1.88/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 29, 2018

196 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 29, 2018

I bought a 2017 Nissan Titan SV crew cab back in September of 2017. I have to say, this truck is the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever driven. My 1989 Chevy Dually with the slow, heavy 7.4L engine is more responsive than the POS ‘17 Titan SV. Every time I come to a complete stop then accelerate, the truck hesitates for about 1 or 2 seconds then takes off like a bat outta hell. Also, the seven speed automatic POS transmission takes way too long to find the correct speed when passing or trying to get out of the way to avoid a collision. I’ve taken the Titan to Nissan twice for these issues and the only thing the technician tells me is that they are aware of the problems, but they can’t do anything about it because there have been no recalls. No more Nissan for me!!!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased the 2017 Nissan Titan Pro4X and it is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever purchased. At 1100 miles the engine started going into regen mode every 100 to 200 miles. My fuel economy went from 20.8 mpg to 9.8 mpg. Once, after it went into regen the engine light came on and Nissan said that they cannot find anything wrong. The cruise control cannot be set when first turned on, sometimes it requires the engine to be at the operating temperature then other times you can set it before the temperature gauge has moved.

The wheels make a loud noise when turned hard either direction. They replaced the plastic stops but said that will not last long. I was working a crime scene and there was a light mist falling so I turned on the intermittent wipers. Well guess what, they will not work in a light mist, just another detail left out. The regen fluid level indicator does not work and Nissan says it is only designed to give a reading when low. I work with law enforcement (this was told to the salesman up front) and have to secure crime scenes which requires me to idle the engine so as not to run down the batteries with my warning lights, well guess what. The Nissan salesperson said that would be no problem.

After a few minutes of idling, the engine accelerated to over 2000 rpm and smelled like it was going to catch on fire. Nissan now says that you cannot idle the engine after they told me that idling the engine for long periods was not a problem at the time of the sale. Also when the engine goes into regen mode part of the exhaust system can get up to 1100F, this is a 4 wheel drive so if you are in a field with high grass you can cause a fire. Well I sometimes have to be in fields to secure a scene. This SMALL detail was left out at the time of the sale also.

On a cold morning (38F) when I tried to start the engine and the display showed "WAIT" which lasted about 30 seconds. I could not get an answer from Nissan's technical expert as to what the "WAIT" was about. I know that there is an engine warming message for cold morning but not a wait message. I filed this information (case number on file) with Nissan Corporation and their management attitude is that we cannot fix these problems and we will not give you your money back even though you were lied to and the vehicle will not function for what you bought it for.

To anyone considering a Nissan DO NOT BUY IT. Nissan will not (cannot) fix the vehicle and will not stand behind it even when they admit that I was lied to. Their technical support expert (if you want to call him that) spouts the corporate hogwash and does not support the customer. He just basically says that is what you bought and that is the way it works and there is nothing that he can do about it. Again once you buy from Nissan, you are stuck with it even though they admit that they cannot fix the problems.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2018

2017 Titan SL. Within 2 weeks, the rear passenger window would not open from the driver's control. Pigtail (Electrical) issue needed to be replaced. The passenger side rear glass panel needed to be replaced because the defroster would not work. Truck is currently in the Nissan dealership for 10 days and counting due to 2 water leaks on the passenger side in the front and rear. Still cannot find the leak. Replacing carpet due to mold concerns. Molding under driver seat is bent and the Rockford Fosgate grill on dash is bent and needed to be replaced. Nissan used to mean quality. I would guess it does not anymore.

Original review: March 13, 2018

For the last 3 months, I have been paying for a 2016 Nissan Titan XD that I cannot drive and has been sitting at a Nissan dealership. Since purchasing the truck in 2016 (brand new) I have experienced nothing but headaches, loss of time and money. In December of 2017 and at 15,000 miles, I took my truck for an oil change and was advised by the Service Technician to have the fuel filters replaced, biggest mistake of my life! Which caused me $402. After the service, I received a warning light "service fuel system." I returned to the dealership, was told the issue was fixed. Drove the truck home and the next day, the truck hesitated to start, I returned to the dealership, was told the problem was fixed. Drove the truck to work and the next morning, the truck would not start.

