Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
2.80/5
Based on 25 reviews that contain star ratings

Nissan Rogue

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

25 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I purchased my car new Nov 2016. My 2016 Rogue had 58,000 miles. Took it in for an oil change and ask about the clicking noise under my hood. They didn't even check it out so I'm thinking it was ok. Well after my next oil change they now say that I needed CVT joints which is going to cost me $1000. Earlier, I had problems with my transmission. My car when pressing the gas pedal wouldn't go into gear. Now my driver seat is loose. What's wrong with these vehicles. Are there in class lawsuits out here?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I own a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The original transmission was replaced at 42K miles under warranty. 3 years and 65K miles later, my transmission needs to be replaced again! Nissan would not help me out, as my warranty expired 2 months ago. I can't understand why the transmission wears so quickly on this vehicle. I don't want to spend $4000 to put a third transmission in the vehicle. It's not worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased a used 2012 Nissan Rogue in good faith. It was as is, so there was no warranty. However, the car appeared to be in good shape. However, there is a very common problem with these cars involving the CVT transmission where they fail. In spite of this being a very common problem, there has been no recall, no reprogramming, no nothing and the very expensive repair falls to the unknowing owner. I do not have an additional $4-5k to pay for this fix. And I am currently still in the middle of the loan for this car, so I cannot sell it. So I am left paying for a car that does not work, without means to do anything about it. This is unacceptable. Nissan disowns the problem, but it is a common problem. How does that work?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I bought a Nissan Rogue 2013, the moment the vehicle reached 100,000 kms the transmission started giving problems. I l lost power while accelerating on a highway, giving engine light on and since then they recommended me to put up an additional cooler to fix the problem which is $2000 and was told that it might solve the problem which is not a guarantee, however CVT transmission is always been a problem after I found out and did a research especially on 2013 Nissan Rogue.

I had gone for an extended warranty and they informed that after 100,000 kms the warranty becomes void. But I feel Nissan Dealer and Nissan knew that there will be a problem and hence up to 100,000 kms they are safe but after that it is the problem of the customer to fix the problem. I paid that warranty too and even paying now for it until I finish my loan of the vehicle. I feel that it was a cheating as all transmission are having warranty up to 100,000 kms and the vehicle itself needed a recall.

Secondly I am concern of addressing the issue of safety if the transmission is given up on road which can be a cause of major fatality on the road while driving. This is more an information and there are various cases and case laws being filed against Nissan and its Safety of Transmission. Please make a good review of Nissan transmission especially CVT Transmission.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Rogue in October, 2016 brand new and the driver seat frame has broken 3 times. It has been repaired, however, I reached out to Nissan because obviously this is an issue. How does a seat break 3 times in less than two years. I wanted the car replaced because when the warranty runs out and this happens again, I will have to pay to have the seat repaired. They refused to take the car back and I went back to them to have someone explain to me how they don't think that this is an issue, of course, no response. This company is the worst!!! If I had to do this over I would not have purchased a Nissan if I knew that they are not customer focused. They don't care at all, about the customer. I would hope that no one else would purchase a Nissan ever, but I know that would not be the case as there will always be someone that didn't have an unpleasant experience with this people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Coming from a Loyal Nissan customer FOR ELEVEN PLUS YEARS, I am disgusted at their lack of care and concern for issues that my recent lease CAME WITH. I just signed this lease, trading in my old one at the end of May. I will NEVER go with Nissan again after my recent experiences with the Patchogue, NY Dealership and Consumer Affairs absolute lack of care and effort to mend anything. Problems at the dealership level have left me going to Consumer Affairs which were of no further help at all. They act as if all of this is out of their hands and there is nothing to do to reassure their efforts at trying to make me satisfied.

They cannot get one person on the phone to speak with me. I have had issues regarding my new 2018 lease 3 months in, leaving it in the shop to be repaired with NO ETA of time it will be done (because items are back-ordered) and ready for me to drive again. Though they did mention maybe sometime in October... Awesome because I dropped off my car on 8/27. I also only get this info through voicemails because every time I try to call back it goes to voicemail and I won't receive another call until they have their "scheduled time" to call me back. Horrible customer service and quality of care.

