3.9/5 (258 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan Rogue

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Rogue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: May 7, 2022

I traded in a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport and purchased a brand new 2021 Nissan Rogue SL AWD on 4/16/2022 at Nissan Bowie. On May 2, 2022, the car stopped and wouldn't start. I called my sales representative, who wasn't in the office and suggested that I contact the service department. I contact the service department, who advised me to jump the car and bring it in for a diagnostic on the vehicle. I repeated what she said because I couldn't believe my ears. I asked her why would I need to jump a brand new car! So that I could resolve the issue, I got a jump, and the dashboard and headlight error messages came across the screen. I videotaped the occurrence because I couldn't believe it.

It was too late by the time I got the jump to drive the car to the shop, so I had to wait until the next day. That next day it still didn't start. I had my sister drive me to Nissan to speak to the sales manager. I was agitated because I had just purchased this car, and now it won't start. It took 30 minutes for someone to assist us, and it wasn't until I asked for the Manager's business card that we were seen. After speaking to Mr. Steven **, he said I shouldn't have jumped the car. He wrote the 800 number on my paperwork and told me that Nissan provides tow service for their customers and to call them when I'm ready to have the car picked up. He was disinterested in what I had to say because his focus was purchasing a new car for his son. At that point it was useless and we left.

I immediately called Nissan Corporation after leaving the car lot. He never offered me a loaner, no one offering to have it towed on my behalf, or even sit down to discuss my concerns. I thought there was a mechanical issue, not a battery issue (especially since this is a brand new car). My biggest concern was what if this happens again or if there is unforeseen problems down the road. I wanted them to exchange the car for another one to be on the safe side, they told me I could do that but it would cost be an additional 10K because the car depreciates when it leaves the lot. I couldn't believe it. Mr. ** was both rude and unprofessional.

I didn't get the other manager's name; however, when I purchased my car they were accommodating and nice but after I purchased the car they were nasty and rude. They even said to me that I should expect the battery to be weak if a car has been sitting on the lot for so long. I said if it's been sitting then why don't you run a diagnostics before you release the car to the customer. Nissan needs to train their employees on sensitivity, customer serivce and equity training. It would have been nice if they had offered me an extended warranty just in case something does go wrong. Especially when I addressed my concerns. NOPE NOTHING-still waiting to hear from Corporate. I won't say never but I know for now they have lost a customer and any referrals from me.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I purchased my car in March of 2021 and have driven it less than 7,000 miles. Took my car in to have the oil change; but, was told that I had bolt missing from the Caliper. What was a $120 oil change went to a $1,100 estimate. I didn't understand how a Certified Vehicle would have a bolt missing from the Caliper and in the words of the technician "Faulty Workmanship". I paid to have the work done out of concern for mine and my family safety.

I decided to write to Nissan to see if I could be reimbursed for the work performed with the Caliper to be told by Consumer Affairs that they consider this type of work normal wear and tear. All the cars I've owned I have never had a car that was driven less than 7,000 miles within a year where a bolt was missing from the vehicle. I was very disappointed with the service and response I received from Nissan. It may be work having a mechanic inspect the vehicle. I expected more in regards to accountability from Nissan, but now I know. I will be trading the SUV this year.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Overall I liked my Nissan Rogue but, at a 125,000 miles the Bushings Control arm and Struts went out. It cost 4000 Dollars to get it replaced. The air bag light is on and horn don't work or cruise control. I guess it's due to a broken clock spring that goes out on the car. It is a cheap part but a 1000 dollars to fix in addition to the 4000 for the bushings control arm and struts. I guess Nissan only sells the bushing as one big part with the control arm and it's 2500 just for the part. The bushings are cheap and go out early and is a common problem with Nissan Rogue. The engine is great for the cvt engine. Everyone has problems with it does lag when going up hill but other than that the car drives well in the city.

I have had all the timely maintenance on the vehicle and disappointed these parts are going out as they should last for the lifetime of your vehicle or at least till 200000 or longer. I have owned several Nissans and this is the first time the vehicle is not worth the repairs. The handle fell off and the locks don't work. Had it repaired and it's doing it again. The sun visors broke and won't flip back up. Easy repair and not costly but annoying.