I had to tow the truck to the dealership at my expense. I received a call from the dealership indicating they found DEF fluid in the diesel fuel. Surprising to me, as the truck had sat at their dealership for a month. I had to pay for a "fuel system cleaning" for a problem that I did not cause, $160. Keep in mind that it took about a month before I received my truck back. I was contacted by the dealership that the truck was ready, I picked it up, drove it home and discovered that the battery was leaking acid. The following day, the truck would not start AGAIN! I had the truck towed to a different Nissan dealership to conduct a complete diagnostic, again I had to come out of pocket, $390 in order to find the cause of the problem!

I am now being told that DEF fluid is still in the system and it will cost me $13,000 that might NOT fix the problem! Best of all, I told the Service Technician that I discovered that my truck had been driven 200 additional miles, this is while the truck was being repaired at the original Nissan dealership. I contacted Nissan Corporate in Tennessee and was basically told "have a nice day" and that the bumper to bumper warranty would not cover the issue. Save yourself the headaches, stress, and your money, it's not worth it!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Only had truck (2016 Titan XD) 1 week. Took it back. Complained about shifting problems. They told me they were already working on a fix. So they sold me a truck they knew had problems. It has been 12 months and after a few attempts at programming it is better but still not right. This year since January 1 I have only been able to drive truck for 3 week. The rest of the time it sits at the dealer because it won't start in cold weather and has caused def issues. It's too bad, it's a nice truck but the warranty does not seem to be worth the paper it is written on. And try and get in contact with anyone that can actually help at NISSAN is impossible. Asked dealer for phone number for Ontario rep. He refused claiming he would be walked out. Biggest financial mistake of my life buying this truck. Saved for 10 years to buy luxury vehicle for retirement. Had to go back to work one more year, cant deal with all the problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I’ve had one truck brought back and replaced already. The second has spent months at the dealership. The truck has a bad pull and eats tires. Last visit for this issue lasted a month and at the end I was told they couldn’t align the truck. It still has numerous issues. Currently in the lawsuit phase.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We have had 2 Titans in our business fleet (we have also have Fords that are not so comfy but at least they run). The 2008 Titan ECM Engine control computer failed at 110,00 km or 69,000 miles. It was difficult to diagnose the problem and the part alone cost $1,300 - and hard to locate. 2 weeks later and 3k later- it was back on the road. Our 2010 Titan was recalled because of heater actuator problems. (No heat or air-conditioning) It was changed just after purchase. It failed at 80,000 km or 49,000 miles.

To fix this, the whole dash has to come apart... Yep the whole freaking dash to change a $100 part that was recalled but no longer under warranty. (6 years or 160 kms.) We have half the kms and 2 out of 3 actuators failed and some other part under hood that involves heat has let go too. My truck has been in the shop for a week getting fixed- I am still waiting for it. This is a known problem for Titans. Look it up on YouTube. It's really something to see people trying to DIY fix this junk.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Do not compare a Nissan Titan to older Titan because I had a 2008 Titan SV. It was the best vehicle I owned. I traded the vehicle for a newer 2017 Titan SL. I can say they are very different. The new 2017 Titan SL is garbage. I have had the vehicle for 18 months and have taken the vehicle issue because of the transmission of the vehicle and some other part needed to be replace. Well, as for as the transmission this was having the truck for about three months. I took the truck to get looked at but the only excuse they gave me was that the truck needed to get use to the way I drive.

