4.86/5
Based on 899 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Choose Ship a Car Direct if you're in need of an honest, friendly, and fair priced Car Shipping Service. Every order comes with $500 in added insurance, free of charge. Our job is not just to set you up with one of our Pre-Screened Car Carriers, but also to answer any questions you may have about Vehicle Transportation. We offer both open and enclosed vehicle transport and will accommodate any size. Contact us to get a fair priced quote for shipping your vehicle.

Ship a Car Direct Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

2614 Ship a Car Direct Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I needed to move a car, a Hyundai Elantra 2015. I liked Ship a Car Direct's price so I went with them. Their rep was professional, very knowledgeable and just to the point, no sugarcoating. Their quote was 90% accurate and their delivery process was excellent. They picked up the vehicle on Friday and they delivered it on Monday. They have exceeded my expectation. I would advise my friends to use them too.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I wanted to ship my son’s Nissan Sentra from Arizona to California. I spoke to someone from Ship a Car Direct online and they clearly explained the process, especially with identifying a driver for the truck and how late I’m able to cancel my order if anything changes on my side. There was more flexibility if anything changed, like changes of plans and I had to cancel my order, so it was easy. The quote I got ended up being exactly the same. There was some fluctuation from the driver, but the shipping company lowered the fees so the total would be the same. The cost in relation to the quality of service was headache-free, so that was important for me.

I was communicating with the driver before he left Phoenix, and he communicated with my son when he arrived in California. They hooked up very easily. He called my son and gave the time that he would be arriving at the apartment. He picked the car up on Monday but he didn’t leave Phoenix until Wednesday, and then he got there on Friday. I knew that the service was not going to be an exact science, and they told me that. My son also was already there a few days before, so if it had been a tight schedule, it probably would’ve been different. But since my son was already there, it wasn’t that bad. I would’ve expected they delivered on Wednesday, but Friday was fine. They were really good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My son moved to California and we needed to have a Hyundai Santa Fe shipped for a couple of thousand miles. I looked at the reviews of 10 transport companies and Ship a Car Direct had really good reviews, and Matt, their rep, answered my questions and was very helpful with the general information that I needed. The price was very fair, too. I was able to get quotes from most of the companies I checked and they were all very close in price. Ship a Car Direct's quote was more than the other places, but their reviews really kicked it over. And in the end, the quote was the same.

The car was picked up on a late Thursday afternoon and it was delivered on a Monday morning. So, it was quick. I was very afraid the car wasn’t going to get there in time because my son was signing up for the Disneyland College Program and he had to check in on the 13th. And it took four days and it was such a relief. The driver, Dimitri, was very nice and he came first thing in the morning. He looked at the car with us and then we paid him. I would use Ship a Car Direct again and I would highly recommend them. You can trust them, you don’t have to worry, and your car gets to where it needs to be when you need it. Matt and Dimitri were great, too. I’m very happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had to get my Hyundai Santa Fe from the Seattle area down to my home in Arizona because I wanted to fly and not drive it. I did some internet searching and looked at reviews from three different sources. It was a process that I have never done before and all of a sudden, there were these dirty brokers trying to get a hold of me. I screamed them out and didn't return a lot of calls. Then I chose four companies to look at, one of which was Ship a Car Direct.

I had a lot of questions written out and their rep, Jennifer, complimented me on thinking about most of the things she would have told me anyhow. Then she gave me some additional information to make me aware of some factors that I think would make a lot of other people unhappy with shipping their car because they expect everything to go 100% on the pickup and arrival dates but that's never going to happen. I've also drawn an online quote from their place then, Jennifer emailed me and told me to give her a call if I had any questions. When I finally narrowed it down to who I wanted to talk to, I called her because I thought she was the best among the persons I spoke with. I also chose Ship a Car Direct because I liked the way they approached the whole thing.

I made arrangement for somebody else to handle the pickup at my business in the Seattle area because I had to fly out that day and that went very smoothly. Then, when the car got here in Arizona, I got a call from Nicoli, the driver, saying he'd probably be here in a couple of hours. Then he was right here at the driveway with my car and there was no damage to the vehicle, whatsoever. I would tell others to seriously consider using Ship a Car Direct because they're a good organization.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ship A Car Direct did an excellent job of arranging for my car to be shipped from New York to the Chicago area. The car arrived on time and in perfect condition. I was kept fully informed by email about all arrangements. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Hello Norton,

We are happy to know that your car has arrived on time and in perfect condition.

We appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for trusting Ship A Car Direct!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My wife took a job in Tennessee, and we needed to get her car, an Audi SQ5, out there. Most of the shipping companies say the same thing and when you read the reviews, they all have good reviews listed, but they also all have a handful or so of bad reviews. It looks like the reality was it wasn’t so much the backend shipper but the people who actually handle the car that they contract with that were either good or bad. So, I asked Ship a Car Direct if they had a bad experience with one of the actual shippers, which they stated, no. I realized that you could have a bad contractor that will bring down the rating.

Ship a Car Direct had a good overview of how they handle their bad shippers and how to maintain a higher class of shippers. So, I decided to go with them based on that. Their transport organizer was great. The final cost was exactly what they said it was going to be. The carrier driver was very good too. He picked up the car at our location and delivered it to my wife. However, he couldn’t get the big truck up to where she lives. So, the driver drove my wife’s car up there to her, and she just dropped him off back at his truck.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I was getting out of the military and moving back home. I had to ship a Kia 410 from California to New York and the other companies that I previously looked at had really bad ratings. I also read the reviews from the Ship a Car Direct website and everyone had good things to say. When I called Ship a Car Direct, the rep was very helpful especially on a short timeline. He gave me all the information I needed and answered all of my questions and the turnaround was really quick. I called him and I'd have to pick up two days later. So it was a very pleasant experience.

Their quote was very low compared to some of the others that I looked at that had bad reviews. Also, the quote was 100% accurate, and I paid exactly what the quote said. It was a very good a price especially for transporting it all the way across the country and with the care that I received from Ship a Car Direct, it was definitely a fair price. I had no scratches or any damage on the vehicle and the truck driver that I was working with was very nice. He was easy to talk to and he kept me in the loop on his location and when he would be arriving. He made it very easy to schedule that pickup. I received my car actually on the exact date that he said I would receive it, and it just took a little more than a week. I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I had a car that got totaled where I live. So I was looking to get a new car and I had family member who had just decided to go out on a spree and bought a new car. I bought their old Ford Focus off of them. They were from Austin, Texas so I had to ship the car to Central Illinois. I like that Ship a Car Direct's website had a couple of different bids and the woman I dealt with through them was great. Her name was Jennifer and once I submitted the request for the bid, she called me, and she was very smart and helpful.

I ended up paying about $50 over the online quote that I got but that was because the contractor wanted more. But then they said they would also get the car here in a day, so that seemed more than worth it to me. In the end, the price was exactly what they told me it was going to be, so that was perfectly fine with me. I had a couple of hiccups when I had to change things for pickup at the last minute and I had a tough time communicating the changes with the carriers. So I got frustrated and called Jennifer and she took care of everything.

They were able to move my time frame just a little bit so I didn't lose the car for more than an extra day. It was really nice. The diver didn't have English as his native language and that made a few difficulties but he was very nice and patient. He got the car here super quick and everything was perfect on that end. I had a good experience with Ship a Car Direct. If I had to move a car again, I would just go right back to Jennifer.

Hello Paul,

We are very happy to know that you had a good experience with Ship A Car Direct. We will surely commend Jennifer for a job well done in assisting you.

Thank you for trusting us! :)

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Usually not a lucky person but once in a while God is great and he send you a golden needle in the haystack. Lucky me to find SHIP A CAR DIRECT. World Class Organization. Everyone I came in contact with was very professional and delivered 100% on their promises. Very pleasant experience for me. Dealt with other companies in the past who were not even remotely close to the services I experienced with SHIP AS CAR DIRECT!! Made my day for sure!

Hello Thomas,

We are happy to know that we were able to provide you a very pleasant experience. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

David and everyone with Ship A Car Direct was so helpful and professional. I was asking around for who to use and heard stories of the truck never picking up the car or the car getting lost in the Midwest for 2 weeks so I decided to go with my own research and I am so glad I did. It was a last minute shipment and my car got picked up the first day I requested and arrived the first day expected. There were no surprises or complications. Shipping my car turned out to be one of the easiest things in moving across country.

Hello Molly,

We are glad to know that you find your car transport easy! We are also so happy to know that David and everyone involved in your car transport were very helpful. We will surely commend them for a job well done!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I found Ship a Car Direct through Google. They were well rated and provided a quote immediately. I thought they were inexpensive compared to other shippers I have used and decided to give them a try. They went to work immediately. My car was shipped the exact day I requested (5 days after my initial contact) and, I introduced new obstacles along the way. My car was delivered in 3 days, 5 days ahead of schedule! Everyone I dealt with was professional, courteous and supportive! I highly recommend this company!

Hello Art,

We appreciate your high recommendations. We are glad you had a very wonderful experience with Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

From the very start, Ship A Car Direct was honest & thorough about what the cost would be, what possible fees I could run into & keeping my husband & I informed on anything that had to do with our car. They charged $950 to move my car in an open container from San Diego to Virginia Beach. Due to a storm we had on our end, it took them longer than expected (totally understandable) so it took about 8 days total. On arrival, our driver was very professional & answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend this company & I plan on using them again! Thank you!!

