4.8/5 (1315 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

My overall experience was very good. Having not done it before, it was mysterious going into it, as far as timing. Because all of those dates and times with flights, and just trying to coordinate, that is a bit of a hectic nightmare. But when it started to fall into place, it made sense to me. But I understood they're an aggregator for truck driving companies. They match you up with somebody who is going your way. And that worked out very well. The driver was most kind. He took the vehicle to a shopping center half a mile from our house. He was right on time. He gave us a 20-minute window, so we met him. And within minutes, we were driving our car home. The vehicle was in great condition.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Nathaniel.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The pickup was supposed to be on a Tuesday but that day came and went. It turned out that it was gonna be picked up two days later and then that came and went, too. I had to call and find out what was going on. The guy who was gonna pick up the car called me back and said his truck died and my pickup was delayed until Saturday. That was a bit of a bummer because I was in my new location and I had to wait a couple of days for my vehicle to arrive and I didn't like that I had to call numerous times. My faith on the whole thing eroded. But when they picked up the vehicle, they were complete professionals. My husband was amazed at their skill level to get the truck on the flat bed.

The drop off went as planned. The guy said he was gonna come at 1 o'clock in the morning and he was here when he said he would be. I have a feeling that had the driver's truck not died, everything would have gone just as planned. And I was really pleased that I could always talk to a person. When I ask where's my truck, he would call them. Also, they didn't seem lecherous when they were constantly sending me all these emails. I really like dealing with the people that I dealt with at Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Christine. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway Auto Transport.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Montway had good communication and follow-through. They informed me that there was a pretty large storm that was coming through the East Coast and I wasn't expecting it to be a super quick delivery. Pick-up location was right at the house. The drop-off location was about a couple miles from our place in Florida. The driver was uncertain as to whether the roads would be adequate to get in. They were adequate, but there was no problem with getting to where he dropped off the vehicle.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, David.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I loved Montway. I had little problems before I could leave and they kept working with me to change the date and didn't charge me more. I was very happy with them.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Deborah. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The transport with Montway went as expected and very smoothly, too. The driver showed up. He was fine and picked up the car. The drop-off was fine too. Everything was good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Peter. We appreciate your feedback on your experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Montway's service worked. It was great. Roman was the man who picked the car up and then he delivered it.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Rosemary.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Worst vehicle shipping experience of my life. I paid $1700 to have my BMW M3 shipped from Florida to Tennessee with a guaranteed pickup and delivery dates, on a closed carrier. I was optimistic based on their positive reviews and efficient quote and scheduling process. I received a text on the day of pickup that a truck would be at my house by 5pm to pick up the vehicle. Instead, an open carrier arrived at 6:30, but the driver apologized for the delay due to traffic and promised that the vehicle would be transferred to a closed carrier for the trip to Tennessee. That's fine, things happen and I knew Montway said an open carrier was possible for pickup.

The trouble started three days later when I got a call my vehicle would be delivered in Nashville that evening. However, I confirmed with Montway multiple times that I would not be in town until four days later and paid extra for delayed delivery. The dispatcher on the phone could care less and said the truck would need to drop off the vehicle by the next morning at the latest. Panicking, I was prepared to drive overnight or fly on a moment's notice to pick up my car, as the dispatcher provided no alternative.

I then called Montway HQ for assistance and after waiting on hold for nearly 30 minutes was told they would be able to arrange to store the vehicle in an open lot in Nashville. This experience ruined my evening and the lack of concern or communication from Montway was absolutely pathetic. The next morning, I called to confirm the vehicle was at the storage lot and guess what - it wasn't! The rep said they would drop it off now - I have no idea why they told me differently the night before. I had to hand hold Montway every step of the way.

The cherry on top came when I arrived at the storage lot (30 minutes away from my new home, so much for door to door service) outside of Nashville to see my car parked in a muddy storage lot, outside, being rained on. The complete opposite condition I was expecting it in when I paid $1700 for closed carrier delivery. On top of the lot, the Montway driver forgot my key in his truck after he dropped off the car! I spent another three hours waiting at the lot for the driver to finally return with my key. What an experience.

