4.86/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Ship a Car Direct

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

2356 Ship a Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Not the cheapest offer I got to have my vehicle shipped, but the excellent customer service, really top-shelf communication, prompt delivery and peace of mind was worth a little extra money. I would use Ship A Car Direct again without a second thought!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Ship a Car Direct. When relocating the pressure associated with a move is bad enough without any additional unnecessary problems. It is a Godsend to do business with a company that actually performs and does what it says it will do. Ship a Car Direct is that company. With the assistance of our Sales Rep John, we were able to have our car picked up, shipped and delivered as we initially agreed upon, with no misrepresentation, or hiccups through the entire process.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Jennifer customer service was awesome! She was patient, answered all my questions and kept me informed and up to date. Vinnie the driver did a good job as delivery was a few days early and my Nissan Maxima arrived in good condition! I definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct and would use them again!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This was my first time transporting a vehicle. The transport was from Kingston, Washington to Lady Lake, Florida. I would use ShipACarDirect again and recommend them to others. Having established, trusted, bonded, and insured carriers made me feel comfortable. Guaranteeing to cover any damage that the carrier would not, was also a selling point for me. ShipACarDirect was in constant contact with me by email. They provided me with their phone numbers. Also, ShipACarDirect put me in direct contact with the car carrier. Their carriers do the entire transport. They do not pass the cars from carrier to carrier. Rudy's Transport was the carrier. My car was loaded and stayed on Rudy's carrier for the entire 3,000 miles. The car was delivered without damage and was taken to a car wash first.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I was giving a car to my sister-in-law in Manassas, Virginia to help her out. A friend had a good experience with Ship a Car Direct and recommended it so I called them on a Tuesday and they picked it up three days later here in California. Then it was delivered cross country the following Wednesday. They called and emailed me when they shortened the amount of time and I was lucky that it was completed within eight days from the initial call to deliver. Ship a Car Direct had good communication, good follow-up, and great service. I'll do it again next time I have to ship her another car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

It was an easy experience shipping my car to Pittsburgh through Ship a Car Direct. I chose them over others for their price and reviews, and they have been great, especially the shipping company.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My son who lives in Tennessee was given a car here and we had it shipped by Ship a Car Direct. At first we thought we were going to drive it, however, the vacation plans couldn't put together, so we shipped it instead. Ship a Car Direct was the first to return our call after trying several companies for several days. They let me know how much I was going to have to pay them upfront.

The only drawback we had was that they did not finish the transaction on the credit card. I paid their piece via credit card, and then I had to pay the driver with a certified check because the drivers don't take cards. That was a slight problem because we couldn't ship $1100 in time to make the Tennessee drop off, so we paid him in San Diego. It wasn't a big deal, but it was inconvenient. The driver showed up on time and was very thorough. He walked around the car, just like we did. The car had been safely checked just before he finished, the day before he showed up. They did a very good job and we're happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My daughter went to school up in Baltimore, Maryland and instead of me and her driving, I shipped the car. I did research six months ago and Ship a Car was more responsive. I requested an online quote and the representative immediately responded back. Then we started back and forth ‘cause I asked questions. It took three months before I decided on going with them. Their rep periodically touched bases with me to see if I was still planning on using them, plus their the rate was reasonable. They were very friendly and I felt safe and comfortable with them.

The delivery wasn't on time but I knew the nature of the beast was they will tell you within a 30-minute window and it ends up being an hour, and I prepared myself for that. They picked the car one mile from the house and put it on the back of the trailer and it ended up in Maryland in two days. Overall it was good and dependable service. My daughter will be coming back in four weeks so I’ll probably contact Ship a Car again and ship the car back here.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My experience when shipping my car was super. This was the first time that had ever needed to ship a car and I must say that shipacardirect.com put my mind at ease. I will definitely keep this company in my list of contacts and use their services in the future. Wish everything was this easy.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

We were moving from South Carolina to Tennessee and upon research, Ship a Car Direct’s reviews were better and I got more information on that company than I could with others. I got a quote over the phone and it was fair. There was one trucker who called me because his truck broke down and he had to cancel. But he said that if it sits there for too long, it’s because the quote is low and I could bump it up a little bit, which I didn’t. I wasn't in a hurry, so I didn’t bother. I have a family member back in South Carolina who could handle the pick-up for me, so I wasn't concerned. I was there at drop-off and it was the same driver from South Carolina. He was a nice old man, so I had no issues. He left in the morning and got in late in Tennessee but he doesn’t do drop-offs at night time and I was fine with that.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

They will give you a quote, higher than all... But will say the right things against other companies to make it worth the additional cost... As soon as you give them your credit card info you will get a steady e-mails stating only estimate price will probably be higher. Buyer beware. Def scam. Not honest on phone.

