3.59/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Rogue

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Rogue Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have bought my 2016 Nissan Rogue SV and drive about over 79K and the car is shaking and stall at any time without any notice and I can't accelerate and losing power and I have sent to the dealership and they have changed my ECM, battery and positive terminal too and my car is still not working here. I have call corporate consumer affairs and can't help with anything either. I am paying for my car notes and can't drive my car. On top of that have to get rental car and taking metro to work too. Now I have to waste $100 to have it tow back to the dealership to see what is wrong with it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

At 14,433 miles, my transmission lost power going 80mph uphill in the fast lane rapidly slowing down to 45mph, even though I pressed the gas pedal to the floor, on a hill that I drive several times a week never having any power issues, I had to pull over 4 lanes at night risking getting hit and then it magically regained power. An hour later while turning off the freeway, it jumped into manual first gear. After reading the other reviews of this transmission, I can see the grief I am in for with Nissan, but the worst part is when your transmission fucks up in heavy traffic it's really dangerous. I would say, don't buy a Nissan with a CVT. I paid, $24,000 for a potential death trap.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I purchased a Nissan Rogue 2018 at Palm Springs Nissan on March 16 2019. Since the first day I took home I noticed the front bumper was coming out. I took to the dealership and service manager told the bumper has been solved. Two days later bumper came out again. I brought back again and the problem continues so I filed an grievance and at the end they determined that I had hitten the car that's why the bumper is coming out, I argue because is true I have never been in an accident or hitting anything so I asked them how much will be for fixing the bumper.

Nissan service manager told it will be $307 so I paid that amount or just wanted to have my car fixed. I waited for more than 3 hours and my car came out from Nissan service area worse than it was before. I found out later that a lot of Nissan Rogue buyer have the same issues with their cars. It is a manufacturer issue. They should tell the buyers about that issue so we will not buy those cars but just want to sell those cars knowing the problem.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Return 4 times to fix the air conditioner. First time said it was low on FREON. Ask if it leaked. Said could not find any leak. Work for a month or so 8 18 20 94 degrees and no cold air. Now what? STILL UNDER WARRANTY. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT WAS A LAUGH. R D

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I'm going on a aggressive campaign on every social media website how Nissan ripping customers off with these bad CVT transmission. I lost out on money and time at work. Also I writing states Rep. a letter. Be aware. Never purchase anything from Nissan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I had a Nissan Rogue for 3 years, not one problem. When my lease was up I upgraded to the Rogue SV. Worst mistake I have ever made. I had the car for 13 days when the auto-braking system engaged, without warning and for no reason. Also, the couplers in my rear axle went out - on a BRAND NEW CAR! The dealership just said, "It happens" (not on a new car!) and they said that the braking issue didn't happen because the computer didn't pick it up. They treated me horribly. 7 weeks after the car purchase, the auto-braking engaged again, for no reason. It just slammed on the brakes. Thank goodness I was in a parking garage going slowly and not on the freeway with someone going 70 mph behind me.

Asked my dealer if I could bring the car in again to have it looked at and they told me to go to another Nissan dealership. After researching, I am seeing that this is a huge issue in the Rogue, yet Nissan is doing nothing to fix the issue. What does it take for a car manufacturer to be held responsible for their issues? This is going to injure or kill people if it isn't fixed. Yet they continue to tout it as a great feature on their cars.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Bought a Nissan Rogue new in 2013. Love the Rogue but it started to peel in spots. My warranty is up but it is just 38,000 miles, new tires & told by 2 body men that it was a poor paint job. Who can I contact. To see what they can do. One car dealer excuse was it happens. I’m a widow. Paid over 27,000 & you think Mike Erdman might be classy enough to rectify the problem.

Original review: July 22, 2019

8 months with a broken windshield because Nissan had it on backorder nationwide, and now, on 06/11 I took the car to the dealer because of the radiator fan, they claimed no problem, 2 weeks later the radiator fan breaks, and now a minimum of 30 days WITHOUT THE CAR because the radiator fan kit is on BACKORDER NATIONWIDE. So out of 18 months I had the car, 9 months I have not been able to use it.. NISSAN IS THE WORST AUTOMAKER OUT THERE, PIECE OF **!!!!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I have owned a 2013 Nissan Rogue (in pearl white) for about a year now. Recently, I started noticing the paint chipping off in large chunks. The paint is chipping the worst on the hood but it is also chipping on both doors. I have read about other pearl white Rogue owners that have had the same issue. This is OBVIOUSLY a manufacturing issue on Nissan's end. Nothing can be done to prevent the chipping, my car looks pathetic. I voiced my concerns to the Consumer Affairs department and they told me since my car is out of warranty (the warranty is 36,000 miles, mine is at 46,000) that there is absolutely nothing they can do, which is ridiculous. How can Nissan get away with ripping me, and other Rogue owners, off?

Original review: June 17, 2019

Never busy the Nissan Rogue Sport SV. When I purchase the car it was great 30000 miles in mass airflow sensor goes out. Another 30,000 miles in mass airflow sensor goes out all fine and dandy covered underneath my extended warranty. Now that I'm out of my extended warranty 18,000 miles later since the last service here we are again replacing the mass air flow sensor. Problem is Nissan dealership will only cover the part for 10,000 miles then it's your responsibility. Doesn't matter how many times it goes out, they will not put out a recall for this part or on this vehicle.

I will never buy Nissan again. I will be selling my Nissan Rogue and going to an American made company. They were extremely rude at consumer affairs. They don't care about their customer's, they don't care that they're running through your pockets over and over again. As soon as the warranty is up the part goes out, you lose all power to your car and it leaves you in a very dangerous situation on the roadways. I was pulling out in traffic when this part went out for the 3rd time with zero warning beforehand and was almost hit by an oncoming car... DON'T BUY NISSAN. IT'S A CROCK.

Nissan Rogue Company Information