Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.59/5

Nissan Titan

The Nissan Titan is a full-size pickup truck that debuted in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

223 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I was initially very excited with my purchase of a 2017 Nissan Titan XD. It didn't take long however, for things to start going wrong. Had to have the rear view mirror replaced due to constant sagging, rear windows roll down on their own, multiple sonar sensors out, rear passenger window motor malfunction, had the hood latch pop the hood up while going down the interstate, had the battery go out after one year, faulty radiator cap, chipping and fading paint, third brake light cracked.... this truck was in the shop more than any used car I have ever owned. This was my first new vehicle and I am extremely disappointed. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I got rid of it. After reading several reviews online I do feel that I was one of the lucky ones compared to what some people are experiencing. I was a loyal Nissan customer for a very long time but I will never purchase another Nissan.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I purchased the 2016 Titan XD with the Cummins diesel in January 2016 and during the first 6 months it spent 45 days in the shop, plus multiple other visits over the years. DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK! Within the first tank of fuel I got a check engine light on my dash. They said it was loose clamps on the intercooler. The next day the light came on so they called engineers which ended up swapping a valve within the turbo. Then the light came on a third time and they retuned the software to get rid of that light. Afterwards I continued to get a red error light stating the power was reduced. It took another reflash to fix that.

I have had issues with driver's seat lumber squeaking, radio rebooting randomly, plastic trim around passenger rear window flapping in the wind, subwoofer rattle, diesel exhaust coming into the cabin, tailgate lock freezing up, 3 different HVAC blower motors replaced due to not moving when you start the truck until you hit the dashboard to get it started. Most recently at 113k I had to replace the blower motor AGAIN because even hitting the dash wouldn't work anymore and the mixing actuator near the driver's side which is a common problem...

I just removed it because it would blow out 109 deg air while blowing 40 deg air on passenger side. I've had both passenger side door locks replaced because they just stop working. Both of the driver's side door locks have been replaced once, and the rear driver's side has stopped working again about 6 months ago. The front parking sensors fail every time it rains. I come to a stop at a light and the sensors start screaming. I continue to have alignment issues. Nissan engineers tweaked the specs on the alignment a few months after purchase and it drove better but I go thru tires in 30k miles or less which is unacceptable. I've had multiple other tire shops attempt to align the truck and they cannot. It still pulls hard to the right and wears thru tires costing me a lot of money.

The transmission is very clunky and harsh. There is a tremendous amount of lag when you hit the accelerator. So much that I've almost gotten T boned when pulling onto a road because there's no power. Nissan engineers tried to tell me this is normal of diesel trucks and it absolutely is NOT! To add insult to injury, the value on this truck has tanked so quickly that I'm $20k upside down so I don't have a chance to get out of it. This is the largest mistake of my life and I've always loved Nissan. I've had 2 previous Titans, 2 370Z's, and we still have a 2004 Pathfinder that runs great. Unfortunately, I think this will be my last Nissan because the ownership of this Titan XD has been the most frustrating thing of my life. DO NOT BUY A NISSAN TRUCK!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Today (7/10/19) my 2017 Nissan Titan XD caught fire and burned completely up. Smoke was billowing from bottom first and then heard the boom of the explosion. The entire cab quickly engulfed in flames. We are grateful that all those in the truck weren’t harmed. The attending officer said “it could’ve been worse”. But what we found unusual was the attending firefighters repeatedly stated (4x) that we were lucky considering this kind of truck it was and told us to never get another truck like this again. I’m concerned that even the firefighters were so adamant against this type of truck. Does anyone know of some kind of recall or legal action on the 2017 Titan XD trucks?

Original review: May 3, 2019

Bought a '17 SV King Cab with 4k miles. Had a noise driver front wheel. At 9k swaybar bushings were replaced. At 14k catastrophic failure. Axle broke off at the hub. Nissan claims it was not a factory defect. Not covered under warranty. Dealership Blue Ridge Nissan of Wytheville Virginia, sold me on a "forever warranty" on the date of purchase. Truck was to be covered for the entire time I owned it. They also denied the warranty claim.

Nissan Consumer Affairs was absolutely a joke. Sent Nissan a final attempt to repair notice. They had an arbitrary agent call me. He told me Nissan was sticking to their denial. Now I'm in the process claiming lemon law. 14k miles and my truck sits in my driveway. I pass it every morning in my 2004 Ford F-150 with 100k or my 94 Ford ranger with 105k. Of all 3 of my trucks the newest and most expensive is by far the biggest pos I own.

I belong to several Titan enthusiast groups on Facebook. The amount of people getting new engines at 8 to 20k miles is astonishing. Nissan has several class action suits pending, stemming from their absolute disregard to the warranties they sell. Their new Maximas are blowing windshields left and right and they're actually denying warranty claims.

