Nissan Titan

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been on the brakes for a couple of weeks. I have replaced the master cylinder twice, gone through two gallons of fluid trying to get the brakes bled and the pedal is still going to the floor. I replaced all 4 calipers and the hoses on the front, still going to the floor. I have full pedal when the motor is off but goes to the floor when started with minimal braking force. What the heck?

I have a 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL turbo diesel bought in Nov 2016 and about a month and a half after buying it the fort parking sensors started going off at random when driving under 5mph. I have taken this truck to Nissan 4 times now to fix the issue and every time the minute I leave the dealership it goes off again. Today 5/5/2017 I get the truck back and it's still doing the same thing. So I take it back and they leave a ticket open so they can try to resolve this issue. I'm not going to hold my breath. So I decide I might try to trade it in. Well that's not happening due to the fact I purchased the truck for $62,000 and it only worth $35,000 after 6 months and 10,000 miles on this truck it dropped almost 50% in value so I am extremely upset. So I didn't have a huge truck payment. I put roughly $20,000 dollars down just to have it thrown away.

I use this truck for my business work truck and I drive a lot. And for this to happen and Nissan to not know how to fix it is sub-standard service. I kinda figured that my 2016 Nissan Titan will continue to have issues for one reason and that is the 2016 only comes with a 36,000 thousand mile 3 year factory warranty and the 2017 Nissan titans have a 5 year 100,000 mile factory warranty. I hope that Nissan will value their customers and make things right.

I have a 06 Nissan Titan. Replaced the rear end in it factory not even two years after I had it replaced by a dealer. The rear axle seal blows out, axle snaps in half, axle goes up in flames and now because it was out of warranty Nissan will not do anything about it. I spent 8,000 on a brand new rear end because they did not make the stuff to rebuild the inner parts. You have to spent 8,000 to get a new one. So watch out when you get any new or used Nissan. They may not make the parts to fix your problem or will not help you a day after your warranty is up. I don't mind spending the money to get it fixed but if you don't have the parts that you have to use to make the truck from factory when you build it. "Nope buy a new unit. We don't make those parts." Yes 8000 one a truck is not worth it once but I did it. Then I now have to replace it again none factory and spend another 5000 because Nissan does not care about their customers.

I bought a Titan 2017 three months ago. I live in Cheyenne. When it has been cold/icy and using the defroster, my windshield cracked all across the bottom. The dealership replaced it. This morning, it was icy, I turned on the defroster and heater to warm up the truck in my driveway. When I came out, the windshield was cracked all the way across the bottom in the same place as the last time. That's 2 windshields in three months in the same place using the defroster. This is obviously a problem design. I'm not happy.

The engine is skipping at 2200 miles. I took it to the service department. Say they fixed a recall that fixed the problem. Problem still exist. I can hear it and feel it while I'm driving. Don't know why they cannot find problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

On Feb. 24, 2017 we purchased a new 2017 Nissan Titan SV from the Billings, MT. dealership. Thought to be a tough reliable truck. Within one week we started having problems with the parking sensors and sonar on the truck. Took it back to the dealership. Left it for a couple of days, service dept. stated it was repaired and warning lights reset. No more than left the dealership on the way home and up pops the parking sensors and sonar warning lights again. Called the dealership and spoke to the service dept. manager and he stated he would order the right front parking sensor which appeared to be the issue and it would be there in 2 or 3 days. Well, six days later it was there so again the truck was taken in for this sensor replacement.

Two days later my wife went to pick the truck up at the dealership and no more than got in to start the truck and the parking sensor and sonar warning light came on immediately, She went back in the dealership and they came out and looked and took the truck back in the shop again to try to find the problems. Then next day the service manager calls to tell me that they are ordering a sonar module overnight delivery that SHOULD resolve the issue. AGAIN, NOT SURE AT ALL. Just guessing it will solve the problem as their tech as Nissan headquarters said to try this. In the meantime, we been in contact with the Nissan consumer affairs dept. to try to get this resolved.

