4.9/5 (1532 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: July 22, 2022

My route was OH - CA and car was picked up within the 3 day window as stated and was delivered on time as expected. Excellent driver (Urban), easy to work with and navigate the pickup/delivery process. We stayed in contact throughout the process to make sure everything was going as planned. I would definitely recommend this driver for anyone moving out West!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Nadia. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: July 22, 2022

After being contacted by a billion carriers, we selected Montway. Driver was amazing and so easy to work with. I would use them again in a heartbeat! The driver even helped my daughter upon arrival. Super easy from beginning to end of the transport.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Janie. We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for your business.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Awesome job, great price and a day ahead of schedule. Sarasota, FL. To Las Vegas Nevada enclosed trailer. Montway was honest with their quote for pickup and not just saying yes to get the job. I will definitely use and recommend to all.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Eric.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I used the chat function after I initially made the reservation on the website, and everybody was great. The driver showed up on time and got the cars in the truck loaded on time. He got here to Utah a day early than what I was told. So that was really good. He was a super nice guy too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Joe. Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I had immediate success with Montway. I was very pleased with the way the customer service rep handled my situation. Their quote was on the expensive end but the quality of service was much better too. So, it was reasonable. Delivery went very smoothly.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Savannah.

Original review: July 22, 2022

The communication was sufficient. The car got picked up from my parents. They dealt with the driver on the front end, and I dealt with him on the back end. But it was good overall.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Shawn.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Everybody at Montway was friendly. They explained to me everything that was gonna happen and who was going to be contacting me next. They even told me about downloading the app and I could track my vehicle. The app was pretty cool. It showed if the car was at the port or was en route. Also, the delivery was pretty quick. The cost was well worth it and I've recommended them to friends. My ex-co-worker is moving to California and I told him about Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Stephen. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience and appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Motorcycle being shipped from Idaho to Massachusetts. Supposed to be picked up around June 27th. Has not been picked up yet. Have made multiple calls regarding status and no one seems to know what's happening? Very confusing. Was promised return call weeks ago and have had no response. The money for the shipping has already been taken from my credit card.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience, Joseph. Motorcycles are a very delicate item to ship. So we always want to make sure we are using the proper provider with the right equipment. Unfortunately, due to availability issues on your unique route, our provider is unable to provide service at this time. We have emailed you with additional details. We appreciate your understanding and apologize again for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The person I spoke to guaranteed me the price when I locked it in and they stuck to their word. There was no change and I was very happy. When my daughter picked up the car, she was very happy. It was one of the best pick up and drop off I had. The driver was very friendly and helpful. He almost made it seem like I've known him for a while.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Winston. We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Pick-up and delivery went smoothly. They are the only ones we will be using from this point on. The rep was an awesome person. He made sure to come by and make sure everything was satisfactory.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Sheila. Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Montway's price was reasonable compared to competitors. The pickup was in Massachusetts, and the drop-off was in San Diego. It was eight days. They told me when they would pick the car up and drop it off, and both happened. They said they would be there in this window. The day of, they said it would be that window, but couldn't tell me when. They gave me a heads-up 30 minutes ahead of time when they were coming. So, it went well. I've shipped a lot of cars, and this one was the best experience all around. You should give Montway a look.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Michael. Thank you for your review and for suggesting Montway to others.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I did everything online and everything was very straightforward. We just talked one time and they have scheduled my shipment. When I received my schedule and I asked them some questions by chat. Their customer service was over my expectation. The delivery was four to five hours after what the driver told me he was gonna come to my city but overall, it was good and they gave me my car at home. I was very happy about my shipment.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Mahzad. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The experience was good except Montway didn't tell me that there was a plus or minus five days on pickup, which didn't work out for me. They didn't tell me that the dates could fluctuate. So I called them back once I understood that, which screwed me up. You can have an exact day, you just have to pay a fair amount more money for it. So, I said that I would pay the money because I needed it. The quote was accurate the second time, once we understood that it costs more money to lock in a specific date. If they had just told me that up front, I would have paid them the extra money and locked it in right away. But once I understood, the service was fine. The reps got the information and they were good.

The vehicle was picked up on a Friday and delivered on a Tuesday. It was quick. The reps called me that they were gonna drop the vehicle off and I mentioned a few places. They said they were running late so we had to pick it up at midnight. If I had been a woman alone, I wouldn't have done it. We met at an easy place for a big rig to get into. It was a big parking lot at a closed strip mall.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Karen. Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if were not informed of our estimated days for pickup and transport.

