1.74/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Nissan Titan

The Nissan Titan is a full-size pickup truck that debuted in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

207 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have a 2014 Nissan Titan - 84k miles. Paid $30+K for it, brand new. Air conditioner wasn't working and took it in and has a cracked condenser along with leaking power steering hoses, bad differential gasket and corroded reverse tail light sockets. A $1900 total fix. I'm kicking myself for not going with a Ford. I really liked the looks of the Titan but if I can't get 100K miles out of it without repairs I'm not satisfied. Will never buy another Nissan vehicle - I learned from my mistake.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I bought a new Titan SV in January 2017. It's been in the shop for the past 12 days and they say it could be another month at the dealership. The transmission is not working. Only 20,000 miles on the odometer. Engine warning light codes say it needs a control valve assembly and transmission control module, but they can't locate those parts. Nissan North America has opened a case, but it’s not speeding things up so far. I've had terrible fluttering on acceleration since the vehicle had 1,000 miles. I've taken it in 3 times, but they can't fix it. Finally 12 days ago it just broke down on the side of the road. I limped it into the local dealership, and now I have a crappy rental car. I haven't heard anything in 5 days. But the dealership warned me they couldn't find parts and to expect the truck to sit at the dealership for a month. I'm a landlord and I need my truck. It stickered for more than $46,000.

Now I’m discovering that they knew about these type of transmission problems even before they sold me the truck. When I would take it in they would act like they didn't know what I was talking about. The truck jerked and lurched when accelerating from a stop. They said it was just me. I'm a little offended at being lied to and tricked into buying a truck they knew had pretty big problems. I'm under warranty, but I won't be forever. And right now I don't have a truck at all. So I'm feeling cheated out of the use and enjoyment of an admittedly beautiful truck that I presumed was quality. I don't know how it will play out. But I wish I had my truck back and that it was reliable. I feel like they should have had a recall.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Purchased a 2016 XD SL in 2016, have had nothing but trouble with it. Dealer(s) will not fix things, Nissan the company will not address issues. Was forced to seek legal counsel. Common known issues with this truck are: Loud Engine Noises at high speed. Third brake light cracked. Door handles fail/ freeze. Tailgate lock fails. AC failures, both actuators and controllers failures. Seats do not heat. Squeak in cab. Radio Reboots and radio bizarre screens. Transmission shifts like a bull on **. Front parking sensors fail/ false alarm, 4WD transfer issues, MSL parts fall off, from not being installed or torqued, Paint issues, Windshield break for no reason, Fuel Issues, Nissan blames owners & gas station owners. Keys not working, keyless start. Alignment issues. Before you buy one, I seriously suggest you search online, Facebook and all other media for "Nissan Titan XD Issues". Would never buy another Nissan product.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Just bought a new Nissan Titan XD SV Midnight Edition with Cummins diesel motor. Picked up the truck Thursday night. Went on vacation Friday and water in fuel light came on, Saturday morning fuel gauge stops working. Called salesman at Nissan to advise, said bring in the truck when back from vacation. Kept fuel in it since I couldn't monitor levels.

Fast forward. Took to dealership only to find that they needed more time, so I took home and planned for another day. They gave me a Titan as a loaner. Two days driving wont start low fuel pressure, tow truck came an got. Now the issue with my new Titan, advised from the dealership that there was water in the fuel, and that the fuel pump and sending unit needs replaced, fuel tank dropped and that the water saturated the float in the tank. They want to charge me 1500.00 to fix since Nissan doesn't warrant water in fuel.

Keep in mind that the truck came with a full tank of fuel. I have bought 200K in work vans and this new truck in the last 2 months. You would think that Nissan would keep a commercial customer happy so that they will come back and buy more vehicles when business warrants. But nooo they want to play games. The actual truck has a nice ride and tows my 10,000 pound camper with ease. It has all the buttons, but I am pissed and will be looking at other options when this comes back from the dealer. I read other reviews and I am surprised at what I have read as reviews from other owners of these Titans. Give me my Ram 2500 back, at least I had no issues with that truck. Maybe I will look into trading this new truck with 1000 miles on it and let someone else deal with this Nissan and no more vans from them as well, (even though the vans have had no issues).

