4.8/5 (1382 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

We had three cars transported from California to New Jersey and Montway was great. I would use them again. Everything worked according to the way they said it would and the cars were delivered with no issues. We used a different mover for our stuff and that was a nightmare. So compared to that, the vehicle transport was very easy and professional. Montway's cost was a little higher than others but because of the good reviews online, I went with them. They were professional, reliable and a service for the money.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are thrilled to hear that your vehicle shipment went well, Maureen. We do our best to provide realistic expectations to our customers which in turn provides a better experience, and ultimately our price comes down to carrier demand. Sorry, we can't help with the house moving, but thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I had a great experience with Montway. They were good. The driver was absolutely great. The car made it. I’m very happy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Jeanette, thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad to hear that everything went well.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Our experience was fine. The only problem that I had was that my card got charged on the way there of about $55. I'm still dealing with that, trying to get that back. But otherwise, everyone was nice.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Ewelina, our team has informed us that they have emailed you to see how what assistance we can provide. Please feel free to reach out and let us know what we can do to help. We thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The driver was very friendly, and he came on time and picked up the vehicle. He also informed us before the delivery. So, it was a good experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Ramesh, we are glad to hear the carrier provided excellent service. Thank you for your kind review, and for choosing Montway.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I was thoroughly pleased with Montway. The transport was handled perfectly. It was absolutely wonderful, from beginning to end. I bought the car on Wednesday. They picked it up on Thursday. I had it on Friday. It was very quick, efficient, and well done. I was also happy with the price. The driver was absolutely courteous and wonderful. They delivered it directly to my parking space. I'd use them again if I needed to.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are absolutely thrilled to learn of your experience using Montway, William. We do our best to provide excellent service from the first phone call to the last email. Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to the carrier.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I was really impressed with them. They picked it up and got it out four days earlier than what I thought. They were really quick and seemed on top of it.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so glad to hear that your shipment went smoothly and we were able to provide a carrier that got your vehicle to you quickly, Bonnie. Thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Brian was on top of everything. It was very systemized, because I had two guys I was dealing with. I wasn't sure how it would work. Apparently, the order comes in. One guy picks it up. But it's still there. And if there isn't a response, someone else will respond to me. So, I got two people trying to get me to transport my car. I stuck with the first person that I contacted, which is good because they didn't drop the ball.

Fortunately for me, the dealership that I bought the car from used Montway. It's just I had to do the booking. It was quick. But if I were to do it again, I’d make sure that I’d do a closed transport as opposed to an open one, because my car came back dirty. I know, since it was from a dealership, it would come off of the dealership floor, so it had to have been clean and detailed. But by the time I got it two days later, it was dirty. But got it cleaned, not a big deal. It was a great experience. It was worth every penny.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Dennis. Thank you for your review and feedback on Brian.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We had to get the date correct because there was a mix-up on what date the car needed to be there. But after that, it was fine. They picked the car up one day and then they dropped it off the next. So, it was two days from Florida to Tennessee. They contacted us to let us know that they were on the way, and then we agreed upon a location. We picked it up from a location that was easy for the driver. We were happy about Montway and the way the car got there safely.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Lisa.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

If I had a cross-country move, I'd definitely use Montway again. They were good. Working with their reps was pretty easy and seamless. Both the pickup and delivery were great. I wasn't able to be at pickup. They worked with someone in my family, which was awesome. Then, the delivery was super easy. The cost was fair. It was higher but also, given, the time when I did it, it was worth it.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are thrilled to hear that we could provide a seamless service that was easy to navigate. We do our best to provide options that fit our customer's needs and provide a fair price that reflects that service. Thank you so much for your kind review, we hope to work with you again!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My experience with Montway Auto Transport was absolutely the best. Car was delivered on time as Montway promised with no problems. Thank you Montway Auto Transport. Montway Auto Transport will definitely be my go to transport company. I am a happy camper!

