Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.66/5
Based on 131 reviews that contain star ratings

Nissan Armada

The Nissan Armada is a full-size SUV that was first introduced in 2003. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

144 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2015

2004 Nissan armada - On several occasions when I'm driving the vehicle with no warning the brakes go out, grind, make like a spring sound, and I'm not able to stop the vehicle. I'm so afraid for my family and our safety. Not to mention the innocent people that could be affected by this defect in the manufacturing and sales of this Nissan. I'm going to the newspaper, news, and social media if this problem is not recalled. Inevitably this is going to cause an accident! "Recall Nissan."

Original review: July 6, 2015

So I bought the truck in 2005 November. It's a 2006 Nissan Armada LE 4x4 fully loaded. I got it with about 18 miles on it. Now it just reached 108k about a week ago. SO FAR THE TRUCK HAS GAVE ME %100! I have taken this truck to mexico 6 times (10k miles each time) And I don't stop on my way to sleep. Only gas stations and two or three rest areas +100F with the AC on and it has never overheated on me once!!! Reasons why it never gave me problems is because I've gave it service whenever it needed it or even before it needed it. (Spark plugs, injector cleaner, air filters, oil change and oil filter) the basics.

About a month ago my truck started leaking oil from the 4x4 transmission. I believe that has a name but idk what it's called. Mechanic said it's the gasket on the 4x4 transmission that they will eventually get hot and start cracking but its normal. Plus I never use my 4x4 so I really don't care. But why risk it leading into a bigger problem? So I fixed it... I recommend this truck ONLY IF YOU TREAT YOUR CAR RIGHT! Some people want it to be the best car In the world but all you do is pump gas and drive...-___- Also I highly recommend to buy the truck first owner that way you don't get it all messed up. Some people like to abuse these big v8 trucks (5.6 v8 305hp.)

Original review: June 26, 2015

I took my wife's truck to work yesterday which is something I never do. On my way home the brake light came on and I had no braking power, while I was on the highway. There was a grinding noise and a buzzing sound. Luckily, I made it to a service station and had it checked out. They called me today saying it was fine now but are suggesting I replace the front and rear rotors and pads plus changing the brake fluid costing $850. I'm glad I looked this issue up before telling them to do the work. This is not a mechanical issue.This is a computer issue Nissan needs to address.

This site saved me a lot of money that would not of fixed the problem. I will contact Nissan to see if there is a recall or if they will fix this. If not, I will file a class action lawsuit. There is no way they can say that they are not aware of this issue. I'm just glad it happened to me and not my wife! It's a shame because other than this, it had been a good solid vehicle. Now I also have to deal with this Meineke shop that tried to swindle me of $800. I'm sure they looked this up and already knew what was wrong.

Original review: June 19, 2015

I am having the same problem that it seems every other Armada owner is having with the brake light coming on and when you go to apply the brakes they grid and have a popping noise like a spring. I have a 2005 Nissan Armada 4x4. I have had for about 2 years now and I love everything about it except for this problem. I know there has been a class action lawsuit on this issue but they were only going to give me $20.00 to have this problem fixed just because my car is a 2005. I have been told that it would cost closer to $1,000 or more to have the problem fixed. I don't want the money I just want my car fixed so it is safe for my family. I don't understand why Nissan won't do a recall on this problem considering how many people I have seen complain about the same problem. Can someone help with this issue?

Original review: June 3, 2015

I have a 2005 Armada purchased in 2006. This car now has closed to 200,000 miles. I have been having brakes locked up and grinding issues for years. Car will not move when grinding. I took it in several years ago and service stated that they cannot do anything with it unless it was on. Are these service guys idiots?! I said cannot move car when it comes on. Nissan listen to your consumers. You almost killed me. I was on highway not a road and not going 40 mph. We are talking 65 mph. Your brakes locked up abruptly. My car does not accelerate. I had to try to find a shoulder to creep into to turn off my engine so the brakes would release. Are you trying to kill us? Where the hell is the recall? This is as important as your airbag recall. I have dealt with this for so many years. Fix the issue cause it is still happening for almost 9 years now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Armada?

Original review: May 13, 2015

We own a 2006 Nissan Armada that we bought new and has been well serviced over the years. Last fall, right at the 75k mileage mark, the brakes began randomly grinding while we were in traffic on a busy road. For those of you who have experienced similar problems, this class action lawsuit might apply: Banks v. Nissan North America, Inc. **. Overall, we are happy with the Armada, but it shouldn't take a class action lawsuit to fix something that clearly should be a free recall fix. We've had this happen on hilly terrain and it's very dangerous. Fix it Nissan!

Original review: April 29, 2015

I have a 2004 Nissan Armada. The last few years I have been having problems with my brakes. When coming to a stop they start grinding. The brake light comes on and is difficult to stop. I have to turn vehicle off and restart for issue to go away. I have had brakes replaced multiple times and rotors and that does not fix issue. Please recall this issue before someone is serious injured.

