Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Monro Muffler Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monro Muffler?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monro Muffler?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Went to Monro for a starter. After starter was put in check engine light came on. Took it back in. He said last guy tore the plug on the knock sensor. He then rewired it. As soon as he did he blew the vcm computer and a solenoid in the tranny. The dealer told us after monro had it towed there. Offered to pay $600 on a $1600 bill and I had a rental car for 10 days. Another $500. Horrible ** people on West Broad St in Columbus OH. Was told when it happened they would cover it all until they seen the bill. I will see them in court.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

The team at Monro Auto Service and Tire Center on Cherry St. in Noblesville, IN, will have my business from now on. Their honesty and the care they showed me is something I’d not experienced before. My lack of knowledge in vehicle repair has always made me apprehensive. This team put me at ease and then some. They were upfront in telling me the computer issue I had could be extremely expensive. And that certainly could’ve opened the door to a costly repair, whether necessary or not. But again, honesty was their priority and no doubt part of their business model. They quickly found the issue which was far less involved and took care of it in less than an hour. Thank you guys for being the honest team you are. This is how business should be conducted and is obviously the reason they have so many return customers. Give them a shot and you won’t be disappointed!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

DO NOT COME HERE. I will preface this by saying that up until today, I have had all my maintenance done here for the last two years but I will never return. Sunday: I dropped my car off early, as I usually do, so that way if they have time they can work on it early (and if they don't it's no big deal). My appointment was for brakes and an oil change. When I was dropping my car off, the guy checking me in was clueless. He seemed baffled that I wanted both brakes and oil serviced and what should have taken 5 minutes or less to check in, took almost 20.

I should have listened to my instincts and left at this point, but seeing as how I had to drive to Baltimore later in the week, I really didn't have any other choice. I received a voicemail at 4:53 that day that told me that my car was not finished and if I needed it I needed to call back by 5 to let them know if I needed it that night or first thing the next day. I called back right at 5 and no one was there.

Monday: I had to borrow my husband's car, who thankfully didn't work and was willing/able to put off all his plans for the day so I could use his car. I called Monro back after getting another voicemail. This is when I was informed that neither brakes nor oil had been changed, so I guess Sunday was just a wash. I was then informed that the drain plug for the oil pan was stripped. The only people that could have stripped the drain plug was them. I informed them that my husband would call and check in as he was going to try to get the car. He called and was told the car would be done by 2.

I then received a call at 11:30 that said the car wouldn't be done until 5. I relayed the info about the delayed pickup to my husband and he made arrangements to have someone else take him at that time. He showed up at 5 and the car STILL wasn't done. No one had called to let us know or provide any updates so both people trying to pick up the car wasted their time as well trying to get it. He was told the shop would fix it that night and it would be ready as soon as they opened. I received a voicemail saying that they were "trying alternative methods because they had snapped the drain plug off in the oil pan". But of course the voicemail came after hours and when I called back, there was no answer.

Tuesday: I had to call off of work because I didn't have a car to drive and I couldn't borrow my husband's. So I had to call the shop (around 8am), because again, they failed to provide any updates. I was told over the phone that the drain plug was stripped and they couldn't get it out. I asked for the real problem because I found it very difficult to believe that any professional shop would have this much trouble removing a plug (stripped or not, it shouldn't be the first time they've ever encountered it). I was told that on top of obviously needing a new drain plug, they needed to pull the oil pan which also involves dropping the whole exhaust to get to it. I stressed again and again that my car NEEDED to be done by the end of the day and that I wanted to be updated because this was ridiculous. And needless to say, I didn't trust the people who are now removing my exhaust to complete my oil change.

We called sometime between 5 and 6pm and at this point my husband gave them his information because I had that obligation (that I needed my car for and then had to find other means). He was told then that the car would be done around 8pm. Surprise, surprise 8 o'clock came and went and no one called. We called the shop repeatedly to no avail. Although I had stressed I needed my car back and that they should be providing updates at this point (because 3 days in an auto-shop is absurd and at this point I needed to be informed about what was going on).

