4.8/5 (1308 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

Setting up the transport took three minutes, and I was very surprised. I even thought to myself, "This thing might be a scam, because it's so easy," but then, it wasn't. The driver called me about when he'd be there, and I called him a couple times, because he was late. We had a number of flurry of conversations, then I met him when he got to LA. I live on an odd hill street and I was wondering how he'd get a truck up here, and he didn't. He parked the truck way down the hill, and he drove the car up here right in front of my house. He texted me, I went out, and he was delightful. Montway told me the quote, and it was accurate. That's what I paid the driver, and off he went. It was very nice.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Robert. Auto transport is a complex process, but we hard to streamline processes as much as possible. We are happy to hear the driver did an excellent job and will be sure to let them know. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I needed to transport my Viper from Arizona to where I live. Montway had good reviews and I liked how quickly they could do the job. Customer service was very helpful and explained everything to me. They picked up the Viper the next morning after I scheduled it and it was delivered the same day. It was perfect when it arrived. The final cost didn't change much.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback. Glad we could help with your Viper move. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Montway's pricing worked. The driver did a fine job picking the vehicle up and updating me on the way. I received a notification that it was delivered.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments. We are proud to deliver professional service for your needs.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Everything came out with no issues, and I received the car on time. Montway was very accurate with everything too. I'm really happy the service.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Montway. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

We used Montway to move our vehicle from Texas to Florida and that took about three days. This is our second move with Montway and this time was just as smooth as the first time. It was super easy. Communication was excellent via phone and via their website, which is the easiest way to get the estimate. From the chats, the phone calls, and the driver, everything was perfect. The vehicle was delivered to my son and he said the driver was super nice and very courteous.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review. It's important to us that the auto shipping experience is as easy as possible. We are happy to hear we could deliver that for you. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Montway came out to be the less expensive, and everything with their reps was great. The car arrived ahead of time. The driver was excellent and kept us notified of any changes. There were no changes but he kept us updated on where he was at what point. So, it was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear that the driver delivered excellent service. We will be sure to share your kind words. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Montway was the most reliable that I could find online. Everything went perfect as planned. I was notified within less than a day that they headed out. The driver didn't speak English that well, but we got through it so we could understand each other.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to deliver reliable service for your needs.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I spoke to multiple representatives, and all of them were courteous, professional and knew what they were talking about. The communication with the driver was good too. He gave me a window of expected time of arrival, and he was on the dot. As a matter of fact, he even went out of his way to find a more convenient location for the pickup. The delivery went really smoothly, and the driver got here five days in advance as well. It worked out fine, because I got here early. I was anticipating to be without my car for a week, but I was only without my car for two days. It came dirty, but it was expected because it's gone through multiple states. It's also not any different right now. My car is still dirty because of the snow. Overall, my experience with Montway was very fast and friendly, and if I were to move back to Florida, I’d use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the recommendation, Tomas. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the best. We wish you the best and happy holidays.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I've used Montway twice, once to transport an inoperational race car from California to Kansas. I got a quote from them first, and it was high, so I put them to the side and went with another company that ended up scamming us. We ended up going with them and that worked out pretty well. The second time, I needed to ship a motorcycle and that hasn't been as great. We're still waiting on the delivery. The timing and communication could be improved. Also, the shipping company they subcontracted with is a little questionable. With the loading techniques they used for the motorcycle, I don't know if it's gonna arrive with damage. Also, the original delivery date was the 21st but they extended it till the 28th. They didn't communicate what the extension was for with me. I checked the tracker and I saw they haven't left Texas after a week. But they finally just got to Arizona yesterday and started their long haul.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Motorcycle shipping is quite a bit more involved than standard car shipping. Montway only works with certified motorcycle carriers. They use special equipment to ship the bikes. As a result, motorcycle shipments may take longer to fulfill. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please contact us at feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I looked at half a dozen companies and ended up with Montway. It started with the pricing and I was very impressed with the customer service. We asked them not to pick up the car for a few days because we were traveling. From when they actually picked up the car to drop-off, that took only about three days. I was extremely happy. I move a lot of vehicles. I do some buying and selling and I probably do four shippings a year at least. This was the first time I used Montway and I will definitely use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Rick. We work hard to deliver professional service all year round. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Montway picked the car up and delivered same day. The guy showed up when he was supposed to. Everything was fine, except that I'm 80 and my wife's 70, and we had to push the cars. It would have helped if he had a helper because my wife and I had to help. Other than that, I was satisfied. The quote and final price were the same. If it had been different, I wouldn't have paid more.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to work with the most professional carriers out there. We will make sure to share your feedback and work with them to deliver top-notch service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I was extremely happy. There was some back and forth on the scheduling, but that was due to me more changing things around. The driver was Chris. He has a very fancy trailer. He was outstanding. I would not lose that guy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments. We are happy to deliver professional service for your needs. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I set things up online, and it was really simple. The pickup was in Mesa, Arizona, and the drop off was Cary, North Carolina. They had two cars in the carrier, and they just took out my car. It was quick and easy, and my car was just how it was when they picked it up. I was fine with the quote too. It was accurate in the sense that it didn't change. I would tell people I'd definitely use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the recommendation. We are happy we could help with your NC move. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Communicating with them was super simple and easy. They turned around very quickly for us to get our truck from Florida to New York. The initial driver couldn't fit the truck on the truck, so it took two or three extra days. But by the end of the week, it was done. We're living on base and we had to meet him off of base at a Walmart parking lot. And the coordinator that he was working with let us know that he would be there within an hour. He unloaded the truck and away we went. Montway's quote was definitely higher than other places that I was looking at. But it didn't change from the time I was quoted to the time of delivery. We plan on using them again for our next move.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Trista. We look forward to assisting you with your next move.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I have a niece in the Buffalo, New York area who always had an interest in automobiles and is a very successful business person. We have a vintage vehicle that remains capable of being driven but for any restoration that's going to take place, my niece will facilitate that. We needed a transfer service and Montway was recommended by a friend of mine, who is very experienced with both employing transportation companies and moving vehicles on his own.