Original review: April 10, 2015

I have a 2008 Nissan Armada and my passenger headlight takes on condensation. Once I noticed it I started looking at other Armadas and lo and behold this is a common problem that occurs in many of the Nissan Armadas.

Original review: April 5, 2015

My son-in-law was driving the 2008 Armada yesterday when smoke started pouring out of the a/c vents. He made a turn back towards his home and came to a red light, as he stopped the fire came through the floor and melted his shoes. He had to break through passenger side window, which he had put down a few inches. All doors and windows were inoperable. The Armada was completely destroyed in a matter of minutes. Thank GOD he wasn't hurt! I bought this car from AutoNation used almost three years ago. Why was I not informed about this recall?

Original review: March 26, 2015

I have owned my Armada since new 2011! I have had brakes done x 3, rear hubs go and struts done, rear hubs both sides yet Nissan warranty doesn't cover brake pads except the side done! So my vehicle was kicking out side to side when hitting the smallest ruts in the road, which in northern Alberta are almost every few miles In the roads. My vehicle hands down is a dust bomb. My son has asthma and can't ride in my vehicle! After taking in my Armada x 10 for dust problems a 3rd dealership finally found plugs from factory were missing.

Oh but I has purchased new vehicle warranty til 160000 kms and the dealership where I purchased the Armada didn't inform me I had rental coverage. They charged me directly for rental vehicle coverage and told me point blank I was a pain in their ** when they ran my vehicle out of gas and it wouldn't start on their lot "Grande Prairie Nissan, Alberta Canada." Oh and countless times I had to have book hotels to wait for my vehicle which wasn't ready when it was suppose to be! I have had numerous problems and issues with my Armada. Want to hear horror stories in have then from the start of buying my Armada. I went to can vamp the Canadian lemons clause company, but it was too late as the Grande Prairie Alberta dealership told me about the program after I was over 60000 kms.

Original review: March 21, 2015

I have a 2010 Nissan Armada SE, with under 36,000 miles on it. Today, after buying some WD40 for the rear truck to fully release, I left the AutoZone lot. When I put the truck in reverse, the transmission changed hard, then the VDC OFF, BRAKE, and SLIP lights came on. When I put the vehicle in drive, and accelerated, the vehicle took off with more torque than it normally does. Upon trying to stop, the brakes went super spongy, and came to a smooth stop, which isn't ok, when your foot has the brake pedal all the way to the floor. I have been reading everything, from the rear lift gate/tailgate issues, with that not fully unlocking, to now this dangerous issue.

I am in NY, and will be contacting Charles Schumer, and Kristen Gillibrand, the US senators from NY. It doesn't make sense, we should have to pay for a safety defect that shouldn't have this problem so early, and for some of us, with low mileage. We do need to bombard the U.S. Attorney General office, and our respective state Atty. General office, letting them know, we are contacting the US Atty General office also......

Original review: March 14, 2015

115000 HARD Miles.. Takes 800 mile trips in summer and winter never missing a beat. Beginning 3rd set of brakes and 3rd set of tires. Love this truck and everyone thinks it's NEW.. change oil every 3500 miles with Mobile 1 5W30.. and one Miracle Marvel Oil. Changed all fluids as scheduled. I've never had an issue. I tow cars and trucks with it all the time with trailer.. added Bully Dog at 100000 miles and it runs like a bat outta **. Never gonna sell it. Wife has had Jaguar XKR Convertible, Chevy Avalanche LTZ, and now on her second HUMMER and my ARMADA is still KING.

Original review: March 2, 2015

Almost crash brakes fail, start grinding. Had my kids, they were terrified. Had to restart the truck. Light came off Nissan. Need to do something. We should protest in front, one of the dealer.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I have a 2006 Nissan Armada and it starting falling apart around the 75,000.00 mark. First of all, I am now due for what will be my 4th set of brakes. My brake light will come on for no apparent reason while driving and when you try to stop brakes make this grinding noise and makes it hard to come to a stop. If I pull over shut the car off and restart it then it resets. VERY DANGEROUS...

Have contacted Nissan several times with no response. Controls on steering wheel no longer work and a month ago horn no longer works. Both front seats have extreme wear to upper corner on left driver’s side and on the right passenger side, ironed on patches. I am assuming from sliding off the seat when getting out of the vehicle. A seat should last a much longer than that. My driver window motor went out at 75,000 miles. Two air control knobs to the right will only work with covers off and have to use your fingers to adjust with the little black knob. On the back left passenger window all the paint has come off of the metal. (Funny thing is... not happening on any other window... just that one.)

