3.7/5 (132 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Monro Muffler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monro Muffler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monro Muffler?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I took my car in for a alignment at noon. Waited a hour and half to be told I needed a tye rod end before it was able to be fixed. Mind you a tye rod for my car is 29.99. I decided to let them fix it, although I can do it myself but my vacation is soon and I wanted it done now. They call and tell me my car is done at 4, I pay 250$ and drive off their lot to a horrible tilt of my steering wheel and pull to the right and when I turned corners the car literally jumped. I turned around and took it right back.

The car was in way worse shape than it was, a very slight pull to right when I took it. They worked on it and test drive it twice before it was ok enough for them to say it's done. It's tighter now, no more bounce but still has a pull but now it's to the left. Sooo. Wth. At least they could have offered me a discount for my time considering the part was not that expensive as they charged me for it. I will be looking under it in the morning to make sure the tye rod is new or I will be filing a lawsuit claim. I don't recommend their services.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I recently had an oil change at Monroe in Oneida, NY. They were supposed to rotate tires, they did not and the car was down a quart of oil. Went back the following day, they said we were not down a quart and tires didn't need rotating. We watched them put more oil in and tires should have been rotated. We have been shorted a quart of oil the last three visits and this will be our last.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We took our 1998 Lexus ES300 to Monro after it was diagnosed with misfires. We were told they would do a tune up and it would take 3 hours and cost $500. It took only 1 1/2 hours and all they did was change spark plugs, they did NOT have to remove the manifold to reach them which is why (they told us) it only took 1 1/2 hours. $500 was far too much to pay for NOT EVEN platinum spark plugs, and no other services. They did NOT give us a detailed receipt. When we complained about the "tune up" not including anything but plugs and taking half as long as we were told, we were told "we signed a release" so they did nothing wrong. Do not trust this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Terrible experience. Shady business practice. Will not own up to their mistakes. DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE HERE! Left me with a $900 repair bill, they refuse to pay for damages they did to my car, during a simple repair process. Read the BBB complaints, I’m not the first or the last. Do not let it be you.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I have gone to Monro Muffler many times, usually for inspections and oil changes. I have gotten tires there also. They are not cheap, but they are reasonable. They do good work in timely manner. They are always friendly to me. It is also nice that they are so close to my house and my work. Other services you might want to do further research on, but most dealers are expensive! Sometimes a car isn't worth repairing. If your car is in good shape, I recommend going there for inspections and oil changes.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Took my mother's car in because I had just been out on some gravel roads and was having some engine vibration in reverse. Ethan, their manager, told me I needed 4 motor mounts and the cost would be between $1200 and $2000. I doubted this and took the car to an actual mechanic - not one who learned to change oil during a 15 minute computer training.

Mechanic tells me there is a rock stuck between the center engine mount and the car. $80 bucks and it's fixed. Monro tried to rip off a senior citizen. Here we are in the midst of a pandemic, everyone is short on cash, and my mother, 75, on a very fixed income, was almost ripped off by Monro. I called to complain and was told by Ethan to "Come down and complain to his face." STEER CLEAR IF YOU LIKE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: April 6, 2020

The job was way overpriced. A part I could have bought at retrail for $400.00 Monro charged me $700.00. All the other parts were also priced awfully high. The work done was good though. I talked to corporate office to no avail. I would never recommend Monro for repairs.

Original review: March 27, 2020

They never try to overcharge...Quality is great, professional and consistent with the care of my car.. Oil changes are quick. They look over your car for safety issues. Always giving recommendations but dont put you to do it aggressively.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I went to the Saratoga Springs MONRO AUTO SERVICE and Tire Center for an inspection. I had been there before, and it seemed to have a good reputation. I was told I needed front struts, and an amount of money was written on a paper. NOTE: I had no idea how much they cost, but PRIUS parts are expensive. After 6 hrs there, I ended up getting 4 Tires 100 apiece, and KELLY Tires are listed for 70 apiece cheaper for 4. An alignment for 170 when I have a bill for the same for 80???? The 2 strut were almost 600.0 plus LABOR!!!! Needless to say I walked out almost 1800 less on my credit cards! NOW, upon reading the back of the bill-it states those KELLY tires if under 500 or less than a month. Which is both.. So, hopefully, I can calmly get my old tires back on/which were not illegally worn. THIS IS A RIP OFF! Monro is commission so I was chosen as their prime loser of money to pad their pockets!

Original review: March 7, 2020

Have been taking my vehicles to the Hard Rd Columbus Ohio location for over 10 years. I always trusted them. Took my car in to have lifetime brake pads replaced under warranty, which I had done 3 years prior. Was told I would pay labor $125.00 an hour just as I did last time. New rules now and paying 40.00 to bleed and another 1/2 hour labor. Making free pads over 240.00. 3 years ago got pads and rotors for 260.00. Told I got “ripped off” by service attendant on 3 year old bill. Said his quote is what the computer says and that’s all he can do. Called same company at a different location and they said they would put pads on for 125.00.

I went and purchased my own pads voiding lifetime warranty (which I’m told is now only good for 2 years) and had them put on for 125.00 at another location. I have 2 more vehicles with this same warranty and am sure I will have this issue again in the future. Asked to have contact info for district manager and told I could not have that info. Got a quote on a sensor repair from same location of 560,00. Checked with another location and quoted 100.00 less. Very obvious price inconsistency and dishonest representation of services. Beware!

Monro Muffler Company Information