Original review: July 1, 2018

Nissan gave 150k warranty on the evap systems (spits gas while pumping) knowing they had a problem. Gave me run around until I was over the 150k miles and couldn't even tell me what to change myself. Called Mt Airy Nissan 3 times. They said never heard about the 150k warranty. Nissan Wilkesboro had me bring in twice saying they would fix. After I left a bad review they call me ask what all happened and he would fix it and never called me back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Titan?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Purchased my Nissan Titan truck back in 2012 as a used truck. I got a gray seal for the truck and have paid it almost completely off in the 6 years I have owned it. I love the size of it. It's a little bigger than a midsize truck. It rides smoothly and has seated heats for the front. I wish the leather held up a little better for the arm rests in the front. Also they could do a better job on putting a liner in the truck and not making it an additional bonus. Still, I enjoyed the look of this truck as opposed to Dodges or Chevys. This truck fits my lifestyle better than the others.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have a 2016 Nissan Titan XD. I was one of the first ones to purchase this vehicle when they came out in 2016 in the state of New Hampshire. Overall the vehicle has satisfied most of my needs. Toes good. Runs good. Overall looks pretty good. I have no doubt the Cummins Engine will perform for many miles to come with minimal problems. As for the Nissan truck itself I have my doubts about it lasting as long as the engine. Poorly made in my opinion weak thin aluminum, rusting frame prematurely, and the biggest problem I'm currently having is the mixing gate for the climate control. The latest problem is my less than two year old black chrome rims All 4 are chipping and peeling the Chrome off.

I've contacted Nissan even though the vehicle is out of warranty, just missing the hundred thousand mile warranty by two and a half months. You would think a major manufacturer would stand by their products but Nissan has claimed they will only pay 80% towards the cost of an $820 rim... The only satisfaction I'm getting is that the dealership is willing to make some sacrifices to make me happy in place of Nissan who I believe should pay 100% of the cost of new rims for this vehicle. One of the other plaguing problems of this is the noxious odor while idling in traffic from the DEF I'm assuming. Can actually make your eyes sore from the fumes...

Poor product in my opinion and a poor response by Nissan to take care of him building a good product especially for the amount of money that this truck was paid for. Will definitely not purchase another Nissan product as this is my 5th product from Nissan. When this truck dies it will be the end of my relationship with this car company. Hopefully no one else makes the mistake and trusting Nissan with this product, too much money to throw away on poor quality. Thank you.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I bought a brand new Nissan Titan SV, regular cab long bed truck. It was a 2017 that was being deeply discounted. After one day, the truck had a terrible vibration when on the highway. Went back to the dealer immediately. I was told 3 of the 4 tires could not be balanced and after 3 days, I finally got my truck back. Truck still had vibration, but it was less. I took it back again the next week and was told that the 4th tire road balanced, so it would not be replaced. But service technician did agree that there was a definite vibration at 60+ mph. After another three days sitting at the dealership, I was told that this is a known issue with the trucks, but it was running and driving as designed. REALLY??? Nissan designed a truck to give you a free vibra-massage on the highway???

Filed a complaint/claim with Nissan corporate. All you get is some 20-something year old person telling you how sorry they are that I feel that way. But they are prepared to do nothing for me because the truck is operating as designed. What a piece of junk. I'm now going to start going through the process in Ohio for the "Lemon Law" refund/replacement of the truck. I'll keep everyone updated.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The Nissan Titan S's weight and cabin height allows a comfortable driving view and a feel safe environment while driving. The 7 speed automatic transmission gives a good 20 mpg of gas consumption. With a big 8 engine gas mileage is great.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bought 2017 titan XD, I have owned it for 7 months, and put 14000 miles on it. Paint looks terrible. Has chips all over the truck looking like I have driven all 14000 miles on gravel. Customer service blames me and will take no responsibility for bad paint. Truck has only been driven on interstate and in town, all paved roads. I am very disappointed in Nissan and don’t hang your hopes on them taking care of you, when you go in for warranty work they will word it like it is your fault and they will not cover it. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I bought my Titan new in 2005. At 35 thousand miles rear end went out. Not covered because warranty out. Now it's 2018 and my truck has just over 60 thousand miles, exhaust manifold gaskets need replaced of course not covered because of the year. Nissan refused to help. My truck is my second vehicle and I treat it well. But this really pissed me off that they won't even pay half of it. When I read everyone else's complaints it really worries me of what could happen next.