I thought Nissan made cars that last forever but not this time. The Rogue is a good car. Even got a second one. Until you get to about 100000 I'd expect it with Ford but not Nissan. Will not buy another one now I know how much it cost to replace these parts. The dealership offered 4000 for the vehicle and they don't know what's all wrong with it. I'd probably get nothing. Paid 25000 with four miles on it you would think it would last longer. Never even been in an accident and airbag light won't go off. You can't even touch a used Nissan rogue with the miles I have under 15,000.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Nissan dealer reviewed the peeling paint on the 2020 Rogue on the hood. The car is less than 2 years old with only 10,000 miles. Nissan dealer confirmed that the clear coat is peeling. I contacted Nissan about the issue. On 12/07/21 I received a call from Nissan consumer department to confirm that the issue is not covered by the manufacturer. NO MORE NISSAN AFTER 30 YEARS LOYAL CUSTOMER.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Everyone blames covid but why doesn't Nissan have the cooling fan assembly in stock. My car has been in the shop a month and have got nothing from Nissan except false promises. The dealer has not heard. I have been told it had an eta of a week ago, but No Part. I'm paying for a car that sits in the shop. I will never purchase another Nissan again.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Dealer did all they could but Nissan Consumer Affairs was the worst I have encountered. 2020 Rogue totaled after accident because we could not get final engine harness part. Made mistake of buying a 2021 Rogue which left wife without power in traffic when CVT module failed due to water intrusion. Nissan should do a safety recall to avoid possible catastrophic failures such as ours in the future. Loaner Rogue failed us during rain storm. I was ignored when voicing my concerns to Nissan Consumer Affairs. We are very disappointed with our purchases but Nissan refused to buy back. Buyer beware.

Original review: June 14, 2021

So I bought my new Rogue Sport there in 2018, and it was my 3rd Rogue and 6th Nissan product overall. I had 3 Maximas, beginning in 1988, 1991, and 2001. But this car I purchased the extended warranty, Platinum version. So you spend about 5k for one of these and after financing, you end up paying $8k. ICYMI, the CVT is a **. Lotsa lawsuits filed. Worse, my car had 80,000 miles on it and the warranty ended at 75K. So I called Nissan & their CS people said "Hey, we might be able to get you some help from our Consumer Affairs people." And I thought hmmm, I could be that lucky. Well, I started looking online about this and sure enough Nissan's Consumer Affairs department has indeed stepped in to help clients in my case out, paying up to 70% of it.

But not for me. A dude named Wesley called me and said "well, your car is old and not in good shape, and we can't help you". And I told this representative "that's funny, I paid $32K for that car brand new, and when you were selling it to me you said it was AWESOME!" Funny way to treat a guy who has been loyal to the brand. Even when my friends were buying Toyotas, I was still shilling for them. FTR, I’m 100% disabled after major surgery to my neck in 2018. I guess Nissan thinks I’m not going to be able to afford their junk and wouldn’t buy again anyway, and they’re right.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought a 2016 Nissan Rogue and literally Nissan has a shifting problem and when you take it the dealership they act they do not know what you're talking about. Then the traction light keeps coming on while driving and once it comes it literally makes the car barely go speed!!!! My friend also had the same problem on his 2017 Nissan Altima!!! It’s so frustrating because this been a issue with Nissan cars for years and no one seems to have fix the problem! Good cars in begin but not good for a long term car at all! You will have problems!

Original review: March 5, 2021

I loved my 2015 Nissan Rogue when I bought it but that didn't last. It has and has had several problems. In the summertime there is an awful musty smell in the car and water accumulates under the driver seat. Dealer couldn't find the cause. Driver side window stopped working, dealer said it was a rusted out motor in the door. $500 to replace the motor and that did not fix the problem. Took it to a local garage and it was a pinched wire. Driver side airbag light is on meaning that in an accident the airbag will not deploy, at this point I am sick of paying for repairs. Side control panel on my drivers seat has completely snapped off and is sitting on the floor. Large piece of metal fell off my car from underneath, I don't even know what it goes to. This car is not rusted at all, metal just seems week and thin. I will NEVER buy a Nissan product again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The android auto head unit has choppy audio when playing music from my android phone when connected through USB. They know of the problem and want me to wait an undetermined amount of time for a software update. This problem started from the date I purchased the vehicle which was four months ago. They don't want to replace the unit with another not do they want to pay to have a third party head unit installed to fix the problem. They are willing to take the vehicle back but only as a used vehicle which isn't financially feasible for me. So if I want to fix this problem. I have to buy a third party stereo and pay to have it installed. At this point I don't think they are informing their current customers about this issue prior to purchase..

Nissan Rogue Company Information