toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We truly appreciate your business and I'm glad to hear our team hit one out of the park by giving you an overall great experience. We hope to see you again and continue the same exceptional service.

Original review: May 25, 2016

The entire buying experience was simple and stress-free. Rocky was a true professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Mike in finance was very accurate and precise in all of the explaining of the contract. John ** & George ** was also extremely helpful in getting us the new truck and making us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Richard Lucas Chevrolet is an all around great team, friendly and professional service. Would highly recommend.

This is definitely the place to be when looking for any type of car. They are the nicest people first of all. All of their attention is on you and what you are looking for. They work with you to give you the best offer and choice they can possibly get. They have your best interest in mind and are here to help you. I've dealt with other dealerships and nothing compares to the service you'll get here. I received my first car here and had it for 7 years!! And now I just bought my second car and I'm so over the moon about it. I love it!

Joe ** our sales representative was very polite, knowledgeable and gave us his complete attention to our needs.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Kyle!

Original review: July 20, 2016

My experience with Richard Lucas Chevrolet was everything I could have asked for.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation. Enjoy your new Malibu! We hope to see you again and to provide the same exceptional experience.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I recently purchased a 2016 Chevy Malibu, and had a great experience. The staff was extremely courteous, and they were very helpful with helping me find the right vehicle. I'm completely satisfied, and would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Richard Lucas Chevrolet?

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I'm happy to hear Tony and the rest of our staff provided you with an exceptional experience. Enjoy your vehicle and we hope to see you again!

Original review: June 24, 2016

From the moment I was greeted by Mr. ** I was treated like a valued customer. From start to finish Mr. ** and the rest of the staff let me feel they were working in my interest and with the desire to get me a car I wanted.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience! I'm happy we were able to turn a terrible experience into an exceptional one, all the while getting you a great deal. Enjoy your new Malibu and we hope to see you again!

Original review: June 22, 2016

After having a terrible experience just a few minutes before at another Chevy dealer, I was able to come to Richard Lucas and be serviced in a respectful manner. I was able to work with Tony, who listened to my concerns, and preferences when it came to a vehicle. I was able to take advantage of multiple discounts and programs and got a very good rate on a 2016 Malibu. Best experience ever!

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for your continuous loyalty to Lucas Chevrolet and Rocky! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. Enjoy your Malibu!

Original review: June 17, 2016

Excellent service from all at Lucas Chevrolet. Especially Rocky **, he made the transaction from my Impala to the Malibu easy. Thank you.

Factual basis uncertain

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

I'm sorry, there must have been verbal miscommunication between Chris and yourself, but the entire transmission was never replaced. I have the Repair Orders from the 3 times you brought the vehicle in for service in regards to the transmission, they do not get deleted from the system, and you should have been provided copies as well upon pick up of the vehicle. Those show exactly what was repaired on the vehicle. I will have Danny at the service department print them for you just in case you have lost them and need them to reference exactly what was repaired on the transmission each visit, hopefully it clears that miscommunication up. The powertrain warranty expired on 7/10/2015. I would suggest calling General Motors/Chevrolet and seeking a Customer Loyalty Certificate (which the service Manager suggested to GM Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center for you) to get out of the vehicle as something different happens to the transmission each time it's brought in.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I bought my car in last year June 2015 for transmission problems. The car was still covered under warranty. I was told that the transmission was shot and that they would have to give me a new one which was still covered under warranty. Fast forward to April 2016 and the car completely stops while driving. I get it towed to my mechanic. My mechanic says its the transmission. I explained to him that the dealership told me they gave me a new transmission. He said take it back to them because if they did it should be still under warranty.

I had the car towed to Richard Lucas Chevrolet and they told me that they never put in a new transmission. They had no record of that. I said I was told specifically by Chris that GM had to come down and approve the new transmission and that it was approved and I was given a new transmission. Where is Chris or Justin? (The service reps that were assisting me.) Of course neither one of those guys no longer work there...how convenient!!! So they LIED about giving me a new transmission and the work that was done was somehow wiped out of the computer!! I would NEVER buy another car from this place or recommend this dealership to anyone! Now they are telling me it's going to cost me $4,000 to 5,000 to get a new transmission because my warranty has now expired!!! What a rip off!

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for your feedback. Enjoy your lease and we hope to see you again!