Updated on 04/30/2018: So here is a update on my '05 Titan that have very low miles for the year. Shop took apart the truck to replace exhaust manifold gaskets. Manifolds are so warped they can't be outback on. Nissan is not even willing to help out. My truck has just over 60 thousand miles.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I bought a 2017 Nissan Titan SV crew cab back in September of 2017. I have to say, this truck is the biggest piece of junk I’ve ever driven. My 1989 Chevy Dually with the slow, heavy 7.4L engine is more responsive than the POS ‘17 Titan SV. Every time I come to a complete stop then accelerate, the truck hesitates for about 1 or 2 seconds then takes off like a bat outta hell. Also, the seven speed automatic POS transmission takes way too long to find the correct speed when passing or trying to get out of the way to avoid a collision. I’ve taken the Titan to Nissan twice for these issues and the only thing the technician tells me is that they are aware of the problems, but they can’t do anything about it because there have been no recalls. No more Nissan for me!!!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I purchased the 2017 Nissan Titan Pro4X and it is the biggest piece of junk that I have ever purchased. At 1100 miles the engine started going into regen mode every 100 to 200 miles. My fuel economy went from 20.8 mpg to 9.8 mpg. Once, after it went into regen the engine light came on and Nissan said that they cannot find anything wrong. The cruise control cannot be set when first turned on, sometimes it requires the engine to be at the operating temperature then other times you can set it before the temperature gauge has moved.

The wheels make a loud noise when turned hard either direction. They replaced the plastic stops but said that will not last long. I was working a crime scene and there was a light mist falling so I turned on the intermittent wipers. Well guess what, they will not work in a light mist, just another detail left out. The regen fluid level indicator does not work and Nissan says it is only designed to give a reading when low. I work with law enforcement (this was told to the salesman up front) and have to secure crime scenes which requires me to idle the engine so as not to run down the batteries with my warning lights, well guess what. The Nissan salesperson said that would be no problem.

After a few minutes of idling, the engine accelerated to over 2000 rpm and smelled like it was going to catch on fire. Nissan now says that you cannot idle the engine after they told me that idling the engine for long periods was not a problem at the time of the sale. Also when the engine goes into regen mode part of the exhaust system can get up to 1100F, this is a 4 wheel drive so if you are in a field with high grass you can cause a fire. Well I sometimes have to be in fields to secure a scene. This SMALL detail was left out at the time of the sale also.

On a cold morning (38F) when I tried to start the engine and the display showed "WAIT" which lasted about 30 seconds. I could not get an answer from Nissan's technical expert as to what the "WAIT" was about. I know that there is an engine warming message for cold morning but not a wait message. I filed this information (case number on file) with Nissan Corporation and their management attitude is that we cannot fix these problems and we will not give you your money back even though you were lied to and the vehicle will not function for what you bought it for.

To anyone considering a Nissan DO NOT BUY IT. Nissan will not (cannot) fix the vehicle and will not stand behind it even when they admit that I was lied to. Their technical support expert (if you want to call him that) spouts the corporate hogwash and does not support the customer. He just basically says that is what you bought and that is the way it works and there is nothing that he can do about it. Again once you buy from Nissan, you are stuck with it even though they admit that they cannot fix the problems.

Original review: March 21, 2018

2017 Titan SL. Within 2 weeks, the rear passenger window would not open from the driver's control. Pigtail (Electrical) issue needed to be replaced. The passenger side rear glass panel needed to be replaced because the defroster would not work. Truck is currently in the Nissan dealership for 10 days and counting due to 2 water leaks on the passenger side in the front and rear. Still cannot find the leak. Replacing carpet due to mold concerns. Molding under driver seat is bent and the Rockford Fosgate grill on dash is bent and needed to be replaced. Nissan used to mean quality. I would guess it does not anymore.

Original review: March 13, 2018

For the last 3 months, I have been paying for a 2016 Nissan Titan XD that I cannot drive and has been sitting at a Nissan dealership. Since purchasing the truck in 2016 (brand new) I have experienced nothing but headaches, loss of time and money. In December of 2017 and at 15,000 miles, I took my truck for an oil change and was advised by the Service Technician to have the fuel filters replaced, biggest mistake of my life! Which caused me $402. After the service, I received a warning light "service fuel system." I returned to the dealership, was told the issue was fixed. Drove the truck home and the next day, the truck hesitated to start, I returned to the dealership, was told the problem was fixed. Drove the truck to work and the next morning, the truck would not start.