I haven’t ever heard of that. But ok. The truck do not have any traction. It bounces a lot when going a certain speed. My sister started driving the truck with only about 8,000 miles and she started complaining about how the truck drove. So, today I made a decision to get rid of it because it is big hunk of junk. The truck had depreciated so much I just had to just take what I could get for it. So, for those who wish to buy a Titan good luck because it is garbage and the maintenance service is going to blame it on you. A lesson learned from me. Just remember the $20,000 you will lose on the car when you drive it. Because it will be worth half the price you paid for. Nissan need to stop making trucks.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I've had multiple times where my truck (2017 Nissan Titan), that will be 1 year, in my possession, tomorrow -- has zero power. It is the bells and whistles deluxe truck. No power, means stranded. Of course by the time I pop the hood and power is restored and I go to the dealer--nothing is wrong. Nothing is wrong with paying for a NEW FREAKING TRUCK that has you stranded. Nothing.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Nissan Titan XD brand new from Nissan. I live in Upper state New York. When I purchase this vehicle I questioned the lack of a heater block. I was told I did not need it this winter. For 3 weeks my truck has not been able to start and if I get it started a DEF warning light comes on. After researching I have found that DEF fluid freezes at 12 degrees Fahrenheit. There is no heater attached to this Reservoir and it only is heated when the truck is running.

I have been unable to use my truck for 3 weeks. It is sitting at a Nissan dealer awaiting parts that are not available in the United States. If I put the heater core on this truck it will not solve the DEF fluid problem. There is no additive or external heater for this Reservoir. I am hoping Nissan realizes the inconvenience it is putting its customers through and rectify this problem. We spend enough money to purchase these trucks only to have them set because somebody did not think of those of us who live in the cold weather. I realize the DEF is for emissions but it does no good when it freezes and you cannot use your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro4x with the Cummins Turbo Diesel in October. I live in Canada and we do get some cold weather, but this truck only has 5000 miles on it. The truck won't start in cold winter weather even when the truck is plugged in all night. If you live in a cold location don't buy this truck if you need a reliable cold starter.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

After reading several reviews on Consumer Affairs I've realized that many of the issues I'm having with my 2016 Titan XD are common to that truck. At this time I'm experiencing the same d e f issues as one of the other Titan owners plus I'm also experiencing the hard shifting that one of the other Titan owner's had spoke of on Consumer Affairs. I'm wondering if this is a lemon that I bought. After sitting for a day outside at 7 degrees below zero my Titan won't start and also gave me a d e f warning error alert and now tells me I have a hundred ninety-five miles left before it goes into 5 mile an hour mode.

Also I've had shifting problems since the day I got it. Is it the rear end was slipping. I take it into the dealer several times and about the same issue and got the same answer as the other reviewer spoke of with his shifting problem. Oh it's just the way they shift they say. Well I know that is probably going to be about the time the warranty is runs out that the rear end is probably going to go out. I'm wondering if we all should get together and seek legal advice.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Hello everyone, I purchased a 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL, I've had issues with this vehicle and I am tired of taking it to the dealership with no major resolution to the problem. The issues I have are stalling when making a right turn over 45 miles an hour. The truck has been balanced three times so far due to the vehicle steering to the right, and this issue continues. When making a sudden stop or in some cases coming to a complete stop as you press the power it stalls and jerks very badly not all the time but enough to make me upset and question the truck's reliability.

The transmission has been updated twice with no resolution. Currently I have a case with Nissan in which I've asked them to purchase the vehicle back. I am not saying all Titan XD's are bad but keep in mind my truck was one of the first to be produced. I honestly feel this is a manufacturing defect. The truck only has 8000 miles this is why I feel I can ask Nissan to buy it back. If you start having issues with your truck take it to your dealership, have it documented. The more you have the better this can help you if for some reason you need to contact Nissan about an issue.