Original review: June 10, 2016

Very professional and helpful.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback! Enjoy your vehicle and we hope to see you again. If you need anything, please give Rocco a call.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I was looking for the 2015 Impala so I decided to visit Richard Lucas Chevrolet. The salesman Rocco was very friendly, funny, and took the time to go over my financing options. He is a seasoned salesman and I would recommend any of my friends and family to him.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Megan! We hope to see you again.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Rocky was very professional and friendly. Getting a new car is a big decision but he made the whole process seamless and exciting, confirming that Chevy is the way to go.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience! We hope to see you again. Enjoy your Chevy Impala!

Original review: May 23, 2016

I was very happy the whole sales purchase from start to finish. I was happy with the finance manager as well. I would absolutely recommend Richard Lucas to my friends and family. It was a pleasant experience. Thank you guys. I love my new car.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear you had such an exceptional experience thanks to Ryan and the rest of our staff. We always welcome recommendations! We would love to have more vehicle selections available to us to have on the lot, trust me - supply and demand has been hindering this as Subaru vehicles practically sell themselves! Unfortunately, Subaru has been straining to meet record U.S. demand. We're happy to say though it will invest to expand annual production capacity by 100,000 vehicles at its sole U.S. plant - Which means more vehicle selections available for us to show you. Combined with our positive customer service as you experienced, sometimes it does prove difficult to keep a variety of inventory in stock. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Original review: May 22, 2016

Ryan was very professional and very knowledgeable of all the vehicles specification. He answered every question we had without being too pushy. My wife and I were very impressed with all the staff at the dealership. Everyone treated us with respect and made us feel comfortable throughout the purchase process. The only recommendation if I may suggest is to have more vehicle selections in the lot.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you endlessly for your review and for coming to us for your car buying needs for the last 25 years! As a family owned and operated business, we try to extend that feeling of family to our employees and customers alike. Times change, but Rocco has consistently been one our the best over the years, and I'm happy to hear your feedback on him. We look forward to seeing you again!

Original review: May 22, 2016

I have been going to Richard Lucas for over 25 years, they are like family when I go there. Very friendly, not pushy. Very, very helpful, understanding for my needs. My salesman Roco ** in my book is very knowledgeable, knows his cars, and is very friendly.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! Enjoy your new Chevy Silverado and we hope to see you again!

Original review: May 19, 2016

The process was fluid from greet to close with the salesman staging the process through each step. Pricing was fair, competitive and upfront from the beginning.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you so much for your feedback and recommendation - we appreciate it! We hope you enjoy your Chevy Colorado and look forward to seeing you again to help you with your next car. Tony and Marty will always be happy to help!

Original review: May 14, 2016

Anthony ** and Martin made my experience at Lucas Chevrolet so incredible, they were both extremely helpful and professional and made the whole car buying experience so easy. Highly recommended and will definitely be back again to get my next car! Thank you again!!!

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

We're so happy you came back to allow us to give you exceptional service again! I'll pass on the praise to Dave, Jason, and our service department as well. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a glowing review! We hope to see you again and continue to provide the same great experience.

Original review: May 12, 2016

Second time car buyer within 2 year period. Dave ** and Jason ** painlessly worked with me to get the best possible deal for my needs during both my visits. Dave is very friendly and knowledgeable sales associate. He kept me informed throughout the whole process (ordering the vehicle through delivery) without me having to ask for an update. I also always get my Subaru serviced with them. The service department does an amazing job and their prices are very reasonable. What better people to work on your car than people who drive them! I highly recommend Richard Lucas Subaru/Chevy. Ask for Dave!! You won't regret it.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback! Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to Cameron or any of us here. We're happy to help!

Original review: May 11, 2016

We came in to trade our old Crosstrek for a newer model, and we had no issues at all and they were very accommodating with our requests and concerns. Cameron was very helpful and explained everything to our satisfaction. Would definitely shop here again.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for your feedback - We hope to see you again!

Original review: May 11, 2016

Terrific purchasing experience!!! Mr. Cameron ** and the entire team were the best.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and for your recommendation. Enjoy your vehicle and we look forward to seeing you again! We strive to give your friends and family the same great experience and deal.

Original review: May 10, 2016

The salesman Syed ** was very knowledgeable and professional. He got us a great deal. I'm definitely going to be a returning customer for future purchases and will highly recommend him and the dealership to family and friends.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation! It's always a pleasure hearing our team members, both veterans and new to the floor, giving you a great first experience. We hope you enjoy your 2016 Chevy Cruze and to see you again!