Again this a long delay of time. We even contacted the sales managers at the dealership to have us just put into another vehicle of the sam., NOW we're told that ALL they can do is a trade in COSTING US SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS LOSS than what we paid for this truck. What a crock of bull. This is in trying to make us take a BIG, BIG loss for a NEW truck that has less than a thousand miles. This is a manufacture defect that no one for sure seems to know the cause of these problems. All the service manager and sales manager can tell me is: "This is a new vehicle with this new technology on the Titan that just came out, it is man made so nothing is perfect."

So now again we are being told that the sonar module will be in tomorrow and installed to see if this resolves the problem. The word IF it will resolve the problems. This was suppose to be a work truck, they gave my wife a car to drive, left me without a work truck and cost us to have to rent a truck for work purposes or miss work all because this dealership or Nissan headquarters did NOT want to work with us to resolve this matter without a week or two delay or trying to take advantage of two very hard working people who work hard for our money by wanting us to take a several thousand dollar loss as a trade in and putting us in another truck. WRONG! We will NOT fall for this type of crookedness.

So now we will just wait and pick this truck back up and park it in the drive and file the lemon laws and let the courts deal with this matter, as we are not about to put any more miles on this vehicle to depreciate the value. And for sure we can NOT chance these problem warnings occurring again when they do not know for positive the cause only guessing and punting at causes. BEWARE of this type of vehicle and who and where you look at Nissan trucks.

Updated on 03/10/2017: We finally got this truck back from the dealership after very numerous attempts to repair the Parking Sensor problems. They replaced the sensor, sonar module, wiring harness, seems to be working now (for how long, who knows). Then while in the shop at Billings Nissan one of the shop employees scratched the left front bumper panel with a red tool box, The color on the truck was the same red as tool boxes. Back to get painted, Another negative value added to this truck. So now with all these documented repair attempt on this 2017 Nissan titan the value of this truck is less than AUCTION VALUE as a trade in... ALL NISSAN USA will do to try to compensate us for all this is OFFER us a LOUSY $250.00 visa card to use at Nissan for parts, repairs, ETC.

To top this whole matter off as a cover up NOT to be able to classify this truck as a LEMON, we received our first customer INVOICE and signed for it after the first repair attempt. After the many other repair attempts they took and RE-ISSUED us another INVOICE with the same invoice # as the first one we received, But, on the second one they added all the other parts and labor to make it ALL appear as ONLY ONE repair order. WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL and a cover up on this lemon. Upon talking to the dealership service advisor about this, He stated: "WHEN I KNOW A VEHICLE IS COMING BACK I KEEP THE WORK ORDER, INVOICE OPEN." What kind of bull is this. Apparently he knew every time the truck would be back for the same issues, problems, Yet to us we signed the first invoice as closed, then he issues us another one with the same invoice # making it all look as one repair. CROOKED, CROOKED, CROOKED.

Nissan USA Consumer affairs specialist called us liars about this during a phone conversation when we have all the documents to prove this matter. SO we are stuck with a truck now that we classify as a lemon, and lost so much Value in this truck due to all the repair issues that we attempted to trade it, But had to decline on a trade due to all the LOSS we would have a took.

Hard shifting, brand new vehicle 5.0 Cummins diesel. After 2 days owned the 4x4 lights came on. Abs light came on and the anti slip. The transmission is shifting hard. When shift. And downshift. I brought it to the dealer who find nothing and just reset the code. Which is unacceptable. I don't know what to do after invested $70,000.00. The service advisor told me you can drive every new truck on the lot. They all shift like that? Any solution?

The only issues with my 09 so far was a bad radiator, and the fuel sender recall. It only has 65K on it now but running strong with regular maintenance. It's gotten tires and brakes and shocks but that's all normal wear and tear. The radiator was tough to replace. It helps to take the fan blade off but it's still brutal, but remember to change the cap on the overflow tank or you will still be running overpressure. My Titan still looks great and runs like new and I can't afford a new one with the crazy prices. Anything happens to this one I will just buy another used one. These trucks were well designed.