I had to tow the truck to the dealership at my expense. I received a call from the dealership indicating they found DEF fluid in the diesel fuel. Surprising to me, as the truck had sat at their dealership for a month. I had to pay for a "fuel system cleaning" for a problem that I did not cause, $160. Keep in mind that it took about a month before I received my truck back. I was contacted by the dealership that the truck was ready, I picked it up, drove it home and discovered that the battery was leaking acid. The following day, the truck would not start AGAIN! I had the truck towed to a different Nissan dealership to conduct a complete diagnostic, again I had to come out of pocket, $390 in order to find the cause of the problem!

I am now being told that DEF fluid is still in the system and it will cost me $13,000 that might NOT fix the problem! Best of all, I told the Service Technician that I discovered that my truck had been driven 200 additional miles, this is while the truck was being repaired at the original Nissan dealership. I contacted Nissan Corporate in Tennessee and was basically told "have a nice day" and that the bumper to bumper warranty would not cover the issue. Save yourself the headaches, stress, and your money, it's not worth it!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Only had truck (2016 Titan XD) 1 week. Took it back. Complained about shifting problems. They told me they were already working on a fix. So they sold me a truck they knew had problems. It has been 12 months and after a few attempts at programming it is better but still not right. This year since January 1 I have only been able to drive truck for 3 week. The rest of the time it sits at the dealer because it won't start in cold weather and has caused def issues. It's too bad, it's a nice truck but the warranty does not seem to be worth the paper it is written on. And try and get in contact with anyone that can actually help at NISSAN is impossible. Asked dealer for phone number for Ontario rep. He refused claiming he would be walked out. Biggest financial mistake of my life buying this truck. Saved for 10 years to buy luxury vehicle for retirement. Had to go back to work one more year, cant deal with all the problems.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I’ve had one truck brought back and replaced already. The second has spent months at the dealership. The truck has a bad pull and eats tires. Last visit for this issue lasted a month and at the end I was told they couldn’t align the truck. It still has numerous issues. Currently in the lawsuit phase.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We have had 2 Titans in our business fleet (we have also have Fords that are not so comfy but at least they run). The 2008 Titan ECM Engine control computer failed at 110,00 km or 69,000 miles. It was difficult to diagnose the problem and the part alone cost $1,300 - and hard to locate. 2 weeks later and 3k later- it was back on the road. Our 2010 Titan was recalled because of heater actuator problems. (No heat or air-conditioning) It was changed just after purchase. It failed at 80,000 km or 49,000 miles.

To fix this, the whole dash has to come apart... Yep the whole freaking dash to change a $100 part that was recalled but no longer under warranty. (6 years or 160 kms.) We have half the kms and 2 out of 3 actuators failed and some other part under hood that involves heat has let go too. My truck has been in the shop for a week getting fixed- I am still waiting for it. This is a known problem for Titans. Look it up on YouTube. It's really something to see people trying to DIY fix this junk.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Do not compare a Nissan Titan to older Titan because I had a 2008 Titan SV. It was the best vehicle I owned. I traded the vehicle for a newer 2017 Titan SL. I can say they are very different. The new 2017 Titan SL is garbage. I have had the vehicle for 18 months and have taken the vehicle issue because of the transmission of the vehicle and some other part needed to be replace. Well, as for as the transmission this was having the truck for about three months. I took the truck to get looked at but the only excuse they gave me was that the truck needed to get use to the way I drive.

I haven’t ever heard of that. But ok. The truck do not have any traction. It bounces a lot when going a certain speed. My sister started driving the truck with only about 8,000 miles and she started complaining about how the truck drove. So, today I made a decision to get rid of it because it is big hunk of junk. The truck had depreciated so much I just had to just take what I could get for it. So, for those who wish to buy a Titan good luck because it is garbage and the maintenance service is going to blame it on you. A lesson learned from me. Just remember the $20,000 you will lose on the car when you drive it. Because it will be worth half the price you paid for. Nissan need to stop making trucks.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I've had multiple times where my truck (2017 Nissan Titan), that will be 1 year, in my possession, tomorrow -- has zero power. It is the bells and whistles deluxe truck. No power, means stranded. Of course by the time I pop the hood and power is restored and I go to the dealer--nothing is wrong. Nothing is wrong with paying for a NEW FREAKING TRUCK that has you stranded. Nothing.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Nissan Titan XD brand new from Nissan. I live in Upper state New York. When I purchase this vehicle I questioned the lack of a heater block. I was told I did not need it this winter. For 3 weeks my truck has not been able to start and if I get it started a DEF warning light comes on. After researching I have found that DEF fluid freezes at 12 degrees Fahrenheit. There is no heater attached to this Reservoir and it only is heated when the truck is running.

