4.8/5 (1503 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

The pickup and delivery went nice and smooth. They got there two hours early, which I was good with. Then, they brought the vehicle directly to me, parked it, and did a walk around. Everything was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi William. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Everything with Montway was excellent. Communication was great. I liked the way they reached out. They weren't going to leave me hanging. They were ahead of schedule. The driver let me know when the car was picked up from the Hyundai dealership in Tallahassee. He was four hours early.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Darla. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I was transporting a military Humvee and the other moving companies wouldn't transport it because it was too wide. One of my former bosses said he had transported a vehicle with Montway and he was pleased with them. I gave Montway a call and it worked out wonderfully. The price they quoted was excellent. They reduced it because the first carrier said he'd pick it up and then he declined it. They asked to put it on an open carrier and they lowered the price by a couple $100.

But then, the person that was going to pick up my vehicle got confused with time, the Central Time Zone and Eastern Time Zone, and couldn't pick up the vehicle. Montway said they would schedule it for next week and I told them they better have it here Saturday. They found somebody within two hours. They called me back and said the guy was there to pick it up and to email him this form. They did an extraordinary job arranging it and the delivery guy was very accommodating. I waited a little bit longer than I thought but I was pleased to have the vehicle nonetheless.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Graham. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you were referred to us by a former customer.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I was happy with Montway's service. Their rep was very helpful. The transport was faster than I anticipated. They picked it up on Saturday morning and I got it Sunday afternoon, which I don't think the guy must have stopped for anything but fuel. He was very good. He told me what his approximate time of arrival was and he was right on spot.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi George. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway and the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I was very happy with the experience. The quote they provided seemed reasonable and the driver was a very delightful person. We had to meet a little bit off-site because of the size of his vehicle and it went beautifully.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Constance. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Montway said that I could put a reasonable amount of luggage in the back of my car. They communicated well. When they gave me the name of the driver, I called him. He called me, and he communicated very precisely about what time he was coming. He came at that time, and he delivered a little early. That was good. I was really very satisfied. Go for them. They're very professional, and I like the way they handled things.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jacqueline. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your experience.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

When I contacted them, they seemed quite reasonable compared to some prices I had gotten on a previous trip and they answered questions right away. Not one time did I ever have difficulty getting ahold of someone or at least getting attention to whatever my question was. The transport took 10 days. The driver contacted me a day before he got here. He already had the car unloaded from his truck when I met with him. It was wonderful.

Also, I had to leave my grandson in Washington and he had a favorite thing that I owned. It was a mouse that covered my vacuum cleaner. I put the mouse in the trunk and he called me every day and said, “Is grandma mouse there yet?” When we picked up the car, I went to the trunk, and pulled out the mouse. The truck driver let me take a picture of grandma mouse sitting in his seat and I wouldn't have traded that moment. My grandson was just thrilled. The driver was magnificent. I hope I never have to do it again but I certainly would use Montway if I did.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Patricia.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

We had Montway move a 1957 vehicle from New York to where we live in Virginia. The pickup was in Sherburne, New York, and the drop-off was in Bridgewater, Virginia, and it took them a day to get it picked up and delivered. When the guy got to Virginia, he gave us a call. He wanted to know what time he could drop the vehicle off. We arranged a time at 6 o'clock in the morning. He showed up pretty much right on time and pulled up in front of the house. I asked him if he could drop it off in the back. He said yes. We moved his trailer around back. He unloaded and everything went fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Vincent. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I contacted Montway through the website and I got into a chat session with a fellow there. I was pretty pleased with the transaction. They picked up the vehicle in North Ridgeville, Ohio and it was in Gaysville, Vermont the next day at 4:30. I had a relative meet them at the drop-off point and then I got a call saying that it was all done. It was within 15 minutes it took to drop it off and they took pictures to make sure of everything and it all appeared fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Michael. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Setting everything up was easy and there were no complexities. I chatted with some of the representatives and they were straightforward. There was no bargaining. They gave me the amount and I paid. Somebody then came at the correct time and collected the car in Washington State. The driver and the delivery were what I was looking for. The only thing was we didn't have any communication in between. But there was communication when they were arriving. They called and informed us. On the whole, things were fine. At least, they reached us on the agreed date and the car was good when it arrived in Texas.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Satheesha. We appreciate your review and value your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I had a lot of stops and starts there. I had three different people come out there and it was a mess but they were excellent. Montway really handled it well. Also, they answered all my questions and kept me updated. There's nobody around that does that these days. I've used other people before and I have no idea where the car was or when it was gonna be delivered. Montway had it all nailed down.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Nancy. We are pleased to hear about your experience and appreciate you for choosing Montway.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The transport was fantastic. The shipper I used was very professional, straightforward, and polite. The car was shipped from California to Tennessee and it came exactly as planned in four or five days. I was surprised that the quote was as affordable as it was because the gas prices were really high at the time. I was happy. Everything was great and I would do it again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Leslie. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I called up Sherpa and they told me what it was going to cost and the down payment. I told them I wanted to pay the driver in cash and they said it was no problem. Then, the driver came on time and picked up the vehicle. Everything was really professional and upfront. Sherpa delivered their promise with no problems. I will be using them again in the future.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Adverse. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

