4.9/5 (1346 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: April 29, 2022

The gentleman from Montway worked around my time so that I could be there when the car was delivered. So, that was good. Also, Montway is a lot cheaper than the other transport companies. Setting everything up was not a problem. They just sent me the email about when they could do the service and I agreed. Then they told me when it was coming. When the driver was close, he was behind a day, which was all right. He told me about it and the next day I was going to be busy, so he went and delivered the other cars before he came back to me, so that he can do it on my time. So, he was pretty good about the whole thing. The car came in good shape, too. There were no scratches or dents. I always stick with Montway. I've had like four cars delivered with Montway. They're the quickest and the cheapest.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the amazing review, James. We're always working hard to provide the best service and prices possible. We're happy to hear we could provide top-notch service. Looking forward to the next move!

Original review: April 29, 2022

On Montway's website, they have an excellent frequently asked questions tutorial thing about how the process works. Also, Montway was on the ball. My experience was very smooth.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Eric. Thank you for your feedback on our website and your experience.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Montway sounded good to me. The drivers came the day that they said and picked up the car. It was here in record time and even beat us here. I was very impressed. Everything went smooth as can be and I would definitely recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Wanda. Thank you for choosing Montway and sharing your experience.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Working with them was quick and simple. The vehicle got inspected when it got picked up and when it got to the drop-off spot too. The quality of service was perfect and it was at the perfect price.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Matthew. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: April 29, 2022

The Montway rep I spoke with was knowledgeable and helpful. Their pricing was reasonable. The delivery was great. The driver called me two hours in advance. When I got home, an hour and 45 minutes later, he was driving the vehicle off of the lift and into my driveway. It was easy. I’d tell others to use them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Scott. Thank you for your feedback on our representative. We appreciate your business and recommendation.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Using them was excellent. They have great customer service. Everything was like the way they explained. My expectations were surpassed. I'm happy and I wish that all the transport companies are like Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Maria. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Montway exceeded my expectations. From the second I made the first call till we were all set, it took about 45 minutes. They picked up my car the next day, which was at a car dealership. Then it arrived at my home, which was 700 miles away, the next afternoon. It was the best transporting. The car was in great shape. The driver was a delightfully nice man. He dropped the car off right as he said he was going to. I was blown away when the car arrived in my driveway on Saturday. I couldn’t say enough good things about this experience.

This transport cost half as much as the last time. Montway was really easy to work with. I got a human being that I could talk to. I didn’t get a computer system or they were routing me to who knows where. It was the person who was actually going to book the delivery person and the driver. The driver told me that the car would be likely picked up on Friday. But not only did they tell me, he called me and said, “Okay, we’re at the dealership right now. We’re picking up your car.” Then it was confirmed by my salesperson from the dealership. So the communication was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. We are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Every aspect of planning to move my Vette across country went smoothly. Montway clearly states what their price will be, how much upfront then on delivery. You decide on the date you need and they were there on time. The car was inspected by the driver and myself before leaving complete with pictures. the driver kept us informed when the car would be delivered, called before showing up and was wonderful about caring for the car the whole trip across country and on delivery. Montway was a wonderful company to work with and I would use them again without hesitation.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Rosemary. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: April 28, 2022

The driver was cool. Everything was great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Kevin.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I was very pleased with the service Montway provided. The pricing was fair and it was very easy to schedule pickup. They were able to pick up the day after I called and I had the car within 6 days for a 1400 mile trip. I was kept up to date on its progress and the carrier was very helpful with updates. The driver was very courteous and professional. I had never shipped a car before and the process was much easier than I expected. Very satisfied!!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Joan. We are thrilled to hear you were pleased with our service. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 28, 2022

It took a week to find a trucker. It is the longest time it has ever taken. But the transport took four days.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review and patience with us.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Working with Montway was a good experience. I called and they gave me a quote, and followed through in a timely fashion. I would recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Sean. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and recommendation.

