Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
1.57/5

Nissan Titan

The Nissan Titan is a full-size pickup truck that debuted in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

212 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I traded my beautiful 2017 Ford F-150 XLT because Nissan told me they could give me a great deal on a 2018 Titan Pro 4X. First day it leaked into the vehicle behind the driver side dashboard. Probably better to say poured, though. They said it was a grommet. Three days later, it pours in again. They say it is the window and seal. Two days later the new window cover at bottom right flies off. They blame the installer. Complained about stone chips. They said they would repair it. They did - if repairing is filling it with unpainted resin. Had a tailgate seal installed.

The installer tells me there is damage to the welding on the rear of the truck. Nissan Body Shop says it was damaged by the factory and slapped together to get it out. Still waiting to see why they are going to do about it. Did I mention the water caused the carpet to stink and they had to replace that. Turned right and lost power. Dealership blames a loose battery cable on Nissan USA. Going back to Ford. Would rather pay more than ride rubbish. I had great expectation for this truck... oh well.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have 683 miles on my 2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins. So far, vehicle has start issues in 80 Degree Southern CA weather, my windshield cracked at the top near the review mirror for absolutely no reason (No impact on windshield at all), I de-badged the truck of the ugly silver emblems and the paint is ruined underneath, bubbles on the hood under the clear coat, and another bubble under the clear by the Cummins badge. After owning 35+ brand new vehicles over the years, have NEVER had these issues. Truck is just sitting at the dealership and I'm exploring my legal options!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My 2017 Titan Pro 4X trucks hesitates sometimes when turning left or right. Have had it in five times and they can't duplicate the problem. They have had it for six weeks this time now, have put a recorder on it and want me to take it back and drive it, but I do not feel safe driving this truck. What am I to do?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I’ll warn you now. Stay away from Nissan Titan trucks. Especially their XD Cummins. Absolutely worst decision of my life that has costed me somewhere between $85,000-$100,000... and I've only got 12,238 miles on it. I bought the 2017 NISSAN TITAN XD PRO4X IN MAY OF 2018. Brand new with just 8 miles on the odometer which later on the day I bought it I had noticed over 75 small dents and scratches. Scratches were not small. They were on the hood, roof, tailgate, every side panel on the truck had at least 3-4 scratches or dents. Differential case was dented and scratched, wheels were dented, tailgate didn’t open and shut properly. And still to this day on October 2018 Nissan or the dealership still is saying that all the warranty work will be done but they're waiting for parts... NISSAN YOU GUYS ARE INCOMPETENT PILES OF GARBAGE AND SO IS ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES THAT I'VE COME IN TO CONTACT WITH.

The first week I bought the truck I was almost killed because this truck decided it wanted to flip a check engine light on, on the freeway giving me no more than 3-4 seconds before it completely shut down engine and everything, stopping me in the middle lane on I-15 in Utah just before rush hour. Nissan and the dealerships solution “bring it in and we will take care of it” so I did.

And 7 weeks later they called and said “your truck is done.” Went and got my truck and they had said that everything looked fine so they did a software update and everything is good... 7 WEEKS TO DO A FIVE MINUTE ** SOFTWARE UPDATE. Oh which the night I got it out it did the same thing and to this day I’ve had this truck 6 months and it’s been to the dealership in the shop a total of 136 days. Not one thing has been worked on, still have scratches and dents, still have a ** $75,000 truck that I was told is a 3/4 ton by the sales team but found out my daughter on roller blades has a higher towing capacity.

