2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Nissan Rogue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We had air conditioning problems with are first Rogue. The company headquarters replaced our car and we have had no problems since. Nissan stands behind their product. Like no other. It has been a great vehicle for us. Look forward to the purchase of the same, when needed. Holds great to the road, nice riding, comfortable seating. And Great gas mileage. Love this vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Looked up the recalls on my car. They are extensive. I think it is crazy. If you do not keep up with these things you could die in the car when they fail. Wish we could go back to labels that are made in USA. Everyone should know China is trying to kill our animal with bad dog food. Homeowners with faulty moldy wall products, forgot the other one but I am sure the list is extensive. They are going to be the next #1 world power as we can't seem to get it together and have lost our exc. work ethic and morals. Beware and prepare. We will lose the world currency as we are in Debt up to the top of our heads and can't stop attacking nations and turning the world into a dead zone for millions of people.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The 1st. non-US auto I have ever owned. Just a great auto for a old 85 yr. old guy and his bride. We both just love this car handles great, fuel mileage is great, and the safety items are just great also. Oh and it has a c-d player! At this time in my family are 2 Rogues and 2 of the bigger Nissan S.U.V.'s. All have been very well enjoyable.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Overall my experience with the vehicle, the local servicing dealership, and the company have been above satisfactory. The vehicle performs well for the value of price and performance. There's a few minor deficiencies but nothing show-stopping. The dealership has been great with appointments, honoring coupons, negotiating price, and getting service complete and right the first time. The company came through with reimbursing me for two intelligent key fobs that suddenly stopped working soon after the warranty period. This was very important especially in consideration of being a repeat customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I am pleased overall with my 2017 Rogue. The car is spacious, well equipped and wonderful on gas mileage. This is my first SUV, and because of safety features, my insurance premiums were reduced. My only challenge? My previous car had great pick up and a quiet ride. My Rogue does not have great pick up, you can hear external noises, and there's no internal trunk lock. Even so, I'm a SUV driver convert.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue SL, with all the safety features you could ask for in this line of crossovers. The car has a panoramic roof and is an AWD vehicle. I originally bought this car in July 2017 with 32,100 miles and decided to trust the brand (to which I was new). At the time of purchase at Nissan of Manchester Connecticut I opted to buy all the recommended warranties they provided (Gold extended warranty) and finance through Nissan itself. Mid 2019 I started noticing a musty smell after it rained and a few times we noticed the headliner was wet. As we kept using the car we noticed the car was accumulating water under the driver and passenger seats and there was water dripping down the front columns.

We took the car to the dealership (now living in Houston Texas) and we had to pay over $350 to have the sunroof drainage unclogged. In November the car locks started acting up (locking and unlocking themselves while the right blinker light was activated, while the rear hatch was activated or the hazard lights came on). Again, I took it to the dealership and they charged me $340 to remove the aftermarket hitch I had installed to move my family across the country. Now at the beginning of 2020 the car's locks started acting up again every time it rained (there is a clue there). I took the car again to the same dealership and under my awesome extended warranty they recalibrated the BCM (body control module), a second time it was replaced and multiple other times the new one was recalibrated. On my last visit to the dealership I was charged $540 for diagnosing water damage to the car.

I have been at the dealership at least 5 times for the same problem (they credit the problem to water damage and told me my only option was to make a claim through my insurance), I have contacted Nissan consumer affairs (I was told the dealership declared it was the owner's responsibility) and no help from the brand themselves. Long story short, I have paid enough money to service the car, fix the problem and expects good service to a loyal customer who bought the car from a Nissan dealership, bought all the extended warranties, services the car at the local dealership and is willing to keep the car if they treat my families car right.

