Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.83/5
Based on 150 reviews that contain star ratings

Nissan Titan

The Nissan Titan is a full-size pickup truck that debuted in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

216 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have had my 2017 Titan SV in to the dealership 5-7 times along with multiple tire and suspension shops to try to resolve shaking issue. My truck bed shakes which in turn shakes the whole truck at 25 mph and up. 4 sets of new tires, 5-6 rebalances and road force testing also alignment. Dealerships try to deny there is an issue and claim it drives the same as other Titans on the lots. Contacted Nissan consumer affairs and no help there either. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER NISSAN. 43,000 dollar truck. Unreal. In the process of trying to get Nissan to buy back the truck but I'm sure I will take a 10,000 loss on that deal!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Buyer beware!! I have always owned a Nissan. I bought a Titan in 2016. Within a few months of buying it. My truck stalled and would not start again. It was towed into the dealership where it stayed for a couple of months. It was discovered that it would need a new motor. That was repaired. Within the following year 2017 to today’s date it has been in and out of the service department with my complaint of a lag in the start. Every time I have taken it in, service has not been able to determine what the issue is and states that it passes all specs. Many times the truck will sound as though it is not going to start. I continue to have this issue. I would not buy a Nissan again based on the severity of this issue. Appears it is a defect that Nissan is unable to answer to.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Titan SE King Cab in 2016. About a month ago while getting gas the towing harness caught on fire. Now I have all the dash lights on including the service engine light, and I have no brake lights. I looked online and saw that this part was recalled for the exact same reason. I contacted Nissan USA and they told me that was fixed on my truck in 2006 and I told her that obviously it wasn't because it did the same exact thing.

I was told to take it to the dealership to get an estimate and after shelling out $160 the guy blamed the problem on everything but their part. He also blamed it on the installation of the aftermarket trailer connector from U-Haul, he said there were no relays installed. When I looked at the relays the ones that he claimed weren't there actually were so basically he lied and just shifted the blame off Nissan! Then he hands me an estimate for $2500.00 to fix a recall! I'll never buy or recommend anyone to buy a Nissan again! Buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge and save yourself some money and headaches.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Bought a 2017 Titan SL 2WD the last day of 2016 from a dealer that is approx 230 mile from where I live. From the time I hit the highway I noticed a vibration above 65 MPH. Took the truck to a local dealer the following week and was told that I have to go back to the dealer I bought it from in the first 90 days or I would have to pay them to check out the truck. I left and returned about 90 days later to the same dealer. They looked at the truck and determined that tires need to be balanced. The issue was still there so at my next oil change about a few months later, I brought it up again and they road force balanced the truck but the issue was still there.

According to them, they cannot duplicate the problem. I went to a different dealer and they again balanced and rotated tires which did nothing. Went to another dealer and went through the balance routine again. After going back to the second dealer, they told me to call Nissan Consumer Affairs and open a case with them. They were very helpful and courteous. I made an appointment to see a Master Tech at my local dealership. We test drove the truck along with a mechanic from the dealer and they both acknowledge the vibration.

Master Tech decided to swap out and adjust the driveshaft and told me the truck has been fixed. As soon as I got on the highway, I felt the vibration again. Met with the Master Tech again who drove with me again and again acknowledged the vibration. He said there was nothing more he could do and he would submit his report to Consumer Affairs. When I heard from Consumer Affairs they said the Tech's report said the truck was operation as designed. I am currently pursuing my state's lemon law and trying to get a full refund buyback. Save yourself the hassle and buy something else. They obviously don't stand behind their product and when they can't or won't try to fix it, they will tell you that it is operating as designed and it's normal.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I traded my beautiful 2017 Ford F-150 XLT because Nissan told me they could give me a great deal on a 2018 Titan Pro 4X. First day it leaked into the vehicle behind the driver side dashboard. Probably better to say poured, though. They said it was a grommet. Three days later, it pours in again. They say it is the window and seal. Two days later the new window cover at bottom right flies off. They blame the installer. Complained about stone chips. They said they would repair it. They did - if repairing is filling it with unpainted resin. Had a tailgate seal installed.

