3.0/5 (578 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Monro Muffler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monro Muffler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monro Muffler?

Original review: April 6, 2020

The job was way overpriced. A part I could have bought at retrail for $400.00 Monro charged me $700.00. All the other parts were also priced awfully high. The work done was good though. I talked to corporate office to no avail. I would never recommend Monro for repairs.

Original review: March 27, 2020

They never try to overcharge...Quality is great, professional and consistent with the care of my car.. Oil changes are quick. They look over your car for safety issues. Always giving recommendations but dont put you to do it aggressively.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I went to the Saratoga Springs MONRO AUTO SERVICE and Tire Center for an inspection. I had been there before, and it seemed to have a good reputation. I was told I needed front struts, and an amount of money was written on a paper. NOTE: I had no idea how much they cost, but PRIUS parts are expensive. After 6 hrs there, I ended up getting 4 Tires 100 apiece, and KELLY Tires are listed for 70 apiece cheaper for 4. An alignment for 170 when I have a bill for the same for 80???? The 2 strut were almost 600.0 plus LABOR!!!! Needless to say I walked out almost 1800 less on my credit cards! NOW, upon reading the back of the bill-it states those KELLY tires if under 500 or less than a month. Which is both.. So, hopefully, I can calmly get my old tires back on/which were not illegally worn. THIS IS A RIP OFF! Monro is commission so I was chosen as their prime loser of money to pad their pockets!

Original review: March 7, 2020

Have been taking my vehicles to the Hard Rd Columbus Ohio location for over 10 years. I always trusted them. Took my car in to have lifetime brake pads replaced under warranty, which I had done 3 years prior. Was told I would pay labor $125.00 an hour just as I did last time. New rules now and paying 40.00 to bleed and another 1/2 hour labor. Making free pads over 240.00. 3 years ago got pads and rotors for 260.00. Told I got “ripped off” by service attendant on 3 year old bill. Said his quote is what the computer says and that’s all he can do. Called same company at a different location and they said they would put pads on for 125.00.

I went and purchased my own pads voiding lifetime warranty (which I’m told is now only good for 2 years) and had them put on for 125.00 at another location. I have 2 more vehicles with this same warranty and am sure I will have this issue again in the future. Asked to have contact info for district manager and told I could not have that info. Got a quote on a sensor repair from same location of 560,00. Checked with another location and quoted 100.00 less. Very obvious price inconsistency and dishonest representation of services. Beware!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I’ve dealt with them twice now within the last year, (only because I had to) I would never choose to take my vehicle there because I'm clearly not the only person that’s had terrible experiences with this business, the abundance of bad reviews speak for themselves. Both times the manager, “Carlton **” was extremely poor mannered, sarcastic, and rude.

My most recent experience was with my girlfriends car inspection. She needed two new tires but he claimed he could only sell her four. Even though one tire was brand new. So she’d HAVE TO purchase 4 tires and only use 2. Along with being extremely unhelpful with choosing options for purchasing tires, he asked if she needed them aligned. Neither of us know a lot about cars so she said “I’m not sure. What would you recommend”. This guy literally responded abruptly and sarcastically with “I don’t know. It’s whatever you want”. He ended up giving us two options, a 20 dollar one which included the bare minimum and a 30 dollar one that “claimed” to include free replacement, free rotation, etc. She ended up deciding to go with the 20 dollar option, but he said she needed to purchase some kind of warranty that would cover replacing the tire if something happened to it, which would be an extra 17 dollars.

So, if you’re still reading and can do simple math 20+17=37. Which ultimately would make the 30 dollar FREE TIRE REPLACEMENT, FREE ROTATION AND BALANCE, ETC the better option. I tried to explain to this man, but he cut me off, raised his voice and said “knock off the attitude”. I clearly embarrassed him for proving his incompetence and in response he proved his lack of customer service.