Original review: May 1, 2016

I tried calling another dealership initially, but was treated very poorly, so I tried Richard Lucas. My salesman was Hatem and the day that I went was his first day on the floor. I felt that he did a good job at explaining the different features of the vehicles I was interested in. General Manager Marty and another salesman Michael also helped me that day and were both really friendly. No one was pushy like you'd expect at a dealership and they were all honest and upfront about pricing, etc. I had a pleasant experience as a 21 year old first-time buyer! I ended up leasing a 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited! I recommend this place, for sure! Overall satisfied with the service I received.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

We appreciate the feedback Jose! We hope you enjoy your Malibu and look forward to seeing you again!

Original review: April 14, 2016

Service and sales people are very welcoming and well experienced in their fields. I feel at home with them. Excellent work place.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

We love when our team comes together to get you a great deal, just as much as we love hearing about it! Thank you for your feedback, Richard!

Original review: April 14, 2016

I had a great experience at Richard Lucas. Marty and Syed got me a great deal on a brand new car.

No response received

Can't begin to explain what a bad experience this was. Not going to go through the list of issues of which there were many except to say lying and tough guy mentality were displayed throughout. I was astounded on how they handled some of the issues towards a customer. Guess they don't really care after you leave the door.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Marion, thanks to feedback like yours, we have updated our system to make things run smoother and more efficiently. For a while there we were having some problems with our online appointment scheduling, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. I wanted to update you to let you know it is up and running and should you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment online, you'll be followed up with by our Service Rep, Kristen. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Original review: July 14, 2015

Scheduled an appointment online and asked to be contacted by phone instead of e-mail. Received an e-mail instead of phone call telling me that I would be contacted about appointment. Didn't happen. Had to call dealer at which time I was told service request wasn't received (had to because I received an e-mail). Consequently scheduled by my phone call. Don't know why online scheduling is offered if there is no follow-up.

I called the dealership today and was greeted by a very angry person. I decided to stop by anyway. I entered the lobby expecting to be greeted by one or two salespeople. Except they were all outside talking and smoking. I stood there in the middle of the lobby and a salesperson walked by me and continued to walk away. He then returned but refused to offer any assistance. There was another salesperson who stood watching me and eventually approached me. He then offered to get someone else to help me because he was in the middle of a sale. He approached the men who were outside and they all shook their head no and someone said, "No way!" The next person he asked to help me came out of the office and told me they were closed. If so, then why was the entrance door unlocked? This has been the worst car shopping experience I've had. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Buyer beware!!! They are a bunch of rip offs!!! Richard Lucas, the owner should not be allowed to represent Chevrolet. He is a ruthless con artist!!!

They tried to charge me more $ on loan than it should have cost, only after I pressed them for amortized printout of loan did the number become correct. Also I paid extra for nav/entertainment system, they put in an aftermarket entertainment system that never worked properly. I waited w/o vehicle for 10 days while they installed it, then I brought back 4 times in attempt to fix, they could not, so told them to give my money back and re-installed stock stereo, they agreed. Since they have installed it I've been back twice and still have no sound on radio/phone, and now no back up sensors. I was told call service manager, I did 3x, no return call. I finally just spoke to a service guy who took info, said he'd call back when they had a loaner car... still waiting, it’s been 4 days. Customer service is horrific. I've bought 5 new chevys over last 20 yrs and this is the worst experience I've ever had. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO LUCAS CHEVROLET AGAIN!!!

These people are crooks. They sold me a used car that they knew had important safety issues, and they willingly chose not to reveal them. Less than a month after I purchased this car from them in New Jersey it failed the Pennsylvania state safety inspection, and required a $1,000.00 repair bill to pass. When I contacted them initially, Kevin ** ignored me completely, and Ryan ** flat out lied, telling me his manager would contact me within the week. Over a month later when I sent a letter about this to the manager, Tom **, he refused to own up and reimburse me for even half the repairs, and only was willing to try and force me to accept another trade, as if I would trust them enough to continue doing business with them. All I asked for was to be reimbursed for half the cost of the repairs that were needed to pass the Pennsylvania state safety inspection less than a month after purchasing the vehicle, and instead I was ignored, lied to, and bullied. These people are crooks, and they don't care about their customers. Do not do business with them.

Richard Lucas Chevrolet Company Profile