I would advice against the model with the panoramic sunroof because historically these cars have a problem with the drainage system and water will ultimately run into the interior and damage the electrical system. Of course it will be the owner's fault for not paying $350 worth of preventive unclogging every 6 months as recommended by the service manager at Central Nissan of Houston, Tx.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I bought 2014 Rogue SL in 2016 November- Vehicle had no issues for one year, after that roof started leaking every time when it rained or whenever I did car wash. I took to fix the issue, many times dealer tried to fix it and it worked for couple of months. Issue was not fixed permanently. Now, leak is so worst that roof does not hold single drop of rain. Dealer said they cannot fix it and it takes at least $2200 just for the parts and suggested me to call consumer affairs in Nissan. Vehicle has less than 50K miles and Nissan does not want to fix the car issue because as per them it does not cover the warranty of the car. Upon doing in-depth research, I found sites with more than 200 customers facing the same issue with Rogue no matter what the manufacturing year is.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Being an essential worker working for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey I have been required to come to work each day. This past week my department finally adjusted our schedule to work two weeks on and two weeks off. I own a 2015 Nissan Rogue. The Nissan’s Drivers side Hub Bearing completely broke on April 6th where my vehicle was no longer drivable. My five year 60,000 mile warranty ended February 14th. As of April 6th I had 68,004 miles on the vehicle when brought in to DCH Freehold Nissan. Service Manager Sam.

The vehicle has been making noise since the pandemic started (during the time the vehicle was under warranty and under the mileage). I unfortunately, couldn’t and didn’t want to out of concern for my family, bring my vehicle to the dealership due to needing my vehicle to get back and forth to work as an essential worker. I also brushed it off thinking the light grinding noise was coming from the rust build up on the rotors due to new brakes being installed recently. I have my receipts for brake service. I explained my situation to Sam the service Manager at DCH Freehold Nissan and they instructed me to contact Nissan Corporate which I did. I spoke with Lauren, Regional Specialist, they would not give me her last name due to privacy reasons. Lauren denied my claim. Phone #**. With all major corporations making exceptions (banks, landlords, townships) I was sure Nissan Corporation would do the same for me.

I would also like to state that according to the National Highway administration there is a recall on years 2014-2015 Nissan Rogues for this exact issue. It states 2014-2015 Nissan Rogue vehicles manufactured August 12, 2014, to November 15, 2014, during the assembly process, the front wheel hub assembly fasteners may not have been properly torqued. I am being told that my vehicle VIN does not apply. I’ve owned numerous vehicles in my life and had never had an issue with a hub bearing even past ten years and 100,000 miles. This vehicle should be part of the recall process and covered at only five years old with 68,000 miles.

At this time also the passenger's side is also compromised as stated by DCH Freehold Nissan. If this is not part of the recall, it definitely should be. Truth be told Nissan Motor Corp should cover the repairs for both reasons that I stated. If you or somebody else could help me out in any way, please do so. I had no choice but pay $773.38 for the one side, not having enough money to repair the other. Thank you.

Original review: March 8, 2020

The transmission has been slipping from the beginning. My 2019 Rogue revs high, but lacks acceleration. Very unsafe in city traffic. Nissan knows about the problem but is waiting for the transmission to die rather than repair my car. In the meantime, I'm stuck driving an unreliable car since I have to factor "being stranded" into my trips. I'm currently under warranty, but others with Rogues who have had the same problem had their transmissions die at around 40K. My car is a lease so they are gambling that the transmission will die when the car is no longer under warranty. I'm driving a car that is unsafe for me and/or anyone else near me on the road.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I was excited to make another Nissan purchase, I've been a faithful Nissan customer for 10+ years and only purchased from my local dealer. Their customer service is exemplary and is not represented in this review, this review is solely for the 2020 Rouge. I purchased a 2020 Rouge in December 2019 as a gift to myself and to insure my safety for my work commute. Shortly after having my new car the ABS light started flashing, I took it in (the light was off by then) and was assured that it was just a warning light and everything was okay. Then it happened again and I was able to take video.

I had the car serviced again but because the light was no longer on the service department could not run a diagnostic. The sensor light was explained to me and I was again assured that unless the light came on consistently and a warning light about the ABS came on with it not to worry. Guess what happened while driving at night, in high traffic during a heavy rain storm....yep, the light came on consistently (not flashing) and the car beeped with a warning in the middle of the dash about my ABS, I was able to get a video of the consistent light. I cried and gripped the steering wheel as hard as I could the entire way home.

It feels like my brand new car that was supposed to an exciting purchase has been an absolute nightmare (I bought this car on Friday the 13th...I'm not usually superstition but this car might be cursed) and may actually kill me. My dealership is amazing and helping as much as they can....but Nissan needs to make this right. I do not and will trust this car, and at this point am reconsidering purchasing another Nissan.

Nissan Rogue Company Information