My new lease has a safety brake issue where the auto safety break will go off when no one is around, breaking my car while going 40+ mph. Apparently this is a VERY COMMON issue (talk about safety) with ALL Nissan models starting with the VIN "K". So I'd check your VIN because I am sure if you don't say anything about it, they won't either. I have also had the issue of my back up camera lagging and freezing as backing up since the beginning. There was no point to even use it because it was inaccurate and dangerous to do so. My radio has also just decided to black out one day for a good 10 minutes. Couldn't do anything about it. This is my THIRD time back to the dealership where they finally kept the car to fix it fully, even after showing them video evidence of my experiences the second time I went back.

Patchogue has provided me a loaner of not even the same model or year of my current Rogue lease. Which is fine and I normally wouldn't care, BUT at this point, still paying for a new lease yet driving around an older vehicle for over a month has me fuming. I have been polite and patient up until now. The back and forth phone calls that go nowhere are leaving me stressed and in disbelief with this company. I am in shock and SO dissatisfied with all this "new" 2018 Nissan Rogue and Nissan Customer Service has come with. This is my fourth Nissan, third lease. I have NEVER had an experience like this. I am beyond shocked and pissed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

My new 2018 Nissan Rogue turned off unexpectedly on top of the railroad tracks at a busy train intersection. Despite the extreme anxiety I felt, I tried to remain calm, restarted the car, and drove to the dealership. They apologized for the incident and offered a free oil change at 20,000 miles. This is simply inexcusable. I want an exchange for a safer vehicle and I will continue to complain to Nissan, the BBB, and any and all social media platforms until reparations are made.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I sent to BBB concerning a complaint and issue I have been having with a brand new 2017 Rogue I purchased in October 2017. The car has been the shop 8 times for various issues from a warped grill, exhaust system, idle twist and adjustment, brakes on three separate occasions, seat sensor reset, rash sensor reset, front end alignment, rotors turned, wheels rotated and this list goes on. I have contacted Nissan Morot credit and their only offer was $1500, or an extended warranty and continued repairs.

I reviewed some information pertaining to my 2017 Nissan Rogue. I have another concern that need to be addressed as well. Upon talking to the Salesman with Tom Peacock Nissan I was told the value of my car was decreased at $15,000. The original price was suppose to be 23,000. I questioned this with the finance department. It was stated the increase was due to tax, title and license being added. Considering the fact I was convinced to put more money down to take the balance down to $19,000 which was the price of the original vehicle I went to purchase in the beginning. This really became a concern when I went to the dealership concerning the vehicle after having multiple mechanical problems and defects with the vehicle.

I tried to come to a suitable agreement to try and get into another vehicle. This is when I was told the value of the 2017 Nissan Rogue I purchased “priced” at $29000 is valued at market value of $15000. So within 5 months it loss $15000 value? I decided to do some research and read reviews on not only the same vehicle but the dealership as well. It wasn’t surprising. Customers went to the dealership to purchase an advertised automobile but convinced to purchase a better deal on a new car. Some around the same time after the hurricane. Vehicles were overpriced and others went through the similar situation as I encountered.

I ended up paying down more on the car than agreed to close the deal. I was given the runaround so many times. The vehicle I wanted was not good. My second option I picked was sold after sitting there 3 ½ hours. I was then passed to the third salesman. I became aggravated with this ping pong episode and was passed on to a different salesman. I was promised the red 2017 Nissan Rogue SE loaded with sunroof and equipped with various amenities. Another hour passed and the sales manager comes in and says sorry but they made a mistake. The other car is sold. The salesman and the sales manager went back and forth arguing about the car. They walk away to come back and say oh we made a mistake. The red car we have is a SE and it cost more. We had the wrong car. Can you put more money down maybe $3000? I dropped in the seat. Are you serious? After all this time. I was literally in tears.

Let us check something else out. "Don’t worry Ms. ** we have the perfect vehicle for you. It’s not what you wanted actually new and cost less." They come back again. "We have the perfect car for you. The deal is approved but can you come back tomorrow? The banks are closed. We’re going to help you out and let you take the car and complete the paperwork tomorrow." I said, "I want to see the car." This is when the current car I have was presented to me. I did not feel good about the car because I had been promised so many things in one night. That should have been the red flags to make me not walk away but run. I ended up putting more money down. They knew I was in a bad situation from the beginning. I lost two cars in the flood and the date was about to expire to turn in the rental car the insurance company was paying for. I was in dire need of a car and really at the end of my rope. I was railroaded.