I've been an avid Nissan fan since 2003. I've probably sold more of their vehicles than any 3 top salesman by pushing their products. This is not the same Nissan these days. They recently closed an entire shift producing the titan because sales are in the crapper. I wonder why? Loyal buyers buy from loyal manufacturers. When you start stepping on the little guy to fill your bottom line you've already missed your target. Save yourself a lot of headache and buy American. If you insist on an import Toyota is your best bet anyway.

Original review: March 22, 2019

At about 12k miles turning a corner had no power. Eng light on and warning shut down eng. Dealer reprogram boost pump software. At 14k while towing a medium load limp mode again as turning left in traffic gap to get on interstate ramp. Very scary. No power to get out of t-bone condition and accident. Dealer changed boost pump. At 15k limp mode again as turning to interstate ramp. No dealer close to incident. Had limp mode occur at least 5-6 times before could get to dealer. Each time the limp cleared if pull off road and shutdown engine then do restart. Dealer reprogram again, help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Titan?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought a 2017 Nissan Titan last April. It had 25000 miles on it. I had it back to the dealer 5 times in less than a year for several issues. First the AC didn't work. Then a few weeks later my engine light came on and when I brought it to dealer they said they had to replace my exhaust manifold. A month or so later my engine light came on again and again I brought it to the dealer. This time they told me my transmission was shot and they had to replace it. 3 weeks ago I smelled transmission fluid burning. I brought it back and the gaskets for the transmission lines had to be replaced. Now it’s back at the dealer for a bad oxygen sensor. What’s next? I contacted Nissan Corp. and they opened a case file on my vehicle but I really doubt they will do anything.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought my 2005 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD New in January 2005. It now has 151,000 miles on the clock... These are the things that tanked over the years... Rear axle seized at 52,000 miles. This was %100 covered under warranty, including towing. No problems since. Btw... I have the locking rear differential, and I think I broke it trying to pull a Ford out of a bog in reverse. Paint job turned to crap at 8 years/82,000 miles... Repainted for $4000. Both front hub assemblies had to be replaced at 140,000 miles. This is normal I'm told. Easy job, use Timken hub assemblies.

Windshield replaced... Normal crap. Both headlights replaced... Yellowing that kits couldn't fix. Cosmetic repairs to dash and GPS display due to age. One ABS sensor went bad at 130,000 miles. This was a $490 dealer fix. OK, that's it for owning a PU truck that can, and has towed #9000 back and forth across the SE USA for 14 years. We are taking both motorcycles and the dog on a 4000 mile round trip this April to Sedona AZ, and Farmington NM, from Calabash NC...with confidence in the Titan!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have had my 2017 Titan SV in to the dealership 5-7 times along with multiple tire and suspension shops to try to resolve shaking issue. My truck bed shakes which in turn shakes the whole truck at 25 mph and up. 4 sets of new tires, 5-6 rebalances and road force testing also alignment. Dealerships try to deny there is an issue and claim it drives the same as other Titans on the lots. Contacted Nissan consumer affairs and no help there either. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER NISSAN. 43,000 dollar truck. Unreal. In the process of trying to get Nissan to buy back the truck but I'm sure I will take a 10,000 loss on that deal!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Buyer beware!! I have always owned a Nissan. I bought a Titan in 2016. Within a few months of buying it. My truck stalled and would not start again. It was towed into the dealership where it stayed for a couple of months. It was discovered that it would need a new motor. That was repaired. Within the following year 2017 to today’s date it has been in and out of the service department with my complaint of a lag in the start. Every time I have taken it in, service has not been able to determine what the issue is and states that it passes all specs. Many times the truck will sound as though it is not going to start. I continue to have this issue. I would not buy a Nissan again based on the severity of this issue. Appears it is a defect that Nissan is unable to answer to.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Titan SE King Cab in 2016. About a month ago while getting gas the towing harness caught on fire. Now I have all the dash lights on including the service engine light, and I have no brake lights. I looked online and saw that this part was recalled for the exact same reason. I contacted Nissan USA and they told me that was fixed on my truck in 2006 and I told her that obviously it wasn't because it did the same exact thing.

I was told to take it to the dealership to get an estimate and after shelling out $160 the guy blamed the problem on everything but their part. He also blamed it on the installation of the aftermarket trailer connector from U-Haul, he said there were no relays installed. When I looked at the relays the ones that he claimed weren't there actually were so basically he lied and just shifted the blame off Nissan! Then he hands me an estimate for $2500.00 to fix a recall! I'll never buy or recommend anyone to buy a Nissan again! Buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge and save yourself some money and headaches.

Nissan Titan Company Information