4.9/5 (1411 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: May 23, 2022

Montway was the most convenient and the easiest. All the other ones wanted me to call in and do a bunch of other stuff that I didn't have time for. I just wanted to be done right away with my transport from Chicago to California. Customer service was fast and straightforward. The delivery was also fast and they communicated what time the car was gonna be there. It was actually there a little bit earlier. For the cost and how efficient they were, it was good. I probably could have gotten the service a little bit cheaper but it seemed like I would have had to jump through more hoops. Go for Montway. You could do your stuff online. They give you one quick phone call just to verify everything. They are efficient and have a good price. I would recommend it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Anthony. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Montway's customer service was awesome. She was very informative about everything. She explained all the details of how it’d be done, the options of being able to get a discount, being able to pay with cash if the driver showed up, and it'd be a little extra if I had to pay with a card. She was very helpful. There was an update as the gentleman picked up the vehicle and was on his way. As he got closer, he let me know that he was gonna be a day behind because of the weather. It was expected, but he was very informative and he let me know exactly where he was at all times. That helped calm my nerves quite a bit as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback on our representative and the carrier, Walter.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Setting up the transport was quick and easy. The rep I worked with was very professional. Also, the driver was very nice and friendly. He took care of my truck. There was a little bit of a language barrier but I was still able to understand him. It wasn't too bad. I was able to track the vehicle online and see where he was at. He arrived prior to me arriving and he was able to deliver to the drop-off point, which was a Toyota dealership where the truck was being repaired. He coordinated with them and turned the car in.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate your feedback, Martin.

Original review: May 23, 2022

When I started talking to Montway and made the initial commitment to have the car hauled, it went very smoothly. It didn't take a long time and I felt comfortable about the whole thing. The driver who picked up the car was extraordinarily good too. There was very good communication and we got along fine. I drove home after he left, and I was here when he dropped it off. He did an excellent job and the car was fine. I was satisfied.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you, Gregory, for your review.

Original review: May 22, 2022

My experience setting up the transport with Montway was very good, and what the rep quoted me initially was what it ended up costing for the actual transport. The driver called and told me when he would be picking up the car. He picked it up late on a Friday, which was 11:00 PM. But there was no traffic on the Key, which was good because it's very busy there. He then let me know that he'd be there sometime Monday evening, and that, again, was 11:00 PM.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Patricia. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Everybody was pleasant. The rep was very knowledgeable. The quote was super expensive but it was accurate. The courier was courteous.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Shaska. Thank you for your feedback on our representative and carrier.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I picked a different transport service because they were a little cheaper than Montway, but they didn’t deliver on their promise, so I canceled it. Then I went with Montway. Setting up the transport was excellent. The driver was very good. He notified me when he was on his way out here. He was extremely careful about unloading my car. He took pictures of the car. There was no damage to our transport. It was a very smooth transaction.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi David. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist in your auto transport. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Original review: May 22, 2022

My experience with Montway was one of the most pleasant experiences and I've been traveling and moving my vehicles back and forth for quite a few years. They're excellent.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are pleased to hear about your experience, Heidi.

Original review: May 22, 2022

The transport was from Missouri, Ozarks to Southern California, up around Los Angeles, and the communication was good. The cost was fine as well, but Montway wanted us to drive the car to a certain place that's 60 miles away from the Ozarks. We said, “Well, wait a minute. It's a pristine, antique car. Why are we driving it to you? You come 60 miles and get it.” That was the beginning. They also canceled three times. Once, they said the truck broke down and had it confused. They were gonna bring it on Wednesday then they called and said, “No, we'll be there on Friday.” On Friday, they called and said, “No. Our truck isn't working.” I don't know about the truck not working though. They may not have had a driver.

No harm was done because there wasn't any critical nature to the transport. They just couldn't get their pickup dates together. They were experienced in transporting the car, but the scheduler and coordinator had an issue. It was also a little confusing at the California end. They were three blocks away and didn't know where to go. It was a little frustrating, but thank God the truck didn't break down on the way. We could recommend Montway. They transport cars and they got the ‘67 Volvo here in one piece. The driver did a great, professional job at loading, delivering and unloading too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Patrick. As an auto transport management company, we evaluate every shipping option. We apologize that this can be a bit confusing. We do our best to make it as easy as possible. We will definitely take a look at your order and use it to improve services. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 21, 2022

I had shipped my car down to Florida with Montway. I flew into Florida and happened to talk to the driver when I was at the airport. He said he was in West Palm Beach. I told him I just landed at the airport and I was gonna take a taxi to where I was going. He said he would drop the car off at the short term parking. That was awesome. I was able to just walk over, get my car and off I went.

