3.97/5
  • 1 star
Based on 32 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Richard Lucas Chevrolet

Richard Lucas Chevrolet delivers the highest quality new and used Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs. Along with their amazing inventory, they are dedicated to making sure you are 100% satisfied with the service you receive. They serve nearby Avenel, Edison, and Woodbridge drivers.

Call today to find out how Richard Lucas Chevy does it better!

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2017

38 Richard Lucas Chevrolet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Recently bought a '17 Equinox and I love it. It was a awesome and easy experience dealing with Rocky and George. Very happy with the service they provided me, easy and enjoyable. Looking forward to purchasing more cars from them in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

This is definitely the place to be when looking for any type of car. They are the nicest people first of all. All of their attention is on you and what you are looking for. They work with you to give you the best offer and choice they can possibly get. They have your best interest in mind and are here to help you. I've dealt with other dealerships and nothing compares to the service you'll get here. I received my first car here and had it for 7 years!! And now I just bought my second car and I'm so over the moon about it. I love it!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Joe ** our sales representative was very polite, knowledgeable and gave us his complete attention to our needs.

Original review: July 20, 2016

My experience with Richard Lucas Chevrolet was everything I could have asked for.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I recently purchased a 2016 Chevy Malibu, and had a great experience. The staff was extremely courteous, and they were very helpful with helping me find the right vehicle. I'm completely satisfied, and would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Richard Lucas Chevrolet?

Original review: June 24, 2016

From the moment I was greeted by Mr. ** I was treated like a valued customer. From start to finish Mr. ** and the rest of the staff let me feel they were working in my interest and with the desire to get me a car I wanted.

Original review: June 22, 2016

After having a terrible experience just a few minutes before at another Chevy dealer, I was able to come to Richard Lucas and be serviced in a respectful manner. I was able to work with Tony, who listened to my concerns, and preferences when it came to a vehicle. I was able to take advantage of multiple discounts and programs and got a very good rate on a 2016 Malibu. Best experience ever!

Original review: June 17, 2016

Excellent service from all at Lucas Chevrolet. Especially Rocky **, he made the transaction from my Impala to the Malibu easy. Thank you.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I bought my car in last year June 2015 for transmission problems. The car was still covered under warranty. I was told that the transmission was shot and that they would have to give me a new one which was still covered under warranty. Fast forward to April 2016 and the car completely stops while driving. I get it towed to my mechanic. My mechanic says its the transmission. I explained to him that the dealership told me they gave me a new transmission. He said take it back to them because if they did it should be still under warranty.

I had the car towed to Richard Lucas Chevrolet and they told me that they never put in a new transmission. They had no record of that. I said I was told specifically by Chris that GM had to come down and approve the new transmission and that it was approved and I was given a new transmission. Where is Chris or Justin? (The service reps that were assisting me.) Of course neither one of those guys no longer work there...how convenient!!! So they LIED about giving me a new transmission and the work that was done was somehow wiped out of the computer!! I would NEVER buy another car from this place or recommend this dealership to anyone! Now they are telling me it's going to cost me $4,000 to 5,000 to get a new transmission because my warranty has now expired!!! What a rip off!

Original review: June 10, 2016

Very professional and helpful.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I was looking for the 2015 Impala so I decided to visit Richard Lucas Chevrolet. The salesman Rocco was very friendly, funny, and took the time to go over my financing options. He is a seasoned salesman and I would recommend any of my friends and family to him.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Rocky was very professional and friendly. Getting a new car is a big decision but he made the whole process seamless and exciting, confirming that Chevy is the way to go.

Original review: May 25, 2016

The entire buying experience was simple and stress-free. Rocky was a true professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Mike in finance was very accurate and precise in all of the explaining of the contract. John ** & George ** was also extremely helpful in getting us the new truck and making us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Richard Lucas Chevrolet is an all around great team, friendly and professional service. Would highly recommend.

Original review: May 23, 2016

I was very happy the whole sales purchase from start to finish. I was happy with the finance manager as well. I would absolutely recommend Richard Lucas to my friends and family. It was a pleasant experience. Thank you guys. I love my new car.

Original review: May 22, 2016

Ryan was very professional and very knowledgeable of all the vehicles specification. He answered every question we had without being too pushy. My wife and I were very impressed with all the staff at the dealership. Everyone treated us with respect and made us feel comfortable throughout the purchase process. The only recommendation if I may suggest is to have more vehicle selections in the lot.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I have been going to Richard Lucas for over 25 years, they are like family when I go there. Very friendly, not pushy. Very, very helpful, understanding for my needs. My salesman Roco ** in my book is very knowledgeable, knows his cars, and is very friendly.

