4.9/5 (1346 ratings)

About Montway Auto Transport

Montway Auto Transport is a nationwide company offering fast and reliable vehicle and motorcycle moving services. The company ships more than 100,000 vehicles annually and offers efficient auto transportation backed by years of experience across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. Montway provides services for both individuals and businesses. Shipments are closely monitored to ensure the highest level of safety and support. Insurance coverage is included in the price of shipping, and no upfront payment is required.

Pros

• No upfront payments
  • 24/7 sales and support
  • Free insurance coverage
  • Services all 50 states

Cons

• Must contact for tracking info

Bottom Line

Montway is a leading auto transport company with affordable rates and quality customer service. You can get instant online quotes and easily book your order. Montway is open 24/7 to answer all your auto shipping questions.

Montway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Montway Auto Transport?

Original review: May 12, 2022

Efficient, friendly and they also kept me up-to-date on the status of my vehicle. It was in good shape. No one had rummaged through it. It was a excellent experience for me considering moving is traumatic enough. They took the ease of a stressful situation of moving my vehicle to a very pleasant experience.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that our team provided outstanding service to you, Val. Thank you so much for the kind words, and for choosing Montway.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Montway did a great job. The driver told me how much I needed down and how much it was gonna be when it was delivered. Then, he picked up the vehicle and delivered it in a timely fashion.

Montway Auto Transport response

Jason, we are thrilled to hear that everything went well with your shipment. Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to the carrier.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The experience was a lot smoother than I expected it to be. I didn't hear from Montway after they introduced me to the driver but the driver was cool. He gave me text message updates and the transport was quicker than they gave me the window for. Montway did their job. If they are vetting the drivers and they're all as good as the one that I got, then they're doing everything well.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are thrilled to hear that everything went well with your shipment, Attila. Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to the carrier.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 11, 2022

I schedule my car and they say after a few days they will pick them up and they give a time and day but it didn't happen and I received a another mail that it will schedule it another day. Again I've waited but it almost 2 weeks. Just the same. Email. Nothing happen and they also get a down payment even though it says that will get the money after the car is delivered. It's a waste of time. It feels like a scam.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hello, I've checked our system with the information provided here and am unable to locate any shipment. I have private messaged you for more information and did not receive a response. I believe you may have the incorrect company, as Montway is transparent in its services and provides all customers with shipping estimates. We also inform all customers of our pricing options. For clarity, Montway charges a deposit at the time of dispatch for all shipments.

I would love to learn more about your situation and help in any way I can. Please email me at feedback@montway.com with your shipment information. ^RK

Original review: May 11, 2022

The transport went well. The driver was nice enough to meet my daughter in a safe place as I had my arrived yet. I have nothing bad to say. Would recommend

using them. They took my jeep from N.Y. to CA.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We appreciate your business and recommendation.

Original review: May 11, 2022

My car broke down in the middle of nowhere in Texas. After 3 days of calling around trying to find someone to service it, I gave up and decided to ship my car home. They picked my car up within 24 hours. They were in constant contact with pricing, confirmation, delivery. They followed up all along the way. I couldn’t suggest anything that needed improvement. Excellent service on every level.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Ronna.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Everybody worked around my schedule really well. It was an easy pick-up and the driver was very friendly and helpful. Any time I called, the day before pick-up or drop-off or when I was on the plane, they would pick up the phone and I could get in contact with them instantly at any time I needed an update. Also, the price was good. I couldn't have asked for a better service.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thomas, we are very glad to hear that everything was to your liking. We strive to provide competitive rates that are fair for both our customers and our carriers. Thank you for choosing Montway!

Original review: May 11, 2022

Montway is awesome. Whoever they've contracted with was fantastic. I didn't know if I was gonna get the car when I needed it but it turned out that the driver picked it up early and delivered it early too. He was in touch with me 24/7. Everything was perfect from start to finish and I couldn’t have possibly been happier.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so glad to hear that setting up your transport was easy and the transport went well, Michael. Thank you for your kind words, and for choosing Montway.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Montway's customer service was good. Whenever I called, they answered what I was asking. It took a little bit to finally get someone to pick up the vehicle but then, I got the vehicle before I thought I would get it. The transport was fast.

Montway Auto Transport response

Karla, we are glad to hear that the communication was to your liking. We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 10, 2022

Montway did a great job. The driver in particular was wonderful. He did terrific care about the car and represented Montway extraordinarily well. He's the kind of guy I would want working for me. I told him to make sure he met with Brian on the delivery end, who owns the place that I had it dropped off to, so that he can introduce themselves for any work that they may need.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are so happy to hear that despite some delays everything went well with your shipment, Jim We do our best to provide communication and service that works best for the customer. We truly thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to the carrier.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: May 9, 2022

Montway had some pretty good reviews on Yelp, so I reached out to them. I had originally got online and did the price quote and the website spit me out a price. Then I called the representative and I purposely did not tell him that price to see if the price he would give me would be the same price that would be online, and it wasn't. So, I had to tell him, "Hey, well, your website says this." He backpedaled and ended up giving me that price.