On the way back, you can't ring a truck in the residence where I am. I met the driver at Home Depot, which is only about a short block from where I stay. I could walk back to my apartment from there. Timing-wise, it was very good. The driver was going to drop my car off, but I wasn't there. My car needed servicing so I asked him if he could drop it off at the dealership and that was what he did. I was able to pick my car up from the dealership when I came home. It worked out well. I didn't have to worry about them not showing up. They seem to be very reliable. I was in touch with the driver often. After he picked up the car, he would call me and let me know where he was.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway, Donna.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I got great service and a great price. Customer service was great too. The driver called me a few hours before he arrived at my place. When he was here, he called me again. I had an uncovered transport so my vehicle was covered in dead insects but it was fine. It just needed a good carwash.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Wael.

Original review: May 21, 2022

The set-up with Montway was really very easy and quick. The rep was very polite and the whole process went exceptionally well. They transported my car from Columbus, Ohio to Miramar, Florida and that took two or three days. The driver is bilingual and so am I so there was no problem communication-wise. I would highly recommend Montway's service. I was very pleased with everything. They delivered as they promised. The vehicle is without any dents or scrapes.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Alicia. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 21, 2022

The driver wasn't very pleasant and my vehicle was dirty. He drove eight miles of gravel and had the windows down in the car in his trailer and filled it full of dust. Then he decided to rub the pain't saying that'd wash right up. Other than that, everything was good. It's not the guy’s fault that he decided to go gravel because the road was closed. He also told me that he had a big trailer and he couldn't go on city streets.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Ronald. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Given Biden's reduced fuel cost, the quote was pretty good. Everything was done online and I didn't talk to a human until I got my car, but it wasn’t bad. The driver contacted me personally and I met him a few miles up the road. It worked out pretty good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Daniel. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 20, 2022

My car was picked up somewhere in Minneapolis. During the transport process, I called the drivers and they told me that they were a couple of hours away. They called me before they got there so everything was fine. They dropped off my car in front of the house in New York and it was okay.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Adrian.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I got the transport for someone and she got her car. As far as who I spoke with and the process, it's fine. She was satisfied with the delivery and it came earlier than she expected.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Ben. Thank you for your review and booking with us.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Everything went fine with Montway. They picked up the cars. I had friends of mine load them up. Morris did a good job. He brought them down. I was extremely pleased with how fast he got them here. He picked them up at like 2 o'clock in the afternoon. He left Virginia Beach, and he was here by 9 o'clock the next morning. There was no damage. Everything was good. He checked everything out. I'm very pleased. Montway did a good job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Donald. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Working with them was pretty good. The delivery time is very accurate. So, once I was available, the transporter had to come to pick the car up. But things took some time because the place I delivered to is in the city. Sometimes, they cannot park their truck into the city. At first, the driver asked me to go pick the car up. After some negotiation, he eventually drove my car to my place. But the description said the service is door-to-door, so by default, it should be door-to-door. I will refer Montway to my friends but I hope they can improve their service further.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Kevin. We value your feedback and recommendation to your friends.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Montway was very good. They showed up on time, they communicated, and prices were reasonable. I'm very happy. From California to Utah, the transport took three days to arrive. It was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway, Michael.

Original review: May 19, 2022

uShip had a quote from Montway cheaper than Montway was giving to me. But I still went with the higher bid with Montway because it seemed like it was weird that uShip would have Montway do the shipment. When I called Montway, they gave me several talk. It was difficult because they gave me one price then gave me another price then they went back and gave me a higher price. They played too many games. It makes you not trust freight companies on how they charge you. But I was happy that the car was delivered nicely. That was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, James. We value your feedback and business.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I was very pleased with the job they did. I understood the cost of the service. The car arrived sooner than I thought. They did exactly what they said they would do and the cost was very reasonable. I would happily use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Matt. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: May 19, 2022