While the car was delivered in good condition, I noticed that 3 miles had been added to the odometer. While this may seem negligible to some, there is absolutely 0 reason why more than 1 mile should be added to a car when it is shipped 'door to door'. This only means that someone took my car on a little joyride somewhere along the journey, which is a complete violation of my personal property.

I regret ever using this joke of a company and would give them negative stars if I could. When I brought up my concerns to the Montway team, they gave me a $400 refund after a week of back and forth, which is pathetic given that I still paid far beyond what an open carrier transport would be without a guaranteed delivery date. I'm glad my car arrived in one piece, but I would not recommend anyone use this service if you care about your car, your sanity, and your hard earned money.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for providing your feedback, Peter. I am sorry to learn of the inconvenience. I believe the main source of confusion is that we offer guaranteed delivery dates. Which we do not. Montway only provides guaranteed pickup dates at this time. All provided delivery dates are estimated and are subject to change at any moment. While we will try and meet any request customers may have, we are clear that the dates are still estimated. Our policies are explained in detail on our website at https://www.montway.com/terms-and-conditions.

With this in mind, we do expect that all shippers will prepare ahead of time in event that they are unavailable for any reason. We are here to help throughout the journey. And did work in preparing a storage lot where the vehicle could be dropped off as you were unavailable.

As for the concerns about mileage, it is normal to see around 1-3+ miles on a vehicle during long transport. Vehicles are moved on and off the trailer. As well as moved around in storage.

As a business, we do believe it is important to deliver great service. And as such, did offer compensation due to the inconvenience. Despite the shipment being processed via the agreed-upon terms. I would be happy to discuss this in more detail. Please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,
Richard K

Montway Auto Transport

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

My daughter had looked up Montway online. You had a very good rating and that is why we chose you. It was my first experience shipping my car door to door. Your company kept us informed, as promised by you, and our car was delivered in a timely fashion. We also had to make arrangements to have a neighbor accept our car because we were flying into Jupiter that day. She said the gentleman who delivered our car was very polite and efficient. We are very happy with your service. We would have no hesitation in recommending you to our friends.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Dolores. Thank you for your recommendation. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with Montway Auto Transport.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I used Montway to transport my car cross country from MA to WA and back again. They are reliable, have great communication, and everyone from the phone agents to the truck drivers is friendly and easy to deal with. I would use them again and highly recommend for anyone looking to transport their vehicle.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Nicole. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to servicing you again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The hauling was 5 star, the only issue was the scheduling of the pickup. The delay caused me to have to hire someone to facilitate the pickup. I had to leave Lake Tahoe for a trip to Houston, Tx. I have contacted your firm with plenty of time to spare. I've used you in the past and will continue to use your services.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Bobby. Thank you for your review. We are sorry about any inconvenience. We are pleased to hear you're a returning customer and look forward to assisting you again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Customer service was all very good. The rate I got was competitive. I've never done this before and it was incredibly easy. They were on time on both ends and there was not a problem with the car. They were very thorough and experienced. I'd use them again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Montway communicated the service charges, scheduled the pickup and delivery including the driver's name and contact number. All dates and delivery projections were and services were GREAT! My Driver was great and exceeded expectations. Montway made it easy for me to feel comfortable with the service. I will use Montway again for future transport needs and I recommend Montway to friends and others.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Peggy. Thank you for your review and recommendation. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

Setting up the transport was super easy. Everybody was really attentive. If I made a phone call, it got answered immediately. The communication with the driver was satisfactory. Montway was great. I'm in with all the other folks on Facebook. That's the company I would recommend.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Kathy. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I used Montway for a transport from Dallas to San Francisco. That took five days and the car was in an enclosed vehicle. Communication was absolutely perfect. There was only one speed bump that I hit in the process. I was threading a needle back and forth because my daughter was traveling and the car was going to her. Based on the pickup and delivery date, we kept trying to figure out how it would work. That aside, everything went fine. David was the pickup driver and he did a fabulous job. If I ever get a chance, I'm gonna circle back to Jay's website. It's excellent and he has never let me stray. I use him often for references. I was very happy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, John.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