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Diane. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Montway was on time. They took my car to my parent’s house. My parents told me that everything went pretty smoothly. They moved the car from Pennsylvania to El Paso, and I was pretty surprised at how quickly it came in. It was not even a week. The driver called me various times. I was out of town. They called me and my Mom. It was a Saturday when they delivered it, and I thought they were calling for some other reason, but they were calling because they wanted to know if we would be there when they deliver the car. Montway did a really good job. I liked how my car was filled with a lot of my stuff, and that was not really a problem.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Deana. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I was very pleased. I was able to text with my questions, and they got back to me in a timely fashion. They tried and change the drop-off time to suit them, but I had to say, “Uh, uh, uh, These people have jobs, and you'll drop it off at the agreed time. I'm sorry if that's not convenient for the driver, but I'm the customer, and I paid a lot of money.” Still, I would recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Bernyce, we are glad to hear that the carrier was able to accommodate your requested timeframe, however, we do want to be clear that our dates and times are estimates as the carrier may run into unforeseen circumstances that neither we nor the carrier can change. We do thank you for the recommendation and we hope to work with you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I shipped three cars now with Montway. Communication was good. Each of the three times I used them, they were quicker than they said they would be, and they were good about letting me know when they were going to be there. The final price was exactly what it was quoted originally. Overall, Montway was good. I recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Ryan, thank you so much for your continued support. We are truly glad to hear that everything went smoothly with all of your shipments. We do our best to provide a price and communication style that our customers will be pleased with.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Moving across the country is a stressful thing. In order to prepare for such a large endeavor, a person researches and plans as best as possible. I did just that in every aspect of my move including when it came to transporting my car from Washington to Virginia. I chose to use the services of Montway Auto Transport because they made me feel secure in their services and drivers they hire.

I called July 15th to get the process going of getting my car shipped. Montway asked when I wanted my car picked up. I told them that I was flexible with that date, however I needed my car to be delivered by 8/26-27th the latest. I was assured this was no problem and in fact I could pack 100lbs of boxes in my car to be shipped as well for free. The cost was $1949. They would pick up my car between 8/12-16 and I would receive an email letting me know the official date as it approached. I received an email on 8/10 that my car would be picked up on 8/15 or 16th. In that email, it also said that my delivery date was between 9/1-3rd. I immediately had a chat conversation with an agent at Montway to let them know that that time frame wasn't good and not what I had originally asked for (I have screenshots of this conversation).

When I moved, I only intended on renting a car to get from DC to Virginia Beach to drive myself, my pets, and my sister that was helping me. I needed my car when I arrived. I was told that they could adjust the delivery date to the 28th-29th. I agreed to that time frame even though it was outside of what I needed. Before my car was picked up, I placed an AirTag in my car to track where it was because I was worried my car would arrive when I had not gotten there yet since it was being picked up so early.

As the days since my car was picked up, I noticed that my car remained in Lynnwood, Washington - about 5 miles away from my house where my car was picked up. And there it stayed ever since. I tried calling, texting, and left voicemails for Fast Freight (the driver Montway hired) and never got an answer or a reply. I tried to remain calm and go with the flow as I was sure there was normal protocols of transportation. During this time, I paid Montway an additional $100 because I needed to put my back seat down in my car to place a box and apparently there’s a charge for that. This brought the total paid to Montway to $2,049.

I reached out to Montway again the week of 8/22 because my car was still sitting in Lynnwood, I wasn't getting a call back and I was flying to Virginia in a matter of days. Montway told me they would reach out to Fast Freight and have them call me. That never happened. Finally, on 8/24, I called the phone number from Fast Freight that text me that my driver was nearby to pick up my car. To my surprise, someone from Fast Freight answered!! He said that Montway told them that my car needed to be picked up right away and could be delivered "whenever". I told them that wasn't right and that I needed my car to get moving. They said I needed to contact Montway because there was nothing they could do per their contract with Montway and that my car wasn't scheduled to leave until Friday, 8/26. I found this strange since it was the opposite of what I told Montway from the beginning.