The rep was very impersonal and gave me a feeling that I'm just another number. Communication started with the company itself but I got a phone number a couple of days later and it seemed like I was calling someone's personal phone. But being COVID, a lot of people work from home so I went forward with the move anyway. The driver showed up and the transport turned out to be not what I expected. It was a transport sort of trailer but with a pickup truck, not a commercial transport. I got a little suspicious about that and I called my insurance company saying, “Well, look. If they steal my vehicle, then what?” Then the insurance company just assured me it’s fully covered. Other than that, the price was what they said it was. My son said the vehicle arrived fine. The driver was very patient with his schedule and met him at a time and location convenient to him.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi James. Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our representative. Our team will look into your order and notify the supervisor of your feedback.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Everything with Montway went great. Their customer service was outstanding. They were outgoing and made me comfortable. My car was transported from Delaware to Colorado. It took a very short amount of time. I was expecting a whole week, but it took about three days. I trusted Montway and it was worth it. Do it, too. Trust the company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Ramel.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I called Montway and they gave me a quote right away. It was competitive, and I pulled the trigger based on that. I also did get another quote and it was in that same range. Montway was slightly less, but the key thing was they were very responsive. The pick-up point was on Fountain Valley, California, and the drop-off point was Altamonte Springs, Florida, and the service was good. It took a week, which was pretty quick. I was told that they would pick the car up within a certain time period, but they picked it up at the front of that time, which is just the way it can go.

The trucker that bid on the job was very professional and communicated the best he could. He also had a translator ‘cause he didn't speak English, so I was dealing with somebody on the phone. The trucker did a good job, and the whole experience was pretty painless. He called me and asked if I could meet him at a parking lot nearby, within a couple miles, and I did. He unloaded two other vehicles then unloaded my car then I just drove away.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Brian.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Montway's pricing is as competitive as anyone's. When I called Montway, I had told them what the car was. They seemed to understand what it is, just ‘cause there aren't many low cars. They did a good job but when the movers brought the truck, they brought the wrong size. Also, their truck was an 18-wheeler and they couldn't come into my driveway. So, I had to go to a shopping center and wait. Then when they got there, they couldn't get my vehicle on the truck. So I said, “Why did you bring a truck with that kind of a ramp, knowing that the car could not go up that ramp because it's a low-front end?” They didn't have an answer for that. So, they came back the next day with another truck.

Other than that, the driver was knowledgeable and once he got the right vehicle, things were fine. When the car arrived, it looked like it came out of a showroom. It was in perfect shape. The cost was excellent but the service was very poor in terms of not knowing my car.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Jeffrey. We apologize for what took place with the initial truck. We are pleased to hear the second carrier was to your satisfaction.

Original review: May 18, 2022

The rep was very nice and professional. Things were better than what I expected during the transport. They had the move scheduled for one day and they said, “We have a driver open. Can we pick up your car on this date?” And I said, “Yes, sure.” And in an hour, he was there. Picked up the car and took off. And then way before we even got here, the car was already here. The vehicle was in excellent condition. Everything was the way I left it. I will use Montway again definitely.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi William. Thank you for your feedback on your overall experience. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Montway's price was better and they were easier to get ahold of on the phone. They were $100 cheaper than the other place. Their customer service was very good. I would use them again if I needed to. They let me know when the car was going to be here. I got email updates as far as where the car was, and they called me about an hour or so ahead of time before they were gonna arrive. The car arrived on time, and they brought it right to my driveway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you, Sherri, for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: May 18, 2022

The experience with Montway was painless. I called the driver to set up where we would move the car because where my apartment was located was inconvenient for a truck to come down. The pick-up and drop-off was close to my apartment. We found a longer street that he could park on that was a quarter mile away and for the drop-off, we did the cross street outside of my apartment. It was very convenient. I had a great service and would definitely recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Travis. We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Montway's price was competitive compared to other transporting companies, so I didn't have any complaints with it. The transporter was great too. He called me 45 minutes to an hour ahead of time and I was able to leave where I was at to meet him at my house. When I got there, he got the motorcycle unloaded. All I had to do was sign and get it inside the garage. I've used other companies in the past, and it hadn't gone as planned. Montway didn't have any problems with the pickup or the delivery, and they were informative the entire time, so I wouldn't have changed anything about it. It was quick service and they were friendly people. I get motorcycles transported all the time and I would definitely use this company again. They did an excellent job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jason. Thank you for choosing Montway, to assist in your auto transport. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I recommend Montway. Everything was good. The rep was great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Dustin. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information