I bought this truck brand new spring 2016. At about 2500 miles the power steering went out and almost caused us to go off a cliff. They fixed it and now it turns hard sometimes. The auto transmission gets stuck in high gear sometimes. I have to manually shift it down to get it to move. The worst problem is the exhaust. It comes into the cab when the heater is on fresh air and sometimes when it is on recirculate. This can and has caused headaches this happens at idle and slow speeds. Do not buy this truck if you can't handle the smell of diesel. You will breathe it on a regular basis. I'm not happy with truck and wish I had my Toyota Tacoma back.

Recently purchased a 2016 Platinum Reserve XD Cummins. Replaced a Toyota 4Runner and a GMC Duramax 3500. I like a lot of things about the truck, however I have been inundated with persistent problems. Initially, the truck pulled hard to the right, dealer finally corrected the problem at about 25000 km with a wheel alignment (owner paid). Next, the summer tires on the truck were dangerous and totally inadequate so new tires were needed. Unable to access a grip tire for the 20 inch rims until October 2016. New tires purchased, problem solved for $1900.00. Next, the Aisin transmission began slipping on takeoff and the dealer attempted to correct the problem with a recall reflash of the transmission. The transmission no longer slips but now has erratic shift points as well as hard down shifts.

Originally, the truck had great power and towed my trailer with ease. At 35,000 km, it is anemic and has poor throttle response. Turbo lag is evident and the mileage is very poor. Yes, the air filter and fuel filters have been replaced. Also for the last 20,000 km the truck has a very noticeable vibrations/growl as you slow down to a stop. The tech at the dealer has been unable to locate and does not attach much importance to this issue. I guess part of that being that he didn't write a $70,000.00 cheque for the truck. Extremely aggravating. Have changed tires out and yes the problem persists. Possible that the software issue with the Aisin might be the source of problems. Very frustrating experience and failing a resolve I think that someone else will own this truck. I have 50 year experience with trucks/diesels and millions of miles towing trailers. This truck has been problematic and there is no resolve in sight.

I brought this truck brand new 52 miles on the clock. Well about 600 miles in the clock and you take the engine between 1700 and 1800 miles, and its miles out. So after a 35-day stay at the dealership no problem found, but they called in a Nissan rep and Cummins engineer telling me that some of them do it and some don't. Well that was total **, because I had bought my wife 2016 Titan XD manufacture date Jan 2016 with 4000 miles on the clock with none of these issues. So Nissan customer care rep call telling me that there is nothing they can do, but tries to hide the fact that there is no problem, so one does it and one does not.

Sorry that's not how it works, either they all do it or they all don't. But I can obviously smell **. So I told Nissan if you don't make this right and address the issue I am going to file a class action lawsuit against them for fraud. But here is problem two, the day I pick the truck up for the dealer notice it was pulling extremely to the right. So took it to the dealer as it Sat there for another 3 weeks, Nissan dealership does not have the alignment specs for the vehicle. Well they had tried to align it but could not bring the front end into alignment per mechanic so at the point I am fuming.

So at this point I have made videos documenting everything has occurs and of course Nissan will never admit to having any issues unless forced to. The ironic thing is I have made a YouTube channel showing the issue and over 16 other owners have reach out to me with the same issue. Hey Nissan get your head out of your ass and either you stand behind your warranty or go back to your own country because your shot sucks, and many other titan owner are having issue you refuse to address and fix! Oh I forget, brand new truck, the emission in my state would not pass the truck because the engine is putting out too much emission for the state's limits, so it sits as a yard ornament!

This message is just to bring to light all the issues I have had with this truck. Many of these I feel should have been a recall or at least the dealer should have been willing to help offset the cost. I purchased a used 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD in September of 2007. After a tow at 87,000 miles it was determined a fuel relay went bad. Windshield wiper pump motor died, driver side window motor died, not under warranty. At 90,000 miles the manifolds were both cracked and had to be replaced, not under warranty. At 110,000 miles the radiator split open and had to be replaced, not under warranty. Recalls for seat belt and condenser fan were completed sometime in around the 100,000 mark.

