Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.52/5

Nissan Titan

The Nissan Titan is a full-size pickup truck that debuted in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

220 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 3, 2019

Bought a '17 SV King Cab with 4k miles. Had a noise driver front wheel. At 9k swaybar bushings were replaced. At 14k catastrophic failure. Axle broke off at the hub. Nissan claims it was not a factory defect. Not covered under warranty. Dealership Blue Ridge Nissan of Wytheville Virginia, sold me on a "forever warranty" on the date of purchase. Truck was to be covered for the entire time I owned it. They also denied the warranty claim.

Nissan Consumer Affairs was absolutely a joke. Sent Nissan a final attempt to repair notice. They had an arbitrary agent call me. He told me Nissan was sticking to their denial. Now I'm in the process claiming lemon law. 14k miles and my truck sits in my driveway. I pass it every morning in my 2004 Ford F-150 with 100k or my 94 Ford ranger with 105k. Of all 3 of my trucks the newest and most expensive is by far the biggest pos I own.

I belong to several Titan enthusiast groups on Facebook. The amount of people getting new engines at 8 to 20k miles is astonishing. Nissan has several class action suits pending, stemming from their absolute disregard to the warranties they sell. Their new Maximas are blowing windshields left and right and they're actually denying warranty claims.

I've been an avid Nissan fan since 2003. I've probably sold more of their vehicles than any 3 top salesman by pushing their products. This is not the same Nissan these days. They recently closed an entire shift producing the titan because sales are in the crapper. I wonder why? Loyal buyers buy from loyal manufacturers. When you start stepping on the little guy to fill your bottom line you've already missed your target. Save yourself a lot of headache and buy American. If you insist on an import Toyota is your best bet anyway.

Original review: March 22, 2019

At about 12k miles turning a corner had no power. Eng light on and warning shut down eng. Dealer reprogram boost pump software. At 14k while towing a medium load limp mode again as turning left in traffic gap to get on interstate ramp. Very scary. No power to get out of t-bone condition and accident. Dealer changed boost pump. At 15k limp mode again as turning to interstate ramp. No dealer close to incident. Had limp mode occur at least 5-6 times before could get to dealer. Each time the limp cleared if pull off road and shutdown engine then do restart. Dealer reprogram again, help.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I bought a 2017 Nissan Titan last April. It had 25000 miles on it. I had it back to the dealer 5 times in less than a year for several issues. First the AC didn't work. Then a few weeks later my engine light came on and when I brought it to dealer they said they had to replace my exhaust manifold. A month or so later my engine light came on again and again I brought it to the dealer. This time they told me my transmission was shot and they had to replace it. 3 weeks ago I smelled transmission fluid burning. I brought it back and the gaskets for the transmission lines had to be replaced. Now it’s back at the dealer for a bad oxygen sensor. What’s next? I contacted Nissan Corp. and they opened a case file on my vehicle but I really doubt they will do anything.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought my 2005 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD New in January 2005. It now has 151,000 miles on the clock... These are the things that tanked over the years... Rear axle seized at 52,000 miles. This was %100 covered under warranty, including towing. No problems since. Btw... I have the locking rear differential, and I think I broke it trying to pull a Ford out of a bog in reverse. Paint job turned to crap at 8 years/82,000 miles... Repainted for $4000. Both front hub assemblies had to be replaced at 140,000 miles. This is normal I'm told. Easy job, use Timken hub assemblies.

