4.8/5 (1308 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Montway did an excellent job transporting a small truck for me from NJ to Georgia. Everything was handled perfectly from the email exchanges pre trip, to pick up and delivery to my son on the other end. The driver was so wonderful. I had been in contact with 2 other transport companies and the contact was sketchy at best and more expensive. I am very pleased with my experience with Montway and I would use this company again and recommend them highly. Felt like dealing with a family owned company actually. Allison

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Allison. Thank you for your review on your experience with Montway. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Had a great experience. Booked only day before, and they showed up on time and delivered on time and kept me informed during the process. Fair deal and heck of a lot better than having to drive it! And most importantly, car was perfect when it arrived.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Garth. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway Auto Transport.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

My son's car got stolen in California and he needed one for school. So, I needed a quick turnaround time on that, and had no idea about the process at all. But these guys from Montway made it simple. It was a cross-country transport and it took three days, which was quicker than I thought. Part of my happiness with this is that I called them, and within a day and a half, they said they were ready to go. The total turnaround time from me contacting them to them delivering to my son was probably less than a week, which was great.

The cost is fairly competitive. I knew it was gonna cost me a grand, so I was very pleased to make sure everything was entirely covered by insurance. When I dropped the car off, the giant truck couldn't come to my side street. When I dropped the truck off at the Walmart parking lot, I saw that they were transporting several really high-end cars so I knew that people were trusting them with assets more valuable than mine. When they got down to California, they called my son and he got his car within an hour. The driver was cool and very polite. A conversation I had with him before he left and my son's conversation when he arrived was good. We had a great deal of trust and I would certainly use Montway again. But hopefully, I'll never have to.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Randy.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I had '95 Bronco shipped from Texas to California. Montway's reps were pretty good and quick. Plus, the quote they gave me was great from what I've heard from other companies. They weren't able to pick up the car right in front of my house because of where I live but everything went smoothly in delivering it to them and when they brought it back to us. When we got the car, it was running, but the check engine light was on. So, when they got it delivered, they weren't able to turn it back on as something was going on. But they got it all situated at the delivery.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Aaron. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway Auto Transport.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I was relocating and out of my whole move, Montway was the best. They were on it and the communication with the driver was excellent. Also, the cost was very reasonable for as many vehicles I had to haul, which was five. And the carrier was very professional. They helped me out to get the cars from my house to the pickup point because they couldn't come to my house. It was perfect.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Charles.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I needed to transport a car From California to Arizona. The pick-up and delivery went very well with Montway and the communication was good. The transport took a couple of days and I would use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Daniel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The driver was great and did exactly what they said they were gonna do in the time frame that they said they were gonna do it. I got the car in great condition and it was a really easy process.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Denise. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Montway did the transport on time and I was very satisfied with them. The truck broke down so I had to wait a day but I had no problem with that. I would use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Judy. Thank you for your review. We apologize for the mechanical issues with the truck and appreciate your understanding.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The whole service was very direct and affordable. From the beginning, customer service was great, especially the driver. He kept in touch all the way along the way and he arrived when he said he would. He was superb and I felt total confidence in him. It was the first time we've ever transported or shipped a car and I would use the them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Windreth. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The reps from Montway wanna work with you and did the best they could. The driver was very timely and the communication was very good. We had to meet them in Florida at our condo but they couldn't get their big truck in my neighborhood so I met the driver. But none of that was any big thing. I was impressed that they got there within the hour of when they said they would be there and that's incredible when you're going a couple of thousand miles. Sometimes there’s a half a day difference, but they nailed it first time. I had a good experience with Montway and I highly recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Montway. We appreciate your recommendation as well.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Montway answered questions really upfront. I paid for the specific day pick up and the fact that they had that was great. Also, the carrier was wonderful.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Amy. Thank you for your review and feedback on your experience with the carrier.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Montway was pleasant to deal with and the car was delivered on time. The communication was good. I dealt with the owner and he picked up the car and then, I dealt with his driver who dropped it off. I was thinking about towing the car out myself and the cost would have been astronomical, so I was satisfied with the cost.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Dana.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