Nissan better take care of this because I’ve gotten into contact with a media investigator in Salt Lake City “Get Gephardt" and a team of lawyers. And they are going to do everything they can to sue the dealership and Nissan for all the safety issues and Gephardt is working on a story that will be live on the local news stations with my story and how it’s completely ruined my life since purchase date. So everyone in Utah and surrounding states can hear all about these “trucks”, from the customers POV. STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN. DO NOT BUY!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Truck has limp mode 7 times in 3200 miles. Almost died. Time and time again. Read the reviews. Something has to be done. This truck is a death trap. Hello Fox News, CBS, ABC. Heck I’d even let CNN do a report then Nissan would know what it’s like to be lied about over and over and over. CLASS ACTION. Someone help please.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Titan?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have a 2014 Nissan Titan - 84k miles. Paid $30+K for it, brand new. Air conditioner wasn't working and took it in and has a cracked condenser along with leaking power steering hoses, bad differential gasket and corroded reverse tail light sockets. A $1900 total fix. I'm kicking myself for not going with a Ford. I really liked the looks of the Titan but if I can't get 100K miles out of it without repairs I'm not satisfied. Will never buy another Nissan vehicle - I learned from my mistake.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I bought a new Titan SV in January 2017. It's been in the shop for the past 12 days and they say it could be another month at the dealership. The transmission is not working. Only 20,000 miles on the odometer. Engine warning light codes say it needs a control valve assembly and transmission control module, but they can't locate those parts. Nissan North America has opened a case, but it’s not speeding things up so far. I've had terrible fluttering on acceleration since the vehicle had 1,000 miles. I've taken it in 3 times, but they can't fix it. Finally 12 days ago it just broke down on the side of the road. I limped it into the local dealership, and now I have a crappy rental car. I haven't heard anything in 5 days. But the dealership warned me they couldn't find parts and to expect the truck to sit at the dealership for a month. I'm a landlord and I need my truck. It stickered for more than $46,000.

Now I’m discovering that they knew about these type of transmission problems even before they sold me the truck. When I would take it in they would act like they didn't know what I was talking about. The truck jerked and lurched when accelerating from a stop. They said it was just me. I'm a little offended at being lied to and tricked into buying a truck they knew had pretty big problems. I'm under warranty, but I won't be forever. And right now I don't have a truck at all. So I'm feeling cheated out of the use and enjoyment of an admittedly beautiful truck that I presumed was quality. I don't know how it will play out. But I wish I had my truck back and that it was reliable. I feel like they should have had a recall.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Purchased a 2016 XD SL in 2016, have had nothing but trouble with it. Dealer(s) will not fix things, Nissan the company will not address issues. Was forced to seek legal counsel. Common known issues with this truck are: Loud Engine Noises at high speed. Third brake light cracked. Door handles fail/ freeze. Tailgate lock fails. AC failures, both actuators and controllers failures. Seats do not heat. Squeak in cab. Radio Reboots and radio bizarre screens. Transmission shifts like a bull on **. Front parking sensors fail/ false alarm, 4WD transfer issues, MSL parts fall off, from not being installed or torqued, Paint issues, Windshield break for no reason, Fuel Issues, Nissan blames owners & gas station owners. Keys not working, keyless start. Alignment issues. Before you buy one, I seriously suggest you search online, Facebook and all other media for "Nissan Titan XD Issues". Would never buy another Nissan product.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Just bought a new Nissan Titan XD SV Midnight Edition with Cummins diesel motor. Picked up the truck Thursday night. Went on vacation Friday and water in fuel light came on, Saturday morning fuel gauge stops working. Called salesman at Nissan to advise, said bring in the truck when back from vacation. Kept fuel in it since I couldn't monitor levels.

Fast forward. Took to dealership only to find that they needed more time, so I took home and planned for another day. They gave me a Titan as a loaner. Two days driving wont start low fuel pressure, tow truck came an got. Now the issue with my new Titan, advised from the dealership that there was water in the fuel, and that the fuel pump and sending unit needs replaced, fuel tank dropped and that the water saturated the float in the tank. They want to charge me 1500.00 to fix since Nissan doesn't warrant water in fuel.

Keep in mind that the truck came with a full tank of fuel. I have bought 200K in work vans and this new truck in the last 2 months. You would think that Nissan would keep a commercial customer happy so that they will come back and buy more vehicles when business warrants. But nooo they want to play games. The actual truck has a nice ride and tows my 10,000 pound camper with ease. It has all the buttons, but I am pissed and will be looking at other options when this comes back from the dealer. I read other reviews and I am surprised at what I have read as reviews from other owners of these Titans. Give me my Ram 2500 back, at least I had no issues with that truck. Maybe I will look into trading this new truck with 1000 miles on it and let someone else deal with this Nissan and no more vans from them as well, (even though the vans have had no issues).

Original review: July 1, 2018

Nissan gave 150k warranty on the evap systems (spits gas while pumping) knowing they had a problem. Gave me run around until I was over the 150k miles and couldn't even tell me what to change myself. Called Mt Airy Nissan 3 times. They said never heard about the 150k warranty. Nissan Wilkesboro had me bring in twice saying they would fix. After I left a bad review they call me ask what all happened and he would fix it and never called me back.

Nissan Titan Company Information