4.9/5 (1346 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: May 4, 2022

Montway is one of the most responsive companies and they got back to me fast. Their customer service was quite personable. The rep I was in contact with was very helpful in answering questions. Pickup and delivery went pretty well. The quote we got was pretty good given the positive experience I had as a customer.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Adrian. Communication is very important to us in order to deliver the best service. We are happy to help any time!

Original review: May 4, 2022

I used Montway once before and everything went great. I had their phone number and I called them directly the second time I needed their service. The guy that set up the transport for me was Vadim and he was great. I was an auto dealer so I've shipped thousands of cars. Since I haven't been an auto dealer, this is my second time shipping a car. Montway was awesome and the guy that delivered the car was really good. For trucking, they're usually abrupt people and get what you want when you want it, and you don't get it on time. There's always something but I didn't find that with Montway. That was why I called them a second time and I had used them again.

I was told the transport would take about 8 to 10 days. A guy came out and took a picture of the car. I shipped the car from Washington State then I flew to Florida, the following day, where it was going and accepted delivery here at my house. I would call the driver and he would call me. I knew where he was at and what was going on all the time. If I missed them, they always called back. Trucking companies are notoriously terrible about all this stuff but the people I had for my transport were not.

They delivered the car when they said they were going to. I would definitely recommend them. My car was a 2012 Camaro ZL1 that's got 12,000 miles on it. It doesn't have one single scratch anywhere on it. They brought it here and they walked around the whole car with me at the same time. They did everything and made sure I was happy.

Trucking companies lie all the time and are terrible. They don't do what they say they're going to do and they don't show up. Montway did all the opposite of that. They showed up when they said, there wasn't any damage to the car, and there weren't any more charges. The drivers I had were not like the old abrupt sort of burnout old truck drivers. They were nice people that care for your stuff. It was a great experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for being a loyal customer of Montway. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Montway's people were good. But one of the initial drivers who would pick up the car bailed out. But Montway found somebody within 24 hours to pick up the car and it was delayed by one or two days. But I felt so good that they were on top of it that I didn't let it bother me. I would use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: May 4, 2022

I contacted and spoke with three different companies. Everyone knew the car that I was transporting and no one suggested that I would need a trailer with low ground clearance on it. I got pricing for an enclosed, and then the woman from Montway said they would recommend doing it enclosed. She explained why and it made sense. She was the most helpful and was patient with me. I was very pleased. I would recommend Montway in a heartbeat.

It was pleasurable. The company that they picked has a contract with Ferrari to move Ferraris around. Also, they were picking up another car in Fort Collins. The driver was also the nicest. He was very thorough. He noted everything. He walked around the car and took pictures, said my car was the easiest car in his load because it was the smallest. He was very careful. He also showed me another car that he was carrying. He was on time, despite the fact of getting out of Fort Collins a day later than he anticipated. It couldn't have gone better. The only way it could have gone better if it would have been less expensive, but they know what they're doing.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Montway, Robert. We appreciate your business and recommendation.

Original review: May 3, 2022

My experience with Montway was excellent. I had a 1941 shipped from CA to NJ without any problems. I did not have a deadline to meet and it took about a week to get a driver and it was delivered without any issues in about 5 days.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I had a very pleasant experience with Montway. They were really easy to work with. The driver was here at 8 o'clock in the morning just like he told me he would, and pulled up in front of the house. We unloaded it and we rolled it in the driveway and to the back of my house. They weren't the cheapest but I was happy with them. I would use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you, George, for your review. We look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Montway had good communication. Everything was done as explained. The car was picked up and delivered timely. The driver kept us updated. The quote was exactly what they told me it was gonna be and because I had all the year, make, and model, they gave me a discount. Everything kinda worked out. So, it was a great experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Valeria. Communication is incredibly important in auto transport. As each shipment is unique, having as much detail as possible makes it much easier to find the right transporter to do the job. We look forward to future moves.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Everything was good. I called a couple of times, found out where the car was and when it was coming. A guy came here and dropped off my car. He helped us unload it. It was in one piece, so I was happy. It was also here in a timely fashion and I was surprised how fast it got here. I'll use Montway again. They are the most dependable transport company. They even delivered a car for my friend in Hawaii.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jeffrey. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: May 3, 2022

I moved from Maryland to Arizona and got my two cars transported by Montway. That took three days and the service was pretty good. The driver texted and called then we set up a place for him to meet because it was just too tight to come into the neighborhood to drop the cars off. The driver was pretty good. The only thing was the cars were really dirty when we got them. There was a car that was over the top of ours that leaked oil down the front. But we cleaned the cars and everything came off with no harm to the paint.

