3.65/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Armada

The Nissan Armada is a full-size SUV that was first introduced in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

148 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We’ve had our 2018 Armada Platinum for a few months and since then, the check engine light has been on three separate occasions, the computer has needed a flash update, the AC has gone out (middle of TN heat), the dash has come loose, there’s rattling in the back door panel and transmission is acting up. The dealership claims they have “fixed what they can” but we end up at square one within a couple weeks. I’m definitely not happy with this vehicle!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Bought a new Armada last year (2018) and within months the paint started to chip. It is chipping all around the vehicle not just the front end. The dealer claims it's rock chips. I don't drive on gravel and the chips are everywhere and numerous. I am very disappointed in Nissan. I have had many vehicles of all makes and models and never have I seen this before. Unacceptable for the price I paid!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We bought a new Nissan Armada last year and it suddenly stopped working. Flashing engine light and decelerated in the middle of the freeway. Almost got in an accident. After a week of it being in the shop, we were told it may have needed a software update. This is crazy to me that when a new vehicle needs a software update it stops working and you may get in an accident. I smell a lawsuit waiting to happen. After nissan’s lengthy decision process (this all took a month) they decided that we can take our new car back to the shop to have another look-over. I would’ve hoped they were a better company than this decision reflects. They should buy it back. In that month another “unknown” issue occurred. The car is a lemon and they know it.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I bought a used 2012 Nissan Armada. After about 8 months of driving it I started to see different spots where paint had started to chip away. One spot on right bumper, another on the front hood and many many more all over the top of the roof. A local Nissan dealership took pictures and had me take my Armada to two different body shops to get quotes.

At both body shops I was told as well as got in writing that the paint chipping is due to factory flaw during prep. Nissan Consumer Affairs was submitted all pictures along with the written estimates (which also state factory fault) and yet I was told Nissan could not help me. They had determined that it wasn't factory fault and it was 38,000 miles out of warranty, therefore they could not help me. Even though I had two body shops tell me the same thing. Will never buy a Nissan again because of this.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased my Nissan Armada two and a half years ago from a dealership in Blue Springs, Missouri. Horrible experience there from the beginning. After about 32 days the vehicle started smoking quite a bit so I took it back into them and they kept it for a few days and stated that there was something wrong with the engine but I could still drive it but if I wanted it fixed I needed to pay out of pocket 1800.00. I thought what the hell? I just bought this and they aren’t willing to fix this? They said it was past the 30 day warranty.

So as time went on I continuously had to put in no smoke all the time and fast forward to this year when it broke down twice. The first time I made it to the shop and they replace the plug and said there was some oil on it. The second time I had to have it towed in and the shop stayed that oil was getting into the plugs and basically I needed a new engine. I contacted Nissan in hopes of some guidance or help with the situation seeing as obviously this was an issue with their vehicle. They stated they could not help at all. I had a 2001 vehicle that ran smoother than this vehicle ever did and never had a problem. How on Earth can a 2010 already have this many problems with the engine?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Armada?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Well I don’t know where to start with the issues with this truck. I supposedly bought a 2012 Nissan Armada brand new in 2012 at 19k miles. I had to replace brakes and rotors all the way around, heat shields stay coming loose and in need of constant tightening, about a month or two the brake light at back of truck fell in, the passenger window motor went out, I had to replace all tires at around 25k miles. I was told they were dry rotted.

Last year the truck was making awful noise like the whole exhaust had fell off. Took it into Nissan. I was told the entire bottom of truck was rusted (How? I live in Chicago. It has never been sitting in water and it’s a 2012. It shouldn’t be old enough to have complete rust under bottom). My back up beeper been out of whack, light is on like I turned it off, it sometimes accelerates on its own, trunk button one day fell inside console panel which shocked me 'cause I barely touched it and one day I decide to use it instead of key fob it went in and last but not least the battery dies all the time. Leave lights on for any amount of time and it needs a jump... I’m thinking this was not a 2012 but was sold to me as a 2012. How do you tell what year the vehicle actually is after all the body style just changed?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have a 2011 Armada top of the line and bought it new. Loved the truck. I have 135k of long distance driving. I paid 51k for the truck. So you would think that owning 51k truck you can have it for many years... wrong! At 135k the rear shocks airbags are shot and can’t repair because of the rust. The dealer is affair to remove them in fear they may break something. The AC line to the rear rusted and linking needs to be repaired at the cost of 2500 dollars. Oh they can do the short version and block it off for 1100. Front differential seal...shot, AC inside under dash fan...shot! The molding on the hood near the wiper...broke. 300 to repair for a rubber strip. This all happened this year 2018.

It’s a shame that a beautiful truck has so many problems. At 30k miles need ball joints. I forgot to add. To make things worst they put Michelin's worst tires on them that last 40k on a 60k tire. Ram trucks are looking better each day. I think this criminal as to how they built this truck. The answer to this from the service department was to trade it on a Nissan pickup, but don’t get the gas engine! I guess that says everything.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought a used 2011 Nissan Armada Platinum. I enjoy this car. Recently, the airbag light came on, the rear liftgate died, a rear fan is now being really loud and the driver side window will continuously go up and down. This all happened in one day. The truck rides great, just disappointed with the problems.

Original review: July 7, 2018

2009 Nissan Armada - Rear console has fallen down and hanging by the electrical wires. NOT happy!! If this had fallen while I had passengers, the console would have fallen on their head and caused injury. Does anyone know if there is a recall on this?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love the Nissan Armada Pathfinder. It's definitely worth the money. Enough room for all my kids plus groceries and stuff when we go shopping. I could even fit my sisters and their kids in the vehicle along with my big family and we could do a road trip and not have to worry about room or the vehicle breaking down. It is an amazing vehicle. Also, it has a DVD player that comes with its factory style and that works well for me cause I have four kids and they all pretty much hate going anywhere. I can play their favorite movies and makes it a more easier and quieter ride. It's awesome but it could of been easier to get stuff for it for the inside. It is really hard to find a bench seat covers for them.

Nissan Armada Company Information