4.8/5 (1503 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

A friend shipped 2 vehicles with Montway and was very happy. Based on this we used them also. We were very happy. The car arrived a day early which was not expected, but nice. If you need to ship a vehicle, you should use Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Randy. Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The driver showed up on time for pick up from Naples, FL and delivered the car to Columbus, OH as promised. We plan use Montway again! They were very thorough in their estimate and told us exactly what to expect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Frank. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I recently shipped my car from the West Coast to the East Coast. Montway made it easy - both pick-up and drop-off. My car even arrived before my furniture! I would definitely recommend them as an easy way to ship your car.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway, Linda.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The Carrier that was assigned to pick up our car in Southern CA and deliver to Northern CA did a great job. He was prompt, professional, kept in touch and did the job properly. Couldn’t ask for more. I would not hesitate to use them again if needed. I wasn’t aware Montway uses contractors but ours was apparently well vetted.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Don. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on the carrier as well.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Montway was always in touch. I knew everything to expect every step of the way. The professionalism and efficiency was outstanding at all times. My car was handled carefully and arrived safely and in time. I highly recommended Montway. I made the right choice!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Alisa. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We appreciate your business and recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I found the company online. They were easy to contact and set up service. As soon as they had a driver they contacted me. The transportation was flawless. Vehicle was picked up and dropped off on time. The team was friendly and easy to work with.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Gina.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Experience was great, start to finish. I would trust this company. Worked with my moving schedule which changed by a few days from original plan, and delivered exactly when they said they would in Florida. I was unsure about option to pay in cash, but it worked out great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Tasha. Thank you for trusting Montway to assist in your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback and business.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Best part of our cross country move. Excellent service and communication. I’d use them again in a heartbeat. Our car was picked up and delivered with the utmost professionalism and Montway’s driver stayed in regular phone contact the whole 2000 mile journey.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Eric. Thank you for sharing your experience with our representative and the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Montway Auto Transport was very easy to work with. The price they quoted me was very reasonable. The gentleman who delivered my car was punctual and professional. I would recommend them to my friends and family if they had a car that had to be shipped or delivered.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Bob. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I had a most satisfying experience with Montway. Easy application, easy payment. Easy coordination. Prices really fair. I would definitely recommend this company to family and friends. The delivery time was incredible. The driver was extremely professional and pleasant. I apologize because I forgot to give him a tip I had ready for him.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your overall experience and appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Montway is great. They are not the least expensive or the most expensive. It was more expensive than most. But others did not have the communication. They did not have the guarantees. I didn't have the confidence in what they were going ahead and offering me. With Montway, their communication is clear. They went ahead and set me up with a guy who was great. He showed up on time where he was supposed to. We communicated when he was going across country, and I was able to pick up the car with no problem. They could have washed the car before I got it but I guess that’s too much to ask.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Gregory. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback on your experience!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I used Montway the first time eight weeks ago and it couldn't have been any better. The car went from Tennessee to Florida and the delivery was within 24 hours. I can't speak highly enough about my first driver. He was friendly, just a beautiful human. Also, I was very pleased with the price. The second time I used Montway, the exact same car was picked up and it was on-time. The delivery could have been yesterday, but I drove back. So, I was behind. The delivery would have been 24 hours, again, which is phenomenal and I asked if there was any way they could bring it to me this morning. And the driver did. There was no extra fee and he was on time. And again, a beautiful person. I couldn’t be any more pleased with Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Becky. Thank you for using Montway and being a returning customer. We appreciate your review of your experience.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Montway's ratings were really good and the price was competitive. Their reps reach out to you, get information about the car, and they're pretty thorough. They're asking, “Were there any modifications to the car?” which there were. So, they really made sure that by the time that truck showed up, that the right truck was gonna be there for the size of the vehicle that I was shipping. So, there was a lot of verification that the purchase was gonna be a successful and smooth one, which was nice. So, just confirmed that.

A few days later, I ran into an issue where a friend of mine that had the car wasn't gonna be available for the first pick-up. Montway was really pretty flexible in terms of figuring out that problem and offering me another solution, which was just changing the date and getting a different driver lined up. There wasn't any impact to the price or any back and forth.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Matthew. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with our representative.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

There was a little difficulty with pick up because we were in a newly built neighborhood with hills, but they were prompt and timely. They did a thorough job of documenting the car, its exterior state and contents of the car. They had great communication when there was a small delay and the car arrived ontime. We were not at the location yet, but workers let them in and he parked it in the garage for us since we had items in it. The price was very comparable and it all went well for a long cross-country transport.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Abigail. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Transported a truck from Wichita Kansas to Slidell Louisiana. The service was rapid and competent. The delivery was made on time, at a convenient time for the recipient of the truck. The cost was reasonable. I would use the service again if needed. Thank you for your help.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Excellent experience shipping my car from Rhode Island to my grandson in California. He would have preferred a car more suitable for a teenager, but he is happy to have a car that gives him better gas mileage!! Thank you for your service!!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Joyce. Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

If I could give Montway transport service a ten rating I would. From the very beginning, the service I received was superb. The dispatcher kept me informed as to when and time of my vehicle would arrive from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale. The driver was professional and also kept me informed. I felt confident in the service I received and there were absolutely no hidden charges. I would and have recommended their vehicle transport service! You will be treated like a valued customer.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Vicki. Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear about your overall experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I cleaned my car thoroughly - inside and out - before I allowed my car to be in possession of Montway Auto Transport, and they gave me back a dirty, nasty vehicle and kind of laughed about it. Montway Auto Transport is an auto broker. They find auto carriers to transport your car across country. They had 5-star ratings. So, I thought they would be a great company. The customer service representatives are very professional. They are transparent on the pricing, and their agents arrived to pick my car up at the time they specified. I was elated with the service UNTIL SAMANTHA delivered my car.

