Find a Car Dealerships partner

Oakdale, NY

3.7/5 (25 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Sunrise Toyota

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Sunrise Toyota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrise Toyota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrise Toyota?

Original review: July 4, 2020

What a disappointing and frustrating experience I just had at the dealership. Unbelievable. I was told by internet sales that someone would be happy to help. When I got there I went to the desk and a gentleman was sitting there (Eric) and he said hello and when I explained why I was there he asked me what vehicle I wanted to lease I told him a Tacoma. His response was so dismissive and he couldn’t even get up from his chair. He says “I only have one Tacoma left and it’s full price with no incentives”. He could not be bothered to move forward with anything else.

I would have even talked about a Tundra but Eric could not be bothered. It was as though he was more preoccupied with his phone and I was bothering him. I was so embarrassed. I left but realized I didn’t get his name. I was going to say something about this terrible experience. He was reluctant to even give me his name and when I told him why I wanted it he was all of the sudden willing to talk to me. Obviously too late and shameful. Soured me on getting a Toyota. I read so many good reviews about The dealership but mine is not going to be so kind!! Happy 4th. Corporate will know about this as well, of course.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Hats off to the team of salesman Orlando ** and finance Jason **. They were great and worked very diligently on getting my fantastic car and financing. I am quite please with these guys and Toyota. I highly recommend. I certainly will send any of my friends and family to this dealership and refer these 2. Very satisfied customer.

Nancy

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

As a member of the FDNY and a military veteran I’m not sure I’ve dealt with such difficulty from an organization. My Tacoma was in and out of the shop 4 times within the first two weeks of leasing it. I have had nothing but difficulties with them and now it’s been a little over a month and I’m having the same issues plus a parking issue. I was told I would be able to work out a deal and bring that the truck without much difficulty but now I am not able to do so. I am sure management will respond to this and defend themselves but the issues are concrete and known. I have bought multiple trucks from them and had friends as well. It’s lack of responsibility and really a black eye on ownership. I wouldn’t recommend them anymore sadly to anyone. They will run circles to get you in a car and then throw you to the side after. Nothing but issues with the Oakdale location, sadly.

Updated review: Dealership decided to drag this process out and ultimately screw a veteran and active FDNY member out of money and lock me into a contract for 3 years. I have to now hire a lawyer and get the message out that this business is not following correct business ethics. A lot of these reviews are forced out of people but if you walk into the service section is packed with people complaining. The dealership has been calling me trying to get my review taken down but I will continue to fight for the small people that they believe are ignorant to their ways. If you enjoy being swindled and treating with disrespect (I was told I make bad decisions when buying a car ) then Sunrise Toyota May be an option for you. I will make sure any military member and FDNY member will take their business elsewhere. Worst worst worst customer service and absolute typical dealership!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I brought my son to the Toyota dealership in Oakdale on Saturday, 2 days ago where he purchased a Prius V class. I took him there because 5 years ago I purchased my Prius from the same dealership and had a really terrific experience. I have to share the experience with you all as it was so positive. The Salesman's name was Will **...and from the first second he was totally amazing!! He was smart, attentive and paid attention to every tiny detail. After sitting with us and accessing what we needed, Will drove us in the cart over to the Prius area; he was literally back & forth "running" to retrieve the keys and/or specs for the vehicles (and it was a very hot day!!) :).

My son was looking for a Prius; not only did Will show him all options on the lot, but when they weren't what he wanted Will actually found a vehicle which was not "lot-ready" yet for consideration. Well, let me tell you - that car (which was not detailed yet) was THE car for him!!! The car he desired needed to have extra cargo space, low mileage and really good gas mileage. My son also wanted certain floor mats, specific detailing instructions and a good price - all of which was rendered. Will actually "listened" to all the specific details - and did not forget a thing!

The vehicle is amazing; it's pre-owned but looks brand new and is a perfect fit for him. This was the best auto dealership service that I have EVER seen!!! Every single one of our questions were answered - and we had plenty (lol)! If I know someone who is looking for a Toyota I will def send them to see Will personally. All of the staff members I had contact with were awesome, but I must also call out one of the Managers by the name of Brian...who was equally amazing. Such a "people-person"!! Warm, funny & friendly. Brian was so fair with the final price and the trade-in that we couldn't be happier. Toyota must hand-pick each employee with a fine-tooth comb, and the result is excellent service from the minute you walk in til you leave. Thanks Toyota for truly terrific service!!!

Ruthie in Bay Shore

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Will ** made the process so easy and I got a great deal. Thank you WIll and I am a customer for life. From having the right car at the right price to handling my financing and insurance every one was on their game. I had given up trying to find a car and I walked into Sunrise almost as an afterthought and 30 minutes later I was signing up for my 2015 Rav4.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

3rd car we purchased through them through the Costco auto program and this time we found out that they charged us $2,000 over what should have been the Costco approved pricing. When we questioned the price they never returned our calls. They also gave the wrong vin # to our insurance and registered the wrong car. Mistakes happen, however their unresponsiveness was completely unprofessional! We are being refunded for the overcharge, only because Costco investigated it!!! They are crooks!! This is how you treat a repeat customer?!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I had a very good experience with Sunrise Toyota in Oakdale. The sales rep. Alex was very helpful. He explained the very impressive features of the RAV4. We had a test drive that day, July 11 during which Alex pointed out the safety features. I went back July 13. Alex was able to find the color I wanted on the lot with all the features. With the help of the finance manager Jason I drove off with the vehicle that afternoon. What a great and easy experience it was!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I first leased my 2014 Toyota Corolla at Sunrise Toyota and from the very beginning everyone was so friendly and helpful. My lease is up in August so I went just to see what my options were. Salesman Ahmed helped me out. I was interested in a Rav4 Hybrid so after consulting, he had me test drive it. After going back and forth and asking all kinds of questions, I decided to buy out my lease. He was super helpful and patient with me. I am so happy with my decision, thanks to his help. I would definitely recommend Ahmed!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

New Toyota Tacoma purchase - I just recently leased my first car at Sunrise Toyota dealership. My salesman was Bob **. Bob was very easy going and informative. I told him this was where I see myself in this price range and he got it there!! I hope if I ever purchase another vehicle from Toyota Mr. ** is the man that helps me again!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

We had been to several dealerships to shop for a 2016 RAV4 recently. However, after meeting with Bob ** at Sunrise Toyota, our minds were made up to purchase the car. I have to say, we were not the easiest customers to please. We knew what we wanted as far as packages and options. We also wanted a particular color combination that was not easy to find in the 2016. Bob was well informed about the car and knew it inside out. He was relax and took his time to answer all of our questions. It was like talking to a family member. Since we wanted our car loaded with certain packages, plus a choice of color, he said he would do his best to find it and get back to us in about two days. Sure enough, within days we got a call that our car was found and will be ready in a few days.

Needless to say, we were very happy with the service and care given Bob ** and his team. We love our car. Bob is the best!

Sunrise Toyota Company Information