3.60/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Rogue

The Nissan Rogue is a compact SUV that was first introduced in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Nissan Rogue Reviews

Original review: May 24, 2019

Three weeks ago we bought a 2019 Nissan Rogue Special Edition that had approximately 1000 miles. As I was driving it home, after paying $24,500, it started to lose power and felt like the emergency brake had been pulled. A few days later it happened again. I took it back to the dealer where I was told there was nothing wrong and it was my fault because I must’ve put my left foot on the brake! Today as I pulled out on a busy highway, it totally lost power and I had to pull over. I can’t get anywhere with the dealer so I filed a complaint with the corporate office. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned.

Original review: April 25, 2019

What an absolute horrible company Nissan is. After my family has owned MANY of their vehicles-our loyalty has been thrown by the roadside just like their care for our lives. Buyer Beware. Their cars are SAFETY HAZARDS. My husband has almost died TWICE as their KNOWN issue with Nissan Rogues has caused his car to lose power and he barely escaped two rear end accidents (one on busy US-27 and one on I4 west bound at 5:30pm on a Friday). After almost two months of them having our car, horrible miscommunication, and misdiagnoses. They are okay with offering one month of payments for his life!! Can you believe this? And we aren’t the first! A man died in Orlando when his Rogue lost power and he was hit by a passerby. Wow Nissan. Way to lose loyal customers for what could have easily been resolved by your customer service team.

Original review: April 4, 2019

When a consumer has any type of warranty issue or safety issue serviced by their local Nissan dealer, is Nissan North America required to report the issue to NHTSA.gov? I doubt it. If that issue is not safety related it flies right under the radar! I'm confident Nissan North America knows exactly how many navigation systems just like mine they have replaced under warranty. I would love to know that number. Because if I had seen that amount of replacements while I was still doing new car reasearch in Jan 2019, I would not have purchased this brand new Rogue SL with Platinum interior & Premium Bose sound package! Already my brand new Rogue is experiencing several serious issues. One sudden braking incident. Some sort of in the CVT transmission.

Most of all, the navigation/audio system screen with NissanConnect Service just goes black. It intermittently and for no apparent reason reboots by itself on and off constantly after the Rogue has been started. Sometimes it is not just a reboot. It factory resets itself as well. It can happen as many as 25 times in a 10 mile drive. Several of those 25 reboots my radio will turn itself back on at an extremely loud volume, startling me while I'm driving. That is a huge safety issue. The back-up camera still works most of the time, but not all the time. I'm currently waiting a full 19 days while this replacement part is on backorder from Nissan. And I'm driving the Rogue with the startling, blaring audio in this condition throughout the entire wait.

Nissan North Am won't approve a loaner thru my dealer because my car is still "drivable". Drivability and safety to Nissan are two different things. How many more of these Rogues with this problem are you knowingly planning to sell to unwitting consumers, Nissan? Most consumers do not know to report this to NHTSA.gov for themselves, so it is going unreported. Nissan certainly isn't reporting the issue! Where is the service bulletin? Why isn't Nissan admitting, "Yes, We know there is a problem."? What is the solution? There isn't one. You know why? Nissan knows people don't want a car if it has something wrong with it. That's one reason. Another reason is that the Motor Vehicle Defects Law does not ONLY apply to recalls and safety defects.

Nissan solves that problem by not admitting there is a defect. This is not the fault of local dealerships who are selling the new Rogues. They have no way of knowing how many Rogue navigation systems Nissan is replacing all over the US. They are just as much at the mercy of the corporate giant as we are, and in certain situations their hands are tied. We still have options other than dealing with Nissan. There is: file a formal complaint to NHTSB.Gov, Lemon Laws, state and local consumer agencies, your state's Attorney General, hired motor vehicle defect lawyer, and the BBB.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I bought my Nissan Rogue brand new September 26, 2018. By, October my car seats started to change and looked dirty. I thought this would be covered under my warranty so I held off until my first oil change. When I came in to ask about my seats, they said it was not covered because there is nothing wrong with the seat. It is only customer preference. I contacted Nissan complaint and filed a complaint. I went in to have it diagnosed and then I was informed by service that it was dye transfer so he pulled up a site with Youtube videos to show me this is what was happening. I said, "This should not be happening right now." Then he told me this is typical with light colored leather seats.

I informed him that this was my first time buying a car with leather seats and I was not informed this would happened during the time of purchase, if I did I would have took precaution against it or would not have purchased the car. I filed a complaint with BBB and then Nissan offered to try to clean it. Then I was told it is not going to come out because light leather surfaces are prosperous and the dye is in the fabric. I am not sure what to do at this point, Should I just deal with this after spending so much for my car? I just followed up with BBB again. Any advice would be appreciated.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have owned/leased Nissans for over 25 years. The last three were Rogues. Other than routine service, they have not had to be taken in for repairs. When they do go in, the service is efficient and professional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Rogue?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

2018 Transmission not working - I purchased a Nissan Rogue at the end of May 2018. My transmission is gone already. My car has 9,000 miles on it. How does a transmission go on a brand new car? I am very disappointed with my car and the service they provided. Hillside NJ Nissan is the worst. Even the GM was disrespectful and not very helpful. They did not want to give me a loaner car either. This car has given me plenty of problems. The gas gauge wasn't working either. I will never ever buy another Nissan.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I bought my new Nissan Rogue 2018 everything was fine. Now it has been 3 months since I bought my car, one day out of the blue my FM/AM is not working, I tried everything and customize my audio system nothing. I just want to listen to some music AM/FM RADIO. Now my car is stuck to SiriusXM that I didn't order or purchase. So YOU ARE TELLING me that I have purchase it and what happen to the old standard that AM/FM RADIO WAS FREE or WAS ALREADY EQUIPPED IN OF BRAND NEW CAR.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have 2009 Nissan Rogue and the car suddenly stopped with transmission issue. When I took it to Crest Nissan dealer, they said that my car transmission is under warranty... The CVT issue warranty that was extended to 120,000 miles is a scam and no one should fall for it. They would say part of the transmission is covered but will twist your arms to pay for the exterior cooler system that is tied up to the transmission... Which is almost 1200 dollars. Without that they say they cannot fix the transmission. This is a way of getting back the money when the issue is with the transition itself. Beware of buying Nissan going forward.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I purchased my car new Nov 2016. My 2016 Rogue had 58,000 miles. Took it in for an oil change and ask about the clicking noise under my hood. They didn't even check it out so I'm thinking it was ok. Well after my next oil change they now say that I needed CVT joints which is going to cost me $1000. Earlier, I had problems with my transmission. My car when pressing the gas pedal wouldn't go into gear. Now my driver seat is loose. What's wrong with these vehicles. Are there in class lawsuits out here?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I own a 2008 Nissan Rogue. The original transmission was replaced at 42K miles under warranty. 3 years and 65K miles later, my transmission needs to be replaced again! Nissan would not help me out, as my warranty expired 2 months ago. I can't understand why the transmission wears so quickly on this vehicle. I don't want to spend $4000 to put a third transmission in the vehicle. It's not worth it.

Nissan Rogue Company Information