4.8/5 (1503 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My daughter was moving across the country so I needed to ship the car. Montway told me how much that would cost and that was fine. The final pricing was exactly what they quoted me. The rep I spoke with answered all my questions and he knew what he was talking about. Everything was good. The transport was from New Jersey to California. The driver picked up the car on a Friday. They actually wanted to pick it up sooner but I said no because that was gonna be too soon. My daughter wouldn't be out there yet. We rescheduled and everything was good.

They got the car to the destination by Tuesday. My daughter had to meet the driver somewhere that was a couple of miles away from where she was because he couldn’t go down the narrow streets. It worked out fine. The car was very dirty when it arrived and my daughter had to take it to the car wash. She said it was like it drove through a dust storm. Other than that, it was fine. Use Montway or at least look into using them because we had a really good experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you, Debra, for sharing your feedback. We also appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Use Montway! I had two 2021 vehicles going from Michigan to Florida, and everything was fine. The cost was insane, but everywhere is high, so there's nothing one can do about it. The driver was a great guy too.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I've done business with Montway in the past. I also own a small business, which is an auto dealership. I ship about six cars with them and because I never had any issues, I used them again. I set everything up online. I was shipping a car to my son. The first carrier promised to pick up the car by a certain day and they didn’t. At that point, I had to reach out to a representative. I called and said, “Hey, I need you to cancel that and find me a carrier who can pick up this car.” Then Montway assigned another carrier to the job, and he picked up the car as promised. There were no problems from that point.

The driver called me and we discussed where I was. I drove the car to pick him up, which was a block or so, because the truck was too large to go down a residential street. Then he dropped me back off at my home and drove the car to his truck. The car was going from Phoenix, Arizona to Conway, South Carolina. So it was a pretty far distance and it took him almost a week. He had given me a specific drop off date. I texted him to ask him what time and he responded. Then when he reached the destination, he let me know he was there, and if the car had been dropped off.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Arlene. Thank you for being a returning customer of Montway. We are pleased to hear about your experience and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Montway is faster than everyone else and their price is cheaper. I would highly recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review of your experience with Montway, John.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

The rep was great. But the car was supposed to be picked up July 23rd to be here when I arrived on the 27th and it never got picked up. Also, the guy who was supposed to call me didn't call me back. I ended up calling him twice and he said, “Call the company. I’m just being dispatched.” Eventually, they picked up the car a week after I was here. So I was stuck. I had to rent a car.

Other than that, I was satisfied. I used them again a couple of weeks later. It was the first car that they gave me problems with. But the problem is the driver they dispatched who wasn't very reliable. He called them and told them that he wasn’t going to make it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Emma. Thank you for your feedback on our representative. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the carrier but appreciate you letting us know.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Everything was good, and things went accordingly. The timing was great. The driver told me he was gonna be here at 8 o'clock in the morning and he was. It took them a week ‘cause I'm all the way across the other side, from East Coast to West Coast.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Dalvin. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Montway has the best prices and I had a real person that I could lean on their experience, which was positive. I found it to be very quick in terms of setting a day, scheduling when they were coming up. I was getting initial information about how it worked and the cost. That was very helpful. The driver was contacting me, letting me know when they would be picking it up and when I was gonna get it. Even delivering my car, I got it earlier than expected. They gave me a call when they were 20 minutes away. We were able to coordinate. It was a very smooth process which I appreciated. I'm very satisfied. If I have to move again in a distance like that, I’ll use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Montway to assist with your auto transport, Ashley. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The service is clean and neat. Communication is good. The transfer was very good. I appreciate the fast service and I like it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Runbang. We appreciate your feedback on your experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I bought an antique car and wanted it brought to New Mexico. Once Montway got a driver to pick it up, they came right away. It took a couple of days, which was real good. We communicated on email and it was good too.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

My experience for the pickup part of it was good. The guy showed up. They loaded the vehicle in the truck and took it away. I had it shipped to my father’s address and he said it arrived in good shape. It was delivered when expected, and he was notified. Overall, it was very good. The people who I contacted through the chat system online kept me informed, answered my questions, provided me with the quote and set up the shipping.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Brian. Thank you for your review and for utilizing our chat feature.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Very pleased with the overall service. The car was examined before being loaded onto the truck and the driver was very careful to document everything and ensure that the load was still at the correct height. The dispatcher and the driver were in frequent contact regarding arrival at both pick-up and drop-off. Everything happened within the expected timeframe.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Debra. Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear you were pleased with your overall experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The company that picked up the vehicle called the Friday of when they were picking up the vehicle and they were clear that they'd pick it up. They gave me a range and the latest delivery date when the car would arrive. That part was okay. The one part I wasn't too happy about was that there wasn't any real update on where the car was up until right before it got delivered. Also, they couldn't deliver it to my house. But once I saw the gigantic truck it came in on, it made perfect sense. I had to meet them but it was at a super convenient location. Other than that, the driver was great and the condition of the vehicle was as expected.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Kurt. We are sorry to hear communication from the carrier didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your understanding as to why the carrier delivered your vehicle to a nearby location.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I got a new car and gave my old car to my sister in Massachusetts. The person that I set up the transport with was amazing. She answered all my questions and was patient, knowledgeable, and efficient. She made me feel good about my choice. The delivery was fast too. The car got there in three days, and the guy, Baja, was also great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi James. Thank you for your review of our representative and the carrier.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Everything went well with Montway. I will use the service again. We booked then the driver reached out to us in two days. He gave the exact location, which was very close to our house. He was extremely punctual. We were flying to our new location and he coordinated with us when we are going to land. If he would be earlier or later, he would come late. The day we landed was the day he was also going to be in that city. He dropped the car at our hotel at the exact time he stated.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Sardar. Thank you for your review of your experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Everything went smoothly with Montway and the timelines were good. I planned it to take a little longer because I needed to be here to get it on the other end and they met whatever timeline I needed. The transport took a week. They sent me emails through a portal and I got text messages as well.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Larry. We are pleased to hear we were able to meet your deadline.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Everything was good. The Montway reps were pleasant, did what they said, and the service cost what it was supposed to. From Iowa to California, the transport took three days and it was good. Communication was by phone and text, and they were very reachable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jennifer. Thank you for your review of your experience with our representative and the carrier.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The experience with Montway wasn't very good ‘cause the motorcycle got here laying on its side. The guy tied the motorcycle down from the handlebars. The handlebars collapsed downward and the bike fell over on its side. When he got there, he said, “Why would you buy this piece of junk anyways?” He didn't take it seriously at all. It was not what I expected. It was already in a wreck but a new dent was there because of what he did.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