The shipping was fast (from CA to FL). The car was well cared for and arrived as it left there. The driver was easy to get a hold of and answered all my calls and questions. Cost of transport was reasonable.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Montway was quick to book, flexible around the pick up schedule, and my car arrived so quickly! (Seattle to Boston.) And my car was in perfect shape when I picked it up! FYI pickup was with a smaller truck and trailer, drop off was at a Home Depot parking lot (the semi-truck and trailer delivering my car would have been too big for my residential street.)

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Laura. We appreciate your feedback.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

The ramp felt more like my dog was going to walk over a hill, than a bridge. It was not worth it. They should consider something longer. It might work for a car that is closer to the ground, but def not a Bronco.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello there, I am sorry to learn of the inconvenience. Although I am not exactly sure what this review is referring to. I would like to learn more and help in any way I can. Please contact us at feedback@montway.com for further assistance.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

We shipped a car to our son who is a college student. Professional, courteous, and great service. The actual carrier was excellent, on time, and communicative. He provided an online tracking link that enabled us to track progress across the country which was a huge benefit and prevented any anxiety about delivery. We highly recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Neil. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We appreciate your recommendation as well.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

The driver was amazing! He kept in touch and delivered on time. Everything went smooth. Montway is the only way to transport! I've never meet a such a kind gentleman in my life. Montway is definitely the only way to get your vehicle home safe and sound.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Lori. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Good experience and very professional individuals., Service was great. My pick up truck was delivered on time to the final destination. I will use Montway services and recommend this company to any of my friends colleagues, or are looking to transport the vehicle anywhere in the United States and overseas.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Randolph. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with Montway.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Everything was done as described. The process was excellent and the price was very competitive. The driver was very respectful and accommodating. We could not be more pleased. The dealership requested that the pickup be made during business hours and Montway Auto Transport accommodated our wishes without any problems. We would use them again with any transports that we need.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Karen.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Immediate communication. Four time user here… LA to Delaware. On time or ahead. Used other services but not since we found Montway. Highly recommend this transport service for transcontinental delivery.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Susan. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Monty was very professional. The move was very organized. I was updated on where my car was until it was dropped off to me. I would definitely use this company again to ship my car home. I will surely refer to my friends.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Michelle.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Great job and price. Marion, the driver, was a true professional. He was prompt and handled our car with care. He delivered the car early and stayed in communication with the van's owner. I would call on them again. A successful transport.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Lisa.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Montway offers great service, affordable rates. They went out of their way to communicate arrival and it was a stress free delivery. The best part is they had great follow through. Thank you for your help and accommodating my timeline.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Monica.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I had Montway ship my car from Atlanta to Texas and the process was easy and smooth. The driver that picked up my car was great and kept me informed on ETA. Thank you Montway for getting my Mercedes to me safely.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Robert. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Dealing with Montway was a pleasure. The whole process was efficient and very easy. I was kept informed at every step. The transport driver was on time. Picked the car up and delivered it to Montana with no problems whatsoever. Price was less than other carriers.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, James.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Moving a new 2023 Mazda3 hatchback from Ft. Wayne, IN to Marinette, WI was as easy as one could hope. No damage and excellent timeframe of a little over one day made for a pleasant, cost-effective experience. My daughter loved her new car, too!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi James. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

I had never shipped a car before so I was anxious. I went with Montway (recommended by a friend) and they were very clear on the process and what to expect. Plus the price at the time was great. I was able to relax when I saw the skill used and care of my car when it was loaded. The driver stayed in contact and my car arrived in VA without a scratch. I trust Montway and will use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Patricia. We look forward to assisting you again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

They took care of everything from door to door pickup and delivery. Good communication. They made it happen making it easy for me. After being jerked around by another company for weeks they made it happen and kept me informed.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Edward. Thank you for your review.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information