The pickup was in the Port of Los Angeles area. Transaction-wise, I couldn't ask for anything smoother. How they're able to do it for the rates they charge is beyond me. It was a great experience all along. There was only one glitch and that was partly my fault. I made it very clear that where the car was going was a place of business and that it's only open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time. We did not let the driver know or really drive that point home. But to their credit, the driver called me to schedule pickup four days or so before he actually arrived. I had an opportunity to drive that point home. I just didn't think about it because I had done almost everything exclusively online.

Overall, it was not a huge problem because, as it turns out, where the car was going was only a few hours from the driver's home and he was heading home after that particular drop anyway. The factory of my niece has a large parking lot and the driver was able to park there and rest. The whole thing would have taken four days at best but it took five because the weekend was in the way.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the comments, Paul. We work hard to streamline the auto shipping process as much as possible. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to help at any time.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

The only problem I had was with Montway's automated customer service. It's hard to get what you're looking for. Because the automated voice is going to come on and ask you a question, you wait, but they don't understand. Other than that, the driver was great. He brought the car right to my house.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback. We are always striving to provide the best service and your feedback makes that possible.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

The driver gave me a two-week timeframe for a door-to-door delivery from Tucson, Arizona to Providence, Rhode Island. He was there in seven days. He did a great job. I appreciate it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to deliver great service. Thanks for choosing Montway.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

They were immediately responsive and laid out what the price was going to be. It was great customer service from the very start. The driver was great. He wasn't very talkative but he was polite, professional, and quick. Montway was awesome and I will always use them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Michael. We are pleased to hear about your experience with Montway.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

My daughter used Montway and had a great experience with them. As did I. They were efficient, quick, and very easy to communicate with. The reps I worked with were both very good. They were very easy to contact, and if I had a question, I'd text them and get an immediate response. I will use them again. The transport was from the East Coast to the West Coast, and the driver was very good. He was another one I tried to text and he would get back to me right away. I met him right down the street, and the car was fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to deliver friendly and professional service and we are happy to see that delivered here. We look forward to helping again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I called Montway and the person I spoke with was very nice and understanding of my circumstances. The prices were very reasonable too. The delivery was perfect. The driver dropped off my car and gave me the keys. I've told a few of my friends to use Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the recommendation. We work hard to deliver friendly and professional service and are happy to help at any time.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I used Montway when I moved up from Florida to Berlin, Wisconsin. I called the guy and I liked how I was treated. We kept having delays because I was trying to close on my house. They were very pro helping me in any way they could. They transported the cars up and I was very pleased with the whole situation. The transport took a couple of extra days because the driver broke down in Georgia.