Back latch will not open unless you crawl into the back of the car. Back glass will not open at all any more. My thermostat just went out, and yesterday my windshield wiper fluid no longer squirts out from front or rear. I now have 113,000 miles on my car and I am the only owner. I seldom have passengers and I am totally upset with the quality of this expensive ride. I have had on at least 3 different occasions emailed Nissan with no response. I have NEVER in my life had so many things fall apart on a car. I bought this car with only 6 miles on it back in Nov of 2005. And the worst thing about it is the fact... it is now paid off and not worth crap because of everything wrong with it. Nice waste of over $50,000 not including all the interest paid...GRRRRRR.

Updated on 09/17/2015:

Still NO response from NIssan. In the meantime of all the other things that have fallen apart on my vehicle I just had a new set of front and rear brakes along with rotors replaced in 8/2015. I also had to have a tie rod replaced as it was broken and I had never known it. My brake light keeps coming on at different times which means.... YOU CANNOT STOP!!! The brakes grind to a halt and I have to pull over, turn off the car and restart it. This is a death trap! I am now finding myself looking at my dash very cautious every time I go to apply my brakes to make sure my brake light is not on to allow myself time to stop.

What is it going to take for Nissan to get the point of a horrible vehicle... DEATH??? Then a few days ago I noticed a light flashing on my instrument panel. I thought it was for the seat belt. I looked in the manual and it is the airbag light that constantly flashes... WTH now??? I tried some things I found online of how to possibly reset it and no luck. So great. AIRBAG ISSUE NOW ALONG WITH THE BRAKE ISSUE... I am sure in a death trap now. Then tonight I went to press the unlock button so I could get out of the car and it would not work. I had to grab the little lever and pull it out so I could get out of my car. Then I went to use my keychain alarm to lock it and it did nothing.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

This is sixth Nissan I have owned and by far the best one I have owned. This vehicle blows all the competition away. My wife and I tow a twenty six foot, eighty one hundred pound boat all around the Chesapeake Bay area nine months a year. This vehicle is great.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

We have a 2011 Nissan Armada. Started 2014 we started hearing roaring noise after we turn the truck off over the radio area. Nissan dealership call they self fixing it but the noise steady continued on. Is a good truck and we like it a lot, but that is the only real problem that we had. We got it brand new with no miles.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

2007 Nissan Armada: I have the same complaint with my brakes as other consumers. The brake light comes on, the brakes start grinding and you can't stop easily. Once you finally stop and turn the car off and restart it, the brake light goes off then stops normally again. You don't get any warning at ALL; this is very serious. Repair shop told us that they couldn't tell us what was wrong unless the light was on when we brought it in. It came on and we took it in and they told us that it was the delta sensor in the Power Brake Booster and that the whole booster had to be replaced. Found part at NAPA for $219.00 plus core and about 4 hrs to change. Then we were told that we had to take in to reset the ECM so that the sensor and ECM will communicate again, another half an hour.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

2004 Nissan ARMADA - My brakes are squeaky and I have had them changed twice in 6 months. The front rims collects a lot of dirt. I don't understand what's going on with my brakes. Also my Low warning tire pressure light comes on for no reason, I have had the air pressure checked and it’s up to standard but the light will come on still. I'm loss for answers. Do anyone have to solution to these problems?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

I own 2005 armada. My entire braking system failed like 2 months ago. First brakes lost its power all of a sudden with brake, vdc and slip light on. Took it to dealer and they said I need new brake booster and abs module (actuator). Bill is 3500 $ and the problem is still not fixed. But I am just amazed how can entire braking system failed without any warning and why Nissan is not taking it seriously cause it's not only me, it's everyone who is having this trouble. Never ever buy Armada or any Nissan vehicle - am done with them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

My 12-year-old was in my Nissan Armada when it broke down. My coolant leaked into my transmission fluid and my car started to overheat but stop working right on the spot out of nowhere, due to it having no transmission fluid in it!! If I had been on the highway, we all could have died! GOD was on my side and I just happened to be on a side road with like no cars!! 51 people have sign it, let's keep the move going for the people to be heard. We're not going to let companies like Nissan sell us bad cars and trucks that keep breaking down with no recall for all the ones it happened to!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

I'm working on a 2004 Nissan Armada with a 5.6 liter engine. It had a freeze plug issue, fixed that and now I have water coming out my throttle body, took intake off of it, all gaskets are in good shape. What is the recommend fix for this issue?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

We own a 2007 Nissan Armada, purchased in early 2008 from the original owner. The vehicle has been a dream for us, no complaints up until two years ago. Aside from the occasional need for repairs, which were minor and fully covered under the extended warranty, we had no issue whatsoever. In early 2013 we had an incident while driving in a parking lot where out of nowhere, the brakes seemed to lock up on their own. It was as if the e-brake was stuck suddenly. Fortunately we were going slow but the whole vehicle shuddered and grinded. The only solution was to park the car, turn the key off and restart the car.