I returned to the dealership the first time and asked the salesman Jonathan, that originally sold me the car if Nissan had a return vehicle policy? His reply was, "No. Once you purchase a car there’s no returning it back. Who does that?” Followed by a chuckle. I walked away. On a different visit I asked to speak with the sales guy and finance department. The salesman was no longer with the dealership and the entire finance department had changed. The finance guy that completed my contract is no longer with Tom Peacock as well. This entire ordeal has been one big nightmare after the next. After several attempts and several calls among messages left to the General Sales Manager Mr. ** never replied.

This automobile has been one heartbreak after another. I do not want this car neither to deal with this dealership any further. After this experience and reading reviews, complaints and treatment received I do not want to conclude business with them nor Nissan. Bad business practices, defective vehicle and deceptive misleading advertisement from the start. I’m an emotional wreck. Please help assist me with getting this resolved. Thank you very much. This is the reason for my report and complaint. Bad service, Unresolved issues of a new purchased Lemon.

Original review: June 29, 2018

If I could give Nissan zero stars, I WOULD! I got my 2013 Nissan Rouge with only 800 miles off the lot so basically brand new. 3 1/2 years later my car will not go over 10 mph. I called Consumer Affairs and they told me to take it to the dealership to get a diagnostic. My results were I need a valve body (that's within the transmission) and they want to install a cooler kit. So I question why they need to install a cooler kit and it's to prevent the transmission from overheating. So the real question is, shouldn't that already be installed in the car to avoid the valve body from overheating in the first place???

Nope, they want me to pay $2500 for it. Nissan needs to own up to this issue and do a recall before someone really gets hurt. With that being said Im really upset about this because I still owe money on the car and Nissan is not willing to help me get this resolve. I'm putting together a petition on Instagram and would like you for YOU ALL TO JOIN THE PAGE SO WE CAN PROVE A POINT. It's not fair to be treated like this by a money hungry corporation. Follow me at @NissanCVTPetition on Instagram and share your story! I want our voices to be heard. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!

Original review: June 21, 2018

My previous car was a Subaru and did awesome. So I was looking for something comparable. The sales staff took their time understanding my needs and didn't try to put into something that didn't work for me. Also, I needed a vehicle that was nice enough to drive people around in but yet sturdy enough to go in the woods. During my spare time I like to ride the jeep trails in the forest. My 2012 Nissan Rogue is awd vehicle so it was perfect. And it had good tires, too. I wish it had a back up camera. One of my children has that and I think it would be very useful for me. Also, the other thing I would like is a blue tooth capabilities.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I purchased a 2018 Rogue in April. Payment due July 3, 2018. I mailed payment in plenty of time and payment taken out of my bank on 5/29/18 (5 days EARLY!!). On June 15, 2018, I received a voicemail from Nissan that my account was past due. Was told that dealership sent in some paperwork causing a new account to be opened and I was NEVER notified of new account # so sent payment with original account # on my check. So instead of applying it to the new account number they just put it under the original account number and forgot about it and then left me a voicemail about late payment. If they can't get the first payment right what does the future hold?? I have no issues with dealership!! I will be refinancing with a company who does things the correct way. When I purchased my car I referred a couple of people to Nissan. NEVER AGAIN!! DO NOT MESS WITH MY MONEY OR MY CREDIT!! BEWARE PUBLIC!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

It's a great road trip car. It gives me the room that I need and is comfortable for my passengers. I can haul a lot of things in it, including an armchair that I purchased at an estate sale. I like the looks of the car, it's sporty and sharp. And comfortable to drive too. It was affordable and it gets great gas mileage. I love the moonroof and the stereo system. But I would make it dog-friendly. Like with a pull out ramp for older dogs to get in and out of easier. And easy to clean custom seat covers too. My previous Rogue had controls for my garage door on the rearview mirror. I'm not sure why they got rid of that. It also automatically dimmed.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was looking for an SUV that had a feel of luxury (leather interior, sunroof, nice look, well equipped, high ratings by orgs like Consumer Reports) and the Nissan Rogue fit the bill best when we compared it with the Rav 4, the Forester and a few others. We were looking in Nov 2016 and the one we bought was a 2016. As the 2017s were out, they offered us $5,000 off of the 2016 and 0% financing. We love the vehicle backup camera! The sound system is great and the GPS works well for us. It has a great warning beep & light when another auto is in my blind spot, which I find helpful. It's a great safety feature. It had the look and feel of luxury, with great features and options, without a luxury price.