It was on a weekend so he couldn't get anybody out. But he was absolutely excellent. He was constantly in touch with me letting me know what was going on and what he was experiencing as far as being able to get somebody out there that would work on his truck. He actually pulled another driver out of Illinois and he had him come down and grab the vehicles and bring them up so they could be here in a timely manner. I was very impressed. I got my vehicles here and I was very happy. I paid what I was quoted. Montway is fantastic and I would definitely recommend them. We're bringing up a Bronco from Texas and I was going to use them again for that because I liked how they work.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, David. It's important to us that we work with the best transporters in the industry. We will be sure to let them know they did an excellent job. We are happy we could help with your move and wish you happy holidays.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

It was good with Montway. I was satisfied with the cost.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

The third-party vendor they contracted with was great. Everything about the service was excellent. They were very receptive and returned any calls. The delivery itself was just after Hurricane Ian and they were 12 hours behind on getting the car to where it needed to go but they made arrangements with the person who was picking it up.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback. It is important to us that we work with the best transporters out there and your feedback makes that possible. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Montway was absolutely amazing and the reps were great from start to finish. The drivers picked up quickly from Thousand Oaks, California and the car got here in Jersey even sooner than we thought. They couldn't deliver it to where we wanted because they needed a lot of room to turn and maneuver so my other daughter and I met them. We knew it was coming on Friday. So I drove up from where I am, an hour away. I would recommend them highly.

The guy who drove the car understood us. We were told by others that oil could possibly leak if you're not on top. And there's an extra charge if you want to go up on top, if you want to be the higher car. I had to turn. I couldn't watch him walking on the trailer because I was worried he was gonna fall off of it. I even gave him more of a tip than I had planned. Some of the other transport companies told me I can't have anything in the car, except for the trunk. I didn't see what having a blanket in the back seat, on the floor, would matter, and my daughter had a few blankets. Montway was good. I would definitely use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Cheryl. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Montway’s customer service was great. My car was here fast and the final cost for the transport was $1,400, which was reasonable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services. Happy holidays!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

It was a little bit slow to get something booked at the time that I liked. But I called multiple times and I finally got somebody that helped me out. Everything from the pickup to the delivery was perfect. The driver didn't necessarily communicate the whole way through but he communicated when he was going to arrive and gave me enough time to prepare. The car was in great condition when it arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear we could deliver your vehicle safe and sound.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

There was a mix of phone calls and online inquiries that had two dispatchers trying to give me some service at the same time. Once we got it narrowed down to one person, everything was great. I paid exactly what was quoted and the vehicle was delivered as promised. I knew about a window of time when the driver would be there, and he was there. They brought it right to the office where it was being delivered. Montway was easy and convenient. They provided quality service.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Montway for professional service. Your feedback helps us continue to deliver the top-tier service we are known for.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Everything went very well. The driver that they used for this move stood up to their reputation of being very good. He texted and also called. The final price was right on the dollar figure they quoted.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your comments. We work hard to work with the most professional drivers out there. Your feedback makes that possible.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

The whole process with Montway didn’t take very long and the transition was very smooth. The only thing I didn’t like at first was when the guy got here, he wanted us to meet him at some complex over on Haggerty and I didn't know where it was. So, my daughter and I had to get in my car and find out where we were gonna meet him so we wouldn't be looking for it when he got there. We found it with no problem. It was a couple of blocks over so, we were okay with that because the driver was driving a big rig.

We were sitting here waiting, because somebody texted us to let us know that the driver was in Ohio, not too far away from us and would be there soon. So, we were waiting and when he called, he was in the driveway. He unloaded the car and drove the car here. So, my daughter took him back to his rig. It worked out and it was awesome. The car was gonna be here on a Thursday and he got here on a Wednesday. So, he got here sooner than we thought. It was all good. The price was reasonable and Montway did a great job. People should go with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jessica. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway Auto Transport.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I was very pleased with Montway’s service. They did exactly what I needed them to and were on time. It was exactly how much they said and they were very competitive in their rate. The communication was great. The driver originally was going to deliver it to where we were staying, which was an Airbnb in a downtown area, but his truck was too heavy to get down these little bitty streets. He called and asked if he could meet us. He suggested a spot and offered that if we needed an Uber, he would pay for it. But we have another car so we just hopped in and went over to where he was. But that was totally not his fault. It was just the nature of where we were staying. Montway delivered our car perfectly. It was exactly the same as it was when we left it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the great review, Bonnie. Transport trucks are enormous and have many restrictions. So it can be difficult for them to service certain areas. But the driver should always work with you to arrange a suitable nearby location. We are happy we could help with your move and look forward to future shipments.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information