So if you’re ever interested in joining any form of mechanic labor, know how to do simple math, and have some (not even a lot) people skills, you can successfully say you have more qualifications than Carlton ** the MANAGER of Monro Auto Service. I didn’t purchase any tires, if you’re wondering. This man's lack of professional skills could stop him from giving away something entirely free, no one would want to do business with him. I can confidently say, Monro would have more cars in their garage if they unemployed Mr. **. I will never even entertain the thought of doing business with this place, and neither will any of my friends or family. Monro Corporation should be ashamed to have hired such an intolerable employee.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Went to Amsterdam, NY, Monroe Muffler & Brakes on Tuesday, because my brake pedal went all the way to floor & the brake warning light on dash appeared, when I was leaving home. The manager was very professional & knowledgeable. He gave me a reasonable estimate to repair the problem, which was a leaking brake line. I agreed & the manager & techs began work shortly. When the repair was completed my bill was exactly the same as the estimate. I was very happy with the repair. So far, two days later - no problems. Amsterdam, NY's Monroe mgr & techs were professional, polite, & answered my questions. Thank you Amsterdam, NY Monroe Muffler & Brakes for your outstanding service!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I'm very pleased with the service I received. I had to have my front brakes replaced and the manager, Chris **, was very helpful and detailed in explaining what needed to be done. He gave me a feeling of confidence and as a result I trusted him. In addition the final cost was reasonable. So, all in all Monro Muffler is very fortunate to have such a professional person working for them. Congratulations.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Went to Monro for a starter. After starter was put in check engine light came on. Took it back in. He said last guy tore the plug on the knock sensor. He then rewired it. As soon as he did he blew the vcm computer and a solenoid in the tranny. The dealer told us after monro had it towed there. Offered to pay $600 on a $1600 bill and I had a rental car for 10 days. Another $500. Horrible ** people on West Broad St in Columbus OH. Was told when it happened they would cover it all until they seen the bill. I will see them in court.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The team at Monro Auto Service and Tire Center on Cherry St. in Noblesville, IN, will have my business from now on. Their honesty and the care they showed me is something I’d not experienced before. My lack of knowledge in vehicle repair has always made me apprehensive. This team put me at ease and then some. They were upfront in telling me the computer issue I had could be extremely expensive. And that certainly could’ve opened the door to a costly repair, whether necessary or not. But again, honesty was their priority and no doubt part of their business model. They quickly found the issue which was far less involved and took care of it in less than an hour. Thank you guys for being the honest team you are. This is how business should be conducted and is obviously the reason they have so many return customers. Give them a shot and you won’t be disappointed!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

DO NOT COME HERE. I will preface this by saying that up until today, I have had all my maintenance done here for the last two years but I will never return. Sunday: I dropped my car off early, as I usually do, so that way if they have time they can work on it early (and if they don't it's no big deal). My appointment was for brakes and an oil change. When I was dropping my car off, the guy checking me in was clueless. He seemed baffled that I wanted both brakes and oil serviced and what should have taken 5 minutes or less to check in, took almost 20.

I should have listened to my instincts and left at this point, but seeing as how I had to drive to Baltimore later in the week, I really didn't have any other choice. I received a voicemail at 4:53 that day that told me that my car was not finished and if I needed it I needed to call back by 5 to let them know if I needed it that night or first thing the next day. I called back right at 5 and no one was there.

Monday: I had to borrow my husband's car, who thankfully didn't work and was willing/able to put off all his plans for the day so I could use his car. I called Monro back after getting another voicemail. This is when I was informed that neither brakes nor oil had been changed, so I guess Sunday was just a wash. I was then informed that the drain plug for the oil pan was stripped. The only people that could have stripped the drain plug was them. I informed them that my husband would call and check in as he was going to try to get the car. He called and was told the car would be done by 2.

I then received a call at 11:30 that said the car wouldn't be done until 5. I relayed the info about the delayed pickup to my husband and he made arrangements to have someone else take him at that time. He showed up at 5 and the car STILL wasn't done. No one had called to let us know or provide any updates so both people trying to pick up the car wasted their time as well trying to get it. He was told the shop would fix it that night and it would be ready as soon as they opened. I received a voicemail saying that they were "trying alternative methods because they had snapped the drain plug off in the oil pan". But of course the voicemail came after hours and when I called back, there was no answer.

Tuesday: I had to call off of work because I didn't have a car to drive and I couldn't borrow my husband's. So I had to call the shop (around 8am), because again, they failed to provide any updates. I was told over the phone that the drain plug was stripped and they couldn't get it out. I asked for the real problem because I found it very difficult to believe that any professional shop would have this much trouble removing a plug (stripped or not, it shouldn't be the first time they've ever encountered it). I was told that on top of obviously needing a new drain plug, they needed to pull the oil pan which also involves dropping the whole exhaust to get to it. I stressed again and again that my car NEEDED to be done by the end of the day and that I wanted to be updated because this was ridiculous. And needless to say, I didn't trust the people who are now removing my exhaust to complete my oil change.