Also, I placed my order in July. If I needed my car picked up right away, why did it get picked up a month later in August? It doesn't make sense. I called Montway right away on 8/24 after speaking with Fast Freight. I was told a supervisor would look into the matter and call me back by the end of day. I never heard back. I called again on Saturday, 8/27, after traveling because my car still hadn't moved from Lynnwood & and I was not in Virginia. I was told that a supervisor was calling Fast Freight every 30 minutes, but at the same time, I was told that there aren't any supervisors available to speak to on Saturday. I was told that a supervisor would call me back in ten minutes - that never happened. I called again on Monday and again was being given the run around and that a supervisor would call me back. I had had it by this point. James finally called me back and said the driver had car troubles...sure Jan.

I had to pay $604 to extend my rental car a few days so I could get groceries, take my sister back to DC for her flight, and get items for my apartment the first few days of living here. I returned my rental Thursday 9/1 because I couldn’t afford to keep a rental each day until mine was delivered…whenever that would have been. That meant I was stuck at my apartment until my car arrived. My car FINALLY arrived on Sunday night 9/4. Even later than their estimated delivery date email and I had to walk to a nearby shopping center to meet the driver as he would not drive to the street I lived even though there is ample room. AND the driver “Alex” made me pay him $50 CASH because, “I had items in my car.”

I told him I paid Montway $100 for that already and showed him the invoice. He refused because Montway didn’t add it on his invoice and therefore per the bill of lading, he would deny giving me my car until I paid him. I was alone at night in an empty shopping center with a man I didn’t know in a city I barely knew. I paid him just so I could get my car and feel safe.

I planned and was in constant communication with Montway and was pleasant and clear about my needs and expectations. I have been failed by Montway and even more, have had to pay an extra $654 that I had budgeted to help build my life in this new city to make up for the error on both Montway and Fast Freight's part. I have been trying to get in contact with supervisor “James” for several days. Somehow, he is never at his desk and would call me back in ten minutes, which he never does. No one ever does. I have emailed Montway’s supervisor email group and never received a response. This evening, I spoke with James’ supervisor “Pearce” who was filled with demeaning lies and hung up on me.

I truly never complain or write reviews, but please, do not use Montway or Fast Freight for any transportation needs. Please pass this on so others are aware. Montway took down their Google reviews, so you can’t see them, but there is Yelp. I know that Montway ultimately doesn’t care about me, you, or helping resolve the issue of them forgetting to send my car, reimburse me, no communication, and their overall lack of professionalism. Please do not use Montway or Fast Freight. I'm sure "Richard K" will leave a generic response to this.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Peggie, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry to learn that the auto shipping experience did not meet your expectations.

Auto transporters do their best to deliver shipments as quickly as possible. But, auto logistics is a complex service with many moving parts. There are many restrictions involved with vehicle shipping. Due to this, neither Montway nor the carrier is able to guarantee or promise any specific delivery dates. For personal items, we only allow up to 100lbs of items in the trunk area below window level. Items must be confined to a box or suitcase only. Anything beyond this limit would incur additional fees.

We provide full details of our personal item policy, as well as our shipping timelines and estimates on our website https://www.montway.com/terms-and-conditions. We also provide this information in our quote and booking emails. So that shippers can properly prepare ahead of time. I would be happy to address this further and invite you to reach out to us at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Richard K

feedback@montway.com

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

My jeep was in perfect condition- I was so pleased when I jumped into him in Hilo. No problems with my vehicle at all! I would definitely use them again and recommend my friends to use them. I liked the way they communicated with me all along my journey. I was constantly made aware of where my vehicle was. Extremely happy with this company as it was effortless on my part to move this vehicle to Hawaii. Thank you Montway for the kind employees that work for you and how organized your company is. It gave me peace of mind the whole time while I was busy packing my house up and it allowed me to concentrate on other issues of this Big Move. Thank you to Montway!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jill. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I'm a car collector, and I've been moving my cars with Montway. They got the process fined tuned that’s why I go with them. It worked great setting it up. However, there’s a lack of communication between the driver and the customer on the receiving end. They showed up unannounced. I’m an hour away from where my cars are so I had to stop what I was doing and go over there.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Tom. We appreciate you for being a loyal customer of Montway. We would like to apologize for the disconnect in communication between the carrier and the customer. We will document your experience to help us improve our customer journey.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