It was cheaper to have my car moved than it was to go get it myself. I used Montway before so I used them again. Customer service was good. The delivery of my car was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Douglas. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The Montway rep explained the process step-by-step and everything went exactly like they said it would. You worry, especially when it’s traveling that far. But it was flawless. The driver said the delivery would take a couple of days. And in two and a half days, that guy got it there. I live in a rural area up in the mountains in Linden, Virginia. So, I met the driver down at the bottom of the mountain, near this little warehouse store that we have here in our area. He was polite and great, and I’m 150% pleased.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Linda. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback with our representative and the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

My friend used Montway a couple of times and recommended them when I needed to get my car across the country. Everything was direct and quick. Customer service answered the emails or phone calls right away. From pick-up in Las Vegas to the delivery in Atlanta, that took five days. The driver was great. I asked him to put my car in a garage and he did that. He then left the keys behind. It was absolutely wonderful from the customer service and customer care and anything we needed. I was very satisfied and I definitely recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Lucie. We are pleased to hear you were referred to us by a friend. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

The pick-up location was on a narrow street. So, I was able to get the car over to another couple of blocks away, and then it was a much more conducive transport pick-up area. And even on the drop-off, I was running late, so the driver came the next day instead. So, they were very flexible. The cost was what it was. It was not too high nor too low. It was a good experience with Montway. Their service lived up to what I expected and everything went well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Krandall. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

In the beginning, my experience with Montway was smooth. During the paying stage, there were two options. One can pay or had to deposit it and when the driver arrives, the rest of the balance would need to be paid in cash. I did the second option where I paid in full when I reserved the transportation service. But there was a miscommunication between the accounting department or the reservation department. They charged me again. Finally, they gave me that credit to my credit card so the problem was solved. That took two or three days. The service was fine but there was a two-week delay. The promised date was on June 25 but they delivered the car right after Independence Day, which was the beginning of July. Montway said they needed to find a driver and my mom was waiting for the car. I understand a couple of days of delay but two to three weeks is a little too much.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Samuel. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value your concerns and apologize for your experience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I discussed with the driver, and he was very nice. He came here and dropped my vehicle very carefully. Everything worked out good. Montway did a wonderful job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Sandip.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I was on a tight schedule and the reps were able to work around that. The driver was great. He called me, let me know he was on his way and I met him outside. Everything worked out nice. Whatever the bill that I was quoted was what I paid. I had no problems with that either. I needed somebody to work with me. Montway had to have it down there at a certain time and they were able to get it down there so that was great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi David. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience with the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Montway had the most recognition out of the companies I looked at and they seem to have more reputable reviews than the others. The total transport took five to six days. It was from Minnesota to Los Angeles. There was communication on the day prior and the day of. We met at a unique place. The driver tried to be as accommodating as possible, which was very much respected. He gave me an update when he was a day out and again on the day of the drop-off. He let me know that he was going to be really close to my area. I told him to let me know where he needed me to go. He dropped off the car in a area that was easy for him to turn around because I live in a small neighborhood, just a few minutes away. My wife and I got the car and it was the same as when I dropped it off. Montway is a company that you should consider.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi William. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

The driver was a very good, nice person. The service was really, really awesome. The transport took hardly four days. It was great. I liked it. I got the best deal.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Sushma. Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your overall experience.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Description of complaint: I contacted Montway last week to help transport my car from OH to CA based on their 4.7 rating and 5 star reviews on Consumer Affairs. Customer service were very nice initially and assured me that if I sign for their guaranteed pick up service this will ensure working with the best carrier to transport my car to CA. I did although this was their highest charge but I wanted to make sure I have no issues. The guaranteed pick up date to transport my car was yesterday Aug 2nd and I never received any confirmation of a carrier on Aug 1st so I phoned early on Aug 2nd and they said that they have a carrier and they will send me the carrier and driver info shortly and that the driver will phone at least 2 hours before pick up to coordinate with me.

