3.9/5 (279 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

About Nissan Rogue

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Nissan Rogue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I purchased a new Nissan Rogue 2016. I have 1,40000 Kms on it and the transmission is already gone and the dealership is asking for $7000 to get a new transmission. I am a senior who does not have any money to pay this huge amount or buy a new car. Nissan management has washed their hands by stating that my warranty is over. Well, the transmission died as soon as the warranty was over. They do not take any responsibility of the crappy cars they have produced. Shame on them. I have paid the dealership three times for the diagnoses, first they came up with something else which cost me $700 dollars and they said all is fine, nothing is wrong with transmission. The engine light started showing up again after about six weeks and when I took to the dealership, they said, "Your transmission is gone." I would really advise never to buy this car if you want to maintain your peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I have been a Nissan car owner since I graduated from college- a total of 20 years. I decided to purchase my kicks when it was only a few years old. In addition, I also purchased a 5K warranty. Since last year, I have been trying to resolve a broken touch screen console, which Nissan will make no exceptions for, as they claim it is outside of warranty. This is a safety issue and a concern. If unresolved, I will sell my car and switch to another brand. I am extremely disappointed.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I bought brand new Nissan Rogue (All wheel drive) in Nov 2016 from Fred Anderson Nissan dealership, since day one I had Navigation System issues and had been reported, I had visited dealers (Fred Anderson Nissan, Raleigh & Nalley Nissan, Cumming) 3 to 4 times (maybe more) to get it fixed while my Rogue was in warranty, dealers could not find the root cause and could not fix the issue till date. Last week I reached out to Nissan Customer Affairs. Opened up an issue ticket, Jasmin (or Jaslene) was assigned as my case manager, she wants me to get the diagnosis done at my cost + loaner at my cost and then once the dealer provides the report to Nissan they Nissan will decide if can help fix the issue or not, I told her that I am ready to follow your guidelines but it's really UNPROFESSIONAL & UNFAIR asking me to put my money for diagnosis and loaner since this issue is existing since day one.

I would request the leadership to review my Rouge’s old records with dealerships dealers (Fred Anderson Nissan, Raleigh & Nalley Nissan, Cumming) regarding this issue reported and the work done. Since this issue is from day one, all expenses should be taken care by Nissan. I would request the leadership to intervene, investigate the issue and provide a solution on PRIORITY.

Issues reported
    1. Bluetooth intermittently lose connection.
    2. Navigation does not work properly.

3. Power goes off intermittently.

Atul

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I purchased a Nissan Rogue in Sep 2021, 15 days after side mirrors started rattling very hard. I took it to their service department and they replaced for new ones, two months after drives mirror started rattling again. I took it to their service again the replaced again, a month after both side mirrors started shaking one more time. I took it to their service but the mechanic told me they can no do anything cause already replaced twice and I have to wait that more people make complaint about this, and then maybe the Nissan engineers solve the problem.

I called their consumer affairs division and they said the engineers are studying the problem they don't know how long it may take, one year, two years... or maybe when my warranty expires. Couldn't believe that a huge brand like Nissan can't fix two side mirrors. They did not give me a warranty, they did not give me a solution and I have to put up with that unbearable noise from the mirrors of a new car and for which I'm paying a loan 700 dollars fee per month. I'm done with Nissan. I won't never buy this brand again.

Original review: July 6, 2022

My Nissan Rogue has 165K miles, & I need a 3rd transmission. Nissan vehicles are known for transmission issues, & Nissan does not stand behind its product. Do your research- I’d never purchase Nissan!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I traded in a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport and purchased a brand new 2021 Nissan Rogue SL AWD on 4/16/2022 at Nissan Bowie. On May 2, 2022, the car stopped and wouldn't start. I called my sales representative, who wasn't in the office and suggested that I contact the service department. I contact the service department, who advised me to jump the car and bring it in for a diagnostic on the vehicle. I repeated what she said because I couldn't believe my ears. I asked her why would I need to jump a brand new car! So that I could resolve the issue, I got a jump, and the dashboard and headlight error messages came across the screen. I videotaped the occurrence because I couldn't believe it.

It was too late by the time I got the jump to drive the car to the shop, so I had to wait until the next day. That next day it still didn't start. I had my sister drive me to Nissan to speak to the sales manager. I was agitated because I had just purchased this car, and now it won't start. It took 30 minutes for someone to assist us, and it wasn't until I asked for the Manager's business card that we were seen. After speaking to Mr. Steven **, he said I shouldn't have jumped the car. He wrote the 800 number on my paperwork and told me that Nissan provides tow service for their customers and to call them when I'm ready to have the car picked up. He was disinterested in what I had to say because his focus was purchasing a new car for his son. At that point it was useless and we left.

