2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

3.8/5 (247 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan Rogue

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Rogue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: July 9, 2021

Everyone blames covid but why doesn't Nissan have the cooling fan assembly in stock. My car has been in the shop a month and have got nothing from Nissan except false promises. The dealer has not heard. I have been told it had an eta of a week ago, but No Part. I'm paying for a car that sits in the shop. I will never purchase another Nissan again.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Dealer did all they could but Nissan Consumer Affairs was the worst I have encountered. 2020 Rogue totaled after accident because we could not get final engine harness part. Made mistake of buying a 2021 Rogue which left wife without power in traffic when CVT module failed due to water intrusion. Nissan should do a safety recall to avoid possible catastrophic failures such as ours in the future. Loaner Rogue failed us during rain storm. I was ignored when voicing my concerns to Nissan Consumer Affairs. We are very disappointed with our purchases but Nissan refused to buy back. Buyer beware.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2021

So I bought my new Rogue Sport there in 2018, and it was my 3rd Rogue and 6th Nissan product overall. I had 3 Maximas, beginning in 1988, 1991, and 2001. But this car I purchased the extended warranty, Platinum version. So you spend about 5k for one of these and after financing, you end up paying $8k. ICYMI, the CVT is a **. Lotsa lawsuits filed. Worse, my car had 80,000 miles on it and the warranty ended at 75K. So I called Nissan & their CS people said "Hey, we might be able to get you some help from our Consumer Affairs people." And I thought hmmm, I could be that lucky. Well, I started looking online about this and sure enough Nissan's Consumer Affairs department has indeed stepped in to help clients in my case out, paying up to 70% of it.

But not for me. A dude named Wesley called me and said "well, your car is old and not in good shape, and we can't help you". And I told this representative "that's funny, I paid $32K for that car brand new, and when you were selling it to me you said it was AWESOME!" Funny way to treat a guy who has been loyal to the brand. Even when my friends were buying Toyotas, I was still shilling for them. FTR, I’m 100% disabled after major surgery to my neck in 2018. I guess Nissan thinks I’m not going to be able to afford their junk and wouldn’t buy again anyway, and they’re right.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought a 2016 Nissan Rogue and literally Nissan has a shifting problem and when you take it the dealership they act they do not know what you're talking about. Then the traction light keeps coming on while driving and once it comes it literally makes the car barely go speed!!!! My friend also had the same problem on his 2017 Nissan Altima!!! It’s so frustrating because this been a issue with Nissan cars for years and no one seems to have fix the problem! Good cars in begin but not good for a long term car at all! You will have problems!

Original review: March 5, 2021

I loved my 2015 Nissan Rogue when I bought it but that didn't last. It has and has had several problems. In the summertime there is an awful musty smell in the car and water accumulates under the driver seat. Dealer couldn't find the cause. Driver side window stopped working, dealer said it was a rusted out motor in the door. $500 to replace the motor and that did not fix the problem. Took it to a local garage and it was a pinched wire. Driver side airbag light is on meaning that in an accident the airbag will not deploy, at this point I am sick of paying for repairs. Side control panel on my drivers seat has completely snapped off and is sitting on the floor. Large piece of metal fell off my car from underneath, I don't even know what it goes to. This car is not rusted at all, metal just seems week and thin. I will NEVER buy a Nissan product again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The android auto head unit has choppy audio when playing music from my android phone when connected through USB. They know of the problem and want me to wait an undetermined amount of time for a software update. This problem started from the date I purchased the vehicle which was four months ago. They don't want to replace the unit with another not do they want to pay to have a third party head unit installed to fix the problem. They are willing to take the vehicle back but only as a used vehicle which isn't financially feasible for me. So if I want to fix this problem. I have to buy a third party stereo and pay to have it installed. At this point I don't think they are informing their current customers about this issue prior to purchase..

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

2012 Nissan Rogue is a very poorly made vehicle. Purchased new from dealer. The paint can be rubbed off with a towel in attempt to remove bird poop. The paint faded and peeled within first 4 years. Car had to be serviced several times. The airbag light flashes and the passenger airbag will not deploy in a crash with an adult in the passenger seat. This is a huge safety issue that Nissan will not repair. Nissan USA customer service is worthless. Do not buy a Nissan product. It will kill your loved one in the passenger seat if you crash.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

After much research, we purchased a new 2019 Nissan Rogue SV. We were very happy with our purchase until about 7,500 miles, still within a year of purchase, when we began to hear a noise upon acceleration. We took it back to the dealership and 3 months later it is still there. The service technicians and Nissan engineers have torn it completely apart. Now they have declared it a lemon and we are working with Nissan for a buyback of our vehicle! This was the first Nissan for us and will definitely be our last. Do not buy a 2019 Nissan Rogue!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have a red 2013 Nissan Rogue with 78,000 miles and the clear coat paint is peeling on it...contacted Nissan Cust Service and was told although it was obviously defective. Nothing they will do for me even if they lose me as a future customer.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue SL, with all the safety features you could ask for in this line of crossovers. The car has a panoramic roof and is an AWD vehicle. I originally bought this car in July 2017 with 32,100 miles and decided to trust the brand (to which I was new). At the time of purchase at Nissan of Manchester Connecticut I opted to buy all the recommended warranties they provided (Gold extended warranty) and finance through Nissan itself. Mid 2019 I started noticing a musty smell after it rained and a few times we noticed the headliner was wet. As we kept using the car we noticed the car was accumulating water under the driver and passenger seats and there was water dripping down the front columns.

We took the car to the dealership (now living in Houston Texas) and we had to pay over $350 to have the sunroof drainage unclogged. In November the car locks started acting up (locking and unlocking themselves while the right blinker light was activated, while the rear hatch was activated or the hazard lights came on). Again, I took it to the dealership and they charged me $340 to remove the aftermarket hitch I had installed to move my family across the country. Now at the beginning of 2020 the car's locks started acting up again every time it rained (there is a clue there). I took the car again to the same dealership and under my awesome extended warranty they recalibrated the BCM (body control module), a second time it was replaced and multiple other times the new one was recalibrated. On my last visit to the dealership I was charged $540 for diagnosing water damage to the car.

I have been at the dealership at least 5 times for the same problem (they credit the problem to water damage and told me my only option was to make a claim through my insurance), I have contacted Nissan consumer affairs (I was told the dealership declared it was the owner's responsibility) and no help from the brand themselves. Long story short, I have paid enough money to service the car, fix the problem and expects good service to a loyal customer who bought the car from a Nissan dealership, bought all the extended warranties, services the car at the local dealership and is willing to keep the car if they treat my families car right.

I would advice against the model with the panoramic sunroof because historically these cars have a problem with the drainage system and water will ultimately run into the interior and damage the electrical system. Of course it will be the owner's fault for not paying $350 worth of preventive unclogging every 6 months as recommended by the service manager at Central Nissan of Houston, Tx.

Nissan Rogue Company Information