We called sometime between 5 and 6pm and at this point my husband gave them his information because I had that obligation (that I needed my car for and then had to find other means). He was told then that the car would be done around 8pm. Surprise, surprise 8 o'clock came and went and no one called. We called the shop repeatedly to no avail. Although I had stressed I needed my car back and that they should be providing updates at this point (because 3 days in an auto-shop is absurd and at this point I needed to be informed about what was going on).

Wednesday: I had to call off work for the second day in a row for my 4 day long oil change. We called at 7:30am and was told that the technician couldn't lift the exhaust up so they had to wait until the morning for assistance. At this point in time they said "All we have to do is put the splash guard back up, it should be around 20 minutes". They called back around 8:30 to say it was done. We arrived at the shop around 9:45 and my car was STILL ON THE LIFT. Apparently they smelled some burning oil and were checking it out, sure enough they never called to say anything so we had to wait, yet again.

It was a total of 71 hours from the time I dropped my car off to when I got the keys back. No rental car was offered and the shop couldn't even bother to call and provide updates before closing. They didn't seem bothered by the fact that I have now had to take off work two days in a row, which were obviously completely unscheduled. We still had a very large bill for the brakes and rotors, which you would think that after they caused me to sacrifice worked hours, that they would have comped it. I now have to try to find another mechanic to lift my vehicle to make sure that everything is in order.

Original review: July 24, 2019

My car was under care of Monro Muffler in Collegeville, Pennsylvania 2 weeks ago awaiting for arrival of a small part. Heavy rain and flooding happened and my car was flooded, damaged, and totaled. After repeated calls to their corporate office by the shop manager and me, finally they told me that their insurance does not cover the damage. What kind of companies don't have insurance to protect their customers while their cars are on their property and under their care? Their corporate officers are the worst to respond and talk to customers. Stay away from this company, they don't deserve your business.

Original review: June 5, 2019

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. NEVER GO HERE. Kevin who is the store manager is a snake who will lie to your face and he will lie under oath. Monroe Mufflers aka Mr Tire's greed for money outweigh their respect for others people's properties. Not unless you want the hassle of having your car staying at their shop longer than expected, don't go here. Kevin will also lie about that under oath by saying that you wanted your vehicle to be there while you scrabble up funds to pay for it. Then when you get you car back it the car emblem broken and smells of gas. Kevin the store manager blamed the damaged on his mechanic who he claims has a bad back and did not inform him of the damage to my vehicle but at the same time they believe these mechanic opinion on work that they claim I need done to people cars.

They damage my car and got away with it. Now I'm stuck with a $1000 credit card bill and I still have to come out of my pocket to fix the issue they created and put electric tape on. Now I'm finding out they can put a lien on my house if I don't pay. All I can do now is hope this post helps the next person. They did their job with me and my car. Hopefully nobody else get this treatment. As Americans we need to root out these crooked companies who bring down our morals and values and to bring back good companies who do good work. It just seems the bad companies are on every corner and no matter how hard we work for our money these crooks can deceive us and then make us pay extra just to get back to normal. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. "Make America Great Again." I guess this is the start of it.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Had front and rear struts installed May 15th 2019.. Paid close to $1500. Brought my car in the next day to Walmart. Brought to my attention by the mechanic installing my back tires my struts were in bad shape. A piece of the coil had broken off in addition to being blow-torched and welded on to fit my vechicle. That is illegal!! The mechanic said "You were lucky that not only did you not get into an accident but could have been liable for another driver."

Original review: May 26, 2019

This was my 2nd visit to this Monro Muffler location. I needed front brakes "AGAIN" not from Monro, however! The "other guys" really put inferior product on my vehicle. It's been a few weeks since my brake replacement by Monro and I am well pleased so far. I was sold when the manager told me they only use one product which is superior to the "other guys". I would recommend Monro muffler and brakes first before you waste your Time and Money anywhere else.

Original review: May 25, 2019

The manager was courteous in scheduling my appointment for an oil change and to rotate tires, checking one with a slow leak. He noted that the brake pads were close and the tech could replace them quickly. They did!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Very easy to get an appointment and no pressure to sell you something. I found it pleasantly simple to get my oil changed. I got the conventional basic oil and a wonderful price. Basic customer service and everything was done in a timely manner. If you want express and out the door you pay more. I waited a few minutes and it was done.