There were few color choices though. I'd like to see a wider variety. Ours is like an Army green. Not the MOST attractive, but I like greens, so it's fine. We have been extremely pleased. We actually compared it to an Infinity SUV (QX50?). The main thing lacking in the Rogue to make it closer to the Infinity was a wood package for the interior. I like the warmth and luxury look of wood. I was looking to stretch my budget as far as the luxury model at that time, considering the similarities.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my Nissan Rogue. I have to travel long distances at times, and it's nice to not have to worry about stopping to fill up the tank every 100 miles. It is safe, and has been extremely reliable. I love that I was able to get it in Black, the interior is easy to clean, and the fold down back seat makes it easy to load and unload anything I might be bringing. The Rogue is a smaller SUV, that doesn't guzzle gas. Mine is just a standard AWD, because I don't need more than that. I love the smooth ride, and it handles well in the mountainous area where I reside.

I am overall extremely happy with the model I chose. I wish I did have a few more features. I got what I paid for, it was simplistic and not overbearing with every little gadget I didn't need. However, in winter it would have been nice for seat warmers or automatic startup and sometimes I miss having cruise control. My Rogue does not have it installed. Other than that, I have no issues. And would recommend to anyone.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The Nissan Rogue has features I like such as a navigation system, smart key and the key does not have to be put in the ignition to start the vehicle. My experience has been positive as the car has not cost me a lot of money in repairs and has not broken down. It is a reliable vehicle. In the time I've owned it (6 years), I have had one repair above typical maintenance. I like that it has a sunroof, as well as a large glove compartment to fit needed items. I like the way it drives too. Prior to owning the Rogue, I owned an Altima. The feel of the drive between the two is very much the same. The vehicle could have been improved by adding an automatic start. I did this after purchasing the vehicle. It has very little storage space too. It's not something to fix within the model but instead a consumer choice to buy the larger Murano.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The 2012 Nissan Rogue has heated seats, drivers seat raises and goes forward, Bluetooth for hand free phone calls. AWD never get stuck in the snow!! Back camera, satellite radio.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Nissan Rogue: A bit pricy but great vehicle, lots of safety features. Great sound system and electronics. The interior is great and comfortable. Still comes with a CD changer (not the CRV).

Original review: May 6, 2018

AWD goes well in snow and car value is good but Nissan sure has problems with the Rogue. Bad transmissions and terrible gas mileage. The car tranny is junk leaving people stranded and in danger.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love the Nissan Rogue. It was the dealership that I have a problem with. They falsified an electronic application. It had several false statements to qualify me for a vehicle that I could not afford.

Original review: May 1, 2018

The Nissan Rogue gets good gas mileage. Rides and drives well. It is comfortable on a trip and attractive vehicle. Lots of safety features make me feel more secure.

Original review: April 27, 2018

This is the first time I've owned a foreign car. For the most part, I've been satisfied. The Rogue mileage is good and the all wheel drive is awesome since I live in the snow belt. My only complaint is that some repairs are more complicated and expensive than with domestic cars.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I purchased a lemon Nissan Rogue and is paying double for what it is worth. It is a 2012 with a lot of mechanical problems. It has been in a previous wreck and airbag inoperable. Salesman never told me this information.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Pleased overall with the Nissan Rogue. Great car for central NY weather. But the navigation system is a bit overpriced for updates. About $150 each time so I have not update the system. I usually check online before going to a new place. Also tires did start wearing out early. Replaced at 28,000 miles. Now these are 18 inch tires so about 200 each tire.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Two months after my new Nissan Rogue purchase, front bumper paint started bubbling, and continued to get worse over time. My attempts to have it repaired have, thus far, been unsuccessful with the dealer. Very unhappy about this and the quality of the paint.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I have only had 2 cars in the last 17 years, both Nissan's. Nissan is great, good durability and low maintenance until it hits 150,000 miles, then everything goes at once. Performance is good too, until that time. Hard to do maintenance yourself. I would not drive anything else, just traded my Murano that I've had since 2008 for a 2016 Rogue. Service is expensive at the dealer. Downside is under hood items are not easy to get to in order to do it yourself, battery is not readily accessible and headlights almost impossible to change.

Nissan Rogue Company Information