Ship a Car Direct response

Hi Linda,

We apologize if there was ever any miscommunication on our part regarding the quote and pricing. We try our best to be as up front as possible regarding the price and any possible price increases, especially when dealing with remote locations like Montana. You placed your order with us on 10/5 and then cancelled the next day 10/6. We usually need more time than this to help secure a carrier and finalize the price and dates. We only charge our customer's card when we dispatch a carrier for your car. Our apologies if we did not make this clear over the phone or in our emails, we will work on improving that moving forward, Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Angela supported me through the process and she was extremely helpful and very professional. I selected Ship a Car based on web reviews, so I had "buyer beware" syndrome. She put me at ease, and my vintage '73 Triumph TR6 was shipped on time, delivered early and was in perfect condition. I highly recommended Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I used Ship a Car Direct to move a car from Las Vegas, NV to Albany, NY. I found their pricing to be competitive and their service was excellent. Absolutely no problems. Their driver picked up the car when they said they would and delivered it the same way. They were able to move the car across the country in less than one week and the car was received in the same condition it was shipped.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I'm a medical student. My car has been in the North East for a while and I needed my car shipped as I was moving back to Texas. I did a lot of search and reviews and Ship a Car Direct had a good history so I went with them. I got a lower quote from somebody else but Ship a Car was willing to match it so it was a good experience. Their rep, Jenifer, was awesome and good with keeping in contact. She was easy to get ahold of and if she gets anything, she always made sure to call back within half an hour or so. There were no disappointments and only great expectations in the level of service they provided. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I had a great experience with Ship a Car Direct with no areas of concern throughout the whole process of my car being shipped across the country when I relocated. So, I was very happy with them. They had a stellar reputation in transport service. I was satisfied with what I read on the reviews and the conversations that I had with the staff. Their quote was accurate, there were no hidden costs and it was fair. From scheduling to receiving my vehicle, everyone was professional and courteous. They would answer any question, whether it was minute or large. They were always available anytime I had any concern about the timing, anything on the process. They helped to alleviate my fears along the way being the first time I've used a service like that.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was moving and picked Ship a Car off the internet. The reps were very helpful, informative and awesome. The quote I got was very good, and the price I paid was about the same as the quote. Their level of service was excellent too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I needed to ship a vehicle from Detroit to Denver. The quote I got from Ship a Car Direct was high but I felt better that they would deliver. The representative I dealt with was excellent, friendly, prompt and efficient. The driver was especially good, patient, and on time. It has been an excellent experience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Ship a Car Direct held my hand all the way through the process of shipping my car across country. They did very well anticipating every concern I would have as a newbie to this type of service and I never felt left out of the loop. I also appreciate that there were no hidden cost. I say just stop your search and use these guys. They are reasonable in every possible way!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I was moving from California to North Carolina. Ship a Car Direct answered all my questions and all the online reviews were good, that's why I decided to go with them. There were a lot of videos with questions and answers on their website and it was helpful. I also talked with Matt and he's the one that always answers all my questions. Everything was perfect and as I expected.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I’m a soldier and I was moving from one state to another. I wanted to ship my car and Ship a Car Direct came highly recommended by two of my co-workers. I called them based on the trust I had on the recommenders and their quote was very fair. I also dealt with a man named Scott who was exceptional. There are a lot of shady characters in this industry, but Scott was a straight-shooter, above-board, and very helpful throughout the whole process. Overall, Ship a Car Direct was awesome and I’ll use them again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

My son decided to stay at a different location, relocated and needed a car sent. I checked two or three companies online and Ship a Car's price was definitely more competitive, and they had good consumer reviews. The quote was incredibly accurate and they have good customer service, very timely responses to any concerns or questions. My son didn't have a bank account set up, so the credit card was a nice option, but a separate party picks up the car and it would’ve been better if they had been apprised a little earlier and knew the situation. We had a little hiccup when I tried to pay using a credit card. When the driver showed up, he was unaware of that and got a little nervous. Ship a Car called his company and took care of it, but the experience could have been a little bit smoother. Overall, it was an excellent service and everything went smoothly. They did everything they said they were going to and they were always there.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