At 140,000 miles a rear bearing disintegrated and because you just can't replace a bearing or seal I spent over $2300.00 to have axles and seals replaced including replacing the emergency brakes and speed sensor that got chewed up when the bearing blew. The air conditioning actuators for cold/hot and vent or defrost both click non stop and have to be replaced. Now at 170,000 miles I have no reverse and Nissan wants $5000.00 for a replacement or I can have it rebuilt by a trans shop for around $3400.00. I feel it is absurd to have to spend over $10,000 to have a truck fixed plus all the downtime with less than 200k miles on it. I'd say it may be a lemon but I know a few others with the same issues with the same model vehicle. I regret buying this vehicle and will not recommend a Titan to anyone else.

So I bought a 2004 Nissan Titan V8 in 2005 with 25,000 miles on it. The truck is my second truck after owning a 1985 Nissan Pickup with the original Z24 motor in it. God I loved that truck. It had 370,000 miles on it and it had only 1 engine replacement and minor repairs done on it. All in all that truck still runs strong, sold it to my gardener. So since 2005 I have been driving my Nissan Titan with the V8 and it drives really smooth and has always been serviced at home with my trusty mechanic. The Truck had an issue with the Fuse box switch paneling going bad after 50,000 miles and the truck would just stop running and the engine would stop in the middle of road and would have to pull over to get of the way.

I had my mechanic look at all issues and he found a recall for that box replacement. I bought the box for 170 bucks from the dealer and the Nissan Corporation reimbursed me that amount. I replaced it and had no other issues. 118000 miles later I ran into a problem with the Cracked manifold issues. I had the Mechanic check it and said both my manifolds were cracked on both sides. I was not able to smog the truck at this point. It's 2016 - 12 years since I bought the truck so I can't complain. I still love the truck. So I researched this problem and it looks as though Nissan has a very bad welding quality issue on the manifold welds.

Instead of having the original Manifolds replaced at a cost of 1800 dollars I spent my money on high end high Performance JBA Shorty headers for $400 bucks. I replaced the Manifolds and then I got a check engine light indicating that both Catalytic converters were giving an error code P0420 and I did some research on Catalytic converters replacement. This is where it gets tricky. If you live in California you will have to replace both cats which could get very pricey to do. Most places want to charge you 1200 dollars to do it. I found the cats at a very reasonable price online. Email me if you need the website. I am all about helping others resolve issues that Nissan will not resolve for you. Both Cats can be purchased for 80 bucks each with the California Compliant stamp on them.

I drove my truck to the local shop to pick up some parts and also to work thinking nothing of it. One of the Cats broke apart and was sucked up into the engine internal ports. This caused my engine to start blowing out huge amounts of white smoke and after driving it to the dealer to and having a diagnostic done they told me the engine was blown. I paid the diagnostic fee of 125.00 dollars and they said it would go towards the cost. The mechanics and Nissan understand that I was not a average car owner with little knowledge about engines. I wanted to have full compression test done and leak down. They checked it and the engine had sucked up Catalytic converter particulates. So Nissan at Tustin dealership gave me a estimated price tag of 9000 dollars for a new engine not including labor.

I ended up calling Nissan Consumer affairs and they provided me service Consumer rep and he told me there is nothing they can do since it's passed the warranty and I have very little record of going into Nissan's dealer shops for servicing. This is all really disappointing me. I believe Nissan is not taking care of their customers and it won't take long before their loyal base starts moving to Toyota's and Honda's. So the truck still runs horribly bad, burns oil like crazy and I have it in Storage. I found a new 50000 mile engine for 2500 bucks and will be doing the swap myself. I don't consider 2500 plus the cost of the replacement headers and cats moved further towards the back custom work done a lot of money considering I have had the truck for 11 years now. $3000 dollars over the span of 11 years is not a lot of money.

So Nissan I still believe you can make good products but you need to own up to your manufacturing issues and your customers complaints to be great like Toyota and Honda. I am willing to fix all of your faulty issues from the manufacture. The truck is very good truck with a lot of power potential but don't let the customers do your fixing. You're going to lose all the consumer credibility you have left and lose your place in the valley of the greats like Toyota and Honda. It doesn't take much with Youtube and all the other media channels - we can bring you down and we will if we need you to correct your behavior.