I immediately called Nissan Corporation after leaving the car lot. He never offered me a loaner, no one offering to have it towed on my behalf, or even sit down to discuss my concerns. I thought there was a mechanical issue, not a battery issue (especially since this is a brand new car). My biggest concern was what if this happens again or if there is unforeseen problems down the road. I wanted them to exchange the car for another one to be on the safe side, they told me I could do that but it would cost be an additional 10K because the car depreciates when it leaves the lot. I couldn't believe it. Mr. ** was both rude and unprofessional.

I didn't get the other manager's name; however, when I purchased my car they were accommodating and nice but after I purchased the car they were nasty and rude. They even said to me that I should expect the battery to be weak if a car has been sitting on the lot for so long. I said if it's been sitting then why don't you run a diagnostics before you release the car to the customer. Nissan needs to train their employees on sensitivity, customer serivce and equity training. It would have been nice if they had offered me an extended warranty just in case something does go wrong. Especially when I addressed my concerns. NOPE NOTHING-still waiting to hear from Corporate. I won't say never but I know for now they have lost a customer and any referrals from me.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I purchased my car in March of 2021 and have driven it less than 7,000 miles. Took my car in to have the oil change; but, was told that I had bolt missing from the Caliper. What was a $120 oil change went to a $1,100 estimate. I didn't understand how a Certified Vehicle would have a bolt missing from the Caliper and in the words of the technician "Faulty Workmanship". I paid to have the work done out of concern for mine and my family safety.

I decided to write to Nissan to see if I could be reimbursed for the work performed with the Caliper to be told by Consumer Affairs that they consider this type of work normal wear and tear. All the cars I've owned I have never had a car that was driven less than 7,000 miles within a year where a bolt was missing from the vehicle. I was very disappointed with the service and response I received from Nissan. It may be work having a mechanic inspect the vehicle. I expected more in regards to accountability from Nissan, but now I know. I will be trading the SUV this year.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Overall I liked my Nissan Rogue but, at a 125,000 miles the Bushings Control arm and Struts went out. It cost 4000 Dollars to get it replaced. The air bag light is on and horn don't work or cruise control. I guess it's due to a broken clock spring that goes out on the car. It is a cheap part but a 1000 dollars to fix in addition to the 4000 for the bushings control arm and struts. I guess Nissan only sells the bushing as one big part with the control arm and it's 2500 just for the part. The bushings are cheap and go out early and is a common problem with Nissan Rogue. The engine is great for the cvt engine. Everyone has problems with it does lag when going up hill but other than that the car drives well in the city.

I have had all the timely maintenance on the vehicle and disappointed these parts are going out as they should last for the lifetime of your vehicle or at least till 200000 or longer. I have owned several Nissans and this is the first time the vehicle is not worth the repairs. The handle fell off and the locks don't work. Had it repaired and it's doing it again. The sun visors broke and won't flip back up. Easy repair and not costly but annoying.

I thought Nissan made cars that last forever but not this time. The Rogue is a good car. Even got a second one. Until you get to about 100000 I'd expect it with Ford but not Nissan. Will not buy another one now I know how much it cost to replace these parts. The dealership offered 4000 for the vehicle and they don't know what's all wrong with it. I'd probably get nothing. Paid 25000 with four miles on it you would think it would last longer. Never even been in an accident and airbag light won't go off. You can't even touch a used Nissan rogue with the miles I have under 15,000.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Nissan dealer reviewed the peeling paint on the 2020 Rogue on the hood. The car is less than 2 years old with only 10,000 miles. Nissan dealer confirmed that the clear coat is peeling. I contacted Nissan about the issue. On 12/07/21 I received a call from Nissan consumer department to confirm that the issue is not covered by the manufacturer. NO MORE NISSAN AFTER 30 YEARS LOYAL CUSTOMER.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Everyone blames covid but why doesn't Nissan have the cooling fan assembly in stock. My car has been in the shop a month and have got nothing from Nissan except false promises. The dealer has not heard. I have been told it had an eta of a week ago, but No Part. I'm paying for a car that sits in the shop. I will never purchase another Nissan again.

Nissan Rogue Company Information