Original review: April 28, 2022

The customer service and the communication was the best part of using Montway. The driver let me know what was going on and it went without any hiccups. We communicated through texts and phone calls. Also, they sent an email letting me know that the vehicle had been picked up and all that stuff. Then, they showed up a day early for the delivery. I was really happy with them and when I do it again, I'll probably call them first.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services!

Original review: April 28, 2022

The driver was good. But the pickup was annoying because they were supposed to do it on a certain day but they didn’t pick it up. They said the truck broke down. Otherwise, it was a good experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Jason. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the pickup. We do our best to provide timely service. Changes in the schedule may occur for a wide variety of reasons, many beyond anyone's control. We'll be sure to provide this feedback to the carrier and work with them to improve services. If we can help again in the future please let us know.

Original review: April 28, 2022

We compared Montway with other companies, and their customer service got back to us right away. The other companies took 24 hours, and we thought, “Okay. If you're slow in responding, then you're gonna be slow in bringing my vehicle.” Montway's pricing is right on target too. We are in Texas, and we priced it flying down there with two persons to New Jersey and bringing the vehicle back, and it ended up being the same price. Overall, our experience was very good. During transport, we had several calls just to locate where the driver was at, and he called letting us know that he was an hour out. Our neighborhood has fairly big roads, so 18-wheelers and everything else can travel through. He was able to deliver the car right in front of the house.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Gibson. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We appreciate your business and review.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I liked Montway's prompt responses. It was a fine experience. I would recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Kimberly. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. The pricing was very accurate. The delivery was excellent. I talked to my daughter and she said that the car was good and on time. She's happy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review on our representative, Peter.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I was going from California to Florida and I needed to use some format to get the two cars cross country. Everything was good with Montway. It was quick and it was on schedule. I felt comfortable that I was giving my cars away. It wasn't really cheap, but it was pretty much what I expected. If I had to do something like this again, Montway would be the company I’d go with.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Luke. Thank you for choosing Montway. Should you need to transport another vehicle, we look forward to assisting you.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The transport was about 1,800 miles and it only took them about four days. It was really quick. I had a good experience with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Phillip. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 27, 2022

We did a Google search on who had the best numbers out there and that was Montway. They had an A+ rating. I was very leery of putting my Jeep Wrangler on a transport truck and then disappearing. After I scheduled the service, the driver got ahold of me a day before and he was very friendly. We were already in Texas so my daughter put my Jeep on the truck. The driver called me a couple of different times on the way down here and he called me when he was getting ready to drop off my Jeep.

The driver didn’t realize that my Jeep was a lifter Jeep when he showed up. He had to put it on the very end of the truck and he said he had no problems. When the Jeep arrived, it had a lot of bug debris on it going from Washington State to Texas. Other than that, the quote we were given never changed. On the whole, we were very happy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Ricky. Thank you for choosing Montway, to assist in your auto transport. We appreciate your review.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Everything went really smoothly and I was pleased with Montway. Their independent contractor was really professional as well as very friendly and knowledgeable. They were great and I couldn't ask for better. It was a husband and wife team, and they must have just happened to have been right nearby. They picked up the car the next day after I won it at an auction, and it was delivered almost less than two days after I bought it. The quote was also exactly the same as the final bill, and considering the price, it was a pretty incredible deal. The car was exactly like in the pictures when it came, and they've documented everything before too. I could tell with the way they were working, getting it off the trailer, they were really careful with everything.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Daryl. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience and thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: April 26, 2022

It was very simple service and I was very happy about it. My brother was very happy about it too. They gave a timeframe and it was right in the window. The employee that dropped the off was very good. The final cost was what they said it would be.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Chris. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you were happy with our service.