The driver was polite and timely. He communicated with me via phone and text messages, in an effort to smooth out any concerns, as it related to the timing and the delivery of the vehicle to my son. I really appreciated the boost to my confidence that Montway Auto Transport was able to provide, during the vehicle pick up and delivery. Thank you.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Kim. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I was very happy with Montway and I would use them again. I went online and got my quote, and it was very fair. I was contemplating flying out there and driving the vehicle back, and I would have been within $200 of cost out of my pocket to do it, plus I’m gonna waste 24 hours of driving. A gentleman called me and confirmed the pickup date. When they had the vehicle in their hands, they let me know that as well as when they were getting ready to drop it off at my house. So, they were great. I got the vehicle and there were no damages.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi William. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I like Montway very much. They’re efficient and fair. The price was right and the communication was excellent. The driver picked it up on a Friday and told me that the car would be delivered on Sunday. He let me know all the time where he was and he arrived earlier than expected. He called on Saturday and said he was there much earlier. It went very smoothly though he could have called me the day before he picked it up because he called me the morning of.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Dianne. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your experience.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Montway was professional. I've had a great experience. I've been using them for a while. I've shipped a few cars. As a matter of fact, I have another car that's gonna be shipped within the next month. They’ve been very helpful and they totally understand me. I would really recommend them. I wouldn’t use anybody else.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Robert. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Driver arrived on time. The load was quick and secure. We stayed in touch. Car was delivered correctly as he and I had agreed. Everything was in order and undamaged. The driver was pleasant and congenial. The cost was in line with my expected price.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jake. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I've had nothing but great interactions and results with Montway! always on time and car is safe. Price is competitive. Trips have been from Washington, DC to LA and back. ALways convenient with good communication. Drivers very responsive and on time. Thanks Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Melissa. Thank you for being a returning customer of Montway. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Vitaly was my driver. The most important part is the initial contact from the driver. He reached out the night before the pickup. Excellent communication from initial contact to loading and leaving. Very professional job done quickly and efficiently. Would definitely recommend their services.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Steve.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Very happy with the pick up and delivery of my car. Went from SC to CO and driver gave call before he came and before car was dropped off. Price was what was quoted. Overall a good experience! Would definitely recommend!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Dianne. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you were happy with our service and appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Working with Montway, before getting it all arranged, was excellent. Whether I did it by text, by phone or by email, they were very responsive. I found that to be nice and well-coordinated. Then, they picked the car up a day early and it was delivered a day early too. All of it by notifying people so, you couldn't ask for better. Montway got great service.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Walter.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

The rep with Montway was very detailed and knowledgeable. He gave us a good idea of what to expect. The pricing was also better than the other company. The driver picked the car up at a Target parking lot because our street was too small. We watched him load up the car. He was super nice. He sent us texts throughout his trip to let us know where he was. He helped us arrange for the drop-off because my realtor was the one who met him in Dallas. He was helpful coordinating that for us. He dropped it off right on our driveway. It was quick. There’s a small scuff on one of the handles of the car that wasn’t there before, but that’s it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Erin. Thank you for your review and sharing your experience.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Montway took a day longer than they originally said it was going to be, but they delivered it and I was happy. The driver called me and said he was going to be there in about an hour and gave me a specific time. We drove down there. He walked the vehicle, and he documented it all the way around, so that he could put his report in that nothing had happened to the car. He gave me the keys, and we were done. I'd recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Charles. We appreciate your review and recommendation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The actual transport of the car was good and successful. The lead up to it not so much. The website says one needs only a week in advance for pickup. I gave a week but got no feedback on when the driver would pick up. We got close to our absolute deadline with no pickup. We then had to pay a lot more for a "guaranteed" pickup date. After that things went OK.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Jill. I am happy to hear that the transport went well. But I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the lead-up. The standard pickup window for shipments is one to several business days from your first available shipping date. On average, we are able to ship within 5 days from this date, but depending on route, seasonality, availability, and more, it may be longer. We offer premium logistical solutions for shippers who need their vehicle picked up on an exact date.

Your feedback is vital to us providing the best service possible. We will make sure to review this in more detail to help improve services.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Very Satisfied with the experience. I found the customer service was friendly and helpful. The delivery driver was courteous and professional. The equipment was first-rate. The shipment was fast and very well coordinated. I would use this company again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Michael. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with our representative and the carrier.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information