So, I have been pretty good with Nissan. I bought my 2009 Altima Hybrid and was amazed how well it has held up. However, my first Nissan Titan was a 2004. When I bought it from a dealer, I now know I was charged way too much, but I assumed that the quality would be there like it had been from my previous vehicles. I will tell you this. I thought Dodge's, Ford's and GM's were bad... I traded that in (at a loss) for a brand new 2013 Nissan Titan, with tow package. I have had it in the dealership for a variety of issues. Issues that claim to fix, that would happen not even a couple days later again.

Now I can't tow because the fuses keep getting blown. I've check and rechecked and still having issues. One of the rear seat belts stopped working for no reason, and the others tighten and don't loosen after stops so you end up having to take it off and then put it back on. Brand new truck that I am in the hole on and it is a horrible feeling. One of the other problems (I think a lot of people may have had) were the doors. You can't open them from certain positions because the inside cables come loose or are too long and pop out of the little ball holder the ends are in. It's really frustrating.

I own a 2005 Nissan Titan and have only put 89,000 miles on it. Have owned this truck since 2010. Have done all the necessary maintenance. Just took it in for an oil change a week ago to find out that my rear end differential is bad and needs replacing. I have owned a couple of trucks and never had to replace the rear end differential. I have to pay out of pocket 4500$ to have it fixed. Not happy at all with this. Hope that Nissan will do something about this issue. Have read several comments where people have had the same issue with the Nissan Titan trucks. Apparently, this is a manufacturing malfunction and Nissan needs to do something about it!!

Let me start by saying I'm a maintenance nut, so everything I own gets regular attention. My 2007 Titan King Cab was purchased in December 2006 and I currently have 165K miles on it. I never had any problems with the Titan until I hit 93,000 miles and the rear wheel seals started to leak and the bearings were shot. This really upset me because I have never had a vehicle that needed rear wheel bearings, seals yes. I really like my Nissan dealer but Nissan would not warrant the bearings, but they did approve the installation of an upgraded set of wheel bearings, axles and seals at my expense. They only charged me for the parts not the labor. Did say I like my dealer?

Has anyone else heard of this issue? I would sure like know. As far as the engine and drivetrain are concerned, at 104K miles I changed all the hoses and I do mean all of them. I'm not a fan of the tranny flushes so I drop my pan and clean the screen every 30K miles, then install a new gasket and fresh fluid. Did the same for the rear end. I also installed new shocks and the spring isolator cups and bushings at 104K miles. I recommend this to keep the suspension from metal to metal contact with body. As long as this engine keeps running strong I'm keeping the truck.

2008 Nissan Titan XE - I bought the truck in Oct 10, 2015. It's now May 8th 2016 and it's been in the shop more times than I owned it. It's been living at Nissan. Mind you it only has 83.000 miles on it. They put new intake manifold, new transmission, new pump for window sprayers, new motors for the windows, new drive shaft and u joints, new motor mounts, etc., too much to list, power locks forgets what key fob it has, new spare tire assembly. Yeah the spare tire just fell off in the middle of the road. Went to Titan for mirrors parts and said they didn't have any for this truck like really.

I paid 15900 for the truck. They already put 18000 into it and it's still falling apart. I try to buy stuff for the truck. No one carries it if you go to the dealerships. Look for the truck. They are none existing. You go to any other dealer. Their tricks are on the lots but when you go to theirs, no Titans. I wonder why. The truck is a piece and yes I know from experience I'm going through it now.

I have seen other reviews on here about the Nissan Titan. I bought my 2005 Titan new in 2005. I have been driving it every day since then. I haven't seen another one with as many miles as mine, with ZERO engine and ZERO transmission problems. My truck has had the following repairs done to the engine: spark plugs at 100,000, spark plugs at 210,000, and spark plugs at 320,000. It still has the factory original water pump, starter, alternator, thermostat, radiator, etc. etc. I've never replaced a sensor, fuel lines, power steering lines... NOTHING! It currently has just over 365,000 miles and runs like the day I bought it. I was considering a new Titan diesel, but not until this one gives out. I can't say enough good about this truck. My Silverado needed a new transmission at 60k miles, new drive shafts, etc. My Titan has needed brakes and a new set of rear axle seals.