I have been unable to use my truck for 3 weeks. It is sitting at a Nissan dealer awaiting parts that are not available in the United States. If I put the heater core on this truck it will not solve the DEF fluid problem. There is no additive or external heater for this Reservoir. I am hoping Nissan realizes the inconvenience it is putting its customers through and rectify this problem. We spend enough money to purchase these trucks only to have them set because somebody did not think of those of us who live in the cold weather. I realize the DEF is for emissions but it does no good when it freezes and you cannot use your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro4x with the Cummins Turbo Diesel in October. I live in Canada and we do get some cold weather, but this truck only has 5000 miles on it. The truck won't start in cold winter weather even when the truck is plugged in all night. If you live in a cold location don't buy this truck if you need a reliable cold starter.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

After reading several reviews on Consumer Affairs I've realized that many of the issues I'm having with my 2016 Titan XD are common to that truck. At this time I'm experiencing the same d e f issues as one of the other Titan owners plus I'm also experiencing the hard shifting that one of the other Titan owner's had spoke of on Consumer Affairs. I'm wondering if this is a lemon that I bought. After sitting for a day outside at 7 degrees below zero my Titan won't start and also gave me a d e f warning error alert and now tells me I have a hundred ninety-five miles left before it goes into 5 mile an hour mode.

Also I've had shifting problems since the day I got it. Is it the rear end was slipping. I take it into the dealer several times and about the same issue and got the same answer as the other reviewer spoke of with his shifting problem. Oh it's just the way they shift they say. Well I know that is probably going to be about the time the warranty is runs out that the rear end is probably going to go out. I'm wondering if we all should get together and seek legal advice.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Hello everyone, I purchased a 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL, I've had issues with this vehicle and I am tired of taking it to the dealership with no major resolution to the problem. The issues I have are stalling when making a right turn over 45 miles an hour. The truck has been balanced three times so far due to the vehicle steering to the right, and this issue continues. When making a sudden stop or in some cases coming to a complete stop as you press the power it stalls and jerks very badly not all the time but enough to make me upset and question the truck's reliability.

The transmission has been updated twice with no resolution. Currently I have a case with Nissan in which I've asked them to purchase the vehicle back. I am not saying all Titan XD's are bad but keep in mind my truck was one of the first to be produced. I honestly feel this is a manufacturing defect. The truck only has 8000 miles this is why I feel I can ask Nissan to buy it back. If you start having issues with your truck take it to your dealership, have it documented. The more you have the better this can help you if for some reason you need to contact Nissan about an issue.

The last issue I want to share with you is the hesitation between the pedal and the response in some cases it's taken a couple of seconds about 4 to 5 seconds. If you ever need to get out of a bad situation we all need a truck that will respond to the drivers needs. The truck does really well when towing. The space seats are really comfortable. I feel this truck is a good balance if Nissan is willing to fix the issues stated in this review. I hope this review was helpful and thank you for your time.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Nissan Titan XD SV in Billings, MT in August of 17. I loved the truck for its nice ride, super comfortable seats, solid build quality. Cons: turbo lag/torque management from a stop is excessive if accelerator pushed down any more than quarter way. Transmission timing is poor and hinders engine output. Factory tire size, 265/60R20, offers little options for A/T tires. The final straw! Block heater failed at 4,400 miles. Truck will not start anywhere around 0 deg F! Traded it in for $42,000, booked for $39k, purchase price nearly $56k! The cold start issue affects nearly all the diesel so don't buy if you live in cold country!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

2017 Nissan Titan SL - So far the best truck ever. Has been 100% reliable, far more powerful than my old Ford F150 traded in for the Titan. The Ford kept on blowing up its spark plugs and left it barely able to move past 50 mph. My SL Titan has more technology than my Infiniti sport sedan or my Lexus SUV but is still a heavy duty truck. While the 2002 F150 struggled to go 65 mph uphill, the Titan can easily pass 100 mph going up a steep mountain road. The ride is quiet and smooth. It has Rockford Fosgate audio, just as good as my Infiniti Bose system. The engine is made in USA, Tennessee and is just as good the Japanese engines made by Lexus or Infiniti. The 7 speed tranny is far smooth and faster than what my old Ford had; the Ford would announce each shift with a bump.

