gave me a fairly accurate quote. My car was delivered a day earlier than what they gave me and the driver called me about 45 minutes prior to arriving.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The other two companies I was looking at were more expensive than Ship a Car Direct and the latter also got back to me much faster. I requested a quote and it seemed human-generated, at least from the email. The experience was straightforward and professional. I had never shipped a car before and I was nervous but every time I called them, they were able to answer my questions. Where I was living in Maryland was a much smaller area so it was challenging for Ship a Car to find the actual car shipment people. But they kept me in the loop so I didn’t feel nervous. I was given a heads-up for when the driver was gonna roll into town and then they kept in contact too. Once the actual car shipment people got closer, it was like, "All right. We'll meet in a couple of hours."

I dropped the car off with them on a Tuesday evening and they delivered it in San Diego four days later. It was surprisingly fast. I had been given me a much bigger window. They thought it would be anywhere from a week to two weeks so four days was nice. The quote was also exactly accurate and the car arrived in perfect shape. It was a little dirty from traveling 3,000 miles but there was not a scratch on it and the car ran fine. I was happy with Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Ship a Car Direct is really great. I shipped my Infiniti Q50 to Florida because I was moving. The total transport distance was 1500 miles. I’ve used them two other times to ship two different vehicles to my son in California. I loved their service. I really feel very at ease with Ship a Car because they send emails before, during, and after the whole process. John was my point of contact with them. He’s fantastic and I felt very, comfortable working with him. Even when I had scratches and stuff on my first car, John was on it. He said, “Get a quote. Don’t worry”. He was wonderful. I've recommended Ship a Car Direct on the next door now that I’m down here in Florida and I think John got a job out if it already.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Ship a Car Direct had a nice and speedy process. I needed my car transported 3,000 miles very quickly because I got a job across the country and they needed me there quickly. They also gave me a lot of information upfront that made me feel good about shipping with them. In addition to that, the interface for giving the quote was nice and simple. I could also go ahead and start the process and not be financially tied initially until something had already been decided on and agreed upon.

When the reps got the carrier lined up, they handed me over, gave all the information I needed about the carrier, such as the contact information and when they would be arriving. While the car's condition was perfectly fine upon arrival, I had difficulty with the guy who delivered the car. The instructions of where he was weren’t the clearest. He was at Dunkin Donuts and we were literally right after New York City, so we ended up finding him at the third Dunkin Donuts that we went to. Still, I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone who is shipping a car.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I moved from New York to California and I needed to ship a Honda Fit. I looked at a few transport companies. I went on an online website and they posted up different vendors, and they did some bids. Ship a Car Direct was the most competitively priced. I worked with a car shipping company in the past and I was really pleasantly surprised at how much communication that Ship a Car Direct has. They had multiple communication channels open. They had a lot of follow-up and feedback too. The delivery of the vehicle went as expected as well. The driver picked it up at the scheduled time and then he delivered it a day early, which was fine in my case because I was there before him. It worked out really great and the condition was the same as if when I dropped it off. I'd recommend them and if they're as competitively priced in the future, I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I first got a quote from Ship a Car Direct two months before I had to ship the car. When I called back a month later, the gas prices went up and they told me that if the gas price goes up, the quote varies a little bit. When I was ready to ship for sure and I gave them the date, they gave me the price with the little increase that it had and it stayed the same as then.

Everyone at Ship a Car Direct was good. They talked to me, helped me out, answered all my questions, told me what to do, and how to do it. It all worked out the way they told me it would. Even the carrier was really good. I’m 60 miles from Pittsburgh and I thought I was gonna have to drive all the way into Pittsburgh, but it turns out that he came to my location. He called me on the evening before the scheduled pickup. He was dropping off a vehicle about 45 miles from where I was. He said that he could come and pick the car up that evening. It ended up being a better location.

The transport took five days. The carrier was supposed to come Tuesday, but he picked the car up 7:00 in the evening Monday and it was delivered on Saturday, which was the day they told me that it would be delivered. Everything, as far as shipping the car, picking up the car, communicating with the people, and discussing the how, when, where and why, worked out well.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The process was without any surprises. While shipping a car from Rhode Island to Arizona. Jennifer was excellent at keeping me informed about the schedule and followed to see if there were any questions or problems. The price was the quoted price, pick up was on schedule and communication throughout the process. Highly recommend Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

While visiting family in Alabama my husband fell and broke his right. Because of other complications we were unable to drive our car back home to Pennsylvania. I researched several car brokers online and chose Ship a Car Direct because of their great reviews and my conversation with Eve for an estimate. She explained the process really well and made me feel confident that this was right company. The carrier was on time in picking up the car and delivery with no damage or scratches. I would use them again if needed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Great experience. Both Ship A Car Direct and the actual shipper, ARV Express, were excellent. Both were there for my many calls and were pleasant and accommodating. The shipment was picked up on time, delivered on time and everything went smoothly. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My friend had already availed the services of Ship a Car Direct so I decided to use them when I moved from NJ to Florida. And I would recommend the company to someone else as well. I had a really good experience and they should also expect a good service. Their reps were spot on with the date and time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Working with Ship a Car Direct made moving my car across the country so easy! Renee and the whole Ship a car direct team were fantastic, but the best part was that they found a wonderful driver who was amazing! Thank you ship a car direct!

Ship a Car Direct expert review by Lauren Fix

Ship A Car Direct has been shipping cars for customers since 2008. They changed their name from Honesty First Auto Transport, which emphasized the importance of honesty to them, in order to make their services clearer to customers.

• Free added insurance of $500 on every order: Every carrier they use carries the standard insurance coverage for any damage during transit. Ship a Car Direct also offers an additional $500 on every order – free of charge.

• Door-to-door transport: Ship a Car Direct loads your vehicle at your home or other location, transports it on one carrier and unloads it at the new address you specify. You don't have to worry about multiple modes of transport or about where to arrange pickup or delivery when you use this company.

• No upfront fees: Ship a Car Direct does not charge you any fees to place your order. There is no payment due until the carrier who will pick up your vehicle is confirmed.

• Short lead time: If you need to move a vehicle at the last minute, Ship a Car Direct does its best to accommodate your request. At the most, you'll have to wait one to two days to get the process started.

• Cross-country moves available: Ship a Car Direct offers service throughout the USA (except for Alaska), so you can move your vehicle across the country if you need to.

• Best for: Out of state movers and small business owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information

CO
855-492-9222
www.shipacardirect.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business