My experience with Montway was fine. The driver was there when he said he was going to be.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Lola.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Setting up with Montway was great. The reps were very helpful. The transport was from LA to Hawaii and it took a month and a half. They delayed it an extra three weeks, which was annoying. I asked if they could give us a refund for part of it or give us a voucher so we can get a rental car and they said no because they would have to do that for everyone. And they should. But there was no issue communicating and mostly, the experience was fine.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Lucho. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The rep from Montway who set everything up was great and the drivers were very cordial and they were there when when they said they were gonna be, where I met them with the car and they brought me home. So, it was perfect. My niece had to meet the drivers because of their road and there's no real driveway where it was or anything where a truck could go.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Beverly.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Montway did everything they said they were going to. The man who delivered the truck arrived on time and had good communication. The car arrived good and timely, and they did an excellent job. There is always a discrepancy in the initial quote and the ending bill. If you do it this way, it's this. And there was a $200 add-on if you needed an exact date or an exact time. They didn't let me know in the first conversation, but they let me know when they gave me a time. I asked what time the driver would be there and the rep said that’ll be an extra 200. I had no choice because I had to have it there. The transport was quick and Montway made my life easy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Jacqueline. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The transport was fantastic. The guy that came and picked up the car was there on time and he was professional. He called me every night during the transport. When he got to Maine where he was dropping my car off, there was a problem with him not being able to come down my street because the truck was too big, so he arranged for an alternative place to meet. We met on time and I got my car. It was perfect and I would absolutely recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Marie.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Everything went well with Montway. The communication with the driver was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Nicole.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I happened to buy a vehicle for my granddaughter out in Denver. I did a quote online, and Montway's quote was considerably better than other people. I paid 895. The other quotes were 1,500. Montway also said they were not gonna call me back and ask for more money. It worked perfectly. The driver met me across the street from where I'm at and dropped it off on a Friday night. Montway is phenomenal. We've used them a couple of times since. I've recommended them to my sales guys.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Brian. We appreciate your recommendation as well.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The driver was very good. He let me know when he was coming or when he was delayed, and he arrived when he said he would. I was very happy with the experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Mary. Thank you for sharing your experience with the driver.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I used Montway twice. I had one shipped up from Missouri, and it went well. The second time, I used uShip and went with Montway again. I was impressed with the driver. It was good communication with him. He let me know what was going on. The price is a little high though. The only other thing is I put another bid out then decided not to buy the truck. I’ve at least 20 requests asking, “Let us know if you still need us.” That wasn't so great.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Doug. Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are a returning customer. We value your concerns and will share it with the appropriate team.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Everything went real good and smooth with Montway. The transport company had no trouble finding the house during the pick up. When they got the car down here, they were easy to get along and super to work with. I would definitely recommend Montway. They were functional and stuck by the dates and the times they gave. They were fairly priced too.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Mark. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Montway is the cheapest company that I found and they didn't bombard me with emails and phone calls. When I talked to the initial person, they had told me that the day that they scheduled the driver, they would take the first payment and it would be $200. But I got a call that day and it ended up being closer to $500. I had to call them back and transfer money. The day that the vehicle was supposed to be delivered, the driver was 30 miles away from me. He said, "I can bring it first thing in the morning or you can meet me." I went up there and met him. I'm glad it was the same day. I would do it again if we shipped anything else through Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Lindsey.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The driver was good. But I had one problem with them. They never told me to take my transponder off the car so I got billed for all the tolls coming down.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Joseph. Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and understand your frustration. When you have a moment, please check your dispatch email from us. Under Useful Tips, we ask you to remove the transponder from the vehicle to avoid toll charges along the way.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The driver told me when he picked up the car. He also told me when he was here a couple of days later for the delivery. It was a great experience. I would use Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Pasquale. Thank you for your review. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I called Montway, told them what I needed, and they accommodated. The carrier told us over the weekend the truck broke down and they weren't sure when they were gonna get to the destination. That made us worry a little bit. But all of a sudden, they showed up at the hospital where my son is working, and the car was delivered on time. The communication could have been better but I'm glad they came when they said. We're gonna call Montway again because I need the car transported back to Florida.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Salvatore. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We look forward to assisting you with your transport back to Florida.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Last year, I bought a car in Florida to send to my brother. Montway had a very good rate to do it and had very good write-up as well. Fast forward to October of this year, my brother decided to move to Florida. We had to move the car back. Since I had a very good experience with Montway the first time, there was no reason to look for anybody else. Setting up the transport was very easy. The first quote I got was two months before I bought the car, and they still honored the quote. Everything they said they would do, they did. The carrier picked up down the street from where my brother was living to make it more convenient.

The only thing was that they had a delay picking it up on the second trip, but they were in traffic. They stayed in touch. They let me and my brother know. They were on top of it at all times. On our street, they pulled right up in the front yard. They had it unloaded before they ever even came to the door to tell us they were there. It was very quick. I would choose Montway again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Judith. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

The service was excellent as well as the cost. I was amazed. It was true door-to-door service because they drove right up to the house for the pick-up, and where the car got delivered, they drove it right to the front of the house which was terrific. I would highly recommend Montway to anybody.

Montway Auto Transport response

We appreciate your feedback and recommendation, Nancy.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Everything was good with our transport with Montway. The transport was from New York to Texas, and it took four days. They were very helpful.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Kathleen. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Setting up a transport with Montway was very easy and simple. The transport went smooth. The driver called the day before, and then the day of, he called again and we gave him a different drop-off point because he was in an 18-wheeler and he couldn't get in and out of our driveway. There was a grocery store just a quarter mile down the road, so he pulled into their parking lot and unloaded it. I would highly recommend them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Roger. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information