Original review: July 20, 2022

In the middle of the transport, they lost touch. But in the end, they did inform when they were going to delivery. The picking up and the dropping time were good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Bitosh. Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Montway had good reviews while everybody else was irresponsible. I tried Montway and had them transport my car from Los Angeles to South Carolina. Everything was good and I liked it. Go with Montway because they're responsible.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Norma. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: July 20, 2022

They did a very good job. Pickup and delivery were done efficiently. The truck drivers were very communicative. On this last move, the transport company was a little bit less communicative but Montway was very responsive in terms of getting me in touch with the dispatcher.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Brian.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Everything was done timely. They picked up the car and delivered it when they said they would. The only thing was I moved two cars. For one of the cars, I told them it could not be picked up before a certain date. Then, they called me with the intention to pick it up before that date and that resulted in the car not being shipped for a little bit longer. But it didn't really matter to me, I had two cars.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Ronda. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: July 20, 2022

The car’s pickup was supposed to be two days before we were leaving from Ohio but a driver was unavailable and something happened with the driver. We went for our flight and we had to give the keys to somebody else to take care of that and share the key to the driver, as well as take care of the car till the driver comes and take the car. But there are no issues on my end. Things happen. Cost-wise, there might be some cheaper options available but I saw the positive reviews for Montway. And in some of the reviews, I saw that if you're going for any cheaper options, there are a lot of caveats and you wouldn't be able to track your car. So that is a reason I still chose Montway.

The reps mentioned that they were going to deliver the car within 7 to 10 days but the car was there within three days. It was way earlier than I was expecting so that was a surprise for me. It was an issue for me because I work from home and the driver came close to my home. I told my colleague that I was going to take a leave for 15 minutes. Everything was over within 15 minutes. I came with my car and it was without any scratches.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Naresh. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Original review: July 19, 2022

They gave all responses and all answers I had asked for. When I was making the booking, they gave me the date and time that they would approach me. They did their best job. They did what they were supposed to. Compared to the others I had, they were pretty expensive. So Montway had nominal rates.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Aju. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Within 36 hours of the initial contact with Montway, I was able to get a transport scheduled and that went very smoothly. After which there was direct contact with the driver when the date got a little closer. Communication was via text message and cell phone. They were professional and didn't seem to have any trouble locating either the pickup or drop-off location. Everything went like clockwork and the quote was exactly as predicted. I'm highly satisfied and I would be happy to recommend Montway to anyone in the future.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Shawn. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you were highly satisfied and appreciate your feedback.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Everything was convenient. Montway picked up my bike professionally, on time, and delivered it with no scratch.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Khoa. Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The reps were super helpful. They quickly took care of whatever I was looking for and got it set up. They called me when it was the time to actually move the vehicle and gave me an alternative for an enclosed transport for a good deal. So, I opted for it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Gary.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Montway is a decent broker to use for shipping your car across country. They came, picked up my car and brought it to where I wanted it to be. The car arrived in one piece without any issues. It was that simple. Having a guaranteed pickup time without having to charge extra would be nice though.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Benjamin. We appreciate your review and value your feedback.

Original review: July 18, 2022

The communication went well. It was very nice. The driver stayed in contact when he reached my area and the truck was delivered on time. It was an excellent experience with Montway and I'd recommend them to anybody.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Scott. Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your experience and appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I used Montway before. I originally chose them based on the reviews and the reputation that I read about. They're friendly and they provide secure and quick service. I used them again and I ordered multiple trips. They've all been wonderful. I had a pick-up from Maryland to here and one from Virginia to here. It was good timing and was quick. The drivers communicated very well with me. When the cars came, everything was as described. Pricing was aggressive but everything was fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Jimmy. We are pleased to hear you're a returning customer and appreciate your business.

Original review: July 18, 2022

The pickup and delivery were pretty smooth and that took a week. There's there wasn't a lot of communication but there wasn't a lot needed. Overall, the service was good. Montway did their job and got my car to where I needed it to go. I will do it again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jeffrey. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: July 18, 2022

The reps were responsible for all my questions or whenever I had a question or if I called them, they were responsive. They gave me the information that was needed. They handled it very well. The driver was good and I did not expect that. They gave clear directions on where to come and where to pick up. Everything was good and they delivered beforehand.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Venkata. We are pleased to hear about your experience with Montway.

Original review: July 17, 2022

The price was fair and Montway was able to accommodate the dates when I wanted my cars to be picked up. I like the way they shipped. My vehicles were safe and they did their best to deliver them on time. They did a great job. I was happy with it. People should go with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Grace. Thank you for your review.

Original review: July 17, 2022

The setting of the transport was a very easy process. Montway maintains communication from pickup all the way to delivery. The rep was available at all times and he would answer texts or phone calls. He was very accessible. They also made sure that I had all my concerns addressed. The transport was from Newark, New Jersey, to Tempe, Arizona. This took approximately two weeks. It was a very good experience and I want to thank Montway for their service. I would definitely recommend them to other people looking for auto transportation.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Edgar. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I transported a Gold Wing motorcycle from New York to Florida for relocation and the quality and the service were very good. I'd recommend Montway but the only thing is, I don't know if anybody would use them for that because it was very expensive.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Joseph. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recommendation and business.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information