The Titan is American designed as only Americans use this kind of vehicle; I test drove all the other makes like Ram, GM, Chevy, Ford, Toyota and the Titan was the best truck. I also got the year end $6000 rebate that left the others higher in cost. Nissan also just extended their warranty to 5 years/100,00 0 miles, so the choice was easy. It also runs off road just as good as any Ford truck and I go hunting in national forest where there is no cell service, on the top of mountains. What is also more important is that the Titan has more American made parts than the Dodge Ram, make in Mexico.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I purchased a new 2017 Nissan Titan XD and it has been the worst experience I have ever had with a new vehicle. 350 miles of ownership, start hearing metal on metal sound when turning the wheels all the way to either direction. Dealer replaced the wheel stopper (a thin piece of plastic) with a slightly thicker piece of plastic wheel stopper. That was Nissan's fix for this widely spread known issue on the wheel stopper that is causing this heiress sound. Not even 2 weeks later, the same metal on metal screeching sound is back and it has to go for another plastic wheel stopper. Actually the mechanic at the dealership did say that this fix will not last long and eventually it will be a recall but God knows when.

At 900 miles I start hearing a rattling sound from under the hood every time I drove on imperfect road or HWY which is 99% of our roads in GA are that way. The rattling noise kept getting louder and louder and dealer cannot figure out where it is coming from. Very aggravating sound that you expect to hear from 10 years old truck. Not from a new truck with 900 miles. At 1100 miles, I start hearing a whistling sound when going over 60 mph coming from the windshield area. I checked everything possible that could cause this whistling noise to no avail. Another irritating sound to deal with when driving this piece of ** truck. I am ready to get rid of this darn thing and save myself and my family the frustration.

Just found out that the re-selling value on Titan is one of the worst out there. I am going to end up losing over $9K to trade this poorly made truck with something else. Do NOT waste your money on Titan or Titan XD. Save yourself the trouble and spend the extra $$ to begin with and get a better quality truck. Looks is deceiving. Yup, it is a good looking truck on the outside and yes it has nice interior and yes it is cheaper than other trucks but it is cheaper because it is put together very cheaply. The money you are saving upfront on Titan XD, will end up costing you more in the long run. Plus the saving is definitely not worth the aggravation and sickening feeling when you drive it and experience the squeezing, rattle, whistling sounds and vibration.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

20000 miles def error message. 190 miles till limp mode. Went to Fuccillo Nissan. 4 days for repair. Picked up 80 miles later check engine light on. Def error message on and off several times. Back to another dealer for repairs. Truck shifts poorly from new. Always pulled to right. Poor mileage. Harsh ride. Frustrated and stuck with junk.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

2017 Titan XD with 17,000 miles taken to dealership for driving issues. Dealer informed me that the truck needed to be aligned and it was $100 not covered under warranty. I contacted Nissan Corporate who confirmed this. However multiple forums list the Titan XD as having alignment issues and in a couple cases they purchased the vehicle back because they could not get the problem corrected. Total failure of a product!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I am writing the review to see if others with the 2017 Nissan Titan SV have the same or similar problems with their truck. We bought the truck in November, 2017 and looking back the truck had a "vibration" from day one that we honestly did not give too much thought about until the vibration progressed into a wobble. When we test drove the truck, the roads are so bad by the dealership that a professional driver would not have noticed the vibration upon the test drive.

We took it to dealership after we purchased because front tires were worn on the outside bilaterally. They gave us a wheel alignment and told us the tires were within the "acceptable wear" so they did not bother to replace the front tires. Looking back, I should have raised Cain about that fact. We took it for a second oil change at about 10K miles and discovered an oil leak in the engine. We took it to dealership, they repaired the oil leak, replaced the front tires, gave us another wheel alignment and balanced the tires.

That same day, the oil was pouring out of the truck. Dealership brought us loaner truck to the location we were stranded and fixed the oil leak again. Mind you, I immediately noticed the loaner truck had no vibration or acceleration issues, and was sporting the same General Grabber tires that my truck has. Just saying... Dealership swapped out vehicles at my work which was nice considering that the dealership is about a 45 minute drive for me.