The last issue I want to share with you is the hesitation between the pedal and the response in some cases it's taken a couple of seconds about 4 to 5 seconds. If you ever need to get out of a bad situation we all need a truck that will respond to the drivers needs. The truck does really well when towing. The space seats are really comfortable. I feel this truck is a good balance if Nissan is willing to fix the issues stated in this review. I hope this review was helpful and thank you for your time.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Titan XD SV in Billings, MT in August of 17. I loved the truck for its nice ride, super comfortable seats, solid build quality. Cons: turbo lag/torque management from a stop is excessive if accelerator pushed down any more than quarter way. Transmission timing is poor and hinders engine output. Factory tire size, 265/60R20, offers little options for A/T tires. The final straw! Block heater failed at 4,400 miles. Truck will not start anywhere around 0 deg F! Traded it in for $42,000, booked for $39k, purchase price nearly $56k! The cold start issue affects nearly all the diesel so don't buy if you live in cold country!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

2017 Nissan Titan SL - So far the best truck ever. Has been 100% reliable, far more powerful than my old Ford F150 traded in for the Titan. The Ford kept on blowing up its spark plugs and left it barely able to move past 50 mph. My SL Titan has more technology than my Infiniti sport sedan or my Lexus SUV but is still a heavy duty truck. While the 2002 F150 struggled to go 65 mph uphill, the Titan can easily pass 100 mph going up a steep mountain road. The ride is quiet and smooth. It has Rockford Fosgate audio, just as good as my Infiniti Bose system. The engine is made in USA, Tennessee and is just as good the Japanese engines made by Lexus or Infiniti. The 7 speed tranny is far smooth and faster than what my old Ford had; the Ford would announce each shift with a bump.

The Titan is American designed as only Americans use this kind of vehicle; I test drove all the other makes like Ram, GM, Chevy, Ford, Toyota and the Titan was the best truck. I also got the year end $6000 rebate that left the others higher in cost. Nissan also just extended their warranty to 5 years/100,00 0 miles, so the choice was easy. It also runs off road just as good as any Ford truck and I go hunting in national forest where there is no cell service, on the top of mountains. What is also more important is that the Titan has more American made parts than the Dodge Ram, make in Mexico.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I purchased a new 2017 Nissan Titan XD and it has been the worst experience I have ever had with a new vehicle. 350 miles of ownership, start hearing metal on metal sound when turning the wheels all the way to either direction. Dealer replaced the wheel stopper (a thin piece of plastic) with a slightly thicker piece of plastic wheel stopper. That was Nissan's fix for this widely spread known issue on the wheel stopper that is causing this heiress sound. Not even 2 weeks later, the same metal on metal screeching sound is back and it has to go for another plastic wheel stopper. Actually the mechanic at the dealership did say that this fix will not last long and eventually it will be a recall but God knows when.

At 900 miles I start hearing a rattling sound from under the hood every time I drove on imperfect road or HWY which is 99% of our roads in GA are that way. The rattling noise kept getting louder and louder and dealer cannot figure out where it is coming from. Very aggravating sound that you expect to hear from 10 years old truck. Not from a new truck with 900 miles. At 1100 miles, I start hearing a whistling sound when going over 60 mph coming from the windshield area. I checked everything possible that could cause this whistling noise to no avail. Another irritating sound to deal with when driving this piece of ** truck. I am ready to get rid of this darn thing and save myself and my family the frustration.

Just found out that the re-selling value on Titan is one of the worst out there. I am going to end up losing over $9K to trade this poorly made truck with something else. Do NOT waste your money on Titan or Titan XD. Save yourself the trouble and spend the extra $$ to begin with and get a better quality truck. Looks is deceiving. Yup, it is a good looking truck on the outside and yes it has nice interior and yes it is cheaper than other trucks but it is cheaper because it is put together very cheaply. The money you are saving upfront on Titan XD, will end up costing you more in the long run. Plus the saving is definitely not worth the aggravation and sickening feeling when you drive it and experience the squeezing, rattle, whistling sounds and vibration.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

20000 miles def error message. 190 miles till limp mode. Went to Fuccillo Nissan. 4 days for repair. Picked up 80 miles later check engine light on. Def error message on and off several times. Back to another dealer for repairs. Truck shifts poorly from new. Always pulled to right. Poor mileage. Harsh ride. Frustrated and stuck with junk.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

2017 Titan XD with 17,000 miles taken to dealership for driving issues. Dealer informed me that the truck needed to be aligned and it was $100 not covered under warranty. I contacted Nissan Corporate who confirmed this. However multiple forums list the Titan XD as having alignment issues and in a couple cases they purchased the vehicle back because they could not get the problem corrected. Total failure of a product!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I am writing the review to see if others with the 2017 Nissan Titan SV have the same or similar problems with their truck. We bought the truck in November, 2017 and looking back the truck had a "vibration" from day one that we honestly did not give too much thought about until the vibration progressed into a wobble. When we test drove the truck, the roads are so bad by the dealership that a professional driver would not have noticed the vibration upon the test drive.