The installer tells me there is damage to the welding on the rear of the truck. Nissan Body Shop says it was damaged by the factory and slapped together to get it out. Still waiting to see why they are going to do about it. Did I mention the water caused the carpet to stink and they had to replace that. Turned right and lost power. Dealership blames a loose battery cable on Nissan USA. Going back to Ford. Would rather pay more than ride rubbish. I had great expectation for this truck... oh well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Titan?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have 683 miles on my 2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins. So far, vehicle has start issues in 80 Degree Southern CA weather, my windshield cracked at the top near the review mirror for absolutely no reason (No impact on windshield at all), I de-badged the truck of the ugly silver emblems and the paint is ruined underneath, bubbles on the hood under the clear coat, and another bubble under the clear by the Cummins badge. After owning 35+ brand new vehicles over the years, have NEVER had these issues. Truck is just sitting at the dealership and I'm exploring my legal options!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My 2017 Titan Pro 4X trucks hesitates sometimes when turning left or right. Have had it in five times and they can't duplicate the problem. They have had it for six weeks this time now, have put a recorder on it and want me to take it back and drive it, but I do not feel safe driving this truck. What am I to do?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I’ll warn you now. Stay away from Nissan Titan trucks. Especially their XD Cummins. Absolutely worst decision of my life that has costed me somewhere between $85,000-$100,000... and I've only got 12,238 miles on it. I bought the 2017 NISSAN TITAN XD PRO4X IN MAY OF 2018. Brand new with just 8 miles on the odometer which later on the day I bought it I had noticed over 75 small dents and scratches. Scratches were not small. They were on the hood, roof, tailgate, every side panel on the truck had at least 3-4 scratches or dents. Differential case was dented and scratched, wheels were dented, tailgate didn’t open and shut properly. And still to this day on October 2018 Nissan or the dealership still is saying that all the warranty work will be done but they're waiting for parts... NISSAN YOU GUYS ARE INCOMPETENT PILES OF GARBAGE AND SO IS ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES THAT I'VE COME IN TO CONTACT WITH.

The first week I bought the truck I was almost killed because this truck decided it wanted to flip a check engine light on, on the freeway giving me no more than 3-4 seconds before it completely shut down engine and everything, stopping me in the middle lane on I-15 in Utah just before rush hour. Nissan and the dealerships solution “bring it in and we will take care of it” so I did.

And 7 weeks later they called and said “your truck is done.” Went and got my truck and they had said that everything looked fine so they did a software update and everything is good... 7 WEEKS TO DO A FIVE MINUTE ** SOFTWARE UPDATE. Oh which the night I got it out it did the same thing and to this day I’ve had this truck 6 months and it’s been to the dealership in the shop a total of 136 days. Not one thing has been worked on, still have scratches and dents, still have a ** $75,000 truck that I was told is a 3/4 ton by the sales team but found out my daughter on roller blades has a higher towing capacity.

Nissan better take care of this because I’ve gotten into contact with a media investigator in Salt Lake City “Get Gephardt" and a team of lawyers. And they are going to do everything they can to sue the dealership and Nissan for all the safety issues and Gephardt is working on a story that will be live on the local news stations with my story and how it’s completely ruined my life since purchase date. So everyone in Utah and surrounding states can hear all about these “trucks”, from the customers POV. STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN. DO NOT BUY!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Truck has limp mode 7 times in 3200 miles. Almost died. Time and time again. Read the reviews. Something has to be done. This truck is a death trap. Hello Fox News, CBS, ABC. Heck I’d even let CNN do a report then Nissan would know what it’s like to be lied about over and over and over. CLASS ACTION. Someone help please.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have a 2014 Nissan Titan - 84k miles. Paid $30+K for it, brand new. Air conditioner wasn't working and took it in and has a cracked condenser along with leaking power steering hoses, bad differential gasket and corroded reverse tail light sockets. A $1900 total fix. I'm kicking myself for not going with a Ford. I really liked the looks of the Titan but if I can't get 100K miles out of it without repairs I'm not satisfied. Will never buy another Nissan vehicle - I learned from my mistake.

Nissan Titan Company Information