As far as the driver, he was stellar. He texted and called me all the way through the process. He texted and called the guy who picked up the car on the west coast. He was very professional. Overall, Montway is a good company and they had a good process all the way through. Just be aware of the quotes that they give you.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Michael. Montway uses the latest and most sophisticated pricing technology. It takes every detail into account. So the slightest difference in how the data is entered could cause small variations in the price. On top of this, shipping rates are based on real-time market data and change daily. Sometimes on the same day depending on global economic situations. We provide customers with a quote so they have an idea of what the estimated cost will be to ship their vehicle.

I am happy to hear that the transporter did a stellar job! That is exactly what we expect from the transporters we work with. We'll be sure to share your feedback.

I would love to discuss further and encourage you to contact me directly at feedback@Montway.com. ^RK

Original review: May 9, 2022

The driver was good. However, I kind of thought he was stealing my car because he didn’t give me any paperwork. He came over and asked me to give him the keys. I did and he drove away. But the car showed up as promised. I was talking to this guy over the phone for 20 days. Montway uses independent truckers. It sounded like this guy came up to California with a truck and was simply going back with a car to keep them going back empty or maybe several cars. But it worked out fine and I was happy.

Montway Auto Transport response

Alan, we are glad to hear that everything went well despite some communication issues with the carrier. We thank you for your kind review, and thank you for choosing Montway!

Original review: May 8, 2022

I needed to send a car to my son at school and Montway was highly rated on the internet, so I used them. The driver was fine and very quick.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that your transport went quickly and smoothly, Dan. Thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: May 8, 2022

The driver provided a timeframe that he'd be there. He was here at that time and kept checking with me. He loaded the car and drove it 2,500 miles from Ohio to Colorado. He ended up delivering it on the day and the time that he said he would. It was a very smooth experience. Montway does a nice job of following up and providing you a lot of detailed information on transport.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that your transport went smoothly, and the communication was to your liking, John. Thank you for choosing Montway.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Montway was pretty flexible, quick, and inexpensive. They got great communication, kept me up to speed and coordination as to the estimated time of arrival, and the car got here safe and sound. The cost of the service was well worth my money. I would highly recommend Montway.

Montway Auto Transport response

We are glad to hear that the communication was to your liking, Alex. We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 7, 2022

It was excellent with Montway. On the phone, even though they have an accent, I still clearly understood them completely. Another thing that stood out to me was this was my first time requesting a service like that, and they knew that I'm a woman, but they didn't try to push me. They weren't manipulative. They didn't increase the price later on. Everything was 100% smooth from beginning to end. I felt so comfortable with everything and they explained everything as well. There were no unexpected changes. I would tell others to go for Montway. They’ll be happy with their decision.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Nicole. Thank you for sharing your experience with Montway. We also appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The service was excellent overall. In the end when I paid the amount to the driver at delivery, I didn't get any receipt. Montway says, Driver needs to give it, Driver says it is how Montway's app works, he doesn't have any other means to generate receipt. That was not good. Please fix your app to generate a receipt for the final remaining payment and send it out to the Customer at delivery.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Joji. We value your feedback and will notify the appropriate department.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I liked Montway's price and schedule. The driver was very punctual and kept in touch with me via cell phone. He let me know very well where he was at at all times. I decided jointly on where to drop it off because I live on a dead-end road that was very muddy at times. He had a full-size semi transport truck. He could have gotten through, but he had to back up on a muddy road for about a mile to get around. So, we just met at a local gas station off the interstate. He dropped it off there. Overall, Montway was very professional and quick. The quote was accurate for the final price. There was no adjustment on it. It’s a very competitive quote.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Gregory. We are happy to hear that the transporter did an excellent job. We will be sure to share your kind words with them. Looking forward to the next move!

Original review: May 6, 2022

This is the second time that I've used Montway. My children live out in Southern California and I live in upstate New York so I had them take a Dodge Challenger out there for me. I also had them bring it back. The people that helped set everything up were fantastic. It was painless on my end. The driver was a very nice, young fellow but he couldn't speak very much English. But somebody else called me after he showed up to make sure that they showed up and gave me a phone number to make sure it was the right drive. That was helpful.

The driver had a 36 foot enclosed trailer and that was the first time anybody picked up my car with that type of an enclosed trailer. Coming from California to upstate New York, he hit the states that were using salts on the roads. The car had a fine film of white dust on it. I had to wait for a couple two or three days for the weather to be nice enough for me to go out there and wash it. When I was in California, I got the phone call that the driver was going to be picking up my car at a specific day and time. But, again, with the language barrier, I could barely understand what the gentleman I was talking to said as far as them tacking on an extra $100. It was supposed to be $2,249 and that ended up being $2,349. I'm a little bit dissatisfied with the language barrier and that extra 100 bucks.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your feedback, Kevin. We are happy to hear the transporter did a great job. Feedback is very important to us. We will be utilizing this to evaluate some service protocols so that continue to deliver the best service possible.