This issue did not happen for several months, but the second time it happened, I was on the freeway. I was able to pull to the shoulder and turn the car off to reset, but suffice it to say, I was quite alarmed when this happened. Again, we were safe (me and my 3 children) and it was during the day, in good weather, but of course the thought ran through my mind of how bad it could have been.

The techs at Nissan say they haven't heard of this problem and can't troubleshoot since they can't replicate the problem. Other issues we've had all seem to be electrical (also surfacing in the last two years) which makes me wonder if it's all related to an electrical system issue. None of the problems I list have been corrected by service since they are all intermittent: Backup camera feed cuts out, sunroof will not close automatically, drivers side window will not close or lower automatically, drivers side window gets stuck, brake light goes out for days and then suddenly starts working, "key in ignition" alarm sounds with no key inserted. With all this stated, we are still looking at purchasing a new Armada when the time comes (which might be soon if all these issues are too costly to repair).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

Brake light comes on, brakes grind when applied and finally the Armada will stop. Went to the local Nissan dealership and was told that there was a service bulletin (NOT A RECALL) and I would be responsible for cost of repairs. I asked what was the diagnosis and the service manager said that they were not sure. Told them I was not going to give them a blank check and vehicle still not be repaired. I had gone online and found out that this is a common problem on the Armada's. Filed a formal complaint with the Federal Highway Administration - big waste of time. DON'T EVER BUY A NISSAN PRODUCE AS THEY WILL NOT REPAIR KNOWN PROBLEMS. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WITH ARMADA'S WITH SAME PROBLEM AND NISSAN "HAS NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE". WE CALLED IT BULL DUKIE ON THE FARM.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2014

My 2005 Nissan Armada don’t start and when I check everything what I found is missing fire in the driver side - all four cylinders. My Armada is V 8 5.6. I'm already check all the sensors, crank and cam and everything is good. Let me know if anybody knows the problem. Thanks.

Resolution response: Dec. 25, 2014

I posted a recent review about the brake issues (grinding and total brake power loss) on the 2004 Armada that I had just purchased. I took it into the dealership as well as contacted Nissan directly. Nissan is fixing the brake issue and it isn't required to bring it in when the issue is occurring. They were able to pull the bulletin up in their computer system and knew exactly what I was talking about.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I just purchased this vehicle 5 days ago and already experienced the brake issue where I lost complete braking abilities... I was in the hills of San Francisco!!! I understand that there hasn't been a recall but looks like I'll be devoting some time to this and doing my due diligence in contacting Nissan and filing proper complaints.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

My Nissan 2004 Pathfinder/Armada brake lights comes on then I hear a grinding sound whenever I press the brake pedal. I can the vehicle off and restart and the problem goes away. Appears that this is a common problem but Nissan apparently has not been made aware of it at the proper levels. Service department said they can start changing parts out unless I can bring it in when it has happened. That is not feasible since I will not drive the vehicle if the brakes are grinding.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I'm also having brake problems with my 2004 Armada. I turn the car on and the brakes are already applied and make grinding noises, I turn the car off then back on and the brakes resets. I just hope this don't happen when I'm driving. Nissan needs to address this issue and have a recall.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

My wife Martha while driving from home to buy a pizza in a distance of about 3 miles, her car (2012 Nissan Armada) started smoking inside, under the dash. In reaction to the smoke she opened the windows right away. She hurried to get off the road and pulled over. She tried to get out and the doors will not open. Not even manually. She was desperate as she is 2 months pregnant, so she climbed off the window. Then the windows stopped operating also. They will not go up, they were dead. She was very nervous and hoping the impact of the fall will not harm the baby. A friend that was close by took her to her doctor for a checkup.

Thanks to GOD, everything checked out okay with her pregnancy. She still very nervous and feels that she doesn't want to drive that car anymore even if Nissan repairs it. Nissan sent a towing truck to pick up the car and they have it at the shop right now. They said the computer is burned and they still don't know the cause. They are ordering a new computer to further diagnose the problem. In the meantime, they have provided a loaner car.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

2004 Nissan Armada - Have owned for 4 years. Same brake problem everybody has been having (ABS braking malfunction). Has happened twice, both times turn it off and restart and it resets. Once I was towing my boat and about wrecked the first time. The second time with the wife and kids on the interstate! This problem will get someone killed!!! Should be a recall and law suit. Nissan knows about this problem.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

I drove my Armada to Florida this past month, driving on I-65 when suddenly the part in the back that houses my third brake light went flying off, almost hitting a car behind me. Then while I was at Disney World the overhead console that houses the DVD player falls off ripping out my wiring and things. VERY UNHAPPY Nissan owner!!! How do I go about getting Nissan to fix these issues!!?

Nissan Armada Company Information