I have been reading the reviews on the Nissan Titan. I bought mine brand new in 2005. Within a year the front end went and needed to be replaced. Fortunately this was covered by the warranty. At about 80,000 miles the gas line from the gas tank was leaking I needed to be replaced. It's a short little hose. They would not sell me the part without the gas tank because they don't do that. It was ridiculous and it cost me a fortune. I contacted Nissan to complain and they basically said, "Tough luck. That's the way we do it." Now I have a grinding noise on my front left breaks. I replaced the brake pads and a caliper, and the noise is still there. I like the way the truck drives, but I would never buy another Nissan. If I'm going to buy Japanese, I'm thinking I should try Toyota.

I bought a 2016 Nissan Titan XD diesel since I wanted a new diesel truck. I have owned a few diesel trucks, but this is my first Nissan. Now, the truck has 1259 miles on it. At 1000 miles, I brought my truck to the dealer because I was getting 10 miles to the gallon on the highway and I was not towing anything. They checked the truck and said the turbo was not working right. They recalibrate it and gave it back. Now at 1259 miles, I was driving on the highway and the transmission is again downshifting instead of coasting so I am getting around 10 miles to the gallon. During the drive to work in the city, I was getting 14 miles to the gallon. Something is not right here. Wonder if I can give the truck back.

I have had my 2012 Nissan Titan for 3 and 1/2 years. Last week I noticed the tool box on the side of the bed is rotting and rusting out on the inside. I take it to the dealer and they say it's out of warranty after 3 years and to call 1-800-nissan1. They call me back saying there's not a hole through it and they will not help me in any way. No vehicle should rot out in 3 years. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves. I loved my Nissan until now knowing that they are ok having a rotting vehicle 3 years old and not have 1 ounce of pride or care in their product or customer service. This is my 3rd brand new Nissan and now my last.

We have had 3 of them. First one is on 300k+ miles and still running like a champ! Maintenance people, will keep it running for years.

I went to my local Nissan dealer for an oil change. While there I asked them to check for an exhaust leak because I could hear one. I was told there was nothing wrong by the service advisor and he did not even put it in writing or in the computer so I have no proof to go with. Several months later I went back for another oil change. When they brought my truck out I was advised that both exhaust manifolds were cracked and need to be replaced. I was also told that the warranty had expired about 2 months ago. I was told by the dealer that the cost will be $3,600. I called Nissan's consumer affairs and they offered a $1,000 credit to help pay but I also had to do the repairs in a specific amount of time and at the same dealership where they lied to me. I asked if I could go to a different dealer and they said not if I want the discount.

Every time I went to the dealer for any kind of warranty issue whether big or small they always said the trouble was because I did something wrong. The truck has been kinda babied since I bought it new in 2005. It only has 70,000 miles and 2 years after the exhaust problem I am changing the manifolds for the 3rd time. I will no longer buy a Nissan and tell all whom I know to never buy Nissan. Thank you.

I'd like to start this by saying I have owned three Nissan vehicles in the last few years. A 350z, my personal 2011 Titan and my family vehicle which is the 2014 Armada. I bought the Titan because I had sold the Z and that was a fantastic car. I thought the quality of that car was outstanding and the fit and finish where superb. The Titan has been a good truck; it has been mechanically sound despite a major paint issue. The roof has a paint issue and its cracking/flaking off along the molding on both sides and the rear bumper is rusting.

My local dealer has reported the issue to you more than once and I was told there is nothing you are willing to do about it and my local body shop informed me that today's paints and the primer process companies use just aren't as good as older products and methods. I have had to go out of pocket with significant expense and have these repairs made to prevent problem is most likely environmental. I do not agree and have proof otherwise.

I have owned many makes and model of car and truck. I have never had an environmental or otherwise paint issue with any of them. I am not impressed with the finish of the truck or the way this issue was handled, at all. To my knowledge no one from Nissan came to see the truck and instead looked at some emailed pictures that my local dealer took. Because you don't see this issue on a large scale does not mean it's not an issue. The truck may not have been prepped for paint correctly, the mixture of paint may have been off, simply sprayed too thinly or not enough clear coat applied to protect the base. Regardless, my forty thousand dollar truck has cracking paint and rust. Future damage to my vehicle. I am not happy that I had to do so.

