Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct

5.0/5 (38 ratings)

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

About Ship a Car Direct

Ship A Car Direct is an auto transport broker that sets customers up with one of its pre-screened car carriers and answers any questions clients have about vehicle transportation. The company offers open and enclosed vehicle transport and accommodates any size of vehicle.

Find Auto Transporters partners near you

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
    • No upfront deposit required
    • $500 built-in insurance

Cons

• No terminal-to-terminal shipping

Bottom Line

Ship A Car Direct works with a network of auto transporters to provide door-to-door car shipping. The company offers transport in open or closed carriers.

Ship a Car Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship a Car Direct?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car Direct?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

It was a pleasure dealing with Ship A Car Direct. I dealt with Lauren & she communicated throughout the process & very promptly replied to all of my questions. I will definitely use them again should the need arises. Highly recommended!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

We had a Jeep Wrangler shipped from GA to IL and it not only arrived earlier than expected, but with incredible care from the driver (Victor). The customer service before, during, and after the delivery was incredible. Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I have to express my gratitude to Matt with Ship Direct company. He made the shipping of my car from CA to TX a breeze. So easy process with lots of communication and updates. IT was customer service at its best and easy process. It felt I had a friend looking out for me. Thanks again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I found Ship a Car direct through some Google searching and compared to other services their practices seemed transparent enough. There were no hidden charges no base amount + other charges that you can’t back out of after signing contract. The driver picked up my car and dropped it off on time, no damages were found, there was no hassle at all. However, keep in mind that most drivers will prefer cash/Zelle payments. In short, a direct payment; I personally prefer Zelle for keeping records. There was nothing to complain. Could be slightly cheaper though.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We hired "Ship a car direct" company to transfer my car from suburb of Detroit to Tempe Arizona. We were extremely satisfied with the company. Scott the owner and other staff kept us up to date with progress. The driver who picked up our car was also very polite and efficient. Car was delivered on date promised in perfect condition. We will highly recommend this company to all our friends and use it without hesitation in future.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

If ever there was a no-brainer...this is it. I read every last review of every company on the internet for automobile shipping. TBH...I was very concerned about the process. Settled on Ship A Car Direct. It was a great decision. The price was fair. The car was picked up on time. Delivered on time. The agreed upon price was charged. The car was damage free. The shipping company took extensive photos and emailed them directly to me before leaving my drive. Matt from Ship A Car was great. Promises made. Promises kept. If I were to ship a car again...I would 100% return.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Ship A Car Direct was as easy a process you could hope for. I received excellent customer service. Their price was good and fair. Car was picked up promptly and delivered on time. I will definitely use their services again and highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Anyone looking to ship their car cannot do better than Ship a Car Direct! This company is incredibly trustworthy and has the best communication out of any company I have ever dealt with. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience. The communication through every step of the process made this completely stress-free. I highly recommend ship a car direct! Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The service was fast and reliable. I got the quote on Wednesday and my car was delivered to the final destination on Monday. They were able to finalize the transport in less a week. I would definitely use their service again if I need in the future.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

It was real quick and easy to have the car get shipped. Everyone that I had to talk to was real nice and helpful. When the car had to get picked up the driver came real close to where I lived and picked it up right away!. The car got delivered pretty quick! Overall if I had to ship my car again I’d definitely use Ship A Car once again!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I had an excellent experience with Ship a Car Direct! The communication was excellent and the pricing very competitive! Wade walked me through every step and answered every question. My car was picked up and delivered on time with no issues.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Would absolutely use this company again. I had never transported a car before and we needed to ship from Michigan to California. VERY happy with our Ship-a-Car Direct experience and would definitely call them again if we needed this service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Broker was in frequent contact with me about the status of my order, and went out of his way to keep in contact with my carrier during transit. It was a very smooth and transparent experience. I would use them again if I ever have the need!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Shipped a new car from dealer in SC to FL using Ship A Car Direct and experience was awesome. Nikki was very helpful in explaining all the details and within 2 days my car was picked up. The next day car was delivered as scheduled with no damage and in perfect shape. Very professional company I will definitely use again for transport.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I had to move from CA to TX within a week. I shopped for quotes and went with the lowest one I had at the time, which was not 'Ship a Car Direct'. The lowest quote was not a company I researched too well, so I did after ordering. Yelp and more importantly BBB had extremely negative reviews, so I panicked and cancelled.

