4.9/5 (1346 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: April 25, 2022

Montway did a good job. They picked up and delivered when they said they would. Everything went smoothly. It was a long ride but it worked out. The driver dropped the car off earlier than I thought.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Mark.

Original review: April 25, 2022

My experience with them went very well. The move was very easy to set up and they were available when I called. The gentlemen answered the questions that I had over the phone for me. But, two things were a little confusing. I was told that the car was going to be picked up at our house. Then the driver contacted us and said that he needed to meet us at a location close by to our home that was conducive to a large truck for him to load up the cars on. That was fine but I didn't really get that information from Montway ahead of time. They should have given me that information and said, "In case the trucks can't come into your neighborhood, they might have to meet you at a local grocery store or a local area that's large enough for your car to be transported onto the transporter."

The driver that was driving all the cars across to the West Coast told us that he had a large parking lot where my car would be sent and I was to contact them once I arrived. I thought the guy told me I would have to go over and pick it up. But then they told me that they would deliver it to the apartment. So that was a little confusing as well. It took quite a long time trying to get the car over to my apartment. Also, my white SUV was so filthy from transporting across the country. I would suggest that since the SUV was traveling across the country, it might not be a bad idea to either just kind of hose it off. I would have asked for a cover if they had asked me for that.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello. Thank you for your review. We apologize for the confusion. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

Original review: April 25, 2022

They were super fast from the time I booked the move to getting the carrier out. The one they used was a very sweet man and he got here faster than he said. He took really good care of the car. Use Montway. They’d go anywhere in the country.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Ryan. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: April 25, 2022

The driver would text or call me and let me know that he had to stop for the night and when he would be around the next day. He was a little late than what he said he would be the next day, but he did call and let me know what was going on. He did answer the phone when I called him, so that was good. It went as well as it could be expected. The truck arrived with no damage, so that was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi James. Thank you for sharing your experience with the carrier. We apologize for the delay.

Original review: April 24, 2022

They were extremely responsive and always pleasant. I called them back. They had all my information still and they just jumped on it, and within maybe less than a week's notice, I met the local transporter. It was so convenient. It was like giving your keys to a valet. Anything I wanted to know, they give me an update. They said seven days and it got there in five days. The driver accommodated my daughter and they met a little late. It was at eight o'clock at night but in a very bright parking lot. He also gave me the option of how I wanted to pay. The car showed up in perfect condition. I'll be using Montway when we bring the car back. There was no hiccup.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Kristin. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I was shipping my car to my daughter in Seattle and the driver was here on time on the day that he said he was going to be here. It went very smoothly. He picked up the car and he told me the delivery was going to take about a week to nine days but he got there earlier than expected. So that was great. I was very happy with the driver. The car was in great condition when he got there. The service was timely and efficient, and the communication went well. The driver communicated with me by phone and Montway via email.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Lucia. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The only thing that was different was I wasn't sure on the timing. As soon as I put information into Montway's configurator online, I started getting automated calls and emails, literally every day, and I didn't have any more information. I know they were trying to be super responsive and follow up, but it was overwhelming. But they were super responsive. And once I had more details about the timing of the move, they were able to get me a quote almost immediately and arrange the transport very quickly.

I didn't know how much lead time I would need. So, I initially reached out three months before I needed the actual transportation because I didn't have a sense of how fast they could respond. But we made contact the day before. So, I knew roughly the time of arrival and it was right in line with what expectation that they set. We had to meet the courier, which was disappointing because we didn't have a car. And the reason that they gave was they said the truck could only get in certain areas because it was a big one. But the place that they picked was 12 miles away from our condominium. So, we had to take an Uber 12 miles to go to this place where we would pick up the car, which defeated the whole purpose. And I find it hard to believe that there aren't roads closer in that the truck could go because big moving vans come in here all the time. And maybe the truck is bigger even than a moving van, but it seemed odd that we had to meet them there.

The same thing happened on the pickup. Originally, they said they would come to the house to pick it up, but the driver called me an hour before the pickup and said, "Hey, can you come meet me at this Walmart?" It was 15 miles away. And I said, "Well, there's a Walmart that's walking distance from my house. If you can get to a Walmart, you can get the Walmart that's by my house." The driver did that on the pickup. On the delivery, they didn't. They said the car would be at this other location, which was a staging ground for the company. Also, the issue that I had was by the time I actually got ready to move the car, the fuel prices had gone up. So, the quote had to be revised upwards because of the increase in fuel charges. It ended up costing more than I thought it would originally be, but it was very reasonable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, Brent. We're happy to hear that overall you had a great experience. On top of typical truck restrictions, auto transport trailers have unique restrictions of their own such as low-hanging trees. Which greatly prohibits access to certain areas. In such cases, the carrier will arrange alternative locations that they know their truck can access. In any such case, the carrier should be making it as easy as possible for you. We would like to learn more about the arrangements and encourage you to contact us at feedback@montway.com.