The cars were on the same transport and the quote we got was also consistent all the way around. The prices were actually comparable to another place. It's just the other place offered to clean the vehicles before they dropped them off. That aside, I would use Montway again. I was actually thinking about using them again to move a motorcycle if they do that.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Kenneth. We do transport motorcycles and are happy to assist you with the transport.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I deal with Paul and he's an outstanding gentleman. He takes care of me every time and makes sure that my needs are met. I can contact him by phone and text message. He is always friendly and takes the time to figure out what's going on and what I need done. But some of the drivers have been really bad. had one driver wreck one of my cars. And then I had another driver deliver a car to the customer, and the vehicle was damaged by the driver. And he tried to pay my customer 300 bucks to make it go away when there was over $2,000 worth of damage. can't even get in touch with the driver and company right now because they're dodging my phone calls ‘cause they need to pay the bill to have this car repaired. I'm about to lose the deal and the customer wants to return the car which is going to cost me $87,000. But as far as Montway themselves, they're friggin’ spectacular.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Mark. Thank you for your review. We also sent a private message in hopes of being able to assist in your challenges with a carrier.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Everything was alright and the driver got there on time.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Robert. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I had a very good experience. They picked up the vehicle from home, and they delivered it to our apartment at Florida. The timeliness, the appointment they gave, the delivery time, everything was positive.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Nasser. We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I was very pleased with Montway. The gentleman that picked up my car was amazing. I originally started out with Sherpa, and they quoted me a price. I kept asking if they were going to keep it, and they said, “Oh, yeah. It's locked in.” Then when it came to where I had to move, they shot up the price. I said, “Well, no. You didn't say that.” They said, “Oh, yeah. It’s all down the email.” Everything was a big deal. I was trying to move at the time. It was extremely irritating.

So, I checked estimates and backgrounds and Montway seemed to be pretty good. I liked the way they transported the vehicle. Everything went according to schedule. The driver showed me the truck and he explained how he does it. Another thing that was really good, too, was I had plants I had to transport and it has to be the driver who makes that decision because of the weight. He told me as long as it was packed in correctly, I got to put some things in my car. That helped out a lot. I liked it. The car was delivered on time. I got messages stating where it was and how far out it was and when it was going to be delivered. I iked the whole experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, MaryLou. The most important part of auto transport is communication and transparency. It's a complicated industry with a lot of rules and restrictions. We do our best to make it as easy as possible for all our customers. Happy to hear the team did a great job. If we can help again just let us know!

Original review: May 2, 2022

We were in Marco Island in Florida and I had my Infiniti Q80 shipped back instead of driving. Montway gave me a fair quote and it was fine. I did an uncovered transport. They contacted me ahead of time then they called when the guy was on his way for the delivery. They brought the car right to my house. They did a great job.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello James. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Working with Montway was very good. I moved from Austin to Virginia and they were very efficient. They did a great job. They transported the car very quickly. The car came early which saved me a lot of money because the car rental is very expensive. The driver was professional and a very nice guy. He came with the car here. The other second half of the payment was in the form of a cashier's check and I forgot the check at home and he waited with the car for a few minutes until I got the check. He wasn't angry and he was also communicating with me on his cellphone about when was he coming. He called me an hour early and then another phone call 15 minutes prior to arrival. It was my first time to use Montway and definitely, I would consider it if we move again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Peter. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you would consider using us again.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Montway is consistent. I just know the car will get here. Our recent transport was fine. The driver came right on time. But we had a bad experience with a rep who didn't want to honor the price. That was a $20 difference. But other than that, it was okay. Use Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Shonny. Your feedback is vital to us providing the best service possible. We would like to learn more about the issue you indicated here. Please contact us at feedback@montway.com with your shipment information. ^RK

Original review: May 2, 2022

They were efficient and professional. They got the car to where I had it had to go. But they had to wait till their trailer was filled and I thought the car was gonna get there a little earlier. I had to call them to find out when the car was gonna be there. Initially, it was supposed to be there on a Tuesday or Wednesday. It didn't get there till a week later. Other than that, it was a very good experience. I'd use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Jeannine, thank you for providing your feedback. I checked our records for the order we had for you. From what I could see, your order was dispatched with a Friday pickup, and next Friday delivery. The shipment was picked up and delivered exactly on those dates. We don't have any notice of a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery schedule. I would like to look into this further to understand where this miscommunication may have occurred. Please email us at feedback@montway.com with your order information.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I would recommend Montway for moving or having your car moved in different states as the overall process was quick, convenient, and the persons that I was in contact with were very reliable. Pickup was at Jersey, drop-off was California. I was told it would take 10 to 12 days, but it ended up taking only five days. The driver was quick. He called us two hours before he said he would get there. And as soon as he did, he started unloading, and moved the car to our driveway. The car got a bit dirty, like dust on it. But condition-wise, it was fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Daniel. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: May 1, 2022

From the time I contacted them, it was blistering fast. Two days later, they had the car picked up and the next day, they had it delivered. Communication with the driver was great. He let me know when he was half a day out. And then he pinged me when he was half an hour out and he arrived when he said he would. The experience was very pleasant. From the communication, to the quote, to how quickly they did it, they couldn't have done better.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for the review, Arash. Happy to deliver excellent service for your needs!