After being bummed out about having to go with a more expensive quote from one of the more reputable companies, a friend, referred me to 'Ship a Car Direct'. I checked their reviews and BBB rating, A+. I tried once more for a quote and got in touch with Jennifer, she was very personable, walked me through how everything really works, and what I could expect each step of the way. On top of all that, she gave me my lowest quote by hundreds (which will vary depending on time and demand). During the process of my car in route, Jennifer contacted me to make sure I didn't have any questions and when I did out of the blue, she answered them and helped with my request. She was definitely one of the best through knowledge, customer service, and HONESTY. I cannot recommend 'Ship a Car Direct' enough and on top of that they have an app that helps with taking pictures during pickup and delivery!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Very pleased with customer service and delivery (open transport) of our car in mint condition from Washington to Florida. Reasonable price. Their app allows before/after photos to ensure there was no damage during transport. Excellent customer service: always answered phones, gave me the driver's phone number, frequent contact during the transport process. Would highly recommend and will be using them again!

Original review: July 11, 2021

Online ordering was easy. Lottie was our service contact and provided quick and accurate information. Car picked up quickly and dropped off a day earlier than expected which was great. Would use again.

Original review: July 10, 2021

ShipaCar Direct people were very friendly and easy to talk with. When finding a shipper for my car ran a couple of days beyond their estimate, they called to explain and actually found someone in the next couple of days.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I have used Ship a Car Direct twice now. The process is very easy and the customer service is great. Wade always sent follow up emails to keep me updated. He was also helpful to make sure I hit my dates. I would definitely use this company again in the future.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Used Ship a Car Direct after a HORRIBLE experience with customer service using a competitor. After relisting the vehicle, the customer service was incredible with multiple contacts a day to inform me of the status. The car was shipped very quickly and at a reasonable price (cheaper and faster than the "repriced" competitor that I fired) from Georgia to Idaho. Transit driver went above the normal to make sure that I was informed and kept up to date. Would use them again.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Service was great as was the driver. Would use again and recommend. Vehicle had no damage. Was delivered on time. Everyone I talked to was very nice and most helpful. Company provides great customer service and vehicle care.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My experience with Ship a car direct was excellent. Booking was easy and from the beginning they were transparent about the process. From there on communication was great. I always understood where I was in the process. My carrier was also great. Very accommodating and also excellent communication. The car arrived a day earlier than expected and I received a call the day before and the morning of the delivery. The car arrived without a scratch. I will definitely use this company again if I need to ship a car in the future.

Original review: June 23, 2021

The Ship a Car Direct representative, Matt & others we dealt with were courteous and helpful. They quickly responded to our emails and phone calls promptly. The carrier they chose was very good and we were quite satisfied with their performance.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Shipping our car across country with Ship a Car Direct couldn’t have been easier. Wade, the dispatcher, the drivers, couldn’t have been nicer and my car was delivered on time and in perfect condition! Would definitely recommend and use again!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Great communication, from first contact (Eric) to after the delivery. Actual humans to talk to, or correspond with. The car was picked up and delivered on the dates promised, with no damage. Receipts were provided promptly and accurately. You could not ask for more!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Great price! Great experience! Working with John was easy and painless. I was definitely stressed about my cross country move from San Diego to New Jersey but John and Ship a Car Direct put me at ease.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Ship A Car Direct arranged transporting my car from a dealer in Milford MA to Tampa FL. Good communication from driver along the way. Delivery date and time right on. Reasonable pricing and excellent service. Would highly recommend Ship A Car Direct.

Original review: June 8, 2021

From start to finish, this was an easy process. It was also the least expensive quote I got of about 5 or 6. The customer service was excellent, the pick up in Charlotte was convenient (and the driver was super flexible) and the car made it to Massachusetts in one day. Easy, convenient, and relatively inexpensive. Highly recommend!

Original review: June 8, 2021

Great experience with this company and highly recommend them! They were super communicative and courteous. Everything was quick and easy and my car arrived in good condition. My car even arrived a day early!

Original review: June 5, 2021

I highly recommend using Ship a Car Direct for your car transport. I worked with John, and he was in touch, promptly answering my questions and working hard to find the pick up and delivery dates that worked for me. The driver was in contact before arriving at both pick up and delivery, and was very polite and professional. Excellence all around!

Ship a Car Direct Company Information