Wednesday: I had to call off work for the second day in a row for my 4 day long oil change. We called at 7:30am and was told that the technician couldn't lift the exhaust up so they had to wait until the morning for assistance. At this point in time they said "All we have to do is put the splash guard back up, it should be around 20 minutes". They called back around 8:30 to say it was done. We arrived at the shop around 9:45 and my car was STILL ON THE LIFT. Apparently they smelled some burning oil and were checking it out, sure enough they never called to say anything so we had to wait, yet again.

It was a total of 71 hours from the time I dropped my car off to when I got the keys back. No rental car was offered and the shop couldn't even bother to call and provide updates before closing. They didn't seem bothered by the fact that I have now had to take off work two days in a row, which were obviously completely unscheduled. We still had a very large bill for the brakes and rotors, which you would think that after they caused me to sacrifice worked hours, that they would have comped it. I now have to try to find another mechanic to lift my vehicle to make sure that everything is in order.

Original review: July 24, 2019

My car was under care of Monro Muffler in Collegeville, Pennsylvania 2 weeks ago awaiting for arrival of a small part. Heavy rain and flooding happened and my car was flooded, damaged, and totaled. After repeated calls to their corporate office by the shop manager and me, finally they told me that their insurance does not cover the damage. What kind of companies don't have insurance to protect their customers while their cars are on their property and under their care? Their corporate officers are the worst to respond and talk to customers. Stay away from this company, they don't deserve your business.

Original review: June 5, 2019

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. NEVER GO HERE. Kevin who is the store manager is a snake who will lie to your face and he will lie under oath. Monroe Mufflers aka Mr Tire's greed for money outweigh their respect for others people's properties. Not unless you want the hassle of having your car staying at their shop longer than expected, don't go here. Kevin will also lie about that under oath by saying that you wanted your vehicle to be there while you scrabble up funds to pay for it. Then when you get you car back it the car emblem broken and smells of gas. Kevin the store manager blamed the damaged on his mechanic who he claims has a bad back and did not inform him of the damage to my vehicle but at the same time they believe these mechanic opinion on work that they claim I need done to people cars.

They damage my car and got away with it. Now I'm stuck with a $1000 credit card bill and I still have to come out of my pocket to fix the issue they created and put electric tape on. Now I'm finding out they can put a lien on my house if I don't pay. All I can do now is hope this post helps the next person. They did their job with me and my car. Hopefully nobody else get this treatment. As Americans we need to root out these crooked companies who bring down our morals and values and to bring back good companies who do good work. It just seems the bad companies are on every corner and no matter how hard we work for our money these crooks can deceive us and then make us pay extra just to get back to normal. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. "Make America Great Again." I guess this is the start of it.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Had front and rear struts installed May 15th 2019.. Paid close to $1500. Brought my car in the next day to Walmart. Brought to my attention by the mechanic installing my back tires my struts were in bad shape. A piece of the coil had broken off in addition to being blow-torched and welded on to fit my vechicle. That is illegal!! The mechanic said "You were lucky that not only did you not get into an accident but could have been liable for another driver."

Original review: May 26, 2019

This was my 2nd visit to this Monro Muffler location. I needed front brakes "AGAIN" not from Monro, however! The "other guys" really put inferior product on my vehicle. It's been a few weeks since my brake replacement by Monro and I am well pleased so far. I was sold when the manager told me they only use one product which is superior to the "other guys". I would recommend Monro muffler and brakes first before you waste your Time and Money anywhere else.

Original review: May 25, 2019

The manager was courteous in scheduling my appointment for an oil change and to rotate tires, checking one with a slow leak. He noted that the brake pads were close and the tech could replace them quickly. They did!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Very easy to get an appointment and no pressure to sell you something. I found it pleasantly simple to get my oil changed. I got the conventional basic oil and a wonderful price. Basic customer service and everything was done in a timely manner. If you want express and out the door you pay more. I waited a few minutes and it was done.

Original review: May 24, 2019

As always, Stephen and his crew did a great job. A replacement part was ordered and quickly obtained to replace faulty engine sensor light on 14 yr old vehicle, allowing auto to pass e-check and enabling me to get tag for license plate. Stephen's crew is always courteous and helpful.

Monro Muffler Company Information