Hello Christian,

We truly appreciate your efforts in sharing your experience. Glad to know we made your first experience in transporting a vehicle great. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I requested that my daughter's vehicle be transported from FL to WA. The Ship A Car Direct representative, Scott, or other company representatives stayed in contact with me throughout the delivery process. My experience was positive!!!

Hello Phyllis,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. We are glad we were able to assist you transporting your daughter's vehicle. Happy Heart's day to you and your family! :)

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I bought a car and didn't want to drive it back through the snow. I was considering Ship a Car Direct and one other company but I had a question and the woman I was dealing with from Ship a Car was quick to respond to either emails or phone calls. The quote was also good because my service was there when I was up there buying the car and they were quick to respond on when the transport company was going to be there. The distance was about from Chicago to Atlanta and we started on a Saturday and they got it to me Sunday afternoon. They were great.

Hello John,

We appreciate your efforts in sharing your review. We are happy to know that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

After going through the whole process a week later after even calling to confirm with the main office... Scott their rep and the actual shipper they dispatched... When I called the driver a day before they didn't even know about the car. The company is incompetent and very hard to reach. In fact I could not get any help from my rep. They left me in very bad situation. Also LIED. Said could not dispatch over the weekend. I called another company and they dispatch 24/7. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND USE A DIFFERENT COMPANY. P.S. When I told the shipper about BBB complaint and Yelp etc... They said, "Go ahead. Won't make a difference." I have the text. Terrible company with terrible customer service. Don't fall for it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I shipped my Sedan coast to coast. I had looked into quite a few shipping companies and then I gave up on the idea because of the horror stories I read. Then I came across Ship a Car Direct and they had the better reviews than most other companies. I felt good enough to give it a try and it worked out very well. They gave me a price that was fair. They set up the schedule and everything worked as stated. I was completely satisfied at every aspect of the experience including the customer service. They were competent and they performed as they said they would. The carrier drivers were very businesslike and the vehicle arrived in good condition. The whole process took 7 days which was what was stated in the beginning. I would recommend Ship a Car Direct to the next person.

Hello Dieter,

We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the service we provided. We appreciate your recommendations. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct. :)

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I was looking online for auto transport companies and after reading the reviews, I went with Ship a Car Direct. They were upfront and gave me an average quote. I had them transport my 2012 Honda Crosstour and they kept me on top of things. I also met their driver at the pickup and drop off. I was in communication with him and when he arrived, there was a little bit of dirt on the car but that was 2,200 miles worth. Other than that, everything went pretty much the way they said it would go.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We used this company to facilitate shipping a car from Virginia to California. It was a bit more expensive than other transport services we found, but had much better reviews. We were pleased with every aspect of the service, from the initial contact to the drop-off of the car in Sacramento. Would definitely use this service again if I needed to ship a car.

Hello Linette,

We are glad to know that you were pleased with every aspect of the service. We will definitely be happy to assist you in your future moves. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We were moving from California to Texas and we had a baby, so we didn’t want to drive our Rav4. We got a quote from a shipping company and we were going to go through with it and then they said they would charge extra $200 for having anything in the back seat. We realized we would use our car also to ship things like the pillows. And there was a hidden fee with that company so we canceled them. The people at Ship a Car Direct, on the other hand, were easy to talk with. We got them on the phone quickly, which was encouraging.

The customer service representative we dealt with was really thorough. We asked him all the questions. He knew what was going on. He did a lot of follow-ups and also, everyone was really good about following up. I like that there was an app to record our car conditions. Our car is kind of beat up and it was not like we were shipping a Lamborghini, but it was nice that there was thoroughness there, which we appreciated.

The delivery was great and was on time. We had the same driver for the pickup and drop off, so it was nice. My husband really hit it off with the driver, so it seemed like they were having a fun time. I've shipped my car before using another company and I've been really surprised at how much follow-up and feedback Ship a Car has been asking for. They did a great job. And although we had to fill out a lot of customer things at the end, they were very thorough and transparent.

Hello Mona,

We appreciate you sharing your experience. We are happy to know the transport of your Rav4 went great. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I had nothing but good things to say about Ship a Car Direct. I Googled Consumer Reports and Ship a Car is one of the top-rated shipping companies. And based on the reviews and what people said it seemed like their communication was the best and that’s what I was looking for. They were also the least pushy. The carrier driver called and worked with us to get us to a location that was convenient for both parties and was early on delivery and communicated with our representative to give us updates on the status so that was really helpful. I actually have another car being shipped out at the end of the month. Their communication skills were top of the tier and I had a great experience. I would recommend them.

