Yonkers Auto Mall

Yonkers, NY

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

ENCOURAGE TO ALL THE VICTIM TO FILE A COMPLAINT TO ATTORNEY GENERAL OF NEW YORK. Their number (914) 422-8755. We bought a Nissan Rogue 2013 last Sept 2016. What happen is we bought the car worth 15500 dollars with 31000 miles while when we are in the room with Gina ** who is financial manager. We agree with the price of the car which is worth 15500 dollars and after all the paper signed she went back to a room. For 25 min waiting for her. After that she finally come out handling the contract inside envelop and she said all are set and all the paper will be sent and wait our registration which they will process for us and will be forwarded to our address.

While we back home we notice the price is different. From 15500 become 17498 dollars. What the **. This guys do this to us and the warranty which is supposed to be 24 become 70 dollars per month. I believe they change the price on the contract and give us a revised one. They are so professional scammer to do that. I hope the KARMA will back to them. They damage people life and money. They are really big time crooks.

I would strongly suggest that anyone who has a letter from Capital One to go to Yonkers Auto Mall not to take them up on their offer!!! They sold me a used car for 13000, the next thing I know it turned out to be 18000. Then after that the APR rate was 24.99 percent which is Criminal. But here's the kicker, they didn't tell me anything about it and I told him I was a first time buyer! I didn't know a thing about buying cars and they totally took advantage of me! The next thing I know I'm paying $36,000 for a car that was originally sold to me for $13000. I have 72 payments of $491.38 a month for 6 years!!! They really jerked me around. And now the lady doesn't want to take my phone calls and nobody wants to speak to me about this incident.

I purchased a used 2009 Altima from them in 2010. I was a little nervous because they told me that I could only have ONE KEY! I did find this strange because I had always purchased vehicles and were given TWO KEYS. I was told by a representative that they hold onto the other key until the vehicle is fully paid for. While processing my paperwork I did overhear a representative on the telephone with someone going to recover a vehicle because they did have the key. I should have walked out of the dealership then but I didn't and now that I have fully paid for my vehicle last December, I tried calling to request the other key and was told that I was never told that before because it's against the law to withhold a key from the buyer of a vehicle.

Now what am I supposed to do??? I wouldn't have created a story to get my second key that should have been given to me in the first place. This place is a rip off and one day they will be out of business with such disrespectful business practices. I did fulfill my obligation with my vehicle and unfortunately not every agreement is handled in the correct manner. The person that I spoke with on the phone was very quick to get off the phone with me and didn't want to entertain my conversation much longer. I guess he feared that I may have been taping the conversation. I'm not so sleuthish. All I wanted was my second key. One day they will get the "Right" customer and all of their deception will be revealed. Always trust your gut is the lesson learned!!!

It started with an email from Yonkers Auto Mall which stated I was approved (not pre-approved) for a Capital One Auto Loan and their dealership was a partner of Capital ONE Auto Financing. I first spoke to a sales rep on the phone who tried telling me he would have to run a hard credit inquiry in order to get an approval. I stated to him that his dealership stated to me that I was already approved and not pre-approved so he did not need to run my credit again.

After 30 minutes on the phone I finally convinced him that he did not need to run my credit. He also stated to come in the next day and I could look at the vehicles for sale. Upon my arrival to my appointment with the sales representative he asked me to fill out my information and to give him my information and proof of income. Before signing the form I reminded him that I did not want him to run a hard credit check being that I was already approved. He promised me again that he wouldn't.

So while he was getting my full application together I went outside to look at the vehicles. 5 minutes later he comes outside and tells me that there is a lock on my credit. I got upset and stated "If I didn't have a lock on one of the credit agencies, I would not have known that you ran a credit check," even though he lied and said he was not going to.

So I asked for the manager and explained the sales rep illegally ran my credit and that he admitted to it and apologized. The manager then gave me a different salesperson to continue with and apologized for the sales rep actions. At this point I lost my trust in this dealership but the new salesperson was extremely nice so I decided to continue.

However after speaking with the new sales rep after 5 minutes, I began to realize he was telling me lies and using bad sales tactics. He stated 2 of the vehicles I was interested in that were $14,000 would cost me $600 a month. He then showed me a car and tried steering me to buy it even though I didn't even want to look at it.

I asked him what was my APR percentage since the two $14K cars I was interested in were $600 a month for 72 months. He tells me "there is no need for you to know my approved rate and why did I want to know any way?" I said "Excuse me but my approved APR rate is extremely important to know and for a 14K car to cost $600 a month for 72 months, the car would have to be $45,000 total."