Original review: April 24, 2022

They were accommodating when I was scheduling the transport. The driver picked the vehicle up in the morning and dropped it off at night. He let me know where he was on the way and got it to the destination safe. I could see he was being careful with the car. But I had to modify the drop-off location to the adjacent zip code and they added money to the final price for that, which I thought was a little weak. It was only a minor amount, though, so I didn't argue it. Other than that, they did a good job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Shane. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The driver picked up the car at my son's house and then the next morning, the driver called and said that he was here. He was very courteous and helpful. Montway was very reliable and they did a good job. I'd recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello John. Thank you for your review and recommendation. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with the driver.

Original review: April 24, 2022

When I first came down in February to Florida from Hooksett to Fort Myers Beach, Montway's service was excellent. It worked out great. I was very impressed. The driver was Chris and when I met him in Hooksett, he put the car on and it had some salt on it, which was understandable. But when it came down here to Fort Myers, he went through a car wash with all the cars so it washed everything. That was above and beyond. Also, I liked that when Chris and I walked around the car together, any marks on it were written down. He took a picture of the speedometer and the miles. I really liked that. Everything went smoothly. But I’m having an issue now.

I leave on Saturday, the 30th, and fly back to Manchester. I've been trying to figure out when they're going to pick the car up. A couple of weeks ago, the rep said, “Well, we'll pick the car up on Tuesday.” But I told him, “Well, that’s not gonna work, because I’m not gonna be home until the 31st. The car’s gonna be there before me, and I’m not gonna have a check waiting for you. So, that’s not gonna work. The only thing that’s gonna work is if you pick the car up on the 28th or the 29th is better. Because the time for me to get home on Monday, I can go to the bank and get a certified check.” But this morning, they told me that they were trying. I said, “What do you mean, Tuesday? Excuse me, you have Thursday or Friday. That’s it.” The rep said, “Well, Saturday.” But I told him that no one would be there.

The rep told me that they could do a guaranteed pickup for an extra fee. I asked him how much would be the extra fee and he said, “Well, I’m not sure. We got to talk to another department and then get that done.” I told him, “Wait a minute. You’re gonna charge me extra money for a service that I already bought, for a guarantee, and I've been working with you now since the middle of the month?” He also suggested that if they couldn’t get my car, they would have a tow truck company come and get it on the 29th. He said he would have it towed to an area where their transporter can pick it up and bring it back to me. I asked how long could that be and he said that the tow truck area could have it for a couple of days and then, the transporter could have it for a couple of days too. I’ve got personal things in my car so I’m not comfortable with that. But the rep was very nice.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, Louis. I'm happy to hear that you had a previous great experience. Our services are to arrange your shipment with a carrier as quickly as possible. For our standard shipments, to offer more reasonable rates for shipments, we work with estimated dates only. No dates are guaranteed for any reason.

For customers with stricter needs, we do offer premium scheduling services. I would invite you to contact us for a personalized quote. Please contact our expert staff for more info at https://www.montway.com/.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Since this was the first time we were transporting a new car across coasts, we were nervous and inundated with calls and emails from so many brokers. It was difficult to know who to trust and who were reliable. So, I reached out to friends and colleagues who had done this. Everyone of them responded with high recommendations for Montway Auto Transport. Some had used this company to transport 3 cars. So, we booked their service. From the start to the pickup and delivery, we had nothing but very amazing and courteous service from the company and the driver who picked up and delivered the car. The car was received with not a scratch. We will not hesitate to use them in future for such service and would highly recommend them to our friends and anyone who is not sure, like we were when we started to look. Montway Auto Transport, please keep up the good work!

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Satyaprakash. We are pleased to hear you were recommended to us by friends and colleagues. Thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The car was picked up in my residence in Ohio then delivered to my residence here in California. It was the same driver that picked up and delivered the vehicle, and it was timely and without a problem. He seemed knowledgeable too. Overall, it went fairly smoothly and I was pleased with Montway's services.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Montway is a very nice company and I’d recommend them to others. They rescheduled my pickup time in a proper, flexible manner. The driver was very good and there was less worry to handle this so he made my work very easy. The way he handled and addressed the customer in a polite way of talking impressed me.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Chirandeevi. Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I paid good price and I got a quality service. The rep was right on point. It was so good to be true. She said, "If you pay now, you're gonna get your car in like two or three days from now." I said, "Oh, are you serious?" Because I've been going around struggling to get this thing done. She actually did. And she said, "Sir, you don't want to wait till the next day because if you wait the next day, your delivery date will have to be extended. You want to make sure you do it earlier and as soon as possible." She gave me her number and said, "Think about it, this is our rate, and call me back." I was buying the car for my wife, so I called my wife and told her about it. I called her that same day and we set up everything.

I called Montway on a Wednesday. The rep got me a driver that same day and said somebody would be there on Friday to pick the car up. She gave me step-by-step that I could check it over my phone, see when they picked it up and when they were leaving. And the driver was the nicest guy I've ever seen. The car was in mint condition. Like how it was on the showroom floor when they sent the picture. We just have to wash it. The driver said, "Hey, man, I'm sorry about the bugs and everything. But if you wash it, your car will be perfect." I said, "Man, I was looking for scratches, not even bugs."