Original review: May 24, 2019

As always, Stephen and his crew did a great job. A replacement part was ordered and quickly obtained to replace faulty engine sensor light on 14 yr old vehicle, allowing auto to pass e-check and enabling me to get tag for license plate. Stephen's crew is always courteous and helpful.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Did what they said they would do. I must assume they checked all the things they advertise. It was not noted on the invoice but was shown a bad cabin filter so I assume they checked all things that might need attention.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have an older van - one that I hope will last me through my transition into retirement. The van is a rust bucket for most but to me it is a essential tool for my work. Being so close to retirement, I simply am not interested in buying another van. So this is where Aaron and Benito come in, they service the van with new muffler, exhaust and brakes. The most important thing is as mechanics they don't shame me with " you know this is a really old and not worth it van". True the market value for this van has long been gone but for someone reaching retirement the value is far beyond one of market placement. I hope this particular Monro shop on Livingston Avenue in Columbus, keeps Aaron as this trust is why I continue to bring my vehicle there. I also refer my friends.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been a customer at the Clarion Monro for many years. I have always had great service. I could go somewhere closer to my home but choose to go here because of the experienced mechanics who are always professional. Great place with great people!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I was in and on the road in less than 90 minutes. Great team of mechanics that knew what they were doing, including the Manager. I can't be any more specific than what I stated. They were awesome. I would recommend Monro Muffler to all my friends and family.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Staff was very informative, clear and straightforward about repairing and replacing my brakes and brake lines. Very grateful for the guys at the new Milford Monro! The brakes were metal on metal and everything was good as new afterwards.

Original review: May 23, 2019

This location is the best. I go there because they are honest, #1. They do great work at a good price. The last time I was in they indicated at my next oil change I probably should change my front brakes. I said, "Well why don’t we do the backs ones too." They said, "No, you still have plenty of paid on them." That’s why I go here. You can trust them to do the “right thing”. They're the best.... Keep up the great work guys!!!!

Original review: May 23, 2019

My wheel was making a noise and they found out it was just a problem with the plate and he fixed it quickly and didn't charge me much money. I love these guys... They have worked on every car I have ever had.

Original review: May 23, 2019

This is my second appointment getting my oil changed and car looked at, top to bottom, with Ray at the front end. It feels like I've known him longer. Adrian always shows his face and says hello as do the other workers in the bays. I'm sorry I can't remember their names since some of them have probably been there a year or two, I only seem to get there a handful of times a year. This time my hubcap needed to be put back on because it fell off and one of my windshield wipers needed to be changed. I decide to walk to the store while they worked on the car. Ray phones me and says that everything looks great, I'm going to need tires soon but not urgent. I thank him and pick up my car. Hubcap securely on and wiper changed. Great, reliable place. One less worry with these terrific people. Thank you.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Despite the kind & patient customer service I'd received, the cost was quite steep for an oil change. Whereas I might've paid more for synthetic elsewhere, I surely would've received the tire rotation @ the usual Monro Muffler in Greece, regardless of that of what the reason was, to not adjust the tires because the front tires are newer than the rear. I'm not sure as to what that would've done for the mileage. I might've paid less, jus' because I've been to such location on several occasions.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had gone to Monro to get new pads and rotate in my SUV. I had dropped it off in the morning, wanting pickup in the afternoon. When I called to see if it was almost ready, I was told 15 minutes. I get there, he tells me they are having issues with a bolt, which I think no problem can’t take long. Had my fiancé drop me off, I ended up sitting there for almost 2 hours! Why would you tell me 15 minutes on the phone if you hadn’t even gotten the bolt off of side 1 yet? It wasn’t the fact of how long it took, it was the fact that I was told an extremely inaccurate time frame of completion, when all they had to say on the phone was that they were having issues with a bolt and they would call me back or I could call back to check.

It was very poor customer service in this sense. Then, I’m told I’m all set to leave, get in my car, and now I had a light on. Someone had just taken it for a test drive, and was just going to leave the light on without saying anything. I will not being going back to that Monro as I have in the past, I will be going to a different one I have so far had good service at.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Charged for a tire rotation I did not receive and informed I could not get a refund. Have had to return the past few times I've had an oil change to have maintenance light turned off. Manager was rude and did not even apologize for any inconvenience. When I said I won't be back, she said 'ok' turned around and went back into the garage.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Although I made my appointment for next Saturday, Daniel serviced my car. He was finished in about a half hour. He was very accommodating and he educated me on the TPMS. He wasn't trying to get more money out of me. I am very pleased with the service that wasn't suppose to have happened for another week. Thanks Daniel.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My experience at this particular location (Allegheny River Blvd.) was excellent. The customer service was great, their timing was wonderful and I was out of there ahead of schedule. I will be returning!

Monro Muffler Company Information