2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.37/5

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Rogue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We had air conditioning problems with are first Rogue. The company headquarters replaced our car and we have had no problems since. Nissan stands behind their product. Like no other. It has been a great vehicle for us. Look forward to the purchase of the same, when needed. Holds great to the road, nice riding, comfortable seating. And Great gas mileage. Love this vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Looked up the recalls on my car. They are extensive. I think it is crazy. If you do not keep up with these things you could die in the car when they fail. Wish we could go back to labels that are made in USA. Everyone should know China is trying to kill our animal with bad dog food. Homeowners with faulty moldy wall products, forgot the other one but I am sure the list is extensive. They are going to be the next #1 world power as we can't seem to get it together and have lost our exc. work ethic and morals. Beware and prepare. We will lose the world currency as we are in Debt up to the top of our heads and can't stop attacking nations and turning the world into a dead zone for millions of people.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The 1st. non-US auto I have ever owned. Just a great auto for a old 85 yr. old guy and his bride. We both just love this car handles great, fuel mileage is great, and the safety items are just great also. Oh and it has a c-d player! At this time in my family are 2 Rogues and 2 of the bigger Nissan S.U.V.'s. All have been very well enjoyable.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Overall my experience with the vehicle, the local servicing dealership, and the company have been above satisfactory. The vehicle performs well for the value of price and performance. There's a few minor deficiencies but nothing show-stopping. The dealership has been great with appointments, honoring coupons, negotiating price, and getting service complete and right the first time. The company came through with reimbursing me for two intelligent key fobs that suddenly stopped working soon after the warranty period. This was very important especially in consideration of being a repeat customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I am pleased overall with my 2017 Rogue. The car is spacious, well equipped and wonderful on gas mileage. This is my first SUV, and because of safety features, my insurance premiums were reduced. My only challenge? My previous car had great pick up and a quiet ride. My Rogue does not have great pick up, you can hear external noises, and there's no internal trunk lock. Even so, I'm a SUV driver convert.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

2012 Nissan Rogue is a very poorly made vehicle. Purchased new from dealer. The paint can be rubbed off with a towel in attempt to remove bird poop. The paint faded and peeled within first 4 years. Car had to be serviced several times. The airbag light flashes and the passenger airbag will not deploy in a crash with an adult in the passenger seat. This is a huge safety issue that Nissan will not repair. Nissan USA customer service is worthless. Do not buy a Nissan product. It will kill your loved one in the passenger seat if you crash.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

After much research, we purchased a new 2019 Nissan Rogue SV. We were very happy with our purchase until about 7,500 miles, still within a year of purchase, when we began to hear a noise upon acceleration. We took it back to the dealership and 3 months later it is still there. The service technicians and Nissan engineers have torn it completely apart. Now they have declared it a lemon and we are working with Nissan for a buyback of our vehicle! This was the first Nissan for us and will definitely be our last. Do not buy a 2019 Nissan Rogue!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I have a red 2013 Nissan Rogue with 78,000 miles and the clear coat paint is peeling on it...contacted Nissan Cust Service and was told although it was obviously defective. Nothing they will do for me even if they lose me as a future customer.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue SL, with all the safety features you could ask for in this line of crossovers. The car has a panoramic roof and is an AWD vehicle. I originally bought this car in July 2017 with 32,100 miles and decided to trust the brand (to which I was new). At the time of purchase at Nissan of Manchester Connecticut I opted to buy all the recommended warranties they provided (Gold extended warranty) and finance through Nissan itself. Mid 2019 I started noticing a musty smell after it rained and a few times we noticed the headliner was wet. As we kept using the car we noticed the car was accumulating water under the driver and passenger seats and there was water dripping down the front columns.

We took the car to the dealership (now living in Houston Texas) and we had to pay over $350 to have the sunroof drainage unclogged. In November the car locks started acting up (locking and unlocking themselves while the right blinker light was activated, while the rear hatch was activated or the hazard lights came on). Again, I took it to the dealership and they charged me $340 to remove the aftermarket hitch I had installed to move my family across the country. Now at the beginning of 2020 the car's locks started acting up again every time it rained (there is a clue there). I took the car again to the same dealership and under my awesome extended warranty they recalibrated the BCM (body control module), a second time it was replaced and multiple other times the new one was recalibrated. On my last visit to the dealership I was charged $540 for diagnosing water damage to the car.

I have been at the dealership at least 5 times for the same problem (they credit the problem to water damage and told me my only option was to make a claim through my insurance), I have contacted Nissan consumer affairs (I was told the dealership declared it was the owner's responsibility) and no help from the brand themselves. Long story short, I have paid enough money to service the car, fix the problem and expects good service to a loyal customer who bought the car from a Nissan dealership, bought all the extended warranties, services the car at the local dealership and is willing to keep the car if they treat my families car right.

I would advice against the model with the panoramic sunroof because historically these cars have a problem with the drainage system and water will ultimately run into the interior and damage the electrical system. Of course it will be the owner's fault for not paying $350 worth of preventive unclogging every 6 months as recommended by the service manager at Central Nissan of Houston, Tx.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I bought 2014 Rogue SL in 2016 November- Vehicle had no issues for one year, after that roof started leaking every time when it rained or whenever I did car wash. I took to fix the issue, many times dealer tried to fix it and it worked for couple of months. Issue was not fixed permanently. Now, leak is so worst that roof does not hold single drop of rain. Dealer said they cannot fix it and it takes at least $2200 just for the parts and suggested me to call consumer affairs in Nissan. Vehicle has less than 50K miles and Nissan does not want to fix the car issue because as per them it does not cover the warranty of the car. Upon doing in-depth research, I found sites with more than 200 customers facing the same issue with Rogue no matter what the manufacturing year is.

Nissan Rogue Company Information