From the beginning of looking for a automotive transportation company, I conducted a lot of research and found that Ship a Car Direct was far more competent and informative than the others. From the moment I talked with John, I was informed and knew exactly how things were going. I would highly recommend this company!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I needed a car moved from Massachusetts to Florida. I really had no timeframe. I started the process 2 1/2 months before I needed the car. I got tons of emails and texts from companies. I narrowed it down to Ship a Car Direct based on other reviews. All I wanted was the car here with no damage. They sent me helpful videos on how to get the car ready, what needed to be done as far as the process (taking pictures with their time dated app etc...). I got emails and phone calls updating me on what was happening with the shipping. The first shipping company backed out, I got called right away. They put me back in the queue. It took some time but I also don't live in a high traffic part of Florida. The car, once picked up, arrived within 48 hours. The driver was great! Very courteous, called the night before and the morning of delivery. Car was exactly how it got put on the truck. I was very happy with the whole experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I read some online reviews and Ship a Car Direct had way more positive reviews than other companies. They had 4,000 reviews versus their second competitor having 1,000 reviews, so I went with them. The quotes from other companies were $20 to $50 cheaper but I figured that wasn't enough compared to the service that Ship a Car's customers were raving about. The quote I got from Ship a Car was good. I had to pay a bit more because I had to pay the carrier to load up my car but I was fine with it. I had a problem with the carrier because they didn't fax over my summation to the final carrier. My car was shipped but I didn't receive it days prior. I was worried about that, but the Ship a Car rep Eric got on it and the carrier finally contacted me. Overall, Ship a Car was reliable.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

In an industry not known for many good qualities, Ship a Car Direct stands out as exemplary. Great customer service in sales, pick up and delivery points. Any questions I sent out in email were answered amazingly promptly. Use of app for photos gave me a great sense of confidence that had anything happened to our car, I would have easy access to a good solution. I have already recommended them to others.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

From the beginning, when I received my quote and was in communication with John, at Ship A Car Direct, to utilizing the app for photo documentation of the exact condition of my Mini, to having it dropped off across the country in great condition - I was assured all along the way of the status and timing. My questions were answered promptly and I was able to call the driver, RB, while he was en route. Great company!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Having never shipped a car previously, we were concerned about how it all worked and whether it would be a hassle. Ship a Car Direct immediately lined up our carrier. Pick up was seamless and every inch of the car was inspected and noted. We had a hiccup when the delivery driver needed to deliver it a day before we could accept it, but the company (Julie) worked the issue through quite easily and the resolution worked perfectly. Have another car to ship in a month and we will definitely use Ship A Car Direct again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My daughter will attend the PhD program in Indiana and she needs a car. I found Ship A Car Direct from the Consumer Affairs website and also, my friend said it's very good. Within one week, they sent me all the things, the rules, and the procedures but not the final people who would ship my car so I was worried because we will be going with the car the same day. But it all worked out in the end, and the service was excellent. If I was worried about anything, I could go online and talk with the representative.

They're very helpful and tried to calm me down because I had the quote two weeks early and in the final two days, the price changed. We paid $200 higher than what they quoted. Eventually, they reduced it and gave me some of my money back. They paid half, and I paid half. I would recommend them because they're a trustable company. They really want to serve people and not only take their money.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We were moving from Seattle to North Carolina and we needed to ship our personal car. Ship a Car Direct had the best price and their salesperson was helpful and very clear with the process. I called them and he explained that they would try to get somebody to pick it up at our agreed price. And if they didn't, they would offer a little bit more and split the difference with me.

The driver was super helpful, too. We had arranged to drop the car off at a dealership because they didn't have anybody who was going to be flexible when we were setting up the pickup. We called him on the day of the pickup and he was staying at a hotel closer to where we were staying so we could just bring it over at his location early. He made contacts several times during the trip.

The company was very good and proactive about keeping us informed about what the next steps were and all the way through the process. The car was picked up on the 22nd and then it was delivered like nine days later. It was done on time and the person who shipped it was also very proactive. When he noticed that our grill was loose, he secured it and tightened it for us to make sure that there wasn't any damage on the trip. It was an excellent experience, great communication, and the people that I dealt with were very professional.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I got a good reference from my friends who used Ship a Car Direct many times in the past. They said, “You can directly go with Ship a Car Direct.” So, I chose them and it turned out good. I used the online calculator for a quote and then someone reached out to me. The quote they gave was better than what I was expecting. The driver gave me updates about every situation, where he was and when he'll arrive. He was professional. I got my delivery on time and the experience overall was good.

Ship a Car Direct Company Information