We took it to dealership after we purchased because front tires were worn on the outside bilaterally. They gave us a wheel alignment and told us the tires were within the "acceptable wear" so they did not bother to replace the front tires. Looking back, I should have raised Cain about that fact. We took it for a second oil change at about 10K miles and discovered an oil leak in the engine. We took it to dealership, they repaired the oil leak, replaced the front tires, gave us another wheel alignment and balanced the tires.

That same day, the oil was pouring out of the truck. Dealership brought us loaner truck to the location we were stranded and fixed the oil leak again. Mind you, I immediately noticed the loaner truck had no vibration or acceleration issues, and was sporting the same General Grabber tires that my truck has. Just saying... Dealership swapped out vehicles at my work which was nice considering that the dealership is about a 45 minute drive for me.

Vibration never resolved and it once again progressed into a wobble, and we took truck back to dealership. They road balanced the tires and gave us new rims and told us to drive it afterwards. The vibration was still there. Mind you the "vibration" I am referring to is not only felt in the steering wheel and seats when driving, but I videoed on my phone camera a half bottle of soda rattling and bouncing around in the cup holder causing the carbonation to fizz as I drove.

So I immediately drove the truck back the dealership and told them it is still vibrating. The technician got in the truck with me, admitted he felt the vibration, but that the vibration "was normal, it's a truck". This is BS!! And I know it is because the loaner truck did not vibrate like our truck, and I've driven many new trucks in my day that never had the vibration, tire wear and oil pressure issues this truck has. They told me they were going to try to have the tires upgraded to Michelin tires. That never panned out, and I never heard back from them.

After approximately 500-800 miles the front tires are showing signs of wear on the outside again. Also, there is a "tick" when the engine is idling, and the truck's oil pressure seems to fluctuate up and down that you can hear. Upon acceleration, the truck also hesitates and almost "chokes" before it begins to smoothly move forward. It is now at the dealership for the fourth time.

I have contacted Nissan North America. The Consumer Affairs person, Brianna, was immediately hostile with me, even though I flat out told her that I just want the truck fixed and if it can't be fixed, that I was confident Nissan would stand behind their product and do the right thing with a replacement. The service techs are telling Nissan that they determined that everything in the truck is "functioning as designed" and that "they are unable to replicate the vibration".

Even though they have the video of the soda bottle bouncing all over the cup holder, admitted it was unacceptable, and the technician admitted he felt the vibration when driving with me in the truck, and the fact that the tires show wear on the outside within 1000 miles, I am being told that there is nothing wrong with the truck and it is functioning as designed. Really? So, did Nissan intend to the design a truck that its loyal owners would have to replace tires every 10,000 miles? Did Nissan intend to a design a truck that has oil pressure issues and acceleration issues? The Nissan field technician is coming in to look at the truck at this point.

The other major issue we are having is the lousy road handling with the truck when we are towing our RV. It literally feels like the RV is yanking the truck all over the road, and I am fighting the truck the entire time to keep the truck on the road. We have a top of the line sway package that we use when towing our RV, and I use the towing feature on the Titan. My husband has indicated that the RV appears to be perfectly fine and traveling straight when he was driving behind me when I was towing the RV with the truck.

Like I said, I am battling the truck when I tow because it feels like it is being thrown from side to side. We purposely bought the Titan to have more power, but it seems we gave up the important road handling in the process. I can tell you, even though my Ford had less power than the Titan, the Ford pulled the RV like a dream on the highway.