I would like Nissan to consider looking into this issue a bit further as I have seen numerous other vehicles with this paint issue. I belong to and post on Titantalk.com and at least a dozen other Titan owners have seen this as well, which is proof that this is not an isolated case. We are all disappointed in Nissan to say the least. The way a customer is treated in regards to these service issues really influences their decisions down the road. When the time comes to replace the truck I may look at Toyota or Ford/Chevy/GMC. Please have a local / area service supervisor contact me via phone call or email.

I love this truck. This truck has ran like a dream for me and I take it camping and off-roading every year in Colorado. This truck actually saved my life last month when a tree fell on it up in Yellowstone. I was driving slowly through some thick woods on a dirt road way out in the middle of nowhere. It was extremely windy. The wind blew the tree out of the ground, roots and all. It was a big tree. The tree hit on the back part of my cab which is a very strong part of the truck. The windows blew out and the door was bent and there is a big dent in the passenger area of the cab and my camper shell was crushed. The truck was totaled by the insurance company, but I am keeping the truck because it still drives like a dream and everything still works. It just isn't as pretty as it once was. This truck took beating and is still going strong.

My truck's rear differential is out, almost lost steering control on freeway. I see there have numerous complaints about this. The truck also overheats. The radiator has been replaced twice to correct this problem to no avail. This must be a factory defect. All maintenance have been kept up.

Had a 2010 Titan and had no complaints, traded for a 2012 Titan and at 24k AC quit blowing cold air. Had it to dealership, they fixed leak at no cost. 28k brakes shot (all four) rotors and pads (Highway Driving same as the 10). Mechanic at dealership told me it's bad design and poor quality steel. NO KIDDING? $900 out of my pocket, didn't let them replace with Nissan Parts, used aftermarket. No brake dust now. 31k exhaust bracket behind muffler rusted off, out of warranty BS. Took it to an Independent Muffler/Brake Shop, they repaired by cutting back to good metal of tailpipe and welded in a section of stainless steel $53. They said they're seeing it all of the time now. They repaired another 012 before mine. Last Nissan for us.

I bought a brand new 2014 Nissan Titan at one of the local dealerships here in South TX. After 1st oil change I notice the engine making a ticking sound like if it was a lifter or something. I took it to dealer and they pretty much told me it was normal. And also noticed when I come to a stoplight the rear of the truck feels like it pops and I have notice when I go and take off it squats down a lot and I hear that popping sound and also feel it and they looked at it and said it was normal. And also brought it to their attention that the tailpipe looks little darker than normal. They said that was normal cause I had a cold air intake installed. Anyone else have same or similar issues? The truck only has 22,000 miles.

I bought my 2004 Titan, brand new in late 2003. It still runs and looks great at over 220,000 miles. There have been some minor repairs and the standard maintenance. But overall, I am very happy with my truck. I pulled a 9,000 lb travel trailer and a 24 foot boat with no problems for years until I sold all my toys!

We purchased a 2007 Titan brand new and within 50000 Miles the exhaust literally fell off at the muffler. Out of warranty but thought it was a fluke. Loved the truck so we bought another new one in 2012 and traded ours in. Now 33000 Miles and 4 months out of warranty. The muffler on our 2012 Titan fell off at the same exact spot. I called Nissan corporate where they said there was nothing they could do for us. Was not the answer we were looking for as the dealership we took it to for diagnosis told us they see this ALL the time.

Come on Nissan I am looking forward to purchasing the new Cummins powered Titan XD but if they start falling apart at 33000 miles, I might wait for the Cummins powered Toyota Tundra. P.S. our 2007 at 50000 miles needed a new rear end. A new exhaust manifold (was covered under 80k emission warranty) and a new exhaust system. Nissan, please feel free to contact me and if you decide to fix YOUR problem I may change my mind and edit my review. Don't see it happening though as I already contacted corporate.

Nissan Titan Company Profile