Original review: May 1, 2022

My daughter and her fiance hired some company to transport their car and they were told it was going to be like $1,300. But when the car got here, there were a lot of hidden charges and they wound up paying $1,700. It was a nightmare. My biggest thing was I wanted to make sure that whatever price I was quoted was my final price so I know how to budget for this and I was not getting swindled. Montway was wonderful the whole time. I made sure that all the reviews that I read were up to par.

Customer service was really great. Online, they have a portal and you can chat with them. You can call and text them any time too. They responded really quickly to the point where it made me feel safe to use them for my transport.I relocated from Florida and it took Montway four days to get the car here. The driver texted and called.

I was thankful that Montway was honest and that there were no hidden charges. I was really scared to make that transport. Transport companies have your car so you're at their mercy in getting it back. Montway brought my car right to my door. The guy got here right when he said he was going to. I paid 350 upfront then I paid the extra 1,000 when they brought the car. I was able to send it through cash app or one of the electronic portals to send money. They were great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Paisha. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with us.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: May 1, 2022

The problem I had with Montway was they couldn't get me a driver. It was so frustrating. We had to cancel our flight. Then they came through anyway. I had waited the next week before we could go home. Then the driver didn't speak English. It was a little hard. My Russian wasn't very good. But he drove in and picked it up. He did a good job and did what he was supposed to. Everything was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Carl, we have received your feedback. I took a look at the order and from what I can see this was dispatched and picked up within expectations. We had that your first available shipping date (FAD) was 3/26 and the vehicle was picked up on 3/29. In general, the average pickup time from your FAD is 1-5 days. I would like to understand more about your experience and have reached out for more information. Please contact us at feedback@montway.com with your order information. ^RK

Original review: May 1, 2022

The reps at Montway are awesome people and the driver was nice. They called me to let me know they were ready for my car and they took it up to my grandson in about four days.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello Pearl. Thank you for sharing your experience with our representatives.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Setting up with Montway's rep was convenient. I was able to do everything easily. The transport took two to three days and the car was picked up in Naperville, Illinois and dropped off in Austin, Texas. Most of the interaction was through phone calls and texts. The driver called me in the morning and told me that would drop off at so and so time. I came out and, when he dropped off, I was there to inspect the vehicle and he showed me whatever he felt was important. Everything looked good for both of us, and he handed over the keys.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Sai. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Their quote was very competitive. Their online service was really good. My car was delivered on the date that I want it delivered, so it was pretty good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Guangqi.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Everything was great. I was gonna get something else shipped if I needed to and it'll be through Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thanks for choosing Montway for professional car shipping services! Happy to help any time.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had an Acura MDX and a Miata that needed to be shipped coast-to-coast from Maryland to California. I did an uncovered transport with Montway and everything was great. The drivers gave a warning the day before they arrived then they called me when they were getting close. The cost of the service was reasonable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway, Brent.

Original review: April 30, 2022

They were fantastic and were easily reachable for follow-up questions. They were on time. Pick up and delivery were easy. The driver brought it right to where I was and it was in a home in Atlanta. He pulled up right near my house to pick up in Colorado. I was really happy with them. It was one very unstressful thing in the middle of a stressful move.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Tracy.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had a truck moved from Orlando to Mobile, Alabama and the transport took four days. The driver was perfect and had great communication.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate your review, Randy.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Montway Auto Transport looked reliable, so I selected them. I used their service three times. They performed very professionally. The first time, it took two days. The second time, they just took one day. They picked up the car in the morning and delivered at night. And for the last time, it took two days. I'll recommend Montway to others.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for choosing Montway, Tiancan. We appreciate your review and recommendation.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Montway was very quick in the response, like getting the estimate to ship the car. They were super fast and nice. They were eager to help me out. Also, they were very, very reasonably priced for a lot of other companies that I called. They sent me real time email and text message updates on the transport. It was all very quick. They picked it up on the 23rd of March and they got here on the 28th of March.

I’ve been having some issues with the car lot that I bought the car from. The car came in with some damage. I thought it was Montway that did the damages but they said, “No, no, no. That was already there. Let me go ahead and give you the pictures.” They had timestamp pictures from delivery and from drop-off. These pictures are helping me build my case with the car lot. So they were great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your rating and review, Cherisse. We hope you were able to get everything worked out with the dealership.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information