Original review: April 26, 2022

When I called them, they were really responsive. The independent drivers did really well. We had three cars moved. One driver did two cars and one did the other car. The only issue we had was that we had to pay cash when the car was delivered was the way we signed up for it, but it wasn't like that for the other two cars. So, it was kinda confusing. That is okay if you know what's happening, but when you gotta scramble for $700 cash right then it was kinda frustrating. But other than that, the service went great. The guys were great and the timing was perfect. The service was of good quality for the cost.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Michael. Thank you for your review. We will definitely notify the appropriate department of your concerns.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Customer service was very good. The coordinator kept me informed about when he'd be there and who was the transporter.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Joseph.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Montway had better reviews on price. I used them and everything was good. I initially thought a truck would come in front of my house and they would put the truck in it, and take it away. But that wasn't what happened. Instead, someone came by and picked up the car and took it away. It was confusing that someone had to drive my car. The car went from Florida to Arizona. The quote was exactly what they told me it was going to be. WHen the car arrived, it was great and there were no issues with it. Montway did a good job. Even when the other provider cancelled, they were still able to find someone else quickly to come get the car. I wasn’t happy about it but I understand that things happen.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Dolifet. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist in your auto transport. We apologize for any confusion and appreciate your understanding.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Montway beat everybody else's pricing by $300. Also, they picked up on time and delivered before time. The driver was very responsive and gave me updates when he was coming and waited for me to drive off the car. He has good responsiveness. Everything was on point. Go for it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Santhosh. Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had a schedule within which I needed to get the transport done, and I was able to get in touch with the person in time. The quote was pretty competitive. I checked the quote with the other providers also. Final cost was good too, but there was one issue with the delivery. It was supposed to be to a home delivery, but I had to go to Walmart, which was six miles from my home, and get my car. I didn't have any car so I had to take a cab. I was rather hoping to get my car at my home, and they could have brought it to me, because I've seen other trailers coming over here. Other than that, I was contacted 24 hours prior, then an hour before the driver was coming in. That was pretty good. Even though I had to go over to Walmart, I’ll still recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Saurabh. We apologize for the inconvenience. Drivers do their best to deliver vehicles as close as possible to your home. There are multiple factors that can prevent the driver from delivering to your door. These include but are not limited to narrow streets, low-hanging trees, speed bumps, tight turns, etc. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Original review: April 25, 2022

"1-5 business days for pickup" turned into 20, and then another 15 for delivery, but that's not what they said prior to billing CC $1219.00, I gave them date windows that were fine prior to paying. You just can't trust what Montway says. More than likely the person they assigned it to would call back and need more money because they couldn't find another partial load so they would want me to pay more, you cant trust Montway. If you don't care about time then you can get 40% better rates from haulbikes and others. Montway charges for quick pick up and delivery, but after you pay the story changes.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Sven. Thank you for notifying us of your experience. We strive to provide our customers with the best service. The quote and dates provided are estimates based on the data collected from our tools and resources.

As the leading auto transport broker in the industry, we offer a variety of services to meet customer needs. If you are looking for expedited services for your shipment, we would encourage you to contact us for a custom quote. Please see our website at: https://www.montway.com/expedited-auto-transport for more details.

Unfortunately, we're unable to confirm the reviewer is a customer of Montway based on the information provided here.

If you would like to discuss this further, please email us at feedback@montway.com. Thank you for your business, and we value your feedback.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Montway got the job done. I talked to the driver before he picked the vehicle up. Then, he shot me pictures. When he got down there, he shot some more pictures showing that he got the vehicle there. It had a little salt on it but you expect that when they have salt on the highways. It wasn't a big deal.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Billy. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Montway Auto Transport was very efficient and responsive. We got the car back three days before they said they would start heading out with it, because they had a hold to put it on. That makes a difference. The only thing is, if the young man had called me, I could have diverted him from going through downtown Tucson. I could have just had him come to the interstate, but he didn't. He told me when he was on the edge of town and how long it would take him, but he said, "I had to stop at all those lights." But they were good and they dropped it off on the street three houses from us. It was close by. And the guy was very cordial. I would use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Pamela. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information