3.64/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Armada

The Nissan Armada is a full-size SUV that was first introduced in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Armada Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

My 2015 Nissan Armada suddenly stalled out on a busy Atlanta interstate. After having it towed to the dealer, they revealed they thought it was engine related with timing issues. The skid indicator light came on as well that day. I am having a lot of trouble understanding why I am having this issue on a 2 year old car; I know I should not be having to write this review.

Secondly, a month ago, my brakes starting shaking when I tried to stop. I took it into a repair shop to find the calipers had actually broken in half on the driver's side of the vehicle. I questioned how that could possibly happen as well. After a fight, the warranty did cover the cost of the brake system components. Has anyone else experienced any engine issues? To note: the dealer did give me a loaner car (however, I chose to use a different dealer than the dealer I purchased the car from originally). As of this review, my car is still in the shop, and per the service department, it may be at least of week before it is repaired due to the amount of labor hours needed for the repair.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I just bought 2017 Nissan Armada Platinum in June 2017. Right away I noticed something odd. Happened one day while braking. The car seemed to brake all by itself. I just kind of shook it off after the scare and continued on. Then I started to notice that the accelerator kind of dies when you are taking off sort of between second and third gears shifts. It kind of just fails. I then pushed the pedal harder to find it jump into passing gear right away and gets up and goes with half the gas tank with it. Really weird I thought.

Then while picking my little one up from school one day it was pouring rain. Had been for several days and we were going down the road when suddenly all the inside lights starts flashing and warning lights and all lights start coming on saying malfunction and not responding. And I got really afraid and went straight to my dealer and pulled it right away into the shop. They hooked the thingy to it that tells them what’s going on and I ask what’s wrong with it just to hear, "I don’t know. I haven’t seen this before." Ummm hmmm ok. Well they reset it and I drive away. I told the mechanics also while I was there that sometimes the gas pedal just seems to die while it’s shifting gears while driving and they know of no known issue.

Well I took in again for this gas pedal issue just for them to tell me that it’s a sensored gas pedal system. Maybe that’s it. I’m just not use to it. I’m use to a regular v6 and they’re different shifting. I said ok and left. Was pumping gas (all the time) when a man came over to my husband and asked if we had any trouble from our vehicle and he said like what when he explained his wife had same problems with her brand new 2016 to find out it was a transmission issue and when fixed on her car no more probs and better gas mileage also. I’m going in tom for another visit to dealer about this issue and pray it gets taken care of. Good luck Armada users and buyers beware. Wish I had known before I bought!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My Nissan Armada front overhead console fell down and hit me in the head when I was parked one day, waiting on my husband. Then the rear console fell and was hanging by just the electrical wires. There is no way to simply repair the problem because the plastic broke around the screws. My mechanic noted that there was no insulation between the overhead console and the metal roof - no wonder it became brittle and cracked. In order to replace the 2 separate panels, even with used parts, it is over $1000! There needs to be a recall AND a class action lawsuit filed. If so - I want to be a part!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

We own a 2006 Nissan Armada. The air conditioner recently quit working. Every time I tried to refill it the fluid would disappear and evidently evaporate. Took it to the shop and discovered the coolant tube had something too close to it and it rubbed a hole in the tube. The tech said the part would cost $1,700 not to mention the labor cost. He said it is a manufacturing mistake but I looked up the recall list and there is nothing noted about that problem. Has anybody had that happen to their Nissan Armada? Love the car, hate the problems.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I bought a 2006 Nissan Armada in May of 2016. Immediately about 2 months into it, my wife almost crashed as the Emergency Brake light came on and the brakes completely failed. I reported it to the Dealership and they claimed they've never heard of such an incident and claimed to know nothing of this obvious factory malfunction. I've taken it to other mechanics and they have told me that the issue has come across to them often and that Nissan needs to put a recall, but they haven't and probably won't until more people file complaints. How many people have to die or get injured from the inevitable crash happening because of failing brakes. Nissan needs to own up to this problem and resolve it for the safety of the public.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Armada?

Original review: July 11, 2017

I am reading the reviews on the Nissan Armadas. Very disappointed to say the least. My ex-husband and I purchased a 2010 (used) Armada. We haven't had any problems with it other than having to replace the tires due to me driving it a lot for my job and the numerous trips we would make out of town. In 2016 the passenger side back door got stuck and still to this day is stuck. Will not open up. When you drive off in the car right around 15 mph the locks engage and the passenger side door makes a really loud noise. The back hatch only opens when it wants to. AC box is out on the driver's side, so I have to roll the windows down. I live in Texas and the heat and humidity are a killer. I took the car to a Nissan dealership where they proceeded to tell me that the actuators are out but they want to charge me over $5,000 to get it repaired.

