2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

The Nissan Titan is a full-size pickup truck that debuted in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Titan Reviews

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased this truck so that we could pull a larger camper. My previous truck was a 2003 Frontier, 2.4L 5 speed. Had no issues at all from the time it was new, until the trade in. I have to say, my 2017 Titan is a workhorse! It has the trailer towing package, and several other options. My ONLY complaint is the poor fuel economy, but, that is something that I can live with. I do have one complaint. When the AC is on, the fan clutch on the engine is very loud... Sounds like a jet taking off. Dealer says it is by design. Anyway, I highly recommend this truck!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Very good truck in many ways. Durability, handling, comfort, safety. Bottom line is, it feels like you are driving a luxury car to be quite honest. Very durable, very durable. I just can't stop mentioning that. I thought Nissan fell off for a few years there but I am impressed indeed. Once again I am a Nissan fan.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The one thing I would change is improve the forward visibility over the hood. Otherwise, I love my truck, Great fuel economy, looks, great towing capacity and handling. Nav system repeater between the speedometer and tachometer is a great safety feature, quick glance to detect next turn and distance to turn. My 2nd Titan.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I bought my truck in the spring of 2017. It’s a 2017 Nissan titan SV 4door 4 x 4. My biggest issue was the transmission went out at 35,000 miles. Took it in and they did a computer upgrade but it didn’t help so I took it back and they determined it was a bad transmission and they replaced it free of charge. Now I am having trouble with the temperature regulator for the heat in the cab. One side gets warm the other side does not. Same with the AC. I have on several trucks and other vehicles and feel this truck is definitely sub par. I don’t have a lot of complaints about the power from the motor or anything else yet but I’ve only had For less than two years. Last Nissan for me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Before I start, Id like to say I've been a loyal Nissan customer since 1986. Have bought NOTHING but Nissan and Infiniti vehicles so in 2016, I sold my 2004 Nissan Titan with 200K miles on it. Never had any major problems, but was excited to see the new Titan diesel out and I had to have it! Well that was a big mistake. Shortly after the 10k miles mark, the turbo went bad. 3 weeks later I got it back. Year later I got stranded in Albany ny. Got it to a dealer with 5 miles to go before it was gonna reduce power to 5 miles an hour. 2 weeks later I had to go back to Albany < 2 hours away to get the truck. Now at 51000k miles, I and the family are in Florida for Christmas break. Had a great time till it was time to go back home NY. We leave for our 1200 mile drive home and seconds before we get on the Florida Turnpike, a red warning display comes on the dash saying low fuel pressure and the truck will not go over 5 MPH.

I turn it around and get back to our home there. I call and get it towed to Universal Nissan in Kissimmee. They call me the next day and say that the lift pump went bad and that it won't be covered on the 100k miles warranty because they see no record of the fuel filters being replaced. Keep in mind, i'm a mechanic and do all my own work. They not only want one receipt. They want 5 to prove they were replaced. I had just done the engine oil and filter, and the two fuel filters 2500 miles before we went away. So I went to my auto parts store and they printed up the list of purchases for the truck and I sent it to them.