Original review: May 6, 2022

It’s very good service overall. The transport was fast and it came very well. It was supposed to arrive in three days, but it came in two days. Everything was okay when the car was delivered.

Montway Auto Transport response

Happy to deliver professional service. Thanks for choosing Montway!

Original review: May 5, 2022

Folks on phone from initial call were professional and very helpful. Details were explained thoroughly. I paid entire amount at pick up at my choice. I did not want my receiving agent to "mess with payment". Max the driver was professional, knowledgeable and helpful at pick up and per my receiver on delivery.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Randall. We appreciate your feedback with our representative and carrier.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Car picked up delivered on time. Dispatch and driver kept us informed of pickup and delivery. The drivers were courteous and customer service was excellent. Estimated cost was right on the amount. I highly recommend Montway. We shipped two cars at different times. Both were good.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you, Glen, for your review. We are pleased to hear both experiences went well.

Original review: May 5, 2022

The reservation process was fast and value outstanding compared to other transport companies we contacted. Great communication throughout the entire process. Mike and Mike were very easy to work with and delivered my vehicle as expected. I will absolutely use use them again!

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Blake. Thank you for your review.

Original review: May 5, 2022

My car was delivered, quite dirty, but with no marks or scuffs of any kind. The driver was a highly experienced professional with over 20 years of car hauling experience. His communications were quite good and I would say this was one of those 10 out of 10 experiences.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Larry. We appreciate your feedback on the carrier as well.

Original review: May 5, 2022

This was a last minute booking and I was nervous to ship my car. Car was picked up quickly and delivered within the communicated window. Driver was very nice and took good care of the car. Will definitely use them again.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for your review, Brian. We appreciate your feedback on the carrier.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Yes great experience. And I have referred a few friends who will be transporting their kids’ cars back home in May! The customer service of the driver was 100%. He carefully loaded our car. Gave specific directions and his cell phone number as well to keep in touch. We arranged a proper meeting place for pick up and delivery which worked well for loading and unloading.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi Wendy. We are pleased to hear you were referred to us by your friends. Thank you for choosing Montway and leaving us a review.

Original review: May 5, 2022

All was good with the customer service rep. I was able to get an answer as soon as I needed it and everybody was friendly. The quote was fairly good. It was probably the cheapest, which was another reason why we went with them. There was another company that was just a little cheaper but I was a little apprehensive because they didn't have the best reviews. So, Montway seems to be the best one. The driver was delayed by a couple of hours. He was supposed to deliver the car the day prior but he was prompt about sending us a message and letting us know that he would be there the next day early in the morning. So, everything was smooth and easy. My parents received it in their home. The delivery person dropped it off and received the cash payment. It was nothing where it was a hassle.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Christina. Communication and transparency are what have kept Montway ahead of the pack. And in auto transport, it is absolutely necessary. We are happy to hear that the transporter did a great job and are here if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Montway's service was good and the price was much better than anyone else I had checked out. They came, picked up the car, and dropped it off after a few days. So, I was satisfied. The driver called me on the phone in the morning. The only issue we had was because he had a huge truck, he couldn't get into the street. I had to take the car out somewhere where it was a big enough parking lot for him to maneuver, but he communicated all that with me over the phone.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the review, Shiraz! Auto transporters have a lot of restrictions, which makes communication essential to great service. We look forward to helping again in the future.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I was very satisfied about what Montway did when I tried it the first time that I used their service three times. The rep and I communicated by email and everything was great. They were very comprehensive. The driver was nice too. Delivery took five days and it was on time. The only issue I got was I was specific on door-to-door service, but when I asked them to drop off my car, they could not. When I asked them to pick up my car to Hollywood Hills next to my door, it was not possible as well. I had to figure out how to manage with a different driver to drive me to the car. I live in Hollywood Hills and no trucks could come to me. I had to go down the hill and walk back.

Montway Auto Transport response

Thank you for the feedback, Alexandre. Communication is very important to great service. So we're happy to hear things went well. For door-to-door service, the transporter will come as close to the locations as possible. But due to their size and other various restrictions, they may ask to meet nearby. Our team is always here to help in such occurrences as well. We look forward to future moves.

Original review: May 4, 2022

The person who gave me my new used car was very nice. Car came dirty but what do you expect when it was hauled outside in the weather which was the cheaper way to get the car to EL Paso Texas from Florida.

Montway Auto Transport response

Hi William. Thank you for your review.

Montway Auto Transport Company Information