I took it to another mechanic and he only wants to charge $1300. However, recently going through a divorce, filing for a bankruptcy and now I am getting ready to move to New Mexico, I do not have the extra funds to get it fixed. I refuse to put all the money into this vehicle. Brakes were sticking and grinding in Oct 2016 on my way to court for my divorce hearing. Of course it was pouring down rain at the time so I just figured it was the brakes getting wet. Yesterday, 7/10/17, I got in my car to go home and the display screen wouldn't come on, radio didn't work and the AC button wouldn't even turn on.

Got in the car this morning and they all work now. I can't purchase a new vehicle until Oct. Very disappointed in this vehicle even though I haven't had too many issues. Did have the starter replaced which is normal due to the car being used when we bought it. Nissan needs to do a recall on the brakes, AC not working and the actuators going out. I spent $40,000 on this vehicle.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I have a 04 Armada purchase used and inspected by Nissan. I was not advised that the brakes are a death trap and that I should change the booster or delta sensor to keep the brakes from NOT functioning. I have 2 small children is why I purchased this truck. I called their consumer department and was told to go and have a diagnosis and then contact them back. Anyone did this with a positive outcome??? (Ex: them paying for those two repairs and did that solve the problem?)

Original review: March 16, 2017

I bought my 05 Armada 2 years ago and am very unhappy! I can't wait to get back in a Chevy. Nissan has not done right by me or any customers with this major brake issue and it is horrible! Brake lights and ABS light and others come on and I lose my brakes all the time. I bought this truck for the safety of me and my 3 young kids and I feel anything but safe. The brakes grind and lock when these lights come on but if I shut the car it resets. I know many people have same issue and Nissan will not recall this and reimburse its customers.

I did the brake booster replacement for over $1,000!! It has helped yea but has not completely fixed the problem. The lights and brake problem happens less frequent but still happens and that's not OK!!! The front end is extremely squeaky and noisy and Nissan dealership and service is zero help. I always maintain my vehicle with service and oil changes and regular checking of brakes and all fluids. This car should not be like this! I bought it 2 years ago with only 50,000 miles on it and it has been a nightmare to this day. Nissan is the worst and ignores its customers! They take our money and turn their heads! People have died because of these trucks and Nissan is not held accountable how is this allowed???

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

My wife and I bought a 2007 Nissan Armada back in 2012. We had the truck shipped to us from Miami FL, To Panama FL. When we first bought the truck it was warm out so we didn't realize that the front and rear heater core didn't work. Good thing we bought an extended warranty. But why should we have had to use our warranty on something that wasn't working when we bought it. My wife wanted it fix so we took it to the Ford dealership in Panama city FL. These idiots took the truck to the back revved the engine for 10 minutes and gave it back. "Oh it's fine" he said. "It's just been sitting for a while." We got it home and same thing. No heat. Took it back on a full tank. The same idiot came out and did the same thing running out all our gas. Then he ask do we have a warranty because the heater core in the front and rear was out. They kept our truck for two weeks. We only had it for a month now. Got that problem fixed.

Next, the rear suspension went out. We have air bags. Took it to the Nissan dealership in Panama city. They first replaced the pump. Truck still didn't lift. They replaced the pump again truck, now the pump won't turn off. They replaced the leveling sensor still won't stay up. They replaced one airbag still won't stay up. They replaced both. That's the whole rear end of the truck so we thought everything was fine. Six months later same problem. Now all this is being covered by the warranty because they're half adding their job. They charged our warranty again because the pump went out.

Another problem was a grinding noise from the brakes. Brake light comes on. Pedal goes to the floor when you press it. They told me I needed new rotors and pads but the warranty doesn't cover it. $750 if they do it. No hell. I went to AutoZone. Bought everything and did it myself. It still happens. They told me next time it happens to bring it in but when you turn off the truck it resets and nothing shows up in the computer. So when it happened again I recorded it and my wife took it to the dealership. He act like he couldn't hear the noise and didn't understand the video.

"Next time bring it in when it happens" he said. I guess he wants us to die on the way that way we can leave him alone. Will NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN AGAIN. Customer service sucks. One problem after another. Had it for 3 years only. Have 115,372 miles on it and nothing but headache. Warranty is about to expire in 4000 more mile. Have to renew it. Because truck is not paid for. Can't afford repairs and maintenance.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Bought a 2013 Nissan Armada with only 30,000 miles. The heater was not working. Brought the car to Nissan for repair. Service advisor informed me that is a very common problem for the Nissan Armada to have the heater out so soon. Shame on Nissan! Will never buy a Nissan again!

Nissan Armada Company Information