Stay tuned to see how Nissan North America deals with this situation. Do they stand behind their product and treat their customers right, or do they CYA and stick it to their customers, who stood by them and purchased their break out 1/2 ton truck on a "go big or go home year" for Nissan with competition from Dodge, Ford and Chevy. Does anyone else have similar issues with their 2017 Nissan Titan SV?

Updated on 12/06/2017: Met with Nissan North America Field Technician who informed me that the vibration in my truck "will never go away because the suspension on the truck is so tight that it absorbs the road conditions". The solution is to "change the numbers" for the fourth wheel alignment that the truck is receiving and to "change out the tires to Michelins which is a softer tire and will help absorb the road conditions".

I am VERY skeptical about the explanation from Nissan and the solution. Why do all the other 2017 Nissan Titan SVs with General Grabber tires and the same suspension not have the same issues I am having with excessive tire wear and vibration? Also, now I am married to Michelin tires and can never just go to say a Firestone to get new tires and a wheel alignment because I have some special alignment numbers that the field specs don't support and that requires the most expensive tire on the market.

As for the oil pressure and acceleration issues, field tech mentioned that there is "an update" that will resolve this issue, and the "tick" noise when idling is because of the high pressure oil pump. This also sounds like a very sketchy explanation of the problems. For now, I am going to test out the Nissan "solutions", but in the meantime, I am having an attorney look into my claims thus far to see if this truck is a valid lemon law case or not.

I am also out of pocket approximately $170 for the damage waiver on the rental vehicle that Nissan provided me while my truck has been sitting in the shop for the last 8-9 days. Nissan pays for a rental but not the damage waiver coverage. Why should I subject my personal insurance to any potential claims for a rental vehicle that I am forced to drive because the brand new truck I purchased and am paying for is having major issues?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I purchased a brand new 2017 Nissan Titan SV Crew Cab on March 23, 2017. It had 1 mile on it. Around 5000 miles the truck started squeaking loudly and repetitively from the suspension. I went to the Florence, SC Nissan dealership 4 times before calling Nissan USA and the problem was not fixed. My 5th trip to Nissan and the squeaking has subsided but the rattling is now much louder coming from under the truck. It can be heard inside even with the radio on. I just never ever thought a NISSAN $46,000 truck would or could sound like a 1997 Ford with 283000 miles on it. DO NOT BUY A 2017 NISSAN TITAN SV CREW CAB. I hope to get this problem repaired this week if the mechanics there can figure out what it is AGAIN. I seriously am questioning the integrity and skills of the makers and mechanics working at Nissan. Stay tuned.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I purchased a brand new 2017 Nissan Titan. It gave me mari transmissión problems and the parking sensors went off whenever they felt like it. 300 miles into my new purchase the truck wouldn't move. I was stuck in a Walmart Parking lot. People were honking. I had to push my new truck. This was embarrassing. Took it to the dealer. They fixed it and a month or so later the truck would hesitate and jump. Tranny would jerk and lose power. I then took it, was without my truck for 20 + days. They replaced the transmissión valve body. The truck kept giving me problems. I was fed up. Took it to Carmax. THIS TRUCK LOSES SO MUCH VALUE IT'S SCARY! They offered way less I would have to pay to be out of it. I couldn't trade it in. The truck kept giving me transmissión problems. It's clearly a lemon. STAY AWAY FROM TITAN. THEY ARE BAD TRUCKS. Learn from my experience. They don't hold value and have lots of electrical problems.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I have been on the brakes for a couple of weeks. I have replaced the master cylinder twice, gone through two gallons of fluid trying to get the brakes bled and the pedal is still going to the floor. I replaced all 4 calipers and the hoses on the front, still going to the floor. I have full pedal when the motor is off but goes to the floor when started with minimal braking force. What the heck?