Vibration never resolved and it once again progressed into a wobble, and we took truck back to dealership. They road balanced the tires and gave us new rims and told us to drive it afterwards. The vibration was still there. Mind you the "vibration" I am referring to is not only felt in the steering wheel and seats when driving, but I videoed on my phone camera a half bottle of soda rattling and bouncing around in the cup holder causing the carbonation to fizz as I drove.

So I immediately drove the truck back the dealership and told them it is still vibrating. The technician got in the truck with me, admitted he felt the vibration, but that the vibration "was normal, it's a truck". This is BS!! And I know it is because the loaner truck did not vibrate like our truck, and I've driven many new trucks in my day that never had the vibration, tire wear and oil pressure issues this truck has. They told me they were going to try to have the tires upgraded to Michelin tires. That never panned out, and I never heard back from them.

After approximately 500-800 miles the front tires are showing signs of wear on the outside again. Also, there is a "tick" when the engine is idling, and the truck's oil pressure seems to fluctuate up and down that you can hear. Upon acceleration, the truck also hesitates and almost "chokes" before it begins to smoothly move forward. It is now at the dealership for the fourth time.

I have contacted Nissan North America. The Consumer Affairs person, Brianna, was immediately hostile with me, even though I flat out told her that I just want the truck fixed and if it can't be fixed, that I was confident Nissan would stand behind their product and do the right thing with a replacement. The service techs are telling Nissan that they determined that everything in the truck is "functioning as designed" and that "they are unable to replicate the vibration".

Even though they have the video of the soda bottle bouncing all over the cup holder, admitted it was unacceptable, and the technician admitted he felt the vibration when driving with me in the truck, and the fact that the tires show wear on the outside within 1000 miles, I am being told that there is nothing wrong with the truck and it is functioning as designed. Really? So, did Nissan intend to the design a truck that its loyal owners would have to replace tires every 10,000 miles? Did Nissan intend to a design a truck that has oil pressure issues and acceleration issues? The Nissan field technician is coming in to look at the truck at this point.

The other major issue we are having is the lousy road handling with the truck when we are towing our RV. It literally feels like the RV is yanking the truck all over the road, and I am fighting the truck the entire time to keep the truck on the road. We have a top of the line sway package that we use when towing our RV, and I use the towing feature on the Titan. My husband has indicated that the RV appears to be perfectly fine and traveling straight when he was driving behind me when I was towing the RV with the truck.

Like I said, I am battling the truck when I tow because it feels like it is being thrown from side to side. We purposely bought the Titan to have more power, but it seems we gave up the important road handling in the process. I can tell you, even though my Ford had less power than the Titan, the Ford pulled the RV like a dream on the highway.

Stay tuned to see how Nissan North America deals with this situation. Do they stand behind their product and treat their customers right, or do they CYA and stick it to their customers, who stood by them and purchased their break out 1/2 ton truck on a "go big or go home year" for Nissan with competition from Dodge, Ford and Chevy. Does anyone else have similar issues with their 2017 Nissan Titan SV?

Updated on 12/06/2017: Met with Nissan North America Field Technician who informed me that the vibration in my truck "will never go away because the suspension on the truck is so tight that it absorbs the road conditions". The solution is to "change the numbers" for the fourth wheel alignment that the truck is receiving and to "change out the tires to Michelins which is a softer tire and will help absorb the road conditions".

I am VERY skeptical about the explanation from Nissan and the solution. Why do all the other 2017 Nissan Titan SVs with General Grabber tires and the same suspension not have the same issues I am having with excessive tire wear and vibration? Also, now I am married to Michelin tires and can never just go to say a Firestone to get new tires and a wheel alignment because I have some special alignment numbers that the field specs don't support and that requires the most expensive tire on the market.

As for the oil pressure and acceleration issues, field tech mentioned that there is "an update" that will resolve this issue, and the "tick" noise when idling is because of the high pressure oil pump. This also sounds like a very sketchy explanation of the problems. For now, I am going to test out the Nissan "solutions", but in the meantime, I am having an attorney look into my claims thus far to see if this truck is a valid lemon law case or not.

I am also out of pocket approximately $170 for the damage waiver on the rental vehicle that Nissan provided me while my truck has been sitting in the shop for the last 8-9 days. Nissan pays for a rental but not the damage waiver coverage. Why should I subject my personal insurance to any potential claims for a rental vehicle that I am forced to drive because the brand new truck I purchased and am paying for is having major issues?

Not sure about Nissan Titan?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Nissan Titan Company Information

www.nissanusa.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business