Now that wasn't enough for them. They also want the label off the filter boxes. Keep in mind that we are now home and had to get a rental that they said they would pay for if it was covered under the warranty. So Nissan themselves called and said since I was such a loyal customer that they would pay 90% of the repair which was $2000 for the repair. So Id have to pay $200, and now the rental car gas, tools to get home and now I have to drive back to Florida, another 1200 miles, more tools, more gas just to get my truck back. Needless to say I will never buy another Nissan! Im gonna get my truck, go over to Toyota or a Dodge dealer and trade it in. I would have expected this kind of problem with a much cheaper truck. Not a truck that was $61k dollars. So that 100k mile warranty was BS and they would try and find any reason to not take responsibility for this. I hate to say it but beware of this truck and UNIVERSAL NISSAN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Titan?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Poor performance diesel and lacks towing capability. Paint is subpar but interior is well finished. The technology is late 90s and difficult to operate. Trade in value is very low. The Titan lacks the dependability of most full size pickups.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I took my 2017 Titan XD into Nissan to have it checked for engine light coming on. Diagnosis is that the cam sensors were bad and had sludge on them. They claimed it was not covered under the warranty due to lack of maintenance. I maintain my own vehicles therefore do not have records. I took my issue up with consumer affairs, and after 26 phone calls and 4 voice mails, I finally got a return phone call. According to Allie with Nissan, on a recorded line, that if you do not service your vehicle with Nissan, they will not cover any warranty issues. I’m pretty sure that’s not legal, but either way, I would not recommend Nissan for anything.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I was so excited when we first purchased our 2017 Nissan Titan SV 4x4 4doors, backup sensor and camera. We couldn’t wait a minute longer so we purchase December 2016. But little by little we started to hate it. Problems started popping left and right. All the time we spend on dealer mechanics shop was a big waste of time. Now October 2019, this truck has been to the shop more times than me on vacation. The dash on top and the interior makes so much noise like if it was 15 years old. The tranny sucks compare to the older Nissan Titan, which we own a 2008 for 4 years. This New Titan is Trash all the way around. This is my last time buying Nissan, being a loyal customer for over 17 years, but I done. They keep asking cheap material thanks to their new partner. Take a good advice and buy something different.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Labor Day 2019, My experience of being inside a bomb on the highway not as bad as the following that was posted but very very close to it.. Labor Day afternoon on the Highway On Ramp in Louisville, KY. Merging into highway speeds traffic. I stepped on the gas and lost all acceleration. No check engine light or other warnings. I was lucky and right place so I could pull over into the grass median. Outdoor Temp was approaching 100 degrees.

I looked under the truck to see if I could see any reason why I lost all acceleration. What I saw was a waterfall of liquid pouring over and down the transmission housing. I shut off the truck, got my cell phone out and called a wrecker. Arrived an hour and a half later. I was standing in the heat waiting. It was Labor day and service department was closed but sales was open at the dealer. Sales manager gave me a loaner. What was found by the service department was that the fuel injector fuel return line had popped off which transfers enormous amounts of fuel..

I would say this is what happened to the case below that wrote in and it burned the truck up.. I wrote the Highway Safety Department. I got no reply. This is the 3rd serious incident with my Titan in 17,000 miles. I have no choice but to take a loss now and get rid of it. No telling when another fuel injector return line will fall off with a resulting catastrophic fire as a result, and I could be in the middle of a desert somewhere or have a truck load of Grandkids, etc..

"Angela of Biloxi, MS Verified Reviewer. Original review: July 11, 2019. Today (7/10/19) my 2017 Nissan Titan XD caught fire and burned completely up. Smoke was billowing from bottom first and then heard the boom of the explosion. The entire cab quickly engulfed in flames. We are grateful that all those in the truck weren’t harmed. The attending officer said “it could’ve been worse”. But what we found unusual was the attending firefighters repeatedly stated (4x) that we were lucky considering this kind of truck it was and told us to never get another truck like this again. I’m concerned that even the firefighters were so adamant against this type of truck. Does anyone know of some kind of recall or legal action on the 2017 Titan XD trucks?"

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I was initially very excited with my purchase of a 2017 Nissan Titan XD. It didn't take long however, for things to start going wrong. Had to have the rear view mirror replaced due to constant sagging, rear windows roll down on their own, multiple sonar sensors out, rear passenger window motor malfunction, had the hood latch pop the hood up while going down the interstate, had the battery go out after one year, faulty radiator cap, chipping and fading paint, third brake light cracked.... this truck was in the shop more than any used car I have ever owned. This was my first new vehicle and I am extremely disappointed. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I got rid of it. After reading several reviews online I do feel that I was one of the lucky ones compared to what some people are experiencing. I was a loyal Nissan customer for a very long time but I will never purchase another Nissan.

Nissan Titan Company Information