Original review: May 6, 2017

I have a 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL turbo diesel bought in Nov 2016 and about a month and a half after buying it the fort parking sensors started going off at random when driving under 5mph. I have taken this truck to Nissan 4 times now to fix the issue and every time the minute I leave the dealership it goes off again. Today 5/5/2017 I get the truck back and it's still doing the same thing. So I take it back and they leave a ticket open so they can try to resolve this issue. I'm not going to hold my breath. So I decide I might try to trade it in. Well that's not happening due to the fact I purchased the truck for $62,000 and it only worth $35,000 after 6 months and 10,000 miles on this truck it dropped almost 50% in value so I am extremely upset. So I didn't have a huge truck payment. I put roughly $20,000 dollars down just to have it thrown away.

I use this truck for my business work truck and I drive a lot. And for this to happen and Nissan to not know how to fix it is sub-standard service. I kinda figured that my 2016 Nissan Titan will continue to have issues for one reason and that is the 2016 only comes with a 36,000 thousand mile 3 year factory warranty and the 2017 Nissan titans have a 5 year 100,000 mile factory warranty. I hope that Nissan will value their customers and make things right.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I have a 06 Nissan Titan. Replaced the rear end in it factory not even two years after I had it replaced by a dealer. The rear axle seal blows out, axle snaps in half, axle goes up in flames and now because it was out of warranty Nissan will not do anything about it. I spent 8,000 on a brand new rear end because they did not make the stuff to rebuild the inner parts. You have to spent 8,000 to get a new one. So watch out when you get any new or used Nissan. They may not make the parts to fix your problem or will not help you a day after your warranty is up. I don't mind spending the money to get it fixed but if you don't have the parts that you have to use to make the truck from factory when you build it. "Nope buy a new unit. We don't make those parts." Yes 8000 one a truck is not worth it once but I did it. Then I now have to replace it again none factory and spend another 5000 because Nissan does not care about their customers.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I bought a Titan 2017 three months ago. I live in Cheyenne. When it has been cold/icy and using the defroster, my windshield cracked all across the bottom. The dealership replaced it. This morning, it was icy, I turned on the defroster and heater to warm up the truck in my driveway. When I came out, the windshield was cracked all the way across the bottom in the same place as the last time. That's 2 windshields in three months in the same place using the defroster. This is obviously a problem design. I'm not happy.

Original review: March 21, 2017

The engine is skipping at 2200 miles. I took it to the service department. Say they fixed a recall that fixed the problem. Problem still exist. I can hear it and feel it while I'm driving. Don't know why they cannot find problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

On Feb. 24, 2017 we purchased a new 2017 Nissan Titan SV from the Billings, MT. dealership. Thought to be a tough reliable truck. Within one week we started having problems with the parking sensors and sonar on the truck. Took it back to the dealership. Left it for a couple of days, service dept. stated it was repaired and warning lights reset. No more than left the dealership on the way home and up pops the parking sensors and sonar warning lights again. Called the dealership and spoke to the service dept. manager and he stated he would order the right front parking sensor which appeared to be the issue and it would be there in 2 or 3 days. Well, six days later it was there so again the truck was taken in for this sensor replacement.

Two days later my wife went to pick the truck up at the dealership and no more than got in to start the truck and the parking sensor and sonar warning light came on immediately, She went back in the dealership and they came out and looked and took the truck back in the shop again to try to find the problems. Then next day the service manager calls to tell me that they are ordering a sonar module overnight delivery that SHOULD resolve the issue. AGAIN, NOT SURE AT ALL. Just guessing it will solve the problem as their tech as Nissan headquarters said to try this. In the meantime, we been in contact with the Nissan consumer affairs dept. to try to get this resolved.

Again this a long delay of time. We even contacted the sales managers at the dealership to have us just put into another vehicle of the sam., NOW we're told that ALL they can do is a trade in COSTING US SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS LOSS than what we paid for this truck. What a crock of bull. This is in trying to make us take a BIG, BIG loss for a NEW truck that has less than a thousand miles. This is a manufacture defect that no one for sure seems to know the cause of these problems. All the service manager and sales manager can tell me is: "This is a new vehicle with this new technology on the Titan that just came out, it is man made so nothing is perfect."