Hello Elvira,

We are happy to know you had a wonderful experience with Ship A Car Direct!

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your recommendations. Happy Heart's day! :)

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have a friend who shipped their car through Ship a Car Direct so I also went with them and my experience was good. Their reps had taken the order and then they had phoned the carrier for me. They had taken a couple of days to do it but I think it takes that long to find them a carrier. They have good knowledge and expertise. The delivery was good as well. In fact, the vehicle was delivered a day earlier than what was promised to us. We’re happy with it. Thank you, Ship a Car Direct, for the overall service.

Hello Sirisha,

We are glad we were able to make you happy with the service we provided transporting your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct! :)

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Ship A Car Direct provided an excellent service from beginning to delivery of my car from Denver to LA. Communication per email and phone was clear and professional. Choice of carrier RUS-AL INC was great, the driver Randy delivered the car in very good time.

Hello Marielle,

We are happy to know that we were able to provide you an excellent service and that your car was delivered on time. Thank you so much for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Single car from CA to MD. They were clear and confident in responding to my questions, didn't pressure me in any way, and were communicative throughout the whole process. My car was picked up and delivered on time, and right on estimate.

Hello Stephie,

Glad to know your car was delivered in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This is my first time to ship my car, and Ship a Car Direct did a great job that I am very satisfied. The car arrived at the destination both safely and timely. Ship a Car Direct provides reliable service because they kept in touch with me during the whole process. The drivers are also very friendly and helpful. I will consider Ship a Car Direct if next time I need to ship my car.

Hello Xinyu,

We are happy to know that you were very satisfied with the service we provided. Glad to know your car arrived safe and sound. Thank you for choosing Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I like Ship a Car Direct's website, and I got a good fast turnaround on the questions I was asking them. They had the right answer and also a good price. It was a better quote than I had gotten from a couple of other places by about 150 bucks. When I talked to the rep, he sent me a quote on the internet and he explained everything that needed to be done and how it would work. I told him that as soon as I close on the car, I'll call him back which I did. And then he set it up and I had a couple of days delay because it's a car that I didn't need, so I was pretty flexible. Five days went by before we finally got somebody to pick it up. They sent me an email telling me that they were still working on it and about 48 hours later, I got a call saying they had it all hooked up and ready to go.

The driver picked the car up right on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. It was about 15 below at that time and the car wouldn't start, but they got it jumped and put it on the trailer. He dropped it off in Virginia and it was miserable dirty and yucky. But that was because he drove it through the snowstorm and also arrived at our place in a snowstorm. In the end, I got what I expected, and the final price was very close to the quote that they gave me. It was just $25 off. There were no problems with the condition of my car. I was very pleased with Ship a Car Direct.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I went online asking for car companies that transport because I needed to get my 2005 Saturn shipped to Arizona. I looked at four companies and settled with Ship A Car Direct since they had a good review on a rating agency. I got an online quote which I thought was high and the final price was even higher. But I was very pleased with my experience. Ship A Car Direct was very professional and competent. The driver was very nice when I spoke with him. My son-in-law picked up the car and everything was fine.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Scott and the rest of the team at Ship A Car Direct handled my request professionally, and kept me informed throughout the process. I will definitely recommend them to any of my friends that have a need to transport a car quickly and safely. Thanks again to the team at Ship A Car Direct.

Hello Rick,

Thank you too for choosing Ship A Car Direct! We are happy to know that everything went well with your car transport. :)

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Ship A Car Direct promise and delivered my son's vehicle from Union, NJ to Phoenix, Arizona without any issues. John kept me abreast every step of the way and answered all e-mails. I would highly recommend this company. Thank you!!!

Hello Juan,

We are glad to know that your car was delivered safe and sound. Thank you for your high recommendations. Looking forward to assist you with your future move.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I shipped my 2016 BMW through Ship A Car Direct. Getting set up and meeting with their driver went well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We moved back from living abroad and we needed to move my son’s former car, a Prius C, from where he used to live to where we live now. The week prior, I tried to get another delivery service to help me out and they left me high and dry. My daughter-in-law had used Ship a Car Direct to move her vehicle before, so we went that route. The quote they provided was a little high, but they were able to quickly get someone to transport the vehicle. Plus the cost was very acceptable. They were very present in the beginning and then things started to happen, so I didn’t need them for anything. They were there if I needed them because there were a few questions I had, but they're hands-off. Also, I was kept informed by the driver several times the day before up to the morning of when he was there, so it worked out well. They were extremely responsive and everything was done as agreed.

Hello Annette,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are glad to know everything went smoothly as planned!

Ship a Car Direct Company Information

www.shipacardirect.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use