So he stated "Well due to your credit rating your approved APR could be 25% to 50%." I immediately responded "That is illegal and anything over 24.99% is considered loan sharking." The APR would have to be 165% in order for a 14K car to cost $600 a month for 72 months and that would make the APR total cost of the 72 month loan $31,000 for a $14,000 car.

Please keep in mind there were two other people with me so I know I wasn't going crazy and we all could not believe the illegal credit check and now the salesperson stating Capital One Auto Finance could charge $31,000 in interest. We all immediately left and I called Capital One and filed a complaint with their loan department against the dealer. Luckily I had this recorded on tape so they are taking our complaints very seriously. I am also now in the process of disputing one of the credit checks that ended up going through one out of the 3 credit companies. I strongly recommend that no one visit this dealership that are telling customers illegal APRs and lying about running a credit check if you already have an approved loan.

This place is a scam!!! They tell you one price and they end up with something else once all the paperwork is done. Dont let yourself get scammed too by these people. I would give this place a 0. Really upset!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Yonkers Auto Mall?

I went to Yonkers Auto Mall and saw a 2005 Ford Focus. A very quick talking salesman named Sal approached me. Said this just came in and take if for a test ride. It drove ok and I said let's get this. Asked for the CARFAX 2 times, said will have it after I gave small deposit. Went back with rest of payment and said CARFAX is delayed as was in an accident. I said let's get this done. I went back the day after and the car wasn't cleaned, engine was full of garbage, bones almost as if in a flood. I said "you really have to be kidding."

Please avoid going to this dealer by all means. They will sugar coat everything and throw so many things to you at once to confuse you and make it sound like a good deal. Salesman Rafael is an old perverted guy so ladies don't go alone. He went as far as giving me $200 cash on the low to take the car. Of course I will be filing a police report. Besides that they told me my mother's credit was lower than mine so it would be best to do it on my own. Come to find out her credit was way better, which would have made my monthly payments and interest lower. Also, the advertised price of the car was (Honda accord) $13,280 and I just notice today the price they put is $15,495. Which I just noticed today and this is why I feel the need to let you guys know what's going on with this dealership.

Beware of their hidden bank fees. They seem friendly and nice at first until there's a problem with your vehicle. After putting a down payment on our 2013 Nissan Pathfinder things started going downhill after that. There was a humming noise I noticed and mentioned it to them and they said it is covered under warranty and bring it to Nissan. The car was sold with a humming noise and bald tires. I brought the vehicle to Nissan and it was a bad wheel bearing. Transmission needed to be reprogrammed and the car needed new brakes and tires immediately. They will not buy back this vehicle! Find another dealership!!

Last year I purchased a 2010 Acura TL from Yonkers Auto Mall. Sal was the representative that was taking care of me. He was very friendly, and took care of me. I received the Carfax which was clear of any major accidents or repairs. A few months later my check engine light was coming on and off and when I called them no one returned my calls. So I showed up to the dealership. They sent me down the road to a mechanic at a gas station where he checked my car and afterwards the light was off. (I didn't know they could turn the light off without fixing the issue.)

It is not time for me to have my car inspected, and my car will not pass due to major mechanical issues. There is something wrong with the catalytic converter, and transmission. I called the dealership, and still have yet to get a call back. I spoke to one representative, they told me if I had a warranty on the vehicle just take it anywhere to get fixed. This dealership sells damaged cars, and do not trust the mechanics at the dealership or any mechanic they send you to.

My main concerns: poor inspection of pre-owned/used vehicles and potential attempt to pass damaged vehicle onto another customer. I had a pretty bad experience with Yonkers Automall. I am an Army soldier who is stationed in Georgia but is originally from New Jersey. I was looking to purchase a used Nissan Altima 2012, and my father noted that prices for used Altimas were $2000 - $3000 higher in Georgia than in the NY/NJ area. I decided to use a car inspection service to check out car options in NY first and then ship down the purchased vehicle to Georgia.

I found Yonkers Automall's attractive price for a used 2012 Altima. I began corresponding with Stef and ordered an inspection of the Altima I was interested in. Stef also sent me the vehicle's Carfax, which was clean of any major issues. The technician who inspected the car called me immediately to say that the Altima had significant structural damage to the floor panel (the underside of the car). He described an approx. 5'' x 16'' dent in the underside of the car, and he sent two photos (with a ruler next to the dent) to confirm his claim. Neither Yonkers Automall nor the CarFax identified any structural damage. The technician explained that while he could not exactly say how such structural damage would affect the resale price, he did emphasize that in his extensive work with used Nissan dealerships, any structural damage will significantly reduce the grade/resell price of a vehicle.