Windshield replaced... Normal crap. Both headlights replaced... Yellowing that kits couldn't fix. Cosmetic repairs to dash and GPS display due to age. One ABS sensor went bad at 130,000 miles. This was a $490 dealer fix. OK, that's it for owning a PU truck that can, and has towed #9000 back and forth across the SE USA for 14 years. We are taking both motorcycles and the dog on a 4000 mile round trip this April to Sedona AZ, and Farmington NM, from Calabash NC...with confidence in the Titan!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have had my 2017 Titan SV in to the dealership 5-7 times along with multiple tire and suspension shops to try to resolve shaking issue. My truck bed shakes which in turn shakes the whole truck at 25 mph and up. 4 sets of new tires, 5-6 rebalances and road force testing also alignment. Dealerships try to deny there is an issue and claim it drives the same as other Titans on the lots. Contacted Nissan consumer affairs and no help there either. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER NISSAN. 43,000 dollar truck. Unreal. In the process of trying to get Nissan to buy back the truck but I'm sure I will take a 10,000 loss on that deal!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Titan?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Buyer beware!! I have always owned a Nissan. I bought a Titan in 2016. Within a few months of buying it. My truck stalled and would not start again. It was towed into the dealership where it stayed for a couple of months. It was discovered that it would need a new motor. That was repaired. Within the following year 2017 to today’s date it has been in and out of the service department with my complaint of a lag in the start. Every time I have taken it in, service has not been able to determine what the issue is and states that it passes all specs. Many times the truck will sound as though it is not going to start. I continue to have this issue. I would not buy a Nissan again based on the severity of this issue. Appears it is a defect that Nissan is unable to answer to.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Titan SE King Cab in 2016. About a month ago while getting gas the towing harness caught on fire. Now I have all the dash lights on including the service engine light, and I have no brake lights. I looked online and saw that this part was recalled for the exact same reason. I contacted Nissan USA and they told me that was fixed on my truck in 2006 and I told her that obviously it wasn't because it did the same exact thing.

I was told to take it to the dealership to get an estimate and after shelling out $160 the guy blamed the problem on everything but their part. He also blamed it on the installation of the aftermarket trailer connector from U-Haul, he said there were no relays installed. When I looked at the relays the ones that he claimed weren't there actually were so basically he lied and just shifted the blame off Nissan! Then he hands me an estimate for $2500.00 to fix a recall! I'll never buy or recommend anyone to buy a Nissan again! Buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge and save yourself some money and headaches.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Bought a 2017 Titan SL 2WD the last day of 2016 from a dealer that is approx 230 mile from where I live. From the time I hit the highway I noticed a vibration above 65 MPH. Took the truck to a local dealer the following week and was told that I have to go back to the dealer I bought it from in the first 90 days or I would have to pay them to check out the truck. I left and returned about 90 days later to the same dealer. They looked at the truck and determined that tires need to be balanced. The issue was still there so at my next oil change about a few months later, I brought it up again and they road force balanced the truck but the issue was still there.

According to them, they cannot duplicate the problem. I went to a different dealer and they again balanced and rotated tires which did nothing. Went to another dealer and went through the balance routine again. After going back to the second dealer, they told me to call Nissan Consumer Affairs and open a case with them. They were very helpful and courteous. I made an appointment to see a Master Tech at my local dealership. We test drove the truck along with a mechanic from the dealer and they both acknowledge the vibration.

Master Tech decided to swap out and adjust the driveshaft and told me the truck has been fixed. As soon as I got on the highway, I felt the vibration again. Met with the Master Tech again who drove with me again and again acknowledged the vibration. He said there was nothing more he could do and he would submit his report to Consumer Affairs. When I heard from Consumer Affairs they said the Tech's report said the truck was operation as designed. I am currently pursuing my state's lemon law and trying to get a full refund buyback. Save yourself the hassle and buy something else. They obviously don't stand behind their product and when they can't or won't try to fix it, they will tell you that it is operating as designed and it's normal.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I traded my beautiful 2017 Ford F-150 XLT because Nissan told me they could give me a great deal on a 2018 Titan Pro 4X. First day it leaked into the vehicle behind the driver side dashboard. Probably better to say poured, though. They said it was a grommet. Three days later, it pours in again. They say it is the window and seal. Two days later the new window cover at bottom right flies off. They blame the installer. Complained about stone chips. They said they would repair it. They did - if repairing is filling it with unpainted resin. Had a tailgate seal installed.

The installer tells me there is damage to the welding on the rear of the truck. Nissan Body Shop says it was damaged by the factory and slapped together to get it out. Still waiting to see why they are going to do about it. Did I mention the water caused the carpet to stink and they had to replace that. Turned right and lost power. Dealership blames a loose battery cable on Nissan USA. Going back to Ford. Would rather pay more than ride rubbish. I had great expectation for this truck... oh well.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have 683 miles on my 2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins. So far, vehicle has start issues in 80 Degree Southern CA weather, my windshield cracked at the top near the review mirror for absolutely no reason (No impact on windshield at all), I de-badged the truck of the ugly silver emblems and the paint is ruined underneath, bubbles on the hood under the clear coat, and another bubble under the clear by the Cummins badge. After owning 35+ brand new vehicles over the years, have NEVER had these issues. Truck is just sitting at the dealership and I'm exploring my legal options!

Nissan Titan Company Information