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway, John.

Original review: April 23, 2022

They came on time and the pickup was well done. I was very happy with my experience and I would refer them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The move was fine. They did as planned and delivered. Things were just as promised.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Evan.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I got good customer service. The driver was here on time. It was quick. There were no scratches or dents on my car. Everything was fine. Montway is a good company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear we met your expectations.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We shipped a vehicle from where my son lives. Montway let us know the cost ahead of time, so that’s what we prepared for and it was what they said it was gonna be. Also, they made the coordination with my son in California and let us know when it was going to be arriving out here in Florida. The communication with the driver was great, and the vehicle got here pretty quick. It was a good experience. We have another vehicle that we're thinking of shipping.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you, Victor, for your review. We are pleased to hear about your overall experience and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Setting up the transport with the rep from Montway was faster than what I thought. The rep told me to give them at least one business day for them to assign a driver. I was expressing the date to be on that Monday so the expectation was set to Tuesday. But everything worked out so fine to where they were able to pick the car up on Monday instead of Tuesday. The pickup was in New York and the drop-off was in Monroe, North Carolina and the transport took about three days. The two gentlemen who came to prick up the vehicle took pictures and had me sign, and the interaction was through text messages to give me updates. Montway is good and makes sure the cars get delivered safely and on time.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Desirae. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Montway Auto Transport was cheaper. I paid for an open trailer, but the trailer that they used was enclosed. So, that was a good upgrade that I didn't expect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Dakotah.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The Montway guys have their own app and they're really good. I was able to communicate with them through the chat every time that I wanted. In less than 10 seconds, they're available for me to chat with. I have suggested to some of my friends to take their services.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway, Venkata.

Original review: April 22, 2022

There was a mistake. It took about a week for them to get the shipper lined up. When he showed up, he didn't have a trailer big enough for the vehicle. I had given Montway all of the information on the type of vehicle. and the carrier said it must have been modified so he couldn't do the move. I called Montway and the guy I talked to was very responsive. He said, "We'll cancel this. I'm gonna find another one." And within two hours, he called me back, and they found another carrier. It was a couple of 100 bucks more expensive and another week later but he was all on top of it. I got three calls that same day. Mistakes happen but I really appreciated the immediate follow-up. The vehicle was picked up and delivered clean and in good shape.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi David. We are sorry to hear about what took place with your initial carrier. We are pleased to know our representative was able to assist and resolve this matter for you. Thank you for your feedback and business.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The communication was great. They delivered the vehicle close to the time it was expected and it was on the same date. So, it was well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Anastasia. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Montway gave me a range of two or three days, and in both directions, it tended more towards the earlier part of that date span than the later. Communication with the driver was good, and the pickup and delivery worked out fine. I expected to see a big trailer carrying three or four cars, but as it turned out, it was much smaller. It wasn't a negative thing, but it caught me a little off guard. Overall, it was a positive experience. The only criticism I would have is once I made an inquiry, I had so many different follow up inquiries that it began to get on my nerves a little. My response was, "When I'm ready to make my decision, when I know the timing, I'm going to call you," but I kept getting calls from different people who I presumed were competing against each other to get the business.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 21, 2022

We talked to the driver when he picked up the car and when he delivered, he went to my son’s house. The car seemed to be the same as when it left. Montway did everything they were supposed to and didn't wreck the car. They did a good service for us.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Tom. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you were pleased with our service.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I'm in El Paso, Texas on a nursing travel assignment and I didn't want to pay for a rental so I had to ship my car here. I was referred to Montway by someone who had shipped her car from Buffalo to California. Montway was super reliable and really efficient. They responded right away and they met my needs. I gave them my card information and told them they cannot charge my card until Friday. They put it on file and worked with me. I really appreciated it. They did a great job.

They said that they would pick up my car within five days and it was picked up. The driver who towed my car kept in good communication with me. When he was halfway here, he called me and let me know. On the day of, I had to work so I was super nervous about meeting him for my car. The geography here wasn't really good for his truck but he did really good at getting my car as close to my house as possible. I walked around the corner and then the car was right there and it was perfectly fine. It was a really good service overall and it was really fast. Everything went according to plan.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Shanon. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We are pleased to hear you were referred to us and appreciate your business.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Everything went perfect. They were there when they said they would be and the delivery went fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Charles.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Scheduling happened fast and they were looking to pick up the vehicle the next day, which was great. The driver was in contact with me throughout the process about when he was able to pick it up. When I called him, he answered. Things worked out okay. Montway did a good job.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate your feedback, Kurt.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Their customer service was pretty quick and assured me that my car would be transported properly in an enclosed trailer and everything else that I wanted. So they did a great job. One of my show cars that we sent down in Tucson, Arizona always sits about 2 1/2 inches off the ground, and they were able to accommodate for that and get it loaded.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Daniel. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 20, 2022

The Transport from pick up to delivery was seamless and simple. Her car was picked up late afternoon and two days later was delivered at our home. The communication was excellent. Montway followed through and all of its commitments. Would highly recommend it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Deborah. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information