I brought this structural damage to the attention of Stef and sent her the photos. She seemed sincerely surprised and said that they had never checked the underside of the car. I said that I would only be willing to purchase the car if the price was significantly reduced to reflect the cost of repairing the structural damage. I never received a call back from Yonkers Automall. I cannot say for certain, but there is a chance that the used Altima was simply passed on for a similar price to another customer, who simply did not check the underside/floor panel of the car. I was very concerned when I did not hear back from Stef since my correspondence with Yonkers Automall had been so pleasant previously. I would be very disappointed to hear that Yonkers Automall sold the vehicle with structural damage to an unsuspecting customer.

They act extremely friendly and give you a lot of information all at once. Once you give them a deposit, it's downhill from there. They are extremely pushy, rude and only call you back when it's convenient for them. Do not recommend to anyone to purchase a vehicle from Yonkers Auto Mall.

I financed a car and before you knew it, it had fire safety recalls, half of which I had to pay for. I gave the car to the bank.

I bought a used car from Yonkers Auto Mall in November 2010. The salesman, Sal, was very pushy. But in all I completed the transaction and purchased a 2007 Camry. In the beginning, I dealt with Bibi who handled all the pre-paperwork. I dealt with Wally when completing the paperwork for financing. Please make sure you understand and read all of the paperwork for no errors. I have an attorney looking into a situation with my paperwork that was submitted. Also, they never gave me my Carfax which was requested 4 times since I owned the car. I couldn't get it when I purchased the car, so they say, due to the car just arriving on the lot. Also, they promise you that if you make a referral, they will pay you one month's car note. I did this and have yet to receive the payment. They will give you the runaround and become defensive and explosive when asking about it. I would never recommend anyone to this dealership. Their customer service and reputation is horrible.

Approximately three months ago, I purchased a 2009 Dodge Avenger from Yonkers Auto Mall because they were listed as a preferred dealer on the USAA site. The dealership specifically stated that the vehicle went through a vigorous New York vehicle inspection and would in turn pass a Pennsylvania inspection. Once three weeks passed, the alternator broke on the car. And while the vehicle was being repaired by their alternate service station, it was verified that all four brake pads and routers needed to be replaced as well. It was also stated that the tires were not in very good shape and it was recommended that they should be replaced. The dealership paid for the alternator, brakes and routers but refused to replace the tires. As of yesterday, the charge battery warning light on the vehicle came on and the dealership will not help. I am unsure on how to proceed with this or if I can file a complaint. This is becoming an extreme safety concern. Please advise.

They sold us a Honda Accord. We left deposit to come next day to take the car for mechanic. Next day, they said we cannot take the car to the mechanic. These people are not professional at all. They either sell you bad car or they make deal with you and if someone offers more money, they sell the car to another person. Just watch out. I took a whole day off to close the deal.

I purchased a vehicle from Yonkers Auto Mall on January 8th, 2010 by putting down a $2,500 down payment and dealer arranged financing. On Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 the bank that the dealer arranged for financing called to do a loan interview with me. During the interview I told them that I recently lost my job and payments would be difficult. Subsequently, the dealer then called me and asked me to return the vehicle.

I went to return the vehicle on Thursday, January 14th, 2010 but Sean was not there. So I returned the next morning, Friday, January 15th to return the vehicle. I was asked for the keys, but I refused to give them up until my down payment was returned. Sean told me that they would have to subtract $1,000 from my down payment for dealership costs. As I was about to leave the dealership Sean blocked the only working exit and kept me inside. Minutes later he ran out and removed the license plates from the car. I then drove the vehicle around the corner and walked back to the dealership. Yonkers police was called and they made me surrender the vehicle. The loan that was dealer arranged fell through. Therefore, I would like to get back the $1,000 (or most of it) that was subtracted from my down payment. I understand that there are dealer costs; however, $1000 is absurd!

I was looking to purchase a vehicle, but being a first time buyer I did not know the procedures for financing a used car. However I went ahead and got the vehicle finance through Capital One auto finance. The sales rep told me that the car was running great and that it had no problems. After about two weeks, I realized that coolant was leaking from the radiator so I took it back to the dealership for repairs. They claim that they fix it and, then it was okay for about three months then it started to leak coolant again so I called the dealer again and then they told me that my warranty has expired. So I decided to try and trade the vehicle at a Toyota dealership and the sales rep. there asked me if I had ever received a Carfax report from the dealership that I purchased the vehicle from. I told him no, I never knew I was suppose to get a Carfax report. Anyway he went ahead and got the Carfax for my car and the report states that my car was involved in an accident. Is there anything that I can do about this? I purchased the vehicle on January 7, 2008 and, the Carfax states that the accident was in 2006.

Yonkers Auto Mall Company Profile