Original review: May 19, 2016

The process was fluid from greet to close with the salesman staging the process through each step. Pricing was fair, competitive and upfront from the beginning.

Original review: May 14, 2016

Anthony ** and Martin made my experience at Lucas Chevrolet so incredible, they were both extremely helpful and professional and made the whole car buying experience so easy. Highly recommended and will definitely be back again to get my next car! Thank you again!!!

Original review: May 12, 2016

Second time car buyer within 2 year period. Dave ** and Jason ** painlessly worked with me to get the best possible deal for my needs during both my visits. Dave is very friendly and knowledgeable sales associate. He kept me informed throughout the whole process (ordering the vehicle through delivery) without me having to ask for an update. I also always get my Subaru serviced with them. The service department does an amazing job and their prices are very reasonable. What better people to work on your car than people who drive them! I highly recommend Richard Lucas Subaru/Chevy. Ask for Dave!! You won't regret it.

Original review: May 11, 2016

We came in to trade our old Crosstrek for a newer model, and we had no issues at all and they were very accommodating with our requests and concerns. Cameron was very helpful and explained everything to our satisfaction. Would definitely shop here again.

Original review: May 11, 2016

Terrific purchasing experience!!! Mr. Cameron ** and the entire team were the best.

Original review: May 10, 2016

The salesman Syed ** was very knowledgeable and professional. He got us a great deal. I'm definitely going to be a returning customer for future purchases and will highly recommend him and the dealership to family and friends.

Original review: May 1, 2016

I tried calling another dealership initially, but was treated very poorly, so I tried Richard Lucas. My salesman was Hatem and the day that I went was his first day on the floor. I felt that he did a good job at explaining the different features of the vehicles I was interested in. General Manager Marty and another salesman Michael also helped me that day and were both really friendly. No one was pushy like you'd expect at a dealership and they were all honest and upfront about pricing, etc. I had a pleasant experience as a 21 year old first-time buyer! I ended up leasing a 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited! I recommend this place, for sure! Overall satisfied with the service I received.

Original review: April 14, 2016

Service and sales people are very welcoming and well experienced in their fields. I feel at home with them. Excellent work place.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I had a great experience at Richard Lucas. Marty and Syed got me a great deal on a brand new car.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

Can't begin to explain what a bad experience this was. Not going to go through the list of issues of which there were many except to say lying and tough guy mentality were displayed throughout. I was astounded on how they handled some of the issues towards a customer. Guess they don't really care after you leave the door.

Original review: July 14, 2015

Scheduled an appointment online and asked to be contacted by phone instead of e-mail. Received an e-mail instead of phone call telling me that I would be contacted about appointment. Didn't happen. Had to call dealer at which time I was told service request wasn't received (had to because I received an e-mail). Consequently scheduled by my phone call. Don't know why online scheduling is offered if there is no follow-up.

Original review: May 26, 2015

I called the dealership today and was greeted by a very angry person. I decided to stop by anyway. I entered the lobby expecting to be greeted by one or two salespeople. Except they were all outside talking and smoking. I stood there in the middle of the lobby and a salesperson walked by me and continued to walk away. He then returned but refused to offer any assistance. There was another salesperson who stood watching me and eventually approached me. He then offered to get someone else to help me because he was in the middle of a sale. He approached the men who were outside and they all shook their head no and someone said, "No way!" The next person he asked to help me came out of the office and told me they were closed. If so, then why was the entrance door unlocked? This has been the worst car shopping experience I've had. I will never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Original review: March 7, 2015

Buyer beware!!! They are a bunch of rip offs!!! Richard Lucas, the owner should not be allowed to represent Chevrolet. He is a ruthless con artist!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

They tried to charge me more $ on loan than it should have cost, only after I pressed them for amortized printout of loan did the number become correct. Also I paid extra for nav/entertainment system, they put in an aftermarket entertainment system that never worked properly. I waited w/o vehicle for 10 days while they installed it, then I brought back 4 times in attempt to fix, they could not, so told them to give my money back and re-installed stock stereo, they agreed. Since they have installed it I've been back twice and still have no sound on radio/phone, and now no back up sensors. I was told call service manager, I did 3x, no return call. I finally just spoke to a service guy who took info, said he'd call back when they had a loaner car... still waiting, it’s been 4 days. Customer service is horrific. I've bought 5 new chevys over last 20 yrs and this is the worst experience I've ever had. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO LUCAS CHEVROLET AGAIN!!!

Richard Lucas Chevrolet Company Information