SAMANTHA works for US Auto Transport based in CUMMING, GA. She was very nice and personable. She called me while my car was in-transit to let me know that she would be arriving late due to unforeseen problems with her truck. Because she kept me informed daily, I was not as upset about the delay. That was the positive part of the experience. When the car arrived, I noticed that it was bottom loaded and not top loaded as I requested. I paid an additional $75 for it to be top loaded, but I didn't get the service. SAMANTHA explained to me that it was safer from damage to be bottom loaded than top loaded, but they never refunded me the money.

Then, I looked inside the car. I was LIVID! My car has never been so dirty. There were dirt marks all over the seats and the floor was full of debris and dirt. I put paper mats down for them to step on, and they disregarded them completely and moved them to the side. Furthermore, if you're only moving my car to get it on a truck, why do you need to change my radio station to ROCK music? I am convinced that if I checked my USB drive that they took my car on a joy ride. I rarely listen to any music in my car unless I am driving on long trips, and I NEVER LISTEN TO ANY RADIO STATION.

It was A NASTY EXPERIENCE. I will never move with Montway Auto or US Auto Transport again. I wanted WHITE GLOVE SERVICE. I got a dirty mess. Move your car with an interior auto carrier and make sure the driver is clean. My car was less than a year old with less than 6000 miles on it, and it was treated like an old jalopy. I am not happy with their service at all. See the pictures below.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello, we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience. We have emailed this reviewer to try and provide additional assistance and to understand the details of what happened. Unfortunately, we did not receive a reply. We would ask that the reviewer contact us at feedback@montway.com at their earliest convenience. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Every time I come to Florida, I'll call Montway to transport my car. I don't use anyone but them. I transported two cars back and forth from New York to Florida about four times. I even stopped counting because I just use it. They're very efficient. Someone will call and set up a time, and I will fill out the application. The drivers update me every step of the way, letting me know the estimated time when they would be there. I've never had a problem with my car. My car was perfectly safe, no damage and everything was intact, and it was seamless. Montway's prices are competitive. It's a little bit less. The third time I was going to use it, I tried looking at other sites and those prices were way higher. So I went back to Montway.

I will recommend anyone that I know who wants to get their car transported safely and at a reasonable price. Plus, the process was so easy. My experience was awesome and I was very satisfied with the process. Everyone that I came in contact with was very friendly and informative, and the drivers as well. I experienced about four drivers and they were all great. They will call me and keep communication open and to the point of delivery. Their estimated time is perfect. It’s right on time.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jennifer. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Everything was done over the phone and it was great. The prices with Montway were good and where it should be. The driver got out here quick. It was a couple of days shorter than I was expecting and there were no problems. He gave me a heads up a few hours before, let me know where he was at and when he was gonna be here. The vehicle was pristine when it arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Ray. We appreciate your review. Thank you for sharing your experience with our representative and the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

We were moving to another military base and Montway was able to accommodate our schedule. The specific deliverers we had were fantastic. They were able to accommodate everything that we asked them to and they were always easy to get in contact with. Then, the car was received just the way it was picked up and the cost was fair.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Michael. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your feedback and business.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I needed to transport a car from Southern California to Washington State and through Montway, it only took three days. The driver was really nice and he got the car to the destination in a good time. The cost was great, too. It was the cheapest one we found. We would use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Allison. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Montway delivered ahead of schedule and that was perfect for us. The driver was also very good and the cost was what we could afford.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Edith. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Montway's schedule fit mine better than the other companies I looked at. They were rather indefinite as to when they would pick the car up and a couple of them scheduled a wrong date. So, Montway's service was superior to them. The driver was a perfect gentleman and the delivery was perfect as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Lewis.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Montway did a great job. They were very professional and very upfront. I talked to them on the phone, and they were very professional. They sent email confirmations to outline the entire process and what my charges would be. They outlined everything from point A to point B. It was a very quick way that they did things because two and a half days after the emails began, my car was delivered. I would recommend the shipping company to anybody. I've used them twice in the past couple of months.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Oretha. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you are a returning customer and appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Picked up on time and delivered on time as promised. Easy to reach for any questions I had about dates of pickup and delivery. The car had no damage except had to be washed (not included;). Would use again if ever needed. Although car arrived before us due to having lost a day in travel (tired driving). Driver of delivery truck worked with my realtor to accept Venmo payment.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Angelo. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

If the driver was delayed, he kept me informed that he was delayed a little bit, not a lot. So I knew what was going on. Everything that they said they would do, they did it on time. Also, I was transporting two cars and whatever Montway quoted me for that remained as is, so nothing was surprising at the end. Montway is one of the best companies, and I told one of my friends to go and get it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Rakesh. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Montway's transporter was wonderful. He kept me updated the whole time, FaceTimed me and made sure everything was good. Everything went seamlessly. Go for Montway. They did a great job. I felt comfortable, and they kept me updated.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Victoria. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on the carrier.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

My experience with Montway was a little dicey in the beginning but the end was very good. Their reps told me what was gonna happen and it didn't happen the way they said it would. I told people to come in on a Thursday morning and they showed up on a Wednesday night without telling me they were coming. But I worked it all out and everything got done. The driver was in communication with me very well and he was very good at what he did. It didn't take him very long to get here and it all worked out fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Rick. We apologize for the beginning of your process and are pleased to hear everything ended well.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I called Montway for them to ship a Toyota, and the experience was good. The driver was very good and nice. Communication was great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Naoufal. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information