They did send an email stating that they secured a carrier called White Hawk and a driver called Anton. I tried to reach to the driver and carrier to get an estimated time of when they will pick up my car, but they did not even have a voice mail. So I phoned Montway again and the customer service still assured me that the driver has to phone me at least 2 hours before pick up and they will pick up my car as promised on Aug 2 by 5 pm to transport to CA. At 2 pm my daughter phoned me from home and told me that a person from Miller's Towing came and told her that the carrier sent him to pick up the car because they could not enter the residential area and that the carrier will transport the car to CA on Aug 3rd in the morning.

Montway never took my permission to send a towing company to my home. The person they sent falsely told my daughter that he is transporting the car for the carrier. He was actually contracted by Montway to falsely appear as if they picked up my car so they can charge my credit card for the transport to CA. All they did is towed my car by pulling it on the back wheels, it was not even placed on a carrier. They towed my car without my permission and left it overnight at a junk yard. No carrier was actually assigned. Montway guaranteed pick up dept had no idea when they will find a carrier to transport my car. Thank God I went and picked my car from the Miller's Towing junk yard and found a carrier through M&M Logistics (Jeff) who helped me locate a carrier same day who loaded my car in front of me on the long haul (not towed it to store at a junk yard).

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for providing your feedback, Nivine. I apologize that our services did not meet your expectations. As part of our services, we only contract with vetted and insured motor carriers. We have provided you with confirmation of dispatch for both carriers, as well as full details of services being provided. This includes that we use local carriers as part of our services.

To be clear, this is a completely normal part of any logistics service. If you buy a toothbrush from an online retailer, that package will transfer between multiple trucks and facilities to its final destination. We include the information for the purposes of transparency. By booking with us, you agree and acknowledge the terms of our services as we list on our website. We also confirmed this with you over the phone.

For the purposes of other shippers out there, I think it would be a good idea to explain the timeline and processes. White Hawk was originally set for pickup on 8/2. But they informed us they were running late and the new estimate for pickup was 8/3. This was a guaranteed load date service order. So the shipment had to be loaded on 8/2. In such cases, a local is dispatched to safely load the vehicle and store it in a safe location until the long haul arrives. So a local carrier, Miller, was dispatched to pick up the vehicle and store it until White Hawk was ready on 8/3. Note that depending on the service types or transit route, the package may transfer between other trucks and terminals as well. Again, this is a normal part of logistics to optimize services.

We do expect that every carrier we work with provides adequate communication. So I do apologize for the lack of proper communication from the carriers. We do consider this a serious issue and a contributor to your dissatisfaction with the shipment. So we will be sharing this feedback with both entities. And working with them to improve services.

I apologize again that we did not meet your expectations. But please know that we did provide services per the agreement. If you would like to provide additional feedback, please email us at feedback@montway.com.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I called Montway and everything was great, even with the guy who delivered the car. The final pricing was right on. It was exactly what I was quoted. I would entertain using Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Mark.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I liked the customer satisfaction with Montway and it seemed like they're a very good company. They've been around a long time. Setting up the transport was quite simple. The total pickup and drop-off was two days and it was from California to Arizona. I got to know the driver at the pickup pretty well and he knew what he was doing. At the drop-off, it was the same driver and again, he knew what he was doing. He didn't drive the car right in front of the home. But he was around the corner on the main street so he could unload the transport and just drove my car a block to my home. The car was in the same condition as it was when it left.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Roger. Thank you for sharing your experience with our representative and the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Montway was very transparent with the process of shipping a car. I used them to transport my car from Georgia to Virginia and their communication was very efficient. The driver was texting me throughout the process and I was very happy with how it worked out.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Joyce. Thank you for being a returning customer of Montway. We appreciate your rating and feedback.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Montway showed up when they were supposed to, did what they said they were gonna do, and the price was what it was supposed to be. Everything worked out fine. It always does. I've used them more than once, and I'd recommend them. Among all the groups I've used, they're the best when it comes to transporting vehicles. They're competitive, and that is all one can hope for.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Chris. We appreciate your review and recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

The representative was very helpful and provided required information. I was there at the end location for the delivery and the driver asked me about the signing of the delivery there. The car's condition is very good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Vamsi. We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing your experience with our representative.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Montway was very professional and efficient. I was very happy with it. I had originally selected another company, but they weren't calling me back to set the appointment. I chatted online with a Montway agent who told me that Montway was the number one company and that pretty much, they were pretty sure they'd be able to get a driver and move the car. So, I switched over. Shortly after I did that, I was hooked up with a driver. So, it was pretty quick. I would totally recommend the company.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Julie. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I was impressed with the ability to find and transport my vehicles with a few days of my call. I like their system of emailing me at each stage i.e., received request, sent to transporter, picked up at designated point, delivered. VERY personable, friendly personnel!

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Rebecca.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information