The transport was quick, and everything went well. I was also pleased with the feedback I got from the driver. Montway was excellent, and I already gave my friend in Florida the company name. They are going to use it, too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Ann. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

The whole process from start to finish was smooth and easy. The steps required were simple and straightforward and the representative that assisted us was thorough. When the gentleman came to pick up our vehicle he arrived as expected and thoroughly explained the process and reviewed the vehicle prior to transporting. We were notified that the vehicle had arrived promptly and our family member that received the vehicle was also pleased with the process. No hiccups whatsoever.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Kelle. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

The transport from Austin, Texas to Honolulu took a week and a half, and it was seamless. The communication was great, and I really enjoyed using Montway. It was the only one where they picked the car up at my house. Everybody else, I had to take it somewhere. I was out of the country when the driver picked up the car, and that was the best thing, ‘cause I didn't even have to do anything. I put a key somewhere for the driver to find. He found it, took the car, and it was delivered on the location and date it was supposed to be. I'm going to use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Peter. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I used Montway for moving to Washington State, but we had to move back to Georgia in about a month, so we used them on both ways. The driver who transferred my car was good, both ways, but in the middle, when we were coming back from Washington State to Georgia, there was an initial driver and he was horrible. He never returned and he lied to me. Montway switched the driver, then it turned out to be great service.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jae. Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience with the carrier. We are pleased to hear the following carriers provided a much better experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My Lil red express truck is a precious family heirloom passed down to me. I was really worried about transporting this mint condition classic from Alabama to Boston. Car showed up at my door in 8 days without a scratch on it. This is not only the best and most reliable company but after doing a lot of shopping around it's the best price too. I could not be more impressed.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Cody. Thank you for trusting Montway to assist in your auto transport. We appreciate your review.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I Shipped my car twice with them. They were Perfect each time. My car was in perfect condition each time. Drivers are flexible and on time. They require cash but it was not a big deal. I would use them again but I have vowed never to move again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Pepper. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future, should you decide to move again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The driver was on time and in order to deliver the car to our door (the trailer wouldn't fit on the street, he took an Uber back to the truck on his own account. Car arrived without scratches, in working condition, only a little dusty on the outside.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Karen. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

My classic 1932 Ford Five Window coupe and 2000 Chevrolet Corvette were safely transported in a protected environment and delivered in a timely manner. The transport driver was very courteous and professional. I can certainly recommend Montway Auto Transport to anyone looking to have their vehicles transported anywhere in the country.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Charles. Thank you for your review and recommendation on Montway. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with the carrier.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Excellent service. No hidden charges and very friendly driver. Better price than competitors. The agent on the phone was polite and informative. Another company that I spoke to was condescending. Based on my experience, I would recommend to anyone looking to transport their vehicle.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Ramesh. We appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We had such an amazing experience. The driver was excellent in communication and working with our schedule on both ends of the trip. Whenever I had a question before pickup, I would use the chat feature and it worked super well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Charlotte. Thank you for your review and using our chat feature.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Setting up truck to be transported was very easy. Price was reasonable. Transport workers were great. They were very timely, kept me updated, and were very professional and friendly would definitely recommend them and would use them again. I could believe how quick they got my truck from one side of the country to the other.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are pleased to hear about your experience, Michael. Thank you for sharing your interaction with the carrier and your recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Easy to make contact with this company and the driver kept me well informed of his progress. Safe and quick delivery of my car. I highly recommend for all auto transport needs. You will be glad you used this company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Phillip. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway and the carrier. We appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

No problems with the move. Customer service was friendly and was speedy at replying to any questions that arose during the move. The driver was good at getting in touch with me to secure a place to drop off the vehicles.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jessel. Thank you for sharing your experience with our representative and the carrier.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

He was friendly and kind. Also, he took great care of my car. Will use him again. He took his time to talk you about your car and me how he going to protect it going to TEXAS. I would use him again. Anyone need car delivery.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Madeline. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with the carrier.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information