So now again we are being told that the sonar module will be in tomorrow and installed to see if this resolves the problem. The word IF it will resolve the problems. This was suppose to be a work truck, they gave my wife a car to drive, left me without a work truck and cost us to have to rent a truck for work purposes or miss work all because this dealership or Nissan headquarters did NOT want to work with us to resolve this matter without a week or two delay or trying to take advantage of two very hard working people who work hard for our money by wanting us to take a several thousand dollar loss as a trade in and putting us in another truck. WRONG! We will NOT fall for this type of crookedness.

So now we will just wait and pick this truck back up and park it in the drive and file the lemon laws and let the courts deal with this matter, as we are not about to put any more miles on this vehicle to depreciate the value. And for sure we can NOT chance these problem warnings occurring again when they do not know for positive the cause only guessing and punting at causes. BEWARE of this type of vehicle and who and where you look at Nissan trucks.

Updated on 03/10/2017: We finally got this truck back from the dealership after very numerous attempts to repair the Parking Sensor problems. They replaced the sensor, sonar module, wiring harness, seems to be working now (for how long, who knows). Then while in the shop at Billings Nissan one of the shop employees scratched the left front bumper panel with a red tool box, The color on the truck was the same red as tool boxes. Back to get painted, Another negative value added to this truck. So now with all these documented repair attempt on this 2017 Nissan titan the value of this truck is less than AUCTION VALUE as a trade in... ALL NISSAN USA will do to try to compensate us for all this is OFFER us a LOUSY $250.00 visa card to use at Nissan for parts, repairs, ETC.

To top this whole matter off as a cover up NOT to be able to classify this truck as a LEMON, we received our first customer INVOICE and signed for it after the first repair attempt. After the many other repair attempts they took and RE-ISSUED us another INVOICE with the same invoice # as the first one we received, But, on the second one they added all the other parts and labor to make it ALL appear as ONLY ONE repair order. WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL and a cover up on this lemon. Upon talking to the dealership service advisor about this, He stated: "WHEN I KNOW A VEHICLE IS COMING BACK I KEEP THE WORK ORDER, INVOICE OPEN." What kind of bull is this. Apparently he knew every time the truck would be back for the same issues, problems, Yet to us we signed the first invoice as closed, then he issues us another one with the same invoice # making it all look as one repair. CROOKED, CROOKED, CROOKED.

Nissan USA Consumer affairs specialist called us liars about this during a phone conversation when we have all the documents to prove this matter. SO we are stuck with a truck now that we classify as a lemon, and lost so much Value in this truck due to all the repair issues that we attempted to trade it, But had to decline on a trade due to all the LOSS we would have a took.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Hard shifting, brand new vehicle 5.0 Cummins diesel. After 2 days owned the 4x4 lights came on. Abs light came on and the anti slip. The transmission is shifting hard. When shift. And downshift. I brought it to the dealer who find nothing and just reset the code. Which is unacceptable. I don't know what to do after invested $70,000.00. The service advisor told me you can drive every new truck on the lot. They all shift like that? Any solution?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

The only issues with my 09 so far was a bad radiator, and the fuel sender recall. It only has 65K on it now but running strong with regular maintenance. It's gotten tires and brakes and shocks but that's all normal wear and tear. The radiator was tough to replace. It helps to take the fan blade off but it's still brutal, but remember to change the cap on the overflow tank or you will still be running overpressure. My Titan still looks great and runs like new and I can't afford a new one with the crazy prices. Anything happens to this one I will just buy another used one. These trucks were well designed.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I bought this truck brand new spring 2016. At about 2500 miles the power steering went out and almost caused us to go off a cliff. They fixed it and now it turns hard sometimes. The auto transmission gets stuck in high gear sometimes. I have to manually shift it down to get it to move. The worst problem is the exhaust. It comes into the cab when the heater is on fresh air and sometimes when it is on recirculate. This can and has caused headaches this happens at idle and slow speeds. Do not buy this truck if you can't handle the smell of diesel. You will breathe it on a regular basis. I'm not happy with truck and wish I had my Toyota Tacoma back.

Nissan Titan Company Information